[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

The place for, well, roleplaying. Feel free to jump in.
Name
?

This field is optional. You can choose any name you want, or you can post anonymously by leaving this field empty.

Tripcodes are a way to identify yourself between posts without having to register with the site. To use a tripcode, enter your name as ‹name›#‹key›.You can choose anything you want as the key—it is private and will never be shown to other posters or stored on the server. For example:

Rarity#bestpony → Rarity!.4PK7yxdII

If you want a tripcode containing specific words, you can download a program designed to search for tripcodes, such as Tripcode Explorer.

Email?

Entering an e-mail is optional.

There are also code words you can enter here which perform certain actions when you submit your post.

  • sage — lets you post without bumping a thread.
  • nonoko — uses the original post behavior to redirect to the board index.

These can be used at the same time as an e-mail address by typing ‹email›#‹action›.

You can also use Skype names in place of an e-mail. The notation is the same as a link to a username on skype itself, which is skype:‹username›

Subject
Comment?
Giving emphasis
[b] Bold [/b] Ctrl + B
[i] Italic [/i] Ctrl + I
[u] Underlined [/u] Ctrl + U
[s] Strikethrough [/s] Ctrl + R
Hiding text
[?] Spoiler text [/?] Ctrl + S
[h] Hide block of text [/h] Ctrl + H
Special
[rcv] Royal Canterlot voice [/rcv] Ctrl + K
[shy] Fluttershy voice [/shy]
[cs] Comic Sans [/cs]
[tt] Monospaced [/tt]
[d20], [4d6] — Dice rolls
URLs and linking
Link to a post on the current board
>>1234
Link to another board
>>>/pony/
Link to a post on another board
>>>/pony/1234
Hypertext links
[url=https://www.ponychan.net/] Ponychan [/url]
File
Options
Password?

This field is for editing and deletions.


File: 1522470545888.png (1.02 MB, 1920x1080, jNZd3Ze.png)

The Lost Light Rebellion 4: Total Fucking Chaos Edition CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541214[Last 50 Posts]

#IC #Canon: TLL #Ask/Invite

LLLLADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE JOEL MARAVALLE SHOW!

>The serenity of the pristine new set was instantly shattered, it's host charging onstage with a berserker shriek, a gleaming golden battleaxe clutched in both hands as he immediately set to work dismembering his polished desk with wild attacks. A marathon of destruction followed as he mangled the furniture with every variety of tool at his disposal.


>After several minutes of this, almost the entire set reduced to rubble, he collapsed into his chair. Instantly, the holodeck shimmered, and the debris vanished, replaced by brand new, identical furniture.


>For several long moments, Joel stares into the middle distance, before standing up and sauntering over to a microphone by the front of the stage.


Hey, hey everyone!

>He shouted to a blatantly fake audience consisting of the same five people in vaguely different outfits, with the sole example of the hulking Pax Cultura, looking fairly awkward in the face of Joel's chaos.


Welcome to the first episode of the show, it's a great thing to finally get this started, and I'm hoping it only gets better.

>Behind him, a bookshelf glitches, turning into a wireframe before turning itself inside out and beginning to rattle ominously.


We've had a pretty crazy time lately, pretty crazy time. We've got Logan and some weird chick going and rescuing some new guys from some asshole, those lesbian rocks joined up, that's pretty neat. They've got a kid who turns into a murderous monster, I like that one. You've got those two Saiyans on a quest for a healing flower or some shit, that other Saiyan getting in a fight to rescue her girlfriend from her asshole mom's hired thug. Oh! It's that wrestler! I almost forgot! That's cool.

>The bookshelf returns to it's wooden texture, flashing through a dozen other textures on the way, before violently exploding, the shards vanishing as safety protocols finally kick in.


You've got that one asshole and his robot wife investigating a ghost ship. I hope he dies, that'd make me happy. Bolone's brother showed up, too. He's an asshole but a cool one. But the important bit is we're on vacation! We're here in the Galactic Protectorate, and we're having a fantastic time, by which I mean Emily's been dragging me around museums for a solid three weeks now. But the race is tomorrow! See me at the Moreau Open in my custom Thorson Kestrel!

>He coughs, shifting.


Oh yeah, we're supposed to have a co-host. He'll be around later, scout's honor. I think he's still hiding.

>Abruptly, the door explodes inward violently as Leena makes her entrance.


"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT LADY SHIJOU YOU MOTHERFU--"

<WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK


Wiki: http://the-lost-light-rebellion-rp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Light:_Rebellion_RP_Wikia

Previous thread: https://www.ponychan.net/rp/res/41515247.html

OOC: https://www.ponychan.net/rp/res/41515894.html

Areanu, Jet, and Pax!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541218

File: 1522471243275.png (248.94 KB, 394x527, tumblr_mtyl4hjv8q1sw5jbso1_400…)

>first

Shuuja, Fleetwood, and FriendsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541231

>Fleetwood would have to nurture Jet's wounded pride on the ship. Shuuja wasn't one for subtlety as she came in for landing, rolling her eyes.
"Don't care. I have a ship to clean up. Again. Welcome to the Lost Light, pick a room, and don't touch my stuff."
>She said, landing in the hangar before dropping the offramp.
"Now scram."
>Shuuja hung an arm off the back of her captain's chair, pointing a thumb at the exit. It all sounded harsh, but she had a soft, sarcastic smile for the newbies. Fleetwood had been raised by a mother that rarely showed much kindness or affection, and she recognized the look, and returned one of her own.
"Sure thing. Didn't want to stay on a ship that stunk this bad anyway~"
>She teased, getting a muffled 'why I aughtta...' out of Shuuja. The entirety of the LL laid out before them, the two refugees taking their first steps into their new lives.
"I think we'll be just fine."

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541237

File: 1522481352996.jpg (120.96 KB, 528x600, dot dot dot.jpg)

> Three weeks. Three weeks of scouring academic and medical networks, asking about quasi-sentient nanotechnology, helping contain Toby Koole, and improving her strength and weight...

> Three weeks and there was still nothing to be found.


> She'd hoped that a database that remained open to her would... Would do something.


> But so far most of what she'd found had been tech bases that... That slowly became familiar, almost nostalgic, as time went on.


> At least she was getting healthier at a good clip-- and anything she could do to speed up that process was fine by her.


> But there it was, mandated rests were mandated. It had taken only one brief moment of collapse, where it felt like her heart was about to leap from her chest and her entire being was on fire, to dissuade her from attempts to work harder, no matter how much better she felt about life now.


> Collapsing after fueling that Zoid cannon had been a horrible few days. HIDS had read her the riot act, care of Emily.


> But now, shore leave was nearly over, and she was no closer to discovering anything about her past, or her family, or whatever the hell species she was. Best guess anyone had was that she was a strange mechamorph mutant, or something.


> She sighed, and restrained the childish urge to thump the console. It was listening to her just fine, and stealing mannerisms like that would just piss off Kasumi.


> But what could she do now? There wasn't much time left...

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541259

File: 1522532971074.jpg (894.89 KB, 2973x2155, Hahaha.jpg)

>>41541169

>BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!


>Staggering away from the thrown smaller Saiyan, Scorzon only barely realised what was happening due to the screaming in his ear. He turned his head to...what looked an awful lot like the princess he had been tasked to retrieve, but if she'd been painted chrome. And from the screaming, it sounded a lot like her too...But what wasn't much like the Princess was the boiling hot gout of plasma that burst out in his general direction.


>The burning heat of it could be felt even before it got near him! Pushing through his battle jacket and turning the ground around him to ash and cinders...There wasn't any way he could guard against that heat, and a smile split on his face as he saw what the simple princess was capable of, but her attack never reached him.


>Scorzon broke away from the flight, floating above the pool of lava and staring down at the pair of them. A testament to Circe's heat was that he could still feel it even warming him up through his boots. The Saiyan felt no fear, instead, he laughed happily, holding his arms out to attempt to halt the pair of them while he caught his breath


Oh man! The guy said the locket was to keep you quiet, but I never thought this was what he meant! Just how crazy are you?! You're not so bad either for a newbie!

>He said, addressing Spina cordially. At the moment, he almost looked totally relaxed, like an unofficial ceasefire had been called in the fight as the older Saiyan collected his breath and chuckled to himself about the oddity of what had happened so far.

Lukas Prestridge!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541284

File: 1522558603079.jpg (18 KB, 236x283, 7dacb53a9e91a350bfa6dfc20708cd…)

>>41541196
>Being beat to shit wasn't exactly the newest experience in the world for Lukas, by being beaten with someone else was something else entirely.
>If it weren't for his lightly armoured clothing, and ability to use small force pulses to lighten the blows of Eva as a physical object, he might've left unable to move - he could already feel his bones screaming as he attempted to stand, to send a force-clad fist desperately at the black mass in front of him.

And how... do you suggest we do that...!?

Saban!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541492

File: 1522692194780.png (35.33 KB, 214x228, what is it.png)

>while the Lost Light's medbay was frequently in use, it was thankfully short on any serious and hectic situations
>so there were plenty of times where everything was perfectly quiet
>the patients were stable and getting their deserved rests, the sound of light chatter or videos from their tablets acting as background noise
>at times like this, the medical staff could take the time for some well-earned rest

>Saban didn't spend much of her breaks in the break room

>instead, she simply picked out an empty bed and had her rest upon it for a few minutes
>they had plenty of room in case of a sudden emergency, and it's not like she was asleep either
>at the first sign of trouble, she could easily spring back into action, and nurse the crap out of somebody

>but until then, she was enjoying her little break from work

>with a tablet leaning on her legs, she casually perused through whatever seemed interesting to her on the ship's public logs
>a lot of the crew members had taken fondly to the system, and it was a good way for everyone to connect somehow even if they worked on entirely different sectors
>Saban herself had considered joining in with some logs of her own, but she couldn't even begin to think what she could bring to the table
>so for now, she was fine with simply reading through other people talking about their interests, gossips and stories

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541493

File: 1522693546965.png (331.19 KB, 475x499, Angry.png)

>>41541168

>Darkness. Though sound echoed around him of Carmilla's fretting and Faline responding. Clearly everyone got through okay. Merik shifted around in the inky black before holding up a ball of light in his palm to light up the way around them, responding to Carmilla's worry after a short pause of him looking about the room.


...I am fine.

>Physically, that was true. He had some minor scrapes from the rough landing, but otherwise, he was in top condition...Though the heavy use of the energy in order to keep himself warm coupled with the combat was starting to drain him. If he kept up the heavy use, he might end up too tired to properly function later in the climb. The ball of energy in Merik's hand seems to shrink in size, as the light it offers follows suit, if the Whitehorn were to supply her own light, then he could continue conserving his energy for now...But that still raised the problem of where they were.


>Using the dim light from the ball of energy, Merik held it up and scanned around the cave, raising his voice to try and address the pair of them.


So, where do we go from here?

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541494

File: 1522694873003.jpg (641.78 KB, 1920x1072, Teen.Titans.The.Judas.Contract…)

>>41541492
>The public logs were updated pretty constantly, and it wasn't long until Shuuja's update hit. As Saban was reading it, it'd likely be her first warning.

[PearlyWhites]: Just rescued a couple of lovebirds from some sort of snake thing. with [baenei] and [Logan]. Ended pretty messy #extrachunky. The guy's got some sort of freaky chest wound. #robocop. They're probably headed your way [GreatSaiyan].

>Oh, goody. Surely there was nothing Saban liked more than company? And sure enough, it was scant minutes before Fleetwood came through that door, her voice carrying through the clinic as she got to the desk.

"Ummm... excuse me? We were told to report here. The map was very confusing! This is the medbay yes?"
>Fleetwood was used to having to use a voice that carried through endless tunnels, and broke through the aural receptors of the nearly deaf Riptire... So her caterwauling probably made sense to Jet. Less so to the patients.

Jet!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541496

File: 1522695562746.jpg (24.99 KB, 361x726, 5e7e6cac78a3e41f95455e0f1d1bc6…)

>>41541492
>>41541494

Jet would nonetheless wince at the volume, but that wasn't so much Fleetwood's fault necessarily as it was the fact he wasn't used to the regular volume in a place where it was so damn quiet. Even on the mining colony it had never gotten below a dull roar, building-sized diamond-borers eternally rumbling the ground beneath your feet and giving your eardrums a solid grumble to deal with at all times; the ambient noise on board the Lost Light was almost unnerving in comparison.

That didn't mean he chimed in when Fleetwood was done hollering, but if the machine-belying hole in his getup and chest's synthskin was any indication, it would probably go a ways towards helping Saban put two and two together.

"It... looks like one, anyway," he mused, looking around the environment that to the trained eye was definitely more sterile than the rest of the ship, but to him looked the same shade of blinding, pristine white as everything else. The rare times he'd gotten put under badly enough to go to the colony doctors, their standard of cleanliness was generally "Whatever has the least rust on it." He'd only seen this level of cleanliness once in his entire life, and the comparison was enough to put him on edge a bit, but he at least had the presence of mind to keep himself calm with the reminder that whatever this place was, it definitely wasn't the nightmare they'd escaped from.

Saban!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541497

File: 1522696417544.png (379.84 KB, 660x935, not impressed.png)

>>41541494
>as soon as Saban got the message, she had already jumped off the bed
>she quickly tapped her fingers over the tablet, sending a quick thank you to Shuuja for the warning
>heading closer to the front of the medbay, she only needed to wait for her patients to arrive

>and once Fleetwood made her presence known, it was very difficult to miss

>Saban didn't seem too perturbed by her loud voice, since her volume was around your average Saiyan get-together
Yes yes, you're in the right place!
>she quickly answered, wandering a bit closer to the two
I am Saban, and I'll be attending you.
>Saban never really dressed the part, and her torn thick coat stood out like a sore thumb among the medbay
>but she never failed to speak with the proper authority of the medical staff, and quickly motioned to the nearest empty cot
Please take a seat and tell me everything.
>while she could hazard a guess, she wasn't going to poke around anybody without knowing as much details as possible

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541498

File: 1522697129850.png (418.44 KB, 611x869, If I cross my arms, they get b…)

>>41541497
>Fleetwood looked to the shabby coat with uncertainty, and then the proclamation that this homely woman would be taking care of Jet did nothing to assuage her first impressions. She'd let Jet tell his story first, but she stood by possessively, in that posture that screamed 'mother hen'.
>Saban, meanwhile, might realize how incredibly slutty the clothes that Fleetwood and Jet were wearing were. On top of this mystery woman having effortlessly beautiful straw gold hair, a cute face, and... assets, she was going around in a miniskirt that even Fleetwood herself seemed uncomfortable with.
>Either way, the two refugees seemed dirty and battle worn, both of them splattered with the fluids of the guards they'd had to kill to get out of there.
>Somehow, she even managed to make battle grime look good!
This post was edited by its author on .

Jet and Pax!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541499

File: 1522698584139.jpg (61.12 KB, 540x792, a7527ca88d5a7e6bcc60421853d523…)

>>41541497
>>41541498

Well now Jet was just sorta stuck in between a rock and a hard place. He had the sinking feeling the 'everything' the nurse was asking for was going to be woefully inadequate, and he'd scooted by enough barroom blitzes to read the shift in Fleetwood's stance and the slight tenseness in her atmosphere. "Uh, well," he started, plopping onto the cot and looking back to Saban. "Nice to meet you, Saban, first of all," the young cyborg began in his best diplomatic tone, which was probably - hopefully - better than nothing. "Long story short, mostly because I don't know most of the story myself," he began, letting out a small, self-aware laugh like he was actively dying on-stage at a comedy club, "both of us are from an Imperial mining world not far from here." Was it far from here? He had no idea where they were in relation to-- whatever! Focus! "I worked in the mines, Fleetwood helped the only mechanic we had in the entire habdome." A pause as he tried to find a way to fill in the gaps from there and failed spectacularly. "Up until a few months ago, I was one hundred percent human- my best guess is that I was caught in a faked corbomite explosion the Empire used as a front to get more test subjects, and this morning, well..." He looked down, pressing two fingers against what little give was present on the fiber-weave muscle strands; no change was evident in the lights that winked back and forth along his exposed inner workings in response to the pressure. "This morning I was a cyborg being busted out of a hidden research facility underneath the barren rock I've lived on my entire life, I got shot-- scratch that, I got shot, and I caved in a security droid's head that's rated for cave-ins with one good swing. I'm stronger, I'm tougher, I don't know why, and there's a fucking hole in my chest that should have put me down the second that Jeek pulled the trigger."

Another, longer pause.

"So it's been a weird day. I like your coat, by the way."

>>>AND MEANWHILE WITH ARSENE OH GOD I'M SO SORRY PATCHES


The question visibly struck a chord with Pax, a pained look quickly sobering up the old mech as he looked back down at Prowler; the turbofox, as if able to read his change in mood, stopped squirming around playfully and cocked her head inquisitively to one side with a curious chirrup. "I wish I did," he admitted. "Even if he's gone beyond our aid, it would be better than just this... this perpetual uncertainty."

The Cybertronians had been locked in a bitter civil war for millions of years, and suddenly it had come to an uneasy ceasefire just like that; what sort of torment must that be for them, unable to even try to move on with their lives with the knowledge always in the back of their minds that one day their leaders might return and it would all begin anew? Or that only one of their leaders might return? What would that mean for the army still bereaved?

Saban!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541500

File: 1522700403218.png (341.51 KB, 800x449, why is it doing that.png)

>>41541498
>Saban took note of Fleetwood's outfit fairly quickly, as it was just as hard to miss as her voice
>she quite liked it, and wondered if that was standard uniform from where they came from, or if she could simply buy something similar for herself
>questions best left for later
>>41541499
>Saban's neutral expression changed very little during Jet's story, but the Saiyan listened to what few details the man could provide
>as he talked she reached into one of her coat's many pockets, taking out a very small, pen-sized flashlight
>pulling a chair closer for herself with her foot, she quickly took a seat and turned the flashlight on
>without interrupting Jet she leaned in close on his chest, using the flashlight to illuminate his insides
>the synthetic nature of his body was rather obvious right from the start, not just because of how it looked, but also because Saban couldn't quite smell much meat or blood on him
>reaching forward, she gently poked at Jet's skin, even rubbing her finger slightly to get a good feel for it
>definitely synthetic, but of very good material; considering they were under the Empire's thumb, that only seemed natural
>she couldn't help but feel sorry for what sounded like truly dreadful lives, but work came before any of that
>at his final comment, Saban was quick to respond:
Thank you. I made it myself.
>before straightening up in her chair, turning off her flashlight
Well, I think it's quite clear why you feel stronger and tougher than before. You're a cyborg now, so enhanced physical traits above those of regular humans are common after the process.
>she leaned in once more, taking a big whiff of the man before straightening back again
And from the smell of it, you've had quite a lot of your original body replaced...
>she frowned slightly, tilting her head as she stared at Jet's chest further, making note of everything that could be seen just from there
...

...

Well...
>before looking up at Jet with a more apologetic look on her face
The good news is, it doesn't seem as if your systems were damaged in the fight. I don't believe you're in any danger of suffering a malfunction from this any time soon.

The bad news... well...
>she let her voice trail off, fairly certain she wasn't about to say anything Jet already hadn't known or feared

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541504

File: 1522709905338.png (87.27 KB, 446x163, nightmareface.PNG)

>>41541259
>>41541169

>In the aftermath of the blast of pure heat, the open field around Scorzon was left a burnt hell of lava and scorched earth... yet still the black rocks scattered across that portion remain intact, almost entirely unscathed. Whatever they were made of, it wasn't normal stone.


>Spina, launched away from the devastation, hauled herself to her feet with uncharacteristic caution, taking a fighting stance once more as she breathed heavily.


I must say, Scorzon! Even with how scripted wrestling surely is, you display even greater skill than you do in the ring!

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541507

>>41541500
>>41541499
>As Saban talked, she could see Fleetwood's eyes grow stormy, her anguish and worry callously disregarded by this... this... this woman!. Even the chop doctor back in the mines had had better bedside manner and they were mechanical!
"You're a cyborg now"
>We knew that already! Thank you for taking a moment of your time to tell us that..
"Part of the process"
>Saban heard Fleetwood's knuckles go white on the staff as she heard the professional medical diagnosis.
"A lot of your original body replaced"
>... Oh no... Worry and guilt played in equal parts in her head. She should of gone after them, saved him sooner...
"doesn't seem as if your systems were damaged"
>No, you do not get to talk to him like that! He is a person! A human, just like you and me! Just because they did something horrible to him does not mean you get to refer to him like... like... like a busted engine!
"I don't believe you're in any danger of suffering a malfunction"

"I will make you suffer a malfunction!"
>Oh, shit. She'd said that aloud. It wasn't stopping her now as she stomped, her lip trembling.
"He is a patient, and you will nottalk to him like he is a broken toaster! He has a heart, even if it seems you do not!"
>She said, though Saban had likely seen this before. The mixture of stress and the high strain put on because of the last day of battle and escape overwhelmed the senses, and left people a mess. Wartime Stress Disorder.

Jet and Pax!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541508

File: 1522717190249.jpg (124.2 KB, 894x894, nightwing10_by_lkikai-d96gmnz.…)

>>41541500

Well, it wasn't like they hadn't already assumed as much; Areanu's assessment had put him in a good bit of shellshock already, but getting an official diagnosis from someone who clearly knew her way around medical tools was enough for the facade of lightheartedness to crumble as the young man's face fell. "Well, there it is then," he sighed, crestfallen. Just as soon as they'd found a new future for themselves with the rebellion, it seemed like the Empire had still managed to strip him of everything. For the first time ever, it hit him all at once just how cold, big, and uncaring the universe was, how he hadn't even known all the secrets a single speck of it had held and how quickly the galaxy's governing power had turned his entire life upside down on a gods-damned whim.

"That thing on the ship was right. I'm just a lab rat." He practically spit out the last two words, anger and revulsion and horror and remorse fighting to boil to the surface first as he squeezed his fists and stared into the middle distance.

>>41541507

And then it was all knocked aside and replaced with shock at Fleetwood's sudden declaration, Jet unable to suppress a spike of worry that she was talking to him (even if he had no reason to think that; fear was a strange and fickle mistress, to be sure) that just as quickly subsided when he saw who she was talking to. "Fleetwood," he tried to cut in as calmly as he could as he stood to face her, but it wasn't exactly easy to remain level-headed, given the circumstances. "She's right. I mean..." Another helpless gesture at his exposed chest cavity, the mechanical inner workings, the near-solid wall of fibrous muscle strands that made up his new muscular structure. "Look at me."

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541509

File: 1522717547709.jpg (43.25 KB, 791x1009, day_5__blue___ramiel_by_mrmark…)

>And from the dark, it came.

>Here, in the capitol system of the Galactic Protectorate, there was never a moment where things stopped. There were lulls, yes, but it was always active. This, however, was one of the biggest times. Traffic surged between stations and planets alike, as shifts changed for all manner of jobs.


>It was like a living thing, as many societies were, but as one of the largest concentrated examples of this sort of thing in the galaxy, it was a thing of beauty. Sometimes, people would occasionally comment, it almost seemed like it was being conducted by a remote hand of unknown scale. And it all gleamed in the starlight.


>And from the dark, it came.


>And it too, gleamed in the starlight. It had eight perfect sides, each impossibly smooth, and a deep, reflective blue. There were no sensors that could have detected it's approach, no alarms that could warn of it's coming. It simply arrived. There was a long silence before anyone started to talk about it, before ships began to swarm around it. There was no response to any of the probings of sensors, to any form of communication attempted with it. There was only the bright blue lance of light, sweeping like a scythe through the void. Hundreds of people died in the first shot, their ships blossoming into fire and death as it sliced them apart.


>And then there came the voice. It echoed through the void not as sound, but as sensation. And then there was the Word, not heard, but felt. Nobody in the system did not know it, as if the words were spoken into their very soul.


I AM. THROUGH THE WILL OF HE WHO IS KNOWN AS I AM, I HAVE COME. THOUGH I TREAD NOT UPON THE BASE EARTH IN MY SACRED VISIT, I BRING THE WILL, AND THE WILL IS THE TEST. YOU WILL PASS OR DIE. THIS IS THE WILL OF I AM.

I AM RAMIEL, ANGEL OF LIGHTNING, THUNDER OF GOD. I HAVE COME.

THUS BEGINS THE THIRD TRIAL OF MAN.

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541510

File: 1522722338576.jpg (351.55 KB, 1280x1331, ba74507f8d3c47a27990a0dd7e45eb…)

>>41541509

>Emma looked up from her console.


> Perhaps, in the end, it was a little bit unhealthy for her to think this, but--


"It appears I have a purpose."

> She starts taking a careful walk down to the hangar bay... Which turns into hitching a ride on a mobile fabber about partway through the first corridor.

Logan Nash/'Eadga Trukknomanca/Tekhartha Zenyatta!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541511

File: 1522722698170.jpg (9.21 KB, 153x153, Nash_whatthefuckdoInamethis3.j…)

>>41541509
>Logan heard the damage before he saw it. He was in the middle of a swig of some foreign spirit he'd taken a liking to, and in the middle of a conversation with a woman he'd taken a liking to when that great scythe of death came slashing.
>Perhaps the 2 or 3 miles of distance he had from ground zero enabled his reaction, but Logan took Ramiel's words as a challenge.

"Oh I'll try YOU, motherfucker!"

>Logan stood from his booth at the pub. He'd scarcely even thought of the conversation he was having. Aiqa already had his contact info, and could use it once she'd gotten herself to safety.

>So, he finished off that bottle of what he'd come to call "Space Absinthe" and gripped the neck to use as a club. It would have to do until he made it back to his locker at the arena.
>Once he was geared up? Oh ho ho hoh, these chodesmokers would be in a WORLD of hurt for what they did!
This post was edited by its author on .

Logan Nash/Tekhartha Zenyatta/'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541513

File: 1522725488986.jpg (178.48 KB, 1228x1100, zenyatta-concept.jpg)

>>41541509
>Zenyatta was far from the blast as it happened, but could see it in the sky over the garden world he'd come to.
>Just 10 minutes ago, Zenyatta bid farewell to a fellow traveller with whom he'd discussed stoicism with. Just 5 minutes ago, Zenyatta had begun to meditate on the conversation that he'd had. 1 minute ago, that sourceless voice pierced through his mindscape and broke his serene state of mind.
>Now? Zenyatta's first instinct was to immediately make his way back to the Lost Light. Something told him he'd be needed there.

"Iris preserve me." He whispered to himself.

>With that simple mantra, Zenyatta began his trek back to where the Lost Light was docked. Fear and anger dogged at the outer corners of his mind, but neither overcame him. Nor did any assumptions about his fate. Only that simple objective of "get back to the ship" and the mantra of "Iris preserve me" went through his mind.

>Perhaps it was that serenity that brought him home in one piece. Perhaps, Zenyatta hoped, that same serenity would influence those around him in such a way as to make their survival happen. That, and the judicious use of his Orb of Harmony along the way.

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541514

File: 1522725912626.png (11.37 KB, 147x155, 9BwnLQB.png)

>>41541509
"..."

>'Eadga removed his finger from his nose.


"Good fing I ain't a man..."

>Aaaaaaaaaand right back in.

Motorcade!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541517

File: 1522726625249.jpg (121.37 KB, 500x375, 49e34084a0268d82dbfb46c4202840…)

>>41541509

>In the middle of the big velocitronian race, Motorcade grinds to a stop, rubber grinding into the pavement as she felt the words reverberate through her


>Much as she wanted to keep racing, as she wanted to finish, this had to be dealt with


>She didn't know what, if anything, she could do to that thing but she did know what she could do

>She hadn't been using this ability prior, it'd be cheating in the race after all, but now it was all but a necessity

>a clock in her mind ticks counting down, each tick a little slower before she feels everything around follow and in the slowed time she drives off out of the race track, using the skill as much as she could to get to her ship


>As she entered, she had a serious look on her face



>Using a comlink on the ship she tried to get a message sent to Grind


Grind, we need to make sure people get to safety, how many fleshies do you think we can we get on The Shore?
This post was edited by its author on .

Saban!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541531

File: 1522736232957.png (397.09 KB, 929x519, stop being silly.png)

>>41541507
>like practically every Saiyan, Saban had always had a very fiery temper
>unlike most Saiyans however, she knew when and where it was warranted or not
>Fleetwood's objections to her methods weren't something she hadn't had to deal with before, from patients and friends of patients alike
>while it still annoyed her that she was getting these sort of accusations, she knew better than throw it back on Fleetwood's face
I assure you, I have no intentions of making light of this young man's situation.
>she calmly stated, albeit in a tone that could still come off as somewhat cold to those unfamiliar with her
Much of the Lost Light's crew is composed of cybernetically-enhanced members, if not completely autonomous machines...
>she slipped her flashlight back into her pocket
And they are no less alive than someone made of meat and blood.
>>41541508
>she glanced at Jet, her face scrunching up into a subtle frown
>at least the actual patient was being a bit more levelheaded with the situation, albeit rather defeatist
>it was a mentality the Saiyan could never truly understand, which always tended to create a lot of contention between her and some people: most cried over the loss of their hands, and how they couldn't fight anymore; Saban simply wondered why they couldn't still use their feet
>it took her a while to get the hang of keeping her opinions to herself, but maybe she had gotten a bit too good at it
>it's why she preferred working on the field rather than the medbay, as people expected things to be done swiftly and straightforward rather than politely and carefully
...I am very sorry.
>she simply added, turning away from the couple(?) in order to think for a moment
I also regret to inform that this situation is slightly out of my field of expertise...
>she reached for her trusty tablet, quickly beginning to tap away at the screen in search of something
>while she could probably easily cover up the wound with some of their own synthetic skin, she couldn't be absolutely certain if that truly was everything necessary
But I know someone who can help mend your wounds, and provide a more thorough analysis.
>at least, she hoped they could, but she wasn't about to lower the mood further
>she had never actually spoken to her and only received secondhand accounts, but if what she heard was true then this was the only person she could think of who could help Jet on such short notice

Laptop PatchesCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541543

>>41541499
>marking this so I can respond to it tomorrow

Laptop PatchesCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541547

>>41541499
...Oh...

>Arsene sulked, his expression going from its usual upbeat grin, to a frown.


Sorry...

>So there was no confirmation that he's dead but none that he's alive either?


...I feel the same way about my parents. Not knowing if he's alive or dead or what else.

>looking at his wings, Arsene hummed. His sisters and "parents" all had black feathers and black hair. It was his first and most obvious clue to that he was adopted.

>Although, he felt his family conflicts couldn't hold a candle to the Cybertronian civil war.

If he came back, if you don't mind me asking, what would happen? To the Cybertronians or the Rebellion?

Charlotte!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541548

File: 1522748909210.png (55.41 KB, 633x717, 2b30ecfcbcf6fe57f268c9ea8b7b59…)

>>41541509

>...Of all the times for the Captain to be legitimately actually drunk, it had to be now"

>No, it couldn't be when she was fighting alien bugs with acid blood, nor when dealing with Saya and Joel butting heads
>It was when there was a god damn voice shoving through her soul that it had to be a thing

>She pushes a button on her datapad and mumbles over the comms systems


Normally wouldn't do this frooom where and when I'm at now but- That sounds not good. We should do something- get the big robots and throw them at it

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541563

>>41541531
>Fleetwood heard Saban, her own temper flaring. But there were two voices telling her what she was feeling was wrong; the little, weak one in her head, and the stronger, firmer one in Jet's. She hung her head in shame, not sure how she'd even go about apologizing...
"I... I'm just worried about him. I... we're both scared of what happened to us..."
>She said, shaking her head. Truth be told, she didn't want to be examined. She was afraid of finding the same mechanical influences underneath her own skin. She was terrified of what the empire had taken from her...
>A single tear leaked down her cheek, before she looked to the doctor with a mix of hope and worry.
"A specialist... who is she?"

Jet, Pax, and Jinx!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541565

File: 1522795278745.jpg (535.86 KB, 1493x832, 074329ed747daa9ceb50784464736b…)

>>41541531
>>41541563

Jet frowned at Fleetwood's turn in mood; he would never have called it an improvement, but at least he was no longer worried about her underestimating her own new strength and accidentally throttling the ship's nurse to get themselves settled into the rebellion on their first day. They had a lot to think about and uncover yet, and killing practitioners wasn't going to help them do any of that. Saban's mention of 'knowing a guy,' as it were, brought the young man's attention back to her as curiosity and hope anxiously cleared their throats in the midst of the no-holds-barred free-for-all that was his current emotional state. "Yeah?" he ventured hesitantly. "You mean... like, Transformers, or people like me, or...?" Even if it wasn't a frame of reference he would understand, hell, the idea that someone could at least fix up that damn hole in his chest was something to latch onto.

>>41541547

"No, it's quite all right," Pax said, rallying for another smile in the hopes Arsene wouldn't feel quite as bad for drudging up the thought before he hummed and mulled the question over with a thoughtful look. "Truthfully?" he finally replied. "I like to think news of his return would spread like wildfire, and every Autobot and freedom-loving sentient still out there would rally to us to take a stand against the Empire." He smiled again. "That's just what I like to think, of course... but it's not like Optimus hasn't set a precedence for bringing light to hopelessness before. Cybertron would have been Megatron's uncontested if it wasn't for him."

>>41541509
>>41541514

The iridescent purple Autobot's tires squealed as she flung herself aside, skidding to a halt sideways on the side of the track to leave plenty of room for the organics without the benefit of being their vehicle to register what was happening and crash somewhere she wasn't involved with. Visual sensors swept for where the Decepticreep had slithered off to, a suspicious growl masked by the throaty revving of her engine as smoke peeled out from spinning, squealing tires, Jinx herself making for the nearest vehicle exit. Bad things were happening and a 'Con was involved. Naturally, the 'Con was guilty. Solution? Find the 'Con. "Alright, Decepticreep, where'd ya slink off to...?"

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541567

>>41541504
>>41541259
>The plasma scoured the forest clean, the baptism of fire rendering trees into fragile torches before burning them to smoke and ash. Scorzon got out just in time, his jacket smoking from the heat, his hair waving in the fiery wind of the devastation. Circe's shot lost purchase with the earth, the fire rising into the atmosphere a few miles distant. The plasma didn't disappear into space however; It was caught by the planet's magnetic field, and rained back into the upper atmosphere, lighting up the sky in auroras that illuminated the battlefield in celestial ribbons... it was almost beautiful enough to distract from the blackened and destroyed landscape beneath. Circe stepped into the smoke and ash, unphased by the heat from the molten landscape. Looking up at Scorzon as she walked to him, she opened her mouth to speak and the volume of it was surprising. Her voice was amplified, rising above the clamor of the wildfire she'd started.
"Scorzon, you have no idea what you've challeneged. You crave battle so much? You seek a challenge? Break that pendant you have, and I'll show you what I can bring to bear with more than one arm."
This post was edited by its author on .

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541568

>>41541517
>>41541565

I don't know, it'll have to be-

>Before anyone can do much to react to the attack, everything goes to hell as the beam splits the sky open, tearing a line of fire and death across the racetrack. Wherever the beam touches, things simply vaporize, annihilated by the sheer energy of the Angel's might.

Saban!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541580

File: 1522851981759.png (372.94 KB, 707x675, nice to meet you.png)

>>41541563
>Saban slowly nodded at the woman
You needn't explain.

I understand your concerns, and how all of this must be so difficult for both you.
>she gave them a small smile, if only to try and build up some hope
There's no shame in showing one's emotions in this regard.
>>41541565
>she looked back down at her tablet, tapping away at the screen as she began typing a message
I'm afraid I'm not sure. She's only recently joined with us, and is the captain of one of the larger ships accompanying the Lost Light.

Her name is Peridot and I've only met her daughters, but they spoke highly about her skills as a technician and engineer, and her capacity to rebuild or repair just about anything she finds...
>Saban frowns as she stares at the tablet, her message having quickly been responded to in a somewhat rude fashion
>Saban quickly tapped away at the tablet, explaining the situation and asking for help as politely as possible
>after only a short moment, she got her answer and smiled
She's agreed to help!
>she turned to Jet and Fleetwood again with another smile
She'll be landing her spacecraft in one of the hangars, and has asked to be met there.
>standing up from her chair she motioned to herself
I'll gladly escort you. I'm well aware of how confusing the layout of this ship can be to newcomers after all.
>she then looked between the two
Also, if either of you feel like you need a wheelchair for the trip, we have plenty in storage.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541594

.
This post was edited by its author on .

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541596

>>41541580
>>41541565
>Fleetwood seemed to be somewhat mollified by the mention of this so called "Peridot". If she could fix Jet's chest, then she couldn't complain much could she? She wondered, touching her own skin, feeling the heartbeat underneath. She wanted to scream, to be able to vent somewhere, but at the same time, she knew she was the safest she'd been... ever.
>Getting up to follow along, she shook her head at the offer of a wheelchair.
"I can carry myself without issue. Thank you, for your understanding, Saban."
>She said, looking to Jet. She wished she knew how to help him, but...
>Shaking her head, she just smiled encouragingly.
"Come on Jet. Let's get that hole in your chest fixed, and this time we'll have a guide so we won't have to wander!"
>She said, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, feeling a stirring warmth inside her, feeling... different. She saw the destitute look on his face, the way hope was leaving him, and it broke something inside her. She would of switched places, even though she dreaded the same had happened to her, because she realized she hated seeing him hurt. She hated the people that had done this to them, sure, but more than that, she despised them not for defiling her; She was tough, she was proud, she could take whatever they could dish out... she despised them for hurting someone she cared about. Setting her jaw on that revelation, her smile grew softer as she turned to Saban.
"Lead the way."

Jet, Pax, and Jinx!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541605

File: 1522874192460.jpg (273.3 KB, 700x800, 1987a151ca3d10d8697da1337d7567…)

>>41541580

"I'll be fine, thanks," Jet smiled as he stood up himself, already curious to see what 'Peridot' had in store for them. Actually...

The corner of his mouth twitched into the barest hint of a frown as something in his memory started to itch, the cyborg trying to recollect what sounded familiar about that. Wasn't it some kind of... stone or something that the gasheads were always looking for in the mines? The governor's race had liked them or something? Did that mean this Peridot had experience with the venomancers, or was herself a turncoat venomancer? Wild fantasies of Amazonian mechanics expertly fending off the Imperial snakes with their legions of androids and armored exosuits flitted in his mind's eye, just as quickly replaced by a hunched serpentine figure feverishly slaving away at its newest science project over its workbench- he hoped it was that one significantly less.

Peridot sounded awesome!

"Sounds good, let's go!"

>>41541596

Jet looked back to Fleetwood, still equal parts scared and anticipatory of what they were about to find out about his own condition, but there was more than a little worry in his expression now as well. "What about you?" he asked. He didn't elaborate, but he probably didn't have to: Fleetwood had her own problems to worry about right now. How was it fair of him to leave her on the brink of being sick with fright at what was inside her while they just focused on him? He'd found his hope; he wasn't about to leave her without any.

Saban!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541608

File: 1522875999410.png (51.65 KB, 220x139, jet 2.png)

>>41541596
>>41541605
>with the two of them ready, Saban simply nodded her head
>it was always best to ask just in case, but if they felt healthy enough she wasn't about to force them into any chairs
>so she was quick to get to the matter at hand and head out, leading them into the cavernous hallways of the Lost Light
>thankfully the medbay wasn't that far away from the hangar, since if they ever got any injured aboard a ship, it was wiser to get them to the proper medical facility as quickly as possible

>arriving at the proper hangar after an uneventful journey, Saban quickly scanned the large area with her eyes

>and it didn't take long for her to notice what they were after, as a very unfamiliar ship was docked right in the middle of the hangar
>the ship resembled a very common design for ordinary flying vehicles, actually looking very little like a spacecraft
>however, its size was nothing to take lightly, as it looked capable of fitting one, if not two other crafts inside of it

>Saban couldn't help but be a bit surprised that it had gotten there so quickly

>she turned to Jet and Fleetwood, quickly smiling at them
That must be her ship. According to her message she has everything she needs in there, so you needn't worry about relocating elsewhere.
>her smile grew a bit more confident
I'm positive you will be in good hands with her. She apparently rebuilt that spacecraft all by herself!

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541611

File: 1522876906869.jpg (1004.19 KB, 2801x2160, Armsfolded.jpg)

>>41541504
>>41541567

>Scorzon waited and listened. The princess sure talked a big game, though not an unwarranted one. While that kind of power might have just been a fluke, he certainly didn't want to take a hit on the chin just to certain of it. That Atlas fucker wasn't kidding when he said that she might need to 'behave.' The pendant was far more than it appeared, as she affirmed for him in her request for him to break it. He couldn't say that the thought wasn't exciting, though Scorzon kept his cool. Instead, he slowly descended back to the ground, staring over at the pair of them, a thoughtful but curious expression adorning his face.


...Sure, I may have no idea at all...But I've gotta say, that kinda sounds like fun.

>He direct a smile to the pair of them, pulling the metal pedant out of his jacket pocket and holding it up to them curiously, not quite committing to breaking it just yet, almost as an odd form of bargaining.


Well, for a starter, it's not fake. The UMWF is all real, I'm just puttin' on a show for the crowd then! Now as for seeking a challenge...

>He turns back to Circe, his expression set in a serious gaze.


...If I break this, you can fight me properly? None of that...previous uncontrolled shit?

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541626

File: 1522885930428.png (180.19 KB, 381x571, Rg5LGOd.png)

>>41541565
I see... Then I look forward to him coming back.

>looking content, Arsene looked on, thinking of the possible scenario when Optimus came back.


...Heh... Didn't think I'd have a conversation about Cybertron history, right and wrong, and about my past all in one day.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541627

File: 1522885956177.png (479.22 KB, 695x827, resolve.png)

>>41541608
>>41541605
>"What about you?"
>What about her? What did she feel? Sick, worried, uneasy in the new ship she called home?
>All those were true, but none of them spoke the truth. She was... lost. She had no clue where her life lead from this moment on. Nothing was stable, nothing was certain, nothing seemed solid besides...
"I I'll make it, as long as you do Jet."
>She said, warmly. Walking to the ship, that boundless hope inside her kept her bright and cheery. This 'Peridot" would be able to help both of them.
"Thank you for all your help Saban! I owe you a kindness!"

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541630

>>41541611
>As Scorzon descended, the heat would still be impressive, like he was descending into an oven... Circe gave him a small lift of her lips, cursing the need to fight like this. He wanted a battle? She'd give him one... She'd be the perfect little weapon her mother always wanted.

"Scorzon, if you want a fight? You'll get one you'll never forget, if you let me loose. I let loose that blast at full power because it was all I could manage. Break that pendant?"
>She let off, both of her mismatched eyes staring into her soul as her fist snapped closed with an audible boom, the fingers moving so fast that they sounded like gunshots as they broke the sound barrier.
"I'll be fighting at full, because I want to."
>She said, grinning despite herself. Scorzon was the worst kind of mercenary scum, making money off of other people's suffering. She'd enjoy this.

Jet, Pax, Jinx, and Friends!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541632

File: 1522889625297.png (90.93 KB, 185x176, d08800cf9f37b0f153590a392ad757…)

>>41541627
>>41541608

Jet smiled at her affirmation and returned the gesture of putting his hand on her shoulder, though his attention was soon waylaid by the ship Saban pointed out to them. Stocky, utilitarian, looked capable of carrying more than its fair share of weight; it reminded him more than a little of the pack mule vessels that would shuttle ore from the surface of their home planetoid to whatever Imperial carriers were waiting in orbit to distribute it to the rest of the galaxy. It was comforting to see in a weird, obtuse way he couldn't really explain. Even if it wasn't one of the old mineral scows whose serial numbers and scratches he had memorized, it felt like a bit of home.

Grimy, miserable, dystopian home.

"Yeah," he nodded, shaken out of the brief reverie and looking back to Saban as Fleetwood spoke, smile returning. "Thanks for everything, Saban."

>>41541626

"And I didn't think I would have the opportunity to meet a new person today- from a race I'd never encountered before, no less!" the Autobot chuckled congenially. "If all harpies make such pleasant conversation, then you are a credit to your people, young Arsene."

***Elsewhere***

"Feedback?"

The Cybertronian comms expert looked up from the static-covered screen he'd been slaving over to meticulously piece together Imperial coded messages, chair squeaking haphazardly as he swiveled to give himself enough room to stand up and walk over to look over the shoulder of his pink Minicon ward, herself busy browsing a fat data packet's worth of information. "You managed to slice the Zeta Delphini files?" he ventured. "Mhmm!" She nodded as fingers flew, pulling up what looked for all the world like wireframe diagnostics. "The lion's share, anyway- a lot of it's operational records, program files, research goals... but here's the really interesting part."

Feedback's emerald optics narrowed as she punched a sequence of keys to sparse out an intriguing part of one of their latest experiments... one that they had just let slip from their grasp. "Not exactly typical Imperial cyborg blueprints," he muttered. "Not at all," the Minicon nodded. "Look, instead of going for 100% efficiency, they went out of their way to mimic typical organic functions with synthetic parts, but it's nothing like Pretender or Terminator projects we've intercepted communiques about before." He hummed, rubbing his chin as he leaned closer to the screen over her shoulder. "Are you saying they were trying to, what, replicate something?" "It's the most logical assumption I have, but it's all it is- an assumption," she conceded. "The data is INCREDIBLY dense- whatever's inside the escapee, it's gonna take me a long time to parse through it all." Feedback smiled, clapping a hand on her shoulder while being careful to watch his strength; there was a considerable size difference, after all. "Consider that a tertiary concern for now; what's important is that we couldn't let him stay in Imperial hands and he found his way to the rebellion's. Let's see if we can't brighten up anyone else's day before the JE triangulates us and we needa split."

"You got it!"

Saban & Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541634

File: 1522890835900.png (263.67 KB, 640x360, I cant tell if youre being hon…)

>>41541627
>>41541632
>Saban smiled, bowing her head respectfully
You needn't thank me for simply doing my job. As long as you remain on the Lost Light, my duty is to above and beyond to make sure you are safe.
>looking down at her tablet, she wrote something to announce their arrival to the pilot of the ship

>and almost immediately, the large vessel opened a doorway on its side

>it unfurled downwards, creating a proper staircase to allow entrance into the inside

>and from the opening, she stepped out

>all four or so feet of her, and a rather unfriendly expression on her face
>the Peridot quickly looked at the small group of three that had amassed near the PeriJet-2
>she recognized the Saiyan through her profile image, the robot was very obvious to find, and she assumed the blonde was his escort
>normally, she would never accept to this: not only did she have to come to the Lost Light, but she was letting complete strangers into her PeriJet
>she had no real desire to help, but she knew if Daisy got word of her denying it she'd be very disappointed
>and Peridot would sooner be shattered than ruin Daisy's smile again
Get in.
>she pointed with her thumb into her ship, just wanting to get this over as quickly as possible
>either of them could also notice the little green woman constantly looking around her in the hangar in a rather paranoid manner
>the last thing Peridot needed right now was an encounter with that redheaded ogre that nearly shattered her and the other Gems

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541638

File: 1522891864736.png (405.66 KB, 966x919, 99whitebg_by_hnai-dbnaoxj.png)

>>41541632
Us harpies are all quite carefree~ Flying around as carefree as the wind itself~

>looking to the distance, Arsene noted


But, this harpy needs to get going, I hope to see you again, friend~

Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541640

File: 1522894429140.png (183.6 KB, 480x547, hanako_by_invader_sickness-d5l…)

>>41541568
>>41541565
>>41541509
>Emily was in the stands right by the finish line, gripping the armrests of her seat as Elliot pushed his way through the top three.
>She didn't even know what was happening as that great divine scythe cut through the arena no more than 30 feet away from her.
>That blue light must have cut through something highly volatile, since something exploded. Emily would have experienced it as a sudden loud noise, immediately followed by silence and ringing ears; her vision suddenly going to white.
>She would have experienced it as a sudden, extreme pain in the area of her left shoulder. Emily could feel that she had her back on the ground, and she could feel herself screaming, but couldn't hear it because all she could hear were her ears going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
>It'd take a few seconds, or at least what felt like a few seconds, but she'd come out the other end to notice that she was lying flat on her back in the stands, and the spectators who weren't injured all hauling ass away from that massive molten slice through the arena,

>If it weren't for the chunk of rebar through her left shoulder, she might have had more of a reaction to the bisection of the entire venue.

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541642

File: 1522900261330.jpg (71.29 KB, 560x405, 5d3b9a4a7c7290128210f3477dd522…)

>>41541548

"This is Emma to flight control, making ready to sortie. Any space-ready Zoid will do, preferably one with a forward energy shield."

> Was she cleared for piloting? no. Was she even cleared to be more than ten minutes' retrieval distance from the ship? Also no!


> Was that going to stop her when there was a massive fight going on, in which her survival depended on getting into a giant robot and fighting for her life? Hell no!

Fleetwood, And the Redhead OgreCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541643

>>41541634
>>41541632
>Fleetwood watched the small, oddly shaped alien walk down the ramp with a warm and friendly smile, one that quickly faltered at the lack of one being returned by the crystalline entity before her. Her cheerful demeanor slipped a tad at the brusque greeting. Offering a hand as a hello, she tried to introduce herself, since the small alien hadn't seen fit to. So this was a "Peridot".
"Thank you for agreeing to see us, Peridot. It's taken a... toll, on both of us, and it's heartening to see an expert."
>She said, trying to break the tension in a way that was less destructive to first impressions than her disastrous first attempt with Saban had been.

>However, less than 100 feet away, the Septentrion sat in the hangar, a figure very visible outside. Shuuja was busy trekking in a hose so that she could clean out the remnants of Viper, and upon seeing the two refugees, gave a friendly wave. Upon seeing the Gem, that wave stopped, replaced with a gesture they both could understand. Two fingers pointed at Shuuja's eyes, then two at Peridot's. That godawful smile didn't help things.

Jet and Jinx!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541649

File: 1522937673611.jpg (179.5 KB, 575x874, tumblr_p4ild8rqB61ubtm25o5_128…)

>>41541634

Jet tried to not let himself visibly and audibly deflate at the actual appearance of their new caretaker; it probably wouldn't have been the best way to make a good first impression, after all. He opened his mouth just in time to be told where he could stick it (in the ship, specifically) and, barring any other courses of action, he was immediately cowed into doing just that.

>>41541643

He let out a sigh of relief under his breath as Fleetwood took the initiative on friendliness this time- though whatever smile of relief might have followed never had a chance to see the light of day as he noticed the familiar looming silhouette of Shuuja and, for the first time, got a proper look at her pearly whites. The shocked strangling noise that escaped his throat in its place said all that needed to be said there, really.
This post was edited by its author on .

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541650

File: 1522950371257.png (246.26 KB, 640x360, we are all going to die.png)

>>41541643
>the green Gem stared at Fleetwood's hand for one or two seconds longer than it was customary to
>she wasn't particularly interested in pleasantries, but maybe making more friends than enemies was the smart thing to do
>she the Gem lifted her hand, taking Fleetwood's in greeting
Yes, well... From what little details I've gotten, I can certainly understand your plight...
>while she'd never outright admit it without a fight, actually seeing Jet in person brought back some heavy memories of her own
>she knew what it was like to have someone you cared about being used as some kind of toy, and their bodies manipulated into something twisted beyond its original form
>is this what Gaudy Hat Lady called "maternal instincts" so long ago?
>looking at Jet's chest hole kept bringing back memories of the spikes embedded into Daisy's skull, and the machinery on display reminding her of Daisy's own unknown mechanisms strewn throughout her body
>this was a complete stranger, and she was somehow feeling a great deal of sorrow for them
>is this how Lapis felt every time she forced them into getting involved on someone else's problems?
<"I hate this..."
>Peridot cleared her throat, managing a more confident smile this time
I assure you, you'll be in the best hands possi-
>>41541649
-?
>Jet's choked noise got Peridot's attention, urging her to look in the general direction he was staring
>and she needed only to catch a single glimpse of those massive teeth and fiery red mane for all of her confidence and concern towards Jet to be lost
GAAAAAAHHH!!
>and the little green woman instantly leapt towards the stairs of her ship, which automatically began closing
>jumping straight into the safety of the PeriJet-2, the doors slammed behind her as the engines began roaring from their activation

Elliot Granger!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541652

File: 1522956184621.jpg (57.9 KB, 628x353, Buick-GNX-87.jpg)

>>41541640
>>41541568
>>41541565
>>41541509
>It was the final lap, and Elliot was on top of the world. Even after he spun out during lap one, he'd managed to recover and was now fighting like a man possessed to take a spot in the top 3.
<Hairpin right turn. Enter the drift a few feet earlier this time...
<Square left approaching. Follow the 3rd place driver into the inner corner then overtake them during the turn...
<What the hell is that voice? Someone other racer is trying to trip up the competition. Persevere.
<This downward corkscrew tripped you up back in lap one. Show em' how well you've recovered...
<Awesome! We should be overtaking 1st place right as we hit the chorus of-
>THUS BEGINS THE THIRD TRIAL OF MAN

"What the fuck!?"

>That laser thing cut real close to the stands. Right where Emily was watching...

>The race didn't matter now. All that mattered was getting someone he cared about to a safe place. Elliot took all that fancy driving, and now applied it to just getting to the area that got torn asunder.

<Emily... Arsene... please be okay.

Fleetwood, Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541653

>>41541650
>Fleetwood was instantly grateful that her attempt at pleasantries worked! Instantly grateful, she was going to respond before Peridot and Jet both sounded like they'd been punched in the gut. Seeing the little woman begin running, she was... unimpressed by how they were being rushed like this. Perhaps the rebellion was simply used to being in a hurry like this?
>>41541649
>Whatever the case, if there was anything that Fleetwood and Jet weren't, it was slow. Running up the path behind her, Fleetwood dragged Jet along, the door closing behind both of them with a bang.

>Peridot would of done it! She was safe behind thick steel, surely enough to put some distance between her and the redheaded menace! Sure, the other two would be sacrificed to the foul cretin's awful temperment, but they were necessary to insure her own survival! Peridot was alone, she was quiet, she was sa...

"Excuse me, Miss Peridot, was it something I said?"

Jet and Jinx!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541654

File: 1522972725616.jpg (51.3 KB, 675x380, 150817_header_yrel_cinematic.j…)

>>41541650
>>41541653

The draenei, single-minded as ever in her attempts to help Shuuja with her housecleaning, looked up from untangling the hose to watch the impromptu trio flying up the PeriJet-2's boarding ramp just in time for Jet to avoid losing some more synthskin from the bottom of his feet to the ship's door snapping shut behind them.

A solid unit of time measurement known to humans as a 'comedic beat' later, the young paladin glanced to her much paler compatriot.

"It seems like they are adjusting well, at least."

Jet, to his credit inside Peridot's ship, was definitely doing his level best to adjust well and not accidentally make a liar out of one of his rescuers.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541655

File: 1522975113687.png (309.99 KB, 640x360, did I do bad.png)

>>41541654
>>41541653
>Peridot only flinched somewhat as the orange girl made her presence known
>the Gem's hands balled into fists, and she quickly turned to her
Not you; the sharp-toothed monster than lives inside this ship and threaten to shatter me AND MY FAMILY!
>she let out her frustrated shout before turning and storming down the black hallway
>there were only three doorways, and strangely enough, neither of them seemed to lead into the large backside of the ship
>Peridot stopped, leaning herself against the frame of one of the doors to let out a trembling, terrified sigh as her frame shivered
...

...
>she needed to take a second for herself then inhaled as she stood up straight
>the roar of the engine grew louder, and the ship itself was already lifting off despite Peridot being nowhere near the controls
OK... OK... I'm calm.
>she turned to Jet and Fleetwood, but what little good mood she was willing to display earlier, it was clearly gone
>nervousness, fear and anger were still evident in her face, but she was trying her best not to direct it towards two people who had nothing to do with it
We'll head out from this Diamond-forsaken place so that brute can't reach me.
>the ship, once again seemingly moving on its own accord, quickly left the hangar and into the safety of outer space
>Peridot still needed to take some time to properly breathe, before inviting Jet and Fleetwood
Th-This way...
>she wandered towards the final doorway, which lead into a very simplistic room
>there was practically nothing in this room except a few monitors and consoles on the walls
>the walls were entirely black, but the room was well-lit by the lights on the ceiling
>Peridot walked over to one of the consoles, a stool emerging from the floor beneath her for her to take a seat
Since you've made it all the way here I'm assuming your machinery is in one piece, but it never hurts to be sure.
>she presses a few buttons on the console, and the room once again shifts itself
>from the floor a large black block emerged and then spun around to face Jet, before lifting itself to stand upwards
>the block then opened inwards, almost resembling a phone booth or shower, as a few lights glowed softly inside
If you will step inside, I can run some scans so we'll know what we're dealing with.
>she then paused
Oh, hang on...
>pressing another button, the "box" opened further to the sides, enlarging the space inside of it
That should be enough to fit the both you.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541661

File: 1523008795959.png (244.54 KB, 713x524, and this is called pornhub.png)

>>41541655
>>41541654
>Fleetwood walked along in the eerily empty ship, listening to the engines roar as they fled the scene. Must be a very fancy autopilot! As the mysterious scanning box revealed itself however, she found herself apprehensive. The last medical exam she'd had involved being bolted to a table... Stepping in, she'd listen to the things that Peridot said with growing unease.
>Shuuja had been brash, perhaps callous, surely rude... The way she'd dispatched the commander was nightmarish, and she was likely the scariest species she'd ever seen.
>But murderous? That didn't sound like the giant that had saved her. She'd thrown herself into space with a fire extinguisher, just to rescue the two of them, total strangers that she'd never met. She'd been brass, and crude, but she'd also exposed herself to poison that melted steel...
>These thoughts swirled in Fleetwood's head as she was scanned, and the story that told was much, much different. The scanner, as it went through increasingly complex tasks, would find some extraordinary biological processes going on. It'd also find about 30 pounds of nanites in her blood stream, which swarmed like angry bees inside of her.
>Her tamaranean cells were already marvels, capable of producing energy from nothing but solar energy and the carbon she'd get from eating. Normally it'd be enough to hold her breath for upwards of ten minutes before cell death started to set in, but her cells were being rewritten, the organelles that let her absorb ultraviolet radiation numbering in the hundreds in every cell in her body, nearly crowding out other structures in her cells... Peridot would only be able to guess at how long she'd be able to keep going on stellar energy alone, but the conservative estimate was weeks. The nanites were also making other, unknown biological changes; New neural pathways were being made, new organs were being constructed in her hands, feet, mouth and eyes, and her brain had a huge, dark mass of nanites floating in the back near the brainstem, almost looking like they were constructing new glands and control centers, all tied to the emotion centers of her brain... They'd been experimenting on her, obviously, and she was packed with enough organic hardware that she likely barely resembled her basic race on an anatomic representation. Hell, there were enough microscopic machines in there that she likely qualified as a cyborg as well.
>The interesting thing was, the nanites weren't done doing whatever it was they were doing. They were still actively doing their work, whatever that work was...
>And why had they given the poor girl nine stomachs?
"Well doc... What'd you find?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Jet and the Feedback Family!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541662

File: 1523027072555.jpg (264.36 KB, 548x426, and also a faint signal.jpg)

>>41541655
>>41541661

Jet didn't have much to offer but a pensive frown as they wandered further into the stocky ship; he didn't want to be the one to broach the fact that Shuuja had been the one to help he and Fleetwood in the first place, as context clues made it pretty obvious that trying to defend her right now would probably get them on the bad side of the one person who could help them and was obviously feeling pretty tentative about that as things were already. He didn't have much first-hand experience to go on, obviously, but he had a feeling like a ball of lead in his gut that when Peridot mentioned 'shattering' her family, she meant it much more literally than the metaphorical sense he was inclined to lean towards first. He shook his head as the cube's ponderous activation process helped to shake him out of it; whatever history she and hers had with Shuuja, it wasn't any of his business.

Not that it didn't bear investigating later. He and Fleetwood could compare notes.

Once he was inside the examination 'room,' with more than a little humming and hawwing of his own after his last experience with an enclosed medical space as well, Peridot likely wouldn't find anything that was nearly as interesting as what was going on with Fleetwood on a surface level, but if she was half as experienced as Saban had lead the cou-- the pair of them to believe, she would begin to draw some conclusions of her own- just from the opposite direction of Jet's mysterious benefactor. Instead of going for optimal android efficiency, his builders had taken painstaking efforts to keep that efficiency while also trying to mimic organic systems they didn't fully understand and indeed (likely) weren't fully familiar to the Gem, either. His new power core was an efficient little beast, more than capable of masterfully energizing the... many, many subsystems that were both dormant and stubbornly cryptic about their purpose. He had been a long, long way from proper activation...

Considering the people that had been trying to activate him to begin with, that was probably for the better.

The most immediately intriguing system was likely his capability to generate a sort of off-brand solar energy all his own, the aforementioned power core creating its own ultraviolet radiation and a lot of other things associated with healthy young stars but all of it perfectly absorbed by the 'natural' heat sinks of the rest of his body... So what was the purpose of sinking all that time and energy into what was ultimately a top-of-the-line combat cyborg that wasn't even fully prepped for combat, besides his abnormal energy efficiency? Perpetual motion was all well and good, but that had never been a problem for the Empire before now...

>>41541509
>>41541548
>>41541568
>>41541640
>>41541652

"Feedback!" the little pink Minicon suddenly shouted, sitting bolt upright as her makeshift research station shifted itself to another screen with an angry red border. "I see it," her larger Cybertronian counterpart grunted, already swiping the edges of the screen to enlarge it to a holoscreen format for proper viewing. Distress calls from Protectorate ships to anyone that was listening in the void those calls were being scattered to in their attempts to escape the panicked spike of radio chatter in a system not far from them, ship viewscreens that he sliced into with ease showing a huge, looming... structure? He could only assume it was some sort of vessel, having been too far away to hear the Angel's ominous warning- but that didn't mean he wasn't already hearing several different news reports replaying it as he narrowed his optics. "What in Cybertron's name..." he breathed. "Roll, spin up the engines and get us into that system. Start long-range scans the second we're in range; make 'em intrusive if you have to, I don't think that big spawn of a glitch'll mind at all, looks like he's occupied." His fingers flew as their shuttle shook itself into life, whirring around in the void of space to rocket towards the nearby Protectorate system. The broadcaster himself was busy with downloading everything he could about the besieged planet that was of interest- the Moreau Open, bystanders, participants, points of entry, nearby ships, hospitals, what had been hit by the reported opening salvo...

"Scanning's a go!"

"Atta girl," he muttered, his attention entirely focused on the task at hand. Ramiel... hopefully they would have something soon. If not? They had innocents to worry about first. His mouth twitched as his data parsing brought back relevant results, the sight of the race course half-evaporated and one-quarter glassed and the rest in flames bringing back vivid memories of the terrorist attacks that Megatron had denied, of the spark that had eventually devoured Cybertron...

"Channels are open to Protectorate ships whenever you're ready; I think we've got the most optimal routes of escape charted out."

The voice of his ward shook him out of the bleak reverie, Feedback curtly swearing at himself for letting a bad memory hamper his ability to do his self-imposed job as he wheeled back around to face his monitor and brought up a general broadcast with a push of a button.

"All Protectorate ships and citizens that may be listening: this is Feedback, captain of the independent Cybertronian vessel Hemnev-Tekhar. Enclosed with this message is a data-packet with evacuation points and places that are nearest to provide medical aid, along with possible shelters from Ramiel- please be advised, my crew and I only have approximations on its power from that first attack, so we can not, repeat, can not vouch for the safety of the shelters, but we are monitoring the situation to the best of our ability and we will keep everything as up to date as we possibly can. Stay safe, and til all are one." He sighed as the audio channel cut off, but he didn't allow himself to relax. Not yet.

There was too much to do.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541663

File: 1523031611105.png (153.7 KB, 640x363, this is complicated.png)

>>41541661
>>41541662
>with the process quickly starting up, the big black box in which Fleetwood and Jet found themselves in glowing in a pale orange light, the console before Peridot quickly began alighting with numerous numbers, letters and images
>even for a Gem like herself, much of this flew right past her and it would take a few seconds before the computer compiled all of the data into an easy-to-understand format
>Peridot reached next to the console, pressing down on a square indentation just big enough to fit her hand
>her eyes then lit up with an iridescent baby-blue hue, white lines flashing before her eyes as Peridot literally absorbed all of the data straight into her head
>after about thirty seconds of this she removed her hand from the drift-pad, shaking her head from the slight dizziness that always caused her, and allowing her a brief moment to make sense of all the information

>the two specimens were certainly a curious bunch

>while Jet seemed to have already been completely processed into a robot, Fleetwood was either still being changed or was the subject of a different experiment altogether
>most interestingly however were that both specimens seemed to be tied together by a very specific bond: ultraviolet light
>it seemed as if one was already naturally built to harness it, but was now being "upgraded" into being able to do so even more efficiently
>while the other was completely reworked from the ground up to do the same thing
>and while she originally suspected that Jet was an attempt to copy Fleetwood's unique physiology, that didn't explained the slapdash method in which his systems were built; if they had a perfectly good Tamaranean there to base their cyborg off of, then Jet's innards wouldn't look this messy

>so, a new hypothesis needed to be constructed

>it wasn't uncommon for different teams and sectors in scientific facilities to work on wildly different paths in an attempt to reach the same conclusion
>she'd remember working for Realgars and Verdites at the exact same time, building entirely different machines for them and yet all of them for the same purpose
>it was much more time-efficient to go with two different methods at the same time, than wait for one to fail before attempting the other

>with all of this in mind, Peridot felt confident enough in her ultimately assumptions:

>the Jupiter Empire wanted to create workers/soldier powered by UV light
>while Fleetwood was designed to harness it to a great degree externally from fabricated organic material, Jet was an experiment for a completely robotic internal UV engine

>Peridot spun around with a pensive look on her face, taking a few seconds before she answered Fleetwood

Well, the good news is, neither of you seem to be in any life-threatening danger. Despite everything done to you, you're both--
<"Don't say functional!"
...healthy. But the extent of the changes done to you go beyond what you probably expected.

>she turned to Jet, addressing him first since his was the most stable matter

Jet, you weren't built to be an ordinary cyborg. It seems as if those working on you were attempting to mimic another life form, and create a machine using the same specifications that an organic body would have.

All of your systems and mechanisms are awkward replicas of organs, veins, and so on, as opposed to more standard android construction methods.

Why they felt the need to do this is beyond me. I can only theorize you were intended to be a prototype; one of the first, if not the first, in a line of attempts towards creating a perfect synthetic replica of whatever species they wished to recreate.

You were freed before they could finish working on you, however. There are many systems and subsystems in your body that have yet to be activated, and my scanners can't get enough data to find what they do. I'd have to resort to more invasive methods and take them apart myself in order to find out their purpose, and possibly activate them.

But in any case, the way you are now, there is no danger. All of your systems are stable, and while your dormant systems have a small chance of activating on their own, they don't seem to be dangerous.

But that's only an assumption; as I said, I'd have to take a look at them myself to be absolutely certain.

>she then turned to Fleetwood, her expression turning a bit more urgent

As for you, I'm afraid you didn't come out of that place unscathed either.

You have a large swarm of nanites inside your body, and they're all still active. They've been modifying your internal biology for quite some time, and are still working hard at it.

Thankfully their alterations seemed to have been programmed with enough forethought that they're not destroying your body. Whatever their end goal is, the people who put them in you had it planned out.

They clearly wanted to enhance your body's abilities to harness and control sunlight, which ties in with-
>she pointed at Jet
-his own systems being designed to obtain power from a similar but internal source. I can only assume those working on you were both experimenting in the creation of solar-powered workers or soldiers, and you two were early tests.

While I must admit that I don't have as much experience working with nanites as I wish I had, I might still be able to deactivate them through careful dosages of electromagnetic treatment, but you would have to rely on a surgeon to remove them from your body.

>facing them both again, she gave a light shrug and offered a slightly more upbeat tone of voice

Whichever way you choose to proceed, you'll be able to live perfectly normal and healthy lives by the end. I'll offer my help in any way I can.

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541664

>>41541509
>the young harpy, having been watching from the stands. Having a good time watching Elliot. But, when the blast ruptured through the arena, he was left just barely processing what had happened. If he was just a few meters closer, he'd be dead.

>taking to the skies, the harpy observed the damage from a literal bird's eye view.

Elliot!
>he said, looking down at the now destroyed stands.
>He couldn't just stand around and watch, he had to save people. He couldn't understand what the self proclaimed angel was talking about, but he knew for certain it had to be stopped.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541668

File: 1523052815206.png (489.96 KB, 985x880, Oh, did I say the wrong thing.…)

>>41541663
>>41541662
>Fleetwood looked... worried. At the mention of nanites, her skin began to crawl, the thought of tiny machines inside of her doing god knows what... Shaking her head, she stepped out of the booth, feeling like she was going to throw up, and scratch her skin off at the same time. Forcing herself to give a grateful smile, she looked to the Gem as she rubbed her upper arms.
"Thank you for looking Peridot... but if it's all the same, I'm beginning to think I'd of rather stayed ignorant..."
>She said, shivering. As long as the nanites weren't doing anything harmful... she couldn't feel them. She couldn't understand how they'd changed her but... it seemed to be a positive change at least? What if she was a sleeper agent? What if they were reprogramming her mind into a Jupiter agent? She couldn't even trust her own body any more!
"Peridot... Do you think... They weren't... they weren't messing with my memories were they? I'm still going to be me?"
>She asked, in a sad, small voice full of trembling uncertainty. She was as close to breaking as she'd come today...

Jet!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541669

File: 1523057911605.jpg (590.89 KB, 709x1030, Dick.Grayson.full.1990510.jpg)

>>41541663

Peridot would find herself the complete focus of Jet's attention for now as the bright-eyed youngster keenly listened to every scrap of information she had to dole out to the two fugitives. There was a lot there, to be sure, but to the Gem's credit she had done her best to explain it as close to layman's terms as you could get once words like 'cyborg' and 'nanites' started getting thrown around. He nodded dumbly as she carefully parsed out everything she'd been able to glean from the scanning process, looking a little understandably overwhelmed by the revelations being offered to him..

Although, it wasn't until after the fact he would realize the inherent comedy when he'd had to bite his tongue to not protest her assertion that his 'organs were awkward.'

"So not just a lab rat; they were trying to make me into something else with a goal in mind," he thought to himself, setting his jaw as he wrestled with that. On the one hand, it was more reassuring than the idea they had just been trying to make him into some nondescript robot; on the other, the fact that they had put that much care into his construction at all was equally worrying. "Any chance you have any leads on what species they were going for?" he ventured, having difficulty believing that that was a sentence he was even saying, but he was rapidly reaching a breaking point of seemingly insane information where afterwards he would be able to just go with it; it sure felt like it, anyway.

Part of him wondered if that was just some sort of rite of passage in this organization.

>>41541668

All in all, it seemed like Fleetwood had gotten the short end of the straw as far as being experimented on against one's will to be transformed into some sort of cyber-soldier went. The quaver in her voice when she asked that last question was almost enough to get Jet going all over again, the corona in his solar heart flaring up as he cursed the desiccated corpse of Viper as it floated through space and cursed himself for not helping to do the bastard in sooner and cursed the whole god damn Empire for putting its dirty fucking claws on her--

He blinked back to reality, realizing that during his brief revenge fantasy he had reached out without thinking and taken her hand in his with a reassuring squeeze, a show of solidarity, one of many that they had shown each other during their escape from the colony... so why was this the one to make him retreat as soon as he'd realized his perceived transgression, cheeks brightening as tertiary heat sinks ate up the excess heat he'd accidentally generated? "They can't take those from you, Fleetwood," he ventured, hoping she would just let bygones be bygones on that one as he tried to reassure her just as she had him. "They tried to make us into something we weren't and they failed." He gave her his best reassuring smile, but the blush wouldn't go away, no matter how urgently he mentally shooed it off.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541670

File: 1523059683695.png (239.66 KB, 640x363, its simple youre just dumb.png)

>>41541669
>Peridot was quick to shake her head
No idea, I'm afraid.

While I have a sizable catalogue of scans from various xenomorphs, none of them match your case completely.

All I can really say for certain is, whatever species they tried to base you off of, they seemed naturally designed to absorb solar energy in ways even your friend can't.

>>41541668
>turning slightly to Fleetwood at her own question, she was quick to agree with Jet's comment
He's absolutely right. If these nanites were designed to tamper with your memories, they would either be designing implants all along your brain, or imply a far more advanced understanding of neural science than anything I've seen thus far.

They only seem to be forming new, non-native organs in your body and building neural pathways into your brain.

I assume this is so you can control these new organs... whatever they might do. So, yes, by all accounts it's impossible for them to change who you are with their current programming.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541674

>>41541670
>>41541669
>Fleetwood let out a shuddering sigh of relief at Peridot's words, the realization that her mind was still her own making her let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding.
"Oh thank good... ness?"
>She said, realizing she'd had her hand held by Jet, his kind words echoing in her head as she looked at him in a way that Peridot recognized in Lapis's face... The small, shy smile, the care in her eyes, the way she carried herself...
>When Jet pulled away, she blushed nearly as rosy, figuring now was neither the time or place. Standing close to him, she gestured to the hole in his chest. She seemed unsure of what to say except...
"Thank you both... I think we'll get through this Jet... now that we know what has happened, it's... much easier to deal with."
>She said, gratefully, figuring the last thing to do now was fix Jet's chest...
"Can you.."
<Repair? Fix? Heal? none of those seem right...
"..Mend Jet?"
>She said, realizing how lame that sounded

Jet!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541678

File: 1523065225746.jpg (30.5 KB, 400x400, 01da7ef0d3e09b249d07b604380794…)

>>41541670

Well, it was only a dead end for now; she'd said 'sizable,' after all, not 'all-encompassing.' Besides, he'd never heard of a species that subsisted off of solar energy as... radically as he and Tamaraneans in general seemed to. Cross-reference that with anything the Empire would want to have under their thumb (outside of the obvious answer of 'Everything,' since he was specifically made as a soldier) and it seemed to him like he had a pretty solid base of inquiry to start building on. "Well, even so, thank you, Peridot," he smiled. "If you happen to turn anything up, any chance you can keep me in the loop?"

>>41541674

Oh yeah, the hole in his chest. That old chestnut. His smile turned into a self-conscious grin as he rubbed the back of his neck and shifted his weight to the other hip. "Yeah, while we're on the favor-asking train, I guess it'd be great if you could do something about that too," he laughed awkwardly. Weird how she'd managed to keep that at the fore of her mind when it had somehow slipped his. Where would he be without her?

... Images of the worst-case scenario of being bolted down to a gashead operating table flashed through his mind's eye and quickly convinced him that that wasn't a question worth dwelling on for long stretches of time.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541679

File: 1523066077366.png (298.35 KB, 640x360, quite proud of myself.png)

>>41541678
>Peridot nodded her head
Of course.

I can't make any promises, of course, especially since my ship is somewhat tied to the Lost Light right now and we can't fly as freely as-...
>there was a visible pause, the Peridot's face flashing anger, sorrow and ultimately a tired resignation in the span of just one second
...as we used to.
>she quickly tried to shake off the reality of her current situation from her head
But I have all of the data now, so if anything ever happens to come up I'll be sure to let you know.

>>41541674
>at the final thread left hanging, Peridot was quick to answer
Oh! Absolutely!
>she snorted slightly
I could do that with an arm and a leg tied behind my back.
>she turned to the console, pressing a few buttons
>and the black "box" in the center of the room quickly closed, spinning once again and lying back down like a big stone slab
>from its side, two drawers opened up to reveal a few tools: everything from spanners, to screwdrivers, power saws and tweezers
Just lie down and I can have it fix in about fifteen minutes.
>she pressed another button, causing another drawer to open up on the slab, revealing a strange mechanism whose purpose was likely not immediately apparent to either Jet or Fleetwood
>while it was still in its rudimentary stages, Peridot's replicator unit could easily duplicate Jet's synthetic skin to cover up that gap on his chest
>maybe not a perfect replica, but it would have to do for now

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541682

File: 1523071788197.png (542.22 KB, 1040x877, I love it!.png)

>>41541679
>Fleetwood watched a little anxiously as the procedure was done up, Jet fixed up good as new by the Gem engineer.. Still though, her thoughts were racing. She wanted to know what they'd done to her, what the depths of her metamorphosis would bring. As Peridot finished, her thoughts turned to the panic she'd displayed at the sight of Shuuja, and the way she seemed to see the better light of both of them...
>Questions and answers for later though. They'd taken enough of Peridot's time already.
"Thank you Peridot. We honestly can't thank you enough~"

Jet!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541683

File: 1523072567486.jpg (86.57 KB, 414x750, tumblr_lw1gknTwVS1qzmrzeo1_500…)

>>41541679
>>41541682

If the cube had been unnerving, then having to get back on an actual operating table was downright panic-inducing. Not actually being strapped down did a world of good though, as did having familiar faces with him instead of the clinical masks favored by the Delphinian researchers. A few deep breaths was all it took for something in him to click (it felt that way anyway; he had no idea if that was actually what happened or if it was just his imagination being fanciful), and before long he was right back to something resembling normal. He sat upright, gingerly pressing his fingers against the graft and squinting as if trying to see if he could actually notice a difference in tone or anything; satisfied that it was masterfully done and content with only having to worry about patching his new suit for now, he smiled up at his surgeon.

... Mechanic?

Whatever.

"I really owe you one, Peridot. Thanks," he said, sliding off the table and already thoughtfully rubbing the tattered edges of the hole in his suit between thumb and forefinger. Maybe there was a tailor or someone who specialized in combat gear on the ship too... however light this ridiculous catsuit looked, it had survived a shotgun blast far better than it had any right to. Maybe a few improvements...

A tailor.

The manic events of the day cleared away just enough for him to realize once again what exactly he was wearing and, glancing over to Fleetwood, realized what she was wearing too. Goodness gracious. Making eye contact, he smiled awkwardly. "Think they've got a clothing store around here somewhere?"

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541685

File: 1523079825920.png (36.15 KB, 257x212, AW.PNG)

>>41541630
>>41541611

>Spina grins widely, wheezing for breath still as she gazed adoringly on Circe's expression.


<By all Onyx's might, this woman is beautiful! If my adoration is returned, I will forever be the luckiest of all Saiyans!


>Slowly, she raises a hand, pointing at him as if holding an invisible gun.


And I am far from being out of tricks myself, Scorzon! This fight is not over!

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541689

File: 1523106339622.jpg (465.98 KB, 1881x1977, Flamingaura.jpg)

>>41541630
>>41541685

Oohohoho! Ominous! If I didn't know better, I'd say you were playing me...But even if you are playing me...

>Scorzon's entire body tensed, and he roared. The sound could be heard for miles around as the Saiyan's power sky rocketed. The flames of purple grew and grew as his muscles visibly bulked out against his battle jacket. The ground around him cracked and broke away, creating a small crater where he stood as he grinned violently at his opponents. It was a small crowd, but it would be a match to remember all the same, a match where he could well and truly push his limits! Veins bulging out from his temple, he let out another roar as he finished powering up, plain to see for the both of them that he was going all out.


>Scorzon held up the pendant, the small golden circle between his fingers, catching the light of the sun, as he admired it for a few seconds.


...Even if you're playing me, it worked.

>And with scarcely a second, the golden bangle shattered. Crushed underneath the Saiyan's hand and clattering to the floor in a mess of broken wiring and mangled metal.


>Scorzon had to admit he felt a little better now. It just wouldn't do to have kept someone capable of fighting him trapped by whatever was in that disk...Standing tall and proud, the Saiyan eyed his competitors with excitement...Before he held out a hand to them.


Come at me.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541691

File: 1523109088739.jpg (1001.71 KB, 1508x2225, IMG_1442.JPG)

>>41541689
>As Scorzon's fist closed around the golden pendant, it's jamming signal stopped. Circe barely noticed the update in her eyes that brought her HUD back online, the flashes of coding meaningless in the face of this... upstart. If Atlas thought he could pay some wrestlemania chump to do his dirty work for him, then she had another chump to fry after this.
"Thank you for fighting on my behalf Spina, but you don't need to risk yourself any longer."
>She said, stepping forward as her coding began to shift, registering the roaring saiyan coldly. She smirked mirthlessly as her systems registered him as hostile, and her combat systems began to activate. A hex field of blue holograms began to shed off her like a reptile's scales, revealing the monster underneath. The mechanical marvel that was Circe's body was a scultped masterpiece of shining platinum muscle fibers, armored plates of white metal, and a fiery core in her chest that made pieces of her glow with heat. The reactor started, a faint and distant whine in her chest as the armored window to her heart glowed like a sun. All around her, the ash glowed, then liquified into the heat, quickly solidifying into a disk of black obsidian glass around her as she powered up silently. Her bald head erupted into orange fire, the sight hellish between the gleaming metal horns, and armored visors lowered over her eyes...
<Come at me
"This will be over soon~"
> From her shoulder blades, armored plates opened, long metal spires erupting out to float behind her, like the pinions of some great predatory bird. They were sleek slats of gleaming silver, their construction strange... and considering they were as long as Circe was tall, how they fit in there was a mystery. There was a latch, and a hiss as they connected to her shoulders...
>And then, the world behind Circe exploded.
>The spires quickly revealed themselves to be engines, and the exhaust they put out was as bright and as hot as the infernal blast she'd let loose before.
>On a literal rocket ride, Circe's very first impression would be of speed. She'd be upon him far before he'd hear her takeoff, leaving the sound barrier behind on the starting line.
>The second impression she gave? Overconfidence. She was terrifyingly powerful, but the way her fist was held in front of her as if her body was a projectile, and not a fighter in her own regard? She figured he wouldn't be fast enough to respond. She was betting on being fast enough he'd have no idea what to do! So while her charge was quite literally blink and you miss it... She had no idea what to follow it up with if he dodged

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541731

File: 1523152851494.jpg (561.66 KB, 1278x712, P4Astorymode_Labrys.jpg)

>>41541284
I don't know!! You're the genius, you figure it ou--

>The creature suddenly tosses Eva to the side and she slams face first into the wall as Lukas' fist passes through the creature.


>Though he should have been able to pull it out, he found his limb was being griped tightly inside the monster's torso. Because he was stuck, he was powerless to stop a long thin sharp blade of a finger jabs into his chest sending a searing pain into his body.


>It's slowly pushed further in and burned like a hot spike, the creature forced Lukas to the floor facing up as the digit found it's way out and drove into the floor.


LUKAS!!!

>Eva had seen what was happening and desperately tried to close the distance between then, danger be damned her master was being harmed and she wasn't going to allow that to happen!


>THWACK!


>A single giant hand much like the creature's emerges from the floor and catches Eva in it's crushing grasp.


Let go of me! Let me gooooo! I'm not losing another one damn it! I'm not losin--

>A brilliant shower of blood red sparks erupt from the hand holding Eva and she screams in agony before falling limp and her red eyes turn totally white... She had been shut down.


>Once the entity finished pinning Lukas to the ground and put Eva out of the commission, the sound of glass shattering rang out as it snapped it's finger away from its hand and stood back up to it's full height.

>Simply looking down at him, unmoving, smiling.

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541734

File: 1523153682043.jpg (1.14 MB, 1739x1797, Spinebreakingkick.jpg)

>>41541691

>F-fast!


>It was the only word Scorzon had the time to put together in his mind before the fist slammed into his face. Circe's gamble paid off, and the sheer speed of her charge caught the Saiyan off guard so much that he was sent flying backwards by the punch, careening into mid-air from the sheer force of the blow.


>Scorzon's impromptu flight was halted by slamming into one of the upright rocks, causing it to break in half and collapse in on him...Though it didn't stay there for long. Pulling him out of the wreckage, Scorzon looked back at the metallic figure that had dealt him a serious blow so quickly and he let out a laugh. A long clear laugh that spoke of simple joy as combat raged on.


Hahahahaha! Aren't you the surprise?! Let's see if I can't get you to behave myself!

>He pulled himself out from the rocks, and patted the one he'd fallen into. This should do nicely! Hoisting it above his arms, he lifted the remains of the stone and hurled it at Circe with as much force as he could muster. As it sailed through the air in an almost unerring straight line, Scorzon darted behind it, using the rock as cover. Sliding underneath the rock just as it was about to collide with her, Scorzon pushed a hand into the ground beneath him to lean his weight on as he drove his boot from beneath straight into Circe's gut.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541741

File: 1523158338168.jpg (101.56 KB, 1191x670, I don't look down for approval…)

>>41541734
>A rock.
>She had the heat of a supernova burning within her, shown she was faster than sound, and could annihilate this forest with a single hand.
>And he threw a rock.
>It actually turned out to be a smart move. Circe had put out a hand once again, the beam of pure plasma that emerged blasting apart the battlefield once more. Scoring a focused line across the battlefield that left molten glass in its wake, the blast burned a concentrated hole through the boulder, almost hitting him in the face before he ducked under. She wasn't expecting him to be this fast, or that resourceful, and as the rock blasted to cinders. She wasn't expecting to be launched into the air with a foot to her gut. He felt the metal give and move, the way her body was so resilient to the attack.
>Circe saw the flashing warnings of impact and threat level. She saw a dozen suggested options flash on her vision, and ignored all of them as her engines flared to keep her from flying too far away from the battle. Staring at him with a burning hatred, there was one line going through her head.
"How DARE you touch me!"
>Her engines detached, hovering over her shoulders as they pointed their exhaust at him, her arms came up, and her one artifical eye burned.
>From every source she had, beams of fiery death rained down, scouring the landscape as they closed in on him like a cage.
>Her engines followed his every move, her hands aimed at where he was going, and her eye aimed at where he was. The overwhelming array of solar hellfire was a hungry beast, eager to fry him. It wasn't the overwhelming, atomizing intensity that she'd let out before, but it was much more focused, much more calculated.
>Almost like she had a computer tracking him down.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541753

File: 1523220446149.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>even as Bolone kept himself busy, he couldn't help but notice something was a bit off
>which may have been due to him sulking for a bit, and not paying attention until recently, letting something happen right under his nose
>but to be more specific, that something being "off" was more of an absence of something than anything else
>namely, a lack of Gems around

>while he doubted they'd get used to the Lost Light that quickly, to not see them around at all wasn't a very good sign

>given the last time he'd seen them they were terrified of Shuuja, and he had no idea what she was going to do, it seemed obvious why they weren't around
>as much as he liked to believe in the best of people, sometimes he was proven wrong
>so it was probably a good idea to check on them ASAP

>and this was the reason Bolone was now outside of the Gran Lazuli, encased in his usual pink energy bubble, flying around the outside like a giant firefly to try and get Peridot's attention

>hopefully she'd be OK with letting him on-board...

Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541754

File: 1523220990109.png (206.94 KB, 350x370, I love all of this.png)

>>41541753
>while Bolone hadn't gotten the attention of the green Gem, he'd gotten someone else's
>the bright red Ruby had her face squished against the glass, staring with wide sparkling eyes at the colorful light show buzzing outside of their ship
>looking quite amused by the pretty pink color, Ruby had a wide on her face as she reached for a button nearby
>the window to the room she was in opened, the ship's shields automatically setting in to prevent any sudden decompression and prevent the Gem from being sucked into space
Hey! Heeeey~!
>she waved her arms, trying to get the flying light's attention
Come here, little butterfly~! Come heeeere~!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541756

File: 1523221876869.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41541754

...?

>Bolone saw the windows open up, but when he moved closer to investigate, he didn't recognize who was on the bridge

>she was certainly colourful enough to be another Gem
>maybe she was the one Shuuja had held captive?

>he entered the bridge nonetheless, floating in through the force field

>he'd already adjusted his bubble to be able to pass through, having learned his lesson last time
>though once he did, he still hovered above the floor on the bridge, regarding Ruby with curiosity

Hello...?

Who might you be?

Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541757

File: 1523222420949.png (165.96 KB, 400x550, where are you going.png)

>>41541756
>Ruby's bright smile slowly turned into a more awed expression as the little light grew bigger and bigger
Ooooooh...
>she stood aside, giving Bolone plenty of room to step inside as the window closed behind him
>Ruby blinked, staring at his face with a surprised look on her face
You're not a butterfly...
>her eyes then slowly wandered down to his very form-fitting costume and lingered for a bit
>looking back at his face she gained a slight smirk on her face, an expression Bolone was probably more used in giving than receiving
You're not a butterfly at all~
>she giggled lightly, then quickly curtsied at the question
I am Ruby! I'm a daughter and a sister!
>straightening up, she kept her amused smirk as she seemed to remain very interested in the Lantern
And who might you be~?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541758

File: 1523223998160.jpg (28.03 KB, 181x175, tumblr_inline_nhd93dz6iu1raysw…)

>>41541757
>Bolone touched down after the window closed, the light around him fading as he regarded Ruby
>the look she was giving him of clear interest was not an unfamiliar one
>but he wasn't one-hundred percent sure if it was right to reciprocate that interest
>sure, Ruby was cute and all, and he knew better than to judge one's age and emotional capabilities by appearance
>but it was still a little ambiguous, and drawing attention to being a "daughter and sister" didn't help
>so probably better to table that thought process for now

>instead he offered a friendly smile, one that was slightly awkward because of what he just thought, but not so much that one would notice


Bolone Pageddi. Also known as the Violet Lantern.

Or one of them, not that I've seen any others...

>he held out a hand for Ruby to shake, kneeling down a little as a result


Are any of the other Gems around?

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541759

File: 1523225233176.jpg (248.29 KB, 724x1001, Whitehorn9.jpg)

>>41541493
>The light Merik produced helped Faline get what she needed out of her pack, a small blue bowl and with a silver ball that fit neatly inside of it.

>While she set it on the ground and fiddled around with it, Merik could see the they were in a cave that looked partly natural rough stone and partly smooth Angel architecture and clearly went further on. Though it was cold and dry outside, inside the cave it slightly warmer and the was clearly humidity in the air along with the vague smell of sulfur.


We'll head further into the caves, they'll bring us the rest of the way into the mountain. But for now, let's rest for a bit before we continue on... I need time to plot our course carefully.

>Soon after she finishes speaking, the cave is illuminated from a smokeless fire that radiates from the silver ball. Bringing warmth and much needed light into the cavern.

Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541760

File: 1523225689049.png (254.78 KB, 700x500, this is lovely.png)

>>41541758
>Ruby stared at Bolone's hand for a second, but seemed to quickly get what he was going for
>reaching out, she might have used a little more strength behind the handshake than normal, giggling a bit coyly
So you're a lantern, huh? No wonder you're so bright and shiny~!
>letting go of Bolone's hand, she crossed her arms behind her back while blinking at his question
Oh! You mean my mothers? Yeah, they're around here somewhere.
>she tapped her chin in thought
Let's see... Lapis was with Daisy, last I saw... and Peridot should be at the hangar...
>she frowned slightly before shrugging her shoulders, walking past Bolone and towards the captain's chair, quickly jumping onto it
You're here to talk to them then? I can just give them a call from here!

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541761

File: 1523226522225.jpg (812.89 KB, 2051x1533, Burningcharge.jpg)

>>41541741

>Well that was a reaction. From his lower position on the ground, he watched her sail away, but Scorzon's smirk didn't have long to remain on his face as she righted herself. And judging from the furious response, as well as the red glowing of those nasty looking jets...He needed to move. Right now.


>Scorzon's eyes widen and he bolts, the searing jets of heat following behind so close he could feel the soles of his boots almost melting off. The ground behind him scorched and burned as he flew fast and low, darting between boulders and rubble in order to try and lose the lasers, to no avail.


>Eyeing another boulder in front of him, Scorzon knew what he had to do. He always had the disadvantage at range, so he'd close it. Dodging around the blast of the lasers, Scorzon reached the gigantic rock and came to a halt, feet firmly planted on the side. He bent his knees, crouching against it, and with a burst of energy enhanced speed, he blasted off of the rock and towards Circe.


>Not as fast as she had been, nor with the same surprise, but Scorzon barrelled forward with incredible force, looking to connect with Circe's midsection with incredible force. But a spear had two parts to it, and after the tackle, Scorzon would keep going, up for just a few moments before arcing towards the ground, intending to carry the cyborg all the way back down and force her into the dirt.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541762

File: 1523227176473.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41541760
>Bolone felt his arm wiggle painfully as Ruby shook it, wondering just how one so small could be that strong
>her explaining Lapis and Peridot as her mothers, however, were what drew his attention, and confusion
>he was under the impression Lapis and Peridot didn't know who Ruby was, just noting her as one of their kind
>maybe they were closer than that, and that was why they were so upset when Shuuja held her as ransom?

>though he focused only slightly more on them both being her "mothers"

>which seemed to imply to him that they wouldn't be interested in anything with him
>oh well, it was what it was

>at Ruby's question regarding calling them, he floated over beside her, looking slightly concerned again


Well, I came over just to check on them and make sure everything was OK...

...is everything OK?

Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541763

File: 1523227806132.png (157.88 KB, 350x400, saw that one coming.png)

>>41541762
>Ruby crossed one leg over the other, always enjoying the feel of Peridot's chair
>turning to Bolone at his question, Ruby just smiled pleasantly
Yeah! Everything's been great so far!

Me and Daisy have been growing our own strawberries lately at the greenhouse! They don't really look like straws though, but Daisy says they'll taste delicious once they're ripe!

>she paused with a light hum to think

I know Daisy and Lapis have been getting a bit restless as well, what with not being able to leave the ship and all...

But mom made it perfectly clear: we can't leave the Gran Lazuli anymore. It's too dangerous elsewhere, what with all the evil pirates and evil Shuujas out there.

>Ruby shrugged her shoulders slightly, smiling again

I don't mind though! I'm used to staying aboard ships for aaaaaaages!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541764

File: 1523228418273.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41541763
>Bolone's expression remained as it was, as Ruby's explanation of what's been going on didn't do anything to assuage his concerns
>he knew Shuuja had scared them pretty bad, but to not leave the ship at all meant it was worse than he figured
>either way, he probably wasn't going to get much more unless it was directly from the source

>so he offered Ruby a small, polite smile, and asked instead:


Could you maybe call up Peridot, please?

I just want to ask her something really quick.

Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541765

File: 1523229289635.png (229.57 KB, 400x550, be serious.png)

>>41541764
>Ruby smiled widely at the request
For you, it's no problem~
>she threw in a little wink Bolone's way before turning to the console in front of her
>reaching forward she only needed to press one button before making her rather professional announcement
Bridge to Peridot~!

We have a delightful guest aboard who wishes to speak with you.

Repeat: we have a guest on the bridge who wishes to speak with you.

Thank you~!

>she then let go of the button, spinning the chair slightly to face Bolone again

She should be up here soon.
>she leaned over the arm of the chair, clearly still keeping her eyes on Bolone without even trying to hide it
>ding!
Oh! There she is!

>and the elevator doors opened, Peridot stumbling out a bit short for breath

>clearly she had ran straight for the elevator once the announcement was made
Huff... huff... huff... R-Ruby!
>she quickly barked at the red Gem
What did I tell you about letting people into the Lazuli!?

>Ruby tapped her chin with a small hum

That... I shouldn't do it unless I really thought it was important?

>Peridot grunted

That you shouldn't do it, PERIOD--
>she then paused, blinking as she felt she had been in this conversation before
>looking at the figure in pink and black nearby, Peridot let out a sigh
Ruby, it's right about time for you bath. Go get your sister and meet Lapis for that, alright?

OK, mom~!
>Ruby hopped out of the chair, skipping over to the elevator
>but not before turning and giving Bolone another wink and a wave
See you later, Mister Lantern~!
>the doors to the elevator quickly closed

>letting Peridot turn to Bolone with a very serious look on her face

Did you make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you weren't being follow this time?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541766

File: 1523231311804.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41541765
>the wink did not go unnoticed by Bolone, but he still wasn't sure what to think regarding Ruby
>so he returned the remark with a somewhat confident grin, not wanting to totally put her off, but figuring that wouldn't send a mixed message or anything

>he turned once Peridot made her way to the bridge, and wasn't all that surprised to see her out of breath, the Gem having clearly run to get up here

>he watched quietly as Peridot berated Ruby for letting him on, not that he could really blame her
>Ruby didn't seem to really understand anything that had happened recently, which raised some questions about what exactly she went through while Shuuja's captive
>but it seemed like Peridot calmed down a bit when she realized it was him, so there was that

>the mention of a bath with Ruby, Lapis, and Daisy definitely stuck in his mind as Ruby was leaving, giving a somewhat distracted wave at her departure

>Peridot was quick to bring him out of it, and he nodded immediately after her question

Yes, I checked. It's just me.

>he figured he only had to worry about Shuuja, and he didn't see her skulking around when he left the Lost Light

>he was about ninety-nine percent sure she hadn't followed him
>not that he was going to tell Peridot that

...did something else happen with her?
This post was edited by its author on .

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541767

File: 1523231943840.png (213.68 KB, 640x360, leave me to my games.png)

>>41541766
>the green Gem let out a small sigh, wandering further into the room
>crossing her arms in front of her somewhat defensively she grumbled, but still answered truthfully
Kind of...

I received a message from the Lost Light two days ago; one of your medical personnel had a cyborg under her care, and she needed my assistance in their recovery.

I agreed to help and took my PeriJet to one of your ship's hangars... and she was already there, giving me one of-
>she brought her fingers up to point at her eyes, then to Bolone to demonstrate the action taken
-these...
>she leaned back on one of the consoles, a very tired look appearing on her face
I suppose that was nothing but bad luck, that I just happened to land there at the same time she was working on her own ship...
>she frowned heavily, her eyes narrowing as her tone grew more serious
But I can't risk my family's safety on "maybes", naturally.

For all I know, that monster is always monitoring the Gran Lazuli in the hopes of catching any one of us alone and defenseless...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541769

File: 1523233987202.jpg (55.37 KB, 404x291, tumblr_inline_nhd93yJV3A1raysw…)

>>41541767
>Bolone adopted a more displeased look at Peridot's explanation of what happened, growing increasingly angry with this woman
>he almost understood her viewpoint with the Gems before, but now it just seemed like she was tormenting them for her own amusement than anything else
>as much as he really didn't want to, he'd probably have to go after her and get this sorted out

Unbelievable...

>he lowered his head when he spoke to Peridot again, sounding much more apologetic when he did


I really am sorry about all of this, Peridot.

I hadn't even met her when I first brought you here. I had no idea any of this was going to happen.

I honestly thought you'd be safe here...

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541771

File: 1523234743473.png (290.69 KB, 640x360, very important memento.png)

>>41541769
>a month or two ago Peridot would have likely told Bolone he was absolutely correct, and that he should have been more aware of the members of this rebellion before suggesting it as safe harbor for them
>but Lapis and Daisy's better natures had rubbed off on her more than she'd care to admit, and despite everything that happened, them meeting Shuuja led to the release of Ruby in the end
...

...

You tried your best.

Between this freakish brute or a pirate looking to sell us all off somewhere, it's not like we'd be any better without your aid.

>she shrunk slightly behind her arms, her mood certainly dipping quite low

It's not like I could keep any of them safe on my own...

...

So I'm... thankful... for your help. Even if things didn't turn out quite as planned.

>she then shrugged her shoulders

Besides, me and Lapis have experience in staying trapped inside a floating metal coffin adrift in space for centuries.

At least one of them should probably expire by that point, right?
>it was difficult to tell if she was being serious or just trying to make a dark joke
>Peridot herself wouldn't be able to tell her intentions either
>especially since, while she, Lapis and Ruby could definitely survive that long, Daisy wasn't like them

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541772

File: 1523235958784.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41541771
>despite Peridot's "joke", Bolone's mood didn't really perk up, for reasons he'd soon elaborate on

Somehow, calling it a "floating metal coffin" doesn't make it sound ideal...

>he really had to think of a way to fix this and give them some freedom

>as long as Basco was out there they couldn't travel with them, but being on the Lost Light as opposed to this would be better

.....

>it was only after a moment that what should've been the obvious answer came to him


...I'm an idiot.

>he smacked his own forehead, then exclaimed what he should've done


I can just talk to the Captain!

Surely she must be able to give you some special amnesty so Shuuja can't do anything to you.

Or at least, ensure she's punished in some way if she does try anything.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541774

File: 1523236428049.png (313.55 KB, 640x363, not impressed.png)

>>41541772
>despite Bolone's sudden realization, Peridot didn't look particularly thrilled by it
Shouldn't we technically already have that?
>she raised an eyebrow
You talked to the captain about us already; they know we're here and why we need to be here.

Unless she rightfully decides to simply toss that freak into a cage and throw away the key, I fail to see how her actions thus far show she'd give a darn about there being any rules set in place preventing her from harming us.

>she leaned off the console, wandering over to the front of the bridge

And no, it's not ideal, but what's safe isn't always ideal for one's comfort.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541775

File: 1523237328583.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41541774
>Bolone took flight again, hovering over to where Peridot was, if only to keep up the conversation

Yeah, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't react when I tell her what's going on.

Once she understands the level of threat Shuuja poses, I'm sure she'll do something.

>he seemed to calm down after this, speaking in a slightly more encouraging tone


I just want things to go in such a way that you guys can at least be on the Lost Light.

Ruby said Lapis and Daisy were getting a little restless, so if we can just get this sorted out...

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541776

File: 1523237919273.png (308.1 KB, 640x363, get real.png)

>>41541775
>Peridot stopped before another computer, pressing a few buttons on it
>there was a yawn across the ship, the titanic vessel beginning to change its position as it hovered near the Lost Light
You're welcome to try.
>was all Peridot could really offer as a response
>she then sighed, turning to face Bolone
But as long as this Shuuja remains on that ship with such obvious intentions, I'd rather have to deal with two cranky passengers on the Gran Lazuli than risk Diamonds-know-what to happen to them if they ever step foot inside the Lost Light.

I am [b]not[/i] going endanger their lives any further than they already are. They'll realize this is for the better eventually.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541780

File: 1523239677666.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41541776
>Bolone could see both the faults and the points that Peridot had made, and ultimately couldn't argue with her
>he'd just have to try things on his end, and hope that it all worked out

I'm positive this will work out, don't worry.

>with that said, Bolone was left unsure of what to talk about

>so long as the Gems were staying on the Gran Lazuli, he couldn't very well ask how they were getting on with the rest of the crew, or anything of that nature
>he could ask more about the Gems as a species - and just how old Ruby really was, for one thing
>but going off of that, he couldn't help but blurt out:

So Ruby's your daughter?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541783

File: 1523241199278.png (220.14 KB, 640x360, note to self erase last entry.…)

>>41541780
>Peridot blinked, taken a bit by surprise over the sudden shift in topic
>and while a part of her wondered what gave Bolone the idea he had the right to start asking personal questions
>at the same time, she had absolutely nothing else to do
...

Yes.

Well... she became my daughter, obviously. It was somewhat of a misunderstanding on Daisy's part at first.

After you left last time, Daisy walked in not long after and witnessed some of Lapis's displays of affection towards me. Ruby just happened to reform herself in the middle of us, which Daisy misunderstood as organic-style birth.

We cleared things up with her eventually, but Daisy was so happy to have her own sister we just... took Ruby as our own, I suppose.

She's acclimated to her new life surprisingly well, and we've even found ourselves growing attached to her just as fast. She's every bit a part of this family as Daisy is.

In fact, if Daisy wasn't so obviously organic in nature, I'd be inclined to say she and Ruby were formed right out of the same rock.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541784

File: 1523243646443.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41541783
>Bolone nodded slowly in understanding, letting out a low "ahhh" as he did

Right, OK, that makes sense...

>seemingly realizing the little faux pas he made, he looked a little more sheepish when he spoke again


Sorry, I was just a little confused.

I didn't see her around before, so I wasn't sure how she came into the picture.

>he paused, trying to think of a way to turn this into a less-awkward topic

>though his curiosity was getting the better of him in that regard

What led to you meeting Daisy, anyway?

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541788

File: 1523245825720.gif (2.95 MB, 380x200, mathlaser.gif)

>>41541652
>>41541640
>>41541664

>Rubble shifts near her as Grind throws aside slabs of steel and permacrete, leaning over her.


You stay calm, kiddo. I've got you.

>Moving debris away from her, he slowly sings softly in Old Cybex, the words rough and ancient yet strangely comforting.


You're gonna be fine, trust me. I've seen worse.

>The wide red visor looms over her, expressionless but still somehow caring.


Let's get you unpinned, then we'll get you-

>>41541662

>Civilian ships scatter away, shooting off into FTL by the dozens upon dozens only to be replaced by Saber-class warships opening fire upon Ramiel instantly, moving in all directions to evade it's constant attacks. Sensors return what seem like garbled nonsense, spouting mathematical strings and reports of spacial anomalies as it warps, facets folding out and through each other, the beam lancing out across the stars once again.

Jinx and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541789

File: 1523247740369.png (91.43 KB, 500x500, SaxCommish_Skeptic.png)

>>41541788

The bedside manner Joel received would be, appropriately enough depending on who you asked, not nearly as refined as Emily's.

M.T.O.s weren't renowned medics for a reason.

Depending on how lucid he still was in the upside-down totaled wreck of his ride, Joel easily would have been able to see the iridescent purple sports car rolling to a stop not far from him. The mystery as to who was stopping for him would quickly be answered as the car stood up with the quickly recognizable sound of a t-cog at work, the lower half of his rescuer still visible as the Transformer walked over to him, squatted down--

BANG BANG BANG BANG

-- and started knocking on the belly-up chassis of his car.

"Hey!"

BANG BANG BANG BANG

"You alive in there?!"

She was trying, bless her spark. Joel could hear her grunting as she got down on her hands and knees, a bright-purple optic looming into sight as half of her face got pressed up against the shattered window. "Hup, there you are," she muttered. "Shimmy over a little bit, we'll have you out of there in just a tic." She reached her fingers through the open window to grip the door, shifting to the side to give her enough room to rip it off with the groaning shriek of seared metal and popping hinges and tossing it to the side so she had both hands to work with as she started working on trying to get Joel out properly. "Didn't break anything, didja?" What with how poorly she knew her own strength in terms of organics, it wouldn't be long until he knew, that was for damn certain.

---

Meanwhile, back in zero-gs and rapidly closing on the embattled planet, Roll looked over to her guardian Cybertronian. "First wave of civilians is away, Feedback!" she reported. "Defense fleet has moved in on Ramiel but I'm not picking up on any significant damage. Whatever the sensors are picking up isn't making any sense... it might be encrypted. I'll run it through a few extra subsystems; maybe Nova Prime's expedition turned up some relevant mathematical theorems!" Feedback nodded, even as his optics remained glued on his own readouts. "Keep every optic on that thing we can spare," he ordered as he busied himself with evacuation routes, fingers swiping over red lines on the blue system map as Ramiel's evident range seemed to become clearer with each volley, the Transformer calculating expedience and safety for the ships that couldn't defend themselves even as he kept the datastream flowing to every ship or system that wanted to see it for themselves... they could poke at Ramiel and find the best routes of aid or escape all they wanted, it wouldn't do any good if they kept it to themselves or fretted about who in the system got to see it.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541794

>>41541761
>Circe's beams closed in, the furious wrath closing in on him. He'd dodge one for another to be in his face, only for another to be closing on his tail... she hadn't expected him to thread the needle though, the arm in her ribs sending her lasers wide before they shut off. She wished she could feel the air whoosh from her lungs, but she didn't have them any more. She wished she could feel her heartbeat quicken, but the pump that whirred in her chest evenly pumped the nanite rich fluid that made up her blood through her body. She wanted bones to snap, her body to ache, to cry out in pain.
>All she felt was the inertia of the impact. No pain, no fear. No, in combat those got turned off, to keep her focused. All she heard was the beeping of her alert telling her what systems were damaged as she plowed into the earth, the impact shaking the battlefield as they went through the layer of ashen dust and into the hard baked ground beneath.
>As she laid there in the pit, her weapons overheated, Circe clicked [Y] on a message in her HUD, grinning up at Scorzon as she did so.
>Would you like to vent excess heat?
"Burn."
>There was a whirring beneath Scorzon as it began to get very hot in that crater. He saw cooling rods shoot out of her body, six inches long apiece and each glowing with built up waste energy...
Roll 1d20 = 19
>1-10
>The crater they were in exploded, a rush of heated air blowing everything that was inside away. Scorzon got lucky, dashing out before the explosion caught him in the face. When the smoke and dust cleared, Circe was floating above the crater, the plates armoring her stomach dented, but looking plenty ready to go another few rounds.

>11-16

>Circe's body released the heat in a tremendous flash of burning energy, swallowing Scorzon in a maelstrom of heat and pain. He was tossed away as a piece of debris, coming down to carve his own smoking crater, his armor charred black and one of the spikes in his hair still burning... That was gonna sting in the morning.
>17-19
>The explosion was a pillar of burning light as Circe vented everything, excess plasma, reactor energy, weapon heat... The pillar of celestial light reached high into the atmosphere, widening the crater they'd made tenfold. What happened to Scorzon? Circe certainly couldn't follow it.
>The only thing left of Circe was a robot in the crater, so drained of power she was virtually powerless, laying there as she watched her available power recharge, crawling back to the point she could stand...
>20
Omega protocols insufficient.
Sigma Protocols initiated
maximum reactor limit increased by a factor of 5.
>Cont...
This post was edited by its author on .

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541802

File: 1523280275283.png (273.72 KB, 640x360, its alright.png)

>>41541784
>at the new question, Peridot had to pause and think about it for a second
>not because she had any trouble remembering their meeting with Daisy, but because she had just realized how mundane it was
>meeting Daisy had changed her life in ways she couldn't possibly begin to explain, and yet...
...

We just... did.

>she answered, sounding rather perplexed herself

It was a day no different than any others; me and Lapis decided to land on an ordinary planet and explore as we always did, when we came across two fugitives from a Jupiter Empire prison, one of which being Daisy.

We helped them off planet, and while the other girl was content with being left at a nearby station, Daisy...
>she paused again, simply shrugging with us
...stuck with us.
>it was obvious Peridot had very little explanation for why things turned out they way they had
After a while, Lapis became more enamored with her and with the idea of starting a family. We'd met many such units before, which led to her wondering if our own species once started families in the distant past.

At first I thought this was ludicrous, as Gems cannot produce offspring in any manner... but the more time we spent with Daisy, the more I realized family doesn't have to indicate a direct biological link between its members.

>in contrast to how she was a few minutes ago, Peridot now seemed much more relaxed and content while speaking about Daisy

>corny as it may have been, she definitely had the air of a mother proudly speaking about her child
Before I knew it, Daisy had been traveling with us for months...

>she chuckled slightly, looking at Bolone with that same soft smile

It's kinda funny; I have over three millennia's worth of memories in my toolbox... and yet I can't imagine my life without Daisy, or Lapis, or even Ruby.

In the end, I had to concede to Lapis's theory. Maybe Gems did have families long ago after all...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541806

File: 1523297256190.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41541802
>Bolone couldn't help but smile at Peridot's story, finding the whole thing very heartwarming
>while he still didn't fully understand Gem society or their mentalities, the story of a pair of aliens typically unfamiliar with family units forming one just out of the love they shared...
>it was exactly the sort of thing he couldn't get enough of
>it was exactly what made him stay part of the Lost Light, even when he questioned why he ever joined them in the first place
>it was why he'd protect these guys, whatever it took, from whoever he needed to

...you know, I wouldn't have known you weren't familiar with families at one point.

From how close you are to the others, it looked like it as natural as anyone else with a family. Like you'd known each other for years and years, instead of months.

I can tell you really care about them, and I'm sure you'll find a way to keep them safe. Whether it's from Shuuja, Basco, or whoever else.

>he then offered a wide smile, trying to be more positive than he already was


And of course, I'll help where I can, if you want me to.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541807

File: 1523297905176.png (269.92 KB, 640x360, I dont think Im that great.png)

>>41541806
>Bolone's wide smile wasn't met with one by Peridot, unfortunately
>the mention of all the threats surrounding them prevented Peridot from feeling very optimistic
>especially since they weren't the only things for her to worry about
...I can't even protect Daisy from herself...
>she muttered under her breath, her mood dipping all over again
>but she still glanced at Bolone, trying to at least sound appreciative of what he was trying to do
Thank you.

I know you didn't have to do any of this, so... we appreciate your help.
>while it was said very simply and bluntly, the honesty was definitely still there

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541808

>>41541788
>meanwhile, Arsene put saving people as his main priority: There was no way he was getting near the screaming diamond thing.
>searching for Elliot was #1 on his list
>just had to look for his car that he saw many times before.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541809

File: 1523300629455.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41541807
>Bolone noted that Peridot's mood only seemed to get worse despite trying to encourage her, much to his dismay
>this problem wasn't going to go away that easily, and Peridot probably wouldn't feel better about this until something was actually done
>so it was probably better to just get on with this

...listen, I'm gonna try to sort something out with the Captain.

But in the meantime...

>Bolone then floated closer to Peridot, his pink ring glowing a bit brighter

>what appeared from it was a series of numbers, likely belonging to a communication frequency

This is my personal frequency on the Lost Light. It'll go directly to my datapad on the ship.

It's a very specific frequency, so there might be a delay with it getting to me...

But if Shuuja comes in here again, or if something else happens, just call it and I'll come running, OK?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541810

File: 1523301354112.png (224.65 KB, 640x360, wait youre serious.png)

>>41541809
>Peridot stared at the series of numbers, listening to Bolone's explanation as to their meaning
>reaching up at the ever-present visor above her eyes, she pressed lightly on it with her finger
>the visor lit up in a quick flash of white, memorizing the numbers with a quick snapshot
Thank you, Bolone. I'll keep it in mind.
>she closed her eyes with an inhale, quickly letting out a sigh to calm herself down
Now, if you'll excuse me, I should go check on Lapis and my daughters.
>she started walking towards the elevator, turning back to Bolone
I was going to ask if you wanted to join in on the bath, since it seems to be a near-constant fact that organics enjoy refreshing themselves that way... but you probably want to take care of these things as quickly as possible.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541811

File: 1523302702757.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41541810
>Bolone let the numbers dissipate after Peridot memorized them, making a mental note to keep his datapad on all the time just in case

-!

>he faltered and sputtered a bit at Peridot's mention of joining them in the bath, now having to force himself to say no

>she didn't really know the significance of that suggestion, so it would've been wrong to take advantage of it
>as tempting as it was

U-Uh...y-yeah, you're right, I need to get this finished as soon as possible.

>he projected the bubble around himself, preparing to head out the windows' force field again


M-Maybe some other time!

>hopefully after Lapis or someone else explained things to her a bit more

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541813

>Over the centuries, Shuuja had found nearly every way to cheat death. From foul, necromantic energies, to downloading yourself onto a computer, to plugging your old ass memories into a new body whenever you got old. Or her way, to piss off a god.
>This interest in undeath and immortality was what allowed her to come up with what she was holding in her hands; A soul jar.
>The memory crystal was complex enough to hold petabytes of data, literal taken from a Gem supercomputer on one of her raids. Add that to the necromantic ritual she'd taken place in to seal a soul in there, and you had a nearly indestructible, incorruptible download of a mortal soul.
>Keychain sold separate.
>What she was doing with this mundane looking, yet grisly artifact was a little hard to figure out. She'd been using her replicator rations not on food; she'd been going out and hunting for herself. She'd been using them to build what was in front of her.
>The roughly synthetic humanoid skeleton had holomatter emitters at every joint, the power pack fueled by a magical battery of her own design. It was hulking, nearly her own height, and as she tinkered on it, she seemed to be talking to the crystal hanging from her neck.
"It's not my best work Sabot, but your last vessel got destroyed in the fire. This'll have to do until we get you something better... Don't you throw that fucking sass at me."
>She said, tightening the last bolts before she took her crystal off it's little necklace, gingerly putting it into the memory node she'd printed out just for this purpose... She turned the machine on, and waited, hoping what she'd created would work again...

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541814

File: 1523313898880.jpg (481.56 KB, 2619x2045, Huffingandpuffing.jpg)

>>41541794

>He'd heard her taunt and was about to respond when-hey, she seemed awfully hot all of a sudde-


>Scorzon never had the chance to manage either a follow up attack or a witty retort as all he knew was fire and pain. The flaming pillar engulfed him, a howl of pain escaping his lips as the fire raged around him. Fortunately for him the force of the blast threw him off of Circe and out of the danger zone, though not without scars.


>Scorzon crumpled as he hit the ground, seething in pain as he he glared over at the fire. Every movement felt torturous with the burns, but only just faster than Circe did he manage to make his way back to his feet. The burns had taken their toll though, his skin seemed raw and almost shiny, and parts of the normally impenetrable Saiyan armour were either scorched away or melting slightly. He coughed and spluttered, looking back down at the robot form in the crater as he breathed heavily


You...sure don't play around, huh?

>The cheerful banter seemed to lose a lot of its energy while Scorzon was catching his breath and nursing a burned body. His opponent seemed to be using the opportunity to take a breather, so he would do the same...Albeit far more wary of what the princess could do to him now with that kind of output.

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541815

File: 1523314588926.png (148.77 KB, 528x1017, Bodyshot.png)

>>41541759

>Merik's ball of light vanished as quickly as Faline's own light began, accompanied by a frustrated tut. While it was no doubt important to make sure they didn't get lost or die out in these frozen wastes, any time to delay irritated him. More time sat waiting while he was away from home and [i]should/i] be doing something to help Fenra and Galanga...!


>As irritable as he was, Merik glowered and sulked in the light of the silver orb...But his eyes wandered to Carmilla. Of course, in encountering the Wendigos, she had...reacted fairly extremely. It was almost bizarre to see such a carefree woman experience fear so vividly, fear beyond any of her trivial socialisation or clothing woes. As he slowly paced his way up to her, Merik recalled her uncharacteristically short explanation of her dislike of the Wendigos a while back ago...It certainly fit the bill. It was only when he'd managed to sidle his way next to her that he spoke.


You performed admirably, in spite of your fear. I was sure you would be able to succeed.

>Again, Merik didn't really seem to know how to encourage, but the thought was genuine. And were he a different man, an arm may have found its way around her shoulder, or a hand intertwined with hers...But alas, Merik was the man he was, and so Carmilla's arms and hands remainded unmolested. Merik stood next to her almost standing at attention, and whether she wanted it or nor, the man besides her was not the type to touch.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541816

>>41541814
>Huh. He was still up and moving around. That was new. She'd have to be wary of these Saiyans in the future... they were tough customers. Circe finally managed to get enough power in her systems that her mental command to move was finally obeyed. Crawling out of the crater, she looked at him, shaking her head as she stood up.
>Weapon plasma needed at least an hour to recharge.
>Weapons were cooled off, so that was good.
>Available actuator power was at... 2%. No going around and punching people...
>Engine fuel was recharging... no flying.
>She was tapped. She was utterly and completely drained. Still though, drained and damaged, she was willing to fight on. Raising her arms, she stepped between Scorzon and Spina.
"Scorzon, I don't jest about matters of life and death. I told you you wouldn't forget this, and I'm just holding up my end of the bargain."
>She said, standing there as he gave her enough time to recharge... Her threat computer still wasn't letting her protocols update... perhaps it thought this amount of output was sufficient? He'd see her eyes darting around, looking at phantasms as she tried to navigate her systems, trying to find something that would help her... but it was a longshot.
Roll 1d20 = 15
>1-18
>Circe's power continued to gradually restore itself, her body standing taller as she faced him once again. The longer he took a breather, the closer to full she'd get.
>19-20
Omega protocols insufficient.
Sigma Protocols initiated
maximum reactor limit increased by a factor of 5.

Elliot Granger!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541817

File: 1523315733719.jpg (451.77 KB, 1920x1080, gran-turismo-grand-national-gn…)

>>41541808
>>41541788
>Arsense would see the Lazerhawk still running through the race course; dodging all kinds of fallen debris and narrowly avoiding potholes as Elliot made his singleminded approach to the finish line.
>Not to score the gold anymore. Now it was a race to save a life. Elliot hadn't seen what happened to Joel once the explosions happened, but Joel had a much more storied reputation of getting better after events like this than Emily did.
>It didn't look like Elliot was going to stop for anything.

Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541819

File: 1523321098054.png (352.69 KB, 735x850, tumblr_p13e0wfyHS1qk66q6o3_128…)

>>41541813

It was difficult enough to describe existence inside the construct that its inhabitant had given up a long time ago. The explanation he had been most happy with had been thanks to a language that was mostly based in metaphor anyway, though he'd forgotten it as readily as the rest of the galaxy when its speakers died with their star: it was like being perpetually in a falling dream, your consciousness and memories rushing past you in a hazy, never-ending half-existence, constantly grasping for some semblance of lucidity and only able to vaguely comprehend what was going on in the 'real' world around you.

It would kind of suck if you had the presence of mind to fully recognize the horror of your existence.

Shuuja had gone through this construction process innumerable times by now, and even when the materials were alien she knew the blueprints so well that guesstimations from her were as good as calculations from any Teletraan system. The crystal almost looked as if it shuddered a bit as she slipped it in and it took to its new skeleton, the burnt-orange crystal going from the dull ethereal swirls you had to squint to see to a warm inner glow as its new body told the inner consciousness that it was time to wake up and dragged it from the miasma of 'noosleep.'

It was a process equal parts science, magic, and faith, all three pillars of society coming together to effectively drag a big sleepy jackass out of bed when his alarm had gone off five times already.

The skeleton suddenly began to find itself under a lot of external pressure as the soul jar flexed its proverbial muscles, hexagons of forcefields zig-zagging across its surface to create suitable housing for the hardlight structures that quickly followed, the process splintering out in a billion intricate spiderwebs and building on top of itself, layer after layer telescoping out as a familiar vision began to take shape. Shuuja could hear the skeleton she'd so painstakingly built groaning and compressing under the sheer weight and strength of who it was putting together, but it was fine; it had all been accounted for.

It just meant he'd have a nice firm core for the rest of him to be built around.

The lion's share of the hulking body in front of her was complete now, orange-black skin quickly being decorated with a latticework of body hair, good-luck fetishes, and leathery armor from the waist down. Tusks protruding from his lower lip spiraled up, the wireframe vanishing under his quickly constituting physical body to compliment the burnt-orange eyes that now sat in his skull. It took a while for recognition to set in as the soul jar next got to work on syncing mental functions with corporeal body, but at least the reconstitution had gone off without a hitch. Glazed middle-distance stare gave way to a split-second of shock as he came back to the real world, which then gave way to slowly taking stock of his surroundings, which all at last led to him looking to Shuuja, to the woman who'd risked so much to bring him this far with her, who always gave so much of herself just to see him again...

And with only a second's hesitation drew his ungodly-huge sidearm and blasted her across the god damn room with it.
This post was edited by its author on .

Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541824

>>41541817
>>41541788
>It was okay. Grind was here. After exploring the Protectorate system with him the past week, she knew that he could handle himself. He only had a few million years of life experience, after all.
>He could at least make sure she wouldn't be trampled. Whatever he was singing was also quite welcome. It gave her something to focus on besides the sounds of flames or screaming. Or the potential of another energy scythe coming through.
>But through all of this, Emily still found it in her to shout something very important.

"D..."
>She was cut off by the need to grunt in pain.
"Don't pull it out! That'll kill me!"

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541829

>>41541819
>Shuuja had a big, leering grin on her face as she watched her best friend and love interest come back to her, ready to introduce him to the ship, the resistance, and all the new experiences she'd had since he'd been sleeping.
>And then he blew that grin all over one of the hangar walls. His sidearm went off, decapitating her instantly. Her head hit the wall with a meaty splat and an impressive splatter, her body sailing afterwards to impact with a bone breaking "BONG.
>The slowly cooling corpse hemorrhaged blood and spinal fluid onto the floor, sinking to both knees before collapsing into the steel floor.
>One beat...
>Two beats...
>Long enough that Sabot might begin to feel guilty...
>And then, finally, the wound glowed purple, Shuuja's spattered gore rewinding as it rolled back across the floor into the rough shape of her head, the healing magic putting everything back together in a sick melange of meat and gristle.
>As soon as she was able to, Shuuja gasped and moaned, rolling over as she held her still reforming head. It put migranes to shame how much that hurt!

"Thought we said last time you don't shoot me in the head."

>She said, completely ignoring the fact that a facet of his soul was so warlike, his fundamental self image saw himself with a gun at all times.

>Standing up, she opened her eyes, new ones pushing out the goop of blasted apart sclera as she blinked the bloodtinge out of her vision. Opening her mouth, she poked at her broken teeth gingerly as they started to come back, slower than the rest of her.
>Staring at him sourly, she wanted to stay angry and couldn't, her sour look persisting for less than a few seconds before she broke into a grin and wrapped him in a hug.
"Welcome back!"

Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541841

File: 1523372844356.png (216.16 KB, 500x427, tumblr_inline_p6vk2uIwJi1qid64…)

>>41541829

"Yeah, we totally did," he conceded, taking her break to poke at her reforming teeth as an opportunity to re-holster the hand cannon. "But that fire really hurt." His smug, self-assured grin never wavered, even in the face of her withering stare, the big lug rewarding himself with a laugh once she finally broke down and caught him in a bear hug. "It's good to be back," he chuckled, giving her a firm squeeze so she could appreciate the full timbre of that gravelly rumble of a voice that was practically heard more than felt while remaining in that tight bearhug.

You could almost fool yourself into thinking he was actually back.

"What'd you use this time? Doesn't feel like adamantium, but I guess beggars can't be choosers," he grinned down at her. "Where are we, anyway? And how long's it been? Anything worth exploring left in Andromeda? Statute of limitations run out on Messier yet? Fill me in, woman!"

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541844

>>41541841
>Whew, he knew how to ask a lot of questions. Going over it all in her head, she let him go and began to list it all off.

"First thing to mention is that we're in a completely new galaxy. Eris overloaded the dreamspace drive, sent us to some place called the milky way."

>She said, sitting down on a crate as she wracked her brain. It looked like it hurt as she sat there and tapped her chin.


"Managed to join up with some sort of rebellion that's going up against some sort of Jupiter empire. They're your standard fascists. Only tough customers I've seen are the Transformers, these giant robots that turn into vehicles... Haven't tried one myself, but they're probably more than a match for what I can do.

>She paused for a beat, before sarcastically rolling her eyes.


"Oh, and get this. You remember the Lantern cores? One of the fuck-lanterns is here, and his stupid bleeding heart managed to find the only Gems in this galaxy, and offer them refuge. He didn't ask what they were like, didn't get the scoop on them, nothing, and when I went to deal with the threat, they treated me like a goddamn supervillian!"
>She said, getting a good laugh out of that one.
"Other than that, I've been playing goody two shoes for once. Managed to rescue some refugees, offend some delicate sensibilities... Not much else has happened on this boat."
>She said, gesturing around them to the immensity of the LL

Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541847

File: 1523405071295.png (109.69 KB, 500x410, tumblr_inline_p41p4jjcwz1qid64…)

>>41541844

He listened with rapt attention as she filled him in on everything that had happened since the last time he'd had the luxury of a physical body, his half-smirk never quite wiping itself off his face - it came close at the mention of Bolone and the Gems, but its survival was assured with the assistance of a roll of his eyes and a groan of "Oh, Christ" - as he took it all in. Fascists to kill (who didn't love that?), giant alien robots that even Shuuja wasn't sure she could take in a fight... they couldn't be that giant, ri--

Before he could even finish that particular piece of internal dialogue, he followed her gesture to get a proper look at the interior of the ship they could actually see; from the way he lightly clenched his jaw and curiously pursed his lips with a decisive "Huh," Shuuja would probably be able to tell that the enormity of the Lost Light was beginning to impress itself upon him. "Buncha fuckin' size queens, ain't they?" he mused, crossing his arms and turning in a slow circle so the smoldering coals that passed for his peepers could get a proper look at their new home before he passed judgment with an approving shrug. "Sure, I'm a fan," he concluded, toothy grin returning in force as he turned back to his mate. "So you're playing nice with the Star Sapphires again or whatever it is they call themselves in this sector? And saving refugees to boot?" he purred knowingly, giving her a punch on the shoulder that counted as playful for them but probably would have torn a rotator cuff for anyone else. "Miss me so much in the last few millennia that you're going soft, huh? Could've just gone through the trouble of scamming another bio-engineering firm out of a good body if you wanted me back that badly."

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541863

>>41541847
>Shuuja took the punch up the arm in style, smacking him upside the head hard enough to make it ring.
"I am not playing nice with that tiny, pink suited buzzfly."
>Shuuja said, in that low, dangerous growl that definitely told Sabot that Shuuja felt tricked.
"Was tempted to put on my finest jewelry and show him how pissed I was."
>She said, simmering as she did so. Cooling off, she looked up at him and shrugged.
"It's a lot of the same that I did before. Help the rebels, fight the Gems. Cept this time it's Jeeks, and the rebellion's got a fucking huge starship instead of a mud hut."
>she said, leaning back on her crate to look over at the... er... interesting variety of ships. Her own Septentrion, the various Cybertronian shuttles, the Zords, the various mecha...
>Turning back to him, she shrugged.
"It's interesting. Last time, you said "only wake me up if it's interesting."

Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541934

File: 1523463081302.png (171.6 KB, 701x453, tumblr_p13e0wfyHS1qk66q6o2_128…)

>>41541863

The big lug flinched and bared his fangs at the smack, mostly from muscle memory telling him that was what he should do other than any actual physical harm - it was frankly astounding how a synthesized brain could fool itself so hard that it was convinced its hardlight ears were ringing - but the veritable lioness could tell from the way the slight points at the tips of his ears had swiveled back and down that he had been sufficiently cowed. "Alright, alright," he groused, nursing his wounded pride by pretending he wasn't interested in the topic at hand anymore and had instead taken a sudden shining to the rest of the loading dock. The Septentrion looked out of place to him, but then, he'd seen it in so many places where it looked out of place that at the same time it looked completely natural.

"Only wake me up if it's interesting..."

That last comment of hers made something stir in his synthetic soul. The brawny alien lolled his head back over to her, fanged grin beginning to spread back across his face like a spooked critter hesitantly creeping from its burrow to see if the coast was clear yet. "Interesting?" he rumbled. "Eris' patchwork ass dumps us off on the other side of the universe right onto a ship bigger than planets we've lived on, we're working with Gems in a district of space where the Lanterns still have a say in matters, there are robots and some Imperial assholes and enough action to put a spark back in your eye, and the best you've got is interesting?" He laughed; a long, loud, barking sound that filled the docking bay and wasn't entirely unpleasant to listen to. "Hell, maybe I just set my standards too high!"

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541968

File: 1523487295192.jpg (1.08 MB, 2789x2156, Chargingforth.jpg)

>>41541816

>He certainly wouldn't forget burns of that magnitude any time soon. Scorzon let out another long breath, before he pulled himself back up to his full height and began to walk back into the crater, and back to Circe herself.


I might not forget it...But you've already forgotten that just leaking everything out is a terrible idea. You're a fighter, even if according to the big guy it's more important that you're a princess first.

>By this point, Scorzon was standing in front of Circe, and he seemed a lot bigger while up close. Piercing dark eyes stared into her own, and while he wasn't making a big show of being intimidating, the sharp look in his eyes would tell her all she needed to know about the seriousness of the matter.


..And if you're a fighter, then I'm going to make sure you learn not to make a mistake like that again.

>All of a sudden, it would be much easier for Circe to look him in the eye, as his hand snapped out and grasped her by the throat, pulling her up to his eye level as Scorzon held her effortlessly. Suspended in his grip, she'd feel his other hand force its way into her gut. Following through on the punch and letting go of her neck, he pushed his fist outwards and sent Circe flying away at top speed.


>He wasn't nearly finished. Not until she'd learned. Scorzon blasted into action, flying fast enough to intercept her path of flight and launch a big boot to her back, stopping her in her tracks. With her unmoving and halted in mid air, he swung his other foot upwards, knocking her into the sky. And yet still he followed after her, almost neck and neck as she raced into the air, he finally gained speed and caught her, wrapping his arms around the backs of her legs. He lifted her up high above him, facing the opposite direction to him before she was swung down again at tremendous speed. Faster and faster and faster the pair of them raced back down towards the ground until they landed, back first for Circe and with tremendous pain.


>After the jaw dropping power bomb was finished, the pair of them were left in the same crater as before, though now considerably deeper. Scorzon seemed almost unharmed, pulling himself back to his legs and gripping her by the backs of her knees. Hooking both her legs underneath his arms, he spun in a circle, building up enough momentum, before he let go. Circe would fly out of the crater and crumple to the ground outside as drained as she was, Scorzon coming to a landing nearby shortly after.


>The smiling face gone for now, he looked down at her beaten body with a stern expression, waiting for her to return to her feet and continue the battle. He wouldn't stand for his fun being spoiled so soon.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541981

File: 1523492902403.jpg (40.95 KB, 400x400, Seraphim Circe.jpg)

>>41541968
>Circe watched from afar, almost detached as she was beaten. She couldn't feel the pain, but she could feel the sickening sensation of her body crunching, parts breaking and armor folding in on itself as she was ragdolled. Alarms rang in her head, her vision flashed in alerts, and as she was tossed, dented and broken to the ash field, they swirled around her, creating a smoke cloud that obscured her from Scorzon's vision. And as she laid there, trying to get some sort of system to work, a message flashed over her vision, blotting out all else.

SIGMA PROTOCOLS ACTIVATED
>Her body wracked itself, arching in the dust. A blinding light shone through the cloud of ash she'd kicked up, making it hard to look as she changed... There was the sound of wrenching metal, the sound of electronic motors whirring, before suddenly the flash turned to a bang, heat swirling and glassing all of the ash in a hundred foot radius. Standing in a disk of glass, Circe looked different. Her wings were shorter, and in their place her arms had been altered. Larger, overbuilt, with three fingers each, she'd been rebuilt for one purpose.
"Lesson learned."
>Circe's hand shot out. Scorzon couldn't even watch it, it went so fast. One second, she was standing there, and one second she had her hand covering his face, the vicelike grip lifting him off the ground. Speed, power, all of them had been amplified by this... this transformation. The light in her chest nearly blinded him, before a piece of black, armored glass slid over it, reducing it from blinding to merely bright.
"I want you to know, Scorzon. I was made as a weapon, not a fighter. I've never even thrown a punch before. Tell me how I do."
>She said, coldly. He didn't get any time to ponder that, as her other fist reared back. Vents on the back let out a gout of fire, rocket engines flaring as they blasted out and cleared the back half of the battlefield with ash. Carrying her fist with inexorable, incredible force, her punch went fast enough that her fingers glowed red, then orange, then white.
>Not because of her own heat, but because her fist was going quick enough to experience shock heating, like a spaceship in reentry.
>Her fist slammed into his gut, her hold on him making sure he got the full measure of force, keeping him from flying away, his body kept there by her iron grip. He felt the punch continue through her body, though she intentionally stopped so as to not punch through him. The force was simply so immense that it knocked all the ash off the back half of his body, a spike of condensed water vapor extending out the back of his spine, the force visible as it continued up to knock a hole in the clouds. The ringing thunderclap of her fist connecting cracked the glass disk she'd created by transforming, but he could tell she'd intentionally left him standing.
"Still enjoying yourself?"

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542057

>>41541934
>Shuuja listened to her life partner spout off everything he'd said, and how astoundingly wrong he was made her realize something.

>In four hundred thousand years, she'd gotten no better at people skills. Chuckling, she shook her head, trying to get back to a state where she could talk, before all the frustration and stress of the last month came crashing down on her, lifted in one fell swoop with Sabot finally back in her life. Giggles turned to guffaws, which in turn became belly aching, knee slapping hysterics. She laughed for a solid minute, wiping the tear out of her eye as she stood up and hugged him again.

"Maybe my standards were just too high. It's good to see you again..."
>She said, her voice softening in that way it always did. In a long, endless life, it was nice to have constants... And Sabot was the one part of her life that hadn't slipped through her fingers like sand.
>Stepping back, she gave him a wide smile, gesturing for him to follow as she turned around.
"Lemme give you the tour."

Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542064

File: 1523549354797.png (210.69 KB, 508x643, tumblr_p13e0wfyHS1qk66q6o2_128…)

>>41542057

The last 'survivor' of the Mag'har race - and a fine specimen of one if ever one eixsted, even if you had to take his word for it on that - looked at the woman that had practically made a lifestyle habit of pissing off various deities, overthrowing regimes, and reminding him why they'd fallen in love in the first place, and his own smile softened in reply as he wrapped one of those tree trunk-sized arms around her, pulling her in for what counted as a gentle hug for them as he leaned down to nuzzle the top of her head. "I missed you too, Shuuja," he said, taking care to put the emphasis on it that showed he was using not just her name but the title that at least a few primitive races still intoned in hushed whispers around the campfire or bellowed on the field of battle. It meant something very different for the two of them than it did for those 'child' races.

The moment was a bit ruined when they pulled away from the hug and he had to blow a shock of her bright-red mane out of his tusks to avoid it getting stuck there, but they had dealt with worse hair-related situations than that.

He still had tribble-based nightmares in the soul jar's fugue state occasionally.

Anyway! Tour, huh?

"Can't wait," he grinned, falling right back into line before taking one last look around the Septentrion's own new home; he had to admit, this all sounded pretty damn exciting. "Don't think we've had a ship this big to stretch our legs in since... what, that incident with the Destiny? If you wanna count that. More of a prison than a ship." He snorted at his own joke to give it some legs. "The tour should only take a couple days, from the looks of it."

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542080

File: 1523571389140.jpg (1.14 MB, 2157x1793, Dasboot.jpg)

>>41541981

>Scorzon seemed to blink in surprise as the light shone through the dust. He brought up a hand to cover his eyes, but more importantly, the scouter seemed to have caught wind of something far more impressive. Once the light had managed to dim slightly, he looked back to catch sight of the altered princess surrounded by glass...Though only for a few moments before he found himself witness to what this new form could do.


>He had absolutely no chance to react. Held suspended in mid air as black metal covered his vision, and all of the air was driven out of his lungs in one fell strike. The force was incalculable, and the huge gasping cough that escaped his lungs was accompanied by flecks of blood, which stained against the dark metal.


>Scorzon gasped and shuddered. It was so much more...The kind of strength was just absolutely unreal...There was a final twinge of comprehension in the back of his mind. The realisation that he could lose. His shoulder shook slightly with mirth, as he managed to groan out a simple answer from behind her grip


...Yes.

>He hadn't the strength of footing to try another throw, so the most important thing was to get her the hell off of him and plant his feet back on the ground. Both of his hands snap out to grab the arm holding him by the face and use what little strength he had from being suspended to swing one of his dangling legs up to kick the unsuspecting cyborg in the face in a desperate attempt to get her to let go.

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542097

>>41542064
>Shuuja turned, beginning the long ass walk down the length of the hangar. Sabot would see the sheer variety of ships that resided here, as she began gesturing them off.
"We don't exactly work with the Gems. They've got some sort of ship, the Gran Lazuli. Big, weird telemetry, they're helping out. But this right here..."
>She said, gesturing to the giant, spacecraft that barely fit in the cavernous hangar. He'd think it was a warship until he saw the loading ramp and realized it was a shuttle.
>And that was before he saw the cybertronians themselves, Tempest and Calamity working on the engine, the immense Tempest acting as a... bottlejack.
"Like you said, buncha fuckin size queens."
>She said, smirking as she continued onward, the massive hangar bigger than the home bases of other rebellions she'd championed.
>Who knew who else they'd meet here?

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542117

File: 1523584771857.jpg (226.64 KB, 700x700, 1445929977990.jpg)

>>41542097
>As they walked, they would hear the sounds of a crude, improvised combustion engine sputtering to life.

"Yuh-ree-ker!" The engine's architect would shout.

>The two of them would catch the sight of another orkoid, this one with more gorillalike proportions and much bigger teeth, gazing proudly upon the ramshackle pickup truck he'd just put together.


"Da trukknomanca' has still got 'is touch, an' he can STILL make a trukk run on anyfing wot burns!"

>Right after "The trucknomancer" let that boast out, he grabbed a roll of toilet paper and began to feed it into something under the truck-shaped pile of scrap metal's hood.


"And 'ere oi fought it couldn't be done!"

Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542123

File: 1523586661623.png (68.8 KB, 500x284, tumblr_inline_p1bcsxiGq71qid64…)

>>41542097

He was used to being right, but he hadn't had any clue until now of just how precisely he'd hit that nail on the head. His eyes went wide as he saw the twins at work, craning his neck a bit to be able to appreciate the full scale of both the mechanics and the project they were busying themselves with. "Well ain't that somethin'," he marveled out loud, grinning toothily at the sight before looking back to Shuuja as she walked on ahead of him. "And they're sentient? Like... full-on, thinking for themselves, the whole nine yards?" He guffawed with disbelief. "What'll evolution think of ne--?"

>>41542117

Ah, it would think of a funhouse mirror next. Interesting. The end of Sabot's previous question came to a violent end as he saw 'Eadga for himself, the victim of a two-lane vocal pileup in the back of his throat as his brain power got rerouted to furrowing his brow very, very hard. "Nnnguh," was the most insightful thing he could manage for a while as he watched the master mechanic at work, shoveling something Sabot was fairly certain had nothing to do with engineering into a place he was completely certain it didn't belong. You could probably chart a line graph directly between how much toilet paper disappeared under the hood and how high Sabot's brow quirked.

"I dunno, looks like he's onto something there."

That bit of internal dialogue out of the way, Sabot nudged Shuuja to get her attention and then pointed to 'Eadga on the sly, maintaining eye contact with her all the while to ask the universal and nonverbal question of "That guy okay?"

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542124

File: 1523586706903.png (86.2 KB, 500x500, Joel_Uhh.png)

>>41541824
>>41541817

I know.

>He pauses briefly in his singing to reply, before continuing. Reaching into a compartment in his shoulder, he retrieved a small blade, which sparked.


Hold still, I'm going to trim it down so we can move you easier.

>The blade flashes twice, portions of the rebar clattering to the ground.


That's better.

>>41541789

nnnothing important.

>The voice is weary, like a man who's just woken up early after a long night.


just a rib. or five. also my leg.

>Blinking, he fumbles with his seat belt, trying to undo it.


've had worse, not worried.



>In the sky, Ramiel keeps doing more damage as civilian ships either go up in flames or manage to escape by the skin of their teeth. Unfortunately, almost nothing seems to be affecting the angel, bouncing off whatever strange shield protected it. Abruptly, a comms comes from the military ships keeping Ramiel busy, on all frequencies in a soft, synthetic voice.


Reinforcements inbound.
Maintain evasive manuevers.
Maintain distance from further population centers.
Emergency services inbound. Fighters, provide protection for evacuees.
Warning: Reinforcement designated.
Heart of the Sunrise inbound.
Stand by to clear jumpsite in estimate: 20 minutes.
Warning: Evangelion units 01 and 02 inbound. Prepare to facilitate AT field neutralization.

???!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542166

>Floating just in Imperial Territory, was a small space station. On the outside, it was a cold, metal box, drifting where its captain choose. But on the inside, it was his castle.
>state of the art holobay technology, creating artificial gardens, marble pillars, a shining sunny sky, all recreated inside. Nothing was spared to create the illusion of regality and luxury
>then, further into the "castle" was the master himself. A blonde, long haired harpy, straight out of Echidna, tall, effeminate, his golden hair shining in the artificial morning sun.

Wings.

>he said, as a pair of metal arms came down from the ceiling, removing the flimsy cybernetic wings he wore for sleeping, causing him to jolt as they were removed. Soon, another pair came down, these ones holding a large pair of metal wings, shining silver in the light, dotting the already bright room with reflected, feather shaped beams of light.

>the cybernetic enhanced harpy looked at his facade of a garden, with a pensive look on his face, walking to the center, taking a deep breath.
>then...

What beautiful day~ Suitor~ The usual~
>an upbeat and friendly tone, almost childish, turning around as a chair rose up behind him.
>then on cue, a young female suitor came to his aid, dressed in formal ware, with an odd white metallic color around her neck. Working on his hair, combing, trimming, giving it back its natural shine, letting the harpy relax.
Rest well, my lord?
Like a hatchling~ Please, no need for "my lord," it's too formal.

My lord!
>another voice called, the title again, caused the harpy to groan, momentarily souring his good mood.
>a man in a suit walked into the room, wearing the same outfit as the woman, holding a portfolio. Stammering, he greeted the harpy, a servant before a king.
What is it? I don't enjoy being disturbed right now, not with work.
>the harpy said, putting his metal wing in front of his mouth, hiding his annoyed expression.
Another assignment... Sir, a lone informant has made his presence known. It's best to strike now, before-
>SHING!
>the harpy said, cutting the man off, holding his wing out full length, just inching away from the man. The sharpened feathers just nearly cutting him.
Enough talk. Later. But I get the picture~ For now, I will rest up and get on it later~
>he said, craning his neck.
>the sudden gesture causing the female suitor, still doing his hair, to cut off a long lock of hair. A tension rose over the room, a frozen look of disgust on the harpy's face, a gasp from the delivery man, a startled gasp from the suitor, who was slowly backing away, covering her mouth.
>standing up slowly, turning around slowly, and staring down the woman, the harpy stared at her with absolute disgust.
My lord...
>slowly walking towards her, his cybernetic talons practically scraping against the floor with anger, his brandished the blades of his wings, practically seething with fury.
>SHING!
>And cut off a portion of the woman's hair, giving her a shoddy haircut.
Thankfully I'm in a good mood today. I don't kill my friends, darling. We are friends, yes?
>he said, glancing back to the deliveryman, who responded only with a slow frightened nod.
Everyone is friends here... They may live in my abode in peace. No need to live in fear or to fight. As long as they obey me and remember your collar.
>he said, his tone darkening, nudging the high tech collar device on the woman's neck. The other man in the room gripped his.
This is truly paradise~ But if you try to leave, I kill you~

>walking away the harpy ran his claws through his hair, snatching the portfolio from the man, flipping through it.

I depart now. The informant? He's dead by tomorrow. Have a bath ready when I get back, will you?
>he said, as he walked out of the room, leaving the two to clean up.

>Name: LeBlanc

>Imperial Mercenary, living under several false identities.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542186

>>41542080
>As Scorzon's body began shaking, she expected tears. Remorse, or regret, some final inkling that the punishment she'd delivered had convinced him that he'd been wrong. Maybe he'd finally realize that he couldn't beat her, that he should stop. Reevaluate his life choices, and be a more productive member of society. She'd been made to kill, devoting your life to being better at it when you had a choice... It disgusted her.
>When that shaking turned to laughter, her lip curled, her eyes narrowing in loathing.
>No wonder Atlas had chosen this man to champion her capture. He couldn't of found a more eager dog.
>It wasn't the kick that got her to let up. It was the foot, in her face. Olympians didn't have feet. They had hooves, nasty, thick things that bore mud and grit and all sorts of horrible ick. To have the bottom of one of those touch her face?!
"YOU ANIMAL!"
>She said, tossing him away, looking at him with a lip that curled with distaste. He'd tumble across the blasted ground until he stopped himself, Circe unwilling to come after him as she rubbed her face clean on her forearms.
"UGH, I am DONE!"
>She said, turning on her heels, beginning to stalk back through the battlefield. She had food in the fridge, and a meal to cook. She'd shown she'd won, and he wouldn't be so stupid as to follow them.
"Come on Spina. We're leaving."
>She said, stalking past Scorzon with a sour look on her face.
"Don't follow us. Keep your blood money, and run, Saiyan. Next time I see you, I'll be less merciful, and I would be more wary of Atlas. He doesn't suffer failures well."
>She said, going to Spina, sour displeasure etched on every feature on her artificial face. She'd never been this disrespected, this debased, by this man or any other. Half of her wanted to beat the smile off his face... but he didn't deserve any more of her attention than he'd already garnered.

???!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542190

>>41541817
There!

>Arsene shouted to himself, chasing after the car, putting his concern for Elliot above all else.

>For now he followed in the skies above him, no way he would be able to stop him without hurting himself or damaging the car.
>swooping down low, he allowed himself to get closer to the car, but with that, closer to danger
>>41542124
>>41541824
>people were getting hurt and dying all over. Arsene couldn't save everyone.
>the Warning Reinforcement designated didn't bode well for him.
>if a bunch of high tech ships couldn't do anything to Ramiel, what could a lone harpy like himself do?

Sabot, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542191

File: 1523647545269.png (408.75 KB, 2000x2000, feedback.png)

>>41542124

"Well that's not too bad then, right?" Jinx did her best to smile reassuringly, an attempt to deflect from the fact she had no idea how many ribs humans had or how many they could deal with being broken. At least she knew from experience with her own physiology that a broken leg was bad news, and, a little more proud of that knowledge than she should have been, she began to help Joel work himself out of the wreck while taking care to not put pressure on any of the areas he'd indicated as damaged. "There we go," she muttered, gingerly scooping the young human up once he was free of the upturned vehicle. "Alright... think you're good to ride, or are we going on foot?" She took a closer look at Joel, her optics narrowing before a click of recognition appeared. "Oh, I know you!" she exclaimed. "You're one of the Lost Light guys; I think I've seen you around the shuttlebay when Cal and Tempest were working!"

That was followed by a pause just long enough to be awkward as Jinx, rough around the edges at the best of times, struggled to call on past experience with social cues to glean where the conversation should go from here.

She didn't come up with much.

"Sup, guy?"

---

Warning: Evangelion units 01 and 02 inbound. Prepare to facilitate AT field neutralization.

"Well that sounds ominous," Feedback said to no 'bot in particular. Every civilian ship going up in flames or bolt of angelic fire carving through Protectorate defenders got a muttered "Damn it" from the captain of the Hemnev-Tekhar as he swiveled his chair around to move to a different console. "Roll, anything on those decryption theorems?" "Nothing concrete," she admitted, shaking her head. "Everything I've tried either returns nonsense code or a repetition of Ramiel's initial message." He frowned at that, even as his fingers flew across the keyboard in front of him, a series of bright emerald rectangles, each one filled with all sorts of telemetry and atmospheric data, lighting up the screen in answer. "Well, even if weapons don't do anything, we can try to muddy the waters a bit," he muttered, punching the launch command and scattering a wave of unmanned probes straight for the sphere of influence Ramiel was busy terrorizing. Roll stopped what she was doing for a moment to watch the captain work, how quickly he was going through each individual probe's settings to disable their gravimetric anchors and push their engines to dangerous levels of heat and energy output... he was trying to distract Ramiel, hoping that the geometric thing would confuse at least a few of them for fleeing ships. It was an expensive gambit, but if it worked, then a few extra hours of haggling with the next quartermaster they had the fortune of meeting was a price they'd happily pay.

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542192

>>41542123
>>41542117
>Shuuja had been about to give her shpeil on Transformers, what she knew about them, how she'd encountered them... All that was stopped, dead in its tracks, by what she was sure was the centuries of psychosis catching up to her. Rubbing her eyes, she was dumbfounded, and sure that her brain chemistry had finally given up the ghost, as the abomination rumbled to life in front of her.
>She'd only ever seen one species succeed in making black powder engines. It'd been a monumental thing, fed by belts of black powder cap ammo, meant for powering several thousand tons of mining equipment. The thought of a truck running on toilet paper truly had her questioning her sanity, until Sabot gave her that look that let her calm down.

"Oh thank god. He sees it too... we can be nuts together."
>Gesturing back to the Greenskin, she shrugged, in that universal gesture that said "I've got no fucking clue."
>Well, she should be the first to approach their delusions.
"Ummm... buddy, are you feeling alright?"
>She asked, figuring his horrible skin color had to be an infection or fungus of some sort.

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542196

File: 1523667708586.jpg (861.18 KB, 1231x1200, orklawl.jpg)

>>41542192
>>41542123
"Feelin' arroight? Feelin' arroight!?"

>The ork laughed heartily


"I'z on top of da world I am! S'been too long since I put togeva a trukk!"
>The big toothy grin on his face faded a little.

"S'not loike dere's much else ta do on dis tub. Been too long since I'z 'ad a good scrap."

>Sure, building stuff was helpful for tiding himself over, but nothing could replace the rush of a right, proppa fight! It's not like he could roughhouse with the humies. They were all weak and twiggy and they complained about dumb little things like "Nyeh nyeh nyeh, why'd you tear off my aaaaaaarm?" or "Ah bluh bluh bluh why are you firing live ammunition during a sparring maaaaaaaaatch?"

>Buncha whiny little grots. How they planned on fighting a WAAAGH! with an attitude like that, 'Eadga would never know.

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542197

File: 1523669792996.png (241.5 KB, 500x598, tumblr_p1ljjf4Q6V1qk66q6o1_r1_…)

>>41542192
>>41542196

Uh.... hhhhhuh. From just how much scar tissue the eukaryotic fella in front of them looked to be made of, Sabot wasn't really sure he needed many more good scraps in his life... on the other hand, however, it wasn't like he or his could really judge anyone for coming out the other side of a fight looking a little worse for wear. Sabot and Shuuja had technological and deific excuses, respectively, and sometimes he missed the days of getting a cool new scar he could tell war stories about later.

Maybe there was a way to damage hardlight enough to leave a psychosomatic imprint on the soul jar permanently...

Nah, best not to start down that road.

"I mean, I'm sure you know better than I do, friend, but it doesn't seem particularly..." Sabot let the sentence trail off as he looked to Shuuja as if he expected her shark-toothed grin to be holding the last word he was looking for, but that was about when he found it thanks to suddenly looking over at the biblical crash coming from somewhere in the direction of the Wonder Twins. Repairs were going as expected, at least. "... Dull," he finally finished, his attention at last returning fully to 'Eadga.

>>>Meanwhile<<<


Holy shit, this was dull.

Jet blew his cheeks out, arms idly swinging back and forth as he made what felt like the millionth slow circuit of his new quarters. Everyone they'd met so far had been incredibly accommodating of he and Fleetwood, the nice fox girl not even taking offense at the way the two of them tried and failed to not stare at her unfamiliar extremities as they were assigned to their new living quarters. One of the first things you learned when you spent a lot of time in deep space was to bring enough personal effects to make your quarters really your quarters, but the problem with that as far as it went for Jet was that, well, aside from a jacket held together by frayed thread and caked-on dirt that now doubtless belonged to one of his bunkmates and the drill bits he'd haggled from Riptire on account of the Imperial-issued ones being useless enough to earn you half-rations, he didn't really have many personal effects--

"What the--" he said to himself almost without thinking, pausing as his hands wandered over a pocket he'd forgotten about during the escape from Zeta Delphini and feeling an unfamiliar protrusion; he reached in and pulled out one of the carefully folded stars he'd managed to retrieve from Fleetwood's workshop right before they'd stolen their shuttle. He didn't even notice the corner of his mouth twitching upwards as he carefully held it, turning it over and over in his hands. "... I'm sure she won't mind," he said out loud to reassure himself that she wouldn't, putting the silvery model on his new terminal before sitting on his new bunk - God, it was so soft! - to properly admire his decorating skills.

... What was he smiling about?

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542198

File: 1523673332748.jpg (897.62 KB, 1280x1679, poof.jpg)

>>41542197
>>41542196
>Shuuja had several questions about this strange, green fellow and his 'Trukk' and it's toiletry transmission. For one, why was he building a truck in space? He wouldn't be able to breath, and the truck would go nowhere without traction. And there would be no air to burn the fue... the toilet paper. The entirety of the exercise seemed lost on her as she visibly deflated with a bit of a slump, her head cocked to the side with the inability to conjure up a why that explained the madness.
>A scrap though, that she understood. She hadn't met anybody that could challenge her physically on this ship, that she knew of. Her raids on Jeek bases and such had been similarly disheartening, if significantly bloodier.
"I know what you mean buddy. People around here seem fragile."
>She said, smiling in a way to show him he was in good company when it came to giving dentists nightmares. Not exactly kindred spirits, but she understood where he came from.
"Glad to see you're making your own entertainment though. Name's Shuuja. You are....?"
>She asked, looking for a name.

>>Meanwhile<<


>Fleetwood, meanwhile, had been trying to figure out an appropriate way to thank all the people in her life that had helped her to escape. Her quarters were hers, and they were already nicer than anything she'd had back on Delphini! She even had a hotplate! Not a shitty, improvised hotplate made of a broken heat exchanger, she had a professionally made, actually functional hotplate with heat settings and everything! And she was putting that damn thing to the test, cooking everything that came out of the replicator that she could get her hands on. Spices! Actual food! (It was replicator food, but it tasted better than gruelcakes!) And she was busy using what little cooking know how she had to try and make something delicious for the people that helped her, Peridot, Shuuja, Logan, Areanu and... Jet~

>She'd make something special for Jet. She'd taken a room down the hallway from him for a reason, and as the wonderful smell of her cooking wafted down the hallway and under Jet's door, he'd be able to only do one thing...
>Gag, predominantly.

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542199

File: 1523675013972.jpg (11.56 KB, 154x159, let him go.jpg)

>>41542124
> Only a Whale King. No, can't use that. Guess it's time to give the Erdzwei Orbital Interceptors a shot.

>She steps into the cockpit and feels the engine flare into life at her thoughts.


>... Yes. Yes, she can pilot it! Especially because she can look over the flight recordings immediately.


> She won't be the best, but she can at least be an annoyance. A shame, she'd wanted a shield because that thing had a shield. You either beat it aside or meet it with a shield of your own, and sadly, it seemed like she had neither.


> Either way, she was pretty sure that the pilot of this plane wouldn't miss it-- most of them were off-ship, trying to get back from that big race.


"Understood. Lost Light, call number EV-R28, flight SCR-7575, launching."

> The feeling of going up to the only sky she could remember as a true home... It was a beautiful, delicate thing.


> And then--


> Then she was thrust into hell.

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542200

File: 1523675202791.png (210.47 KB, 540x533, tumblr_ojzeth3AvK1spa8loo1_540…)

>>41542198

This time Jet nearly made it to the third word in his alarmed proclamation of "What the hell?" but this iteration of the question was borne much less of wondering what keepsake he'd found on his person and more of wondering what experiment to rival Zeta Delphini's worst was going on to produce an ungodly smell like that! He crinkled his nose, something in the back of his mind wondering if being a cyborg at least made it a little more bearable and how bad it would be if he were still human (both of which were questions he decided were for whenever he saw Peridot again), but the front of his mind was too busy getting a workout from leaping to conclusions. If it was that close, then Fleetwood might be--!

Jet didn't even need a reason to finish that particular thought, the young refugee already on his feet and running for his door. He only skidded to a hesitant, split-second halt long enough for the door to helpfully slide open for him; the technology was impressive, but he wasn't about to start questioning how it worked right now, only happy that it did... until he got to the other side of the hallway and, faced with the realization that Fleetwood's door would remain stubbornly closed on account of him not being a female Tamaranean, he anxiously hovered his fists over the door- just banging on it seemed weirdly crass, but he didn't know another way in. Gah, he didn't have time for this! "Fleetwood?" he finally settled for calling out. "Fleetwood! Are you okay?!"

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542201

File: 1523676924064.png (542.22 KB, 1040x877, I love it!.png)

>>41542200
>His knocking would get the door to open pretty quickly, and when it did, Fleetwood stepped forward with the biggest smile on her face, stepping from a wafting cloud of steam that smelled of death and cinnamon.
"Oh hey! I was just making dinner for you!"
>She said, the hot dish held in her arms clearly straight off the hot plate, but not seeming to bug her. The meal on it had clearly once been something edible, but was now far past the point of saving. Or hope.
>Setting it down on her table, Jet could see she'd personalized her place! She had a hot plate now, and a few dishes! Actual metal dishes! Sure, to anyone else they were stamped pieces of circular steel, but to her they were progress!
>Sitting down on the chair like she didn't notice the godawful miasma that resulted from doing things to chicken that should never be done to anything, ever, Fleetwood looked up at him with a bit of a mix of "oooh, you caught me" and "I'm excited you came!"
"Come on, sit down and eat with me. I just finished. I was gonna take it over to your place to surprise you."

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542202

File: 1523678162316.jpg (122.1 KB, 575x874, tumblr_p2cfv1lRjS1ubtm25o3_128…)

>>41542201

There wasn't much in the way of culture on Zeta Delphini outside of survival of the fittest and keeping your head down, but part of what resulted from that was a curious walking of the line between frowning on trying to learn things above your station and quashing things like religion and hope. This created a veritable hydraulic press of intense societal pressure, out of which a few things inevitably escaped, like the knowledge of how stars worked, because when you were rubbing the new kid's face in the dirt it only made it all that more effective to mockingly tell him that there were no gods in the sky, just balls of gas burning at temperatures his pathetic human mind couldn't even comprehend. The cruelty of that one reptilian tunnel boss aside, that meant Jet had come to learn a few things quite quickly and brutally: this meant that suns obviously had no feelings. They were inanimate astral bodies, simply burning for eternity. They could no more feel things like happiness or despair or dread any more than the planet itself could have.

So why was it that, when presented with the spread Fleetwood had prepared for them, he felt like he could practically feel the solar core in the pit of his stomach shrinking away from the artificial esophagus that led to it, like a million-degree lap dog steadily realizing that bath time was looming?

"Well," he replied, putting on his best poker face and giving her a passable facsimile of a grateful smile, "I'm glad I saved you the trouble." Desperate for a way to put off the inevitable, he began looking around her quarters, surprised at how well she'd made it work already- almost like she'd put her mind to sprucing the place up instead of just feeling vaguely sorry for herself about it. "I used to fantasize about getting this much room to myself," he marveled.
This post was edited by its author on .

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542203

File: 1523678252169.jpg (118.52 KB, 780x1024, tumblr_n7wxp3Z4ow1shal57o1_128…)

>>41542197
>>41542198
"Eadga. Eadga Trukknomanca'!"

>Maybe the last name gave Shuuja a clue why he'd build a trukk in space.

<"Ooh! Dose are sum decent chompa's right dere. Almost on an Okr's level!"

>'Eadga breifly raised a brow to this strange Ork/Humie crossover. How could standing around and not smashing things not be dull as the sheen on Gork's teef? (they can't be shining when yer being brutally kunnin', after all)

>But then his mood picked up again when Shuuja said exactly what he was thinking.

"An oi know, roight? Every time I'z try an' ruffhouse with one of these humies dey start whinin' to Gork an' Mork like dey'z afraid to lose an arm! Are humies just real fragile? Or is dis lot just soft?"

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542204

File: 1523679247458.jpg (463.47 KB, 1208x1400, kyoot.jpg)

>>41542202
Fleetwood had been busy sprucing up, it was true. She'd always been fascinated by the stars. Being in the greasepit, she'd been one of the few denizens of Delphini to know what they looked like, in the infrequent times she got to watch the garage door opening onto the starry expanse. She was also fairly close to the junkyard on the ship, and that would explain the countless shiny, polished stars she'd decorated her quarters with. She'd only had scraps before, but now on this ship with all the materials she could use? It was a shining starscape on her walls and ceiling... the rest of the place had been relatively scarcely decorated.
"Yeah, it's pretty big isn't it?"
She said, smiling as she flopped to her bed, the chicken de la pew on the table still giving off it's impressive reek. Fleetwood laid on the softness of the covers, and Jet could tell she'd taken a shower. The simple luxuries had her glowing with happiness, as she rose up to grin at him. It was almost as if she'd forgotten about the gut churning situation she was in.
"So, what did you sound so urgent about when you came over? Something wrong?"
She asked, tilting her head to the side, the way her hair flounced about more than cute.
This post was edited by its author on .

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542205

File: 1523680444783.jpg (67.43 KB, 500x645, eed8398b1e99a45ae4e4bca87149fa…)

>>41542204

Urp.

"No, not at all," he answered like a liar, finding her smile was infectious to the point that he was suddenly struggling with straddling the line between not playing his hand regarding the dinner he felt like was cackling with malicious glee at his misfortune behind his back at that very moment and not just... well, staring at her. He'd never been torn between an infinitely terrible option and an option that was actually preferable and not more appropriately defined as 'less awful,' and the way he was trying to not stammer as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away... well, it'd be miraculous if it didn't show. "Just, uh..."

A spark showed up in his eyes as he made a connection, looking back to her as his awkward smile returned. "Jet, you're a genius," he praised himself, feeling like whatever was out there in lieu of solar sentience had his back at least a little bit as he walked over, offering her one of the little hand-folded stars he'd managed to salvage. "I found 'em when I started getting my own place set up," he explained; he was vaguely familiar with the concept of everyone being their own worst critic, but boy was this easy out seeming more pitiful with every word out of his mouth, even the keepsake not seeming to glimmer anymore in comparison to its newer brothers and sisters decorating her quarters. "I just, uh..." He shifted uneasily, suddenly finding eye contact a lot harder.

That didn't stop those bright baby blues from at least trying.

"I thought you might want it back," the cyborg finished lamely.

>>41542198
>>41542203

"Sabot," the Mag'har replied, offering 'Eadga a curt wave while they were doing introductions, but he'd already found a bit of conversation much more interesting to latch onto. "Wait, hold on," he cut in, now fully invested in what the greenskin blackthumb had to say; one arm remained crossed over his chest, the other arm's elbow resting on the horizontal forearm to provide a comfortable resting place as he placed two loosely curled fingers against his lips and shifted his weight to one hip in a universally inquisitive stance. "I'll be honest, I don't know much about humies," he started in with charming, naive earnestness, "but uh... I don't know a lot of people that'd be fine with losing an arm. Shoggoths... Shokans..." He glanced to Shuuja for any he might have missed before returning his attention to 'Eadga. "Is that just something y'all can do in this part of the universe? Just... grow shit back?"

This place was cool!

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542216

>>41542205
>>41542203
>By which Sabot meant he knew one person okay with losing an arm. Giving the hardlight construct a look that said "Good, now you've encouraged him" she moved to fix that.
"I've found most of the species on board this boat seem pretty squishy. Go find a Saiyan, or one of the Transformers to scrap with if you need a good tousle. Or hit me up. I'm always willing to knock some heads."
>She said, figuring she'd talk the big lug's language as she knocked her fist into her hand with an impressive, meaty slap. Looking to Sabot out the corner of her eye, the wild, half there smile probably fooled Eadga, but Sabot knew what it meant.
>"This is why I'm a hermit. This is why making friends is bad. why did you drag me into this?"

>>Meanwhile<<

>Fleetwood gasped, the thoughtfulness of the action washing over her with a warm, tingling feeling of gratitude as she held her hands over her breast.
"That's so sweet of you Jet!"
>She said, standing up with a soft smile on her features. Looking to all her new stars, she'd forgot about the pounded pieces of scrap metal he'd taken from her own sanctum on Delphini. The fact that he'd kept one, and wanted to return it to her... It melted her heart. She wasn't used to caring like this, by anyone! She was used to Delphinian politics, of grubbing the next promotion so that slaves could prove themselves useful and escape the pitts... compassion, love, these were foreign concepts, and she wasn't sure what she felt...
>She did know how dreary these rooms were without any work though... standing up, she walked up to him, taking his hands in her own and curling his fingers around it.
"You take it Jet. So you can remember the escape. Remember where we came from."
>She said, smiling brightly as something on the hotplate caught fire and began to writhe in the pot. She didn't seem to notice as she looked up at him, something sparking in the deep, bubblegum pools of her eyes.
"It'll keep us humble, if we ever turn into big rebel heroes!"
>She said, going over to tend her pot, finally, and beat back whatever unholy food/fire elemental she'd summoned. Gasping, suddenly, she turned to ask him.
"Do you think we'll get medals?! Statues? I don't even know what I'd do with fame!"
>She was way too innocent to of come out of Delphini, that's for sure...
This post was edited by its author on .

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542237

File: 1523729944546.jpg (496.22 KB, 1000x1000, 1362963146295.jpg)

>>41542205
>Hold on a minute. He couldn't grow an arm back?
"Uh... yeh? I don't know much 'bout humies eitha', but fer us orks, we lose and arm, we'z grown it roight bak by the end of da week!"
>Doesn't everyone?

>>41542216
"Sayin', transforma'..."
>'Eadga looked off to the side a moment, as if trying to remember those two terms.
<"Or hit me up. I'm always willing to knock some heads."

"Oooh! I like da way you fink! Hell, you'z up fer a match now? 'Fraid I'z might be gettin' outta practice."

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542239

File: 1523736135419.jpg (30.5 KB, 400x400, 01da7ef0d3e09b249d07b604380794…)

>>41542237
>>41542216

Sabot just let out an exasperated grunt and helpless shrug at the look from Shuuja, not entirely sure how what he said had exacerbated the ork's eagerness for a scrap - it certainly seemed like the green simian fella didn't need any help with that - but not offering much actual resistance with the practiced experience of what was probably several millennia of this exact same song and dance. "Well he agreed, didn't he?!" the Mag'har hissed to his mate.

He hadn't even been awake for an hour yet and he could already hear it in the back of his head: "This is a fine mess you've gotten us into this time, Sabot," or "That was the best arm I'd managed to grow back in years and you had to go and make me waste it, Sabot," or "This is how we got put on jury duty for that one guy who accidentally blew up three planets and we don't have time for that shit, Sabot."

... Maybe that last one had been a bit of an outlier even at the time.

"Well there you go, we've all got something to bond over," he declared to 'Eadga's regenerative boast, even if that wasn't strictly the case for himself: he didn't really grow things back so much as he was just really proficient at not losing them in the first place. Being made of forcefields did that for you. "I'm assuming whoever's in charge of this place wouldn't be real thrilled with us just tearing the shuttlebay up, though." Who was in charge around here, anyway?

>>41542216

Jet practically beamed at the way she tenderly guided his fingers back into a loose fist around the Delphinian keepsake, the bright smile all but making his eyes glimmer with happiness at how happy she was to see it again and then to offer to let him keep it... his heart fluttering was a concept he wasn't terribly familiar with, and indeed it was one he'd now never know the proper meaning of first-hand, but the way something in the pit of his solar core swelled and flared would have reminded anyone in his shoes of what butterflies in their stomach had once felt like.

And then the hotplate had to go and remind him, with a roiling, bubbling retching sound, of how he'd wound up on this side of the hallway in the first place and how dangerous a cook with limitless ambition and resources with none of the practical skill to back it up could be to an as-yet virgin digestive system.

"That's a good question," he mused at her starry-eyed dreaming, trying to fight the feeling of bile rising in his throat as he saw the baby eldritch abomination she'd somehow managed to create from replicator-standard ingredients writhing in the pot and being fought back with a wooden goddamn spoon- the logistics of how he could even still produce bile was a question for another time. His imminent peril aside, he found it pretty easy to get swept along with her; hell, the security droids on the colony had been one of the most fearfully whispered-of tools the gasheads had at their disposal, and the two of them had dispatched a pair of the war machines with their bare hands! Easily! With some training in actual combat and a better grasp of what they were now capable of... he let out a sigh as he let himself dream about it for the first time in his life. The Empire had authorized the experiments that had taken his old life from him, and just thinking about how easily he could make them regret giving him his new life... He looked back to Fleetwood with a smile, doing his level best to ignore the black smoke wreathing her lovely features. "I don't even know what I'd do with medals, let alone fame," he laughed self-consciously.

Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542256

File: 1523755873261.jpg (54.72 KB, 980x490, landscape-1429894916-1987buick…)

>>41542124
>One of Emily's pained grunts took on a sound awfully similar to a sigh of relief when Grind did the sensible thing considering her impalement. Given the agony shooting through her left arm any time she moved it, Em was guessing that it hit a bone or two as it went in.
>She was NOT looking forward to the part where she had to get up to move.

"So... Ghk. Where do we go now?"

>>41542190
>Right as she asked that, the Lazerhawk performed a rapid deceleration by throwing it into a sideways skid.
>Y'know, he technically just came in first place, but that didn't feel like such a huge victory anymore
<"There she is! Is she okay? Who's that Cybertronian?"
>Whatever the answer was to those questions, Elliot threw the door open and shouted.

"EM! OVER HERE!"

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542278

File: 1523817203442.jpg (1006.14 KB, 2799x1541, Dropkick.jpg)

>>41542186

>He was thrown unceremoniously back to the ground with his kick not landing in any meaningful way. Sliding across the ground, Scorzon managed to right himself just in time to hear Circe's frustration and fury. Yes, good! Get mad! Show me your true-what?


>Scorzon's eyes widen in surprise, before narrowing in anger. To feel so strongly, so passionately and to push it towards giving up?! He wouldn't accept that. He wouldn't accept that at all, not when he was having so much fun.


...Where do you think you're going?

>Scorzon pulled himself to his feet. The expression of anger having firmly set itself on his face as he powered up once more. His muscles unnaturally bulged out against his battle jacket, and the sickly purple light around him seemed to grow deeper in colour. As the older Saiyan crouched in a low stance, the seriousness of his gaze seemed such a stark contrast to his joviality before, as he managed to spit some more words at Circe's back as she walked away from him.


You'll be less merciful then? You can keep it. I don't want your mercy, and this fight is far from over!

>He burst into action, kicking off of the ground and streaking across the battlefield. He'd forced the energy through his feet and out in order to kick him into the air in a long, fast jump, and with the momentum he'd built up as well as the speed, he leaned back and extended both legs out in a point, attempting to deliver a powerful dropkick to the back of her head. He didn't even care if she dodged him, or countered him or worse! The only thing he wanted was to keep fighting.

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542279

File: 1523817563629.jpg (159.88 KB, 1920x1080, 1495427192647.jpg)

>>41541815
>The whitehorn uses the down time to pull out her map of the cave lay outs next, a huge piece of parchment with countless winding tunnels drawn on it. Carefully plotting their course was going to critical to not getting lost.

>Meanwhile, Carmilla sits against the cave wall with her knees around her chest. She looks over at Meirk and smiles sadly at his attempt at encouragement.


Haha... I'm not so sure...

>She shudders at bit just thinking back to the monster they had fought only moments before.


...I never did tell you the full story about my encounter with a wendigo... did I?

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542281

File: 1523820304390.png (525.37 KB, 1243x768, Suspiciousminds.png)

>>41542279

>Merik towered over the smaller vampire for a few moments, eyes neutral and brow furrowed...Before he took a seat next to her. Still a fairly healthy distance, but he was engaging her on the same level, giving her the courtesy of looking her face to face.


>Though he frowned slightly at Carmilla's lack of confidence, he never got the chance to open his mouth to assuage her before she spoke once more. Of course, he never had been told the full story. Carmilla had made it fairly clear how little she wanted to discuss it, and he wasn't the type to pry anyway. That said...


...You did not. You don't have to.

>She seemed so fragile. Such a stark contrast to the Carmilla that he normally knew, and yet for all his irritation at her far too extravagant behaviour, seeing her like this felt worse. Someone with all the colour and life drained out of them. It was just...wrong.

Lukas Prestridge!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542282

File: 1523820445723.jpg (98.07 KB, 556x1000, PAIIIN2.jpg)

>>41541731
>The pain was terrible, far more than being beaten and crushed like only a few months earlier. Feeling a foreign object pierce all the way through him, sticking into the floor and leaving him pinned, every movement and even the beats of his heart sending shuddering agony through his limbs, the only thing able to keep him conscious was the anger he felt as he watched this thing take hold of Eva for itself.

*Cough*... ack..! Don't think.. that this...!
UWWAAAGH!!!


>There was something else in the pain, not just the nail - something piercing his body from the inside, something his very existence was trying to reject as it crept into his bone, muscle and blood..!


FUCK!...nngh..! You.. I'll...!!

>Try as he might to lift his arm, try as he might to fight the situation, the unfortunate reality was sinking in. Eva was offline, his powers and even physical attacks wouldn't work on this thing, and the worst reminder of all - every single one of those infected bodies was still around and, though he'd sent them a good ways out, they were moving ever closer, encircling him.


>The most he could do, to retain his sense of self and pride, was look up into those dark, glowing eyes - at that ever-present smile that looked down at him like so many did, and put every ounce of hatred he could into his glare.


If you take her... I will make you regret it... I swear...!

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542299

File: 1523839273082.png (418.03 KB, 604x878, You shouldn't have.png)

>>41542239
>>41542237
>Shuuja had been just about to inform Sabot who was in charge around here, when she realized she didn't really know... Who ran this tub anyway?
>Shrugging, she let the question slide.
"No clue, Sabot. The captain on this boat's pretty secluded..."
>Turning back to Eadga, she smiled and shrugged. Gesturing to her friend, she shook her head softly.
"Sorry big guy. I'm not exactly looking to kick any ass right now. Trying to show my friend around the place first... Maybe the holodeck? In a few hours?"
>She asked, hoping the tiny brain she assumed was hiding behind the slack-jawwed grin on the green lug's face would be able to process that she didn't mean 'fight right now'. She felt fairly confident she could knock a few of those oversized teeth out, but the amount of muscle on Eadga had her nervous. She could survive having an arm ripped off, but enjoying it? Taking a deep, calming breath, she patted the orc on the shoulder gingerly.
"Sorry for getting your hopes up."

>>Meanwhile<<


>Fleetwood was finally beginning to understand how bad she was at cooking when she had to stab her tar monster in the face to get it to deflate. Turning the hot plate off, she tasted the end of the spoon, and her face afterwords mirrored the horror he'd nearly been forced to endure. Looking to the dish she'd already cooked, he could see the meek smile on her face, the way she seemed embarrassed at her cooking, the way she kicked the ground with her heel.


"...Probably won't ever be famous for cooking."
>She said softly, looking up through the curtain of her golden locks as she dumped the pan into the trash chute.
"There was a bar... wanna try eating there?"
>She asked, before running her fingers over her tongue, trying to get the taste off as her eyes avoided his. She understood his sudden arrival now.

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542309

File: 1523848251480.png (980.22 KB, 887x849, Ork_Speed_Freek.png)

>>41542239
>>41542299
"D'awww arroight..."

>'Eadga's head drooped, but he didn't feel a need to push for a fight right now. When you were starving, "You get to eat in a few hours" was still better than "You have no idea when you're going to get to eat again."


"Makes sense oi suppose... If we trash da stuff in 'ere, s'no good against da ringies. See ya at da 'olodeck, then."

>Despite the reports, Gorkamorkan Orks clearly weren't quite as dimwitted as people thought they were. They at least understood concepts like "trade", "waiting" and "not smashing everything that isn't green and fungal."

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542310

File: 1523849844189.jpg (61.35 KB, 564x805, 2687ece17210cf00fc08a6b5e79b80…)

>>41542299
>>41542309

Well now Sabot had just felt like he'd kicked a big green puppy- the puppy's face consisted of nearly three-quarters teeth, but it was a puppy nonetheless, and it wasn't like he or Shuuja could hold having impressive chompers against anyone. "It's a date, then," he said, the xenos from the other side of the known universe giving the Gorkamorkan the closest thing humanoids of their kind could consider to be a down-home smile.

The razor-sharp tusks getting bared alone probably would have been enough to send members of most other sentient species running screaming in the other direction.

"Here, check this out," Sabot encouraged their new friend with all the conspiratorial eagerness of a frat boy who had just discovered an awful new smell to inflict on his pledge brothers, stepping forward to offer one trunk-like forearm for 'Eadga's inspection. "You'll like this." If the ork gave the muscled arm a firm enough squeeze, he'd discover something weird: sinew and leathery skin could only account for so much before there had to be at least some give, but this guy was built like a rock! Sabot's grin just widened as he watched 'Eadga come to his own conclusions; whatever path his theories took that diverged from the truth of the Mag'har's status as a creature of smoke and mirrors, it was almost foregone that he'd reach the concluding destination of 'Tough fight, fun fight.'

>>41542299

And all of a sudden all the awful cooking in the world wouldn't have stood a chance against Jet if it meant he could get her to stop looking like that. "No, no, it's okay!" he blurted, guilt wracking his face as he rushed over to whatever remnants of the Gruel Elemental hadn't yet been banished to the ship's incineration recycling units. He managed to wrench a bubbling, sopping mass from the remnants of Fleetwood's foe, his old fears resurfacing now that he was actually faced with it... but seeing the look on her face again was all he needed to steel his resolve and shovel it right down his gullet, clenching his jaw and swallowing as quickly as he could manage to get the slimy, amorphous, eldritch blob of culinary rookie mistakes down his throat and into the fiery death that awaited it. Oh, stars, why could he still feel how slimy it was...?! Restraining a body-wide, convulsing shudder, he looked back to her with a wide smile. "See? It's fine, Fleetwood."

One second.

Two seconds.

He tried to play it cool, but there wasn't really any way to sweep gastric problems under the rug when your cheeks suddenly blew out like a blowfish, followed by them rapidly deflating in lieu of your mouth opening to allow a billow of thick, noxious smoke to roil forth.

One second.

Two seconds.

Okay, smoke's clear.

"So," he continued weakly, his voice the closest to a squeak she'd heard since meeting him; at least he would have time to clear his throat as some cleansing subsystem or another purged jets of steam from either ear for the third second to banish the remains of the beast. "A bar, huh?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542312

File: 1523879920591.png (273.59 KB, 343x512, Ready.png)

>>41542278
>For one second, Circe had thought her reprimand would work. He had to recognize a royal voice; He was intelligent, and she'd shown she was faster, stronger, and infinitely more durable than mortal flesh and blood. The attack dog was yapping about something, and to be honest, she couldn't much care about it. She'd risen above this...
Incoming Impact
"Wha..."
>And then her neck broke. The light-steel supports on her frame shattered, her head flopping backwards as she was struck, and her entire body flopped onto the ground.
>For most people, that'd be the end of it. For her though, it was an annoying length of time, infuriated as she was forced to lay in the filth. Nanites in her system rebuilt the shattered tendons, her body responding even with her head askew. Standing, she put it back in place with the sound of wrenching metal, liquid silver seeming to flow from the wounds to rebuild the damaged superstructure of her creation. Oddly enough, tiny beams of energy lanced out from her hands to scar the earth where that fluid landed. Looking him in the eye, he saw a different kind of cold fury. Previously, it had been the fury of protection, of concern for a friend. It had slowly turned to the anger of frustration and hatred. What burned in her eyes now, was nothing but pure, cold contempt. Squaring her shoulders, she held her head proud and high, her horns curling back, and her flaming locks framing her robotic face in a halo.
"Scorzon. This is your very. Last. Chance."
>She said, glaring down at him imperiously. He heard an ominous whine of engines coming from her, her body ports beginning to glow as the orange flames atop her head changed to a deep, blue radiance, the heat only building as she moved from one temperature to the next.
"If you do not submit, now, then I will break every bone in your body. Alphabetically."

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542314

File: 1523901982879.png (238.88 KB, 600x900, 677427da463d8e3d7411c5438c9213…)

>>41542191

we are under attack by math. i knew it would get us eventually.

>He groans in misery, both from pain and the sight of his ruined car.


awww man. that thing was the best.

>>41542256

My friend's taking our shuttle to do some evac. Looked like you and your friends got here in a Cybertronian shuttle, so we'll take that to get some medical aid.

>Grind turns, waving down at Elliot.


I'VE GOT HER! SHE'S PRETTY BAD, BUT SHE SHOULD BE ALRIGHT IF WE GET HER TO A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY!

>Turning back to Emily, he lowers his voice again.


You alright to walk, or do you want me to carry you?



>Farther from them, a piece of debris lying across part of the stands lifts, a young girl standing under it and holding it up as if it were mere cardboard and not several tons of concrete and metal. She throws it aside casually, looking over the others briefly as she speaks inaudibly to an older woman besides her, who clambers to her feet.


>>41542191

>Twin cargo transports appear from farther within the system, each carrying a large drop pod. The drop pods open to reveal two large, humanoid mechs, one predominantly purple and the other largely red and orange.


Evangelion Unit 01 active. Evangelion Unit 02 active. All units be advised. AT Field disruption may result in low-level reality distortion.

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542315

File: 1523902651850.jpg (1.08 MB, 2789x2156, Chargingforth.jpg)

>>41542312

>The kick impacted, she'd been caught entirely off guard by it and she flopped to the ground, her head lolling backwards as it did. Scorzon would have been shocked, had she not immediately started rebuilding herself. If any other mercenary had been hired, it would probably be scary to face. Someone who did not damage, who did not tire, and would repair their injuries almost as soon as they were made...But to a Saiyan...well, his reactions spoke for themselves.


>Circe got back up again and she looked more than pissed off now. She was absolutely wonderful, someone with such raw talent to fight, with such power lying dormant! It was a shame that she felt no need to care about it, no, more than a shame. A waste. Scorzon met her gaze levelly, but the grin that was threatening to occupy his face once again seemed to abruptly die once she finished her threat, replaced with a scowl as the energy around him flared up. The fiery light framing her face doing nothing to daunt him as he prepared to strike, and he made an uncharacteristically short final comment.


Saiyans don't submit.

>And then he charged, forgoing all throws, holds and fancy moves that he could think of as he just used his speed and his strength to fire the hardest punch he could muster into her face. Come what may. Broken bones or otherwise, he wouldn't be satisfied, not until he'd given her his all.

Sabot, Jet, Jinx, and Feedback!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542319

File: 1523911081009.png (322.5 KB, 1000x511, 758f273c8f5f567861e864779ee82b…)

>>41542314

"Yeah, sure," Jinx said in a tone of voice that was anything but convinced as to just how great the car really was; whether that was from the car giving her more of a run for her money than she cared to admit or from a more traditionally-rooted belief in whatever Cybertron's mechanical equivalent of manifest destiny had been before its slow and violent death, however, remained a mystery. "I was never much a fan of math either," she continued, doing her best to keep the conversation going. "Just a buncha numbers some Praxian prick from Autobot High Command would use to tell us how impossible our latest assignment was before we'd pull it off anyway."

She thought about mentioning how often it would take her personally beating those odds and how usually only she and Cal were the only ones lucky enough to walk out of those assignments still online, but even she was perceptive enough to realize death was probably a subject best not touched on right at the moment.

"The fact it's literally trying to kill me now isn't lost on me."

Whether she had meant that for Joel, Ramiel, or whatever miscellaneous god of retribution she assumed was laughing at her remained a mystery as well--

"What the hell?"

Or maybe she'd meant it for that freakishly strong young woman down the way who was busy tossing remains of the Moreau Open around like the twisted remains of roll-cages were just pieces of cardboard. Jinx watched with cautious, vested interest as the young woman went about her rescue efforts; if that last quip had been meant for her after all, then it was far too low for Jinx's usual decibel level for it to be able to reach her--

"HEY!"

Ah. That was more like it.

>>>Meanwhile<<<


Feedback could only stand in shocked silence for a tick of the clock at that latest proclamation. "Roll, check audio quality on that last transmi--"

"I already did," she cut in, turning to look at him. "Everything was one-hundred percent. Whatever the Evangelion Units are, we at least have an idea of what to expect from them." "I doubt that," the Autobot captain growled as he reached to a console that wasn't even connected to the holoscreen terminal and punched a big red button to set klaxons going across their little ship. "Time to get your brothers up; whatever reality distortion counts for in the Protectorate, we're not risking them tearing up the Tekhar in some nightmare-induced rampage. Besides," he continued, glancing back to the screen beside him (it was currently dominated primarily by a three-dimensional model of the airspace above the planet, a large sphere of influence surrounding Ramiel turning red as the blip representing their heavy shuttle passed through its event horizon) before punching another few buttons to begin priming weapons systems. "If, best case scenario, they mean reality distortion on the level of disrupting mathematics, aka the base code of the universe, then maybe--"

"-- then maybe the nonsense code becomes a little more legible and conventional weapons fire will be able to reach Ramiel!" Roll excitedly concluded; it wasn't like her to keep cutting her ward off to finish his sentences, but in the heat of the moment of an operation like this, when the klaxons were wailing to bring Shake and Rattle to attention and the steadily-building whir of priming weapon systems was audible at the edge of their hearing, it wasn't like any of them could really help themselves. They were freedom fighters, not trained soldiers.

"Atta girl."
This post was edited by its author on .

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542323

File: 1523918314177.jpg (157.87 KB, 500x500, tumblr_msvgp3XxUC1qdytv1o1_500…)

>>41542309
>>41542310
>Shuuja felt bad at that one... She wasn't trying to break the poor guy's heart... And she was getting the sneaking suspicion that he wasn't as stupid as she thought. He was simple, sure, but he'd made a functioning solid fuel engine... Softening a bit, she chuckled at Sabot's antics. She shouldn't of been as harsh as she was on either of them...
>And that's pansy thinkin. Stopping that, she nodded at Eadga.
"Yeah, no use having war machines if we break em. Don't worry your head about it. I promise a good tousle... So, what else is there to do on this tub anyway? I only ever fixed and ate meals on my ship... Wandered through the brig and the holodeck, but those don't seem like vacation destinations."
>She asked Eadga, eager to find out what parts of the shiphe found interesting.

>>meanwhile<<

>Fleetwood wasn't near fast enough to stop Jet from taking that fateful, awful bite, and she held her hands over her mouth in horror, eyes wide as his body dealt with her cooking. As his cheeks billowed with smoke, her own cheeks billowed out, her shoulders shaking as she caught her laugh. She might of succeeded, until he squeaked, and her smile broke out, explosive giggling racking her body as she collapsed, hugging him half for support for herself, and half for emotional support on his behalf. It took a few moments for the humor of the situation to subside before she wheezed out an answer.
"Yes~ The bar sounds fine Jet..."

Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542324

File: 1523922882070.jpg (122.74 KB, 454x620, Emily_poutyface.jpg)

>>41542314
>>41542319
"Hrm, let's see..."

>Was she alright to walk? Emily started to pull herself to her feet and Roll 1d2 = 2


>1

>Steadily, shakily, and without using her left arm, Emily rolled onto her side, put her knees to the ground, and tried to pull herself upright. To her own surprise, she succeeded! From there, she managed to get from her knees to her feet.

"Huh... Yeah. I guess I am."
>She'd have to keep an eye and a hand over that rebar wound though.

>2

>Emily used her good arm to push herself into an upright seated position and-
"GAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK FUCK FUCK!"
>She grabbed her shoulder as a truly obnoxious amount of pain shot through it. She barely even noticed that she'd fallen onto her back again.

"Rrgh..."

>Nope. Not gonna happen.

Circe, Heiress to FireCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542325

File: 1523926161916.gif (2.39 MB, 480x270, Touchdown.gif)

>>41542315
>Circe watched him rear back, ready to charge. She heard his declaration, setting her jaw as she let her newest systems finish activating.
Projectile avoidance system available. Temporal dialation system: Online. Spacial relocation system: Online.

"A pity."

>Circe watched the world slow to a crawl around her, her already lightning fast reflexes magnified as the core in her chest whirred. It was a testament to Scorzon's abilities that he still seemed to move in this heightened state of speed that Circe could reach. There was a flash, her entire body ionizing as she instantly seemed to fold into nothing, reappearing instantaneously in a flash of arcing plasma.

>Scorzon's fist hit nothing but air, Circe standing imperiously over him as she brought her fist down on his elbow. Thrusters flared like the declaration of a roaring god as she drove those metal fingers through a region of him that was far more fragile than his chest... And metal beat out flesh, and bone, as his arm broke with a sickening crack, the elbow bent at a torturous angle... But she wasn't done.
>Scorzon would barely be able to follow the sweep of her leg as she swept down, using the momentum of her punch to give her a pivot point on the ground. He felt his knees buckle, his body forced back to look at the sky... There was that same sound of electrical buzzing, space warping over Circe as she appeared above him, a distant fiery drop against the backdrop of the sky. In the moments it took him to hit the ground, he saw a glow extend through her right arm, her fiery core seeming to send a pulse of energy to her palm... but it wasn't an incinerating blast of power. It was a tiny star, so bright and hot that it nearly blinded him before she closed her fist around it. The energy it released flashed through her fingers, beams of light slicing through boulders, landmarks, trees, in perfect slices as she contained it in her fist. The entirety of her arm steamed, lighting up like a sun as engines exploded behind her, her wings carrying her down like a falling star.
>This was the power she was capable of unleashing. For a second before it hit, Scorzon's world went black and white, the precision and strength hopefully not lost on the Saiyan warrior.
>And then, she collided. The earth buckled, a rolling shockwave that bursted into clouds of powdered stone, shattered woodchips and scattered ash.The quake reached back to the city, the force of the blow sending debris high into the sky as the crater enveloped the entire field.
>Circe had promised to break him. She'd kept that promise.
This post was edited by its author on .

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542326

File: 1523927640141.jpg (1016.21 KB, 793x1000, ho hom.jpg)

>>41542314
>>41542319

> "Reality warping", huh. Well, that's a new one. Then again, all of this was new, so it wasn't like she didn't have plenty of reason to consider this.


Ack.

> She re-set the limiters to 40 gravities. She could move in seven gravities as easily as she could move in one, and for far longer than she expected to be in this fight. Not sure how well the craft could take it, but she, at least, wouldn't black out or end up a grease smear on a 40g burn.


> Easy enough to spoof the vernier and YPR controls.


> ... Scanners... Showed several ships behind her. No good, she'd have to move out from down range.


> At least directed energy weapons were likely to distract it, and if she kept a few light-seconds out, she might have enough warning or a good distance


> But... Hemmed in as she is by civilian craft and populations...


> Emma punched it sidewise and felt the craft strain just a little bit. That fusion candle was no joke.

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542331

File: 1523930844229.jpg (104.78 KB, 500x500, Finking_wiz_siantz.jpg)

>>41542310
"Mm?"

>The Ork gave the Orc a puzzled look as he presented his forearm. Granted, it was on the meaty side for a humie. This sabot guy must've been half ork, half humie after all!

>Somehow, 'Eadga managed to get the context clues and give his forearm a squeeze. His face lit up with the realization as he gave it a few more squeezes to be sure things were the way he thought they were.

"Ooh! Dat's dead 'ard! You'z could bounce a shot from a Mega-Kannon by flexin', I'z bet!"

>>41542323
"Well, da humies all like dat "Fluffy Tail" place, but dey'z kan't get me a squig pie any betta' dan the repli-, repluh... repikay... da fings wot make stuff for yah."

>The Fluffy Tail was little good to 'Eadga, but maybe Shuuja would find value in it that 'Eadga couldn't.


"Me? I loike da scrapyards. S'noice ta just look 'round, find nice, shiny bitz to add to me deffgun, an' get ideas fer me next projekt."
>'Eadga patted the hood of his toilet paper trukk.

"Got the idea fer dis ol' girl when I saw a pair of wheely fingies on a metal arm. Den I asked meself 'dat duffpaper da humies use burns, roight? Kan ya build a trukk wot runs on it?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Jet, Jinx, and Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542333

File: 1523933120302.png (221.56 KB, 500x667, tumblr_n8gnk72NRR1te58boo1_r2_…)

>>41542323

Jet didn't seem quite in a place to reciprocate the hug just yet, but he at least did his damnedest to drape a limp arm around her as his other hand kept him casually propped up against the counter until internal gyroscopes could quietly reboot. "Hopefully fewer pissed-off Chistori taskmasters in this particular bar," he smiled weakly, already starting to feel like himself again at least. That was a few key questions answered conveniently quickly: he could still taste, possibly his body's way of letting him consciously recognize and counteract an attempt at poisoning (whatever passed for poison for him now), his body could take care of being compromised without any input on his part, and Fleetwood's cooking couldn't be trusted until she had a little more practical experience under her belt.

Maybe a lot of practical experience, just to be safe.

"So I'll be honest," he continued after a while. "I'm okay with directions- there's only so many times you can get turned around in tunnels that look the same before you just get a knack for it- but I, uh... I can't read." It had seemed like such a natural thing before now, but he felt weirdly self-conscious about confessing that now. "Not outside of the obvious things, anyway. Danger, No Trespassing, Pain of Death, Quarantine... I'm out of my depth here." He rubbed the back of his neck. "So what I'm getting at is, erm... I hope you know how to get there, cuz I'm useless with names."

>>41542331

"Right?" Sabot grinned, flashing those nightmarishly pronounced pearly-whites with secondhand excitement. As 'Eadga explained the replicators, Sabot would make a few assumptions about how he'd come to be in this current reincarnation cycle and give a knowing look to Shuuja that, with context clues, would pretty easily translate to "Ah, so that's why I feel like I'm a mass-produced model this time around." Fluffy Tail...? Sounded like a damn vastaya redlight district. He tried to show subtle interest, but (probably) unfortunately for him, subtlety wasn't a strong suit. Fortunately for him, that interest carried right over into the next unfamiliar phrase from the ork that he latched onto. "Deffgun?" he repeated, still not really making the connection between accent and proper meaning.

>>41542324

Oh, that was a sound she recognized. Becoming calloused to it didn't necessarily mean it became any easier for Jinx to see someone she'd... well, someone she'd at least seen around in pain. "Unicron's spike," she swore under her breath, looking markedly uncomfortable at being so deep in a situation she was utterly helpless to amend herself. What the hell were you supposed to do when there wasn't a 'Con to hit with a glass gas slug in retribution for your buddy's spark chamber half-hanging out of its chest casing?

Not once did she consider this a personal issue that probably needed to be looked at more closely. Didn't everyone feel that way about things they weren't proficient at?

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542336

>>41542256
>Now that Elliot had stopped, the harpy landed, touching down in between Elliot's car and Emily.
Is everyone alright?
>he asked, despite knowing well at least one person was certainly not "alright"

>>41542324
>>41542314
I can carry anyone who is injured.
>he said, gripping his talons into the ground.
Just point me to the nearest hospital or doctor, it's faster to travel in the air than on foot...

>he said, looking to the sky, eye-ing the angry piece of geometry who called itself "Ramiel."


...not sure if safer though.

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542348

File: 1523995899851.png (58.23 KB, 564x697, Lapis_sketch_08.png)

>OK, this time she was going to do it
>she needed to bring this up and get it out in the open, or they'd never get to it
>not that she viewed it as a problem, but she wanted to know the story behind it
>and unless she brought it up, it wasn't likely she ever would
>so this time, she had to get it out of her

>so Lapis once again roamed the Gran Lazuli, searching for her new...

>girlfriend?
>wife?
>life-mate?

>Peridot, she was looking for Peridot


>she probably wouldn't have to go very far, having long since gotten used to the interior of the Gran Lazuli

>which she was far from fond of, but at least it was more spacious than the escape pod they'd been trapped on for a millennia
>but it still made her just a little antsy, which only made her more insistent on talking this out with Peridot
>if they were going to be stuck here for who-knows-how-long, they could have a heart-to-heart
>she just had to stop herself from getting distracted again

Elliot Granger!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542350

File: 1523997723200.png (96.79 KB, 596x623, sv_sebastian_by_obaero-dakh78a…)

>>41542336
>>41542324
>>41542314
>>41542319
>She's pretty bad?...
>Elliot could feel his blood run cold. The bit about her being okay if they hurry was the only thing that stopped him from vomiting.
>But then he heard Emily scream. That made every nerve in his body rebel against the sound, at least, until she started swearing. If she still had her faculties enough to drop F bombs, then she couldn't have been injured too badly.

"It doesn't sound like she's in good enough shape to be air carried, Arsene. Let's just get her in my car, and then..."

>Shit. What was the plan?
This post was edited by its author on .

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542351

File: 1523998282700.png (175.39 KB, 640x363, I love hearing me.png)

>>41542348
>thankfully, despite the Gran Lazuli's cavernous size, it wasn't entirely impossible to find anyone aboard it
>even if there were only four passengers aboard a ship that could house thousands, the ever-shifting layout of the vessel worked not unlike the buildings of Homeworld itself
>the rightful owners of the ship needed only to think of their destination, and the Gran Lazuli changed itself to better accommodate their path towards it, shifting millions of unseen panels and gears to bring the person nearer to the room, or even the room itself closer to them
>and since Peridot only tended to stick to a few select rooms inside the ship, it was only a matter of time before Lapis could find her

>there was a very large room deep inside the Gran Lazuli

>under normal circumstances, the room was located right at the very center of the lower deck of the ship, and was one of the largest there
>it was a very barren room like much of the others, originally only holding an excessively long table and various chairs all along its length before the current crew added a few mementos from their travels as decoration
>one of these chairs was quite demonstratively larger than the others located on one end of the table, leading to the easy assumption this was once used as a meeting room of sorts; the captain of the ship, or some equally important figure sat at the big chair, and attended to the most serious and important matters with the rest of the crew

>so naturally, Peridot was currently sitting on the big chair as Lapis entered through the large doors

-and that is why a pincer maneuver would be the optimal choice to make, ensuring us a 98% chance of victory.
>she spoke with all of the confidence and leadership of a general, pointing at the small kids' meal activity maze mat they got as a souvenir from a space diner
>directly to the chair on her right was a metal bust of a large-nosed man (Mister Snots as Daisy called him), and to her left was a potted miniature palm tree they had received as a gift, still with the bow around its trunk
>there was also still a painting, a pure-white rock, and finally one of Lapis's mannequins with one of her dresses, all sitting on their respective chairs
>after a couple of seconds in silence, Peridot chuckled as if in response to something only she had heard coming from the palm tree
Why yes, I truly am a brilliant general, but this all experience my young Jasper!

Many have been the times where I've stared death straight in the face, and came out victorious purely out of cunning wits, careful observation, and of course, nerves as unflinching and unbreakable as diamond itself!

Much of what I achieved has been learned; not born with!
>she chuckled quietly, turning her large chair around slightly
Well, except my steely resolve and undaunted aura of course.

I'm afraid that much cannot be tau--GAH!!
>fwomp!
>the glimpse of blue standing at the open doorway was enough of a shock to send Peridot's rear end to meet the floor
L-L-L-Lapis! H-Hah! Wh-What, uhh... Wh-What a surprise!
>she quickly hopped to her feet, face already drenched in sweat and that wide awkward grin on her face whenever she was lying
I-I-I was just... uhhh...
>she glanced at the items on the chairs, quickly trying to come up with some excuse
T-Trying out some new displays for this room!

Wh-While I still don't quite understand this "decoration" business, I-I believe this way i-it not only looks just as attractive b-but also make the arrangement much more practical!
<"Nailed it!"

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542353

File: 1524000139146.png (33.26 KB, 462x622, Tumblr_nxbb5n93n01qzyi4xo1_500…)

>>41542351
>Lapis stopped just outside of the door to the "meeting room", which they came to call it due to the large table in the center that was clearly used for the crew to meet and discuss important matters
>she was certain Peridot was on the other side, if only because the ship led her there, as it did in its rather odd way
>so she took a second, closing her eyes and exhaling to calm herself

<"Just stay focused, Lapis. Be serious. ...but not too serious, you don't want to scare her too badly. Just...tell her you want to talk. But...carefully-oh just go!"


>so Lapis opened the door and headed in, only to be greeted with the rather...unusual sight before her

>she looked at each chair in turn as Peridot went on her speech, then finally looked at Peridot herself just as she turned to face her
>and she watched and listened to her reaction
>and like that her will just melted away again

<"Dang it."


>outwardly, Lapis adopted a more amused smile, walking over to where Peridot was standing


I can see your point...

>she paused to look at the mannequin wearing one of the dresses for her, then looked to Peridot with the same curious look


Any particular reason behind your choices of...decoration?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542354

File: 1524000882391.png (270.25 KB, 640x360, tense.png)

>>41542353
>Peridot let out a long, internal sigh of relief as Lapis seemed to have believed her!
>there were only so much repairs and scans Peridot could do before even she grew tired of all the work, and the Gran Lazuli wasn't exactly equipped with entertainment in mind
>Daisy and Ruby often enjoyed playing pretend to pass the time, and while Peridot would never admit it, she had enough fun with it to do it on the rare occasion
>but Lapis could never find out about that!
>it's just plain embarrassing!

W-Well, uhh...
>Peridot motioned towards the objects
A-As you see, I have moved many our trophies on top of the chairs!

Their, uh... their wheeled construction make them far easier to change positions should we ever grow tired of...

Uhm...

...seeing them in these positions!
>she chuckled nervously with another awkward grin
N-No real reason, I-I just... picked out whatever was closest at hand!
>another obvious lie, since the mannequin and palm tree were never in that room to begin with

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542355

File: 1524001597604.jpg (41.38 KB, 525x651, tumblr_inline_ov0kb6XEH21utgze…)

>>41542354

I see...

>Lapis definitely didn't buy that answer, but she knew better than to try and expose that so easily

>that'd just make her withdraw more, and she didn't want that

>she kept focusing on the dress for now, then reached over and began to undo it


You know, it's been a while since I really took the time to try on something else...

>once the dress was off the mannequin, she held it in front of herself, looking up at Peridot with a slight smile


What do you think~?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542356

File: 1524002378202.png (217.12 KB, 640x363, blush.png)

>>41542355
>Peridot had to hold back another relieved sigh as Lapis once again asked no questions
>her logic was impenetrable as always!
>"What do you think~?"
...?
>Peridot turned as Lapis called, seeing her hold the dress in front of her
>normally, Peridot would just throw out some comment to placate her partner, since she still didn't quite get what was so impressive about some piece of external fabric when they could create their own clothes
...
>but for the past few months, things had been anything but normal
>and with this brand new perspective she'd gained towards Lapis, when she saw that dress in front of her, Peridot's mind quickly started filling in the blanks
...
>and her face quickly grew a noticeable blush
Uhm...

It's, uh... it's a little hard to tell.

M-Maybe you should... try it on?
>she quickly glanced away, trying to play it cool
Y-You know... only i-if you want a p-proper honest opinion!

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542357

File: 1524009866072.jpg (183.89 KB, 336x750, tumblr_mewhfhOtNh1r1wlpbo1_500…)

>>41542333
>>41542331
>Shuuja just sort of stopped at that one. The thought that the one thing that she'd bond with the green one over was the scrapyard? Chuckling softly, she had to admit...
"I'm a big fan of the scrapyard too. Fixed most of my ship up with the metal I found there."
>She said. The difference was she could make a charm that magically melded metal into a plate, or chair, or support. Not a pile of scrap metal held together with... was that duct tape? Was that spit?
>She shook her head, thinking about it. This Fluffy tail place sounded hedonistic and a place they should definitely visit... and then her brain stopped on Deffgun. Was it a gun that made them deaf? Was it a gun that caused Death? Was is chewing gum that made it hard to hear things?
"No, I've decided I want to see this deffgun too. I'm interested."
>At this point, Eadga' was a mad scientist of an engineer to her. This was new. She never got to see new...

>>Meanwhile<<


>Fleetwood gave a soft smile at his admission. Admittedly, she wasn't the most educated, but she'd been in a technical position; She'd been taught basic math and two languages. She needed to know how to read and write invoices, repair costs, and how to use the right sized tools for the job. She knew he wouldn't of gotten the relatively soft upbringing she'd gotten... And she was understanding about it. Letting him go once she was done giggling, she nodded.

"I know where it is. This place isn't too much more complicated than the Delphini tunnels... But I know what we're doing when we get done eating~"
>She said, smiling as she opened her door, debating taking his hand as she led him. Deciding she'd just walk level with him, she beamed brightly, joy in her features.
"We've got to get a brave rebel like you up to snuff. I'm going to teach you~"
>She said, beaming.

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542358

File: 1524010009628.png (724.62 KB, 1920x1090, Alone_at_Sea_114.png)

>>41542356
>Lapis noticed the blush appear on Peridot's face, and was sorely tempted to do just as she asked
>surely she wouldn't have a problem if she tried it on right then and there
>and even so, she was curious to see how she'd react

>but after the curious smile appeared, it slowly faded away


<"No, no, focus."


>Lapis sighed and moved the dress away from her, placing it loosely back on the mannequin


Sorry, sorry...

I wanted to talk to you about something, I should focus on that.

>she then turned to Peridot, wearing a more uncertain look


...I-I mean, if you're OK with it?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542359

File: 1524010291613.png (302.65 KB, 640x360, thats funny.png)

>>41542358
>Peridot blinked as Lapis suddenly changed topics
>and while it admittedly left her a bit disappointed, the further away they got from what she was actually doing the better
Oh!

Of course!

>managing a more natural smile, Peridot walked back to the fancy big chair and took a seat on it

You know I'll always make the time to talk to you, Lapis.

So, what did you want to talk about?

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542361

File: 1524011126629.png (939.88 KB, 1920x1090, Gem_Harvest_072.png)

>>41542359
>Lapis walked up beside Peridot's seat, and removed the bust of Mr. Snots from the seat near her
>she placed the bust down with ease beside her, then took the seat for herself

Well...

>she was clearly nervous about this still, her hands fidgeting a little as she lowered her gaze

>she took a moment, then looked back at Peridot with the same uneasy look

Y-You don't have to talk about this if you don't want to, just so you know!

I-I'm just...curious, that's all...

>she again looked down at her hands, rubbing them nervously, but pressing on anyway


It's just...when you spoke to...her...

You called yourself an "Olivine"...

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542362

File: 1524011897266.png (277.5 KB, 640x360, that is way too silly.png)

>>41542361
>Peridot just cheerfully smiled, but the smile faltered a bit once Lapis started talking
>she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen Lapis have this much trouble speaking before, so it must be important
>but why would she feel the need to tell her she didn't need to talk about-
>"You called yourself an "Olivine"..."
-!!
<"CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP!!"
>she actually heard that!?
>she had never brought it up before, so Peridot had just assumed Lapis missed it entirely due to all of the stress and how quickly everything had moved then
>but she knew about this all along!?
...

...

>a very forced snort and chuckle left Peridot

O-O-Oh! I-Is that all!
>and as usual, by trying to play it cool, Peridot only made it obvious she was trying to bury it further
I-Is just said that to get that animal t-to back down!

A-After all, an Olivine?
>she scoffed
Wh-Who'd care about an Olivine!?

N-Now, if she'd known I was a Peridot, w-well, th-those are viable targets!

Th-There would be no one to check on the Kindergartens without at least one Peridot around!

I-I knew that simpleton would fall for that, a-and got her to leave us alone! Th-That's all!

>she crossed her legs, trying very hard for a natural-looking grin (which only made it look anything but)

W-Was that all, Lapis?

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542363

File: 1524013630327.png (285.24 KB, 408x466, Lapis_sketch_07.png)

>>41542362
>Lapis wasn't too surprised by Peridot's decision regarding how to handle this, given it was how she usually approached matters she wasn't keen on
>she was, naturally, disappointed that Peridot opted not to talk about this, but she couldn't very well hold it against her
>clearly it was too sensitive to get into right away
>but she could still communicate how she felt about it even without being obvious

...I-I guess...

>Lapis looked rather disheartened by this, not looking directly at Peridot as she spoke


I mean...if perhaps you were actually an Olivine, it wouldn't make a difference to me...

You're...well, you, and that's what matters...

I was just curious about it, that's all...

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542364

File: 1524014242083.png (290.69 KB, 640x360, very important memento.png)

>>41542363
>there!
>she believed it!
>now they can put this whole business behind them!
...

...

>but why did she sound so disappointed?

>did she not believe her carefully crafted explanation after all?
...

>OK, but even if she didn't, there was no way Peridot could say anything!

>the two Gems have had their horizons broadened to realms beyond their imaginations, certainly, but somethings were still just too much!
>not only was an Olivine the lowest of the absolute low in Gem hierarchy, but this meant admitting she'd been lying to Lapis all this time!
...

...

>she couldn't do that

...

>she couldn't do that!

...

>she couldn't--

A-ALRIGHT!
>the green Gem finally cried out after much internal turmoil
I-I admit it!
>she turned to Lapis, a very nervous look on her face
It's true! I-I'm... I'm not a Peridot...
>she shrunk in her seat, bringing her knees closer to her chest as she hugged them
I'm just... an Olivine...
>she clearly just sounded embarrassed by saying it out loud
...I've been lying to you all this time...

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542366

File: 1524016182957.png (1.05 MB, 1920x1090, Same_Old_World_036.png)

>>41542364
>Lapis jolted a little at Peridot's sudden outburst, not expecting her to actually change her mind like that
>she was nothing if not stubborn when she wanted to be
>so she looked over at her with a surprised expression, and waited for her to finish saying what was on her mind

.....

>she then rose from her seat and walked over to where Peridot was, kneeling beside her and reaching over to touch her shoulder


Like I said, it doesn't make a difference to me.

>she then moved her hand up to touch her cheek, smiling softly while she did


You are who you are, and that's who I love.

And I'm sure you had a good reason to keep this to yourself...

>she wished she could just be open with Peridot and not have to be sneaky like this

>but if this was the only way to get her to open up for now, it was all she could really do

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542368

File: 1524017853140.png (269.92 KB, 640x360, I dont think Im that great.png)

>>41542366
>even with Lapis's reassurance, it didn't seem like Peridot looked any less ashamed
I-I didn't!
>she quickly shouted
J-Just... just...
>she groaned and grumbled as words failed to form into coherent sentences
It was just... stupid pride, and-...!
>another groan, Peridot covering her face with her hands
>she hated that this came out, but at the same time, she knew it was for the best
>Lapis was bound to find out sooner or later if they ever made it back to Homeworld after all, but she would've liked it if she at least got to reveal it when she felt comfortable with it
>instead of being forced to by some brutish ogre threatening to destroy everyone she loved
...

...
>she slowly inhaled, trying her best to calm her thoughts
>she tried to keep that little voice in her head telling her Lapis hated her and was merely trying to placate her, and simply focused on Lapis's words
>and when she finally settled down, she only needed to open up fully
...

I was made in Kindergarten 578-G, on the Asin-6 colony.

There had been a shortage in available Peridots in the sector, so this Kindergarten was carefully and meticulously designed to only spawn Peridots.

Everything from the location, the soil, even the number and size of the Injectors were chosen with the utmost precision to create a bountiful new generation of Peridots for Homeworld...

...

Two hundred and ninety nine Peridots were born in that Kindergarten... and only one Olivine.

>she looked over her knees at Lapis, a somewhat tired and still embarrassed look on her face

I was shipped to Homeworld anyway; one more Olivine thrown into the mix.

When the other Olivines picked up where I came from, they just started calling me "Peridot" as a joke, I suppose...

I never minded it, and it... gave me something to stand out among the other Olivines...
>she let out a small sigh
And then when we met, a-and... you mistook me for a Peridot, so... I just wanted to impress you, even back then...
>she shrunk back behind her knees
Which is what got us stranded in space in the end...

And we were together for so long, and I was just so afraid of looking like a complete buffoon in front of you that I...

I just kept going along with the lie... and when we got together, I... just grew more afraid...

I mean... look at me!
>she motioned to herself
I'm just a nobody! I'm less than a nobody! I'm more expendable th-than any other Gem out there!

I'm not... smart like an actual Peridot... or strong like a Quartz... or pretty and creative like... like you...

So, I just... wanted to play pretend, I guess... for as long as I could...
>shrinking back into a ball, she let out another small sigh
I'm sorry...

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542369

File: 1524018308717.jpg (35.93 KB, 350x299, attachment.php.jpg)

>>41542357
>>41542333
>The other two topics were kind of running dry, but now they were asking about the Deffgun. 'Eadga loved talking about the Deffgun!

"It's a big, yuge, zog-off shoota is wot it is!"

>And as luck would have it, 'Eadga was trying to affix some parts he didn't need for the toilet trukk to said Deffgun!


"Just a sek..."

>'Eadga hopped into the trukkbed, tossed a few knickknacks aside (including... why did he have a surfboard in here?), and grunted with effort as he hauled something heavy onto his shoulders.

>When he hopped down from the bed, the thud was just a tinge louder than one would expect. As if 'Eadga had suddenly gained 50 pounds, and the reason for that would soon be apparent
>'Eadga walked back to the other two with an absolutely massive pair of guns mounted to his shoulder. One barrel was actually 12 barrels on a spinning device, and the other had a bore diameter wide enough for you to stick your head inside and have room to turn it.
>Just below the lower barrel, some kind of gaudy, golden helmet was suspended on a short chain. The way it was attached, this helmet must've been some kind of trophy.

"Dis. Dis roight 'ere is a Deffgun."

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542372

File: 1524019739856.png (1.02 MB, 1920x1090, Same_Old_World_129.png)

>>41542368
>Lapis quietly listened as Peridot told her the truth, not interrupting her for anything
>she had to admit she was a little surprised to find out that she had been intended to be a Peridot, but just...wasn't
>the idea of a Gem being born differently from how she was intended was completely alien to her, and she couldn't help but find it such a surprising yet wonderful thing

>she waited until Peridot finished speaking, but she had this amazed look on her face as she concluded, her concerns passing by her entirely


...Peri, look at me.

>ignoring that she was technically an Olivine, she again stroked her cheek, hoping she'd turn to look at her when she did


Whoever or whatever you were born as, you're still you. You're not just another Olivine, you're entirely unique.

Think about it. Everything was constructed to make Peridots, just like you said, but you were still born an Olivine. Homeworld did everything they could to control how things would go, and you were still born you.

Beautiful, intelligent, amazing you. That's a miracle, and I couldn't be happier that it happened.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542375

File: 1524020886154.png (219.18 KB, 640x360, you dont hate me.png)

>>41542372
>Peridot wasn't sure what to expect now, and that frightened her to no end
>was Lapis going to reveal she was angry at her all along?
>was she just waiting for confirmation all this time?

>the soft yet slightly cold touch of her hand quickly had Peridot's head lift up to look at the blue Gem

>and as usual, the way Lapis spoke was like an entirely different language to Peridot in terms of its ideas

>by all accounts, Peridot was a failure, not a miracle!

>she wasn't supposed to have existed at all, and did nothing but waste valuable resources that should have gone towards Gems that were actually needed at the time

>and yet, there she was, calling her all of these wonderful things Peridot would never think about calling herself

>even after all this time, Lapis could still astound her in how she saw the world at times
...you-...you're not mad at me...?

Even after I... lied to you all this time?

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542380

File: 1524023142214.png (1.05 MB, 1920x1090, Same_Old_World_036.png)

>>41542375
>Lapis slowly shook her head, still wearing a smile on her face

No. Not this time, anyway.

>she gently stroked Peridot's cheek again, trying to prove to her that she didn't care about this


I understand why you did it. It's alright.

But I want you to know a few things.

>her smile grew wider as she continued, certain this would help her deal with this


You are smart. When push comes to shove, you always know how to get us out of a bad situation. You found the PeriJets, you been working on them and you understand how they work, and your quick thinking has saved us plenty of times.

You are beautiful. In how you look, in how you act...to me, every little thing you do, that you are...it is beautiful.

And you are not nobody. You're someone very special. To Ruby, to Daisy...

>she then leaned forward and planted a little kiss right on her gemstone on her forehead


And to me, of course~
This post was edited by its author on .

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542383

File: 1524024963929.png (266 KB, 640x360, am I cute.png)

>>41542380
>Peridot had no idea how to deal with any of this
>at every corner, Lapis managed to surprise her and put her worst fears to bed with only the touch of her hand and the sound of her voice
>hearing her say those things without a hint of hesitation or sarcasm in her voice suddenly washed away millennia of self-doubt
>she was smart; she had shown time and time again she could use what simple skills she had as an Olivine, and utilize them as well as any Peridot through simple logical reasoning
>she was special; she had her entire family depending on her to be a strong willed matriarch
>she was beautiful; because Lapis said so, and she couldn't think of a better judge of character in that regard
...
>slowly, a smile crawled over Peridot's lips, thanks in no small part for that kiss
>she managed to raise her eyes to look into Lapis's own, rather sheepishly adding:
Y-You forgot one thing... I'm the luckiest Gem in the universe because of you...
>she let her herself lean forward, allowing her forehead to rest against Lapis's
>it was clear that no matter how many times she thought she had this "love" thing figured out, something was going to come along and show her she still had much to learn

Scorzon!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542395

File: 1524084236572.jpg (188.98 KB, 855x836, DEAD.jpg)

>>41542325

>As the punch flew into nothing, Scorzon had just about enough time to look up at Circe before all he knew was pain. The crack of his arm as his elbow bent in a way that it shouldn't was enough to drag out a cry of shock and pain. Her movements were just too fast to follow, even if he wasn't completely debilitated by the break of his arm, she swept her legs and he slammed into the ground, looking up at her.


>He barely had enough time to cough before there was light. Blindingly bright, but only for a second, and then the light was stifled. Scorzon only barely managed to adjust to the sight to see the bright red coursing through her arm, the light of the engines behind her as she jettisoned before him. For someone not built to fight...For someone who had never thrown a punch. It was almost sickening that one so strong had no desire to use it.


>He had no time left to ponder though, for the world had gone dark. The fist had collided with his body with such tremendous force that a few of his ribs had decided to join his arm in the collection of broken bones. The heat and the force managed to blow away part of his armour, leaving him partially exposed to the elements as all the air was violently forced out of him, and the shock became almost too great to manage.


>His entire body hurt, he couldn't feel the broken arm at all, but the rest of him wasn't slacking on sheer unadulterated pain...Between that, and how heavy his eye-lids felt, seemed reasonable to think that he was on the verge of passing out...And what a reason to pass out it was! He had lost, fully and completely...to an amateur no less. Scorzon managed to groan out a laugh, peppered by coughs and winces


I lose...well and truly. You certainly don't disappoint...!

>Weakly, he managed to put one last smile on his face, tinged with battle-lust, coloured with satisfaction and thoroughly stained with excitement.


...Six out of ten. So much potential...I look forward to...next time.

>With one final comment, Scorzon passed into the realm of the unconscious, sated and happy. There were so few people who gave him such a good work out, such a worthwhile fight. He would be back some day, for her, for her Saiyan friend, and there would be a battle that would shake the planet itself thanks to his loss today. For a Saiyan would always get back up when they lost, and they would fight all the better for it.


>This pain will make us stronger.

Tuco!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542397

File: 1524086407511.png (39.55 KB, 190x314, iPwP1x1.png)

>Tuco sat in the many lobbies of the Lost Light.
>the Imperial was growing more in power by the day and the Rebellion was accepting new members. So Tuco had chosen to join.
>what better way to spend his time? Being a hero and making some good money.

>the insect man read a comic, one he got at a local store in the protectorate. Your typical detective crime drama, men in costumes fighting other guys in costumes, all while trying to find out who killed who.

I need a suit like that...
>he said to himself, turning the page.

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542398

File: 1524088809365.png (111.65 KB, 427x177, Humph.png)

>>41542397
>Zephyr himself hadn't been too keen on this whole rebellion thing. The thought of signing a contract and working for a cause other than a paycheck was alien to him... A part of him itched to get out of here, to go back to his ship, and get the hell out of dodge and to the next paying customer.
>But the dumb cricket that dragged him along would get lonely.
"You do not need a costume. You're already in a silly getup as it is. Ponchos don't stop bullets, Tuco."
>The Kraven said, the spry, vulture-esque man clutching an over sized black luggage box between his talons, his shades on to keep the lights from exacerbating his hangover. The chest plate he wore steamed and vented, the cold air that leaked around the seams fogging the air in his feathers as he looked about the lobby. Some sort of liaison was supposed to go down here. Something about someone showing them the ropes... In a crazy huge rebellion ship made by millennia old giant robots who'd been warring for all of recorded history.
<"Why does Tuco always drag me into this sentimental shit?"

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542399

File: 1524089783270.png (499.2 KB, 987x1134, you cant handle this.png)

>>41542397
>>41542398
>soon enough, a shadow would befall the duo of bounty hunters; two large black wings standing between them and the light in the lobby
>exactly how the bat had got so close to the two without making a single sound was a mystery known only to her, and the hardworking nanobot constructs that had to clean up after her wanton disassembly of the ship
>above and behind the two was the bat known as Ruth, looking every bit as comfortable hanging upside down from a monitor on the wall using only her feet as she would be simply standing on the floor
My, my, my...

This ship is just chalk full of little every day surprises~!
>she cheerfully and rather suddenly spoke up as her wings furled more neatly behind her back
>compared to the two bounty hunters she be very short, just barely going over four feet with some help from her ears, although her outstretched wings could definitely rival them in length
>she spoke softly, a bit lazily as if she had just recently woken up from a good nap and was pushing herself to keep going until her body was properly awake
I take it you're the new arrivals I've heard so much about?

This motley crew of rebels just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

Tuco!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542401

File: 1524090993035.jpg (1.79 MB, 2894x4093, lP1CBw5.jpg)

>>41542398
>scoffing, Tuco tugged at his poncho. He picked up the outfit based off of depictions of old gunslingers. Travelers, going from sandy town to sandy town, dispensing justice.
But it's stylish, ain't it? Besides, I can lose an arm or a piece of my body and grow it right back in a few weeks time.
>that being said, the old grasshopper did look a bit out of place. With all the high tech, robots, and even magic users, the man dressed as a cowboy was one of the ones who stood out.

>>41542399
>Tuco set his comic book aside and removed his hat, setting it on his knee.
That we are, ma'am. The name's Tuco.
>he said, introducing himself.
Heard about it in the Protectorate. Couldn't just let an opportunity like this pass by.
>he found the more comics he read, the more his speech was influenced by it.

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542402

File: 1524091621700.png (52.73 KB, 182x190, 1442954658171.png)

>>41542281
>Faline was quickly plotting their course through the winding caverns. She had to do so carefully however, one wrong turn could mean being lost in these caves for a long time.

>Carmilla shakes her head.

No, it's fine... I think it's a good idea for me to finally talk about it. I haven't even told my mother and father about it all this time.

>She sighs as she finally tells a tale she'd been keeping to herself for such a long time...

>FLASHBACK!
>continued

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542403

File: 1524093443487.jpg (46.33 KB, 400x323, 9741402400-1358781346.jpg)

>>41542401
>>41542399
<"So this is our liaison... Hot."
> Zephyr thought, not keeping it to himself at all as he looked over his glasses with a lecherous smile. She'd see his rather creepy yellow eyes as he smirked, before he pushed the thin black shades back up.
"Yeah, Tuco, not all of us have bug regeneration. Some of us have to nurse sucking chest wounds without a smile on our face."

>He said, looking to Ruth, never taking his eyes off her as he spoke.


"Yes Ma'am. I'm Zephyr. Sniper, sharpshooter, reluctant partner to this oversized grasshopper."
>He said, lightly punching Tuco in the arm with one of his wing arms as he stretched his actual arms behind his head, lounging on the seat.

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542404

File: 1524095388157.png (357.34 KB, 704x1024, I love what you did with the p…)

>>41542401
>>41542403
>Ruth's sluggish and sleepy demeanor made it difficult to tell if she was actually paying much attention to the two
>she slowly nodded her head as they spoke, swinging subtly from side to side as she shifted the balance on her feet
>eventually she reach with her wings to touch the floor, using the longer limb as a second pair of arms (which they technically were)
>letting her feet slip off from the monitor she hung from, Ruth safely lowered herself from the handstand to flip herself over onto a proper standing position
>she slowly turned to face Tuco and Zephyr, giving a slight bow towards the two
Zaleska Ruthven, at your service~!

But please, call me Ruth!
>she managed a perfectly friendly smile at the two, even through her groggy state
>despite this, Ruth's eyes were always examining and her ears always listening
>as far as scruffy-looking pairs went, these two could certainly make it to the finals; a grasshopper cowboy and some type of cyborg chicken
>they were far from the strangest people aboard the ship of course, and not necessarily the least trustworthy-looking either, but that small cynical side of her whenever she woke up couldn't help but wonder why they were bothering with this rebellion in the first place
>they seemed more at home in seedy bars, punching some low-life's teeth out all over the pool table over the money owed to them
<"Now, now, Ruth! You know better than to judge a book by the cover, right?"
>with an internal sigh, Ruth still tried to shake off those early-afternoon cobwebs; she had a job to do after all, right?
>she couldn't very well mooch off of the ship without offering something in return, so why not relive her youth and act as tour guide for all the newcomers

>she smiled more at Tuco's affirmation that he couldn't pass by the opportunity to join the rebellion

>if he wasn't faking it, that was quite the noble action to just willingly set out to find a bunch of rebels and fight for the greater good
Aaah~!

Simply had enough of the Empire's ruthless ways, and launched straight into the stars once you learned of fellow-minded justice seekers then?

>she chuckled slightly, although whether this came from admiration or mockery was anyone's guess

Well you've certainly come to the right place~!

Welcome to the Lost Light rebellion, gentlemen! The shining beacon of hope in a galaxy overrun with shadows!

>she motioned around herself at the walls and floors of metal

You find yourselves within the Lost Light, of course, the flagship of a growing fleet to take a stand against the Empire!

Amenities here are few and far between, but such is life outside the influence of the dominating galactic superpower.

>she glanced at the luggage the two carried, quickly posing the question:

I take it you two have yet to be shown to your rooms?

Tuco!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542406

>>41542403
Not saying I intend to lose limbs. Still a big inconvenience.
>he retorted, idly fiddling with one of his antenna.
I just don't worry about it as much. But that's neither here nor there, we're guests here ain't we?

>>41542404
A good name, Ruth.

>Tuco had two guesses to the source of her groggy state. Drunk or tired.

>she didn't seem drunk or smell of alcohol. So he figured it was the second one.

Glad I have something in common with y'all. Use to work small time. Taking out slavers or drug lords. Even fought a serial killer once, but that's a story to tell around the bar some day.

>Tuco watched her with amusement. A pretty woman. The plus of having such good eyes is you see all sorts of details with just a glance.

>smoothing back his antenna, like someone would do with their hair, he shook his head.
'Fraid not. We just got here.
>he hoped the beds were comfy, especially after sleeping in his ship for the longest time, he could go for some comfort.

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542408

File: 1524098329038.jpg (104.14 KB, 886x1280, 16124000d575a2b1c8b6b1d1f2f441…)

>>41542406
>>41542404
>Zephyr was eyeing the way she moved with those wings, Ruth the only thing on his mind as he got up to follow her. Hitting a button on his luggage, wheels popped out the bottom, the little suitcase wheeling after him. She could tell he wasn't a real cyborg. Nothing plunged into flesh, no cybernetics marring his handsome face, but the chestplate he had on was putting out remarkably cold air. Enough that he had to shake ice crystals out of his wings every now and then.
< "She's either pissed or stone tired. Amazing she's still got that perky tour guide attitude up."

"No Ma'am. Yet to be settled in, though I'm glad to be here now. They didn't tell me how cute the tourguides were when I signed up~"

>He said, his oily voice unflinching as he handed out the schmooze, easy as can be. Smooth operator... Folding his wings behind him, he gave her one of the more genuine smiles she'd seen all day, though the beak made it a little awkward.

>Zephyr had spent enough time among all sorts of alien races he figured it might as well be his mission to 'fraternize' with all of them.

"It's an absolute pleasure to meetcha Miss Ruth."

>God his voice just made your hackles raise.
This post was edited by its author on .

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542409

File: 1524099892895.png (11.94 KB, 115x92, hey there.png)

>>41542406
>Ruth simply nodded her head as Tuco dropped a few crumbs of his past; not that she was particularly interested, but she had no real choice but to listen thanks to those giant ears of hers
>her energy was starting to come to her after that little introduction, so she could put a little more pep into her tone and strut
Oh my! That sounds like such danger for just one man!
>she smiled with another light chuckle
Don't sell yourself so short, darling!

For every nasty crook taken off the streets, that's at least one life saved from the clutches of fate, is it not~?
>anyone who took it upon themselves to handle slavers was alright in her book
>blase and distant as she might be, if one thing riled up her fur something fierce were those who thought they could treat the life on another as their own little plaything, as well as the ones who profited from it
>there was a slight twinge in the very back of her head as memories best left forgotten tried to claw their way back to the surface, reminding her why she hated mornings; that's when they were at their strongest

>and yet, that perfectly poised smile didn't waver in the slightest

>>41542408
>even as Zephyr was already reaching for the sugar to lay over her
>she was a bit disappointed by this; she enjoyed being on the prowl over frailer prey than having to deal with an equal hunter
>she wouldn't deny the bird-man had his charms, but if she wasn't going to be playing with a mouse between her paws, she needed some other way to amuse her on the road

>so, should she...

>A: play stubborn and hard to get?
>B: innocent and unaware?
>or C: lay it on so thick they'd both faint from the sudden lack of blood in their heads?

>option B took the least amount of effort, so that would have to do

>Ruth smiled widely; a perfectly rehearsed smile without a trace of insincerity behind it as she let out a bubbly laugh
Oh you're just saying that to make this old bat blush, Mister Zephyr~!

Don't think you'll be getting any extras chocolates on your pillow this way; everyone only gets three!

If I made just one exception the entire crew could blow up into a mutiny!
>she giggled again and strutted past the two men, waving with her hand to follow her
Now come along~!

I'll show you to your rooms so you may get rid of that luggage! Don't want someone mistaking you for mere tourists, now would we?

And please, don't feel shy about asking any questions~!

Tuco!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542410

File: 15241038411000.jpg (1.79 MB, 2894x4093, lP1CBw5.jpg)

>>41542408
>Zephyr was always a flirt.
>the grasshopper himself has tempted to do so as well...

>>41542409
>Tuco's luggage consisted of a small dufflebag. The rest of his stuff was on his beat up old ship. It wasn't much. Changes of clothes, stuff for his guns, a can of beer, and a few books to pass the time.
Danger is my middle name.
>he said, getting up, putting his trusty cowboy hat back on, rolling his body book up into his back pocket.
It's a good way to make a livin', guarantee you won't go hungry.

>Questions... Tuco had one or two.

You have a bar around here? I'm partial to spending my free time with a cold one. Preferably with a pretty lady by my side.
>sure enough, the guy with a cowboy obsession loved his taverns.
This post was edited by its author on .

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542412

File: 1524110640737.jpg (371.68 KB, 632x746, __takanashi_hikari_demi_chan_w…)

>>41542281
>>41542402
>The Northlands in midsummer. A short time of the year where the cold and endless sea of white gives way to greenery and warm breezes.
>The young Carmilla Cronqvist had come with her father on this trip up north to take a few pics of the mountains and wild life for her friends. Well actually do training in the mountains but she had time before they'd make that trek.

♫~Three to the one to the one to the three, I met a bad bitch last night in the D~♪

>Skipping down the road outside of the city, the young vampire sings as she looks for something interesting to snap with her new phone.

>A flash of moment in the grassy field off to the right caught her attention.

What do my vampire eyes see? A rabbit that's as cute as can be~!

>The girl follows the grey fluff ball as it hops around through the field. She frowns as she couldn't get a good shot of it in the tall grass.


Come on... just stay still and let me--

>And she took one step too close, the bunny shoots off towards the forest.


Ah! No, come back here! You're not a camera shy bunny are you?

>Carmilla hurries after the hare, walking into the forest without a care in the world.

===============================
Man... I must have gotten turned around... Where is that rabbit?

>The more Carmilla walked through the woods, the denser and darker it got. The canopy of the trees blocked out the sunlight and warmth of the sun was replaced by a slight chill...

>But there wasn't really anything to worry about! Dark and cold didn't bother her, and even if she was a little lost, she could just fly into the air and get her bearings again! She couldn't have wandered off that far... right?

>The sound of moving in the brush turned her attention to the right, was that the rabbit? Unlikely, it sounded too big, but it could also be something interesting regardless~


Coooome on out, show me your good side so I can get a top quality pic~!
>continued.

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542413

File: 1524111737945.jpg (359.69 KB, 1440x1080, OP_C014_misato.jpg)

>>41542324

>Effortlessly, Grind scoops her up into his arms with extreme care.


I've got you, kid.

>>41542336
>>41542350
>>41542319

>Joel mutters incoherently in Jinx's arms, words barely audible about engines and torques and a dozen other car terms. Above, the girl stares down for a moment, turning back to face Grind as he shouts down at the group below.


LET'S MAKE FOR YOUR SHIP, THE RED... FACE LOOKING ONE. WE NEED TO GET TO A HOSPITAL, LIKE NOW.

>Shifting his glance, he stared at Jinx briefly.


YOU TOO, JINX.

>The blue-haired girl speaks to the older woman beside her, and reaching some conclusion, they hurry over from their position in the stands. The woman flashes a badge at Grind and Emily calmly.


Major Misato Katsuragi. I can help you, but I'll have to temporarily commandeer you. I need to reach a command outpost to help the defense efforts. We can get you medical treatment there, but this is top priority.

>>41542326
>>41542319

>The two Evangelions take flight from their cargo pods, maneuvering gear on their backs flaring into life as they shoot towards Ramiel. As they approach, a field flares from nowhere, a hexagon of light as Ramiel's AT field manifested visually before them.


Raising AT fields!

>A young man's voice echoes across the channels, as similar shields struggle against Ramiel's own, slowly weakening it.

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542414

File: 1524114607304.jpg (71.64 KB, 750x574, tumblr_ok13cwRr5K1v5we0io1_128…)

>>41542412
>What came out of the forest to meet her however was not a cuddly woodland creature. A towering beast that walked on all fours, trudging through the woods with out a sound aside from it's low raspy breath.

>It looked like an emaciated and diseased hound, with bone thin limbs ending in skeletal hands tipped with blade like claws. The flesh from it's back had been peeled off and up over it's head acting like a cowl, showing only a row of sharp and sinister teeth and two elongated fangs pointing downwards out of it's mouth like pair of thin daggers.

>Strips of bloody fur and bone hung from it's mouth, the remains of the rabbit she had been looking for.

>The sight of the gaunt horror before her made Carmilla freeze in place and loose colour in her face. She wanted to run but her legs did nothing but shake under her, all she could do was stare at the hint of two black voids, soulless eyes that were no doubt looking right back at her.


>A sound finally came from her throat, nearly dying on the way. A tiny little peep of meaningless sound that had probably been meant as a scream.

>The monster answered back with an unearthly shrill howl that further terrorised the young vampire all over again.

>This time Carmilla actually fled. She took to the air as quickly as possible, screaming the whole way as she shot straight up towards the canopy that threatened to cage her in just long enough for the creature to catch her.


>Branches tore at her skin and close as she ascended, she held up her arms and shut her eyes to prevent them from being gouged out. But that only made her more aware of the sounds behind her. The snapping of tree branches, the sound of claws peeling back from trees, a vicious, hungry, desperate shriek. They all sounded right behind her, that at any moment it'll catch up and she--


>Sunlight. Warmth. Open air. Carmilla have breached the canopy and quickly opened her eyes to get hear bearings. The city, safety, where was it...!?


>Another horrid howl directs her gaze downwards, at the lone bony limb poking out of the green leafs that wildly grasped at empty air.


>She flew away, far and fast to get away from that monster. But the howling still followed her all the way back home. It followed into the guest bedroom she'd been provided. It followed her under the bed. It followed her into her nightmares for the next months.

>end flash back.
===============================
>Telling Merik this story only made her feel like that howling still hounded her to this day. That it never went away, it was just something she ignored.

I thought that... maybe enough time had past for me to get over it you know? That I grew up enough to not be afraid anymore. I guess I'm still just a scared kid...

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542420

File: 1524121154045.jpg (45.9 KB, 306x400, [email protected])

>>41542410
>>41542409
>Zephyr wasn't used to many girls giving him the dumb and dumber routine. With the way this little bat was acting? He knew that she was just playing him. A little niggle of doubt in the back of his mind told him she might be naive, but the bigger instinct fueled lizard brain in the back of his head was telling him other, more uncouth things.
...
...
>Yeah, the Lizard brain was winning.
>Looking at Tuco give his little "with a pretty girl" comment, Zephyr let his eyebrow raise at the bug. A good old competition to see who got the girl huh? Time to sharpen this silver tongue.
"Good question, Tuco, I'd also like to know where the bar is... As for chocolates though Miss Ruth, I think I know something else much sweeter I'd rather be eating out on my pillow."
>Ah, the nuclear option. If she knew her entendre, that was a line that was sure to make all but the most hardcore freak either blush, or get angry.... Zephyr didn't much care either way. He had ways of stoking fires, either rage or lust.
>Following along, he kept his eyes well below the horizon, following Ruth just like his little luggage bot followed him.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542425

File: 1524141147836.jpg (121.37 KB, 500x375, 49e34084a0268d82dbfb46c4202840…)

>>41542314
>>41542413

>Where was Motorcade during all of this after she bolted out one might ask


>She hadn't even brought The Plutonian Shore closer to the stadium, having a feeling bringing it close would just put the people in more danger


>No, rather than doing that, she was pushing her recently found time stopping abilities to do the most natural solution that came to her mind

>stopping time, grabbing people and driving them to the Ship

>To others there'd be but a blip of purple briefly appearing before 10 people seem to just blink out of existence at a time, in reality being dragged off to the Ship


>But, Motorcade could only use this ability so much and it tired her out

>10 people, then 20, 100, 200,300...
>and like that she's suddenly visible, a consistently vibrating image of herself in the middle of the stands that she'd been pulling people from before the fuzziness and distortion fades as she re-enters the proper flow of time
>Looking at a few people she groans in pain and grips at her chest before transforming again

GET IN

>She shouts to the surrounding civilians.

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542426

File: 1524158691169.png (331.19 KB, 475x499, Angry.png)

>>41542402
>>41542412
>>41542414

>Merik sat and listened to Carmilla's tale, a captive audience as she recounted what had happened with such vivid detail that it almost felt as though it had happened to him. The beast that the pair of them had encountered was...certainly the picture of nightmare that Carmilla described, and all the more to a young mind.


>Even to someone who had yet to encounter a creature he feared, the description seemed so real. Merik's frown grew larger as she spoke, the unease of her quiet, downtrodden behaviour growing into a stronger feeling. An odd feeling that seemed to grip at his insides and make him feel strangely hollow to see her curled up and frightened so...Similar to the feeling he felt seeing Galanga and Fenra injured.


>There was a long silence as Carmilla finished, Merik still frowning and thinking over her words. Her fears and doubts. Leaning back against the wall, Merik looked up at the ceiling of the cave, pondering his response before he finally spoke.


It's not a sin, to fear. Even Saiyans fear, even I fear. Taking the fear, and fuelling your strength with it is how you grow.

>He turned back to Carmilla, eyes locking onto hers to try and somehow will the message across, to get her to take heart, have courage...And it definitely wasn't an attempt to comfort.


I meant what I said. For your fear, you acted. You stood there and you fought...You have grown since the first encounter, both in mind, and in strength. Even if you're scared...

>He held his fist out to her solemnly, his expression deathly serious.


You can do it. You can fight, and you will win. The both of us will.

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542429

File: 1524172829558.png (346.1 KB, 640x480, youre too kind.png)

>>41542410
>"Danger is my middle name."
>Ruth held back a chuckle, surprised anyone would actually say that without an ounce of sarcasm behind it
>his question was easy enough to answer, and she seemed to ignore the last comment
Oh yes, indeed we do!

The Fluffy Tail bar is one of the ship's most popular hangouts, serving up as many drinks as the replicators can create!

>she shrugs her shoulders slightly

I've never been there myself for more than a minute or two.

Bars aren't quite my thing, but for someone like you, there should be no problems with wetting your jaws there~!

>>41542420
>Ruth gave no reaction to Zephyr's comment, simply continuing her stride unabated
>he was definitely a cocky one that's for sure; reminded her somewhat of Bolone with the same cheesy lines like this
>but Bolone was at least the dumb kind of cocky of a kid trying on his dad's cigars, and suddenly thinking he was more mature because of it
>Zephyr was striking her as genuinely cocky, which tended to be a shot in the dark; from her experience, you were more likely to find someone over-confident in their skills, than one who actually matched that confidence
Well, thanks to our wonderful little flying drones, you'll be able to enjoy whatever meal you wish for on your bed!

Isn't that convenient~!
>she smiled widely at Zephyr, mostly just curious to see how long he'd be willing to give chase
>in the meantime, as they leave the lobby Ruth turns to a small area where various golf-karts were parked
>with a slight hop to her step, Ruth quickly stepped inside and got behind the wheel
Do come in, please~!

The Lost Light is such a large ship, this is the fastest way to get around without simply going through the walls!

Jet, Jinx, Sabot, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542430

File: 1524173404386.png (171.02 KB, 500x480, tumblr_nsc3t2l5W51sx5wg7o1_500…)

>>41542357

"Teach me?" Jet parroted dumbly, needing a moment for the proper (the correct) mental connections to pair up before he realized what she meant. "Oh," he half-smiled self-consciously to signal he'd answered his own question. Teach him to read. I mean, it sounded like a good idea, at least; he'd sometimes wondered what some of those yellow-and-black chevron-bordered warning said, covered in rust and thoroughly ignored as they were as he and his buddies had trudged past them every day, but wonder had never properly sparked with resolve to create the desire to actually find out what they said... which was honestly probably for the better, because if any of the miners could have read those signs they probably would have been put down by riot droids the same day. That life, however, was behind him, and he'd already shown just how more important being able to actually understand what all those tiny squiggles would be for him now that more was expected of him than just being another loyal, disheartened Imperial drone. "I mean, sure," he replied, trying to not be too distracted by the way he was going through the same mental struggle of wondering if she would take his hand or not.

He was too preoccupied with trying to find ways to weasel out of being tutored by her, now that he'd had a few seconds to properly construct a few scenarios in his mind and his mind alone of how utterly humiliating it would be for her to see, really, truly see just how uneducated he was.

"I just really don't, uh..." He tried starting out, 'try' being the key part of that sentence. "Where do you even start with something like that?"

There. A bullet-proof defense if ever he'd seen one before.

(He hadn't.)

>>41542369

"Gawd!" Sabot guffawed at the sight of what was one of the most ridiculous personal weapons he'd ever seen. He strode over, smoldering eyes affixed to the ludicrous weapons platform as the Mag'har reached up to take one of the twelve barrels between thumb and forefinger, giving it a testing pull to see if the spin-up device would let it swing around at all out of sheer curiosity to see it doing just that. Whether his hands-on-ness would be rewarded or not, however, didn't change how he saw the bore diameter on the other barrel, how you could stick your whole head inside of it with ease, and then did just that with all the foresight you'd expect of someone who had at least a few ignominious deaths on his record. "'Zog-off' is selling it a little short, buddy," he marveled, the first half of the sentence comically echoing from inside the deffgun's barrel before he pulled his mug out to continue admiring the rest of it, giving special care to the golden helmet as he squatted down just enough to be 'eye-level' with it, tilting his head curiously and tapping it to watch it wiggle back and forth a bit.

"Ostentatious little fucker, whoever he was," Sabot muttered to himself; whoever it had belonged to, he already had the feeling the galaxy didn't miss their presence terribly much.

>>41542413

One part of Cybertronian culture that a lot of organics had trouble with was the concept of giant metal robots needing psychologists. "Who the hell would make a robot with mental issues?" they asked. "A god whose goals exceeded his means," a few of the more embittered of those robots would probably reply, but once they would expound on their culture a bit, more than a few of those organic beings might have been surprised to learn just how similar Transformer culture was to their own, one of the biggest differences being how cultural shifts were measured in eons and not decades. A lifespan of several million years left plenty of time for quirks to develop in the brain module and even more time for society to recognize the need for some of their own to address those quirks.

That, however, left nothing to be said for when that society suddenly went down in flames and both sides were literally mass-producing soldiers. Not citizens; soldiers. Jinx had been one of those soldiers, and thrown from the crucible of war into the belly of a galaxy that, from her perspective, hated and feared her species had only exacerbated whatever particular quirks her brain module had developed from coming into existence so quickly and so Primus-damned violently.

All of that to say, while Grind might not have had proper training as a psychologist, Jinx was hardly a mystery to him.

Her body language said everything it needed to, even if it would have happened too quickly for anyone not used to 'discarded' MTOs to register. First she was visibly confused at someone she hadn't been with upon landing on the planet giving her orders. Next she visibly tensed up as those bright violet optics swept Grind's chassis. It might have seemed weird, but there was no telling how many times he had been scanned just like that... aside from it being enough times to almost certainly be spark-crushing and exhausting by now.

It wasn't enough for her paranoid mind that people were hurt and needed help. It wasn't enough for her that he was a Transformer, that he was one of her people after she'd spent years in exile. There was only one question that mattered to her, and it probably broke his spark to see the suspicion on her face when she couldn't immediately answer it by his lack of livery.

Autobot or Decepticon?

Friend or Foe?

That was all that mattered.

That was all that they had made matter to her.


Whatever comment about "Who died and made you Prime," however, would be forgotten almost as soon as the Major made her appearance; when made to choose between taking orders from a Cybertronian and from a jumped-up human officer, the choice suddenly became much easier...

Jet, Jinx, Sabot, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542431

File: 1524173429691.png (420.79 KB, 426x426, 78e7a7bd65546d1a89bed34aa98c47…)

>>41542425

... even if it'd be hard to miss the snarl on her face when, still taking care to hold onto Joel, she passed Motorcade on her way to the shuttle.

>>41542413

"The..." Feedback stopped what he was doing to look over his shoulder at Roll; it wasn't like the Mini-con to lose her train of thought, much less sound taken off guard by anything. "The AT Field surrounding Ramiel is breaking down!" she announced, quickly collecting herself as the door to the bridge opened and two more Cybertronians ran in, both roughly the size of the other Mini-con; one was more traditionally humanoid, while the third was... well, clearly a follower of the teachings of Onyx Prime. "What've we got?" the quadruped that went by Rattle asked, the feline-esque figure leaping up onto a spare seat and splaying its talons to let the stream of information start coming in. "A Protectorate world is under attack by an unknown entity calling itself Ramiel," Roll answered, transferring her screen's shared information without skipping a beat. "It was proving itself immune to conventional attacks but the Protectorate have just deployed what I can only assume are two experimental weapons which are succeeding in negating the entity's defenses." "Alright, well let's light the slagger up then!" barked the second humanoid Minicon, a boisterous cassette that went by Shake and was currently determined to make their ship live up to his name from the way he was eagerly spinning up the Tekhar's main gauss cannons. "That's the idea," Feedback cautioned, taking the captain's chair now that they had a full (ish) bridge crew to work with, "but one thing at a time, Shake. Paint the target, give the EVA units individual 'friendly' tags, and ping that to any ship in the area that's listening; the less work they have to do and the easier it is for them to miss the two giant things that are allowing us to hurt Ramiel, the better. Rattle, take over evacuation and emergency aid broadcasts. Roll, where's Tassadar?"

"Airlock is cycling through standard launch procedure!"

"Good 'bot."

On the ball, as always.

>>41542326

Emma would have plenty of airspace to play with- everyone else seemed busy trying to get away from the pissed-off diamond, like they had sense or something- but a bulky shuttle also on a flight path towards the Angel deployed a dull golden jet with blue trim, the new interceptor doing a few lazy spins in the zero-g environment as if to shake off the cobwebs before the bright blue jets kicked in and it flew forward on twin trails of sapphire light, bright red laser bolts firing from throaty cannons as the flyer stayed safely underneath the lines of gauss fire that next opened up from its home ship.

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542434

File: 1524175354891.jpg (175 KB, 850x1202, __tsumiki_mikan_danganronpa_an…)

>>41542282
>Lukas' threat did not go unheard. The creature's smile seemed to widen as if daring him to follow through with his promise. Then it turns away, dragging Eva away by the legs towards the far end of the room. Far out of sight, where it would vanish into the darkness and leave Lukas behind.

>The pain pulsating in his chest spread slowly but surely, giving him dull aches as it went. His head began to pound like a drum and the faintest of giggles could be heard in the dark corners of his mind. A giggle that was frighteningly familiar to him.


>Then his vision darkness, either from the overwhelming pain or some other factor. Soon enough, he passes out.

===============================
>Sound was the first thing to return to him.
Vitals are still-- firm, solid, steady-- stable, infection spreading at a slowed rate... That's-- startling, stunning, staggering-- surprising. I'll need to keep him in stasis then, can't afford to lose a subject like this...

>Feeling would follow next. The dull pain returned and was now felt in his limbs while it felt as if his chest was filled with hot coals. The pulsing in his head now a constant burning ache. Though his writs and ankles felt cold, as if cold metal was wrapped around him.


all my other samples are gone now, I'll have to-- obtain, acquire, get-- find more. Should be too hard, humans are too-- imprudent, incautious, injudicious-- foolish for their own good.

>Finally he could his vision focused once again, and he could see Rachel's flicking hard light form looking over him. His body was secured to the table like the other subjects before him. He was shirtless, his wrists and ankles bound to the table by built in shackles. The AI had been looking at his bare chest, and for good reason. There was a hole where he had been stabbed clean through was was glowing ember orange with red and black veins spreading out from the center. The origin of his infection.

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542441

>>41542413


"Warning uprange mypos aerospace Ramiel, weapons hot. I am EV-R28, on appro. Repeat, warning uprange."

"Confirm fielddown, iff tags noted. Thank you, Tassadar, Hemnev-Takhar."

>>41542431

> And that's when Tassadar and the Hemnev-Takhar started to open fire.


> Emma was still two and a half light-seconds out and on a strafing angle-- just needed to adjust pitch and yaw--


> the fighter fought her on burning hard in the direction she indicated; the shear stress could damage the structure, but no, this was necessary-- She heard it groan in severe protest, and then opened fire from the energy weapons. She didn't expect it to do much damage, but giving enough to be a distraction would be enough.

Laptop PatchesCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542443

>>41542420
>he was going for the big guns, it seems.
>there was no way Tuco was flirtatious enough to immediately make a double entendre like that.
>Zephyr was tough.

>Lowering the brim of his hat, covering up the part of his face, he noted

Going for the kill, ain't ya?

>>41542429
Fluffy Tail, you say? I'll have to keep that in mind.
>What a name too. In all the stories he read, it was almost a requirement for a tavern to have a name associated with an animal. Right up his alley.
I enjoy an easy drink, mead or ale. Something stronger on a rough day.

>chuckling, Tuco glanced over to Zephyr, as he got onto the cart, getting comfortable.

She's right. The best fun you can have in bed is a hearty meal.
>he said, poking fun at him.

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542448

>>41542350
Right.

>holding a wing out, he looked to the sky.


I'll be your look out. I work better in the air than in a car.

>that being said, he wasn't sure what to do other than "be look out"


>>41542413
>this woman seemed to know what she was doing.
Arsene, Shelterwing Official.

>he said, introducing himself, trying to act professional in the face of the Major.

I am skilled in transportation and flight, I can help.

Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542451

File: 1524190740547.png (147.94 KB, 540x435, tumblr_osv8dk1rXl1sqc2iro1_540…)

>>41542413
>>41542448
>>41542431
"Thank you, Grind..."
>Emily said, halfway whispering. Talking was taking a lot more energy than it should have.
>Then this Kats- Katersur... Major Kat lady made an offer that Emily couldn't refuse.
>No, really. If this lady could get her medical attention in exchange for being commandeered (whatever she meant by that), what was Emily supposed to do? Say no?
>Emily just turned her head to look at Major Katsuragi with a pair of wincing eyes. The kind of expression that said "I'm listening, but make listening easy for me because ciminy fucking jim-jim you have no idea how much this hurts.

"Sure. Sure let's go with that..."

>Then she turned her head towards Grind.


"Yo. Big guy... Get me into that black car please? S'my friend. I trust him."

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542473

File: 1524268186967.jpg (157.87 KB, 500x500, tumblr_msvgp3XxUC1qdytv1o1_500…)

>>41542430
>>41542369
>Shuuja's eyes widened, her gaze glued to the ridiculous weapon platform that came out attached to Eadga's shoulders. She had to cover her mouth, stifling a laugh as she did so. The stupidity of Sabot's actions, plus the absurdity of the gun itself was actually getting the perpetually grumpy Val'kor to giggle like a schoolgirl.
"S'a bit much, don't you think?"
>She said, smiling as she walked around him to fully admire the piece. It was so... unwieldy. A siege platform? Something you mounted onto the back of a truck? Her attention turned from wondering on the gun, to the little trinket attatched to it.
"So, who's the unlucky cuck you got hanging from the barrel?"

>>Meanwhile<<

>Fleetwood softened, her tone turning supportive as she took his hand. Walking next to him, she heard the uncertainty in his voice, and didn't judge him for it.
"We start with the basics. The alphabet, and phonetics; How the letters sound. You already know how to speak the language, reading it is easy once you have that step down."
>She said, smiling as she led him to the bar. She didn't know why she felt the need to help him... maybe it was the fact that without him, she'd still be strapped to that examination table, struggling at bonds she couldn't possibly break. Maybe it was the fact that without him he'd of died in the vacuum of space in that two seater fighter. Maybe it was because of the fact that without him, she wouldn't have a single person she knew from her previous life...
"I'll help you any way I can Jet. It'll be my pleasure."
>She said sweetly.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542474

File: 1524268236598.jpg (16.78 KB, 217x500, Mahou-sensei-negima-337141.jpg)

>Bolone's conversation with Peridot had left him troubled, to say the least
>he wanted the Gems to be treated as proper refugees, protected from Basco's grasp, but with Shuuja about that couldn't be the case
>whatever the Gem race may have done, he was certain that the ones aboard the Gran Lazuli didn't deserve to suffer for it
>he was...well, 99.9% sure of that for the actual Gems
>Daisy was a definite 100%, especially given that she was the actual target, which couldn't have been sitting well with her

>he promised Peridot he'd work out some solution with the Captain of the Lost Light to keep them safe, or at least keep Shuuja off of their backs

>and he had every intention of keeping his promise
>which was why he was outside the Captain's quarters right now, knocking on her door and hoping she was awake enough to help

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542475

File: 1524268586724.jpg (218.67 KB, 1200x1200, 0a7da633b3e81ddddcbaef098cc098…)

>>41542474

>Charlotte sat down in her quarters, she'd been up late

>Things were chaotic lately, that bizarreness in the protectorate, her strained things with Raye...
>New members on the crew left and right...

>Hearing the knock she groans slightly, folding her arms and narrowing her eyes as she popped up a bottle of "Powered Armor"


Come in as you're ready.

>Charlotte states with a short sigh, stretyching a bit and leaning backward

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542476

File: 1524269215575.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41542475
>Bolone did as she asked, and the door opened soon after, giving the Violet Lantern entry
>despite the subject on his mind, he appeared as jovial and amicable as usual, greeting his Captain with a smile

Hello, Captain my Captain!

I've got a bit of a situation to discuss with you...

>though he paused when he noticed her opening a bottle of what was clearly alcohol of some kind


I...hope I'm not catching you at a bad time...

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542477

File: 1524269419818.png (55.41 KB, 633x717, 2b30ecfcbcf6fe57f268c9ea8b7b59…)

>>41542476
Bolone we're in a massive war against an empire that's conquers the galaxy in under three decades, there's never a good time if I'm being fair.

>She states with a short sigh as she slumps back into her chair and pours her drink, grabbing a can of Mood Whiplash from under her table and pouring it down into her cup


So I have to deal with it either way, fire it away, Bol.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542478

File: 1524269684314.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41542477
>Bolone couldn't very well argue against that
>though he meant a bad time for Charlotte specifically, but again that seemed like almost all the time
>and considering she was now mixing drinks, she clearly had a lot to deal with already
>but, again, he promised

If you say so...

>a bit more reluctant this time, he floated closer to Charlotte, taking a "seat" beside her as he spoke


You remember those refugees I brought here a little while ago?

The Crystal Gems, they called themselves?

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542479

File: 1524270073843.jpg (513.15 KB, 1024x768, 4f721f4ee8362cc5b0e50f156f7089…)

>>41542478

How could I forget a name that's so redundant?

>Charlotte questioned raising a brow


Those three that we have 0 idea how to trreat medically and their...REALLY weird friend, right?

>She taps her chin and tilts her head


...What, we have some new information or something?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542480

File: 1524271344474.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41542479
>Bolone winced a little, knowing what he was about to get into

Well...yes, but that's not specifically why I'm here...

>he shifted around so that he was looking in another direction, trying to remember what he learned that was relevant


See, I didn't know this when I met them, obviously...

But they're from another galaxy entirely, and...well, the Gem race in said galaxy are on a galactic conquest of their own...

>he then quickly added:


Not that I think these guys are involved! Directly, at least!

They wouldn't be here if they were, they just got stranded and are trying to live their own lives.

>he then calmed back down slightly, though he was clearly still in a down mood over this


Problem is, because of what their race has done elsewhere...

Another member of the crew - Shuuja - wasn't too happy and decided to go and voice said unhappiness to them.

And now they're so scared of her they won't leave their ship.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542481

File: 1524272626582.jpg (513.15 KB, 1024x768, 4f721f4ee8362cc5b0e50f156f7089…)

>>41542480

Sooo, Shuuja is discriminating against the Gems solely because of what their race had done in other galaxies and what the Gem's, likely rather colored image, of the other empire are?

>Charlotte folds her arms and lets out a short sigh, shaking her head slightly


Alright so, what should I do? Go talk to Shuuja? Makes sense to me but, I'll not lie any say that's an entirely safe avenue.

>She taps her foot and taps her chin, eyes narrowing...


I'll see what I can do for both, regardless of whether or not the Gems want to help our cause or can, they're still refugees, and should choose what their path is from here, it's not different from the Jookiba experiments other than being on a smaller scale.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542482

File: 1524273844916.jpg (21.36 KB, 161x147, tumblr_inline_nhd93mMwhU1raysw…)

>>41542481
>Bolone grumbled a bit at Charlotte's mention of how talking to Shuuja wouldn't go well

Trust me, I'm well aware of that...

>he rubbed the back of his neck as he tried to think of what would work for them as far as making the Gems feel safe


I don't even understand what Shuuja was trying to do.

She kept trying to force them into admitting their connection to their Empire, even while knowing they had nothing to do with it.

And she even held one of their own as a hostage to make it worse.

They're terrified of her now. Peridot is convinced that if she lets her guard down, Shuuja will kill them in their sleep or something.

And as for Daisy, she's not one of their kind, but they treat her as part of their family. They're especially scared for her sake, I can just tell...

>he let out a sigh and rubbed his eyes


I was hoping to set up some sort of communication link between us and them just in case something happened...

But aside from that...

>he then lowered his hand and looked to Charlotte with a more worried expression


Even if you gave Shuuja some sort of warning about talking to them again, could you really stop her if she chose to ignore you?

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542483

File: 1524274515691.jpg (270.56 KB, 1280x1024, 45c17c5b1891687304f22264c23140…)

>>41542482

>Charlotte listens quietly and nods listening and nodding quietly, tapping her foot in thought


>Until..."She even held one of their own as a hostage"

>No...that, that was too far, that WAS NOT something she'd be willing to let anyone do.

...Mr. Pageddi, with all do respect, you have no idea what I'm willing or capable of doing given the right motivation.

>she states simply, adjusting her tie, suddenly shoving her drink aside


What else do you know about Shuuja and what she did

>Charlotte seemed serious now, her hair shadowing the front of her face as her neutral expression turned to one of disdain


I'm not about to allow someone, or anyone, go an oppress a refugee, let alone someone who could be considering part of my crew because of the actions performed by their family, let alone race..

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542484

File: 1524276026212.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41542483
>Bolone was certainly surprised when Charlotte's mood shifted like it did, to the point where she put her drink aside to discuss the matter fully
>it seemed as though he had underestimated just what his Captain could do
>granted, she was right in that he didn't know what she was capable of, so that was likely something to do with it

>at her question, Bolone frowned and tried to think of what else to add


Well, I was there, so I didn't miss any of it...

She kept going on about what the Gems had done and wanting to prove it to...well, me, I think.

And like I said, she knew that these Gems hadn't done anything wrong, but she just wouldn't let it go until they gave her some sort of apology or admittance for what had happened...

As for Shuuja herself...she's another ageless immortal being that's existed for thousands of years and can somehow survive in the vacuum of space.

So you can see why I'm a little concerned about you confronting her...

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542485

File: 1524278125689.jpg (861.18 KB, 1231x1200, orklawl.jpg)

>>41542473
>>41542431
"Much?"

>The ork guffawed at that preposterous suggestion.


"Dis roight 'ere is 'ardly a start!"
>Humies never seemed to understand the concept of "never enuff dakka". Not that Eadga could blame them. The poor fragile gits would probably shatter if they tried to handle any passably shooty shoota.

"Oi 'ad to sacrifice some dakka fer da boomy kannon up top."

>And then they brought up the ornament. A little memento of how he came to the Lost Light.


"Oh, dat git?" he began "Sum humie slave sella' named 'Gold Digger'."
>Eadga's face darkened at the memory of that flashy, wiry little grotfondler. Even the snotlings could have beaten him in an arm wrestling match.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542486

File: 1524279338437.jpg (568.66 KB, 1295x1812, 8cfe2ecc3d55ad1593ec7c48e88f54…)

>>41542484

Well, that's presuming it'd come down to physical altercations and if that's...unavoidable, I

>she tugs at the sleeve of her shirt and she bites her lip, trying to cover up a tiny glyph she has on her arm...


I'd need to talk to Mirage. But, the sins of the father can hardly be blamed on the children...

>She seemed the tiniest bit nervous now, but more over what she might have to do to approach this problem than anything else, she still seemed composed and certain that should could manage it in some degree though.


...you'd think beings who'd been around so long would know better...

>she folds her arms and lets out a short huff...


Regardless of your concern, I can't risk someone being willing to hurt an innocent like this, after all what's to stop Shuuja from trying to off Stitch or Reuben since they were made to be war machines?

Elliot Granger!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542487

File: 1524279662778.png (17.92 KB, 407x406, Elliot_smile.png)

>>41542451
>>41542425
>>41542413

>>41542448
>Elliot gave Arsene a shockingly confident nod. A far cry from the stuttering mess he usually was.

"I trust you, Arsene. Be our eyes up there, alright?"

>Elliot pulled up his Handroid and began to dial Arsene's number in, a second or two later, Arsene would hear his own comms device notifying him of an incoming call.


"I don't usually take calls on the road, but I think I can make an exception today."

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542488

File: 1524280564349.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41542486
>Bolone nodded slightly, certainly able to agree with that
>while he didn't know who Stitch or Reuben were, he could understand the point Charlotte was making

She might not have a personal grudge with those two, but yeah, I see what you mean...

>he turned to fully face her again, his mood having picked up a bit now


I've already given them my personal frequency, so if anything else happens, I'll keep you posted.

That said...

>he then tilted his head, his eyes drifting to the drink she had pushed aside


Anything going on with you...?

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542489

File: 1524280647346.png (78.44 KB, 234x218, Aheh... what.png)

>>41542429
>>41542443
>Zephyr saw the little golfcart, rolling his eyes. Whispering conspiratorially, in a voice that Ruth's bat ears could totally hear, Zephyr said
"Well Tuco, I'm not known for missing when it comes to shots to the heart. And I'm a wing guy, sue me."
>He said, with a chuckle. Sitting down, Zephyr took the seat next to Ruth, a cocky smile on his beak as he looked to her. No blush. Not even a smirk. She was playing him, and he knew it. He'd seen women that were actually this oblivious and innocent, and they'd blush when they got compliments, or simply ignored the odd comments. No, she toyed with him. Intentionally subverted what he was really saying.
>It was a dance of two predators, and he couldn't be more excited.
>As the cart kept going, his luggage made annoyed beeping as the robo-luggage tried to keep up.
"So Ruth, what can you tell me about what you do to keep entertained on this vessel? I must admit, I'm curious to see what you do to keep so trim~ Cardio? Yoga? Enlighten me."
>He said, a predatory glare glowing through the shades resting on his beak. He was trying to work the angles on her defenses, seeing where'd she crack.
>He didn't show it much beyond that pleasant smile though

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542490

File: 1524281735402.png (253.99 KB, 483x710, over there.png)

>>41542443
>>41542489
>the cart started up with a mere push of a button, the need for keys being fairly pointless on what was essentially the only way around the massive ship
>the cart moved forward at a leisurely but still hasty speed, the bat having little to worry in regards to traffic and driving room in the titanic halls if the Lost Light

>Zephyr and Tuco's conversation didn't go unnoticed by Ruth, but she had no reaction to it

>she just hummed a little tune to herself as they conversed, before the conversation turned back to her
Entertainment, you say?

I'm afraid this ship doesn't have many commodities...
>she paused to think, despite really not having to
>she knew most of the ship already
The bar is probably the only true source of entertainment.

There's a few movies and whatnot you can find in the databases; mostly old things from centuries ago!

It can be interesting, but you'll be finding yourself mowing through them quite quickly.

Beyond that, you always have the holodeck. It can simulate just about anything, if you don't mind such an artificial experience.
>she shrugged, clearly not impressed by the miraculous wonder of modern technology
>instead, she just smiled widely at Zephyr's comment about her figure
Ho ho, you noticed~!

And here I thought all that hard work was for nothing!

Lately I've been following some old workout videos I found laying around. It's quite fun~!

Gyms have never really been my thing, and I've always enjoyed working up a sweat in the comfort of my own bedroom~!

>she giggled lightly, then shrugged her shoulders again

Not that I really need it, to be perfectly honest!

It seems like no matter what lifestyle I take, I never quite fall out of shape.

Or perhaps all of that weight just falls in all the right places~?

Jet and Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542491

File: 1524281797419.png (493.23 KB, 332x726, 9b9bad7d6b3dec7d48c570a1bf65be…)

>>41542485

'Eadga getting serious was a change in tone that took Sabot off guard, but the Mag'har decided not to press the issue unless the ork himself chose to elaborate on it; it was a look he recognized and it wasn't one he relished pushing when he saw it. "Sounds like he was a great guy," he snorted instead, lip curling as his eyes went from 'Eadga back to the macabre memento and gave it another tap to watch it softly swing back and forth. "Imaginative, too." That observation made, he stood back up to his full height, hands on his hips as he looked over the deffgun with the same mulling gaze a stymied mechanic might give to a particularly stubborn engine block. He could work with context clues, and context clues were pointing to 'dakka' being connected to just how much ordnance this slapdash weapons platform was capable of vomiting out at once...

... oh. Ohhhh. Dakka.

Certainly a literal-minded fella, wasn't he?

Sabot pursed his lips, looking over to Shuuja. "Do we tell him about the Lucerne Tech shrapnel ordnance?" he wondered out loud.

>>41542473

Oh, there was that weird warm feeling again. His cheeks flushed red at the withering pincer attack of her fingers intertwining with his coupled with her promise, the young man not able to offer much but a goofy smile aimed at the floor. "Thanks, Fleetwood," he somehow managed from what felt like the cotton balls suddenly running rampant in his mouth. What was he even supposed to say? Roll hadn't mentioned anything to him about freeing other prisoners; it was, depending on who you asked, fate, coincidence, divine intervention, or sheer dumb luck that he'd heard Fleetwood's shouting at all during his initial escape, but if it wasn't for her he probably never would have made it back to the colony proper, and even if he had how would he have known Riptire had been in possession of the only shuttle not on Imperial lockdown? The shuttle he didn't know how to fly anyway? His fingers squeezed against hers ever so slightly, the cyborg not even realizing he was doing it as it washed over him not for the first time (and certainly not for the last) what a one-in-a-million shot their escape had been, even with the help of their mysterious benefactors...

At least the Empire could have surgically removed some of the social anxiety surrounding interacting with the opposite sex. Assholes.

Laptop PatchesCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542494

>>41542489
I'm not one for standin' around, yes.

>he said, parroting Zephyr's question about entertainment on the vessel.


Along with a bar, I'd love to stop by a shooting range. Don't want to get rusty with my shots. Maybe show off a few parlor tricks.

>nodding to Zephyr, he noted


The two of us are quite fancy with our shootin'

>>41542490
>"There's a few movies and whatnot you can find in the databases; mostly old things from centuries ago!"
>with those words, Tuco's antenna stood on end, his eyes practically lighting up.
>suddenly, all the flirtatiousness didn't matter, nor the small contest he was having with Zephyr.
Old world media, you say? You have any action movies? Fast cars, guns, and a tough action hero who saves the day and gets the girl?

>with a bashful chuckle, he rubbed his shoulder.


I'm a bit of a fan, sorry... I don't have much of a past, so I kinda themed myself after the media I first encountered. Long story. Holds a place in this bug's heart.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542503

File: 1524344015989.jpg (203.86 KB, 972x690, 69aff5b8ec2b227ea6b5a253a75d26…)

>>41542488

>Charlotte pauses...taking hold of the drink again after having gotten serious a moment before...


>She reaches back to the drink she had previously set aside.


>she takes a small sip from the mixed drink before sighing deeply


You know, just the usual stress that comes from the job.

>She folds her arms and lets out a short groan


I should really get out at some point, go on a personal mission with Vi or something...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542504

File: 1524344537629.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41542503

You and me both...

>Bolone paused after letting that little remark slip out, then laid on his side in the air beside Charlotte, wearing a more cheeky grin on his face


I-I mean, anything specific on your mind?

Anything I can help you out with?

I mean, it's only right that we help one another out with our problems, isn't it?

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542505

File: 1524345377046.jpg (735.39 KB, 1280x1000, 361135286f956be7beabd16baa3199…)

>>41542504

>Charlotte folds her arms and lets out a short sigh, scratching the back of her head a bit...


Just...a little bit of everything, nothing to worry about, Bolone.

>She states as she waves her hand and hums softly under her breath


and I guess it is, but it's fine, see you around?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542506

File: 1524346051544.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41542505
>well that seemed to be the end of that

Well, if you're sure, then alright...

>Bolone straightened back up, then bowed his head slightly before floating to the door


I'll just go let the Gems know about all this.

So I'll see you later, Captain!

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542516

>>41542490
>>41542494
>Zephyr listened to the bat go on about old movies, though his feathered ears only heard "Work up a sweat in my own bedroom."
< "Yeah, I'll bet you do."
>He relaxed though. No need to continually chase after her too hard if she was gonna be that stubborn. Leaning back in the seat, he spread his wings over himself like a cloak, keeping the cold from his armor to himself.
"I think it's a little of column A, little of column B Ruth."
>He said, smarm oozing from every pore on his body. Thinking on it though...
"I think the holodeck can probably work as a shooting range as well, Tuco. Might not be a couple bottles put up on posts, but it'll work."
>He said sarcastically as they whizzed through the halls, his luggage huffing and puffing to keep up. Looking down to Ruth though, Zephyr smiled, simply unable to see the sites of the ship for what was in front of him.
"You know Ruth, you were talking about some of those workouts. I'd hate to get too chubby for this. Maybe one of these days, you can show me your routine. We could sweat together~"

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542518

File: 1524360127987.png (342.84 KB, 636x476, why should I care.png)

>>41542494
>Ruth slowly nodded her head
I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for, dear~

It's a surprisingly extensive collection!

>>41542516
>at Zephyr's comment on the holodeck, Ruth quickly nodded again
Correct~!

The holodeck has a few setting that can easily replicate whatever shooting conditions you might desire!

I know a couple of the crew already use it that way, so you'll have no problem finding things to shoot~

>once again, the bat gave little reaction to Zephyr's flirtations

>at the very least, she could respect his tenacity
I don't see why not, Mister Zephyr~!

Working out on your lonesome is all well and good, but it's only made better with some company~!

>after a turn down another nearly identical hallway, Ruth finally came to a stop in front of a doorway

Here we are~!

Since this ship was designed for Cybertronians, there is plenty of space to choose from when it comes to your own personal room!
>she hopped out of the car, quickly opening the door into the barren room, only the barest of essentials being inside like a bed or desk
>she turned to Tuco and Zephyr with a smile
You can both pick your own rooms... or stay in the same one, if y'all feel you'd get lonely without some company~!

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542528

File: 1524363236123.jpg (261.68 KB, 1920x1072, Teen.Titans.The.Judas.Contract…)

>>41542491
>>41542485
>Shuuja must of misheard. A start? There was no way in hell that thing was going to work if it got much bigger. You'd need a truck full of ammo to even feed the damn thing. Shaking her head, she looked to the greenskin with a smirk.
"Yeah... sure. You build it up as much as you think you need to."
>She said, turning around to Sabot, shaking her head. No, they were not going to tell him where to find bullets that exploded into razor shrapnel were located! Putting those bullets in that gun would blow the whole ship to smithereens.
"I don't think we need to make that gun any more deadly than it already is. Come on Sabot, I wanna get drunk, and the replicators here can make Romulan stout."
>She said, waving a goodbye to Eadga'. He was free to join them if he wanted, but right now, Shuuja had sights to show Sabot...

>>meanwhile<<


>Fleetwood felt her body flush with heat, but not in an embarrassed or aroused way. Her core seemed to flutter with warmth, her smile beaming brighter than it ever had before.

"Any time, Jet."
>She said, before she hugged him softly, letting her arms wrap around him. She held him, just long enough to listen to the thrum of his core, before she backed up, holding his hand... He was taller than her, by a margin, and as she felt that joy in seeing him again, he'd notice her start to get taller... an inch... more... and then she'd notice, and look down, only to see that her feet had lost touch with the ground. Her response was to immediately squeak, her arms wrapping around his arm as she floated weightlessly, clinging to him.
"What?!"
>She squeaked, fear and uncertainty taking her... and wouldn't you know it, all the weight in her body returned.

Jet and Sabot!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542538

File: 1524369425301.gif (1.13 MB, 640x269, tumblr_p2m76lie2y1v1hotuo1_128…)

>>41542528
>>41542485

Sabot pouted at his DIY help being shot down, an expression that didn't at all fit on that chiseled, alien visage and yet couldn't have been more appropriate at how he felt at not being allowed to have his fun with the boys- the boys were currently precisely one rowdy Gorkamorkan, but he now counted as the boys nonetheless. "Last time you tried something from the other side of the Neutral Zone," he shot back to Shuuja, "you wound up creating a political vacuum that necessitated two more Neutral Zones." The important part of that retort, however, was how he hadn't said no. Waiting for the Val'kor to begin sashaying away to the aforementioned replicators, her Mag'har mate looked over his shoulder to make sure the coast was clear before looking back to 'Eadga one last time. "One dakka," he started, pointing to the huge barrel before pressing the palms of his hands together in front of him in a rough representation of a bullet, then nodding at Calamity and Tempest behind them. "Give it a brain like theirs..."

He winced as the two Transformers bumbled their way into creating another deafening crash.

"... okay, maybe not quite like theirs," he continued, making sure he had the ork's attention as he pushed his hands forward through empty space. "When that shot 'sees' its near where it needs to go..." He mimed an explosion, fingers splaying and spreading his arms wide in a simulation of the round exploding into hundreds of smaller 'smart' bullets. "Loads of dakka for the price of one." He grinned conspiratorially, the sort of grin one fellow gave another when they knew they were talking about something they shouldn't be but were just plain having too much fun to stop. "I'll let you think over that, 'Eadga," he declared, reaching forward to slap the ork on the shoulder. "Seeya soon, yeah?"

>>41542528

Jet froze for a while at being hugged, but the need to reciprocate was stronger than his self-consciousness, and it only took a tick of the clock or two for Fleetwood to feel his arms around her as well. She was so warm, the way her body softly rose and fell in his arms with each breath she took... his 'heart' hammered in his chest, the cyborg's smile wide as he felt like he was practically floating from the feeling she was giving him...!

And then that flurry of warm fuzziness would be followed by a brief moment of confusion as she pulled away from the hug and he briefly marveled at how damn quickly that feeling had disappeared...

... And how much taller Fleetwood had suddenly gotten...

Ohhhh.

"Gah!" was about the most insightful thing he had to offer as the realization of what was going on hit both of them at the same time and hit her so hard that it brought her right back down to earth, meaning that Jet now had one whole Tamaranean in abrupt freefall to try to balance on one arm.

Well...

CRASH!

He did try.

Laptop PatchesCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542554

>>41542516
>>41542518
Er...

>Calming down from his rant about movies, Tuco nodded, putting his top pair of arms behind his head, the bottom pair crossing in front of him.


Yes, the holodeck would work. If it can replicate certain conditions, that'd be easier than a range. Better practice against moving targets or targets that shoot back.

>he said, pantomiming shooting a gun on the word "shoot"


>as the cart came to a stop, Tuco hopped off, his spurs jangling; the man went all in on the whole cowboy get up. Close inspection would reveal the spurs weren't even sharp.


What do you think, Zephyr? I'm a lone ranger, I prefer a room to myself, other than the occasional visitor.

>rubbing his chin as he walked into the room, as if claiming it as his own already, he asked

>it was simple and barren, just how he liked it. Nothing like the bare essentials to help him clear his mind.

We get room service here or are we on our own?

'Eadga Trukknomanca'!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542562

File: 1524403081397.png (88.34 KB, 558x476, 1327633459263.png)

>>41542538
"Roight, See yer later."

>>41542528
>'Eadga's eyes went wide, like he'd just been awoken to the secrets of the universe. He couldn't even say anything for a solid 10 seconds.

"Neva' 'fought ter strap a gitfinda to it!"

>Then the Ork put a finger to his gob, clearly trying to puzzle out how something like this would work.


"But oi kan 'ardly strap a gitfinda to every bullet. Maybe I stikk a little boom in each one an' have it go off afta a little time. Or oi could stick little bullets in each bullet an' ave them fly off while it's spinnin'... Or-"

>Yeah, 'Eadga was going to be there for a while. You've gone and given him so many ideas that he's starting to forget that you're there, Sabot.

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542567

File: 1524421745327.jpg (253.04 KB, 1600x1131, 5b647b38384bf963b8be85e735e384…)

>>41542430
>>41542431

>Grind nodded knowingly as he watched Jinx walk towards the Rodpod, smirking slightly at her reaction to Motorcade. It was sad, really. Not her fault Autobot and Decepticon were both morally bankrupt enough to make people factories.


<And people wonder why I'm a- No, not a NAIL either. They're uppity judgmental bastards.


>>41542425

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, 'CADE!

<I'm not always sure what they wonder, really.


>>41542451

Alright, Major. Looks like you're with us.

<I don't think I need any of those labels. That's about all I'm sure of.


Good. Let's move.

>Exchanging a nod, Grind hustled down the stands. Rei meets him at the bottom, and he carefully transfers Emily to the blue-haired girl, who carries her to the Lazerhawk with surprising ease.


>>41542487

>Rei opened the passenger side door, carefully stowing Emily within.


Proceed to your shuttle. We will accompany you to a military base.

>She pauses for a short, awkward second.


Please.

Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542570

File: 1524437747894.png (38.47 KB, 171x328, 1369346454525.png)

>>41542567
>>41542448
>>41542425
>>41542431
>Through all this, the second most prominent thought in Emily's mind besides "Ow fuck ow fuck ow fuck" was to admire just how gently both of her carriers managed to make the ride.
>When Grind transferred her over to Rei, she briefly wondered where this woman was getting all of this strength from. Emily looked up at Rei asked a question. Not even Emily knew why this question came to her mind, but it was asked nonetheless.

"Are... Are you an angel?"

>>41542487
>Before she knew it, Emily was in that familiar passenger seat. Something about that was comforting. Perhaps it was that familiar interior, the leather upholstery and that unmistakable berry scented car freshener. Perhaps it was knowing that Elliot was the one transporting her now. And judging by the way he was handling this race course, she was in good hands.
>She wanted to say something to Elliot. Something kind and reassuring. Something to thank him for the protection he was now providing. But all that came to mind was:

" 'Sup, Elliebelle? "

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542646

File: 1524542977956.gif (2.95 MB, 380x200, mathlaser.gif)

>>41542431
>>41542441

>A shuddering, chaotic digital howl rips through the broadcast spectrum as the barrage of fire from the dozens of ships already engaging Ramiel.


Heart of the Sunrise delayed. Maintain positioning as feasible.

>The weaponry does little more than agitate the beast, as it deflects all fire with it's blue crystalline shell, the red sphere at it's core becoming visible for fractions of a second between shots of the laser.

Shuuja and FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542664

File: 1524604381218.jpg (28.09 KB, 400x370, [email protected])

>>41542554
>>41542518
>Zephyr was getting a little frustrated at this point. Every time, she'd played dumb. He knew she was playing dumb, and at this point it was starting to irk him. Giving a sigh, he nodded at Tuco.
"You can have the room Tuco. I don't want to be stuck watching all those godawful western movies you like so much."
>He said, smirking good naturedly. Taking a page out of Ruth's book, he walked to the next empty room, opening the door to look at the sparse insides. Seemed nice and customizable. It'd do.
"Thanks Ruth. I think I can take care of myself from here."
>He said, as his little luggage bot finally caught up, bumping against his leg in indignation. He gestured to the room, where the luggage rolled into and sat, like an unhappy dog. Turning to look Ruth in the eye, Zephyr offered a hand.
"Well, if that'll be all, I'm gonna get to putting the stuff from my ship into my room. Was nice meeting you miss Ruth. Perhaps we can do something in the near future."
>Maybe stopping his own advances would start hers. Or, she'd just keep ignoring him. At this point, he was ready to let it go either way.

Elliot Granger!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542665

File: 1524605161382.png (323.72 KB, 514x505, Elliot_1119 (davidmccartney).p…)

>>41542431
>>41542425
>>41542448

>>41542570
"Hi Emily..."

>She was covering the actual wound with her hand, but Elliot did not like how much blood had soaked into her shirt. She was still talking, but Emily sounded like she was starting to get delerious. He could worry about the blood on his passenger seat later. They needed to get her to a hospital. Now.


>>41542567
"Yes ma'am."
>Elliot reached over to gingerly buckle Emily's seatbelt; mindful not to put the upper strap over the arm she was using to brace her wound.

<"Why do I feel like I should keep her talking?"

"Sorry the race turned out like this.."

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542666

File: 1524605648630.png (487.88 KB, 888x873, dbcdd23eb21baf8161cac9ffb7dbe8…)

>>41542538
> Well, both of them were on the floor together at least. There was a short cry of alarm from Fleetwood as they fell, but as they came to the floor in a tangled heap, she couldn't help but begin to laugh. The situation was so silly in the first place... Her body must obviously still be changing, and that scared her, but the thought of being there to experience it with Jet made it worth bearing. Snuggling the arm, she made little effort to get up as she lay there, laughing, happy to be close to him... Truth be told, she didn't know why she'd bonded so hard, so fast. It wasn't logical, just how fond she'd gotten of her rescuer... but it didn't much bother her. Sitting up, she still had his hand in her own.
"Well... Looks like I have to keep track of what gravity is doing now as well~ Never heard of tamaraneans flying in anything other than ships."
>She said, beaming.

Jet, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542673

File: 1524616688900.jpg (100.1 KB, 500x667, tumblr_nltj1fSMLR1rnppojo1_500…)

>>41542646

Rattle winced, the Beastformer's ears flattening at the abrupt burst of white noise overwhelming the ship's aural channels for a few harrowing seconds. "We still good?" Feedback asked, even as he perused the screens for himself to make sure that they were; Roll just nodded. "Ramiel temporarily overwhelmed sensors with another string of nonsense code; everything's back online now. I think it was a reactionary move, not an intentionally defensive one." Shake furrowed his metal brow from behind his visor, looking over to his 'sister' from his seat at the gunner's console. "What, you're saying it was in pain?" She shrugged. "It's my best guess." "And that's good enough for me," Feedback cut in, nodding to both of them. "Shake, keep firing with everything we've got. Rattle, how we doing on those evacuations?"

"Ramiel's pretty distracted by now," growled the diminutive felinoid Transformer, the claws at the end of his paws almost comically tapping over the holoscreen keys in front of him as he kept an eye on the flow of information. "We've got a lot of datapacket downloads; it looks like most of the unaffected hospitals and evacuation centers have got it and are distributing en masse from their locations now." The captain nodded, glancing back to the pink Mini-con. "Roll, any changes in Ramiel's attack pattern?" "I'm noticing a red core at its center that seems to remain consistent no matter what changes the entity itself goes through; possibly a power source or center from which it projects itself."

"So it's important."

"For all intents and purposes, yes, that's what I'm theorizing."

"So can I shoot it?" Shake suggested, already looking to the captain and grinning wide as he practically chomped at the bit for the order to focus fire. Feedback frowned. "We don't know what the Heart of the Sunrise is, we don't know what the Protectorate's planning, and we don't know what attacking its core will do. Do you think it'll work?"

"It worked on Trypticon, didn't it?"

>>41542441
>>41542646

"EV-R28, Autobot Helitack Squadron, Protectorate vessels, be advised, Hemnev-Tekhar continuing to fire, clear downrange, will attempt to strike Ramiel's core when it exposes itself," the Cybertron native shuttle announced on an open frequency, updating its IFF tags to note the core and spread the data Roll had compiled on Ramiel's theoretical weak spot. Throaty mass driver cannons opened up, throwing depleted ununtrium shells at blistering speeds through the void of space directly for the heart of the entity.

The gold VTOL sharing airspace with Emma simply pinged a green acknowledgement rune in reply to the alert broadcast, pitching away to give its impromptu trine partner breathing room and its ship of berth a clear field of fire as bright ruby bolts of its own continued zipping from the cannons under its heavily armored chassis. Rocket pods sprouted at forty-five degree angles from the space in both of the cockpit's blind spots, bright blue contrails matching the jet's own afterburners spiraling brilliantly away as the sleek silver missiles followed the Tekhar's own firing lines.

>>41542666

"Yeah, me neither." Jet laughed with her, smiling wide and reflecting on how at least some of that laughter was about how he hadn't really heard of Tamaraneans in general before not too long ago. Cyberforming, daring escapes, experiencing and surviving space combat, destabilizing an Imperial province, devouring a minor god of chaos, talking to a girl...

More intrigue had been packed into this week already than the rest of his life combined!

"How'd you do that, anyway?" he wondered out loud, not quite bothering to sit up just yet as he lolled his head over to look up at the other Delphinian; the feeling of her hand in his still made his 'heart' flutter, but he wasn't tempted to withdraw anymore. He was starting to open up, starting to let someone- to let her- close without becoming defensive or suspicious. Trust had been hard to come by in a junkyard colony like Zeta Delphini, and now that he had more of it than he knew what to do with... he'd decided he rather liked it.

>>41542567

Jinx had found a comfortable-ish looking spot for Joel, taking care to not jostle him too much as he got deposited on a reclined seat inside the garish shuttle. She walked back to the entrance of the docking ramp once he looked stable enough to not require immediate attention, standing in the shuttle's doorway with arms crossed as she watched the rest of their motley crew assemble with an unmistakably soured expression now present. Organic military forces and sharing shuttle space with Decepticons... could today get any slagging worse?

Oh, right. The mysterious entity raining hell down on them from space.

... Meh. She'd still take that over trusting 'Cons.
This post was edited by its author on .

Zaleska Ruthven!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542680

File: 1524630078708.png (499.2 KB, 987x1134, you cant handle this.png)

>>41542554
>Ruth raised an eyebrow at Tuco's question, considering she had previously said the droids could bring them things to their room
Well, you can summon one of the drone droids to your room as I've said before.

They're dumb little things, but can handle simple enough tasks such as fetch.

>>41542664
>no last minute attempt to invite her into his room?
>that was a surprise; maybe she played a bit too thick for his liking
>oh well, no skin off her back
>perhaps she'd make it up to him later in the day and give him a little visit

>Ruth beamed brightly, taking Zephyr's hand

The pleasure was all mine!

And I wouldn't worry much; I'm sure we'll be working very closely together at some point~
>she punctuated this with a quick wink before wandering back over to the cart
You two enjoy your stay now, y'hear~?

And if there's ever anything you need, don't hesitate to reach me from my personal frequency~!

I always keep myself open to everyone~
>quickly hopping into the cart, she waved at the two before driving away

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542685

>>41542665
>>41542570
You guys doing alright down there?
>Arsene's voice called down, talking into his earpiece. A small headphone like device, small enough and comfortable enough that he could take it on flights, but designed to not fall off from high speeds.

I'm seeing a lot up here.

>he said, observing the fight. >>41542646


The diamond isn't even budging. Looks to have a core...

Laptop PatchesCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542695

>>41542664
God awful?!

>Tuco says, in a tone of faux offense.


You insult me and Clint Eastwood.

>he only wished he was back in time when the movies were being made. Old world media was so amazing, that it lead him to neglect modern media.

>tossing his luggage on his new bed, he stretched. The proposition of finally getting undressed and lying down on a bed that wasn't improvised or in his ship felt like heaven right about now.

>>41542680
>he was hoping for a pretty maid, not too much interaction with a drone.
>Oh well

Thank you for your time, Ruth.

>he said, adding finger guns to his statement.

>if he was physically capable of it, he'd wink.

If you need a trusty gun or a friendly face, I'll be here.

AnonymousCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542701

File: 1524642985741.gif (2.93 MB, 640x480, vjewoqu.gif)

>>41542646

> The scream nearly stunned her. Unlike every other pilot in this situation, she was directly connected to and controlling her vessel via thought, so it was a sudden, direct sensory overload.


> On the other hand, she also had a unique perspective for vastly differing kinds of electronic warfare. Compared to most, raw jamming was blunt, somewhat effective, but lacking in finesse and easy to center with other senses; and turning down her sensors' sensitivity was enough to keep her from puking.


> The next thing to go off was a weapons charge alarm. Waste heat!


> And so, when Ramiel fired, she was not where Ramiel predicted.


> ... This presented a problem, however. Ramiel's main firing port seemed to also be its only obvious weakness. But when said "weakness" can fire in five directions at once and probably heat-lance any directed energy weapon aimed at it, how were you supposed to get a hit in on it in a ship almost entirely designed around directed energy weaponry and a fusion candle?


> At least dodging was easy enough-- Ramiel couldn't disguise its own weapon startup.


>>41542673
Hemnar-Takhar, EV-R28. Ack. Beginning main destruct run.

> In truth, Emma hadn't thought of an answer. But she couldn't sit around and dodge forever. For one thing, Ramiel would eventually manage to figure her out and pick her off somehow. She didn't have the experience for mind games in a dogfight, no matter how much response she could pull out of an interceptor.


> And all that damage only mattered if she got hit by it. Her only advantage was a fusion candle with its limiters removed because the pilot wouldn't feel any deleterious effects.


> Thus, her only option lay in front of her: charge, and ignore the internal heat warnings for now.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542719

File: 1524715638026.jpg (687.46 KB, 1280x1100, 0de4ed118ee5fb1b5e30b2fb872369…)

>Walking up to Charlotte's door, the rabbit looked up at it before knocking on it.
Charlotte I need to talk to you right now about something.
>Knocking again, she then started to open the the door slightly.
And I'd rather not wait to do it.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542720

File: 1524715817930.jpg (866.99 KB, 1400x1000, 0c11d858f48e0df2dec876b97d25db…)

>>41542719

>Didn't Bolone JUST leave?


>Charlotte lets out a sigh and folds her arms


Alright come in and let it out

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542723

File: 1524718948737.jpg (286.52 KB, 1106x993, 2ade7b6fbc638d5a4318815f0753c6…)

>>41542720
Don't give me that..
>Walking in, she closed the door behind her and headed over to her.
I've learned somethings when I left to visit my home.
One, I found a cybertonian city called Fortress Maximus...
I'll tell you what happened there later,
But the important thing is, my mother was apparently in contact with Straxus.
She was planning to work with the empire and that the immortality we can make doesn't have any ill effects on them.
But....
>Looking away, her shoulder's sagged as her ears lowered.
She's not the threat...not anymore.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542735

File: 1524747597778.jpg (131.27 KB, 512x512, 1bc66c0a3cf101a4ebce745807d943…)

>>41542723

>Charlotte rose a brow at the mention of Fortress Maximus and tilted her head

>Huh.

...Okay, so your Mom isn't a threat then, something must have happened there, what is the threat then?

Lukas Prestridge!ReIheBaff.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542737

File: 1524752310940.jpg (40.08 KB, 564x811, a254f26c278c23e233bfd0787b9eff…)

>>41542434
>Were it not for the continuous pain pulsing through his body in that moment, he might've thought himself dead - but when every pulse of your heart is agony it becomes all too clear that you're alive, if only barely, but why? That creature had every opportunity to end him, he'd been surrounded by enemies that had been looking to swarm him only a short while ago. At least, he thought it was only a short while ago... there was very little way to perceive time on a ship that ran on a temporal engine.

>As his vision slowly returned to him, the owner of the familiar voice became clear, as well as his position on the table, and the horrifying wound that seemed to thrum with an unspeakable feeling of agony and dread all at once. Even attempting to move his body felt like there was a needle at the end of every nerve, so he simply turned his gaze and glared towards the AI, speaking slowly, quietly and with as little mouth movement as possible.


How long... has it been...?

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542740

File: 1524758732445.jpg (77.53 KB, 800x869, 1fa0bb3be171ef298447018824ebce…)

>>41542735
My sister is.
She stabbed her in the back and sent her to limbo.
I know what she's planning, I don't know when she'll start.
She'll want to convert others into more of our race.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542742

>>41542740

Alllllllright, so your sister is insane and wants to convert people into being bunny girls. I guess we'll have to deal with that once it becomes a problem.

>Charlotte states, placing a hand on the table before leaning back though


That said, if she's opposed to imperial cooperation enough to stab your Mom, I can't help but feel "Let these two bad forces fight each other for awhile" one'll tire the other out.

>She locks her fingers together though and raises an eyebrow


Now more importantly, the new crew members you brought aboard, also this "Fortress Maximus"

Titans aren't really something to scoff at, you know, Saya, we can't just sweep over that with an "I'll talk about that later"

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542743

File: 1524765747403.jpg (165.74 KB, 970x1056, 3ca6633d8c2469df0104cd09f7965f…)

>>41542742
>Sitting down, Saya looked over to Charlotte.
I had to get that stuff out of the way first.
Also I still don't fully understand what was going on at that planet.
Just the fact that cybertonians there being made to think they were the same race as the people living there alone is strange in itself.
Then the city I landed in was another titan also.
The two fought before the second one warped away taking a number of cybertronians with it.
The empire was there too but I didn't get the chance to find out the full extent of what they were doing before everything started.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542744

File: 1524768475115.png (82.95 KB, 247x229, GAH.png)

>>41542743

>Two Titans on a planet that fought right in front of Saya's eyes and a bunch of cybertronians disappearing with one of them and the Empire being involved in any of this at all...!


Why did you not think it was important enough to bring this up before?!

>Her jaw's practically dropped at this point and she's just... aghast


Hell why didn't you send a transmission for back up as soon as you caught a wiff of this shit?!

Matricide is one thing, but we're talking about bots bigger than Kaiju

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542745

File: 1524768913400.jpg (94.75 KB, 800x830, 5dc7584e36b80b2d35e1a6ea473911…)

>>41542744
Probably because I still don't understand what happened there.
Hell I don't even know what the empire was doing there, you would have to ask Lube about that.
>Placing her hands on the table between them, she looked her in the eyes.
Had I known more I would have put that to the forefront.
Let alone there being a pair of bracelets that let someone become a titan master.
The only suggestion I have is that we go to visit that planet soon.

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542746

File: 1524770827109.png (15.73 KB, 100x100, HakuBlankStare.png)

>>41542745

>Charlotte just stares for a moment and folds her arms, letting out a very soft sigh as she leans back in her seat


I have so many questions...

>She lets out a very short sigh and folds her arms


...Soon enough, I suppose, soon enough...

>wow...

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542747

File: 1524771719319.jpg (146.52 KB, 800x800, 9eb1c8fffee5978af05d3cedf27557…)

>>41542746
Yeah, that's all that I needed to say, but you can talk to the new crew members yourself
>Standing up, she headed for the door.
And I'm saying this now, don't underestimate my sister Charlotte.
>With that , she walked out of the room and closed the door.

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542758

File: 1524803640628.jpg (109.6 KB, 1200x960, 1470078059245-0.jpg)

>>41542426
>Hearing Merik of all people say he was a afraid of something was surprising for her, she didn't think the saiyan was afraid of anything. Still it made her feel better that someone who seemed so fearless was reassuring her that she too could conquer her fears and has made progress in doing so.

...Thank you Merik. That means a lot to me.

>At least she's smiling again.


>Faline meanwhile continues to work hard getting her bearings while she checks on her equipment.


If either of you want to heat up what's left of the stew on the fire, now's the time. Once I'm done here, we'll be moving again.

>A distinctive metallic "pinging" sound comes from the Whitehorn's rifle as she ejects the clip holding only one round left inside of it. She retrieves the clip and takes loose ammo from a pouch and slides them into the place inside the clip.


Removing some layers would be a good idea as well. These caves are filled with steam vents and can get pretty humid on the inside.

>Carmilla seemed to be scared again... though for a more comical reason


Humid?! No, my hair will frizz out!

'Rachel'!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542759

File: 1524805823117.jpg (132.37 KB, 770x900, __tsumiki_mikan_danganronpa_an…)

>>41542737
>The AI jolts as Lukas speaks to her, clear shock shows on her face.

Wha--

>How long has it been?


One hour, twenty seven minutes-- exactly, dead on, accurately-- precisely.

>Just how was he awake? That didn't happen with others... Tests, she needed to do tests right now.


You've been-- contaminated, polluted, tainted-- infected, but for some reason you haven't turned yet... You're not a -- usual, standard, ordinary-- normal human are you?

>She looms over him with clear fascination on her face. She wanted to know, she had to know now.

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542772

File: 1524844834626.png (796.56 KB, 848x768, Glare.png)

>>41542758

>Carmilla at least seemed to not be quite so downtrodden, which was a success in his book. Merik nodded towards her, the hollow feeling in his chest abating as he stood back up again. That had felt...pretty good, in honesty. If Carmilla managed to find courage in his words, then she would be driven to fight harder and train harder, in the end, he'd get a better opponent out of it than a despondent vampire...Yes, that was a good thing.


>About to attempt some light stretches to keep his body from seizing up, he was interrupted by Faline, messing around with her equipment and making last calls for food. Merik was mildly hungry, but he was always mildly hungry, so it wasn't worth stopping for even longer to sate an endless hunger. No, better to continue going forward when they were able, and save time.


>That said, he did heed her warning about the layers. Removing his pack, Merik dutifully removed his coat, the blue of his jacket only slightly more colourful than the dull black his coat had been. Still, it was almost a shame to see the coat go, for overwear, it had been remarkably efficient at keeping him capable of movement, and stylish to boot. He'd have to remember to thank Thana when he returned...And keep it as a mainstay of his wardrobe.


>Returning the pack to its rightful place, Merik looked back over at the preparing Faline, now more lightly dressed, and nodded.


I'm ready when you are.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542790

File: 1524907013519.jpg (463.47 KB, 1208x1400, kyoot.jpg)

>>41542673
>Fleetwood found herself giggling softly as she got up, dusting herself off.
"Truth be told, I don't know what came over me. I was just... so happy. It's been a joy, an absolute joy aboard this ship. I felt like I was floating on air and then..."
>She gestured to herself broadly, looking shy as she hid behind her flowing, golden locks. It was as if she could put up a barrier to hide her blush, but the truth of it was the heat hit his skin even through the hair.
"I was."
>She didn't want to tell him how he'd been the cause of it, how he'd made her feel like a little girl... But no, he'd stay ignorant of it as she coughed and brushed her hair to the side. Leading him on again, she just smiled softly, happy to be with him.
"So, let's get something in us... and then we'll get to lesson number one~"
>She said, grinning all the way to the Fluffy Tail
This post was edited by its author on .

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542820

File: 1524978907929.jpg (17.59 KB, 235x179, tumblr_owicl5Ki4N1r2r59eo1_250…)

>>41542395
>>41542325

>Behind them, Spina watches in awe at the force of the clashing warriors. Repeatedly, the sheer force of Circe's blows lead her to stagger slightly...


>And swoon, cheeks flushed red as she watches the path of destruction carved across the landscape by the cyborg.


...My god...

>She sighs happily, sitting back in her bizarrely untouched stone chair.


I may fall in love.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542969

File: 1525220931701.png (139.59 KB, 322x383, Negi.png)

>feeling a bit more at ease with things now that he'd spoken to Charlotte, Bolone decided to make his way back to the Gran Lazuli to reassure the Gems that they'd be safe
>all he had to do was take his usual route
>so he made his way to the hangar bay, having remembered that this was usually the time supplies came in for the Lost Light as a whole
>all he had to do was fly out while supplies were being delivered, and he could make his way back in through one of the airlocks later if he needed to
>so he flew down to the hangar area, feeling and appearing in good spirits

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542970

>>41542969
>Bolone would enter the hangar to see Shuuja working on buffing the latest in a long series of scuff and blast marks off her ship, the ancient relic of a vehicle taking the JE's weaponry relatively well. When she saw the pink streak that was Bolone though, he'd get a different reaction than the cold indifference he'd gotten from her since that night.
"Oi! Pink!"
>She called, waving him down as she put the power buffer down. Wiping her hands of the work she'd been doing, she had an inscrutable face, her emotions unreadable as she waved a big hand at him.
"You mind if we talk? I've got a few things to say."
>She said, the tone in her voice hard to read. Was that... resignation? Melancholy? Some sort of neutrality? It wasn't contempt, so there was progress in the right direction

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542974

File: 1525222618289.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41542970
>Bolone halted in his tracks when the all-too familiar voice called to him, much to his dismay
>he was sure it would only be a matter of time before they spoke again, given how their previous conversation went
>he just wished it wasn't this soon
>he sure couldn't be ready for it now, not when he'd just talked to Charlotte about keeping Shuuja at bay from doing any harm to the Gems
>that would only make things worse if he brought it up
>but still, he had been asked, so now was as good a time as any

>so he turned to face Shuuja, wearing a look of caution and unease, his hands behind his back as he hovered near her


Alright...

What was it?

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542976

>>41542974
>The giantess of a woman hopped off her ship, crashing to the ground nearly twenty feet below, dusting herself off. Looking up at him, she ran her fingers through the back of her fiery red hair and sighed.
"I figured I'd make amends. Say my sorries. Try to make some things clear."
>She said, beckoning him to follow. She turned and began to enter her own ship; the corvette opened the ramp with a gesture from her, as she turned to look him in the eye.
"Instead of explaining, and talking, which I've proven I'm shit at, I'm just going to show you. Won't excuse my actions, but it should explain them."
>she said, setting her face into a grimace, as if she was about to eat a particularly rancid slice of humble pie....
<"He's gonna get a kick out of this."

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542979

File: 1525224952575.jpg (21.34 KB, 242x710, Mahou-sensei-negima-335782.jpg)

>>41542976
>Bolone was already trying to keep his mouth shut as Shuuja began, following her into her ship while not saying a word
>a proper apology was what he did want, not more explanations for things she'd already explained
>she already pointed out it wouldn't excuse her actions, so how was he expected to think she felt remorse or guilt if she was going to do things this way?
>but, not wanting to stir the pot any more, Bolone kept quiet and waited to see where this was going

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542986

>>41542979
>She walked down the hallways which were swiftly becoming more lived in. He could see a room brimming with ingredients hanging from racks on the cieling, instruments hand forged out of steel looking like they were for a mix of alchemy, magic, and scientific pursuits. A room where she slept, a room where she was hand packing the archaic ammo that her ship's weapons used... and finally she came to a room roughly in the center of the ship. She pressed on a pad with her palm, which shot a metal spike through her palm, blood seeping down the slate as a form of identification. She seemed to neither notice or care as she turned to him.
"First off, I need to apologize to you. I'm a creature of instinct, habit. Reaction. I don't think about things, I just do them. I hear the word Gem, I immediately think 'Shatter'. I shouldn't of roped you into an ill conceived conflict. You're a nice guy. A good guy. You didn't deserve any of the things I said, or anything I did to you. I was angry, and I lashed out. I've got a bad habit of that."
>She said, the panel next to the slate that had stabbed her sliding. It revealed a doorway, which swung inward to reveal the entire room beyond was cylindrical. Inside were things that had survived the firestorm that had consumed her ship. The vault room had walls nearly 4 feet thick, and solid adamantium. The sliding of the door had been the wall rotating to reveal an entrance....

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542989

File: 1525230421184.jpg (21.36 KB, 161x147, tumblr_inline_nhd93mMwhU1raysw…)

>>41542986
>Bolone kept moving along as Shuuja led him to the back of her ship, still skeptical about where this was going
>he watched her as they came to the center of the ship, and flinched when the spike went through her hand, actually recoiling a bit

<"Why the hell does she need that?!"


>though he did calm down more when she spoke to him, looking up at her with a slightly off-put look, waiting for her to finish

>when she did, he regarded her with a cautious look, rubbing his own hand seemingly out of imagined pain from going what she just did

...you didn't rope me into anything.

I rescued the Gems before I even met you, and I chose to go and see them about what you'd brought up to me.

>he looked up as the huge metal walls began to open, though he soon added:


You're not exactly the first person to snap at me over who I choose to protect, and I doubt you'll be the last.

So I've gotten used to it.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542990

File: 1525231611849.jpg (30.93 KB, 600x600, 544973-rings_red_2007_12_26001…)

>>41542989
>She looked a bit surprised at his answer, and then shrugged.
"Fair enough. I just wanted you to know that I felt bad for snapping at you. You're not the issue, I am."
>She said, sounding apologetic at that, at the very least.
>The items here looked like they belonged in a museum. The tusked skull on a pedestal looked familiar if Bolone had seen Sabot around. There were weapons, a few pieces of scattered armor, some currency in stacks and piles. A statue made of stone sat mouldering in a corner, it's fanged mouth obviously marking it as a member of her species. But what would draw Bolone's eye was the cylindrical safe in the center, rising out of the floor, an armored window in the side showing a glaring red light that bathed one half of the vault in a garish crimson glow.
"Before I tell you my resolution on the Gems, Bolone, a little history. History I think you'll understand more than most."
>She said, as she went to the central safe, another spike taking her other hand, even as the hole in the left one closed up. Slowly, a central spire began to rise, a hollow revealed within.
"See, I have a grudge. A burning, all consuming, hatred, Bolone. I'm a survivor of nearly two hundred millennium, of war. For me, it was for the survival of my planet. I fought to keep them distracted, to keep them from taking Valkoria, to keep my home safe... When the crimson tide of Rubies burned my home to cinders, it was the worst day of my life. It set me on a very, very dark path."
>She said, as the central spire rose to reveal a crimson lantern, the battery glowing a spiteful, burning red, a ring floating in the open viewport, though it pressed to it's armored glass confines as it tried to get near Shuuja's hand.
"For the Gems? It was tuesday."
>She said, giving him a look at exactly how deep that sort of rage had to go. For the ring to seek her out, it was an obsession, her defining strength... to see how deep it went, she was trusting him. A lot.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542991

File: 1525234161690.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41542990
>Bolone held his tongue as he was shown the storage room that Shuuja brought him to
>the simple presence of skulls and what were seemingly trophies from previous battles bothered him enough as it was
>he abhorred violence if it was at all avoidable, and the idea of taking any sense of pride or glory from it was completely alien to him
>but that was just his own personal viewpoint on this sort of thing

>Shuuja's recount of her connection to the Gems wasn't something that surprised Bolone

>he had already figured something like that had happened, going by what she had said before now, so it didn't shock him to learn that the Gems had invaded her planet
>it upset him, naturally, as much as a tale like this could
>but he already knew Peridot and Lapis had nothing to do with it, and so did she, and that was the problem he had

>but when the source of the red light was revealed, the change in Bolone's demeanour was instant


-!

>so shocked and scared he was by the reveal of a red lantern and ring that his own ring just suddenly shut off with a fzzzt

>he landed on the floor of her ship just fine, but he looked about ready to fall over all the same
>he quickly turned to look at Shuuja and managed to get out what he needed to say, albeit with an insistent tone

Shuuja, if you have any idea what that thing is, then you know what I'm telling you is necessary.

Shoot that thing out of the nearest airlock now.

>he pointed at the glowing red lantern as though it was a bomb about to go off at any second


I get it, you've been through something really awful, I'm not going to deny that.

But nothing is worth getting involved with them.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542992

>>41542991
>She shook her head, chuckling, as she looked to the safe with a grin. He was terrified, poor thing. Patting the safe, the ring receded into the armored metal at her unspoken command, the ring desperately trying to break free as she glared at it.
"Thing is, Bolone, I know exactly what it is. It's a red power ring. It finds the angry, those infected with righteous fury, and it gives them the power to rise up against those who deserve it."
>She said, looking him dead in the eye.
"And I used it to carve a path through their empire. I stacked shattered gems so deep they buried cities. I burned kindergartens to prevent the birth of newborns, and I slaughtered them. For an eon, I drowned in blood, Bolone."
>She said, as the light was finally quenched, her smile fading as the warm memories faded. She grit her teeth, and sat, heavy and hard with the weight of it.
"I didn't like the person I became...Heh... Taking that ring off sucked."
>She said, a bark of mirthless laughter escaping her lips.
"I shouldn't of ever seen them. I should of checked for soldiers or communicators, and left with them none the wiser."
>She said, looking up at him.
"But you see, I'm a weak creature at heart. So beholden to emotion. I wanted them to pay. I knew it was the wrong thing to do, to terrorize them, but I did it anyway."
>She said, shaking her head as she put her hands in her lap.
"And now, me and them are the same. Strange people in a strange land, and I realized I should of been kind... now they won't even trust me enough to come on board the ship. They're terrified..."
>She said, looking angry about it as she slammed her fist on the floor.
"They're pissing their pants, and I can't even get onto their ship to apologize! They'd just scream, and shoot me, and piss me off!"
>She said, looking up at him with a mixture of burning resentment, not towards him he now realized, but at herself, and remorse.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543009

File: 1525273196869.png (162.09 KB, 500x367, tumblr_lwu15t3c7u1qk9c78o1_500…)

>>41542992
>Bolone was so thrown by all of this that he actually fell right on his rear, far too shocked and having far too much to process
>Shuuja not only had a red lantern and ring at her disposal - on the ship, no less - but had used it
>she had stopped recently, but if she was going to keep it what was stopping her from picking it up again?

>while Bolone hadn't met any Red Lantern personally, he'd heard enough about them from The Predator to understand them

>in many ways, they were diametrically opposed to the Violet Lanterns
>both were tied to passionate emotions that could go wildly out of control, but while the Violet Lanterns wanted to heal and unify through love, the Red Lanterns wanted to hurt and destroy through rage
>and not only did that go against the Violet Lanterns code, but Bolone's own personal code of pacifism
>suffice it to say, Bolone didn't like the Red Lanterns

>on top of that, the fact that Shuuja had the lantern here only worsened things

>for all he knew, that lantern was a beacon for The Butcher, wherever he was, to monitor for potential recruits
>and given the Lost Light was a ship full of rebels carrying righteous fury towards an oppressive Empire, there were plenty of ripe candidates to join the Red Corps
>and like hell he was gonna have that

>and as if that wasn't enough, but now Shuuja had made it very clear what she had done before coming here, and he still wasn't sure if she wouldn't do it again

>and she made her case about knowing what she'd done to the Gems, and knowing that she was in the wrong, and all he could hear was her complaints about the consequences of her actions
>how was he supposed to do anything about that?
>he fought back the urge to say that of course the Gems were terrified of her, they had every right to be after what she did
>hell, he was scared of her, even more so after what he'd just seen
>a seemingly-immortal being with a short temper and bloodlust to spare who also had access to a red lantern and ring?
>who wouldn't be terrified of that?

.....

>but

>despite having every reason and desire to run out of the ship, get his ring working again, and throwing Shuuja and her ship out of the hangar into empty space, and then telling Charlotte to gun it for literally anywhere else
>it was clear that Shuuja was at least trying to show regret for her actions, in her own way
>so maybe, just maybe, there was a chance this could work out
>except for the fact that he already spoke to Charlotte about Shuuja and she was probably coming to get on her case about all of this
>...unless she already had

...has the Captain spoken to you recently...?

ShuujaCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543012

>>41543009
>Shuuja had been searching for things to say. You weren't remembered or judged for words, where she came from, you were judged for actions. She'd hoped it'd show Bolone she was serious about changing. Show him something of the past so that he'd see how she was in the present. She was trying to change. She was trying to escape, to run away! It's why she'd overcharged her engines and hurled through time and space to a different galaxy, to be away from the old conflict! At his question though, she furled her brow.
"No, she hasn't. Never even met her. Been waiting for when my chewing out is coming."
>She said, glumly. Staring at the floor between her legs, her back against the safe she shook her head.
"Like I said, I know what this is, Bolone. Why do you think I have it locked in an adamantium vault behind two essence locks? I don't want it to get out and hurt people, and I don't want whatever being that looks through that baleful eye to see anything but a dusty room."

>She said, looking at him, seeing the fear etched plainly in his face. That was the response, wasn't it? Fear. Never was it compassion, or sympathy. She was a monster, she did monstrous things, and the only thing people ever wondered was 'who will she hurt next?!'

>And then she started weeping. No sobs, or hiccups, no outright crying, but tears began to fall down her face as it twisted ugly with hate. Covering her face, she wiped it away and snarled.
"Go on then. Run away. Throw me into deep space, go get whatever you need to arrest me..."
>She said, sounding small and pathetic.
Should of never come to you for help anyway...
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543016

File: 1525307180694.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41543012
>Bolone was recovering from his little shock by this point, though he still needed to process a lot
>and Shuuja was piling more on while he did
>how in the hell did she know he was worried about The Butcher scoping out potential recruits through the lantern?
>was she a mind-reader on top of being an immortal warlord?

>possibly so, given she actually voiced his thought about throwing her out of the Lost Light

>he was almost tempted to yell at her for invading his private thoughts like that, ones he was trying to ignore and not act on
>but dammit, she was crying
>if there was one thing that would drop a metric ton of guilt onto his shoulders, it was someone crying

>Bolone placed his hands over his mouth, exhaling into them to try and calm himself down

>he then moved his hands back out, holding them up at his sides to remain on the defensive

Alright, Sh-Shuuja...

I did tell Charlotte about all of this before I saw you. She knows and she does want to talk to you.

But...if you're serious about this...if you're serious about changing and making things right, then you have to give this some space.

Give the Gems some space. Let them recover from their shock, let them figure out what they want to do. Let them actually feel safe for a bit.

Take what Charlotte says to you, and take your time proving to her that she has nothing to worry about. Then we can work on bridging the gap.

The Gems are never going to like you, but if we just take things slow, then they...eventually won't be afraid of you.

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543024

File: 1525311675240.jpg (332.12 KB, 1280x700, 20140812-Pivka-22.JPG)

>>41542772
>Sometime later...
>The three of them move through the endlessly winding and dark caves. The only light source was from Faline's strange device. Something that turned from a fire ball in a bowl to an oddly shaped lantern, supposedly angelic technology. Or their equivalent of camping gear possible.

>While the Whitehorn kept an eye on the map and the path ahead, carmilla did her best to watch their backs. Thankfully the only thing that seemed to be in here with them was a few bats. She felt more comfortable in here then outside at least.


Take a left at the next fork... straight ahead after that...

>Thankfully the low ceilings full of stalactites to avoid in the dark gave away to a large cavern, a wide oval shaped dome with a relatively smooth and high ceiling with no stalactites hanging from it, large thick claw marks were visible on the wall, the rough stony floor appeared to have been pulverised into smoother gravely plain. This was clearly not a natural cave formation, it almost looked like a crew stone masons had come in and carved out a room for a house.


This... wan't here the last time I came through here.

>While Faline seemed utterly confused by the sudden appearance of the room, Carmilla looks around at all the signs and seemed to come to a conclusion.


A wurm did all this, a very busy Wurm at that.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543049

>>41543016
>Well, if there was one thing that Shuuja had to spare, it was time. Like infinitesimal grains of sand, seconds slipped through her fingers like water... The tears stopped with an ugly sniff, Shuuja looking at him on the ground now as well.
"I guess I got time to spare..."
>She said, chewing on the inside of her lip. With her chompers, not the best idea. Thinking on it, she shook her head.
"I don't think I could ever bring myself to like the rockheads either. I know I won't ever trust them. All it takes is one phone call home and this whole galaxy is fucked. The JE, the Protectorate, Avalon station, this rebellion... All of them together don't stand a chance."
>She said, shivering. She had nothing to fear. She'd survived being captured too many times to count, and any number of experimentation. They couldn't kill her. But they could take away everybody she cared about, and if there was one thing that broke her every time it was being left behind...
>She was so sick of it. So sick and goddamn tired of being bitter, and hateful, and spiteful. The universe was a gigantic shitpile that deserved to burn, but knowing that didn't make her feel better. It made her miserable...
>How did fools like Bolone do it? Was it naivety? Did they just not have the experience to realize that the universe was cold, uncaring, hostile? Or was it something different, something stronger? How could he love everyone, all the time, be rejected and see the horrors of it all and not be pissed? How could he see the ugliness the universe had to offer, and love it anyway? She'd kill to find out.
>And therin lied her fucking problem, didn't it?
>Rolling her eyes, she smirked, and nodded.
"I'll give em time. Show em I mean no harm... If you'd have that conversation, tell em I'm sorry, I'd make me feel better. Wouldn't acomplish nothin, but it'd put the thought in their heads. They didn't deserve what I did, but I'm just so goddamn scared."
>She said, gritting her teeth, looking to him the most seriously he'd ever seen her.
"I'll behave... But you do not reveal any details of this conversation, okay?"
>She said, pointing at him as she got to her feet. She was thinking mostly about the appearing weak and crying, and asking him for help. The reveal of the red ring and her past went unspoken.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543050

File: 1525327674179.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41543049
>Bolone seemed to finally relax when Shuuja calmed down again, not having much to add regarding her viewpoint
>while he understood that she was afraid of the Gems, and that was what led to her actions, he knew that Lapis and Peridot were trying to stay away from bring their forces to this galaxy
>at least, that was what he hoped

-!

>he jolted again when Shuuja made it clear he wasn't to speak of what happened here

>which was not easy to ask him
>now that he knew she had a red lantern on her ship, even if she promised there was no chance of her using it, if Charlotte discovered it on her own and that he knew about it, that was his own reputation and trust shot to Hell
>but then again, if he was going to give her a chance, he'd have to trust her a bit more than this

...right, understood!

>he gave a weary smile, making a zipping motion over his lips


Not a word spoken.

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543057

>>41543050
>She seemed to be satisfied at that, sighing as she walked back out of the vault. She'd shared her little secret, and she wasn't sure how she felt. Angry? That was a constant, burning bitterness. She wasn't feeling any more angry than usual. She sure didn't feel better... There was an aura of resignation around her, as if she was content that she'd said her piece. The next words out of her mouth though...
"Thank you, Bolone."
>She said, as if the words were unfamiliar in her mouth. Almost as if they tasted bad. Shaking her head, she waited for him to exit before she closed it, and looked down at him.
"So. What's the secret?"
>She asked, raising an eyebrow, as if he'd know what she meant.

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543065

File: 1525356768396.png (367.66 KB, 437x496, Hmm.png)


>He was replacing parts in his ship already, and he'd hardly even used the damn thing.


>Jesse found himself in need, dire need of some spare parts. The Retribution was ooooold, and...well, technically it was just a schoolbus, so probably not high on the budget list. He'd known this when he'd first...ahem, 'acquired' it. He'd had to repair more parts than he'd known what to do with, replace some of the really old stuff. It was a wonder you could even call it the same ship as before...But now, one of the coolant pumps had failed, and try as he might, he couldn't find one that fit in the spare parts container...


>So, off to a replicator he went, to see if he could try and find an equivalent in the data banks there. Banking on a lot though, the ZH0 had been out of commission for ages now, the 2nd model hadn't been released all that long ago, so parts were probably in short supply...Maybe he could talk to someone about ordering in?


>Jesse was lost to the world, musing on his replacement components and his resolutions as his wandered about the floor of the Lost Light, more interested in thinking on solutions than actually finding a replicator. He'd probably already passed one already, but very little seemed to be able to break him out of his reverie.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543066

File: 1525357400860.png (420.21 KB, 500x500, one more word out of you.png)

>>41543065
>thmp!
>thmp!
>thmp-KLUNK!

>not too far ahead from Jesse, the sound of a metal panel crashing against the floor was heard as a panel on the roof had just fallen down

YIIIPE!
>and a very ratty-looking woman came tumbling down from the hole, suddenly being caught by the numerous thick wires she was all tied up with
>the heavily scarred soldier squirmed slightly in her precarious position, dangling a few feet off the ground as she tried to slip away from the wires holding her up but to no avail
>from the hole also emerged a small maintenance droid that floated down near the soldier, beeping a few times as if to mock her before flying away
O-OI! GET BACK HERE!

OI AIN'T DONE WITH YEW! OI!

OI'LL TURN YEW INTO A PISSUH WHEN OI GET MY HANDS ON YA!
>she groaned, still flailing and struggling against the wires, which only served to make the wrap tighter around her limbs

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543067

File: 1525358023244.png (250.52 KB, 387x427, Confusion.png)

>>41543066

>And just like that, his train of thought abruptly crashed into the station of loud people, causing massive confusion and delay. Jesse jumped at the shouting, looking up at...what looked like a woman wrapped in wires hanging from the ceiling. He didn't even really get the chance to raise any objections before a small maintenance droid flew past him and the woman very loudly voiced her disapproval.


>Normally, having a woman fall in front of him completely tied up would remind him of the kind of books he'd have gotten in trouble for if he had at school, but it was the farthest thing from his mind as she dangled in front of him and struggled...Instead, he adopted a confused and inquisitive expression.


Were you...chasing the maintenance bot?

>Was that why she'd got caught up in the vents? What did she even want the tiny little thing for?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543068

File: 1525358932646.png (404.27 KB, 441x559, well shit.png)

>>41543067
Eh-?
>the girl paused as she heard a voice, not having noticed Jesse's presence until just now
>she stared at him a raised eyebrow, but quickly gained a slightly more defensive look on her face
Yeah? Whot's it to ya!
>she then growled, still struggling against the wiring surrounding her
Oi can't believe that lil' tossuh tricked me!

Aftuh all Oi've taught him, this is whot he goes and does!

Of all th' lousiest, cheapest, slimiest tricks in the book-!
>she lets out another frustrated growl, violently flailing her arms and legs
>and only serving to get herself even more tangled up than she already was
>she finally lets her head fall back with a defeated sigh
Today just... isn' my day...

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543069

File: 1525359010345.png (1.03 MB, 1043x768, Thoughtful.png)

>>41543024

>The path had little to no interest to Merik, as he continued to stride along between Faline and Carmilla. More than that, he was glad that the lantern was doing the job of keeping the place illuminated instead of him having to do it...But something finally grasped his attention when they came to the larger cavern.


>In particular, it was the larger claw marks. Cave formations being natural or no was nothing that a Saiyan would ever care about...But something like that? Now we're talking. Merik broke formation and walked over to the hefty marks, running his hand against their indent in the stone. How impressive, that a creature could create such a place with their bare hands! It was only when Carmilla named the perpetrator that Merik spoke up.


...and what is a Wurm?

>His blood was boiling but...it felt...slightly wrong. He wanted the fight, he wanted to see what a creature with these kinds of claws could do, the kind of power that they'd have but...Their journey, could he afford to sidetrack? To distract himself? They had ran from the wendigos before, as much as he disliked it, if they encountered such a beast aside from that now, would it not be better to run once more? The desire, the want for battle...Would it really serve him well?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543070

File: 1525359243279.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41543057
>Bolone was all ready to head on out, Shuuja's gratitude a nice way to signify that the crisis was over and that he didn't have to worry now
>but as he turned to head out, Shuuja's question stopped him, and he looked back to her with a slightly confused expression

...?

>if she was expecting him to understand what she meant, she'd probably be a bit disappointed


I...thought we just confirmed what the secret was?

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543071

File: 1525359590291.jpg (28.13 KB, 285x458, Comeonthen.jpg)

>>41543068

>Jesse was taken aback by the immediate defensivenss, but her answers just raised even further questions. Teaching the bot? It tricked her? As far as he knew of the maintenance droids, they just kinda...maintained. The most he'd ever seen was one cleaning up his ship, and doing a pretty good job of it too.


> Either way, as much as he was going to question it, watching her flail even more and get completely tied up in the wires, complete with watching her slump in resignation, Jesse sighed. Weirdness about her relationship with the droids aside, he couldn't just leave her hanging up there.


Look, whether it's anything to do with me or not, I can get you down from there. Just need you to hold still for a little bit while I cut the wires...

>He pulled his beam saber off of his belt and ignited it, the deep red blade bursting into life as he looked up at the wires thoughtfully. They were probably important, now that he thought about it...Hopefully not too important though because he wasn't going to sit there and untangle all day. Holding the blade levelly in both hands, he looked back to the suspended young woman.


Please try not to move. It's probably going to hurt really badly if I hit you with this.

>And that was an estimate at best...

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543073

File: 1525360416610.png (350.19 KB, 500x500, watching.png)

>>41543071
>the girl didn't make much of a reaction when Jesse offered to cut her down from her current predicament
>she wasn't so prideful that she couldn't accept the help of another, but her ego had already been bruised by the tiny maintenance droid
Yeah, yeah, sure...
>she gave as a halfhearted answer, only lifting her head slightly to look at Jesse
-!?!
>and whatever the hell that was
Wh-Whot in Vertigo's dungeon IS THAT THING!?
>she flinched at the burning red saber, squirming slightly in the wires at the sight of it
Oi thought yew said yew were gonna cut these things, not BURN 'em!

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543075

File: 1525361684877.png (247.75 KB, 399x358, Huh.png)

>>41543073

>...Okay, that was definitely an uncommon reaction. Jesse blinked as she reacted in shock at the sight of the beam saber, before he looked back at it himself. It...seemed fine, there wasn't any issue with the blade, and the emitter was humming along as it should be...Jesse turned back to the suspended woman


...It's just a beam saber. It doesn't burn properly anyway, it's more like a superheated contained beam of plasma which acts like a blade, it's not exactly an uncommon piece of techno...

>Jesse seems to trail off, she didn't really know what it was, never mind going into the precise specifics...Which in of itself was curious.


You've never seen something like this before?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543077

File: 1525361968979.png (404.27 KB, 441x559, well shit.png)

>>41543075
>Jesse's scientific mumbo jumbo was met with a very lost and confused stare by the girl
>she frowned, still eying the beam saber with a suspicious leer
Looks loike a fancy torch t' me!

...though it doesn' really act loike one...

>the light coming from it certainly made her think of fire, but it definitely wasn't acting like any fire she'd seen before

Yew... say that's a sword...?
>she sounded very doubtful, but still a little curious over this weapon she had never seen before

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543078

File: 1525362745428.png (720.6 KB, 687x597, Uhhhh.png)

>>41543077

>Yeah, the technospeak hadn't exactly landed home, and clearly she wasn't that convinced by something she didn't really get. Jesse was about to spring into another explanation when-


<"that's a sword...?"


>It was a basic explanation but...essentially correct. Jesse nodded, the confused expression breaking way for a small smile.


Yeah, basically. It's like a sword, but better since it can cut through metal because of how hot it is...There's not a lot that this thing can't cut!

>Jesse said, with more than a hint of pride. The materials that could withstand it were few and far between, when another Beam Saber wasn't being used but he wasn't about to mention that there were weaknesses when somebody didn't really know what one was anyway.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543079

File: 1525363198349.png (353.08 KB, 500x500, dont know.png)

>>41543078
>the girl still eyed Jesse with some degree of doubt, glancing between him and the beam saber in his hand
>for as long as she'd been alive, she had never seen anything quite like it... but it didn't look all that impressive
>the glow was certainly pretty to look at, but could that thing really cut through anything?
>he said it was because of heat, which made some sense to her, but that's about where it ended
Well then, if yew say so...
>she leaned back slightly, holding out her arms to try and stretch the wires as much as she could, and make a big enough target out of them for Jesse
Let's see whot ya torch's got!

Cut me down from 'ere already, will ya mate?

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543080

File: 1525364505329.jpg (52.91 KB, 446x403, HAVEATTHEEFIEND.jpg)

>>41543079

Roger that!

>Torch indeed...Jesse readied the blade and looked at the taught wires. Hopefully they wouldn't actually be connected to anything massively useful...But even if it was, it was probably more important to cut personnel down first. Jesse hopped into the air, took careful aim at the wires and with one single, clean cut, they separated, and the young woman fell to the floor in time with Jesse landing in front of her. It would have been incredibly cool if it had been a fight, and not him cutting wires.


>Roll 1d10 = 7


>If Evens, she falls to the ground without incident, Jesse turns back around to her, deactivating the beam saber and maintaining that proud expression.


Told you it could cut anything.

>If odds, Jesse had managed to cut something important, and instead of a nice clean solution, the corridor that the pair of them are in goes dark, as some of the light fixtures turn off. Jesse stays still for a few moments, before he sighs, deactivating the beam saber.


Damnit...

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543081

File: 1525365160398.png (457.18 KB, 1280x1255, too cute for school.png)

>>41543080
>thwump!

>the girl's landing hadn't been quite as elegant as Jesse's, simply dropping down like a bag of potatoes onto the floor

>not that it seemed to bother her much as she quickly sat up to pry the wires off of her
...?
>only to stop once the lights shut down, lowering the visibility by quite a lot
...

...

>the girl blinked, looking down at the wires around her

...do yew think it had anyfin' to do with these?
>she asked, finding the timing of the events a bit too suspicious to not be connected
>but it wasn't her problem, so she quickly stood up to her feet and short stature, grinning wildly with that badly beaten face of hers
Thanks a lot, mate!

Would've taken me 'ours t' chew through those vines myself!

That's thing's actually pretty-
>she looks down at his weapon, pausing as she blinked
Eh!?

H-Hey, where did it go?
>she leaned forward to check on the stubby device
>there was no way a blade that big could've fit in there!

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543082

File: 1525366050853.png (623.54 KB, 668x591, Thinking.png)

>>41543081

I...uh...

>Jesse tried to play it off, and had an excuse at the ready, but fortunately the woman didn't really seem to mind all that much, as he turned back to face her smiling, and somewhat grubby looking face. She was awfully short too...But either way, she seemed pretty cheerful, even if the comment about chewing through the wires was...worrying.


>Once again though, his thought process was interrupted by her, this time about the curiosity with his weapon. He looked down at the emitter as she spoke. Oh yeah, if she'd never seen a beam saber before, then she wouldn't know...Jesse clipped it back onto his belt and patted the hilt.


It retracts into the emitter. Since it's only plasma it doesn't actually have any mass so-uh...Well, it's not actually made of metal, so it doesn't weigh anything, and you can just make it pop out.

>That...should be simple enough? Jesse shifted uncomfortably as he tried to explain it. The simpler terms didn't escape him but...Well, she looked about the same age as him and he hated it when things were dumbed down for him.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543083

File: 1525366563619.png (904.83 KB, 1280x545, dont even try.png)

>>41543082
Eh?
>the girl blinked, quickly looking back at Jesse
Then 'ow did it do that?
>she pointed a thumb back at the cut wires, clearly confused
>the idea of something cutting without an actual blade was clearly being rather difficult to wrap her head around
Wait... yew mentioned-... uhhh... "plasma", roight?

Is that some koinda magic fire or somethin'?
>she still seemed interested in the weapon, even after Jesse had stored it back on its hilt
>he could see the wheels trying to slowly move in her head the more she stared at the emitter, but the beam saber went against so much of what she knew about weaponry that they weren't really moving anywhere
>she'd seen how fire and even light itself could be harnessed and fashioned into devastating weapons, but this "plasma" acted like nothing she had ever seen before

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543084

File: 1525369079701.png (268.99 KB, 506x381, Whatisthis.png)

>>41543083

>Ah geez he'd just made it worse...Last thing he wanted was for anyone to start thinking it was magic. Jesse scratched the back of his head as he thought of how to explain it...She had the building blocks, but didn't know how to put them together...He could take what she'd said and work off of it though.


>He shook his head as he looked back down at the beam saber, before turning back to her, seemingly having put an explanation together.


It's not magic fire...But it's close to fire? Fire doesn't weigh anything, and this is like that...I can press a button and it makes it come out. Because plasma's special, you don't have to worry about it going out of control like fire, it just stays in the shape of the sword.

>Was that better? Jesse clearly hadn't quite mastered trying to explain it like this either. The technical side was so much easier to understand...

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543085

File: 1525369741091.png (1.79 MB, 1280x1362, nasty plot.png)

>>41543084
>the girl listened quite intently at Jesse's explanation, actually making an effort to follow along
>not that it was very successful, but at least she was trying
>this "plasma" thing had the same properties as fire, but without the unpredictable nature of it
>harnessing plasma allowed someone to use it as a sword, and perhaps other weapons as well!
>that was awesome!
Wow!
>she exclaimed, clearly rather amazed by the small weapon
>her eyes nearly sparkled with excitement, the girl even hopping once as she looked back at Jesse
That's sounds incredible!

Oi'd love t' give one'a these things a try myself!

Where can Oi get some plasma? Is it somethin' yew need to dig or whot?
>she could probably ask Asterio to build something simple for her, just to get used to the feel of the weapon

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543086

>>41543070
>She shook her head, realizing she'd been vague. Gesturing to him with an off wave of the hand, she just seemed... lost.
"How do you do it, Bolone, what's that secret?"
>She said, still trying to turn it over in her head. it was honestly inconceivable to her how he managed to stay upbeat. Walking back through the ship, she gestured through the air, her hands turning like the gears in her head as she searched for the words. The universal translator spell she had didn't work great if your language didn't have words for what you were trying to say.
"How are you so... helpful? You should, by all rights, despise me. You seem to have enough love in you to help anyone..."
>She said, furrowing her brow.
"You don't seem to want repayment, or any sort of reward for helping people... How do you do it? How do you care so much?"
>She asked, looking at him in wonder, and slight befuddlement. it wasn't something she'd ever gotten to ask a Pink.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543089

File: 1525395806038.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41543086

Oh.

>he probably should've figured that's what she meant

>Shuuja's question left Bolone a bit befuddled for a moment, trying to think of how to best word what he had in mind

...well, I mean...it's not like I'm perfect. Even I have my limits.

People can get on my bad side...pretty easily, actually...

>Shuuja herself was proof of that, not that Bolone was about to say that


But what makes me still do this, I guess...

>he kept it to himself, but he thought back to that one pivotal night

>all alone in the desert, with only the stars above to keep him company...

I just remind myself that no one really wants to be alone. And that when people lash out at others, it's always based on something more than just fear or hate.

And you have to look past that to really connect with people.

>he paused after that, then gave a small shrug and a half-smile


You kinda have to really want to do this job to be good at it, I find.

It's nowhere near as easy as it sounds.

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543090

File: 1525400778433.png (53.4 KB, 277x268, 1442955513038.png)

>>41543069
>Walking up next to him, Carmilla explains as she inspects the claw marks herself.

A Wurm is a type of dragon associated with the element of earth. Not the brightest among dragon kind by a long shot but they make up for their lack of smarts with raw unstoppable power.

Once a Wurm gets going, there hasn't been a force found on this planet yet that's been able to stop them. They're a living breathing juggernaut, they probably carved out this whole room in a couple of hours...

>Faline grumbles as she moves her lantern about the cave.


I didn't think a Wurm would live out here, they don't really care for the cold. But I guess with the geothermal activity in these caves, it's more then warm enough to call it home...

I'd rather not stumble into one and have them accuse us of invading their territory.


>From behind the three, the sound of something large drags itself across the gravel floor...

FleetwoodCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543109

>>41543089
>Shuuja wasn't a stranger to love. She'd done it, still did it. She made a conscious decision, every day to put up with Sabot's shit, and she loved him enough to keep his crystal around... but she'd never had that warm fuzzy feeling with literally anybody else. Everyone else was just... sex. Mutual satiation of lust. She felt nothing for Bolone other than a bit of regret, and a bit of annoyance. Shaking her head, she chuckled.
"Wasn't expecting a pink to have a bad side. Thought you were supposed to look good from every angle."
>She said, getting to the loading ramp. She stopped there, leaning on one of the support pillars.
"Anyway, I'm glad you understand. I'm trying to be better... I just happened to stumble onto a grudge, and let it get the better of me."
>She seemed to be rethinking her decision to show him her past, but what was done was done. She just hoped her trust wasn't misplaced.
"I'll do right by you Bolone if you do right by me. Deal?"

Jesse Masell!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543118

File: 1525439096505.png (247.75 KB, 399x358, Huh.png)

>>41543085

>Just when he thought he'd finally managed to get through to her the awesomeness of his weapon, it took a hard right into another misunderstanding. Jesse's face which had slowly evolved into a smile with the young woman's enthusiasm and the cute little hop quickly turned back into another alarmed and mildly confused frown.


It's...not like a metal or anything, the plasma...

>And once again, Jesse faltered. There was no way he could think to explain this simply. The power cells would create the conditions for plasma when heated, and the plasma would be funnelled into the specially modified crystal which would turn it into the beam of energy, leading the emitter matrix to magnetise it and keep it in place once it had passed through the blade emitter, which did what it said on the tin.


...Uhh. You'd need to find the right kind of power source to make it and it's pretty advanced stuff...I think you could just buy one though.

>Or steal it, if you were Jesse.


>But his caught off guard ramblings aside, enough of his curiosity had finally been piqued. It was...strange that someone lacked such a knowledge of this kind of technology. Blasters were a dime a dozen in this day and age, and especially for someone who found themselves on a Cybertronian ship...So, why didn't she know?


What kind of swords do they have back on your home planet?

>He probed forward, she seemed to understand the concept of a sword well enough, maybe he'd get a rough idea on what else she knew about if she could answer that.

Merik!Ren/VL7f/QCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543119

File: 1525440460327.png (887.23 KB, 945x768, Angry.png)

>>41543090

>And the more Carmilla described the Wurm, the more that Merik found himself growing shamefully excited. Powerful, unstoppable, a juggernaut of force that had managed to completely create an underground dome under its own power...And what would it be like to fight? A contest of his own strength against its...Who would come out the victor...?


>But that was wrong. It was wrong for him to fight in this instance. He would just be wasting time in the search to alleviate Fenra's suffering, to fix her, and fix Galanga. That was the reason he was out here, was it not? And if he were to disregard his duty, even for a moment, even for the chance of battle...A battle that he had no guarantee of winning. A battle where his own strength may yet fail him, as it had with the doctor...


>Faline's words were lost on him as he simply stared forward at the marks without really seeing them, or seeing anything else really. Inside, the war was raging on. Battlelust and the joy of combat against his dedication to Fenra and Galanga, and the flickering fires of doubt. So completely deadened was he, that no sounds reached his ears, and anything dragging itself along the ground behind them was completely lost.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543121

File: 1525445072083.png (2.1 MB, 1280x1657, celebration.png)

>>41543118
>the girl patiently waited as Jesse tried to comb through his thoughts
>halfway through she'd blink, her head tilting quizzically to the side slightly as she muttered:
..."buy"...?
>but before she could really question it, Jesse posed her a question
>and she grinned rather proudly, reaching behind her
Oh, we got all sorts'a swords!

Big ones, small ones, curved... uhh...
>her hand grasped at nothing, her own sword clearly not where she figured it'd be
Eh...?
>she looked over her shoulder, only now noticing the lack of a sword there
Augh! Must've dropped it somewhere...!
>she looked up at the hole in the ceiling, then at Jesse with an apologetic smirk
Gimme a second, 'K? Oi'll be back in a minute!
>the girl then jumped up, grabbing hold of the cables to climb upwards towards the hole in the ceiling (her skirted robes not hiding much of anything)
>she vanished back into the dark hole, the sound of her scurrying echoing faintly before coming to a slow stop
>there was silence for a few longer seconds before the scurrying resumed upstairs, along with loud metal scraping, followed by-
>KLUNK!
>a massive black blade dropped down from the hole, landing perfectly on its tip with enough weight and force to pierce the floor and remain standing upright
>to call such a thing a sword would be difficult, as even for a double-handed weapon this thing looked too long and too thick to be of usage to anyone
>and once the girl dropped down next to it, it only served to strengthen the ridiculousness of the sword: from top to bottom, the sword was just as tall as its wielder
And this is my sword!
>she confidently exclaimed, motioning towards the black surfboard she was calling a sword with all the pride one would over a trophy
>the sword itself was every bit as scarred and battered as its owner, yet still kept a surprisingly sharp edge
>it wasn't the prettiest thing to look at, and the hilt had clearly been broken and repaired various times, often with nothing but some straps and spit, only further adding to the image that this was nothing more than a big rock slapped onto a hilt and called a "sword"
>there was only one marking on the blade that resembled some kind of aesthetic preference, still visible despite the numerous cuts along the face: a crudely drawn Tyrannosaurus Rex breathing fire from its mouth

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543123

File: 1525445984015.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41543109
>Bolone gave a light chuckle at Shuuja's initial remark

Like I said, I'm not perfect.

>he followed her towards the entrance to the ship, stopping when she did

>he could understand that she was trying, and that it wasn't like she was going to change overnight
>so her request wasn't one he was about to refuse or anything like that

That's all I could ask for, Shuuja.

Lukas Prestridge!pR.BaFF/ukCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543133

File: 1525456032901.jpg (37.5 KB, 489x467, tumblr_n9zr59ltOl1sie3fdo2_500…)

>>41542759
>Hadn't 'turned', huh? So this pain really was the corruption that he was feeling. It was such a sharp, delicate yet insatiable and all-consuming feeling, pushing ever deeper slowly, but surely - yet the AI seemed surprised at the lack of speed. Was it truly meant to spread more rapidly than this? The wound was in his abdomen, just beneath and perhaps piercing into the bottom of his right lung, he couldn't quite tell, but he knew it wasn't yet near his heart.

Hah... one's humanity is a poorly defined -*cough!* ... concept. Do my abilities make me more... or less human?

>It was difficult to concentrate, not with the throbbing headache brought on by the constant sensory information of raw, existential pain that was bursting through his mind like wildfire, but not so difficult as to prevent him from gathering a small around of force around his bonds.

<...*Crack.!*
<*Shatter!*
>Small blasts radiated around him in a pulse that tore apart the portions of the bed that held him down, immediately reaching up to clutch his head in pain from the exertion, slowly sitting up and opening his eyes fully, if with a twitch or two. Lukas's gaze drifted toward Rachel's flickering form, a near-dead amount of seriousness in them.

Is there any -*cough!* ... any quartz aboard? Herkimer diamond, ametrine, aventurine, prasiolite...? I require it. Urgently.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543179

File: 1525544704190.jpg (27.66 KB, 456x552, Mahou-sensei-negima-335635.jpg)

>with things at least a little bit better between him and Shuuja, Bolone resumed his brief trip to the Gran Lazuli to check in on the Gems
>he doubted that even if he told Peridot what Shuuja had said that it'd do anything to make them want to come back
>and knowing what little he did of Peridot's personality, he doubted she'd even believe him
>or perhaps she'd think he'd turned on them and was now siding with their enemy
>so he'd have to handle this very delicately if he wanted to avoid a situation from erupting

>as he usually did, he stopped out in front of the Gran Lazuli, his body aglow with his pink energy

>he then flew about back and forth, trying to signal to let him in

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543180

File: 1525545158075.png (273.27 KB, 640x360, why are you doing that.png)

>>41543179
>it didn't take long for the Gran Lazuli to open its windows and allow the Lantern entry
>surprisingly, Peridot was win the bridge and allowing him inside this time, after being so careful last time not to allow anyone there
>as Bolone made his approach, he'd find the Peridot with a curious look on her face, a raised eyebrow in wait to ask him:
Why don't you call first before visiting?

If nobody's by a window, you'd be stuck flying in space for hours.
>she only really sounded confused, her posture still rather inviting to him

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543181

File: 1525546287409.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41543180
>Bolone floated into the Gran Lazuli as easily as walking, stopping in front of Peridot with a chipper smile on his face

Well, once I get bored or hungry I'd probably do that.

Otherwise...

>he trailed off after a moment, then adopted a more embarrassed look


OK, so I didn't really...consider that...

>quick to salvage his already-shaky reputation, Bolone was quick to change the subject


H-How're things with you, Peridot?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543182

File: 1525546689411.png (276.56 KB, 640x363, sitting.png)

>>41543181
>Peridot quickly shut the window once Bolone made his entrance
>turning to him she gave a slight shrug in response
Same as usual, I suppose.

Nothing much has changed around here since last time, and I know the others are starting to get antsy about it.

>she wandered over to the captain's chair, but only leaned against the steering wheel

I've been monitoring the surrounding area in search of a nearby planet or planetoid just so they can stretch their legs, but it needs to be at a right enough distance so we don't stray too far from the Lost Light.

Until he sail past somewhere like that, they just have to hold it in...
>she didn't sound particularly happy with the situation as usual, but knew there wasn't much she could do to change it
>so changing the subject to get her off those thoughts was a good enough idea
How are things with you?

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543183

File: 1525546812923.jpg (291.31 KB, 380x400, tumblr_inline_mxhexrwC7b1rf8dw…)

>>41542570

>As Emily speaks to her, Rei stares down at her with an almost... no, not dispassionate. Awkward, but in an odd way.


No. Only half.

>After loading Emily into the car, Rei glances away, staring into the briefly irritated stare of Misato. She turns back to Emily, letting out the most awkward "laugh" the injured nurse had ever heard.


Ha.

>>41542665

>Nodding, Rei turns away again, watching Grind drop to the ground with a loud metallic crash as weakened metal strained under him momentarily.


>>41542685

>Grind waves up as they enter the shuttle, easily tapping into comms.


Kid, get down here. Rescue services are on their way and we've gotta move.

>>41542673

>As they arrive in the shuttle, Grind makes a point of staying near Jinx.


Steady, Jinx. You'll be out of this soon. Hell, I'll recommend you for some medal if I can get Magnus' ear. Probably owes me a favor by now.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543185

File: 1525547853615.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41543182
>Bolone winced sympathetically at Peridot's plight, wishing he had an answer for her
>he could certainly understand the others getting antsy, especially in a smaller ship that didn't seem to be designed for comfort
>still, for now Peridot's idea was all that could really work

>when the question was turned on him, he hesitated and stumbled a bit when he spoke


W-Well, you know, nothing major...

...aside from speaking to her again...

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543186

File: 1525548180009.png (253.18 KB, 640x360, please put that away.png)

>>41543185
>at the mention of her, Peridot's already grumpy expression turned even grumpier
>the last thing she needed right now was being reminded of that monstrous ox
I bet that was a riveting conversation...
>she rolled her eyes, not even trying to hide the contempt in her voice
>climbing onto her chair, she leaned against the armrest with a slight frown on her face
Is that why you came here?
>she wasn't annoyed at him, but it was clear that she really wasn't looking forward to talking about any issue pertaining Shuuja
>except perhaps her immediate launch into space...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543187

File: 1525549601641.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41543186
>Bolone winced again at Peridot's reaction, even while he was expecting it

No, I was actually coming here to tell you what the Captain said. I just ran into her on the way...

>figuring it'd be best to start from there, Bolone started "sitting" in the air as he began explaining


I told the Captain what had happened, and she said she'd talk to Shuuja and make it clear she wasn't going to tolerate it.

She really wasn't happy about what she did to Ruby in particular...

>he paused, frowning anxiously as he thought about that conversation that was sure to happen

>even with being on better terms with Shuuja, knowing her temper...

...so as I was coming to see you, Shuuja pulled me aside to try and make amends.

She said she was...well, scared of you and what the Gems could do, and that was what made her react the way she did.

She knows it doesn't justify any of it, but she did want me to tell you she's sorry.

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543188

File: 1525550355519.png (254.22 KB, 640x360, why do I even bother.png)

>>41543187
>"She said she was...well, scared of you and what the Gems could do..."
>Peridot scoffed rather loudly at this, grumbling:
Truly there is no more frightening force than a grumpy factory worker and a curious artist.
>she rolled her eyes, clearly far from interested in giving Shuuja a single bit of forgiveness
If she's serious about any of this - which I sincerely doubt - then she'll stay far away from me and my family!

I'd much rather the captain of your ship just toss her overboard, but if she can strap on some sort of leash on her it would be an acceptable outcome...
>she paused, rubbing her chin as she muttered to herself
Perhaps installing a chip on her to be detected by a proximity alarm of some sort... that's not a bad idea actually...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543189

File: 1525551087735.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41543188
>Bolone considered saying something about how he thought of throwing Shuuja overboard himself, but given what that idle thought resulted in he opted not to

Honestly, I don't know what she's thinking...

But I trust that she knows what she's doing.

>he had to, even with how impossibly indestructible Shuuja seemed to be

>but what was more important now was improving the mood, which Bolone tried to do with a shaky smile

But, hey, now you know she's not going to try and come in here!

So one less thing to worry about, right?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543190

File: 1525551799474.png (213.68 KB, 640x360, leave me to my games.png)

>>41543189
>Peridot's eyes narrow at Bolone
That implies I believe her, which I've already stated I don't.

I'm not letting my guard down for a single second until I know for certain I can do something to protect Lapis and my daughters from that beast!

>she crossed her arms, clearly only growing more aggravated with the conversation

>but she let out a sigh, her expression growing more tired
Until then, the only person I can really trust is you...

...well, also Jet and Fleetwood, but only because of how non-threatening the two are.

>she paused again, taking a moment to think as she stared at Bolone

...

You can fly just about anywhere with that ring of yours, right?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543191

File: 1525552878459.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41543190
>well, that seemed to be that
>Peridot was going to remain stressed about this until all possibilities were accounted for
>not that Bolone could necessarily blame her, given even he wasn't completely sure of Shuuja's self-control
>but better to just let this go before Peridot's mood worsened

-?

>luckily she already had a subject to switch to, prompting Bolone to look at his ring in slight confusion, then back up to her


Just about anywhere, yeah.

>he paused, then tilted his head, seeming to understand where she was going


You want me to take you guys somewhere?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543192

File: 1525553368757.png (251.07 KB, 640x360, I have a question.png)

>>41543191
Not all of us. That would be too risky.
>Peridot quickly answered, straightening up in her chair

Ruby and I are perfectly adapted to withstand years inside limited environments such as ships or factories.

We're pretty much designed for this, so we don't feel quite as "trapped" by having to remain aboard the Gran Lazuli...
>she let out a small sigh
It's Daisy and Lapis that are struggling the most...

As much as they've been trying to act strong, I can see the past month has been very difficult on them, physically and psychologically.

So...
>she smiled a bit awkwardly at Bolone
If it's not too much to ask for...

A smaller group would have a much lesser chance of being spotted.

If you could take Lapis and Daisy somewhere, just for a few hours or a day, and make sure they stay safe... it'd be a real help to all of us!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543193

File: 1525555025357.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41543192
>Bolone blinked once at Peridot's request, just a little surprised by it
>but he smiled widely shortly thereafter, naturally having no problem with it at all

I can do that easily!

>he floated a bit closer to Peridot after this, laying on his side rather casually while he kept speaking


Was there anywhere specific you wanted me to take them?

And are you sure you don't want to come along?

>his mood had jumped up considerably, Peridot's innocent request having had a surprising effect on him

>just seeing how much she cared about her family and the lengths she was willing to go to for something nice for them was a wonderful thing to see

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543194

File: 1525555887985.png (204.92 KB, 640x363, the wonders of technology.png)

>>41543193
>Peridot's mood seemed to pick up as well once Bolone agreed to help
Great!

I can't tell you how grateful I am for this, Bolone!

>she turned the chair to face the console in front of her, reaching forward to tap away at it

>at Bolone's question, she was quick to shake her head
We'll be fine, you don't need to worry.

Someone has to stay behind and keep the Gran Lazuli safe anyway.

>eventually, a large monitor emerged from the ceiling to reveal a large star map of the surrounding area

>the image then focused on a specific planet at quite a bit of distance
I was thinking this planet.

It seems to be composed of mostly water-based oceans with only a few large landmasses, which is perfect for them!

I also don't detect any transmissions coming from it, so there's a good chance it's completely uninhabited.

Do you think your ring could make it there?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543195

File: 1525557369776.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41543194
>Bolone hovered up to the monitor to study the planet in question, humming as he examined it
>he remembered passing over the planet on the way to the Lost Light once or twice, but never stopped to examine it further
>for basically the same reason Peridot pointed out - it was uninhabited, so why bother?

It'd take a little bit of time, but certainly!

>he then floated back down to Peridot's level, looking pretty eager to set off already


I can go right now if you want me to!

>he looked back at the elevator leading to the rest of the ship


So where are the lucky ones?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543199

File: 1525558844862.png (240.57 KB, 640x360, what does it do.png)

>>41543195
>Peridot's mood only picked up further at the confirmation
Wonderful!

>she quickly hopped out of the chair, already walking over to the elevator

Let's see... they should probably be in the art room, but I can't be certain.

It shouldn't take too long to find them anyway.
>she tapped her chin, waiting for Bolone to enter the elevator
Maybe I should also take the time to prepare Daisy some food...
>as soon as the Lantern did so, the elevator would close shut and open right after only a few seconds on their desired floor
>Peridot began walking, only taking a few seconds before the door arrived near her tot eh art room (indicated as such by the helpful "art room" label stuck onto the door)

>the art room wasn't anything special by itself, as it was originally nothing more than a very large and entirely empty room with no discernible purpose to it beyond storage

>but there were so many other rooms like that already that they weren't hard-pressed for storage space, so setting aside a room solely for Lapis, Daisy and Ruby to let their imaginations run free wasn't a difficult choice to make

>and run free they did, as the large room had nearly every wall, along with the floor and ceiling painted in as much colors as possible

>there were several sheets of paper strewn about, along with some finished paintings already taped to the wall
>there were plenty other artistic tools such as clay, scissors, buckets of water, as well as a few pile of random junk picked up from their travels that could be used whichever way they wanted

>Daisy tapped the large brush on her chin, making her already messy painted face even messier with the purple paint still on the brush

>she found herself staring at a strange creation of an old beaten up rocking horse planted on a vase that had been painted purple, and given a very fluffy hat
Does this say "the struggle of modern comfort versus the longing of a traditionally simple life" to you?
>she asked the small red Ruby scribbling on a blank piece of paper

>Ruby blinked, looking over at the horse statue for a moment

...needs more purple on the horse.

>Daisy snapped her fingers

Duuh! That's so obvious! How did I miss that!
>she chuckled, quickly starting to use the brush to paint the horse
>only to stop and blink, noticing the green and violets shapes by the door
Oh! Mom! Bolone! Hi!

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543213

File: 1525561404657.png (724.62 KB, 1920x1090, Alone_at_Sea_114.png)

>>41543199
>Bolone waved cheerily at Daisy after she greeted them, but opted to keep quiet so Peridot could reveal the good news herself

>Lapis seemed just as creatively busy herself, humming with a furrowed brow as she examined her creation

>she had about six of the water buckets set to herself, and was manipulating the water as she always did to make a particular shape
>one of the buckets was producing a simple fountain of water, while the other five formed into streams that kept changing shapes
>first they were flowers that seemed to be wilting
>then they were humanoid shapes, which were reaching up to the fountain, their visible faces twisted into agonized expressions
>then long spikes descended from the fountain, aimed at the human shapes

.....

>Lapis sighed and waved her hand, the water all returning to their buckets with a light splash

>it was by that point that Peridot and Bolone appeared, and she turned to look at them with a slightly surprised look
>but that quickly faded, as she approached them with a slightly tired but gentle smile

Hello Bolone. Hi Peri.

>she paused after this, looking between the two briefly, and her pleasant looked turned to a slightly worried one

>given what usually came about when Bolone showed up, she had to wonder if something related to that woman had happened again

Is everything alright...?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543216

File: 1525562174024.png (298.35 KB, 640x360, quite proud of myself.png)

>>41543213
>Peridot grinned widely, waving at Daisy and Ruby, then turning to Lapis
>she hopped over to the other Gem, quickly grabbing her hands with a very cheery disposition
Everything's just fine, Lapis.

Better than fine, even!

>her grin only grew

Because I have quite the surprise in store for all of you!

Surprise!?
>Daisy quickly jumped up with excitement

Oooh, I like surprises~!

>Peridot chuckled a bit, squeezing Lapis's hand slightly

I know these past few months haven't been... easy for any of you.

Not just from everything that's happened, but also because of having to stay inside the Gran Lazuli for so long...

Well it's about time you all get some time off from this stuffy old ship!

>she motioned at the Lantern

Bolone agreed to escort you to a nearby uninhabited planet for the rest of the day!

You can finally take the time to relax under an actual atmosphere!

>Daisy gasped loudly, quickly hopping in place

WOO-HOOO~! VACATIOOON~!

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543237

File: 1525566148054.png (939.88 KB, 1920x1090, Gem_Harvest_072.png)

>>41543216
>Bolone gave a wide grin at Daisy's reaction, giving a cheesy thumbs-up in turn

All expenses paid and travel is the best around!

Just say the word and we'll be ready to go!


>while the idea of getting out of the ship for a bit was definitely an appealing one for Lapis - desperately so, considering how long she'd been on it - a part of her still worried

>and despite Peridot assuring her everything was fine, she wore a look of disbelief and concern on her face
>partially not believing that this was finally happening, and partially wondering if something was still amiss
>so, not wanting to alarm Ruby or Daisy, she leaned closer and whispered to Peridot, while gently squeezing her hands

Peridot, are you sure this is OK?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543243

File: 1525567505230.png (266 KB, 640x360, am I cute.png)

>>41543237
>Peridot blinked, a bit surprised by Lapis's question
>but she still gave her a happy smile, reaching up with her hand to Lapis's cheek
I know, I know, but trust me on this, Lapis.

With the Gran Lazuli we're too big and flashy of a target, but if you just go with Bolone to some empty planet then the likelihood of being found out are utterly minuscule!


>she lowered her hand, grabbing Lapis's again with another squeeze

I just... want you to enjoy this, alright?

I know things have been hard lately, and I haven't exactly helped a whole lot...


>she leans forward with a small sigh, pressing her forehead against Lapis's

You deserve to spread your wings again, Lapis...

I just know everything will be fine.


>meanwhile, Daisy and Ruby just hopped over to Bolone

Does that mean we get to travel in a bubble!? I've always wanted to travel in a bubble!

Carmilla Cronqvist!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543245

File: 1525567973721.png (1 MB, 700x1006, Jade1.png)

>>41543119
>Though Merik was lost in his own little world, Carmilla and Faline heard the noise behind them. They quickly turned around to see the towering form of the wurm behind them.

Who dares enter my home?

>A booming voice came from her large tone frame, standing tall on her huge thick serpentine tail. Most of her body was covered in heavy looking dark green scales, but her human-like torso had her front nearly completely exposed which showed off the shapeliness of her figure...

>Both women were quite concerned to be caught in a situation like this and Faline was slowly reaching for her gun to--

You wouldn't happen to be... the piano repairmen right?

>The innocently asked question by the wurm cut the tension in the cave as both girls looked at her dumbfounded.


What?
What?

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543248

File: 1525569336957.png (1.02 MB, 1920x1090, Same_Old_World_129.png)

>>41543243
>Bolone blinked in surprise when both Daisy and Ruby crowded him, though he was quick to answer, even with the slightly awkward smile he had

Y-Yeah, exactly! We'll be travelling pretty fast, though.

The stars will go by so fast they'll look like blurs!


>Lapis seemed to relax a bit more as Peridot reassured her that this was going to be fine, actually letting out a sigh when her forehead pressed against hers

>she couldn't help but feel grateful almost to the point of tears for this
>not only was she going to get to fly and see wide open space again, but this was happening because Peridot put that thought forward and was arranging this for her
>it meant so much to her that words couldn't describe it

>but after a moment of thought, and recognizing the wording Peridot used, Lapis pulled back slightly and tilted her head


But...does this mean you aren't coming?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543250

File: 1525570874368.png (273.72 KB, 640x360, its alright.png)

>>41543248
>Peridot blinked again, secretly having hoped Lapis wouldn't have figured that a big enough deal to speak up about
Someone has to stay behind on the ship, and I'm the one who's least affected by cramped spaces, s-so...
>she gave Lapis a bit of an awkward grin and a shrug
I'll be fine Lapis! This is about you and the girls!

Some day we'll be able to explore a brand new planet, all four of us! I promise!

>she quickly leaned forward, placing a quick peck atop Lapis's lips
So just make due with this for now and enjoy it for the both of us, alright?

>Daisy and Ruby let out impressed "oooohs", but Daisy quickly scoffed

C'mon Bolone, we can handle a little speed! You should see how fast Ruby can spin me on the fancy chairs!

I can make Daisy lose her lunch in just five seconds!
>Ruby proudly added

>Daisy hopped excitedly closer to Bolone

Can ya bubble me now? Can ya can ya can ya!?

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543252

File: 1525571536741.jpg (96.01 KB, 1920x1080, maxresdefault (1).jpg)

Areanu had to consider herself fortunate, really, all things considered.

The draenei had been in exile for so long that they'd run into no small number of different races with all sorts of different technology; even if they'd adopted none of it for themselves, such was their desire to stay secluded in their long exodus through space, it meant that she was probably better off than other relatively technologically-simple peoples that might have struggled far more than she in an environment like the Lost Light.

Besides, when you came from a spaceship powered, piloted, and created by the crystalline entities your species had adopted as gods and stewards, you didn't tend to bat an eyebrow at ships that ran on things like 'quantum mechanics' and 'prometheum packs' and the like. You had the grace of mind to simply roll with it, for the most part.

So it was that the young vindicator had managed, with a little help from the local lifeforms and some painstaking button-presses of her own, to set up a training program in one of the ship's myriad holodecks. She watched with wide eyes as the black and yellow grid soon became populated with a semi-circle of various artificial constructs. The ones she'd been looking for hadn't been in the Lost Light's memory banks - that didn't surprise her terribly much, their home was so very far from here anyway - but some careful recollection and help from the programmers had made adequate substitutes.

Most of her opponents consisted of humanoids that stood easily a head over even the seven foot paladin, gnarled and mottled leathery skin protected by fire-blasted and tortuously twisted metal, their armor covered in enough cruel spikes and blades to serve just as well as weapons as the horns cresting from their heavy helms and the various weapons each one held. Greatswords, polearms, axes... more than enough of a variety for her to keep her hammer skills sharp.

You couldn't stay in shape merely on memories of cracking a zombie's jaw, after all.

By the sides of some of the taller humanoids were slavering dog-like creatures, their lack of visible eyes the least horrifying thing about them when they were so busy snapping those elongated maws full of rows of diseased fangs and lashing the barbed tentacles that sprouted from their backs. Tiny, imp-like creatures capered about between the feet of the hulking vanguard, leaving trails of green flame in the wake of their tiny gnarled feet as they gibbered and squawked at everything within earshot. Scantily-clad creatures with armor resembling corsets and little else were too busy admiring themselves to pay attention to anything else, barbed whips held in the hands not busy being held in front of sickly emerald eyes so they could inspect their nails with approving cooing and giggling... whenever they weren't distracted long enough by the imps to let ugly scowls mar their features and use those thorn-covered heels to cruelly kick the tiny demons away.

Areanu watched the training programs she'd helped create as they stood about in their 'idle' phase, and for the first time since escaping Sledge's custody, she felt her lip inadvertently curl in unrestrained hate.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543253

File: 1525572733016.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41543250
>Lapis seemed a little disappointed, but it didn't seem serious enough to argue
>the little peck on her lips probably helped to solidify her decision, a light blush coming across her cheeks in turn

OK, OK, you win...

>she then leaned in and returned the peck with one of her own


But...maybe instead, we can find a way for it to be just you and me~?

>Bolone's smile turned a bit more awkward at the mental image Ruby painted, but Daisy's excited request helped to get his mind off of it


W-Well, if you insist!

>Bolone then placed his hands together as his ring began to glow brighter

>then, the aura of pink around him expanded off of his body, soon surrounding all three of them
>the aura then congealed into a proper bubble, with Daisy and Ruby lifted slightly off of the floor as a result
>Bolone gave a more genuine grin, looking at the two of them in turn

Well? What do you think?

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543254

File: 1525573398924.png (217.12 KB, 640x363, blush.png)

>>41543253
>"Maybe instead, we can find a way for it to be just you and me~?"
>Peridot's face grew a few shades bluer at the request
W-...w-well, u-uhh... I-I'm sure that can be...arranged...!
>she chuckled and snorted, clearly enjoying the idea

>as the bubble surrounded them, Daisy let out a long and excited gasp

>she tilted backwards slightly, but just enough to suddenly flip around entirely and float upside down
Thisissocoolohmygoshyesit'severythingIcould'vehopedfor!

>Ruby giggled lightly

I hadn't been in a bubble since that Jasper wanted to see how far I floated!
>she kicked her legs slightly, floating closer to Bolone and leaning on his shoulder
Of course, this bubble feels much nicer with some company~

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543255

File: 1525573524462.png (95.43 KB, 346x219, hmmmmm.png)

>>41543252
"Ugly sumbitches."
>She heard from behind her. Were she to turn around, she'd see... Well, she wasn't quite sure. He sure looked like the Arakkoa from her homeland, but he was both less colorful, and much more technologically minded. His black chest armor let wisps of cold air drift through his feathers, and a pair of black shades covered his eyes, the dark reddish brown feathers that coated his body fluffy and soft looking. A small black luggage robot wheeled into the room after him, Zephyr's weapons never far away.

"Never seen uglies like that before. Some sort of aliens from your past? Or you come up with these yourself?"

>He asked, looking up at her. Zephyr was definitely shorter, but that was mostly due to his hunched over stance, and the way his legs bent. Wings shrouded him, keeping the bitter cold his armor exuded to himself.

"Right nasty looking though. My name's Zephyr. Guessing you came here for a bit of training too?"

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543257

File: 1525574371969.jpg (223.35 KB, 796x607, tumblr_lm4xccWAp01qeoygio1_128…)

>>41543254
>Lapis giggled in turn, very pleased with the reaction that she got

>though Bolone was feeling just a bit more awkward at the reaction he was getting

>while Daisy's mood was certainly a pleasant one, Ruby getting cuddly with him was still something he wasn't totally sure of
>sure she was possibly thousands of years old, but she didn't act like it, and he had to wonder if that was a choice or if she was young by her species' standards
>either way he was eager to get a move on

S-So! A-Are we ready to go?

>Lapis looked up at Bolone's question, then nodded slightly before looking back to Peridot

>she leaned down and kissed her again, then pulled away and walked over to the bubble
>the bubble grew a bit and a door opened up, allowing Lapis to step in and begin floating along with the others

Peridot!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543258

File: 1525574874987.png (296.4 KB, 640x363, I am pretty great.png)

>>41543257
>Peridot followed behind Lapis, stopping just outside the bubble
>she smiled at Daisy and Ruby
You two don't give your mother and Bolone too much trouble, got it?

>Daisy blinked, finally dawning on her:

You're not coming, Peridot...?

Sadly I have work to do, but I'll be fine! You three go out and have a good time!
>she grinned widely, giving them a thumbs up
Today's your day, so enjoy it!

>Daisy and Ruby smiled back at Peridot, Ruby waving her goodbye

We'll see you later mom love you and we'll bring a souvenir too!

>Peridot chuckled lightly, waving them goodbye

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543259

File: 1525575084445.jpg (173.79 KB, 784x1018, world_of_warcraft__yrel_by_kac…)

>>41543255

Her hammer had been resting head down on the deck, her palm idly on the pommel, but at the sound of an unfamiliar voice she tensed up remarkably fast, hand going down to grip the hammer's shaft as she almost instinctively readied up... and summarily forced herself to relax as she was yanked from whatever ugly memory she'd been in the middle of back to the present day. "Areanu," she nodded to her new friend; it would be hard to miss the curious squint as she initially mistook him for one of the mysterious and secluded arakkoa, but soon corrected herself after a few simple deductions.

The cryo-armor and sentient luggage helped there.

"Aliens, once," she continued, her attention returning briefly to the twisted and cruel-looking beings the holodeck had created for her out of the kindness of its heart. "Demons now." Her bright azure eyes looked back to Zephyr. "There is evil in the Empire's heart, of that I have no doubt," she noted. "This is what happens when that evil is allowed to fester."

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543261

File: 1525575805618.png (89.27 KB, 583x727, Tumblr_ndh6ut3QmM1qzyi4xo1_128…)

>>41543258
>Lapis waved at Peridot in turn, her face bright with a happy smile

Bye Peridot! We'll be back before you know it!

Love you~!

>Lapis then blew Peridot a kiss as the bubble lifted off of the floor, soon taking flight away from the art room

>and with a bit of careful maneuvering, they made their way back up the elevator and out the bridge windows, just as Bolone had come in

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543263

>>41543259
<"Funny. That's what I used to think about politicians..."
>Zephyr raised an eyebrow, the black feathers of it rising over his glasses as he looked down at the deck. As he stepped closer, she'd see that under his wings, his hands had been full with an... odd assortment of things. Curved metal containers full of metal cones were kept in a belt by elastic bands, and in his left hand, three paint buckets were full of individual plastic baggies, each of them full of different metal cones... Odd labels like "BT: HE" and "HSAP" were written on the baggies.
"Evil huh... So, are you gonna go in there and fight a few, or are you just watching? Cause I came here for a bit of target practice, and this is the only Holodeck."
>He said, looking to her hammer with a bit of comprehension, and then a bit of confusion. He got it was a weapon of war... an ancient weapon of war, that had been outclassed by modern military engineering.

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543265

>>41543263

"Fighting was the plan, yes," she replied, bristling a bit as the avian regarded her weapon and then seemed to dismiss it; the disrespect for the thing that had saved her at least a few times alone was enough to raise her hackles, and it didn't do much to favorably color her opinion of the state-of-the-art firearm kibble he was boasting. Too many moving parts to break, more cold maintenance than a reverent relationship between weapon and wielder...

"If you would prefer something that cannot fight back, then I'm sure there's something in the computer to replicate Imperial soldiers that stand a few miles away," she half-suggested and half-needled. "Otherwise, I assure you that the man'ari will provide a diverse... simulation." She took a deep breath between the last word and the rest of the sentence, as if she had needed to remind herself that that was indeed all it was. A simulation, nothing more. They could not hurt her here.

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543268

File: 1525578624744.png (117.3 KB, 406x194, leer.png)

>>41543265
"I mean, I can kill a guy from a few miles away, with that you gotta jog a few miles."
>He said, smiling, his luggage-bot flipping up as he set his ammunition on the nearby bench. Opening the luggage revealed an unfolding gun rack, each spot filled by a gun that told a tale all on it's own. From the worn .357 revolver that spoke of bounty hunts on a backend world, an adventure courtesy of Tuco, to the sleek, hand forged precision of a rifle that was his own Kraven engineering. Each one was perfectly clean, the parts shining with care and upkeep, and he showed expert handling as he took what looked to be a bullpup style rifle from the rack, clearing the chamber before he began to load the magazines with individual rounds. He showed care, reverence... And from the way certain bullets seemed to be scarred with insignia, runes, and glowing magical potential, a good deal of his own wizardry.
"Been a while since I went up against something that could fight back. It'd be a nice change of pace, Areanu, if you wouldn't mind."
>He said with an easy grin as he locked and loaded, the avian smile never fading as he looked at the ancient, demonic warriors, and scoffed at their axes and halberds. How tough could they be?

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543270

File: 1525579716721.jpg (351.27 KB, 730x920, 831af1849a6dd1d0e225f2b4ea82e0…)

>>41543268

"If ever I felt the need to join a fight that required a marathon first, then it was a fight I should not have joined to begin with," she smirked, following the Kraven's preparations with the comprehension of someone who could follow what he was doing but did not possess the personal experience to fully appreciate his own expertise. She knew magic - who from the Exodar didn't? - but she had never practiced it herself, unless one wanted to count the holy magic of the Light that she harnessed with her soul as ably as any mage harnessed the arcane with their mind. At his request to join, however, the draenei simply replied with a soft incline of her head before hefting her hammer, the crystal head humming and its weight providing a dull whoosh as she swung it in a slow, ponderous loop.

"Not many choose to mix magic and engineering," she said conversationally as she moved back to the panel that would start the countdown to the simulation starting. "What is your history with it?" Whether she meant guns, magic, or both wasn't entirely clear.

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543272

File: 1525580961084.png (78.44 KB, 234x218, Aheh... what.png)

>>41543270
>He shrugged, loading the bullets with a detached air as he thought about his past.
"Engineering is the easy bit. Once you spend enough time with a gun, you know what works, what doesn't, what makes a design dependable and what's bound to fail."
>He said, lifting the rifle once the magazine was full. He pulled back the slide with one hand, to show off where the pin had been replaced with a rune. He pulled off the muzzle brake, to show off a different magical rune.
"You run a few programs in a replicator, and everyone can make a gun that works. Making a gun that works well is difficult. Making one that works perfectly is... damn near impossible."
>He said, taking the rifle apart to inspect the components, making sure everything was oiled up and serviceable.
"There are exactly one hundred and one parts in this machine. 7 of them move."
>He said, putting it back together with a speed she'd scarcely seen, born from years of experience and familiarity that bordered on fondness. In seconds, the weapon he'd taken apart was lethal and loaded once again.
"As for magic, I use that to give me an advantage. Runes don't break, they don't gum up from friction, so you can use them for mechanical processes that wear and tear for better results than machining. As for the bullets... Having options in a fight is better than not. The more options you have over your opponent, the better chance to come out breathing. I don't limit mine."
>He said, smiling up at her as he rested the rifle on his shoulder, reaching down to the luggage to pick up a handgun and put it in a holster.
"So on the same vein, why the hammer? Seems a bit... limited."
>He said with a good natured smile.

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543276

File: 1525583385592.png (308.31 KB, 703x850, tumblr_ot7lufDACF1qzdygvo1_128…)

>>41543272

The draenei regarded the heavy mass of metal and crystal in her hand that a member of a more reasonably-proportioned and pink-skinned race would have needed at least two hands to properly swing; in the defense of humanity, she needed both hands as well if someone really needed smiting. "We have never had need for anything else," she answered after a moment, shrugging. "Our technology is simple, and we have an understanding of gunpowder, but the arcane and the Light has protected us thus far." She readjusted her grip on the hammer, the blue crystal head seeming to shimmer with a light not entirely borne of outside sources, and pressed the button to start the countdown on their training program. "When the day comes that our vindicators can rely on such technology in the defense of the Exodar, then maybe we will be more trusting of it. But until then," she finished with a wry smile, "the hammer will suffice."

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543280

File: 1525587638283.png (244.03 KB, 382x429, I'm gonna enjoy this.png)

>>41543276
"Whatever works for you. Like I say, the best weapon for someone is what they're most comfortable with."
>Zephyr loaded himself into the insertion room with the Draenei paladin, shouldering his rifle as he adjusted the sights. He figured this would be a fun little exercise. He tended to go for moving targets, something graded to give him degrees of accuracy off target, but living targets were nice to practice against as well. You had different goals, different objectives when shooting at them...
"Mind running down the weak points on these critters for me, Areanu?"
>He asked, waiting for the blast door to rise, a smug look on his face as he did so. A little thought came to his head as he looked the goat girl up and down and mentally removed the armor. Thinking about converting to "the light" himself, he chuckled.

"And howsabout a little wager. If you kill more than me, I'll owe you one. If I get more of em than you? You'll owe me one~"

<"And two, and three, and four..."

Daisy & Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543285

>>41543261
>the trip was a fairly lengthy one, although the ring made it seem far less than it actually was
>soon enough the big blue planet came into view, and true to Peridot's scans, one could easily see it was almost entirely composed of a single massive ocean
>but there were some large continents tossed around as well, so finding a pleasant place to land wasn't difficult

>and "pleasant" was likely an understatement, as the surrounding area could make the most tropical of tropics wilt in shame at their inadequacies

>the untouched location was a paradise of warm weather, sunny rays and crystalline waters
>the ocean stretched on as far as the eye could see all along the beach, soft waves splashing the shore and nary a cloud in the sky
>deeper into land the vegetation was remarkably large, and what at first would seem like trees would prove to actually just be very tall plants and bushes
>whether any animals existed nearby it was too early to tell, but there definitely didn't seem to be any sign of civilization

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543286

File: 1525627094121.png (918.81 KB, 1920x1090, Same_Old_World_099.png)

>>41543285

Aaaaand here we are!

>Bolone touched down on the first pristine beach he could find, only now taking the opportunity to really enjoy the scenery around them

>he actually sort of regretted not coming here sooner, the sparkling water and beautiful beaches a dream to behold firsthand
>he almost felt a bit guilty for touching down, feeling like maybe they shouldn't come here and risk messing up the perfect natural landscape

>if Bolone was awed by this, Lapis was just stunned

>as even when Bolone dissipated the bubble, she was left just staring at the water with wide, amazed eyes
>granted, part of it may have been because she was deprived of an ocean for so long
>but even so, seeing such perfect, untouched water always made her heart leap in her chest, and at the moment she was simply too amazed to even move

Daisy & Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543287

File: 1525627664254.png (289.98 KB, 640x360, unable to hold in joy.png)

>>41543286
>whump!
>when the bubble disappeared around, Daisy simply dropped onto the soft sand beneath them
>but that was hardly enough to dent her mood, and she instantly bounced back onto her feet with a huge grin on her face
OH MY GOSH! This place looks AMAZING!
>she quickly rushed forward towards the sea, stopping just short of entering the water
Look at all that water!
>she then turned, looking over to the horizon
Look at all that sand!
>then rushed back, dropping to her knees near a strange and small spiral rock
LOOK AT THIS ROCK!
>she pointed at it, clearly very excited over having some freedom at last

>Ruby quickly began wandering the beach, clearly at a loss for words herself

>having spent so much of her life locked away in fortresses or ships or jars, seeing such an vast and endless expanse in front of her was a very unfamiliar sight
>she crouched down, curiously poking the sand in front of her and slowly tracing her finger to make a few shapes on the beach, her smile quickly growing

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543288

File: 1525629038483.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41543287
>Bolone watched as both Daisy and Ruby reacted to their surroundings in their own ways, laughing a little awkwardly at their...unusual responses
>he supposed cabin fever had just gotten to them that badly

>he then paused, noting one reaction that hadn't happened yet, and started to turn to look at Lapis


Lapis, you-

>WHOOSH!


>Bolone's question was cut off by Lapis abruptly running past him as fast as she could

>then - quite surprisingly for one her size - she leapt off the edge of the beach and sailed a few feet across the water, until landing in it with a loud SPLASH, sending water droplets spraying into the air

.....

>Bolone gave a small laugh after that


Well, I guess this was a success!

>the only question was what was he gonna do now?

Daisy & Ruby!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543289

File: 1525630193440.png (308.07 KB, 640x360, greeting anybody.png)

>>41543288
>Daisy quickly hopped up once Lapis had rushed into the ocean, jumping up with a wide grin
CANNONBALL!
>she shouted, now scrambling across the beach herself towards the ocean
>while struggling to remove her dress and clothes, having to stop a few times to kick off her boots or crawl out of her dress
>but soon enough she was free from all garments except her headband and scepter, and capable of resuming her rush towards the water
>just like Lapis, she'd leap off the very edge of the beach, albeit being unable to match the length of her mother's jump, and thus make a smaller splash as she tucked herself in while in midair

>Ruby blinked, staring a bit confused at the actions of Lapis and Daisy

>but they were having fun, so there shouldn't be any harm in joining them
>the red Gem dug her hands into the sand, picking up a clump of it in her arms and started awkwardly waddling towards the ocean
>and simply walked straight into the water, not even bother with jumping inside... or floating once she was submerged
>she simply walked all the way towards the two, unimpeded by the water surrounding her

>Bolone, meanwhile, would be left alone on the vast and empty beach with very little else to see

>to his right was nothing but more sand, and the same stood to his left, while behind him was the thick jungle of overgrown plants
>the ground was surprisingly flat as well, with no mountain or hills visible anywhere around them
>only a nearly unimpeded horizon 360º around him, with seemingly nobody else around to enjoy it but them

>and the pair of yellow eyes watching Bolone from the jungle's shadows, of course

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543291

File: 1525631442125.jpg (39.9 KB, 550x363, Felbeast_sketch.jpg)

>>41543280

Ah. There it was. Areanu smiled again, but the carefully guarded measure was this time replaced with a chilliness that might have made Zephyr feel more at home if it wasn't serving as a wall of ice between him and his newest goal. "I think not," she replied, the dismissive tone carefully measured so as not to let the avian mercenary know precisely how far he could shove that proposition up his cloaca for all she cared.

[Author's note: It was at least to his tonsils.]

A moment's hesitation followed as she almost visibly debated telling him the intel he wanted to know, as part of her suspected that refusing the wager wouldn't be enough for it to be dropped wholesale, but a brief tightening of her lips played her hand for her: however she felt about being set upon that hard and that fast, it wouldn't be fair to leave a comrade in arms out to dry just because he wanted his feathers a bit mussed. "... there are no weaknesses you probably wouldn't find on other living beings," she finally began, gesturing to the parts of their bodies that weren't armored. "We attempt to kill demonkind as quickly as possible, so the taint in their blood isn't allowed to spread and harm anything they might have failed to corrupt in life." She pointed to the hunting 'dogs.' "The felhounds are loosed first, to hunt down anyone that might have the scent of magic upon them. They break upon our lines, trying to weaken or shatter any defense, and use the growths on their backs to drain the life of their victims." Next to the demonic vanguard. "The felguard will likely not be far behind. Any weakness the hounds discovered or created will be exploited, shattering and scattering the line of defense, sowing chaos and seeking to kill as many as they can for whatever it is passes for honor amongst demons." Her lip curled as she next went to the imps. "Pack creatures that will overwhelm isolated targets from afar with fel fire- more often than not burning their own kin alive in the process while they swarm their victim." And finally the ones that Zephyr would probably have the easiest time keeping an eye on. "Sayaadi, or succubi. Interrogators, torturers, sowers of discord and temptation. Anything but contempt for them is the first step to falling beneath them."

The buzzer sounded as Areanu's lesson ended, the demons seeming to snap to even as the so-named 'felhounds' bounded forward with a vigor and energy that called forth images of feral, feverishly deluded animals of more natural origins, threatening to tear themselves apart with the very speed and eagerness with which they threw themselves at their targets. Areanu looked at Zephyr from the corner of her eye with the scant handful of seconds they could afford, hefting her hammer to hold it in both hands. "Any questions?"

Lapis Lazuli!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543293

File: 1525633360605.png (102.31 KB, 512x692, 1510499713382.png)

>>41543289
>Lapis soon resurfaced from the watery depths in rather grandiose fashion
>from around where she entered the water, a swirl of the pristine liquid spiraled up, soon turning into a twisting column of water that stretched far above everyone's heads
>within the column was Lapis herself, who was quickly swimming through the water up to the tip of the tower
>she emerged from it with gusto, splashing out and ascending as though she were a fish leaping from a raging rapid
>once in the air, Lapis backflipped and landed on the tip of the tower, spinning around in place on one foot like a ballerina on a stage
>she descended down the tower as it split into quarters, the four points still spinning about in sync with her
>and finally, when she reached the surface of the water again, the towers dissipated, turning into a fine mist that descended back to the sea
>which just caught the sun's light in such a way that a rainbow could briefly be seen in the mist
>Lapis stood on the surface at the end, her arms spread out and her head tilted back, wearing a happier smile than she'd had for quite some time

>Bolone stayed on the beach as this went on, looking very awed by the display he'd just seen

>he'd seen a few beings that could control the elements, but he didn't often see them treat it as a means to create artistry, like Lapis did

>of course he probably would've been more awed if he hadn't been a little distracted

>given how Daisy had completely disrobed before jumping in
>he wondered if he should join them...

-?

>or he would have, if not for that particular feeling going up his spine

>that telltale feeling of someone watching him
>he turned to look at the jungle behind him, naturally assuming that whatever it was, it must've come from back there

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543294

File: 1525634018356.png (Spoiler Image, 60.66 KB, 299x168, come over.png)

>>41543293
>true to Bolone's assumptions, the glittering eyes were still watching him from the jungle's shadows, making no real attempt to hide from him once he turned
>clearly the planet wasn't as uninhabited as they may have originally expected... but strangely, those eyes would seem very familiar to the Violet Lantern
>but the figure didn't seem too interested in joining the watery celebration, ducking back into the lush greenery
>the sway of the leaves allowed for some light to pierce the jungle, revealing a slight smirk on a pale face beneath a wild mane of blond hair...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543295

File: 1525634852357.jpg (11.87 KB, 197x196, tumblr_mtzop3aXyz1s423woo1_250…)

>>41543294

-!

>Bolone jolted when he saw the familiar face for a brief moment in the light, clearly surprised by this

>evidentially he had come to this planet before, he just didn't recognize it
>given he had to basically crash-land before, he likely hadn't taken the time to memorize how it looked

.....

>he looked over to where the Gems were, then back to the jungle, seemingly weighing his options


.....

<"They'll be fine."


>if anyone did try something, well, Lapis had plenty of water to work with

>so Bolone quickly darted into the jungle, eagerly running after the figure he spotted within

Arsene!MEOWKdWFcQCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543296

>>41543183
>"Get down there"

<"I'm on it."


>on Grind's orders, Arsene quickly swooped down, flying lower than before, but not touching down.

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543297

>>41543183

The purple demolitionist's sulking only seemed to intensify at what she perceived as more ribbing from the other Transformer. "I can see it now," she groused. "The Star of Iacon, awarded to Jinx of Operation: Shatterpoint for bravery in colluding with a Decepticon and a bunch of organics being threatened by a big slagging... space diamond thing." She offered a rude gesture to the skies, roughly in the direction of where she assumed Ramiel was.

Simoné!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543298

File: 1525637865590.png (1.07 MB, 1225x767, look at how much I care.png)

>>41543295
>the thick foliage wasn't unmanageable enough to make it impossible to move through, but it still wasn't exactly easy
>the massive plants did a good job at blocking most paths, and there were times where the soil itself was difficult to see among all the plants
>eventually Bolone would come across a small clearing, and the familiar cat-like woman resting on a large leaf
A pink star descending from the sky is not an ordinary sight, especially during the daytime...
>she turned to her side, giving Bolone a teasing smirk as she propped her head over her hand
It could have only meant the visit of a Violet Lantern after all~

It has been quite the while, Sir Bolone. I trust you are enjoying your stay~?

Elliot Granger/Emily Nash!RpQzSCoUtsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543299

File: 1525639638967.jpg (79.25 KB, 900x776, 1373499481361.jpg)

>>41543297
>>41543183
>>41543296
>Emily sharply sucked in some air to respond to Elliot
"Not your fault. Just drive, man!"

>Right as Elliot was about to make good on that command, Rei turned back and said "Ha".


>For just a second, the sheer confusion made Emily completely forgot the preposterous amount of pain in her shoulder and look over at Elliot.

>Elliot turned to look at Emily.
>The two of them shared a moment of bafflement at what that could have meant, and proceeded to have an entire conversation made up entirely of slight adjustments to their expressions.

>Once they'd wordlessly come to the conclusion that "Ha." was just some local phrase of well wishes, Emily just turned to Rei and responded.


"Y... You too."

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543300

File: 1525640524358.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41543298
>Bolone soon took flight to weave around the foliage as best he could, though it took a bit of time
>he didn't want to disturb the environment if it was at all avoidable, making the trip take just that little bit longer

>he soon came across the clearing, and looked up to see the voluptuous feline woman smiling down at him

>his own expression brightened, and he soon floated up towards her, a light jovial tone in his voice

I'm certainly enjoying it more now that I've seen you again~

How're you, Simone~? How's life been treating you~?

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543301

File: 1525641486025.png (74.89 KB, 274x247, Done Fucked Up.png)

>>41543291
>Zephyr already had his rifle shouldered, staring down sights as shots began to thunder down range. The buzzer as the door had opened had been his cue, and now he was showing off what a master hunters could do. At the mention of questions though...
"Yeah sweet thing! Can you keep up?!"
>He said, as the fellhounds descended on them... though they were suddenly hampered by having to climb over the bodies of the first wave. Areanu *thought* she heard full auto fire, the rifle booming again and again as soon as another round could be chambered. Every third round in the box magazine glowed white hot, showing the unerring accuracy of the mercenary beside her, as patches of fel-tainted blood flowed like water from precision wounds to the head, joints, mouths, and any other soft parts of the creatures to show... And through it all, besides the manic grin on Zephyr's face, he showed nothing but professional discipline, switching from target to target as soon as the one he was on had lost it's step...

Simoné!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543302

File: 1525644631400.png (298.65 KB, 640x355, hello there.png)

>>41543300
>Simoné smiled a bit wider as the Lantern approached, but didn't move from her spot
Much the same as all the years preceding it.

I still live, so it cannot be treating me so badly, yes~?

>she pushed herself onto a sitting position, brushing aside a few strands of unruly hair from her face

I must say, at first I could hardly believe my own eyes as they witnessed the Violet Lantern with what appeared to be a lover and their brood. That has never seemed to be your style after all...

>her smirk grew as her tone became more teasing

Unless all three of those girls have already fallen under your spell, and you decided to place the finishing touches by bringing them to this little deserted paradise~?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543303

File: 1525645940903.png (219.87 KB, 900x593, download (3).png)

>>41543302
>Bolone gave something of an awkward smile at Simoné's question, chuckling lightly as he hovered closer to her

Surprisingly enough, not really...

I just brought them here as a favour to a friend. They needed some time off of the ship to stretch their legs...

>he came to a stop right in front of her, stopping just short of being nose-to-nose with her

>at this, his smile became a little more mischievous

So that means you have me all to yourself, if you'll have me~

Simoné!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543304

File: 1525646707559.png (266.62 KB, 640x366, watching you sleep.png)

>>41543303
>the cat woman didn't budge an inch despite Bolone's proximity, keeping her usual lazy smirk on her face
Ever the helpful one, are you not?
>she chuckled softly as her arm slowly raised, moving up Bolone's own arm
Well then, I suppose I should feel quite the lucky woman to have your undivided attention...~

>she stood up slightly on her knees, looming over Bolone as her hand reached above him to grasp at a vine dangling above them

>she tugged on it, tilting the leaf above her to let the large trunk that was resting on it fall down
>right on top of Bolone
I would certainly appreciate the help with my luggage after all~!

Areanu, Jinx, and the Feedback Force!jSaxman3BgCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543305

File: 1525646898470.png (599.99 KB, 900x582, tumblr_osnk3fg7wa1sn1wgwo1_r1_…)

>>41543301

Areanu said nothing at first; she decided to let the hammer do the talking in her stead. The first slavering demonic hound to take a leap at her made a crucial mistake born partly of instinct and partly of the paladin's own training: she whirled around lightning fast to get momentum building in her swing, the heavy, metal-studded cape draped over her shoulders billowing out as she did so and flaring directly in front of the felhound. It stumbled, alarmed by this sudden obstacle for a split second- and a split second was all Areanu needed for it to stay precisely at the distance it was at. Zephyr would hear the heavy whoosh of the hammer as she swung it low to bring it in an upward arc, the demon's manic braying abruptly cut off by a thunderous, ear-ringing CRACK as it was knocked clean off its paws. Its head jerked violently upwards at a stomach-churning angle, nearly coming off with the hammer swing as the limp body of the twisted monstrosity slapped limply against the metal deck a fair distance away; it wouldn't have taken a doctor to see it had been dead before even leaving the ground.

"You tell me."

The paladin allowed herself to smile coldly as what few felhounds remained came on, their demonic handlers right behind them with axes at the ready.

ZephyrCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543306

File: 1525650233312.png (304.11 KB, 608x677, Hehe~.png)

>>41543305
>Zephyr, not to be outdone, nodded as he ran out of ammo on the first mag. Flipping the rifle upside down under his arm, he removed the magazine with one hand, slotting another into place as he drew his sidearm, putting a couple of magnum rounds into a hellhound that got a bit too close for his taste. His rifle reloaded, he looked to the oncoming hellguard, setting his beak in a grin. Flapping into the air over their heads, he sighted in with the rifle, and let out two shots for each of the oncoming monstrosities as they looked at him. For every shot he took, an eyeball splattered into so much fel-green ooze, empty cases raining down on Areanu from above as the Kraven did everything in his power to show off.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543307

File: 1525650471482.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41543304

-?!

>Bolone had been expecting something else from Simoné given the fingertips trailing up his arm

>so when he suddenly saw a shadow looming over his head, he was only barely able to raise his ring up and form a large glove of energy to catch the trunk before it crushed him
>though not without being forced closer to the ground in the process

H-Hey!

>he peeked out from beneath the trunk, hovering a couple of inches off the jungle floor


Y-You could've just asked!

Simoné!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543308

File: 1525651079956.png (73.14 KB, 299x168, youre funny.png)

>>41543307
>Simoné peeked out from the leaf with her usual smile
>she slid off the leaf, landing on the floor right in front of Bolone with her usual grace
>her hand brushed over Bolone's cheek and under his chin, the cat giving him a light chuckle
I know I could have... but I did not~

>she started walking deeper into the jungle after her usual cryptic remark, simply expecting him to follow her

We do not need to travel far, but try to keep up.

Getting lost in this jungle is more dangerous than it may appear.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543309

File: 1525651679806.jpg (9.59 KB, 200x305, download (15).jpg)

>>41543308
>Bolone huffed a bit after Simoné's teasing remark, feeling like he should've expected this from her
>but he was seemingly too excited to see her to have made that realization in time
>so once she started to walk away, Bolone levitated the trunk over his head and flew along behind her, having to move the trunk around carefully to avoid any foliage

...why do you have this, anyway?

>after a brief pause, he couldn't help but just ask this


Are you on a vacation of sorts too?

'Rachel'!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543311

File: 1525652564356.png (245.77 KB, 687x386, tumblr_ocuasdDiTj1vcihylo1_128…)

>>41543133
Aaah!!

>Rachel jumped back as the Lukas shattered the bindings holding him down. Then she blinks as Lukas makes his request for... quartz.


I... do?

>Well technically someone else did who came aboard the ship but it was not as if they needed it anymore in their current state.

>Rachel sends a request get what he asked for and almost immediately a large diamond appeared on the table he was formally situated on.

Simoné!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543312

File: 1525652702943.png (1018.01 KB, 1225x761, step it up.png)

>>41543309
>Simoné casually traversed the thick foliage, having little trouble in finding out the paths least covered by any obstructions
>at Bolone's question she let out another short and bubbly chuckle
Quite the opposite, sad to say.

I have traveled to this far-off land over work, not leisure.
>she pointed over her shoulder at the large red and yellow trunk the Lantern levitated over his head
That trunk holds everything that I need to complete my assignment.
>she lowered her hand, pausing for just a second before adding in a very casual tone:
Do be careful with it. If it were to wake up now, we could risk destroying this island's entire ecosystem.

And that would not look good on my list of accomplishments.
This post was edited by its author on .

Lukas Prestridge!pR.BaFF/uk