[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

The place for, well, roleplaying. Feel free to jump in.
Name?

This field is optional. You can choose any name you want, or you can post anonymously by leaving this field empty.

Tripcodes are a way to identify yourself between posts without having to register with the site. To use a tripcode, enter your name as ‹name›#‹key›.You can choose anything you want as the key—it is private and will never be shown to other posters or stored on the server. For example:

Rarity#bestpony → Rarity!.4PK7yxdII

If you want a tripcode containing specific words, you can download a program designed to search for tripcodes, such as Tripcode Explorer.

Email
?

Entering an e-mail is optional.

There are also code words you can enter here which perform certain actions when you submit your post.

  • sage — lets you post without bumping a thread.
  • nonoko — uses the original post behavior to redirect to the board index.

These can be used at the same time as an e-mail address by typing ‹email›#‹action›.

You can also use Skype names in place of an e-mail. The notation is the same as a link to a username on skype itself, which is skype:‹username›

Subject
Comment?
Giving emphasis
[b] Bold [/b] Ctrl + B
[i] Italic [/i] Ctrl + I
[u] Underlined [/u] Ctrl + U
[s] Strikethrough [/s] Ctrl + R
Hiding text
[?] Spoiler text [/?] Ctrl + S
[h] Hide block of text [/h] Ctrl + H
Special
[rcv] Royal Canterlot voice [/rcv] Ctrl + K
[shy] Fluttershy voice [/shy]
[cs] Comic Sans [/cs]
[tt] Monospaced [/tt]
[d20], [4d6] — Dice rolls
URLs and linking
Link to a post on the current board
>>1234
Link to another board
>>>/pony/
Link to a post on another board
>>>/pony/1234
Hypertext links
[url=https://www.ponychan.net/] Ponychan [/url]
File
Options
Password?

This field is for editing and deletions.


File: 1547952172782.jpg (Spoiler Image, 26.47 KB, 249x384, 1044750965_turesDream.jpg)

Shining Light: A Time of Heroes Thread 2 - Hopes and Dreams The Prince of Stories!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552420[Last 50 Posts]

#Ask/Invite #Canon: Lost Light Universe #Era: Shining Light #Superheroes #IC

>it is a realm beyond rational knowledge, beyond any mortal concept of space or time

>it is a place with only the vaguest concept of form, ever-changing as if on the whims of an artist
>it is the home to all manner of creatures, great and small, innocent and frightening, all as random and incoherent as the land itself
>it is a place none can reach of their own free will, and yet all have been there
>from the mightiest of overlords, to the most inconsequential of paupers
>from the kindest, to the cruelest, and all in-between
>from the most complicated of beings whose thoughts concern whole galaxies, to the most simple who can just barely form a thought
>and even you have been there before
>you would not recall it very well, for it hangs just on the edges of your memory, but when you fell into a deep sleep, you were there
>for it is the Land of the Dreaming

>like all lands, this one has a creator, and a ruler

>this ruler lives in a castle of his own making, all at once crystalline and stone, spectacular and inviting, while cold and haunting
>in this castle, the ruler governs his land and his people - which includes all those who enter it
>he is a quiet, reclusive ruler - respected, but feared
>for few can understand what goes through his eternal, ageless mind, as his desires are simple, while his dedication to his work is unprecedented
>but what would a being such as him do when there is no work to be done?

>often, he reflects on what he has done, for a being as eternal as he has done very much

>he reflects on love lost, on acts both selfish and selfless, on what it means to engage with mortals whose lives end so quickly, on his presence in their lives and their views of him
>and he often ponders on what his future holds, for even a being as old as he will one day reach his end, and what meaning his actions will have when that time comes
>but for today, he decides to pursue one of his favourite hobbies
>he reads

>in his castle is a most special library

>within its endless halls are every book ever written, from the most popular and largely known, to the most obscure and rarely-seen, and even those forever lost to the sands of time
>it also contains the tomes that will be written, whether as early as tomorrow, or as far away as the end of all things
>and it contains the stories that have never been written, that will never come to be, and remain in the minds of their creators, with pen never having been put to page
>for what is a story but an idea someone first created in their mind?
>and what is an idea but a dream that simply took form?

>in this library, he idly picks up a single book

>it is the second volume of an ongoing tale, its end not yet come to pass
>it is both a simple and complicated story
>it is a tale of heroes and villains, and their opposing ideologies clashing in a never-ending struggle
>it is a tale of love, of life, of growth and learning
>it is a tale of happiness, sorrow, anger, and fear
>it is a tale that has been told many times before, and will be told many times since
>and yet, he reads it all the same, and takes no less enjoyment out of it
>for all stories are precious, and are worth telling and reading, as they all mean something special to someone

>he is the Prince of Stories and Ideas

>he is the ruler of the Land of the Dreaming
>he has gone by many names, but you may know him simply as the Sandman
>and like you, he enjoys a good story
>perhaps you will enjoy this one too

---------------------

Yuri Takamori!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552423

File: 1547952955675.jpg (5.76 MB, 3000x3000, file.jpg)

>It was the end of another day at STAR Academy. All things considered, Yuri was thriving! People accepted her (or at least the parts of her that Yuri was comfortable sharing), and while she hadn't made any positive progress on figuring out her quirk, the people at the academy had helped her figure out a number of things that her powers weren't. That was the next best thing, right?

>But that could wait for tomorrow, for now, Yuri just wanted to slip into something comfortable, get in bed and see what was happening online.

>She vaguely recalled hearing the name of some website, and upon searching it up, found a streaming platform made up mostly of video game streams, and then a stream of something she loved as a kid caught her eye.

>A Mario Kart: Double Dash stream titled "No Gods, No Masters, Only Baby Mario.


<"Well now, that's certainly an attention-grabbing title. Let's see what lies in store for me."

[Click]

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552425

File: 1547953600302.jpg (101.12 KB, 850x553, __sunazuka_akira_idolmaster_ci…)

>>41552423
>the streamer went by the tag NeroTomato. Their facecam showing a young girl roughly Yuri's age.
>looks like it was a rom stream, from the fact that the game was clearly modded.
>each time NeroTomato would go through the goal, the carts would start going faster... On a map like Baby Park, it only took a couple of laps before things turned into a horrible blur of YAHOOS and other various Mario sounds.

Can't even see what I'm doing? Am I winning? I have no idea.

>the streamer said, a smile on her face, appearing to enjoy the genuine chaos of the mod.

Charlotte & Jenny!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552431

File: 1547966578618.jpg (23.67 KB, 239x327, that makes no sense.jpg)

>"...would ya believe me if Ah said that's not th' worst thing Ah've evah heard?"
...I would doubt it for a few moments, but in this Academy, I know many who would have.
>honest and blunt as always, but she did remain quiet the more Danny talked
>and strangely, while her heart kept beating louder, it didn't feel quite as oppressive anymore
>she had told this story a few times in the past already, and only a handful of people were ever willing to be so understanding
...
>was she just putting her hopes up again...
...
>was her mind just choosing to forget the countless other times she'd met people like him?
...
>the countless times she'd put her trust on these exact same words, and ended up alone again?
...

>"Ah am serious about tha'...so, if you are..."

...

...

>Charlotte's hand curled up into fists over her lap again

>for several long seconds, she remained absolutely silent, her expression unflinching as she stared at the wall in front of her
...

...

I've started going to Byrne's more frequently, throughout the entire week. I think a part of me had been... hoping you'd enjoyed it enough to go there again, and our paths would cross...

>turning her head, she looked at Danny again

...I would like your company there again. If it's alright with you...
This post was edited by its author on .

Charlotte & Jenny!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552432

File: 1547966985490.jpg (80.36 KB, 889x500, thats good right.jpg)

>>41552393
>>41552398
>Jenny's terrified mumbling seemed to instantly stop
>her body stopped shivering as she smiled pleasantly at Sadako
Oh, don't worry about it! It's not your fault!
>and then snapped right back into her nervous disposition, crawling out from between Sadako's legs
>and like some weird woman-shaped lizard, crawled up Sadako to grip onto her tightly in fear
S-...S-So... th-there's a way out of here, r-right? I-I'm not, like... trapped here until I come across s-some big emotional breakthrough about my life or anything complicated like that, right!?

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552433

File: 1547999262672.png (129.86 KB, 772x711, Meliodas_treaching_Gilthunder_…)

>>41552431
>Danny watched Charlotte quietly after he finished speaking, waiting to see how she would take this
>she had already said no once, and considering everything going against them, it would make sense if she said no again
>which, in the end, she...technically didn't
>her roundabout request to go back to Byrne's some time soon prompted a wider smile from him, trying not to come off as too excited

...well, Ah'd say it's a date, ma'am~

>even while internally he was losing his mind over how this was actually really happening holy shit oh my God

Morty Ashton!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552434

File: 1548002457334.png (386.98 KB, 1280x1280, Hmph.png)

>>41552398
>>41552432

>It took a while for Morty to get his bearings back together, eyes flitting to the people that seemed to be mumbling on the edge of his hearing. Oh please don't have this attract any more attention please...Gingerly, he pulled himself back up to his feet and brushed himself off, taking care not to spill what remained in the bucket, which was a smattering few pieces that he'd probably take back for Bea later if he didn't finish off.


'Course there's a way out...It's just a bit finicky.

>In many many ways. Seeing as how she wasn't meant to be in here in the first place, seeing as what happened with Sadie...Well, who knew what'd happen here. Morty's gaze shifted over to Cory and Sadako, previous enmity gone while he shuffled awkwardly on the spot.


So, uh...How do we get her to the Other one?

>He'd never really gone through the glamour. Whenever he had...It'd been for training. And considering what he was usually doing, and exactly how he was moving about to learn the trade...He highly doubted that anybody, least of all Jenny herself, would want her to experience what that entailed, exactly.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552436

File: 1548004467658.jpg (44.68 KB, 480x480, Ill cut you.jpg)

>meanwhile...

>STAR Academy was a place where the very best of a person could be brought out

>students, teachers, staff; it made no difference, and many took its great halls, and the footsteps of those who came before them as inspiration
>inspiration to be everything you could be, and the best person you wished to be

A-AAAAAAAAAGH!
>but those in STAR Academy were still humans in the end
>worse: they were moody teenagers
>even the Academy struggled with the propagation of bullying, and especially in an environment where students often had the powers to inflict plenty of collateral damage, emotions would ride high
>fights weren't any less or more uncommon than any other school, but they did tend to gather a lot of attention much more quickly
>everyone was always excited to see when the next fight broke out, because it was often a chance to see two wildly different power clashing

>but for a young Glavius Claysteed, getting into a fight meant being at a disadvantage no matter what

>he wasn't the most athletic student; very much the textbook definition of a bookworm
>his power only allowed him to emit a fragrant scent from the palms of his hands, which was just fine for him as it allowed him to further his interests in insect studying
>but this did make him one of the students in the Academy who really had very little ways of defending himself
>he could probably try and summon a swarm of bees, but those were just as likely to sting him as they were his foe

>and right now, he wasn't actually sure if the bees would even want to get near him

>as he cowered on the ground, backed up against a tree, his eyes widened in terror at the lanky, black-clad figure that loomed nearby

>he'd heard all the rumors; everyone has

>the Girl with the Murderous Glare was one of those tall tales that spread like wildfire among the students
>a student said to be so dangerous and violent, she'd struck even the most hardened of teachers with fear through a single look
>a feared delinquent even by her seniors, many stories came from this reputation
>fights she had won; crimes she had committed; people she had killed...

>Glavius, like everyone else, had heard the stories

>and like many others, he always dismissed them as nothing more than rumors
>but everyone felt it as soon as they saw her
>as soon as she looked at them
>and everyone, without exception, even if only for a brief second, would suddenly believe those stories

>Abigail Shain

Your can hit my head.

I-I-I'm really sorr--

You shouldn't throw your stuff like that.
>she held up the soda can up to her head

I-I'm sorry, I-I really am! I-I was a-aiming for the trash, I promise!

You shouldn't throw your stuff like that.

I-I know, I--

Trash should be disposed of thoughtfully. Quickly.
>crunch!
Thoroughly.
>the soda can crumbled beneath her grip
This world has plenty of trash already, you know...
>her lanky body loomed just a few inches closer to Glavius
Wouldn't the world be better if there weren't any trash to bother people anymore? People like me?

>Glavius let out a choked high-pitched squeal as a desperately tried to scream, but his voice clung to the walls of his throat for dear life to not have to-


Answer me.

-!!
>his eyes shot wide open
YES! YES! I'M TRASH, I KNOW I'M TRASH B-BUT PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE D-DON'T-ghhff!

>Glavius was quickly interrupted by Abigail's hand over his mouth

Stop screaming. It's only giving me a headache.

>fights in STAR Academy always drew in large crowds

>either because of those excited to see a superpowered schoolyard brawl
>of because they wished to put their own skills to the test and put a stop to it
>but whenever Abigail was involved, it seemed as if everyone knew better than to try anything at all, only looking on from a safe distance in terror
>Glavius's tearful eyes scanned the area around him, desperately hoping to seem someone, anyone dumb enough to be a hero and save him from this

Yuri Takamori!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552438

File: 1548006024823.png (379.44 KB, 960x960, YHappy2.png)

>>41552425
>Lap 27/100...
>And they got faster with every lap
>And the music went up a half step every time the lap number increased.

>Yuri couldn't help but laugh at the sheer insanity unfolding on her screen. The chat was screaming past her at nearly the same speed as the racers on baby park, but something still possessed her to make a post. After setting her guest handle to "CrimsonShadow", a standby username for her, Yuri left her mark


My my, it appears Baby Park was the gateway to Baby Purgatory the whole time. Just 70 more laps to go~

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552439

>>41552436

>fortunately, there absolutely was someone dumb enough to play hero!

>unfortunately, it probably wasn’t the hero the poor kid was hoping for.

>Janice saw the situation unfolding from a bench she had been reading at in the distance, and initially found even herself paralyzed. she’d heard all the same stories about Abigail that everyone had, but she’d never really put any stock into them. it would be hypocritical for her of all people to assume the worst of someone just on rumors, right?


>so why did she feel her blood run so cold when she saw Abigail? rumors are just rumors, and it’s not like there was anything about her that looked particularly intimidating; hell, she actually looked oddly familiar somehow, and seemed to have about the same sense of style that Janice herself did.

>there was really no logical reason for her to be locking up like this, let alone for even J to be screaming in terror in the back of her mind like he was.
>eventually though, a thought clicked with her; ”what if that’s just her thing? something to do with fear?”

>it would make sense, and that little bit of logic to cling to helped lessen the paranoid fear a bit, enough for Janice to pull herself to her feet and start closing the distance.

>as she closed in, looking nearly as menacing as Abigail herself, Janice ran through what she would say in her head. something cool and heroic, naturally.

HEY.

>she shouted from a short distance to draw Abigail’s attention, and readied herself for the cool followup she’d been workshopping in her brain for the last few seconds.

>...only for no words to come. that weird aura of menace that hung around Abigail just completely stalled out Janice’s train of thought, and the practiced line just completely disappeared from her head.

>fortunately, no matter how nervous Janice might be, there was some thing she was even more; stubborn.

>stubborn enough to force a few words out regardless, even if they weren’t the cool ones she’d wanted.

...Get your hands off of him, now.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552441

>>41552432
>>41552434

>even still, with the awkward intrusion on her personal space, Sadako seemed entirely unperturbed, only slightly cocking her head to the side in curiosity.


Uh, no? Why would it be like that? It’s actually pretty simple to leave.

>Corinthia grumbled in irritation as she picked herself up from the ground and shot a dirty look in Jenny’s direction before adding her two cents.


It’s super easy, actually. Dunno what Morty’s talkin’ about, I do it all the time. I’m… probably not s’posed to, but I do.

Still, it seems like such a shame for you to leave so soon! You said you still needed some help, right?

>Sadako’s seemingly permanent smile widened a bit, while Cory seemed a lot less enthused with what she knew was coming.


Why don’t you hang out here for awhile, see the sights until you’re ready to move on? Then we can help you get to where you’re going next!

Jenny Grimbits!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552444

File: 1548012450776.jpg (80.16 KB, 889x500, tears.jpg)

>>41552434
>>41552441
Well, that's a relief!
>at the multiple reassurances that leaving was no big deal, Jenny allowed herself to relax a bit
>all she had to do was follow their instructions and-
>"See the sights until you're ready to move on?"
...

...

...

<"Waaaaaait a second..."


...

...

...

>very slowly and gingerly, Jenny's removed her arms from around Sadako

>slowly, she turned her body to face directly forward from the park bench, and stared out into the distance
...
>she slowly lifted her head further, staring up into the sky and-
AaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!
>the scream wasn't quite as potent or inhuman as last time, but still quite powerful
>not that they had much time to receive the full brunt of it, as Jenny rocketed herself off the bench and began running away as quickly as her legs could carry
I'MNOTDEADI'MNOTDEADIM'NOTDEADI'MNOTDEADI'MNOTDEAD--YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, YOU HEAR ME!?
>she slid to a halt, clearly caught in a blind panicked frenzy as she looked all around her
>everywhere she turned she just saw more ghoulish faces turning to stare at her
>they were everywhere!
GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH--!!
>and thus, the woman did the unthinkable, in a desperate move to flee
>thrusting her hands into her open mouth, Jenny's arms slipped inside with tremendous easy
>and they kept going past her elbows, and just when it seemed like her arms would go no further...
>the woman's form seemed to collapse, bending on wholly unnatural ways as it thinned out and twisted to continue being sucked into her maw
>it didn't take very long before her torso was gone, soon followed by her legs
>and in the span of a few seconds, only her head remained, rolling further and further onto itself, until-
>pop!
>it vanished completely from sight
>some how
>some way
>eating itself into nonexistence

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552446

>>41552436
>>41552439

>Even further beyond Janice, a book slams shut loudly enough to be heard around the yard. Even with the fight going on, she drew attention like she always did, rising slowly to her full height.


>Slowly, Meredith turns and strides across the room with long, steady strides, her eyes fixed coldly on the fight already breaking out.


>But internally...


<WHY? WHY MUST SHE BE SO BEAUTIFUL?


>Appearing behind Janice, she looms over the three other students like the statue of a god. One of the classier ones, without all the tentacles.


I... believe it would be smart to do as she says.

<Yes. Excellently done. No terror keeping me from acting immediately. None.


We don't want trouble.

>How did she do that, though? If stories were true, it could be anything from demonic nature or eldritch taint, to simple psychic powers, though. She doubted the demon thing, though. From personal experience, they were a lot less intimidating than their reputation said.
This post was edited by its author on .

Morty Ashton!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552447

File: 1548013796839.png (466.86 KB, 1000x1800, Sad.png)

>>41552441
>>41552444


W-what? What do you mean it's simple?

>Morty looked genuinely baffled and worried. Simple?! It had taken years for him and Bea to acclimatise to Travel! It was the only way he knew of leaving the Town and going into the wider world! He'd always thought Bea was so strong to do it so regularly, but they all just thought it was simple?


>...Clearly he'd underestimated them. Cory and Sadako both. They were monsters on a level he couldn't comprehend. I mean, really he should have been able to comprehend that since Sadako ate molten pain and Cory found a way to cheat at Mousetrap but still! They were clearly monster even beyond his pitiful understanding of their true power.


>He had to remain even more on his gua-oh god she's screaming again.


>Morty jumped at the sound once more, though due to the lessened volume he hadn't been thrown back to the floor, but more importantly she'd decided to bail the fuck out. Jenny bolted away and even as Morty fruitlessly reached a hand out to stop her, he was greeted with the most shocking sight he'd seen all day, and that was saying something.


>As Jenny panicked and stared at the Dis residents that gathered around, she...ate herself. Her entire body, absorbed into the black hole that had been her mouth until there was nothing left of her. Twisting and bending in ways that seemed lethal until...Nothing. Morty got the distinct impression that he should be sick, but his body was a bit slow to co-operate, instead he merely just stared at where Jenny's head had been absorbed into itself, bucket of chicken still in hand.


...I don't think she's coming back.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552452

>>41552444
>>41552447

>Sadako’s expression didn’t change a bit as she stared blankly at the empty void where Jenny once stood. Corinthia on the other hand, stared in obvious slackjawed shock.


...Ha ha, what the fuck?

That… Sadie, you really gotta get better at phrasing. This is, like, the fourth time this kinda thing’s happened.

>she was right, and Sadako shuddered a bit at the thought. she would rather do just about everything in her power to avoid thinking about The Incident. she didn’t know he only had one leg, promise!

>killing that thought dead in its tracks, Sadako hopped up from the bench, quickly trotting over to the now-Jennyless void people were starting to mill around.

Uh, everyone please just move along, nothing to see here! Just a misunderstanding, we’ll take care of it!

>she put on her most reassuring smile, trying to calmly disperse the growing crowd before the situation could grow out of hand. Corinthia instead opted for the more blunt route, stubbornly shoving onlookers away until they got the hint and started to clear the scene.

>with the crowd mostly managed, Sadako turned her attention back to the empty space where a grown-ass woman just vored herself out of existence before her very eyes, her smile becoming a bit more awkward and forced as she spoke out at seemingly nothing.

Sooo, uh, Jenny! I dunno if you can hear me, or, y’know, still exist. But that was just a misunderstanding, you’re not dead! Or… weren’t. I honestly don’t really know enough about whatever you just did to know for sure now. But if you’re still there and you can still hear me, please come back out! We can explain!

Abigail Addams!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552455

File: 1548024411012.jpg (22.85 KB, 224x411, look at this guy.jpg)

>>41552439
>>41552446
>"HEY."
>at this point, Glavius wasn't even paying attention to who was jumping in to help him
>he was just relieved someone did, and the giant muscular goddess was the first of the two to really capture his attention
>he struggled weakly underneath Abigail's hand, a few frantic and muffled cries escaping him

>Abigail on the other hand... well, she seemed to completely ignore Janice and Meredith

>it took a few seconds of chilling silence before the girl finally began turning her head in the direction of the two other voices

>logically speaking, there really should be nothing terrifying about the girl

>sure, her mouth and eyes seemed a bit too large for her head, but that looked more goofy than anything
>and yet, if simply being in her presence was suffocating enough, having those large black eyes stare at you only seemed to multiply that feeling
>without a word, her fingers slowly peeled off of Glavius's mouth, but his legs were still shaking too hard to properly make a run for it, only managing to slowly begin crawling away and letting these two get themselves killed handle the situation!

Trouble? I assure you, this is no trouble. In fact, I quite enjoy it.
>she tossed the crumpled soda can slightly into the air, a bit higher each time as she continue to talk
We should all pitch in to help make the world a better place, don't you agree? One piece of trash at a time...
>she tossed the can far above her head on last time, before-

>continued...

Abigail Addams!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552456

File: 1548025084670.jpg (88.66 KB, 544x544, summoning.jpg)

>>41552439
>>41552446
>>41552455
DOOON-!
>a massive skeletal hand suddenly grabbed hold of the can in the air
>the thing that most certainly was not there a second ago, crackling with arcane energy from every inch of its body crushed the can inside of its hand
DON-DOROOON!!
>before it swung its fist backwards, launching it forward into the ground below
>the sheer impact of the fist send tremors across the area, the violent beast on crackling with even more power than before as it stood between Abigail and the other two girls

>even if Janice and Meredith had little experience with them, or knew very few people like this, they might at the very least recognize this sort of thing from Mr. Kujo

>Stand Users were, comparatively, a smaller demographic in STAR Academy, but just one Stand User could make a very powerful first impression
So really, I welcome you to step in. It only makes my job that much easier.

Isn't that right, HUMANS ARE SUCH EASY PREY?


DOOOROOOOOON...
>the Stand raised its fist from the ground, opening it to reveal the soda can was no longer there
>there was only a fist-shaped smoldering mark on the pavement below

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552461

>>41552446
>>41552456

>Janice flinched a bit at the sudden voice coming from behind her, out of a combined desire to avoid being the center of attention and to keep others out of this, as well as the fact that Jesus that was loud.


Stay out of this. I’ll handle it. You’ll just get… yoursellll…

>honestly, when she glanced back to check the source of the voice, an enormous beef mountain that completely dwarfed her and just about anyone she’d care to mention wasn’t exactly what she’d been expecting.


...nevermind.

>turning her attention back to Abigail, Janice felt… weird. consciously, she realized there was really nothing about her that should be frightening.

>she was really just sort of cartoonish-looking, heck, maybe even a little cute if you were into that sort of thing.
>so why the hell was keeping eye contact so hard?
>probably just some power thing, Janice reminded herself.
>not that that reminder did much good, since she immediately found herself completely caught off guard by the giant skeleton thing what the fuck.
>Janice was aware of the broad strokes of Stands just by osmosis, and actually found the subject kind of interesting; it presenting a fascinating alternative to the situation she already shared with J.
>but hoo boy did that not make her any better prepared for the intensified wave of dread that was almost tangibly radiating off this thing. at least that seemed to confirm Janice’s suspicions somewhat, even if she had no clue what the Stand actually did.
>everything in her screamed to leg it at that little show of power, but she stayed in place and steeled herself – ever too defiant for her own good – to glare straight through the stand to the girl behind it.

Not in the mood. All I want is you to keep your hands off other people. I don’t know what kind of problems you have. But I’m not letting you take them out on others.

So drop the stand. Don’t fuck with anyone else. And we won’t have a problem. Deal?

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552464

File: 1548041684098.jpg (139.69 KB, 850x1201, __sunazuka_akira_idolmaster_ci…)

>>41552438
>Roma was focusing on not being turned around from how fast she was going to look at the chat, but would occasionally look to it to make a comment on what people were saying.
>comments of "This is fine" and "Are you winning, son?" were here and there. As well as the occasional familiar emote of a popular Twitch emote

I think I've been going in the wrong direction this whole time... I don't even know if Lakitu is showing up.

>her eyes looked at the chat, catching Yuri's comment.


We're soon to enter the next circles of Mario Kart hell, and I'm not talking about Rainbow Road.

>she said, laughing, showing her oddly sharp teeth.

>if one were to look at her facecam, they'd notice a strong being hovering over her shoulder. A smokey creature, completely pitched black, other than a pair of white eyes.

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552465

>>41552455
>>41552456

>Meredith slowly steps back, eyes wide at the appearance of the sheer hulk of the Stand. The size of it, the look of it all just added up to a nightmare made manifest.


Hrrrm.

>Her eyes twitch as she struggles to continue staring directly at Abigail or her stand despite the fear it seemed to instill in her somehow.


I am... always happy to be helping.

>Something was off here somehow, something at the edge of her perception. What was it?


>>41552461

>Cautiously, she takes up a position alongside Janice. She wasn't entirely clear on what Janice's thing was, but... it was something very strange with her arm.


>Something not nice, according to rumor.


The girl is smart. Worth listening to.

Yuri Takamori!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552466

File: 1548048425890.png (388.84 KB, 960x960, YLook.png)

>>41552464
CrimsonShadow: So Bowser's Castle is next? I can't imagine what 100 laps of THAT will be like.

>Yuri did indeed look at the facecam. It seemed this NeroTomato girl had a quirk of her own. It was either the sharp angularity of her teeth, or the shadowy being behind her. Perhaps it wouldn't be too much to inquire? NeroTomato certainly didn't seem shy about any of this.


CrimsonShadow: I'm a new viewer. Would anyone care to enlighten me as to what the figure behind our host is?

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552467

File: 1548050006030.jpg (149.41 KB, 850x1275, __sunazuka_akira_idolmaster_ci…)

>>41552466
Welcome to the stream, CrimsonShadow!

>Roma said, greeting her.


We do modded games every Monday, so feel free to be back next week for another modded game.

>Last week was Mario Galaxy but Every Sound is Toad Screaming.

>much to the pain of the viewer's and Roma's ears.

>One of the viewers, in between a few humorous responses like "Me, I'm the guy behind her" was a more helpful response.

Gh0st: That's Mu, a shadow that is attached to her. It's a long story

>momentarily concentrating on her game, the laps now getting faster and faster as they grew in number, Roma was now smashing against a wall in game and unable to turn away; as soon as her character wasn't crashing, she was going too fast to correct the course.

>it was then the shadow spoke, in a boisterous tone, practically leaning over Roma's shoulder

Amused! I am Mu! No mere shadow! New blood, you are in the presence of a future lord!!

Thanks for the input Mu.

>Roma said, smiling, amused by her odd guest.


The cowardly green overlapped you. Destroy him!

This is a Luigi Hate Free Zone, Mu!

Jenny Grimbits!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552469

File: 1548062043468.jpg (83.17 KB, 889x500, this isnt good.jpg)

>meanwhile...

>Jenny didn't really like doing this, but it was a handy last resort

>no one really knew or quite understood what the deal was with this place
>"the Void" was something that had been in her family for generations, its entrance manifesting in different methods
>for her, it just so happened to be her mouth, allowing her to bend any object and even space itself to suck up inside of her
>she must've been around seven or eight when she found out she could suck herself inside of herself, in a move that worried her parents quite greatly
>not because they didn't know she could get out, but because they had no way of getting in
>the Void was unique for every single Grimbits, and only they could choose to access it
>entering your own Void completely removed a Grimbits from the reality they're currently in, providing an excellent shelter
>but the Void's properties changed from person to person, and Jenny's held the distinct drawback of "emptying" itself after a period of 24 hours
>anything she's eaten will remain floating in the Void, but after a day has gone by, that item will vanish into nothingness, leaving her stomach even more empty than it normally was
>as useful as having her Void could be, she didn't like staying inside of it for very long
>all it takes is for her to distract herself, and she could vanish into oblivi-
>guuuuuurrrgggle...

...

Gosh dang it...

>Jenny floated in the soundless Void, surrounded by a few choice items she liked to carry around with her

>a can opener, some comics, assorted junk she could try and sell...
>and of course, the food she'd eaten just a few minutes ago
>well, "eaten" might not be the right word; the food was still perfectly intact and warm, as the Void kept it in a "frozen" state until it emptied itself
>Jenny never truly felt "full" until after that happened, and while she could induce the emptying at will, she was naturally not going to do that now

...

...

...

>guuuuurgggle...

>tempting as it may be
...

<"Wait... I wonder..."

>Jenny reached out for one of the chicken wing , plucking it from the endless darkness of the abyssal Void
>and simply tossed it into her mouth in the hopes of tricking her brain into thinking she was getting some food
...

...

>gurrrrrrgle!

Waaaaagh! Why did that just make it worse!?
>Jenny quickly grabbed her aching stomach as it protested losing its food
>that was a really bad idea, but you never truly know if something works until your try-
>GUUURRRGLE!

Alright, alright! Hold your stinkin' horses...

>Jenny stuck her hand inside her mouth, trying to fish for the piece of chicken she'd just discarded

>>41552447
>>41552452
>back in the real world, the sights were probably only made more curious
>not only had a piece of uneaten chicken pop into existence right on the last spot Jenny's head had been seen
>but now there was a human arm that had also emerged from the indescribable singularity in the middle of the air, cautiously groping around as it tried to find the runaway piece of chicken again

Abigail Addams!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552470

File: 1548062649183.jpg (16.75 KB, 231x235, tongue.jpg)

>>41552465
>>41552461
>the dark-clad girl didn't really change anything about her disposition
>her head tilted ever so slightly, her black eyes boring into Janice as she spoke
>the demonic Stand hovered next to her, its own eyes burning with intense menace
That's a shame, really... but it doesn't matter...
>one step forward
I can finish this all by myself.
>one step closer to Janice and Meredith, and the aura of intimidation only grew as she neared-

H-HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!
>suddenly, another voice
>and suddenly, another figure rushed between Abigail and the other girls

>continued...

Abigail & ???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552471

File: 1548063335269.jpg (65.65 KB, 640x360, cool vibes.jpg)

>>41552470
>>41552465
>>41552461
>a fourth girl, this one smaller than even Janice, slid into place right in front of Abigail
>clad in a muted pink hoodie, a peach backpack behind her and holding a half-eaten cheeseburger in her hand, this girl was about as plain and nonthreatening as one could be in STAR Academy
>and yet, she was standing just a mere inches away from the epicenter of the terrifying aura emitting from Abigail, seemingly without any fear
I-I won't let this get any further!
>she shakily got out, that seeming lack of fear not quite meaning a lack of nervousness
>the girl aimed her hand forward, trying to summon up as much conviction and intensity as her idol
Y-You're going to turn around, a-a-and walk away! O-O-Or e-else you're-... y-you're gonna be in a world of hurt, y'hear me!
>she didn't really succeed

>but more curiously was the fact she wasn't pointing at Abigail

>and instead spoke directly to Janice and Meredith, as if shielding the Stand User behind her

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552473

>>41552469

>Sadako just stood there in silence for a good moment while the onlookers started to disperse, her smile becoming increasingly forced and nervous as the silence dragged on.

>oh god, what if something bad actually just happened? she had no idea what the bad thing could have even been but still! it could be bad! and that’s bad!
>for once, Sadako was actually at risk of losing her good mood, as that little bit of nervous fear started to snowball into something bigger and big- wait why is there a bit of the food she gave Jenny on the ground
>why is Jenny’s arm on the ground

>in an instant, all that worry evaporated from Sadako’s body to be replaced with pure bewilderment as she just stared at the arm flopping around on the ground.

>she glanced back toward her friends, as if silently asking what to do.
>when the only answer she received was a shrug from Cory, she did the only thing that made sense at the moment;
>she grabbed the arm and yanked.

Jenny Grimbits!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552474

File: 1548092285770.jpg (40.62 KB, 600x292, tired.jpg)

>>41552473
<"Come on, where's that thing..."
...?
>was someone grabbing her-
Gh-heek!
>at Sadako's yank, Jenny collapsed into-
>out of?
>Sadako emerged from the singularity left behind, landing right on her face once her body unfolded back into reality
>she lied there, groaning slightly before beginning to push herself up
Owwwwww... that really hurt, y'know? You could've dislocated my shoulder or something!
>and then her expression changed rather abruptly, gaining a harder look to it as she quickly added:
I could sue if you did.
>only to very quickly return to her more default whiny attitude
Owwiiie though...! Watcha do that foooor!?

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552475

>>41552471
>>41552465

>sometimes, some people just didn’t want to take a damn hint.

>Janice didn’t like to fight, despite what her reputation may have said. but if other people were going to try to start shit, she wasn’t about to run away, no matter how intimidated she may be.
>she cast a quick glance to Meredith beside her, trying to get a read on her impromptu backup. by the looks of things, she just seemed to be a standard brick, but Janice would have to keep an eye out for any potential surprises.
>she also dimly noted that what few students were still around the yard were backing away further by the second. guess they wanted to be well clear of a fight between the two resident Weird Murder Kids.

>distracted as she was, she didn’t even notice the other girl showing up until she heard the shouting.

>there were a lot of things to get through here.
>who was this girl?
>why wasn’t she afraid?
>why was she making threats?
>why was she protecting Abigail?

...Wh-what? Why are you pointing at us? We’re not the ones trying to fight here! I only came over here because she was - !
>Janice leaned to the side, trying to peak around both the new girl and Abigail to point to Whatsisface, the little nerd screaming about how he was gonna get killed.
>...or she would have, if she could see the little dork.

...oh god damn it he ran, didn’t he?

Morty Ashton!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552477

File: 1548099898379.jpg (491.84 KB, 1500x1783, Iamsleepingherenow.jpg)

>>41552473
>>41552474
>>41552469

>The arm did not improve the day.


>Morty gaped as the disembodied arm followed quickly after a haphazardly thrown bit of chicken. It was less creepy than the head rolling into itself but it was by no means a pleasant sight. The hand flopped around looking for the wing, while Sadako moved forward to...move the conversation along.


>The expression of open mouthed confusion turned to incredulity as Sadako pulled the runaway black hole in a suit back into this plane of existence while she grumbled, complained and threatened to sue them. Morty had no more words to give, he didn't know how to respond and frankly, his social tank of gas had been flashing the red warning light for the last ten minutes.


>And so Morty strode across the pavement back to the bench they had been sitting on, sat back down on it and pulled out one of the cold pieces of chicken he'd been saving and began biting into it. To hell with Bea, he needed this right now.


>He sat there and chewed, trying to keep his mind away from the problem. Sadie had it mostly in hand, right? He didn't even know how to leave without freaking himself out anyway...Right now, he'd had enough of weird mouth holes into non-existence.


I've had enough of today...

>He mumbled to nobody in particular while he kept his head down, rested his body and more importantly the overworked part of his brain that dealt with surprise.

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552479

>>41552470
>>41552471

>Meredith begins to move back from Abigail and freezes in mid-step with a minimum of teetering.


<Can't let... that stop me.


Strong words for someone standing-

>And suddenly, a small girl points at Meredith with ferocious, albeit terrified courage. Not that it's quite like that in her mind's eye. No matter how hard the girl tried to intimidate Meredith and Janice, the massive girl almost heard the girl's fierce words as...


>A small fluffy dog barking, imposing herself between an intimidating hound and a wolf with every intention of preventing a fight, or failing that...


>Finishing it.


>>41552475

I... believe he did.

>She slowly glances between Meredith and the small yapping girl with what almost seemed to be a look of pure disbelief.


Who is this small, angry puppy?

<I said that out loud, didn't I?

Yuri Takamori!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552489

File: 1548128699566.png (399.25 KB, 960x960, Yuri_school_1.png)

>>41552467
>Whoa! A personal welcome from the streamer?
<"A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one."

CrimsonShadow: Oh! That makes sense. I take it that the shadow is her quirk?
CrimsonShadow: I'm starting to feel like the only person who uses that term for supernatural abilities...


>Mu's boasting was the second laugh Yuri got out of this stream, not even 10 minutes in. But while his declarations were amusing, they reminded Yuri just enough and her own tendencies to make her feel a little self conscious.


CrimsonShadow: My my. You've quite the flair for the dramatic, Mu.
CrimsonShadow: But please don't speak so poorly of Luigi. He has a rough enough lot in life as it is..

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552490

File: 1548134485104.jpg (139.69 KB, 850x1201, __sunazuka_akira_idolmaster_ci…)

>>41552489
Heheh...

>Roma continued to go on, experiencing the chaos of the mod.

>at this point, the music was an awful dog whistle type sound.

Mu, take the controller.

>Roma said, getting up.

>confused, two long arms appeared from the shadow, picking up the controller.

I gotta go get something to eat.

>with that, the streamer got up, leaving her shadow to play the game. Helpful when you're two people, you can do stuff like that.


>with Roma still on, Mu had the audience.

>a few messages erupted from the chat saying "MU TIME" along with a custom emote resembling the shadow monster.

I am more than a mere quirk. But yes, it is my time! Time to show the green one what happens when you mess with me... And take the princess for myself!

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552491

>>41552474
>>41552477

>that… actually worked? honestly, Sadako wasn’t really sure what she was expecting. but hey, at least she knew Jenny hadn’t just died or something! that was good!

>...eeeeven if she was threatening legal action!

Ah, sorry, sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you, I was just a little concerned! People don’t tend to… eat themselves.

>still holding on to Jenny’s hand, Sadako took the opportunity to pull her to her feet, flashing what she hoped was a reassuring grin.


Sorry about that, by the way. Bad phrasing on my part, but the good news is – you’re right! You’re not dead!

...at least I’m pretty sure you aren’t. I mean, I’m not.

Aaaanyway! What I meant was that you should stick around and see the town a little until you literally move on to wherever you’re going next. We can show you around, there’s all kinds of neat stuff around here!

>she glanced back to her friends, seemingly completely unaware of just how worn out everyone but herself was becoming with this first meeting.


Right guys?

>Corinthia didn’t answer, having just silently, emotionlessly stared even as Sadie had yanked Jenny back into this material plane.

>and she still didn’t answer as she turned, walked back to take her place on the bench beside Morty, and pointedly turned her attention to her phone.
>...but she didn’t specifically say no, so that was basically as good as a yes!

Great! Where should we start?

Abigail & Winnie!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552492

File: 1548152523695.jpg (53.54 KB, 640x360, please work.jpg)

>>41552475
>"We're not the ones trying to fight here!"
H-H-Hah! D-Don't make me laugh!
>the quickly retorted, but seemingly caught herself
<"That's too 'Saturday morning', Winnie! Focus!"
>she cleared her throat, trying to bring back her attempts at looking in any way intense
>and for a moment there, the small girl's eyes would almost seem to gain a harsh edge to them-
>>41552479
>right until:
>"Who is this small, angry puppy?"
E-Ehhh!?
>Winnie jolted, her face suddenly turning a bright hot pink
>puppy!?
>PUPPY!?
>who did this big (big, big, big, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG) lug think she was!?
>her body still trembling and reddened face, Winnie still wasn't going to back down!
>gritting her teeth, she aimed a finger over at them again
Sh-Sh-Shut up! Y-Your voice is s-starting to annoy me! You don't think I know you!?
>she focused on Janice specifically
The Leech! I-If anyone here's t-trying to start a fight, i-it's gonna be you!
>she then glanced at Meredith
A-And I don't know who your g-grizzly is, b-b-but the b-both of you are gonna get it i-if you don't-- uhh... h-hang on...
>she turned her head away, holding up her free hand to try and mask the fact she was chowing down the rest of her burger as quickly possible
>luckily she'd gotten fairly good at it, and with only a slight moment of nearly choking (that was an improvement!), she crumbled up the wrapping and slipped it in her pocket
>and quickly turned back to Janice and Meredith, her hand balling into a fist
>she then brought her hands together, fingers touching in a pyramid to allow her to focus
<"I have the energy!"
<"I have the power!"
<"Everything I can be is right here!"
<"I am...!"
ALL OF ME!

>continued...

Abigail & Winnie!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552493

File: 1548153543754.jpg (76.66 KB, 480x480, brave power.jpg)

>>41552475
>>41552479
>>41552492
>the Stand that emerged besides Winnie was big
>very big
>obscenely big
>big enough that even Meredith would need to tilt her head up slightly in order to look at it in the eyes
>Winnie took in a deep breath, her gaze hardening in newfound confidence as she glared at the two bullies in front of her
You're going to t-turn around right now and leave Abby alone, or else I-I'll make sure to have All Of Me mark his fist r-r-right in y-y-your f-f-f-face s-s-s-s-s-so-o y-you d-don't... d-d-don't... f-f-for--...
>and once again, what little intensity she could muster was easily broken down
>but this time it had more to do with the Abigail-shaped shadow that loomed uncomfortably close to Winnie's head over her shoulder
...u-uhh... A-A-Abby, c-could you move b-back a-a-a little... y-y-your breath is r-r-really c-c-c-cold a-and--

You're standing where you shouldn't.
>the other girl simply uttered

H-Huh...?
>Winnie blinked, looking aside at Winnie
>then down to the floor, noticing one of her feet was over the fist-shaped dent Humans Are Such Easy Prey had left on the ground
O-Oh! Sh-Shoot!
>Winnie quickly jumped off to the side... revealing a small, slightly bent bud was growing out of the hole
I-I'm sorry!

It will live.

>sure enough, the bug seemed to be growing at a fast pace, not letting the fact it was stepped on from holding it back

>soon enough, it had bloomed into a lovely and bright yellow flower
W-Wow! It's so pretty!
>she smirked, actually crouching down to get a better look at the flower
Welcome to the world, Mr. Flower~! I'm really sorry I stepped on y-
<"..."
<"..."
<"Wait, wasn't I in the middle of-?"
-!?
>Winnie instantly jumped back onto her offensive stance, showing that she meant business and was ready to fight at any moment!
>all while her face was steaming from embarrassment, and her eyes refused to look up from the ground and meet with Janice or Meredith out of mortal embarrassment

Jenny Grimbits!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552494

File: 1548154240433.jpg (71.37 KB, 889x500, worried.jpg)

>>41552477
>>41552491
>Jenny slowly blinked, the wheel in her head rolling again as Sadako talked
>by the time she was back on her feet, she finally seemed to get it
>"You're not dead!"
Ooooooh! Boy, that's a relief!
>her cheerful and carefree smile quickly returned to her, turning to Sadako
Man, I really got quite a scare there! And all that over a figure speech! I actually feel kinda silly! Ahahaha-hyeek!
>and very quickly jumped behind Sadako to hide behind her back
W-W-Wait, wait! Hold on! I-I-Is it really safe!? I-I don't wanna end up some vampire's meal y'know!?
>she paused
...well, maybe if he's good looking and will make me his vampire bride... b-but I don't wanna be a thrall or anything like that! That sounds like too much work!
>grrrrrgle...
<"Oh, right... still hungry..."
...

...

So d'you guys have KFC?

Maxwell Enfield!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552500

File: 1548174280171.jpg (138.64 KB, 692x460, Digital_Beijing_Pei_Zhu_main.j…)


>The New Riviere District Attorney building was as cold and as harsh as the water that crashed against the coast. It's no mean feat to look especially unwelcoming in a city with a profound problem with organised crime, or for anything to look cold in Florida, and yet here it stood. Proud, defiant in the face of the city it had to clean up.


>The dark of winter's evening was settling in, and at this point, everyone had already gone home...Or almost everyone. At the very tip top of the building, in a spot all its own was the District Attorney's office. The reward for being the best at ensuring the criminal scum were put down and stayed down was a marginally bigger office space, a shinier badge and much more paper work.


>It was in this paperwork that the current DA found herself, though she wasn't alone. Stood with her in the room, holding a sheet of paper and staring at it incredulously was one of her subordinates.


...Ma'am...You can't be serious.

>Ma'am, or Lana to her friends, looked up from her signing and raised an eyebrow.


"Mr Enfield, is it really so hard to grasp? This isn't simply my whim you know, it's taken a long time to put it together.

>She stamped another paper, and put it to one side, rubbing her temple and taking a sip from her nearly empty coffee mug. The distant patter of rainfall starting to sound from outside her window, overlooking the bay. Lana turned around to stare out at New Riviere, a wistful smile on her face while Maxwell looked at the back of her head, beyond puzzled.


>The lights twinkled, even through the rain, the neon in the distance from huge billboards to the simple streetlamps that illuminated the path of the people, hurrying to and fro to save themselves from the rain. Lana turned back around and got back to the stamping, her face all business as usual.


"Project Phoenix had been enacted as a...desperate measure a while back, but selecting the candidate and quietly getting the laws put through took time. Really, it's a great honour to serve our fair city, wouldn't you say?

But ma'am! It's ludicrous! It couldn't be expected of anyone in my position, and this is what you've been clearing my workload for? It's...

>Maxwell trailed off, looking back at the files in his hand with incredulity. His confused outburst petered out in the awkward silence while the DA continued signing through documents, occasionally stopping to make annotations on other files. It was a while before she spoke again.


"You have every right to refuse, of course. We'll simply find another candidate, and make the same offer to them. Before you do answer though, I'll tell you why I picked you for this 'ludicrous' scheme."

>Lana finally looked up from her paperwork and steepled her hands together, looking at Maxwell from behind them, her expression faltered for a little, and she couldn't quite meet his eyes.


"I know...how limited we are. What we have to deal with every case, I know that better than most. The latest case with Mr Inagawa, I don't need to be a genius to figure out where you're going when you leave the office in a hurry, cradling a large basket of pastries.

>Max's face reddened slightly and the hand not holding the file wrung itself around awkwardly while Lana sighed, moving back to meeting his gaze with a pained expression.


"This is a chance for one of our number to go out there and truly make a difference, to guarantee things with our own two hands. I'd volunteer myself but I'm not as young as I used to be. But you're young, you're fit, you've got an eye for detail. You're the kind of man we need on the ground floor, to investigate it yourself, with some of the greatest technology the police force has to offer.

You'll be trained up, hurriedly I'll admit, but you have all the skills you need. You just need to know how to apply them.

>Max paused. Looking between the DA and the file in his hands. It was flattery. He knew that, it was almost blatantly obvious. But flattery got you everywhere. She was also right. This was a chance to make a change, to try something new and unorthodox. At this point, something drastic probably had to happen in order to shake up this city, and finally make some meaningful progress. He swallowed, looking back at the files in his hands, back at the title that read 'Project Phoenix' in large letters at the top of the front page.


...Just one more question. Is it named after hi-?

"Yes."

>Maxwell never got to finish, he looked back up at the DA, and she was smiling a knowing smile. One of her hands came up to tap at the red scarf wrapped tightly around her neck as she went back to her documents, seemingly satisfied.


"It's named after exactly who you think it is."

>Maxwell sharply exhaled in an amused way, before he placed the binder in the confines of his coat and set off out of the building. He didn't know where this would lead, or what would happen after he accepted it. But he did know that life would change. And what was wrong with that? Sometimes you need to raise more than just your voice against those that cheat the system.


>Because the system can cheat back sometimes.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552503

>>41552479
>>41552493

Snrk!

>despite the moment at hand, Janice couldn’t help but snicker a bit both at Meredith’s comment and Winnie’s colorful reaction.

>honestly, she had to admit – the puppy description was pretty apt! it was actually kinda adorable to see her so freaked out like that.
>but that amusement couldn’t have evaporated any faster with what she said next.
>Leech.
>Ugh.

>Janice sighed bitterly. she already had a bad feeling how this was gonna go, and diplomacy probably wasn’t an option.

>but she still had to try, right?

Nobody wants to fight. I think we have a misunderstanding. Just calm d-

>…

>…
>….
>…..
>oh boy that was a VERY large stand, wasn’t it.
>Janice stumbled back in surprise at the sight, dropping flat on her butt when she lost her balance. this change in perspective on served to further emphasize just how goddamn massive this thing was.

hooooooooly shit.
<WE’RE GONNA DIE AND IT’S YOUR FAULT

>what the hell was up with this girl?! Janice didn’t know a lot of the specifics of how these things worked, but wasn’t it supposed to be some sort of inner spirit bullshit?

>so how in god’s name was the nervous stuttering wreck in front of her able to manifest something like this?
>...and why did the name “All Of Me” sound dimly familiar somewhere in her mind?

>...whatever. that wasn’t important right now. unfortunately, diplomacy had failed.

>Janice pulled herself back to her feet, glowering at Winnie (with a brief aside glance to Meredith to make sure her meat shi- backup was still there.
>without a further word, she began to roll up the sleeve of her sweater, properly exposing her parasite to the world in preparation for…!

...whuh?

>Janice stared blankly at the flower that had spontaneously sprouted, seemingly at Abigail’s will; then to Winnie happily doting on it in complete opposition to the atmosphere of the moment (well it was a pretty flower, not even Janice could argue against that); then again to Meredith if only to confirm that someone else was in fact seeing the same things she was.


Uhh. Can we… time out for a second?
>again, Janice leaned to the side a bit to peek past Winnie to the girl behind her, pointing to Abigail then the flower in turn.

What did you even do? Did you, like… make that?

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552509

>>41552492
>>41552493

Little one, I think you might not want to sta-

>Meredith leaps back at the sight of the massive Stand's appearance, a look of pure shock covering her face as she takes up a fighting stance.


Very well! If a fight is what you wish, you will have it!

<...Felicia's mentioned that song before. I know it. What was it from?


...Eh?

>>41552503

>Distracted from the impending fight, Meredith seems to forget Winnie's rage almost completely, leaning over to get a look at the flower herself.


Wonderful. Maybe we can get a pot from the greenhouse, or-

>She pauses, glancing back up at Winnie, then to Janice.


Ah. Apologies.

>Standing back up, she raises her fists once more, but rather halfheartedly this time.

Yuri Takamori!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552511

File: 1548206794793.png (389.53 KB, 960x960, YShy1.png)

>>41552490
CrimsonShadow: Mu please...

>There was a pause before Yuri's next message as she internally debated with herself to find an emoticon that would get her feelings across without being too embarrassing. Like the ones she used when she was 13...


CrimsonShadow: Beating Luigi at Mario Kart is one thing, but you need'nt subject him to cuckoldry as well! :c

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552513

File: 1548214165449.jpg (131.96 KB, 850x1063, __sunazuka_akira_idolmaster_ci…)

>>41552511
>Mu didn't seem to speak to the chat as much as Roma did. A fanged smile appeared on the shadow in the form of a white zigzagged line. For a shadow, he was quite expressive.
>moments later, Roma came back, with a soft sugar cookie in hand

Did you win yet?

>at this point the AI was several laps ahead of Mu and Roma, with their character having been slamming into a wall for a while.


...Nice.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552517

>another day, another unfortunate incident. let it never be said that working at STAR Academy, let alone running the place, was a boring task.
>at the center of the school’s main administrative building sat the principal’s office; a surprisingly cozy and plain-looking room that some would think seemed entirely too underwhelming and pedestrian for an authority figure in such an important and aesthetically refined (not to mention well-funded) institution.
>...but on the other hand, that kinda classy, commanding presence just didn’t really gel with the lady who owned the office in question.
>Jasmine sighed as she once again re-re-reviewed the papers in her hand; disciplinary papers for one of the many young people put under her supervision.

Geez. What am I gonna do with you, Eric…?
>he was a good kid at heart, she was sure! he just had some… unfortunate habits.
>like reducing school property to molten slag at a touch.
>but she would get through to him eventually!

>Jasmine sighed again as she begrudgingly signed off on the requisite punishment for this kind of repeat offense.

>she never liked being the bad guy, she really didn’t – and the countless photos of her bright, smiling students that covered a majority of her small office were proof of that. but still, sometimes boundaries had to be set and respected.
>at the end of the day, even the gentle, beloved Ms. Nicholau had to put her foot down sometimes. as much as she would prefer not to.
>...but enough moping! there was something much more positive to look forward to today!

>Jasmine set aside the sheet in her hand, her usual soft smile returning to her face as she re-re-re-re-rechecked the date on her desk calendar.

>today was the day a new teacher would be arriving, any minute now in fact!
>a new semester meant a lot of changes – new and departing students and faculty alike. and with their resident world history teacher having left to enjoy his retirement, a replacement had to be arranged.
>Jasmine was always a people person, and always jumped at the chance to make new connections. unfortunately, with her schedule as busy as it was, she hadn’t had the time to personally interview the new hire, meaning this would be a first impression for the both of them.
>but if there was one thing she was a natural at, it was first impressions! she sat up straight in her chair, made sure her hair and clothes were well in order, and fixed her eyes on the door in front of her with a winning smile, altogether looking like the human equivalent to an excitable golden retriever waiting to play.

Zee, Hex and VexCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552519

File: 1548226136789.jpg (58.64 KB, 450x369, A few angles.jpg)

This post was edited by its author on .

Abigail & Winnie!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552526

File: 1548251670267.jpg (62.97 KB, 480x480, brave chop.jpg)

>>41552509
>>41552503
>Abigail slowly turned to Janice at the question
>she held out her hands slightly, vaguely motioning at the flower in front of her feet
From the lifeless springs life. The forgotten, unwanted and cast aside become the something all can enjoy.
>the skeletal demon reappeared besides Abigail, still looking as intimidating as always despite now looking very relatively small compared to the striking white giant next to Winnie
>Humans Are Such Easy Prey lowered one of its hands, the arcane energy crackling through it seemingly invigorating the flower even further
>the petals bloomed more majestically, and the slight bent of its stalk was fully repaired as the Stand used the remaining energy left to let the flower heal
A simple can tossed aside; an invader of nature becomes one with it. What is disposed becomes alive. That is the power of my Stand.

A-Abby, you shouldn't try to reason with them!
>Winnie quickly huffed at her friend
They were trying to bully you just a minute ago!

>Abigail glanced at Winnie, a slight confused tilt of her head

Were they? Curious; I haven't yet felt intimidated.

>Winnie sighed lightly, giving Abby a slight smirk

You're a bit too brave for your own good s-sometimes, Ab-ghck!
>Winnie suddenly felt her body lock up, her legs trembling slightly
<"Aaaagh, whyyy!? I only took my focus away for five seconds!"
>the strain imposed on her mind and body by All Of Me wasn't something Winnie could easily handle
>the Stand could only ever materialize for a few minutes at a time, and required plenty of focus to keep its power under control
>but with all of these distractions, she was feeling the squeeze being put on her as the Stand swiftly drained into her energy reserves
>Leech had her creepy arm-bug-thing, and the giant girl was clearly ready to fight; good enough!
E-ENOUGH TALK! ALL OF ME! TEACH THEM A LESSON!

GARAREEEEEEEIN!
>the giant Stand let out a booming shout like rolling thunder as it reared back in the air
>and before Janice or Meredith could even realize it, All Of Me was already looming directly in front of them
>the titanic speed and power of the Stand was on full display, its fist clenching before it was swung forward
>the sheer force of the wind created by a single punch of it would be like getting shoved backwards by a very large invisible hand
>exactly how its fist would have felt colliding against skin and bone, that was something neither Janice or Meredith would have the misfortune of finding out
>because All Of Me's fist had stopped just mere inches away from Janice's face
>and its second punch towards Meredith had also stopped before it actually reached her
>the Stand simply hovered there, arms outstretched, and seemingly unable to move any further

...your Stand doesn't have much range, does it Winnie?

...n-...n-no...n-no, i-it...doesn't...
>Winnie could only answer in a very hoarse and strained voice, clearly struggling
>both to maintain All Of Me's physical form
>as well as to prevent herself from dying out of embarrassment
This post was edited by its author on .

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552529

>>41552519

>Jasmine watched in curiosity as the unseen entrants set about sprucing her office up and somehow opened the already-open blinds even harder. fortunately, she didn’t have to lean too far out of her seat to peek over the edge of the desk – for once giving her a reason to be thankful for her unladylike stature – to get a glimpse of…


...oh my gooooosh! Lookit you little guys! Now how’d you get in here?

>shoo them out? why in god’s name would Jasmine ever turn away such lil’ cuties? oh geez, they even had their own little clothes! they’re like little walking stuffed animals!

>as caught up in this thought as she was, she’d hardly even noticed the other woman’s entrance until she’d announced herself, briefly snapping Jasmine out of her starry-eyed adoration of the adorable lil’ imps.
>she was quick to right herself though, straightening up in her seat and offering a warm smile as she accepted Zee’s handshake.

Pleased to meet you, Ms. Zinnediane – and you two little cuties too! - my name is Jasmine Nicholau, but you can call me Jasmine. Or Ms. Nicholau. Or Jas. Or anything you want to, really!

Like you’ve probably guessed, I’m the principal here, the person you’re going to be working under for your tenure here at STAR Academy.

>not that Jasmine looked like it much. even when not compared to someone as ostentatious as Zee, the only word that seemed to suffice for her was plain. everything about her just screamed… normal. average.

>save for her surprisingly considerable height, it was difficult to find many unique characteristics to her appearance.
>a face that felt youthful but unexceptional, well-groomed but not meticulous brown hair down to her shoulders, relaxed brown eyes, a calm, warm smile; even her clothes said “normal”, looking more like an office intern than the administrator of an off-the-books metahuman school. just a plain black skirt, flats, and blazer over a light blue t-shirt.
>there was no air of sophistication or authority to Jasmine; just plain ol’ good-natured polite kindness.

But don’t worry, I’m pretty easygoing as a boss! As long as you do your job the best you can and keep your students safe, we’ll get along fine!

>Jasmine paused to glance to something beside her on the desk, a plain file folder marked “confidential” and “staff records” - the new teacher’s file. she set the folder in front of herself with a quiet ”boop!” and began to skim through it, still talking as she did so.


I have to say Ms. Zee, you definitely have a unique resume. Certainly a much more… adventurous background than I usually see from our staff, but that shouldn’t be a problem!
<Well, unless she meets Surprise.
I’m sure you’ve heard enough about our mission statements and how we run our operation around here during your hiring process, so I won’t bore you too much with the details. But I do have a few questions I’d like to ask.

>she looked back up to Zee, her expression turning more serious for the moment. certainly not imposing or stern or anything, just businesslike.


First, while your portfolio covers a lot of your mercenary exploits, I have to ask; how much experience do you really have with teaching, or working with children and teenagers? You are still being hired as a teacher after all, and even though I don’t doubt your expertise with the subject you’ll be teaching in, the job is just as much a matter of knowing the facts as it is caring for your students.

And speaking of your portfolio, secondly; I’m to understand that you’ve had more than a few… less than amicable run-ins with the law. While I’m no stranger to giving second chances to people who seriously want a chance at an honest life, understand that that amnesty only lasts as long as you stay within the law for your tenure here. If you choose to go on more treasure hunts in your personal time off work, that’s your choice. But as long as you’re working with children here, you will limit yourself to valuables that haven’t already been claimed by a rightful owner. I’m willing to look past your legal history once. I won’t do it a second time. Do you understand?

Zee, Hex and VexCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552536

File: 1548285097744.jpg (8.87 KB, 150x222, Hex and Vex.jpg)

This post was edited by its author on .

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552541

>>41552509
>>41552526

Uhhh huh. So, that stuff about trash. That was literal?

>the more Janice thought on what Abigail had said with this newfound context, the more that aura of fear and intimidation started to… not fade, but… pale, maybe?

>like the more she dwelled on it, the more her actions seemed to be driven less by malice and more by just plain ol’ Being Weird.
>Janice kept her attention on Abby, probably a little too confident in the unspoken ceasefire that Winnie hadn’t even agreed to for her own good.

Then why were you putting your hands on that kid? That doesn’t – geh

>time seemed to freeze for a long moment. the image of that fucking enormous hand stopping just inches from hospitalizing Janice (at best) remained locked in her mind’s eye.

>even as the sudden burst of air knocked her clean off her feet and sent her stumbling straight into Meredith, she barely had the time to consciously react. she just stared into space with a dumbfounded expression, too stunned by the suddenness of the attack that her brain still hadn’t caught up.
>when she finally realized that she was in fact not dead, Janice exploded into obvious anger (and just a slight touch of abject terror) as she pushed herself off of Meredith’s chest without even a “sorry”.

What the fuck is wrong with you?! That could’ve fucking killed me! How many times do I have to fucking say it – I’M NOT TRYING TO FIGHT YOU OR YOUR FRIEND![/I] She’s not brave, she wasn’t intimidated because [i]WE WEREN’T FUCKING TRYING TO INTIMIDATE HER! For Christ’s sake, drop the Stand and LISTEN FOR A GODDAMN SECOND.

>she didn’t quite stop there, though, continuing on for another sentence or two, offering some rather choice sentences in Spanish. hopefully nobody else here would know just how choice, but even just the tone of her voice was able to convey the point just fine.

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552542

>>41552526
>>41552541

H-how beautiful.

>She stammers, watching the power of Humans Are Such Easy Prey feed and restore the delicate flower.


Truly, something beautiful.

>Meredith lurches back in fear even as Janice crashes into her from the near impact and scrambles off just as quickly. She rises to her full height, even if it was a good deal shorter than the Stand that had almost destroyed her and her friend, face full of indignant anger.


HOW DARE YOU! PETULANT PUP OF A GIRL!

>Ignoring the Stand, she looms over Winnie, breathing heavily as she struggles to calm down.


You could have killed us both like that!

>Mostly Janice, but it'd have still damn near broken every bone in her ribcage. Badly.


And what do you have to say for yourself.

Abigail & Winnie!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552550

File: 1548313684065.jpg (126.87 KB, 487x480, standing here.jpg)

>>41552541
>>41552542
>oh god they're shouting and angry and this is gonna be it this is gonna be a fight they're gonna try and kill her and Leech was casting a hex of some kind she needs to-
A-A-ALLOFMEBEATTHEMUPHURRY!
>the Stand's eyes glared with renewed intensity, its fists being swung forward at Janice and Meredith
>with a flurry of punches in the air, the wild attacks summoned up a powerful gale of wind that would push against the two girls before-
>THWACK!
Gheek!
>and just like that, the giant Stand vanished from Janice and Meredith's eyesight
>Winnie lay face-first on the ground, the football that had slammed into her head still rolling nearby
>clearly someone had decided to get involved and take out the girl with the giant Stand the hard way

Good grief...
>and that person was none other than the man more commonly in charge of Stand-related affairs
>Jotaro calmly approached the scene, his own Stand, the powerful Star Platinum, remaining behind him
I did a lot of walking just to get here, so I wasn't going to suddenly start running. Otherwise-
>he pointed a finger down at Winnie, his voice gaining a much gruffer and angry tone to it
You can bet your ass that football would've been my fist upside your head.
>of course, Winnie seemed to be knocked out cold by now, but that didn't stop him
>slipping his hand back in his pockets, he glanced aside at Abigail for a couple of seconds
>then to Janice and Meredith, addressing them specifically, not so much asking a question, but more barking an order
Alright, who started it this time.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552559

>>41552542
>>41552550

>Janice stood her ground as she kept yelling bilingual obscenities, too utterly pissed to even care about the violent punch-wind threatening to knock her right off her feet again.

>but then she heard that voice, and her words died in her throat.
>if there were any student that could even begin to properly understand the enigma that was Mr. Kujo, well it might not have been Janice, but she was on the top 10 list at least.
>but that didn’t mean she was remotely about to test his patience.

>so when he demanded an explanation, she paused only momentarily to consider the situation.

>someone was probably gonna be taking the blame for this, one way or another. but who really deserved it?
>Abigail was technically the one who started it, but with the context she had now, Janice couldn’t really interpret what she was doing as malicious. out of line, sure, but not with any intent to actually harm anyone.
>Winnie, while Janice was still pissed at her for nearly caving in her chest like that, was still ultimately just doing what she thought was right. from her perspective, she just saw The Leech hassling her friend, of course she would assume the worst.
> though, it struck Janice as a little strange that the girl would be friends with notorious baby-eater and satan-worshipper Abigail Addams and yet still buy into the rumors around Janice, but whatever
>Meredith, likewise, was just doing the same thing Janice was; trying to protect people where she thought she saw someone being hurt.
>none of them deserved to take the fall for this one, really. but someone had to.

...
>with a silent, internal sigh, Janice reluctantly spoke up.
I did.
>she pointed to Abigail, then to Winnie drooling half-conscious on the ground.
I lost my temper. Started hassling them. She wanted to protect her friend.
>she then pointed to Meredith.
She was trying to mediate and keep everyone calm. My fault.

<WHAT. NO IT’S NOT. YOU IDIOT.

<Shut up, J.

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552563

>>41552550

>All thought of fighting flees Meredith's thoughts nearly immediately as Jotaro approaches, filling her with a mixture of fear and... other things.


<Oh god it's him.


>She twists in place, all her usual bravado banished in the face of that stern, levelheaded professor and his strong features.


Well, well, the thing-

>But suddenly, an interruption!


>>41552559

<This girl... Such valor, such honor!


...Yes.

>Meredith answers calmly and quietly, struggling to hide the signs of hesitancy in her voice, gaze falling to the small yellow flower on the ground.


That is what the problem was.

<I owe her. Big.

Jotaro Kujo!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552565

File: 1548396142284.jpg (76.08 KB, 640x359, menacing.jpg)

>>41552563
>>41552559
>Jotaro's response didn't come out immediately; it rarely ever did
>he always seemed to take fifteen to thirty seconds in situations like these, letting his silent glare linger around the area
>maybe to see if someone's lies would still stand under the lengthy silent pressure
>or maybe internally grumbling to himself over having to deal with petty things like this
...
>whatever the case, Jotaro reached up to tilt his hat down slightly, quietly muttering again:
Good grief...
>he turned his head back to the strange girl
Abigail, take Winnie to the nurse's office. Tell her as soon as she's awake to come to the teacher's office.

>Abigail blinked, her expression never quite changing from that blank wide-eyed stare that seemed normal of hers

>whether she even knew what was going on wasn't at all clear, but at least she understood commands simply enough
>turning, the wobbled over to Winnie to pick her up in her arms, and carry her away from the scene

>Jotaro then turned to the others, focusing on Meredith first

Next time you want to play peacemaker, have someone call a teacher.
>his glare then fell onto Janice, a rather familiar sight for sure
Janice, you know the drill. With me.
>without another word, Jotaro turned on his heel and began walking

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552581

>>41552563
>>41552565

>even while Jotaro did that whole “oppressive pressuring silence” thing, Janice maintained her calm expression.

>if nothing else, she prided herself to some extent on her poker face.
>...even if she rarely got to use it, considering the only people she got to play poker with on a semi-regular basis were either pretty easy to fool or were Bram.

>but when Jotaro eventually spoke up, Janice breathed a sigh of relief masked as one of irritation.

>okay maybe it was partially totally real irritation, ‘cause she was still getting in trouble for something she didn’t actually do, but still!

Yeah, yeah.

>with a slight huff, Janice followed after him, pausing only momentarily to throw Meredith a small parting wave.

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552582

File: 1548437626264.png (605.69 KB, 1003x856, Fightingspirit.png)


>STAR Academy had many functions for training its students, the heavy duty Thunderdomes for simulated combat, all the way back to the lowly school gym, permeated with the sweat of kids trying way too hard and the gasps of the unfit having a stitch still echoed around the room.


>But the gyms had one upshot over the Thunderdome, and that was some real equipment. Combat training was all fine and dandy, but there was always room to hit the showers, pound the body, and get absolutely fucking ripped. One of the gymnasiums was a bit more set up like an actual gym for real adults, with exercise bikes, punching bags and weights to help someone bulk up. It was no big secret, though the students were trusted to not fuck it up more than they were the gyms for ball games and track.



>And speaking of bulking up, the gym was currently in use, though there was only one guy in it. A stocky, short guy who was pounding a way at a punching bag like there was no tomorrow, dressed in workout gear. Maybe it was the fact that there were classes on, or that nobody wanted to hang out with a short dude who wore a tracksuit jacket like a cape over a bare chest, but the room was otherwise deserted.


>The boy was lost in his own little world as he worked out. Perfect time for someone to come in and bother him.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552584

File: 1548438677840.jpg (51.37 KB, 640x360, dont make me laugh.jpg)

>>41552582
>and sure enough-
>"I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS, I AM THE ROUGHEST OF WAVES-"
>music blared into the empty gym as another figure stepped inside
>much like its current inhabitant, she was short but not quite stocky, off in her own little world
>"I AM THE TOUGHEST OF TERROR, I AM THE DARKEST OF DAYS![/i]"
>despite wearing headphones on, the sound was clearly not coming from them
>it would seem the jack had come off at some point, but the blue haired girl either didn't notice it, or didn't care that music was now booming out of her... well, cleavage, the music player stuffed into her training bra
>whether Sandy even noticed the stocky guy in the room, that wasn't immediately obvious
>she swiftly took off her cool red jacket, casually tossing it on top of one of the machines in the gym to use as a coat hanger
>and wordlessly made her way over to one of the smaller punching bags
>she took a slight step back and got into position, but rather than starting to punch it, she'd swing an impressive spinning foot at it to kick the ball, and return to her starting position
>only to repeat the same motion, quietly humming along with the loud song still playing

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552585

File: 1548439647776.png (259.36 KB, 759x654, Angry.png)

>>41552584

>Punch. Punch. Punch. Pu-WHAT THE-


>The peaceful atmosphere of the silent gym was completely shattered in one fell swoop by the siren sound of nu-metal, causing the figure to flinch and whirl around from his training. There was another person here...That would have been fine on its own but the music! Gritting his teeth, the man growled even as it was drowned out by the music and watched as she just threw her coat away and started her routine with the spinning kicks. There was no way he could work with this!


Hey! Hey!!

>And he stomped over to where Sandy was swinging her kicks away at the punching bag, waving his arms to try and attract her attention, irritable expression still firmly stuck in place


Turn the damn music down!

>He aggressively jabbed a finger at the newcomer's headphones, oblivious to where the music was actually coming from in his haste to try and get the noise to stop. How anybody could try and focus on getting buff when they couldn't hear themselves think was beyond him...

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552586

File: 1548440264630.jpg (35.19 KB, 640x360, what is it.jpg)

>>41552585
-?
>the voice wasn't easy to miss, which was a bit surprising to her
>damn headphones must really be busted!
>Sandy stopped her kicks, glancing aside at the person yelling at her
How the hell d'ya even hear it!? Ah had ta crank the volume up just t' get it right!
>did this guy have super-hearing or something?
>well that was his fucking problem, not hers!
>she pointed at her headphones, despite the music clearly coming from further below
Sorry, Jack, but Ah'm well within the gym's rules. Go grab yerself a pair of ear mufflers or somethin', 'cause I ain't workin' out in silence!
>and she turned back to the punching bag, simply taking that as the end of the conversation

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552587

File: 1548440731062.png (271.56 KB, 560x651, PAIN.png)

>>41552586

Are you deaf or something?!

>Jaw set, body ready, hell no was he backing down from this. The sound wasn't coming from the headphones, but he was too incensed to really notice exactly where it was coming from, instead opting to continue angrily shouting through the intolerable level of sound.


The whole damn building's not going to be working out in silence any more, I can hear it from across the room! Just turn it down a little bit, or fix your headphones!

>The music was still blaring out from Sandy's chest at a level that he was completely unaccustomed to, clamping a free hand over his ears while he continued to glare at the intruder into his quiet little corner of this accursed place. He wouldn't back down now, not after he'd finally found a moment's peace from the circus that he usually had to cope with!


>So he squared his shoulders and hunkered down. He wouldn't be moved by any morons who couldn't comprehend a little bit of quiet. His body shook almost imperceptibly, the hard and sharp sounds of the song still stabbing out from Sandy's MP3 player while his teeth ground together. It was...irritating. Really irritating. It was like his ears were getting pricked with a lot of tiny needles over and over again.


>He had to stop it soon. One way or another.
This post was edited by its author on .

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552588

File: 1548441712822.jpg (57.31 KB, 640x364, getting mad.jpg)

>>41552587
>"Are you deaf or something!?"
ARE YOU!?
>Sandy's voice suddenly rose up even above the uncomfortably loud music that still bellowed out from her clothes
>she whirled to face the gorilla, her own temper all but shot dead now
>her teachers always told her she had a temper, and she'd certainly worked to try and curb it
>but for Sandy, that meant she'd be civil once
>and only once
Ah said Ah ain't turnin' it down!
>her hand reached forward, reaching to grab the jacket over his shoulders (mostly out of habit, since jackets were usually work normally meaning she could yank someone close to her)
If th' whole damn buildin's got ears as sensitive as yers, then that ain't mah problem now, is it!?

So eithuh piss off and let me work in peace-
>she shoved her chest right against his with a surprising amount of push to it
>her nose was held up higher (and she was standing just slightly on her toes) in order to look down on the boy
-or do somethin' about it, shortstack!
This post was edited by its author on .

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552589

File: 1548442295718.png (584.18 KB, 792x645, Headbutt.png)

>>41552588

>It happened so fast. But that didn't mean that he didn't know what happened.


>Almost at once, she bellowed at him, gripped him by the jacket and pulled him in close. His eyes widened as she made her position clear, before they narrowed again, the growl in his throat now even more pronounced. She pulled him in and them bumped him back again, chest to chest as she looked down at him, her voice raised and the challenge issued.


>So he did the only thing he could. His hand reached up to grab her by her own shoulder, mirroring her grip, and he slammed his forehead into her nose with as much force as he could muster from his admittedly compromising position.


>Pulling backwards and slipping out of his jacket that was in Sandy's grip, he pulled back up to a standing position, face wild and furious as his muscles visibly bulged, staring down his opponent.


All right fine, you asked for it!

>And so he leapt back into the fray, knocking over his own punchbag as he kicked off from the ground, launching another wild heavy haymaker towards what could now only be his opponent.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552590

File: 1548442961027.jpg (52.25 KB, 640x360, grab my hand.jpg)

>>41552589
>the crack was, for lack of a better term, sickening
>there was no doubt about it, both from the sound and all the blood, that thick head had definitely broken Sandy's nose in one blow
>Sandy stumbled backwards from the hit, blood actually arching with how fast she had been knocked back
>in most scenarios, this is when one of parties would realize this had gone just a bit too far, or they may have bitten off more than they could chew
>at the very least, there would be some shock from having one's nose shattered so quickl-
YOU'REDEADFUCKINGMEAT-!!
>Sandy waste no time, one of her feet slamming at the floor behind her; first, to prevent her from falling
>and second, to lunge herself directly at the much sturdier opponent, completely disregarding the haymaker thrown her way
>and in fact, outright planning to intercept it mid-swing, before he could really get a fast enough swing of his arm, and forcing it to strike her shoulder at half-strength
>and putting her right at the proper range to stab her shoulder directly at his nose to return the favor, even grinding the bone against it for good measure
Asked fer it!? BOY, AH'VE BEEN BEGGIN' FER A SKULL T' CRACK FER MONTHS!
This post was edited by its author on .

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552591

File: 1548443596109.png (488.1 KB, 634x1010, SLAM.png)

>>41552590

>He was completely in shock.


>The blow hit, he'd felt it, and he'd heard it. He knew exactly how strong he was, and exactly why he'd received lecture after lecture about keeping his temper. Not that he particularly cared as he lunged forward to strike down whoever this titanic asshole was for not backing down about her stupid music.


>Only she wasn't in any particular agreement about being struck down.


>Instead, she took the blow without stopping and charged back at him, tanking the huge right hand on her shoulder. If she'd cared to look at her opponent, she'd have seen the shock that had engraved itself on his face as she rebounded from the horrific nose injury as quickly as she received it. So as he gaped at her, he took the shoulder tackle straight to his face, a similar cracking sound ringing throughout the gym as he felt the incredible pain from the blow, further amplified as the shoulder was pressed and pushed into the wound.


>He was furious. A roar pushed its way out of his throat as his free hand tried to push Sandy's shoulder out of the way, freeing both of his hands up to launch forward in a huge tackle, attempting to bring his foe down onto the ground in a huge slam, both arms wrapping around her waist to plant her into the floor, ploughing through some of the other bits of gym equipment as both of them crashed downwards and across the floor.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552592

File: 1548444407931.jpg (53.11 KB, 640x360, stop that.jpg)

>>41552591
>two things quickly became apparent from the scant few seconds of the fight
>the first thing: overpowering Sandy wasn't really a difficult task to accomplish
>as soon as the arms were wrapped her waist, Sandy's much smaller weight made her about as easy to toss around as a slightly-heavier-than-normal chair
>the metal equipment flew aside from the intense tackle, and the tiles beneath them would bend and crack with the combined weight of the two bodies being thrown onto it

>the second thing?

>the nuclear-levels of anger Sandy was capable of experiencing seemed to make her completely immune to pain
>even with an orangutan five times her weight on top of her, Sandy roared unimpeded, lifting both her arms above her head
>and proceeded to drive both elbows straight down on to the boy's head, working in tandem with her feet as they clawed and kicked wildly underneath him
>Sandy simply lashed out like a wild animal, flailing her arms and legs to strike randomly, with absolutely zero finess
AH'LL TEAR TH' FAT RAGHT OFF YER SKIN AN' STUFF IT INTO A PILLOW, YOU COW-FUCKIN' SON OF A DISEASED FUCK-BITCH!
>it definitely matched her language, that's for sure

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552593

File: 1548447423496.png (475.09 KB, 907x694, Barrageofstrikes.png)

>>41552592

>Even as Sandy had been pinned to the floor by the tackle and his weight, she kept on fighting. The elbows that slammed into his head, jolted him, his grip weakening in time for the clawing flailing limbs to buffet against him, throwing him back off of the flailing girl and back onto the defensive.


>He jumped back, landing on all fours as he looked back at his opponent. The pounding of his heartbeat echoed in his ears. But even past his anger...There was excitement. As much as he hated to admit it, as much as he was still furious...There was a plain and simple fun in crashing blows against someone else that could take it. Someone that wouldn't break.


>Crouching low, he leaped back into the air, a low flying jump that seemed to careen back into Sandy's position on the ground, and using his momentum and his already considerable strength, fist after fist after fist started to pound into her body and the ground around her. Her opponent was no better than she, a berserking, roaring wild animal that hefted his weight and his strength about in a fight with an almost complete absence of technique.

Chief!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552596

File: 1548465949706.jpg (427.29 KB, 1175x881, 9b8459d75d58c042149c97b6c3557a…)

No one knew how long Division 2 had been under its current Chief of Police.

That sentence can be somewhat misleading, so let's walk it back a bit further than that to elaborate.

There were records on every member of the force, naturally, although some more extensive and marked with black ink than others. The Chief was no exception to this. However, when he had first taken the chair behind the desk that was eternally heavy with papers crucial to the NRPD's operations and was equally eternally wreathed in the stale air of a precinct whose air filters were probably a few months past needing to be changed out, he had assumed the role with such preternatural speed and skill that, even to the oldest and most miserly of the notoriously stingy head mechanics, it felt like he had always been there. Whether it was confiding a bad feeling about a new break in a crucial case to his seconds in command, signing and notarizing more requests for fresh parts, weapons, and chassis plating for Labors than most cities' Special Vehicles Divisions saw in an entire week, or just simply staring dead-eyed at the eighty tabs of Excel he had somehow crafted into an intricate web of notes, memos, and other essential paperwork that would drive a more computer-savvy secretary mad just to look upon it, the eponymous Chief felt like he was a vital linchpin to not just Division 2's daily operations, but its very existence.

In spite of being there only a fraction of the time of the Division itself.

Presumably.

It was already getting near the tail end of the work day when Sally received word that the man himself wanted to see her in his office. She didn't get much information other than that: all that the messenger, and subsequently she, knew was that it was related to the attempted robbery of the prototype Megalo armors that she had stopped with the assistance of Officers Braze and Fey. Whenever she would have the time to actually make the trip down the hall, she would find the Chief with his fingers steepled before him and his elbows resting on his desk as he stared impassively at his computer screen, as if playing an infinitely complex game of chess in his head where the pieces had been replaced with not just his precinct, but the other precincts in New Riviere, and some of the megacorp capital's heaviest industrial hitters and merc groups as well, drawing out and dismissing strategies to make progress on various cases just as quickly as he pored through the information in front of him to connect the dots he always played so close to the chest...

Or maybe he was just waiting for someone to explain to him why his computer started running so slowly after the eighty-first tab of Excel.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552597

>>41552596

>Sally liked to consider herself a fairly perceptive person, if only as a consequence of being such a social creature as she was.

>but that never helped her read her boss much.
>how much good can social awareness really do you up against the most antisocial being on the planet, after all?
>so, from her perspective, whenever she was called into the Chief’s office with so little information to go on, her deepest and most primitive lizard brain could only react with blind terror as she assumed the worst.

>it really didn’t help that the first thing she saw upon just barely cracking the door to his office and meekly peeking through the crack was the Chief himself dispassionately staring in her direction, seemingly deep in thought, and complete with ominous lighting framing his face from the glow of his monitor.

>reflexively, Sally bolted back from the crack in the door, her nerves already getting the better of her.
>but dangit, she was a grown woman, and a police officer to boot! she couldn’t get this anxious every time she talked to her superiors!
>so, with a deep breath, she steeled herself, squared up her shoulders, and walked through the door properly as all of that brief moment of psyching-up proved to be completely in vain and her voice awkwardly stumbled out.

Um, you… you wanted to see me, sir?

Jotaro Kujo!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552598

File: 1548487042508.jpg (78.22 KB, 640x360, do you see this.jpg)

>>41552581
>the long walk of shame was something Janice would no doubt be accustomed to
>the Academy was a big, big, big place, and following behind Jotaro's sedate pace didn't make it any smaller
>in a way, it almost seemed to be done on purpose; not many students chose to follow him around, so if you saw one walking behind him, that usually meant they'd gotten into trouble
>so all the whispering and barely hidden chuckling over "the Leech" being caught yet again made up the soundtrack for their walks
>especially since Jotaro always maintained a chilling silence throughout it all, never even speaking up to give her a lect-
So when do you plan on getting your head out of your ass and stop with the martyr act?

Chief!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552599

File: 1548490886833.jpg (527.24 KB, 1175x882, now i'm over here.jpg)

>>41552597

If her superior officer had seen her approach, hasty retreat, and not quite as hasty re-approach, then he gave no sign of it. In fact, he didn't seem to give much of a sign of anything, but that was hardly surprising. "Barrett," he said to her in what was presumably either a greeting, an acknowledgement, or a conversational note of what one could pick as one's sidearm of choice; whatever it was, he nodded to the chair on Sally's side of the desk. "Have a seat." Whether she did or not wouldn't effect whether he moved or not, however, the middle-aged officer leaning back from his thoughtful repose with a sigh and swiveling to the veritable warzone of paperwork on the main body of his desk.

"The lab finally made some headway on identifying some of the materials from that robbery you helped thwart not too long ago," he informed her, picking up an anemic folder and sliding it across the desk to her. "The commandeered Labors themselves don't have any paper trail of note we've been able to identify yet, and they filed the serial numbers off of every individual piece we've taken apart so far. No luck in the OS backups either, apparently; some kind of failsafe got triggered as soon as we opened the maintenance flap and it dumped a mess of scrapcode right into the VI matrix. Scrambled the whole synapse network." So in short, a bunch of thugs had acquired Labors that were in respectably good condition, had possessed the time, the patience, and the presence of mind to cover every physical and digital track the authorities could think to try, and had known about a delivery of prototype military equipment just begging to be knocked over.

Wild.

The Chief studied Sally's facial expression as he laid out the folder and how they'd been stymied at every other turn, gesturing to the lab reports he'd handed to Sally. "Not a total wash, though. They can't file off the general make and model of the Labors, which means we're just looking for a needle in a haystack and not in an entire barn, and there's still plenty we got from that shipment we confiscated. The three of you did an excellent job in putting a stop to that heist; all we're lacking now is how they did it."

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552600

>>41552598

>Janice was indeed pretty well used to the terse silence.

>and the quiet jeering too, though the fact that she was used to that bothered her in and of itself.
>still, at least Jotaro never bothered talking, leaving Janice with one less judgemental voice to tune o-

>what

>Janice stumbled a bit, nearly tripping over her own feet in shock that Jotaro actually bothered to say something to her.
>she just stared for a moment, too stunned by the enormity of the moment to really process what he’d said.
>but eventually, once the word “martyr act” had properly passed through her brain, that confused stare turned to a bitter glare.

The f-! What do you mean, “martyr act”?

<YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT HE MEANS.

<I didn’t ask you.

Jotaro Kujo!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552601

File: 1548492350990.jpg (78.39 KB, 640x360, one more.jpg)

>>41552600
>Jotaro came to a stop, turning around and facing Janice with a subtle but very clearly annoyed glare
Janice, wasting my time is a good way to piss me off, so don't try and act dumb.

Let me guess: some kid was pissing his pants over Abigail; you and Meredith jumped in to try and calm things down; Winnie misunderstood the situation and attacked first.

Don't even bother trying to say otherwise. That's what always happens with those two.

>his eyes narrowed just slightly, Jotaro's tone of voice never quite raising over its usual half-bored sound

What do you think's going to happen? You think Winnie's going to wake up, hear about what you've done, and suddenly have a change of heart about you?

All you're doing is letting her walk away scot-free from her own mistake, and what do you get from it? A temporary high off of feeling like you've done "the right thing", only to then sulk about how the world has it out for you?
>a slight tch left his mouth, his voice having actually raised in pitch slightly at the end there
I'm starting to lose my patience with this little game of yours. There's only so many times I can keep stuff like this off the books before someone starts asking questions.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552602

>>41552599

>as soon as he gestured to the seat across the desk, Sally had already stepped into the room, quietly shut the door behind her, and nervously scurried into the seat with a meek “yes sir”.

>she shrunk into the seat under the Chief’s gaze. honestly, she was kind of unsure just why she was so intimidated by her boss, considering she’d never really seen him react to anything with any emotions besides dull boredom.
>maybe she just felt like that kind of stoicism had to be masking some kind of secret burning rage ready to blow at literally any moment as soon as she let her guard down.
>or maybe she just instinctively feared anything with a Y chromosome.

>though that anxiety faded a bit when the case file was presented to her. hopefully, that meant she wasn’t somehow in trouble for something.

>and even if she was, it at least afforded her a chance to do what she did best: bury her emotions in her work until she could pretend they weren’t there anymore!
>without a second of hesitation, Sally dove into the file and passively absorbed what the Chief said while she read further on the details.

>everything he was saying was correct, and added up to not a whole lot of solid leads. just a lot of chasing down two out of a sample set of a few thousands of Labors. while a needle in a haystack was preferable, it was still a pretty dang big haystack.

>the thing that stood out to Sally though and caused her to narrow her eyes a bit, were the interrogations of the gang members who were involved in the heist in the first place.
>unsurprisingly, they broke easily – that wasn’t unexpected given how disorganized and green they seemed to be at the time.
>equally unsurprisingly, they couldn’t actually give anything solid. every question about how they acquired their gear or the information on their target just gave stories about shady meetings with middlemen and go-betweens; nobody ever actually met whoever was calling the shots here, just a whole lot of sockpuppets.
>that all was par for the course; no, what stood out to Sally was the fact that several of the members reported seemingly the exact same meeting with the exact same person, even when interrogated completely separately from each other.
>but more than that, while they all met the same person, they seemed unable to agree who that person was. the words and actions were the same, but the face they came out of changed depending on who was telling the story; sometimes it was a man, sometimes a woman. sometimes white, sometimes black. sometimes not even human at all.
>entirely possible to just be a coincidence, or a practiced lie deliberately put together to mislead the investigation. but that struck Sally as unlikely, given how incompetent the perpetrators had been so far, so her curiosity was piqued. she just really hoped there wasn’t some sorta meta involvement here. that would make things a lot more complicated than she liked.

>”The three of you did an excellent job in putting a stop to that heist; all we're lacking now is how they did it."


>the Chief’s direct acknowledgment pulled her out of her thoughts and back into the real world, accompanied with an equally hasty “thankyousir”.


But, uh, I don’t mean to sound unappreciative or anything, but… why did you call me in for this? I don’t really see what I have to add here - wouldn’t this be better off with one of the detectives?

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552603

>>41552601

>Janice’s expression fell from anger to mild dread pretty instantly, clearly not anticipating for Jotaro to call her bluff, let alone so thoroughly.

>it’s not even like she’d really thought she’d successfully bluffed him, she just expected him to never care enough to contradict the lie.
>why was he suddenly just now deciding to take his job seriously?!

>”Let me guess: some kid was pissing his pants over Abigail; you and Meredith jumped in to try and calm things down; Winnie misunderstood the situation and attacked first.”

<That’s not-
<YEAH IT IS.

>”You think Winnie's going to wake up, hear about what you've done, and suddenly have a change of heart about you?”

<No I-
<YEAH KINDA.

>”...and what do you get from it? A temporary high off of feeling like you've done "the right thing", only to then sulk about how the world has it out for you?”

<I don’t fucking-
<YEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

>Janice’s glare returned, though not directed at Jotaro. she just gritted her teeth and stared right through him while the argument went on in her own head.


<What the fuck is your problem?!

<IT’S NOT MY PROBLEM, IT’S YOURS.
<Since when do I have ”a problem”?
<YOU MEAN BESIDE THE MARTYR THING HE ALREADY MENTIONED?
<Don’t fucking pretend you even know what “martyr” means, you little asshole!
<YOU’RE THE ONE WHO JUMPS ON EVERY GRENADE ‘CAUSE YOU’RE TOO HUNG UP ON HOW WORTHLESS YOU THINK YOUR MOM THINKS YOU ARE AND YOU GOTTA FIND SOME WAY TO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL ALL THE TIME SO THAT PEOPLE WILL LIKE YOU.
<WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ABOUT MY M-
<I LIVE IN YOUR BRAIN, IDIOT. I HEAR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS. I CAN SEE ALL YOUR MEMORIES. I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU KNOW. AND YOU KNOW I’M RIGHT. AND YOU KNOW HE’S RIGHT.

>Janice just kept glaring straight through Jotaro’s chest for a moment while this went on in her head, though from the outsider perspective it could’ve been easy to mistake for her just struggling for a response to the way Jotaro just completely pulled the rug from under her.

>eventually though, she regained the presence of mind to remember the conversation going on outside of her head too, to which she responded the only way she knew how; tense silence and hiding herself even deeper in her usual sweatshirt cocoon.
>she didn’t bother to say anything, just shoving her hands in her pockets and silently walking past Jotaro to resume their previous familiar path.
>though she did eventually almost speak, lazily mumbling half-aloud and half to herself:

Fuck’m’I s’posed to do then? Least when ‘m’a martyr I get to pretend t’help for a sec’n.

Jotaro Kujo!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552604

File: 1548498854484.jpg (62.45 KB, 640x360, book.jpg)

>>41552603
>what exactly was going on inside Janice's mind was a mystery even to Jotaro
>Star Platinum offered him plenty of great abilities, but mind reading was sadly not one of them
>what was, however, was a great sense of hearing, so Janice's half-mumbling didn't escape him in the slightest
>even as she walked past, Jotaro didn't start, his voice calling out to her instead:
Don't bother heading that way. Like hell am I going to keep feeding into this habit any longer.

>he raised his arm, pointing a finger right at her

Five AM tomorrow. You're going to be at the entrance to the training area. That's not a suggestion.
>then, turning, he simply started to walk away from Janice
If you want to help so badly, then that's what you'll be doing from now on.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552605

File: 1548505684345.jpg (52.25 KB, 640x360, grab my hand.jpg)

>>41552593
>the small moment of freedom as the boy jumped back was all Sandy needed to get her bearings
>she wasn't given enough time to fully get herself off the ground, as she only managed to really sit up, but that was enough for her
>as her ape-like foe descended on top of her once again, his fists were able to freely collide against her body and face... and yet the girl wouldn't fall back to the ground
>despite both her arms being beside her, there was a very noticeable push against the force being drive against her, as if there was something propping her up to maintain her sitting position

>more so than that, amidst all the blood and the swelling starting to emerge around her face, a streak of white would tear itself amidst all of the red

>she was grinning, even as she took each and every punch without so much as an attempt to block any of them
>instead, her hands were free to reach forward and grab a firm grip of her opponent's hair and yank his hair down
>all she needed was for him to lean down slightly, and one of her legs could easily slip over his shoulder and around his neck
>for a normal boring person with four limbs, this move would be downright impossible, especially with a roaring gorilla throwing a tantrum on top of them

>but she wasn't boring

>she had a fifth limb in the perfect position
>the monkey tail she focused a lot of her training into getting stronger
>strong enough to keep her propped up even while she was being punched
>and strong enough to push her off the floor in a messy-looking-but-still-effective position switch
>with a twist of her body in tandem with the push from her tail, Sandy would find her way onto the boy's shoulders
>her hands still gripped on his hair to steady herself, as she yanked back to get him to straighten back up
It's rodeo time, fucker!
>with her legs firmly wrapped around his neck, Sandy began punching down onto her opponent's thick head in a wild flurry of fists

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552607

File: 1548513333333.png (369.66 KB, 650x685, Burningspirit.png)

>>41552605

>Punch after punch after punch rained down on the woman...But she never budged. If her opponent noticed anything strange about that, it was hard to tell on his face as he continued to try and beat her into the ground with minimal success. It was this wild, unthinking attack that gave Sandy the chance to capitalise on his inability to think even further, as one errant slip was what caused his hair to be grabbed.


>He howled in pain as he was yanked forward, and as he tried to pull up again, one leg was suddenly around his head and somehow she just sprung up off of the ground and was now riding his face in an event that ten years later, he would only describe as 'nice.'


> Being yanked back into an upright position and being rained on by heavy handed punches was less nice. His vision was completely clouded by the face full of gym shorts and with the punches not helping his concentration, he staggered around. Blood began seeping down his face and his head felt bruised and worn as he continued crashing into and bouncing off of more exercise gear. It took a while before he planted his feet firmly and stopped moving, all the while the blows were raining down on him.


>His arms, broad and muscled despite his short size reached up to the flailing monkey that was riding on his shoulders and grabbed her by her waist. In one swift motion, he wrenched her off of him and slammed her into the ground beneath him, the floor cracking with the impact. With another furious snarl, he reared his foot back and set it flying forward in a huge kick for the ages, intending to connect with the downed Sandy and send her slamming back into the wall of the gym, crashing through more bikes and treadmills as she went.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552608

File: 1548514766959.jpg (53.87 KB, 640x360, just take it.jpg)

>>41552607
>the thing about Sandy was, she really didn't think ahead in the slightest
>she was in a good position to strike as hard as she possibly could
>but she was also in a good position to get thrown right off said good position

>if she was thinking right now, she'd begrudgingly have to give him an 8 out of 10 on that powerbomb

>but she wasn't really thinking right now, just feeling the pain finally shoot through her entire body
>not just from her back being driven into the floor, but just about everything else finally catching up to her

>her body was screaming so loudly, the kick barely even registered to her; it was a very small drop in an ocean of pain

>the subsequent flight and crash through various workout equipment, she wasn't so lucky to be able to just ignore
>her music player had fallen off of its precarious position at some point in the scuffle, the 10-hour loop of the song still echoing along with the clanking and creaking of metal with the fight

>for a good few seconds, apart from the music, the gym had finally grown quiet

>right until a low growl came from the broken pile of bikes and treadmills
>and a bloodied monkey girl slowly emerged, getting up on her feet to glare at her opponent
Th-....That all ya got, fairy boy!?
>she kicked aside a bike in her path, slowly limping towards her opponent
>her fists clenched, tail swishing harshly behind her as she glared straight at her foe through all the blood on her face
>she stopped a few feet away from him, raising her fists in a very "ol' timey boxing" stance
Better not be gettin' t-tired on me, ya bastard... this hootenanny's just gettin' started!

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552609

File: 1548516667866.png (505.48 KB, 1056x767, Flamingfist.png)

>>41552608

>The kick was more for his sake than he'd ever really admit.


>As Sandy crashed into the pile, her opponent was on the verge of dropping. Out of breath, injured, beaten up, the blood matting his hair. He tried to level his breathing...But to no end, this woman had tired him out more than he thought. Were he of saner mind, he would have been happier about it but as it was, all he could think of was the aches and bruises that covered his body and the slow dripping of blood down his face.


>He didn't even really have the mind to be confused or angry as she just didn't go down. Pulling herself out from the exercise equipment looking just as beat down and ragged as he did, Sandy rose. Blinking some of the red out of his eyes, he groaned and moved forwards, his hands open palmed to her fists.


Wouldn't...wouldn't dream of it! I've got w-way more left in me...!

>He took a few more staggered steps forward. Closer and closer he came, closing the gap just as she did, and swinging a harsh, fast strike forward, propelled with what little strength he had left!

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552610

File: 1548518443610.jpg (57.31 KB, 640x364, getting mad.jpg)

>>41552609
>ever since she'd arrived at the Academy, Sandy had gotten into fights
>how could she not, when she was surrounded by so many people with weird powers and abilities
>those first few months here were just one fight after the next; even though she'd lose more time than she'd care to admit, every single time, she had a blast
>but as her reputation grew, more and more people knew what to expect out of her, and simply stayed away from her
>she was a troublemaker; a hothead that took things way too far, way too quickly, and most people didn't want anything to do with that
>fights grew increasingly rarer for her unless she instigated them, which only shot her up the list of "problematic students" in the Academy's eyes
>slowly she'd come to settle down as best as she could to try and clear her name, but that came with its own issues
>namely, getting into fights was growing increasingly harder and harder the better she acted

>but today, she was feeling something she hadn't felt in a long time

>her heart was beating out of her chest, each ragged breath leaving her lungs feeling like fire through her throat
>she was bleeding, bruised, her bones broken and nose bent out of shape
>her foe, a boy who she'd never met before and whose name she didn't even know, looked much the same as she was
>and yet like her, he was still standing; still fighting, which only made her heart beat faster
>there was going to be hell to pay for her when the teachers caught wind of this, but that wasn't in her mind right now

>her opponent was

>his brute strength was
>that enviable power that she just wanted to feel more of
>for a brief moment she thought back to some of Janice's weird comics, but she wasn't entirely sure why that was
>the moment was quickly over with anyway, and her enemy was back in her mind
>as she saw his hand raise, she matched the motion with her own fist
>her bloodied grin tore out of her face once more, her entire body hardening at what was to come

>she wasn't going to dodge

>she wasn't going to block
>she wanted that hit
>even if it knocked her eye right out of her socket, she wanted it more than anything right now
>because she was going to return the favor with her knuckles aimed directly at his mouth!

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552611

File: 1548519813846.jpg (206.46 KB, 1411x1080, Powerup.jpg)

>>41552610

>The fist came closer, as did the boy's palm, closer and closer, the force between the two blows sending shockwaves that seemed to ripple through the entire school, never mind just the battered and broken up gym room. Her opponent, still gritting his teeth and looking like the portrait of fury that had covered his face for most of the battle, but internally, there was that roaring spirit, the desire for combat, the sheer thrill of the fight. There was no place for smiling in a battle...But he almost wanted to.


>CRACK

>Sandy's fist impacted against what felt like a stone wall, as did her opponents. Both blows stopped way short of their intended goals by...A woman. Even to the uninitiated, even to those who had no clue of the kind of battle that awaited those within STAR's walls, you could feel the power that resonated off of her. She stood absolutely shock still, with her hands outstretched having caught Sandy's fist and her opponent's palm strike. If she was paying attention to the air around her, the faint wisp of golden light seemed to reflect off the air as the ruined gym hall fell absolutely silent...


>Or close to. Aside from Sandy's blaring music, there was the sound of the other boy's breath catching in his throat, and what sounded almost like a squeak, some words escaped his throat.


oh no

>The woman seemed to ignore him for now, her eyes turning over to Sandy. If what she had experienced previously from the fight was glaring, than what this woman accomplished was glaring that had ascended past that of a normal glare. You might call it a super glare two. Stern dark eyes bored into Sandy's own, with the kind of harsh glare that was not akin to a predator eyeing prey, more like a queen gazing pitilessly at someone up for public execution.


>As she spoke, a voice deep and harsh, and clearly Japanese accented rumbled out of her as her eyes focused on one half of the troublemaking monkeys.


"A fine mess the pair of you have made here. I was told to expect someone of your description, you are Ms Vich, correct?"

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552612

File: 1548520339715.jpg (40 KB, 640x362, that cant be.jpg)

>>41552611
>normally, Sandy had experience in punching solid brick walls
>but her arms were already so badly hurting, the sudden stop of her fist send a shock wave that nearly caused her to collapse onto the floor
>it took a few seconds before what had actually happened to fully register in her head
>for a second there she was afraid Jotaro had caught wind of the fight; he was the only person she knew that could've suddenly appeared between her and her opponent
>but when she noticed it wasn't Jotaro holding on to her fist... well, quite frankly, she kinda wished it had been him, because whoever this woman was, she somehow looked even scarier than him
>a faint squeak left Sandy's throat, and partially through her broken nose, as she was left frozen under the weight of not just that glare, but the aura or power she could almost taste coming from the women
>"You are Ms. Vich, correct?"
Wh-Whu--...
>Sandy blinked, her mouth not quite catching up to her brain just yet
>she shook her head slightly to try and clear her thought out, leaving her still staring up at the woman
U-Uhh... Y-Yeah, that's-...th-that's me...

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552613

File: 1548521770051.png (56.81 KB, 289x286, Surprise.png)

>>41552612

>The woman gazed critically at Sandy for a solid few seconds. Sandy would feel the distinct impression of being scanned and scrutinised, being observed from head to toe...Until she paused, staring at Sandy's fuzzy blue tail. Her eyes widened, and then narrowed immediately, the briefest moment of visible shock before her face returned to the stone wall it had before.


"Interesting..."

>...But there was something she needed to do first. Something that bothered her ever since she'd came in. The woman moved away from the pair of them, letting go of the other boy's palm as he dropped backwards just as Sandy did. She moved over to the discarded music player which was still blaring the 10 hour repeat of numetal through the now silent gym. She picked it up, frowned at it for a few moments, before pressing the pause button, which silenced it for now.


>Walking back over to the pair of them with strong strides that now seemed so much louder in the silence, she deposited the player at Sandy's feet, and rounded on the other combatant, who now seemed terrified. In what was almost a blur of movement, she was next to the unfortunate boy and had one of his ears in a vice grip of a pinch, her stony glare changing to visibly annoyed.


"What have I told you before?"

Ow ow ow! D-don't start fights?

"AND?"

>Her grip tightened and he winced in pain, hurriedly attempting to babble onwards


Don't...damage the equipment...

>She let go of him, and he dropped back to the floor, massaging his ear slightly and almost wrinkling his nose until the pain lanced through him from the break. The woman paused again, and her features softened, dropping down in a squat as she scrutinised the boy. In a flash, she'd licked her thumb and seemed to be trying to rub some of the bloodstains off of his face until he flinched and moved away with a cry


M-mom...! Stop it!

>She stood back up to her full height immediately and turned back to Sandy. Her eyes flitted between the two of them, and the carnage that had resulted as part of their fight and she exhaled sharply from her nose, and it was an impressed sounding exhale.


"I will escort the pair of you to the infirmary so you can be treated...And then we will discuss the means by which you are punished once you have healed."

>She announced to the room, before she turned back to Sandy and gave her her undivided attention, arms folded over her chest as she looked at the downed girl.


"...Is this kind of result common, when you fight to your heart's content, Ms Vich?"

>She gestured to the broken room, as well as Andro's numerous bruises and breaks across his body. The woman was not glaring any more, rather it was a kind of harsh, interrogative curiosity that made her dark eyes almost seem to twinkle and glow as she looked down at the unfortunate trouble maker.
This post was edited by its author on .

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552614

File: 1548522273926.jpg (48.2 KB, 640x360, this could be bad.jpg)

>>41552613
>Sandy slowly blinked, her terror brought about by the mere intimidating figure of the woman suddenly finding itself being thrown upside down
>she... didn't look quite as intimidating when acting so... motherly?
>she assumes that's what mothers did anyway, from all the TV shows she's seen; she'd only ever met her grandfather
>still, when the woman did turn back to her, Sandy still felt herself flinch, her tail sticking up straight for a second as the hairs on it shook slightly with the shock
U-Uhh...
<"Dammit, stop acting like a little pissbaby!"
<"You're not some kind of coward! Show her you're not afraid!"
Y-Y-...Yeah? Wh-What-...Wh-...What...what o-of i-it, s-sir...?
>nailed it

KoriAndro!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552615

>>41552614

>With some small amount of effort, the woman reached down and hoisted her son up, arm around the small of his back as she gave him something to lean on. To his credit, he looked very embarrassed by the circumstances he was in, but he made no attempt to fight it off, unlike her previous ministrations.


>The pair of them walked over to where Sandy lay, and a more confident smile across the woman's face as she spoke up.


"Then I think I'm very interested to see that. My name is Kori, I'm the combat instructor for the hero course."

"This is Andro."

>She cocked her head towards the boy, whose eyes almost met with Sandy's before he looked away. Whether he was still angry or embarrassed by his mother was a question that was lost to time. Nonetheless, Kori continued talking, ignoring the tense atmosphere and taking a tone that was as close to amicable as a gravelly contralto could get.


"I run combat instruction classes outside of lessons that are for all who wish to join. I'd be honoured if you could join us, after your punishment, of course."

>And she bent low again, to offer Sandy a hand up, her sleeve sliding up juuust enough for the peek of a toned, powerful forearm underneath her long coat.


"Can you stand?"

KoriAndro!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552616

File: 1548523439974.png (290.35 KB, 464x765, Confident.png)

>>41552615
>attaching Image

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552617

File: 1548535047546.jpg (40 KB, 640x362, that cant be.jpg)

>>41552615
>"I'm the combat instructor for the hero course."
>well, that certainly answered a few questions bouncing around in her head
>and her fighting partner now had a name too
>Andro... weird name; wasn't that the "proper" name for those furry people that she saw walking around?
>"I'd be honored if you could join us."
...
>"You could join us."
...
>"Join us."
...!
>Sandy's eyes widened, the monkey girl instantly jumping up onto her feet even without actually hearing the follow up question
>even with all of the blood on her, and every bone in her body screaming for some relief, the sheer energy she'd received from those words alone made her throw all of that aside
Y-Y-YES! A-Ah mean-... Ah mean, A-Ah's love to! Th-That sounds awesome!
>she gets to punch people!
>and gets to learn new ways of punching people!
>and she gets to punch people!
Th-Thank ya so much, M-Mrs. Kori!

KoriAndro!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552618

File: 1548537871706.png (744.21 KB, 937x781, Absoluteconcentration.png)

>>41552617

>Blinking in surprise as Sandy just jumped up without any need of assistance, Kori's confident smile seemed to widen for a moment as she drew back to her full height.


"Excellent. Now then, I'm sure Ms Ofelia will be happy to see us."

>She went to turn and walk out with Sandy, but-


<"Th-Thank ya so much, M-Mrs. Kori!"


>Kori seemed to stop, and wince in place. Even Andro's muttered grumbling and grumpy expression seemed to pause as he looked up at his mother, who had an unreadable expression on her face. She turned back to Sandy, not quite smiling any more and all the force of her piercing eyes having suddenly muted.


"...Miss. Just Miss Kori, I'm not-"

>She paused and swallowed, shaking it out of her mind with a long deep breath...And exhale.


"Either Miss Kori, or Kori will be fine."

>It was only for a brief moment, but the slightest hint of melancholy had seeped into her voice, before her back straightened, and they started on the long walk back to the infirmary to survey the damage to the students, before Kori had to survey the damage that this was going to be to her paycheck for Andro's part in the whole thing.


>Andro was very muted all of a sudden, not even firing another embarrassed angry glance at Sandy on the walk down from his position of being hoisted along. It was hard to parse all of his thoughts and feelings. He was angry at himself for getting his mother into trouble again, angry because of the fight, embarrassed that he'd been coddled in front of his opponent...And very distantly excited to fight her again.


>That hadn't happened in a long time. Not since the pair of them had left Japan. Every time he'd ever fought someone, unless it was his mother, he had to hold back, to restrain. Over and over and over again, the same story of tightly wound brute strength in a small and agitated package. But this one girl, and this one moment...He'd cut loose for just a bit.


>And now that he'd had a taste, he wanted more and more of that feeling of freedom. That feeling of nothing being held back. No matter how obnoxious and loud she was.
This post was edited by its author on .

Chief!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552623

File: 1548557131238.jpg (467.54 KB, 1173x876, 09379b419e449ac83009f8225bf4d3…)

>>41552602

The Chief took a while to answer that one. He couldn't exactly say it was because he felt like playing favorites, now could he? Perhaps, as usual, the practical answer should take precedence over the blunt one.

"Because my gut is telling me this is one we should play close to the chest, Officer Barrett, and I want as few people involved in this matter as we can manage, even if it's other members of Division 2."

He trusted his men, everyone knew that; their station was almost notorious for how lax its background checks and the like were in comparison to other divisions, and yet they had a nearly unheard-of history of avoiding dirty cop conspiracies that had routinely decimated other station houses. Some people said that it was because Chief and his lieutenants actually kept a much closer eye on their subordinates than they let on, some said his gut instinct on which rookies could be trusted and which ones couldn't was completely unparalleled in New Riviere, and some said it was just plain damn luck. For all those third parties might have known, maybe this conversation was a part of how Chief played the game: compartmentalizing knowledge, distributing it on a need-to-know basis, and letting the chips fall where they may from there. There was no need to involve gumshoes, private sector or otherwise, if he thought Sally could get the job done just fine with her own skillset.

He leaned across the desk to indicate dissection schematics from the Labor cored by Lucky. "We're no stranger to criminal elements mixing and matching Labor parts and overclocking them for as much power as they can get out of them, but this unit's core wasn't even close to being taxed. If the pilot hadn't been as unskilled and nervous as he was, I worry that he would have put up a much more costly fight than he ultimately did." He returned to his side of the divide. "If they had the resources to put together a composite Labor from this many major players, then I don't see how they could have flown under the radar of not just Division 2, but every Special Vehicles Division in New Riviere." He didn't spell it out for Sally implicitly, but he liked to believe he had lain the bait out clearly enough for her to take it herself: either there was a new player in town that wanted to carve a niche in the underbelly for themselves as quickly as possible, or, much less preferably, this hit had been arranged by an element of the powers that actually ran this city.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552625

>>41552623

>she definitely took the hint, as much as she wished she couldn’t. as Sally dwelled on the thought of just how big this might truly end up being, a whole lot of weird feelings ran through her body all at once, a combination of anger and fear somehow both rising and falling in her chest at the same time.

>even just the implication of the heavy hitters in New Riviere got her blood to run a little hotter out of spite.
>but even as angry as she was, even as much as she hated the kind of people who would go to such lengths to hurt others for their own gain, and as much as she’d love to see them get what they rightly deserved… she was still intimidated.

>but she still had a job to do, and she couldn’t let emotions get in the way right now, especially when she was being entrusted with what was apparently fairly need-to-know information.


...Right. So, what exactly do you want me to do, sir? I can definitely try my best, but I’m not sure I’m really cut out for something this, uh, risky.

Chief!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552629

File: 1548571259277.jpg (434.64 KB, 1176x883, 3350c064e368ae0ba600fc60ff1608…)

>>41552625

This would be the tricky part. "There's a charity ball for victims of kaiju attacks downtown tonight," Chief answered, being careful to wind up to the actual sell itself. "It's hosted by the Shaft Corporation on account of their... unfortunate involvement with the incident."

The fact he didn't need to specify which incident was damning enough evidence all its own. All these years later, all the ways it had shaped their city's culture, directly and otherwise, and nobody wanted to actually talk about it. It had been too unexpected, too awful, too uncomfortable to be swept under the rug and forgotten with a few memorial services and retrospective documentaries. It had blown a part of New Riviere's lifestyle wide open and forced everyone in the city to look at themselves, and they had all unanimously decided to close it back up and leave it to fade away into nothing.
Better to abandon part of their identity than risk having such a thing happen all over again.

That was why the Shaft Corporation had charity events like this: typical corporate goodwill building, of course, but some people suspected that there was an underlying current of desperately trying to put salve on a wound that had irreparably scarred over long ago. Trying to atone for something that was almost visibly etched into the city's history by now.

"It's my understanding that at least a few representatives of the corporations that... 'donated' parts for those heist Labors will be present at that gathering; however, none of our usual journalist plants will be in attendance." He steepled his fingers again. "This isn't an order, of course," he continued carefully, "but if you think you would be able to find out anything from in there, or get in the good graces of someone who would let you look at a company payroll down the line, then it would be easy enough to get you inside."

Just as easy as giving her his RSVP postcard that he didn't want, in fact.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552634

>>41552629

>Sally didn’t flinch at the mention of “the incident” like most would have. it was before her time, after all – both in the sense of her time spent living in New Riviere and her own age.

>heck, she was only, what? six years old, and the entire country away? of course she wouldn’t have any way of personally having witnessed the way it changed the city.
>but she definitely heard about it, at least in vague, terse terms that nobody had much desire to elaborate on. but that was enough to get the gist, as much as she’d rather not think about it.

>instead, she would focus on the conversation at hand, at first unsure why the Chief was telling her about all of this.

>but then, the realization set in.
>he… wanted her to go?
>like, to this fancy event for important people, including ones that could have potential ties to organized crime and the case at hand, looking for a potential lead? like something out of an old movie?
>Sally’s brain froze for a minute as she tried to fully process the offer. she could hardly even believe it was being asked in the first place.
>writing tickets, chasing suspects, stopping the occasional bank robbery, that was all one thing. but this? playing amateur detective on a big case? it was a scary thought. it was risky. it was probably a bad idea.
>it was really exciting.

Of… of course, sir. Is there anything or anyone you want me to specifically be on the lookout for?

Chief!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552651

File: 1548811611929.jpg (455.27 KB, 1171x881, weekend at chiefs.jpg)

>>41552634

That got an emotional response out of him, if you counted a weary sigh as an emotion. "Going by the guest list that's been confirmed so far, there'll be representatives of the Shaft Corporation, Solus Forge, Mnemonic Systems, the Zaibatsu Corporation, and the Shaderose Foundation, along with their security details and the detail of the venue, third party contractors, and the usual showing from the press corps." He paused, as if forgetting something. "Of all of those, Shaft and Shaderose are positively identified as having components from their factories in the composite Labors you brought down. That doesn't point to guilt, obviously," he added as quickly as a melancholic soul like him could manage a concept like 'quickly,' "but it still seems like it's worth checking out." Another pause to let her process that and avoid deluging her with information. "If you can get Shaderose herself away from the press mob long enough to see if you can deduce anything from how she acts... well." He sighed again. "I would understand if you don't want to go in by yourself; if you're not comfortable with the idea or you'd just rather not go in alone, all you need to do is say so, Barrett."
This post was edited by its author on .

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552654

>>41552651

>while “the incident” didn’t shake Sally, the mention of Shaderose was a different story.

>she didn’t really concern herself a lot with the inner workings of the local megacorps, preferring to focus her policing efforts on a more personal level, rumors still managed to trickle their way down.
>rumors that Sally really didn’t like the sound of.
>rumors that filled her more with anxiety than conviction.
>particularly all the really vague, whispered parts about what happens to cops who start asking too many questions.
>the parts about the sewers, especially.

>...but those were just rumors, right?

>right, Sally answered herself as she forced back the uncomfortable expression on her face and replaced it with a calm, practiced smile.
>it’s not like Sally was ever one to shirk responsibility, after all. especially not when it carried way more personal cost than it was really worth!
>and besides why the heck would she ever turn down her opportunity to play detective, it’s like the coolest opportunity she’s had since learning to pilot a giant robot

No, no, it’s fine sir! If you want me to do it, I’ll do the best I can!

>but the parts about the sewers though.


...buuut, um. Some backup would... definitely be appreciated.

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552656

File: 1548975472753.png (135.16 KB, 451x403, Playingagame.png)



>Being a shut in had its perks. It meant you never had to deal with cliquey bullshit, or popularity contests, or even bullying really. Hard to bully anybody in the comfort of their tiny little room. But, it had problems. The problem that concerned Arthur right now was food consumption.


>Dinner was a hectic, poisonous affair. All the various friend groups, shouting and screaming and jockeying for the best meals, it made him sick. But going out into Metropolis was worse. Social interaction at the nearest fast food joint might actually kill him. Takeout wasn't really an option due to the secretive nature of the school and its students. He'd managed before. A combination of learning to cook, and hardball studying preservation spells so that he could order fast food en mass and ensure that it was still warm for later.


>But there was a problem, even with that. It was his room. Normally Arthur's safe haven against the horrors of the outside world, right now it was completely covered in wrappers and rubbish and he was still working on reducing the pile of paper bags and greasy paper from the food he had left over. Not wishing to contribute to it, Arthur initiated Plan Omega


>And that's why he was sitting in the middle of STAR Academy's canteen. It was dark as hell, the only light being a small bauble of yellow that hovered about his head as he bit into a burger that looked more like a heart attack with extra grease than it did human food. The chairs had all been stacked neatly on the tables, except for a couple around Arthur to give him some breathing room to eat while he quietly chewed in the dead of the night.


>This was the kind of canteen he preferred. Quiet, peaceful, with no sign of anybody, teacher or otherwise, to bother Arthur while he chowed down on some high quality processed beef. Then he'd just pack up his chairs and go back to his room.


>The peace of a hermit's life. He wouldn't pass it up for anything.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552659

File: 1548977184145.png (550.82 KB, 714x524, whats going on over there.png)

>Sandy was no stranger to punishments; not after all the brawls she'd been in
>she always thought she'd gotten the worst of it, but the Academy always liked to surprise her after all
>considering all of the damage caused to school property, she knew she'd have to contend with something a bit more out of the ordinary during detention
>she did not expect to be forced to stand in one spot for six hours while holding two buckets of water in her hands, and one over her head
>Mr. Kujo was clearly already in a bad mood before she saw him, so this must've been his way to letting off whatever steam he had built up prior to being put on her case

>at the end of all that, Sandy was just left sore, tired, and excruciatingly bored

>but perhaps worse of all... she still felt quite, well, antsy
>her mind still raced back towards her fight in the gym with that boy Andro; her body aching every time she remembered the beating she took
>the pain, the blood, the anger... all of these things combined inside her noggin and made her restless
>and even her six hour punishment didn't bring her down from said restlessness
>if anything, it only made her more so

>thankfully, she knew of a few ways of handling said restlessness

>first thing's first; some food
>lots of it!
>thankfully, the various vending machines strewn about the campus were always left stockpiled for the night class students
>and even more thankfully, she passed by quite a few of them on her way over to the canteen, already grabbing quite a hefty picnic for herself
>but the real good stuff (like burgers) were only in the canteen's vending machines, so all of these were just snacks until she got there

>and once her stomach was full, she just had to get back to her room and blow off some steam the old fashioned way-

>>41552656
>or better yet~!

>Sandy's eyes lit up slightly as she spotted a lone figure in the canteen

>where it not for the curious orb of light hovering around him, she might've mistook him for a girl at first
>but thankfully she hadn't!

>with her bushy tail gently wagging behind her, Sandy made her move

Well, how-do there, buddy~!
>she cheerfully greeted
Wasn't expectin' ta see any othuh face 'round here at this hour!
>she grinned widely, dropping her plethora of snacks on top of the table right besides Arthur
Ya don't mind a lil' company, now do ya~? Granpa always said, ain't nothin' that can't taste sweeter when with company!
>without really waiting for a reply, she swiftly grabbed one of the chair and turned it around
>placing it down next to Arthur, she quickly took her seat, her tail giving a little playful flick in the air
Name's Sandy! Nice meetin' ya!

So, y' from them night classes or somethin'?

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552662

File: 1548978433899.png (208.64 KB, 601x701, Sweating.png)

>>41552659

GNFHGH

>Gracefully, elegantly, Arthur choked on his burger.


>The huge bite he'd been in the middle of managed to get by all right in the end, though there was a small dab of errant ketchup that had managed to make its way to the side of his mouth. His eyes widened at the cheery newcomer as she sat down next to him without a care in the world and started making conversation. Arthur sat there and watched her as she spoke, listening to Sandy's cheerful speech while his mind raced.


>There was no reason to sit next to him. None at all, he'd cleaned the area out but he was sat on his own with a bag of Burgermemnon and a bauble in front of his eyes. She might just be the friendly type who needed someone to interact with while she was eating, or was this the flag that all the dating sims and harem animes had told him about. Arthur was sceptical. Surely there had to be some ulterior motive for wanting to sit next to him, he just needed to not engage too much and-


<"Arthur it's been twenty seconds and you haven't replied to her."

>Fuck.


U-uh...I don't mind company, no...

>Arthur smiled weakly back at Sandy even as 70% of his brain screamed at him to run away, the stronger 10% that respected the social contract kept him rooted to the spot as he reached into the bag for some fries while sputtering his answers.


'm Arthur...Not always, not today. I just-

>Arthur paused. He couldn't just answer that he preferred to be alone. That would be rude to someone who just sat down with him. Arthur was many things, but he liked to believe that in public, he could be polite. He swallows his thoughts, just as he pulled out some fries and his brain stalled while thinking of a response.


<"You prefer to eat at night."

...I prefer to eat at night.

>A pleased grunt came from the swirl of mana within him, and Arthur mentally thanked his guest for the quick save. Two heads really were better than one!

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552663

File: 1548979622424.png (517.35 KB, 714x524, Im confused.png)

>>41552662
>those twenty seconds of silence didn't seem to bother Sandy much
>maybe because she was kinda used to it from some of the people she hung out with
>or maybe just because she was too busy munching on her own food to really notice it at first
>still, when Arthur did speak up, her focus was back on him
Arthur, 'ey?
<"Damn, can''t really shorten that, can I? Arthy? Nah, that sounds dumb..."
>"I prefer to eat at night."
>Sandy was taken out of her thoughts, quickly bringing up another wide grin
Oh, Ah know exactly what ya mean!
>she glanced around the empty canteen around them
Although Ah personally prefer a nice outdoor dinner unduh the moonlight mahself, but that can be bothersome 'round this time of year.

No matter how many times Ah see it, it's still wild t' actually see snow with my own eyes.
>it took her longer than she'd care to admit to realize she had to actually wear proper clothes if she wanted to roll around the snow
>thankfully, right now, that wasn't where she was planning on rolling soon
So, Arthur, haven't seen ya 'round these parts before!
>she tapped her chin in thought; considering how much she liked to wander around the campus, that could only mean a few things
So ye're either a newbie... or ye're goin' to the magic classes; am Ah right?
>she always tried to stay away from that section of the school
>not because she was scared or anything!
>magic users were just big fat cheaters in a fight!
>that was it!

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552665

File: 1548980798943.png (310.4 KB, 571x537, Youlikehurtingpeople.png)

>>41552663

>Chomping through his fries, seasoned to perfection as per usual, Arthur looked back at his new 'friend' who hardly seemed to notice the internal struggle that took place every time he attempted to think of a response to the extroverted girl. Fortunately for him, she'd actually brought something up.


I never thought it'd be so cold here when I moved, snow wasn't all that common, but the winters here...Makes me miss the miserable rain.

>Wet and miserable was no way to go through life, but if Truth and Justice were the American Way, then Grin and Bear It was the English. It'd served Arthur well. Unfortunately. Still, he managed to stutter out his small talk before Sandy cut to the heart of the matter. Arthur blinked in surprise as he made to bite his burger again. That was...perceptive. Jeez, this girl had eyes like a hawk.


<"Perception is a tool to cultivate. You should take her example."

>Arthur grumbled down the voice in his head before he nodded back at Sandy, chewing and swallowing the piece of meat he had.


Yeah, I got signed up to the magic classes. It's...it's okay, I guess. More interesting than the regular classes.

>That was something anybody could relate to, right? Not liking class! That was easy and that would go down with any prospective student!


>oh god why did he go outside

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552666

File: 1548981950564.png (524.93 KB, 714x524, these are hands.png)

>>41552665
>Sandy's grin quickly returned as her guess turned out to be accurate
Hah! Knew it~!

Ah pride mahself quite a bit on mah people-watchin' skills! New faces stand out from the crowd fer me like a cow in a strip club!
>she leaned forward slightly on the table, resting her shoulder on top of it, and her chin on her hand
>truth be told, she wasn't at all interested in this small talk, but she was good enough at hiding that
>she quickly got the feeling she couldn't be too forward with this guy; not from the start, anyway
Oh, Ah bet! Frankly, Ah hardly remember half 'a all mah classes; that's how boring they are!

>with a somewhat theatrical sigh, she looked at her hands

Sadly, Ah wasn't born with a single magical bone in mah body! Ah bet that fancy stuff comes in handy throughout the day...
>being able to just levitate the remote control to your hand from the couch was the type of power reserved only for gods, it seemed

>Sandy turned on her chair, now facing Arthur directly as she leaned on her side against the back of the chair

Still, Ah bet class is still class, right? Even past all the firework, Ah can't imagine it to be that excitin' in the long run...
>crossing one leg over the other, it was now time to start buttering this up
Ain't that the wildest thing! A big secret superhero school, and so much of it's just so borin' and average... ya still end up havin' t' make yer own fun at the end of the day, ain't it?

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552667

File: 1548983000188.png (105.8 KB, 401x436, Hmmm.png)

>>41552666

<"See? It's a handy tool to have."

>"Yes, thank you, I get it."


>Arthur was starting to reach the end of his food supply as Sandy continued. Fancy stuff was right, it was how he was enjoying this meal at all. Arthur couldn't resist a tinge of pride, even from this strange lady, and Sandy's observation skills would definitely notice the tinge of pink and the faint quirk of his lips as she mentioned the handiness of magic.


>But she kept going and as he finished off his burger, idly licking his fingers clean after he did, he nodded back at her. Class was class indeed, a lot to learn, a lot to worry about. School was the same everywhere...And so was the need to keep your mind off it.


Y...yeah, it's...okay but it's still nice to be finished with it. Enjoy other stuff.

>Stuff like card games and miniature painting and clearing more Raids with his guild. That was the fun that Arthur Goulding made. It was also absolutely not the fun you admitted out loud to an attractive girl, so the precise means of how Arthur had fun would remain under lock and key for now while he peered into the bag in a desperate last attempt to scope out any remaining fries.


>Alas, to no avail.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552668

File: 1548984005590.png (439.63 KB, 714x524, too good.png)

>>41552667
>"Enjoy other stuff."
>Sandy had to hold back her grin slightly; she still needed to maintain some level of cool here
>even if she was starting to grow a bit impatient with herself
>she slowly nodded along with Arthur's brief but accurate assessment
Good thing there's a lotta stuff t' do 'round here still, right? Well, except at night, Ah suppose... Ah mean...
>she reached up to rub her shoulders slightly
Ah just got out 'a one of Mister Kujo's torture sessions, but seems lahke that wasn't enough to curb mah restlessness...

An' even with the night classes going on, much 'a the school just plain shuts down! Kinda dumb, when ya think about it...
>well, the gym was usually open, but she kinda ruined that
...so that means...
>she leaned forward slightly, a smirk returning to her face as she made damn sure Arthur got quite the view from a well-practiced angle
Ah gotta find somethin' else t' spend mah time an' energy on, don't it...~?

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552669

File: 1548984804538.png (349.94 KB, 788x807, Terror.png)

>>41552668

>There was a lot to unpack there.


>Arthur politely nodded along, idly crumpling up his bag of foods so as to more easily trash it. The school was dead at night, but Arthur had made his own fun that could be had 24 hours, 7 days a week! There was no time limit on a virtual world, except the limits of his mortal body. But it was now that Arthur's half-focused half terrified brain began to go to work.


>Kujo was recognisable, even to a non-troublemaker like Arthur. He didn't know what he taught, but that icy glare and easily handed out punishments were legendary, so if Sandy had just fallen awry of that...Then she was some sort of bad girl. Distantly, his brain picked up on the word 'restlessness' but Arthur's throat seemed to have gone dry all of a sudden and he couldn't quite ask what she meant by that.


>Okay, so, she might have gotten detention with Kujo, but I mean, it wasn't like it was only for trouble makers, right? He was a hardass, maybe she just got a D or something...


>But Arthur's internal babble abruptly stopped, as Sandy leaned forward and his gaze inevitably fell south of her face and at her...Sandy's. There was no way he couldn't have. The motion seemed designed to draw attention away from her face as she leaned forward...


<"...so that means..Ah gotta find somethin' else t' spend mah time an' energy on, don't it...~?"


Y-...uh...

>His throat, the sahara, his mind, pandemonium, his heart, threatening to escape. He'd never planned for this, he'd never come up with any social counter measures. There was no way to avoid the situation that was in front of him because he'd never thought it needed avoiding. It was the one in a million, the all in on black 29 and getting a huge payout.


...Are you, asking me to...?

>The question remained unsaid. Arthur didn't quite want to say it out loud, whether out of fear or excitement was anyone's guess, but for now, the tension in the room could be cut with a knife while he stared at his night time companion in sheer confusion.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552670

File: 1548985543839.png (510.9 KB, 714x524, you want it.png)

>>41552669
>oh thank God he actually picked it up!
>she was starting to worry she needed to get into an impromptu lesson here
>with her grin and expectations solidifying, Sandy ever-so-slightly scooted her chair (and herself) closer to Arthur
>even if it took some time to get there, she could never deny the trouble it was worth it for the shy types like this
Bingo~!
>she answered with a quick wink of her eyes
Lemme put it this way... just 'cause Ah ain't going to no magic lessons...
>her hand quickly fell onto Arthur's leg, lightly brushing along and closer to the DANGER ZONE for extra emphasis
Ah've been told Ah still got magic fingers in the past... who bettuh t' give me a professional evaluation~?

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552671

File: 1548986731047.png (394.21 KB, 665x696, NNOOOOOOOOOOOO.png)

>>41552670

>She shifted closer and the grin on her face seemed to get even wider, like the cat who caught the cream. More appropriate than usual in this instance. Arthur almost involuntarily scooched away from Sandy, even as the flush on his face threatened to consume all in its fiery pink colour.


>She meant it. Or she seemed to. This could be another cruel prank. He had no idea who the popular people in this school were, maybe she was one of them and she was threatening to give him a handy as part of a master plot to make fun of him. As the hand crawled up his leg, Arthur flinched yet again and his eyes widened in sheer terror.


>A not insignificant portion of his brain was telling him that this was the chance of a lifetime. Whoever this woman was, she was gorgeous, she seemed friendly, and she was absolutely up for blowing off some steam with him. The chance for this might as well be every male's dream for no strings attached sex with a bombshell wearing basically nothing. The Lance on his shoulder was screaming at him to absolutely mutilate this cat or whatever the fuck he said. On top of that, he'd be cashing in the Big V, the source of all of society's problems.


>The plot of a doujin was right in front of him.


I'msorryIhavetogoactivatemyalmonds

>It was blurted out of his mouth before he could stop it. Arthur recoiled backwards from Sandy's touch, the chair being knocked over in his rush as he attempted to fastwalk his way out of the cafeteria. The bauble around his head had abruptly shut off and the bag in his hand crumpled even tighter under his vice grip.


>And he was getting the hell out of there.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552672

File: 1548987664230.png (507.97 KB, 714x524, dont start crying.png)

>>41552671
>Sandy could feel the individual hairs on her orange tail stand up on end, simply touching another person already sending faint shivers down her spine
>she hadn't felt this needy ever since she managed to piss off that one guy with sixteen arms and the ensuing fight between them!
<"Focus, Sandy!"
>stupid voice of reason stopping her from just jumping at Arthur right then and there!
>it's the middle of the night; nobody would even-

>"I'msorryIhavetogoactivatemyalmonds"


<"Oh hell yeah!"

>screw reason; this was happening right n-!
...?
>Sandy had had reached forward before she could even realize it
>but she did realize it hadn't actually grabbed anything
...
>and she stood there for about three seconds, her logical brain slowly catching up to her animal one
>and actually realize Arthur was fast-walking his way straight out of the cafeteria
...
>without her
...
>was he ditching her?
...
>that couldn't-
...
>that couldn't be, right!?
...
>WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD-!?

H-HEY!?
>she suddenly shouted, jumping out of her chair
Where ya goin'!? Y-ya left without me!
>she quickly started to follow behind him, not quite at enough speed to properly catch up
>but certainly in a hurry to do so
Ah mean, is it 'cause ya need some, err... "help" or somethin'? 'Cause, ya know, Ah'm cool with that! ya don't gotta hide it from me or anythin'!
>yeah, that had to be it, right!?

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552673

File: 1548989846973.png (232.8 KB, 531x598, LEEEWWD.png)

>>41552672

>Arthur kept on moving, his fast walk maintaining speed as he hightailed it the fuck away from that situation. This was not what he'd planned for. He hadn't planned for a person to join him, never mind a female person, never mind that that female person actually wanting to...to touch him.


<"Where ya goin'?! Y-ya left without me!"


>Arthur felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up as the words that he'd intended to say turned into dry coughs and he just kept walking. He didn't know why he'd said no. He didn't know why he left. Even a part of him knew that this was an opportunity that he was massively unlikely to get again. You didn't just have hot southern bombshells offer to show you their 'magic fingers.' It just didn't happen.


<"That is probably why you are running."

>Arthur had no time to give Arkana's ramblings much thought, which drew an angry snort from the gravelly voice as Arthur kept on moving. But if there was one thing that could get anybody, even a terrified young man, to stop dead, it was to insult his ability to do sex.


>His fast walk stopped abruptly and he whirled around, the fear on his face not quite leaving, but certainly squeezing up on the bench to allow room for indignation to sit there too.


I-I don't need any 'help!' All of that's working jus-just fine!

>He groaned out through clenched teeth, eyes panicked and narrowed. Really, he definitely didn't need much help in that regard, it's not as though Sandy had to do much to keep his attention on her. Arthur Goulding would not stand for any assertions that his junk didn't work!


>Oh hey, he was looking at her again. Her and her shirt. He wasn't sure if he was regretting everything or nothing.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552674

File: 1548991412266.png (527.93 KB, 714x524, you got a problem.png)

>>41552673
>Sandy jolted slightly at the abrupt stop and whirl to face her
>she slid to a halt, quickly blinking and looking even more confused by this turn of events
>she had no real reason to not believe him, but that still left the burning question in her mind of why
Well that's great an' all; so how 'bout it!
>her foot tapped on the floor, Sandy starting to feel that impatience growing inside of her
>the orange tail swished a bit more angrily than it had before, as if lashing out at the invisible butterflies floating around her and whispering to her about how much she just wants to have sex right now
>stupid sex butterflies never did let her focus right
L-Look here!
>she marched closer to Arthur, probably looking and sounding a bit more angry than she actually intended for once
Ah just came off of one of the best faghts in months that's left me more wound up than a wind-up toy in the hands of an OCD that can't count!

And aftuh that, Ah had to stand in one place fer six freakin' hours, without talkin', without movin', without touchin'--!
>she reached forward, placing a hand on Arthur's shoulder, more to steady herself, and trying not to grip tight enough to accidentally dislodge it
Ah need somethin' - anythin' - t' blow off all this steam before Ah explode, man! Ah don't care if ya've got experience or not, or how long ya last; I will sit on yer face all night if Ah gotta!
>her grip grew just a bit tighter as her arm started shaking
Ah need this bad an' Ah'm askin' KINDLY, y'hear!? Are ya gonna help me out here or not!?

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552675

>>41552673
>>41552674

>today was one pain in the ass after another.


>first, Janice woke up late and ended up missing breakfast and had to get by on some shitty stale god-knows-how-old vending machine Pop Tarts. not the best start to the day, but a livable one.

>but then she got back a D on her chemistry test, froze her ass off in PE again, and then nearly got her chest caved in over a misunderstanding and now she had Kujo on her ass once again. awesome.

>plus, just to add petty insult to injury, Janice was pretty sure everyone in class had heard her accidentally call Ms. Charleston “mom”, as much as she tried to avoid acknowledging it.

>and normally, this wouldn’t have been so much of a problem if she could’ve just burned off some of the stress of the day with her friends, but that proved to be less of an option. April had to study, Lance was busy with his dumb jock garbage, Inara was still locked up, and Bram was just flat out nowhere to be found.
>so she’d been left with no outlet for a day’s worth of petty frustrations, leaving them to just fester and settle uncomfortably in her chest. she’d tried to take a nap and sleep it off, but now all that meant was that she was grumpy and alone and now everything was either closed or asleep, so she was bored to boot.

>eventually she resolved to just take a walk around campus and hope that the quiet and night air would do some good for her mood. it didn’t, honestly.

>but, while she was out, a growling in her stomach as well as J petulantly whining in the back of her head helpfully informed her that she’d slept straight through dinner.
>well, guess that made as good an excuse to do something as any.

>the cafeteria at the academy was remarkably well-soundproofed. probably has to be, considering it had to contain a couple hundred loudly socializing teenagers, some of which could make things explode.

>hence why Janice hadn’t noticed anything was amiss inside until she’d already pushed the cafeteria doors open with a heavy kchunk
>only to be immediately met with the words “I will sit on your face” as the door silently drifted shut behind her.
>it wasn’t necessarily unusual for Janice to run into other students this late at night, but not necessarily under those kinda circumstances. as caught off guard as she was, it took a few moments for Janice to process what she was hearing sufficiently to realize that, hang on a second! she recognized that cartoonish accent!

>and, sure enough, only a scant few yards away was Sandy, cornering some hapless dweeb with raw violent sexual tension.

>… by the way, did she do something with her hair? eh, whatever. more importantly, Janice was just glad to see a familiar face today.

Hey Calamatitty Jane, I thought Texans are supposed to be riding horses, not faces.

<”CALAMATITTY”? NOT BAD.

<I’ve had that one written down for weeks.

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552715

File: 1549060918677.png (284.11 KB, 611x562, Scared.png)

>>41552674
>>41552675

>Oh god he shouldn't have given her an opening.


>Arthur's eyes widened as Sandy marched into his personal bubble and her voiced raised into a decidedly angry tone. His gaze shifted to the orange tail affixed to her backside angrily lashing the air while Sandy explained herself. Not that Arthur could really understand what she was explaining. She was wound up because of a fight and now she wanted to...touch things.


>Arthur flinched at the arm that fixed itself onto his shoulder. That...was a grip, for sure. Even if it wasn't breaking his bone, Arthur was only a frail boy, and so he squirmed under the steadying grip for Sandy, which equated to a paralysing hold for Arthur.


A-ah..!

>He groaned out as Sandy's grip tightened, not actually giving an answer to her desperate plea for mad dickings. Partly because of the pain, partly because of the fear, so he just groaned in pain and terror, until his shining saviour arrived.


>His shining saviour sounded a lot less like the guardian of his purity that he'd invented in his head.


>Still, Arthur was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, and were he capable of speech beyond terrified squeaks, he would have probably offered his thanks, but instead his eyes merely shot over to Janice and made as desperate a non-verbal plea as possible in the vain hopes she'd get the message.


>"Please help me."

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552718

File: 1549063041350.png (529.39 KB, 714x524, keep walking.png)

>>41552715
>>41552675
>on any normal day, that comment coming from a familiar husky voice would've probably elicited a chuckle out of her
>that was a really good one, and hopefully she'd remember to congratulate Janice on it later
>but as she was right now, when Sandy turned her head to look at Janice, there was a brief but noticeable red glare in her eyes at the interruption
>it quickly vanished when she realized who had walked in, but Sandy didn't seem to be in any smoother of an edge
Oh, it's just you.

>Arthur's poor shoulder was released, Sandy placing her hands on her hips

>she tried to dial herself back into a more conversational tone, really not wanting to be mad at Janice or anything
>even if she was being a MAJOR COCKBLOCKER RIGHT NOW
Watcha doin' out here at this hour?

Balloon Kid keepin' you up at night or somethin'?

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552724

>>41552715
>>41552718

>initially, Janice had thought she was just going to cockblock her good buddy and have a bit of a laugh at her expense.

>but then she caught that pleading, fearful look in Arthur’s eyes, and that brief surge of killing intent coming off of Sandy.
<Hm.
>on second thought, it might be better to intervene sooner rather than later, before things could get a little… non consensual in here.

Uh, nah. Long story short, got Kujo mad at me, took a nap until I was less angry, now I’m hungry.

>Janice wasn’t really particularly focused on her own words, more concerned with how to tackle the rather touchy subject of what was happening in front of her.


Buuuuuut, more importantly; what are you guys, er, y’know. Up to? Shouldn’t you be keeping this sorta thing a little more private?

>very hesitantly, Janice scooted a little closer to the scene in front of her, unsure of how exactly to attack this.


And… could probably stand to be a little less… creepy about it. Y’know, not getting so handsy with people until you know they’re interested?

<MAN YOU’VE GOT SOME WEIRD THOUGHTS GOING THROUGH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS RIGHT NOW JA-

<not the time shut up shut up shut up

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552727

File: 1549068012621.png (510.54 KB, 714x524, will you stop being like that.…)

>>41552724
>if there was ever anyone who seemed to always speak Sandy's language, it had to be Janice
You too, huh?
>at least the chatter seemed to settle her down a bit
Ah thought he looked righteously ticked off about somethin' even before he learned 'bout what Ah did.
>"Shouldn't you be keeping this sorta thing a little more private?"
>Sandy blinked, quickly shrugging her shoulders
Well Ah'm tryin' to take it private, y'know!
>she paused, suddenly thinking out loud:
Ah mean, not that Ah'm against a lil' adventure in public or anythin', wouldn't be the first tahme, but...
>she then glanced at the ball of shivering nerves next to her, her expression turning kinda flat
...but frankly, that looks a bit much fer this guy.

>"And... could probably stand to be a little less... creepy about it."

What in tarnation are you talkin' about!?
>she quickly snapped her attention back at Janice
What about any 'a this is creepy!? This here's some good ol' fashioned, grade-A Texan seduction! Or are ya sayin' it's too much fer fancy city-slickers like yerselves, huh?

Typical coddled urban babies; can't handle even th' slightest bit of forwardness, can ya?
>she shot another glance at Arthur, huffing slightly

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552732

File: 1549070785473.png (222.8 KB, 523x521, NYEEEH.png)

>>41552724
>>41552727

I...uhhh...

>Arthur flinched and mumbled as Sandy turned her annoyed attention back to him. This was Grade-A Texan Seduction huh? Well, he certainly didn't feel seduced. He felt like he was on the verge of choking, crying or passing out. Maybe all three at once.


>Part of him wanted to correct her. He wasn't really an urban kid, he'd actually grown up in a fairly rural village, but the rest of his brain was too busy violently grappling with itself to pay any attention to the Pedantelope.


>It was much the same argument as before, bolstered as Sandy kept talking. The fact that she mentioned that she wasn't even against doing anything out in the open was a gamechanger. It was like the rebellion of his junk and his hope had unveiled their secret weapon against the forces of the evil empire of fear and anxiety. The entire scenario had evolved from being 'like' a doujin plot to being a doujin plot with just that one line, even with the sudden intrusion of his gothy saviour.



>It seemed so easy in porn. You just said 'yes' to the hot bombshell who wanted to have sex with the nerdy bastard who'd somehow decided that she didn't want to fuck someone who actually knew what they were doing. There wasn't any struggle about what ulterior motives she had, performance anxiety, or whether the desperation to even 'prove yourself as a man' is a game that you want to play. You just let the little brain take over and then do the unrealistic sex.


>But Arthur wasn't in a porn. If he was, it was a really shit porn. Because right now despite the really sexy blonde Texan girl offering to ride his brains out even if he wasn't very good, even if it was out in the open, the only thing he was doing was going through 101 reasons why this had to be some sort of trap or con, and there was no call to let Satan guide his dick.


I just...not good, pressure...

>He managed to mumble out, the familiar prickling feeling of shame starting to burn beneath his skin. Sandy had let him go, but he still felt tight and constricted and rooted to the spot as he shuffled on the spot, the internal conflict continuing to rage and paralysed by fear rather than the very strong girl.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552736

>>41552727
>>41552732

>even with the situation tense as it was, Janice couldn’t help but stifle one of those little snort-laughs at Sandy’s apparent complete lack of social understanding.


You call this seduction? Yelling “I’m gonna fuck you” regardless of who’s in earshot? I don’t think we’re coddled, I think you just forgot you’re not in the redneck savage lands anymore.

>having distracted herself from the intensity of the moment for a bit with humor, Janice wandered past Sandy to take a closer look at Arthur, posting herself up beside him.


Seriously though, you’re coming on way too strong. Look at the guy, he’s clearly terrified. If he doesn’t want to, he doesn’t want to, and trying to corner him isn’t gonna make him want to. You can’t just use people whenever you want as outlets for your weird monkey instincts.

>for some reason, in some dim part in the back of her mind, Janice briefly wondered if she should have said that; if she might somehow be tempting fate.

>eh, should be fine, right?

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552745

File: 1549112203298.png (527.93 KB, 714x524, you got a problem.png)

>>41552732
>some days, she really hated having a certain "type"
>the shy and nervous types were cute to bounce around her paws like a mouse... but only when she had the patience for it
>she didn't exactly respond to Arthur, just giving a short grunt as an indication he might have been off the hook
>>41552736
>"If he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to..."
Alright, one-
>she quickly held up a finger at Janice's face
He never even said no!

Two-
>she held up a second finger before motioning down at herself
How th' heck would ya not want any 'a this!?
>she paused, having to concede to at least one possibility as she looked back at Arthur
Ah mean, unless ye're gay or somethin'. Ya could've just said so, man!
>that seemed to make the most sense in her mind

>turning back to Janice, she held up a third finger

An' third-
>she jabbed all three fingers right at Janice's chest
Heck do you even know 'bout "seduction" anyway!? The hottest thing someone can do fer you is to just get a paper cut!

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552748

File: 1549124437530.png (175.97 KB, 614x415, Uwaah.png)

>>41552736
>>41552745

>Clearly he was involved in an argument that went beyond himself now. Arthur got the distinct impression that this debate was proceeding past the point of the newcomer just intervening for the sake of his poor battered loins, and more out of knowing Sandy on a more personal level, even if her assistance was clearly appreciated.


>Sandy's grunt of acknowledgement was enough for some of the pressure to leave him, though he still remained where he was. The debate went back to Sandy's court where she outlined her arguments. She was right about the first point, he'd never properly said no, he just kinda ran...But the second point definitely wasn't right.


I'm not gay, I...I wasn't expecting anything like that.

>And he needed time to mentally prepare himself! It was a big thing, right?! Something you need to be ready and willing for, and he didn't know if he could even manage either right now. But Sandy kept going and made her last point back to the new arrival. Arthur didn't get that one. Paper cuts? What?


>Clearly they had a history.


>...Maybe if he started to edge away now, neither of them would notice him starting to leave.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552749

>>41552745
>>41552748

Seriously, Sandy? Anyone who doesn’t jump you on a second’s notice has just gotta be gay? Doesn’t that strike you as a little vain?

>besides, this dude didn’t really strike her as the type. Janice wasn’t about to claim that gay sweaty greasy nerds were an impossibility, but she’d yet to run into one.

>she didn’t have much time to dwell on that thought though, before a sharp jab to her chest commanded he attention again.
>to Janice’s embarassment, even just Sandy’s fingers stabbing at her was enough to force her to stumble a little.
>even more to her embarassment, Sandy just brought something Janice had told her in confidence you asshole there’s a person RIGHT THERE WHY ARE YOU BRINGING THIS UP NOW into the conversation, prompting a nervous flick of the eyes over to Arthur (with an internal sigh of relief when he seemed clueless to the situation) then back to Sandy.
>well if she was gonna play it like that.

Funny you say that, ‘cause last I checked the only thing that gets you going is getting your stupid cow tits beaten til’ they bleed.

>consciously, Janice knew this probably wasn’t the best time to start poking this particular bear with this particular stick.

>but y’know what? fuck that. Sandy knew that that was a sensitive subject, and she still shot first. she could take what she deserved.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552750

File: 1549129746866.png (543.03 KB, 714x524, Ill pound your face.png)

>>41552748
>>41552749
>there were a lot of things Sandy knew were the most logical of things to focus on right now
>Arthur slinking away, or his admittance he wasn't gay, or far more logically, just admit she was way out of line here
>but Sandy's logical brain was on a lunch break, and had been so for the vast majority of the day
HEY!
>she loudly yelled, completely breaking past Janice's personal space to shove her with her chest
>and very quickly grab hold of Janice's hoodie to yank her closer to her
Watch it, pal! Don't think just 'cause we're all buddies that y'ain't immune to mah fist down yer throat!
>she could feel her heart trying to beat out of her chest, the monkey tail swatting angrily behind her once more
The last thing Ah need raght now is t' listen t' the crap comin' outta yer lips!
>her delicate lips...
>Sandy raised her other hand in a fist
If ya got a problem here, then ye're more than welcome t'- try an' stop me, Janey!
>[shy]why was her breath getting all heavy...?[shy]
B-But Ah'm warnin' ya raght here an' n-now! A-Ain't gonna be my stupid tits bleed-- bleedin' on th' ground! Not aftuh A-Ah pound yer whole body into bloody raw chunks with mah fists yew--... g-guh... [b]yooou[b]....-!
>before her brain could even catch up to her body, Sandy had moved
>shoving Janice backwards once more against the table, she had completely shattered any an all pretenses of there being such a thing as a personal bubble
>her hands had reached down to the other girl's hips, one of them slipping to her back to hold her in place
>all while Sandy's lips suddenly found themselves in an impromptu and eager wrestling bout with Janice's own
>the monkey girl's brain was pure static at this point, the logical thoughts having been tied up to a pole around a burning fire, while the pure animal instincts danced and fucked all around it
>she was feeling that warmth next to her body that she had been longing for all day, and that was the only thing her head could comprehend at this point

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552769

File: 1549165159430.png (182.25 KB, 711x535, Lifeispain.png)

>>41552749
>>41552750

>There were a thousand and one ways that Arthur had expected this to play out, and this was somewhere near the bottom.


>Arthur's terror and anxiety, built up over the confrontational response of 'Janey' and Sandy moving on to continuing the argument suddenly all crashed down when Sandy launched forward and started kissing the everloving shit out of the girl she knew. Arthur's jaw dropped, his eyes widened and fear was replaced by sheer disbelief. Forget doujin plots, this had just turned into a tankoubon that didn't know when to stop.


>The part of his brain screaming to run had suddenly gotten a lot quieter. The voice was still there but distant, faint. The rest of him didn't really have an opinion, it was just engaged in the longest total shutdown that Arthur had ever experienced. You could have waved a flag in front of him, fired a gun or called Madoka Magica the most groundbreaking work in the magical girl genre, but there was no response. The lights are on, but nobody was home.


>And so there Arthur stood. Just outside the cafeteria, dumbstruck and rooted to the spot as two girls he'd never met before just started making out in front of him after one of them solicited him for sex. Either this was the greatest advertisement for leaving his room or the most damning piece of evidence that he should never leave at all, but for the life of him he couldn't tell anybody which it was.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552773

>>41552750
>>41552769

>of everyone present for the situation at hand, Janice was probably the absolute most surprised out of anyone.

>she’d been in fights with Sandy before. she always walked away feeling like death, but she knew what to expect from a Vich-brand punch to face. she was already prepared for it.
>but that’s not what she got.
>even if she knew what was coming, Janice probably never would have been able to actually prepare for what really happened.
>as soon as she felt Sandy pushing her back, she had already started pushing back -
>only for all her resistance to immediately evaporate as soon as she felt a hand make contact with her hip, all her conscious thoughts going up in a puff of smoke.
>then the other hand slid around her back, pinning her in place under the smothering warmth of Sandy’s body.

>and then.

>and then.
>as soon as the lips made contact, Janice’s thoughts devolved into a screeching cacophony of noise that even J was having a hard time putting up with.

<WOAH

<UH
<GOTTA BE HONEST, DIDN’T SEE THIS ONE COMING
<NOT YET, AT LEAST

>Janice didn’t answer, too many different thoughts running through her head all at once.


<why can’t I move

<why do I not hate this
<isn’t she supposed to not like girls
<why is she so warm
<why is she so soft
<is that guy still watching
<why does her breath taste like barbecue sauce, was she just drinking that shit straight or something what the hell
<why the fuck am I not on top

>as these questions and countless more screamed through Janice’s mind too fast for her to consciously process any of them, the rest of her body likewise conspired to overwhelm her senses just as much.

>her heart started pounding harder than she could ever remember feeling in her entire life, less like a steady beat and more like the sound of a couple of bricks thrown in a dryer.
>her breathing was shallow and erratic, and no matter how hard Janice tried to get air to her poor overwhelmed brain, she felt more and more suffocated, like there was some heavy weight pressing all the air out of her.
>which, honestly, there kind of was. Sandy had to have at least a good couple dozen pounds over her, pressing right down on her ribcage. but acknowledging that fact wasn’t sexy.
>but above all else, Janice’s entire body felt like it was on fire, every little inch of her burning hot even in the cold winter night, sweat already starting to bead all across her body. the only thing contrasting the burning heat were these little cold sparks shooting across wherever Sandy’s hands aggressively made contact, sending shivers up her spine.

>but then, as Janice’s mind finally had enough time to… well, not fully catch up to the situation at hand, but at least gain some tiny fraction of presence of mind, she noticed something.

>Sandy’s hands kept moving.
>moving further and further towards The Danger Zone.
>and in some dim corner of her overtaxed, overheating brain, Janice managed to squeak out a semi-coherent thought.

<j help


<HUH? I THOUGHT YOU WERE INTO THIS KIND OF THING THOUGH?

<HELP
<OH, OKAY, JEEZ. DON’T WORRY YOUR PRETTY LITTLE GAY HOMO HEAD, JAN-JAN.
<I GOT A PERFECT IDEA TO FIX THIS.

>right on cue, Janice felt something welling up deep inside her, pushing up to her head.

>at first, she thought it was some trick of her mind, some sort of psychosomatic sensation for some emotional response she was having to the whole situation.
>but that only lasted for about half a second before she realized that, no, something was actually genuinely physically forcing itself up her throat. she almost had enough of a second to question what was happening before it just barely touched the back of her tongue.

>Blood.

>it was blood.
>she was about to puke a whole hell of a lot of blood.
>while Sandy was still busy with trying to lick the back of Janice’s throat.
>Janice already knew it was coming too fast for her to bother doing something like trying to hold it back, or warning Sandy of what was about to come.
>the only thing she had enough time to do was make a mental note to never ask J for help with anything ever again.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552781

File: 1549209322330.png (555.86 KB, 714x524, whats your problem.png)

>>41552769
>>41552773
>if there was a world around her anymore, Sandy had completely lost sight of it
>the pounding of her heart felt like a pair of fists trying to escape her chest, and burrow its way inside Janice's so it could ravage her heart
>her hands grew increasingly more adventurous, with the rubbing and the squeezing and the exploring the lady!
>not even the looming specter of "but wait, this is gay; you're not gay" could stop her right now

>she felt her body grow warmer, her eyes opening to meet with Janice's onyx eyes

>were they always that mysteriously beautiful?
>her hands continued to move, the heat growing unbearable to the point her body screamed - demanded - at her to get rid of all those pesky clothes standing in their way
>but that would mean having to stop touching Janice, and she didn't want to do that!

>steeling her resolve, Sandy knew it was a sacrifice that had to be made

>she could easily get her clothes off with just one hand, even if she had to Hulk it out and just tear them right off her body
>one way or the other, she was going to make sure she and her friend were in for the wildest ride of their-
Ghk-!

>Sandy suddenly froze, her mouth still locked to Janice

>even while her cheeks started puffing out, it took a few seconds for her to really grasp the reality around her
>Sandy was no stranger to the taste of blood in her mouth
>but this much of it was certainly a new experience
GLUUAAAAARGH!
>Sandy finally broke off from Janice's lips, quickly expelling the intrusive redness right onto Janice's clothes and herself
>she stumbled back, spitting out all the leftover traces of blood while gasping for air, yet still managing to get out:
WHAT TH' HELL-!?
>she coughed and wheezed a bit more, but she started to settle down from the shock fairly quickly
>and reality started slowly seeping in inside her head: she just kissed Janice
>[she just kissed Janice
>she... she kissed a Janice
>and she liked it!?
>very slowly, Sandy raised her head to look at the blood-covered girl in front of her
>and her brain became a battleground of poorly understood thoughts of:
<"Why did Ah kiss Janice!?"
<"AH WAS JUST DESPERATE!"
<"Why did Ah like kissing Janice!?"
<"IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!"
<"Why can't Ah stop staring at her now!?"
<"AH'LL BE FINE ONCE AH GET SOME DICK!"
<"WHY DOES ALL THE BLOOD ONLY MAKE HER LOOK HOTTER!?
<"GODFUCKINGDAMMITWHAT'SGOINGON!?

Chief!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552785

File: 1549228330332.jpg (512.37 KB, 1174x881, actually it totally is.jpg)

>>41552654

Was it just Sally's imagination, a trick of the light, some combination of the two, or had the captain briefly smiled just then? "I had a feeling you'd be up for it, Sally," he said, rolling open one of the drawers on his desk, reaching into it, hesitating with a puzzled look on his face, then being hit with a realization and hurriedly closing that drawer before moving on to another one. "Here's the address for the reception," he told her, handing her an RSVP card that, while technically was good at the door, was typically more socially acceptable to be sent back with more advance warning than literally the day of.

"Unfortunately, Officer Fey will be on a stakeout regarding the Onyx Corps case tonight, but I'm sure I can find someone in a nearby division who's available," he lied through his teeth without batting an eye, having already looked through other departments' schedules and deciding who he was going to call in a favor to get for the job.

It might be fun.

Besides, Onyx was low priority enough to him that he could call Tiana off of it should things get particularly hairy, which he wasn't expecting. The next question was the part he was really curious to gauge her answer on.

"Is there anyone from Division Thirteen you feel you'd work well with on this assignment?"

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552787

File: 1549229097641.png (310.4 KB, 571x537, Youlikehurtingpeople.png)

>>41552773
>>41552781

>Watching two girls make out was definitely something of a highlight of Arthur's life. Whether that said more about his life or not was an entirely different question, but that joyous moment of watching the pair of them wrestle tongues was abruptly cut off by the arrival of a lot of blood.


Agh?!

>Arthur yelped in surprise as the tsunami of blood burst out of Janey's mouth and forced Sandy away, leaving them both gasping for breath and absolutely caked in blood. The cafeteria was a mess now, and Arthur was halfway tempted to send his lunch up to join the growing puddle of blood vomit just from the sight, but he swallowed his bile, and stared in confusion and horror between the both of them.


Are you...Are you okay?

>He said, not really aiming that at anybody in particular. Janey seemed like vomiting up gallons of blood would take it out of anybody, Sandy was...forward but that couldn't have been pleasant and more importantly, he wasn't sure if hew as okay and he needed to check.


>For now, he took a cautious step forward towards the two girls that were now detached from each other's face. His instincts had gone back to 'run like hell' but he couldn't just leave them covered in blood here. Well, he could, but he'd feel bad about it.


>...Maybe they'd make out some more.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552798

>>41552781
>>41552787

>Janice barely noticed the blood backwash spraying back onto her, too caught up in replaying the last few moments in her head over and over.

>a whole lot of completely foreign emotions and touches and tastes were running through her poor little lizard brain, the raw sensory overload blocking her from processing the situation at present.
>the soft, warm weight of Sandy’s body on top of hers, the taste of her lips, that thing she was doing with her hands oh christ.
>it felt so wrong.
>it felt so right.
>it was just too much for her brain to process.

>so it didn’t.

>Janice slowly lowered herself back against the table, consciousness gradually slipping away.
>the last thing she thought was just three words; “fuck you J”.

>and again, the cafeteria was silent for a few moments.

>emphasis on “a few”.
>without warning, Janice abruptly bolted back upright, sitting on the edge of the table with a smug, toothy grin.
>inexplicably, her entire demeanor seemed to have changed in an instant, shock and confusion giving way to calm, cocky confidence.
>it was weird. it was wrong. it wasn’t Janice.

WELL, NOW THAT I GOT YOUR ATTENTION.

>even the voice seemed ever so slightly off. it was still Janice, mostly. but there was an odd harsh edge to it, like it was an ever-so-slightly imperfect impersonator. and, of course, it was a hell of a lot louder than Janice had ever been.


FIRST OFF, WAY TO WASTE A TON OF PERFECTLY GOOD BLOOD, ASSHOLE. I WAS ALREADY STARVING BEFORE I GOT HERE, LEAST’JA COULD DO IS APPRECIATE THAT I WANTED TO SHARE.

>as Janice(?) talked, she(???) planted her parasitic arm against her own chest, drawing all of the wasted blood out of the fabric and back up the surface of her arm, where it seemed to simply absorb into the skin.

>the same process was repeated for the table, the floor, and eventually, Sandy herself.

HEY, HOLD STILL.

>the weird Not-Janice hopped off her place on the table, now turning the tables and being the one to intrude on personal space, casually planting a clawed hand against Sandy’s midriff as she repeated the blood-sucking-up thing once again, still chattering away as she did so.


BUT BESIDES THAT, I GOTTA THANK YA! YOU JUST CRACKED THE LID ON, LIKE, YEARS ‘A REPRESSED GAY THOUGHTS. YOU HAVE NOOOO IDEA HOW MUCH AMMO YOU JUST GAVE ME, SANDS.

>once all of the blood had been drawn back from Sandy’s body, Not-Janice gave a casual shrug, still maintaining the same smug grin.

JANICE’D NEVER ADMIT IT, BUT SHE’D THANK YOU TOO. YOU SHOULDA SEEN WHAT SHE WAS THINKING, SHE WAS FUCKIN’ LOSING IT. GOTTA HAND IT TO YA, YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO SHOW A GIRL A GOOD TIME. AND ALSO A REALLY GAY ONE, BUT HEY!

>at that, Not-Janice glanced aside of Sandy to finally turn her attention to Arthur, the smug grin dropping, replaced by a witheringly judgmental glare.


SPEAKING OF GAY, THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM, BRO? WHAT KIND OF MAN GETS AN INVITATION FROM A HOT CHICK DEADASS READY, WILLING, AND ABLE TO GO ALL-EXPENSES-PAID STRAIGHT TO POUND TOWN AND RUNS AWAY?

‘SPECIALLY WHEN IT’S COMING FROM –
>Not-Janice suddenly slid out of Sandy’s line of sight, popping up directly behind her to, uh, show off what’s on display.
>if there were still any potential theory that this was still just Janice playing some kind of joke, those doubts would have been instantly dispelled the second that “Janice” started idly groping at Sandy’s chest.
-- THIS KENTUCKY-FRIED HOT PIECE OF ASS? ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL, DUDE.

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552800

File: 1549247209744.png (507.97 KB, 714x524, dont start crying.png)

>>41552787
>Sandy was hearing a lot of noises right now, but very few of them were actually registering properly as "words" or "sentences"
>it had taken her a few seconds before realizing Arthur was nearby and had actually asked a question
>still in a slight state of shock, she opened her mouth to weakly answer:
Uhh... y-yeah, Ah'm--
>>41552798
>"WELL, NOW THAT I GOT YOUR ATTENTION."
>oh, what fresh sounds of Hell were now filling up the cavernous cafeteria!?
>Sandy's head quickly turned to where Janice(???) was
>it didn't take Sandy very long to realize something wasn't quite right, because there was no way Janice would be acting this confidently after... that
>it didn't require a lot of leaps in logic to assume the thing speaking through her was the same thing that had taken over her arm
>if this is what Janice had to endure all day inside her head, then Sandy had just gained a newfound respect for her friend's level of endurance

>Sandy didn't move even as "Janice" started sucking up the blood over "herself", as well as the one over her own clothes

>she was still a little bit in shock, and slowly trying to understand what the screeching nails-on-a-chalkboard impression of Janice's voice was even saying

>"YOU JUST CRACKED THE LID ON, LIKE, YEARS 'A REPRESSED GAY THOUGHTS."

>Janice was gay?
>"JANICE'D NEVER ADMIT IT, BUT SHE'D THANK YOU TOO."
>Janice liked that?
>"YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO SHOW A GIRL A GOOD TIME."
>that should not feel as flattering as it did coming from HIM--
GHEEK!!
>Sandy flinched and froze in place as, well... the proverbial tables had been flipped... sort of?
>she felt a jolt of electricity rush up her entire body, tail stiffening between her and "Janice"
>she didn't move; she couldn't move as her brain was filled with more and more thoughts, completely clogging up all of her brain's functions and preventing her from so much as uttering anything above a shivering squeak
>she didn't know if she felt more disgusted that J was the one touching her
>or that somewhere in the back of her mind, she actually felt the thought of "this is fine too!"

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552804

File: 1549252477650.png (209.18 KB, 467x494, Despair.png)

>>41552798
>>41552800

>That voice was different.


>Arthur's guard raised immediately at 'Janey' suddenly completely switching tone, and decibel level. Arthur knew a thing or two about sharing headspace, and he knew enough to know that whatever this was that was currently puppeteering her body, it wasn't the same as what had first come stuck up for him...As if that wasn't obvious by the fact that she started to drain the blood off of herself, and then Sandy.


>...Not that whatever was in there seemed all that malevolent. It mostly seemed content with outing...Well, Janice had to be her name then. That would make Janey make sense. Apparently she was gay. Arthur had never been gay before, but if he was, he wasn't sure that he'd react by vomiting blood if an attractive man kissed him. Maybe gay people did that?


>Speaking of gay, Janice(?) abruptly rounded on him, Arthur flinching in response as a far cry from the sardonic defence he'd gotten when the goth was in control, this loud gremlin saw fit to call into question his choices regarding Sandy. Arthur swallowed nervously and was on the verge of stammering a retort when Janice(?) continued, moving around to not only start fondling Sandy, but also call her a 'kentucky-fried hot piece of ass.'


>Arthur stared. A thousand and one different animes super-imposed themselves over this scene. Hundreds of bromantic perverted foils making perverted comments, yuribait schoolgirls groping each other because obviously girls did that in Japan, even the nickname was like a creative fansub. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Arthur had registered that he'd been insulted, and that he should be more angry that he was being considered weird and defective for not being sure how to react to a blatant invitation to the mattress mambo with a woman that he'd never met before. The rest of him had a million and one questions, no answers and thousands of tropey anime on repeat at the blatant display of softcore anime pornography in front of him.


I really wish this was uncensored...

>Aw fuck he said that out loud.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552806

>>41552785

>Sally took the invitation with equal parts enthusiasm and trepidation, her mind already filling with idle thoughts about how much of a special opportunity this could be. but there was still the job at hand, so as soon as the Chief resumed talking, Sally promptly killed all of those thoughts dead in their tracks to hang attentively on every word.


>”...Officer Fey will be on a stakeout...”

>honestly, that came as something of a relief. Sally had no doubt in the Lieutenant's skill, and had more than enough trust in her authority. Tiana would be able to absolutely slam-dunk this case no problem, Sally was sure.
>but on a strictly personal level? Sally just couldn’t ever really work together with her superior too well. Tiana was just a bit too… intense. or intimidating. either worked. but the point was, being partnered up with her was always an utterly nerve-wracking experience for Sally.
>fortunately, when it came to finding a replacement, Sally was pretty well-connected among the other departments, social butterfly that she was. heck, maybe Erickson over in Division 9 was free! he was always a really nice guy, and he seemed like a natural fit for this sorta assign-

>"Is there anyone from Division Thirteen you feel you'd work well with on this assignment?"


...Thirteen?
>Sally stared at the Chief blankly for a few seconds, trying to figure out if this was some kind of joke or something.
>he wanted to send along one of those weirdos with the tanks along with her? the guys who treated police brutality like a game? the “property damage is just a statistic” crew?
>not that Sally had anything unkind to say about any of them, they were definitely lovely people once you got to know them! it’s just…

U-uh, sir? Are you sure they’re the best fit for an assignment this… delicate? I-I mean, not that I’m the best for the job either, but, um – and I’m not trying to second guess your judgment or anything, putting me on the case! But it’s- I’m- I’m- I’m just gonna stop talking now.

>Sally immediately shut up and shrunk even further into her seat, resigning herself to flipping through her mental Rolodex of everyone she knew from Division 13. she enjoyed a good action-packed robot fight or chase as much as anyone, but she would really prefer to get through this case with a minimum of things exploding.

<Too volatile, he would probably escalate things too much.
<Too chatty, he would probably blow the whole plan.
<Okay I’m pretty sure she’s actually just straight up secretly a serial killer.
>boy, there really weren’t many good options available, were there? was there seriously not a single person in that whole department who was just a regular, well-adjusted officer?
>...hang on a second. didn’t Pam mention someone before, y’know, that one time that Sally really doesn’t want to think about and has permanently buried in the darkest part of her heart? considering just how much of that horrible encounter was permanently seared into her memory, Sally distinctly remembered the words “wouldn’t hurt a fly”. what was the name again…?

A-actually, sir, come to think of it; doesn’t Pam have a cousin over there? It’s… Vanilla, right? I think she might be helpful.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552807

>>41552800
>>41552804

>J kept lazily pawing at Sandy’s chest with that same smug confidence, reveling in her and Arthur’s tense reactions, waiting for someone to say the first word.


>”I really wish this was uncensored...”


>...that was it? okay, yeah, maybe he should’ve seen this coming. the nerd seemed to be pretty easily overwhelmed by this kinda thing. he really shouldn’t have expected a particularly fun reaction from him.

>but Sandy? the same girl he’d watched viciously maul his host in both the literal and now sexy, figurative sense? she wasn’t saying anything at all! hell, she was just… letting him do this.
>...not that he wasn’t enjoying himself of course, but there’s no fun in teasing when they don’t bite back.
>so, J’s idle groping gradually slowed down until it petered out entirely, pulling his hands away from the larger girl with a huff.

Y’KNOW, YOU GUYS SUCK AT THIS. I WAS EXPECTING THIS WHOLE “ohh no what happened to janice” AND “oh man j I never knew you could do this” AND WHATEVER. THIS ISN’T ANY FUN IF YOU JUST ROLL WITH IT.

>he lazily pointed towards Arthur with one of his gross clawed bug monster fingers-


I’LL GIVE YOU A PASS JUST ‘CAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW WHO I AM, SO NO DUH, WHY WOULD YOU GIVE A SHIT. BUT YOU.

>- and then sharply jabbed the same finger into Sandy’s side for emphasis.


AREN’T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE, LIKE, TRYING TO PUNCH ME RIGHT NOW OR SOMETHING? OR SCREAMING OR CALLING ME NAMES? YOUR TITTIES ARE AWESOME AND ALL, BUT JUST SITTING HERE IN SILENCE LIKE THIS IS BORING. IF I’D KNOWN YOU’D GO THIS DEAD ON ME, I WOULD’A LET YOU JUST KEEP LEZZING OUT WITH JANICE. AT LEAST THAT HAD SOME FUCKIN’ PASSION BEHIND IT.

>whatever. the moment seems to have been lost anyways. so J stepped away from Sandy with a melodramatic sigh.

>and instead decided to busy himself with intruding into Arthur’s personal space instead.

WELL, ANYWAY. SINCE COWGIRL SEEMS TO HAVE ALREADY FIGURED IT OUT, I’LL LEND YOU A HAND.
>J, always the comedic genius, paused to snicker at his own joke, turning back to Sandy for a moment to point to… himself? his arm? this was confusing.
GET IT?



ANYWAYS! SO THE CHICK WHO COCKBLOCKED YOU, THE BODY YOU’RE TALKIN TO RIGHT NOW – THAT’S JANICE. SHE’S MY HOST. SANDY’S HER FRIEND. OR I GUESS GIRLFRIEND NOW. BUT THE ONE DOING THE WALKING AND TALKING RIGHT NOW, THAT’S ME, J.
>again, he pointed to his-arm-self, focusing the eye set in the arm to stare intensely into Arthur’s own.

Y’KNOW, THIS HANDSOME GENTLEMAN. SO WHO’S THAT MAKE YOU, DORK?

Sandy Vich!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552808

File: 1549259728939.png (504.54 KB, 714x524, furious.png)

>>41552804
>>41552807
>Sandy slumped forward as she was released from "Janice's" hold
>she let out a long sigh as her body finally allowed itself the reprieve of breathing
>so much had happened in such a short amount of time, Sandy's brain was still having trouble making sense out of all of it
>she took in a few breaths, trying her best to calm herself down... but that screeching voice was seriously getting on her nerves
>there was still enough of an ember inside of her to make sure she wouldn't let that thing get the final word in!
Wh-...Why would Ah do any 'a that...? You couldn't give a stiffy to hamster with yer skill level, let alone get me t' feel anythin' with that poor excuse fer a massage!
>of course, with the fact she was wearing no bar, and kept her arms crossed in front of her at all times...
>she grunted, straightening up slightly as she glared at J with a scoff
Ah ain't gonna t' stand here an' let some arthropod a-hole who's watched "The Nutty Professor" one too many times ruin mah day even further!
>she quickly turned around, her tail angrily swatting the air behind her
You ladies have fun talkin' 'bout the best way to clean yer vaginas; Ah'm outta here!
>as she started marching away from the scene, a low grunt left her throat
>she couldn't even tell if she was less or more needy right now that at the start of the goddamn night!
>maybe she should take the long way back to the dorms; let the night air slap her in the face a couple of times until she wakes up from this nightmare
>if push comes to shove, she'll just climb up to that sports geek room and wake him up; that should be enough for her
<"Just furiously ignore the part that's disappointed you won't be spendin' more time with Janice you do not need this right now!"

Arthur Goulding!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552816

File: 1549293881538.png (85.59 KB, 212x363, Awman.png)

>>41552807
>>41552808

>The scratchy loud voice continued, mostly just voicing her disapproval with their lack of reaction, which also seemed weirdly familiar in the back of Arthur's mind, but for the most part he just stood there and stared. Janice(?) released Sandy from her grip, with a particular comment about Sandy not reacting like a tsundere. Arthur's gaze flitted back over to the Texan gal, who didn't really seem like a tsundere...


>At least not until she opened her mouth in response. The false started comeback, flinging insults around like there was no tomorrow, and a final biting comment about his big floppy vagina before Sandy stomped off into the annals of Arthur's mind. Really this entire encounter had just been a trip from start to finish and the only thing he was planning on doing was complaining about the holiday planner for giving him this awful experience.


>Oh shit, the other girl's still here.


>Arthur turned back to...'J' apparently, as he was given a crash course on Janice's inner demon, or inner goblin. Much less impressive. What was more impressive, though not impressive and more worrying/annoying was that they'd come way back into his personal space. Arthur flinched backwards and tried to put some distance between himself and J, keeping his guard up as best he could through the nerves.


>Though the weird fleshy crawly clawed arm that J kept pointing to was kinda cool, he had to admit.


Arthur. My name is Arthur.

>He introduced himself again, eyes flitting back to exits as the problem had completely defused itself and now he was just...back to normal. Whatever passed for normal at least. That said, he needed to set the record straight on one thing. So Arthur shuffled and tried to get in an extra mumbled retort it.


...It wasn't a cockblock, I probably wasn't going to do it.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552955

File: 1549815875278.png (191.02 KB, 540x374, tumblr_inline_pi0cdqPj9u1ru0rw…)

>Canadian winters were rather infamous for those who didn't live there
>stories often spread of how they'd endure sub-zero temperatures on a daily basis, of snow going up to their waists, of blizzards that would pelt them every time they left the safety of their homes
>truthfully, it wasn't necessarily like that
>in some cases, it was worse

>the winter season following Christmas had been pretty rough going for the folks of Douglastown

>heavier snowfall a few weeks ago that left the area covered
>then a bout of freezing rain to turn everything into a veritable frozen wasteland
>then once that finally melted, another stronger snowstorm came that lasted far longer
>and once it seemed like they were free of that and the snow was going away, another one hit that was soon built up to be one of those legendary heavy snowfalls that did create those waist-high drifts
>but life had to go on in this small town, and they weren't going to let a little thing like snow stop them

>though as Albert dug the shovel into the mound of snow in front of him for the fiftieth time that day, he had to wonder


<"Of all the things these guys collect, couldn't one of them be a working snowblower?"


>Albert had been enjoying the heavy snow (if only because it meant he could stay home most of the time) but once it got this bad he knew people would need some help

>and once his parents caught wind that the Cannes needed their driveway clear so they could actually get to work, it wasn't long before Albert made his way out there
>most people would probably wonder why the owners of an ice cream shop would need to keep it open during the winter
>most people would find it odd that anyone would want to eat ice cream when there was a foot of snow on the ground, if not more
>most people were not aware of how good the Cannes family's ice cream was
>or the Patterson family's dairy, for that matter

>Albert soon came to a stop at the foot of the Cannes' driveway, shoveling one last batch of snow up and onto their lawn

>he then turned to look back at his work
>sure enough, he had dug a trench leading from the front door to the edge of the road leading into the town proper, with said road having already been cleared by the neighborhood snow plow
>only now Albert had to go back and clear up the second half of the driveway
>he sighed, hoisted up his shovel and started the trek back, really missing his warm bed around now

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552956

File: 1549817450293.jpg (17.64 KB, 198x273, dont talk to me.jpg)

>despite having lived here her entire life, Joanne could just never get used to the cold
>the freezing temperatures and smothering blankets of snow never failed to make her dream of sunny skies and golden beaches
>she wasn't necessarily in any rush to move out of Douglastown or anything of the sort, but if luck decided to throw her a helping hand one of these day, she wouldn't think about moving to Hawaii

>but such days were still but a dream, and Joanne had to deal with the ice cold reality of the present

>she'd known Albert had been working outside for the better part of the morning, but that hadn't been enough to pull her out of her bed
>partially because a small part of her still felt... strange seeing him around again
>she was pretty sure she was happy about it... but at the same time, she always had an issue with letting go of grudges
>for every thought of her wanting to hang out with him, there were the sudden thoughts of "you should still be angry at him", and the strange bitter taste in her mouth of somehow betraying her own beliefs, or something dumb like that

>stupid complex thoughts aside, it was also really fucking cold so she wanted to let her heater warm up her room before she actually dared venture onto the set of Frozen

>once the temperature was just right, she emerged from the warmth and safety of her covers and into the grueling task of washing and dressing herself like some kind of "sensible person" (aka: a dweeb)
>once the worst part was done, she slapped on as many layers as she possibly could to protect herself against the cold outside of her room, complete with a fuzzy scarf, gloves, and some old pink earmuffs she would never be caught dead wearing to school, but she couldn't find her regular pair and it's not like anyone would be venturing out here on a day like this anyway

>before she actually stepped outside however, there was something else she needed to do

>because despite all of those strange thoughts telling her she should still be angry at him, she didn't want to be and she knew it
>all it would take was for them to hang out more, let things slowly and naturally start to be the way they were, and those thoughts would all go away; she was sure of it
>>41552955
>so when she walked out in her best impression of the red M&M thanks to all the clothes she was wearing, she was carrying a tray in her hands
>and on that tray, freshly made and still smoking like something right out of a commercial, were two mugs of hot cocoa
<"Why does it never come out this nice when I make it for myself..."
>she looked over the striking white that had become her family's front yard, slowly following the cleared trail up to where Albert was standing
<"OK, just don't say anything weird and take it easy. You can do this, Jo..."

Hey, Mister Plow. You missed a spot.
>she called out, nodding her head slightly at the literal walls of snow she had to pass between on her way towards him

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552957

File: 1549820469803.png (1.62 MB, 1919x1079, Midoriya_tries_to_save_Bakugo.…)

>>41552956
>Albert looked up as he made his way to the Cannes' front porch, only to see the familiar face of Joanne approaching him
>then again, "face" was a bit of a generous descriptor, given the layers of clothing covering her, leaving only her eyes clearly visible beneath it all
>still, he was happy to see her, and while she may have bee internally questioning how she felt about him, he was blissfully unaware and was hoping things were finally back to normal
>he certainly wasn't thinking about anything besides that at all
>not at all about how much he'd like to be inside the house with her right now, cozying up someplace warm
>and not at all about how that conflicted with that kiss he got from Karen back around Christmas that he still wasn't sure what to make of
>nope, definitely not thinking about any of that!

>and the fact that he wasn't dwelling on any of that meant that when he spoke, the odd stutter in his voice?


R-Right, getting to it...

>that was just because of the cold!

>not at all for any reason besides that!

>he reached up and tugged his own scarf down, letting out a frosty breath after the fact, then carefully picked up one of the mugs that she had offered


Th-Thanks...

>he held the mug for a second or two, letting the heat from it warm his gloved hands, before taking a careful sip

>and then wincing because it was just a bit hotter than he expected it to be
>he lowered the mug and looked at Joanne again, and felt he should probably say something else

<"Just act natural, make a comment like you normally would here!"


...c-cute earmuffs.

>that probably wasn't the right choice to make

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552958

File: 1549821814097.jpg (69.12 KB, 640x360, tinkering.jpg)

>>41552957
>when Albert picked up his mug, Joanne was able to move her hand beneath the tray and balance it only with hers before picking it up and taking a sip
>perhaps somewhat ironically given her parents' job, even though Joanne couldn't handle the cold in the slightest, heat was something she never seemed to struggle with
>even with the foaming mug, she casually drank the cocoa which had essentially become her breakfas-
>"C-Cute earmuffs."
Kh-PFFFH!!

>the cocoa sprayed out of her mouth, but she had the wherewithal to turn head and allow the steaming beverage to spray over the snow (and almost instantly melt it down, given how hot it was)

>on second thought, it should've been painfully obvious he was going to mention those, and she really should've prepared herself mentally for that
>but dammit, why didn't he go with some stupid jab or something!
<"Stupid honest farm boy...!"

...

Th-They're not my usual pair.
>she turned her head again, her poker face remaining unshaken except for the very faint pink hue starting to travel up her pale skin
>but that could just as easily been the cold!
>or maybe the hot cocoa!
>there was a hundred and one explanations for that!
Pink stopped being a favorite color after the age of ten; go figure.
>she didn't hate pink; not by a long shot
>she'd just never admit it, and stick with select items whose pinkness wouldn't stand out all that much
Come to think of it, I think that's about how old these things are. I'm pretty sure I used these on a couple of field trips back in the day.

Either my parents bought these with the intention of lasting for a long time, or I haven't actually grown much since I was ten.
>there was a brief twitch downward with her eyes; a certain twinge from her subconscious realizing what she had said, and how easily it could apply to other things
>and the only thing stopping her from wanting to bury herself in the snow was the fact she was wearing so many clothes, hopefully Albert wouldn't be able to decipher that motion, if he had even spotted it

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552959

File: 1549823520953.png (2.03 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_uses_All_Might's_smile.p…)

>>41552958

-?!

>Albert jolted when the spray of hot cocoa shot out and hit the snow beside him, having to wonder if he just narrowly avoided getting his face burned

>clearly his remark was more effective than he anticipated, as innocuous as it was
>though why that was the case, he couldn't figure

>being a "stupid honest farm boy", he couldn't entirely tell why Joanne was acting as strangely as she was, or why she decided to reminisce on her childhood a bit

>though her comment on how she hadn't grown much seemed easy enough to respond to

What're you talking about? You've grown plenty!

>completely unaware of her internal musing, Albert took another ginger sip of his cocoa, then responded with a genuine smile:


I mean, you're taller than me now, for one!

>only slightly, but enough that Albert felt it worth remarking on

>not to mention it wasn't exactly a high bar to overcome

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552960

File: 1549824241799.jpg (27.82 KB, 146x553, bored now.jpg)

>>41552959
>thankfully, Albert let that one fly right over his hands, so she was safe for n-
>"You've grown plenty!"
>Joanne manged to stop herself from spitting out another mouthful of hot cocoa
>the alternative of simply choking on her drink was far more preferable than making an ass out of herself a second time
>his secondary comment earned a quick blink from her, Joanne left staring at Albert for a few seconds in her usual nigh-impossible-to-pierce poker face
...

Well, I guess when talking about people who haven't grown, you would be right up there.
<"That's your best idea of a joke? Really!?"
...

<"CHANGE THE SUBJECT!"

So... you've been out here a while now, and you've already done a lot; wanna step inside and warm yourself up?

It'd be kinda annoying if you lost any fingers on our front yard, and I'm sure my parents don't mind you taking a break.

And if they do, well, they're just confirming my suspicions they're taking advantage of our reunion to get a new workhorse around the house.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552961

File: 1549825242643.png (1.53 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_thinks_Mezo_saved_their_…)

>>41552960
>Albert's smile disappeared at Joanne's comment, only to be replaced by a petulant pout
>he knew he was short, his dad was short, but she didn't have to rub it in!
>it's not his fault he grew up in a neighborhood of Sasquatch descendants!
>and yes, that was his rationale and it probably always would be

>when Joanne offered to let him inside, he took a moment to think about it, but soon sighed and shook his head


I-I'd really like to, honestly, but I probably shouldn't.

If I do, you'd have to drag me back out here just to get the rest of this done.

>he took another sip from his mug, the cocoa having cooled just enough that he didn't feel like he was boiling his mouth every time he drank it

>then he looked to Joanne with a grateful expression

Thank you anyway.

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552962

File: 1549826251510.jpg (30.1 KB, 175x556, too cool for school.jpg)

>>41552961
>Joanne didn't have to fight very hard to suppress a chuckle at that pout, simply burying the lower half of her face back into her scarf
>she could certainly assuage Albert right now by admitting she's actually taken to using "special" shoes that help with her height slightly
>but that'd be admitting that she was even shorter than Albert, and that wasn't going to happen right now

>she blinked as he refused the chance to get out of work, which really only dug back into her head how different they were when all was said and done; she would have absolutely taken the chance to ditch work when asked

>even though her expression didn't show it, there was an odd warmth that cut through the biting cold around her when he gave her that grateful look
<"...stupid honest farm boy..."

Well, it's your fingers. Not going to tell you not to lose them if that's what you want.
>a subtle smirk twitched its way into the corner of her mouth
But you wouldn't have to worry about being dragged back outside; I'd throw you out if I had to. Wouldn't be the first time I'd pick you up like that.
>dragging Albert around had always been pretty easy for her
>of course, that was at least five years ago since the last time
>and sure, Albert was in the wrestling team
>but surely things hadn't changed so drastically that she couldn't still pick him up over her shoulders like before
>surely!

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552963

File: 1549827263114.png (1.65 MB, 1919x1079, Episode_5.png)

>>41552962
>this time it was Albert's turn to make a choking sound, having been mid-sip when Joanne made her comment about throwing him out
>he quickly swallowed the cocoa he had in his mouth, before coughing a couple of times, needing to clear his throat after the surprise jolt
>then he looked to Joanne with a surprised but disbelieving expression

R-Really? You think you could?

I-I would love to see you try, actually!

>he was probably just a bit too cocky for his own good

>anyone with even a hint of understanding of karma would know this was the prime opportunity for Joanne to prove her point right then and there
>if she really could, at least

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552964

File: 1549828281902.jpg (36.14 KB, 640x360, happy.jpg)

>>41552963
>Joanne blinked, not quite expecting that from Albert
>but it didn't shake the smirk off of her face either
>Joanne took another sip of her beverage, before grinning again
Is it a wrasslin' match you're looking for, Patterson?
>her grin only grew a bit more teasingly as she leaned in closer to him
Is "Maple Mayhem" coming out of retirement to take on his arch-nemesis, the Crazy Crow, one last time~?
>with a light chuckle and a hum, she turned around and began walking back the way she came from
I don't know... I think Mayhem has long lost the energy needed to run wild!

New Riviere!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552965

File: 1549829371468.jpg (589.09 KB, 1278x716, e58ebb8b788ce7e75206880e87215c…)

>>41552806

Even if she allowed herself to believe what happened after that, she'd probably have a hell of a time convincing anyone else in the precinct of what happened after she made that concession and subsequent suggestion:

The captain smiled.

"I think she does, as a matter of fact," he said, already reaching for the corded phone with light-up keys that had arguably been in service as long as the man himself had been. "If I remember correctly, she's talked to me about her before."

He froze for a second, this time demonstrating even more amazing facial dexterity but in the opposite direction as he frowned a bit. "... or was that Lamb?" he muttered to himself reflectively before shaking it off and resuming punching in the number for Division 13.

---

New Riviere was nothing if not a city of extremes.

The route that had taken Sally quickest to her destination had gone through the relative boonies of outside the city limits, then through the run-down repair shops and corrugated steel shacks of New Riviere's 'less dead,' in the parlance of the departments, and at last into the impossibly looming heights of the city's skyscrapers and intimidating loops of on-ramps and passing lanes. Street lights and the bright red neon of passing brake light contrails lit the rain-soaked asphalt as she made her way to the monolithic dome that was New Riviere's latest and greatest breaded circus. As demonstrated by the heist Sally had helped to prevent last week, Megalo Units were no longer just instruments of the peacekeepers: they had proliferated in the civilian sector as well, and like so many other creations before them, they had evolved into a form that no longer had to be restricted to dingy underground boxing rings and back alleys.

More than that, Megalo boxing was one of the biggest crazes to hit the city in a long time as far as spectator sports went, and the powers both on and behind the throne had made a suitably outlandish home for it to nest in.

The Shaft Corporation had had a large part in the stadium's creation, and so their yearly fundraiser was to be held in it as a means of both showing off and using the event as a soft opening, to make sure anything that did go wrong could be quickly and quietly quashed before the cameras arrived for the start of the season.

It was, as one of their coworkers in the precinct had called it, "some Game of Thrones shit," suitably blunted by however many champagne flutes and cheese platters the kitchens could reliably roll out over the course of the evening, and somewhere in there was someone (or someones) that knew about the mystery hybrid Labors that had jumped on that Futura shipment.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552966

File: 1549829442340.png (2.08 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku's_competitiveness.png)

>>41552964
>Albert blinked and leaned back as Joanne challenged his comment with a reference to their old play-wrestling days
>he couldn't help but wince a bit as he thought about that, especially with how far he went with his "persona"
>he wasn't going to bring up that he had the old mask he had made buried in his closet somewhere
>but just the fact that he remembered that made his face start to heat up
>so when Joanne started to turn away, he quickly chugged down the rest of his cocoa, then approached her rather quietly
>only to surprise her by wrapping his arms around her waist, and leaning over her shoulder to grin at her some more

You'd better finish your drink, Crow...

'Cause you're about to take flight again!

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552967

File: 1549830258063.jpg (143.56 KB, 506x900, annoyed.jpg)

>>41552966
>Joanne didn't make a sound, her entire body freezing in its tracks
>but in contrast, she was feeling the warmest she'd had in a long time
>she glanced aside, left staring at Albert's stupid grin over her shoulder
>his stupid... warm face, and... stupid breath right next to her neck
>and his stupid arm around her-
-!!
>Joanne swiftly brought her mug at her mouth, chugging down the beverage as fast as she possibly could
<"Stop thinking about it stop thinking about it stop thinking about it stop thinking about it-!"
>trying her best to power through the raging redness stampeding across her face, she stammered out a:
H-Hey! Ch-Ch-Cheap shot!
>she lightly bonked Albert's head with the empty mug
Wh-What, is this a heel turn or somethin'!?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552968

File: 1549831083206.png (2.92 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_Midoriya's_dorm_room.png)

>>41552967
>Albert kept his grin up even as it slowly dawned on him what he was doing
>the fact that he was now pressing Joanne up against him like this took on a rather different context than it did when they were younger, those pesky hormones of his quickly getting out of control as more thoughts entered his head
>he almost considered letting her go and just dropping the whole thing
>but Joanne hadn't specifically asked him to stop, and there was every possibility that'd just make things more awkward
>so he just had to focus on her comments and the light rap to his head and this would go fine!
>really!

C-Consider it more a p-preemptive strike!

I-I knew y-you would r-return to your evil ways, C-Crazy C-Crow!

>he had actually started to lift her at this point, though as gingerly as he could

>while sort of hoping that she'd start flailing or protesting or something so he had the excuse to stop

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552969

File: 1549831733455.jpg (62.24 KB, 640x360, big shock.jpg)

>>41552968
>oh god it wasn't working she couldn't stop thinking about it and now she felt like she was floating oh no was this lo-
>oh wait, Albert was just lifting her off the ground
<"Thank God-!"
>wait a minute, he was lifting her up?
>screw hormonal screeching; her fragile ego was in jeopardy!
L-Liar! D-Don't think just because you can lift me up now that you have any a-advantage!
>she started swinging her legs, beginning to flail against Albert's hold
>gently, of course, not actually wanting to hurt him or anything
Y-You're every bit as sloppy as usual, Mayhem!
>she reached with her hand behind her, grabbing hold of the back of Albert's head
You've opened yourself to The Cutter for the last ti-heeck!
>she then froze again
>the rather awkward way she was positioned
>the awkward way she just tried to put force onto Albert's head
>it only really served to press his face directly against her neck
>and her scarf wasn't all that thick either

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552970

File: 1549833609558.png (4.07 MB, 1920x1080, Momo_knew_Shota_was_lying.png)

>>41552969
>well she was starting to flail around, so clearly that meant he should put her down
>but she was still playing up the character, so maybe that was fine?
>not that he had long to ponder this, as Joanne grasped his head and pushed it down, seemingly preparing to use her famous finisher on him
>which she really shouldn't, but they never listened to those "Don't Try This At Home" messages anyway
>but as a result, Albert's face was now right in the spot where the neck met the shoulder, with only a thin scarf between his lips making direct contact with her skin
>which was naturally a far more important thing to focus on at the moment

-!

>Albert told himself not to focus on it

>not to focus on how easily he could kiss her right then
>not to focus on how, despite the layers of clothing between them, how her rear was pushing up against him like this
>not to focus on that sweet smell coming from under the scarf either, and wondering what the source of it was, and of Joanne possibly washing herself in the shower...

>since Joanne was still grasping his head, and he was still holding her, when he tried to step back he took her with him

>as such, when he stepped back into the heavy snow drift that made up her lawn, it was easy for him to slip a bit on the slow

-mmph!

>and give a muffled cry of surprise as he fell back, carrying Joanne down into the snow with him

Vanilla Braze!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552971

File: 1549835330265.png (523.1 KB, 702x527, creeped out.png)

>>41552965
>amidst the grand city's night lights, at least one person did not belong there
>not that one would know by looking at her; the short young woman could probably pass herself off as any rich tycoon's eligible daughter
>her dress, while simple, was no less elegant than the seven or eight figure dresses that quickly began amassing around the entrance to the stadium

>but appearances aside, she would never be welcome there under normal circumstances

>quite literally so; it was an unwritten rule that Division 13 was effectively banned from operating on the "nicer" sides of New Riviere
>but tonight was just as far from "normal" as she was far away from her more familiar stomping grounds

>as she stood there, slightly outside of the gathering crowds, she couldn't help but feel a bit... uncomfortable

>maybe because seeing all this wealth and decadence in one place only made the dichotomies present in the city that much more real than when she's just spending her time in the ghettos
>maybe because all of the fancy dresses and tight suits take her back down a memory lane she wasn't too keen on ever going back to; a lane ruled over by an overbearing and abusive mother who demanded only the best out of her daughter

>or maybe

>just maybe
<"Dammit, Sudan! You made the cast too tight!"
>the girl would probably stand out for a few reasons
>one of them being the fact her arm was tightly wrapped up in cast, held up by a sling around her shoulder
>she tried her best to sneakily twist her arm in an attempt to scratch that godforsaken itch on her forearm
>but she really just felt like cracking it open against the wall and dig into her arm with her teeth

>District 13, Vanilla Braze

>AKA: "Vietnam"
>AAKA: just 'Nam

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552972

File: 1549835713838.jpg (81.41 KB, 640x360, concern.jpg)

>>41552970
>a light squeak left Joanne's throat as gravity shoved both of them down into the snow after all of that
>she quickly blinked, staring up into the grey skies with a bit of confusion, but nothing really hurting
>she had a lot to break her fall after a-wait, shit!
Ah-!

A-Albert!
>she shifted her head slightly, and tried her best to push herself back up
>which was a bit difficult, not just because of all the snow around them, but also because of the mounds of clothing on top of her
>after all of her squirming, all she could really down as roll herself onto her side slightly to look down at the person underneath
A-Are you alright?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552973

File: 1549836948333.png (1.4 MB, 1920x1080, Tsuyu_All_Might_comparison.png)

>>41552972
>Albert lifted his head after hitting the snow, Joanne's weight having briefly knocked the wind out of him, and leaving him slightly dazed as he regained it
>he grumbled a bit, blinking once as he looked up at her and started to answer

Y-Yeah, I'm-

>only to stop and notice that Joanne was laying on top of him

>even if it was on her side, her face was now very close to his
>and his arms were still wrapped around her waist, albeit more loosely

.....

>his face was turning a rather bright shade of pink, even while he wasn't really doing anything to remedy the situation


y-yeah, I'm fine...

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552974

File: 1549837555253.jpg (17.64 KB, 198x273, dont talk to me.jpg)

>>41552973
>for a moment, Joanne felt nothing but relief to hear he hadn't hit his head against a rock or something
>for the next moment, the reality of their current position had finally dawned on her
>one moment later, she was question why she wasn't hurrying the fuck up in getting off of Albert with an apology
>thankfully, the fourth moment snapped her back into place as she realized outside cold very, and she quickly threw herself off of Albert and into the snow next to him
>a bit of flailing and squirming, and she managed to get onto her knees with some heavy breaths
>getting up onto her feet, her body was going into high-security lock down, her invincible poker face returning at full force as she turned to Albert and held out her hand to him
You should really get inside. In case you hit her head on something.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552975

File: 1549839069794.png (1.68 MB, 1920x1080, Eijiro_explains_his_quirk.png)

>>41552974
>the moment thankfully passed rather quickly, and Albert let out another breath once Joanne got off of him, letting the cold snow help to get his min off of what just happened
>though not for long, as it proved to be too cold for his liking, so he took Joanne's hand when it was offered and managed to get back up
>he was actually shivering a bit now, so her offer to come inside was a bit harder to refuse

...y-yeah, th-that'd be...n-nice...

>it was probably gonna be a while before he could come back out and finish his job

>unless he made an excuse and rushed back out quickly
>yeah, as soon as he appeared unhurt, he'd go
>simple as that
>...right?

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552976

File: 1549840166911.jpg (21.36 KB, 198x450, standing here.jpg)

>>41552975
>the inside of the Cannes abode had changed little over the years
>the old terrible wallpaper had finally been taken out after the grueling efforts of Mrs. Cannes, and the guest room had gained a dual-purpose as a secondary storage space
>but beyond that and maybe some new appliances, everything had remained much the same over the years

>the rather spacious living room especially seemed frozen in time

>the dining table was the exact same one, and still sitting in the exact same spot
>the television had changed, but the old equipment was all still there, from the stereo to the DVD player, and of course, the VCR and LaserDisk readers as well
>even the couch remained exactly the same, only now covered in plastic to keep any animal hairs out despite their cat not spending much time indoors as it was

>after letting Albert take his seat, Joanne rushed to put the mugs back in the kitchen before making her way back to the living room

>a quick check of the back of his head showed no signs of any damage, but she still felt it safer she kept him under watch for the time being
>the heater quickly being turned on, it would take a while before the room would be perfectly toasty, but at least they could rest assured knowing it was coming
>Joanne took off her jacket and one or two layers of woolly clothing before settling down on her rushing around
Sorry about that... o-outside, that is.

It was stupid of me to start thrashing like that.
>she took a seat on the couch next to him, trying to make her concern obvious
>but not being too successful, still keeping that strange monotone in her voice, and an unreadable expression on her face
Can I get you anything?

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552981

>>41552965
>>41552971

>like her partner for the task at hand, Sally was uncomfortable.

>unlike her partner, Sally was uncomfortable for the actual reasons in front of her.
>for one thing, stepping outside of her usual cozy station in the nicer parts of town always put a sinking feeling in her chest – guilty sympathy pains for the people on the bottom rungs.
>but if those parts of the city upset her, the scene in front of her scared her.
>Sally, despite what her coworkers might have assumed, was not naive. she tried to maintain optimism through everything she did in her life, sure. but at the end of the day, she always knew that so much of the shiny neon and chrome that made up New Riviere’s deepest tourist-bait heart was all a front.
>a front for things that her job required her to think about, as much as she wished she didn’t have to.

>and as Sally pulled into the only space she could find left at the furthest edge of the parking lot, it clicked just how out of her element she was.

>seeing her tiny beige hatchback flanked by valet-parked supercars and limos, and comparing her nicest (but still modest) church dress to the sea of designer outfits so fancy she felt like money was being subtracted from her bank account just for looking at them, Sally realized that she was walking right into the lion’s den, surrounded by the ill-gotten rich and famous.
>and she was about to start poking the lions with sticks and interrogating them about potential criminal ties.

>she quietly thought it through as she idly flipped the RSVP envelope she’d been given around and around in her hands.

>...well, she had to live a little sometimes, right? what’s the fun in life if you never take any risks?
>plus, it’s not like she’d get another chance to do this kind of cool detective movie stuff again, right?
>with her confidence restored, Sally stepped out of her car and began setting across the gargantuan parking lot, heading for the point she was instructed to meet with her new partner. in the meantime, she made sure to quadruple-check her jacket and purse for all of her most necessary essentials.
>phone, wallet, badge, radio, handcuffs, emergency calm-down flask that didn’t actually contain any alcohol, first aid kit, and most importantly, the thing that she’d feel downright naked without – heck, wouldn’t even feel like herself without; her trusty handgun, plus as many loaded magazines as she could fit into every spare nook and cranny of her person.
>it was demonstrable fact that Sally’s confidence and performance on the job was directly 1:1 correlated with how many rounds of .40 S&W were on her at any given moment.

>confident that her mental checklist had occupied enough time for Sally to finally reach the agreed meeting point, she began scanning the crowd for the girl she was looking for.

>fortunately, it seemed like the Braze family tended to have a pretty particular look to them, so picking Vanilla out wasn’t too difficult.
>or at least, who she hoped was Vanilla.
>so, not wanting to waste any more time than necessary when there was work to be done, Sally took a deep breath, put on her most polite smile, and stepped forward to get the other officer’s attention.

Excuse me, are you Vanilla?

>her body going on autopilot, Sally instinctively held out a hand.


I’m Officer Barrett, but please just call me Sally. I’m the one who was sent to work alongside you tonight. I’m sure we’ll make a great team! Y’know, Pam said a lot of really great things about you, and if there’s anyone whose judgment I trust, it’s her!
>Sally kept her hand out in invitation to shake, at least until her eyes started to slowly trail down to get a proper look at the other woman.
>and she noticed the cast.
>at which point, her hand sharply pulled away to cover her mouth, in the hopes of suppressing a nervous gasp.

oh my gosh I’m so sorry are you okay?!

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552985

File: 1549851511308.png (1.53 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_thinks_Mezo_saved_their_…)

>>41552976
>by the time they had made their way into the living room, Albert had removed a fair amount of his heavier layers as well, and was now sitting on that plastic-covered couch feeling just a tad odd
>he found it weird just seeing it the couple of times he'd been around to visit, but actually sitting on it just produced an uncomfortable feeling he couldn't quite put into words
>still, he tried to not let that show, focusing a little more on Joanne fretting over him
>that was also a rather odd feeling, but not an unwelcome one either
>if nothing else it reminded him that she really did care, even after all this time
>which helped get his face to heat up just as it had earlier

>despite himself and that he actually enjoyed the attention a bit, when she asked if he needed anything, he shook his head and looked over at her


N-No, I'm OK, really...

>he offered her as reassuring a smile as he could, feeling a twinge of guilt himself as he thought about how awkward she must've felt before


Sorry for...w-well, what happened...

W-Was kinda stupid of me...

Vanilla Braze!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552988

File: 1549871496330.png (472.19 KB, 700x527, thats nice.png)

>>41552981
>as she felt someone approach, that gave her something else to focus on besides her itch, thankfully (but she still really needed to find a fork or something)
>"Excuse me, are you Vanilla?"
...
>...
...
<"Oh, wait-!"
Ah, yes, yes!
>a bright smile quickly stretched on the young woman's face
>it had been a while since she last heard her real name being spoken out loud like that
Vanilla Braze, at your service! But please, just call me 'Nam! Everyone does, see?
>a few things might quickly stand out from the Braze girl beyond just the arm
>the first thing; Pam must've taken all the height of the family, because 'Nam was remarkably short
>"needing to look up to Sally" levels of short
>despite this, her tasteful black dress was quite good in showing off her rather well-toned arms; a very healthy-looking physique for someone that could be slapped across the face by Patty without the need of a chair
>surprisingly for a member of the infamous Tank Police, her skin was very smooth and lacking in any obvious tattoos, bullet wounds, scars, or tattoos made to look like bullet wounds or scars
>the cast was the obvious exception to this, and it certainly didn't look like it had been made in any reputable hospital, just being a large cocoon of plaster engulfing her forearm
>it wasn't uncommon for Division 13 to keep things "in-house", regardless of how much skill they actually had with any given subject matter
>contrary to popular belief, at least they hadn't tried open heart surgery yet with a bunch of power tools and superglue; that was just a rumor
>that was never meant to be surgery

>'Nam blinked as Sally low-key freaked out about her perceived faux pas, glancing down at her arm

>but very quickly grinned at Sally while waving a hand to assure her:
Oh, don't worry about it, don't worry about it! I'm perfectly fine, don't worry!
>she leaned in slightly at Sally to secretly whisper:
This is just "insurance", see~?
>she winked without actually explaining what she meant by that, leaning back before Sally could really ask
So you're the legendary Sally, huh? It's an honor to finally meet the woman Pam speaks so highly about!
>she held out her non-bound hand, quickly taking Sally's hand for a hearty handshake
Thank you for having me! I promise I won't let you down, sir!
>she then leaned in slightly again, her eyes already moving to scan the crowd around them
So, is there someone we should be on the lookout? I'm seeing a lot "familiar" faces already, see?
>and quite a few necks she'd like to wring as well

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552989

File: 1549872519199.jpg (36.14 KB, 640x360, happy.jpg)

>>41552985
>Joanne was very quick to shake her head at that
Don't apologize for that. I did taunt you into it.

...besides... it was still kinda fun.
>a soft smile finally pierced through the stony veil of her blank expression
I'm just glad you're alright. But do rest for a while here, OK? The snow's not going anywhere.
>she let herself relax a bit, crossing one leg over the other to rest her arms over her knee
...of all the things to suddenly remember, right?
>she chuckled a bit
I'm pretty sure I still have the Crow mask stored away somewhere after all this time... that's probably really dumb of me...
>granted, she did have the excuse of living with borderline hoarders
>but she was usually the one who had trouble getting rid of things due to emotional attachments, not them

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552991

File: 1549899041629.png (1.3 MB, 1366x768, Izuku,_Ochaco_&_Tenya.png)

>>41552989
>Albert, having little choice but to do as Joanne asked, tried to relax a bit more on the plastic-covered couch
>"tried" being the important term, given it wasn't so easy as that
>between the plastic itself and Joanne sitting oh-so-close to him, he was having a bit of a hard time fully relaxing
>thankfully, Joanne's remark about their little play-fight gave him something to focus on, and much to his surprise it was something he had an immediate response for

N-Nah, not at all!

...I-I mean, if it is, I guess I am too! I-I've still got mine in my closet!

>he paused, then looked even more embarrassed as he went on


P-Probably doesn't even fit me anymore, come to think of it...

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552992

File: 1549902259935.jpg (79.11 KB, 640x387, nice one.jpg)

>>41552991
>somehow, learning that Albert was still keeping something like that around didn't surprise her in the slightest
>"P-Probably doesn't even fit me anymore, come to think of it..."
I remember that mask being rather stretchy, so who knows.

You can always fish it out and find out, right?
>her soft and subtle smile turned into a slightly more mischievous grin
>because she knew exactly what to say here, and she had to stop herself from giggling at her own joke, as dorky as it was
M-Maybe it's about time Maple Mayhem comes out of the closet?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552993

File: 1549905256164.png (1.8 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_struggles_to_develop_his…)

>>41552992
>at first Albert missed the little pun Joanne made, still a tad embarrassed at the subject matter in question
>so her suggestion initially earned a standard response

Ehhh, I dunno about that...

I mean, it'd be pretty much social death if I ran around with that mask on and everyone knew it was me...

>ignoring for the moment the other mask he often wore


No, I think Maple Mayhem is gonna be in the closet for-

.....

>it was then that the pun dawned on him, and he regarded Joanne with a more disdainful expression


Har har har.

>he then gave her a little poke on her shoulder, even as he adopted a smirk of his own


"Crazy Crow" is in the closet too, just as a reminder.

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552994

File: 1549905877974.jpg (36.14 KB, 640x360, happy.jpg)

>>41552993
>Joanne snorted lightly with how long it took for him to finally get it
>and how cute; he even tried to turn it back around on her!
<"If it's war you want, farm boy...~"
>Joanne's smirk didn't leave her face as she faced Albert
>and very plainly and casually added:
Oh, she's done that already. Just a year or two ago, actually.
>she shrugged, leaning back against the couch as she left the implications of that comment hover near Albert's head for a bit

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552995

File: 1549906662108.png (1.54 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_asks_Hanta_and_Ochaco_if…)

>>41552994
>Albert opened his mouth to retort, but found that he couldn't quite form an answer as Joanne's reply was sinking in
>and he had to wonder just what that meant
>was she still making a joke?
>was she hinting at something pertinent?
>had he been crushing on a lesbian this whole time and completely misinterpreted those signs he'd been getting before?
>and did he just admit to crushing on Joanne?

...bwuh?

>by the time he had all those thoughts buzz around his brain, that really was the best response he could muster

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552997

File: 1549908386770.jpg (118.69 KB, 506x900, cheer.jpg)

>>41552995
>Joanne snorted a bit once more, clearly finding amusement in the prolonged silence indicating how she'd shaken Albert's tiny mind
Remember that foreign exchange student from a few years back? The french girl with the heavy eyeliner all the time?
>she shrugged her shoulders, still keeping a grin on her face
We used to hang out every now and then. And, well, natural curiosity peaked one night; you know how it is.
>she shrugged again with another snort
Don't get too excited with the mental imagery; it was just a bit of kissing.

Still, it helped break down a couple of walls, and just admit to myself girls are pretty cute...
>reaching up with her finger, she started twisting one of her "chords" around a bit absentmindedly
Guys can be cute too, of course. I'm still keeping my options open on that.
>she grinned, choosing to just continue teasing him with:
So no need to despair or anything, Patterson~

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552998

File: 1549910430145.png (4.07 MB, 1920x1080, Momo_knew_Shota_was_lying.png)

>>41552997
>Albert slowly nodded as Joanne explained what she was getting at, vaguely remembering the student in question
>despite her assurances, though, he couldn't help but imagine the scenario in question
>if only for a moment
>a moment that exaggerated the story juuuust a bit from what Joanne was saying
>with his face turning a tad red, he snapped out of it just in time to hear the rest of her explanation, prompting something of a distracted smile

O-Oh, r-right!

Th-That's a relief!

.....

>a pregnant pause then fell over the conversation


.....

>because Albert had slowly realized what he had just said

>and what that sounded like

.....

>and then contemplated how to write his note before he committed seppuku


>but for the time being, he just panicked and started to fumble out an explanation


I-I-I-I mean-! W-W-What I meant was-!

I-ah-th-that is to say-! I-I-I wasn't trying-!

>and didn't get much further than that

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553058

File: 1549995936352.jpg (17.64 KB, 198x273, dont talk to me.jpg)

>>41552998
>Albert saying something that loaded with subtext without think was actually not that shocking for her
>she practically expected it, and was entirely ready to just write it off another "dumb farm boy" moment of his
>what she didn't expect was for him to pick up on what he had said on his own
>and to react the way he did
>that definitely sent a few warning lights off inside of her head
>that defense mechanism of hers activated once more, the playful smirk morphing back into an unreadable flat line and quickly muttered:
S'fineIknowwhatyoumeant...
<"EXCEPT I TOTALLY DON'T WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT ALBERT!?"
>silence quickly fell back down between them, Joanne not wanting to risk opening her mouth further lest the deafening scream escape her skull

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553059

File: 1549999900600.png (2.92 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_Midoriya's_dorm_room.png)

>>41553058
>Albert wisely opted to shut up here and not run the risk of saying something else stupid and embarrassing

.....

>problem was, now he had no idea what to talk about instead

>he certainly couldn't ask for details about what she brought up, or to clarify what she meant
>at least not now

.....

>but he had no alternative subject to bring up either

>which meant he could only really do one thing

.....

>which was sit there, hands on his lap, an awkward smile plastered on his face

>as sweat dripped down from his brow and along his head and neck
>and the awkward silence only grew more and more

.....

<"Please God, if you're there, kill me dead right now."

Joanne Cannes!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553060

File: 1550000841853.jpg (65.28 KB, 640x360, seriously.jpg)

>>41553059
...

...

...

>silence


...

...

...

>deafening

>crushing
>silence

...

...

...

>until, finally, a voice cut through the thick lack of sound

>a french voice, calling out from somewhere in the house
[Joanne, dear? Could you come over here?]

Ah-!
>Joanne quickly turned, answering:
Y-yeah! Sure, mo-! [Yes, mom!]
>she shot back up onto her feet, but froze for a second before turning to Albert with:
I-I, uhh... I should go help... f-feel free to rest as long as you want, though!

Y-You know... make yourself at home and all... but... yeah, I should-... mh...
>with a light cough, she turned and quickly made her way out of the living room
>her head was a cacophony of shouting about what had just happened
>a lot of screaming about how embarrassing that was
>a lot of screaming wondering just what the hell it all meant
>and a few screams trying to guess how she really felt about it

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553061

File: 1550003034974.png (1.13 MB, 1920x1080, Katsuki_finds_Izuku_backstage.…)

>>41553060

-!

>Joanne's mother calling out naturally jarred Albert out of his highly-tense stupor, filled with thoughts of embarrassment and an eagerness to find any sort of exit from this nightmare

>so that bit of relief was welcomed, and he nodded stiffly as Joanne started to leave

U-Uh, r-right, th-thank you!

I-I'll probably go back out s-soon, so if I'm not in here, I'm...o-out there!

<"Obviously that's where you'll be, idiot!"


>true to his word, once Joanne had left the room, Albert quickly got back up and threw his extra layers back on

>anything to get his mind off of this cacophony of bad decisions and running his mouth
>and questioning what he really wanted out of this conversation
>and the thoughts about him and Joanne and somewhere cozier
>like her room
>under some blankets
>possibly sans clothing-

<"THOUGHTS BEGONE!"


>so he soon rushed back outside

>only to see that snow was falling again, meaning a good portion of the work he had already started was becoming undone

.....

<"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"


>it was gonna be a long day

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553096

>>41552988

>Sandy lightened up a little at Nam’s (Nam, got it.) insistence that her arm was fine. though she was going to question what exactly she had meant by “insurance”, her thoughts were interrupted by something else;

>properly taking a look at Nam from up close like this, she was… kind of adorable. she was just so tiny! even with her clearly athletic frame, Sally could plainly see that Pam was more than correct about how absolutely precious her cousin was.
>between that thought and the praise Nam was laying on her, Sally couldn’t help but start to get a warm in the face as she reveled a little in that comfy pillowy feeling of being flattered a whole lot by a cute girl.

>not that she had very long to linger on that thought though, as Nam leaning in again for another conspiratorial whisper instantly popped that cozy little bubble and brought her back down to earth.

Uh, right, right! Yes! Just, uh, one second!
>Sally let out a quiet exhale as she squeezed her eyes shut and her foot rapidly tapped against the pavement in concentration.
<Dangit Sally, focus! Get your head in the game! No daydreaming about cute girls or gumshoe fantasies!
<You are Officer Sarah Anne Barrett and you’re here on serious police business! No time to play around!
>Sally took another deep breath and reopened her eyes, facing her partner with renewed confidence and a much firmer, more serious tone.

Okay, I don’t know how much you already know, but to make sure we’re on the same page; a few weeks ago we stopped a heist from a bunch of composite super-Labors, and now we’re trying to follow up on the parts used to see if we can narrow down where the perpetrators sourced them from. I’ve got a list of people we should question in my purse, but priority number one is Shaderose. We’ve gotta tread carefully, okay?

Vanilla Braze!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553097

File: 1550171269380.png (464.05 KB, 698x527, I have a plan.png)

>>41553096
>'Nam listened in on Sally's game plan with the matching firmness and serious professionalism that Sally demonstrated, definitely quite unlike anything expected from the Tank police, of all people
>she hadn't actually been told much, but the details of what she was told certainly matched what Sally was saying:
>stitched up Labors attacked
>now find Doctor Frankenstein

>'Nam confidently nodded at the end

No need to worry, sir! Treading carefully is the first thing we learn at the 13!
>mostly because of any displaced live mines, but that was basically the same situation here, right?
>especially with Shaderose being involved
>it was just a different kind of minefield; one that didn't explode when you stepped on it, but just followed you to your car, shot you in the back of the head, dumped you and your car in the bay, blew it up, then payed off the coroners to make your official cause of death an unfortunate golfing accident

>but she wasn't going to let that overwhelm her!

>Officer Barrett handpicked her for the job, and she'd follow through with it even if the very gates of Hell were to open before them!
>that was the Tank Police way
Understood, sir! We're gonna bag at least one of these scoundrels before the night is over, see!
>she straightened up slightly, a cheery by confident smirk appearing on her face
>before she added with a quickly aside:
Dead or alive.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553098

File: 1550179594711.png (730.09 KB, 1080x1080, Izuku_Midoriya_headshot_2.png)

>so, Valentine's Day
>most years, Albert would just ignore this event as best as he could, which wasn't easy when the school was decorated for the event and everyone was all giggly and emotional, like they had temporarily regressed to grade school or something
>one of the downsides of living in a small town is that the school would play up most every holiday as a big deal, if only to spice things up around the neighborhood
>and as someone who had been dedicated to just ignoring as much of socializing as he could, this just served to irritate Albert

>but as of late, he had to give the holiday some thought

>last year, when he was first falling for Double, he actually considered buying her some chocolate, but before he could even decide if he wanted to give it to her anonymously or not, he chickened out
>now he not only had to think about her, but Joanne and Karen as well
>he still felt pretty strongly connected to Double, but still worried if even suggesting something between them wouldn't just make her life more difficult
>he was glad he was rekindling things with Joanne, but was there something more between them, or was it a result of his teenage hormones going wild?
>and what was that kiss from Karen supposed to mean, and was he overreacting by acting so awkward around her?
>was anything actually happening with any of them?

<"Why can't people just be more upfront about these kinds of things?!"


>in the end, as Albert trudged through the back door of the school, intending on taking his usual route home, he opted to give up

>too much to think about, too much left up in the air, and not enough energy to deal with it
>he'd just go home, curl up in his room, and try to wait until the day ended

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553099

File: 1550180376191.png (77.23 KB, 263x728, stand.png)

>>41553098
>the back entrance to the school wasn't used very often, especially at the end of the school day
>meaning Albert could keep up his loner act as freely as he so wished
>but also meaning it was even easier to catch him alone and helpless-!
Hey, dork. Gimme all your lunch money.
>a very familiar voice spoke up from behind Albert, the bored and lazy tone betraying whatever possible threat those words could convey
>and sure enough, leaning against the wall directly besides the door he had just opened, was the seemingly-perpetually-eating Double, munching on some potato chips
'Sup, Albie? You look even more in a rush to get out of this place than normal.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553101

File: 1550181045645.png (1.6 MB, 1919x1079, Izuku_Going_To_UA.png)

>>41553099

-!

>Albert wasn't so much alarmed by the joking threat

>if someone really wanted to try that, they'd be sorry in a hurry
>no, it was recognizing the voice that got him tensed up, given what he had just been contemplating
>still, he wasn't about to let that come across

>so he turned to Double and gave her a shaky smile, though he made it look like he was just cold by rubbing his arms as he did


O-Oh, hi Double...

Just...y'know, wanna get somewhere warmer, that's all...

What're you up to...?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553102

File: 1550181651727.jpg (28.9 KB, 600x341, I dont know.jpg)

>>41553101
>leaning off the wall with a slight stretch, Double walked forward and closer to Albert
>munching on a chip, then another, she didn't immediately answer, taking the few seconds to enjoy her snack
Oh, you know... ditching work. The usual stuff.
>tossing another chip into her mouth, she looked down at Albert with that lazy stare of hers for a few seconds
>whether because she could smell the bullshit in his words, or because she had just spaced out for a moment there, that would forever remain a mystery
...wanna go out for dinner or something?

I'm sure we could find a place with a working heater somewhere around town.
>another pause, the woman humming before a light shrug
Or maybe we just hit the drive-thru and eat in my car? That's what I already do, anyway. Never really liked eating in restaurants. Just a lot of forks and knives clanging, loud families, crying babies...

...

Basically what I'm saying is, we're going to the drive-thru. I was just being polite earlier.

Shaderose!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553104

File: 1550186842811.png (871.2 KB, 1277x714, e26c1c1f58acacdce6761210053645…)

>>41553096
>>41553097

Tron Legacy - Soundtrack OST - 07 Rinzler - Daft Punk

Speak of angels, and hear their wings flapping.

The general ambiance of the outside crowd suddenly spiked with movement and murmuring as a veritably convoy turned the corner, each sleek black vehicle practically gliding into the massive parking lot and fanning out into what was unmistakably some sort of phalanx since they now had the room to show off. In their middle was an equally sleek vehicle, impressive neon red highlights running along its chassis and leaving an impression on the wet pavement beneath it as well, but it immediately stood out from how it didn't seem so much to be built for this as it was... well, crouching. The struts in which the wheels sat on the elongated body, somewhat detached from the main body of the car, looked for all the world like folded up limbs, curiously removed from the main structure. The vehicle that looked like some sort of industrial limo purred as it pulled up in front of Riviere Stadium, one scissor door (because of course it was) sliding up to let out its passenger who, for how immediately she was practically swarmed by paparazzi and journalists that were either on some sort of personal crusade or just plain hungry for a promotion, didn't even bat one of the long eyelashes that oversaw coldly calculating expression and carefully tuned socialite smile.

Maybe it had something to do with the ring of bodyguards that appeared practically from nowhere to none-too-gently remind the more enthusiastic journalists where the outer boundaries of Miss Shaderose's personal bubble were located, or maybe it had something to do with the way her 'car' suddenly... well, stood up, the hood folding forward and the unmistakable silhouette of a Labor head emerging as fore and rear struts flexed and unfolded; it wasn't long before the supercar had revealed its unconventional shape to be a multi-purpose Labor, part bodyguard and part show of force, as it flexed its hands and its horn let out a droning rumble to announce both its presence, its intent, and the presence and intent of its owner. Shaderose smiled, though her eyes still didn't get the message, and waved for the crowd as she began to make her way to the door.

Fashionably late be damned. Now the party could start.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553105

File: 1550190814055.png (2.31 MB, 1920x1080, Shoto_says_he_worked_hard_on_h…)

>>41553102

...ah.

>Albert was already contemplating the implications of Double's question and what he should say, but when she made it clear the decision was already made, there wasn't much left to consider

>aside what this could mean, but really, it was probably nothing
>sure, he was gonna be in Double's car, alone with her, for an unexplored amount of time
>but they were just hanging out, eating fast food
>that was...intimate, but not romantic!
>right?

>Albert's smile remained shaky, but nonetheless he responded with an enthusiastic tone


W-Well, if that's the plan, who am I to say no?

>hopefully if he didn't draw attention to how his voice squeaked right then she wouldn't notice

>hopefully

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553106

File: 1550192685132.png (90.85 KB, 322x324, head.png)

>>41553105
>in lieu of a proper word-filled response, Double replied to the squeaky question the coolest way she knew how
>lifting her hands, she pointed both index fingers at Albert while sticking up both her thumbs in vague "gun"-like shapes, alongside a quick wink
>then starting to walk, expecting him to simply follow along

>the walk to Double's car wasn't lengthy, even though she kept it rather far away from the school, strangely hidden from sight

>but that was really only one of the many strange and elusive aspects of Miss Nevermore
>and even with (apparently) being her only real close friend, there were still many oddities Double wasn't forthcoming even with him
>Double's car, meanwhile, was entirely unremarkable; just a cheap two-door vehicle bought second hand, with curious dents and scratches all over the body and even the inside
>but much more noticeably, the inside of her car was a mess of (what else) food containers, wrappers, soda bottles, cans, etc...
>all manner of trash was tossed into the backseat, which at least left the front seats very clean, so Albert wouldn't need to wrestle against any waste

>despite the car's overall appearance, it had no trouble turning on even in the oppressive Winter cold

>and rather quickly, they were on the road to find a good enough fast food place to stave off Double's munchies
Man, the weather's still pretty awful, isn't it...? I nearly fell over and broke something early in the morning by slipping on some ice; that wasn't fun...
>her sleepy eyes slowly scanned the street, making a mental note of where they were, and how fast they could get to a restaurant
...I'm thinking chicken wings; that sound good to you?
>she "asked", but it certainly seemed like her mind was set
>especially when she quickly changed the subject
So, I don't mean to pry or anything, but I've noticed you've made a friend recently?
>she glanced aside at him with a light teasing smirk
The Cannes girl, huh? Is that why you've ignored your groupies all this time? Not your "type", Albie?
>with a slight theatrical sigh, she plunged in the knife all the way with:
Should I start getting jealous?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553112

File: 1550196434695.png (1.47 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_Midoriya_finds_out_he_pa…)

>>41553106
>as they approached Double's car, Albert found himself thinking about how there was still some things about her he didn't quite understand
>he could believe that her car was old, possibly used by someone else before, which might explain the scratches
>though how they got on the inside just raised more questions about what exactly happened
>but the discarded food containers and whatnot was rather...odd
>he knew that Double had a small place in town, so it wasn't like she was living out of her car or anything
>did she just eat that much?
>it seemed like she was often eating something whenever he ran into her out of class, so maybe she just had a really voracious appetite
>and was somehow one of those people who could eat tons of food but not gain much or any weight, given she still looked amazing
>and he really needed to not think about that right now

>so once they were in the car and heading off, Albert was briefly contemplating how to explain to his parents why he wouldn't need to eat dinner once he got home

>but then she went and brought that up

-!

>Albert tensed up and looked at her, already opening his mouth to explain

>and then:

>"Should I start getting jealous?"


<"Wait, what is that supposed to mean?!"


>Albert's face was turning pretty red in a hurry, and for a second or two he couldn't really make a proper sound, just squeaking weakly

>then he shook his head and hurriedly tried to give an explanation

H-Hang on a s-sec!

W-We just used to be friends when we were younger and started hanging out again!

Th-That doesn't...I mean, that's not...

>but given even he wasn't sure what was going on there, or what Double was asking him for, he couldn't form the rest of the sentence

>leaving things more confusing than before, most likely

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553114

File: 1550197229333.jpg (58.01 KB, 570x650, thats funny.jpg)

>>41553112
>Albert's whole demeanor quickly made Double start snickering out of amusement
>maybe the real reason he was so antisocial was because of how easy it was to mess with him
OK, OK, just relax! You can breath, Al, I believe you!
>she chuckled a bit, but quickly gave him a small-but-cheerful smile
I was just shocked to see you have a another friend. It was a long and grueling trip to get there, I can say that much.

So, good on ya, kiddo.But if you're thinking about including her in our secret clubhouse, she'll have to prove herself worthy.
>glancing out the window quickly, Double brought herself back from nearly zoning out again
>re-recognizing the street they were in, she quickly made the turn to continue on the path to food
How's life treating you besides that? Everything going alright?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553120

File: 1550199657717.png (2.31 MB, 1920x1080, I'm_Deku_anime.png)

>>41553114
>Albert had to wonder if including Joanne in their "secret clubhouse" was even a wise move, though that was an entirely different can of worms to avoid opening
>still, he did relax again...somewhat
>a part of him was still wondering just how much Double was really joking as far as all that went, but he tried not to give that part too much attention
>instead he opted to focus on her question, which helped him to relax a bit more

For the most part, I guess...

I told you that we were running into some money issues, but for the most part things haven't changed that much. I guess Ma and Pa are just being more careful with spending, or aren't really telling me what's going on...

K-Skye has been really helpful through this whole thing. I'm still kinda surprised she's staying even with her pay getting cut, though I probably shouldn't be by now...

>again moving quickly in the hopes his minor flub would be overlooked, he turned away from the window he'd been staring out of and returned his attention to Double


How about you? Anything new going on?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553121

File: 1550200994477.png (90.85 KB, 322x324, head.png)

>>41553120
>Double slowly nodded her head, simply listening to Albert as he spoke
Bah!
>she quickly let out
Your parents have been around the block for a really long time, Albie!

I've no doubt this isn't the first time they've had to tighten their belts, so they know exactly what to do to not let it affect their everyday life.

They'd probably know better than try and keep it from you too if things were really awful, right? They've never really seemed the type, anyway.

>she paused, absentmindedly licking her lips as she spotted the familiar building already in the distance

>and quickly slumping in her seat at the massive line in store for them
...OK, burgers it is...
>she quickly turned the car around in a way that probably wasn't allowed on that street, but well, too late to back down now
>settling back in her seat, she focused on Albert's question
Actually, yeah! Kinda.

My sister's stopping by some time later in the month, so I'm pretty excited for that. It's not that we're estranged or anything; far from it. But it's just nice to be able to see her again in person every time.

She's traveling all the way from India. Said her trip got cut short due to some kaiju business; nothing serious, thankfully, just messed up a lot of people's plans, so she figured she'd jump back here and visit before flying off again.

>she glanced aside at Albert

I think you'd like her. I could totally introduce you two, if you feel like taking a risk on making two friends this year!
>she chuckled a bit teasingly, but quickly added:
But really, she's always fun to be around with. She's every bit at home vegging out on the couch playing video games, as she is out in the wilderness climbing a mountain without safety equipment.

She was a wrestling champ too, believe or not! Maybe she could give you some pointers, or even a run for your money in a match!

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553124

File: 1550203815038.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_explains_Ms_Joke's_Quirk…)

>>41553121
>Albert didn't opt to give Double's reassurances that his parents weren't hiding anything much thought, considering how long it took them to even tell him there was a problem
>instead he focused on what she was telling him about her sister, and the more she said the more amazed he was
>he had to be impressed just by virtue of the exciting life she seemed to lead, but to find out on top of that that she seemed to be into much of the same things he and Double were just awed him more
>and the prospect of actually meeting her actually got him a bit excited

Holy crap, your sister sounds awesome!

When is she gonna be here?

>then he stopped, realizing that he was sounding just a little too eager to meet Double's sister, to the point that he worried a bit that he'd make her jealous

>even though he shouldn't because there was nothing happening between them
>right?

>so he gave an awkward cough and settled back in his seat, looking out the windshield again at the road ahead


I-I mean...if she's cool with it, and all...

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553125

File: 1550205251735.png (71.13 KB, 258x341, what.png)

>>41553124
>surprisingly, instead of some teasing jab or amused smirk, Double just... smiled
>a genuine smile aimed at Albert's excitement
>but then quickly turned into a chuckle when he tried to "smoothly" hide it
I'm sure she would; Athena loves to meet new people. A source of endless stress for a young Double who really got nervous around strangers, I'll admit.

But yeah, she's great! As for a date, we stopped trying to figure that out years ago. Athena gets distracted easily. Very easily, so she'll end up missing whatever date she gives me.

>shrugging her shoulders, she focused back on the road

I'll be sure to warn you when she's here, don't worry. She'll need someone to carry her luggage anyway, right?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553126

File: 1550206227863.png (1.92 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_listens_to_Eijiro's_plea…)

>>41553125
>Albert held his tongue at first, though he couldn't help but internally freak out a little more

<"Her name is Athena?! She literally sounds too awesome to be real!"


>instead, he intentionally took the bait of her last remark and looked back to her with an exaggerated offended look


Heeeey!

I'm not just a pack mule, y'know! You could ask if I'd help with her luggage instead of just assuming I will!

...I mean, I will, but you could still ask!

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553138

File: 1550256003304.jpg (21.94 KB, 305x518, I see you.jpg)

>>41553126
>at the exaggerated look of offense, Double countered it with a slight pout and big puppy dog eyes
"Pack mule"?

Albieee, do you really think that's how I look at you?

I assume you'll help because you're a proper gentleman!
>she further exaggerated her "hurt" look, adding a sniffle or two with rubbing at her eye with a finger
To think my own student would think so lowly of me that even my admiration would seem suspicious... aaah, where have I gone wrong!

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553139

File: 1550257439811.png (2.14 MB, 1920x1080, You're_next_Izuku.png)

>>41553138
>Albert responded to this by rolling his eyes and leaning back in his seat

Yeah yeah, sure sure...

>despite the joking nature of their little back-and-forth, a question found itself forming in Albert's mind

>and he wasn't sure if he'd asked it before, but given the day and their current definitely-not-a-date situation, maybe it was time to bring it up again

...hey, Double...?

>he took on a curious tone this time, looking to her with a similar expression, mixed with a little hesitation


Why did you start hanging out with me, anyway...?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553140

File: 1550258064286.png (90.85 KB, 322x324, head.png)

>>41553139
...?
>Double blinked, glancing aside at Albert a bit curiously
Kind of a weird question, but...
>she shrugged her shoulders
Isn't it obvious?

As a teacher, it's my job to make sure my students aren't going through any rough times, and to help them in whatever troubles they have.

So when I saw a grumpy sourpuss lettuce in my class, I did my job to try and get him to open up about himself and hopefully help him be more excited about school.

>she paused, then shrugged again

Well, OK, that was the idea at first... I'll admit, I kinda ended up forgetting that at some point.

You ended up being more fun to be around with than I thought, so before I knew it, I just wanted to hang out more often because of that.

I guess technically, I still ended up doing what I set out to do anyway, so I'd call it a success.
>she glanced at Albert again
...why do you ask?

Are you seriously that surprised anyone would find you enough of a lovable dork that they'd want to hang out?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553141

File: 1550260126973.png (1.07 MB, 1080x1080, Deku_headshot_2.png)

>>41553140

<"...sourpuss lettuce?"


>Albert briefly wondered what the reasoning was behind that descriptor, but otherwise didn't say anything until Double was finished

>and when he did speak, he sounded just as hesitant as he did when he first prompted the question

No...

...well, actually, kinda...?

>he reached up and scratched his head, glancing out the window as he tried to better explain his thoughts


I mean, I don't exactly have many friends for a reason...even if I can't figure out what that reason is...

So someone just walking up to me, let alone one of my teachers, and asking to hang out all of a sudden is still weird to think about, even now...

>then there was that niggling worry about how he was inconveniencing her somehow by doing this, if only because rumors could spread and her job could be at risk

>but that was probably ill-advised, given he'd make some assumptions to even consider that
>he looked back to her with a growing nervous look, now worried he was offending her somehow

I-I mean, I'm not saying I don't believe you or anything...

I guess I am just...surprised, still...

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553143

File: 1550277796730.png (71.13 KB, 258x341, what.png)

>>41553141
>Double hummed curiously, but her expression didn't indicate any offense or anything of the sort
>she seemed to ponder about what Albert was saying, remaining silent right until they pulled up into the line for the drive-thru
>this one was much shorter, but it would still probably take a few minutes
I don't think you should be surprised, but I can understand why you'd feel that way all the same.

I can safely tell you there isn't really anything wrong with you. You can be very stubborn, but everyone is when being forced out of their comfort zone.

But you hang out with me just fine, and I'd assume the same goes for the Cannes girl. The only reason I see is just that either you or someone else never gave any interaction the proper time to develo-
>Double was cutoff by the screeching noise of the intercom next to her as they reached that part of the course
>her order was made quickly, relatively speaking, since it was a rather lengthy order
>probably not surprising, given all the trash in the backseat, she knew exactly what to order
>so used was she to this that she nearly forgot to give Albert time to order, but caught herself in time
>once that was finished, it was back to slowly inching forwards towards the pay window
>or whatever you call it

Well, my point is, relationships pop up with little rhyme or reason. There are people you'd never assume had anything in common who turn out to have everything in common, and people who have nothing in common who are the best buds around.

You can never guess when something will work out or not, so there isn't much point in worrying about, right?
>she glanced at Albert with a small smirk
As long as you like hanging out with that person, that's all that matters, isn't it?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553144

File: 1550279260182.png (545.73 KB, 917x917, Izuku_Midoriya_school_headshot…)

>>41553143
>Albert leaned over once the intercom came on and gave his order rather carefully
>chicken burger with hot wing sauce, fries and drink, naturally
>despite being connected tangentially to The Red and knowing about the circle of life and all of that, and generally being accepting of it, he was still a dairy farmer
>so he wasn't gonna be eating beef any time soon

>once Double finished speaking, he still had to wonder how she could be so cavalier about this sort of thing

>considering everything looked like an emotional minefield not worth stepping into from his perspective, it was still strange to be a part of something that most would look at as taboo
>even if they weren't doing anything really taboo
>maybe this was just something that came with growing up?
>a confidence that let one comfortably enjoy the things they wanted to and be with the people they wanted to without fear of ridicule from others?

>no, that couldn't be it

>plenty of adults were concerned about how they fit into society as a whole and keeping up appearances
>though they just didn't have that same confidence Double had
>so either she was more mature than they were, or she was just lucky
>either would sound about right

...man, I envy you sometimes, Double.

It's almost like nothing phases you. You just...are who you are.

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553146

File: 1550280401894.png (80.1 KB, 292x324, what is it.png)

>>41553144
>Double didn't answer immediately, a finger slowly tapping on the steering wheel the closer they inched to the window
>there was a slight wrinkle to her brow, as if she was trying to go over what to actually tell him
>whatever was going through her mind, it took a while before it finally came out
>and with the benefit of hindsight, she'd later realize she should have probably given it a bit more thought before saying:
Don't. I'm not someone you should envy.

>without building up on that, she focused on the window and the person behind it

>paying for the meal was no issues, and despite her large order, they didn't have to wait much longer
>two bags were quickly handed over, which Double quickly shoved onto Albert's lap, and soon after, they were finally out of the drive-thru

>letting out a light sigh, Double stretched her arms slightly

Finally...! I'm already starving...
>she glanced aside at Albert, before reaching with her hand
>fishing inside one of the bags on his lap, she picked up one of the three bags of nuggets from her order and placed it on her lap
I know I place where we can enjoy this food in private.
>she quickly tossed a nugget into her mouth, already turning the car and starting to head the opposite route
It'll be a bit of a bumpy ride getting there, so make sure you hold on to the drinks when the road cuts out.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553148

File: 1550281950586.png (2.26 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_thinks_about_the_Room_Ki…)

>>41553146

...?

>Double's response was definitely a curious one for Albert, and one he really wasn't sure how to process

>and he was still trying to even as she gave him the food to hold onto as she drove away

R-Right, sure...

>he kept watching her as they drove along, not really paying much attention to the road or the food, instead trying to get an idea of what was going through her head


>it was painfully clear that there was still a lot that Albert didn't know about her, and she wasn't being all that forthcoming

>much as Albert did want to know now, if only to see if something was wrong
>though he knew he shouldn't hold it against her; he had a pretty big secret of his own, after all
>but now the question entered his head
>should he tell her about that?

>it wasn't as though he didn't trust Double with that, he knew she'd keep it secret

>but it begged the question of if perhaps he was putting too much stock in their relationship as it was
>Karen found out, but a) she was a fellow superhero, and b) she was living under his roof, so it was less of a big deal that she knew
>if he willingly revealed himself to Double, what if it scared her off because it was too much?
>what if he made it sound like their relationship was more serious than it actually was and she backed off because of it?
>surely she must have other friends she connected to, and whether or not they were that close...

>or maybe he was thinking too much about this

>right now he wasn't going to say anything, for fear of upsetting or offending her still
>if she wanted to be more forthcoming, that was her choice
>much as he wanted to know

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553149

File: 1550282488305.jpg (58.01 KB, 570x650, thats funny.jpg)

>>41553148
>trip went on, Double getting further and further near the town's limits
>and sure enough, as she had warned, she'd turn the car onto a worn down path through the trees at one point
>without any asphalt beneath them, and the path apparently not being used very often, the ride was quite bumpy for a good portion of it
>but soon enough, they'd come across a pleasant little clearing next to a small cliff overlooking much of the woods surrounding Douglastown

>Double snickered a bit, glancing around the area to make sure nobody was around

I just know one of these days, someone else will find out about this spot other than me... but until then-
>she turned to Albert with a slight grin
I'm trusting you with the secret, got it~!
>she quickly reached for her bag of food, already preparing to chow down on everything

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553173

File: 1550326972286.png (1.47 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_class_president.png)

>>41553149
>Albert managed to hold onto their food as they rode through the bumpy terrain, though he practically had to hold both paper bags out in front of him to avoid any catastrophes
>once they came to a stop, he looked out the windshield over the clearing ahead of them
>though he found himself staring at the cliff a bit more and trying not to be too nervous over that
>he handed Double her bag after they had stopped, though he was still looking at the environment around them with mild hesitation

How did you even find this place to begin with...?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553174

File: 1550328635309.png (90.85 KB, 322x324, head.png)

>>41553173
How else?

I got lost, of course!
>she chuckled, quickly taking a bite out of her first burger
Despite how it might look like, I enjoy taking a few walks out in nature now and again.

One time I just lost track of myself and ended up here. I noticed the tracks that were already here, so I'm not the first one to discover this place. The tracks led me back to the road, and since then, whenever I feel like having some peace and quiet, this is where I come to.

>she glanced at Albert mid-chomp, teasingly adding with her burger still in her mouth:

Ar' yew shcawed, Awbeht~?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553175

File: 1550331928118.png (2.08 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku's_competitiveness.png)

>>41553174
>Albert started rummaging through his bag to grab his chicken burger, not giving Double's response too much thought to question it
>he reminded himself that he still didn't know a lot about her, so her wandering around the woods by herself wasn't too hard to believe
>even if this was pretty far out of the way, so he just hoped she had the sense to find this spot when it was still relatively warm out
>before he actually took a bite of his meal, he looked to Double following her teasing remark, and opted to smirk a little and reply in kind

I dunno...

Do I have a reason to be scared...?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553176

File: 1550337109396.jpg (71.68 KB, 540x676, evening.jpg)

>>41553175
>Double shrugged her shoulders, carefully chewing her food and swallowing before answering
You're the horror movie geek, aren't you?

The sun's setting...

A lone car out in the wilderness...

Nothing but trees and the silence of the woods surrounding the blissfully unaware couple...

Who knows what lies in the growing shadows... watching... waiting... creeping ever closer with a shiny blade in his hand...

>she paused, then gave another shrug

Or, I dunno, maybe the cliff gives in from the weight of the car and we plummet down to the bottom.

Either or.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553177

File: 1550338342343.png (1.4 MB, 1920x1080, Tsuyu_All_Might_comparison.png)

>>41553176
>Albert was mostly unfazed by Double's little story that she was painting here, already starting on his own meal as she spoke
>he wasn't the least bit worried about some homicidal maniac trying anything with them, aside maybe some fear about Double discovering his secret
>instead his expression flattened at the thought of the cliff breaking underneath them, swallowing the mouthful of chicken he had before speaking

Yeah, I was trying to not think about that possibility...

So yeah, that's a suitable reason...

>he then started sipping his drink, only for one of Double's comments to actually sink in

>"the blissfully unaware couple..."

Kaff-!

>and then he stopped drinking and choked just a bit on his drink, reduced to a coughing fit as he was left to ponder just whether or not that wording was intentional and what that meant and oh God here we go again

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553178

File: 1550338815098.jpg (58.01 KB, 570x650, thats funny.jpg)

>>41553177
>Double sipped from her own drink, ignoring the coughing fit coming from the next seat
Don't worry too much about it. I've been coming here for months, and it looks perfectly safe.

I'm not dead yet, anyway.
>reaching down, she leaned her seat down slightly, making herself more comfortable as she leaned back with a relaxed sigh
That's the good stuff...~
>taking another bite out of her burger, she glanced aside and asked:
Wanna catch a movie or something after we're done?

I'm feeling strangely allergic to my apartment today; not sure why.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553179

File: 1550342720170.png (1.16 MB, 1438x782, Gunhead_agency_choice.png)

>>41553178
>Albert was still recovering from his little choking fit and minor emotional crisis, so Double's request was given a brief, distracted response as Albert cleared his throat

S-Sure, s-sounds good...

>it was only after he said this that it sunk in what he was agreeing to, which just caused him to start to panic some more

>dinner and a movie was practically the textbook date, making it that much harder to say that this clearly wasn't one
>especially depending on what they see
>which probably wouldn't be anything cheesy or romantic but what if though

>Double's latter comment was still hanging there, and if it could get Albert's mind off of this, all the better

>so he opted to take that niggling thread and see where it went

I-Is everything OK?

With your apartment, I mean?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553180

File: 1550343710704.jpg (28.9 KB, 600x341, I dont know.jpg)

>>41553179
>Double shrugged, already munching on some fried
I guess so...?

Nothing's broken or anything, but I guess I haven't cleaned it in a while either...

Maybe the smell's starting to get me or something...
>she paused for a moment, but simply continued with:
Whatever the case, I don't feel like going back there just yet.

God help me, it actually feels good to stay outside! With good company, of course.
>she looked at Albert with a slight grin, but then asked:
Are you sure you're alright, though?

I don't want to keep you from going back home or anything like that!

It's not like it's my birthday or anything important anyway, so don't feel obligated to just agree to whatever plan I throw your way, man.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553181

File: 1550346475796.png (2.03 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_uses_All_Might's_smile.p…)

>>41553180
>Albert had to wonder just how often Double really cleaned her place out
>given what he'd seen of her place when he went to visit, or played the pack mule role as he often did, he was fairly familiar with her somewhat messy habits
>which raised a number of questions, but given his own hoarding habits and knowing Joanne and the Cannes', he couldn't very well judge her for it

>he slightly shook his head at her question, offering her a smile that wasn't at all shaky or nervous, promise


N-No, you're not keeping me from anything!

I didn't have any plans besides going home and sulking a bit, so I'm happy to be here!

>he paused to take another bite of his chicken, quickly downing it before speaking to her again


And hey, if you need me to come by and help clean your place up or anything, you know I'm willing!

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553182

>>41553097
>>41553104

nnnnno, nam. just alive, we can’t-

>before Sally could finish admonishing her for that, she found herself interrupted by the sudden commotion around them.

>well, they’d spoke of the devil.
>whether Sally’s internal monologue meant “the devil” figuratively or literally, even she wasn’t entirely sure.
>as the weird fancy Labor-car pulled to a stop and dropped off its passenger and the onlookers started to swarm Shaderose, Sally drifted back into the fringes of the crowd, dragging Nam along with her; partly out of a nervous desire to get some breathing room, but also out of not wanting to let any of Ms. Legally Upstanding CEO’s security detail catch the tense, suspicious glare Sally was shooting her way.

>geez, they were really about to do this, huh? just start poking right at the most dangerous open secret in this city?

>sure, officially Shaderose had nothing to hide, and there was theoretically no real risk in asking her what she knew. but it’s not like anyone in the NRPD actually believed that. it’s just not possible to get that high up in this city with clean hands.
>realistically, best case scenario was that she would just brush Sally and Nam off as a pair of naive wide-eyed rookies who hadn’t learned how New Riviere works, and would just call a few favors for favors to have their investigation suddenly pulled out from under them.
>but on the other hand, Sally had a bad feeling that she wouldn’t be feeling safe going to sleep for a good few nights after this.

>not that that was about to stop her.

>Sally Barrett may be a nervous anxious wreck of a person ready to have a heart attack every time a stranger looked at her, but she is sure as heck not a quitter.
>watching as Shaderose and her goons pushed through the crowd with that cold, dead smile, Sally reached in to her purse, withdrawing the RSVP the Chief had given her.
>she stared at the envelope in her hands for a few moments, then took a deep breath and faced Nam with the best smile she could manage.

You ready?

Vanilla Braze!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553183

File: 1550347848931.png (498.78 KB, 702x527, for a better tomorrow.png)

>>41553104
>the black limo's arrival couldn't be any less subtle if it had come accompanied by circus performers blaring "March of the Republic" in oversized brass instruments
>for a brief moment, even as she was dragged into the fringes of the crowd by Sally, the senior officer might've spotted a much harsher look on young 'Nam's face
>perhaps talking about Shaderose and seeing her in person were two very different things for her
>when confronted with someone with that many stories and that deafening of an aura, it would probably make the stomach of any bright-eyed young rookie with dreams of fairness and justice turn like crazy
>or more likely-
<"How is that THING road legal, but my precious Iron Savior is a hazard!? This is an outrage!"
>a heavy and gruff snort left her nose; if Sally hadn't been guiding her, she had it in her right mind to start causing a scene
>but cooler heads were to prevail, thankfully, and as she was addressed, 'Nam was quick to turn to Sally
>she nodded her head in lieu of a verbal answer, letting the firm and determined glare on her face do the talking
>her pride as a police officer was at stake if she were to back out now, and she'd sooner die (knock on wood!) than turn tail now!

>as far away from home as she was

>and even if she was about to walk straight into Hell, and meet the devil herself
>whatever nerves she felt were only going to make her that much sharper and more focused than she'd ever been in her life
>the fact she was gripping a bit tightly on Sally's hand was for extra focus; honest!

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553187

File: 1550358390561.png (80.1 KB, 292x324, what is it.png)

>>41553181
>Double kept staring at Albert for a few seconds
>she still had her smile, but she seemed curious
>that shaky smile of his wasn't very subtle, so she could've easily spotted it
>and after just enough time had passed to make her staring uncomfortable:
What's on your mind, Al?

Your teachers have been talking about how you seem a bit distracted lately. Well, more than usual, anyway.

Is it just worrying about the farm? You know you can talk to me about whatever you want, right?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553188

File: 1550360874057.png (3.72 MB, 1920x1080, Mutter.png)

>>41553187
>Albert jolted at Double's question, obviously not prepared for it
>never mind that Double could tell something was up, but that his other teachers could figure it out just made it worse
>he was that obvious about what he was sitting on?
>was anyone else suspecting him of something?

...w-well...u-uh...

>now it was just a question of what to tell her

>even if he wasn't about to confess to her - which he probably wasn't - he didn't think bringing up Joanne or Karen and his conflicting feelings therein would be in good taste
>as for Cryptid, a part of him was still worried he'd push her away by entrusting her with a secret that big
>but if he didn't tell her something that'd just do the same thing, wouldn't it?

...I-I mean...th-there's a lot to think about...

>very much true


And yeah, the farm is part of it...

>also true


>but Albert hesitated for a moment, worried that even revealing this much would tip his hand

>hence why he looked away as he went on

I-I mean...y-y'know, this time of year and all...what goes on at the school around now...

Just kinda making me feel...lonely...

In a...specific sorta way...

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553189

File: 1550361364057.jpg (58.01 KB, 570x650, thats funny.jpg)

>>41553188
>Double didn't push for Albert to talk, simply letting him get it out at his own pace
>and it took a while before he got anything out
>she kept her stare on him, a careful and soft smile still on her face
>as much as she liked to tease him, she was capable of actual sympathy for the guy
>so she slowly nodded her head, picking up another piece of chicken nugget
Worried you won't find a date in time for Valentine's?

I'm pretty sure your groupies would be fighting among themselves right now if they heard you...
>she chuckled a bit, tossing the nugget into her mouth and quickly swallowing it
>and clearly entirely unaware of the actual date, and the meaning thereof

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553190

File: 1550362777926.png (2.92 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_Midoriya's_dorm_room.png)

>>41553189
>Albert wasn't sure if he should be relieved or disappointed that Double didn't pick up that he was kinda-sorta on a date right now, and initially just gave an awkward laugh as he answered

Please, I'm not that desperate...

>despite his disliked wrestling popularity, none of the girls that made up his "groupies" had actually left any sort of Valentine's cards or gifts for him, which perplexed him

>could be that he came off as so aloof that they got the message
>could be that they were more content to admire him from afar
>or it could be that he actually grossly overestimated just how much unwarranted attention he got
>regardless, that little reminder just kinda twisted the knife on how much he disliked this holiday

...I mean, if I was going to...

I'd much rather do that with someone I...w-well, liked...

...y-y'know...

>Albert probably should've realized that he was speaking without thinking now, but the words were stumbling out of his mouth and there wasn't much he could do to stop them

Shaderose!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553191

File: 1550364861601.jpg (346.45 KB, 1272x714, 874423caf62702d2aefda91ea414a2…)

>>41553182
>>41553183

As the two officers wrestled with what they were about to go up against, the CEO of the most powerful corporation in New Riviere was walking up the main steps to the stadium's auditorium, where the majority of the guests for the evening had presumably already gathered. Watching her almost effortlessly weave the gauntlet of old friends of the family and the pressing horde of flash bulb photographers was akin to watching someone dance through raindrops. A smile here, a handshake there, an almost assuredly calculated snub there that would be reported in tabloids for the next few weeks.Hers was the walk of somebody that owned everything she surveyed.

And to be fair, even if she didn't, she could if she put her mind to it.

Her ascent slowed almost imperceptibly for a moment as she felt her metaphorical hackles rise. It was possible she could indeed tell when something was off in the temperature of the room, as it were: it was probably a talent or a skill honed by anyone who made it as far as she did in this city. She didn't just glance sidelong at the two of them: Shaderose went as far as to turn her head slightly to get more than a peripheral look at them, but her expression as she leaned over to whisper a question to one of her retinue remained carefully neutral. An equally unintelligible (from this distance, anyway) answer seemed to satisfy her, and the moment passed as she made her way inside.

At least they'd made a good first impression?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553209

File: 1550417786420.jpg (57.58 KB, 570x650, its good.jpg)

>>41553190
>a light snort left Double, but she quickly caught herself
S-Sorry, sorry!

I didn't mean to laugh, honest! I just wasn't expecting this from you, of all people.

>she leaned back on her seat with a small hum

I always figured you'd be one of those people who'd grumble and growl over "fake holiday created by the greeting card companies"...
>looked over at him, she gave a little grin while reaching over to poke his cheek
But I guess there's just a big romantic side hiding under all that thickness, isn't it~?

>she then paused, taking a sip from her soda, and quickly adding:

...so, is there someone like that?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553210

File: 1550419742894.png (1.3 MB, 1366x768, Izuku,_Ochaco_&_Tenya.png)

>>41553209
>Albert didn't really let Double's little snort bother him, taking a sip of his own drink while she spoke
>but then she asked that question he let out another choking sound, and resumed coughing for a little bit

Kaff-!

>he was already getting pretty red in the face over all of this - not the least of which her comment about his "thickness" - but flat out asking if there was a certain someone in his life was a tad too much

>and it further made him wonder just what her mental state was right now
>did she genuinely not know what day it was, or was she purposefully teasing him to get him to say something?

>after clearing his throat again, he looked to Double with a pretty bright red face, really having trouble getting out a response


I-I...u-u-uh...w-well...I-I-I mean...

...i-it's...complicated?

<"Way to wimp out, Patterson."

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553211

File: 1550420551139.png (71.13 KB, 258x341, what.png)

>>41553210
>Double's grin grew a bit as she snickered, seeing Albert get so flustered over this subject
When isn't love complicated...
>she sighed a bit wistfully, sipping at her drink again
Well, I won't try to dig into it any further. You look just about ready to have a heart attack as it is.

You should have a bit more confidence in yourself, though! Chicks dig honesty, and you won't get anywhere simply pining from a distance.
>finishing up her cheeseburger, she quickly moved to unwrap the chicken burger she still had lying in wait

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553212

File: 1550421729734.png (1.1 MB, 1366x768, Insecure_Izuku.png)

>>41553211
>Albert was still recovering from his momentary meltdown, only to have that feeling of embarrassment replaced with a definite one of guilt
>he knew he should be honest about how he felt, but now that those feelings were conflicting with other feelings, he didn't even know where to start
>how could he confess to one of them while still feeling something for the others?

.....

>maybe

>just maybe
>if he was careful about it

...w-what if there was...erm...

More than one...?

Double Nevermore!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553213

File: 1550424304420.jpg (29.22 KB, 600x341, what is that.jpg)

>>41553212
...

...

...

...

...

...

>Double slowly turned her head, mouth still open from getting ready to bite down on her chicken

>she was left staring at Albert, clearly a bit stunned by the revelation
...

...

...

Well... puberty's catching up for lost time.
>she lowered her food, thinking for a few seconds
That's always a sticky situation, isn't it...

>she hummed again, trying to think of something responsible to say

...the first thing you have to do is make sure you actually feel that way towards them.

"Spending time with this person are some of the happiest moments of my life" is a very different set of emotions than "she's hot and makes my body tingly".

...hrmh...
>she scratched her head, clearly a bit at a loss for advice
W-Well, the important thing is to not try something stupid and sitcom-y, like dating all of them at once to find out which you like best!

B-But I figure that's not something to really be concerned about with you.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553214

File: 1550428946395.png (120.98 KB, 224x590, Mirio_meets_Izuku.png)

>>41553213
>sadly, Albert didn't seem any more sure about what to do than he did before
>not that he didn't understand what Double was saying, but confirming that he had to be sure before making a choice just made it all that worse
>he wasn't sure, and he had no idea how he'd be sure
>he didn't want to diminish things with any of them, which meant it was probably safer just to do nothing
>but he still wanted that feeling with someone, as nebulous and hard to understand as it was
>and they must want it too, right?
>no one wants to be totally alone, do they?

>in the end, all Albert could do was sigh and slump against his car seat, no closer to an answer than he was previously


...I guess I just gotta think on it some more...

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553215

File: 1550437047223.jpg (55.33 KB, 249x599, be careful.jpg)

>STAR Academy was a large place
>some would almost call it too large, really
>but as one of the few institutions in the world equipped to handle those who ran through its halls, the Academy needed to be ready at a moment's notice
>through endless, maze-like paperwork of bureaucracy and connections, STAR's arms welcomed in those in need from all corners of the globe
>the school had to be large, because it seemed like each year, more and more cases were found of young metahumans awakening their powers
>because of that, the Academy had to keep growing and evolving, to suit the needs of everyone who came to them, and to help them at their best

>the large student population made strange faces a remarkably ordinary thing

>even the older students could still be surprised to find a stranger who's been at the school every bit as long as they have
>whether they were joining up with their new classes, taking special remedial lessons in order to catch up, or simply being watched over by the labs
>STAR Academy was filled with many, many, many interesting people, and for the most part, meeting a brand new student was a source of excitement

>because at the end of the day, everyone knew why they were here

>unlike on the outside, within the faculty they could freely talk and show off their powers
>and even the meekest of students tended to have that same spark of curiosity regarding their fellow students
>about what that new kid's "quirk" could be, and just what could be accomplished with it

>in most cases, a new student's introduction to STAR was a rather daunting task

>suddenly finding yourself not only in a brand new place to live, not only surrounded by complete strangers, not only having to deal with all the stress of arriving at a new school
>but with the added layers of almost everyone there having superpowers of any kind could weigh heavily on young, self-conscious minds
>so whenever a student came along and made a big splash, word tended to make its way around campus...

>Fridays were often already a big enough event around campus

>because Fridays generally meant one thing: the Speedsters had free reign on the sports fields
>for those who could even keep up with the lightning-fast movements of each team, the sheer level of energy and excitement coming from those whose biggest motivation in life was "gotta go fast" could tire anyone simply watching from the bleachers
>many other students would try and challenge the Speedsters with their own powers, but anyone managing to defeat them in their home turf was a rare thing to see
>especially one doing so single-handedly

>today, a larger than average crowd had gathered near one of the basketball courts for an unusual sight

>on one team, five of some of the top Speedsters at STAR; two of its members already on the fast track into becoming heroes in their own right
>the opposing team?
>a single girl dressed in in a plain black catsuit, looking more like a burglar or a spy than anything
>the number of watchers who recognized her would be slim, and even those that did would have only known her for a week or two, tops
>she was the new kid; Brooke Deans
>and she was running circles around the Speedsters

>but this wasn't an ordinary battle of the fastest

>normally, each second that passed would be a frantic back and forth between both teams
>a single second could be the stage for dozens of passes, blocks, and attempted throws by two evenly matched teams

>but here, with every one second having passed, the ball was already off the Speedsters' hands

>and before they could react, more often than not, their opponent had already scored one more point
>no matter what they tried, even when they expected the same thing to happen and planned accordingly, the girl managed to out-speed them every time

>or so was the assumption for some

>but reality was: nobody could actually tell what was going on
>the Speedsters both in the court and out, with all of their heightened senses, couldn't see even a glimpse of the girl moving from her starting point to the finish
>those with expert tracking abilities, from heightened senses of vision or hearing, could only report that the girl would vanish from her starting location, and reappear the very next one without a trace of her in between
>and even the few whose powers were attuned to detecting the most precise of twitches, and could follow movements even to the slimmest of moments were left speechless, for they could sense the girl's "exit" and "reentry" without even the slightest attosecond passing between them
>one moment, she was in one place
>the very next one, it seemed like she could be anywhere without any actual travel having occurred

>in less than a minute, the 10-point game was already over

>the girl would no doubt be the talk of the school, especially as more would-be-challengers and admirers flocked to her
>and they would find a surprisingly humble young woman who thanked them for all the good will and the cheers from the bleachers
>but whatever powers she had demonstrated seemed to take a strong enough toll on her that the legendary 50-second match was all she could muster for the day

>so with a handful of promises to take on any challengers next week, the young woman made her leave from the spotlight as best she could

>dabbing her forehead as best she could with a towel, the showers were the next best place for her right now, behind a large bubbly tub

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553216

>>41553215

> Kashvi looked on at the new kid with more than just mild interest. Not because she had never seen anything like it before, but rather, because she had.


> If she'd been reaching out to another dimension, Kashvi would have known-- she'd interacted with other students with interdimensional portals or inventories and had particularly unnerved them.


< But this... It's like Professor Kujo, isn't it?


> She recalled that first encounter with him, two months and a bit ago.


> Nothing had ever managed to sneak up on her before then. She watched the game with intense interest.


> She didn't even realize it was over until everyone marked out, which shook her out of her focus and on to her feet--


> -- Too late to talk to her personally.


< Damn it.

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553217

File: 1550442908698.jpg (56.33 KB, 740x1035, DeSgnGaVQAEDFo6.jpg)

>>41553215
>While the students of STAR watched in awe as the new girl was made a joke out of the speedsters, one person was busily writing down notes as they watched the sceptical away from the crowd through a pair of binoculars.

Agility surpassing the speedsters... their confused reaction seems to indicate that this is not simply a new "speed" yet undiscovered on campus... Perhaps another force is at work instead... warrants further investigation... hopefully not a direct interview though...

>While it was easy to be a stranger in the academy due to the size of it's population, Chris Wilder was the stranger amongst the students. People would see the head of bright pink hair walking the halls and in classrooms but they rarely interacted with anyone and, even rarer still, spoke above a whisper. Chris was known to enter a more "active" state however, when a student displays a quality that catches their eye. And the "new girl" Brooke Deans most certainly caught the eye of this strange person.


>Seeing their target on the move, Chris followed a distance away as Brooke made her way to the showers.

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553221

File: 1550444709587.jpg (71.72 KB, 750x1009, 0fdb896f9f522b72c8302987762601…)

>>41553215
>>41553217
>>41553216

>As Kari watched the relatively short game, she marveled at how Brooke seemed to just...appear from place to place

>Was it a speed thing? Was it time stopping? It could be anything really.

>In the showers though, Kari just let out a low sigh after having finished her own exercise regiment, steam pouring off of her body as the hot water hit the ice cold surface


>All of the big names playing and people working to be heroes really made her think though on if she should pursue that herself, it was seeming...more and more appealing

>If only because of the peer pressure
>And this new girl would no doubt be another person taking those hero courses...
>Maybe if she could talk to her later she'd be able to help her make a decision?

>Feeling over anxious and curious, some of the water on the shower walls started to frost over, a draft of cold air flowing from where Kari was

>She did her best to avoid looking at Brooke in the showers themselves, if only to avoid getting a flush look on her face.

>Though that wasn't too much of a problem given seeing her accidental frosting already caused the dino powered youth's face to light up with a red hue

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553222

File: 1550446107114.jpg (62.67 KB, 480x480, how cute.jpg)

>>41553216
>>41553217
>charging into the showers, Brooke seemed rather aloof to the goings on around her, absentmindedly chewing on a piece of bubblegum
>as soon as she was indoors, she wasted little time kicking off her boots, unzipping her catsuit to reveal there was literally nothing underneath it already, and simply toss it all aside onto a bench to make a direct line towards the showers

>but while externally she seemed unawares

>internally, she was already making a plethora of notes inside of her head
>the girl following her wasn't being at all stealthy, and clearly not trying to be (or she hoped not, anyway; poor girl would have a lot to work on if she was)
>she was a little disappointed; all of that buzz she'd caused and the only stalker gained was a girl?
>she exerted herself for nothing... well, at least until those speedsters found her phone number in their pockets anyway

>>41553221
>what was happening nearby, on the other hand, was a bit more curious
>if she weren't used to chilly conditions, she'd probably have to start complaining
>but with all the heat built up from the game, the cold was slightly welcomed
Nothin' quite like a cold shower to get your head back in the game, right~?
>the wide-eyed girl cheerfully commented to the stranger
>she reached forward, turning on her shower to get buffeted by a cold wall of nearly-freezing water
>her body locked up as it shivered, the girl still forcing on a wide grin to bear with it and not let Cold Girl feel too guilty or anything
A-Ah-ha-ha-ha! J-J-Just like h-home~!

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553223

>>41553217
>>41553221

> Kashvi wasn't trying to be silent as she walked up to the showers.


> She also wasn't quite sure what the big deal was about the cold.


> As for her... It was a little bit longer before she got in. The catsuit with nothing under it came as no shock, of course. When you have a good idea of everyone's inventory, there's no need to go looking at people's panties.


> One reason she was difficult to room with... Or so people claimed. Not that she cared. It was only going to be a little longer. Just put up with it and you'll be just fine.


> Lanky and kinda flat compared to everyone else here, but almost as tall as Meredith, with red hair and dark skin, it wasn't difficult to identify Kashvi by sight, but... The population was larger than she expected.


>>41553222

> She hears Brooke talk and nods. At last! Someone who gets it!


"It's like survival training back home, huh?"

> Mind you it wasn't usually quite this much of a test. But she would live.

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553225

File: 1550449472213.png (397 KB, 630x715, d2d35873dc963978335184918539a9…)

>Upon approaching the door to the showers, Chris stands there for a moment with their eyes closed, pressing their ring fingers to their thumbs for a second before snapping the connecting fingers. Aside from the sound produced by snapping fingers, there was a quiet "pop" to go along with it.
>After that was done however, the student walked into the showers proper.

>>41553221
>>41553222
>>41553223
>And quickly grimaced at the reality that their target was not alone... and that it was cold in the room. Too cold for their comfort.

Tsk... at this temperature it wouldn't have mattered what I was before walking in here...

>The casual conversation Kashvi attempted to ignite was interrupted by the echo of a clap and a very slight, nearly unnoticeable ripple distorting the air and what was once cold was now hot. The showers became a sauna as puddles turned to steam, and the water from the facets nearly hit that threshold of being too hot for comfort.


>Though none of this mattered the pink haired student as they made their way through the warm fog towards their quarry, the mist in the room clinging almost too eagerly to their form as if to further shroud their body from sight. Chris disregarded the other girls there and spoke with the showering young woman directly.


Miss Deans. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some questions regarding your display on the field today.

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553227

File: 1550449790588.jpg (39.75 KB, 390x285, what.jpg)

>>41553222

>Kari's face was a bit flush, she nervously tried to go with the flow, chuckling slowly under her breath


ahaha...ha...yeaaah...nothing like a cold shower...

>She gulped as she tried to focus and reel things in best she could, a few tiny purple scales having formed tiny markings on her cheeks


>>41553223

>"SURVIVAL TRAINING?!"

<"Did I really make it THAT cold? Holy shit... ahhhhhh...."
<"I really hope no-"
>She'd turned to face the conversation, and upon seeing the other girls...

>It also just registered to her that Brooke was naked too

<"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! "
<"THEY LOOK HOT"

>>41553225

<"AHHH IT SUDDENLY FEELS HOT! WHHHHY"

<"WHY IS IT HOT WHHHHY"

>In her panic, half from being startled and half to defend from the new sudden heat, the girl's legs shifted to resemble those of a theropod dinosaur albeit with purple and green scales, some of the steam around her suddenly poofing into tiny silver coins.


Ge...geeze...

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553229

File: 1550452152268.jpg (43.77 KB, 354x479, hat off.jpg)

>>41553223
>Brooke blinked, not having actually noticed the other girl walk into the room
>she recognized her from the crowd earlier; pretty cute, and pretty tall too
>an outdoors kinda gal it sounded like, even if her physique didn't quite show it
Haha~! Tell me aboot it!

Waking up at the crack o' dawn before the sun's even oot, and wash yourself with nothing but a cold bucket of water!

>she shivered again, but laughed a bit in good spirits

I-It has been a while since I've last dealt with it, though!

Guess I've--
>>41553225
>almost instantly after the slap, Brooke jolted from the very abrupt change in extreme temperature
>just as her body was getting used to the cold, that had to happen
>but then, in less time it would take to blink one's eye, Brooke was gone from underneath her shower head
>>41553227
>and right next Kari, quickly grabbing the girl to prevent a possible nasty fall on her end
>she gave the redhead a friendly smile and a pat on the shoulders, her eyes glancing only briefly at what the shock had caused around her, and too her
>cold powers, dinosaur transformation... coin...?
>...was this girl related to Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man?

>leaving that question for later, Brooke turned to Chris with a slightly raised eyebrow

>she didn't look annoyed, far from it; she kept a small but curious smile on her face as she approached the other girl
Questions? For me? Why, I'd be happy to!

But please...
>she raised a finger, wagging it a bit in front of Chris's face
Next time, do try and ask others if it's OK to change the water temperature, yes~?

The showers are a very unsafe area to be greeted with a surprise, after all!

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553230

>>41553183
>>41553191

>Sally visibly flinched when Shaderose turned to obviously stare at the two of them, her heart catching in her throat for a split second.

>as it lowered back down into its intended spot in her chest, though, that spike of fear mellowed out into resigned frustration.

Well, so much for taking it subtle, I guess.

>did sketchy megacorp officials just have some kind of sixth sense for cops? did Shaderose Foundation R&D come up with some sort of brain implant that lets someone literally smell law-abidement?

>granted, that was assuming that she’d somehow pegged them for cops just from that quick glance. but what else could that have possibly been?
>well, whatever. if the delicate approach was already blown before they could even get into the building, guess just being direct was the next best option.
>as Sally set forward following their suspect into the venue, only now did she notice that one of her arms felt weirdly sluggish, like something was dragging it behind her.
>which, she quickly realized, there was. specifically, Nam’s hand held in her own.

>Sally’s blood froze instantly as she suddenly yanked her hand away with a nervous laugh and a slight pink tinge to her face.

Uh, s-sorry! Guess I uh, hah, got a little caught up in the moment, huh? Wasn’t really watching where my hands were going!
>Sally’s foot abruptly set to tapping rapidly against the pavement the same way it had a minute ago, with much the same thoughts running through her head.
<DAMMIT SALLY PAY ATTENTION NO GIRLS SERIOUS COP BUSINESS DO JOB GO.

Well, anyways! Let’s, uh, stop waiting around and get to work, right!

>without further ado, Sally led the way up the steps into the stadium proper. she held the RSVP ready in one hand and her badge in the other (in preparation for the inevitable metal detectors and security staff, to better explain why she was, y’know, carrying a loaded gun into a private event full of the rich and famous) and steeled her mind for whatever staggering display of conspicuous consumption was about to overload her poor little humble small-town girl sense.

Vanilla Braze!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553232

File: 1550453786486.png (465.28 KB, 698x527, isnt that nice.png)

>>41553191
>>41553230
>'Nam tried her absolutely darnedest not to flinch as Shaderose so pointedly looked over to them
>maybe it was all in her head, though
>there were a lot of people there, so maybe she was looking at any one of them instead!
>she was pretty sure they were the only cops around, so she couldn't possibly have figured them out so quick-
>"Uh, s-sorry!"
-?
>'Nam blinked, snapped out of her thoughts by Sally bringing up an issue that 'Nam... didn't think was an issue, really
>she smiled as best as she could without looking nervous by other matters
Oh, don't worry about it! I'm... honestly kinda nervous myself...
>she cleared her throat, steeling her nerves all over again after feeling them nearly melt under Shaderose's look
>quickly following behind Sally, she checked the cast around her arm, and sneaked a peek inside her purse
>everything seemed to be where it should be; standard issue gun and badge in place, along with her "insurance"
>not that she expected things to go sour... not out in public, anyway
>this was a fancy ball and whatnot, far away from the usual streets and gangs
>if any funny business was to happen, it would no doubt happen after the party
>right?

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553233

>>41553225

> The clap takes her entirely by surprise, but she takes the knife-like feeling of suddenly hot water as casually as she'd taken the cold.


> Not to say it wasn't painful but this is just what--


>>41553227
>>41553229

< She just did it again. Now what?


> She blinked and noted the silver coins and then looked at Kari now--


> She'd have to get closer to inspect them, but instead of just pulling, she decided to ask, gesturing to the coins--


"May I?"

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553240

File: 1550457520974.png (349.76 KB, 540x716, tumblr_inline_p5bcftMivH1svetx…)

>>41553227
>>41553233

>Chris' pursuit was finally given pause at the reaction one student had to the sudden temperature change. Dino-legs and coins. That... that was a first.


...Fascinating.

>But that was not what Chris was here for! Though clearly she had made a mistake during this social interaction, if the finger being waved in her face and being told about the hazards of shower rooms was any indication.


>>41553229
My apologies. I very much dislike the cold you see...

>Focus on the task at hand! There is research to do!

>Subject: Brooke Deans.
>Quirk: to be classified
>Body type: Full figured-- focus!

Ahem... That was a very impressive display of agility during that game. If you don't mind me being direct in my line of questioning; how was it you were able to manage such a feat?

>Eyes on the prize Chris.

>...
>Above those prizes!

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553242

File: 1550457807674.jpg (620.79 KB, 1000x1000, 3ce637130d5a933268f8afe5ab87c2…)

>>41553229

>Suddenly grabbed from her slip and near fall caused by her legs changing shape, Kari let out a sudden squeak!

>Her face bright read as a *BA THUMP BA THUMP* beat through her body.

>She coughs and hides her face behind her tail briefly


....Thanks....

>She bit her lip and slowly went to pick up the coins that'd formed, her face bright red as she gulped


>>41553233

>She paused and blinked


Oh uh sure...Doctors told me those're called Cell Medals and I live on 'em.

>>41553240

>She didn't know how to feel about that reaction to her almost falling, she lets out a short huff and folds her arms...

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553244

File: 1550459550247.jpg (54.94 KB, 538x479, curious.jpg)

>>41553233
>despite multiple things going on, Brooke did her best to focus on how everyone was reacting
>Tall Girl was interested in the coins; just curiosity, or did she think that was real money?
>the former was more likely; a very curious cat this girl seemed
Excuse me, what did you say your name was?
>she asked Kashvi with a friendly smile
>someone like Kari, she was pretty sure she could easily handle
>but if this giant girl was the type to be easily curious-
>>41553240
>much like this one was
>even if she seemed easily distracted, so that might be advantageous

>Brooke gave another small and relaxed smile at the other girl

Is that all? Don't worry about it; I appreciate the forwardness!
>turning around, Brooke made her way back to the shower
>she stopped and held out her hand, making sure to ease herself back into the water this time
Would you believe I'm not entirely sure myself?
>she said with a light giggle, looking over her shoulder at Chris
That's essentially why I'm here to start with.

Ever since I can remember I've had these... moments where the world simply stops around me, but I can still move just fine...

The scientists have speculated I may have time stopping abilities, but they can't say that for sure just yet.

>she reached with a finger to tap her chin

I'm supposed to meet with someone next week aboot it... a Mister, err... Joku, I think? He can apparently help figure it oot, but until then, I'm just as clueless as you are, I'm afraid.

>>41553242
>"I live on 'em."
>Brooke blinked, quickly turning to Kari
Oh dear! Do you need to see a doctor or something?
>the concern in her voice was obvious, but she was keeping herself calm
>panicking didn't do any good in emergency situations after all!

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553245

>>41553233
>>41553242
>>41553244

> Kashvi blinks at how open Graves is being, but takes a moment to kneel down and look more closely at the coins. Inventory commits them to memory as something called "DINO COINS" but other than that, she gets nothing from casual examination, and hands them back to Kari without further comment.


"I'm Kashvi Chakravartin. Space-type powers. And you're Brooke?"

> She seems to notice that Brooke is not taken in by her demeanor, which is fine--


< Kujo. Huh. Well, it seems the STAR guys are on the same thought I am.


"Yeah, that makes sense. One time-- Well, Professor Kujo might have experience in that sort of thing. It's definitely the same sort of power, whatever it is, and I can tell you you're not traveling in dimensions or doing speed tricks."

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553250

File: 1550510623553.jpg (115.72 KB, 850x1189, __natsuki_doki_doki_literature…)

>>41553242
>>41553244
>>41553245
>Well Chris got an answer, it certainly wasn't a concrete one much to their disappointment. But it wasn't an unexpected outcome, more then a few students here were simple to understand and better control their abilities. Chris was one of those very people after all.

I see. Well, regardless what information you can provide is most useful.

>Quirk: Possible time manipulation.


>That did however prevent Chris from asking much else. As their string of questions revolved around Brooke's ability. Perhaps once she's learned more about her ability they'll do a follow up interview...

>Probably a good idea, being around this many people was starting to get unnerving.

Unfortunately, that's all I can ask at the moment. We'll probably meet again...

>And thus Chris begins to take their leave.

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553251

File: 1550512343674.jpg (115.46 KB, 800x1131, 05a9448b4ca923b999927c8b117e8a…)

>>41553244

>Kari pats herself off a bit and reaches for the soap to get back to cleaning herself as soon as the conversation allowed it


No...no, I think these are new ones formed by...something, I don't entirely get it myself but I should be able to just kind of, pull them in.

>>41553245

>Being handed the coins back, they seem to disappear into her body with a simple purple glow around her.


>>41553250

>And then the pink haired girl was starting to leave

>Kari let out a good long huff of air, taking a few moments to get her balance again

>Her legs flash purple before the medals making them up reform back into human legs and she walks forward and goes to stop the other girl


Hey hey! Just because Brooke here doesn't know much of her powers yet doesn't mean you guys have to leave it at an enigmatic "We'll meet again" type thing! If you want to learn about people's powers why don't you stick around and learn with them? You guys should hang out and talk!

>She said in a bit of a rush, partially ignoring all her nervous and flustered thoughts about the other girls.


Why don't you guys like, exchange dorm numbers or phone numbers or something? You can learn together!

>Kari just couldn't let things end off with the situation feeling weird and awkward, if these two could be friends or something it'd make all of that weirdness and awkward talk worthwhile


just asking questions and leaving and being all mysteries just makes things feel weird!

I mean heavens knows you're too adorable to be seeming kind of creepy on purpose with that last line!

>Kari rubbed the back of her head and heaved out a bit of a nervous sigh


also uh, sorry for the temperature stuff too, I didn't mean to make you guys uncomfortable in here.

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553252

File: 1550513253395.jpg (43.77 KB, 354x479, hat off.jpg)

>>41553245
>looking back at Kashvi, the girl smiled cheerfully
Brooke, yes! Brooke Deans; charmed~!
>"It's definitely the same sort of power, whatever it is..."
>well... this could spell problems
>she'd never met anyone with the same abilities as her before (assuming this Kujo guy really did have them)
>knowing this was very fortunate for her; she just needed to be extra careful...

>>41553250
>>41553251
>Brooke blinked at Chris's rather abrupt exit, and clearly in no way planned on letting her leave so easily
>but Kari (who was really acting more and more precious by the minute) was one step ahead
>as much as Brooke would have liked to show off a bit more, this was fine too
Yeah! You don't have to leave just yet!

I'm still pretty new around here, so I'll take as many new friends as I can get~!

>she grinned widely, adding with a light chuckle:

You never even introduced yourself, and I like to make a habit of knowing the names of those who've seen me naked~!

>she held up her hand, playfully beckoning for the girl

So come on! I'd love to know more about you and that ability of yours too!

I'll even wash your back for the info if you wanna~!

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553253

>>41553250

"Huh. Seems a shame. I would like to get to know you better."

> She made a surreptitious check to make sure they weren't taking too much of the showers with all their gabbing on, but not a lot of ladies?


>>41553251

> She nods. On the one hand, learning things was important, but even she could tell that everyone was a little awkward and she didn't know how to bridge that gap while everyone's naked.


"Don't worry about the temperature. The fact that this was a shower is honestly enough for me."

>>41553252

> And now she's thinking about Chris's powers. Heat-related? Maybe negation?


> She didn't know, she'd have to figure it out if she used her powers again.


"I'll just say that I'm fine with doing whatever with all of you."

> Kashvi attempted to wink, but none of the rest of her expression changed. It felt off, even to her.

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553261

File: 1550528071665.jpg (77.1 KB, 707x665, 9968967c5a8d00f2c3f7c7612f335a…)

>>41553251
>And just as a quick escape was within grasp, Kari intercepted Chris and said the dreaded words. "Hang out." "exchange numbers." "You can learn together!" "Adorable." "Kind of creepy--" Wait, creepy!? ...well okay maybe seemingly but you can't just say that you ATM Ice-Lizard!

I... I couldn't I uh... well...

>>41553252
>>41553253
>Oh no Bikini Model and.... Other Girl were agreeing, she was outvoted three to one now! What was she suppose to do in that kind of situation!?

...

>Mercy this was embarrassing, Chris could feel their face turn as pink as their hair. Though if they must... at least then maybe they can discover more about the other two as well?


Very well. Though I warn you, I haven't the faintest idea how we... "hang out."

>Of course, the colour only turned a shard darker as Brooke pointed out that their first encounter had been in the showers... in the nude. Approaching her here was a mistake, but the die is cast now.


C-Christ! I mean Chris! Chris Wilder!

>Keep line of sight north of the neck line Chris...!

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553280

File: 1550547129880.jpg (329.95 KB, 1240x1550, 5ca21801b84f934d44c517f84c57b5…)

>>41553252

>Well, knowing who's seen you naked is generally a good idea.


>>41553253

>And at least the water temperature didn't bug Kashvi


>She'd let out a short sigh and fold her arm


...alright, still, though, sorry.

>>41553261

No need to be so nervous! I had a feeling that's all it was!

>Kari started to grin from ear to ear, the tiny bit of the dino tail she still had exposed wagging back and forth like a puppy's.



It's good to meet you Chris!

>She then pauses and pokes her fingers together before coughing and looking between the other two


oh uh....I guess I should probably introduce myself too, I'm Kari! It's nice to meet you both two, Kashvi and-
<"Boobs
Brooke!

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553281

File: 1550554143341.jpg (64.42 KB, 958x680, 096a272882449e7483f3485ca6f0c7…)

>Danny was rather surprised at how things had progressed since last month
>he wasn't totally rejected, and seemed to have decent enough chances with Charlotte
>keeping a lid on all of it was difficult, though, and it was hard not to walk around with a giant smile on his face all the time
>but he was good at keeping up a facade of "chill" so he was fairly certain things were kept secret well enough
>fairly certain, anyway
>and if anyone asked why he was sporting a different look than before, he'd just shrug and say he felt like changing it up a bit

>a new day was starting, and before the school got really busy, Danny liked to get some of his own practice in

>so after getting up (and making sure Bram wasn't throwing up organs and their room was clean) he had made his way to the school's more standard gym area
>more specifically, the pool, which was still running and was even nicely heated to boot
>and after quickly checking to make sure it was still early enough that it wasn't being used, he simply fell forward into the water

>SPLASH!


>and once he went beneath the surface, Danny Rogers somehow disappeared

>in truth, he had converted into his water form, and quickly spread apart so that his human shape was basically gone
>it was a difficult bit of training for him, to be able to spread his consciousness around a large body of water like this
>in truth, his "mind" was still in one barely-visible blob of water, while the rest of him had already wavered about, still mostly in the same area but quickly spreading around the pool as the water naturally flowed

>it was hard to describe the experience, and when asked Danny usually couldn't give a satisfactory answer

>he couldn't really see or hear anything, but he could still "feel" things
>he could feel the chemicals flowing around in the water, he could feel the heat coming from the pool's vents, as well as the minor heat coming from the lights along the bottom of it
>and he could still feel the separated parts of him, like his body had simply flattened and spread about like a giant pancake
>and if anything were to disturb the water, he would feel that too
>it was just a matter of pulling himself back together in due time
>which wasn't as easy as it sounded
>but surely nothing would disturb his concentration now, right?

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553282

File: 1550554651136.jpg (62.67 KB, 480x480, how cute.jpg)

>>41553261
>Brooke's smile widened just a bit, apparently giving the brightest one she could offer
>not that it didn't look genuinely happy, it just looked like her lips wouldn't move any wider than they were for some reason
It's a pleasure to meet you, Chris! What a cute name you got there~!

Don't worry too much about it; the best thing about "hanging out" is that you just pick it up as you go along!

You could start by explaining how you did that to the water, maybe?
>she turned to the shower
>but then looked over her shoulder at Chris with a wink
The offer to wash your back still stand, by the way~

>>41553253
>she then turned to Kashvi
If you don't mind be prying, you said "space" power earlier?

I'm assuming some form of... awareness? You mentioned knowing when people stepped in and out of dimensions, after all...

Or do you have some manipulation abilities as well? Could you show 'em~?

>>41553280
>turning to Kari, her eyes brazenly moved south of the border
>because how could she not stare at a cute wagging tail and grin just a tiny bit
>but she quickly looked back up at her face with a friendly nod
Pleasure meeting you too, Kari~!

I gotta say, your abilities seem quite... unique! I've met a lot of "elementals", but never one that could turn into a dinosaur!

>she turned back to the shower, resuming her bath while still keeping the conversation going

How did that come about? I've heard about powers "mixing" when both parents have them, but it sounds like you're not too aware of how your own body works just yet...
>if she needed the scientists to tell her she survived off of coins, like some weird Capitalist Barney Iceberg, that seemed to be a safe assumption to make
Ah-! Sorry if I'm making too many assumptions! I just happen to find any subject regarding metas fascinating!

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553284

>>41553261

> "Christ! I mean, Chris."


> She pauses, blinks, as if she's realizing something for the first time.


"... Are we all nervous about this?"

> For all she's tall and kinda strong looking and has the image of the cool basketball star, Kashvi is sort of awkward.


> At least the shower gives her a good reason to be flushed, even as she's still standing under the water, appraising everyone's stance. If Meredith did it, surely it was all right? she was pretty popular after all.


>>41553282
>>41553280

> Discussion turned back to powers. Kashvi closed her eyes for half a second, confirmed that there was absolutely nothing she could grab without alarming the other students or slamming into a wall herself, and shrugged.


"It's mostly awareness and a bunch of other stuff. By the way, bold of you to not wear underwear in a catsuit. Dance belts are not just for rookies."

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553289

>>41553281

>you’d think that people around here would learn to stop tempting fate like this.

>unfortunately for Danny, someone else had had a similar idea.
>maybe it wasn’t for the same kind of personal improvement that he’d had in mind, but ever since Felicia heard that the pool was heated, she’d been dying for this opportunity.
>as much of a fan as Felicia was of the festivities of this time of year, she could really do without the cold. she just wasn’t built to be this far north at this time of year – not only was she born and raised in sunny California, but there was also the matter of the whole “burning flames of hell running through her bloodline” thing.
>point was, the facts were laid out as such; Felicia was cold, she liked swimming, and the pool was warm. so, she came up with the great idea to get up at the crack of dawn and give the pool a test run all by herself.

>she was still a little drowsy as she pushed the door open as quietly as she could manage (having already taken a quick shower on her way over from the dorms – hygiene was important, after all!), but that was fine. she wasn’t looking to really push herself to physical extremes or anything, just some nice lazy cozy floating before her classes started was all she wanted.

>fortunately, it seemed like her early alarm was worth it, with not another soul in sight. perfect. that meant there wouldn’t be anyone around to get in the way of what she wanted to do.
>first things first though, Felicia wandered over to a nearby bench running along the side of the room to set her things down. reluctantly parting with the towel she’d been blanketing herself with to stave off a little more of the morning cold, she checked her phone.
>by her estimate, she had about an hour to herself before other people might show up to get on her case, and she set an alarm to give her some advance warning to clear out.

>and next came the most important step.


>considering her overall slim, boyish build, it would be easy to suspect Felicia of not being a girl at all at a casual glance especially given the people Danny tended to hang out with.

>those suspicions would immediately die as Felicia stripped down from her jacket and pants, revealing a whole lot of absolutely nothing underneath them.
>she set her clothes aside and breathed a small sigh of contentment as she basked in the raw power of Being Naked.

Pssh, what do we even need clothes for? All they do is hold us baaaa-haaAaAAAaa!
>as if the world wanted to demonstrate her hubris, a brief gust of cold air brushed across Felicia’s body.
Ok-kay, I guess that’s what we need clothes for…
>not wanting to waste any more time, she quickly trotted over poolside, briefly debating whether she should make use of the diving board – on the one hand, feeling the cool air rush past her as she fell to earth was a feeling Felicia always loved.
>on the other, the idea of cool anything sounded absolutely fucking awful right now, to say nothing of the thought of touching those cold metal rungs to climb up the ladder to get there.

>no, she’d save the high diving for the warmer months. for now, she’d make due with a good old fashioned crude, lazy, half-asleep dive right into the middle of the pool.

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553293

>>41553289
>so the downside to doing something like this is what happens if and when something does enter the water
>it produces a very odd feeling, one Danny's never fully gotten used to
>and in this particular instance, it'd make him feel very strange, to put it nicely

>having something basically enter you was...

>well, in a sense, not something Danny was totally unfamiliar with
>but to have that something do that and not really feel anything other than parts of you separate was hard to put into words
>Danny would almost compare it to that numb feeling you get when your mouth's been injected with Novocaine and you know that the dentist is drilling your tooth but you still can't really feel it
>but even that didn't really do it justice

>in this case, to make it worse, Danny could immediately feel what this something was

>it was clearly a human being, and because they dove right into where he once was, that meant the parts of him instantly felt every part of them
>and could tell that a) she was a girl, and b) she was completely naked
>which was not something that was easy to deal with

>wanting to avoid potential embarrassment at first, Danny opted to try and subtly push her away

>hence why Felicia would feel the water around her start to push her back up to the surface
>albeit a little faster than it should, thus providing a tip-off that something was amiss

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553294

File: 1550599910933.jpg (32.36 KB, 540x433, tumblr_p82zfwpXQ81tt0ceqo1_540…)

>>41553280
>>41553284
>Now Chris had the names of the other two girls at least.
>Subject: Kari.
>Quirk: Coin-Operated Jurassic Freezer. Whatever that might entail
>Body type: Average.

>Subject: Kashvi Chakravartin

>Quirk: "Space-type powers"
>Body Type: Tall/Athletic.

Cripplingly so, yes. I've been more absorbed in my studies then.. interaction. It has to do with my own ability unfortunately.

>>41553282
>Brooke's offer to wash Chris' back was taken quickly, the short 'girl' walking forwards into the shower and appreciating the heat of the water more then the others did.

I'll take you up on that offer, thank you.

>At least they can focus on the wall instead of anything else. While explaining what they did exactly was a first, usually it was others who were in that position. That however didn't mean it would be awkward as everything up until this point was. Just had to make it... Not wordy.


I've come from a line of mages who's specific magicraft is called Inversion. Simply put, I can take the properties of a physical object and "invert" certain aspects of it. Turning cold water to hot is one of the applications of this craft, though also the simplest one to do as it's a one time change that does with minimal investment of energy.

Attempting other aspect changes, say, reversing the flow of the water from the shower head would take more effort and concentration ... as well as a working knowledge of physics and water's properties to enact the change I wish to apply.

>To demonstrate, Chris held out there hand, palm facing upwards and made the flow of water from the shower head, in an effect that looked like someone rewinding a tape, go back up the way it came, directly back into the shower head. Though Chris didn't maintain this for long and the flow returned to normal once more.


Learning properties, learning how to correctly apply adjustments, and investing the required energy... all of this make Inversion a less then practical art in the eyes of the mage communities. However, one can train it like a muscle if they learn to apply Inversion in a wide array of ways, moving beyond the physical and moving into concepts and forces is the best way to do so.

>Thus why Chris attended the academy, the large body of students with unique abilities was the perfect training ground to improve Inversion.

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553295

File: 1550600298761.jpg (11.85 KB, 216x217, PteranodonMedal.jpg)

>>41553282

Oh uh...
>She pokes her fingers together and rubs the side of her arm a little bit, grabbing a bar of soap to make it seem a little more natural, just cleaning up after all

My parents were normal humans actually...me too, at first, I'm not actually exactly a "Meta" per say...not even human anymore at that.

>She gulped a little, the tiniest a bit afraid this would alienate her but- she was among potential friends, and her situation was probably far from the strangest at the academy.


...I got turned into a homunculus thing called a "Greed", but spelled with two e's for some reason? Those silver coins aren't the only ones inside of me there's these 6 purple ones that went inside my body last year.

>She focuses for a moment and manifests one of the purple coins in her hand, this one with a stylized image of a pterodactyl on it


...from what the scientists can tell, for all intents and purposes these things are me now, Greeedification would normally take longer and be reversible but I uh.. I hrmm...

>She rubs the back of her head a bit


I died.

>She coughs and lathers more soap onto her body and bites her lip, but then continues to talk if only so she doesn't leave that awkward note hanging there for too long


So you know...consciousness can't go back into a dead body, went into one of these and the rest of my body slowly got converted into more of the silver ones. There's other side effects besides the powers but the scientists think we can fix those...eventually.


>>41553294

>Kari listen a bit to Chris describing her abilities

>she taps her chin in thought briefly

<"Wonder if she could turn desires into their antithesis..."



Hey, no better way to combat nervousness than talking it out, hopefully it's not like a thing where any progress you make towards not being nervous somehow gets undone or something by your powers.

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553296

File: 1550602944519.jpg (44.62 KB, 321x425, I like it.jpg)

>>41553284
>"Dance belts are not just for rookies."
...

...

Yes.

Dance belts. V-Very helpful.
>she cleared her throat, quickly changing the subject
Well, Ah just fahnd it more comfortable for physical exercise, is all!

Of course Ah've got more "normal" clothes with me! Ah don't make it a habit of walking around with a breeze, if ya'll get my saying.
>"mostly awareness and a bunch of other stuff" wasn't a very strong descriptor of her abilities, but that was fine
>she'd could find out more about this girl later on
..."nervous"?
>she asked curiously, apparently not having picked up on any of it

>>41553294
>as Chris stepped in, Brooke wasted little time in getting to work
>gently rubbing Chris's back with some soap, she remained quiet as the girl explained her abilities
>magic users weren't really her specialty, but she was certainly intrigued nonetheless
>seeing the water flow backwards, even for a moment, was definitely something new
My, that all sounds awfully complicated...

You must be quite the studious young lady to be able to know all that stuff! Sounds lahke Ah would be lost before Ah even got off the starting lahne...
>although she couldn't help but wonder; could this girl apply her powers to other powers?
>it didn't sound like it just yet, but what would happen if she reversed her own powers?
>would the world around Brooke simply start moving in fast forward?
>this was a girl to watch out for; could cause some confusion if they weren't careful...

>>41553295
>her washing of Chris came to a stop as Kari started explaining her backstory, however
>there were a lot of parts about it that she was having trouble understanding, but she certainly got the gist of it
>Kari died, and her... soul(?) got bonded with some weird magic coins
>she knew of similar enough stories that the concept wasn't foreign to her
>still, poor girl; even if she came back in some fashion, dying so young wasn't something she should've gone through
...

...

Ya look perfectly human to me, sugah~
>Brooke quickly said with her usual lazy but friendly little smile
Maybe ya got a different chassis than the rest of us, but Ah don't think that changes who ya really are!

>she sighed lightly, turning to Kari

Ah'm very sorry to hear ya had to go through something so awful... but, in all earnestness, the fact you're still showin' such a wonderful positive attitude speaks volumes to how strong ya are~!

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553297

File: 1550604152941.png (345.04 KB, 569x569, 7e8d75bff2f3684674083f45ad89f0…)

>>41553294

> She watches the Inversion with mild interest. Magic, huh? She'd heard about it. Some of her parents' poker buddies used it on occasion, though no one much liked to talk about their abilities during poker games. It was usually more bitching about the latest successful or foiled plan, talking about who had it worst, all that stuff. General consensus was that if you had to get into what Kashvi mentally called "the family business" the best place to start was Central City-- even her parents kinda respected the Flash.


"Huh. That's kind of impressive. Really good fine control."

> She knew she probably would have to give a demonstration at some point now everyone else had demonstrated, but she really wanted to put it off-- supersonic water flow was... Not the best.


>>41553295

> Damn, made undead, that's rough.


"All of us are here for our own reasons, and I... Well, there's a lot. I'll give you my room number a little later, if you wanna talk at me?"

> nailed it


>>41553296

> She watches Brooke wash up Chris and turns to Kari.


"Y'know what, why don't I get yours, too?"

> She carefully reaches for the soap instead of doing the thing she's gotten into a habit of doing-- trying to pull it. The scientists figured that the more she practiced it the better her control would be, but... Doing that with liquid soap just seemed like a recipe for trouble.


"Well now I've figured how to say it-- I pull things. Everything else seems to just be... Things I can do because of that."

< Well that was about as clear as mud. Mother would be proud.

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553299

File: 1550611823519.png (110.79 KB, 540x575, tumblr_p7kadfmAWD1wi9luso1_540…)

>>41553295
>Hearing Kari's explanation on what *all that* was caused Chris to cock an eyebrow and turn their head to face the girl.

That's...

>Utter mind blogging? Weird as all hell? Sounded like something from a Power Rangers TVshow?


A very unique case, I must say.

>The case of the Frigid Financial Fossil was only getting stranger by the moment. How much more complex still would it grow if Chris decided to dig deeper?


>>41553296
>>41553297
>Though maybe it was because of the shower and the hands rubbing their back, but Chris found themselves starting to become more relaxed. Perhaps all this social interaction stuff wasn't too bad. Actually happy someone recognised their talent, Chris allowed a bid of pride to take hold.

One day I hope to be able to use to to make lasting changes as well. Perhaps bring the Wilder name some measure of fame while I'm at it~

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553301

>>41553296

>Kari rubbed the back of her head a little and chuckled slightly


Ye...yeah, I guess so.
>She still couldn't help but feel a bit guilty though, given a part of her definitely felt that if she didn't intervene back then, Gentaro would've been able to handle things...

still miss the taste of pizza...

>>41553299

Eh heh, apparently not as unique as you'd think, there's apparently at least three other cases.


But also I mean, you do have your work cut out of you, it'll take a lot for people to think of anything besides that one disney character.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553304

>>41553293

>Felicia sighed in contentment as she let herself sink down into the water, just basking in the gentle warmth all around her.

>there was something she found strangely relaxing about this kind of moment, and it’s something she’d been missing ever since she arrived at STAR.
>the weightlessness, the gentle pressure of the water against her body from all sides, the muffled sounds of the water flowing around her; it all added up to a feeling of total relaxation that Felicia had forgotten how much she missed. it was just one more of many places she felt like the world just went away for a little while and she could just enjoy some peaceful stillness for once.
>man, how cool would it be if she could just breathe underwater, and stay down here alone for as long as she wanted?

>not that she was alone, judging by the sudden push forcing her to surface a lot sooner than she’d like.

>startled out of her little moment of meditation, Felicia flailed aimlessly for a moment, too alarmed to even realize that she was breathing air again. but as soon as she’d righted herself, she began scanning the area for whoever just ruined her relaxation.
Who did that?! I was having, like, a moment you jerk!

>…

>and nobody answered. weird. actually, Felicia couldn’t catch any trace of another person at all, even with her senses generally being a bit sharper than a normal person’s.
>well, the simplest solution is probably the right one, right? Oxford’s Razor or whatever. if she couldn’t see anyone who did it, that probably meant that nobody did it. so what did done do it then?
>as she sat there and felt the water flowing in and out of the pool around her, a thought came to her; this place had all kinds of crazy super-technology coming spilling out of every wazoo in the entire school, right? heck, she’d just been in the Thunderdomes just the other day, and those things didn’t even seem like they should be logically possible!
>so, maybe it was something to do with the pool itself? she had been down there for an unusually long time, after all. some kind of safety feature to prevent students from drowning, perhaps? like an automated lifeguard or something that would detect if someone was immobile for too long and push them back to the surface?
>Felicia hummed to herself in concentration as she searched the bottom of the pool for anything that could’ve fit her theory, to no avail. until further evidence presented itself, the robo-pool theory was looking dead in the water (get it?)

>but what could’ve done that, then?

>...and more importantly, did she really care?
>aside from the unwanted interruption to her private time, the sudden rush of getting pushed back to open air was honestly kind of fun, like some sort of weird water-trampoline.
>sooooo, whatever! Felicia wasn’t one to look some kind of weird gift-water-trampoline-ghost-horse in the mouth! she immediately shrugged off any concerns of what was actually responsible, instead focusing on diving back down as deep as she could to await another bounce back to the surface.

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553305

File: 1550617983571.jpg (57.66 KB, 640x360, playful.jpg)

>>41553297
>she "pulls" things?
>and the awareness comes from that?
>interesting... vague, but interesting nonetheless
>always one to enjoy some speculation, Brooke's mind tried to fill in some of the blanks by itself
>Kashvi wasn't talking much (maybe shy, socially awkward, or just... like that), but she was still one to look out for
>she'd already let it slip that Brooke could sneak up to her; that wasn't a surprise, since she could count on one hand the people who could "sense" her while her powers were activated
>still, she could pose a problem to the others depending on how far-reaching Kashvi's awareness could stretch
>something to keep in mind, for sure...

Ah'd be delahghted to, Kashi~!
>Brooke answered with her usual brightness at the suggestion of exchanging room numbers
>the closer she could get, the more she could learn after all...
That sounds lahke a pretty useful power t' get a hang of, doesn't it?

Ah know Ah've wished Ah could just reach out and pull the remote or a glass of water closer to me when Ah'm all nestled up in mah bed~!

>>41553301
>>41553299
That's the spirit~!
>she grinned a bit at Chris, resuming her work
As long as y'all stick to it, Ah'm sure there ain't nothin' we can't achieve~!

>as far as first impressions went, Brooke had yet to be very impressed by what STAR had to offer

>interesting powers were all over the place, absolutely; but the wielders were generally so... passive, it seemed
>not that this was a bad thing for her, far from it
>that only made things much, much easier; just the way she liked it
>but still, if the "threat" level was going to remain the same, she did have to wonder what all of this was for to begin with
>she almost felt her talents were being put to waste here, but she was proud enough in her work to give it 100% no matter what
>when the time was right, none of these kids would know what hit them...

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553306

>>41553304
>OK, so the subtle approach didn't really work, and Danny had to deal with that feeling of a girl "entering" him again
>he didn't hear anything that she had to say, so when she jumped back in all he could do was feel annoyed that she didn't take a hint

>he could've just reformed and chided her for her lewd activity, but a part of him still thought he could avoid embarrassing the girl somehow

>as well as embarrassing himself
>he had to be a little less subtle now, but still subtle
>kinda
>sorta
>if that was how that worked

>so again, as Felicia sank into the water, she'd feel it start to rush around her again, much like it did before

>she then felt the water push her back up a bit more forcefully this time, moving towards the surface again
>but this time, once she broke the surface, the water kept pushing, actually moving up past the limits of the pool itself, carrying her up with it
>and then it promptly deposited her on the tiling around the pool, before returning to where it once was

Kashvi Chakravartin!newtripcodeisnewCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553309

File: 1550625587223.jpg (88.94 KB, 344x500, fa49f0bfc22d48a15b40a692862b3a…)

>>41553299
>>41553301

"The disney what?"

> Kashvi had never heard of a 'Wilder' in media. She'd kind of heard of Disney, but...


>>41553305

> She shrugged at Brooke's misinterpretation and didn't mind washing up Brooke's back at all while they talked.


> It was... A little mechanical. Like she knew, mentally, what to do, had the spatial awareness to do it, but had never done it.


"I don't know about that. Mostly I just try to... Live with what I've got, and try not to get too overwhelmed."

> ... Which reminded her--


"hm... what would they approve of..."

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553310

>>41553306

>unfortunately, Danny expected Felicia to react like a normal, intelligent person would.

>he expected too much.

>as soon as she felt herself rising again, Felicia tilted backwards to lay flat against the current, letting it carry her wherever it wanted.

>man, this was awesome. it’s like a waterbed, but it moves, and also seemingly really doesn’t want you to sleep on it, so it’s also kind of like a person or most animals!
>even as the weird nude little gremlin was deposited on the tile beside the pool with a wet slap, she was still giggling with giddy excitement.

I have absolutely no idea what’s happening right now, but I like it!

>while it was totally true that Felicia had absolutely no idea what was happening, she paused to take a moment to reflect on new evidence and construct a new theory on just what mysterious force seemed so dead-set on keeping her out of the pool.

>the answer was immediately obvious.
>the ghost of a student who drowned here years ago and now haunted the pool, duh.
>maybe she shouldn’t be messing with this stuff in that case? Felicia was no expert on ghosts, but she’d definitely picked up enough from Ms. Friday to know that they could get pretty testy if you started messing with their haunting grounds.

>and then, right as she’d almost considered leaving, Felicia realized something.

>these tiles she was currently laying naked on were really friggin’ cold.

Gwagh! Sorry Mr. Ghost, but-but I NEED this right now!

>potential hauntings and ghost curses be damned, Felicia wasted no time rolling right back into the warm water.

>if the ghost wanted her out of the pool, he’d just have to come out and say it to her face.

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553312

File: 1550630805304.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080, Kurapika_2_-_140.png)

>>41553310

<"Oh you have got to be kidding me."


>again, Danny couldn't hear anything Felicia was saying, so he was in the dark as to why she jumped back into the water

>he could only wallow in his irritation for a little longer instead

>so clearly now there was no way to avoid any sort of embarrassment from this situation, so he'd have to be a tad more blunt

>or at least be more proactive in scaring her off
>as such, as Felicia sank down into the water again, the portion of the water that made up Danny's mind moved closer to where she was
>he then started to bring forth the bits of water that made up his head, so to speak
>as a result, Felicia would see something very unusual in her line of sight
>or possibly terrifying, depending on if she really thought there was a ghost about

>first, the water rippled around in front of her face

>then, an eye appeared, staring right at her
>followed by a second
>then a nose, and then a mouth
>a completely normal face, made out of water itself, was now staring disapprovingly at her
>the rest of Danny's head formed from that, but still kept up its watery viscosity
>it only solidified into a proper human head a minute or so later, but didn't move from where it was
>so now Felicia had a floating disembodied head staring right into her eyes, looking...well, a tad disturbed, one might say

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553316

>>41553312

>if Danny was expecting her to actually be scared away, he would be sorely disappointed.

>when the first eye appeared, Felicia just silently stared back.
>even as the rest of a face started to piece itself together in front of her, she still only blankly stared.
>only when Danny’s head fully manifested itself did he get an even slightly different reaction out of her, though probably not the one he wanted; she merely cocked her head in confusion and curiosity for a moment.
>it didn’t last long though, her expression quickly shifting back to a dopey smile. she raised a hand, pointing insistently upwards for a moment, the other hand forming a little shadow puppet mouth flapping open and closed. hopefully, the message that she was going to surface to say something would get across.

>as soon as Felicia’s head broke water and she took a breath, she immediately looked down into the depths of the pool to shout down to the floating head beneath her.


Sorry to interrupt your whole haunting business, Mr. Ghost! Or Ms. Ghost, it’s kind of hard to tell which when you’re just a head, sorry! It’s just that it’s been really cold lately and I heard this was a good place the warm up!

>the ghost-head could hear her from here, right? Felicia wasn’t really sure how well the sound could travel through the water, or how good a ghost’s hearing was.

>for a moment, she had briefly considered just grabbing the head and pulling it back to the surface with her to be safe, but that seemed wrong. it was just plain rude to intrude on someone’s personal space like that and start touching them without asking, even if they were dead!
>if she didn't get a response out of this, she'd just have to figure out some sort of other method of live-person-to-dead-person communication.

Man, I really shoulda signed up for those sign language classes.

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553341

File: 1550674060363.jpg (56.02 KB, 1280x720, Kurapika_ep_3.jpg)

>>41553316
>Danny was looking pretty confused himself when Felicia didn't react the way he expected, his eyes narrowing slightly when she didn't freak out
>just who was this girl and what was her deal?
>who wouldn't freak out at a floating detached head just appearing in the water like that?
>and then she floated up to the surface and started talking to him, just confusing him further
>how was she expecting him to hear her while he was still deep underwater?

>realizing this was the only way to really get anywhere with this, Danny gave a sigh that turned into a small cloud of bubbles

>then his head floated up to join Felicia on the water's surface, popping up and bobbing on the surface like he was a living buoy
>and when he spoke, he didn't sound like a tortured spirit or anything of the sort, but just like a slightly annoyed teenager whose parent had barged into his room without warning

Ah don't mean ta tell ya how ya live your laife, but Ah'm pretty sure skinny-dippin' in a school's public pool is a bit unwaise.

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553345

File: 1550699623486.png (166.17 KB, 512x708, __natsuki_doki_doki_literature…)

>>41553301
>>41553305
>>41553309
>When Kari mentioned "disney character", and how there was some similarity between Chris and them. Was someone already trying to steal their work?

Who is this Disney you speak of Kari?

>That name sounded but the answer eluded Chris to the point of annoyance.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553347

>>41553341

>Felicia still only responded to the floating head trying to talk to her with her same dense friendliness. no reason to be rude, even if it was to a weird water-ghost.


Nahhh, I’m sure it’s fine! Since when has anyone ever needed clothes for anything? Except when they’re cold, I guess. Which I am! Was! But now I’m in the water, so I’m warm! So having clothes on would just be redundant right now!

>well, she really seemed to like the sound of her own voice, that’s for sure.


Well, unless you’re not comfortable with this! I don’t really see a problem with it myself, but, y’know, this is your haunting ground and everything. It’d be really rude of me to intrude on your final resting place and not follow a polite request ‘n stuff. Fortunately, I came prepared! Got a swimsuit and everything ready to go with the rest of my stuff, just say the word!

>she still kept running the absolute shit out of her mouth, even as she lazily drifted onto her back and started slowly floating aside Danny’s head.


It’d be really cool if you didn’t say the word though. I really like how the water feels, and I’m not really super into how a swimsuit just gets in the way, y’know? I mean, nothing that lives in the ocean wears a swimsuit, and if you can’t trust a fish to know a thing or two about how you’re supposed to swim, who can you trust?

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553349

File: 1550702983101.jpg (435.54 KB, 700x952, 5df5b94942ef224b8dad4fd6852823…)

>>41553345
>>41553309

I uh, was just talking about the character Nick Wilder, from Zootopia. Though now that I think of it I might be mixing him up with an actor...

>>41553305

>"nothing we can't achieve." ... Maybe that was true, especially with the nature of some of their powers...


....heh, I think I figured out what I want to do

>Kari looked away from the other girls as she washed herself to avoid further blushing...or boob staring.


>After a few quiet moments, a smirk crosses her face


...you know the least surprising thing to come out of the mouth of someone going here but, I've just decided.

>She grins widely closing her eyes as she lathers soap into her hair


I'm going to become a Super Hero.

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553357

File: 1550711561607.jpg (27.06 KB, 400x400, 2xDa-EDZ_400x400.jpg)

>>41553347
>Danny was only further baffled by how Felicia was handling all of this
>not only was she still not afraid of him, but she was just babbling on like it was as natural to her as breathing
>before he could even process the first bit of her statement, about the necessity of clothing on a regular basis, she had already moved on to talk about how he felt about this
>so it'd take some time after she finally finished before Danny could answer, needing to take in everything she said, having to get past the inanity of her commentary on clothing before he started to realize something

...hauntin' ground...? Fainal restin' place...?

>now that he thought about it, he supposed he did look a lot like a ghost

>a disembodied head floating in water could easily be a ghost story all on its own
>still, it was necessary to clear this up now
>so he closed his eyes, partially so as to not stare at her and go and make her uncomfortable, and partially to stay focused

Ma'am, Ah hate ta confuse ya, but Ah ain't a ghost.

An' th' reason Ah'm uncomfortable is, ta put it simply...

You were swimmin' in me.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553358

>>41553357

>as soon as Danny started trying to respond to Felicia’s bizarre rambling, she immediately righted herself again in the water, watching him attentively like an excited puppy.

>though she seemed to take the news that Danny was NOT in fact dead with some mild disappointment.

dang, being friends with a ghost could’a been cool.

>but that aside, she just patiently watched Danny with a cheerful, completely empty-headed smile.

>even when he said the creepiest shit he could have possibly said.
>”You were swimmin' in me.”

>Felicia just kept staring straight through the talking head, her smile not faltering for a second. and eventually, after a brief but still slightly uncomfortably long moment, she replied in the exact same chipper voice she had already been using.


Gross!

>and at that, she simply leaned back and resumed her lazy floating.


That musta felt super weird, huh? Sorry ‘bout that, I didn’t mean to intrude on your personal space! Though I guess inside of you is a lot more than just personal space, isn’t it? Still, point is that I apologize! Oh, and speaking of stuff I apologize for! I just realized I still haven’t introduced myself, hi I’m Felicia!

>she slowly circled around her back in the water until her head pointed towards Danny’s, then tilted her head back further into the water to reestablish eye contact.

>apparently Felicia either didn’t realize that her eyes were also making contact with chlorinated water, because she still kept talking even with half of her face below the surface.

So between that and the way your face sorta reverse-melted back into a head, I’m gonna take a guess and say you’re probably, like, part of the water somehow, right?

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553361

File: 1550720050679.jpg (52.36 KB, 818x677, 0e6a800ed723e5d07a7497223d3db1…)

>>41553358

.....

>Danny slowly opened his eyes when he heard Felicia's response, her overall cheery attitude being just a bit off-putting

>he had gone and explained what was happening in as blunt a manner as he could, and yet she was still acting as if they were just talking about boys or...something like that
>how she could deal with just swimming around in his...self with only a brief reaction like that was puzzling, to put it lightly
>though she wasn't screaming at him for accusing him of being a pervert, so that was a plus

>at her latter question, Danny moved like he was going to nod, but instead it came off as more of a light bobbing in the water


Yeah, tha's mah powah.

Ah can turn intah watah, an' merge with othah watah sources sometaimes.

Ah came out here ta get some practice, since it's kainda hard ta reform in big bodies laike this...

>as he said this, Felicia might see and feel the water around them rushing towards Danny's head, gathering around underneath him in a cloud of bubbles

>nonchalant about this, Danny offers a slight smile, now just ignoring the fact that she was naked, at least since she was

Ah'm Danny, by th' by.

Danny Rogers.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553362

>>41553361

Well, nice to meetcha, Danny! My name’s Felicia! wait, I already said that. I’d offer to shake your hand or something, but I’m pretty sure I’d sink if I did that, and also you don’t have hands. But you can pretend I shook your hand in spirit!

>Felicia actually fell silent for a few merciful seconds, lazily drifting in a circle around Danny as she thought over the explanation he’d given of his powers.


Sooo, you’re not just a head? The rest of your body is all spread out in the rest of the water? That’s pretty neat, I wish I could do weird stuff like that. I can’t really do anything that special, pretty much just regular ol’ demon stuff.

Stronger’n normal, harder to hurt’n normal, big pointy teeth, apparently I’m probably supposed to be real good at magic stuff, but I haven’t really started studying that stuff yet, y’kn- heeeeeeey! Wait a second!

>Felicia abruptly righted herself again in the water, turning to face Danny with a mild glare – one born less out of genuine anger than mild irritation.


If you’re the water, that means you’re the one who pushed me out of the pool a minute ago! And that means - !

>rather than continuing to tread water, Felicia’s body suddenly went rigid as if she were standing on solid ground, with her hands indignantly on her hips.


- you touched my butt, you jerk!

>considering that she’d stopped moving, it didn’t take long for Felicia to quickly slip back under the surface of the water, still maintaining eye contact even as she sank. she only barely seemed to realize that she was even underwater long enough to push herself back to the surface to speak again.


- And you didn’t even ask first! I would’a let you if you’d just asked! I know I’m cute and all, but have some patience, sheesh!

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553378

File: 1550750230704.jpg (44.62 KB, 321x425, I like it.jpg)

>>41553309
>Brooke glanced behind her, gaining a more apologetic look to her
O-Oh, Ah'm... terribly sorry!

Ah nevuh even considered how hard it must be t' have to deal with that...

>"What would they approve of..."

...?

"They"?
>Brooke asked, a bit curious over what gave Kashvi pause just then

>>41553345
>>41553349
>most of the Disney conversation flew past her; she hadn't thought about DIsney in years, so-
>"I'm going to become a Super Hero."
Eh...?
>Brooke blinked, pausing for a brief second as she looked over to Kari
>sure, never judge a book by its cover and all, but... boy, could she not see this girl survive long at all
>or... well, she technically didn't survive already... but she knew what she meant!
>well, whatever; that wasn't her problem
>but Brooke still had to react, so:
Oh mah stars!
>with giddy excitement, Brooke suddenly left Chris and Kashvi's side and ran right up to Kari
>throwing all manner of "personal space" out the window to give the other girl a big soapy hug
That's so brave of you, Kari~!

A-Aren't you scared though!? A-Ah mean, Ah'd thought about it mahself, of course, but Ah always get so nervous!

>her lazy grin grew a bit up at the redhead

To be able to say that so confidently; ha-haaah~! Ah'm kahnda jealous!
>letting go of Kari, she gave her an encouraging fist pump
Ah just know you'll do great~!

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553380

File: 1550761492207.jpg (28.25 KB, 640x427, 4396064_640px.jpg)

>>41553362
>once again, Danny had to mull over what Felicia was saying before he could respond, given there was so much to go over
>and that he was still concentrating on getting his form back
>Felicia being a literal demon was one thing, surprising but something he'd gotten used to
>considering all the stories about Surprise and all
>he was more baffled at how she responded to him moving the water around her like he did, now staring at her with a disbelieving expression

<"...it took her that long to get it?"


>not to mention he technically touched more than just her butt


...Ah was tryin' ta get ya out of th' pool - an' by extension, me - without causin' ya much embarrassment.

>though a) that seemed like a rather foolish way to do that, and b) clearly Felicia was not the type to understand embarrassment


...if it helps, Ah didn' feel much.

>that probably wouldn't help

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553382

File: 1550772191116.jpg (6.85 KB, 300x168, I Will Win This Staring Contes…)

>the past month or so had been rather quiet for Crowley, which was good since it gave him some time to recover
>his burn scars had fully healed and were actually fading a bit by this point, much to his relief
>things were going on at the Sphinx at a sedate enough pace that he felt at ease, given there weren't exactly many customers in the post-Christmas season
>things had also certainly...progressed with Bianca, so that made Valentine's Day both stressful to prepare for, and...rewarding in the end
>and having a dog in the house was a bit of an adjustment, but with both Bianca and Celia helping out, it was a relatively smooth transition
>so all in all, things were going good for Crowley

>except for one thing, of course

>in all that time, Whisper still hadn't returned
>Crowley had done his best to find them, or coax them out of what he perceived was their hiding place
>but despite his best efforts, Whisper was still in hiding, and he wasn't sure what he could do to fix that
>he was almost starting to think that this was it; his time as Whisper the superhero was over, and he'd just have to adjust to a normal life
>and yet strangely, whenever he had that thought, he got the feeling that someone was watching him at that moment, even if he was somewhere closed off at home
>whatever that meant, Crowley hadn't totally given up yet, though it was getting harder to find places he hadn't already checked

>today wasn't so stressful, though

>he had just finished up at the Sphinx again, and shortly after he got home, he and his faithful dog were back out on the streets for a walk
>getting her into the collar and leash was a bit of a struggle the first time, and he had to make sure she understood he wasn't going to take her anywhere she didn't want to go
>at least, not then, given they should probably take her to see a vet soon
>but after that things went smoothly enough, and Crowley made it a point to walk her himself whenever he could
>so they trekked down the snow-covered streets of Arkham, a cold wind still blowing through the air, winter still keeping its icy grip on the town as a whole
>Crowley gave a small shiver as they walked past the Sphinx, then looked down at his faithful companion, opting to check on her despite the fur meant to keep her warm

You doing OK, Betty?

Betty!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553383

File: 1550773195434.jpg (20.57 KB, 234x389, waiting.jpg)

>>41553382
>ever the obedient assassin-dog, walking "Betty" wasn't a very stressful task to undertake after those first few times
>a collar was clearly an unfamiliar sensation to her at first, and she seemed to cower before the leash a few times when she was first introduced to it
>but with enough patience and understanding from her owner's part, Betty soon came to accept, and even appreciate, these walks around the town of Arkham
>she'd walk right alongside Crowley, very rarely trying to push ahead of him, or tug against the collar
>the only times Crowley would need to were when she got distracted with the usual dog things (spotting a bird; yummy smells coming from nearby tables; a particularly sniff-worthy street corner; etc.), but beyond that, it was very easy to see just how obedient the dog was
>something almost everyone who'd stop to pet her would comment on, especially given how Crowley was the one walking this dog who was almost as long as he was tall, and probably heavier

>the wind and snow did little to deter her enjoyment of spending time with her owner

>at the sound of his voice, she simply looked up at him with a light twitch of her single ear
>her pace slowed down just a bit for a short moment, as if misunderstanding the question for a request to walk closer to him

...-?

>but then, she stopped

>her ear stood up, her entire body standing in attention
>she quickly scanned the area, turning her head from side to side, clearly on the lookout for something
>until-
Grrrrrr...
>her posture changed with the growl at seemingly nothing
>she curled up slightly, ear flattening backwards as she almost-crawled closer to Crowley's feet
>she was still looking all around her, a faint whimper leaving her throat, mixed in with her attempts at intimidating growling
Grrrrr...! Rrrrrgh...

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553384

File: 1550774277397.png (67.58 KB, 244x273, What the fuck is that.png)

>>41553383

...?

>Crowley watched Betty stare back up at him, a tad befuddled himself

>times like these, he really wondered what went through her head
>he knew she was smarter than the average dog, so she clearly must've been thinking about something, he just couldn't fathom what
>if only she could talk...

>though her inching closer to him while suddenly growling at seemingly nothing was a clear enough sign


Betty?

>he knelt closer to her as she looked all around, quickly growing concerned as he could tell she was more alarmed than anything else


Betty, what's the matter?

Do you smell something? What is it?

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553385

File: 1550774951069.jpg (55.95 KB, 414x479, come.jpg)

>>41553384
-!!
>Betty's eye suddenly widened, and she suddenly sprung towards Crowley
>with all the leg power she could muster, she'd headbutt him away from her as far as she could before-
>FWOOOM!
>a loud whimper left the dog as the fireball collided against her side, sending her tumbling out into the street
>she flailed, both from the burns as well as the slippery street, still loudly whimpering as she tried to get back onto her feet

>and then-

>BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
>several parked cars exploded around the street, as the silvery ooze that sprayed the floor erupted into walls of flames
>the crowd panicked, quickly running as far away from the fires and chaos as they could

>and descending from a rooftop with the use of his Stand, "Canned Heat", was the man behind the raging inferno

>he landed on the opposite sidewalk, calmly walking to the road where Betty still squirmed in pain
Disgusting...

You dishonor your masters with your failure to do your mission, and now you spit on them by groveling before the enemy of your God!?
>he growled towards the dog as she managed to slowly climb up onto her paws
>only for her to suddenly yelp, Hurst's foot colliding against her side to kick her back towards the sidewalk

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553386

File: 1550776206673.jpg (61.36 KB, 500x280, Yes, I AM EXPERIENCING THE EMO…)

>>41553385

-!

>Crowley had no time to prepare for any of this

>he could only wonder why Betty had tackled him for a second, before he saw the flash of fire and heard her yelp in pain
>and then the cars started exploding, Crowley landing on the pavement just as they started going off, causing him to flinch with each one
>he quickly hurried back up to his feet, not knowing what just happened, running back out to where he was previously, now panicked over what could've happened to Betty
>only to see who was now moving towards her, and quickly putting everything together

<"Hurst..."


>for just a moment, Crowley hesitated

>without Whisper around, he didn't have any chance of standing up to him
>Hurst would annihilate him in an instant if he wanted to
>what good could he do on his own?

-!!!

>and then he kicked his dog

>now not even the forces of Hell itself were going to stop him, as he was already running right for Hurst as fast as he could, beside himself with rage

GET AWAY FROM HER!

>and he just kept running, trying to throw his entire weight behind him as he charged right at Hurst, intending to tackle him away from Betty

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553387

File: 1550776887130.jpg (77.02 KB, 480x480, heat.jpg)

>>41553386
>Crowley's tackle would, unfortunately, never meet its target
>the much larger Hurst coiled his fingers into a solid fist; one that was aimed straight at Crowley's jaw as he blindly rushed towards him
>with a low grunt and a scoff, Hurst watched between the two, but focused primarily on Crowley with disgust
What do you wait for? Summon whatever powers you possess!

What redemption could I hope to achieve by killing but a mere child!?

>grabbing hold of his the clothes covering his torso, he would swiftly tear them off as if they were made of mere paper

THIS IS OUR FINAL STAND, WHISPER! Are to deny me glory before the eyes of the Lord!?

Then I shall gladly become a sinner to fulfill his desire! CANNED HEAT!
>the Stand emerged behind its User, launching a slimy arm towards Crowley to swat at him

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553388

File: 1550777555297.png (78.08 KB, 244x273, I'm going to FUCK YOU UP.png)

>>41553387
>THUD!

GAH!

>Crowley was obviously unprepared for Hurst's punch to the jaw, falling back onto the sidewalk as he had to deal with the pain shooting through his mouth

>or he would, if he wasn't already pushing himself back up to just get at Hurst all the faster
>he was already preparing to rush him again, only for Canned Heat to hit his other cheek with a wet slap, sending him stumbling the other way
>he knew that meant he was seconds away from ending up covered in flames, without Whisper to protect him this time
>but he was just so angry he couldn't bring himself to care

You think I care at all about your "redemption"?!

>he whipped back to face Hurst and charged again, this time swinging a wild fist as he approached, just wanting to hit him somewhere

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553389

File: 1550777888762.jpg (34.98 KB, 640x360, stop.jpg)

>>41553388
>Crowley's hand would meet against the slimy body of Canned Heat, not even a flinch coming from the Stand
>the ooze then clenched around Crowley's hand, holding him place as Hurst took a step closer to Crowley
No... I suppose you wouldn't...
>he then reached forward, gripping onto Crowley's collar
>and swiftly delivering another closed fist directly at face
FINE THEN!
>and another
DIE LIKE THE DOG YOU TRULY ARE, IF YOU SO WISH!
>and another
YOU COULD HAVE BEEN A TREMENDOUS ALLY!
>and another
YOU COULD HAVE BEEN A GRACIOUS FOE!
>and another
BUT YOU CHOSE THIS DESPICABLE PATH FOR BOTH OF US!

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553390

File: 1550778920785.png (71.06 KB, 184x179, The FUCK Did You Just Say!.pn…)

>>41553389
>Crowley probably should've expected that punch wouldn't land, only realizing it after the fact
>he looked at it as it sank into Canned Heat's body for just a moment, before the first punch from Hurst landed

>THUD!


GNNNH-!

>Crowley's head snapped back, reeling forward again out of reflex


>THWACK!


GNNNF-!

>and again it swung back, the impact to his jaw worsening the pre-existing pain


>CRACK!


GNNNH-!

>this time he could swear something broke

>his nose?
>his jaw?

>THWACK!


NNNF-!

>his nose the first time, now he could feel it

>since the fourth punch had definitely dislodged a tooth

>THUD!


FFFFFN-!

>that last one definitely left him reeling

>he heard this odd ringing sound in his one ear, and his vision was a bit blurry
>maybe he had a black eye now, he couldn't tell
>his legs wobbled, and his feet started to slip out from under him
>but he used what little mental strength he had to stand his ground, grunting in pain as he slowly lifted his head again
>he couldn't see Hurst very well, but he was still conscious enough to shoot him a venomous glare, for the moment unable to do much else

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553391

File: 1550782206916.jpg (47.48 KB, 640x357, fast.jpg)

>>41553390
>Hurst let out a frustrated growl at Crowley display of defiance
Why won't you-
>but before he could send another fist down onto the boy, a large black mass jumped between Hurst and Crowley
>the much heavier Betty collided against Hurst, her sharp teeth digging into his arm's flesh and striking the bone beneath
>Hurst let go of Crowley, falling onto his back with a loud howl of pain
Y-YOU FUCKING MUTT-!
>he punched Betty once, then twice straight on the head with his free hand
>the blows quickly did their work, forcing the dog to fall onto the pavement once more with another shrill whimper
>Hurst sat up and rolled onto his knees, his eyes nearly glazed over with sheer anger, as he brought down another flurry of punches onto the dog's head, sandwiched between his fists and the road

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553392

File: 1550782659979.png (52.21 KB, 223x230, For The Last Time, I Was Drunk…)

>>41553391
>Crowley staggered once Hurst had let him go, his knees wobbling again, and for a moment or two he couldn't quite understand what was happening around him
>his ear was still ringing from the blows to his head, but one of them was still able to hear Hurst cursing in pain and anger
>and even with his blurry vision, he was able to turn and see him wailing on Betty again

BETTY!

>he ran towards them again, unaware that as he moved, a certain puddle of black goo had managed to sneak onto the scene

>as he ran, the goo lunged forward, latching onto his leg and already starting to crawl up his skin
>but because he was too dazed or too angry, he didn't notice, and instead swung his other leg to try and kick Hurst in the head so he'd get off of his dog

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553393

File: 1550783075409.jpg (65.98 KB, 640x361, punched.jpg)

>>41553392
>seeing the boy approach him from the corner of his eye, Hurst let out another growl
>his hand reached out to grab Crowley's leg just as it was swung
>but once he realized the leg wasn't stopping, it was too late to do anything
>KRACK!
>Crowley's foot connected cleanly with Hurst's face and jaw, lifting him off the pavement
>flying a good couple of feet backwards, he tumbled to the floor like a rag doll, gasping and coughing from a jaw he couldn't quite yet pin down was broken or not

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553395

File: 1550783513848.png (172.24 KB, 636x350, Yes, I CAN See You. Both Hands…)

>>41553393
>Crowley stumbled a bit after the kick landed, still woozy from all the blows to the head, though he watched as Hurst crumpled to the ground nearby
>the urge to rush after him was very strong right then
>he wanted to just pounce on him and keep wailing on him, just unleash every bit of anger, resentment, and guilt that he had built up over this whole ordeal
>he had to actually force himself to listen to the whimpering that Betty was making beneath him, just to not do that
>he let out a few huffs of breath, the adrenaline wearing down, as he turned to where Betty was laying
>and soon knelt down beside her, his anger dissipating and worry taking control again

Betty?!

Betty, can you hear me?!

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553397

File: 1550784139491.jpg (111.77 KB, 544x544, army.jpg)

>>41553395
>the dog quietly whimpered as Crowley talked to her
>her eye was clearly hurt, along with all the bun marks on her body, but she still tried to move
>rolling slightly onto her stomach, she craned her neck as best she could, giving a weak lick at Crowley's bruised face

>meanwhile, Hurst let out another growl as he slowly and somewhat awkwardly pushed himself to his feet

>but then... he let out a quiet laugh
F-Finally... you show yourself...

Was that all it took then, Whisper!?
>he suddenly turned to Crowley, a wide grin stretched on his face
Need I only to harm such foul beasts for you to take notice of me!?

THEN SO BE IT!
>the Stand reemerged behind the Blade
CANNED HEAT!
>it brought both hands together, slamming them into a growing bubble of silver ooze
>the Stand then launched the bubble straight towards Crowley and Betty

>splot!

FUCKER!
>only to be intercepted by the large red face of Betty's Stand, Wehrmacht
>but given the state of its User, the imposing tank was clearly badly damaged itself, and only barely still functional

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553398

File: 1550785082943.png (78.08 KB, 244x273, I'm going to FUCK YOU UP.png)

>>41553397
>Crowley's concern only grew as he got a proper look at Betty, the burn marks sticking out to him in particular
>he couldn't help but feel a fresh surge of guilt over this, over how this could've been avoided if he and Whisper just stopped Hurst sooner
>he felt the lick on his cheek, leaning closer and gently petting the top of Betty's head

It's OK girl...I'll get you out of here soon, just take it easy...

>a naive promise, but one he fully meant all the same


>Hurst's voice broke his line of focus, and as he looked over to him, his anger came back all at once

>he flinched when Betty's Stand came out to protect them, but that surprise was quickly gone
>unable to think or plan, he got up from where he was kneeling and rushed at Hurst again, ignoring the blood pouring from his nose, the pain shooting through his jaw, or the ringing in his ear
>he could see Hurst ahead and he had to get him

I don't want to hear any more of your garbage, Hurst!

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553399

File: 1550785427541.jpg (55.95 KB, 414x479, come.jpg)

>>41553398
>Hurst laughed once more, watching as Crowley charged blindly at him once more
>the Stand twisted behind Hurst, launching several streaks of silver ooze towards the floor
>with a simple snap of his fingers, the ooze lit up into more walls of fire, increasing the heat around them
THEN COME, WHISPER!

LET THIS BE OUR DAY OF JUDGMENT!
>he swung a fist forwards at Crowley with as much strength as he could muster

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553401

File: 1550786138365.png (71.06 KB, 184x179, The FUCK Did You Just Say!.pn…)

>>41553399
>Crowley halted in his movement once the fire shot up, surprised for a second
>which allowed enough time for Hurst to get in another punch, this one staggering him back again
>he groaned at first, his head feeling foggy, a feeling he tried to shake off
>he then felt something roll around in his mouth, and he held his hand out and spat into it
>he blinked a couple of times, not quite able to understand that he was staring at his own bloody tooth
>but he tried again to shake the dazed feeling away, throwing his tooth on the ground and turning to Hurst again

You...you come out here...you destroy parts of this town...you put people's lives at risk...you hurt Betty...

>he wiped at his bloody mouth, sucking in wind through the pain shooting through his face


And you have the nerve...to talk about judgment...?

>his fists clench, and he raises his head and wildly swings at Hurst again


What gives you the right?!

>however, his vision had blurred considerably, and while he thought he swung at Hurst, he actually missed him by a slight amount, slipping past him

>undeterred, he kept shouting at him

What makes you think you can judge anyone?!

>he then spun and swung again, his fist swinging past Hurst's nose


You care nothing for other people's lives! How dare you try and judge them for their sins?!

>he moved forward and swung again, but again stumbled and missed


You...! You...!

>Crowley kept swinging wildly, but between his blurred vision and nearly choking on his anger, he was quickly losing the ability to speak as well

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553402

File: 1550786933940.jpg (34.98 KB, 640x360, stop.jpg)

>>41553401
>Crowley's blindly thrown punches were very simple to dodge for one like Hurst
>and after a while, he hardly even needed to try at all
>the grin on his face slowly vanished, looking down at his foe with increasing disgust
"Right"?

My "right" comes from the force beyond either of us, child!

>he reached froward, grabbing a hold of Crowley's collar once more

My right-
>he swung a fist directly at his stomach
-is that of GOD's-
>another one at his jaw
-GRAND AND DIVINE WILL!
>he then gripped Crowley's robes with both hands, lifting his knee straight at Crowley's gut
What do you know of such things, child!?

I have gazed into the face of God, and He smiled at me!

He took me from a life of aimless wandering and sin; chose me to carry out His work; personally visited me on this forsaken hellhole to whisper His words of infinite love and wisdom to ME!

>he pulled Crowley closer to him, lifting him off the ground from his robes as he glared into his eyes

You, a heathen, doubt my right. But I? I have no doubts.

For what else could it mean that GOD HIMSELF saw fit to grace me with his touch, his voice, his mere presence!

It means that I am His chosen! It means that I am His favored! IT MEANS THAT I AM HIS MESSIAH, BROUGHT HERE TO CAST HIS JUDGMENT UPON ALL OF YOU!
>Canned Heat loomed above Hurst and Crowley, reached down at the boy with its hand
You will be the first to burn, Whisper...

Such is His will. Such is mine.

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553403

File: 1550787480961.png (283.43 KB, 853x480, vlcsnap-2011-11-01-16h49m40s22…)

>>41553402
>Crowley had no way to defend himself from what was coming
>he let out a short oonf at the punch to the gut, the impact only serving to daze him again
>then his head reeled back from the punch to the jaw, not sure if something was broken, but certainly feeling like there was
>and then came the knee to the gut

HGACK!

>he doubled over at this, all the wind knocked out of him, slumping down even as Hurst held him in his grip

>and even though his sight and hearing was muddled, he could hear Hurst's shouting, see his face as he was hefted up to his eye level
>he could hear the blasphemous words come from his mouth, and not even for an instant was Crowley in doubt
>he believed in a kinder God, in a Messiah who would lead people to prosperity and Paradise, not disperse cruelty to those He saw fit
>even as he felt his energy leave him, he believed in his heart in this
>so even as Hurst prepared for the final blow, Crowley wouldn't let that stand

>ptoo


>it was a small bit of blood that flew from Crowley's mouth, hitting Hurst's cheek

>but if that wasn't enough of a statement on how he felt, Hurst would hear him manage to get out:

You...are no...Messiah...

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553405

File: 1550787921660.jpg (68.46 KB, 480x480, head.jpg)

>>41553403
>the blood spat on his cheek was nearly enough to send Hurst into another fit of rage
>but instead, he simply threw Crowley into the pavement
>Canned Heat's silver hand then oozed, cutting itself off of its arm to splat onto Crowley's body
Soon, you will meet God.

Perhaps He will deign you worthy of the truth before casting you into the pit...
>raising his hand, he held his fingers close to each other
I almost envy you for that.

>snap!

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553406

File: 1550788792308.png (122.74 KB, 482x268, Seriously, I've Had Worse....p…)

>>41553405
>as Crowley fell to the ground, a part of him thought that this was it
>he was done for
>as Hurst said, much to his dismay, he was going to meet his God
>but a far louder part of his brain wouldn't even let him start to feel regret over who he was leaving behind, instead shouting at him to get up
>if he didn't get up now, Hurst wasn't going to stop
>Bianca, Ana, Sooth, Kasumi, Celia, Angelica, Bonnie, Betty, Deedee
>everyone he knew and cared about was going to die, and he had to move and stop Hurst right now
>even as that silver goo dripped onto his body, he struggled to get back up, that voice still urging him to move
>in fact, that voice was starting to sound familiar...

<"CROWLEY!"


-!

>FWOOSH!


>Crowley's eyes shot open as the flames erupted on his chest, but only for a second

>for a mass of black quickly came around the flames, shielding his body from the deadly fire
>even while he heard that inhuman scream echoing in his ears, he knew what had happened

<"Whisper!"


>he quickly rolled over onto his stomach, trying to smother the flames underneath him, what little snow that hadn't melted acting as an aid on that front

>while a bit of the black goo wrapped around his leg, swinging out soon after to try and catch Hurst off-guard

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553407

File: 1550789225469.jpg (77.02 KB, 480x480, heat.jpg)

>>41553406
-!
>as Crowley rolled to extinguish the flames, Hurst stomped forward
>he lifted his foot, ready to send it down against Crowley's head
I tried to give you an honorable--!?
>but the black tendril caught him at the best possible time for it
>the swat had Hurst easily lose his balance, sending him tumbling to ground
>with a frustrated growl, Hurst quickly looked back at Crowley, Canned Heat reappearing once more
>hardening its hand, the Stand swung a heavy fist down at Crowley to pin him to the pavement

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553408

File: 1550790977398.png (243.93 KB, 624x348, Oh GOD, That Is Definitely NSF…)

>>41553407
>Crowley felt the WHUMPF that came with Canned Heat pinning him to the ground, but didn't register it beyond the initial shock and pain
>instead, he was far more focused on the surprise return of the mass of black currently attached to his chest, quickly expressing his understandable worry
>which Hurst would hear, leading to what could only be described as half of a conversation

Whisper?! Whisper, are you OK?!

<"Hnn...C-Crowley...Crowley, we are...so sorry..."


>Crowley quickly shook his head, looking down as far as he could out of panic


No, please, don't be! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have dragged you into that, I knew you weren't ready!

<"We...we should not have...abandoned you...not when you needed us most..."


I never blamed you for that! I was worried you were hurt, I wasn't sure if you were even alive!

<"We should not have let our...our fear...break our promise to you..."


Whisper, I couldn't-

<"We know. We know you wouldn't abandon someone in need. That's why...that's why we choose you..."


...Whisper...

>the fire smothered, the black goo resumed spreading around Crowley, covering his body more and more in the familiar suit

>in doing so, they both started to push back against Canned Heat, slowly getting to their hands and knees

<"We still intend to make things right...no matter how much it hurts...we know you feel the same..."


...of course I do!

>they both pushed back more forcefully, managing to make it up to a kneeling position, straining against Canned Heat's strength

Betty & Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553409

File: 1550791235848.jpg (47.48 KB, 640x357, fast.jpg)

>>41553408
>Hurst could only stare in confusion as Crowley seemingly spoke to himself
>had the pressure driven him mad already?
-!?
>but then, he felt it
>that force battling against Canned Heat
Impossible...-!
>Canned Heat quickly lifted the heavy "block" of ooze off of Crowley's back
>then quickly swung it back down against them to slam them back against the ground

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553415

>>41553380

>”Embarassment”? as soon as that word had left Danny’s mouth, Felicia’s expression snapped straight from indignation right to honest confusion.


Why would I have been embarrassed? Is it ‘cause of the no-clothes thing? Or the “technically being inside your body” thing? ‘Cause if it’s that, then I dunno! Some people are into that kind of thing! I don’t think I’m one of them, but I try to keep an open mind! And if it’s the naked thing, I don’t think anyone should be embarrassed about that either! I mean, everyone’s born naked, and a lot of them are gonna die naked too, so why worry about being naked in the meantime inbetween? Way I see it, everyone should be more positive about how they look and appreciate themselves for what they are!

>well, at least her optimism didn’t seem to be weighed down by the inherent awkwardness of the situation at hand.

>even when Danny said the probably-worst thing he could’ve said.
>”If it helps, Ah didn' feel much.”
>even then, that same empty-headed smile stayed firmly on Felicia’s face.

Oh, well in that case! Whenever you get your hands back, you can have another touch if you want! Y’know, just for the sake of completeness or something.

>as flirtatious as the invitation would’ve sounded from anyone else, judging by Felicia’s tone and the expression on her face, she seemed to mean it weirdly earnestly.

>I mean, what’s a little nude butt-touching between new friends?

But in the meantime - !

>she suddenly kicked away from Danny, drifting over to the nearest wall of the pool and throwing her arms over the edge, leaning against the tile as if relaxing on a couch.


- how ‘bout’cha tell me about yourself, Danny? It’d be a little weird for me to make that offer to a new friend without even knowing anything about you, and besides! I’m sure someone with a fancy accent like you’ve got has probably gotta be pretty interesting, right?

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553427

File: 1550799129539.jpg (41.67 KB, 500x750, c255415a444f00435023e79d317b0c…)

>>41553415
>the more Felicia spoke, the more utterly baffled Danny felt
>he probably should've expected her to be OK with being naked in general - she was skinny-dipping in a school pool when class was due to start in a short time
>but for her to then turn around and offer to let him touch her butt, ignoring the fact that they had just met and barely knew each other, just led Danny to more or less give up
>Felicia was just OK with basically whatever
>and honestly...

If Ah wasn't in a relationship, Ah maight take ya up on that.

>but that was neither here nor there


>his body seemed to be closer to forming beneath him, the cloud of water having formed a torso, and what could generously be described as limbs were growing out from it

>he still didn't raise his head past the water's surface, however, considering her question before deciding what to delve into

...well, Ah'm from a wealthy family in New Orleans. Was raised in th' lap of luxury, didn' even have any problems when Ah developed mah powahs.

Spent most 'a mah days chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool...

>tempting as it was to continue that reference, Danny kept up his more deadpan expression and went on to explain a little bit more about what happened


Then, aftah a...disagreement with mah parents, Ah decided ta come here an' learn a few things about superheroin'.

>before Felicia could ask for more details, he quickly blurted out the first question that came to mind, figuring that if nothing could phase her he wouldn't have to think too much about what to say


So are ya really a demon?

Or is tha' jus' what people think ya are?
This post was edited by its author on .

Kashvi Chakravartin!harharharCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553428

>>41553345
>>41553349

Oh, right, of course I know about that!

I absolutely know who that is.

Definitely.

Don't ask me about it.

> There we go. Perfect blending in mechanics.


> "Be a Super Hero."


>>41553378

> Kashvi didn't even really hear Brooke's question as Kari changed the topic.


> Her relief was short-lived, once she realized what Kari meant. The only reason Warren had told her to go to STAR was because it was an easy escape from juvenile detention for vigilante activity. In other words, a way to keep her from being used as leverage against her parents.


> But the idea of being a super hero... It made her heart pound in fear. It made her thoughts start to go in circles.


< No, my parents-- no, scratch that, my entire family--


> There was just no way.


< They'd never allow it. never. Why am I even considering this!? Stop standing like a dumbass about to take a punch! Get your expression correct!


> Suddenly her face shifted to a more calm seeming demeanor, and her back straightened, and she swallowed the lump in her throat.


"That's. Sudden? I mean of course it's sudden, I just met you? I don't know anything about you so, uh."

"I'm just going to... Shut up now."

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553429

File: 1550799594240.png (71.06 KB, 184x179, The FUCK Did You Just Say!.pn…)

>>41553409
>once the weight was off of their back, Crowley and Whisper straightened up, the black goo that was the symbiote having covered most of Crowley's body
>they looked over their shoulder as they heard Hurst cry out, then quickly rolled to the side when the weight came down again
>all but Crowley's head was now covered, but whether he cared at the moment was unclear
>he could still feel his stomach and chest ache in pain, but that wasn't about to stop them
>he quickly stood back up, then lunged at Hurst, a dual cry coming from the returning hero
>they swung their arm at him, hand open and claws extended, swiping right at his face

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553449

>>41553427

>for the moment, Felicia was actually surprisingly quiet, patiently absorbing everything Danny said and enthusiastically nodding along.

>but as soon as he’d finished, the floodgates burst once again.

Geez, I know how that can be. Well, not firsthand at least, but I know a lot of people around here don’t really have it too good with their family, but hey! You’re here and doing well for yourself now, right? I mean, you just said that you have a relationship, after all. That’s gotta mean that you’ve got some good stuff in your life right now!

>for a moment, Felicia both actually dropped her smile and took her eyes off of Danny, staring up into the ceiling in quiet contemplation.


...I wonder what being rich is like. Must be nice, huh? I know they say money doesn’t buy happiness, but I’m not sure if that’s totally true. I can think of a lot of ways money can make a lot of people happy.



...Ah, geez, I’ve been talking too much, haven’t I? Sorry, I just get really excited when I meet new people. Words just sorta come out before I can think them all the way through, y’know? I’ll try to settle down a little.

>she then returned her attention back to Danny, her smile promptly returning and her voice picking back up to its usual volume.


Well, to answer your question – nope, totally true! Or mostly true, at least. I’m mostly human, but my mom’s dad is the demon Naberius. Or Neberos, or Cerberus, or a bunch of other things. Demons get a lot of names, y’know?

But more importantly, wanna see me prove it?

>without waiting for an answer, Felicia’s grin grew even wider for a second as she shifted herself up against the pool wall, tightly gripping the edges of the rim.

>then, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, seemingly preparing herself for god only knows what. whatever it was, it definitely seemed to be pretty strenuous, since Felicia’s eyes squeezed tight and she started making a lot of quiet groans and grunts of exertion.
>after a few tense seconds of whatever-the-hell this was, a sudden sharp pop filled the air, and Felicia relaxed again, smiling with a relieved sigh and pointing to the fruits of her efforts;
>a pair of absolutely adorable little stubby purple devil horns poking from the sides of her head.
Okay, that’s part one. Now for the real show!

>this time, she rolled over in the water to lay her front against the edge of the pool, slightly pulling herself out of the water and plainly exposing her entire upper and lower back.

>well, there was certainly a show being put on.
>too bad it’s not one Danny probably would have liked to watch!
>Felicia took another deep breath and again forced her body to change, this time unobscured by her hair and allowing Danny full view of just what was happening; three sharp points, two just below her shoulders and one at the very base of her spine, were awkwardly bulging out from Felicia’s skin, like something was trying to force its way out through her flesh.
>which, granted, was totally true.
>after a few more moments of grunting and struggling, a few more rapid-fire pops filled the air as more new appendages forced their way out of the girl’s body.
>just below the ends of her shoulder blades were a pair of cute, if seemingly totally useless, leathery bat-like wings in the same shade of purple as her horns. and along with it sat a spade-tipped tail in the same color, fully completing Felicia’s cutesy cartoonish imp look.

>finally through with straining her body to spawn some of its more extra parts, Felicia herself breathed a sigh of relief.

>she then turned to look over her shoulder to shoot Danny a satisfied grin, accompanied with a lazy flap of her wings while her apparently prehensile tail lazily splashed at the water, just to show off how her extra bits were truly fully functional.

So, whaddya think? Pretty cool, right?

Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553450

File: 1550844518503.jpg (77.02 KB, 480x480, heat.jpg)

>>41553429
>the clawed hand struck faster than Hurst was prepared for
>he let out a gasp as the hissing pain spread through his face
>one eye badly cut, he'd just have to make due with the eye that could still stay open
>Canned Heat slipped behind Crowley and Whisper, launching its arms forward to grab them in a full nelson

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553451

File: 1550851359622.jpg (27.06 KB, 400x400, 2xDa-EDZ_400x400.jpg)

>>41553449
>Danny was getting used to Felicia's way of speaking by this point, so her taking control of the conversation didn't bother him so much now
>her questioning about his lifestyle just prompted something of a shrug, the water rippling around him in turn

It has its benefits an' drawbacks. Laike anythin' does.

>he still wasn't totally sure what he was comfortable getting into, not just with Felicia but in general

>he wasn't sure what was OK to divulge about his parents, and if there would be any consequences if he did
>even he wasn't sure just how far their reach extended...

>the subject turning to Felicia's heritage was a relief, though he couldn't help but tilt his head at one remark


Wait, Cerberus...?

>he was about to ask if that meant she was part dog, but before he could consider it, she was doing...something

>probably something you're not supposed to do in a pool
>he couldn't really see anything because of her hair, but then the little horns popped out of her head

...huh-

>and then before he could comment further, she was getting out of the pool, practically waving her ass in his direction

>he might've considered it a good show, if not for the aforementioned factors, and one that was about to present itself
>since seeing those points starting to emerge from her body would be a pretty effective boner-killer, if he had one to begin with
>he grimaced at the display, but thankfully it didn't last long
>and once the wings and tail were out, Danny hesitated for a moment, before giving his answer

...well...

It's definitely...eye-catchin'.

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553452

File: 1550851827421.png (78.08 KB, 244x273, I'm going to FUCK YOU UP.png)

>>41553450
>Crowley looked over their shoulder to see Canned Heat swing its arms up, quickly darting away from it again
>only to falter after moving, the dizziness that he'd been dealing with still lingering
>Whisper was doing their best to keep their focus, but it probably was only going to fully work if they took complete control
>despite that, Crowley didn't want to let that happen yet
>so they looked to Hurst again, straightening up and calling to him, a mixture of both Crowley's and Whisper's voices heard

Well, Hurst?

Isn't this what you wanted?

For us to take you seriously?!

>they then charged at Hurst again, once more throwing themselves into a full body tackle

Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553456

File: 1550859654320.jpg (55.95 KB, 414x479, come.jpg)

>>41553452
>several pieces of strand shot out from Canned Heat's body, stretching out towards the other side of the street
>once Crowley charged against him, Hurst was yanked backwards to dodge the tackle, coming to a sliding stop by the sidewalk
>the Stand then threw its arms forward, creating more paths of silver ooze for its favored method of area control
>the walls of flame erupted soon after, but Canned Heat wouldn't stop, only spreading more and more ooze wildly around the street
Yes... but how long can you withstand it, Whisper!?
>snap!
>the street would soon become a raging inferno, the heat growing more and more intense as Canned Heat spread the flames further
You don't think I noticed!? In all our fights, you would not think I'd realize!?

I have seen the hesitation in you when faced with my holy fire, demon! Today will only end with you as a pile of black ash!

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553457

File: 1550867090909.png (141.9 KB, 310x335, Your Ass Is Not Walking Away F…)

>>41553456

-!

>Crowley flinched when the flames went up around them, hesitation flickering among his face for a moment

>this was exactly what had almost ended them before, and now that the time had come again, the question was if they could push through
>but the answer was clear

<"Whisper..."


<"...we cannot hesitate. If we do not stop him, this entire street will burn to ashes. There is no telling how many lives will be lost. We...we will stop him. No matter the cost."


>Crowley could feel the fear coursing through Whisper as they said this, but knew they were right, and they meant what they said

>he allowed himself to smile briefly

<"...I missed you, Whisper. I'm glad you're here."


<"...we missed you as well, Crowley."


>he took in a deep breath, ignoring the heat and smoke coming around them

>and then their dual voices shouted out again

You will not be the end of us, False Prophet!

>the black goo started to crawl up Crowley's face as they continued, starting to complete the costume that was Whisper


We swore we would protect this town, from all who threaten it and its people.

And no matter what harm comes to us, that is what we will do, until our dying breath.

>they knelt down, the flames right in front of them, knowing Hurst was just beyond that wall


We are the protectors of those who need it most!

We are the Guardian of Arkham!

>they leapt forward, heading directly into the fire


>cont.

Whisper!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553458

File: 1550867258623.jpg (175.91 KB, 800x469, venom41p0sm.jpg)

>>41553456
>>41553457
>FWOOSH!

>after a moment, Whisper appeared on the other side of the flames, flying through the air and diving right at Hurst

>fire licked all over the black suit, but even though the symbiote could feel the heat burning away at it, they wouldn't let that stop them
>they spread their arms out, the mask now fully formed

We are Whisper!

And we will never yield to the likes of you!


>as they flew at Hurst, they reared a fist back, and then threw everything into it as they swung right at his face

Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553459

File: 1550872509860.jpg (63.35 KB, 640x362, hard landing.jpg)

>>41553457
>>41553458
-!?
>the black shape leaping at him from the fire moved too fast for Hurst to do much
>while he managed to lift one of his arms, that only slightly shielded him against the blow
>he was pushed even further backwards, tumbling down and colliding against the building behind him
C-Canned Heat!
>with a call, the silver Stand launched out from his body once more, aiming straight towards Whisper
>its arms split into seven tendrils, each one hardening into sharp spikes before Canned Heat wildly thrust them forward at Whisper

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553460

>>41553345
>>41553378
>>41553428
>A movie character. A movie character threatened too overshadow Chris and their efforts?! Preposterous! ...It will not happen!

I see... well I don't feel too threatened by that! What legacy can a character have that I can't surpass with my own!?

>That sounded more defensive then Chris had intended... Though the conversation once again switched tracks before that detail could pointed out, hopefully anyway. Kari's declaration to become a hero was... obvious? There was a fair few students who wanted to walk in the footsteps of greatness such as the Man of Steel or the Dark Knight.


That's certainly admirable... Admittedly my own end goal of Inversion isn't heroics, but perhaps it'll benefit others.

>Really it was safe to say Chris' own goals were completely selfish. But it was better to probably leave at that... since they were all still naked in the showers and Chris taking about what said end goal was would probably not be the best idea.


Anyway, thank you for washing my back Brooke. If you'd like, I can return the favour.

Whisper!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553461

File: 1550875408204.jpg (344.43 KB, 1024x1582, mania_by_glencanlas-daxjdlc.jp…)

>>41553459
>the spikes made contact with Whisper's body, but unlike with the flames they didn't get through their suit
>it halted their momentum for a moment, the spikes pushing against them even without piercing through, though only for that moment
>as they let out a shout and swung their arms out again, pushing the spikes away from them
>then, before the Stand could react again, they shot out two strands of their suit, moving past it to latch to the building Hurst was against
>they then retracted, propelling themselves forward, through the gooey part of the Stand
>and aimed right at Hurst, both feet prepared to crash right into him

Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553462

File: 1550876381686.jpg (47.48 KB, 640x357, fast.jpg)

>>41553461
>Hurst's eyes widened as he saw the black shape dive through the Stand
>and before he could even curse, Whisper's feet collided against his chest
>Hurst was driven backwards, shattering the glass of the storefront behind him
>his body tumbled and rolled past the display, crumbling with a weak gasp of air as he came to a stop on the floor
>he was still breathing, but with all the blows received, and all the new cuts on his body, he wasn't moving quite as well as before
>but Hurst still attempted to pull himself up onto all fours, a venomous glare being shot at the figure looming nearby
Y-... you-... y-you won't get away with this, demon...

W-We--...We are God's Chosen! We are his loyal Blades! Wh-Where one breaks... a hundred more sh-shall come to finish the job!

Whisper!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553464

File: 1550877938593.jpg (41.76 KB, 841x949, mania_by_araghen-d6942tr.png)

>>41553462
>Whisper hadn't planned to kick Hurst through an abandoned store window, but it proved to be effective enough
>they landed on the floor following that, briefly wondering just what they fell into, and how the owner might respond to all the mess, before their attention was redirected to Hurst
>they slowly moved back up to a standing position, then approached the wounded Blade, coming to a stop before them
>and as angry as Crowley still was, as much as he wanted to lunge at him, with Whisper there he felt calmer
>and with that calmness came clarity, and a realization of what was happening
>Hurst had already lost, and was simply desperate

...it is over, False Prophet.

The fact that you have lost proves that you did not seek the path of redemption. Walking away from this...from these acts of destruction...that would be your redemption.

Surrender, and perhaps you can still seek it.

Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553465

File: 1550879177676.jpg (34.98 KB, 640x360, stop.jpg)

>>41553464
>Hurst breathed heavily, trying to get some air into his lungs
>he lowered his head as Whisper spoke, keeping his gaze away from them
...

I am... beyond... redemption...

>the slimy Stand reemerged from Hurst's back

>but its form was even drippier then ever, as it melted a large puddle of itself onto the floor
I failed my... mission... led two of my men to their deaths...

What redemption could... I ever possibly ask for... from God...?

>a snap of his fingers, the puddle igniting in front of Hurst

>he slowly lifted his head, glaring at Whisper once more
...perhaps you are right...

Perhaps I mistook my God's amusement for favoritism... perhaps, as you say... I was but a False Prophet...

Therefore, I have committed one last atrocity against Him... therefore, I truly am... beyond redemption...

>Canned Heat reared its fist back

Whisper... your reign in this world will not be long... and I shall meet you in the Pit where sinners like ourselves... truly belong.
>the silver Stand swung its arm downwards, towards the flame
>its intent perfectly clear: ignite itself and its User in one final act of suicide

Whisper!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553466

File: 1550881377511.jpg (778.05 KB, 800x1054, ManiaPTMarvelComics.jpg)

>>41553465
>Whisper watched as Hurst slowly moved again, listening to him as he started to come around to their way of thinking
>or, well, that's what it seemed at first
>instead it was clear he still thought the way he did, but that he no longer had a chance at what he sought
>and the growing sense of grim melancholy in his voice was not a good sign

Hurst...

>Whisper flinched again when the flames went up, obviously not totally past their phobia

>then they watched as Hurst reared Canned Heat back, and slowly began to understand what he intended to do

-!

>as Canned Heat swung down, Whisper was just close enough to make it

>they swung their hands up, catching Canned Heat's arm before it could reach the flames below

No!

>unfortunately this meant Whisper was now leaning over the puddle of fire beneath them, hovering just a bit too close to it for their liking

>but all the same, they kept pushing back against Canned Heat as best they could, trying to stop it from completing its suicidal act
>between the fire and Crowley's growing exhaustion, it took a considerable amount of effort on Whisper's part
>but with one more shout, they shoved Canned Head's arm aside, getting them to narrowly avoid hitting the fire below
>though they stumbled a bit after doing this, but if it just meant they were away from the fire, all the better

>for a moment, Whisper looked to Hurst, and thought that perhaps they could still talk to him, and avert him from this path

>but that thought was quickly dashed as they remembered how dedicated he was to his cause, and how much he was willing to sacrifice for it
>and what was far more important was saving him than swaying his thinking
>so before he could do anything else, they spun and swung a foot at his head, intending on kicking him away from the fire, thinking that might be enough of a deterrent
This post was edited by its author on .

Kari!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553467

File: 1550883173662.png (621.69 KB, 600x960, 4a5ffbb731bcc188ee96cf02de9c91…)

>>41553378
>>41553428

>Sudden soapy hug!

>Extremely red face mode: engaged
>wiggling and squirming is clearly immense
>Admittedly it didn't shock her too much given her dulled sensations as an incomplete homunculus.

Ahh...geeze, Brooke isn't this a bit much...?

>"Aren't you scared though?"

>Kari immediately shakes her head and pushes away a bit

No, I'm not scared....I've already died once already, there's no reason to fear it again, especially if I help people.

>She actually has a big giant grin now though

>She says something now with a good bit of conviction!

I have the power to help people now, I refuse to squander that!

>She didn't have a path she was dedicated to before she died, and now there was a clear path towards the only thing she ever actually wanted to do, help.


>>41553460


Nothing wrong with that after all, everyone has their own goals and dreams to work towards.

>She'd just smile and stretch, closing her eyes briefly, ready to finish up her bathing
This post was edited by its author on .

Brooke Deans!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553469

File: 1550884099366.jpg (59.36 KB, 640x360, waving.jpg)

>>41553428
>Brooke looked over at Kashvi, but really only looked a bit confused
>well, whatever; she had plenty of time to learn more about all of these girls eventually
>>41553460
>she turned to Chris with her offer, giving her usual lazy but friendly smile
Ah mahght take ya up on that offer, Chrissy... but some other tahme~!
>she rolled her shoulders slightly, stepping out from under the shower
Heheh... maybe it's a tad silly, but Ah do not lahke to stay very long in water.
>she winked, trailing a hand down her side to accentuate her... skin
Gotta make sure Ah keep this skin nahce and smooth; you know how it is~!
>>41553467
>as Kari showed off that grin, Brooke let out a weird noise as she grinned wider:
Haaaah~! You keep talkin' somethin' precious lahke that, sugah, and Ah just gotta keep hugging ya!

>she took in a slight breath, turning to the other girls

It was a pleasure meetin' you all, but Ah oughta skedaddle! Remedial classes wait for no man or woman!
>she skipped over to her bag, pulling out a far more normal attire of some shorts and a shirt (but again, no actual undergarments)
>but suddenly remembering, she reached for a pen and a sticky note, quickly writing something down and sticking it onto the wall
Mah room and phone number! Make sure not to leave it dropped anywhere, y'hear~?
>she winked at the three girls, quickly waving and starting to make her exit
Bye bye, now~!

Hurst!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553470

>>41553466
>the kick proved to be a very powerful persuasion tool
>mostly because it sent Hurst straight into the ground
>and after a short groan he collapsed, knocked out and unable to keep fighting

>soon enough, the fast.burning flames of Canned Heat would wear off

>and the sound of sirens began ringing loudly down the street, getting closer and closer to the area as the police and fire department arrived on the scene

Kashvi Chakravartin!harharharCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553471

>>41553460
>>41553467
>>41553469

"Ah-- Okay. See you."

> Kashvi wasn't quite sure what was up with Brooke; but, most of her stuff settled, she squeezed out her hair. It was probably going to bother her for some time, but... Well, that's really not the problem, now is it?


> She turned to the others.


"I have some more time than her, but yeah, I should probably stop washing off the sweat from lifting... I don't have a phone, but... I can definitely give you my room number..."

> Wait, had she actually done that or just thought about it? She couldn't remember anymore.

Crowley Mackenzie!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553472

File: 1550885294323.png (361.5 KB, 853x480, vlcsnap-2011-11-01-17h04m10s22…)

>>41553470
>Whisper slumped slightly when Hurst fell into unconsciousness, exhaustion quickly overcoming both sides of them
>but their job wasn't done just yet and they knew it
>Whisper couldn't really do much to help with Crowley's injuries, so they'd have to submit themselves to medical aid once the ambulances arrived
>but Hurst and Betty both needed that too, and they had to go and make sure they were alright
>how they'd manage to ensure they'd be taken while also being helped was a good question

>with the flames dying down, Hurst wasn't in any immediate danger

>so they opted to slump down on the floor, finally taking a second to rest, expecting to be found by a medical team in short order
>as far as Betty went, once Crowley was found, he'd mention losing his dog in the confusion, and if she wasn't already taken away hopefully that'd alert people to her

>the black suit around Crowley slithered away, his real form visible once again

>there'd be time to think of what came next, of what the Blades' next move was, and of how much he and Whisper had to make up for given the past month
>but, for the time being?
>Crowley could really use some rest

Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553490

File: 1550970752765.png (66.74 KB, 163x188, mending.png)

>life at the Patterson's farm could be hard work, some days leaving very little free time for her
>but every now and then, a day came by that was much lighter in workload
>less laundry to deal with; less dusting to dust; the animals being very understanding...
>and of course, a little generous application of her amazing powers to make the chores go by a little faster than usual

>not that Skye had much of a reason to speed up her work, even on a relatively bright and sunny winter Saturday

>despite appearances she was never a very outgoing person, even back in her home dimension
>she kept her eyes and ears open in case her alter ego was ever needed, but for the most part, she found herself doing something she hadn't done in quite some time

>vegging out

>in her own special way, of course

>anyone who entered the Patterson's living room would be greeted with an uncommon sight

>the housekeeper suspended in midair without the aid of any wires or machines
>"sitting" cross-legged while upside down, reaching down at a bag of chips that was kept standing by being sandwiched between two pillows
>the TV was tuned to some strange kids' cartoon with limited animation, but made up for it with a very unique and somewhat abstract artstyle
>in it, a dining party had just been ruined by the Red Magician loudly insulting and mocking the other characters, right until the Orange Bear walked in to throw the Red Magician out
>seemingly fed up with the Red Magician's trickster ways, the elder Grey Wolf gathers all the other characters to chase after the Red Magician and teach him a lesson
>even though the clever Red Magician turns himself into a fish, hiding in a shallow pond, the Grey Wolf's trusty ravens find him
>this leads into a musical segment of the Red Magician being chased and tormented by the other characters, having all of his past misdeeds spelled out for him before he's tied up and thrown into a box underground

There's no way that'll hold him. He's just going to be even madder when he gets out.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553491

File: 1550972372462.png (545.73 KB, 917x917, Izuku_Midoriya_school_headshot…)

>>41553490
>getting to know the heroine known as Power Girl was probably one of the most surprising experiences of Albert's life
>not so much because of who she was, considering he was getting to know her before he found out her true identity
>but once the secret was out, she seemed to be more at ease with using her powers around the house
>and that resulted in rather odd situations like this one

>while Albert sat on the floor, leaning against the couch, he found himself watching Karen more than the TV itself

>he never in all his life imagined Power Girl would spend her time watching TV upside-down, never mind doing it mid-air
>sure, if he could fly on a regular basis or like she could, he'd probably try that himself
>but it didn't seem to fit his mental image of who Power Girl was and what she did on her off days
>clearly, he still had a lot to learn

...well, I figure it'll be a while before that happens. Maybe he'll cool off.

>not really paying much attention to the cartoon, he tilted his head while still staring at her


...is that really comfortable?

Doesn't the blood rush to your head or anything?

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553492

File: 1550973274864.png (79.29 KB, 141x245, casual.png)

>>41553491
>Karen didn't seem so sure about the likelihood of the Red Magician "cooling off"
>maybe it was a certain cynicism bug chatting in her ear after all her years in the hero business
>"...is that really comfortable?"
>she was snapped out of her thoughts at the question, glancing over at Albert
Well... sorta? It's not uncomfortable, but it's not as comfortable as just sitting.

It's more like... yoga.
>she snapped her fingers, seemingly quite happy with the comparison
Your body gets used to the positions over time after being stretched enough; powers works the same way, most of the time.

>"Doesn't the blood rush to your head or anything?"

>Karen paused for a moment, but the answer seemed to come very naturally
Yes, but it takes longer than normal.

Most people think that the whole "Super-flight" thing is like floating on helium, but it's a bit more complicated than that.
>she held up both her hands, "pushing" against the air beneath her as a demonstration
It's more like having a lot of very tiny hands pushing you up and... holding you in place?
>she paused, clearly not as proud about that explanation as the yoga one earlier
>so she shrugged her shoulders
Tactile telekinesis is weird.

Point is, it keeps the blood flowing as it's supposed to for much longer even when like this. Depending on how much I focus, I could hang upside down for... five, maybe six hours, I'd say. Probably more if I really put my back to it.

>she paused to eat a chip, but looked back at Albert afterwards

...wanna try it with me?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553493

File: 1550974520182.png (1.57 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_Midoriya_after_the_licen…)

>>41553492
>Albert listened as Karen explained what her powers actually did for her, though he had difficulty imagining it
>if anything, having a bunch of tiny hands holding you up just sounded really creepy to him
>plus the term "tactile telekinesis" was one of those that should sound made up, but also weirdly fitting
>maybe that was the secret to the Super family's powers all along?

>at the offer to try it with her, Albert hummed and frowned


...kinda? But I don't think my powers work that way.

Unless I tried copying a bat, if there are even any bats in Canada...

>he hummed in thought again for a moment, then stood up

>he took a couple of steps away from the couch, then crouched and placed his hands on the floor
>with a grunt, he tried to lift his legs up and swing them over, but it didn't quite work
>then he gave it a second try, but they fell back to earth with a slight thud

Mnngh...

>with one more grunt, he tried again, and this time his legs lifted up into the air

>only to fall and flop on the back of the couch, leaving Albert technically handstanding, but only sort of

...close enough?

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553494

File: 1550975945716.png (147.97 KB, 326x217, globe.png)

>>41553493
>Karen blinked at the response, but rather than speak up, she just let Albert do his thing
>visibly straining from holding back laughter as he kept falling over, she finally spoke up with:
N-Not like that, you dork!
>she reached at Albert's leg, and simply lifted him off the couch and into the air with her
I meant letting me use my powers on you.
>she held out her other hand at him, palm facing the ceiling
It's easier to just show you.

Take my hand. Don't worry, I won't let you fall.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553495

>>41553451

Right? I knew you’d think it was cool!

>Felicia lowered herself back into the pool, with her smile growing even brighter.

>she shivered a bit at the somewhat unfamiliar feeling of the water against the sensitive skin. sensitive because her wings and tail were usually all folded up inside of her and rarely experienced any physical contact in general, obviously. not “sensitive” in, like, a weird way. duh.

I know it’s not anything super impressive or tough looking, but my mom tells me it’ll get cooler if I keep trying. I used to only be able to do the horns, but now I can get all the way to here!

>her expression turned contemplative for a moment while she idly tapped a finger against the stubby point of one of her horns.


...Buuuut, she also says that I shouldn’t get too caught up in trying to do demon stuff, and I should just be happy with being normal. But normal is boring, isn’t it? Isn’t embracing what we can do the reason we’re here?

>Felicia went silent for a moment, staring off into the distance lost in thought. seemingly, she completely forgot Danny was even there.

>eventually her awareness returned to her with a slight start.

Oh! Uh, sorry. Kinda got caught up in what I was saying. Back to the subject at hand, then!

>a little too eager to shift the focus from her brief introspection, Felicia again turned to face the wall, giving Danny a closer look at her wings idly splashing the water behind her.


Mostly, I just really want these things to get bigger soon. They’re cute and all, but I’ve always really wanted to be able to fly! Right now though, they’re way too weak to do anything useful.

...Well, except swimming, I guess. They’re pretty good for that, sorta like having little fins!

Chris Wilder!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553496

File: 1550976473621.png (472.44 KB, 536x810, tumblr_pme0r4KG0l1vzw5v8_540.p…)

>>41553467
>>41553469
>>41553471
>Doing their level best to not not have their gaze lead by Booke's motions, Chris watches as the target of their interest took her leave. Though not before seeing that the three of them knew how to contact her.

Very well, we shall meet again Brooke.

>Though now that she was gone, it was perhaps time that Chris also bow out. So taking their turn to get dressed, the pink haired person turns to face the remaining girls.


I should go as well, I have a few projections and formulas to look over before the day is through. If you... ever wish for visit, my room number is 1337.

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553497

File: 1550978260395.jpg (41.5 KB, 512x512, 0bdf71fb345bfbfed051da39a1aea5…)

>>41553495
>Danny had to admit, he wasn't sure what to think of the question Felicia posed
>he was here more to get full control over his powers, and he already had a good lead on that
>so beyond that it was just a matter of needing direction on what to do from there
>and while he certainly didn't consider being "normal" as being part of the equation here, he understood that some kids certainly did want that
>so it was really just a matter of perspective

>he was still stuck on that even as Felicia went back to talking about her body changing, hence why he went back to it after she finished speaking


Ah guess wantin' ta be normal really depends on where yer comin' from.

Ah mean, you an' Ah lucked out with our powahs, really. Ah got a lotta uses for maine, an' in this day an' age yer not gonna be scarin' anybody off lookin' laike ya do.

But if ya got powahs that...I dunno, made ya give off toxic gas all th' taime, ya maight want help controllin' that if ya could.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553498

File: 1550978924891.png (1.3 MB, 1366x768, Izuku,_Ochaco_&_Tenya.png)

>>41553494

-?

>well he certainly felt like a dork after that response

>then Albert felt sillier when he was lifted up just by his leg, left dangling in the air as easily as...well, as someone being lifted by Power Girl would feel here
>his face was already turning a bit red, though whether this was due to embarrassment or inertia was unclear
>so it really wasn't that hard for him to reach out and take her hand, trying to act nonchalant as he did

P-Psssh, I know you won't...

>he was mostly doing this to try and not think about how he and Power Girl - he and Karen were about to hold hands

>not an easy thing

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553499

File: 1550979340496.png (67.34 KB, 131x221, thats cute.png)

>>41553498
>Karen let out a light giggle, her hand gently but firmly taking Albert's
Hold on tight, alright?
>soon, Albert would feel gravity take its toll on him... but only slightly
>he definitely felt a certain push downwards, yet he remained in a similar position he was before
>and this despite Karen no longer holding his leg
>somehow, against all common sense, she was keeping him suspended in midair, upside down next to her, just by holding his hand
Learned this trick from my dad. He showed it to my mom on their first date.

Like I said, tactile telekinesis is weird, but also kinda fun.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553501

File: 1550981111400.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_explains_Ms_Joke's_Quirk…)

>>41553499
>Albert did hold on tight as Karen instructed, quickly realizing that he had to if he didn't want to break his neck in the fall
>but despite the worry, he waited, and he felt the tug of gravity, but somehow he wasn't moving
>he looked over to Karen, then looked at their joined hands, then back to her with wide, awed eyes

This is nuts! What're you even doing?

>he looked up (or down, depending on your perspective) and lifted his other hand, waving it around as if expecting to feel gravity tug on that too

>then he lifted one of his feet up, bending it behind him, still somehow not falling

And here I thought this was just something the comics and movies and stuff made up!

>somehow, Karen mentioning her parents did this on a date flew past him for the time being

>this was just so weird and wild he couldn't think of anything else at that second

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553503

File: 1550982003802.png (181.75 KB, 227x346, hello.png)

>>41553501
>Karen shrugged, chuckling with amusement
I'm not doing anything.

I'm just lifting you up.

>she moved her arm, easily "lifting" and "lowering" Albert without actually changing his position

To give the short version, as I understand it...

This is how I'm able to lift up objects bigger than me without just breaking through them.
>she paused, clearly trying to choose her words carefully to explain as accurately as she could
When I place my hand on something... a building, or a bus, or whatever... it's like my hand is bigger than it really is.

I can just feel further out from where I'm actually touching. If I'm lifting a bus above my head, I can feel the entire underside, the wheels, and even parts of its sides.

>she grinned a bit

So, right now, I'm not just "holding" you by your hand; I can feel your whole arm, your shoulders, even your head.

It's like I have a tiny Albert resting on his shoulders in the palm of my giant hand~

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553504

File: 1550982652440.png (1.53 MB, 1920x1080, Izuku_thinks_Mezo_saved_their_…)

>>41553503
>Albert listened as Karen explained it to him, though he couldn't help but think about it a little too much
>the idea that Karen could now basically feel all of him...
>well, those tiny hands all over his body took on an entirely different context now
>one that he had to hurry up and find a way to get his mind off of because imagining tons of little Karen hands all over him was just going to present a whole new problem
>one that made him prefer falling and cracking his neck on the floor
>so instead he tried to look amused as he responded to Karen

I-I get what you meant, b-but I hope you appreciate that you just gave me a very weird mental image...

But I can't tell if I shrunk in this scenario or if you grew...

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553505

File: 1550983123805.png (95.13 KB, 225x218, thats great.png)

>>41553504
>Karen let out a snort, turning away as she chuckled at Albert's comment
>she looked back at him quickly enough, answering very jovially:
You know, I have grown giant before!

Kind of a weird story; Doctor Sivana had this machine meant to turn Captain Marvel really fat so he couldn't fight crime, but something went wrong with the laser.

I got zapped by it instead, and all it did was make me giant for a while. It's nowhere near as glamorous as it looks like, let me tell ya!

>she sighed, shaking her head

Really puts things into perspective, and makes me respect all those giant heroes out there who manage it.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553506

File: 1550983884837.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080, Hitoshi_sneaks_up_on_Izuku.png)

>>41553505
>Albert blinked at the story that Karen brought up, now having to actually imagine her growing giant-sized
>of course she mentioned it was "nowhere near as glamorous", which led him to wonder what she meant
>and wonder if that meant she tore through her clothes, since obviously they weren't made to stretch to that size-

<"For God's sake man, get your mind out of the gutter! Just hold a conversation with her!"


D-Does that kinda thing happen a lot with you?

>he blurted the question out without really thinking about it, then blinked and scrambled to find a way to supplement it


I-I mean, weird stuff like that. Y'know, whatever things mad scientists cook up, or things invading aliens do to experiment on people...

So far, I've just got into fights with poachers, small-time crooks, and the occasional science experiment gone wrong.

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553515

File: 1551041559362.png (52.42 KB, 158x156, talking.png)

>>41553506
>Karen hummed lightly, but the answer wasn't a hard one
Kiiiinda?

They don't happen on a weekly basis or anything, but if I had to guess, I probably have to deal with more stuff like this than, say... Spider-Man.

When you have this level of powers, you have a habit of stumbling onto things other heroes normally wouldn't.

There's probably not going to be many mad scientists running around Douglastown, and very few alien despots will want it as the crown jewel of their intergalactic empire, even if it would be a pretty good jewel.

>she paused for a moment, and simply shrugged

Basically, I just have a much wider "turf" than most heroes. I'm not so easily locked down to just New York, so I get to trade blows with baddies all over the world, and beyond.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553518

File: 1551044938008.jpg (596.21 KB, 800x1144, 1529025777275_MHA_Deku_boy_fit…)

>>41553515
>Albert nodded slowly at Karen's answer, even while it still seemed hard to imagine
>he held his tongue as far as mad scientists in Douglastown went, but he had to admit that she was right - this was a small, out-of-the-way place, and most of the big threats to the world wouldn't bother to come here
>the Red expected him to extend his reach outside of that one spot, but it wasn't like he could just pick up and go whenever he wanted
>perhaps if he did find a way to do that, maybe his experiences would change

It sounds like a really exciting life!

I can't imagine most people would be able to handle all of that, not to mention all the attention you must get.

>he blinked, as if suddenly realizing something, then pressed on with an interested tone


It's...kinda like being a celebrity, isn't it?

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553519

File: 1551045979007.png (67.34 KB, 131x221, thats cute.png)

>>41553518
Exciting, sure, but also pretty dangerous.

All you can really do is roll up your sleeves and do your best.

>"It's... kinda like being a celebrity, isn't it?"

>Karen paused and blinked, letting out a small chuckle
Dad used to say it was more like being a "rock star turned politician", funny enough.

It depends on the hero, obviously, but you do get a lot of attention; good and bad. Some people may have problems with how you do things, whether they think you're too harsh or too soft on the bad guys; most are thankful of what you do, and start looking up to you for guidance, meaning you have to be very careful on how you present yourself...

Before you know it, once you grow "big" enough, you have a lot more responsibility on your shoulders than when you first started running around in a costume punching wannabe jewel store thieves.

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553520

File: 1551048399231.png (545.73 KB, 917x917, Izuku_Midoriya_school_headshot…)

>>41553519
>Albert couldn't help but grimace a bit at Karen's explanation, specifically the "rock star turned politician" bit
>the idea of someone having to carefully manage their image when that wasn't their primary job sounded extremely stressful
>sure, he tended to project an image as Cryptid, but having that be mandated by other people felt less than pleasant

...no wonder so many of them have secret identities...

>he paused again, then couldn't help but add


Bet you didn't have many people saying you were lame, though...

KariCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553521

>>41553469
>>41553471

>The girl blinked a bit, going to get dressed herself and soon writing the numbers down


>That was... certainly interesting she supposed.

>Lots of cute girls at this school too...

>>41553496

>Kari rubs the back of her head and chuckles a little to herself

Geeze other than Brooke am I the only one who has a phone...?

>She'd let out a sigh, still deciding to give the other two her phone and room numbers just in case


I've got a round of tests at the lab soon so I should get going, see you guys around!

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553523

File: 1551049360448.png (52.42 KB, 158x156, talking.png)

>>41553520
>another short snort came from Karen
Well, about as many as my dad did, I suppose...

Even Superman doesn't have a 100% approval rating, and keeping up the boy scout act as long as he did certainly earned him a few "lames".

And I kinda picked up that same act from him, sooo...
>she shrugged with another giggles, and slowly shifted her weight with her legs
>both her and Albert would spin in the air to turn right side up, Karen then lowering them onto the couch
What's with the subject anyway?

Not feeling very well liked with your hero identity?

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553525

File: 1551059095367.png (191.02 KB, 540x374, tumblr_inline_pi0cdqPj9u1ru0rw…)

>>41553523
>Albert was surprised to not feel much when the both of them suddenly turned in mid-air, floating back onto the couch with relative ease
>that tug of gravity was still present, but mostly understated thanks to Karen's "tactile telekinesis", which he still didn't totally understand
>her question earned more of a sheepish look from him, that shifted into something of a disappointed one

It's...well, they don't hate me...

It's more like they don't really respect me all that much...

>he started counting off his fingers as he continued, recalling specific incidents


I rescue a cat out of a tree after it's chased up there by a wolf, and the kid tells me I need to put a shirt on.

I take down a couple of crooks who rob a gas station, and the owner spends more time asking about my mask than thanking me.

I beat up some poachers and drag them to the police station, and the cops keep picking apart what I say when I'm explaining what happened, and keep asking if I'm deepening my voice intentionally.

>he let out a sigh at this, leaning back against the couch after a moment


I dunno if it's them or me, really...

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553539

>>41553497

>Felicia grimaced slightly when Danny pulled the conversation back to her question. a strangely guilty look crossed over her eyes, and the tone of her voice made it obvious this wasn’t something she wanted to think about too much.


Ah, yeah, I guess you’re right, huh? I… shouldn’t be speaking for everyone like that, sorry.
<But you still will.
I guess I can get a little too caught up in the superhero daydreaming, y’know? Guess I never really stopped to think about other people.
<Why would you?
I, uh –

>before any more apologies could come to her, something else caught Felicia’s attention; a faint clunk echoing in the distance.

>a door.

O-oh, dammit! Sorry, Danny! Gotta run, someone’s coming, don’t wanna get in trouble for, y’know, the obvious.
>always one to be helpful, she gestured down at herself. particularly, you know. the naked parts. just in case he hadn’t figured it out. it’s always worth being totally clear in your communication, after all!
>still, even as she hauled herself out of the water with the looming threat of getting yet another detention for her eternal war against clothing, Felicia’s smile still came back to her rather easily; both for the fortunately-timed distraction from her inner monologue, getting to meet a new person who didn’t even get mad when she kinda-sorta accidentally crawled around inside of him, and maybe just a little teeny tiny bit because she was imagining getting caught.

>as for her previous efforts to properly pace herself and maintain a more relaxed conversation, that all went right out the window the second she was back on dry land, words once again violently machine gunning out of her mouth at the same time as she hurriedly dried off and threw her clothes back on, completely commando.


Sorry, sorry! I thought I had more time! You seem like a cool guy, though! We can keep talking more later after class or something. You don’t have to give me a number or anything, I’ll find you. I’m good at that! I know what you look like now, so I’ll be able to find you anywhere, no problem! See ya later, Danny!

>in perfect sync, just as Felicia had finished talking and was again fully(ish) clothed, the door opened with another heavy clunk, revealing one very confused and bleary-eyed young gym assistant.


Wha’re y-
Hibye!

>before he could even finish the question of why people were making use of the pool this early, and so damn noisily to boot, Felicia had already bolted straight past the confused and sluggish young faceless rando and off to disappear into the cold early morning mist; like some kind of mysterious nudist fey, leaving only a long few seconds of silent confusion in her wake.


...Fuckin’ weirdo.

Karen Skye Swan!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553540

File: 1551140216408.png (94.08 KB, 159x256, cat.png)

>>41553525
>Karen blinked, listening carefully as Albert talked
>she nodded her slightly, letting out a light giggle
Most heroes go through that period, Albert.

Not everyone can make an immediate big splash, and instantly become a household name, especially with so much "competition" running around.

People just take a while to accept a new hero on the scene until they've felt they've proven themselves, so to speak.

>she paused for a moment, trying to think of a better way to explain it

It's like... remember MVP? Montel Vontavious Porter?

When he debuted, nobody really took him seriously as a character or performer. His outfit was goofy; his in-ring work wasn't anything "wow"-worthy; he could talk, but he wasn't doing enough of it to really break out... most people just saw him as another throwaway gimmick that'd be lost in the undercard sooner rather than later.

And then he had that inferno match against Kane, and got his arm set on fire. From then on, the fans started respecting him more because he was clearly willing to go the extra mile for his character, and for their entertainment.

>she wasn't entirely sure if she got her point across, but she was kinda happy with that

The biggest wall in front of you is... well, Douglastown. Cryptid is a flashy guy, and he stands out in a small village... maybe a bit too much.

All of your good deeds here won't be very well known outside of Douglastown, but those good deeds end up being a bit... small, comparatively speaking, for the type of character you're playing.

But... with all of that said...
>Albert could feel Karen's hand squeeze his a bit and she grinned at him
Just give it time. You have a big heart, and people can pick up on that, if you're patient enough.

You're a diamond in the rough. Sooner or later, everyone will take notice of your shine; I'm sure of it.

Jotaro Kujo & Oliver Chorus!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553541

File: 1551144469021.jpg (97.08 KB, 507x808, walking.jpg)

>the misty morning could be quite a pleasant sight for those who were awake to witness it
>just as the first few rays of the Sun began peeking over the horizon, glistening off of the still-wet grass and flowers of the campus, when the time was right, those with a poet's heart could call it "magical"
>even at STAR Academy, few were those who were up at this hour; many were making use of their final hours of rest, while others were just now starting to fall asleep

>for one Jotaro Kujo, this wasn't normally how early he liked to be up and about, but let it never be said he wasn't willing to make sacrifices

>today was a situation he'd found himself in many, many times: a silent march through school grounds with one Janice Torres trailing behind him
>but the path they took was very different than normal, heading far outside the regular school grounds
>instead, they headed towards the training grounds area, which contained the Academy's most awe-inspiring and expensive technology to train their would-be heroes

>Janice would be fairly familiar with the walk, thanks to that one afternoon with Sandy

>but rather than take the turn towards the Thunderdomes, they would instead keep walking forward onto a different area
>Training Camp B was devoted exclusive to aquatic-based exercises, featuring a wide variety of shifting pools and tanks for almost any simulation needs
>the less-famous-but-no-less-important cousins of the Thunderdomes, affectionaly nicknamed "Davy Jones' Lockers" by the aquatic heroes that spend much of their time in the hero course inside these tanks

>in a rare sight however, it seemed the majority of the Lockers were entirely drained of all of their water, allowing one to really grasp just how large and deep some of these went

>exactly what the two were doing there, however, would be a mystery to Janice still
>or what it might have to do with the near-10-foot-tall whale man waiting by the desk for the approaching figures
Jotaro.
>he gruffly stated

Oliver.
>he gruffly answered

>there were no more words exchanged between the two men, but an entire conversation seemed to go by through small motions alone

>Oliver glanced at Janice, and Jotaro nodded his head; Jotaro then nodded his head to the side, and Oliver stood up from leaning against the desk, his massive bulk being felt just from the effort it seemed to take to move
>one more nod from Oliver, and another nod back from Jotaro before he turned to Janice
You're with him now. I'll be back in a few hours to check on you.
>and without another word, he simply breezed past Janice, leaving her alone with the other man

>Oliver approached Janice, slipping his hands inside his jacket's pockets

Janice Torres... I've certainly heard much about you, but I believe this is the first time we've met...
>he grew silent, glancing down at Janice from high above thanks to the enormous height difference between them
>there was a low, gruff hmph that left his throat, before he too turned and started walking deeper into the facility
Come. Your partner's waiting for you.

Danny Rogers!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553542

File: 1551144800941.gif (989.71 KB, 500x375, -Kurapica-hunter-x-hunter-3696…)

>>41553539

-!

>Danny also heard the noise of a door opening, really not wanting to be caught in the pool with a naked girl and have to answer all of those questions

>thankfully Felicia was making her own escape pretty quickly, although she was going for the unconventional - some might even say dumb - route of right towards the very door that was about to be opened
>and if he went out the same way then people would really start to ask about that

>he gave Felicia a quick wave as she left, only to sink back underwater before he could be seen

>he then dissolved into water again, though he had the sense to keep his eyes formed still so he could see where he was going
>he then swam to the pool's drain and flowed into it, intending to find an exit that way
>sure, he wasn't a plumber or anything, but he could find a way out through the pipes
>somewhere
>eventually

Albert Patterson!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553545

File: 1551149719606.png (1.3 MB, 1366x768, Izuku,_Ochaco_&_Tenya.png)

>>41553540
>Albert was attentive as Karen explained her viewpoint on this, and he couldn't help but feel all the more appreciative for it
>granted, having it explained to him via a wrestling metaphor made it all the more surprising - he didn't think Karen was that knowledgeable, at least enough to name a semi-obscure wrestler from the 2000s, and the match he became famous for
>but it made him a lot more eager to talk about that sort of thing, and now that he thought about it, he wondered what the scene was like on her original planet
>but that'd have to wait, he was supposed to be paying attention to her story

>he had to concede that he wouldn't grow in recognition staying in Douglastown, though the prospect of heading elsewhere was obviously still harrowing for him

>especially considering he couldn't fly as fast as most flying heroes, so travel in general was difficult
>but then again, his parents did still want him to go to college, so maybe that'd help make things easier...

>in the end, he couldn't help but flush again at Karen's praise, getting that special warm fuzzy feeling at hearing one of his idols tell him that he had such potential

>he opened his mouth to say something, only to make the realization that he was still holding her hand all this time
>which caused his face to flush even more, and for him to immediately lower his head and squeak out his gratitude

Th-Thank you very much...

>he didn't let go of her hand, mind you

>whether or not he even could was debatable

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553546

>>41553541

>the misty morning could go fuck itself and die, in Janice’s opinion.

>she wasn’t a morning person to begin with, let alone this early in the morning.
>double let alone being up this early in the morning to do a bunch of manual labor BULLSHIT.
>triple let alone being up this early in the morning to work after not being able to get any goddamn sleep because of all that shit that happened with Sandy the night before.
>okay never mind don’t think about Sandy right now leave those awkward confusing memories where they lay for now just focus on how pissed you are

>so, she certainly wasn’t about to make any efforts to start a conversation as she bitterly followed Jotaro to wherever the fuck.

>not even in her own head.
<THIS BLOWS.
<Shut the fuck up. Say another word and I’m putting you in a fucking blender when we get to Home Ec.
<WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM, WHAT DID-
<You know exactly what you fucking did. I can see your memories too, you little cunt.
<oh
<ok

>as focused as she was on silently fuming to herself about all the shit that had gone wrong in the past day, Janice barely even consciously noticed where they had arrived and only came back to situation at hand when she heard Jotaro’s voice.

>having been abruptly pulled back to earth, Janice took a moment to take stock of the room she was in and regain her bearings;
>huge fish dude behind a desk, bunch of water-related safety info plastered on the walls, damp air, heavy smell of chlorine – this had to be the place all the watery guys trained? that had to be pretty cool, right?
>sure, Janice wasn’t exactly what you’d call seaworthy, but she still perked up a bit at the prospect of getting to check this place out. for all her attempts at acting too moody and disinterested to care about the school around her, she really did love the Academy.
>and she especially loved getting to explore all the little out-of-the-way nooks and crannies where they kept all the cool superhero toys, like she got some little contact high just from seeing all the cool state of the art junk hiding all over the place, just out of sight. hell, maybe today wouldn’t be so bad after all?

>...is what she was about to think before she finally realized the enormous fish-man bearing down on her.

>Janice had always been a pretty small girl, so she was more than used to having to look up at people to talk to them. but having to look that far up, at someone who looked literally twice her goddamn size by height alone, and what looked like a hundred times her total mass?
>that was new.
<He… looked smaller sitting down.
<HOLY FUCK.
hooooooly fuck.
>okay, shut up Janice. gawking like that and swearing in front of a teacher both seemed like no-nos given the situation she was already in. not in the mood to get herself into any more trouble, she shut her mouth and hurried after the absolutest unit she’d ever seen.

Oliver Chorus & Winnie D. Woah!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553547

File: 1551151933352.jpg (60.55 KB, 640x360, shock.jpg)

>>41553546
>the walk wouldn't be very lengthy, at least not for STAR standards
>following behind Oliver wasn't much different than following behind Jotaro, except how much more shade he provided

>soon enough, Janice would be lead through a large pair of doors, leading into what could very easily be mistaken for a professional football stadium

>there was a very large area for seats, all surrounding a large gaping hole in the floor, about as large as a soccer field
>the emptied out pool was somewhat curiously shaped, being very rounded and walnut-like
>and while it might take some squinting, Janice would be able to spot a figure even smaller than her down at the bottom of the pool
WOAH! You've finally got some company!
>the giant whale man didn't necessarily below at the other figure; more like he just spoke at his normal tone of voice

>the girl raised her sweat-covered face, looking up from the broom and bucket she had been carrying for about an hour now

Oh thank you sweet and merciful God help at last thank you!
>she breathlessly sighed, cheerfully looking up from the hole
TH-THANK YOU, MISTER CHOR-
>but she froze, blinking as her eyes squinted
>with a little help from her Stand, she could see past the enormous distance, and get a good look at the hooded figure next to him
>and instantly felt a chill going up her spine as she noticed those familiar black eyes
<"HER!? Of ALL people, it's HER!? Th-This has got to be a joke! It's gotta be, r-right!? RIGHT!?"

>Oliver, meanwhile, simply looked down at Janice to gruffly explain:

You may grab a mop and a bucket from the closet over there.
>he motioned at a conspicuous green door nearby
This pool is to be cleaned up from top to bottom in preparation for next week's classes. This is where you ladies will be spending your weekend, so I hope you've brought comfortable clothes.
>whether that was some mocking joke or a perfectly innocuous comment, it was very difficult to tell with the rumbling that was Oliver's voice
>regardless, he simply walked past Janice with that simple explanation out of the way
I'll check in every twenty minutes, but if you need anything, I'll be at the front desk.
>he then stopped, glancing down at the bottom of the pool
>and Winnie still stuck in the same frozen state, staring up at Janice
NO SLACKING OFF, WOAH.
>with a high-pitched squeak, Winnie immediately resumed her scrubbing

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553551

>>41553547

>as soon as the doors opened and Janice got a look at the sheer enormity of the pool in front of her, a lot of emotions ran through her all at once.

>most of them were awe and absolute dread.
>just the simple fact that the pool was drained was enough to tell Janice what she was here for even before Chorus actually explained, and her heart only dropped even further when her suspicions were confirmed.
>aaaaaaaaand the girl who tried to punch her goddamn head off yesterday was here too. some would say that God is dead. Janice instead told herself that if God wasn’t dead, she was going to kill him herself for this.

>she didn’t bother to respond to anything the big scary whale man had said – the only things she could think of to say right now would just get her in even more trouble.

>so, with a heavy, bitter sigh, Janice trudged towards the green door and got to work.
>it took a bit over three full minutes just for her to find what she needed and walk all the way down to the bottom of the pool, making an active effort to avoid making contact with her staring.
>unfortunately for her attempts to avoid Winnie’s attention, Janice had chose to leave her usual oversized comfort-blanket of a hoodie behind. y’know, so that she wouldn’t fucking die from hyperthermia.
>doubly unfortunately, underneath said hoodie was only an airy white tank, affording a full unobstructed view of her gross alien monster arm.
>triple unfortunately, while Janice was making an effort to avoid looking straight at the other girl, J had no such thing. he was totally content to stare right back, with full unobstructed eye contact.

>when Janice finally reached the far end where the two were to be cleaning, she wordlessly dropped her bucket at her feet and promptly got to work.

>for a good while, there was no sound at all but splashing water and a mop brushing against the floor. Janice had thought that she wasn’t in the mood for conversation, especially not with the dumb stupid idiot who got her stuck here in the first place.
>that’s what she’d thought, at least. but it didn’t take very long for the quiet to become totally oppressive. she’d hardly been at this for five minutes yet, and she already felt like her soul was about to die from the deafening silence. god, why didn’t she think to bring her headphones?
>she’d have to say something sooner or later. she was going to be here for hours anyways, she had to have something to focus her mind on before she went crazy. and the alternative was talking to J.
>needless to say, Janice immediately paused to give Winnie a suspicious glance over the shoulder, trying to think of a good icebreaker.

…..Hey.
>Janice Isabella Torres, unanimously voted Greatest Conversationalist Of The Year Every Year by all people of Earth.

Winnie D. Woah!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553556

File: 1551196664136.jpg (86.64 KB, 640x360, worry.jpg)

>>41553551
>Winnie willingly chose not to pay any attention whatsoever to the girl that made her descent into the bowels of the pool
>why should she pay any attention to the dumb stupid dummy who got her stuck here in the first place
>she had to suck it up and deal with it for now, but that didn't mean she needed to acknowledge Janice in any kind of-
>"Hey."
H-Hello!
<"Curse you, force of habit!"
>Winnie quickly tried to focus back on the work at hand , and did her best to pretend the squeaky greeting had never actually taken place and that she was totally 100% mad at the Leech-
>although... without that all-engulfing hoodie on... Janice really looked pretty... normal
>she wasn't as tall as Winnie thought (but still taller than her), combined with a scrawniness that made it very hard to believe this girl was the terrifying "Leech" of STAR Academy

>well, of course, if you just placed a big censor bar over that arm ew ew ew ew ew ew EW

>what was that!?
>how did it get there!?
>was it a cockroach!?
>was it part cockroach!?
>you couldn't convince her it wasn't part cockroach
>it was hideous and gross and god why couldn't she stop staring at it those fingers all those pointy bits and that eye and that pulsating flesh and that--- EYE EYE EYEYEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?

Gyeeeeeeeeehh!?
>a shrill squeak escaped Winnie's throat as she jumped back once she noticed the EYE ON JANICE'S ARM staring directly at her
>why was it staring oh god please make it stop it looks hungry it's hungry for her supple virgin flesh she should have never watched that alien movie she knew it was a harbinger of things to come!!

H-H-H-HEY! Y-Y-You k-keep that thing away f-from me, g-g-got it!?

O-O-Other-... o-otherw-wise, y-y-you're in f-for a world of hurt, y-y'hear!?
>nailed it, Winnie!
>there was nothing more intimidating than the sight of a 4-foot-nothing girl with knees trembling so hard they played the opening notes to Ice Cap Zone

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553564

>>41553556

>well, Winnie clearly wasn’t in the mood to talk. fine, whatever. Janice just let the silence resume without a fight and got back to work. maybe she’d try again later.

>at least, that was the thought until she was interrupted again by a sharp squeaking noise. did someone stomp on a rat or something?
>Janice was more startled than she’d admit, having to stifle a scream of her own. a scream that died halfway through, transitioning seamlessly into a sigh for a strange “ghikkkhuuuhhhh” sound.

>she stood there with her back to Winnie, tensely absorbing all the dumb stuttery garbage that sprayed out of her stupid face.

>with another heavy sigh, Janice turned to face the other girl and immediately made a slight mental correction;
>her stupid adorable face. as pissed as Janice wanted to be about the situation, she just couldn’t work up the will to really go off on Winnie. it was like being insulted by a scared puppy – she was so tiny and squeaky and fluffy-haired that she was basically a human Pomeranian.
>a human Pomeranian that could kill Janice super easily with her stand, but that was neither here nor there. the point was, Janice couldn’t bring herself to be truly angry.
>but there was still the matter of the blatant threat Winnie had just made to get out of the way first. Janice held up her free hand with a single finger extended not that one. just the pointer finger, sheesh.

Why would I do anything? Reminder, you swung first. I did nothing. You’re why we’re both here.

>she raised a second finger, and her glare softened slightly.


He’s not a “thing”, his name is J. Don’t be scared of him. He’s harmless. Just stupid.
<HEY-
<I didn’t say you could talk.
<fine.

>third finger.


All I said was “hey”. Calm down.