[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

The place for, well, roleplaying. Feel free to jump in.
Name
?

This field is optional. You can choose any name you want, or you can post anonymously by leaving this field empty.

Tripcodes are a way to identify yourself between posts without having to register with the site. To use a tripcode, enter your name as ‹name›#‹key›.You can choose anything you want as the key—it is private and will never be shown to other posters or stored on the server. For example:

Rarity#bestpony → Rarity!.4PK7yxdII

If you want a tripcode containing specific words, you can download a program designed to search for tripcodes, such as Tripcode Explorer.

Email?

Entering an e-mail is optional.

There are also code words you can enter here which perform certain actions when you submit your post.

  • sage — lets you post without bumping a thread.
  • nonoko — uses the original post behavior to redirect to the board index.

These can be used at the same time as an e-mail address by typing ‹email›#‹action›.

You can also use Skype names in place of an e-mail. The notation is the same as a link to a username on skype itself, which is skype:‹username›

Subject
Comment
?
Giving emphasis
[b] Bold [/b] Ctrl + B
[i] Italic [/i] Ctrl + I
[u] Underlined [/u] Ctrl + U
[s] Strikethrough [/s] Ctrl + R
Hiding text
[?] Spoiler text [/?] Ctrl + S
[h] Hide block of text [/h] Ctrl + H
Special
[rcv] Royal Canterlot voice [/rcv] Ctrl + K
[shy] Fluttershy voice [/shy]
[cs] Comic Sans [/cs]
[tt] Monospaced [/tt]
[d20], [4d6] — Dice rolls
URLs and linking
Link to a post on the current board
>>1234
Link to another board
>>>/pony/
Link to a post on another board
>>>/pony/1234
Hypertext links
[url=https://www.ponychan.net/] Ponychan [/url]
File
Options
Password?

This field is for editing and deletions.


File: 1542153136422.jpg (209.18 KB, 1277x721, tumblr_o4ti8ceOFI1uqcakjo10_12…)

Morning Light: Thread 1: In Media Res The Foreword!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550358[Last 50 Posts]

#ask/invite #canon: lost light universe #era: six hours before high noon #no but for real it's a fantasy au #era: morning light

It is a time of legends.

The world has never known more peril than it does in these halcyon days, nor has the sun above it ever shone brighter for the brave and noble souls that stand against the forces that want the mortal world for themselves.

Twenty years have passed since the greatest of Man's princes turned traitor and took up the mantle of the Lich King, sitting in his citadel of ice and bone in the far north of the world, plotting the downfall of all things good and pure in existence, and yet all his necrotic might and icy hatred has been for naught against the heroism of the cities that were once his and the arms and armies of other cities still that never trusted him, even in the days where he yet possessed a soul of his own.

It has been ten years since the disaster at Kaprika, an entire civilization vanishing overnight, sucked screaming into the realm of Chaos and leaving behind a frigid hellscape of capering demons and embittered, haggard survivors, a place where the veil between material and immaterial is treacherously thin and the unknowable things that wish to gnaw on the bones of the myriad mortal races and spit the gristle out claw feverishly at the bars of their cages, shrieking and gibbering where none can hear, but for every demon that bursts through reality like a swollen, diseased pustule, there are twenty silver-armored figures of the Seventh Legion to stamp it out, purple bolts of witchfire splashing off their armor like greasy smoke and tortured, inhuman shrieks falling on deaf ears as these few elite among Stormwind's countless defenders condemn the beast to another eternity of seeking an entrance into the materium.

It has been five years since the formation of the Orders, fraternal organizations that seek to look beyond border disputes and age-old blood feuds to protect their various homes and ensure all are ready for the next inevitable crisis, for there are always more crises, more than could ever be put into words; those named are but a few among innumerable, just as the glories and honors of these days. The orcish warriors of Orgrimmar raise a shout of joy and pride to rival any cheer of Stormwind's human sons at news of slain titanic beasts or repelled demonic incursions; the archmagi and nether-scholae of the College work tirelessly to bring new arcane wonders into the world just as eagerly as the dwarvish blacksmiths and runesmiths of Ironforge show off their newest inventions to the merchant-lords of Reeve. Every war sees new wonders created and discovered in tandem, every spat between Horde and Alliance is in spite of how well their soldiers have overcome the Fallen Son's latest plans. It is a world of contradictions and sureties, myths and mysteries.

Rejoice in what it means to know honor and glory, for these are words that mean a million things to a million beings but have never been more universally understood. Marvel at the wonders of the age, for to live here is to witness an epoch of discovery and remembrance, to see gods and science existing side by side.

It is a world where adventure can be found wherever it is sought, and where the battle must never be forsaken, no matter how dire.

It is merely a matter of time.

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550384

File: 1542215338823.jpg (35.91 KB, 336x479, I can wait.jpg)

>the term "Lost Lands" could mean many things to many different people, and across many different places
>but for the locals, their Lost Lands were a grim reminder of a harsh life: the woods found in the area weren't necessarily thick, but they carried with it a much worse curse
>very few things lived in those woods, for the vegetation had found a way to prevent it; the few species of plants and trees that survived there were almost universally poisonous
>exactly how this happened had been a subject of speculation for generations, with theories raging from a spell gone wrong, to the mad experiments of a dwarven scientist
>whatever the real cause, the soil was tainted and useless for farming, and the nearby populations could do little but pray the poison seeped into the ground never spread onto the waterways

>that wasn't to say entrance into the Lost Lands was an immediately death sentence; far from it, those who knew how to navigate through the woods with the right equipment and protection, covering themselves in special ointment to protect from the poison, could do so quite freely

>but even if one could, very few ever actually wanted to, for the Lost Lands had proven to be a safe haven for dangerous raider gangs that could slip in and out of the woods with impunity

>and today, it would seem that these raiders had gathered for what seemed to be a sickening display

>six raiders in total, elves in the majority, gathered around a ring of fire, striking metal buckets in a frenzied rhythm as they hollered and laughed loudly at the flames
>and in the center of those flames, sitting atop a boulder, was a small figure with her hands and legs bound together
>and the longer this went, the flames only seemed to burn higher, getting precariously close to the young girl inside the circle of fire...

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550385

>>41550384
>Tesya called herself a nomad
>really, she just wandered to places that she was curious about. From the more dangerous places to the mundane.
>being a minotaur, most of the time she stood out, standing above even the tallest of humans.

>wandering through the woods "Lost Lands," taking a bite of one of the dry rations she brought with her, the minotaur was oddly cheerful looking for the dangerous and poisonous environment. Her larger body and biology likely meant she would survive the poisons, but she didn't want to take chances, a bit of poison resistant ointment was applied before hand.


>it was then she noticed the fire.

>making her way over, making a ruckus through the branches, she took a look...
>Raiders... And they had a hostage.
>she had to do something about it!

>a stealthy approach was the best option.

>The raiders would be greeted by the sight of a 8 foot something bovine girl, trying to slowly sneak up on the group, her hooves thumping with each step.

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550387

>>41550385
>shockingly, the raiders had taken a bit of time before they realized what was coming towards them
>the loud banging of pots and pans might've helped it, but eventually they'd notice
>one of the elves turned her head, blinking as she noticed the giant minotaur approaching
>the other slowly came to a stop as well, all eyes now on Tesya's attempt at being stealthy
>with a unanimous grunt of "The fuck...?", the raiders quickly reached for their swords and axes, getting up from the floor to quickly charge at Tesya with frantic war cries

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550388

>>41550387
Uh...

>Nope! Stealth didn't work!

>time for Plan B: The one she usually ended up resorting to: Punching them until they stop moving.

You won't be burning this girl!

>she said, swinging a fist in the direction of two of the attacking bandits. Attached to her built was a large metal hammer that swung back and forth. An emergency weapon if things got really dangerous.


>her skills in combat were impressive to say the least, especially foes stronger than her. Even grabbing one foe by his ankle and using him as a weapon

>with the bandits taking care of, the minotaur huffed and looked to the fire.
>rather than do the sensible thing and using a blade to cut the ropes and free her, she took a more blunt approach: Pushing the boulder the boulder away from the bonfire, suffering a few mild burns though. It took a bit of traction to get it moving after all.

Don't worry, Tesya's gotcha! Think you can get down now
This post was edited by its author on .

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550389

File: 1542232620023.jpg (142.67 KB, 689x642, thinking.jpg)

>>41550388
>amidst all the battle sounds and the roaring flames, the girl... didn't really do much
>she kept a very vacant stare on her wide eyes, only occasionally blinking them one at a time
>even once the giant horned lady approached, the girl remained sitting still and perfectly quiet as the boulder was dragged out of harm's way
>"Think you can get down now."
...

...

...

>the girl fell over onto her side, slowly rolling off of the boulder and landing on the floor with a light "fwoof!"

Blep...
>she then rolled again onto her back, lifting her face from the dirt to stare up at the sky, not looking at all bothered by her hands and feet still being roped together
Land dwellers have weird rituals...

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550390

>>41550389
>Next step was to cut the ropes. Picking up one of the daggers the bandits had, barely able to hold it in her large hands, she went back to the frog girl.

Yes, very scary rituals. Are you unharmed?

>she asked, kneeling down, cutting at the ropes tied around her ankles.


>she had her share of fights with bandits. A rough bunch. Highwaymen, purse snatchers, and robbers. Human sacrifice was a new one; at least she thought that the girl was human.

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550392

File: 1542233635363.jpg (15.21 KB, 208x231, listen.jpg)

>>41550390
>once the ropes were cut, the girl sat up properly
Sure. Why wouldn't I be?
>she looked at the strange horned land dweller, then over at the bandits lying on the ground
So... is this part of the initiation too?

No offense, but I'm starting think this group's not for me.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550394

>>41550392
>moving behind her with as much grace as a minotaur could use, she began to cut at the ropes around her wrists.

Initiation...?

>The minotaur's face froze in confusion.

>Did she interrupt something she shouldn't have?

>she shook her head, laughing nervously

Haha! No no, any group that burns their initiates isn't a good group to join.

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550395

File: 1542235178955.jpg (32.64 KB, 294x385, is it serious.jpg)

>>41550394
>the girl hummed quietly
Well, I think the point was to not get burned... I think?

I was supposed to do something, but then forgot what that something was.

>shrugging her shoulders, the lanky girl pushed herself onto her feet, but remaining hunched over

Well, it's not important anymore. I should get back on my way. Lost a lot of travel time with this.
>she looked around, mostly just seeing a lot of trees and more trees
...hmm...

I might be lost...

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550396

>>41550395
Um...

>Usually she was the clueless one. Somehow big eyes is more lost than her.


>pointing a thumb over her back, Tesya pointed the way she came.

>I least she thought it was the way she came. Everything in this forest looked the same to her.

I can show you the way out, I just came in here because it sounded like a good challenge to get through.

>grinning, the bovine beamed with pride, she put her hands on her hips.


They called it a deathtrap for adventurers! I took it as a challenge.

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550397

File: 1542236485120.jpg (55.68 KB, 480x480, I dont know.jpg)

>>41550396
>"I can show you the way out..."
Alright.
>the girl turned to the minotaur, waiting for her to take the lead
>I took it as a challenge."
Do you often take certain death stuff as a challenge?

...

Is that why you have those things sticking out of your head?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550398

>>41550397
I take danger as a challenge! It hasn't killed me yet. A dangerous monster attacking farms, a notorious criminal preying on the weak, or a dangerous place full of danger! What is life without a bit of certain death to keep you alive!

>she pumped her fist, seems like she only had one volume setting: Boisterous.

>as she looked for the way out, she paused at the comment.

My horns?

>she said, pointing to them.


A minotaur's horns are their most proud feature! You like them? Polish them every day.
This post was edited by its author on .

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550399

File: 1542237871165.jpg (32.17 KB, 256x360, I didnt do it.jpg)

>>41550398
>"What is life without a bit of certain death to keep you alive!"
...that makes sense.
>the girl followed along, following the minotaur's steps and only moving when she did
>"A minotaur's horns are their most proud feature! You like them?"
Not really. They look like a headache.

My dad had a big pointy tooth growing out of his upper lip and kept complaining about how it always got in the way. He got stuck on doors a lot.

Having two of those on the sides of your head doesn't seem any more appealing.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550400

>>41550399
>Crossing her arms, the minotaur looked down at the smaller girl.
>how dare she insult her horns! Even after explaining how they were a minotaur's pride and joy.

>Tesya shrugged, making a quiet snorting sound.


Well, they don't get in the way for me. Unless I'm in a narrow space.

>looking over her shoulder, back to the bonfire.

>she hoped those people would be alright. They were bandits, but they would surely die if they were left there.

Er, come on, we'll cover more ground if I carry you.

>she said, picking up the odd girl like a doll.


I'm Tesya!

???!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550401

File: 1542240642004.jpg (55.68 KB, 480x480, I dont know.jpg)

>>41550400
>the girl seemed to either be oblivious to the offense she'd cause, or simply didn't care that much
>those eyes weren't very easy to read
>when Tesya's large hand grabbed her by the scruff of her neck, the girl almost instinctively reacted by tucking in her legs and arms near her chest, being carried around like a bag
>despite this, she didn't sound like it bothered her as she continued to speak normally
I thought you were a minotaur.

Well, nice meeting you anyway. Most people call me Hei Yu.

Not sure why; it's not my name, but everyone seems to know me for it, so it makes traveling easier.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550403

>>41550401
>ooooh dear
>this girl was a few cards short of a deck. A few notes short of a song, a few... something of something. Tesya wasn't too good with metaphors.

>looks like it was gonna be a bit of a long walk back to society. So she had some time to explain herself


Yes, I'm a Minotaur. My name is Tesya.

>Hei Yu... "Hey you?"


I think "hey you" is a greeting. What's your actual name?

>Little Ones were so funny. While confused and concerned, she was getting a bit of mild amusement out of it.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550404

File: 1542242112346.jpg (44.68 KB, 480x480, Ill cut you.jpg)

>>41550403
>"I think 'hey you' is a greeting."
Huh... Didn't know my name actually meant something.
>she paused for a moment, remaining perfectly still and having to problem with being carried the way she was
>one thing Tesya might notice was how her hair felt a bit more wiry than one would normally expect hair to feel
>"What's you actual name?"
How am I supposed to know that?
>she glanced up at Tesya, but her expression didn't change in the slightest
...well, I guess I used to be called Notty down at the farm. Does that sound more like an actual name?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550406

>>41550404
Er... Sure.

>she said, confused, but playing along with her.


You're an odd one!

>stepping over a bridge made from a fallen tree, made recently by Tesya from the hoof prints around the area, she pinched a lock of Notty's hair as she continued the conversation.


Where you from, Notty? Maybe I can drop you off there?

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550407

File: 1542243709827.jpg (15.21 KB, 208x231, listen.jpg)

>>41550406
>"Where you from, Notty?"
My village.

I'd be very grateful if you could drop me off there.

>she glanced up at Tesya again

I've been lost for days now, so finding someone who knows my way back is very lucky.

So thanks for taking time off from trying to kill yourself to do that, Two-Horns.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550413

>>41550407
Could you point me to your village then! I'm sure they will be happy to see you return!

>she let out another loud laugh.


As long as they're fine with my type and my two horns stopping by briefly! Haha...

>her laughter drifted off though, as she realized a contradiction in their statements...


...Wait... You don't know your way back to your village, do you? It's not in the woods is it?

>she said, actually able to see the clearing outside of the woods far in the distance, any foliage and branches broken and trampled by the minotaur passing through earlier.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550415

File: 1542246529750.jpg (53.24 KB, 640x360, I have a question.jpg)

>>41550413
>Notty blinked one eye, followed by the other eye, glancing up at Tesya again
I thought you were supposed to know that.
>she focused forward again, seeing the trees start to give way at last
No, I don't. Got caught in a storm and was washed away.

...

>she brought a finger up to her lip, thinking:

Or did I just wander off while searching for food...?

>lowering her finger again, she resumed:

Well, the end result was the same. I got lost, and haven't seen my village in days. Lots of them.
>she held up ten fingers
More than this many.

>glancing up at Tesya again, she then asked:

Are you lost too?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550416

>>41550415
No, no, I am not lost.

>she said, continuing for the clearing.

>tapping her chin, she pondered... She couldn't just leave Notty alone. The girl didn't seem like the type who would last too long while along.

Let's stop by an inn first, how does that sound? Get some food, get some rest, then we'll figure out where your family is. I don't know where your family is, but I know people who can help find them!

>She was certain there were some missing person's fliers out now. Notty did stand out, so finding her family shouldn't be hard.

>as she talked, the clearing in the forest got closer and closer.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550421

File: 1542298411396.jpg (32.17 KB, 256x360, I didnt do it.jpg)

>>41550416
>"Let's stop by an inn first, how does that sound?"
Like "let's stop by an inn first". But that's not a bad idea, actually.
>she glanced up at Tesya
I haven't eaten in a while, so food is appreciated.
>she paused, then looked up again
Do you think these people could help me find a woman too?

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550429

>>41550421
I know a place that will cook you up a good meal! Whether you're vegetarian or a meat eater!

>honestly she could go for a bite to eat too. Those rations she had earlier didn't do anything to fill her up.


...And um... I am a woman. What are you looking for a woman for? Looking for some romance?

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550431

File: 1542328255225.jpg (56.88 KB, 480x480, what is it.jpg)

>>41550429
>"I am a woman."
...
>Notty glanced up at Tesya
...wow, they work fast.
>looking forward again, Notty let out a short breath, looking a bit impressed
>"Looking for some romance?"
Huh? No, I just need a wife.

Well, I don't need one right now, but I'm gonna need one eventually. Since I'm already lost, I figured I'd go looking for one and save some time.

>she glanced at Tesya again, turning her head just slightly despite the way she was being carried

So, will you be my wife?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550432

>>41550431
Hahah~

>Tesya laughed again, shaking her head.


Sorry, little one, don't swing that way!
<"Plus, she's a bit too small for me. Don't think she'd survive a romance with me."

But I'm sure you'll find a good wife, there's plenty of girls who like girls. Especially in the cities.

>making it through the clearing and a good distance away from the poisoned earth of the forest, the minotaur set Notty down, patting her on the head like a kitten.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550433

File: 1542330145912.jpg (55.68 KB, 480x480, I dont know.jpg)

>>41550432
>"Sorry, little one, don't swing that way!"
...?
>who said anything swinging...?
>as she was placed down and patted, Notty didn't seem to mind it
>she just kept walking along with Tesya
Well, I sure hope so. It's hard enough to find a woman, but none of them ever want to be my wife.
>reaching up, the scratched the side of her head
This is a lot harder than dad said it'd be...

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550435

>>41550433
Well...

>at this point, the minotaur wasn't even sure if the odd girl knew what a woman was... Despite being a woman herself.

>but, Tesya too knew what it was like to have trouble finding a lover; her cousin always said that a woman needs a man to protect her... Thus, the minotaur decided the only person who can marry her, was one that was stronger than her.

Hm... I see. There are plenty of lovers out there that will like a cutie like you!

>looking into the distance, looking for the nearest inn, any small roadside stop for adventurers to rest.

>overly excited and loud, the minotaur clenched her fists.

It's my duty as an adventurer to help people! If you need me, I will help you find love.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550443

File: 1542393655338.jpg (22.85 KB, 224x411, look at this guy.jpg)

>>41550435
>"If you need me, I will help you find love."
I'd still prefer to just find a wife, so if you can help with that, I'd be grateful.
>Notty didn't seem to looking anywhere as they drew nearer civilization, her wide eyes never quite seeming to focus on anything in particular
>her expression hadn't once changed ever since she was taken off of that rock, remaining that mysterious, almost inhumanly blank gaze all throughout the journey
>her mind seemed practically impenetrable, her thoughts an absolute mystery in these moments of silence
<"...should I tell her she just said doody...?"
So are we eating or not?
>she looked up at Tesya again
If there's a river nearby, I could gather up a nice dragonfly meal for us.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550445

>>41550443
No worries, the inn is just a short walk away. Plus, dragonflies aren't very nutritious for someone as big as me.

>Despite their cattle appearance, the Minotaurs were omnivores by nature.

>She did have half of mind to ask what the hell Notty was. At this point she doubted she was just a weird looking human. But you can't just ask someone what species they are.

>pointing into the distance, to a small house at the end of the road, there was an inn. No other buildings nearby, the inn simply served as a place for weary travelers or merchants to stop.


We can stay there. I'm a regular there! Very nice people!

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550448

File: 1542405494404.jpg (48.78 KB, 270x480, want it.jpg)

>>41550445
>"Plus, dragonflies aren't very nutritious for someone as big as me."
<"Nut... what? Is that like delicious, but...?"
So you just eat nuts? I guess that makes sense. Dragonflies are more "dragonflicious", then.

I tried some nuts before, but they tasted kinda like nothing. Some kids were playing with them on the road, which is just a waste of food, right?
>she reached into one of the pouches she carried around the harness over her chest, pulling out a small brown bag
>opening it would reveal a bunch of marbles inside
Even if they're not all that tasty, you shouldn't play with your food. They're kinda pretty though, so I actually try not to eat them unless it's an emergency.
>she reached inside, pulling out a few of the brightly colored spheres onto the palm of her hand and holding it up to Tesya
But you can have some if you want.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550449

>>41550448
...

<"Very singleminded. Tesya had to be careful."

>Tesya took one of the marbles, staring at it. Definitely not for eating and won't go down well. Regardless, she put it in her pocket.

I'll save it for later, but thank you, little one, for the gesture!

>Might as well ask


Where are you from, little one? Are you a traveler like myself?

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550451

File: 1542415287755.jpg (44.68 KB, 480x480, Ill cut you.jpg)

>>41550449
You're welcome.
>Notty said as Tesya took the marble, closing up her bag and storing it back in its pouch
>"Where are you from, little one?"
The village.
>"Are you a traveler like myself?"
Well, I have to travel back to the village, so I guess so.

It's not very fun. Too much walking everywhere. I suppose it's nicer when you find other people, but most of the time, you're just walking.

At least when you're near water, you can just float. That's always nice.
>she turned her head, staring at Tesya for a few moments
...

Can you even float?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550452

>>41550451
Um...

>Well, to put it lightly, no.


I'm not a swimmer. We minotaurs avoid water. The last thing we want is soggy fur and to nearly drown!

>Okay, that was one hint: Her village was near water. So it definitely wasn't landlocked. She'd have Notty back to her village in no time at this rate!


>stopping in front of the inn, the minotaur snorted.


Think a map's in there. So here's the plan, adventurer always has one, get some food, get some rest, and find your village.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550453

File: 1542416780853.jpg (55.29 KB, 640x360, curious.jpg)

>>41550452
>"I'm not a swimmer."
That sounds terrible.
>she bluntly stated, her face actually contorting slightly to show some discomfort at the mere idea that it was possible for someone to not be a swimmer
>she had to quickly shake her head, and push the thoughts if such a hideous fate off of her mind
>"So, here's the plan, adventurers always has one, get some food, get some rest, and find your village."
That is a plan.
>Notty affirmed with no actual tone in her voice to indicate sarcasm or anything
>it seemed like she had completely taken to following the minotaur wherever she went, for whatever reason

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550455

>>41550453
Yes.

>she said, slowly nodding, hopping that the weird girl understood her.

>usually her plans involved "Punch thing until it stops moving," and "If punching thing doesn't work, then use hammer," AND " Use horns if needed."

>opening the door to the inn, ducking under the doorframe, the Minotaur welcomed the patrons and the innkeeper in her usual loud voice. Most of them stared at her with neutral expressions.


Greetings fellow travelers! I made a friend today! Say hello to Notty!

>she said picking up the strange girl again, holding her like one would a kitten.


She is looking for her village!

>most of the patrons went back to what they were doing before the minotaur barged in. It was a relatively small in. A little seedy, but nothing too bad. A lot of the patrons too looked like adventurers as Tesya stated earlier.

>Looks like she was a regular there, if a chalkboard at the end of the room showed: Arm Wrestling, showing a series of tallies marking victories, with several of them next to Tesya's name.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550460

File: 1542440400190.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080, A little beat up.png)

>Esterhall was, for most all that lived in it, a peaceful town. It's inhabitants were, for the most part, kind and thoughtful, and the town itself was a simple community of traders and merchants. Prosperous and simple, most would think trouble could never find its way to an idyllic existence like this one... but perhaps it was this peaceful existence that invited misanthropy.
>Esterhall was not currently a happy town. The nightly curfew had been set to keep people safe, and each night people were afraid. Bandits on the road had taken to tormenting the town as of late. Instead of burning and raiding, they'd taken to the more sinister tact of draining the town's funds and hopes, slowly but surely terrorizing it into submission. Each night they came, and each night they demanded a little more. This had become regular enough to be routine, each night people scrounging what they could give, those that could give nothing dreading what would visit them in the night, but tonight was not to be a repeat of the nightmare plaguing this town... Tonight was quiet, but for the distant sound of clashing steel, yelling men, crackling fire, and the roaring of some incredible beast off in the rain soaked night.
>Gwen would find her cabin door beaten on in the middle of the night, a stranger wordlessly seeking entrance to her home. The bandits hadn't come tonight... but something entirely different had.

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550462

File: 1542472306623.png (526.21 KB, 1265x540, Py3K1RC.jpg)

>This is what it is like to be Rogal Dorn now. The driving night wind howls around you, feeling like a thousand hands at your battered armor seeking to pull you down. The stone in your hands is heavy as you carry it to the half-finished wall before you.

>You do not care. You will finish it. You will finish many more just like it. This will be done. It will be finished. And when it is finished, you will begin again, where things are right. It is needed.


>How long have you been here? You do not know. Almost a decade, perhaps, or maybe more, the days slipping through your hands like-


>You do not care. Enemies assault you, gibbering beasts of chaos seeking to gnaw the carcass of this broken land and devour you alive. You do not care. Your blade and your heavy fists make short work of them. You do not care. They do not matter.


>They will not hold.


>The stone you place within the walls is strong, all of them are. The mortar that holds them together is stronger, yet grim, made of ash and bone. It is strong, all of it. It will hold.


>This is not the first fortress you have built up in this hell, alone and unaided aside from the supplies uneasy members of the Seventh Legion leave you. You do not speak to them. They do not matter. They will not hold.


>Not without these, anyway. They offer you help at times. You rarely deign to answer. They cannot help. They cannot build as you do, tirelessly and constantly. They will bring such small comforts as they have to your fortresses, their beds to rest in and their fires to huddle wearily around. You do not care. They do not matter. They will not hold.


>Only gates and towers and walls will hold.


>And so you build. You will build and you will build even as the doubts come, the worries and the whispers within. You do not care. They do not matter.


>They will not hold.


>Fortess after fortress have risen, are rising, or will rise under your hands. And one day those hands will break, your mind shatter, and you will die alone in this uncaring hell on earth.


>You do not care.


>You do not matter.


>You will not hold.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550470

File: 1542490724894.jpg (32.17 KB, 256x360, I didnt do it.jpg)

>>41550455
>Notty held up her hand as Tesya introduced her to the uninterested parties in the inn
Hello, Notty.
>lowering her hand, she slowly blinked one eye, the deafening silence in the inn stretching as nobody really seemed to pay them any mind
>following behind Tesya, she glanced up at the minotaur as she blinked the other eye
Your friends seem nice.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550472

>>41550470
Hahaha! She's a funny one!

>she said, patting Notty on the head again.

>the minotaur made her way across the room. Now on a hard floor instead of a dirt path, her hooves made a thumping sound which each step.
>speaking to the innkeeper, she put some money down on the table

A 2 bed room please! Also some klav kalash!

>not many people liked the dish due to its taste. Tesya being one of the few people who enjoyed it.

>"You should anything at least once." She always said, when it came to food.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550488

File: 1542509889470.png (286.94 KB, 490x590, Neutral.png)

>>41550460
>Things were supposed to be different here. At least, that was what Gwen had hoped when she first settled into Esterhall. It was quiet and out of the way, the people were friendly and didn't try to get into her personal affairs. It was perfect.

>Unfortunately, such things never really lasted too terribly long, even in a quaint little village like this. Sometimes the woman felt as if she were the one to blame, trouble always seemed to follow her no matter where she traveled to and no matter how hard she tried to keep herself hidden away from it. Now with these bandits draining everyone of their hard earned money, running off to find a new home was proving to be difficult.


>Thankfully, and unfortunately, sleep was never really easy for her, but that still didn't stop Gwen from nearly jumping out of her skin at the sudden banging on her door. A slight sense of unease came over her as she felt around for her cane and held it tightly to herself, a means of comfort as well as protection.


>Very cautiously she approached the door, keeping a vice-like grip on her cane as she slowly opened it slightly and prepared herself for whoever... or whatever was on the other side of it.


Hello? Who is it?

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550489

File: 1542510921757.jpg (26.93 KB, 604x338, What in the....jpg)

>>41550488
>Well, it wasn't no response, so Baraquiel was doing better than he thought he would... The figure outside stopped his banging, before a light, jovial voice came through the door.
"Oh, you know, nobody special. Just the one that did away with your bandit problem..."
>That was replaced by wet coughing and a pained groan, as Diogo held his side. One of the bandits had actually managed to get a scratch in, and it had gone deep...
"I heard you were the local healer, and I could use a little bit of medical assistance. I'll be honest... I'm not feeling very hot right now."
>He said, a loud thump coming from the doorframe as he slumped against it for support. The rain and cold weren't helping.
"I've got gold if it makes a difference."

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550493

File: 1542515013414.png (452.61 KB, 545x432, surprise.png)

>>41550489
What...? Ah, hold on sir!

>Well at least her sudden visitor wasn't another one of those bandits sent to bully her out of her belongings. Or worse. Gwen let out with a sigh of relief and quickly opened the door, not wanting to waste anytime in helping this stranger. While she wasn't too keen on it, she set her cane aside and carefully felt around until she came into contact with the man, hoping she could help him inside and into the bed she used for her patients.


Here, let me help you. We can talk about payment later, but let's take care of your injuries first!

>The inside of her home was just as warm and inviting as the village it was nestled in. It was simple, with only the most minimum of furnishings, nothing too terribly fancy. The little fireplace was still lit, making the place a nice respite for anyone coming in from the cold and rain.


>In one corner of the place was a simple bed with several things set near it on a table - bandages, ointments, a few bottles of varying sizes and colors, etc.. Yes, this was definitely the home of a healer, if the strong smell of herbs wasn't enough of a giveaway.


>Unbeknownst to Gwen, there was a tiny snake resting among the collection of potions on the table, its dark green scales just barely shining in the dim light of the nearby fire.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550496

File: 1542517725981.png (842.8 KB, 1920x1080, worth it.png)

>>41550493
>Baraquiel felt a little silly. He had to be getting old and rusty. It was just a little stab wound, it shouldn't hurt this bad... unless, you know, one of the little shits had picked up something enchanted.
...
...
>You know, that would explain why it wouldn't stop bleeding. Gwen's fingers would come away sticky as Bara stumbled in, collapsing on the bed with a groan.
"Oh, a fair maiden to tend a man in his deathbed... To be tended to by such a beauty, I must of come across a stroke of luck, wounds and all."
>He said, pushing said luck. She could decide to not cure him, but his indomitable roguish smile never faltered, even as he held his guts in.
>You know, maybe there wasn't a time for flirting.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550530

File: 1542601114034.png (115.19 KB, 306x284, unamused.png)

>>41550496
>Once she was sure the man was comfortably settled into the bed, Gwen immediately set about getting everything gathered that she needed. She was a little concerned with how much blood she felt coating her fingers, but it's nothing she hadn't dealt with before.

>Oh no... The minute the stranger started laying on the dramatics and the compliments, Gwen felt her mood drop. Great, this one was one of THOSE types and most likely just trying to sweet talk her into a discount for her services. She sighed and quietly wondered why this was her life.


Sir, you're not dying, please don't worry about that. You're in good hands.

>And he was. As much as she suddenly regretted letting this man in and wanting to toss him back out into the cold, she made an oath to help those in need. So, with an exasperated look she started to clean up the wound as best as she could before even attempting to heal it. This was definitely going to be a long night.


So, you said you got rid of those horrid bandits?

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550531

File: 1542602144623.png (444.62 KB, 1249x703, Scoundrel eyes.png)

>>41550530
>Diogo got comfortable on the bed, and she heard the sound of two blades clattering onto the bedstand. He groaned, perhaps a touch too pitifully before he recounted the tale.
"A truly pitiful band of ruffians. Didn't know when to judge when they picked their fights, and it cost them. Trust me, you should see the other party."
>He said, chuckling before coughing wetly. That can't be good... Looking her over, he finally saw the serpent, and his curiosity shifted from lustful to genuine as he looked over the hut.
"You know, keeping a viper in a place of healing is usually counterproductive... In my experience at least."
>He said warily, though he gave it a knowing stare. The snake itself would likely know more than she did the nature of the man on her bed.
This post was edited by its author on .

Orgrimmar!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550540

File: 1542655766805.jpg (93.7 KB, 1024x614, Orgrimmar_HotS.jpg)

https://youtu.be/IuLMkfG_Xu0

Orgrimmar.

It was a name that anyone with even passing knowledge of the political state of the continent of Kalimdor would know, for better or for worse: established years ago by the founding members of Thrall's 'new Horde'- the center of his 'Dominion of the Horde,' he had called it in that momentous speech- it was a beating heart of civilization in an arid landscape that would have much preferred it not be there at all, a monument to the pride and tenacity of those freedom-seeking races that had come together out of a mutual interest in survival so many years ago. Orcs, tauren, trolls, Forsaken... many more had come since then, as well. All manner of races, if not seeking brotherhood in the Horde, then seeking sanctuary from those that would take their perceived rights and justices from them, looking for protection behind those high walls of thick iron and patrols of ever-vigilant wyvern riders and, in most cases, finding it. No one came into Thrall's city with the express intent of bringing harm to another, unless the slight was justified, and even then he had dictated honor would be served through the correct channels. There was neither anarchy behind those spiked parapets nor inside those canyon-pocked districts of co-habitation, no matter what Alliance propaganda might have said to the opposite effect; it was outside of those walls you had to be careful of.

In effect, the Dominion had created a 'No Monarchies Allowed' clubhouse with a population of at least several thousand.
This post was edited by its author on .

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550541

File: 1542655831332.png (110.95 KB, 200x275, okay.png)

>>41550531
I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to see much of anything, but I'll take your word for it. It's nice to know those knaves won't be a nuisance anymore, so thank you.

>The sound of his coughing and the fact that the bleeding didn't seem to be stopping at all really had her concerned. Was there magic involved here? Or perhaps some sort of poison? Either way, his bleeding needed to be stopped quickly.


Hm...? Ah! Cosette!

>She had jumped slightly in surprise when she felt said viper slowly slithered out, and wrapped itself around Gwen's wrist when the woman picked up one of the many bottles on the table. She made a light scolding sound and lightly tapped the snake on the head before returning to whatever concoction she was making.


Perhaps for those who are not followers of Pharika's teachings. Don't worry, Cosette is as sweet as a kitten... as long as you don't upset her. Here, drink this. Try to endure it, this will stop that bleeding

>Gwen carefully passed a cup of a rather noxious-looking brew to the man, completely unphased by the strong and very bitter smell it was producing. Meanwhile the snake was very much staring the man down, its coils wrapping just slightly more tighter around Gwen's wrist.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550542

File: 1542661202613.jpg (532.26 KB, 1500x1983, 24F7A64D-C92F-447B-8E96-59BC43…)

>>41550540
>The massive front gates of Orgrimmar were made of weathered granite, of beaten iron and fortifications paid for in blood, sweat and tears. Fifty foot gates that resisted both siege and magic, they had kept the denizens safe since its founding.
<“I suppose it would do for a garden wall.”
>Caelia thought to herself as she walked over the relatively tame wastes. Mighty steppes to smallfolk were to her gentle hills, and their towering canyons were gulleys and clefts. She was of course, a giant, and the sentries at the gates would see her coming with more than a half hour’s warning. She struck a towering figure in gleaming red silks and bronze armor, a shield fit for a warchief’s table on her back, accompanied by a spear not even the heaviest ballista could hurl. The colossus That strode over the wastes was over fifteen yards in height, and was visible for miles... and she was self conscious about being small for her race.
>Walking up to the gates, she was able to look the sentries on the parapets in the eyes, her blazing red gaze giving them all a stern look over before she spoke, in a surprising gentle voice, even if the volume scared off birds across the city.
“I’d like to barter entrance. I have business to conduct with your merchants.”
>She spoke simply, setting down a sack that had been slung over her shoulder. The contents nearly crushed a nearby wagon, to which the only apology was her foot nudging it away from anybody that might be in imminent danger.

Orgrimmar!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550548

File: 1542681155430.jpg (802.6 KB, 1280x960, world_of_warcraft_horde_orgrim…)

>>41550540

The little creature Caelia had nearly crushed with her day's hall was known as a grummel. They were small, hairy, diminutive creatures that were rarely seen outside their homelands to the south and seemed to be interested in very little but trading for various bits and bobs. This one's name was Uncle Showshoes, as far as anyone had been able to determine, and he had been traveling for months to reach the homeland of the Horde to peddle his wares of grain, corn, and coarse furs. This was in stark contrast to the hulking brute of an orc warrior that had happened to be manning the walls at the time of Caelia's approach, a proud fighter named Gowren who favored using a claymore as broad as his chest as if it was nothing more than a shortsword. He had seen battle many times, and he would see it many more.

In that moment, grummel and orc were equally perplexed and just a little bit worried.

The orc, clearly not used to looking anyone in the eye who looked to enter the city, shifted his weight a bit, glancing to his comrades as if for confirmation before returning his attention to Caelia. "Of course," he finally managed, nodding even as he scratched the side of his neck with a bit of tense energy. "What do you bring in way of trade, giant?" There was a bit of a pause after that as something else occurred to him. "And what news from the north? Does the line hold?" He didn't say the name, but they all knew it: those three words that had been on everyone's lips for decades now, skulking around like a half-remembered nightmare, waiting for its opportunity to rear its hellish, undead head.

The Lich King.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550553

File: 1542682075280.jpg (8.17 KB, 225x225, casual.jpg)

>>41550548
>There was a tightening to Caelia's eyes as she heard the questions the orc asked. The answer to the first was simple, and as she opened the bag which would happily hold ten orcs, he could see there were several carcasses. Buffalo, mostly, but there were some wild deer as well.
"Meat and furs. I require a butcher, and a tailor. The kills are fresh, not even a day old."
>Looks like Orgrimmar would be having a barbecue... or salting a lot of meat. That was enough to feed a whole barrack for a month. As for the second question, Caelia smiled, an emotion that looked more out of place on her face than the frown had.
"The mountains will break before Akros does."
>She said, stern look returning as she hefted her sack, shouldering it once more as if it was nothing to carry enough to feed a garrison with one arm.
>Turning to the gate itself, she was presented with a conundrum. She'd have to go over, or under. Both would likely scare the populace...
"Would you prefer I went over or under?"
>She asked, looking at the gates as she chewed her lip, trying to decide...

Orgrimmar!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550559

File: 1542685642645.jpg (63.58 KB, 920x501, jesus she is VERY tall.jpg)

>>41550553

Gowren looked past him at the jagged spikes lining the crossway over Orgrimmar's main gate, but he certainly wasn't going to tell Caelia what she could and couldn't do; she'd made it this far, after all. "We've got butchers and tailors aplenty," he replied, tusked grin widening as he stepped to the side before looking over his shoulder and barking something in guttural Orcish to everyone else on the ramparts: the general gist of it seemed to be 'Move it or lose it,' if the way the rest of his crew scattered to either side to give Caelia plenty of wiggle room should she choose the high road was any indication. "Stay right in the Valley of Strength," he indicated, jerking his thumb over his shoulder to indicate one of the yawning canyons into which the city's winding, dusty streets disappeared. "It'll take you straight into the Drag; you'll find more merchants there than you know what to do with. Lok'tar, Northerner."

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550560

File: 1542686944988.png (820.14 KB, 991x1079, A drink in bed.png)

>>41550541
>Pharika? Diogo raised his eyebrow at that, giving a puzzled look she wouldn't see. The snake sure would though. Where had a little blind girl like her wandered to pick up a religion like that? Giants up north? Missionaries? Passed down through generations? He'd have to ask about that, once he was done bleeding. Taking the potion from her, he had a staring contest with the snake, looking wary as he sat up against the headboard.
"I've been in Dwarven mead halls, my Lady. I'm sure if I can stomach that swill, I can stomach whatever brew you've cooked up."
>He said with a good natured laugh, that hurt more than it was probably worth. Shutting up, he put the brew to his lips and realized he was a fucking liar. As vile as it was, he knew the medicine was supposed to taste like poison, because it was. Drinking his hemlock with only a pitiable whine of disgust at the end, he leaned back and let the magic run its work... He didn't want to let her know he was wrong, so he simply weighed the burning in his throat with the bleeding of his liver and tried to decide which was worse. He'd survive, either way, and it seemed he'd just be suffering in silence... or as silent as he could get. Weakly, he moaned out;
"So, how's a sweet girl like yourself learn about a god like Pharika? That's a little out of the ways..."
>Poor guy, sounded like he'd been stabbed.
This post was edited by its author on .

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550562

File: 1542689300614.jpg (100.24 KB, 624x574, Havin a sit.jpg)

>>41550559
>The few people on foot in the gate were smart to move. Caelia herself gave the bag a short toss, the giant burlap sack landing with a wet thump on the other side of the gate. Backing up, she took a good look at the gate, and at the orcs exchanging coin, hastily bartering. She rolled her eyes at that sort of foolishness, before beginning to run. She was not stepping light now, and the tremendous, thunderous falls of her boots shook dust off the walls. Picking up speed, she seemed poised to jump, before she dropped down, sliding through the open gate like a runner to base. Standing up on the other side, she dusted herself off and shouldered the bag as a few orcish soldiers lost their bets.
==================
>Taking the sentries advice, she made her way into Orgrimmar, occasionally ducking under the odd low flying wyvern or airship. Heading to the Drag as she was instructed, she was annoyed by how slow progress went. The crowds of shoppers below weren't quick enough to get out of the way of her footfalls, and it was grating on her patience. The lives of smallfolk went so very quick, and they were so slow about getting there... It was a quick shop down to the butcher. Asking to keep the skins was an easy task, and they were far better at handling the animals than she was. They weren't small, but they were more delicate than the fauna in her home country. Best to let the smallfolk take what they wanted. Taking whatever the butchers gave her for the goods, (the coins were too small for her to count anyway.) she made her way to the artisan's district... hopefully there she could find a leatherworker.
======================
>Hazshara would find her shop jumping. Rhythmic earthshaking thuds were accompanied by the crowd outside her workshop generally fleeing the other direction, until the source of the thumps stopped outside her shop. A huge boot, encased in bronze armor, touched down outside, followed by a burlap sack large enough to hold most of the shop's contents. The giant being outside crouched down, looking into the shop with an inquisitive eye.
"I was told I could find a leather tanner and tailor here. Was I lied to?"

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550570

>that night, the minotaur slept soundly. Snoring a bit but not enough to keep the other residents up. The strange girl she found earlier didn't even sleep in her bed! Choosing to sleep in the bathtub.
>not that it mattered, Tesya liked to give her hammer its own bed, so it was a win win.

>but that morning, when she awoke, the girl was missing. Nowhere to be seen! So, the minotaur set out a one woman search party, asking everyone around the nearby town.

>even a group of elves who looked a lot like the group found in the forest... They were quick to run away. A shame, Tesya liked them.

>Tesya even went as far to make a small flier for Notty.

>including a drawing: Circle for a head and eyes, a line for a mouth, a thicker line for hair... She wasn't an artist.
...Has anyone seen this girl? She likes water, dragonflies, and responds to a lot of things. Big enough to be picked up by me. Not afraid of fire. I think she's human but I'm not sure. Definitely not a minotaur.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550571

>>41550570

...um.

>Alhaz stared blankly at the flier the minotaur lady had stopped her in the road to show her. what was she meant to take from a few circles and lines, exactly? and the description wasn’t much more help.


W-well, I haven’t seen… that necessarily, but I did see a kind of odd-looking girl pass by just a few minutes ago. Small, greenish hair, really… wet, for some reason? That might be who you’re talking about, right?

>the half-dragon took a step back to make some space, scratching at her chin in thought.


I was going to ask if she needed any help on account of that last part, but she didn’t seem to be in any trouble. she looked like she knew where she was going, so I thought it would be rude to stop her.

<Plus those eyes were kind of creeping me out a little.


Erm, sorry I can’t really tell you more, but I can definitely try to help you find her!

>despite being a huge intimidating dragon person that stood a head above even Tesya and casually carried a sword longer than most people were tall as if its weight was nothing to her, she seemed oddly enthusiastic about the idea of dropping what she was doing in favor of finding a random runaway weirdo. she rocked back and forth on her feet like an excited child with a warm smile on her face while her tail swished a little semicircle in the dirt behind her, creating a slightly strange atmosphere between “towering winged lizard monster” and “adorably naive young girl”.


I’m pretty tall and I have really good eyes, I should be able to spot her easy!

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550572

File: 1542704201430.jpg (142.67 KB, 689x642, thinking.jpg)

>>41550570
>>41550571
>MEANWHILE, ELSEWHERE...

>a few passersby would curiously stare at a strange girl draped over the enclosing fence around the cattle pen

>her gangly arms and legs dangled off the ground, the girl seemingly locked into a staring contest with one of the cows within the enclosure
...

...

...

...

>mooo, the cow said

...

You're not very talkative in the morning, huh Tesya?

...

>mooo, it replied

...
>Notty slowly reached forward, prodding the bronze bell to hear it clank some more
I like your new sense of fashion though.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550573

>>41550571
>Tesya liked the dragon lady
>She was one of the few people that was taller than her around these parts.Plus, if that sword was anything to go by, she had good taste in weapons (Tesya still preferred hammers and axes)

She is an odd looking girl, yes!

>Tesya said, excitted by the response.


You see, I am an adventurer, I found her in the forest and she's away from home. So I am helping her to find her village again. A second pair of eyes is always welcomed!

>putting her hands on her hips, the minotaur just looked happy to meet someone friendly


Haha! I like the cut of your jib though! I'm Tesya!

>>41550572
>thus, with someone to help her out, the minotaur looked for her lost companion. She doubted she could've gone far... The scary part was what trouble she might be getting into.
>if any bad guys got her again, she knew what to do.

She looked a lot like that girl over there!

>she said, pointing to Notty, near the cattle pen.


...Wait...

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550574

>>41550572
>>41550573

>Alhaz gently smiled, grabbing the ends of her coat and leaning down in the beginnings of an entirely-too-formal curtsy, but she froze in realization halfway through.


Oh! Uh, heh! Sorry, uh, you know how old habits are.

>she stood back up, offering a much more appropriate, yet still polite, greeting.


My name is Alhaz. Pleased to meet you, Tesya; I’m something of an adventurer myself!

...Or, well, trying to be, at least. Finding work has been a lot trickier than I’d expected, considering a lot of things were made with someone a lot… smaller in mind, in more places than one.

>she gently opened her wings for a moment for emphasis, even just partly unfurling them taking up a large portion of the width of the street.


My mother always said I was a little too big for my own good, but as long as finding your friend doesn’t entail any small spaces or fragile objects, I’m more than ready to help!

>and speak of the devil. that was certainly the odd girl Alhaz had seen passing by earlier, though she was slightly less damp by now. still, she would recognize those eyes anywhere. and probably would in her dreams for the rest of her life. and not that Alhaz really knew the girl yet, but just from the look of her, awkwardly dangling through a fence and silently bothering livestock seemed like an… appropriate pastime.


>she approached Notty, needing to sit down on the ground just to reach eye level, and spoke in a soft voice.


Excuse me, but do you need any help? You look stuck.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550575

File: 1542709226325.jpg (44.68 KB, 480x480, Ill cut you.jpg)

>>41550573
>>41550574
>as the dragon lady lowered herself to her level, the girl known as Notty slowly turned her head to face her
>one eye slowly blinking before the other, she didn't take too long with a simple response of:
Nah, I can get down just fine.
>she turned her head away from Alhaz... and dangled there for a few seconds
...

...

...

>a few more seconds

...

...

>before she sloooowly started to slide forward, and-

>splot!
>land face-first onto the dirt inside the enclosure
>her body soon fell to the side, allowing Notty to simply push herself onto a crouched, hunched stance
>blinking one eye, she glanced at the fence between her and Alhaz
... I think I'm stuck.
>she casually exclaimed, approaching the fence to simply lean on it with her face
...
>she then glanced at Alhaz, asking curiously:
Have we met before?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550576

>>41550574
>looking back to the dragon woman, taking her eyes off of Notty for a moment, she gave a thumbs up.

Birds of a feather fly together, as they say! A silly saying, as we are a minotaur and a dragon.

>regardless, she had found a fellow big adventurer like herself.

>Tesya's tail swished back and forth happily.
You don't have to worry, I avoid those as well! I know what it's like for your strength and size to cause trouble.

>she was escorted out of a museum once. She hadn't even broken anything! The rude owner of the museum must've had something against her.


Now then... Think our friend needs help...

>>41550575
>approaching the pair, Tesya gave a wave.
Ah ha! I was worried that you were taken by another group of bandits!
>Tesya said, arms crossed, looking like a pet owner watching their cat do something stupid; a mixture of confusion and amusement.

If you wanted to go see the livestock all you needed to do was ask.

>she said, patting one of the cows on the head. It even had a similar fur pattern to her, brown and white.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550577

>>41550575
>>41550576

>this was… honestly about what Alhaz had expected from this weird looking girl. still, even if it was expected, she was still honestly struck speechless by the way Notty just sort of… oozed out of the fence straight on to her face. on the wrong side of the fence, to boot. and to top it all off, she somehow didn’t seem to understand the option of just… climbing back out the other way.


>she was… okay, right? like, she was supposed to be like this? she didn’t, say, hit her head on anything?


Uhhhh… well, no, we haven’t met, but your friend was looking for you, and I kind of agreed to help. Speaking of which, I can just, um.

>she stood back up to her full height, easily reaching over the fence to gently pick Notty up and lift her up and over, setting her softly on her feet beside Tesya.


>after which, she sat back down to eye level to offer Notty a polite, if kind of awkward, handshake.


My name is Alhaz. What’s yours?

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550579

File: 1542741409533.png (504.43 KB, 518x675, healing.png)

>>41550560
Cosette, stop that, I'm trying to work...

>Gwen lightly chided the snake like one would a misbehaving dog, obviously unaware of the staring contest that had taken place. Eventually the little creature gave it up and slithered her way further up her mistress's arm so she could drape herself around her neck, finally deciding this man wasn't a threat afterall.


>Gwen couldn't help but give her patient a faint look of pity, still hearing the pain and distaste in his voice, even if he tried masking it. She did have to give him credit for at least trying to brace himself through it. It was really the only thing one could do when they had something quite literally burning out whatever sort of affliction they got hit with.


I've heard stories of that lot. They sound like a rowdy but very interesting bunch. I wouldn't mind meeting a dwarf someday...

>The least she could do was talk to him and try to keep his mind off the pain. And perhaps take care of his wound on the surface while the potion took care of it on the inside. Very carefully and as gently as she could, she applied bandages that were treated with a much more soothing solution than the brew she made him drink. A dour expression crossed her face, of all the question he had to ask...


...About a year or so ago, I met a giant that taught me about Her.

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550581

File: 1542747865580.jpg (27.95 KB, 197x385, hungry.jpg)

>>41550576
>>41550577
>Notty calmly lets herself get picked up and placed on the other side of the fence
>she slowly looked around, then looked up at Tesya
Oh, hi Tesya. You're back on your feet.
>she paused, glancing between the cow inside the enclosure and the cow outside of it
...

...

<"Did I hit my head or something...?"

>but before she could consider that thought:
>"My name is Alhaz. What's your?"
>turning to the other giant lady, she quickly answered:
Some people call me Notty. Are you sure we haven't met? I feel like-...
>she paused, stuck staring at the dragon for a moment
...
>then slowly turn her head to stare at Tesya
...
>then the cow
...
>when she turned her head to stare at the ground, Notty seemed very confused
M-maybe I'm still dreaming...?
>she then suddenly straightened up (or as straight as she could be while still hunched over), quickly aiming two fingers at Alhaz, Tesya and the cow, constantly changing between all three of them
>while taking on an accusatory tone but not actually turning to either woman
Which one if you is the octopus!?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550586

>>41550577
Haha, she's a full time job!

>she said, looking down at the weird girl. She was certain she had to get the town authorities in on this.


>>41550581
>Octopus?

Last time I checked, I'm a minotaur.

>she looked to Alhaz


And she's a dragon...

>then to the cow which looked to be causing a bit of confusion for Notty.


...And that's a cute ol' dairy cow.

>She wouldn't mind having 8 arms like an octopus though

>Imagining the things she could do with 8 arms: 4 times the punching, able to hold 8 objects, be able to hug more people...

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550587

>>41550581
>>41550586

>oh, so she was just gonna… ignore the handshake, then. that’s fine! Alhaz’s ego was only slightly bruised, but she still maintained a soft smile even as she awkwardly set her hand back in her lap.


>”Are you sure we haven’t met?”


Oh! Well, um, I’m terribly sorry, but if I have I can’t remember it. Maybe we--

>”Which one of you is the octopus!?”


>Alhaz couldn’t even answer, frozen completely in place mid-word, still staring and smiling right through Notty. seriously, was this girl supposed to be like this? Tesya wasn’t saying anything about it, so…?


...What?

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550588

File: 1542753379158.jpg (32.17 KB, 256x360, I didnt do it.jpg)

>>41550586
>Notty blinked slowly, still staring off into space as Tesya tried to explain the situation
>"Last time I checked, I'm a minotaur."
I thought your name was Tesya.
>she blinked the other eyes, glancing between all three people around her
>>41550587
>slowly turning to face Alhaz again, she stared in silence at her for a few uncomfortably long seconds
>while it was difficult to tell exactly, it seemed that the girl still held some suspicions towards the dragon, and was trying to decide whether or not she could be trusted
...

Well, alright... I'll trust you with my sponge.
>reaching into the pouches she carried, she pulled out... a very soggy wool sock, with a rather striking bright pink and purple pattern
>gently carrying it in her hands, she held it out to Alhaz
He's asleep, so be careful. He gets cranky when he's woken up.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550589

>>41550588
...Yes yes... I'm Tesya.

>she pointed at herself


My name is Tesya. Species, Minotaur. We are a bit rare around these parts.

>>41550587
>Watching Notty pass the wet sock over to Alhaz, Tesya continued to be concerned for Notty... She had to get her back home quick.
>leaning over to Alhaz, she whispered, as quiet as she could (which honestly wasn't too quiet)

She's an odd one... I don't get it either. Makes me laugh though.

>looking back to Notty, she played along with her.


Haha, what is your sponge's name? I'd hate to wake them up and ask them.
This post was edited by its author on .

Hazshara!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550592

File: 1542761252182.jpg (215.35 KB, 1280x1226, 1522025984926.jpg)

>>41550562

There weren't many creatures that would consider Orgrimmar's arid, sunny climate in the middle of Kalimdor a particularly pleasant one. Vulpera and trolls were near the top of that list of hardy species. The orcs and the tauren of the plains could tolerate it, naturally. Goblins were nothing if not adaptive. Elves could, if in a pinch and supplied with the necessary supplies, tolerate it for however long it took to correct whatever misinterpreted directions had landed them in that environment to begin with. Maybe the worgen, as long as when you left them behind in the caravan you made sure to leave the windows down and out of direct sunlight.

Gnomes?

Hah.

As for the aqrabuamelu, more colloquially known as 'those half-scorpion-looking fellows,' they felt right at home haggling in the bazaars of Orgrimmar thanks to their desert upbringing. Their penchant for it, along with how skilled many of them had usually become in such professions as tailoring and leatherwork out of sheer necessity, meant it was more often than not easy pickings for them, and it wasn't much less uncommon for one of those strange hybrid breed to even have a storefront of their own. One of them was Hazshara, which, colloquially translated to 'That one half-scorpion-looking lady that goblins don't fuck with' after one unfortunate and very memorable incident. She had just been in the middle of finishing an order of very delicate fire-resistant leather caps that were meant for a scouting mission into the Searing Gorge to ascertain the Ragnaros situation. It was very important she get this done on time, otherwise they'd either be sending their scouts out not as well defended as they could be or remaining blind to the Firelord's--

WHAM!

"Sun and stars!" she blurted out, heart leaping into her chest as she whipped around with blinding speed, stinger raised and claws menacingly open in the direction of... the eye. The eye that was now busy looking into her shop and inquiring about her business. "No," she answered after a moment, aggressively defensive stance slowly relaxing but not quite abating all the way. "No, you were not."

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550600

File: 1542771679505.png (705.4 KB, 949x1079, I am but a simple beggar.png)

>>41550579
>Diogo would have had an insight on that story, but he was too busy trying to not scream. At least he knew he'd come to the right place. When his wound began to sizzle and smoke due to the enchanted brew breaking down the spell keeping his wound open, he was remarkably silent, the sound of heavy breathing through his nose the only sound he made as he let her tend to him. No snarky comments, no remarks on how nice it was to be tended to... no, he was busy trying not to die... though Gwen might have a bit to ask about the wound itself. Normally, the venom burned, but not literally. As it coursed through his veins though, the enchantment in the wound, the venom in the cure, and the dragonfire in his blood literally caused the incision to smoke, and incapacitated as he was, he was able to offer no explanation other than a weak smile.
"I think someone left the oven burning..."
>He joked weakly, not looking forward to answering the questions that came next.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550603

File: 1542773693117.jpg (9.92 KB, 180x279, Oh hello.jpg)

>>41550592
>Caelia struggled to find a position where she could engage with the small bug lady, without blocking the street. She eventually gave an exasperated sigh, slapping the street and leaving a handprint, before she said;
"Would you come outside? I will not fit inside the tent."
>She then got up and sat down between Hazshara's tent and the next shop, unphased by the noonday sun. She seemed... unhappy about the predicament, and how many small things she thought were trash were important things, like crates of supplies. She'd been having to strain her eyes. If Hazshara came outside, she'd be greeted by a sack of dozens of gold coins hitting the ground near her, obviously dropped by the giant.
"Payment. I require the services of a tailor. I have traveled the icy north, and this is my only garment."
>A brass breastplate in the middle of a desert, with nothing for padding but a thin leather inner layer? That seemed pretty hellish.
"I have also brought raw material. I was hoping you could create something... softer... in the chest area."

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550613

File: 1542828441969.png (101.61 KB, 350x259, hmmm.png)

>>41550600

You're doing fine, it should be over soon enough. Just hang in there.

>Gwen took his sudden silence and the heavy breathing he was doing as a sign that the potion was doing its job and she did her best to help him through it. The medicines that Pharika's followers created were not gentle, but they were effective. Maybe a little too effective as she realized that the bandages she was trying to apply were quite literally getting burned off and the smoke hit her sensitive nose.


>Well that was... different. Her brew couldn't have been that potent, could it? No, something else had to have been going on here, especially considering she could feel Cosette's coils tightening ever so slightly around her neck. The little beast only did that when she was nervous... or trying to warn her mistress of something. Gwen gave her patient the most deadpan expression in existence, her sightless gaze looking right through whatever excuses he tossed at her.


Sir... why are you on fire? My potions aren't that strong.

>Well, at least this kept him from asking more questions about her... or she hoped so anyway.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550645

>>41550588
>>41550589

>Alhaz still didn’t answer, just keeping up that blank stare and frozen smile while Notty offered up her… pet.


>seriously, what was up with this girl? was she even an adult? was Alhaz dealing with a kid here or something?




>well, may as well roll with it. if there was a chance this was some sort of weird child, Alhaz would never be able to bring herself to ruin her fun. and even if Notty wasn’t a child, then it would be just plain rude!


No no, you hold on to him. I’m sure he’s happier with you than he would be with anyone else! But thank you for introducing us!

>she gently pushed Notty’s hands aside, allowing her to feel how abnormally warm Alhaz’s skin was.


Besides, I’d probably just dry him out by accident; dragon, remember? It’s a bit toasty inside my pockets.

But anyways, Tesya said you’re trying to find your way home, right? Is there anything you can remember to help find it?

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550646

File: 1542897005320.jpg (44.68 KB, 480x480, Ill cut you.jpg)

>>41550589
>Notty blinked, staring at Tesya with an odd look on her face and a slightly quirked eyebrow
...he's a sponge. Why would he have a name?
>looking down at the sock in her hands, she tilted her head slightly
I don't think he can even hear anything.
>>41550645
>"I'm sure he's happier with you than he would be with anyone else!"
>Notty looked up at Alhaz, her expression not necessarily changing from its usual muted look, but somehow looking rather happy still with that thought
>"It's a bit toasty inside my pockets."
Oh, can I have some then? I haven't a thing all morning.
>she stored the sock back inside its proper pouch
>"Is there anything you can remember to help find it?"
Yeah, sure. I remember a lot of stuff. It was a village, with stone roads. I lived with my dads in a house. There were lots of houses, really.

I figure if we just find a house with one of my dads living in it, we'll be on the right path to find my village.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550648

>>41550645
>>41550646
>"Why would he have a name? I don't think he can even hear anything."
<"Things that can't hear can have names..."
>she said, briefly looking down at her hammer.

>tapping her hooves on the stone bricks at the ground, then looking around the immediate area, seeing all the houses, she scratched her head.

That doesn't quite narrow it down but I've worked with less!
>Always an optimist...
<"Plus she has two dads! How cute!"

>then looking over to Alhaz, she looked a bit confused on where to go next...

...Any ideas?

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550655

File: 1542919857090.png (1.17 MB, 1920x1080, Cocky.png)

>>41550613
>Diogo coughed out, the sound distinctly rough, almost as if there was something... combustible in the back of his throat.
"I'm afraid I have more secrets than most, my lady. My blood runs hotter than you might imagine, it's quite temporary, I promise you."
>He said, before he seemed to calm down, the last of the enchantment burning out with a pop and a sizzle as the bleeding stopped. Taking the bandage and helping her wrap it up, he seemed to be getting over being stabbed with remarkable speed. A regular man might be in bed for weeks, but he was already sitting up and seemed to be getting color back in him. She wouldn't be able to see his eyes flash silver, but she would be able to hear his question.
"I do hope you're more open minded than some. I'm not quite human madame. I assure you, it's nothing to worry about."
>He said, taking deep, soothing breaths as he sat up and crossed his legs, looking better as the moments passed, though his eyes were on the snake.
"So... I never did introduce myself. Sir Baraquiel Diogo, Sire of the Order of the Platinum Drake."
>He said, before giving a searching glance.
"Might I in turn have the name of my savior?"

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550664

File: 1542938866114.png (157.82 KB, 300x300, listening.png)

>>41550655

>That cough had her mildly concerned, but she wasn't going to bother him about it, especially since he claimed it was nothing to worry about. Still, that didn't stop her from planting herself in a chair near the bed once the mending was taken care of.


Alright sir, if you say so. And honestly, you could be a troll for all I care, I just help those in need. Someone like me really has no right to judge others...

>She mostly mumbled that last bit out as she briefly glanced off to the side, nearly reaching up towards her forehead where a strip of cloth was wrapped beneath her hair. And where that damnable eye lay hidden from the world. Yes, she was definitely the last person that should be criticizing others for who... or what they were.


>The little snake was still wrapped pretty firmly around Gwen's neck and almost seemed to give the man a knowing glance when he introduced himself to her mistress, well as much of a knowing glance a simple viper could give anyway. Gwen on the other hand was obviously very unaware of the man's true nature and gave him a nod.


It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Diogo. Gwenaelle Val--

>Gwen quickly stopped herself, almost looking nervous for a very brief second before her usual sullen expression returned to her face.


Voclain. Gwenaelle Voclain, though just Gwen is fine by me.

>Diogo wasn't the only one with secrets it seemed.
This post was edited by its author on .

Hazshara!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550676

File: 1542948182825.jpg (119.27 KB, 900x754, lady_scorpion_by_la_sera-d694o…)

>>41550603

Hazshara's pincers clicked and clacked slowly and uncertainly as she eyed the oversized drifter, but it was't much longer before her mind was made up and she moved outside with a cautious scuttle. That caution was quickly forgotten as she saw the sack of gold that was supposed to pass for payment; the aqrabuamelu's eyes flicked from the coinpurse to the giant, her entrepreneur's spirit almost immediately overriding her warrior's zeal. "Indeed you have," she noted at that penultimate comment, arms crossing over her chest even as her pincers lifted the opening of the bag and held it open for her to inspect. Her poised stinger swayed idly behind her as she thought over the offer, but not quite as idly as she chewed on her bottom lip, lost in a realm of possibilities.

"Well," she resumed after a moment's contemplation, "It would depend on what you are looking for in particular, if anything." She let the bag slump back shut as she returned her attention to Caelia, arms still crossed. "If what little I've heard about Northrend is any indication, you don't need any help with traversing any harsh elements Kalimdor might have to offer." She tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Metapod or Kakuna excretions could harden a leather exterior enough to protect against arrows or javelins if you're going through kal'dorei territory..." If Caelia offered a blank expression at the name, Hazshara would offer a helpful: "The night elves." That done, she resumed. "It's a tricky enchantment, but there are creatures that can disguise themselves with their environments... if you're trying to draw less attention to yourself, I could give camouflage enchantments a shot." Her pincers raised up to chest height and clamped together, giving her a nice convenient surface for her to clasp her hands together in a business-like gesture. "What are you looking for?"

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550684

>>41550646
>>41550648

>alright, now it was starting to click. granted, Notty wasn’t making any more sense, but at least Alhaz was starting to get a feel for her particular flavor of weird.


Eheh, not literally toasty, Notty. I just meant it’s really warm. Buuuut…

>she paused to shrug off her backpack, briefly checking for any small food she’d had left over since she’d arrived in this town. some dried fruit, some bread, some – oh! she still had some of that really good beef jerky she got a few stops back, that should be perfeeeeeeeccccccc…


>Alhaz froze in place for a moment to glance back at Tesya out of the corner of her eye, then to the dried meat in her backpack. on second thought, Alhaz elected to just give Notty the bread instead.


>anyways, back to the subject at hand. she did find Notty’s mention of having more than one dad a little peculiar, but, I mean, it’s not like she was closed-minded or anything. it’s just not something you hear about every day, right?


>...more importantly, why did she say “one of my dads”? that phrasing was a little weird, right? why wouldn’t they be living together? wouldn’t she just say “either of”? did she have multiple dads? this girl’s whole family situation sounded very strange, but one thing at a time.


Well, um, anything more specific that you can tell us? Does your village have a name? Anyone important or well-known you can remember? The nearest city, recognizable landmarks, anything like that?

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550685

File: 1542985853251.jpg (55.68 KB, 480x480, I dont know.jpg)

>>41550648
>>41550684
>"Not literally toasty, Notty."
<"Whatrally?"
>before she could really pose a question, the sight of food snapped her out of her curious state
>Notty quickly held out her hand towards Alhaz, hopping slightly in place as her fingers made "grabbing" motions, eagerly waiting for the bread
>as soon as Notty took it, she brought it up to her mouth to begin hungrily nibbling on it
>"Anything more specific you can tell us?"
...

...

>silence...


>"Does your village have a name?"

...

...

>silence...


>"Anyone important or well-known you can remember?"

...

...

>more silence...


>"The nearest city..."

>still silent
>"...recognizable landmarks, anything like that?"
...?
>this actually gave Notty pause amidst her silent breakfast
>she stopped her nibbling on the bread, bringing a finger up to her her bottom lip in a gesture that very clearly indicated she was thinking
...

...

Well... there was the obelisk outside the village. Everyone gathers there once a week and prays for a while.
>another pause, Notty actually trying to remember any more details
Dad says it's there to protect the village; that the Suzerain of Storms is able to watch over over all of us through it, and guide us in our times of need...
>she looked down at the piece of bread, growing silent for a few seconds
...I never understood how He could see us if the obelisk was underwater though. You can't see the village at all from it.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550686

>>41550664
>Oh? Now his interest was piqued. Why would this young healer feel the need to hide her name? He hadn’t missed the skip... but he wasn’t going to pry either. He owed her that much. Sitting up in the bed, he seemed to relax, the healing magic doing its divine work. Now all he needed was a drink.
“So, Miss Gwenalle... how has a blind woman such as yourself stayed safe with all these ruffians about? I imagine little Cosette’s been doing his part to keep the lady of the house safe?”
>He said, giving a questioning look at the serpent. He didn’t quite speak the language, but he knew enough about the body expression to know when the snake was protective.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550688

>>41550676
>Caelia gave a small snort at that. The idea of smallfolk arrows giving her anything more than pinpricks was absurd, but the enchantments she spoke of would help...
“You misunderstand, artisan. My armor will already deflect a giant’s blade.”
>Indeed, it was nearly a foot thick in places, and the shiny bronze-brass metal looked sturdy and strong as iron. Even if unenchanted, it had to be at least a ton of protection.
“If you have anything that will protect against chill weathers, I would be grateful... But my reason for coming is to have an undergarment fashioned.”
>She said, before she leaned down and tried to whisper... the thing was, it was a giant trying to whisper. It wasn’t very quiet at all, and everybody for a dozen yards could hear her voice.
“My nipples have chafed since Northrend. I would very much like something to wear that is not Celestial Bronze armor.”
>She said, not having the good graces to look embarrassed. Going by the fiery red mane of hair, and the slightly ashen tone to her bronzed skin, she was a fire giant. Equally at home in this desert as they were in the heart of the fire lands. No wonder she’d asked for cold weather gear in a place like this...
“If the gold is not enough, I can pay in services. I’m sure there is some task which would benefit from strength and resilience.”

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550690

>>41550684
>while Alhaz was starting to get a rhythm for understanding Notty, Tesya was however, not that clever. Too straight forward of a thinker.

Yes, I've been all over the country, name a landmark and I should be able to recognize it.

>but, it looked like Alhaz was starting to get the hang of things.. >>41550685

>even though Notty was taking some time to respond.

>Wait... Did she say underwater?

>scratching her chin, Tesya hummed.
>Well shoot, that is quite the search... For all she knew, it could be somewhere in the whole ocean.

Heh, well, that certainly narrows the search down.

>she said, nodding, punching her fist into her open palm for emphasis.


Got to look for any large bodies of water that are deep and big enough to have a village. Might just run into some murlocs along the way. Is your home in salty water or not salty water though?

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550702

File: 1543034070031.png (71.53 KB, 224x306, daydreamer.png)

>>41550686

>Almost as if she had read Diogo's mind, Gwen got up from her chair and carefully made her way over to a nearby kitchen area, where she then proceeded to gather up various herbs and boil some water. Once that was done, she went back over to Diogo and held the cup of hot tea out to him, the pleasant smell of peppermint and lavender coming from it.


Here, I know the potion wasn't all that pleasant, but this should help get the taste out of your mouth. It will settle your stomach and help you rest too.

>At his question, Gwen brought her hand up to the little viper still very much clinging to her neck and gently pet its head, the moody expression on her face never leaving.


By giving into their demands... And she did, but she is just one little creature and some of them even threatened her if I didn't give them what they wanted. The ones that got a little too handsy did learn their lessons though.

>When she said this, the viper almost looked smug, or at least as smug as a creature like that could look anyway. Gwen on the other hand looked as if she wanted to ask something, but was hesitating, even if she tried not to show it.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550708

>>41550685
>>41550690

>Alhaz tried (and failed) to suppress a smile at Notty’s little grabby-hands display. she had already figured out that Notty was a bit strange, but only now was it starting to click that she was kinda super darn cute, too.


>she similarly tried and failed to resist the urge to gently pat Notty on the head like a puppy while she ate in silence. maybe she would take offense, Alhaz didn’t know. but dang it, she just couldn’t not.


>she was so distracted by this that she hardly even noticed Notty wasn’t answering any of her questions, only snapping back to reality when Notty finally spoke again.


>…


>hang on, what?


>Obelisk outside of village, everyone goes there once a week

>Obelisk is underwater

>Alhaz paused in her Notty-petting to take a second look at her with a curious expression. a few things were possible here; either Notty misspoke, her village has some sort of magic capacity to go underwater, or she’s not as human as she initially appeared.


>not that anything would be wrong with that, of course! it would be kind of bizarre for a girl with no drop of human blood anywhere in her to have that kind of bias. it was just surprising to think about is all.


Uh, Tesya, I don’t think she meant the village is underwater.

>did she take everything on face value like that? guess she and Notty were like meets like.


Still, that helps narrow it down a lot! So we’re looking for somewhere along the coast that worships the, uh, “Suzerain of Storms”, you said?

>Alhaz put a finger to her chin in thought, unconsciously mirroring Notty’s gesture.


I can’t really say I’ve ever heard of them, but I’m sure if we do some research, we can narrow down our search area!

Notty!q3zXVe21B.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550709

File: 1543073467535.jpg (26.5 KB, 184x478, you shouldnt have.jpg)

>>41550690
>"Is your home salty water or not salty water thought?"
My home is wood.
>she quickly answered
>>41550708
>as Alhaz began her thinking, Notty brought her own finger up to her bottom lip at the same time
>she slowly lifted the bread for another quick bite, just letting the conversation mostly fly past her
...

Ah. There was a river nearby too...
>she spoke up again, slowly remembering some more details
Yes, the Suzerain of Storms. He keeps us safe.

Dad also called him the Sultan of Sea. But dad called him the Father of the Foam, while dad just called him Lord of the Sea.
>she tossed the last bit of bread into her mouth, munching it up quickly and swallowing
...but more names is a good thing, right? That means we have more stuff to ask people.

Sax (Mobile)Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550712

>>41550688


"Ah." Hazshara pursed her lips, doing her best to keep her cool in the face of a very private proclamation that had been made in a very public place. "Rrrrright." She clapped her hands together, her pincers clacking sympathetically. "So! An under-armor piece, light frost enchanting. Should be simple enough." She took a moment for another once-over that probably took a few seconds less on her usual clientele. "Possibly a bit time consuming, however," she tacked on. "I can likely fashion the beasts' fur into something presentable as well, should you fancy a cloak or clasp." The last comment, though, got a thoughtful look from her. "Nothing that requires my immediate attention, thank you; if you're looking for a way to soften the hit to your coinpurse, though, you could probably look at the announcement board at the intersection deeler inside the canyon." She nodded further down the opposite direction from where Caelia had come. "All sorts of job postings and monster hunter requests on there. Some of them even come from Warchief Thrall, I've heard. No idea if it's true," she finished with a wry snort. "I've always made do with what those adventurers bring me."

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550716

File: 1543115846398.jpg (12.73 KB, 225x225, do you know how hard it is to …)

>>41550712
>Caelia shook her head, beginning to take out the rolled up hides with a gentle hand, to make sure she didn't rip them in haste.
"I do not need smallfolk currency. I've found they are more than willing to take Jotun gold. I simply did not know how much I was paid by the butchers for the meat."
>She said, reaching deeper into her travel sack to retrieve something a bit more delicate than Hazshara might be expecting. It was a clamshell coin purse, but the giant clam it was made of showed to be filled with coins the size of dinner plates when she popped it open. The loud metallic clang of the iron prongs said it was secure enough as she closed it again. Putting it back in the sack, she relaxed against the canyon wall, and crossed her legs to keep from blocking traffic. As for the conversation...
"An undergarment only. A cape would be ostentatious."
>She said, pulling a bushel of apples she'd bought from the market place, taking them a small handful at a time and eating them like one would sunflower seeds or some othersuch food. Thoughtfully, she looked down.
"You seem to know a lot about the board. Do you act as signpost only, or do you have experience with adventuring yourself?"
>She asked, a little brusquely but interested enough. She seemed to be staying in case Hazshara needed measurements, though she'd likely need a few more meters of measurement tape.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550717

File: 1543116708934.png (1.09 MB, 1920x1080, A drink in bed2.png)

>>41550702
>Diogo took a deep drought of the tea and seemed to relax. Leaning against the headboard, he seemed to stare off into space listening to her story. Damn him... if he'd gotten here just a little sooner. Oh well... Seeing the hesitation on her face though, he gave an encouraging smile.
>It was only after several seconds of learning curve he remembered she couldn't see, and said, blushing deeply;
"Ahem... well I'm sorry to hear that. You shouldn't of been left to their devices as long as you were. I can see the questions you still have, and I'm going to be bedridden for hours. Might as well pass the time."
>He said, before giving her a few seconds and in a softer voice.
"Trust me. There's nothing you can ask that I'm embarrassed to disclose, my lady."

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550721

File: 1543127562250.png (52.95 KB, 229x231, melancholy.png)

>>41550717

It's alright Sir Diogo, I assure you I have had to deal with much worse circumstances...

>Gwen just trailed off with that statement, a positively jaded expression on her face as she sat back down in the chair by the bed. There was very clearly much more to the young woman than just being a simple healer in a quiet village, but she obviously wasn't too keen on talking about herself too much. She flinched slightly at his statement and stared down at her lap as she fidgeted with the hems of her sleeves.


Oh, I... I'm sorry, it just seems selfish of me to ask, especially since you came in here nearly bleeding to death. It's just... I know you adventuring sorts sometimes tend to collect the ill-gotten spoils of those you defeat. Most do anyway.

>She glanced back over at him, making a fairly large circular shape with one of her hands. Might as well just ask the man about it.


One of those bastards took a necklace of mine during a time I couldn't pay them in gold. It was really important to me... It has a rather good-sized medallion with an intricate knot pattern and a gem inlaid in the middle of it. It's pretty worn too. You... didn't happen to see anything like that, did you?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550723

>>41550708
Maybe it is underwater! Dwarves have villages underground, why can't we have underwater villages.

>she said, idly twirling one of her hair braids.

>she was very glad that Alhaz was with them though. Tesya was always more of a follower than a leader; either she worked on her own or she listened to someone's orders, never giving them.
>with Alhaz being both nice and smart, this quest would certainly gain some traction.

>>41550709
...Right...

>Guess Alhaz was right in that the village wasn't underwater.

>Nodding, she listened to the various names, each following the trend of (male leader) of (ocean thing)

>Crossing her arms, she put on a determined expression, as if placed with a difficult task.

I know one place we could use... But it's a place I rarely visit... One I get a lot of mean looks when I go in. A library.

They should have something on our Suzerain of Storms.

Hazshara!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550731

File: 1543199291200.png (7.21 MB, 1883x2509, Ульдум.png)

>>41550716

That brightened Hazshara up considerably. She'd been given an opportunity to talk about herself, and Caelia had opened the floodgates. "Not adventuring per se, but I have been hired on with war parties for armor repair and remembrance work!" she exclaimed, one hand going into a sack tied around her waist as her pincers briskly zipped off a tie of thin rope that had been around her lower and/or rear carapace. The show of multitasking was, quite simply, astounding: at the same time her lower, more chitinous limbs tossed the measuring tape over and around and crossways of Caelia, Hazshara took every second she was anywhere resembling in front of the recumbent giant to show off scrolls that had been painstakingly woven and painted, presumably by herself, to show different vistas across the globe.

"This one is from an expedition the Warchief sent to investigate the re-emergence of the continent of Draenor," she explained, the panorama in front of Caelia showing a shattered expanse of dust-choked land, watched over by a yawning portal with robed stone guardians standing to either side to form the pillars of the towering archway. Just from what she could tell of the environment around the gateway and the way even the armored orcs in their makeshift forward bases were dwarfed by it, it wouldn't be difficult for Caelia to surmise that it would be easy for two of even her kinsmen to march through that stone doorway two abreast. "It was once a lush country," the scorpion woman explained further for her client's benefit, "before Chaos got its claws into the orcs' ancestors and their enslavement to their dark magic killed the land itself. I hear tell Chaos planned the same fate for the rest of us, before the first Alliance was formed and held them back long enough for the orcs to break their bonds of the dark gods." She shrugged. "No one even knows what its name used to be. It only goes by Draenor now; no guesses as to who gave it that name." The scroll zipped shut, the rope tugged uncomfortably tight around Caelia's waist, and another of the remembrancer's archives was procured.

"Ah, this is from when I had the honor of accompanying Silvermoon archaeologists to the ruins of Uldum! They were rumored to have been constructed by the Titans themselves, and the stronghold of Al'akir the Windlord himself is theorized to be in the highest reaches of the sky-palaces to the south..." It certainly seemed a reasonable enough theorem to look at the place. Hazshara herself certainly sounded like a well-traveled merchant.

Now the question was how much longer she would keep proving that.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550734

File: 1543209699734.jpg (9.39 KB, 252x200, that hair tho.jpg)

>>41550731
>Caelia was remarkably still as Hazshara crawled around, and on her. It'd be impossible to measure her arms or neckline without her helpfully offering a hand to stand on. As she spoke though, Caelia's smile slowly dwindled into a flat, deadpan look.
"Oh. She's not an adventurer. She follows an adventurer around and writes down what they do."
>Once she was completely satisfied with her measuring, she looked to Hazshara with an inquisitive eye.
"You have been to Draenor, and seen Chaos? It is... more than I expected."
>She said, avoiding the end of that statement and avoiding saying "from someone like you."
"Al'akir, Ul'duum, these names are unfamiliar too me... but you seem far traveled. Tell me, slæger, where would you go, if you had help to lend?"
>She said, seeming thoughtful. She wanted to help, she really did. The scourge was consuming the land, travelling south quickly... it had to go somewhere, stymied as it was in the north. She'd had to wipe the muck off her boots more than once.
"I came here not for odd jobs, and bounties. I came to help any force that would oppose the Master of Icecrown."
>She said, looking at this city, prepped and primed for a fight on their terms. Perhaps it was mighty to smallfolk, but it seemed tragically undefended. The thought of what would happen to this city should the Lich King take Theros made her shudder. What a force of half a dozen her brethren turned death knights could do, she daren't think.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550735

File: 1543210164299.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080, Don't insult me.png)

>>41550721
>Diogo turned red as a beet. Of course he'd taken his payment from them. Dead men carried no coins into Cocytus, and he'd carry them to the nearest brothel. There was a momentary flare of draconic greed as he thought of the necklace. She didn't need to know he had it... he could lie, take it, add it to his hoard of riches...
>And just as deeply, that thought was quashed as Diogo reached into the pocket of his jacket, and retrieved a drawstring bag.
"You're in luck Lady Gwen. I had hoped to return the riches these men hadn't spent to the town..."
>He'd hoped no such thing.
"And you will be the first to have your belongings restored."
>And the last.
>Taking out the pendant with a sour look on his face, he handed it over with a begrudging smile, glad she couldn't see his regret. He was a gentleman after all. It hadn't been his to claim.
"Other than the gem being worth some small fortune, what exactly is the value to you of the bauble, miss?"
>He said, curious, and a little envious as he got up to lay it in her hands.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550736

>>41550709
>>41550723

...because most people can’t breathe underwater, Tesya.

>despite the rather obvious correction, Alhaz’s tone didn’t carry any real judgment; more just genuine confusion.


But, uh, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, Notty.

>...and speaking of confusion, just how many dads did Notty have?


>still, despite that strange assertion, Tesya was on the right track, though she definitely seemed a lot less comfortable with the idea than Alhaz was. she could definitely relate to feeling too big for such a space, but she’d still spent most of her life prior to her growth spurt buried in a pile of books; no amount of awkward stares could make libraries feel any less like home.


Mhm! Either libraries or any sort of religious centers are probably our best bet. I’ll start looking for any sort of lead we could use, but in case we don’t find anything –

>Alhaz turned a bit, pointing back to the road, then to the east.


– if you two don’t mind a few days’ walk, there’s a city down the road that has a pretty huge library, and I’d bet good money they’ll have what we’re looking for. I was actually already heading that way soon anyways, so it’s really no inconvenience for me to try to help!

>sure, helping a weird lost little possibly-a-fish girl find her way home wasn’t exactly the glamorous start to Alhaz’s adventuring career that she’d daydreamed about, but she wasn’t about to turn down the chance to assist someone in need!


>...plus, it helped that Tesya seemed pretty nice and Notty was sort of adorable, in kind of a “weird puppy” sorta way.

Hazshara!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550758

File: 1543288276511.jpg (259.33 KB, 1564x1600, Girtablilu_Aqrabuamelu_Scorpio…)

>>41550734

Hazshara's briefly upbeat mood withered quickly once Caelia invoked that hateful title, as if she'd felt a brush of cold wind from the halls of the damned themselves. The giant didn't need to say the name itself for the gut-punch effect to be roughly the same.

Arthas.

He had a million titles: Master of Icecrown was one of the more incidental among them. Lupercal, Warmaster, the Arch-Traitor, Elfbane... and of course, the Lich King.

"If I had help to lend, I would be right behind the first landing party that managed to make a beachhead fortress on Northrend's ghoul-choked beaches to the south and follow the Warchief all the way up to that wretched black ice throne and put an end to the undead once and for all," she grunted, her many legs criss-crossing over each other as she got back down to ground level and re-evaluated her measurements based on the markings on the string and eyeballing Caelia to cross-reference what she'd gotten by good old common sense, even as she talked. "Of course, as soon as we did that, the High King of the Alliance would swoop right in and take everything from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff, just as we would take Stormwind to Ironforge if they committed themselves to all-out war with... with him." She sighed. "The only time we're not at each other's throats is when Chaos deigns to throw another mass of their aberrations through the Tomb of the Mad Titan, and by the time Icecrown can focus enough to throw that scale of assault at our shores, it'll probably be too late for any level of cooperation."

Her train of thought was interrupted by a mighty, lowing war-horn somewhere in the distance, its echoing bass finding a few pebbles that hadn't yet been shaken loose from cliff faces to clatter to the ground amidst thin trails of dust. "Who knows?" she finally admitted. "Maybe Rotan amassed the military might to rival the Dominion and the Alliance at the same time while I wasn't looking. Maybe the College or the Reeve or the Ferasans are hiding an ancient dragon amongst their leadership." She snorted, looking back to her measurements. "Maybe the Guardian will get his bony ass out of Kharazan and wish Arthas away," she finished with a surly mutter, the tone of voice of someone who'd stopped believing in the promise of progress and cooperation a long time ago and decided it was easier to just go with the flow until the flow had been sucked completely down the drain.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550760

File: 1543293043368.png (50.29 KB, 219x261, ohdear.png)

>>41550735

>Gwen was actually taken aback in surprise at hearing this, mostly expecting Diogo to tell her that he hadn't seen anything of the sort, whether in truth or a straight up lie. Honestly, he could have easily taken the necklace for himself and she would have been none the wiser about it, something that was unfortunately a common occurrence to those in her condition. A ghost of a smile seemed to cross her usually somber expression for once.


Oh, thank goodness, I thought for sure it was gone for good! It truly is a blessing that you arrived when you did and I'm sure the other townsfolk would be grateful to you. The world needs more people like you, Sir Diogo.

>Sure enough like she had described, the necklace was a good-sized medallion, which was clearly made of gold, attached to a simple chain. Etched into the medallion was a pretty complicated knot pattern, which surrounded a beautiful and deeply red ruby in the dead center. Upon closer inspection, one could see the medallion was indeed worn, little nicks and scrapes here and there and even the ruby having some tiny chips out of it. Even still, it was a very beautiful necklace.


>The moment Gwen came into contact with it, she felt the enchantment attached to it immediately take hold and she breathed a sigh of relief, the constant hum that was always in her mind finally quieting down to a more tolerable level. She nervously hoped Diogo wouldn't take notice of the flow of magic that seemed to surround her suddenly cutting off... if he could even sense such a thing to begin with. She gently ran her fingers over the medallion as she listened to him, a little hesitant on answering his question. But what were the chances that this random adventurer would even know the crest of her family, especially since the noble house of Valerian was all but gone by now? Or so she figured anyway.


It's priceless. It might seem like a simple bauble to you, Sir Diogo, but it's more than that to me. It was my father's.
This post was edited by its author on .

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550762

File: 1543297736358.jpg (133.53 KB, 960x540, glitz.jpg)

>>41550758
>Caelia seemed puzzled. They were stuck here. This canyon stronghold was mighty, yes, but they were rats in a trap, with enemies on all sides. It was a sobering proposition, how trapped these people felt... but they couldn't do anything to escape it.
>But she could.
"You have Chaos to the south. Enemies to the east. The Scourge to the north. Uncertainty to the west."
>She said, before smiling down at her half scorpion friend.
"Do you know what my general, Kalemne, would say in this situation?"
>She said, leaning back and chuckling as she did so. Deepening her voice, and putting on a scowl, she grinned.
"Gather your allies, and march. For when there are enemies on all sides, there is no direction you can go where you will not find victory."
>She said, a plan set in motion at that very moment. Reaching into her bag, she retrieved a writing kit; A leather tube about five feet tall. Within was a cauldron sized ink pot, a bottle tall as Hazshara, a brush that had to have a whole horse's worth of hair, and a few sheafs of paper, appropriately sized. Caelia then began to write, in a steady, even, practiced hand, even if the words were overlarge.
"Are there rules about the job board, Hazshara? What can be put there?"
>She said, suddenly knowing how she could put her knowledge to the best use. She'd been leader of a phalanx once... She could be again, even if they were a bit small.

Notty!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550767

File: 1543334228828.jpg (36.85 KB, 286x389, tell me your story.jpg)

>>41550736
>"...because most people can't breathe underwater, Tesya."
...

...

They can't?
>she looked up at Alhaz, her empty look of confusion never actually changing from its default position, but actually feeling appropriate for the situation
>her eyes blinked, Notty tilting her head slightly as she thought
I guess that would explain why nobody wants to go dragonfly hunting with me...
>>41550723
>looking up at Tesya when she offered her suggestion, Notty actually nodded
Hey, yeah! That's a great idea, Tesya! We just have to go to the library and find everything we need!
>she placed her fists on her hips, nodding again with a confident tone to her voice
This should be easy!
>another nod, before her head turned to Alhaz
What's a library?

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550788

>>41550736
>A few days walk
>A huge library
>Perfect, they were on the right track for adventure
Do I mind a few days walk? Let me tell you, these hooves were made for walking!

>she said, lightly stomping her hooves on the ground. It went without saying that minotaurs were a tough species. Walking around and traveling far were second easy, no matter the terrain.


I'll even carry stuff if needed.

>>41550767
A library is like a place where they take a bunch of books and put them all in one place.

>she said, reaching her hand as high as she could for emphasis


Shelves as high as you can reach! Books about all sorta things! My favorite book at my village's library was the cookbook.

>she could read that recipe on how to make fondue over and over again.

Hazshara!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550803

>>41550762

The merchant pursed her lips at the proclamation. "Sounds like your general knew what she was all about," she mused, but she couldn't pretend that there wasn't something admirable in the saying... something that the Warchief and his generals would probably appreciate, at least. Her latest question, however, replaced that burgeoning patriotism with confusion and maybe a slight bit of trepidation.

No, definitely a slight bit of trepidation.

"I honestly never thought to check," she admitted. "As far as I know, if you have a quest or a job that needs to be done and you can- and do- pay the amount specified upon the job's completion, then you have carte blanche." A brief pause. "Wwwwwhy?" she dared to venture.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550804

File: 1543377742011.jpg (26.93 KB, 604x338, What in the....jpg)

>>41550760
>Diogo sat up, interested. The magic in this room, which he'd attributed to the shrine in the corner, suddenly damped as soon as she put the medallion around her neck. He gave a smile as the mystery deepened.
"And who would your sire be, My Lady? I need to send them a token of my thanks as well."
>He said slyly. He didn't recognize the crest on the amulet, though it looked familiar... He was sure he'd heard whispering of a girl like this, if only he had a name. It was killing him now, and he had to know.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550805

File: 1543384120426.png (50.84 KB, 131x359, quietnod.png)

>>41550804

>And just as quickly as it had appeared, the faint smile on her face immediately vanished and she was once again in her usual gloomy mood, her sightless gaze turned away from him as she stared out at nothing in particular.


Then you would be sending thanks to the dead, sir. My father passed from this realm a good number of years ago, as well as my mother...

>And the entire Valerian household, including her elder sister, in one bloodstained blaze in a single night. Gwen's hands clenched slightly as she still remembered everything - from her father's shouting at herself and her sister to get away, to the smell of smoke and the feeling of the flames as they scorched her flesh. And this was all because of the existence she was forced into - a living relic of immense magical power.


>Just the thought of being chased after again by those that merely saw her as a tool to be used made her stomach twist. Not wanting to dwell on all this anymore, Gwen took a deep breath and tried to clear her mind before speaking up again, a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes appearing as she glanced back over to her guest.


It is rather late. I really think you should get some rest now, Sir Diogo.
This post was edited by its author on .

TychoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550838

File: 1543541347370.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080, That was great.png)

>>41550805
"I don't think I'm the only one!"
>He said, relaxing back in the bed, annoyed that his roguish good looks hadn't won him the maiden fair. Still though, he wasn't bleeding out in the street, and that was a fair improvement over what could have been! He couldn't complain about a mystery, especially when she had saved him.
"My physician knows best Ma'am. I shall get my bedrest, and we can hold a better conversation in the morning, no?"
>He said, settling into bed with a sigh. He'd been so nicely treated here... he'd need to bring a gift to the town, next time he visited. Perhaps something shiny from the vault...
>He dwelled on these things as he rested, and slowly drifted off... normally he wouldn't feel this welcome in a stranger's home, but for a knight, he wore no armor she could steal, just two simple daggers that he'd put on the table. If she wanted to kill him and steal his stuff, that'd be all she got... Ultimately though, he'd helped her, and that was enough to earn him a good night's rest anyway.
"Goodnight, lady Gwen."

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550839

File: 1543545748025.jpg (143.32 KB, 1280x720, Brighttomorrow.jpg)

>>41550803
>Caelia continued writing, the brushstrokes short and brusque. Seems she could write in Common, but it wasn't elegant. At the size of the letters, it was easy to read as she wrote it.
To all warriors in Orgrimmar not currently stationed; Giant in area requests soldiers for expedition into Scourge territory. Pay will be rendered up front, weapons and arms made by Jotun hands. Vengeance against the Lich King is, naturally, its own reward.
>She was going to gather allies, and march.
"I plan to take action with a small group of men. I plan to harden them the way I was, and arm them the way I am armed. I will then carve a path for this city to follow."
>She said. Caelia was not a woman of words, or inaction, and just as swiftly as she'd made her decision, she began making her way to the bounty board, though she stopped and turned her eye to Hazshara.
"How long will it take to finish the garment I have requested?"

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550921

File: 1543700619439.png (299.86 KB, 490x590, working.png)

>>41550838

You are right, perhaps I can sleep easier now that those dreadful thieves are gone.

>Or she would at least try. The bandits hadn't been the only thing that would trouble her sleep at night, but that was yet another thing she kept to herself. She really didn't say much about talking with him in the morning, other than a little 'hm' in response. Debating on whether or not to sleep in the chair near the bed, she made her decision and got up to prepare for sleep. She figured he was bedridden enough to not go snooping around while she tried to get some much needed rest and she was mindful to keep any personal things very hidden.


>Before making her way upstairs to the small room where she slept, she made sure to put the fire out and gently deposited her little viper companion onto her shrine dedicated to Pharika. Cosette seemed to hesitate for a brief moment as she watched her mistress, before slowly vanishing into a hidden crevice within the shrine. Gwen then gathered up an extra blanket and brought it over to her patient before finally making her way up to her sleeping quarters.


Goodnight Sir Diogo, rest well and don't be afraid to call for me should you need help.

Hazshara!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41550924

>>41550839

Hazshara blinked at the missive being written in front of her, then blinked again as she looked up at Caelia and struggled to process the question while she simultaneously marveled at the sheer display of audacity. A lone giant, walking right through the front gates of the heart of the Horde, to declare her intent to take the fight directly to Arthas Lupercal. She was insane; worse than that, she'd be lucky if the Warchief or one of his generals didn't see this as some sort of attempt to usurp power!

... wouldn't she?

"Erm," her answer began helpfully, "if I can focus on just your order, I can hopefully have it done by this time tomorrow. Should give you plenty of time to..." She trailed off, glancing at the crude proclamation again. "... find some hopefuls," she decided on after a while.

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551054

File: 1544308251353.jpg (450.92 KB, 1280x542, Kung_Fu_Panda-5.jpg)



>Kuka.


>A great island that lie off the cost of the mainland which had the distinction of being 90% mountains and valleys. It was difficult to imagine that anything could live on the island, and yet nobody had managed to tell the inhabitants that. For the island thrived. Farmers, merchants, chefs all. A simple life was eked out by those who lived there, and they had very little to complain about. There was no real technology or advancement, and even mages were on short supply.


>But what Kuka had in return was Mugen Temple.


>'Temple' had been a misnomer for a very long time, but that's still what it was referred to. More accurately, it was a Martial Arts academy. A place for men and women to hone their bodies and minds, to transform themselves into stronger and better people through martial knowledge and discipline. One of the most important tenants of all martial arts is that one should use their skills to defend the weak, and Mugen took that particular idea to heart.


>For as well as a Martial Arts academy, the students were also there to aid those who needed it. Be it as a bodyguard, manual labour, pest exterminator, anything you could think of. Some money went to the student, some went back to the academy, a sustainable method of paying off the cost of learning at the college, as well as gaining worldly experience and the chance to apply their talents, as well as continually train.


>Which is why the temple was no strangers to visitors. Prospective customers coming in to see whosoever might wish to hire one of their students to help however they wish...As long as their intentions were pure and without harm.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551057

File: 1544312098190.jpg (45.27 KB, 470x650, __mata_hari_fate_grand_order_a…)

>>41551054
>A lone traveller climbed up the stairs to this great temple. This traveller did not wear the attire suitable for a traveller, the light orange fabric that barely clung to her curves exposed most of her figure to the world and left very little to the imagination of onlookers. It was clearly the flowing frills and enticingly minimal outfit of a dancer.

>Yes, a dancer who had come a fair ways to this island determined to buy the services of one of it's many great martial artists. Someone with her looks and charm needed a good strong arm to keep onlookers for breaking the golden rule of "look, but don't touch." Only the best would do.


Finally... so many stairs here, I think my legs got more of work out just getting up here then anything I did back at the college.

>Thus Sherry Palomino, a fresh graduate of the Claudia Augustine College of Prefomance Arts Excellence, found herself at the doors of the this great temple. Who would she end up hiring? What would they be like? Were the allowed to drink wine? All very important questions she hopped would be answered...

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551059

File: 1544314825827.png (1.13 MB, 1264x536, PalaceArena.png)

>>41551057

>The main courtyard of the temple bustled with activity. Some students at practice in corners, going through kata in quiet sequence under the watchful eye of their trainers, other students in smaller groups, quietly talking among themselves or engaged in practice of their own. Some were simply reading in the shade of the trees that grew around the courtyard.


>As Sherry walked around, it was plain to see the effect that her...attire was having on the courtyard. Students mid drills would find their eyes wandering over to her, faltering in their exercise. Even those who weren't in the middle of practice would find their gaze caught, staring at the provocatively dressed newcomer. All eyes were on her.


>It took a master, a powerfully built man in his 40s, to approach her and clear his throat, bowing his head low.


Excuse me miss, would you be a visitor to our order? I can help guide you to your destination, if you are.

>Cool headed, calm gaze and not even the slightest hint that he was ogling her alluring form. This was certainly a martial arts master all right.

Karazhan!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551061

File: 1544317790103.jpg (106.65 KB, 1200x495, worldofwarcraft-ed.jpg)

It was a fundamental rule of the world that magic, no matter its school, required mana. Whether the spellcaster drew it from the world around them or from pre-made holding gems, funneled it directly from a nearby leyline, or were fortunate enough to be the eighth son of the eighth son of a mage and were blessed enough to generate their own stores of mana, the end result was the same. No fireball could be cast without it, no scrying spell could peer into the aether in its absence, no would-be lich could raise their undead armies in a land tapped of the ethereal stuff.

Imagine, then, the potential of an eighth son of an eighth son that had been chosen as the Guardian of Sylvestrun, installed into a position of power that bestowed upon him the might of six fellow archmagi, situated in a tower of ancient arcane history that sat atop a leyline convergence point. One could be forgiven for not being able to comprehend the arcane might of such an individual; those that tried often regretted doing so, for it indirectly opened their eyes to the horrors that faced their world. Chaos was one thing, yes, as was the Lich King in the far north, but these were mortal affairs. The Guardian might lend his strength to ward off the latest black crusade launched by the Ruinous Powers, but he spent most of his days sequestered in the great tower of Karazhan, vigilant, silent, ever watchful for those that wished his world harm. There were few in the world that comprehended the full scope of what visitors from 'Outside' were capable of, in the absence of the Arch-Traitor and He Who Sits on the Throne, and so the plane's Guardian sat atop his lonely tower, peering into the swirling pool of nebulous magic, alone in his knowledge and content in that solitude, his dark, sunken eyes staring intently as a swirl of mana curled into a shoal of void energies, creating a small, lazy maelstrom of deep blues and black-purples that would have taken the breath of anyone who was a mere bystander, marveling at the beauty of the crystalline pool that glittered and reflected in the grand library at the top of the Guardian's home; to him, however, it was a portent, a sign that an ancient, unspoken contract had been breached, and that his attention was now required.

The Guardian turned without a word, his feathered black cloak billowing around him as he strode to the balcony overlooking the surrounding countryside, flipped his cloak in a grand gesture... and disappeared in a swirl of black feathers and sundered magic. In his place, an unassuming raven took flight, soaring quickly up and away, in the direction of what his obscure readings had told him of...

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551062

File: 1544318810888.jpg (145.37 KB, 850x637, __jing_ke_and_mata_hari_fate_g…)

>>41551059
>Sherry knew everyone was looking at her but she didn't mind one bit. She was use to that sort of thing, she was basically paid to let people look at her. What was more important was that she know had someone to help her!

Ah yes, I am a visitor here! I'm looking to hire a bodyguard! Someone big, powerful, and intimidating.

>She gives the older man before her with inquisitive eyes.


Kinda like you maybe? Yeah, arms like tree trunks and legs for days. That'll work.

???!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551063

File: 1544318977850.jpg (516.5 KB, 850x500, c4rd4r7_l81pau8ydn.jpg)

>>41551061

The mortal world had a complicated relationship with Hell.

This is hardly a controversial statement, and probably requires elaboration.

The Circles of Hell were a known phenomenon, and their reputation as a place of suffering for deserving mortal souls was indeed a well-earned one; torture and slavery weren't at all out of the question, and more often than not an infernal city-state would function on a brutal system of meritocracy where the slightest gaff could result in a high-ranking demon either being humiliated and stripped of their power to become a lowly, gibbering imp, or outright annihilated mind, body, and soul so their arcane makeup could return screaming to the mysterious primordial soup from which the Hells had been born. This gave the denizens of those cities a vested interest in amassing their own bases of power, and that often involved amassing enough mortal souls and riches to place a comfortable buffer between themselves and their enemies. Of course, there was also nothing stopping them from trying to undermine their enemies and taking their belongings as well. It was a place of backstabbing and politicking and paranoia, pocked by hedonism and reveling in what one has managed to accrue.

Small wonder that several demons chose to try to strike it large in the mortal plane, or maybe even swear themselves to the enigmatic powers of Chaos... or even the Lich King's lieutenants, if they were truly desperate. Such runaways fell under the purview of the Guardian, and most of them were either banished back to their home realm or allowed to go about their business once they'd been made to squirm a bit: more often than not, a scheming demonic entity would slink back to the Circles of their own volition once they knew Medivh was watching them. Of course, not every demon sought to bring ruin to Sylvestrun, and some of them even truly desired redemption: the draenei, the self-named 'exiles,' were examples of this.

The ones that felt guilt were the outliers.

Deep within the alleyways of the magical hub of Mox Nine, a jagged hole in space itself was ripped open, crimson lightning dancing madly around the haggard edges and nothing visible within it but a roiling maelstrom of black-red smoke- at first, anyway. It wasn't long before a lithe figure stepped out, red horns curling down to frame an equally crimson face from which yellow eyes glanced around. "Looks clear enough," he mused to apparently no one, the figure hopping out and brushing his long, black-leather duster to make sure it was clear of the portal before looking down to the curious metal pendant clutched in his fingers. "Hope this thing works," he continued, but this time a little more to no-one in particular; he'd been promised by a friend of a friend of a friend that it was an artifact of the legions of Chaos, a bauble that could obfuscate the Guardian's gaze and allow them to go about their business, whatever that business might be. "Give us free reign of a city of patsies, right?" Mox Nine had something of a reputation for being more tolerant of their kind than fanatical cities such as Stormwind or Orgrimmar; now it was time to take that trust and abuse the hell out of it.

Pun possibly intended.

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551064

File: 1544321101847.jpg (563.38 KB, 1920x816, JadePalaceSky.jpg)

>>41551062

>The older master doesn't balk at Sherry's appraisal, he merely shook his head apologetically.


I'm sorry Miss, while I would be honoured to serve as your bodyguard, as an instructor, I am currently not able to take requests.

>He slid aside to point at the gigantic doors leading into the building itself, large and imposing and towering over the courtyard grounds.


However, you would be most welcome to seek out some of our students who are currently able to take on your request. Please go through the main doors, and speak to one of our members inside. Outline your request in full, and we will be able to point you in the direction of a class of students most eligible to take the request, before we enquire further as to your eligibility.

I do hope it all goes well.

>With that, he bowed once again, and walked back over to his class, which hurriedly began going through the exercises once more, all trying valiantly to pretend that they hadn't been staring at Sherry like an adolescent drunk on their first crush.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551067

File: 1544325829238.jpg (200.91 KB, 850x1063, __mata_hari_fate_grand_order_a…)

>>41551064
>Oh well, it seemed she couldn't hire him. Though that's fair, if he was a teacher here then he couldn't very well abandon his students or lessons.

Thank you sir, I'll head right over!

>And thus she was on the move again, to serve as a walking distraction for more people within the temple itself. Her mind was racing with what type of person should hire. Would it be one of those blind monks who shoot lasers from their hands, one who's mastered a thousand weapons, or maybe one who can do the legendary one inch punch?!


>Or perhaps she'd read too many books on the way here and let her imagination get carried away. Regardless! She will find out soon enough, as she pushed open the main doors and walk inside.


Hello? I was told I could make a request of a bodyguard in here?

GaleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551068

File: 1544326614529.jpg (116.63 KB, 1280x1380, Gale.jpg)

>>41551063
>Greed.
>Greed was a driving force in this world, and any other. It could drive men to kill, it could drive kingdoms to ruin, and it could drive the world to disaster. How fortunate then, that in this case greed had driven two immortals to something far more noble, and far more destructive... Love. Stepping through the same rent in reality, the lightning rimming the edge went from red to a brilliant blue as the sultry form of a winged genasi stepped through. Wind whipped through the alley, electricity arcing between her horns as she stepped into place behind the red horned gentlemen. A black and svelte jacket was about the only hiding her modesty, and she seemed gleeful to be in a place that wasn't floating islands and roiling storms.
"Seems we made it sugar. Let's hope this plane's songbird hasn't flown his coop~"
>She said, strutting forward as she took in the warm desert sun. A marked decrease in temperature, all things told.

Azma!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551069

File: 1544329751483.png (5.96 MB, 1250x1249, 451922_syringes_d-d-character-…)

>>41551068

Azma wasn't fond of going by his real name, frankly. It sounded silly and had far too many consonants in it and wasn't nearly as easy to make witty ice-breaking puns with. And so he did with it what he did with everything else about himself: he masked it. He put it behind a layer of subterfuge and parlor tricks and deflected attention from it.

As it turned out, that was easy to do when you were part changeling, part incubus, and had enough magic power in you to make an entire room take part in an impromptu masquerade ball with the lights off if you could get a little room to concentrate and were willing to deal with the mana hangover the next day.

He usually wasn't willing to deal with it.

"Here's hoping," he grinned at his partner in crime, fangs briefly glinting in the desert sun as he did so. "And if he has, probably not anything a quick shadowstep can't fix."

He pursed his lips after a brief pause. "Also if he has, that guy in the bazaar probably owes a bounty being put out on him." He leaned his weight back on one heel and used the momentum to lazily pivot to face Gale, toothy smile returning and hands spread to either side in a plaintive shrug. "So, two options: either we find a mark now to start making our scratch after Medivh bows up to us to kill the guy what screwed us, or... we find a mark to celebrate getting away with it."

How did his fang glint like that?

"Sound like a plan, sugarplum?"

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551070

File: 1544330518846.jpg (383.27 KB, 1920x816, HallOfWarriors.jpg)

>>41551067

>One of the other attendants noticed Sherry as she came in, coming over to hash out the details of her request. Of course, just as she was before, the foyer of the temple seemed to grind to a halt as everyone stared at the Dancer's ample...talents.


>Sherry would be lead up many flight of stairs, and from one room to the next. Filling out her request formally in paper, the nature of what she was asking and the length of time, before she was lead into a room with a much older man looking at her cryptically. The silence would ring out for a long time in the room they were in until he nodded at the attendant that came in with her, thanked her for her time and allowed her to leave.


>Lastly and finally, the attendant lead her down a longer corridor, leading to a room at the end of it as she turned to talk to Sherry absently while they came along.


Sorry about all the fuss, we have to be sure about a great many things before any request is carried out, but since you've been approved by one of our elders, then we'll be able to cut right to the heart of the matter!

>She pushed open the doors to the class, and Sherry would be greeted with a similar sight to what she'd seen in the courtyard with the students practising their craft. It was deathly quiet here, not even the faintest sound of muttering or talking amongst themselves from the students, though there was a lull in their activity, as they all halted their actions, more than a few staring bluntly at the dancer. The attendant bowed low to the teacher.


I apologise, Master Kinok. This young lady here is looking to take out an extended request for a bodyguard position, and I was made aware of your class being on. May she have a look?

>The Master bowed his head in response, a warm smile crossing his face as he turned to Sherry.


Of course not, we're most welcome of your patronage! Class, cease with your katas at the moment, and please refrain from staring at our guest!

>He chuckled, his class echoing that with a touch more embarrassment, while they returned to a more relaxed posture, some chattering amongst themselves, most trying to covertly stare at Sherry. The attendant smiled respectfully back at their guest.


Please feel free to go and talk to the students, see which suits you best.

>Tall, short, martial arts uniforms of varying colours and shapes, all very very muscled. The men and women that stood in varying levels of ease waited with baited breath, to see which one of them the pretty newcomer would find interest in, and wherever that may lead...

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551079

File: 1544380692167.png (454.81 KB, 1280x985, tumblr_p7rhgga0hJ1qk51owo1_128…)

>>41551070
>Sherry took the whole process in stride. The novelty of the experience and the beautiful architecture around her made up for the paper work and such

Oh no it's fine, I understand that you have to be thorough.

>Entering the class and looking around at all the students she had the pick of, Sherry's hand come up to her chin as she pondered on who she should talk to first. They all looked so interesting and strong, any one of them could do the job well. It seems that it'll all be up to who she resonated with the best...


Hmmmm. . . Well, when it doubt... go with luck.

>Sherry placed the palm of her hand over her eyes, spun around twice and them pointed her free hand out in front of her in random directions.


Eenie meenie miney... you!

>She removed her hand from blocking her eyes to see who she was pointing at.

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551080

File: 1544386057723.png (480.75 KB, 606x489, Confused.png)

>>41551079

>Eenie meenie miney, you!


>And what greeted Sherry's gaze was a man. This might already have been a misstep.


>Specifically, a tall man, not quite as heavily muscled as the Master she had seen before, nor as lean as the one teaching the class today. His build wasn't uncommon among the other students, but his uniform certainly was. Bright orange, compared to the whites, blacks and other muted shades of his classmates.


>It seemed to take him a while to realise he was being pointed at, the man looking left, and then right at the nearby students, before finally leaning forward slightly and pointing at himself dumbly


...Me?

>The rest of the class grumbled and groaned as Sherry had made her choice, sighs of disappointment and muttered grousing among classmates echoed out in the room, while her lucky pick merely blinked in surprise, shock having taken the place of his previously mesmerised face.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551082

File: 1544389994892.jpg (495.01 KB, 1200x963, 62378369_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41551080
Yes you!

>Sherry strides up to the man and inspects him carefully from all angles, walking around him as she "hmmmm"ed and "aaaah"ed at the young man. While she does so, she starts asking him questions.


So, have you ever on bodyguard work before? Do you know what it entails?

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551085

File: 1544391765572.png (231.17 KB, 418x767, Bodyshot.png)

>>41551082

>He immediately straightened up, allowing Sherry to take a closer look as she walked around. From every angle, he certainly looked like a martial artist, if one garishly dressed. He also answered her questions with the practised ease of one used to enquiries.


Uh, yes ma'am. Never on an extended request, but I have served as a short term member of a guarding detail before for merchants on the mainland in caravans. Typically I was to remain on horseback at a distance, survey the area for possible threats, and eliminate any who would seek to pillage the cargo.

>Clinical, clear cut. The man recited off his experiences with familiarity, though his eyes still flitted about the room with nervousness, occasionally alighting on Sherry herself whenever she came around his front again. For someone as trained to attract the gaze as she was, it'd be all too easy to see exactly where his nervous eyes were going, though only for a few seconds at a time before he went back to staring as straight as he could.


...I believe my combat experience and capabilities will be more than adequate to guard you.

>Soft spoken, but determined. There was an iron in those words that didn't bend, even under scrutiny. He stood tall and proud, even against the jealous stares of his classmates, and some reproachful looks from some of the elders. Even despite his nerves, the iron would not melt, even under the heat of a woman such as her.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551088

>>41551085
Very good very good...

>He was too the point and professional, some glaces at her but not outright gawking, which was fair.


Though under my employment I imagine the most common thing you'll have to deal with is drunken men who want to get too close to me. It comes with the territory for a lady of my profession so having someone... imposing. Not many of the patrons will push the issue when up against someone like you between the floor and the stage.

Aside from that, it's all the common hazards of travelling with a beautiful young woman apply!

>...was she talking about bandits and monsters or something else regarding "hazards."

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551091

File: 1544396129912.png (302.06 KB, 427x490, Disturbed.png)

>>41551088

>...What did that mean?


>His gaze faltered in confusion as he tried to figure out what precisely she meant by 'hazards.' Attacks on the road, the same drunkards she'd mentioned? Or did that mean more particular to travelling with a beautiful woman? Would they be sharing a room? Did she sleep naked? Did that mean that she was likely to do untoward things to him and he'd be powerless to resist?!


...I can handle any hazards or drunkards that you could think of, ma'am.

>He responded almost a little too fast after Sherry spoke of the 'hazards' that might befall him, to the sounds of more grumbled disapproval. Aside from his...active imagination, it seemed like nothing less than he could handle, to act as a strong body between the crowd and the dancer, and to keep the handsier members at bay. Yeah, he could do that, he could do that easily.


I'd be honoured to accompany you, if you'd have me, ma'am.

>He bowed his head low to Sherry, eyes unwittingly but not unhappily drawn along her exposed legs until he was looking down at the floor. He would be fine with it, no drunkard could beat him, no bandit could outfight him!


>...And any other hazard, he was far too curious to see...

GaleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551100

File: 1544409650905.jpg (552.42 KB, 600x800, Bless this chest.jpg)

>>41551069
>Gale was far too happy to think of anything but the positives. She was here, she was out of that Mirran hive city, and she had a city full of wonderful, shiny things to take! Wrapping him up in a hug, she spun him around, and around, only to let him go so that she was in front now. This way she could stride out of the dark alleyway and bask in the sun!
>There was only one on this plane, how neat!
>Turning back to look at the love of her life, she smiled, and nodded.
"Perhaps, yes. But getting away from the stinking hole of mana burn so we're not followed would help? No offense love, but we both stink like ozone."
>She said, before waltzing back into the street, her tail the last thing to turn the corner, beckoning him as it did.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551115

File: 1544445503713.jpg (191.35 KB, 768x768, 67449545_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41551091
>Sherry stayed quite for a few moments as she seemed to finalise her thoughts on her selection. Yep, he'd be perfect, plus their outfits matched!

Then you're hired!

>With a bright smile on her face, she holds out her hand to him.


I'm Sherry Palomino, I just know this will be the start of a wonderful partnership~!

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551118

File: 1544482370871.jpg (89.64 KB, 649x636, Ohdear.jpg)

>>41551115

...Castell. Castell Rayaki.

>The monk reached out and warmly shook her hand, face changing from that of nervousness to a hearty mixture of relief and gratitude. The echoed disappointed groan this time couldn't be drowned out, accompanied by the chuckles of the class's teacher.


...I'm sure it will be. Forgive me for just one moment, I need to discuss with my teacher.

>Castell abruptly turned on his heel and walked back over to his master. Not that Sherry could see it, but once he'd turned around from her, the relieved smile had abruptly shifted into the widest smile that anybody could have ever hoped to make. The jealous stares of his classmates washed off of him like waves crashing against the smuggest beach imaginable until he got to his teacher. They exchanged some hushed talks, before the master patted him on the back, and handed him some scrolls, which Castell tucked underneath his arm.


>As Castell rejoined with Sherry, he bowed his head to her respectfully, face back to business.


Once I have packed some of my belongings, we will be free to depart whenever you so choose, ma'am.

>This brought another collection of mutterings and murmurs, though this time, with a shit eating grin of his own, the Master spoke up from his position.


Be mindful of your temper and your spirit, Rayaki. Try not to look too excited, hm?

>Castell at least had the good grace to flinch at the call out and look suitably embarrassed, his eyes broke from Sherry and he looked to the side, blushing profusely.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551133

>>41551118
>Castell! What a wonderful name! Though... what did his teacher mean by "Try not to look too excited"? Certainly going out into the world was an exciting thing right?

Okay! Once you're done we can head down into town! I set myself up with a performance at the local inn tonight so hopefully we'll bolster our travel funds!

>good think she set it up to be later in the night, going back down all those stairs was gonna make her legs tried again...

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551140

File: 1544564749678.jpg (106.24 KB, 681x638, NICE!.jpg)

>>41551133

>...That was probably for the best. Bringing her back to his quarters might have been awkward for him and for his dorm-mates. Instead of protesting it, Castell nodded calmly, and set off away from the training room.


>Once out though, it was hard for him to keep from punching the air. Not *only* had he been allowed to go out and see more of the world again, away from everyone else, away from the stuffy classrooms and structured lessons, he was being accompanied by what had to be the sexiest woman he'd ever laid eyes on. The scrolls he'd been given, even the bodyguard work he'd been informed he'd be doing felt trivial and meaningless compared to the reality of being the travelling companion of one so beautiful.


>It was an extended request too. That meant there was no strict time limit on how long he'd be out! He had all the time in the world to get to know her, watch her...'ply her trade' as it were for nothing at all, and all he had to do was beat up a few drunks every now and again? It seemed too good to be true.


>While Castell managed to refrain from whooping with joy, he did still allow himself a wide smile. For however long it took, whatever she needed of him during their partnership, he was free. And nothing could take that away from him. So he would enjoy it to it's damned fullest. Ogling the beautiful dancer, eating good food, breaking the face of anybody who tried anything.


>He had the world to enjoy again.

Azma!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551151

File: 1544582059559.jpg (19.65 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg)

>>41551100

Like he needed that tail to tell him where to go. The halfblood incubus set off in pursuit, taking advantage of either some natural gift as a Planeswalker, some portion of his demonic blood's proclivity to not drawing attention to itself, or some combination of those factors... hell, maybe it was none of those factors. Demons loved their secrets, and they loved power even more: the more those two overlapped, the better. Every step that should have carried him one stride instead carried him seven, the red outline practically blurring through the alleyway in defiance of natural law. Once he had joined Gale in the sunlight he turned her direction without skipping a beat, pivoting on one foot and clicking his heels together to once again take his place amongst the peasantry that had to take their steps one at a time. "So," he mused, drawing up alongside her and taking the furtive sidelong glances of a grifter sizing up new territory. "Looks fancy enough, probably need to look like we're easy enough marks to get a feel for how fast someone tries to pickpocket us; once they do, drag em into an alley, get some contacts, find out what sorta security detail they have here..."

Whatever the next phase of his plan was would have to wait. Azma's sentence trailed off as he spotted something in the distance, his amber-yellow eyes narrowing as he did his best to make out the insignificant black speck that had somehow caught his attention.

It had been a million to one chance of spotting it, and Azma had been doing this long enough to not believe in chances. Things happened for a reason, as much as he hated the religious baggage the phrase usually carried with it.

"Definitely a waste of our money," he sighed, tossing the bauble in his hand to the ground and watching it clatter across the cobblestones. "Probably a shitty idea to try to pull the wool over the Guardian's eyes anyway." He glanced over to her; he didn't look worried, per se, but the fact he lacked even a hint of a smirk was probably as much of a tell as she would need that he was busy figuring out what their odds were of getting out of this with their freedom... or their lives. "Think we can run for it?"

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551152

File: 1544583552905.jpg (5.63 KB, 91x83, ara ara.jpg)

>>41551140
>Thus another long trip down all those steps. Back aaaaaaaalll the way down into the town below. Well at least the trip down wasn't as hard.

Phew... It must have been a pain to get building materials for the temple all the way up there huh...?

>But they still had day light to burn so Sherry decided to indulge in her favourite pass time; Shopping.


So Castell when I arrived here, I basically went straight to your temple. Do you know where the shops are? We still have some hours before we should head to the Inn.

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551177

File: 1544643390579.png (397.88 KB, 728x488, Ifthisbitchdon'tshutthefuckup.…)

>>41551152

>The walk down the stairway was looong...But easier for certain. Of course, Castell didn't seem bothered by it in the slightest, even carrying a small bag containing his personal effects and a few changes of clothes. The new scrolls he'd received poked out of the top and shook with every step downhill he made.


>Castell had gone back to professional, walking alongside Sherry calmly and quietly as the pair moved away from the temples. Castell had said few goodbyes, opting to leave as soon as possible instead. It was only when he'd been addressed that he spoke up again, a hand tapping thoughtfully against his chin.


I can certainly lead you there as quickly as I can, ma'am.

It's something of a walk, but worth the wait, I can assure you.

>Castell peered down the walkway, which ended in a bustling town. The sound of life and movement was almost audible from their lofty positions. Voehn was as close as Kuka got to a capital, and it was certainly large enough to be considered as such on the island, but Castell knew it well enough from the long hours he'd spent walking through it whenever he had free time...


May I ask what tempts you about our fair island's merchants?

>He'd often heard compliments about the food, but the shops themselves? What could she be after?

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551180

>>41551177
Oh, just some essentials I forget to pack before I left Kul Tiras. I was in such a rush you see... and clumsy me, I always forget to bring something! A Bedroll, some equipment to cook food, bath soaps, stuff to make coffee...

>Really, she'd been lucky that she wasn't forced to sleep on the cold hard ground some nights, but now she had the chance to correct that mistake!


Pluuuuuus some souvenirs wouldn't be bad either. Oh! And I heard from some travellers that someone in the area sells this snake oil that's suppose to be really good for you skin...

>Sherry continues to list off items of interest that increasingly sound like outright scams that she's heard from random people...

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551184

File: 1544674010417.png (302.06 KB, 427x490, Disturbed.png)

>>41551180

>...She wasn't very used to travelling, was she?


>It wasn't a good start, Castell's expression fell somewhat at the knowledge that she hadn't packed a bedroll...Or any cooking equipment. Coffee beans though, soaps plural? That had never been common whenever he'd left, just the essentials of what they needed, what would all that be for?!


>Souvenirs were standard, but at the mention of 'snake oil' Castell went even paler than he usually looked. A strangled cry escaped his lips and an internal struggle played out on his face. He was only a bodyguard. He was only here to protect her from thugs, nothing more. He was planning on enjoying the sight of her yes, but that was only human! He was a professional, expected to act professionally.


>...But still. Could he really stand and watch her waste her money on tourist traps? Sure, she was a tourist, but still! Castell's face turned into a pained but polite smile.


I-I'm sure that a souvenir or two of your visit here will be easy to get...But you shouldn't believe everything you hear! Not all of our merchants are...reputable, as much as it pains me to admit!

>He laughed nervously, praying to all the known deities that she would listen to him as a native and not go chasing for whatever scented water in a bottle she'd heard about being hocked on the marketplace...!

GaleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551190

File: 1544682638780.jpg (102.83 KB, 610x800, I didn't steal this!.jpg)

>>41551151
>Gale looked up at the Raven, and her heart sank into her gut. She let out a panicked breath, looking for ways to escape. She herself could simply touch one of the gaslamps of Mox Nine; She herself was a shard of the storm, wind and lightning made flesh. She could return to it just as easily, and be across the city in no time, escaping as an invisible breeze...
"I could escape love. But I won't. I wouldn't leave you to him alone... But perhaps we should take this somewhere other than the middle of the street?"
>She said, a burst of wind ruffling Azma's hair as she disappeared in a flap of wings. Medivh would be greeted with a demon rising from the ground to meet him, the blue skinned Genasi giving him a winning smile as she gestured to one of the rooftop gardens in the city. Perhaps meeting amiably would sway him! Flying down to one of the lounges there, she waited to meet him.
>It wasn't her lounge of course, but it was the thought that counted!

Azma & Medivh!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551201

File: 1544703689731.jpg (122.28 KB, 1027x1544, k0svnbir6t1z.jpg)

>>41551190

"I know you wouldn't," the tiefling replied to his partner in and out of crime, letting a little bit of that smirk return as they gauged their situation. "You need a warm body between the two of you to get enough distance away if it goes sour," he teased, though most of his attention was focused on locating escape routes, admittedly. "I don't really see anywhere else other than the middle of the stree-- aaaaaand she's gone." Azma sighed, watching her soar upward and then towards one of the gardens on the surrounding rooftops. "That girl..." Seeing that the raven was heading the same direction, however, he didn't waste any time in darting across the street and beginning to ascend the building with one preternaturally-high leap to a protruding handhold after another.

Gale would have just enough time to settle in before their hunter arrived. The raven beat its wings to slow its descent to the roof before it disappeared in a swirl of feathers and inky black illusory magic; the figure that emerged was undoubtedly the Guardian. Gale didn't need the Planeswalker spark herself to feel the magic potential that practically spilled from the human in front of her, blue-purple wafts of it almost visibly spilling from his eyes as he regarded the intruder to his home realm. One arm remained hidden beneath the feather-lined black cloak that was draped over his head and body, but the other was outstretched to hold the staff that was his badge of office: Atiesh, the Staff of the Guardian, a simple wooden stave save for the painstakingly carved raven that sat atop it.

Stories of his presence had not done Medivh justice.

"I am a patient man," he began in a quiet baritone, though he remained right where he was for now, his hand on Atiesh and his eyes on Gale. "That does not mean I am lax in my duties, Genasi. You and your friend," he said, pausing just long enough to glance at the tiefling nimbly pulling himself up and over the lip of the balcony, "will explain your purpose in this realm, and if I deem it is to cause harm to the people of Sylvestrun, rest assured I will not hesitate in sending you both back to the Burning Hells." He narrowed his eyes. "And visitors from your realm rarely seek anything else. So speak, and speak quickly."

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551209

>>41551184
Really? But everyone seems so nice around here...

>She seemed a little saddened by that. How could someone not be reputable? Were there really people who sold bad things? Well even if that's true...


But if you say so... then you can point me to the right ones right? Now then...

>Her mind once again wanders off


What pattern should I get for my bedroll? Pink floral patterns or maybe one of those fancy new inflatable ones...

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551213

File: 1544737009654.jpg (266.74 KB, 1040x563, ValleyVillage.jpg)

>>41551209

>Castell breathed a welcome sigh of relief. At the very least, she would listen to him for now, and that meant she wouldn't be buying any useless crap! Little victories Castell, take the little victories.


>Not that the little victory lasted for long before his charge vacated this world and went back off to the plane of absent thoughts. Castell sagged, praying that she wasn't paying enough attention to notice the pained look on his face. Apparently he shouldn't have felt nearly as lucky as he did when he was picked by the charming dancer. His classmates would probably be laughing if they saw him now...


>As they finally got back into Voehn, the town was bustling with activity, as it usually was. The smell of food of all kinds permeated the air, people moved to and fro with practised ease, dodging around the other citizens as though it were second nature. Sherry would have passed through it on the way in, but it was no less active now than it had been before, maybe it was even more so. Castell seemed entirely used to it however, as he cleared his throat to attract Sherry's attention.


If you're looking for the merchant district, ma'am, then it would be diagonal from where we are now to the right. I've no doubt that you'll be able to find...some form of bedroll from one of the shops nearby. If push comes to shove, many things can appear at our markets if you're very lucky.

>It should be a short trip. He of course was packed already with his travelling gear, but as long as Castell made sure that she only stuck to what was necessary, then his client shouldn't cause too much grief...Right?

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551214

File: 1544756303842.png (76.52 KB, 256x243, excited.png)

>>41551213
>Though she'd been though the bustling town already, Sherry couldn't help be feel inspired by it's beauty once again. A warm smile blooms on her face as Castell points her in the right direction.

Well, my mother did say I was born under a lucky star, so if it holds then we'll find something rare at a very good price!

>Her excitement caused her to made for the merchant district, post haste! She weaved and ducked around people quickly to get to her destination... no, she was dancing around them with amazing flair. Spins, leaps, twirls, hips swaying side to side, all fluid moments to weave around the people she passed by, her energy contagious as she turned heads and got more then a few people to gawk at her, and her fluid moments too, on her way to the merchant's district.

GaleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551216

File: 1544758698966.jpg (394.9 KB, 830x1200, Welcome all my friends~.jpg)

>>41551201
>She gave the guardian a polite smile and a curtsy as he revealed himself, crossing one leg over the other as she seated herself.
"You're hardly patient if you rushed over to meet two newcomers so eagerly~ I do apologize for arriving unannounced Medivh. We were being pursued, and didn't have much time for forwarning. Rest assured, we mean the people of this realm no harm, unless they wish it to us."
>She said, perfectly reasonably. She was, after all, a Genasi. She didn't hail from the burning hells anymore than Medivh did... she just happened to have arrived from there.
"If you have any questions, feel free to ask. My name is Gale, and it is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, O' Guardian."

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551217

File: 1544759118143.jpg (59.27 KB, 750x394, yeahthataintwhatturalyonlooksl…)

Stormwind.

The bastion of civilization that has stood tall and proud for decades now. Gone were its lowly days rebuilding in the wake of the First War of Orcs and Humans. While Lordaeron had fought, squabbled, and eventually fell, Stormwind grew under the watchful gaze of Varian Wrynn. Even now, He Who Sits On The Throne shepherds his people into a brighter future. And Stormwind is to be the vessel that the Alliance sails into that bright, new dawn.

Stormwind itself is, as always, filled to burst with life. Every district, every street, every storefront and building has all manner of people packing it to the gills. Humans, dwarves, elves, gnomes, draenei, and more are thriving within the ivory metropolis that is the Alliance capital. Bells from the majestic Cathedral district toll out, the canals connecting the eight districts are abuzz with the yells of vendors hawking their wares, and the harbor is busy as it always was with ships from all ports coming to dock. Not to mention the nonstop air traffic with gryphon riders patrolling the skies as the mighty Legionaries marched below. And dominating it all is the golden beacon shining from the top of Stormwind Keep.

Old Town, specifically, is a district so called because much of the buildings are ancient and predate the city's reconstruction after the First War. It is home to many of the locals of Stormwind and travelers who prefer its rustic charm compared to the hustle and bustle of the Trade and Harbor districts. It is here, built into the wooden side of a centuries-old building, that the Pig and Whistle Tavern stands. The "Pig n' Whistle" had always been slightly less popular than the other inns and pubs throughout the great city. It is, however, open day and night as most inns within the city have to be to stay competitive. And this evening the tavern seemed more lively than usual.

It probably has something to do with the night's highly-advertised discount and subsequent impromptu drinking contest.
Which, surprisingly, was won by a waifish sandy-blonde woman and not the surly dwarf belching obscenities that was now happily snoozing away in the corner.

also I'm back, bitches
This post was edited by its author on .

Azma & Medivh!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551218

File: 1544760955301.jpg (165.23 KB, 714x1000, ML4DSay.jpg)

>>41551216

The time Medivh took to narrow his eyes a further imperceptibly small amount was all the window Azma needed to stride across the rooftop, walking around the carved whitewashed garden bench Gale had taken a liking to and leaning against it, his arms crossed nonchalantly over her shoulder. "Being pursued from one realm into another raises enough questions in of itself, but I'm sure you're aware of that," Medivh finally answered, though he didn't move from his spot on the terrace. "If what you say is true, then let me ask you this: what is your purpose here?"

If the pleasure was all his at learning her name, then he didn't say as much.

"Our purpose here?" Azma repeated, spiking the Guardian's serve to give Gale time to return the metaphorical volley. "It's simple enough: we have the spark, and Sylvestrun is a neighboring plane. We didn't damn our immortal souls to join up with the Burning Legion and join the next Black Crusade on the place, and we didn't try to run or fight back when you showed up, let alone hide from you, so what reason do we have to be anything but forthcoming?"

Never mind the fact they had tried one of those and had earnestly considered another two. That was on a need-to-know basis. He grinned a little wider.

"We're tourists, Guardian. We just took a route that not many people would know... save yourself, I suppose."

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551219

File: 1544762139948.png (642.27 KB, 712x1079, admiring my handiwork.png)

>>41551217
>Said Sandy blonde woman wasn't the only one that night making a killing. It wasn't often you saw some fopish looking noble to come in and school the mercs there in five finger fillet, but the rapid thuds of knife hitting table echoed throughout the bar. The man was a rogue in every sense of the word... From the way he talked up his opponents, to the way he handled a knife, to the way he drank less than the people he was scamming, to the fine, likely stolen clothes he wore... The only thing that might tip off the sandy haired woman would be the fact that the stranger's eyes were solid silver, and the way the gold he scooped into his pouch never seemed to bulge it out...
"Anyone else who thinks they've got defter fingers? Anyone else here with any fingers left?!"
>He challenged the bar, before downing a bottle of something hoppy tasting.

GaleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551232

File: 1544831262804.jpg (11.95 KB, 248x203, I'm with it, I'm hip.jpg)

>>41551218
>Gale was quick to agree. While her counterpart Azma was a creature of greed and desire and a lust for power, she was more a creature of flighting fancy and pursuit of beauty. Where he'd come to take and hoard power... she'd come to collect shiny, pretty things.
"We're here in Mox Nine to sample the local ingenuity, the fashion, the art and craft and soul of the city! We're socialites, Medivh... Come on, you've got to know something like that, hmmm? I know what you used to get up to in Karazhan."
>She said, giving him a knowing glance. He knew when he was looking at a planeswalkers spark, a literal piece of godhood wrested out of the universal aetherium and put into mortal flesh. He might of snapped off a larger piece than the two of them here, but if they'd wanted to cause trouble, they could have already done so.
"Come on. We'll keep our thumbs out of any important pies, promise."

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551233

File: 1544831697387.jpg (848.7 KB, 1506x800, 378222.jpg)

>>41551214

But, I thought we were just-

>This time, Castell hadn't quite been able to hold his tongue, but fortunately for his mistake, Sherry hadn't decided to stick around long enough to hear it. She was off, making her way through the throng of people without a second to spare, and no movement to waste. It was like she'd lived here all her life, moving between people like it was second nature, like they were just things for her to dance around.


>And dance she did. Castell stared, openly gawking at the sight of her. Spinning to and fro fluidly, drawing the gazes and admiring stares of many other a passerby to those swaying hips and graceful steps. It was only when Castell realised that he'd been staring for long enough for Sherry to practically get away from him that he shook his head free of her spell and followed on afterwards. Fortunately her movement had cleared a path in her wake of the admiring crowd stopping to stare.


>As Sherry danced her way over to the marketplace, she'd find no smaller a thriving hub of people. The noise was louder here, barkers left and right making noise for fish, necklaces, bread, fruit anything you could think of to buy for tourists and natives alike. If there was anything that Voehn was known for other than the temples, it would definitely be this vast marketplace.


>At first glance, there doesn't seem to be any kind of bedroll stand on the market itself, but while the market was the biggest and most obvious place to buy anything, there were shops lining the area itself, some hidden back alleys where there was more stuff to find. You could find almost anything here...If you looked for long enough and in the right spot.

Azma & Medivh!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551244

File: 1544847020701.jpg (113.48 KB, 760x1050, medivh_by_choops91-d8x76h5.png)

>>41551232

Medivh, strangely enough, didn't look like he believed either of them. He remained stone-faced through both alibis, only shifting to look from one outworlder to another as they wove their defense. Seeing that Gale had nudged them in the right direction but they still teetered on the knife's edge, Azma went for that last push that would hopefully be all they needed. "We could've made a mess of this entire city block before you even touched down, but instead of that, we agreed to a sit-down with you." He stood back up, spreading his hands plaintively, even if none of that humility showed on his face. "If you still don't believe us, then what's stopping you from making good on your threat and leaving the Little Lion in Stormwind to explain to Mox Nine's leadership why his most trusted adviser and the Guardian of the Realm came to the middle of their city, cast a few killing spells on unknown individuals, and promptly left?" His grin widened. "We certainly can't stop you, Guardian, from doing whatever you want, but can the Alliance really afford more scrutiny while He Who Sits On the Throne remains silent?"

Rule number one with humans was that if seduction or offering the path of least resistance didn't work, blackmail would most likely suffice.

The Guardian regarded them impassively for several long seconds. "Very well," he finally said carefully, those mana-rich eyes still boring into the couple of infernal miscreants. "I will permit you passage on this plane; be warned, however, that you are being watched, and should either of you prove to be lying to me, then nothing short of the Aurelian leading another of his damned Black Crusades from the tomb of the Mad Titan itself will stop me from finding you and sundering you so utterly that Asmodeus' flesh pits would not use your cursed essence in the reconstitution of a single imp." Such was the power put into the threat that even Azma quailed from making a flippant remark in the face it.

For a few seconds, anyway.

"From your lips to Light's ears," the demon half-smiled.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551254

File: 1544908333816.jpg (420.08 KB, 730x1200, 53813151_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41551233
>Sherry paused her dancing advance only to take in the sight and consider her next move. Now where would be a place to get good essentials...?

Hmmmm...

>She needed a better vantage point! That lam post will do! Sherry leaps up to the pole and grips it with one hand and her thighs, using her free hand to block light from the sun so she could see the market better from her new perspective.


Food, pottery, books... where is the camping gear..?

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551301

File: 1544962522032.png (394.63 KB, 554x490, Crap.png)

>>41551254

>And so Sherry climbed in the most provocative and attention grabbing way possible. If the people passing by hadn't been gawking before, they sure were now. Sherry wouldn't be able to ignore the eyes fixated on her as she gripped the pole tightly, roaming her body and being as unsubtle as humanly possible as to what they were thinking about.


>But her vantage point would serve her better, as she'd be able to see a small shop tucked away on the side for adventuring gear. Maybe not the market stall she was hoping for and it was a little bit out of the way, but the big sign saying "Adventurers Welcome" definitely gave the right idea.


>While she had been spying, Castell had managed to catch up to her. The path she'd left in her wake had closed up before long to make way for the bustle of business, and he'd only just managed to get through. Not that he had long to try and find her, as half naked women gripping a lamp post tightly with only her thighs and a hand for grip tended to stand out. Once again, Castell found his jaw dropping as he joined the people that were staring so intently at this shameless woman. All that he'd worried about before in regards to her spacey nature vanished in favour of gawking at her talents on display and the reminder that this is why he had been happy to tag along.


>...But all good things must come to an end. After Castell had committed the sight to memory, he walked up to the post Sherry clung to and cleared his throat.


Ma'am? Might I ask...what you're doing?

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551319

File: 1545018785091.jpg (191.35 KB, 768x768, 67449545_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41551301
>Sherry was well aware of the people looking t her but didn't pay it much mind. She looked at as... 'advertisement' for her performance at the inn later. They'll come to see dance for real there and bring a healthy amount of gold in the process! ...Or at least that's what her teachers had always taught her and they wouldn't be teachers if they didn't know what they were doing, right?

>Castell's question caught her attention and she looked down at him with a smile on her face.


Taking a look around silly! I had to gain some height of I want to see past the crowd right? Aaaand I found what I was looking for too!

>It was then that she loosened her grip on the pole she was holding onto and her body slowly spun around it as she slid down back to street level. Back on solid ground, she points in the direction of the big sign she saw.


A big sign welcoming adventurers! Surely they'll have what I need there!
This post was edited by its author on .

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551323

File: 1545020707835.png (1.37 MB, 1254x887, Would you hit a face this pret…)

>>41551244
>Gale was silent for a few seconds, the look on her face drooping. Azma would get a good look at that face. The warm, welcoming smile turning to one of cold, contemptuous hate. Gale was a friendly, earnest, honest person! Sure, her idea of "ownership" ended at "if I want it I should have it." But kleptomania aside, she was a bright, bubbly, positive ray of sunshine.
>Until you threw back every effort of hers to be nice, which the guardian had most thoroughly done. Scorning her attempt to smooth the situation, she let out a derisive sniff.
"Well then, thank you for the warm welcome, feather duster. We promise, we'll be on our very best behavior. Now, if you'll excuse us, we're off to seek the presence of people whose company is actually enjoyable, not a miserable raven headed bully."
>She said, full of wounded pride and hurt feelings. They were brave words, but she knew if she didn't threaten the realm, by his own laws he had no reason to harm her. If he was a somewhat honorable man, he'd have to abide by that code of honor at a bare minimum.
>Confident in her armor by social contract, she got up and strode past him, not giving him the courtesy of eye contact on the way through.

Azma & Medivh!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551356

File: 1545102248488.jpg (23.25 KB, 300x381, this filename is here to tell …)

>>41551323

Azma Keymera had seemed completely zoned out for the last part of Medivh's threat; what made it even weirder, considering he was one half of the party being threatened with a place on an arcane skewer should they misbehave, was how he occasionally moved his lips while his eyes remained fixed on the Guardian, but received no attention for the behavior other than a sharp glance to confirm he wasn't trying to cast a spell on the fly. Whatever Medivh might have thought he was up to, he wasn't terribly concerned about it; the archmage was more focused on the increasingly more visibly upset genasi, leaving her tiefling counterpart to do... whatever it was he was up to.

"Then I am glad we understand each other," the Guardian said curtly as Gale brushed past him. He was a man of honor, and not just by necessity: the more steeped one was in the magic arts, the more one found oneself bound by one's word. It was a curious side effect, but not one well-studied; the reasons for it didn't concern Medivh at the moment. The two Planeswalkers would keep their word; if they didn't, he would keep his. It was as simple as that. He rapped Atiesh against the stone floor again, his business concluded and his raven form soaring back into the air above Mox Nine as he took his leave.

"Things to take care of back in Karazhan already, I suppose," Azma mused, watching the black corvid rapidly dwindle into a speck. He twirled his fingers as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, wisps of inky black beginning to furtively curl and trace between his fingers as he pursed his lips. "Wonder if he got the job cuz the stick's that far up his ass or if ramming it up there was part of taking the post." He had to admit, that last part had been a gamble: if Medivh had deduced what he was up to, then he probably would have turned him into a hellspawn smear right then and there. That was the important part, though: he hadn't figured it out. He was none the wiser on the tiefling being half-changeling, just as he was clueless on what the huckster's magical preferences were when it came to plying the powers of his Planeswalker spark. "Then again..." He paused as he lifted the hand to his face and bowed his head a bit as if to meet it; from his posture and how his fingers were splayed to stretch the drafting smokey magic thin, it looked like he was putting on a mask.

Probably because that was exactly what he was doing.

The inky blackness started rushing towards his visage as if being sucked in, quickly spreading and rushing over his body as the deep red took on the pale marble pallor of someone who'd spent their entire life indoors studying, strong jawline vanishing under a familiar beard and sly expression unable to be masked by the change to shimmering magenta eyes. "I suppose I'd be pissy at a pretty young thing like you too if I had to walk around looking like this waiting for the day Lorgar gets his chance to put me in the dirt," finished the thing doing a perfect impression of the Guardian from underneath a perfect mirror of the Guardian's face- minus the wide, mischievous smile, of course.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551378

File: 1545172981567.jpg (882.38 KB, 1920x1894, blep.jpg)

>>41551219
"Having fun, are we?"

>The voice came from a nearby table. It was songbird-esque in its timbre; it was light and melodic with a pinch of singsong. It also possessed the faintest hint of a Kul Tiran accent.

>Sitting there was the waifish sandy blonde. She propped up her head with her right hand, exposing the scar running down her left cheek. She addressed the fop with a toothy, canine-exposing grin. However, her attention seemed more focused on the bronze pocket watch she was lazily dangling inches off the table.

"Think I've heard quite a bit about you, my lord. You've been earning yourself quite the reputation in these parts. And I must admit, I'm intrigued."

>Her amber eyes finally flit away from the pocket watch to meet Baraquiel's.

>The look in her eyes... this woman was probably trouble.

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551427

File: 1545346777481.jpg (271.46 KB, 1600x852, 1422412095806.jpg)

>>41551319

>And she spun down with the grace and practised ease that a skilled dancer would have when manipulating a pole. The entire crowd caught their breath in their throat as they watched, Castell included, as she finally landed on solid ground and pointed in her direction. They started moving before long, hurriedly trying to pretend that they hadn't been staring as Sherry talked animatedly to her companion.


>Not that he was fairing much better. Castell was still struck by the performance. It was becoming harder and harder to take his eyes off of her, not that he particularly felt that he wanted or needed to...So instead, he cleared his throat, committing himself back to his guarding task. They were off for adventuring gear then!


...Of course, ma'am. Please, lead the way.

>Letting Sherry take point in the direction she'd indicated, Castell followed on swiftly afterwards, distantly wondering what she was planning on doing next to draw the crowd's attention to her.


>The shop itself, once they'd reached it, was fairly standard a place for adventuring gear. The walls covered in supplies, from loose fitting travel clothing, leather bound armour, weaponry, torches, juuust about anything you could find, ready and waiting on the walls. The shopkeep looked up from his position behind the counter, had a double take at Sherry's outfit before clearing his throat and smiled the patented Customer Service smile


"Welcome travellers! How may I help the pair of you today?"

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551465

File: 1545442322805.jpg (15.25 KB, 139x190, giving gift.jpg)

>>41551427
>Sherry's eyes lit up at the selection of goods lining the shelves. Oooh she was going to have a field day in here~

Hello good sir! I'm in the market for a few essentials I neglected to pack for a long venture.

>She scanned the walls for the first item on her list, a bedroll. Something durable, light, and most importantly; cute.


I see you got a few bedrolls up here and I was wondering, do they come in more... "styles"? Like maybe a cloudy sky pattern or something colourful like that?

>As she inquired about fashionable camping equipment, she continued her search of other things. A mess kit, a coffee pot and the ever elusive tins of ground coffee beans, aaand the ever important bath soaps! She might be roughing it a bit but cleanliness is important to a lady!

GaleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551468

>>41551356
>Gale watched her boyfriend put on the mask of a much younger, much happier Medivh, and she just sighed, frowning at her companion. Then she reached back and smacked the mask off him.
"Take that silly thing off. You look like an asshole."
>She said, before she set her eyes on the horizon, ignoring the beauty of Mox Nine. The unhappiness she'd been dealt here smothered all her interest in the city... Perhaps somewhere else. She'd heard of a place that was exciting, filled with treasures of a lost empire.
>Ravnica was nice this time of year.
>Smiling, she came back to kiss him on the cheek before hugging him.
"We should find a mapmaker. I think Mox Nine can get bent... Ravnica seems like a place we can tear up~ It's a much bigger city after all~"

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551469

File: 1545448401100.png (1.06 MB, 1920x1080, Deep thoughts.png)

>>41551378
>Diogo just smirked at that, looking her over as she sat. Crossing his arms behind his head and his legs over a chair, the smarmy looking Knight sunk his knife into the table to leave it standing straight up.
"I must admit you have me at a disadvantage miss. If I have a reputation you know about, I must have earned it in accident... but I know nothing about you~"
>The lecherous drunken smile on his face told Dakota everything she needed to know about how intrigued Diogo was.
"So, what can I do for you, Miss?"

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551480

>a brief oral history of Arcadia:

>over a century ago, a young woman whose name was forgotten by history was brought aboard a ship. she was a prostitute, trying to escape her life when she found the boat she was traveling on under attack, and herself captured by pirates. their captain, taken with her beauty, took her as his personal servant. but as the years wore on, the woman grew wiser and more hardened by life at sea, and something more began to form between her and the captain. and when the captain came to an abrupt and sudden end, he named her his heir.


>the captain’s men objected to this, declaring her weak and unfit to lead a crew of hardened outlaws. to establish her authority, the new captain issued a simple challenge; any man who could knock her from her feet would be named the captain’s heir in her stead. she was well-used to the need to incapacitate larger, ostensibly stronger men from her previous life, and that experience had only been built upon in her years of adventure with her former captain. one by one the challengers stepped up, and one by one they found their backs hitting the deck before they had time to realize what had happened, and the new captain stood unopposed.


>she wasted no time settling into her new role, turning her crew into a well oiled machine, plundering the coasts with flawless precision. as her crew became more skilled, they became more loyal as well, placing greater trust in her tactical judgment and skill in combat. as those bonds grew stronger, their outlaw exploits grew more daring and notorious by the day. it wasn’t long before they could bring the crew of any navy to their knees without even needing to draw blood. with each ship and new crew captured, the loyalty she inspired proved infectious. her growing fleet followed her every order without question; their captain’s skill, wits, and above all, unequaled luck routinely bringing them wealth beyond measure.


>as her influence grew, so did her legend. and with this, a new name seemed in order. the scared little working girl captured by scary pirates and fearing for her life was gone. she was someone greater now.


>Jan Xi, Pirate Queen.


>she was untouchable, an unstoppable menace to all coastal empires the world over. no navy could best her; in fact, they tended to just end up joining her. for decades, the superpowers of the world worked together, trying every plan they could think of to rid themselves of this ever growing thorn in their sides. try as they might, they couldn’t beat her strategy or martial skill. the only chance they had to best her was blind luck.


>it was a long, complicated series of blind chances aligning in just the right way that led Jan Xi to the gallows back in her homeland of Tao. the execution was swift and unceremonious, the government not wanting to glorify this criminal in her death, to show that she was no better than any common thief and would be treated just the same, regardless of her legend. the floor dropped and the rope snapped taut.


>but her eyes remained open. even now, the Pirate Queen would not die. she was cut from the noose and sentenced to be drowned instead. when the thrashing didn’t stop no longer how long she was held in the sea, she was thrown on a pyre. the flames danced around her, her clothes blackening in the heat, but her body wouldn’t burn. she claimed that she had beaten death.


>the axe came down fast, and her head rolled across the floor, still frozen in a defiant grin to the very end. and even then, her body began to move. the executioner panicked, and the corpse was dismembered into countless pieces, sealed in a stone coffin enchanted to seal away whatever dark magic might allow Jan Xi to still live, and cast into the deepest part of the sea.


>it was nearly ten years before a familiar ship sailed back into port flanked by countless others, easily numbering in the hundreds, with an even more familiar face standing proudly at the bow. Jan Xi announced that she would show mercy to the world that was powerless to stop her, and that she officially pardoned herself of all crimes the world over. she had proven her superiority over all authority both living and dead, and had nothing left to prove. she was retiring.


>she had chosen to make her title literal, and declared her fleet a sovereign nation, peacefully open to the world with her at its lead; Arcadia. a roving citystate of liberty and debauchery endlessly circling all the ports of the world in a lazy cruise wherever the Pirate Queen wills it to go to this very day.


(cont)

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551481

>>41551480

>none of this meant absolutely goddamn anything to Aurisa though. there were too many things that she needed to make sense of first; she had still only barely wrapped her head around the concept that walking over the edge of the world had only lead to a whole new world, and she was still struggling to comprehend that there were things that could walk and talk, but weren’t elves, but weren’t prey either???


>but now she was standing on wood? but the wood was standing on water? and she wasn’t in the water? everything Aurisa understood about the world was being thrown more and more into question by the day. ever since she’d gotten lost from home, one thing had just led to another, and now she found herself here, a scary, cramped wooden box that just seemed to exist alongside a bunch of other wooden boxes floating in an endless abyss of water larger than her tiny little mind could ever dare to imagine. and those boxes seemed to be filled with even more things she could scarcely comprehend, sights and sounds and smells her imagination wouldn’t have even ever thought as possible.


>fortunately for her, though, she was a fast learner. of course she was, she was an elf after all. perfection at all things was just in her blood. she was already starting to make sense of the language that all these weird non-elves kept throwing at her, but some of their primitive customs were still lost on her. for example, why did some of the bigger not-elves keep offering her yellow shinies for “a good time”, whatever that meant? she’d continually failed to get a straight answer out of any of them, only awkward expressions and occasional gestures to the furs she wore, tastefully cut to display as much of her god-given elven beauty as possible. is that what they wanted? like hell would she ever give them up, she’d hunted them herself when she was only a child! they were the gods’ personal gift to her! if the not-elves wanted them, they would just have to pray for their own.


>there were still more mysteries that Aurisa was struggling to figure out, but most of those could wait for later. the longer that she stayed inside the water-boxes, the more nervous she started to get, the sheer unnatural nature of the strange world she was stuck in weighing down on her. she needed to get outside where she could see the sky and feel the wind, the only thing in this weird place that still seemed right. in the meantime, though, she could still make the most of the time. like a true huntress, she would watch and wait, observing the not-elves and how they acted, and see if she could find any answers to her questions that way.


>surely, nobody would ever notice or be uncomfortable with the mangy, half-naked girl crouched at the bow of the ship, staring wide-eyed at everyone nearby! she was the very definition of stealth!

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551482

>>41551480
>>41551481

>And like any unlucky hunter, Aurisa's quarry was about to get disturbed by a loud noise.


>A very loud noise.


>The sound of something whistling through the air grew louder and louder, to the point of almost distraction. The sound came closer. Closer still. Some of the more eagle eyed crew members would see what looked like a dark shape sailing through the air from above. And it seemed awfully like it was going to hit the shi-



>CRASH


>The sound of wood creaking and snapping sang out, creating a cacophony of noise to accompany the panicked shouts and confusion. The boat rocked from the impact, a cloud of sawdust being picked up as wood splintered, planks snapped in half and part of the deck gave way to this something that had so rudely slammed into it.


>It didn't take long for the dust to clear...And for the people near to the impact to spot what had caused the commotion. What they saw was...a pair of legs sticking out of the ground, upside down. They hung there limply, dangling slightly in the breeze and the motion of the ship itself. Other than that, they didn't seem to be moving all that much, other than shifting slightly with the occasional creak of broken wood.


>The crater wasn't too far off, and whatever had slammed into the ship clearly didn't seem like it was going to move any time soon, for better or worse.

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551483

File: 1545489656287.png (1010.86 KB, 1432x1078, Deepinthought.png)

>>41551465

>The shopkeep seemed cheerful and happy enough to help some budding adventurers on their journey, though he was unable to keep the confusion and surprise from colouring his face at Sherry's unusual request. Castell however, already felt like he'd spent a lifetime with Sherry's eccentricities, and was starting to wonder how she'd managed to function before now. Though, he kept his thoughts to himself, and merely stayed besides her, letting her do the diplomacy for now.


>If she was focused on her talks, maybe she wouldn't notice him sneaking peeks.


>The shopkeep cleared his throat and went back to business, trying his best to seem understanding of her plight.


"I'm...afraid we don't carry any specific pattern, miss! It's not something that a lot of people think of when it comes to bedrolls."

>However, not one to lose a chance for salesmanship, he pressed on.


"I can certainly vouch for their comfort though, I've never heard a single complaint from any of my customers for their quality. You'll find no better here, or off Kuka!"

>He continued his sales pitch even as Sherry looked around. Her search would be less than fruitful, however. She'd find a mess kit easily, but her search for coffee, less so. She'd find a standard stove pot used for boiling, but not specifically for coffee...neither would she find any beans. There were some bars of soap she'd find via searching, but it wasn't exactly anything to write home about. What she'd seen on the sign is what she'd get, the bare minimum for adventurers. No luxuries here.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551487

>>41551482

>Aurisa had caught the whatever-it-is well before it had begun to bear down on the ship, but initially dismissed it as merely some sort of bird. that is, until she noticed that the sound it was making was getting closer. when it finally got through to her tiny, stunted brain that whatever-it-is, it was bearing down right on the boat, and by extension, her.


>she sprung to her feet ready to do… what, exactly? fight the mysterious sky-spawn? she wasn’t really sure, but she would figure something out in time!


>CRASH


>she did not figure something out in time! that came in way faster than she had been anticipating! and way closer, for that matter! fortunately, before she had the chance to draw the crude knife at her side and make the entire situation worse, the dust from whatever had hit the deck cleared, revealing –!


>just… a person? why was a person in the sky? they’re not supposed to be there. at least, not as far as Aurisa new. this water-world was just getting weirder and more confusing all the time. she crept up to the hole in the deck warily, curious about this weird sky-person. she stared at the dangling half that she could see from here, wondering how best to approach this. she glanced around to the other people standing on the deck, trying to draw from her experience thus far of what she was supposed to do and say among the non-elves.


>that is to say, she gripped the sky-person by the ankle and firmly shook their leg in a weird, improvised greeting.


Hello? You dead, no?

!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551488

File: 1545503124369.png (249.21 KB, 531x768, Ohwhatdoyouwant.png)

>>41551487

>The response to Aurisa's question wasn't immediate. The dangling leg moved up and down limply in time with the shake, but it was only after a little bit that it twitched in her grasp.


>The whole body shuddered. Aurisa would be able to see it travel from the visible waist all the way down to the leg she was holding. Like a bird drying itself off, the shudder vanished as quickly as it came...And the body just hung there, limply and contentedly upside down.


>Contentedly at least for the owner of the body. The weakened floorboards did much less to muffle the sound of the commotion below, clearly whoever the figure had crashed in on wasn't very happy to have been interrupted. The shouting continued for a small period of time, before the legs above deck stiffened up, breaking away from Aurisa's grip as the figure straightened, and slipped through the hole into the deck below. The shouting quickly turned into a shocked cry of anger, but it didn't have time to evolve into anything else.


>Leaping back out of the hole it'd fallen into and stepping lightly on the deck was the source of the commotion.


>In a word; scraggly. That was the best phrase for the newcomer. They wore an outfit that seemed worn and tattered, cobbled together out of bits and pieces of whatever the owner could find and somehow arranged in a way that seemed like functioning clothing. It hung slightly loosely around a frame that managed to strike a delicate balance between toned musculature and a scrawny frame, making them look like a creepy doll.


>The person stretched out their limbs, arms cracking satisfyingly as they brushed dirty blonde hair out of their eyes...And noticed the figure that was nearby, clad in animal furs.


...Hello.

>He replied, for the deep quiet voice that echoed out was almost definitely a man's voice, even if he was disturbingly pretty. He stretched out his limbs again, and something else also stretched out this time, something that most men don't really have.


>And that was a jet black crow's wing, that stretched out into its full, admittedly mildly small wingspan, looking for all the world like the coming of a mangy one winged angel that didn't really have to worry about reassuring the people with 'Do not be afraids.' He looked more like the type of angel that staggered into a house by accident and you fed out of pity.


>For his part, he didn't really seem bothered by all that, instead looking around between Aurisa and the crowd that had gathered with a look of quiet confusion, lost in the attempt to grasp his current predicament.


>He didn't look like he was getting anywhere with it.

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551492

>>41551488

Oh, not dead! Very good!

>Aurisa smiled up at the larger, debatably even more disheveled man; granted, it was an awkward, creepy kind of smile as if she had hardly ever done it before. her expression quickly switched to blank confusion, though, when she noticed the single wing extending from his back. suddenly, a whole lot of questions came to mind.


>why did he have a wing like a bird when he wasn’t a bird? was he a bird? is that why he fell out of the sky? for a moment, she entertained the question of whether he was some kind of god, but quickly dismissed the idea. he didn’t even have pointy ears, how could he possibly be a god?


>she proceeded to completely disregard any sense of personal space, stepping in even closer to inspect, poke, and prod every part of his outfit and body in experimental curiosity, with particular focus on his wing. not that her confusion did anything to make her stop talking, though.


Who are you? Why you fall from sky? Person not meant be up there, only bird up there. Are you bird? Bird not meant to have hand and leg, is very very wrong.

Ramiel!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551506

File: 1545566253160.png (479.75 KB, 834x768, Thisissomebullshit.png)

>>41551492

>He certainly wasn't dead, but he was definitely taking his time to assess the situation. Even as Aurisa continued speaking, the man was looking around. examining the ship he was on, the people staring at him, and the far off ships nearby as part of the Arcadian fleet. While he watched, the placid confused expression slowly but surely evolved. It did not evolve into an expression of understanding, but it did find the next best thing. The man took in a deep breath, the confusion wiped from his face...And he made peace with the fact that he had absolutely no idea what was going on.


>But he'd never let that stop him before.


>He looked down at the pointy-eared one who was circling him and prodding at his person, but made no attempt to push her away just yet. Indeed, even the wing she was focusing on merely held in place under her scrutiny, with the occasional slight shuffle under a mildly sensitive poke while the man spoke again.


'm not a bird, I fell off the side. Birds don't fall.

My name is Ramiel.

>And he answered her questions in the order that made sense to him, that being not much of an order at all in a voice that was only barely on the verge of a 'conversational' level of volume. If quiet but strong people had a kind of iron in their voice to reveal their 'inner strength' then it'd be more accurate to say that this man had wood in his voice. Specifically a very old, very tall tree that had ignored the gossiping bushes and the drama of mushrooms, instead opting to focus on what it was doing to the exclusion of all else.


...Where am I?

>The natural stalwart stoicism of something that hadn't the faintest clue what was happening in the world around it.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551507

File: 1545587872690.png (75.38 KB, 256x254, hahaha,woops.png)

>>41551483
>There was a single moment on Sherry's face where she was a little disheartened that there was no stylish bedrolls to be had out there... Or a coffee pot... or nice scented soups she could get here... Oh well! She'll find a way to get that stuff eventually! She grabs a navy blue bedroll, a mess kit, several bars of soap, and a couple sets of traveller's clothes.

I will be taking all of these!

>She takes all the items to the counter and places the down upon it. Once her hands are free, he reaches down into her own cleavage and extracts a small bag from within... her coin purse perhaps?
This post was edited by its author on .

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551509

File: 1545591424248.jpg (89.64 KB, 649x636, Ohdear.jpg)

>>41551507

>The shopkeep counted up the cost of Sherry's items. The bedroll and the mess kit? That passed by with scarcely a comment, the traveller's clothes as well. The multitude of soap? That's where he paused, and Castell's unsure expression mirrored the unfortunate merchant's.


"That'll...that'll be five gold, two silver and a copper piece, if you don't mind...?

>His voice trailed off, his throat going dry as his face went back to Sherry who was...rummaging around with her generous cleavage. Castell leaned forward as much as could be feasibly possible while still remaining subtle to get a better look at her while she...found what she was looking for. As she pulled out the bag, Castell realised that this was already leaning towards being mildly creepy, and so leaned back again, cleared his throat, and abruptly tried to make it seem like he'd been staring for a different reason.


Uhh...ma'am, do we have no need for a tent?

>That'd do! It had crossed his mind while she was searching out bedrolls that she hadn't any kind of visible pack. And if she had no pack, then how was she storing a tent of some kind? Castell didn't want to assume the worst of his client already but...her nature so far had cast some doubts. It would be better to ask now and get whatever the answer was out of the way than simply find the pair of them sleeping in the open when they were on the road...

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551512

>>41551506

>fortunately, Ramiel’s tone and speech pattern were just simplistic and blunt enough for Aurisa to readily understand what he was saying, even with her loose grasp of the language. at first, she was going to raise the question of what exactly he had meant by “fell off the side”, but her one-track mind instead jumped on the assertion that birds don’t fall, something she dismissively scoffed at.


Bird fall, yes! Kill many bird with arrow and rock, fall out of tree always!

>and just as quickly as her brain had jumped on that subject, it jumped back off it and on to the new one of the weird wingy not-elf’s name.


Rrrrrraa-aahhhhmm-eeeee-ehlll…

>she went silent for a moment, trying to internalize the name.


>and then immediately gave up on that with a dismissive wave of her hand.


Name too long. Call you Ram. Better name.

>deciding it was her turn to make an introduction, she put her hands on her hips and took a wide, proud stance; either unaware or uncaring of the crowd of confused passengers starting to form around them.


Am Aurisa, beautiful wood elf princess! Very skilled! Wise! Strong! The best!

>she smugly grinned up at Ramiel, unaware of the fact that a few of the onlookers had begun warily backing away at the words “wood elf”. presumably, wherever she was from “beautiful” entailed a dirty, scrawny, pale little gremlin with dirty (literally) blonde hair (that looked like the most care it ever received was being cut down with a sharp rock whenever too many sticks and small dead animals had gotten tangled up in it) and a crooked smile and wide eyes that bored into your very soul.


>and once again her mind abandoned its previous train of thought just as fast as it had boarded, now on the subject of just where Ramiel had found himself.


Oh! Not-elves call this place “Arr-cay-dee-yuh”. Very much water, more than Aurisa ever see before! Strange place, walk on big wood box, but box also walk? And on water? Still not understand, trying find way to leave. Told can leave two weeks.

>she shrugged, giving Ramiel a “what-can-ya-do” sort of expression.


Still figuring what “week” is. Thought meant not strong. Not-elf words strange.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551514

File: 1545598504389.png (205.98 KB, 512x724, __mata_hari_fate_grand_order_a…)

>>41551509
>After fishing around in the bag for the necessary and, placing it all on the counter.

Oh no need to worry about that! I got that right here in this little bag~!

>Once the money was on the table, she opened the bag up wider then it looked like it should have been able to open, and starts stuffing all the items inside of it. A bag no l bigger then a satchel now held a bedroll, two changes of clothes, a mess kit, several bars of sopa, and, apparently, a whole tent. All without looking to have changed size at all.


This was a parting gift from my peers! They all knew I have a bit of a shopping addiction so they got me this bag that'll fit whatever I put into it regardless of size! It's really convenient!

Ramiel!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551516

File: 1545599891435.png (562.76 KB, 838x768, GendoIkariimpression.png)

>>41551512

>Ramiel stood there, passively absorbing everything that this talkative person was spewing out. There was definitely a lot to take in. As the talkative one talked, he listened, and examined her. She wasn't all that different to normal, but she didn't have any wings. She wasn't even weird like him with just one, she didn't have any at all. Neither did any members of the crowd stunned into silence that were simply watching him stand there while Aurisa talked.


>Aurisa being the named of a 'wood elf' princess, whatever that was. She looked kinda dishevelled, on a similar level to Ramiel himself, though she was wearing less, and wearing what appeared to be some kind of fur. Was that what a princess wore down here? Ramiel had never seen a princess before, never mind a princess below Surtaras. Guess that was just what they were like.


>Handily she supplied the name of the ship they were on as well. Arr-cay-deeyuh. Everything down here was a little strange. There was a lot of water around too, more than Ramiel had ever seen before. He didn't really see much away from home, and now he was farther away than he'd ever thought he could be.


...Lots of water, yeah.

>He came back to focus on Aurisa as the silence of the crowd started to break, with a distant rabble in the background seemingly getting closer.


Nice to meet you, I've never met a princess before, or a wood elf. I didn't even know there was anything below the island...

...Wise people know a lot. My parents said so, if you're trying to find a way to leave, do you know how I can get back there?

>The quiet monotone shifted. It was subtle, but there was enough in that subtle change to let anybody know that what Ramiel was doing was pleading. He didn't show it on his face, but the weird ship, all the water around him and so many people...He tensed up, mouth dry. So strange and new, he missed the farm and his work.


>He couldn't even remember why he'd gone close to the edge any more.

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551518

File: 1545601339946.jpg (106.24 KB, 681x638, NICE!.jpg)

>>41551514

Oooh...

>Castell leaned forward to actually watch in keen interest at the bag itself, rather than sneaking another peak at Sherry. He'd been unable to quite keep the interest out of his voice as he watched Sherry pay off her new acquisitions and shove all of it within the tiny bag that she held between her-Okay you're focusing on the bag this time Castell.


That's...a very useful gift ma'am.

>Even the phrase 'shopping addiction' hadn't quite been enough to knock Castell out of his appreciative wonder at the bag of holding. The shopkeep watched in equal wonder, before thanking her for her patronage and both Sherry and Castell were back on the markets of Voehn, with the monk in a considerably better mood.


>Cheerful enough to make conversation even, as they set off through the stalls, Castell turned to his charge, professionalism aside for the moment, and continued to enquire.


You mentioned that that bag was a gift from your peers...Might I ask where it is you're coming from? And why you're heading off on this journey that necessitated my hiring?

Not that I'm complaining about it in the slightest...!

>He allowed himself a small chuckle as the pair of them walked on, Castell steering them on a longer walk through the merchant's district, in no direction in particular. Sherry had wanted a souvenir as well, and surely she'd see something she liked the look of if she was keeping her eyes out.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551529

File: 1545617692134.jpg (495.01 KB, 1200x963, 62378369_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41551518
>Returned the bag to it's resting place after she was finished, she was more then happy to answer her body guard.

I'm a student of the Claudia Augustine College of Prefomance Arts Excellence, which is aaaaaalll the way in Kul Tiras! I'm technically done with my education there so all that's left for me to do is to go out into the world and make a name for myself!

...And pay off my mountain of student loans.

>After quietly sneaking in that last bit, she answers his second question.


I'm not much of a fighter at all. There was some supplementary self-defense classes for those who planed on travelling, but I the only thing I could use even remotely well to defend myself is a knife... All my talent is in dancing it seems.

The instructor mentioned that monks in this area would take in jobs for the right payment so I figured the best thing I could do is hire someone to protect me while travelling and working!

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551556

File: 1545683765872.jpg (126.55 KB, 786x639, Why.jpg)

>>41551529

>Castell nodded along as she explained. He'd never been as far as Kul Tiras himself, but clearly he should make some time for it if more women like Sherry were walking around there. Fortunately for the dancer's dignity, he hadn't quite managed to catch her mumbling about her student loans, which would save any awkward questions about why she'd hired a bodyguard.


>But still, it seemed pretty understandable that she'd want something to protect her if she couldn't herself, and Castell bowed his head to her, a smile appearing on his face.


Indeed, the Mugen Temple does pride itself on responding to the right requests, and I can think of no better use for my talents than defending those who need help.

>As well as making some good money in the process.


>Speaking of money, the market suddenly seemed a lot...busier. People were bustling about at great speed, the hubbub of the market growing louder as stalls hucked their goods and buyers haggled. The throng grew larger and larger still, practically forcing Castell and Sherry apart in the sudden growing movement. Castell let out a surprised gasp and attempted to reach for his charge...To no avail.


>The crowd was too big to comfortably jostle through in time, rush hour remained the king, which left Sherry on her lonesome for now in the middle of an unknown town in a veeeery busy shopping spree.


>Perfect place for someone with an addiction to spending, right?

beatCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551561

>>41551516


>Aurisa beamed up at Ramiel when he said that he had never met either of those things before, clearly excited for the chance to be his first first sight of glorious elven perfection.


Princess mean best! Elf mean best! That make Aurisa most best of all!

>unfortunately for her, her moment of basking in her ego was rudely interrupted by Ram’s further questions. (but he did agree that she was wise, which was a plus. she had to admit, he learned fast for a not-elf).


“Get back there”? Where? Sky?

>Aurisa firmly shook her head and answered in a very flat, matter-of-fact tone, either oblivious or uncaring to the pleading one Ramiel carried.


No, not possible. Only bird go in sky. You say not bird, so can’t go in sky.

>spoken with all the infinite confidence of someone who didn’t know being wrong was even possible.


>by now, the commotion in the distance was drawing closer, and as it did so, the crowd surrounding Ramiel and Aurisa started dispersing in a hell of a hurry. weird coincidence, right? surely those things weren’t related in the slightest? sure, they were the only two left in the area when a handful of burly men with scary expressions stormed in, demanding to know who just punched a giant hole in the boat. but that’s no big deal, right?


>right?

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551602

File: 1545870098162.png (76.52 KB, 256x243, excited.png)

>>41551556
And that's the best kind of business relationship! Where both sides benefit and... huh? Castell?

>Sherry had not realised the two had become separated by the surge of people. Oops! She should try and get back to him! Try as she might however, fighting the tide of people was like trying to swim up a waterfall so she was pushed aside more then made any progress.


Whoa! Hey! Eeep! Hands to yourself!!

>Things where getting a bit hairy here! Better find somewhere less crowded to wait all this out. Thankfully she was only five steps away from an alleyway an got to it without too much trouble.


There... now to wait for Castell here.

>Though while she waited, she heard the very familiar sound of dice rattling across a table. Followed by sounds of wops of joy and hisses of displeasure. She knew those sounds, that was the sound of gambling!


>Turning around walking down the alley a bit, Sherry saw several men gathered around a wooden table littered with dice, playing cards, and gold coins.


Oh my...

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551653

File: 1545955365457.png (412.23 KB, 709x488, Resolute.png)

>>41551602

>Castell was no stranger to rush hour, obviously. He'd been through these markets many a time, but seldom with other people. Especially not with someone he was charged to look after. The sea of people jostled, pushing him this way, that way, forwards backwards any direction you could think of.


>By the time Castell had been spat out, he was at the other side of the market. He looked out across the square...And nothing. Just people. Not even the remains of people gawking at what had once been a provocative dancer. Castell sighed and began moving around the market in earnest, pace quick and eyes scanning the area intensely. He'd have hoped that Sherry's innocent nature and outfit might have left a trail...But no luck. Guess it was time to take this seriously.


>Castell took a long, deep breath, he closed his eyes and he concentrated. Clarity came with calm, and he felt the mania of the world around him slip away, until all there was, was silence. Tranquillity. Castell's eyes opened again, and took in the World as he walked.


>Everything slowed to Castell, but to the crowd, what they saw was a monk from the temple power-walking through the market with his eyes darting from side to side like a maniac. That wasn't all that uncommon though, so instead, Castell got a wide berth as he continued his stride on through the square. It took longer than he thought to spot her but there! The bright contrast of red against brown from her hair decorations!


>He switched tracks, sliding through the remaining people at speed. It was no elegant dance of Sherry's, it was more like dodging. Like he twisted and pivoted his body to avoid the crowd as though they were punches and kicks, until he came across where he saw the shock of red.


Ma'am?

>If she'd ducked into an alleyway, hopefully she hadn't been too unlucky, right?

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551676

File: 1545962934160.png (75.38 KB, 256x254, hahaha,woops.png)

>>41551653
>What Castell saw as he walked into the alley and came upon the illegal gambling was probably a contender for one of the stranger things he'd dealt with during his half a day long venture with Sherry.

>She sat at the table surrounded by men, foreign sailors most likely, who looked shocked, defeated, and now totally copperless. It was clear that dancer had played with them and won everything they had owned in a small time frame.


>And Sherry herself? She was positively beaming, enjoying the rush of gambling and winning big. She hastily stuffed every gold coin into her beg with a huge grin on her face.


Sorry boys, looks like lady luck loves me today aaaaaaaaaas usual~

>She paused her gloating once she heard Castell tall out to her. She looks over at him and displays her winnings. She had not been unlucky at all, very much the opposite.


We're going to eat like royalty tonight!

>Of course no one was too happy to have lost badly to some random woman who barged in on their game, worse still she was rubbing salt into the wound. Then again, she was easy on the eyes...


Hey John.
Yes Charles?
I think this woman cheated big time. You know what we do to cheaters right?

Eh? Cheated? I did no such thing!

That's exactly what a cheater would say! That settles it! We'll be taking back all that gold you swindled out of us and put you to work earning us a bit more maybe?

Oh hooo! I like that idea a lot. Someone like her will make a tidy profit. Don't worry... we won't rough you up too much, that might affect the value...

>It was then that Sherry might have felt that maybe gambling with a bunch of tough looking sailors in some out of the way alley was not one of her brighter ideas. More so when they started to draw their knives and cudgels menacingly.


Ooooooooh my... I my have made a mistake...

Dakotadormi!spider/BSYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551692

File: 1545978633712.jpg (168.86 KB, 766x1042, artbythaumazo.jpg)

>>41551469
"Dakota Dormi."
>A devilish grin spread across her lips, as though the cat cornered the mouse.
>The pause between her first and last name was there either to maintain their covers or to add dramatic flair, but its meaning was very clear to those in the know.

>Some dragonflights have a habit of taking certain suffixes in homage to their Aspects. The Blues, for example, end their names with -gos or -gosa in reverence of Malygos, the Aspect of Magic.

>Of relevant note, -ormu and -ormi are the suffixes of the Bronze Dragonflight. The guardians of Time.

>Looks like the Fun Police are here.


"I've actually been looking forward to meeting you for quite some..."
>Her eyebrows quirk, suddenly becoming aware of her own unintentional pun.
"Time."
>Her subsequent satisfied little giggle would be cute, under normal circumstances.
"You and I have a LOT to talk about."
This post was edited by its author on .

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551759

File: 1546125921675.png (89.06 KB, 331x249, moody.png)

>As the saying always goes, "all good things must come to an end" and unfortunately for one woman, she was entirely all too familiar with that expression. After the whole ordeal with the bandits in Esterhall, Gwen thought it would be wise to pack up and leave to find somewhere else to hide out in... again. She was still very grateful for that brave adventurer that had taken care of the problem, but if bandits decided that the little village was a good target, who knows what other sorts of trouble would come along in the future?

>Gwen really didn't want to risk exposing her true nature by finding this out, so before any of the other townsfolk knew, she was gone and on the road once more.


>...Or at least she would have been, if she wasn't currently standing off to the side of it, and wearily watching the driver of the wagon she had been on struggle to figure out what to do with one of the wheels that had broken. The man turned towards Gwen and just gave her an apologetic look.


"Sorry little lady, looks like we're gonna be here awhile."
This post was edited by its author on .

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551762

File: 1546127140239.png (2.24 MB, 2481x3507, Tesya.png)

>>41551759
>Gwen wasn't the only person on the road. Another adventurer was making the travel... By foot.
>When you were an 8 foot tall minotaur, it was a lot easier.

>Tesya walked along the path, swinging a cool stick she found, swiping it against the ground with each step. Sounded like she was singing to herself, but the words were too mumbled to be heard properly.

>it was then, the minotaur spotted the wagon, with a wheel broken... Looks like people were in trouble and she couldn't just leave them in the dust, no sir!

>the minotaur approached the wagon, stick over her shoulder like a weapon.


Need some help there?

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551775

File: 1546131270110.png (63.79 KB, 252x217, whatsthat.png)

>>41551762

"Good heavens!"

>The wagon driver nearly jumped out of his skin at seeing Tesya approach, not really expecting any other travelers all the way out here, and certainly not a minotaur. The rather elderly gentleman took a moment to get his heart to settle, especially since he realized Tesya wasn't trying to be a threat to himself or his passenger.


"Just need to get this old thing fixed up is all. Nothing I can't handle, but I'd hate to make this little lady wait."

>The man gestured to Gwen, who was still keeping out of the way off to the side. She was quietly listening to the conversation at hand, wondering why the driver had been so startled by this stranger. Gwen shook her head at the man's statement, trying her best to not look as nervous as she felt. She really wasn't too keen on staying out in the middle of nowhere like this.


"It's alright sir, these things happen..."

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551779

>>41551775
Haha! It's no big deal!

>she said, putting her hands on her hips, beaming with pride and vigor.


Tesya's the name and helping people is my job.

>she said, taking a look at the cart. She had zero idea on how it worked beyond "Wheel spins and car moves"


Can't just leave you, what if night falls and you're still here? I... I can hold up the wheel-less side if you don't have one.

>she said, rubbing her right bicep. Those were some strong muscles...

>and she did sound like she wanted to help, with how enthusiastic she sounded with each breath.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551785

>>41551779

"Oh don't you worry none about me miss, ain't nothin' I haven't dealt with before. And it's pretty quiet 'round these parts."

>The driver just chuckled at the minotaur's enthusiasm, grateful that she didn't end up being some sort of ruffian that would bully them out of their personal belongings, or worse. As the man started rummaging around in the wagon for his repair tools, he nodded his head towards Gwen.


"Though if ya really wanna help, this young lady here was wanting to get to the next town. It's still a little ways down the road. Maybe you can help her out."

>Gwen blinked in surprise and held her hands up, now feeling like she was being put on the spot.


"Oh no, I'd hate to be an inconvenience..."

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551787

>>41551785
Alright...
>looking over to Gwen, she looked down on her. The minotaur was about 3 feet taller than her.

You sure? I carry people all the time, don't worry about it. No inconvenience here.

>grinning, she gave a thumbs up, equally expressive in her gestures


What do you say? I'm slower than a cart but it's faster than waiting.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551789

File: 1546136977894.png (83.28 KB, 147x442, hmmm2.png)

>>41551787

"You... carry people?"

>Who in the world was this woman? She was certainly tall, that much Gwen could tell from where her voice was coming from. Extremely tall, from the sound of it, but then again, most people were very tall compared to her.


>She thought for a bit on this proposal, still not quite sure about this current situation. On the one hand, if this stranger was willing to help out, who was she to argue against it? On the other hand, being literally carried to the next town had the slight chance of drawing attention, including the unwanted sort. Gwen just sighed and finally decided to just deal with whatever came of this, it was still better than waiting around like a sitting duck.


"Well alright, if you're okay with that. But if you get tired just let me know. Thank you miss... Tesya was it? You can just call me Gwen."

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551791

>>41551789
Haha! That's the spirit! Gwen is a fine name!

>she said, punching her open palm.

>with a steady motion, to not give Gwen whiplash, Tesya picked her up

Don't worry about the horns... They're rounded down.

>she said, tapping one of her horns with her free hand, the sharp tip was in fact fired into a round point, to not accidentally gore someone.

>now, looking to the old man, she asked one last question

You gonna be alright? Don't need me to call for help once I get to town? The two of us will be okay though!

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551793

File: 1546139524276.png (125.87 KB, 254x416, shock.png)

>>41551791

"Oh... ah, well thank you. Tesya is a good name as well and it's nice to meET YOUUU??"

>Tesya may have been careful about picking her up and it may have been the plan to begin with, but it still startled Gwen. She took a deep breath to try and settle herself down and get a good grip on her living transportation. Wait... horns? And she was pretty sure she felt fur as she carefully set her hands against Tesya. Well, every hope of not drawing attention to flew out the window right then and there.


"...Oh, yes, horns. Of course. I wasn't too terribly worried about that."

>Mostly because she didn't even realize what sort of creature Tesya even was. As Gwen fretted over this internally, the wagon driver just gave the two women a smile and waved Tesya on.


"If you could let someone know, I'd appreciate it, but don't worry none about me young lady! Now go on you two, before it gets dark out. Thanks again miss!"

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551795

>>41551793
Alright... Take care, my friend.

>she said, giving the man a thumbs up, she tried not to worry about his safety. As much as she didn't want to leave him behind, it was his wish. She'd have to tell people that he's out on the road...


>heading off Tesya walked at a moderate pace, not walking but not running. It helped a lot that her legs were pretty long and covered a lot of ground.


Haha~ So what's gotten you on the road, if I may ask?

>Tesya said, breaking the silence of the walk.

Baraquiel Diogo Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551798

File: 1546143452090.jpg (26.93 KB, 604x338, What in the....jpg)

>>41551692
>Diogo watched timecop say her little spiel, and stopped his smile, his eyes still cocky, but his gaze less lecherous and more business. There was still a snarky, cocksure smirk on his face as she dropped her name, and his only response was to put out his hand and say;
"Ah, one of Nozzy's brats! Give the old curmudgeon my love, will you?"
>He said, before taking the bottle of whatever he was drinking and giving it a long swig. He'd wink at her, one eye flashing to a slitted, solid silver orb and back again as his grey eyes looked her over curiously.
"To what do I owe the pleasure, madame Dakota?"
>He hadn't given his name out, at least not his true one. He had given away his nature in a way subtle enough to let her know he was in the know.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551799

File: 1546146003454.png (115.19 KB, 306x284, unamused.png)

>>41551795

>Gwen did her best not to squirm around too much, but it was a very strange thing to be carried, especially by a complete stranger. Still, it was slightly better than waiting around or even making the journey herself, though it's not like she hasn't done something like that before. Truth be told, she wasn't even sure if she was even going to settle in the next town and wondered if she should just go back to being a wanderer. She was quickly snapped out of her thoughts as she realized her new traveling companion asked her a question.


"Oh, um... Nothing important. I'm a healer and I tend to travel around and offer my services to those in need.

>Gwen hesitated for a bit before finally asking what she was dying to ask.


"Miss Tesya, forgive me for my ignorance and I don't mean to be rude... but what are you?"

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551800

>>41551799
A healer, huh? I could use someone like you. Get in fights a lot!

>"What are you?"

>That was a good question and one that had a lot of answers, being open ended
>but, Tesya assume she meant what she was... Minotaur weren't too common in these parts.

I'm a Minotaur. Don't worry about sounding rude, you were, my people aren't common round here.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551815

File: 1546197937866.png (109.35 KB, 338x258, contemplative.png)

>>41551800

"I see... Can't say as I've ever met a minotaur before, even in the traveling I've done. I did meet a giant not too terribly long ago, far in the north."

>Gwen finally started to relax as she spoke to Tesya. Well, as relaxed as one could get when they were being carried by a very tall bull woman. This was certainly an experience she wouldn't forget, that was for sure.


"You get into a lot of fights? Are you an adventurer of some sort then? And what brings you all the way out here anyway? Though I will say, it is always a good idea to at least have potions with you if you can't afford a healer's services."

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551828

File: 1546214705075.png (463.05 KB, 600x649, CPRnnvCVEAAlwn0.png)

>The pub was relatively well lit, not that hard at the crack of....the afternoon
>Or well, a few hours into it anyway
>But there was still a bit of a long shadow cast when the imposingly tall woman entered the pub, it vanishing as quickly as she walked in

>The big fluffy tail swaying behind her, looking like a gold paint dipped paint brush almost, swaying before her gave away that the girl was a Reinart, even if her current appearance was mostly humanish.


>Her ears perked up and twitched as she sat down at the bar, an indelible grin on her face


I'll take whatever you've got that tastes the best!

>The bar tender raised a brow at the incredulously cheerful fox with a raised brow

and what's got you in such a good mood?
>How bright and happy she seemed at least put people who might be worried she was a Lowren at ease, those sorts tended to be sulky

>Taking the drink, she took a big sip of it before stopping to explain


Oh, not much, I'm just SUPER excited that I got to punch a chimera today.

and the kids I saved got so super excited! Those smiles make my job oh so worth it!
Job?

>She opened her mouth a bit widely for a moment, excited to talk about it!


Oh! I'm a Paladin of Reineke! My whole thing is going around helping people and spreading wisdom and stuff!

>Well, a Reinart Paladin was...a little weird, they tended to be more inclined to more heavily magic based professions...

>But she seemed happy.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551839

>>41551815
Haha! Giants. I've seen one before. A nice guy. They're the only species that are taller than me most of the time.

>grinning, she explained her line of hurt; she had to pay the bills somehow and quests were her main method.


You can call me an adventurer or a hero. I check out the job boards around towns I stop in. Live in a small shack just over yonder.

>she said, pointing in the vague direction of where she lived.


Clear out a few bandits here, take care of a sandcrawler infestation there, maybe even act as a bodyguard. All sortsa things!

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551862

File: 1546240026595.png (728.91 KB, 815x722, content.png)

>>41551839

>For once Gwen did manage to smile a bit as she listened to Tesya. She rather enjoyed the minotaur's jovial tone and enthusiasm and it helped lighten her own dampened mood somewhat.


"Yes, they are quite tall. And a very proud race of warriors, from what little I know. I do wonder how the one I met is doing..."

>Gwen trailed off as she let out with an awkward laugh, obviously having absolutely no idea where Tesya was pointing.


"I'm sorry Miss Tesya, but I'm afraid I can't really see where you're gesturing too. I will take your word for it though. It's really nice that there's people like you around to keep the rest of us safe. That's part of the reason why I became a healer. You can't exactly carry on with your adventures if there's no one to take care of your wounds, right?"

>As the two ladies conversed and continued on their journey down the road, the sun was slowly starting to set with the town they were headed to just barely visible on the horizon.
This post was edited by its author on .

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551880

>>41551862
Exactly! The healer doesn't get enough credit. I always love someone who can keep me in the fray.

>as they went down the road, she looked up at hte sky, noticing the run starting to set... Not good, they were just barely at their destination and Tesya hadn't brought any of her camping equipment. The most she had was her portable cooking spit in her backpack.

>No... She could see the destination on the horizon. No need for camping.

Gettin' late, heh... Think I might have to hurry.

>that poor old man... At least he has his carriage for shelter.


Tell you what... Think I'm gonna run for the village.

>stopping in place, she kneeled down.


Hop on my back and hold on. This girl runs fast.

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551919

File: 1546364792683.png (466.93 KB, 726x489, Comeonthen.png)

>>41551676

>...Well, he hadn't expected this.


>Castell stared dumbfounded at Sherry as she put down her cards and glowed with the menacing aura of someone who was far better at gambling than they had any right to be. She was beaming with pride and gloating up a storm even before she'd noticed the monk staring at her. Once she had though, she put on display the killing that she'd made. That was...quite the nest egg really, it was a wonder she had any loans at all if she could win it all back this easy...!


I...uh...

>Castell stared even more, dumbfounded by the sight. His brain had filed to come up with a response and his train of thought had derailed into the green countryside of his mind, and the sheep were starting to approach it cautiously. Fortunately for Castell though, his instinct as a bodyguard, protector and as Sherry's employee brought him back to reality as the sailors began to get...Aggressive.


>However lucky Sherry was, it clearly wasn't enough to keep her from buying out the house and home of the sailors who weren't likely to threaten her into sex slavery. Castell's face hardened and set as he strode confidently into the alleyway. Time to go to work.


I wouldn't do that if I were you. The lady here is under my protection.

>He inhaled deeply, a white flame starting to flicker and glow around Castell as he controlled his breathing, centred his body and mind, glaring over at the aggressors to his client. Resolve without violence, if you can.


I would prefer to not leave you all unconscious, I might get in trouble for leaving trash on the ground.

>Castell was never very good at that.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551926

File: 1546370391334.png (74.91 KB, 255x254, upset.png)

>>41551919
>While Castell had their attention for the moment, Sherry quickly moved away from the table and hide behind her bodyguard, peering at the sailors from the safety of his muscular body.

Poor sports...

>The sailors actually paused at the sight of her bodyguard


Hey John?
Yes Charles?
I think that's one of those monks from the temple we keep hearing about...

>The group of five are now more focused on him then the woman who "robbed" them.


So what if he is!? We're men of the sea! We can take some guy who spends most of his time in some cosy temple!
I guess so, he is only one guy after all.
Exactly! Five to one is a good odds!

>Confidant in their numbers at least, the advance on the monk. Two of them have knives, the rest have simple but heavy looking clubs.
This post was edited by its author on .

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551943

File: 1546382869049.jpg (160.45 KB, 948x948, tumblr_p959vts6x11ufy7l6o1_128…)

>>41551828
Punching a Chimera... now there's a take on it I wouldn't have thought of.

>The grumbling voice came from a stool further down the bar, his own hearty mug just making it back down to the table after a refreshing swig. Clad in light armour with two swords at his back, it was clear to see he was something of a warrior or knight himself, though with no colours or crests to signify some kind of allegiance - save for the wolf-like symbol hanging from a chain.


Well whatever the method, she did it for free, which is more than I could say for you.
>The bartender responded, not spitefully but in a more matter-of-fact manner.

More the fool her. From what I hear Chimera make an expensive contract, more than Nekkers or Ghouls anyway.

>The empty mug taken up by the attendant, the bartender simply huffed out a sigh, wiping clean a glass from a little further down.

Well I, for one, am just glad to have that kind of thing out of the way. The trade routes have enough trouble as it is, and a Paladin's generosity ought not to go unrewarded.
Will you be having anything else, by the way?


No, I'm good, thanks.

You sure? We got some fresh import from Ironforge a few days back, that Dwarven brew has quite the kick.

>The man simply shrugged, a crude smile on his face.

Wouldn't have the coin to cover it, already paid for the room.

Well, I suppose that's all in order, though I can't help but point out that most travellers don't get far with as little coin as you seem to carry.

>That got a smirk and a light chuckle,

Don't I know it. But thanks, nonetheless.

>With that, he settled into the chair, tapping on the table lightly with a finger. His gaze cast over the odd Paladin for a moment before settling on the notice board across the room, though little seemed to catch his interest despite his attentive stare.

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551954

File: 1546389008921.png (208.39 KB, 399x600, __kuromiya_raika_original_draw…)

>>41551943

>The stark white haired man definitely seemed a bit...strange himself

>Though the fox shrugged off the comment
>She raised a brow before reaching into her pocket and scooching over a bit closer to the man

Hey I'll buy you a drink

>She rubs the side of her arm


Don't see many mercenary types in this part of the country.

>She offers a hand to shake

>expression having calmed down a bit and her approaching in a more calm demeanor

My name's Jordis
This post was edited by its author on .

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551960

>>41551880

"Thank you, those kinds of words are what keep me going in this sort of job. I don't know if I can speak for others in my profession, but I know I appreciate when people realize how important it is."

>Gwen just kept her blind gaze ahead, not really focusing on anything in particular as she listened to Tesya. Was is that late already? Damn, she was hoping to just stop by in the next town for a brief supply refill and continue moving on, but it sounded like she would have to stay at an inn for the night. At Tesya's next statement, she glanced in the minotaur's direction and seemed to hesitate for a moment before doing as she was told. Gwen carefully climbed up onto the other woman's back and held on as tightly as she could.


"Alright then, but please be careful."
This post was edited by its author on .

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551965

>>41551960
>with that, Tesya began to run.
>for such a large creature, she certainly could run fast. Quite the bumpy ride as well. Thankfully, Gwen holding on wasn't tight enough to choke her.

Just tell me if you're about to fall off! Don't want to send you flyin' behind!

>she said, excited about getting a chance to run.

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551979

File: 1546440981061.png (517.11 KB, 859x612, Backhand.png)

>>41551926

Have it your way, you don't get to complain then.

>Castell spoke plainly, even as Sherry scurried behind him to relative safety. He watched them advance forward with the same calm, confident expression, eyes scanning the thugs. Lightly armed but not too much of a trouble, they had numbers...but that was it. Castell could work with that.


>His calm serious expression split into a smirk, as he took a step forward...And the closest thug suddenly had the back of Castell's fist slam into the side of his face. The gap had been closed in an instant and the powerful strike would leave any one person reeling from the sheer force, but Castell hadn't finished yet. From his position in front of them, he hopped backwards by a step, jumped into the air and swung his foot around in a gigantic arc in front of him. As if that wasn't enough, the swinging kick carried a trail of strange yellow fire behind it, and any of the sailors that managed to dodge the kick itself, the shockwave of energy that fired out after would be hard for anybody to dodge.


>Castell landed back in position, tapping back down onto the ground gently. He glared back at their aggressors, almost daring them to try anything more after the overwhelming display of force, an eager light shining in his eyes at the prospect.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551986

File: 1546476374006.png (53.83 KB, 122x359, ohnowait.png)

>>41551965

>Gwen sort of expected that it wasn't going to be an easy ride, having ridden on horses and rickety old wagons before. That still didn't stop the little jolt of surprise from her as Tesya began her run towards the town in the distance. As much as Gwen wished she could actually see all of this, it was nice to feel the rush the wind blow past her and the sound of hooves pounding against the ground. It reminded her of the days when her older sister would take her riding around on her adventures...


>Gwen frowned and shook her head, not really wanting to dwell on the past yet again, not at the moment anyway. At Tesya's statement, Gwen just tightened her hold a little more.


"I-I'm alright! I just hope I'm not hurting you or anything!"

>Meanwhile the sun continued its descent from the sky and the tiny little speck of the town soon became much larger as the two travelers gained on it.

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41551992

File: 1546487080308.jpg (52.33 KB, 564x564, 3442d7bda02f7ca7bf0566304c0c93…)

>>41551954
>Mercenary types, huh? Well, he'd gotten used to the phrase. Using the term Witcher in this new world seemed to get him confused for a mage, which wasn't exactly accurate.
>Surprised by the sudden gesture, he seemed hesitant for a moment, but reached out and shook the hand offered.

Geralt.

>Spoken simply, before he returned to leaning on the table, still seeming a little uncertain but sighing with a nod.


Normally I wouldn't like to leave myself owing debts so quickly, but thanks, I'll take that drink.
One Dwarven mead then?
One Dwarven mead.

>Pleased, the bartender left for a moment to get a fresh bottle of the stock, leaving him with little to say or discuss - the righteous and rowdy types always seemed to end up roping him into things.


So... how many heads did it have?
This post was edited by its author on .

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552003

>>41551992

Hey, don't worry about it, no debts from me.

>She stretched a little bit and leaned back for a moment taking a sip from her own drink.


Oh the Chimera? How many heads it had all depends on whether or not you count the tail...

>She thought back and rubbed her forearm for a brief moment, she'd healed since but it still kind of stung...


whatever Wizard or Sorcerer's idea to make an entire snake something's tail ought to be cursed.

>She takes another sip and hums very briefly


4 though, counting the literal entire snake.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552004

>>41551986
>It wasn't the first time someone had ridden on her back. She had carried a lot of people, having been raised around people far smaller than her. It was, however, rare that she ran with someone on her back. She wasn't much of a riding animal but in a pinch, she could be one.

A little but nothing I can't tolerate!

>she said, being blunt yet considerate.

>with the village steadily approaching, Tesya felt a sense of accomplishment.

Just tell me where to drop you off when we get there.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552005

>>41551979
>The opening moves were Castells and they did a good job of displaying what the group of sailors would be in for in this scrap of theirs.

>John, who caught the monk's fist with his face promptly falls over, clearly not ready to be hit that hard by anyone who wasn't a fellow seadog.


Gods damn it...!

>his attempt to scramble back up was cut short as Charles is blasted back by the shock wave and promptly lands on him. The reaming sailors were also pushed back but managed to fair slightly better then the two on the ground.


Hey, John. Was that... magic he just did?

>Getting into a brawl with a buff wizard was not something the scar faced sailor had thought would happen today, but he was invested now and he wasn't about to turn tail and run. With a growl, he shoves the larger man off of him and quickly gets back up on his feet.


It's not magic you oaf! Just some dumb pallor trick, nothing worse then what we haven't dealt with before.

>The blow however had sobered him up a bit, as it did the others. They approached this fight without the confidence that'd be one sided this time. Thus they relied on more tried and true tactics, each of them drawing on their experience of battles on the high seas. They came at him again, but this time not in a simple mob attack, each one took their jabs and swings at him in a swift hail of knife thrusts and club bashes, before darting out of the way of the person who'd come in swinging next only to go in for another attack from different angle. It was an plan to make Castell's attempts to counter one attacker very difficult as he'd have to also defend himself from who was going to strike at him next, a bit ware him out before they went in for the kill.


>Was it Honorable? No. But such were the tactics of the sea. You fought to live, not for sport.
This post was edited by its author on .

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552006

File: 1546548185840.png (739.54 KB, 1280x1280, tumblr_pfvzjkfjXD1stnbw9o1_128…)

>>41552003
Four? Not bad. Not bad at all.

>It had been a while since he'd fought the creation of a wizard like that. Sometimes they'd escape and breed in the wild, if the mage was both fool and skilled enough to make them fertile, but three was the common mix - four was an interesting thought.


From my understanding it's the snake part that's most common, mages like their venom and reptile eyes and teeth. It's how they manage to get hold of a lion or such that always made me nervous.

At least where I'm from they're not so common. Though I guess with so many like you around to clear them off, folk can rest easy. Hurts my coffers a bit that so many are ready - and trained - to fight, but I think I'd prefer that over passing through a bunch of corpses in a dead village.

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552010

File: 1546556960674.jpg (75.99 KB, 710x596, Dntf2RKU4AANom1.jpg)

>>41552006

They're not exactly terribly common here either, people still need to make the things outside of the fertile ones.

>she'd put a finger to her chin, leaning into the bar now, thinking on what Geralt had said


but there's plenty of other sorts of things out there to do if you're looking for work. Yeah there's lots of people trained and ready to fight, but there's always room for more, and...

>She sighs and rubs the side of her arm


Well, better me or you than some kid being forced to grow up too soon, you know?

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552051

File: 1546643145036.png (351.17 KB, 864x1112, tumblr_p979uy3hjk1ri5hkoo1_128…)

>>41552010
Whether we like it or not, there'll always be people who jump out of their depth with things like that. Seen plenty of Wi-... plenty of Mercenaries die that way.

Right, one Dwarven Mead.
Ah, thanks.

>A hearty swig, then another gulp-

Pheeww... you're right, that does hit the spot pretty good.
Glad you like it. Though there was less down there than I thought... I'll have to check the shipment roster - oh, coming right over.

>The bartender leaving them to it, Geralt took another hearty swig before setting the mug down, mulling in thought.


Still... guess you're right. Hoping for contracts to come up tends to fall short sometimes, and nobody here plays Gwent. Not that I'd like to rely on too much gambling to earn my keep.

Don't even know what half the things posted on that board are, let alone whether they're worth the trouble.

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552054

>>41552051

Wi-...?

>She latches onto that and raises a brow, placing a hand on the bar briefly and leaning forward


You've got me a bit curious on what sort of thing starts with W and is correlated to mercenary.

>she taps her foot briefly and heaves out a short huff


Well- regardless of that.

>She takes a gulp of her drink and leans back again, now sitting up straight


If you have any questions about stuff on the board and I happen to be here at the time, ya can go ahead and ask

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552056

File: 1546646744893.png (137.92 KB, 776x505, tumblr_pi1rqtt5N61ut7hzho1_128…)

>>41552054
Just colloquialisms. Not exactly used to these parts yet. Though if you're offering some advice...

>Again he focused on the board, reading them all fairly easily despite them being on the other side of the room. Admittedly a lot of the notices weren't that hard to read, most had pictures - requests for materials, a wanted poster here or there, new about events, and a few quests related to creatures that had caught his eye a little. One in particular stood out.


... What's an alligator?
This post was edited by its author on .

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552058

File: 1546647044729.png (484.56 KB, 646x800, __kuromiya_raika_and_shiromiya…)

>>41552056

Oh? Alligators? They're an amphibous lizard thing with big strong jaws, have one hell of a bite.

>She rubs the back of her head a bit and lets out a short chuckle


When I first started traveling I didn't really know what people meant by that either, because back in my home town we just called them gnashteeth. They're still pretty damn dangerous but if you're used to things like Chimera and the like, it should be a cake walk

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552067

File: 1546663920996.jpg (397.3 KB, 1920x1080, yes I know its oblivion shhh.j…)

>>41552004

"Oh my apologies! I didn't mean to!"

>Even though Tesya mentioned she could deal with it, that still didn't stop Gwen from loosening up her grip on the woman. Thankfully, the two of them had finally reached the town, the sun now just barely visible as night pushed it away. The town itself was a pretty decent size, certainly not stacking up to the size of any of the major cities that made their home in the world at large, but it wasn't some quiet little village like Esterhall either. Various lanterns and lampposts dotted along the winding streets and buildings provided some dim lighting to the darkened and quickly emptying streets.


"If it's not too much trouble, I just need to get to an inn..."

>Gwen was a little hesitant on that, mostly because walking into a town on the back of a literal minotaur was not something one does to keep attention off themselves. But at the same time, if someone was willing to help her, she wasn't going to deny the assistance. So, Gwen just sighed and continued clinging to Tesya's back as she idly thought about where she was going to head off to next when morning came.

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552068

>>41552067
Made it!

>she said, grinning, pounding her fist into her empty hand.

>she kept Gwen on her back, not quite minding being a riding animal. Her hooves made a clipclop sound as she walked through the streets, looking for an inn.
>the streets did make her feel all the bigger. The town's doors and streets were clearly not intended for someone of her size and weight.

Like there...

>she said, pointing to a small in on a street corner. From its position in the near center of the town, it might be intended as a place for travelers to stop.

>Trout River Inn, the sign said.

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552121

File: 1546783393614.png (364.21 KB, 683x415, Roundhouse.png)

>>41552005

>Castell's glare cracked into a smile at their confusion and the fear of one of the more talkative ones. He always thought that it was the most fun part about fighting someone new to his style, the dawning realisation of just what they were up against. It was extra good when they realised it was his skill that they had to fear.


Parlour trick? Please, you're not even worth the effort of a parlour trick. I do this kind of thing every morning just to stretch.

>Castell eyed them advancing on him with amusement as he dropped back into a readied stance and let them come. They'd definitely improved, he could at least say that much, as barrages of attacks came in from different angles, from different weapons in different timing. Castell could keep up...but only defensively. Defending the attacks was taking all the concentration he could spare to prevent from countering any one particular person.


>In that case, then he'd just counter all of them at once.


>The white fire flared up again as Castell dodged, weaved and blocked the incoming attacks, until with a mighty roar, the fire burst outwards. The force behind it was enough to knock anybody back who was in contact with it, but it had little heat or pain behind it. Rather, it was something to create an opening. Banking on the knockback, Castell leapt at the wall of the alleyway, his feet finding the solid stone of the building next to him, and he kicked off of it. Rebounding off of the wall and swinging a his leg around straight into the side of the head of the closest thud, with his momentum and his considerable strength behind it.

Dakotadormi!spider/BSYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552125

File: 1546804026913.jpg (98.75 KB, 894x894, orekigenya.jpg)

>>41551798
"Sadly, of late he's been... preoccupied. I'll pass along your regards, though. It's not often he gets to speak to his fellow Aspe--... Associates."
>That slip was most certainly intentional, as her wry grin attested.
>Looks like she didn't need to be given his name.

"You've been quite busy lately. In more ways than one, in fact."
>She stole a quick glance back at her bronze pocket watch.
"A trail of broken hearts, single mothers, and a string of disappearances?"
>She gave a tsk-tsk in a manner that oddly resembled the ticking of a clock.
>Did the Bronze always have to be so damn thematic about everything?

"I've a few guesses as to why someone like you would be doing something like this. One guess is..."
>She narrowed her eyes at Dio. For the first time since she entered the building, her smile waned.
>With a blink, her pupils narrowed into vertical slits as she studies the rogue intently.
"Worrisome."
>With another blink, her eyes resumed their previous appearance. She leaned back in her chair, apparently satisfied.
"But unlikely. If I had to hazard a guess, however, I'd say you're boosting 'recruitment rate.' And if I had to hazard another guess, it's for taking down a common enemy."
>Though she spoke vaguely, her voice dropped down to a whisper. Even in the heart of Stormwind, it's not wise to speak of the Arch-Traitor so openly.

"Which would be admirable, if a little misguided. Am I on the right track so far?"
>Her smile finally returned.

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552126

File: 1546806916553.png (293.93 KB, 379x594, tumblr_pk2falDJKs1qgv2rbo3_400…)

>>41552058
Huh. So kinda like a Slizard without wings, or a Vypper with more teeth. Still...

>His golden eyes focused on the notice, taking in the detail.


'Giant Rogue Alligator'... seven missing, five confirmed dead. Doesn't sound like a walk in the park, but if a 'gnashtooth' is as much trouble as you make it sound, it's probably worth the price.

>It had taken a little while to get used to the worth of unfamiliar coin, which was half the reason he'd found himself stuck in the predicament of a lack of funds, but 200 gold was starting to sound like something that could allow him to travel a little more.

>Returning his gaze to the drink in hand, he took it down to a half, placing the mug back on the bartop with a slightly amused stare toward the strange-eared warrior.

I can't imagine one who takes as many risks as you seem to say surviving just on 'charitable donations', though. Can the local cities afford to have people roaming the wilds like that, or is it more that they can't afford not to?

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552127

File: 1546808037634.png (269.96 KB, 600x600, 3a9bb9a404c98f0e45b6bd50403031…)

>>41552126

Probably isn't a walk in the park, no.

>She raises a brow though


if Five were killed, that means getting a hold of the others can't be too bad.


>Sipping her drink again she pauses after being questioned on how she managed to get by on her adventures


Well there's a mix of that and being funded by the church of Reineke, since I'm a paladin of them and do my best to follow their will, it's in the church's best interest to support me.

>She notes nodding briefly and smiling softly


It takes a long time for someone to train and become a paladin so leaving them without their support would put them out of a paladin and probably upset the god in question.

so yeah. kind of the can't afford not to, I guess?
This post was edited by its author on .

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552142

File: 1546831956373.png (110.95 KB, 200x275, okay.png)

>>41552068

>As Tesya continued to carry her into the town, Gwen just quietly listened to whatever sounds she could pick up around her. Good, it was pretty quiet, save for Tesya's hooves tapping against the ground. That meant there wasn't too many people out and about, at least as far as she could tell anyway.


"Miss Tesya..."

>Gwen couldn't help the mildly exasperated sigh that slipped out, hearing Tesya make her exclamation at most likely finding an inn, but not saying much else other than 'like there'. She really couldn't fault her companion for not realizing it and she was pretty hesitant on talking about her condition with others, afraid of being treated like some fragile doll like usual. And yet, she needed to be clear about it too.


"...I can't really see where you're probably gesturing to. I can't see at all really... I'm blind. If it's not too much trouble, just drop me off at the entrance and I can go from there. And can I pay you back in some way? Perhaps or drink or something?"

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552162

File: 1546902286971.png (74.66 KB, 256x256, make me wanna shout.png)

>>41552121
>Once again Castell's show of power floored the opposition and poor John got himself a kick in the face for his troubles.

Aaaaargh! Stop hitting me in the face already!! I swear the gods of the sea I'll gut you like a fish!!

>Though he was clearly ready to get beaten down again, the rest of his friends were not so inclined to.


Come on John, it's just money. We don't need to get beaten like this anymore do we--

Say another word Charles and you'll be next!

>Still, he couldn't take on the monk by himself, he needed a convenient way of not getting beaten up himself while still showing the monk who's boss! And just as he thought that, a door leading into the alley is kicked up and a huge man covered in serious navy themed tattoos comes stomping out


What in name of the sirens are you doing out here?! I could hear you all from inside!

>Oh it was the Captain, the boss. John had a brilliant idea now.


Captain! It's that girl and her bodyguard over there! She cheated us out of all our money and had this landlubber beat us up when we called her out on it!

I did not cheat! You're just a sore loser!! And you want to sell me into slavery because of it, how is that even a rational response to losing a card game?!

>Oh but John didn't care about the truth, oh no, he was going to sic the captain on that punk monk and then everything will be--

>WHACK!!
>for the third time today, the sailor known as John had caught a blow with his face, this time for his own captain.

John you idiot! All of you bilge-rats are idiots! What have I told you a dozen times or more about women!?

...That if they talk about children or marriage, leave immediately?

I have said that, yes Charles, but more importantly; Women. Are. Bad. Luck!! You lost because you gambled with a woman! And now I have to fix your mess for you! Again!

Okay, that is really mean to say about women. Castell, punch him really hard for me!

>Now the Captain of this unsavoury crew walked forward, towering a good foot and half above Castell, his arms nearly as thick as his torso and covered in both scars and tattoos.


Alright boy, either you're going to step aside or we're going to settle this like men...

>He squires up, having both his fists up close to his chest and face, ready to fight the monk hand to hand.


I'm hoping it's the latter, I need a good warm up.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552168

File: 1546915958971.png (581.58 KB, 800x717, Bastion.png)

>It had been some time since Caelia had put out her add. She'd been looking for soldiers in a city where all the soldiers were already pledged to a cause... small wonder she'd had no responses yet. She'd set up camp a short stroll (for her) away from the city. Her feasting hall table sized roundshield had been shoved into the rockface and supported with her spear to create a rainproof shelter to sit under, and she'd draped a long tarp from the shield to a couple of short swords she was using as tent pegs to create a place she could sleep to keep the rain off. The shelter seemed fairly spartan, appropriately enough.
>Those passing by the main road would easily be able to see her; It was hard to miss a giant who's head topped 40 feet, and whether she was going through drills, hunting, cooking or going into Orgrimmar for supplies, it'd be incredibly difficult to lose your way to where her poster had pointed.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552171

File: 1546917705465.png (1.06 MB, 1920x1080, Deep thoughts.png)

>>41552125
>There was a long, terse second as Diogo's eyes narrowed, and he just stared at Dakota. Leaning forward, he put the bottle down, took a short, steadying breath, before he rolled his eyes.
"You and I both know you can just tell me if it works, you know. I don't mind spoilers."
>He said, huffing a bit as he mulled over what she had to say. So, she was right. He was bolstering the numbers of the Order of Bahumat, of which he was Chapter Master and founder. So what they were all his kids? He had a direct tap on near divine draconic power, and a direct tap on straight sexy. It was win win!
>Looking at the bronze, sitting there smugly like she knew what he'd say next, he sucked on his lip as he leaned back and crossed his arms, cross at being found out.
"So what if I am? I'd figure I'm doing everything I can to save the world, and your timeline. If I get to break in a few hymens while I'm at it, so much the merrier."
>He said, raising an eyebrow, almost daring her to find one flaw in his plan. He almost seemed grumpy someone had caught on before he'd triumphantly stormed the castle!

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552175

>>41552142
>She can't see...
>finally, it clicked in the minotaur's head
OH!

>she facepalmed


I didn't realize... I'm sorry.

>regardless, she headed over to the inn.

>with knowledge that her companion is blind, she described the interior.

The Trout River Inn, it says. Looks like a friendly place. Only one guy inside and a fireplace.

>aforementioned man was staring at Tesya who was peering through the window.

>setting Gwen down slowly, Tesya chuckled

haha... Not too shabby. You don't need to pay me, but I would love a drink right about now.

>maybe some mead...

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552193

File: 1546998415559.jpg (87.13 KB, 500x281, tumblr_pgh36v5pvW1qbmv14o9_500…)

>>41552127
Fighting for Gods, huh...

>A vague recollection of his own dealing with religious warrior types left himself with a bit of a hesitance toward acknowledging the practice. The 'Paladins' he had known back home at least seemed to care about the citizenry, slaying monsters for free just like this one did, looking after the poor and the weary and spreading the good word among the people.

>Until they decided they didn't have time for that and focused more on their hatred for sorcery and the arcane instead.

... guess it's not totally without gain, then. Do good, make your god look good, maybe people'll come around.

>He didn't want to start slinging negatives around, not when she'd seemed generally alright so far and bought him a drink. Geralt was self-aware enough to realise when he didn't know any better, but he was, admittedly, a bit too tipsy to hide the aversion in his expression and mannerisms, seeming generally less enthused.


I guess as long as 'Reineke' isn't a giant bowl of fire, there's no reason to worry.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552201

File: 1547001904188.png (80.77 KB, 301x238, pleased.png)

>>41552175

>Gwen couldn't help but laugh a bit at Tesya finally realizing her situation, a ghost of a smile on her face.


"No worries, no harm done. I suppose I should have mentioned it beforehand, but it's not something I really like bringing up much unless I have to... I just really don't want people feeling sorry for me, you know?"

>As nice as it was to have been given a ride into the town, Gwen was glad to feel the ground beneath her feet again, the tension she felt from earlier almost nonexistent. She quietly listened to Tesya describe the place and then gave her companion a nod, before carefully making her way inside of the cozy little inn.


"Sounds like a decent place then. And I think I can handle that, I'm a little parched myself. Whatever you want, I'll pay."

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552220

File: 1547047233723.png (214.33 KB, 600x600, 3e3fa624c9cd0a41c26b6814150ba2…)

>>41552193

Well, pretty sure they're not a giant bowl of fire, they created my race, but I mean...

>She huffs slightly and puts an arm under her chest and narrows her eyes a bit


...if I'm being honest I'm not exactly the best paladin, because I couldn't care less whether or not Reineke actually looks good.
All that matters is helping people, serving as a Paladin is just the best way for me to do that, and I personally think that's the way Reineke would want things anyway.

>Jordis didn't seem to shy away from that, she wasn't nearly as tipsy as Geralt


and I mean, if I know Reineke is good why's it matter if anyone else follows suit?

>She huffs a little more and slumps

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552221

File: 1547056987344.png (234.23 KB, 361x522, SHORYUKEN!.png)

>>41552162

>Castell's smug grin widened. His display of force had managed to scare most of them off, the thugs in the back too scared to fight him off. They could walk out of this easy peasy as long as nothing else showed up.


>Which was obviously the cue for something else to show up.


>Castell jolted and looked over at the sound of the door slamming into stone and spotted the gigantic slab of flesh covered in tattoos walking out into the alleyway. Castell swallowed. He wasn't scared, no not in the slightest...But as he rambled on to the sailors, Castell knew that he wasn't exactly going to make the confrontation any easier on his half.


>As the captain stepped forward, his comments about women clearly having incensed Sherry, and towered over him. Castell wasn't short...but this guy was just a monster.


I'm afraid I won't be stepping aside, I have a job to do.

>But monsters were nothing to him. Whatever kind of navy training this guy had, it was nothing to the training he'd been put through. Castell's fighting stance re-emerged, legs planted solidly and arms readied for battle, his confident smile never leaving his face.


So yes, we'll settle this like men. More accurately, one man, and one soon to be unconscious body.

>And forward he leapt. The Captain's size may be greater, but his combat skill was unknown, so the best option was just to blitz him before he even knew what had happened. Castell launched a hard right straight at the stomach of his opponent, hoping to force all of the wind out of him in one great blow. Not done yet, he took a step inwards, and swung his left arm upwards, attempting to catch him on the jaw and follow up with a huge uppercut!

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552222

File: 1547073607384.png (2.24 MB, 2481x3507, tauren comm.png)

>>41552201
>Tesya's hoove thumped on the wooden floor, quickly making her presence known to everyone in the inn. The two of them were truly opposites in appearance.

Haha! THat's the spirit. I'll just have some regular ol' mead.

>with her large size and minotaur physiology, it was hard to get her drunk, she liked mead for the taste for the most part.

>if she wanted to get drunk, she would ask for far stronger stuff.

Orros!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552223

File: 1547079599186.png (235.63 KB, 526x215, Ulan_Highmountain.png)

>>41552168

The Horde had a long and storied history of great warriors and leaders rising from the gladiator pits; from the turncoat son of the Gold Lion to the Warchief himself, many a battle-cant told of a story that began with a single victorious warrior raising his arms over his beaten foe to bask in the roar of the arena's crowd. This story, however, began somewhat differently: instead of a crowd of hundreds, there would be a witness of one, as the crowd back in the arena would be peering quizzically up at the sky, straining their eyes to look for something that wasn't there, muttering and shrugging helplessly to one another in confused tones. Caelia would get a front-row seat (and indeed the only seat) to a duel between two wardruids, one of the tauren Highmountain clan and one a son of the far-away troll nation of Zandalar... not that she would have had any way of knowing that. Not yet.

The two massive avian forms plummeting towards her camp from the direction of Orgrimmar continued to tear at each other, sacrificing altitude for the chance to get their talons into one another. It didn't matter they'd left the coliseum behind: this was still a fight, and it was nothing if not a pitched one. As they drew closer, Caelia would be able to begin to make out details: one was a great eagle, curiously adorned with warpaint and even more curiously crowned with what looked like moose horns, while its opponent resembled some great airborne reptile of the prehistoric age, beating its leathery wings and letting out throaty warbling in response to its enemy's fierce screeching. The two raptors crashed to earth, wings flapping wildly as they fought both for balance and breathing room away from the slashing talons of one another.

That was when things became very strange.

Out of the swirling dust, where the two flying beasts should have been, leapt instead a scaled, quadrupedal thing, roughly the size of a lion or a tiger, great tusks glinting in the sun as it bellowed a roar of challenge to the brutish mountain lion that followed hot on its heels. The only hints present that these were the same entities at all were the prehistoric nature of one and the retention of the antlers on the other. They snapped their jaws and lashed their great paws at one another in a tangle of scale and fur and blood, rearing up against one another for contests of strength as they clashed... and then changed shape again. This time from the dust came a hulking thing that looked like the offspring of some ancient turtle and a siege engine, its blue-black hide already being scraped by the claws of the hulking brown bear that continued to press its assault. It was hard-fought, but inch by inch, blow by blow, the mammal was beating back the reptile, inch by inch, drop of blood for drop of blood.

The final transformation came on the heels of the bear's claws raking across the face of the great turtle, the shelled beast letting out a groaning cry of pain as it staggered backwards and finally began to assume the shape of something that stood on two feet: a tall and proud form, though its robes were torn and its height was stooped to a bloodied kneeling position. The Zandalari troll looked scarred from many battles long past, doubtless a skilled warrior in his own right, but his cunning and experience had been no match for the raw vigor and brute strength of his opponent in the end, an enormous tauren in leather armor and covered with the fetishes and livery of his tribe... and yes, proudly sporting a set of cresting antlers. "Yield," the tauren demanded in a voice that wasn't heard so much as felt, a deep, rumbling bark that came from somewhere deep in his chest.

Whatever the origins of this contest of strength and honor between the wardruids, the end result was clear to see for all three of them.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552249

File: 1547197499016.png (115.19 KB, 306x284, unamused.png)

>>41552222

>The moment the two women walked into the inn, all eyes were upon them and Gwen could just feel the stares. The faint smile she had quickly vanished and she just did her best to ignore the feeling, grateful that it didn't sound like there were too many people in there that night. She ducked her head down a bit and very carefully made her way over to where the bar was, quickly fishing a few coins from a satchel on her side.


"I would like a room for the night please. Also, a mug of mead and some honeymint tea..."

>The innkeeper snapped himself out of the daze he was in from this oddball pair that had come waltzing into his establishment, especially in regards to Tesya. He quickly set about getting the ordered drinks while Gwen just sat herself on one of the barstools, trying to make herself look as unassuming and small as possible.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552251

>>41552221
>Where Castlle thought he'd feel his fist connect with the captain's jaw, all he felt was open air as the man leans back to avoid the blow. His upper body continues the motion swinging to the left as it comes back forward, a strong left hook connecting with Castelle's ribs while he's still in the air.

It won't be that easy for you, pup!

>The captain followed up his left hook with a straight right towards the monk's chest.

>The first time the monk got his in this brawl and the group of sailors, maintaining a safe distance shouted and jeered.

Ah, Castelle!

Yeah get him Captain! Show him who's boss!hahaha... that's what you get for cheating me out of my money and hitting me

uh John, you're talking to yourself again.

Shut up Charles!

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552263

>>41552249
>Tesya didn't mind all the stares. From the looks of things, while not visible to Gwen, most eyes were on the minotaur instead. She was quick to drink down her mead, knowing well that it likely couldn't get her drunk. She hadn't even sat down yet...

Haha~ That's good mead.

>frankly, she wasn't so sure the barstools here could support her weight, so she was hesitant.


>Ah! There was also that other mission she was on.


Oh, bartender, there is a good man out on the road, a carriage driver. His wheel is broken and he might need some help. Know anyone who might be able to do him a favor?

Castell Rayaki.!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552264

File: 1547317021444.png (694.39 KB, 739x490, I'mgonnamessyouup!.png)

>>41552251

>Castell's fist swung into nothing and his eyes widened, already anticipating the blow that was coming towards him. His eyes narrowed and sharply scanned the burly captain. He was more agile than he seemed, not that he had much time to think about the captain's agility, as while he rose into the air, he felt the hook swing into his ribs, knocking him back down to the ground fast.


>Obviously he was no newbie, he could at least break his fall with some degree of competence. Calling upon his training, Castell manoeuvred his body as he slammed back into the ground, a hand hitting the cobbles beneath him to slow his descent. Making sure the damage was minimal and pulling back up from his downed position quickly, he growled as he eyed up his opponent.


>But his ears twitched, the sound of the crowd mocking him, laughing at him ringing around him. His pupils turned into pinpricks and the growl turned into a snarl, teeth bared and fists clenched. Without even looking at the one who he'd knocked down earlier, he aimed a palm in the direction of his laughter and fired a burning hot ball of yellow ki juuust above his head. Enough to sear his head.


>And that's when he bolted towards the captain once more in a flurry of flying fists ad furious kicks. One after the other, aimed at any part of his body that he could hit. But they were sloppy. A far cry from the distinct martial arts motions that he'd shown only a few moments prior. The onslaught of attacks packed a punch, and the speed was undeniable, but compared to what had been displayed a moment earlier, they'd be a little easier to read.


>But that didn't stop Castell from pushing on and on and on, trying his hardest to bring the huge burly man down, to drown out the jeers with the sound of bruised flesh, until the only sound that was left was his own breathing in stunned silence.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552276

File: 1547363536576.jpg (12.73 KB, 225x225, do you know how hard it is to …)

>>41552223
>The wardruids had little time to mull over the outcome of the fight, as it turned out. Caelia was impressed with the display of prowess, but at the conclusion, she was more than a little... confused. For soldiers in Akros, to fight like this would be punished by whipping, withholding of rations. This was gladiatorial combat for glory; Not for training, but for sport, or some barbaric attempt at gaining renown. So, there were a few scarce seconds where the tauren got to enjoy his victory before a shadow loomed over him, Caelia's stern face baring down at him.
"I believe he is beaten well enough, sir..."
>She turned to the troll, her eyes narrowing.
"And it would be a shame to lose a fighter with such abilities to pride."
>She said, resting her hand on the hilt of her sheathed sword. A longsword to her, but it was nearly fifteen feet and three tons of gleaming forged steel.

Orros!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552288

File: 1547426392881.jpg (106.23 KB, 750x747, 44429527_1939068456161997_7999…)

>>41552276

Their shared reaction was a common and familiar enough one by now; the realization that they were covered in a shadow that hadn't been there in a moment ago, a look to the side to be met by her armored shins, and the long, slow tilt upwards of the head until they finally made eye contact. "... I think the giant has the right idea, Zandalari," the tauren nodded slowly a few beats after Caelia's thinly veiled threat. The troll made to stand, but let out a strangled croak of surprise as a few ropes of the thorny vines that made themselves at home among the cliffs and crags of Orgrimmar reached up, snapping around his throat and squeezing just enough to be a discomfort. "Head straight back to the arena and have a word with Mr. North regarding my prize money," the Highmountain clansman ordered, releasing the fist he had formed to somehow command the local flora into the Zandalari's makeshift bomb collar. "Tell him where to find me, and tell the people of my victory here." A smile crossed his face. "Or you can lie to them or attempt to run, and when I've deduced in an hour your deceit and cowardice, I tighten the noose and we can see if the thorns saw your head from your neck before they finish strangling the life from you." The troll hesitated for a bit, but another soft squeeze of the tauren's hand into a fist tightened the vines and prompted him to hastily reassume the form of the ancient flying reptile.

A few seconds of silence passed as Orros watched the wily old Zandalari soar back over the parapets of Orgrimmar's front gate. "I don't think he would actually have tried to cut and run," he said, not looking back to Caelia just yet, "but the idea of stomaching defeat with dignity is one that is sometimes lost on the desperate... or the needlessly arrogant. Zandalar is nothing if not needlessly arrogant." Finally, he turned to look at her. "I've met a few of the Valarjar in my time," he continued. "They look for all the world like enormous humans, and they claim that it's because of their proximity and value to their gods." He crossed his arms. "Your gods must value you a lot."

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552293

File: 1547441407171.jpg (12.03 KB, 236x354, 1e1a6867a4affb61a462aa02341cab…)

>>41552220
Admirable. Can't say I've met many who openly profess to a god but hold that kind of temperament. Could say you're almost one of a kind.

>Better company than he'd thought, at least for a drink. At least this far out from a city, he hadn't really run into any trouble - it tended to be where you had a large collection of people that things tended to get antsy, but most of the small villages nearby only seemed to have problems like missing sheep or the occasional rogue creature, already taken care of by soldiers or wandering fighters like Jordis.


>Geralt knew there was a city nearby though, maybe that was why the area felt so well protected. Calm, peaceful, but certainly lacking for work from someone like him.


"Hey."
>Unfortunately, less pleasant company had reared its hidden - though likely ugly - head.
"You wanna buy some Bloodthistle?"
>A hooded man had walked up to the bar, taken the seat on his other side and didn't seem as though he was looking to order anything, given his offer.

Any reason why I'd want to?
>He hadn't had the chance to get familiar with the herbs and shrubs of the world yet, and given he was something of a mixer of draughts himself it was better to know what was out there.

"Oh, plenty - brew it up, chew it, smother it into a pipe - you won't get a better feelin-"

>Clearly something nice and addictive, then, given how eager he was to sell it to whoever he could. Not really wanting to deal with it right now, Geralt channeled the small bit of magic he was able to, carving a small triangular rune in the air in front of the man.

You don't want to sell me Bloodthistle.

>The cloaked man hesitated for a second, almost seeming to freeze in place, the smile on his mouth fading to a simple flat line.

"... I don't want to sell you Bloodthistle."
>He said, removing the hand from his pocket.

You want to go home and rethink your life.
"... I want to go home and rethink my life."

>As the man staggered away, almost looking a little drunk, the witcher took another swig of his drink, turning back to the paladin.


Sorry, where were we?

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552295

File: 1547443755327.jpg (8.17 KB, 225x225, casual.jpg)

>>41552288
>Caelia wasn't sure how to take that. She was middling height at the most among her people. Crouching down on one knee, she rested her forearm on her thigh as she regarded the Tauren. He was bigger than most of the smallfolk she met! He came up to her knee. Smiling, she looked at the Zandalar troll, and seemed thoughtful.
"I apologize if I Interfered with a matter of honor. I'm much more used to a more..."
>What word would she use to describe the way the Horde ran it's military? Disjointed? Cacophonous?
"...Organized military force. In Akros, the only reason for two men to fight as you just were would be for grave insult, and even then, the loser would be spared."
>He'd be reduced to a manservant in the winner's house, but he'd be spared. Looking him over, she seemed curious, bending down to get a closer look.
"You don't look like one of the Gjallarhorn of my nation, friend. I am Caelia, of the Akroan Legio..."
>She paused, stopping herself as she looked conflicted.
"Of Theros. You are?"
This post was edited by its author on .

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552296

>>41552263

>Meanwhile Gwen was just carefully sipping at her cup of tea, comforted by the warmth and the soothing taste of the honey mingling with the cool mint leaves. She did allow herself another ghost of a smile as she listened to Tesya, glad that she was able to at least get the helpful minotaur a drink for her troubles. At Tesya's statement, the bartender looked at her in surprise before turning towards a couple of patrons also seated at the bar.


"Think you two can go handle it?"

"Yeah, not a problem. Thanks for letting us know ma'am."

>With that, the two left to go help out the old carriage driver, the bartender giving Tesya a grin and a little nod in thanks. Gwen herself had finally finished off her tea and gave out a sigh as she gently pushed the cup away.


"I suppose we will be going our separate ways come morning. Where does your next adventure take you Miss Tesya?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552302

>>41552293

>Jordis blinks a bit having seen that guy come in and approach, she raised a broww


Pretty sure he's been kicked out of here before...

>She shrugs a bit, taking note of the magic and nodding briefly to herself

>She never really expected any sorts of fights or real conflict with Geralt becoming a problem but it was always important to note abilities, just in case

>Spacing out for the briefest of moments, she shook her head


Oh um, right, I completely lost track, something about there not being a lot like me

>She'd wave her hand and let out a sort sigh


I mean, the same could be said for you from the tiniest bit I'm seeing

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552304

File: 1547553562992.png (3.48 MB, 2893x3673, patches comm tesya.png)

>>41552296
>now finally able to relax, Tesya hummed.

No idea. I usually check the job board for tasks. Can range anywhere from helping out with heavy lifting or acting as a bit of a sellsword.

>she said, punching her fist into her hand with a loud thump.

>with muscles like hers, it was no surprise people would want her for those types of jobs.

As long as I'm not doing anything evil, I can take up a quest!

Orros!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552319

>>41552295

If there was anything the smallfolk around here seemed to have in common with each other, it was taking pleasure in introducing themselves. The tauren puffed his chest out a bit, his grin wide. "Orros Stonehide of the Highmountain, warbrave of Thunder Totem!" He let the act drop a bit after the necessary ceremoniousness, though. "It wasn't so much a matter of honor as a manner of coin, so no need to apologize to me," the bull explained. "The troll thought age was everything in a fight, and I showed him otherwise; now all that remains is to see if the fine men and women of the arena send me my earnings for providing part of their day's entertainment, and I'll consider the matter settled."

He shrugged and paused, looking past Caelia as best as he was able to take better stock of her campsite. "I've traveled a long way since leaving Highmountain," he admitted, finally returning his attention to her, "but I don't know Theros. Are you and yours with the Horde as well, then?"

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552330

>>41552264
Aaah! My haiiir!

>While John was rolling around on the ground lamenting the loss of most of his hair now the rest of the crew decided it was time to just shut up and let the two men fight.


>And fight they did. Castell's wild flurry of blows was meant to overwhelm to the Captain but as the larger man's body sways left to right, rapidly moving in a figure eight as he lowered his stance, the monk found it very difficult to actually land a blow on him.


You're getting sloppy boy!

>It was then that he started his counter attack, alternating between left and right hooks that used the whole weight of his body as he continued his odd movement. Each blow was came hard and fast, making them that much more difficult to defend against.


>Sherry, having watched carefully as the fight progressed started to grow concerned for this safety of her own bodyguard. She had dragged him into this and now...

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552331

File: 1547661996191.png (397.56 KB, 652x490, Bruised.png)

>>41552330

>Fist and foot flew wide, the burly captain's defence surprisingly competent and effective. Castell hadn't the mind to think much beyond that as he was subjected to the shocking mixture of offence and defence. The red fog clouded his vision, and all that he could think of was felling his opponent, to wipe that smug smirk off of his face and leave him beaten on the ground.


>Every hook that sank into him was barely blocked, more absorbed into Castell's body as the monk desperately continued his assault, which got slower and slower, until after enough hooks, he ground to a halt, teeth clenched and eyes wild as he had to retreat for now, arms and upper body bruised and stinging from the attack. Castell's mouth set as he spat onto the ground.


I'd rather be getting sloppy than be born sloppy like you.

>Raising his hands up once more, shakily, in a defensive stance, he glared at the captain. Shaking with frustration and the pain, he almost lurched forward in another attack...but seemingly thought better of it. Remaining where he was.


...Ma'am. It would probably be best for you to run. I can deal with these scumbags while you get out of here.

>Even as the white hot shame of his words began to crawl through his body, Castell stayed resolute. His first priority was always his client, and if victory wasn't assured...Then they came first. Even then, he couldn't admit it. His pride wouldn't allow anything less than teaching these bilge rats the meaning of pain.


>So he never dared to mention the unease that rolled through his gut as the captain towered over him, with his motley crew only a few moments behind him.

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552340

File: 1547688436602.jpg (100.24 KB, 624x574, Havin a sit.jpg)

>>41552319
>So she'd been right. It had been a matter of getting paid... well, if this was the kind of man that took to fighting for coin, he was exactly what she was looking for. She smiled at him, further lowering herself by seating herself in the dust with a palpable rumbling as she plopped down. Crossing legs and bending down, her head was almost on the level as his.
"Theros is for itself. It is to the north of Northrend, and it is a united nation of Jotun. They do not take sides, other than their own. I personally am from Akros, the border town that bars passage to the rest of the kingdom... Naturally, the archtraitor has been keen on getting in."
>She steeled her eyes, and a growl came to her voice as bile rose in her throat.
"The mountains will break before Akros does... not that I think he will take your city easily either. I've been here for a few days, and I have to say I'm impressed, even if it is not the military strategy I am used to.
>She said, gesturing to the city of Orgrimmar, then her own meager campsite. She seemed to be momentarily homesick, her eyes falling before she brightened up once again.
"I am on a mission to help my people, you see..."
>Though the look of mixed longing and resentment on her face told a more complicated story. Looking to him, she raised an eyebrow.
"What leads you here?"

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552344

File: 1547692399092.png (728.91 KB, 815x722, content.png)

>>41552304

"You're a good person, Miss Tesya. Honestly, this world could use more types like you, especially considering current events..."

>Gwen really didn't want to say it outloud, but she was all too aware of the things that were happening in the world at large and while it did just fuel her usually somber mood, it also made her want to work even harder as a healer. Someone had to be there for the ones that were willing to put their lives at risk and keep them going to fight another day against the forces of evil. As Gwen thought on this, she snapped her fingers and started rifling around in another satchel she had attached to her belt, finally fishing out what looked to be a potion bottle. She then held this out to Tesya with a gentle smile on her face.


"Here. I know it's not much, but this should come in handy when you head back out there on your travels."

Orros!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552347

>>41552340

The lands around Orgrimmar never seemed to get more temperate than a bit of humidity if you were lucky, but Orros could have sworn he felt a drop of at least a few degrees at the mere mention of that much-maligned land and the oft-cursed cancer that had rooted himself into it. Perhaps it was nothing more than the chill that ran up his spine despite all his best efforts.

"If Akros has held, then it has far more to be proud of than many other nations I could name," he grunted, though he tactfully chose not to name any of them. "I was given permission by my chieftain, Mayla Highmountain, to travel the world and see what the Horde had to teach me, if anything, and what I could give the Horde in return." He let out a bark of laughter, a sound that, from his rumbling bass, was an explosion of guttural mirth. "And to see if I can give the Scourge more than a bloody nose while I'm at it!" He sobered a bit after that, however, mulling over something she'd said. "Sounds like we at least share something of a common cause in that," the tauren said after a moment. "During my journey to the mainland, I shared space with one of the Forsaken- a very surly fellow, even for one of them. Spent most of his time squatting in the corner, hating all and being hated by all. He shared a rumor with me from his home, however." Orros tapped his head. "Far in the east- the place the humans call the Plaguelands- the Banshee Queen's spies tell her that the Lich King is stirring from his long sleep; one of his necropolises is on the move." He shook his head. "I have no idea what could possibly interest his black heart all the way out there, and if anyone does know, they certainly didn't deign to share it with whoever gabbed to my choleric undead friend."
This post was edited by its author on .

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552348

>>41552344
Haha~ Thanks, I try, I try. My father taught me well.

>she said, rubbing the back of her head, looking bashful; a contrast to her huge muscular appearance.

>taking the potion from her, she rubbed, taking a look at it.

A healing draught?

>she asked, assuming what it might be. She had grown to tell what a potion would be just by the color and viscosity.

>Most of the time she was right.

I am very grateful for your gift.

>she said with her usual upbeat attitude. giving Gwen a pat on the shoulder; a bit hard, but thankfully not enough to knock her down or break her shoulder.


Hope you stay safe! Hope to meet more people on my travels.
This post was edited by its author on .

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552368

File: 1547770862762.jpg (181.06 KB, 1280x720, tumblr_p052nfLRAX1skdbiao5_128…)

>>41552331
>The Captain didn't even retort, he only smirked as he get ready to put an end to this fight.

<" It would probably be best for you to run."


Castell...

>It would have been a good idea to run, she had no fighting skills at all and any one of those brutes could overpower her easily, were she alone she would have done just that. Sherry was many things, an airhead, a gambling addict, bad with money in general, a bit naive, and had a weak grasp on what was considered acceptable public attire, but one thing she was not was someone who'd abandon someone to save her own hide.


>While she couldn't fight, but there was one thing she could do; and that was dance. Dance like someone else's life might depend on it. And as she twirled and swayed her body, ribbons of inky blackness danced around her as well hugging her curves closely as they coiled loosely around her.


>It wasn't just for display either as clouds of darkness manifested over the eyes of the crew and their captain, a phenomena that clearly caught then off guard and implied they "saw" more then just black mist obscuring their view as the lesser men there quickly flew into a bumbling panic as the blindly stumbled around.


Aaaaaah!! The bugs! They're trying to crawl into my eyes!!

No! Bad kitty! Go away, go awaaaay!!

>The captain however, managed to keep a grip though he was still very much blind.


What is this!? Is that woman a witch?! I'll have her on a cross when I'm done with you!

>He quickly too a swing, but it was far off the mark as he was no longer able to see his target, this gave Castell the chance he needed to get the fight back in his favour.

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552376

File: 1547825726667.png (1.4 MB, 1623x1079, TAKETHIS!.png)

>>41552368

>The Captain's smirk in response drew another growl out, another half a step forward like a threat from a chained dog as Castell fought his urges, maintaining his position. He heard Sherry's murmured response and silently prayed that she would take the chance to run, that she'd leave. They probably wouldn't get to kill him in time, and then he'd only have to deal with the shame of biting off more than he could chew with a gang and getting beaten to near death.


>Only...


>Fortunately for Castell though, he wouldn't even have to face that. He couldn't see Sherry dance, or the black ribbons that hugged her as she moved...But he could definitely see the fog that wrapped around the eyes of the crew of sailors. Castell's eyes widened and he stared at them panicking and stumbling around while in their blinding state, before turning to Sherry.


You...

>He trailed off, eyes caught by her dance. And what a dance. Movement so fluid you could pour a pint of it, the otherwordly darkness that spun around her accentuating every inch of her form...And affecting their foes. He pulled his eyes away from her reluctantly, and back to the captain, the only one still standing.


For a sailor, you have a very narrow view of the world. That's fine, that means you can't see what I'm about to do to you.

>He dived forward, leaping into the air and launching a hard drop kick into the head of the captain, sending him stumbling backwards and bowling over what remained of his crew. Tapping back onto the ground, the white fire surged around Castell as he began to chant under his breath.


>His legs apart, his back straight and firm, Castell held his hands at shoulder level, palms facing outwards. Almost at once, the wind seemed to kick up, whirling around the area in a display of force, while blue light was drawn from the air and into Castell's palms. Spinning his arms clockwise and bringing them together, right hand at 6 and left at 12, the blue light that was drawn into them began to coalesce as Castell cupped his hands around the blue ball that was starting to form.


>He drew it down to his waist, still muttering underneath his breath as the blue light seemed to dwindle and dwindle, until the crackling of power in the air was just contained by the ball between Castell's hands.


HAAAAAAA!

>And he brought it forward. Opening his hands as he forced them out, the ball surged forward into a beam of blue light. It crashed into the crew with tremendous, powerful force, carrying them along the alleyway. Castell wrenched his hands upward and the beam redirected, surging into the sky and disappearing, leaving the sailors to crash against the cobblestones.


>Castell's hands dropped from the blast, and he panted, wiping his forehead as he glared over at the now unconscious crew.


>...Damn, he wished he had a smart line to say now.

GwenaelleCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552409

File: 1547943872807.png (165.07 KB, 225x350, happy.png)

>>41552348

>Gwen gave her new minotaur friend a gentle smile and a firm nod at her question, silently wishing she had at least one more she could give Tesya.


"I do apologize, it might be a little bitter, but it does do its work. Maybe someday I can figure out a way to make potions taste better without losing too much of the magical properties to the ingredients in them. And it's really no problem at all, you helped me out a great deal by getting me here and I really appreciate that.

>She flinched a bit at the sudden pat on her shoulder, mostly caught off guard by it, but despite that it still managed to get a rare laugh out of her.


"And I hope the same for you as well! It was nice to meet you and I hope you find interesting things in your travels. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other again sometime."

Tesya!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552415

File: 1547948986836.png (3.48 MB, 2893x3673, patches comm tesya.png)

>>41552409
Don't worry, I've drank enough fortification potions and healing potions in my life to withstand the taste.

>some brewers would even add things like honey and sugar to make it taste better.

>this more often than not made the potion worse in effect.

I too hope to see you again.

>she said, taking a drink of her mead.


A toast to our future endeavors!

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552422

File: 1547952826255.png (270.99 KB, 312x616, tumblr_pk2ez7GLZF1qgv2rbo2_500…)

>>41552302
Oh, there are plenty like me, I'm sure - blades looking for coin. Benevolence is the rarer thing, no matter what land I seem to go to.

>At least he could drink in peace now - or would have, if he'd had any left. Seems he'd gotten through the mead faster than expected. Tempted though he was for another, overstaying one's welcome was as surefire a way to get into trouble as any.


Given that you're the first of all I've met to offer me a drink, it says a lot about how most would treat outsiders - or about my lack of coin... can't quite say either have fared well, but it's nothing new.

>Placing the empty mug at the far side of the bar and taking a moment to stretch his shoulders a little, the chainlinks in his armour clinking a little, Geralt couldn't help but feel an odd familiarity with his current circumstances despite the rather intense change of locale. Maybe people were mostly the same regardless of what world they lived in, at least in the important ways.


... this might seem a little out of the blue, but you don't happen to know a place where mages tend to gather, do you?

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552429

File: 1547960603560.jpg (133.53 KB, 960x540, glitz.jpg)

>>41552347
>Caelia's eyes immediately narrowed at the mention of the Forsaken. She'd recently picked up a very well deserved opinion of the undead, and they were low on her list of creatures to trust. She was immediately suspicious of the information when she learned where it came from, but knowing that they both shared the same goal, she chose to believe the first tip she'd gotten in weeks.
"In that case, it seems I will be making pace for the plaguelands. I'd hoped to recruit a few more hopefuls to the cause, but I will not wait for the blind to see."
>She said, heaving herself to her feet as she turned to start the stride back to her camp. A few dozen paces for her, a few hundred yards sprint for Orros, though she could easily be heard even there.
"It's good to hear he's finally out of his damned tower. I'll kill him myself, if need be."
>She said, her voice full of venom as she began to take down the campsite and pack. She'd need to pick up the garment she'd ordered, but past that, she should be good on supplies. Looking back to Orros, she gave a smirk.
"If you're looking to give the Scourge a bloody nose, you're welcome to come with me. There's plenty of blood on the trail I'm walking."

Orros!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552430

>>41552429

If his laugh had been a bark before, then his response to Caelia's invitation was an outright roar of it. It rolled across the dusty red plains and bounced off the craggy cliffs that had shielded Orgrimmar from its enemies these long years. "The surly old corpse didn't say anything about the bastard king himself, but maybe we can trounce enough of his mindless slaves to get his attention!" he boasted, heavy hoofsteps thudding dully against the red, densely-packed dust of the land the Horde called home as he trudged along behind his new friend. Whether or not his new friend would have anything to say to his last commend would have to wait, however.

Their twin set of earth-rumbling strides were at stark odds with the scuttling of chitinous, pointed legs that carried Hazshara out of the city's front gates, a shawl pulled firmly around her humanoid upper half to keep the dust at bay and her scorpid claws firmly clamped onto the biggest wrapped bundle that most of the guards at the gate had ever laid eyes on; if it weren't for the beeline the seamstress was making for the giantess' campsite, she almost certainly would have been asked a few questions about what the hell she was carrying and why she was in such a hurry to get it out of Orgrimmar. As things stood, however, she was allowed to pass through unmolested, and the scorpinoid waved her free hand in the direction of the newly formed duo to get their attention- as if she needed any more help to stand out than her lower half already lent her.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552435

File: 1548003702414.png (76.52 KB, 256x243, excited.png)

>>41552376
>The crew could hear the beam being charged up and fired, but there was little any of them could do other then panic and crash into one another in a literal blind attempt to escape. But such hopes were dashed as their Captain careened into them and pinned them all down long enough for Castell to finish up the job.

>Even over the thunderous sound of the beam, the captain managed to shout his last works towards the monk before he and his crew were knocked out of commission.


This isn't over boooooooooooooooooooooy!!!

>But it was, he and his crew now lay in a heap on the far end of the alley where they would do no more harm for now.


>Sherry was in awe of the sight, so much that she stopped dancing to witness it. Once the light show was over, she ran over to him with a big sunny smile on her face.


Castell that was amazing! I didn't know someone could do that!

>What were they feeding the monks at his temple? Where could she get some? A light show like that would be perfect for some of her performances!

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552437

File: 1548004983542.jpg (16.08 KB, 236x368, Charming smile.jpg)

>>41552430
>She nodded at that. It'd have to be enough. As she packed up, he'd notice that from beneath the bedroll she'd pick up a long package wrapped in oiled, embossed leather, tied in red cord. A far cry from the travel worn and practical appearance of everything else she carried. He'd only see it for a second, before it got put into the long sheath on her back along with her spear. Everything else got tossed into a heavy rucksack over her shoulder. Everything packed up and done in under a few minutes. So engrossed she was in the task, she didn't look to see Hazshara until she could hear the clicking of legs.
"I have to admit... the thought of giving his dogs a kicking does bring a smile to my face."
>She said, standing up before she wrenched the giant shield out of the wall. Truly, of the whole ensemble, the shield had to be the most impressive part of it. Twenty feet of beaten bronze, polished to a shine like the rising sun, and so heavy even she seemed to acknowledge the weight. Standing up, she noticed the sound of clicking legs before she recognized Hazshara, and turned around to discover the source. Once she realized who it was, she beamed, putting the rucksack down as she bent down to welcome the newcomer.
"Orros, this is Hazshara, the tailor I hired. Hazshara, this is Orros, a druid. I take it the work went well?

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552442

File: 1548011826957.jpg (89.64 KB, 649x636, Ohdear.jpg)

>>41552435

>It was done.


>Castell sighed a very relieved sigh as he put his hands on his knees, bent over double while the distant sound of shoes against cobbles grew louder and louder. Right, the ki wave was loud, it'd definitely attract attention...Attention that Castell reaaallly didn't want right now. So instead, they'd get out of here.


>Pulling himself up to his full height as Sherry excitably ran up to him with that same sunny smile, Castell reached out and grabbed her hand, a weary smile on his face.


You think that's impressive, you wait and see when I get real serious, but for now, we need to go, ma'am. Any questions from the guard would take too long...

>The unconscious sailors and the gambling paraphernalia should be enough to keep them busy, as long as they weren't still there when it happened. As if to add further incentive before the two of them ran off, after the hubbub of people started to trickle into the alleyway, Castell leaned in close and whispered to her.


They probably wouldn't be too pleased about your winnings either...

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552448

>>41552422

Other than the freelancers working for a couple of the guilds, not really in this town, but two towns over, in Rongburry, there's a Mage's College, my broth-.
>She pauses and seems to think for a moment...
..sis...
>Yet more thought, before a tried sigh,

sibling, Jean, studies there.
>She rubs her chin briefly, her ears flattening against her head

Mrmm, anything else you need to know? I probably shouldn't dwell her too much longer, need my rest

Moose and Scorpion!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552457

>>41552437

Hazshara looked at Orros with a flash of... not quite recognition, but with connecting two pieces of a previously mysterious issue. "Well, that explains that," she declared. "Never had a Zandalari ask me for a favor before," the scorpid mused, reaching into her shawl and retrieving a purse that full to bursting with gold and silver pieces. She tossed it roughly in the direction of the Highmountain tauren, who had only been distracted from the mystery of what was in that carefully tied package by the jingle of coin hard earned and indirectly delivered. "Charmed, Hazshara," he said to the new arrival, catching the fat bag in one enormous palm and putting it straight into his rucksack.

The druid was a bit surprised at the roundabout solution his stint in the arena had come to, honestly, but he had his winnings and his word was his word; with a twitch of his mind and a short call to the wild, one lucky troll in Orgrimmar found himself short one thorny noose. He returned his attention to the conversation in time to see Hazshara nodding happily in response to the question Caelia had posed to her.

"Extraordinarily!" the scorpinoid chirped, her second and more industrial set of limbs hefting the bundle up to the giant for her to inspect. "No shortage of material to work with, even for the... er-hem, the expanse of the order, and all trimmed and dried with a care for the quality of the hides that I, frankly, rarely get to see in these parts." She scoffed. "The orcs might believe in using every part of the buffalo, but battleaxes make for poor skinning knives."

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552462

File: 1548036742740.jpg (436 KB, 1920x2716, full body.jpg)

>>41552457
>Taking the bundle, Caelia seemed overjoyed for the first time since she'd gotten to Orgrimmar. With all the joy of a girl with a new summer dress, she unrolled it to see what she'd been given, and beamed. Akros left so little time for frivolities, that the little comforts like this were all the sweeter. The double stitched leather doublet was fashioned out of the hides in a scale pattern, rather than some sort of horrid enormous quilted garment. A row of metal buttons and leather corded loops let it fasten snugly over her chest, and the in built corset would finally give the girls some comfort and rest. The interior was even lined with the furs, for comfort and warmth!
>Hazshara might not of known it, but it was the most indulgent article of clothing that Caelia had ever laid eyes on. The stunned look on her face told everyone she had no idea how to feel.
".... I thank you, Hazshara. It is magnificent."
>It was a shirt. But, it was Caelia's shirt, and the way the great brass breastplate was feverishly torn off to see how it looked told a story of gratitude all it's own. The thin cloth undershirt she had looked travelworn, stained by blood and Scourge ichor, and thin enough it left next to no modesty. Luckily, the modesty dropped to zero, as she took that off. The only thing keeping any prying eyes away was her thought to turn around. Luckily the new garment came on and fit perfectly, and she was eager to turn about, looking at herself from every angle in the reflection of the shield. Seems the callous soldier did have a soft side...
"It is far more comfortable than I ever could have imagined! You say it will not catch fire?"
>She asked, enthralled.

Moose and Scorpion!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552463

>>41552462

Well, that was new for all present.

While Hazshara stared flabbergasted at Caelia's brazen disregard for any sort of decency or social contract and Orros pursed his lips and tried to find something in the middle distance to hold his interest with an expression between surprised and lackadaisical, there was a brief pause before a scattered cheer went up in the distance from whichever guards on the Orgrimmar wall happened to be paying attention to that odd little encampment down the road from their capital. "I'm... I'm glad you like it!" the tailor beamed, however, somewhat shaken from her alarm by the flattery. Orros amused himself with counting his coins, content to let the womenfolk do their thing, such as the scorpinoid nodding in response to the giant's last question.

"I would advise against taking a dip with the Firelord," Hazshara said, her claws tapping together to scratch the itch of indulging in a nervous tic while Caelia got dressed, the back of her mind already wondering how many rags she could make out of that discarded undergarment to sell to kobold or yordle engineers at marked-up rates under the guise of 'durably superior Northrend cloth,' "but Silvermoon's suncasters wouldn't be able to do much against you except ask that you at least step on them quickly and get it over with if they ever got on your bad side!"

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552486

File: 1548127297769.jpg (319.5 KB, 1920x1357, Ready.jpg)

>>41552463
>Caelia was unsure why the garment garnered applause, but she was glad to see Hazshara's talent recognized! Tugging it down and letting the fit settle, she admired her reflection for a bit longer before she was done. Bending down, she collected the armor and donned it once more, the breastplate fastening into place as she began to buckle on bracers and pauldrons.
"Well, I'm happy to hear I've finally found a garment I can take into environments I'd be comfortable in. It's high time to test them out. Orros had just given me news that the Scourge moves in the Plaguelands. I have not yet drummed up any support for my own mission, so I'm off as soon as my things are gathered..."
>There was a beat as she looked down at them with a prideful smile... before realizing she'd miss Hazshara. Orros was a like mind to hers, but she'd just met him.
"You're... welcome to come, if you'd like. There'll be plenty enough glory for everybody."
>She said, sounding like it was a truly enticing offer.

Dakotadormi!spider/BSYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552488

File: 1548128394843.jpg (85.12 KB, 600x600, artbykoyorin.jpg)

>>41552171
"Actually, I can't anymore. New policy that Upper Management put in place after... Well, spoilers."
>Even though her smile broadened, there was a sadness to her eyes.
>For a moment, she looked distant. Focusing on something not really there.
>She opened her mouth to say something, only to close it again. Whatever the Bronze didn't want to say, it was weighing on her.
>Maybe her Flight was going through troubles of its own.

>She pushed whatever it was out of her mind to meet Baraquiel with another smile.

"And I suppose they all had a say in it, yes? The mothers, the kids, they wanted to be 'recruited?'"
>A small sigh escaped her as she leaned back, already knowing the answer.
"You know he has dragons of his own, right? The remains of the Blues unfortunate enough to be caught in his path."
>An eyebrow quirked as she continued, her voice dropping low again. The growing rowdiness of the surrounding bar helped to keep their conversation private.
"I can't tell you what Will Be or Won't Be. I can tell you, however, what he's likely to do. And if you storm the Citadel, it wouldn't be like torching a few zombies before calling it a night. He'd respond in kind - and he has a skeletal flight under his thrall. You--"

>She stopped herself short. With a slow blink, a smile, and a soft sigh she dialed back a bit.


"... I'm not here to debate the morality or the effectiveness of what you're doing. I'm here because..."

>She chewed the words in her mouth before speaking again, as though she were taste-testing them first.


"... Because you plan on doing it alone. It's one thing to be the big damn hero storming the castle, it's another thing to do so and live to tell the tale.
We've had far too much bloodshed in this timeline for my tastes. I want you to live, Diogoryyn. Hell, I want as many people to live as possible. Light willing, not only will we take down the Citadel, we'll all live to see the next day. But no one can do that alone."
>Her gaze, now affixed to Diogo fully, softened a bit.
"That's why I'm here. If we're to win, we need everyone working together on this one. And you're a piece of that puzzle.

I'm putting together a team - the Ashen Verdict. I'd like you to be a key part of it."
This post was edited by its author on .

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552501

File: 1548176221048.jpg (136.39 KB, 492x718, 54909405_p0.jpg)

>>41552442
>The mention of the guard and her winnings caused the smile to vanish from her face.

Alright, let's get outta here before they show up then.

>She didn't wait for him to take the lead though, she gripped his hand and practically dragged him out back onto the streets to blend in with the crowd once more. It was only afterwards that she allowed herself to slow down.


Still, I didn't know anyone other then magic users could pull something off like that. What exactly do you *learn* at that Temple?

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552504

File: 1548183822753.png (480.75 KB, 606x489, Confused.png)

>>41552501

>He should have known that he wouldn't have been able to take the lead. It took barely a second for Sherry to start dragging him along past the crowd and back into the market. Castell was barely keeping pace, air forced through his lungs sharply without any time to rest from firing off the powerful energy wave.


>So, breathing sharply and following gingerly on bruised legs, Castell tried to keep up with the energetic dancer, which already felt more natural than he cared to admit...


Its, not magic...Ki. Similar but it's a different source.

>He wheezed out in explanation as they started to slow down, once they'd put a respectable distance between them and the alleyway. Catching his breath, Castell took the opportunity to breathe in deeply, looking up at Sherry.


We learn all sorts really...How to use your own ki to alter the body, perform stunts like that, or at least, that's what one of them does. It'd take too long to explain it all...

>He pulled himself back up to his full height, cracking his shoulders and wincing as he massaged his shoulder joint, turning back to his employer.


...Let's find an inn or something. I need a bath. And some food.

Moose and Scorpion!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552512

>>41552486

Hazshara's eyes practically bugged out of her skull when she heard where they were planning to go, so at least they didn't have much further to bug out when she received an invitation to follow them there herself. "The Plaguelands?" she parroted, taking a moment to draw a deep breath and try to stop her tail from twitching in slight lashing motions just from the averse reaction she'd had to the name. "You... you know why they call it that, right?" she asked carefully, leveling her gaze with Caelia's. Orros, meanwhile, snorted. "Even the Forsaken didn't seem particularly thrilled at the prospect of possibly having to be shipped out there. If anyone has a grudge against Arthas, it's their queen." Hazshara's foul mood redoubled on itself. "Oh good, we're going there on the word of a Forsaken!" she bemoaned, but only took her attention off of the giant for a moment in the middle of her caterwauling.

"They call it the Plaguelands because that's the heart of where the Lich King solidified his power base," she answered her own question for Caelia helpfully. "Stormwind wasn't always the human capital; hell, the orcs have burned it to the ground once before! It's only the biggest because that's the last kingdom humanity has outside of..." The scorpinoid trailed off. Where else did they have? "I don't know. Rotan?" She brushed it off. "It's a cesspit now. Nothing grows there that isn't touched by undeath. The areas that aren't completely claimed by zombies or abominations are outposts or holdouts that have to constantly worry about their barricades being overrun in the night. Good luck getting a drink of water that doesn't have to be thrice-blessed by the Light so you don't have to worry about it turning you inside out. Literally." She threw her hands up. "Why would Arthas want to go back there? There's nothing there but a desecrated hellscape he could start his own Black Crusades from, and even that wouldn't be safe! For him! The bastard that made the damn place." She punched her fist into her palm. "The only, only place refugees have is Light's Hope: the Silver Hand paladins don't give a damn about Alliance or Horde or whatever, all they care about is being the only damn bastion against that cancer that's rotting the Eastern Kingdoms from the inside out. It's the single greatest concentration of holy warriors and consecrated arms, armaments, and land left on Sylvestrun; if Arthas really is moving his forces, he's doing it right next door to the most realistic threat he still faces."

There was a long, pregnant pause before Hazshara realized that, without even meaning to do it, she'd placed all the pieces of the puzzle together without even noticing there had been a puzzle in front of her.

"Son of a bitch."
This post was edited by its author on .

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552528

File: 1548268295917.png (76.52 KB, 256x243, excited.png)

>>41552504
Ki... I see.

>She'll save the asking for a more in depth explanation for later. Getting Castell to the inn to recuperate after that brawl was the priority.


Where I'm preforming tonight is close by. We'll get there and get you rested up proper. With the winnings I got we'll be able to have a feast *and* a the best room in the building!!

>With all the money she won they've be set for a while even if she wasn't going to dance tonight! So why not spend on the best things they can get?!

Geralt Of Rivia!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552530

File: 1548269916036.png (114.05 KB, 300x300, tumblr_pk7uk98uBf1qfwb05o4_400…)

>>41552448
Damn it, Yen, you couldn't have made this simple.

>Muttering to himself over his own problems, he couldn't even begin to think of where the right place to look might be. You'd think he'd have been dropped off close by, but with no obvious mage nearby he'd started to think even she didn't really want to settle this debt, proxy or otherwise.


No, I know how that is. Ought to retire myself, it's been a long month. Rongburry, though... I'll take a look, thanks. Guessing I'll be able to spot them easily enough?

>He made a gesture to his head with a hand, putting it in the rough shape of an ear to suggest what he was getting at. After all, it did make for a fairly obvious trait, and it helped to have people who might have reason to point him in the right direction.

Jordis Gnadig!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552531

File: 1548271018300.png (286.83 KB, 519x700, 9dadbb07f728591eabedf874e9d8b0…)

>>41552530

Ah, well maybe, but there are a couple other Reinart in that town, you'll recognize Jean because they're like 4'7, blonde and are probably the only person in town you'll see in town flipping between sexes on a frequent basis.

>She rubs the back of her head as she looks over herself to make sure she had all her things ready to go and didn't drop anything


They're the older sibling but they're shorter than me, but you'll be able to tell them apart from other because we have the same emerald hued eyes

>She then mumbles

well unless you meet them while they're feeling frisky.

and one tip of advice if you want to ask Jean for help once you're there: try to stick to the college where they're required to behave

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552534

File: 1548276901979.png (397.88 KB, 728x488, Ifthisbitchdon'tshutthefuckup.…)

>>41552528

>Castell didn't quite answer, though distantly something told him he probably should have. Instead he just nodded, letting her carry him along to wherever Sherry was performing that night...


>~~~TIMESKIP~~~~


>Where Sherry was performing that night, ended up being a small inn more on the outskirts of Voehn. Time had long since eroded the sign that hung out the front, but that didn't matter because everybody who'd been there knew it by the same name. The Five Minutes Inn. Cosy, homely, comfortable, three words that all who stayed there sang with glee when they left, the kind of place where hours upon ours could comfortably pass like it was merely five minutes. Truly a testament to the inn keeper and his staff that such a place would feel so.


>It was in such an inn that Sherry had shown her amazing dancing skills to the patrons, and the crowd had never been more eager to part with coin at the sight than they had been before now. Castell had kept a watchful eye of course, making sure that none of them behaved improperly...But he'd had little to worry about on a night such as tonight. He'd sat there with his bowl of somen and his toppings, watched Sherry do her work, and occasionally shoot a glare at some of the more excitable ones. Frankly, he was glad that he was more focused on the food and the patrons, at least for the night...It meant he hadn't found himself staring unabashedly at his client.


>And now that the night was over, they found themselves in their room, the closest thing to a Master Suite that the Five Minutes had. A warm, earthy looking room, fairly large and impressive compared to a general offering. What really set this room apart, aside from the extra single bed tucked away in a corner, was that it had access to a personal bath in a room adjacent and rather upsettingly for Castell, there was an ice bucket containing a bottle of champagne.


>For now though, rather than worry about that, Castell was sat on his bed, removing his travel belongings from his pack and occasionally glancing over at his companion and their earnings for tonight. Fortunately they'd actually managed to hold onto some of it, so hopefully it'd actually last them for the journey going forward. Finishing off unpacking his toiletries and other miscellaneous items, Castell turned over to look at Sherry.


It seems an impressive earning, ma'am. Well earned, of course.

>He'd seen enough of her dancing out of the corner of his eye to know that he would absolutely have paid to see it...

CaeliaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552558

File: 1548372027001.jpg (143.32 KB, 1280x720, Brighttomorrow.jpg)

>>41552512
>Caelia took in the information given to her and mulled it over... and as she did, she grinned. This would be her Thermopylae; She would go to this Light's hope, and she would hold the line there. The Lich King would come to her, and it would be there that he would fall. Finally, she laughed, the sound bright, cheerful, and loud enough to rattle the stones at Hazshara's feet.
"That's perfect then, Hazshara, but you've mistaken yourself about something."
>Taking her spear from where she'd sunk it into the dirt, she ripped it out of the bedrock and stood to her full height.
"I am the most realistic threat he faces."
>She said, before she used her free hand to open her rucksack. She didn't have the paper to write up a wanted poster for the board, but she did have sacks full of smallfolk coin...
"I ask you as friends to join me on this quest. If my friendship, and promise of glory is not enough, then I would ask as as a captain, and you as my mercenaries"
>And with that, two sacks of pieces hit the ground, each with a mix of copper, silver, and gold pieces. She had no idea how much was in there, but it was half of what she had... She seemed confident, but she was pensive, nervous. In the Legion, it had been her command. She'd led because she was fit to do so. Here, she was unsure of the customs, and culture. She was simply trying to do what she knew best to work.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552562

File: 1548393024623.png (268.08 KB, 500x732, __mata_hari_fate_grand_order_a…)

>>41552534
>Sherry sat at the table in her casual wear, a shirt and shorts parts that ironically covered more of her body then what she normally wore in public. She happily hummed to herself as she counted the days earnings and split the payment between them.

Ever last coin~!

>She included the winnings from the illegal gambling towards their earnings as well. Between that and the coin from the performance tonight, the dancer and monk had quite a bit of coin for the long journey. Soon, she spit the pile into two equal halves, gathered her half up in her Bag of Holding.


There we go. Everything we made today, split fifty fifty~

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552594

File: 1548454550590.png (379.64 KB, 728x490, Sadface.png)

>>41552562

>Castell pulled up from his bed as Sherry counted their earnings out, walked over to where she sat, and picked up his pile. Counting through his own coin under his breath, Castell once more split the pile into half. One half went back into his travel pack, while the other remained loose on the bed.


>Reaching into his travel pack, he extracted a much smaller bag. He deposited the coins into the smaller container, which was marked with an odd looking symbol, and with a few quick motions of his hands, the bag suddenly emptied, to what sounded like a chime from a woodwind instrument. Castell turned around and began to rest against the back of his bed, staring up at the ceiling while he thought.


...I apologise for the display earlier. It was unsightly of a Mugen representative to behave in such a way, never mind my inability to properly guard you.

>Castell frowned as he spoke, the earlier difficulty still playing on his mind. Damn sailors. It made him look bad in front of his employer. Sherry hadn't exactly mentioned much about that hideous ordeal, and honestly if he could have gotten away with it...He would too. But it was part of the 'Code of Honour' or whatever that had been bashed into him since he'd joined. It made him...uncomfortable, if he didn't at least mention it.


>Even if he wasn't entirely sorry about the trash talk.


You're always welcome to seek out another of our rank, if you so desire.

Moose and Scorpion!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552622

>>41552558

Hazshara was uncomfortable. That much was obvious. Something about the Scourge scared her, badly, and whatever it was was making her very reluctant to go any further, as if afraid taking another step away from Orgrimmar would have the ground crumble underneath and drop her straight into one of their fleshcrafting pits. It went so far that, instead of bolstering her courage, Caelia's boast only seemed to make her even more hesitant. It was a suicide mission into the most heavily zombie infested region of all of the Eastern Kingdoms where not even the safety and sanctity of death was an assurance if things went badly.

So why did she say yes?

Maybe it was something in the way Orros looked to the bag of coins in front of him, then back up to the giant, and wondered out loud, "Can we keep the money if we were gonna go anyway?" It might have shaken her out of whatever mental block required her to look past her own paranoia in the face of the Lich King's forces. Maybe it was just as simple as she was materialistic enough to try to look past the danger they were walking into for the sake of a hefty sum.

Ultimately? Caelia and Orros wouldn't have any indication of what was going on in the scorpinid's mind that had finally swayed her to skitter hesitantly forward, one of her pincers plucking the bag up by its drawstrings and helpfully lifting it up to her more humanoid hands. "I'll need a moment to close the shop and inform the city to keep an eye on it until we get back," she smiled uncertainly, her tail returning to the nervous half-lashing motions it had been making before. "When do we leave?" Orros shrugged. "We can probably be on our way by the end of the day, I shouldn't wonder. Ships bound for the Eastern Kingdoms leave pretty regularly from Orgrimmar's harbor, from what I saw on my way into town; as long as the Great Ocean leaves us to our business, we could be in Silvermoon soon enough."

Hazshara wasn't sure which sounded worse: the Scourge, or being on a boat with Caelia.

Sherry Palomino!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552632

File: 1548620329056.jpg (15.25 KB, 139x190, giving gift.jpg)

>>41552594
>Sherry listened to Castell with an understanding smile. The apology and offer heeded, but she certainly didn't see any reason to swap bodyguards over something that was admittedly mostly her own faulty.

Seek someone else, now why would I do that? It was only the first day after all, a hiccup that was my own fault. I can't hold you responsible for the situation I put you in Castell.

Besides, everything turned out all right in the end. And if something like that happens again, I'll make sure to blind them first instead of just watching you fight.

>She had a bit of a sheepish laugh after her last words.


Aaaaanyway! We did good four ourselves! I just have to remember the next time i go gambling I should do so through legal channels and not in a back alley with a bunch of shady sailors! Ah, that reminds me...

>Hastily reaches into her back of holding, pulling out a roll of parchment and a quill to start writing a letter.


I have to write to my sisters Liquor and Brandy! I promised to write to them when I got myself a bodyguard and started my travels in earnest!
This post was edited by its author on .

Castell Rayaki!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552633

File: 1548622429804.png (381.29 KB, 691x489, Annoyed.png)

>>41552632

>Castell listened as she spoke...She was a very easy going and...understanding client. That was nice, he'd had his run ins with the more...unpleasant kind before.


I see, then I will continue to do all that's within my power to continue guarding you ma'am. Thank you for this opportunity.

>He bowed his head to her, trying desperately to conceal the look of relief that had flooded his face that he was not going to be sent back to the temple. That he would get the chance once more to enjoy the world beyond the borders of Kuka. His head raised back up again and Castell rose from his bed, leaving his money and travel pack there while Sherry continued on, though one of her comments did cause him to look over his shoulder at his client.


Surely it would be advisable to avoid gambling altogether, ma'am? We do have our funds and your loans to worry about after all.

>Though she pulled out her writing equipment to write a message to her siblings as he spoke. Castell paused. That was certainly common, to write after your relatives, he'd seen it so many times on so many journeys, but he'd never done it himself. How could he? It wasn't as though he had anybody to write to, it was just him, it always had been, it always would be.


...Very well ma'am. In that case, I shall be using the bath before I retire for the evening. If you have need of me, only ask and I shall lend you my assistance.

>Turning his face away from her, he made his way into the adjacent bathroom and locked the door behind him, a deep sigh escaping his lips as he did so. His job was to guard, nothing more, nothing less. He couldn't get distracted by his own melancholy, or the inevitable end of the journey. The return to the temple that was surely coming.


>Castell started to run the bath, hoping and praying that the sound of the running water would drown out his thoughts. If that failed, then at least the hot water would distract him for a bit.

Anduin and Vulkan!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552635

File: 1548645022882.jpg (62.97 KB, 700x700, 39371746_2266531076914206_2646…)

"I can't stand events like this," Anduin bemoaned to himself. "It always feels like the whole thing is going to go wrong before it even starts."

The acting High King of the Alliance of Arathor, Anduin Wrynn, the Lion Angelic and the Regent Resplendent, was nervous.

He had no reason to be, realistically. His chancellors and ambassadors had worked on this treaty for uncountable months now, convincing their new allies in the South of the threat the Scourge faced to not just the Alliance, but all the free peoples of Sylvestrun. They were hesitant, as were most outside nations in these troubled years; they didn't want to be dragged into the long stalemate that had codified the very structure of the Alliance and the Horde since those long-ago days when the Horde had been little more than a rampaging tide of demon-crazed greenskins. It had no doubt been delicate work for Stormwind's bureaucrats, drawing up those treatises that had stressed the absolute independence of their new allies in Equestria and laying out the trade deals and open border policies that would assure the equinoid nation the support and freedom of movement they would need if any sort of cross-nation defense against the Scourge was to be successful- hardest of all was, Anduin imagined, was the dissociation from personal feelings his chancellors had probably needed to draw upon in order to assure Equestria that there would be no retaliation for associating with their counterparts in Orgrimmar, as well. It took strength and courage to not just declare neutrality in this turbulent age, but to demand it. He respected that strength, even admired it, and was unspeakably grateful that they would potentially be able to rely on that strength in the days to come.

That did not mean he was any less human, which meant he did not stop worrying. Fortunately, he had people around him to voice exactly what he needed to hear at any given moment.

"For not being able to stand them, Little Lion," said a voice from somewhere behind Anduin as he looked out over one of Stormwind Keep's many balconies, "you certainly seem to forget that in the middle of them." A great obsidian-skinned figure with smoldering embers for eyes and clad in baroque green armor with gold livery trimmed into draconian themes strode from the palace to stand beside the comparatively little angel. He clapped one enormous gauntlet onto Anduin's silver pauldron, shaking it a bit as he looked down at him with a grin that the blonde-haired king himself couldn't help but to return.

"You know what I mean, brother," Anduin chastised him, standing upright but keeping his hands on the marble railing and his eyes on the assembling army in the far-away docks. "I know this is all pure formality, for the people to take heart in our new allies and for them to see Stormwind for themselves, but I have yet to actually meet any of their leadership for myself. Light only knows how many times I've run over the worst-case scenarios in my head." The Promethean mused on that for a while. "It is good, then," he finally said after a while, releasing his grip on the king's shoulder, "that they only exist in your head and the Light does not grant you the power to make them real." Anduin laughed at that in spite of himself, but his smile died over the long, intervening seconds as he distracted himself with squinting to try to make out more details of the Equestrian procession's preparations. They both knew what he wanted to ask, and they were both waiting for him to work up the courage to ask it.

"What of the Praetorian?" he finally managed, his voice quieter than before. "What of Rogal?"

It was hard to tamper the normally sanguine Vulkan's mood, but that question was a surefire way of doing it.

"My king, I have gone to see our brother ten times," he answered eventually, his voice now as subdued as Anduin's. "And ten times, he has turned me away. He does not wish to return to Stormwind."

"Then perhaps the eleventh will be what changes his mind," Anduin said, though the hopeful statement was not matched by his tone, and Vulkan saw right through it. "His mind has been made up, Anduin," the Promethean said gently. "Once Dorn has chosen his course, he is as unshakable as any wall he may have built." The Great Angel said nothing to that for a long time; at last, however, his bright blue eyes fell to the hammer Vulkan carried at his side. Dawnbringer, it was named. Birthed from the hottest flames at the heart of Ironforge's home mountain range, its head was being perpetually swallowed by the jaws of a dragon carved from a gold-hued alloy. It had been the Promethean's attempt to create an equal to the Warchief's mythical Doomhammer, and longed for the day the two hammers would meet in battle to see which weapon was possessed of a greater fighting spirit. It could not call great thunderstorms like the Doomhammer, but it had other mystical qualities that Anduin, frankly, doubted any craftsman but the expert smith he called brother could have contained in a corporeal weapon. Were it not for Dawnbringer, those ten failed appeals to their self-exiled siblings might have been a mere one or two. "I'm no expert, Vulkan," Anduin began, a hint of that sly banter they shared starting to slip back into his mood as he returned his attention to the Forgefather, "but I feel that if there's anyone yet in the Alliance who knows how to bring down walls, it's you and your legion." Vulkan threw back his head and laughed despite himself. "Almost as dogged as the Praetorian himself!" He shook his head, still chuckling. "Very well. Me and mine will reach out to he and his once again. Perhaps knowing that he still has a place at home no matter what else has transpired will begin to sway him. What's that old kal'dorei saying? 'The eleventh time's the charm'?"

"Nobody says that, Vulkan."

"It is my duty to keep the king's wits sharp."

Now it was Anduin's turn to laugh. "Thank you, Vulkan," he smiled, returning his gaze to the distant Equestrian gathering. "You don't need to go now; stay until the ceremonies are over," he tacked on after a moment. "I hear their military commander might be someone you can compare notes with." The Promethean shook his head. "Give me too long to think about it and I might get cold feet; after all, what better excuse will I ever have to let you fend for yourself on the political battlefield?" The king winced at that, immediately regretting giving the Forgefather an out at all, but whatever he might have had for a retort would be drowned out by the sound of two distant horns echoing throughout the city, a wordless declaration of arrival. "Then I suppose you had best go now, brother," Anduin said, standing to his full height and turning on his heel to head towards the castle gates. “I’d hate for our nations’ first meeting to be me explaining to the queen of the sun why my brother ducked out halfway through.”

Atta!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552636

"I can't stand events like this," Equestria’s Lord Commander bemoaned to himself. "It always feels like the whole thing is going to go wrong before it even starts."

Unlike Anduin, however, there was no one around to hear the old warhorse’s complaining except for a pair of ears that had heard it a thousand times already. She said nothing, simply chuckling and letting him get it out of his system as he’d done many times before.

Atta was a cautious soul; he had to be for all the things he’d seen and lived through. As the head of Equestria’s inaugural expeditionary force since ending their centuries-long isolation, it was his duty to… well, not quite expect the worst, but at least to be prepared for it. If nine of the queen’s advisors saw no danger, then it was his responsibility as the tenth to dig deeper, to look for the possibility of a more sinister motive or a more dire outcome. It was a necessary role, but it was a hard role, and it had made him a somewhat dour spirit over the intervening years since taking his initial oaths in contrast to the almost universally more sunny disposition of his countrymen. He was content with that. He knew that he was not solely responsible for their right and their freedom to have that trust and openness with strangers both inside and outside their borders, he would never be so presumptuous, but, after standing in the face of arrogant rogue dragons and bringing Compliance to changeling hives that had desired otherwise and firmly reminding the wild denizens of the Everfree and other relatively untamed locales of their borders and overseeing the creation of Equestria’s first roaming military force, he felt confident enough to tell himself that he had contributed to his homeland’s freedom and independence.

He felt he had at least earned that.

He looked over the preparations for the upteenth and final time. Gleaming storm-grey armor with dawn-gold trim glinted in the light of Stormwind’s sun as Celestia’s paladins, the proudest sons of Equestria, stood in formation, halberds high and crested shields abreast of one another at the heart of it all. They were flanked by troops of the Crystal Oath, their magenta jewel-encrusted and brilliant silver plating standing out more clearly than the gold and silver of their more numerous counterparts in the Sons, even somewhat reminiscent of the Alliance’s own draeneic allies, but it was to the credit of Equestria’s armories that neither force distracted from nor detracted the other as they stood in their separate, distinct lines. Last were the soldiers of the dreamscape, the Lunar Princess’ own Nightguard. The equus noctis soldiers in their deep blue plate with muted silver and obsidian livery giving their arms and armor a more esoteric, exotic design than was seen in their cousins of the Sons and the Crystal. Together, the three disparate arms of their standing armies had been brought together, honored by being raised into a Legion in mirror of Stormwind’s own, their three prongs forged together into a single weapon with which Equestria could stand with the other free nations of Sylvestrun to stab at the heart of the Arch-Traitor.

And those were just the sanctioned and the soldiers.

Atta turned his head to one of the two desert pegasi that flanked either side of the procession, only one of a number of pairs that lined the outside border of their parade. They weren’t an official part of his Legion, per se, but they had more than proven their bravery in hunting the monsters that prowled the more wild reaches of Equestria, and their wit and ability to adapt and improvise was one that he thought added greatly to the overall effectiveness of Her Sons. These two rode adolescent beasts known as nargacuga, the creatures that resembled a hybrid of panther and raptor having been raised since birth to assist their riders in the hunt; the riders themselves preferred to stand rather than sit, expertly balancing atop their mounts as the young nargacuga shifted and jostled, the Equestrians themselves keeping hold of the hunting horns they took with them into the field. Atta was well familiar with the need for someone responsible for the upkeep of morale and issuing of orders, just as he was aware that instruments were an excellent way of doing just that, but his pragmatic mind struggled to understand the slight undertones of lunacy that were surely required to haul a horn the size of the ones these hunters carried into the desert, half-naked, to provide support against beasts that could devour full-grown Equestrians in one bite.

Perhaps that was another reason he had chosen a select few of the hunters to accompany his forces: sheer admiration.

The Lord Commander hefted his great warhammer and held it slightly aloft, nodding his head to the hunter as he did so; in reply, the youthful pegasus immediately brightened and shouted something to his opposite number in the curt battle-cant of the desert tribes. The two of them drew a deep breath at the same time, their unconventional steeds bracing themselves sympathetically as they sensed what was coming, and blew into their horns. The sound was clear and reverberant, a deep crescendo to a call to arms that blew across the entirety of the human capital. “Alright,” the weathered old stallion muttered to no one in particular, taking his attention off the young buck who’d been honored with setting the whole affair into motion and stared ahead as the long rows of Equestrians began to march. “Let’s hope they enjoy it half as much as you do.”

Equestria!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552637

Two Steps From Hell - Victory [Vocal, Heroic, Orchestral]

If there was anything Stormwind loved more than a show of solidarity from a new ally, it was a parade. How fortunate, then, that they should receive both in one day!

The streets were packed with nearly every member race of the Alliance; humans and dwarves jostled for room at the front; broad-shouldered draenei males held their little ones atop their shoulders so they could point and shriek with delight at everything they saw; small packs of worgen and night elves perched atop nearby rooftops, some of them hopping along the city canopy to keep up with a particular section of the precession that intrigued them the most.

The noise was absolutely deafening, and Equestria commanded it all.

The rows of glimmering soldiers were broken up by musicians that filled the air with the rapid staccato of echoing drumbeats, the steady tromping of uncounted pairs of hooves setting a rhythm that the aural artisans probably couldn’t have deviated from if they wanted to. The hunters would look for particularly large gatherings of children, or perhaps make eye contact with one that looked particularly hopeful, at which point they would gather themselves for a mighty, echoing blast from their polished war-horns, more often than not earning shrieks of delight and more than one pair of hands quickly clasping over tiny ears. The unicorns among them would raise their arms high, missiles of arcane light zipping up to explode into intricate shapes and then descend as birds of silvery filigree wire or softly glowing butterflies of barely-corporeal crystal to flit amongst the crowd. Pegasi soared back and forth, carrying silk streamers that would cast an artificial night over those below them, or perhaps somehow reflect the sunlight off of themselves to make the midday light even more brilliant.

Everything that followed what had come before was even more breathtaking, and at the center of it all was the woman that had made any of it possible.

A great float, looking all for the world like a moving palace all its own, drifted down the great expanses of Stormwind’s main causeways, every side of the gold and pearl construct flanked by Sons and Nightguard and Crystal Oath alike. On top of it all was an enormous figure in breathtakingly ornate asymmetrical armor, one side as dark blue as the deepest night and inlaid with pearls of equal flawlessness, the other a bright silver trimmed with gold to bely his leadership of the Sons, the two meeting and swirling together in the middle to form the sacred Vespertine, more often than not associated with the fourth of their royal number, as the third was represented by the painstakingly carved crystals lining his wargear. He stood tall, the head of an enormous two-handed hammer resting against the floor of the float to allow for him to rest one hoof upon it- it was hard to judge from such a distance, but the sheer, uncontested poise of the tan-coated and amber-eyed warhorse was already making some in the crowd marvel that he might have been the physical equal of the Promethean.

And he could not even begin to compare to the one he, presumably, stood guard over.

She was a million things to a million pairs of eyes; sheer awe and false recollection could do that. It was difficult, however, to rule out that some magic might have been at play as well; any who tried to refute it would often themselves remark at how she seemed to be whatever she needed to be to whoever gazed upon her. An unassuming bureaucrat with an unthreatening but kindly gaze to some, a magnificent and queenly figure to others, a radiant beacon that nearly hurt to look upon but was too beautiful to turn away from for yet still more. Some saw long flowing robes that nearly spilled over the sides of her mobile throne in deluges of silk, others saw golden plates of armor that rivaled anything the forges of the Alliance had ever crafted save for their greatest warrior-kings, and others still would contest long after that day that it had been none of the things seen by their compatriots, but would then struggle to describe what exactly it was they had seen for themselves.

Her name was Celestia, and it seemed as if the sun itself had come to Stormwind in the wake of her armies.

Anduin felt his anxiety had been well-earned as he watched the procession at last reach the inner walls of the city that stood around the immaculate palace district, rows of equine sentinels splitting away from each other to form into a gleaming metallic half-moon before the looming steps of Stormwind Keep’s towering front gates, musicians and acrobats and hunters breaking up the long rows of disciplined soldiers and all allowing for the heart of their display to glide through on its invisible tracks of crystalline and arcane power. It pulled up to the very front of the palace. The drummers all hit one, final chord. The hunters synchronized one final blast of their echoing war-horns to mark the exact delineation between celebratory revelry and reverent silence. The Lord Commander hefted his hammer, raised it up above his head, and slammed the butt of the weapon into the floor of the mobile throne with a boom that somehow seemed to echo the hunting horns themselves. As if in reply, a floating crystalline stairway, for all the world looking like it was purely magical in nature, slid silently from the prow of the float as the construct split open to permit its most precious passenger an easy path forward.

Anduin Wrynn did his best to not swallow audibly.

Baraquiel DiogoCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552638

File: 1548654342298.png (1.62 MB, 1920x1080, Staredown.png)

>>41552488
>Baraquiel was quiet for a few moments following that, his gaze seeming to solidify into one that spoke of his wariness and suspicion. One of the Bronze dragonflight's best, a dragon with powers over time, had essentially told him his plan wouldn't work. He raged against it, his teeth gritting in outrage. He would protect hope in this land! He and his would march on the black citadel and raze it in silver fire, and he would no longer sit back like a coward! Every day people fell to the scourge, every day undead rose, and he would not abide! But no... she'd come to him... she'd come and asked, and it would be petty to refuse. Finally, in the wake of her words, he nodded, serious for the first time in this conversation.
"Your offer does intrigue me. Take this."
>He said, reaching into his pocket. From there, he produced a small silver pendant, shaped as if a drake were eating it's own tail around what looked to be a circular gem of swirling mercury. Handing the token to her, she'd find it was warm to the touch.
"You ever need to get into contact with me, break that on the ground. It'll take you to the Platinum Roost. Consider me interested, Dakota."
>He said, retrieving his dagger from where it had stabbed the table. He needed to think on where he'd go next... and he still needed to visit his son for his first birthday.

Leona Stylvern, Queen of Sabrus!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552640

File: 1548707732608.png (5.53 MB, 1498x2584, __artoria_pendragon_and_artori…)

>>41552635
>>41552636
>>41552637

>Far away in the country of Sabrus, across long roads and the paths well travelled, over misty mountains and rushing glens, across marvelous bridges and past rustic villages, you would find a castle. A shining white castle, tall and proud, overseeing the people around it with a proud, solemn dignity.


>Past the outer borders, into the building make of stone that shone so bright you'd mistake it for an unearthly beautiful metal, past the kitchens and the outer halls, past the scullery and storage and within the very center of the castle, you would find a room, and in that room, a chair.


>A chair currently occupied by somebody who dearly longed for an event like that.


>Queen Leona Stylvern sat on her throne and gazed at a letter. A letter that had come quite a long time ago, and yet she'd never felt the urge to throw it out. Addressed to her from the High King of the Alliance, it was a letter of invitation. To celebrate the joining of the Equestrians in arms against the Lich King and his undead Scourge. It was a very uplifting letter in these trying times, that they had more allies against the threat that would bring the entirety of Sylvestrun under the icy cold grip of The Arch-Traitor.


>She had so dearly wished to join them.


>But Sabrus' troops were not yet readied. The people were agitated and fearful, her ministers were doing everything they could to prevent the state from capsizing under the threat of the Lich King's forces. Morale was low, and tensions were high, and no matter how tired she may be, she had her eternal duty to her citizens.


>To be the shining silver pillar of Sabrus. To not bend or break in protecting her people from all the forces that would seek to do them harm, from the material threats to the immaterial demons that plagued their thoughts and filled them with uncertainty. She more than ever needed to be the shield that protected them now, so that when the time came, she would be in the best position to be the sword in the Arch-Traitor's gut.


>She had long since sent off her reply to the letter, her congratulations, the regrettable apology, and sending out a contingent of ambassadors and knights to serve as her representatives in her stead. The Lion Angelic was gracious and understanding, she knew that as much as any who'd interacted with him for an extended period of time. As a queen, she knew that this would not lead to bad ties between the two of them. As Leona Stylvern...Well, she wasn't really allowed to be Leona Stylvern any more, no matter what she desired.


>And that's why the Queen put the letter back down and rose from her throne, the rustling and clinking of her armour echoing out as she did so. The 'clack' of her metal boots echoing against the stone floor while she strode back to her duty. The sound of discussion and murmuring getting louder and louder as she approached, until it turned to a hush silence as they heard her return.


>Leona Stylvern breathed a deep sigh as she rested a hand against the door, until she pushed it open.


>The Queen must sacrifice everything for her subjects. She made that choice, and if she had the chance to make it again, she always would.


>That was what it meant to rule.

CelestiaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552643

File: 1548719645750.png (694.04 KB, 724x1024, If I open my eyes it'll blind …)

>>41552637
>>41552636
>>41552635
"I can't stand events like this... It always feels like they're going to go wrong before they start...
>Atta would hear the musical laugh of his charge behind him, as the magical parade float made its way through Stormwind's streets. The blasting of horns, the music of minstrels and the cheering of crowds drowned out anything the Princess had to say as she looked over her protector. She was regal in all things, a natural born leader, and she showed it, even her laugh bringing the same joy she felt.
"Well Atta, you were the one that set this up~ So many moving parts, it's easy for one of them to go wrong. Luckily for both of us, you've oiled this machine so well. To think, I only wanted a small force and an unassuming carriage."
>She teased him as they marched through the streets. Celestia let her glamour do the waving and showboating. Her magic could damp out the sky if she so chose; Letting the residents of this city see what they wanted to see was foals play. As the float came to a stop, the crystal stairs descending, Celestia rose from her throne. Stepping through her illusory form to send it cascading into so many golden motes, she introduced herself in as grand a fashion as she could; Spreading her wings, downy feathers filtered the sunlight as if through thousands of tiny drops of dew; A radiant glow of golden light and ethereal rainbow luminescence shrouded her in an otherworldly fog as she gently floated down the stairs, her goldclad footsteps somehow silencing any other sound that might have been echoing through the city. The gentle clink of golden slippers seemed to echo through the silent legions she'd assembled as she made her way to Anduin, a gentle smile on the monarch's face. She was dressed simply, in a white dress bespoke with gold filigree thread. The silky fabric blew in an intangible auroral wind, the same that seemed to eternally billow through her mane. As she took those echoing steps towards Anduin, her face inscrutable, devoid of empathy or emotion as she read him... before she broke into a beaming, eager smile, giving him a nod of recognition. Turning to face her ensemble, she gave a single nod of approval before the assembled forces burst into song once more. The haunting blasts of hunting horns nearly drowned out the jubilant minstrels music as the armies beat the hafts of their halberds into the ground in perfect musical harmony. Hence the celebrations having commenced once more, the two rulers of their respective nations were in somewhat of a private state. They couldn't be overheard at least, and Celestia took advantage by leaning down to whisper in Anduin's ear.
"I've certainly enjoyed your city so far. Perhaps you could invite me inside, so we can talk things over away from the crowd?"
>She asked, giving him a playful smirk before turning to give a wave to the crowd once again, giving Atta a wordless look to follow. Seems she approved... for now.
This post was edited by its author on .

CamCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552645

File: 1548728036807.jpg (80.46 KB, 598x605, tumblr_ou98ieThJq1w7qo8ao8_640…)

>>41552635
>>41552636
>>41552637
>>41552640
>>41552643

"I love events like this."

On a balcony overlooking the street, King Aenor Minanorin of Rotan watches the procession with a wide smile, leaning in his chair as he sips a glass of finest brandy. Beside him, his aide frowned. A broadly built plainswoman, she gave him a sidelong glance of utmost annoyance.

"I know for a damn face you don't. It took you a week to stop groaning when we hosted the Khan."

Glancing sidelong at her, his smile became a wry grin. "Ah, Avo. You know me too well. The truth is simple! I enjoy watching other people handle them, don't you? It's nice to imagine all the work you don't have to do. All the security, all the arrangements. It's nice to be the guest for once, isn't it? Besides, we had to make sure we had room for all his party's horses."

She shudders at the recollection, composing herself rapidly. "Your point is... considered, Your Majesty." Her gaze returns to the blaring, noisy procession approaching the castle, the sheer radiance of Celestia reflected in her eyes. He smiles again, far more gently this time, his face tinged with recollection. "She's particularly beautiful today, isn't she?"

She didn't bother to respond, watching Celestia stand beside Anduin with a analytical look on her face. "The real politics will be starting any second now, and none of them even notice." Raising her own glass, she slowly drinks. "The Alliance and Equestria, united in friendship at last. This should cause a stir with the Horde."

Quietly, Minanorin nods. Even now, with the conflict over for the time being, the Horde and Alliance were a disaster waiting to happen. That is, if Northrend didn't explode first. "What was it Vimes said to me after that Ironforge business a few years back? Diplomacy is just lying to a better class of people?" Despite the lighthearted tone of the celebrations below, his expression grows more somber. "Sometimes I feel he was right, even if it's not that simple. Diplomacy can be lying sometimes, but they know you're lying, and you know they are too. It's difficult to be an honest man in politics sometimes, isn't it?"

"All I know is you've had too much of that brandy. You usually don't muse like this when you're sober." She replies bluntly. "But Vimes is usually cynical like that."

"Yes, he is. It's one of his strengths." He leans forward, watching Celestia with renewed interest, as if he'd never seen the incomparable colors and waves of her hair, or the sheer wingspan. "She's been at this for a long time now, Avo. She's good at it, extremely so. Even now, I cannot help but feel some kind of sorrow for Anduin. His spirit is fair and kind, and I would hate to see it tarnished."

"It might be too late for that."

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552647

File: 1548748791890.jpg (108.52 KB, 724x1024, c28243210cf5661bf358cc765741a6…)

>>41552643
>>41552637
>>41552636
>>41552635
A young woman sat at the balcony overlooking the event. Her frail and albino appearance made her standout among the other nobles. It wasn't often she left the estate, much less could she have the energy to go very far, so events like this meant the world to her. The youngest daughter of her family, Reah.

Behind her, steadily approaching the young noble, was a tall man clad in a crimson armor, concealing his appearance in all; an unusual looking suit at that, with its fur cape and trinkets.
Who is he? someone eavesdropping on the group asked themselves, seeing the fearsome knight approach Reah.
"That man scares me... What's he want from that girl?" Another said
"I heard he use to be a bandit, killed his father for money" A gossiper said.

It was then, the man in armor stopped besides the Reah, before he pulled out a small parasol and put it up over her to shield her from the hot sun. "It's hot," he said, his voice slightly echoed from his helmet. "You'll get sunburnt."

Reah sighed in relief, it was a bit embarassing but she loved the sudden instillation of shade. Thus she took the umbrella from his hands; although she looked to have a bit of trouble grasping it at first, "You worry too much, Siegmar."

"You're not too tired, are you?" He asked as he looked over the balcony to see the parade. "Too loud," he thought to himself.

Reah responded to his question by gently batting the knight with her parasol, "See, there you go again." She said with a laugh. "What's bothering you anyways? Things are going well aren't they?" She said, unaware of how uneasy others in the event were.
Sheltered, to her, this was just a friendly meeting between two groups.
To her, the Alliance and Horde was just an uneasy conflict between two groups.

"The last time I was at an event like this, it was on a smaller scale." Seigmar said, crossing his arms. "Two rival families. Coming together to set aside the cycle of violence. Patriarchs of the families shaking hands. Next thing you know, one has a knife in his throat. Next thing you know, it's a bloodbath. Both sides-"

Before he could continue, the young noble hit him with her umbrella again, the hit caused a quiet thunk on his armor. "Stop that!" Reah said, brow furrowed, "You're ruining the moment." Huffing, she was quick to regain her good mood, "How about you put on a smile and say one thing you're having fun with right now?" She looked up at her protector. "I can't tell if you're smiling but I'll pretend you are."

Seigmar, who wasn't actually smiling under the helmet, sighed and looked down at the frail young girl, before he gave his answer. "I have high hopes for it." Given, this was a far different situation than the story he shared.

To which, Reah chuckled quietly and leaned against him, "There we go... We'll go soon." She said as she began to drift off already. A sickly pale thing, she hoped she wouldn't miss out on too much by the time she woke up.

Siegmar patted her on the head. Despite his heavy appearance and his armor, his touch was quite gentle. She was happy, that's what mattered to him.

Behind his helmet, the knight smiled.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552648

File: 1548753462519.png (1 MB, 1207x1353, 0b7c9c10291940ec2fe0f68dabbb3e…)

>>41552636
>>41552635
>>41552637
A woman with light blue hair topped with a pair of brow rabbit ears sat watching the proceedings from the window of an inn. Hands covered her ears as they laid flat to protect her hearing from the sound of hooves on stone and instruments being played. "Had I known this was going on today, I wouldn't have come here." The ear's owner thought to herself as she stood and walked away from the window. An annoyed sigh left her lips as she leaned against a wall and closed her eyes to wait for it to end.

"You just had to see the big city didn't you Sonia?" She muttered to herself as the music continued. Opening her eyes back up, she slowly stepped towards the window and peered at the crowd to see others covering their ears. "At least I'm not the only one dealing with this." Lifting her gaze to the ones playing the instruments especially on the ones carrying the hunting horns, a look of confusion crossed her face. "What kind of instrument are those?"

Shifting her focus to the main float of the parade,Sonia lowered her hands from her ears in awe of of the ruler perched atop it. It was like looking at living painting of a goddess. Her white dress was long and flowing with an ornate gold sun stitched to the front of it. Long two toned hair seemed to flow with no wind causing it"...I can see why they did all this."

Unable to get a clear look at her face, Sonia turned away head out and get a better look. Walking over to a table, she picked up a large flask with a gem on the lid and filled with a blue fluid and clipped it to her belt. Lifting a coiled gilded whip with a long pink crystal at the end of it, she looked it over before stowing it away in it's place on her belt." Alright, let's go see what's going on out there." Smoothing her hair back with her hands, Sonia headed out the door.

Anduin Wrynn and Atta!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552650

File: 1548810483325.jpg (27.76 KB, 564x576, 450041a322435c7882cd5913f09055…)

>>41552643

"I don't know much about the humans, Your Grace," the commander grunted, turning his head to look slightly in her direction without breaking the facade, "but as far as I can tell, if there's one thing they love, it's presentation. Best to give them what they want at the outset." He couldn't help but let his chest puff out a bit at her praise, though; it still gave him the same thrill it had back when he'd barely broken in his first set of armor wearing the royal colors. He faltered a bit thinking of that, his mind making a few illogical leaps to lead him to briefly worry over the comparatively young buck that oversaw the Guard now and how well he might be getting along without them. It was a moment of worry that only lasted about the blink of an eye, but to him it still felt like an eternity before he dismissed it with the ease of a mountain telling the wind that passage was not yet afforded to it. "He wouldn't be there if we didn't trust him to be," Atta told himself as gently as he was able- that was to say, barely. "Even without the greatest of us present, the other three will see to the safety of the kingdom.

The boy's close enough to two at them as it is."


He let a half-smile briefly crack across his features at the little joke he shared with himself, but he didn't let it distract him from his queen's slight gesture, and the master of the Sons descended from the float. While it was somewhat less graceful than Celestia's had been, there was no question of the surety with which he carried himself as he took his place behind his liege.

Anduin, although reassured by the kindness in his new ally's eyes, found himself looking at the old warhorse as a part of him wished he'd been a little more insistent about Vulkan remaining in Stormwind. Even that bit of anxiety was quickly forgotten, however; he'd felt as if all of reality had hung suspended, everything forgotten but he and his guest, as she'd seemed to appraise him. Whatever that test he suspected he'd just been through was, however, he also suspected he'd passed with flying colors. He hoped he had, anyway. Even so, he couldn't help but to be a bit surprised at the question; while he'd expected at least a bit more grandstanding for their respective peoples to see, the Little Lion would have been lying to himself if he'd said it wasn't a welcome idea.

"Of course, Lady Celestia," he smiled to her in reply, waving in turn so the crowd could see them both before he turned, cloak swirling gracefully behind him and silver-and-gold armor gleaming in the sun as he gestured to the palace with one hand and offered her the other. "I hope you will consider Stormwind yours as much as we consider it ours for as long as you wish to remain, Your Grace. Please, this way."

CelestiaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552655

File: 1548919084839.jpg (89.08 KB, 1024x1024, sweater.jpeg)

>>41552650
>Celestia gave a small nod of acknowledgement, before she took her leave to turn and enter the castle proper. It wasn't white marble, sung from the stone of the mountain by magic. It was a fortress built by the effort of many, one that signified the alliance of many races living together peacefully... she approved. Once she had entered Stormwind Castle proper, however, the magic that had given her the ethereal, magical quality she held faded. She folded her wings, tucking them close to her back, and seemed to get comfortable once she was finally out of the public's sight. She still looked lustrous, and her warm charisma seemed to actually warm the room, but the shining, impeccable leader that had been aboard the ship became much more approachable as Celestia let the spell fade.
"I do deeply appreciate the hospitality, Anduin, but we do still have business to discuss!"
>She said, smiling as she folded her hands at her waist, looking around to admire the decor the Little Lion had prepared.
"Tell me, Anduin, what kind of people are of the Alliance? What kind of leader are you to them?"
>She asked, with genuine curiosity, as if she was still deciding on his character. She'd heard reports from her emissaries, but she wanted to judge him herself.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552677

Reah was sleeping at the house, she'd be there for the rest of the day, which left Seigmar to go do his own thing.

The streets were a little too loud, so he decided to move through the quiet parts of the city. Thankfully, his armor's helmet acted almost like an enclosed space, giving him comfort.

A few choices lied before him; he could go to the bar and drink a little. Go get his armor or weapons looked at, they haven't in a while... Who knew when he had to use them again, he'd have to be prepared.

No, I can't be gone for too long, the bar is out of the question. he said with a huff, pulling on his satchel, As good as it sounds.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552678

File: 1548999489720.png (802.51 KB, 800x1310, 3d664529a5ea04ea5552022d40e0e8…)

>>41552677
Coming out here was a bad idea, it's even louder. I'll have to go somewhere else til it's quieter.
>Sonia held a hand to her head a she walked down an alley to get to away from the crowds. Taking hold of the large flask hanging against her hip, she lifted it up and swirled it around to see how much was in it.
I'm getting low on this too. I'm going to have to get this refilled and the enchantment redone.
>Turning the corner, she set the flask back onto her belt as the headed down the street. Seeing an armored man ahead of her, she hastened her walk to catch up to him.
Excuse me, could I ask you a question?

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552679

File: 1549000454179.jpg (47.31 KB, 268x563, anja_armor_set_mhw_wiki_guide.…)

>>41552678
It wasn't like he minded the event. It made Reah happy and to see her in a good mood did mean a lot. Lifting the visor on his helmet to get a better view of the street, the man looked down at the girl, quickly closing up the visor to hide his face.

"Yes?" He said in his usual gruff tone, his deep voice matching his stalwart appearance. The blue haired girl looked like she was in a hurry. Must be new to the city or a tourist. "Do you need something?"

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552680

File: 1549001772538.jpg (121.06 KB, 422x720, 01c7461975c1351e060210498cd682…)

>>41552679
>Watching as he looked down at her before lowing the visor, Sonia paused debating on if she wanted to ask him.
I'd better hurry so I can get out of his way.
Yes we, I wanted to ask if there was anywhere around here where I can get something enchanted.
>Glancing down at her whip, she placed a hand over it.
If there isn't a place like that here, it's fine. I'll just have to look for a weapon shop instead.
>Returning her gaze back up to him, her ears folded back slightly as she stared at his visor wondering why he was quick to close it back up.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552681

>>41552680
"Hm, another young adventurer looking to make their weapon better." he thought to himself. A respectable choice, a weapon even with the most minor of enchantments will have a leg up on a weapon with no enchantments. It was a whip too... "An unorthodox weapon, but a weapon never the less."

Finally he gave his reply, "A weapon shop? I know one." He nudged the handle of his own sword, a short sword at his hip. "I was on my way to one. Don't know if they know about enchanting."

To the point and straight forward.

He could tune his sword and crossbow himself, most of the time. Once in a while, an expert was needed... That or when he ran low on supplies or was in need of a new whetstone.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552682

File: 1549006751084.png (768.46 KB, 868x1228, 5e590c3366dcf37b2fba2119e07719…)

>>41552681
You were?
>Smiling a little bit,she turned and looked behind her before facing him again.. Her mood seemed to perk up slightly as she rested a hand on her hip.
If you don't mind, could I follow you to the shop?
You know the way better than I do and I don't want to get lost on the way there.
If they can't enchant anything, I'll try to find another place to go after I leave.
>Patting her whip, she thought about asking if there was anywhere where she can buy a new crystal for it before thinking against it.
Thank you for the help.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552689

>>41552682
"Very well." he said, turning away, before motioning the young woman to follow. "I'll take you to the place where I get my supplies." With a short, pause, he gave a shrug, "I'm sure they do enchanting..."

The two of them certainly contrasted in appearance, even down to their color schemes of red/black and blue/white.

But, thankfully, Seigmar was a man of his word from the looks of things. Eventually he lead the girl to a small shop on the corner of a street. "Nix & Crew: Supplies and Materials" said the sign.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552693

File: 1549047341701.png (2.9 MB, 1378x1700, 2b73196aed0263eaa46c1babf5112d…)

>>41552689
>Looking up at him as he turned away, Sonia nodded as she followed. Leaning her head to the side, she wondered what the guy under the armor was like.
That's good, I was worried I would have to leave this city to be able to get that done.
>Reading the sign for the shop once they got there,she turned to look up at him then back to the shop.
Is this the shop you were talking about sir?

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552698

>>41552693
"It's not as popular as some other shops, but it's the one frequent. Less busy." With the parade still going on, Nix's shop was just out of the way enough that it wouldn't be hit with the rush of visitors to Stormwind.

Opening the door to the shop, the bell at the top of the frame making a chiming sound, he looked around. From the fact Nix wasn't there, probably meant she was in the back. No quaint nature of the shop often enticed him to stand guard when the owner was out.

"Nix is a an odd one, but she has good wares." He says as he walked to the counter, waiting for the owner.

Lying on the shelves of the shop were various adventurer's tools, such as weapons, rations, satchels, and even a few magic items here and there, including the ever present healing potion many a merchant sold.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552705

File: 1549054039974.jpg (311.69 KB, 1160x1480, 65218c291dde2e91ce14068dd10c69…)

>>41552698
Hmm.
Well I guess if it's not as busy as the others ,it would be easier to get get everything I need here. But I hope they do have what I need here.
>Following him inside, Sonia stopped to look around at the items on sale. Looking down at the whip she carried on her, she patted it gently.
She is?
But are you sure you want to talk about her when she isn't here?
>Heading over to the counter to wait with him, she looked back at the shelves.
But I think I might need to pick up more that I thought I was originally.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552741

File: 1549091381224.jpg (Spoiler Image, 89.14 KB, 403x518, patches_sketch1 small.jpg)

>>41552705
"I'm coming! Keep your helmet on!" a voice shouted, coming from the backroom, as a new figured arrived. She was a small woman, a halfling from the looks of it, clad in a black outfit. The slightly annoyed halfling adjusted her monocle. "Seigmar, you brought a guest? Didn't know you were popular with the women."

"No comment..." The armored man said, looking to the girl that he just met moments before. "I'm just here for more polish. She is looking to get her weapon enchanted." He paused, waiting for Sonia to say her part.

In the meantime, the halfling, looked to Sonia, still holding her monocle as if to inspect the whip on her hip.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552753

File: 1549135701866.jpg (489.26 KB, 724x1024, 270370ddb3beeeec2d8810c2c6e950…)

>>41552741
Popular with the women?
>Looking up at Seigmar then back to the Halfling, she simply shook her head.
It's nothing like that, I just asked for help finding a shop like yours ma'am.
>Reaching to her side instead of unclipping the whip from her belt, she took the large flask off of her belt.
And it's not really my whip that needs to be enchanted, it's actually this.
>The flask had a bronze bottom and top with a glass middle that showed a a green fluid within. On the top part of of it was a pink gem used as a stopper and a handle shaped like a wave of water.
I just needed an enchantment to keep the contents of this safe.
>Looking down at her whip, she took it off and looked it over. I don't think anything really needs to be done to this.

Seigmar/Nix!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552754

>>41552753
Nix inspected the bottle and hummed. She never heard of using an enchantment on a bottle of all things. But, it was doable, so the halfling crossed her arms, her eyes (or eye, since the right one was covered by her hair) beamed with pride, "Sounds like you just need a protection enchantment! You got yourself a deal!"

In the meantime, Seigmar sighed and shook his head. Nix was a good saleswoman, but she was very loud. He waited for her to be finished with Sonia before he'd buy his own stuff.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552755

File: 1549151988546.png (802.51 KB, 800x1310, 3d664529a5ea04ea5552022d40e0e8…)

>>41552754
Alright, how long will it take?
>Glancing back at the rest of the shop, her ears perked up.
Cause I think I might take a look at what you have for sale while I wait.
>Turning to face them again, she rested her hand against her chin. Looking over to Seigmar, she nodded with a smile.
I can also wait til you give him what he needed too.

Seigmar/Nix!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552758

>>41552755
"A couple of minutes! I'm a novice, but I can give a good protection enchantment that'll hold out!" With a wink, the halfling added "Or your money back~ That or you can check out the parade, I'd go but I don't want to get stepped on by the crowds!"

With the size different between them, the bottle was enormous compared to Nix; who stood at only about 3 feet in height, dwarfed by both parties. Shooting a glance over to Seigmar, she went to help him out with his transaction; she planned to move on to the enchantment immediately after that. But most important, she made another sale!

"Thanks," Seigmar said, as he spoke up, "I'll be outside. if you need me. I won't be going anywhere."

"So grumpy..." Nix said, taking note of Seigmar's pessimism, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. The knight looked like he just shrugged her comments off.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552764

File: 1549158935300.png (4.84 MB, 2480x3507, a400bfe18529644929be89553f0ff1…)

>>41552758
I would, but with ears like mine I can't really handle crowds or loud noises that well.
>One of her ears flicked as she pointed too it before she headed off to look at what was there. Looking at a satchel, she picked it up and turned it over in her hands.
Yeah, this should work.
>Returning to the counter, she turned to look up at Seimar.
I'll see you out side when I'm done here then.
>Placing the satchel on the counter top, she patted it gently looking it over again.
I want to get this too, I think it's time that I got a new one for myself. And, is he really that grumpy?
He didn't really seem it to me.

Seigmar/Nix!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552765

>>41552764
As Seigmar went to wait outside, Nix grinned. If there was one thing she liked as a guilty pleasure, it was gossip. As she checked out the satchel, she nodded, "Never seen him in a positive mood. Not that I can even see him smile, he never takes that helmet off. I bet he's hideously scarred. Handing the satchel back over to Sonia,as she counted up her sales, Nix sat up on the counter. "He always comes here with this young girl, a sickly little thing she is, and seems to like her. Under all that armor, I bet he's a total softy that'd I'd love to get to know like that." She said with a wink.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552771

File: 1549166607551.jpg (97.69 KB, 429x700, a4342bfbb3b650b6c7c28d3ad7bceb…)

>>41552765
Hmm...
>Turning to look at the door Seigmar walked out of, Sonia leaned back on the counter. Turning slightly, to take hold of the satchel, she left it on the counter with her hand on it.
Wait, you've never seen his face? Darn, I was going to ask you what he looked like too.
But I guess that's why he was quick to pull the visor of his helmet down when I ran into him.
>On hearing about the girl, she turned to fully face Nix and leaned in a bit more.
So there's a girl he's taking care of? That's a nice thing to hear about him.
>Smirking a little, she placed a finger on top of her flask and leaned it from side to side a little.
From what it sounds like, you really want to get to know him better.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552775

>>41552771
"Heheh, a girl gets lonely. Even if he is all scarred up under that helmet." Tapping her chins, she held her hand out to take the flash. "I'll be out with it shortly, in the meantime, you two have fun together." The halfling grinned, knowing she made a sale, "Returning customers get a discount, so stop by again in the future. Returning customers that I like, that is... Might I add I like your fashion sense?"

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552776

File: 1549172389523.png (820.3 KB, 720x720, DxC7hQuU0AMbnjj.png)

>>41552775
Well I wish you luck with him.
>Pushing the flask over to Nix, she watched the fluid slosh in side a little as it settled. Looking down at her whip, she took it off her belt and looked at the gem at the tip.
I might gave to get this looked at by you la-
"You two have fun together."
Wait wait, what do you mean by have fun together?
>Clipping her whip back into place on her belt, she shook her head.
He's not really my kind of guy, he's all yours.
And I might drop by if I come to this city again.
>Looking down at her clothes, she adjusted her belt.
You like my outfit?

Anduin Wrynn and Atta!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552791

File: 1549232011312.gif (259.28 KB, 853x524, e914095475635ccd883c4b52e7710b…)

>>41552655

Well, that wasn't what he had expected.

Not her transformation; while that was a surprise as well, it was a welcome one, and helped to put the youngest Wrynn's mind at ease. He'd need all the help he could get to be ready for her very first question right out of the gate.

"We... the Alliance started as a union of human nations against the threat of the orcish invasion from Outland," he started, looking uncomfortable even citing the incident as he gestured to silently invite Celestia and her guard to follow him further down the hallways of Stormwind Keep. The marble archways rose high overhead, the spaces between them lined with stained glass murals of important events from Stormwind's past and painstakingly crafted statues of some of the Alliance's greatest heroes. "It was only through great sacrifice that the First and Second Wars were ended, including that of..." The words caught in his throat for a moment. It was still difficult for him to recount the details. "Of my father, Varian Wrynn, who still resides in stasis upon the throne thanks to the efforts of the priests of the Conclave of Light. It was thanks to him, and many of his brothers-" Here he stopped again, offering queen and commander an apologetic smile. "-I apologize, Your Grace. The concept of brotherhood is a strong one for the Alliance. Even if they were kin to my father, I feel that my uncles, Light bless them, give me that title as well as a show of acceptance. It is a welcome one for me."

Behind the two heads of state, the stallion allowed himself a private smile; a nephew who was treated as the youngest of them instead of a simple relative. There was something he could appreciate in that. He had nothing to add, however, continuing simply to listen to the Lord Regent and bask in the sunlight tinted by yet another depiction of a lone figure in silver-blue armor atop a mountain of orcish corpses. Anduin, either not noticing or not wishing to disturb him, continued.

"It was thanks to their efforts that mankind survives in the Eastern Kingdoms at all; to say nothing of other kingdoms siding with us in the years that followed. The dwarves of Ironforge were always staunch allies. The draenei gave us much insight to the arcane that I feel the Guardian would have preferred remain in his hands alone," he laughed, nodding to a few of the statues they passed, one of a stout figure in horn-crested plate by the name of Bronzebeard, the other a cloven-hoofed paladin with a hammer slung over his shoulder and a determined look in his stone-chiseled eyes.

Atta gave a grunt of appreciation.

"The night elves, the kal'dorei of Nordrassil," Anduin continued, gesturing to a statue of a feminine figure in... thrifty armor, a warhawk upon her shoulder and an elegantly crafted bow in her hands as she sighted down something that was surely not long for this world. "They suffered greatly at the hands of orcs and demons alike, and were grateful for any aid we could spare them; they and the draenei form the bulk of our forces upon the continent of Kalimdor." His smile faded as he began to ran out of things to talk about that weren't himself.

"As Regent, it's my responsibility to look after them as if they were my own people," he finally said after a moment as they passed into a new chamber; this one was circular, multiple pathways leading away between the great statues that stood guard between the marble pillars. There was no need for him to point these out: Atta had done at least some of his homework, and these were familiar to him. Vulkan, the Promethean, the savior of Blackrock Mountain and the Dark Iron dwarves; he had almost singlehandedly banished Firelord Ragnaros and saved the wayward dwarf clan from eternal slavery, their gratitude to him bringing them back into the Alliance fold with their Ironforge cousins. There was Ferrus Manus, the Iron Hand, the obsessive perfectionist who had gone with his Legion to seek the friendship of the giants of Northrend- and to ply the secrets of their smithwork, as well. The Praetorian, Rogal Dorn, who had raised a thousand fortresses and besieged a thousand more. Atta's brow scrunched ever so slightly; there was no sign that he had ever betrayed the trust of his brothers like so many others had- no matter how much Stormwind had attempted to cover up the existence of those traitors- so what had befallen him?

Anduin was not ignorant to Atta's scrutiny; the shadows cast by some of those marble daises, their occupants covered by black cloths of grieving and a fervent desire to forget, felt as if they cast a longer shadow than ever. The mark of the traitors was still felt, even here in the foyer of the throneroom.

"I'm sure you knew already that not all of my kin remained in the fold, Lord Commander," Anduin finally said, addressing the elephant in the room directly. After a pause, Atta slowly nodded. "It's not a secret that the Phoenician has taken up leadership of the sin'dorei of Silvermoon in the absence of their prince," he said carefully. "Nor that the Red Angel has thrown in his allegiance with Orgrimmar's Warchief." For the sake of politeness, he did not mention the Night Haunter, the crazed murderer that stalked the ruins of Northrend, nor the truly lost and damned that had thrown in their lot with Lupercal... or, worse yet, the Ruinous Powers. That didn't mean he held his silence, however. "In the face of such adversity from your own kin, to say nothing of what your people and the people of the Alliance have overcome... it is nothing short of a miracle that you have done as well as you have, Your Grace." He inclined his head in a short bow, but it was no less reverent or sincere for its brevity. "The Alliance might be young, as are you, but that makes it no less admirable for its strength of conviction."

CelestiaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552793

File: 1549236277968.jpg (130.21 KB, 507x704, Mosaic.jpeg)

>>41552791
>Celestia was respectfully silent during his explanation. As things slowly came to light during his words, she realized how this kingdom worked. It was an inherited position that the young lion found himself in. Leadership had not been his by right of his people... it had been foisted on him by birthright. She thought back over the course of her long life, taking her protector's words in. She thought back to a pink haired girl, the one who'd made a deal with a charming devil to save a loved one... Anduin was in one of the most difficult circumstances she'd seen an individual, and her smile turned into one of genuine concern.
"Anduin... your story has given me insight into your plight, and it echoes with my own... I too know what it's like to fight loved ones, and family. Over a millennia ago, I had to seal away my sister. She'd been poisoned by jealousy, which led to hatred and fear... I was only able to save her through the tremendous effort of those I put my absolute faith in... And I also know when saving a loved one is beyond even my own reach."
>She said, looking truly morose as she did so. Looking to Anduin, she seemed to understand him, because she saw so much of herself in his situation.
"I, fortunately, have lived long enough to see that the ending of this story is not always bleak, young Prince. You fight a terrible battle, and it will exact a terrible toll."
>She said, giving him a somber, serious face as she put a hand on his shoulder... She still needed to know more about him. A king was a representative of his people...
"Were we to help you in this fight, what would you have my people do? How would we assist?"
>She asked, giving him an open opportunity to explain his own plans. Would her people be fodder to be thrown to the wolves? Would they be treated as friends, or as tools?

Anduin Wrynn and Atta!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552796

File: 1549241726231.jpg (164.01 KB, 1920x1080, 9fd40fb917796a7c6db623aaedd887…)

>>41552793

Anduin was taken off guard by the directness of the Equestrians, but at the same time he knew it was to have been expected: he had been led to believe they were a direct people that placed great value in honesty and transparency, leaving subterfuge and subtlety to specialists like their Nightguard and the sister his guest had just mentioned.

It was a welcome change of pace, really. He smiled.

"Thank you, Majesty, Commander," he said to both of them, deeply bowing his head to each of them in turn before gesturing to a passage to the right of the barred portal that, going by the warm golden light sneaking through the edges, was most likely where Varian himself was yet interred, waiting for the day where Frostmourne's cursed wounds could be healed and he would come to the aid of his people once more. "Please. This way." Atta did not ask about the throneroom itself, but he almost had to force himself to stop staring up at it. He couldn't help but feel that, while serving directly underneath both his queen and his goddess had probably skewed his opinion on the issue, the Little Lion and the people of Stormwind as a whole were in danger of putting too much faith in a detached figure to save them from their darkest hour, and not depending on the strength they had at hand and had clearly displayed.

It was a worry he did not deign to share at that time.

Anduin led them into a warroom that looked like it had seen its fair share of strategic meetings; so much so that it barely had time to be cleared of the information from the last one before some new crisis assailed the borders of the Alliance. Rolls of dusty parchment haphazardly separated the tightly-packed scrolls lining every inch of shelving in the room, the round table in the middle covered in maps that were themselves covered in markings denoting troop movements or fortress locations; a simple glance at some of them afforded a glimpse into just how precarious the Alliance's situation was, even since the long years following the Second War. The Horde might have been content to consolidate its strength and secure its hard-won borders, but that didn't mean that undead, demons, foreign powers and other threats had gotten the memo regarding the unofficial ceasefire. "We are far from being able to attempt a landing on the shores of Northrend," Anduin began, pointing to the last map of the northern wasteland they'd been able to procure; aside from a few successful scrying attempts and outlying reports made by the Iron Hands legion elements that had made landfall in the land of the Jotun, the information was pitifully outdated. "The most we know is that Arthas has not been seen in the field since the battle at Icecrown twenty years ago; we can only assume he has been gathering his strength and bolstering his citadel's defenses in the interim. Any landing attempt will be difficult, as we would have to contend not only with his forces, but those of an arch-lich that is outside of his dominion and challenges his strength; any attempt to establish a beachhead will almost assuredly become a three-way war, one far from our supply lines and directly inside of the Lich King's sphere of influence, putting us at a major disadvantage and at risk of draining our fighting strength to critical levels before we can even attempt to make our way further inland, to say nothing of laying siege to Icecrown itself." His finger moved further south, but where it landed was still in the far north of the Eastern Kingdoms, in a province that had been marked as the Plaguelands. "We've received rumors that one of his necropoli has been seen on the move, consolidating the Scourge left behind during his march on Silvermoon and raising the fallen as more of his servants, but we've not yet been able to get solid numbers, nor identify Traitor Legion elements that might be present. We fear that he means to eliminate Light's Hope and prevent the Silver Hand from consolidating enough priests and paladins to seriously blunt the effect of his unholy magic; if that is his plan, I don't know if we can get enough soldiers there in time to make a serious difference in the battle. Sending them by mage portal risks their numbers being insignificant in the defense and only serving to be more fodder for his servants to kill and resurrect to swell his numbers."

Atta took it all in in silence, but soon the commander leaned over the table to place a finger on a northern portion of the continent across the ocean from the Eastern Kingdoms; the nation of Kalimdor, which some elements of the Alliance called home uncomfortably close to the capital of the Horde. "What of Teldrassil and the draenei?" he asked, tracing a finger between the kal'dorei and draenic spheres of influence that formed a rough crescent moon over the northwestern corner of the continent. "Are they concerned the Warchief will attempt to force the passage on their lands if their warriors are committed to the fight against the undead?" Anduin hesitated, but nodded. "It is a concern," he confessed. "Prophet Velen does not think the current leader of the Horde would prosecute the crimes the orcs have visited upon his people in the past, but his Council of Exarchs are not so quick to forgive and forget the genocide that was visited upon them in Outland, and the night elves saw much of their land burned and deforested to fuel the Horde war effort during the First and Second Wars." He sighed. "A best case scenario would be to come to an agreement with them to lay down arms until Arthas is defeated, but I don't see how such an outcome is possible. There are many decades of bad blood between our people. Asking their Warchief to trust us is as likely as the Arch-Traitor willingly surrendering."

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552801

>>41552776
"If you say so~" Nix said, heading to the back with the bottle. "I'll be back soon, don't go running off now. When I get back, be sure to tell me where you get your outfits, I got a pretty penny to spend after this."

With that, the friendly, albeit money loving, halfling departed to the back, working on the enchantment.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552802

File: 1549249612238.jpg (1.09 MB, 848x1200, 8808fa8cc9efdab8de4bd174245ffd…)

>>41552801
I do say so.
>Folding her arms in a huff, Sonia turned away with a slight frown.
I don't know where you got that idea from.
>Shaking her head as she headed over to the door, Sonia paused.
Wait pretty penny after this? Just how much am I being charged for-
>Turing to see that Nix was already gone, she let out a sigh before heading outside.

Seigmar/Nix!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552805

>>41552802
"Sorry can't hear ya." She said from the back. All indication of what she was doing was a faint glowing light coming from the back. With a short pause, she shouted back, "Sheesh, I was kidding! What can a woman like me do to get a laugh once in a while!"

Given, she was getting plenty of money. From the sales she made before and the ones she had just now... Somethings were a bit hard for someone of her size, not all cities were made with halflings or dwarves, along with other smaller races, in mind. But she managed.

Outside, was Seigmar, resting on the wall, going through the things he had bought. It was about time to head home, maybe if he took the long way home, he would be back by the time Reah would awake.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552818

File: 1549295953680.png (1.33 MB, 1000x800, 614069ef53cc63cc24d93e30c463ef…)

>>41552805
>Already out the door, Sonia turned to see Seigmar looking through what he had gotten inside. Walking up to him, she gazed up at his helmet.
Oh, you really were out here. I mean it's not like I didn't think you would be but I'm just a little surprised.
>Moving to lean on the wall, she rested her hands behind her head with a yawn. Looking up at the buildings around them, Sonia's ears twitched from side to side.
Oh yeah, I did hear your name earlier but I never got to give you mine.
>Turning to face him again, she moved off of the wall.
My name is Sonia Azure, thank you for helping me find this place.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552867

>>41552818
"Sonia..." He repeated the name, as if to confirm it, "It's fine. I want to make sure you got everything settled." He said crossing his arms. "The enchanting process shouldn't take long, when it's done, I'll be going back to my house. I have someone waiting there."

Hearing the sound of the visiting Equestrians in the distance, Seigmar shot a question Sonia's way, "What do you think of it? The changing of times? Still makes me uneasy, but maybe I'm just getting old."

Was that the case? Maybe he was just being an overly cautious old man... He wasn't even that old.

CelestiaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552881

File: 1549412803669.png (591.03 KB, 663x1024, Halo.png)

>>41552796
>The more Celestia learned about the situation, the less she approved. The Alliance, it seemed, would be unable to weather the Lich King's assault on their own. At the same time, they could not take forces away from the homefront, for fear of retaliation by the horde. This all seemed to be simple animosity... perhaps her student could come down to solve this issue in camaraderie... It seemed as long as this conflict between the Horde and the Alliance continued, then there would be no hope of defeating the undead threat.
"I think I've come to understand the situation. Were we to lend you support, our troops would be sent to this Light's Hope, to avoid the destruction you fear will come to pass. You ask for our help, because you fear the Horde would march if they sensed weakness."
>She said, neatly summing it up as she thought it over. There was a much more elegant solution that came to her, but she knew the look of a leader stuck in his ways. She'd need to offer her help personally.
"Then, if that is the case, I shall lend you the Expeditionary Forces. All three regiments shall assist you where needed, and my commander Atta shall see to their placement and usage."
>She said, smiling widely as she alighted upon an idea that seemed most wonderful to her! She'd put more than a bandaid on this situation...
"And, as this is a temporary solution, I shall continue to help you in cultivating a permanent one! You say you have bad blood with the Horde, and that is something I can sympathize with. Equestria has had enemies in the past that I personally would hesitate to ally with... But through efforts of my student and her closest friends, even those old wounds have closed."
>She said, before she said the words Atta was hoping she wouldn't. With a self assured smile on her face that lit up the room, she announced
"And so, I shall be ambassador to the Horde. Sometimes to establish a friendship, you must talk through a neutral party, and I find I'm as good a diplomat as any. I'll try to aquire their cooperation. If I cannot get them to lend aid, I will at the very least keep them from intervening."
>She said, smug at having thought of the idea all on her own...

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552885

File: 1549433923676.jpg (121.06 KB, 422x720, 01c7461975c1351e060210498cd682…)

>>41552867
Oh? Well it's nice to hear that. It's not often that I have something like this happen in my travels.
>Returning to lean against the wall, she looked skyward as her ears twitched from the sounds of the parade. Putting a hand to her chin, Sonia thought about her answer for a few minutes.
To be honest, I don't really know how I feel about what's going on just yet. I mean, something like this would be good for the future.
>Lowering her gaze to the ground, she frowned.
But we still don't know how the future would be or the path we would take to get there.
I think it might be best to wait and see how things come to past.
It's what I did after I left home.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552889

>>41552885
"I suppose" he said, nodding. "They're not coming with arrows flying at least." Maybe he was being a pessimistic old man. The way he grew up must have contributed to that.

Quickly, he changed the subject. Might as well talk about something that isn't related to war or political tensions.

"So you were looking to get that bottle enchanted? Is there something special about it?" He asked, glancing at the shop's door, "...Or is it just special to you?"

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552900

File: 1549513688705.jpg (552.96 KB, 714x971, 779d32435b2ff42c2d1182de9d0124…)

>>41552889
Yeah, thank goodness for small victories like that. But the thought of arrows in the air kinda reminds me of home a little bit.
>Perking up as Seigmar asked about the bottle, she nodded.
It's a bit of both actually, that bottle along with this outfit was given to me the day I left home.
It's filled with a special blessed wine that I use in what I do.
>Taking her whip off of her belt, she held it up in front of her.
I use when my whip isn't enough to get things done.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552912

>>41552900
"Wine?" he asked, now even more curious than before. It was obvious that potions and elixirs were a prominent part of any adventurer's life... He hadn't heard of a wine that would assist in combat. "Didn't take you for much of a drinker." He said with a quiet, very brief hum.

"I assume it bolsters your physical abilities?" He said, hazarding a guess. Knowing his years of experience though, guessing wasn't always enough to figure out what something does. You never know what to expect from the most innocuous things.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552927

File: 1549674427611.png (1.09 MB, 800x1131, 58ae8cc97ebe96e989a59b949633b9…)

>>41552912
>Turning away, she scratched her cheek a little.
Well I'm not really much of a drinker to be honest. I do drink every once in a while, but it's not really me.
>Placing her whip back on her belt, she patted it before shaking her head.
Nah, I'm strong on my own because of my training. The wine is actually blessed. I give it to the demons I fight as a final drink.
>Resting her hands between her head and the wall again as she leaned back against it again.
But I do have a question for you though. Why were you so quick to lower your helmet visor when you saw me?

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552936

>>41552927
"Hm..." A final drink, huh? Some sort of holy boon to purify them? Possibly some form of parting gift... A form of respect towards enemies. He didn't understand it and didn't ask, only giving a nod and a reply, "...Demons love wine, I suppose..."

Touching his face plate, he sighed, "...As for that... I just don't like showing my face. I find comfort in my armor and don't want to remove it out in public... Or out of the house for that matter. You wouldn't expect a knight such as I to feel so insecure?"

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552938

File: 1549703679134.jpg (121.06 KB, 422x720, 01c7461975c1351e060210498cd682…)

>>41552936
"I guess so." Turning her head to stare at his helmet, Sonia tilted her head. "I don't really know what to expect from a knight actually. I've never met that many and each one I did was different from the last." She said moving a hand forward to start counting off with her fingers. "Actually, I think you're the fourth I've ever met. The one I've talked to for the longest also."

Moving her hand back behind her head, the rabbit eared woman glanced at the door. "I think I should get ready to go inside and pay for everything." Pushing herself a off the wall, Sonia checked to make sure nothing was on her back. "I think I will go check to see how it going. If it's done, I do hope to see you again before I leave the city." Heading over to the door, she opened it with a nod. "I don't want to keep you here too long." With that said, she walked in.

Seigmar/Nix!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552944

>>41552938
"I do got to return to my duties." He said, nodding, knowing well that his liege was waiting for him. If he hurried, he would be home in time to help with the night time duties. "Have a good day." He said with a nod, before departing

As Sonia would head inside, she'd find the halfling sitting on the counter, counting up her money. Why she had such a large normal sized shop for such a small person was another question. Next to her was the bottle that the rabbit eared girl gave her. "It is done~ I was tempted to taste the drink inside, but I don't drink on the job. wasn't sure what it was either.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552977

File: 1549840743531.png (1.09 MB, 800x1131, 58ae8cc97ebe96e989a59b949633b9…)

>>41552944
"Have a good day." Waving a little before closing the door, she turned to see Nix counting money on the counter. Standing quietly, she watched her from the door. "Huh." Walking up to the counter, she leaned against it on her elbow to look at her bottle.

"I don't recommend doing that." Sonia picked up the bottle and turned it over in her hands. Holding it up to light, the fluid seemed to glow before she placed it back down. "The wine in this is blessed." She said patting the top of the bottle. "So how much do I owe you for both this and the bag?"

Anduin Wrynn and Atta!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552982

File: 1549849046211.jpg (122.44 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg)

>>41552881

Anduin smiled at Celestia's pledge, but there was a clear look of hesitation in his eyes; something wasn't quite adding up for him. "I am grateful beyond words for your aid, Princess Celestia," he said, angling to find the most tact approach for the question even as he verbally barreled headlong towards it, "but... my advisers tell me that there was a fourth, as well. I hope I don't overstep my boundaries by asking if all is well in your homeland, or if Ambassador Sarek simply misheard." Fortunately, Atta fielded that one, and he did it with an easy chuckle.

"You overstepped nothing, Your Grace," the commander said, taking his hand off the map and standing back up, then giving himself a moment to rest his hammer against one of the bookshelves. "All is well at home, and our numbers were supposed to consist of a fourth regiment, but the spellcasters were deemed unready for service at time of launch, and it was decided by the powers that be that we could ill afford to wait. Our mages are quick and talented learners, but the mistress of Wyrdrassil is nothing if not..." He paused for a moment, searching for the words to not inadvertently offend the mare in question's teacher. "... a perfectionist," he finally decided upon. "They will sail at a later date and join us then."

"Hopefully before the heat death of the universe," he added to himself.

One of the ideas that Celestia herself proposed after that little snafu was cleared up sounded considerably more tenable than the other to both men present.

It wouldn't require much time or guessing to figure out which one was in which category.

"The Horde have a long history of aggression and conquest," Anduin began, choosing to not go with his knee-jerk reaction of out and out calling them barbarians. "They do not trust us; if word has already reached them of our summit here, then with all due respect, Your Grace, I do not think they will lend you an ear."

"He may be right," Atta warned, arms crossed and looking at her with an expression somewhere between stern and worried, like a parent talking to a child that had already made up its mind; it would have made for an amusing contrast between the two, were it not for the subject matter. "At least a few of our people anxious to explore the world at large struck out before the expedition fleet; they may very well be in Horde territory already. If you do your portal act right in the middle of their capital, they might see it as an act of aggression... or as an insult." He wasn't sure which one would be worse: he'd heard of the Horde's adherence to honor, and he worried being the second city Celestia visited after their Alliance opposite number would be interpreted as a slap in the face. It would reflect poorly on her, endanger any of their people that might be in the unfamiliar territory, and make things worse for the Alliance then they already were.

His head already hurt at the myriad possibilities. And this was what the humans dealt with every day.

"Is it too late to go home?"
he wondered again.

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41552996

>>41552977
I don't know the exchange rates of how much this would cost but I'll say it's a decent price
Putting down a piece of paper showing the transactions, calculating the price, Nix handed it over to Sonia. "Told ya I have good prices. You took me for a charlatan, didn't you?" Adjusting her monocle, the halfling stood up, standing on the counter to make herself at head level with Sonia. "Be sure to stop by again if you're around, I know I would."

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553013

File: 1549921650673.png (1 MB, 1207x1353, 0b7c9c10291940ec2fe0f68dabbb3e…)

>>41552996
"Me walking in to see you sitting here counting money really didn't help your case." Sonia pointed out as she took out the money to pay for everything. Watching Nix stand up on the counter to face her, she lowered one of her ears. "I'll see if I can. But I thought you wanted to know where I get my clothes from."

Seigmar/Nix!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553066

>>41553013
"Oh hush," she said, "I did want to know. You can tell me and still stop by." She said, confused by the girl's statement. What a puzzling girl, she thought to herself, A good sale regardless.

"What do you plan to do after this?" She asked, now curious.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553071

File: 1550044216599.jpg (121.06 KB, 422x720, 01c7461975c1351e060210498cd682…)

>>41553066
"Well I really don't know when I'll visit this city again." She said taking the bottle and clipping it to her belt. "So my next visit to this shop might not be for a long time." Putting the satchel's strap over her shoulder, Sonia then went back to leaning on the counter.

"Well I was just going to go back to the inn I'm staying at while I'm here and wait out the end of the festivities. Then go and get something to eat before heading back and going to bed."

!2/0gPatch.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553130

>>41553071
"Fair enough, fair enough," the halfling said, nodding, "I sometimes take a caravan out for sales on the road, might see me there, might not. It's a small world after all."

Maybe she'd go out and enjoy the festivities herself. There weren't many people coming here anyways... Maybe chat it up with some of the visitors, see what she can sell them on.
Did they use horseshoes? Maybe she could sell them on those.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553197

File: 1550373340323.jpg (110.06 KB, 574x859, ab3e08bb65370989a8ce504d6078a9…)

>>41553130
"I dunno, the world is a lot bigger than I thought." Turning towards the door, Sonia moved away from the counter to head towards it. "But who knows? Maybe I will see you out there in the world sometime. " Placing her hand on the door handle, she pulled it open. "But then again I could stop here again on my way out and pick up a few more things for the road ahead."

CelestiaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41553314

File: 1550631895553.jpg (143.58 KB, 1024x1024, Angery.jpeg)

>>41552982
>Celestia listened to their protests with a polite smile, thinking of the possibilities. Even if they did not see her visit as a friendly one, she would not be the one that chose not to extend an olive branch. If she was going to pledge her nation to a fight, she would at least ensure that she did not drag them into any other conflicts or grudges. She was cool at the king's assertions, and said simply.
"And I'm sure with your history, they would have every right to harbor resentment... Or would you say that the conditions you provided for them after the second war were entirely satisfactory?"
>She asked, giving Anduin a firm gaze. For the first time, he could see a shadow of the fire that had been in her eyes, and a ghost of the godlike visage she had supressed upon coming to the castle.
"I am offering you support of the expeditionary force, Anduin, for the purposes of defeating the Lich King... who, if my memory serves, is a former member of the Alliance. My forces are not to be involved in any conflict with the Horde, and have in fact been ordered to abstain from any fighting between your two nations that might occur. Anduin, I hold the Alliance in highest esteem, but your history is not without its stains. They may have been the ones to strike the first blow, but I've yet to see either side make amends. I am going to the Horde to offer them the support of the Wyrdassil battlemages, and that of a portion of my own Royal Guard. Luna herself has gone to entreaty the Caesar to our south for further reinforcement, and if that comes to fruition, the Horde will enjoy their services as well."
>She said, fluffing her wings a bit to get them to lay comfortably, which had the added effect of making her look a bit larger and more impressive. She smiled down at him, much like a mother would.
"However, if they are as unreasonable and quick to see insult where none exists as you say, then you've nothing to fear from me going, but potential new allies in your fight against the Lupercal."
>She said, with an air of finality. She'd made up her mind...
This post was edited by its author on .


Delete Post [ ]
Edit Post
[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]