The /Site/ Sticky:
Welcome! This sticky will cover the majority of frequently asked questions as well as provide important information for using the site. Click each box for info.
Or if you have any questions, feel free to ask in our official Discord
! ● Formatting & Hotkeys
- Q brings up the Quick Reply - if you have it enabled in the Settings.
- Ctrl+b will make highlighted text bold
- Ctrl+i will put it in italics
- Ctrl+s will spoiler your text
- Ctrl+h will hide your text, creating a [Show] button for people to reveal
- Ctrl+u will underline it
- Ctrl + r is for
- [cs][/cs] will create Comic Sans text
- [tt][/tt] will create Typeface font
- [shy][/shy] will create smaller text
- [rcv][/rcv] will create larger text and activate the royal canterlot voice wordfilter
- Red bold headings are obtained by placing two equal signs (==) on each side of ==your text== (On one line only)
- [url] function - you can make hyperlinks in the following manner: [url=http://google.com]Click here[/url]
- On /pony/, /fan/ and /rp/, you can edit your posts or threads. Click the checkbox of the post you want to edit and click the [Edit] button in the bottom right corner of the page to edit it.
- You can use an automated "dice" by entering [XdY], X being the number of dice and Y the number of sides each dice has. For example [2d6] will throw two 6-faced dice.
- You can also make additions or subtractions, useful for roleplaying functions. For example [1d20-5]
- Thread watching: There is a 'Watch' link at the bottom right of every OP. When it's clicked, a 'Watcher' menu will appear near the Settings tab. You will be alerted of new messages in watched threads.
- Cross--thread linking is done as such: >>>/test/47
- Catalog: each board has a "Catalog" which will show you all the threads currently on every page of each board. For example: catalog for /anon/. The catalog will show you a preview of each thread's OP text, the OP image as well as the number of replies in each thread.
Ponychan has a Settings button on the right of its navbar. Here are some of the features it provides:
- The "style" field allows you to use different themes.
- Show mature content threads: Will reveal the automatically hidden mature threads on certain boards. Off by default.
- Treat mature images as spoilers: Spoilers images in mature threads, when threads are unhidden.
- Reveal Spoilers will bypass the Spoilers system (Images and text)
- Navbar stays at the top: "Sticks" the navbar to the top of the page. It is off by default: the navbar scrolls down with you.
- Use QR for posting: Highly recommended, the Quick Reply allows you to post in a thread without scrolling to the top every time. Q brings it up.
- Show "You" on links to your posts: Will put the text (You) after a reply directed to a post you have made.
- Reply notifier sound: A sound alert is played when someone replies to you in a thread- if you have the thread opened.
- Filtered Names and Filtered Tripcodes: Prevents post made with those names or tripcodes from being seen
Ponychan allows you to create hash-tags, which are a tagging feature.
You create a #Tag of your choice like so: [#Text of your choice].This is important for some boards like /rp/ and /anon/: it is also how you mark a thread as mature. On mature boards, a button is available when making the OP to add this tag automatically. The special tag [#Anon] removes the ability for replies to have names.
Note: Any NSFW image posted in a non-Mature thread is a rule violation and will be treated as such. Please tag your threads properly for the benefit of all users