[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

The place for, well, roleplaying. Feel free to jump in.
Name?

This field is optional. You can choose any name you want, or you can post anonymously by leaving this field empty.

Tripcodes are a way to identify yourself between posts without having to register with the site. To use a tripcode, enter your name as ‹name›#‹key›.You can choose anything you want as the key—it is private and will never be shown to other posters or stored on the server. For example:

Rarity#bestpony → Rarity!.4PK7yxdII

If you want a tripcode containing specific words, you can download a program designed to search for tripcodes, such as Tripcode Explorer.

Email?

Entering an e-mail is optional.

There are also code words you can enter here which perform certain actions when you submit your post.

  • sage — lets you post without bumping a thread.
  • nonoko — uses the original post behavior to redirect to the board index.

These can be used at the same time as an e-mail address by typing ‹email›#‹action›.

You can also use Skype names in place of an e-mail. The notation is the same as a link to a username on skype itself, which is skype:‹username›

Subject
Comment
?
Giving emphasis
[b] Bold [/b] Ctrl + B
[i] Italic [/i] Ctrl + I
[u] Underlined [/u] Ctrl + U
[s] Strikethrough [/s] Ctrl + R
Hiding text
[?] Spoiler text [/?] Ctrl + S
[h] Hide block of text [/h] Ctrl + H
Special
[rcv] Royal Canterlot voice [/rcv] Ctrl + K
[shy] Fluttershy voice [/shy]
[cs] Comic Sans [/cs]
[tt] Monospaced [/tt]
[d20], [4d6] — Dice rolls
URLs and linking
Link to a post on the current board
>>1234
Link to another board
>>>/pony/
Link to a post on another board
>>>/pony/1234
Hypertext links
[url=https://www.ponychan.net/] Ponychan [/url]
File
Options
Password?

This field is for editing and deletions.


File: 1501820762730.png (644.01 KB, 4300x4300, Simply Pony Logo.png)

Simply Pony: Welcome to Crossroads! Trixie Clone Number 8!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520795[Last 50 Posts]

#Canon: Simply Pony #Slice of Life #Adventure #MLP Only #Chill #Open

The town of Crossroads. Despite it's particularly low population, the town has a long history spanning back hundreds of years. Located just a hair north of Galloping Gorge, it's only visitors were the rare Geologist and even more rare thrill seeker. Not that it bothered the citizens much. Most of them preferred the quite of their small town to that of the big city Vanhoover to the west. Yet in all that time it never managed to garner enough attention to grow. Until recently.

With the reappearance of the Crystal Empire, the quiet town found itself right in the heart of newly formed trade routes between the western half of Equestria and the Crystal Empire. For the first time in hundreds of years, Crossroads was living up to it's namesake. Trade caravans began coming back and forth along the ancient road. Tourists passing on their way to see the new lands, began to take notice of the small town. Finally, Crossroads was getting attention. Much to the chagrin of some of it's citizens.

While some loathed the sudden boost in traffic, some of the more forward thinking and business savvy decided to act. The local general store expanded into a warehouse trade depot, the abandoned mansion became a hotel, the acres of land passed down for generations was being divided up and ready to sell for new homes and businesses. With all the excitement of their newfound economic boom, many of the oldest citizens moved away, desiring to live in a quieter setting than what their home was becoming. Some of them stayed to fight against the overwhelming wave of inevitable change fruitlessly.

It has been many moons since then and while the more prominent members of the community were excited to expand, they overlooked one detail. Few knew they were there. In an effort to ensure the expansion of their small town, the Mayor, along with a few others, invested in an salespony and travel agent to advertise the town to the world. Cheap land, ground floor investments, a natural wonder nearby, a chance at a fresh start. That is what Crossroads is for, a chance for a fresh start.

The first train hauling passenger cars pulled into the newly built Crossroads station. Time for a fresh start.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520883

File: 1501856931950.png (240.17 KB, 1617x2250, Nic Nac by RareSlime - Touched…)

A brown earth pony stepped out of the train, saddle bags plump and full of opportunity. He breathed out a heavy sigh as he looked over the station.
"It's far from home, but, maybe this is what I need."

He heads to the cargo end of the train, pulling out a large cart, piled high with bags and containers all tethered to the cart almost haphazardly. He hitches it onto his back and heads into town.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520896

File: 1501873687430.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41520883

>As you exit the station, you find that it leads right onto the main street of the town. The street is lined with several small businesses. A few scattered ponies wondering about the street, going about their day. A majority of them earth ponies, but there are the occasional unicorn and Pegasus the pass by.



>Off on the other end of the station, the conductor was preoccupied chatting away with a green earth pony. He spoke with a nervous smile, filled with sincerity. Excited to fulfill his duty as Mayor.


I am quite excited really. This will be my first week as the officially sworn in mayor for Crossroads!

Really? I could hardly notice.

>The conductor says sarcastically while rolling his eyes.


You really think so? Good! First impressions are important after all!

Then why don't you go talk to your visitors instead of me?

>Coolgrass gasps


You're right! How silly of me! You have a fine day good sir!

>Coolgrass takes a few steps away from the conductor and surveys the scene before him.


>>41520883

Aha!

>He spied the first visitor.


< This one seems eager to explore the town. How exciting!


>He rushes up the brown earth pony, slowing down as he approaches. Wouldn't want to scare him off on the first day now would we?


Greetings friend! I am Mayor Coolgrass, here to welcome you personally to our beautiful town of Crossroads! What brings you here to our lovely home?

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520898

File: 1501874651013.png (123.25 KB, 680x840, nic nac happy and waving by ri…)

>>41520896
>The brown earth pony is a bit startled being rushed towards but relaxes as the mayor slows down
Oh, hiya there! My name's Nic Nac! Nic Nac Paddywhack~
>He takes the mayor's hoof and shakes it hardily
The mayor? What a surprise it is to meet you on my first day here!

I'm hear because I heard that this town was great place for a fresh start!
And that's just what I'm looking for!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520900

File: 1501875475498.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41520898

Well you've come to the right place Nic Nac! Nothing but fresh starts here! Except for the ones who have been here their entire lives. Even then! With all these new faces coming into town it feels like a fresh start for them too!

>The Mayor quickly rummages around in his own saddle bag and quickly produces a map of the town. He quickly gives it a once over before handing it to Nic Nac.


Here is a map of our amazing town!

>He looks over his shoulders briefly before leaning in and saying.


Now, i don't normally do this, but seeing as how you're the first one to arrive today, how would you like a tour?

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520902

File: 1501876127130.png (451.27 KB, 794x1124, 1 Happy by anarchypuppet.png)

>>41520900
>Nic Nac happily takes the map from Coolgrass
A map and a tour? Thank you so much.
You don't have to do all that for me!
But, if you insist, I'd be honored to receive a tour from the Mayor himself!

>Nic Nac looks back to his saddle bags and cart

Heheh, as long as you don't mind me lugging my cart all around town.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520903

File: 1501877234399.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41520902

It's no trouble at all my friend! Uhm...

>He holds a hoof up to his chin as he looks over the stack of luggage. He lifts two of his hooves and claps them together.


Miss Split!

>Seemingly from out of nowhere a unicorn mare shows up from behind the two of them.


Yes Mayor? How can i help?

>She asks eagerly.


Please take this gentlecolts luggage to town hall and leave them with Miss Haybees if you don't mind.

Not at all sir!

Oh! One moment, i almost forgot to introduce you two. Nic Nac, this is Lickity Split, my intern. Lickity Split, this is Nic Nac. He's new in town.

Pleasure to meet you! Would you mind if i took your bags for you?

>Lickity Split was practically dancing in place, eager to get going and eager to please.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520904

File: 1501877600889.png (2.24 MB, 5000x5000, Nic Nac (Wickedsilly).png)

>>41520903
>Nic Nac is briefly startled at the speed of the Unicorn
<Goodness, has she been here this whole time?

Heheh, nice to meet ya~
I suppose I wouldn't mind you taking my bags.
If you don't mind how many I have, that is.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520905

File: 1501879593349.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41520904

Oh she doesn't mind at all. do you Miss Split?

>She looks between the Mayor and Nic Nac. Giving a big smile before levitating all of his baggage and rushing off down the road towards Town Hall at the end of the street.


Now that we've got that taken care of, why don't we begin the tour?

>Mayor Coolgrass leads the way along the left side of the main street first.


We are currently walking along the main street for our town. Mane Street. Creative, i know, but it's the oldest one in Crossroads, so i doubt that anyone is going to be willing to have it's name changed anytime soon.

>He waves a dismissive hoof.


But enough of that rambling. On this side of Mane Street we have a variety of businesses. The most noteworthy of which being Trader Jacks Trade Depo.

>Before them stands a simple looking store with a fresh coat of paint and a newly placed sign "Trader Jacks". Behind the store however, stands a massive warehouse. The occasional sound of boxes shifting about can be heard from even outside.


Standing as one of the oldest buildings in town, second only to Town Hall itself, the structure was in dire need of repairs when Trader Jack took it over and fixed it up into the thriving business you see today.

>As the Mayor continues on, they pass by a few other storefronts that look, empty. While they have all been fixed up to look like new, they are barren and dark inside.


Next up we have the local saloon and common meeting place for the locals, The Stomping Grounds! Though relatively new in comparison to the rest of the town, it quickly became a hot spot as it is the only place in town that serves the local flavor of Frost Grape Cider! A unique recipe invented by the the proprietor, Amber Nectar.

>Through the storefront window a young Pegasus mare can be seen cleaning out mugs while two patrons sit at the counter chatting it up and drinking away. As they reach the end of the road a new path comes into view.


Here we have the road that leads straight to the old Grape Farm. The property has been in the ownership of the grape family for...

>He pauses and taps his chin.


You know, I'm not quite sure. That might be a question for the local historian. Anyways, i wouldn't go visiting them without an invitation. The current grapes are, lets just say, a little sour?

>The mayor giggles to himself at his inside joke.


Any questions before we move on?

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520906

File: 1501880270166.png (272.48 KB, 2526x3001, OC Vector by EbonTopaz.png)

>>41520905
>Nic Nac marvels at the massive size of Trader Jack's as they pass it, but giving ooo's and aaa's otherwise as the pair travel down Mane Street

Hmm, those empty looking store fronts... are those the newly built ones the sales pony told me about?
>One can see the excitement travel all the way down to his hooves
Is one of those where I get to set up my very own business?

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520907

File: 1501880815982.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41520906

The empty stores?

>Coolgrass looks back at the empty stores they passed by. You can almost sees the gears turning in his mind.


Oh! Right the empty stores! Yes yes! That is exactly what they are there for. To allow new businesses to find their start here. Trader Jack could do with some healthy competition.

>He motions to the empty stores on their side of the street as well as the otherside.


During the tour feel free to scope out any of these beautiful buildings for a potential home for, uhm, what is it your are in the business for by the way? I don't believe i asked. How rude of me.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520909

File: 1501883789251.png (124.48 KB, 680x840, nic nac smile by riouku.png)

>>41520907
Don't mind if I do!
>he eyes the buildings around a second time

Oh, I guess you didn't ask. That's quite alright~ I'm a toy maker! I make little trinkets, knick-knacks, fiddly desk things, plush toys, things that pass the time and things that can make anypony smile!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520921

File: 1501888300368.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41520909

Ooo a toy maker! Can't say i ever remember a toy maker ever living here before. Quite exciting! I'm sure all the young ones will flock to your store the moment it opens! Now all we need is a schoolteacher...

>Coolgrass motions for Nic Nac to follow.


Now, on with the tour! At the end of Mane Street you will find a fountain dedicated to our founder. Unfortunately their name has been lost to time, but the statue looks nice.

>The statue stands tall and proud and oddly ambiguous. With how worn away the features are it is difficult to make out any physical traits to determine exactly what this founder looked like. Really, the statue looks more like an obscure piece of art.


Behind it stands Town Hall! Oldest building in Crossroads! This is where your baggage is being held. Just go to the front desk and Miss Haybees will bring them out to you. AND, should you ever have any needs such as finding a home or opening your business, you need only ask her as she is the assistant mayor.

>He continues to the other side of the street.


Over here on the corner we have Hotel Crossroads! A refurbished mansion that once belonged to an ancestor of mine! You are free to stay here until your home is completed, or for however long you wish! so long as you pay your rent.

>He says with a mumble.


We also have Daisy and Clove's Galloping Gorge tours! Trained and prepared to take you on an adventure in rock climbing, or a relaxing hike. Next to them is Haywires repair shop. she also does a lot of the construction around here. Poor thing has been run ragged with all the upgrades and repairs we've been doing lately.

>He turns around a points to behind Town Hall


The other side of town is purely residential and also the location of the local police station and our fire-station is...

>He looks up into the sky.


I'm not sure where it is at the moment. I'll have to talk to the chief about having a more consistent route.

>He turns back to Nic Nac.


That concludes the tour! Have any questions? I love questions.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520922

>>41520909

Sorry about the slow post. I was suddenly pulled away for something
This post was edited by its author on .

Silver and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520948

File: 1501901014985.png (106.29 KB, 1276x910, silver wing recolor 11.png)

>From the train stepped a gryphon. The gryphon was taller than all the ponies around her and held herself with an air of responsibility and a not insignificant amount of grace. She did not look down on the ponies around her, other than by perspective, but she appeared to be extremely wary, her eyes moving around the station with practiced precision, picking out exits and points of cover as well as quickly assessing every pony around the immediate area, all with practiced ease.

>The gryphon herself was colored in a way that might seem bland to the technicolored ponies that inhabited Crossroads, with medium dark grey fur and, starkly contrasting it, divine silver feathers, almost metallic like the metal they shared a color with. Even her eyes were silver, but rather than purely so, they were also flecked with gold. The effect they gave was a piercing gaze into the souls of their targets, but if one were to look directly into them they would be lost in a pool of silver. There were two things that would draw the attention of onlookers. Firstly, her feathers and fur were neatly groomed and preened, not a single feather out of place nor a single tuft of fur fluffed, and cut to balance the natural thickness of her fur that her northern gryphon genetics gave her with the more temperate climate of the lands of Equestria. The second would be that she wore a form of makeup on her beak and primary feathering, colored to sharply contrast with her grey and silver color of her natural body, red-violet.


>There was also one thing that would draw someone’s attention away from her form. Her right wing seemed to be made out of metal, at first glance. But at closer examination, one would see that instead it was a cast of lightweight, durable, and maneuverable metal bars and plates fitted around it, giving it the appearance of an artificial wing.


>Regardless of her appearance and he tall form, she seemed to have finished her visual sweep of the station. She finally stepped through the door of the train and stood to the side. She swept her left wing out to her side and then in front of her, as if waving someone through. She punctuated the wave with the words…


You can now disembark, darling.

>And indeed, what came after the wave of her wing and her spoken words was an equestrian, a pegasus mare to be precise. A tall one, at that, almost rivaling the height of the silver gryphon, if just a few inches shorter.


>The equestrian who exited the train was striking, and not only due to her height. She was also completely white. So white, indeed, that it was almost blinding for the first few. Her coat, mane, and tail were all the same white color, and her eyes were no different, the whites of her eyes taking up the entirety of them except for the two black dots that marked her pupils. Her pupils were actually not black, but instead a rather deep, dark red. Whoever this pegasus was, she was an albino, but it was obvious from the way her fur shown even in the light of the station that her albinism wasn’t entirely natural. Her cutie mark, to anyone glancing at her flanks, was that of a single wing that tapered off into a quill-like point that was drawing a line. The wing-quill was white, but outlined in black, and the line it was drawing was red, like an apple. The black and red of her cutie mark was the only color to appear anywhere else on her entire body.


>As she stepped off the train she did her own sweep of the station, but it was nowhere near as detailed or meant to trace any unwanted elements. Instead she was simply happy to be off the train. She hated being in closed spaces for that long. To her the station was amazing, it seemed to be simply busling. It reminded her of her childhood in Canterlot, almost, though it was considerably less filled or busy here as it was there.


>After a second she walked forward and to the side, finally clearing the way for the rest of the passengers that had been waiting on the train behind them.


Thank you, Silver, I appreciate everything you’ve done for me.

>She said to the gryphon beside her, actually leaning in and nuzzling the larger hybrid.


>The gryphon almost seemed to blush, but no coloring appeared on her face.


It is nothing, Esis, you know I would do anything for you if you asked, you helped me find my daughter.

>The mare, now known to be named Esis, smiled at the gryphon, Silver.


Of course, of course. Let’s get our things, shall we?

>She asks and the gryphon nods. The two of them go off and get a pretty large wagon-like cart from the cargo area that was stacked precariously with their belongings, even with it’s size. To the casual observer it would seem like the perfect amount of things for two grown members of their respective species to have. But to look closer would reveal that the amount of bags marked ‘Esis’ vastly outnumbered the ones that were marked with ‘Silver’.


>Silver was the one to pull the heavy cart as she and Esis made their way out of the station and into the main thoroughfare of Crossroads.

Haybee Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520956

File: 1501907130285.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41520948

>Out of the ponies that were milling about at the station, either taking a moment to stretch their legs before the train left again, or preparing to leave, only one in particularly seemed to stick out. By no means was she a particularly colorful pony, nor did she present herself as anything unique. No, what stuck out about her was that while everyone else was going about their business, she was standing still with a clipboard, busy scribbling away. Occasionally looking up from her clipboard to observe the passengers and the clock above the ticket booth.


>She seemed to not take particular notice of anyone though she did seemed to be looking someone. When the two uncommon individuals step out of the train, she cannot help but raise an eyebrow at the sight. She looks down at her clipboard again, glances about the station and sighs, mumbling to herself.


Of course he's not here, why would he? Probably ran off to give a tour or something.

>She casually approaches the two as they exit the station.


Excuse me, i don't mean to disturb you, but might i ask, am i safe to assume you are new in town?

>Though her words projected friendly, her tone was strict and business like. Trying her best to loosen up to seem more friendly.

Silver and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520957

File: 1501907847707.png (132.79 KB, 900x900, silver wing recolor 5.png)

>>41520956
>As Silver took notice of the pony coming to approach them, she started to slow down a good ten feet before getting close enough for the mare to say anything, the weight of the cart needing time to slow so as not to run the gryphon over.

>However, it was not Silver who spoke up first, but instead Esis.


Noooo, we've been here fo-

>Before she could finish her sarcastic reply, Silver's talon flashed out and shut her muzzle, stopping her. Silver glared at her for a quick second before looking to the business-like mare in front of them with an apologetic smile.


Forgive her, she's young.

>The size of Esis possibly called into question the truth of that statement, true as it was.


Yes, we're new, just arrived.

>Silver's own tone wasn't quite friendly, but neither was it altogether standoffish, just, as with her viewing of the station before, wary.


>As if as an afterthought, Silver removed her claws from around Esis' muzzle, the mare giving her a harsh glare as she did so, but staying quiet.

Haybee Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41520961

File: 1501909342225.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41520957

< Young?

>She looks over the tall mare a moment. not truly believing the statement, but having no evidence to prove otherwise, decided to drop the matter.

Apology accepted.

>Though for what reason, she wasn't entirely sure as the implication of sarcasm seemed to have gone right over he head.


Well, since you are new, allow me to be the first to welcome you to our humble town, Crossroads.

>She briefly bows her head.


You may call me Miss Haybees. I am the assistant mayor of this fine town. Normally the Mayor himself is here to greet new comers, but he seems to be, er, preoccupied at the moment. I trust your trip was pleasurable enough?

Silver and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521290

File: 1502096863849.png (66.68 KB, 900x586, silver wing recolor 17.png)

>>41520961
>Silver nods at the mare.

We're very happy to be here. It is a very nice town.

>The gryphon would look around as she said this, taking in the sights on the main road.


>Esis took this brief moment of silence to interject herself into the conversation once more.


It was certainly interesting! I've never seen this area before.

>Silver finished her look around and looked back at Miss Haybee's.


It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Silver Wing -- yes, I know it's apt -- and this is Esis.

>She said, motioning to her. Miss Haybee would perhaps notice that Silver did not give a last name for Esis. Whether the mare would assume they shared the same last name was a good question.


The journey up here was pleasant enough, if a bit crowded. But this town is quite the blossoming flower these days, no? You must be very proud.

>Silver finished with a smile.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521378

File: 1502115817990.png (1021.92 KB, 1080x1650, Nic Nac Hop (Scarletts Fever b…)

>>41520922
Sorry for disappearing. My weekend was kinda packed >.<

>>41520921
>He trots through the lovely and quaint town beside the Mayor, the rustic and grandiose buildings making him feel like he stepped into fairy tale

Hmm, goodness, I can't think of any.
Oh, wait, so, how many new ponies are we expecting? Is there gonna be a big party for us all? What about commemorative memorabilia? Oh, I'd love something to remember this day by.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521390

File: 1502136467935.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41521378

No worries.

Ooo quite a few questions i see.

>He taps his chin thinking over the exact numbers. Or at least he pretends to be. Miss Haybees was always the one who had those numbers.


Many! We have quite a few who we are expecting as well as many more who may just drop by at a moments notice! Once all of the new comers have been accounted for, or at least most of them, there will be a Grand Reopening Celebration held at Town Hall to properly welcome everypony and provide the opportunity for the new comers to mingle with the current residents. Trader Jack himself will be supplying various commemorative memorabilia. Flags, shirts, saddle bags, and hats! There will likely be an opportunity to obtain the elusive bottle of Frost Grape Cider via a raffle as well! It will be a momentous celebration and i can hardly wait for it myself.

Haybee Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521391

File: 1502136941818.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41521290

Welcome Silver Wing and Esis

>It was more common for everyone to introduce themselves by their full name, there were some, like Miss Haybees herself, that preferred to go by only part of it. Though, she did wonder where the particularly tall mare was from considering her unusual name for a pony. She adjusts her glasses.


Yes we are quite proud of the progress we have made in the past few years. With all the funds from the trade caravans we have been able to restore most of our historical sites and begin construction on new structures for homes and businesses.

>Miss Haybees reaches into her bag and hands a map of the town to Silver. Seeing as the Gryphon seemed to be the one in charge out of the two.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521407

File: 1502159750604.png (485 KB, 794x1124, 4 Contemplative Thinking by an…)

>>41521390
Wow! That sounds fantastic! I can't wait to be there and meet the ponies I'll be living around!

Oooh, an elusive bottle of Frost Grape Cider... I bet that would look great in my store...

>Nic Nac ponders the events to come, a thoughtful yet still cheerful demeanor across his face.

Say, perhaps I could help with some of the welcome knick knacks. Hoof made memorabilia is my specialty~

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521410

File: 1502160222830.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41521407

>The mayors face seems to light up at his offer.


Absolutely! Having one of the newcomers such as yourself, contribute to the memorabilia would give it a unique personal touch.

>Coolgrass reaches into his bag again.


< Not to mention it would make it easier on Jack.


>He thinks to himself. He soon after produces a sheet of paper with some crudely drawn concept art of the earlier described memorabilia.


Drew it myself. Go ahead and give that a once over and go pay good old Trader Jack a visit! I'm sure he would be more than happy to have your help.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521493

File: 1502198766953.png (131.4 KB, 680x840, nic nac likes trains by riouku…)

>>41521410
Thank you so much, I'll be sure to make the best knick knacks this town has ever seen, or at least really really nice ones that everypony will love.

>Nic Nac hurriedly grabs the sheet and looks it up and down

>He seems to treat it less like a sheet of paper with crudely drawn images and more like a evocations of creativity and imagination
Oooh, these are really going to be memorable!
I'll be sure to visit Trader Jack right away!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521515

File: 1502218224361.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41521493

Excellent!

>He gives a friendly pat on Nic Nac's back.


I can already tell you'll fit right in this town. Now if you'll excuse me i should be getting back to the station for more meet and greets. You have an amazing day Nic Nac!

>The Mayor gives a wave as he casually strolls back towards the train station.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521647

File: 1502288431055.png (451.27 KB, 794x1124, 1 Happy by anarchypuppet.png)

>Nic Nac happily trots off towards Trader Jack's, a spring in his step and the paper wrapped up like a scroll in his mouth

>He wasn't paying much attention to the road, his mind filling with thoughts on how he would execute on the designs given to him by Mayor Coolgrass

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521668

File: 1502316558336.png (1.03 MB, 727x897, Criticalicon.png)

>>41520795
Okay, time to throw in my character.

After collecting his things from the train rafters, a lone stallion stepped out onto the train platform. A small unicorn looks about the up and coming town, probably city in the next three generations. The thing was though that this wasn't what brought this stallion to the area, instead it was the rumors of some ancient ruins near Crossroads. Was it some castle or shrine, he didn't know but the intrigue of the unknown and the possibility of finding something with potent magic was all too much the lure to bring him here.

The smoke surrounded and with a deep breath, he smiled knowing that this will probably become his best expedition yet, perhaps even put his name into the Canterlot Archives alongside Starswirl the Bearded.

Enter Critical Hit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlYZsJiey0

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521669

File: 1502318197508.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)


>One down, many more to go. He was more than excited to already see more passengers exiting the train as he approached the station. Scanning the crowd, he contemplates who to greet next.


>>41521391
>>41521290

>He of course spies the unusual pair, but seeing as his faithful assistant mayor was already on the case, he decides to look elsewhere. She could really use more practice being sociable after all.


>>41521668

>His eyes lock onto the small unicorn just leaving the train. With a smile on his face, the Mayor does his best to casually approach the new face.


Greetings stranger! How are you on this fine day?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521670

File: 1502318638552.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41521669
In a sarcastic tone, Crit greets him, "Heh, some pony out here waiting for us eh? What's next, are you gonna roll out a red carpet and treat us to a hoof massage."

Critical laughs as he shakes the stranger's hoof.

"That name is Critical Hit, a traveling magic type. I was hoping to have a look around here first and possibly find some work by doing oddball jobs."

He didn't have any money on him and his meager supplies wouldn't be enough to survive the ruins if there were any trouble. For now, he'll just focus on getting a lay of the land, do some work, and learn the locale of the ruins.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521672

File: 1502319309717.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41521670

>He returns the strangers sarcasm with some of his own.


Unfortunately no red carpet or hoof massages today. My assistant said we did not have the funds to do so.

>He shakes the strangers hoof.


Pleased to meet you Critical Hit. I am Mayor Coolgrass. Duly elected leader of our fine town. You will find that there will be many opportunities for work around here and i would be more than glad to point you in the right direction. Of course that all depends on what type of work you are looking for.

>Unicorns tended to be an uncommon sight this far out so his magic skills would be very useful just about everywhere.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521673

File: 1502319572832.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, Critical the Waster.png)

>>41521672
He thinks about it for a moment, unsure of where to start...

"Whelp, I come from a long line of magic consultants. A hero needs to know how the fire enchantment on his sword works, you get me. Need to find out what kind of spell that killed that pony, you get me. For any reason you need to know how magics work, you get me."

He also points to his rugged and worn down equipment.

"I'm also good at getting my hooves dirty but at the moment I'm not too capable with what I got unless I got a team to come with me."

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521674

File: 1502320724031.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41521673

>The Mayor listens carefully, taking mental note off all this newcomer claimed to be capable of.


Hmm, that is quite the useful set of skills you have there. Off the top of my head i can think of a few other ponies who could use your help.

>Reaching into his saddlebag, he pulls out a map of the town, holding it open and pointing for a few location on the map as he speaks.


For someone with your unique set of skills, i would recommend seeing Trader Jack. He buys his products in bulk and tends to get quite a few magical items he has no understanding of. He would have the most work for you.

>He hums thoughtfully.


you might also want to pay a visit to Haywire, our resident unicorn. Her general duties involve repairs and some construction, but she is always working on some new type of magical construct. I'm sure she would love the input of another skilled in their understanding of magic.

>He points to one last location on the far end of town.


Then there's the sheriff.

>He quickly glances about to make sure no one was eavesdropping.


If you are prepared to handle a little adventure, she has a few cases that she's been trying to solve. One of which i know for a fact has magical interference written all over it.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521696

File: 1502347482254.png (111.71 KB, 609x833, silver wing recolor 6.png)

>>41521391
>Silver nods and takes the map of the town. Esis gives the two of them a look, but says nothing.

It sounds like you've got everything down pat. I look forward to seeing the town grow.

>Silver noticed the look Esis gave her and passed her the map, allowing her to get a look at it. She wasn't the one pulling the heavy cart, after all, she could at least navigate for them.


>Esis takes the map using her wings as hands, and opens it and begins looking at it, now thoroughly distracted from the conversation at hand.


>Silver smirks and resumes talking to Haybee.


So, what's the story with the town? I know it's popular because of the Crystal Empire coming back, but what's some of it's history? It'll be good to know for the future.

Haybee Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521699

File: 1502351319903.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41521696

History? I suppose i can give you a simple summery.

>She clears her throat as though she had rehearsed this many times before.


Crossroads was founded hundreds of years ago by an earth pony whom we have since lost the name of, though their statue still stands at the center of town in front of Town Hall. Originally established as a rival to Vanhoover, it quickly lost as a city established along the coast tends to thrive much easier. Had it not been for our proximity to Galloping Gorge and the Grape Farm, Crossroads might have faded from history. A few hundred years ago there was a band of thieves led by "Shadow Hoof" who attempted to make our town their headquarters for a time. Eventually being discovered and their hideout raided with the majority being arrested. Then about a hundred years ago we had a bit of a commotion here when a known outlaw, Brass Buckle, came through here with his gang and took the town hostage. Before the Crystal Empire we primarily thrived on visitors seeking to explore Galloping Gorge and the Grapes selling their products.

>Miss Haybees adjusts her glasses.


Now, if you wish to know more in detail about our towns history, i would recommend visiting the local historian, Page Turner.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521911

File: 1502419103548.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41521674
"Hmm... I think I'll visit this Haywire first, if she's constructing golems then she'll probably need a number of supplies to do so and if I'm gonna help her, I'd rather have that list before I set off to any place. After that I'll check in with Trader Jack and do some work and get some money so I can buy some supplies. Lastly I'll check in with our local sheriff so that she can meet Crossroads newest law abiding citizen."

Critical gives a farewell to the mayor and heads towards to where Haywire should be.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521915

>>41521911

>The Mayor waves goodbye to him. It sounded like a solid enough of a plan to him. Though he did wish he could have spoken with this new comer more. Oh well, back to the meet and greet!


>As Critical walks down the street, a handful of ponies are walking about minding their own business. Along the left side of the street hits the building he seeks with a sign marked "Haywire, Handypony". Though it had a large window to allow passers bye to peer inside, at the moment it was all fogged up. From outside Critical would be able to hear two muffled voices coming from inside.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521916

>>41521915
Critical was curious, a problem he always had and the mysterious intrigue drew him do some some underhanded things in the past. He moved up carefully and pressed his body up against the wall, peering into the window. Hopefully he could see and hear what was going on inside.

Haywire + ???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521917

File: 1502421780536.png (400.51 KB, 1731x1020, image3355.png)

>>41521916

>With his body pressed up against the wall and so up close to the window, he would be able to make out two ponies inside. Various tools hanging on the walls and several barrels of blueprints and more building supplies. He would also faintly be able to make out their conversation. The Pegasus speaking first.


I dunno Haywire, he seems like he cares more about "expanding" than the rest of us already here.

Oh don't worry so much. This is his first time doing this sort of thing. Besides, it's probably just you being paranoid again.

What? I'm not paranoid. Who told you i was paranoid?

>The unicorn addressed as "Haywire" face hoofs.


...Was it something i said?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521918

File: 1502422200623.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41521917
Critical assumed that he wasn't gonna learn much else by listening. Only thing they seemed to be talking about is the town's expansion and from what he could guess is that the mayor he met a while ago was new to his line of work. Without much reservation, Critical opens the door to the workshop, letting the bell ring as he enters to let them know that they have a customer/job searcher.

"Er hello? I was told that some pony here could use some magic expertise."

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521919

File: 1502422585401.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521918

>The two of them turn their attention towards the door as Critical enters. The Pegasus turns back to Haywire.


I'll talk to you later Haywire. Looks like you've got some new business.

>She shuffles past Critical and out the door. Haywire briefly waving goodbye as they leave.


Magic expertise huh? Well, you've come to the right place!

>She holds out her hoof and shakes his.


Names Haywire. I do most of the repairs and construction work around town, but i do have a few side projects I've been working on. So uh, how did you hear i had might need some help?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521920

File: 1502422778497.png (72.06 KB, 1080x785, Critical Hit Redone.png)

>>41521919
Crit decided to with hold his source being the mayor himself, don't need to cause a rift between Haywire and himself...

"Oh I was just chatting up around in the local inn and somepony mentioned that you were doing some stuff on the side that required the arcane. I forgot the specifics on what it was that he said but perhaps you can fill me in on the rest of it."

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521922

File: 1502423491714.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521920

Mmm i probably know who it was then. Uh, here, come on into the back room and i can show you what I've been working on.

>She starts walking to the back of the store. Pausing halfway down, her horn glows, pulling a hidden lever down. An imitation Haywire cutout pops up behind the counter. She looks back at Critical and winks.


Gotta have somepony watch while I'm busy. Anyways.

>She continues to the back of the store and pushes open the door.


So, I've been trying to figure out this whole "Golem" thing for awhile, but i have a hard time utilizing the magic part of it.

>As they enter the back room, there are several medium sized contraption in the works. Bits and pieces of tools and equipment scattered about each of them, with notes stuck to the walls in clumps near each one. The one in particular that would stand out would be the large carved armored pony in the back, next to a small chest.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521923

File: 1502423922418.png (471.07 KB, 3507x2550, Critpipbucksketch.png)

>>41521922
Critical smirks at the thought of somepony trying to talk to the fake Haywire but when he saw the golem, he was pretty impressed that she was able to get this far on her own. He goes on up to the golem and examine it parts and mechanisms.

"Aahh... so you were able to construct all of it then. That's pretty good actually. Now what I know about golems is that you need to put on a number of enchantments that allow the master to issue commands to it. To do so we will need a book on that because if we try to put on the commands ourselves "Go make me some tea." will literally turn into "Go kill the entire town." Trust me when I tell you that I've seen to many wizardly aspirants torn apart by their own golems."

He steps back to get a better view of it.

"If I can get a guide to golem enchantment then we would just need to acquire the necessary things to secure the enchantments on to the body. After that we'll have to register a master, most likely you or the sheriff if this is gonna be used for security reasons."

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521925

File: 1502424841022.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521923

>Haywire's eyes go wide at his explanation. Taking a cautionary step back from her creation.


Wow, i had no idea that was a possibility. I was just going off of a kit i got at Jacks.

>Using her magic, she opens the chest next to her construct. Inside are a few more scattered bits and pieces and a book titled "Golems for dummies". She lifts it out of the chest and brings it over to Critical.


This was the book that came with it.

>Upon investigating the text, he would find that this was designed to create much simpler "golems". Though from the sound of it, it was more an instruction guide on temporary animation of inanimate objects. Primarily stuffed plush's and other such smaller toys.


I thought i might be able to tweak it a bit for what i was going for.

>She lifts a hoof and rubs the back of her neck

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521926

File: 1502425459848.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, Crit portrait new.png)

>>41521925
He looks back at her, "Oh yeah golems have a history of being used for self defense by wealthy nobles up to war machines. Typically a golem can be sent in to disrupt an infantry formation up to even besieging a fortification like a wall. Only problem is that the master must stay within range of the golem to give it commands and if the master gets too far away or dies, the golem just stands still or may go on a killer rampage based on its last command. That's why some explorers will find some golems in ancient ruins that attack them on sight."

He looks through the pages and sees that the enchantments here are more or less mediocre to the scale of this golem.

"Hmm... well I don't think tweaking the enchantments here will cause any sense of danger, just cause it to more or less to keep walking into the nearest wall. Just whenever you do these kinds of experiments, be sure to follow all of the instructions to the letter, I can go on and on about how some wizards have their skin turned inside out or have the demon they summon eat them."

It's pretty clear that Critical has seen the worst in magic and has probably rid along its more dangerous edges, causing his sarcastic nature to vanish when approaching such subjects. Of course him being to a family who worked in this kind of business makes his disposition to magic more apparent.

"So in order to know what we need to get for your golem, I need to know what you want to use it for," he smiles with a glint in his eye, "And if you say its for sex then I'm out of here."

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521927

File: 1502426226923.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521926

>Haywire's eyes seem to continue to grow wider and wider as he describes all the various ways things could have gone wrong. Being more mechanically talented, she was used to using instructions as more guidelines. She didn't know much about this pony, but he sure seemed to have seen a lot in his life compared to her relatively sheltered life.


Oh, well i was planning to use it for- W-W-WHAT!?

>Her relatively calm exterior seemed to shatter all at once. Blushing profusely, she turns her body slightly, raising a hoof defensively.


N-NO! O-of course not! I would never! I mean, i never thought about- NO! Th-thats not what i was going to use it for!

>She lets out a huff. Flustered and embarassed, she continues, although avoiding eye contact with Critical.


With all the new comers, i thought it would be nice to have some extra security around the town is all. Watch the stores at night and stuff.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521928

File: 1502426767952.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41521927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlCd8i7_20
Some town music to listen to.

"Easy there tomato face, I was only joking." Crit just smiles, getting his amusement at the expense of others. "Anyways security is one of the more easier things to deal with, to be honest all it will do is guard an area and attack when danger is present. For us though we'll make sure it is non lethal in practicing, don't want it killing a kid who just stole a lollipop from the store."

He then ponders on where he could find such a spell tome that will allow golem craft of a protective nature, his best guess would be to check out the trader pony once his business is done here.

"Here's my offer for helping you with your golem. I'll look for the book for free and put on the enchantments for you, all I ask for is that I will be able to issue it commands whenever I'm near it. Do we have a deal?"

He holds his hoof out for her to shake, hoping she would take his offer. Having a stake in this golem could prove useful in the future like if the golem goes awry for any reason.

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521929

File: 1502427912779.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521928

Ooo, nice music. I like it!

>She takes on a deep breath and slowly exhales to regain her composure.


Right, even the sheriff isn't that strict.

>She looks up to Critical again, now having calmed down significantly. She begins to raise her hoof, but pauses. She hardly knew this pony. How could she be sure he could be trusted.


Well... I'm not sure i can trust a stranger with something like that. Considering what you've told me these things are capable of.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521930

File: 1502428244843.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41521929
It's from the wild arms series, specifically 3 for the Ps2. I suggest you try it out if you're into things like Final Fantasy and the wild west.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK_ZHx60yg0

He then looks at her confidently, "But I know how these things work, are you so sure about yourself that you will be able to stop this thing if something goes wrong? I knew ponies who believed they had control, now they're 6 feet under. Besides all I would do with it is check in on it and make sure all of the enchantments are working.

... Of course if this is a trust issue, then I can spare some time later on so that we can get to know each other better."

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521931

File: 1502428576795.png (213.74 KB, 1280x800, silver wing recolor 24.png)

>>41521699
>Silver listens intently as Haybee gives her the short rundown of the town's history. The story of the town was very interesting, with it's odd founding and several run-ins with less than reputable ponies over years.

>Meanwhile, Esis continues to look at the map, turning it around and around in her wings, looking at it every which way. She seemed intent on her self-assigned task and was hardly listening to the mare as she spoke.


That is very interesting. It works for now, but I may have to visit this... Page Turner at some point.

>Silver said, making a mental note of the pony's name for the future. She then motioned her head to the large cart that was attached to her back by a special contraption that allowed a gryphon to pull what would normally require a pony.


Now, before we take a look around, where would one go to to deal with housing. As you can see, why have, well... a whole lot of stuff.

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521932

File: 1502428647753.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521930

Sounds like it would be right up my ally. I'll have to reinstall a ps2 emulator, but i've been meaning to do that for awhile anyways.

>Haywire rubs the back of her neck as she mulls it over.


Mmm, you make a good point. ... Alright, i guess it should be fine if you're willing to stick around.

>She quickly adds on.


But the sheriff needs to be the one in control of it, along with me. So, if you can convince her to trust you, then i won't have a problem with it. Not one bit.

>She shakes his hoof.


You've got a deal stranger. Oh.

>She tilts her head slightly, coming to a realization.


I don't think you gave me your name yet.
This post was edited by its author on .

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521934

File: 1502430272804.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41521931

For dealing with housing, you would actually be dealing with me. We have quite a few new homes established and ready to go. Unfortunately, I have other duties to attend to at the moment so i cannot assist you at this time. Unless...

>Miss Haybees clears her throat before calling out into the open.


MISS SPLIT!

>Quickly a young unicorn seems to appear out of nowhere, panting and tired.


Y-yes Miss Haybees?

>Haybees hands her clipboard over to the unicorn.


Will you please take this task over. I need to return to Town Hall to help these fine visitors.

>The unicorn takes the clipboard and nods understandingly. Miss Haybees returns her focus to the two at hand.


If you come to Town Hall i would be more than glad to assist you in finding a home. I can lead you to town Hall, or, if you like, you can simply meet me there after you have done some sight seeing on mane street.

???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521935

File: 1502430621183.png (182.89 KB, 1000x1000, Clove Hitch.png)

>>41521647

I am so sorry! I don't know how i missed this post.

>As Nic Nac wanders down the road blissfully unaware of his surroundings, a voice calls out to him


LOOK OUT!

>A large purple stallion carrying a heavy cart full of grapes, rushes towards Nic Nac, also unaware of his presence. He would soon find himself tackled out of the way by a Pegasus.


Ooof!

>As the stallion with the cart goes past, still unaware, the pegasus stands up almost immediately and holds out a hoof to help lift him up.


Are you alright? I think i hit you a lot harder than i needed to.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521944

File: 1502461109723.png (99.44 KB, 680x840, nic nac scared by the demons i…)

>>41521935
Cuz I didn't link it to any post in particular. I was kinda okay bumping into anyone :3
>Nic Nac rubs his head with a hoof, the rolled up document crunched up a little in his mouth
Mmmnf, Ahm mkay.

>He takes the pegasus's hoof and gets up on his own hooves

Thamk yew zho mucsh. Ah dndn evfn zee zhad gumming.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521981

File: 1502469924240.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, Coffee.png)

>>41521932
"Sounds fair enough." Crit didn't like her answer as much as he was hoping for. Still though he figured that since he was putting on the enchantments himself then he can sneak in his own stuff to control it with and not have the others notice. "Oh any my name?... heh The name is Critical Hit, but you can call me Crit for short if you want."

He gets on up and was heading out to leave, "Now before I go, is there anything else that I need to know or are we good here?"

???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521989

File: 1502476741193.png (182.89 KB, 1000x1000, Clove Hitch.png)

>>41521944
Doh. I should have figured that.

You should be more careful next time. Not everyone around here is friendly towards stranger.

>She turns to look towards the stallion who was now unloading boxes of grapes from his cart and carrying them into the the local saloon.


I aught to give Concord a talking too. Once of these days his carelessness is gonna get him in a LOT of trouble.

Haywire!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521990

File: 1502476927536.png (291.61 KB, 2088x3000, Haywire.png)

>>41521981

>Haywire briefly hums as the thinks it over.


Nope! I think that's just about all i need at the moment. Unless you know a good baby sitter.

>She tacks on casually, not seriously expecting an answer.


Jacks should be just across the street. It's got a big warehouse behind it. Can't miss it.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521991

File: 1502477195446.png (451.27 KB, 794x1124, 1 Happy by anarchypuppet.png)

>>41521989
Noff friembly? Zha down loogs friembly emough.

>Nic Nac scratches his chin a little

Well, ifs nife to meef yew. Bud, ah godda go do Drader Jaggs.

???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521992

File: 1502477646321.png (182.89 KB, 1000x1000, Clove Hitch.png)

>>41521991

>She pauses and stares for a moment, trying to decipher what he had said this time.


Oh! Trader Jacks! Couldn't figure out what you were trying to say for a second there.

>She points towards the display window that was nearly stacked to the ceiling in various items.


He should be just in there.

>She gives him a pat on the back.


I guess I'll leave you to it, be more careful next time stranger!

>With a few flaps of her wings, she is off into the sky, flying off towards the residential part of town.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521994

>>41521992
>Nic Nac waves as she bolts off
Fank yew!

>He readies to trot off but stops and looks in both directions first before heading towards Trader Jack's.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522112

File: 1502500404779.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41521990
"No that's not my market. Anyways I'll see what I can do from here on out."

Critical steps out of the store and heads towards Trader Jacks, in the back of his mind he doubted that some mundane trader will have what he needs. Instead this trip was mare or less focusing on getting an odd job so that he can get money to get supplies. Then he'd be readily equipped to head on into the ruins site and look for some books on golem craft there. Of course he would need to see the sheriff before that and get whatever job he can from her first, knock a few birds with a single stone and what not.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522267

File: 1502594442205.png (85.65 KB, 900x700, Crit's sleeping.png)

>>41521990
>>41522112
>Be two days... or so I can't remember since last post.

Please OP, don't let this die.

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522271

File: 1502598830899.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522267

Sorry about the lack of activity on my part. Been surprisingly busy lately.

>>41521994
>>41522112

>As the two approach Trader Jacks, they would be able to hear quite a bit of chit chat. From the sound of it, there were a few other ponies in the shop going about their business. Hopefully with how occupied his shop was at the moment, he would still have the time to assist the two new faces. Although most of the display window was blocked by a wide variety of products, Trader Jack himself could be spotted through a gap. Organizing supplies behind the counter while the other customers browsed and chatted.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522272

File: 1502599393378.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41522271
I know that feel.

Critical entered on through and approached the rustic looking stallion who was stocking up his shelves. An entrepreneurial type, making money on his own, Crit respected this fellow for his trade of independence.

"You must be Trader Jack, the general store owner I've been hearing about. I'm the new... dice rolling stallion.", looks like Crit will still be an asshole, "Jokes aside I was hoping to get a job or two for you, I could use some quick cash."

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522278

File: 1502600988816.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522272

Yuuup, that's me.

>He pushes a box of salt shakers onto the shelf before turning around to face the new voice. He looks Crit over and speaks in a casual, friendly tone.


Dice rolling stallion huh? Well if i ever need a pony for a game of craps or a DM, you'll be the first to know. But i'm guessing that's not the kind of work you're looking for.

>Although he was being sarcastic, it was a very dry form of it. Making it difficult for your average pony to be able to tell the difference.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522279

File: 1502601443356.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, Critical the Waster.png)

>>41522278
"Yeah..." Crit thinks for a moment, "Really I can do any sort of work that you would need to be honest. To tell you the truth I'm the kind of pony who gets things done so if there are any jobs that are out there, I can handle it. Other than that I heard that you might need help identifying some magical properties on certain items in your stock, but I think we can do a bit more... demanding in task than that."

It seems that Critical is used to the more dangerous work, or at least the kind of work you would need to keep a clear and focused mind on.

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522283

File: 1502603296315.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522279

Hmm. Yeah, i suppose i have a few things like that.

>He motions over towards a large barrel with a sign over it marked, "Misc enchantment bin."


I don't know what half that stuff does, but it all seems pretty harmless from the looks of em. Sees a lot of enchanted objects to tell the difference between a dangerous one and a harmless one, but i do have an interesting piece i ain't quite sure what to do with.

>He reaches under the counter and pull out what looks like an ice bow used for the Equestria games, but it has an extra set of glowing markings along the handle.


Besides the obvious applications of this bow, I'm a little hesitant to test it out. What with the markings on it and all.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522286

File: 1502604398863.gif (157.15 KB, 1920x1080, Laser-Shot.gif)

>>41522283
Critical smiles at the bow devilishly, his eyes tell tale that he believes that there was mischief to this bow.

"Well then if this is a bow used in the Equestrian games, then this is an illegal bow. My guess is that either a player or maybe a team captain, bribed an entrance guard to let this bow pass security. You see they have these arcs that are used to nullify magic so no pony can use magic, and magic items become useless... unless the enchantment is so strong it can resist the arcs like an Element of Harmony."

Critical takes a closer look.

"Now any pony who has dabbled in the art of enchanting weapons will tell you is that their first enchantment was that of an attack boost. Basically it allows any weapon to hit their target a little bit easier than normal. A pony can swing a sword without losing their balance, a pony can steady a bow with ease. My initial guess that it is an attack boost is due to the nature of the competition and the fact that the magic markings is directly on the handle and nowhere else. Still though let me do a once over it with a detect magic spell..."

Critical levitates the bow with his magic and tries to hone in on the handle, focusing on the ebb and flow of the energy and get a feel for it.

I dunno if we do dice rolls or not.

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522289

File: 1502605671206.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522286

I don't mind if you want to roll to determine the outcome of certain things, but try to keep it simple. I kind of want to avoid having to require character sheets and whatnot.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Caravan i got it from said it was a banned item from the Equestria Games when they were hosted in the Crystal Empire. Some hot shot tried to get it through, but obviously it didn't work out to well.

>As Crit examines the box, he would find that it had been enchanted with an impressively powerful attack boost. Whoever got this bow enchanted, they went through some extreme measures and put a lot at risk for this.


Was planning to use it actually. Pretty good at archery myself back in the day. That and it make a great display piece.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522291

File: 1502606302728.png (197.15 KB, 1920x1080, Explainen.png)

>>41522289
I'll reserve rolls for when it is the outcome is extremely up to chance, other than that I leave to your discretion.

"Yeah but... what if you let me took it. I would be able to put it to good use and if you let me have it, I'll use it to get rare and magical items that I will sell to you before I sell to anypony else. Let me use it so you can buy things from me and then you can make some serious cash. It's a win win right?"

Crit was unsure if this would persuade the old timer but hey, could you blame him for trying?

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522292

File: 1502607302464.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522291

>The old timer shakes his head.


Nah, sorry fella. I may not know exactly what that enchantment is, but i know it's worth a whole lot more than a strangers promise. You'd have to do a lot more for me and this town before i trust you with this fine weapon.

>He rubs his chin in thought.


Actually, i probably wouldn't trust half the folks in this town with it to begin with.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522294

File: 1502607745504.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41522292
Critical rolls his eyes, obviously annoyed with the answer.

"Eh... alright then." He then gives a quick explanation on what the bow does. "Anyways what did you mean that you don't trust some of the townsfolk, I thought a small community like this would be knitted a little more closely than that."

As he had already shown before, Critical is now getting into business and affairs that admittedly he shouldn't be delving into though inquiring about such things are in his nature. To observe and detect his surroundings and to make sense of it is how he has survived thus far.

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522298

File: 1502608637036.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522294

>Jack takes back the bow and looks it over. Obviously impressed that he managed to land such a unique item.


Oh don't get me wrong, we're all pretty close to each other, but you know how it is sometimes.

>He places the bow into a box under the counter and locks it up.


Just cause we all know each other better than close family, doesn't mean we all get along too well. Course, it wasn't as bad then as it is now.

>He turns to face his wall of shelves as he moves some items around while continuing to speak.


Things were easier to roll with before the Crystal Empire showed up. Some ponies just don't like change and some of us do.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522300

File: 1502609219394.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41522298
Some more gud musakk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCS_u8Z-R2Q

"Considering your work, you're probably in favor of having the Empire around. With it I'm sure plenty of outsider folk come in and buy stuff, ponies sorta like me I guess."

Of course that wasn't the case since he was more into looking for work than buying at the moment. Come to think of it, it's starting to look like he'll have to hold off on buying supplies and just listen and comprehend on the town's issues.

"You know this place reminds me of another I spent some time at before coming here." he leans on the counter and reminisced, "Yeah it was way up north and cold as hell. Folk up there were nice but they didn't like me too much and I left."

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522304

File: 1502609474232.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522300

You could say I'm a bit biased on the issue. Hoping to build this business up to the point i can open up a buncha stores like this all across Equestria. Then retire to an exciting location. Like Las Pegasus, Manehatten, maybe even Ponyville.

>He raises an eyebrow as the pony reminisces.


Far north huh? Can't say i know of many town up that was. I take it you're pretty well traveled then?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522307

File: 1502609908201.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, Coffee.png)

>>41522304
Critical rolls his eyes again, what respect he had for this guy now vanished. He liked that he was in business for himself but due to Crit's chaotic nature, he tended to have a slight hatred to large businesses that take out small private local ones.

"Well I've been around on my hooves for a long time, going around and seeing what I can to expand my knowledge on magic and how it shapes and affects our world."

He gets off of the counter and focuses on his task, he didn't feel like going down memory lane right now.

"Anyways lets get back to business. Do you need anything specific I can help with, if not I'm gonna head on out and see where else I can go. Aside from that, do I at least get some form of compensation for the identification of your bow?"

Trader Jack can see why some ponies wouldn't like Crit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckbaTpaNUN0

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522310

File: 1502610801206.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522307

>The rollings eyes are not lost on him, but he chooses not to react. He was used to other reacting a similar way whenever he talked about his dream.


Welp, I'm always willing to pay for hard work. I can give you your bits now for helpin me out with the bow, but you can always earn more if you help me get the rest a those low level ones identified. It's not fun work, but there's a hoofull of bits in it for ya if you're interested.

>He kind of liked this pony. Reminded him of himself back in the day.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522313

>>41522310
Yeah I couldn't help but feel that Jack was like an older version of my Character

Critical thought about it and nodded, not only would he be able to earn a few bits but also get to show off some magic knowledge.

"Well since you promise the pay is good, lets take a look at the first few items you got there in that barrel. No sense in keeping them in there like rubbish, many adventurers will pay good money for just one but they're worthless if you don't know the enchantment because if you don't know it then you can't properly exploit the enchantment for yourself when the time is right."

Critical lets Trader Jack look through the barrel and fish out whatever he wants inspected first.

I dunno if you just wanna say he spent an hour identifying the magic items or actually have me identify them one by one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qU2tKMrUQ

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522316

File: 1502612240727.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522313

It was weird, i didn't plan for it, but it just kind of worked out that way. Crazy right? We'll just time skip the identifying part too.

>Jack got Crit set up at a table behind the counter where he could review the various enchanted items without interference while Jack himself tended to his customers. As Crit sorts through the items he would find they varied from single use teleportation tablets to making the user smell more pleasant. Nothing particularly powerful, but useful none the less.


>When he finishes examining the last of the items, Jack walks over and places a small bag filled with bits on the table.


You did good kid. Gave you a little somethin extra for doin it so quick too.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522317

>>41522316
There's actually quite the number of uncanny similarities between the two.

Both have similar hair styles and hair colors
Both have an affinity for facial hair
Both like money
Both have experience with bows (Crit's is implied due to his wanting of the bow)
Both are well traveled (Jack's is implied through asking Crit about his traveling and him wanting to settle down some place far away)
Both of them have cutiemarks that resemble items that are used to play games of chance
Both even make the same pose here. >>41522289 >>41522291


Crit looks at the bag like a filly looks at the candy store, full of excitement and planning on what sort of guilty pleasures they'll indulge in the near future.

"Thanks for that, I'll make sure it gets put to good use..." he wasn't sure if what he was going to do was going to help the town but as long as he could at least make it look like it then perhaps he can improve relations with the residents here. "Now to buy something from here. Right now I'm in the market for a sword, something short so I can have something for close range. Then I'll need... one things of rations... and one sleeping bag."

Sounded like stuff a hobo would use but Crit knew traveling out in the ruins would take a while and he didn't feel like sleeping on cold stone if was caught out there after dark.

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522319

File: 1502613895175.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522317

Holy crap you're right. That's crazy!

That's what i like to hear.

>Jack gives Crit an approving nod, opening a locked display cabinet containing various weapons and pulls out a simple short sword. It is not of particularly high quality, but it should do the job. As he began to gather a sack of rations he speaks again.


You know, I love sleeping out under the stars as much as the next pony, but if you're plannin on stayin awhile you should invest in a more... secure shelter.

>He finishes preparing the sack of rations and places them on the counter.


If you feel up to it you can ask Amber Nectar if you can stay the night in her spare room. She runs the the saloon down the street, Stomping Grounds. Or you could try givin a sob story to the folks at the hotel. both of em would probably give you a free nights stay so long as you play your cards right. Might save you some bits in the long run.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522321

File: 1502614453702.png (72.06 KB, 1080x785, Critical Hit Redone.png)

>>41522319
Ooh if you notice, that's a total of 7 similarities. Quite the lucky number for two luck based ponies.

Critical considered his options, begging for a room at a hotel with a bunch of stuck up ponies was already out of the question. Besides a room at the saloon would be more his speed due to Critical's fondness to getting piss drunk night after night.

"Well thanks for getting me set along my way now, I'm gonna see if there is any work to be had about those ruins down there. Now that I have supplies, I can check them out safely and see if there is anything to note. After that I sell off whatever I get and then I leave for the next town."

Critical heads on out of the general goods store and heads on over to his last stop before his expedition, the sheriff's office. Even though he didn't like authority figures too much, he couldn't deny that the level of dangerous work was where the money his talents could earn the most he'll just have to complete the jobs in his own way.

I know Crit said he would eventually leave but I do plan on just keeping him in town and doing other things as the RP progresses so you won't have to worry about that.

Also this is gonna be my last post for the night, I gotta do a bunch of stuff tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlYZsJiey0

Trader Jack!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522322

File: 1502614774223.png (253.8 KB, 4000x4500, Trader Jack.png)

>>41522321

This world is a magical place.

>Jack waves as Crit exits his shop. Knowing that this was likely not the last he'd see of him.


Hope that kid knows what he getting into.

Alrighty! Sleep well! and thanks for the sweet tunes.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522415

>>41522322
Had a real hard night tonight but I am here now.

Critical stepped through the Crossroads streets and common places, getting lost at first but then found his way to the police station. He looked at it from a distance to see what was going on right now, perhaps something gossip tier will happen. Nonetheless as he did this, his mind wondered what would he find down in the ruins, aside from trying to find a book on golem craft he was curious as to what kind of artifacts would be there. Then he thought of who would live in such a secluded area way back in ancient times. Soon Crit realized he forgot he was examining the police station building and focused back to that task.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522417

File: 1502687206366.png (132.79 KB, 900x900, silver wing recolor 5.png)

>>41521934
>Haybees' sudden yell for her assistant spooks Esis, who was too engrossed in the map to be paying attention, and she jumps up in the air, dropping the map and flaring her wings out, one of which smacks Silver in the side of the head.

Ouch!

>Silver exclaims, bringing a talon up to rub at her head.


>Esis calms down and lands back where she stood, turning towards Silver.


Silver, I'm so sorry!

>She exclaims, moving towards her, but Silver holds up her talon.


It's fine, Esis, I'm okay.

>Silver shook her head once and looked back at Haybees, resuming the conversation as if nothing had happened.


That... is very nice of you. We can look at things her later, I'd like to get this stuff put away before doing too much else.

>Esis looks wearily at Silver before reaching down with her dextrous wings and picking the map off the ground, wiping it off and then folding it up, ready to move when Silver did.

Police Station!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522421

>>41522415

Sorry for the slow response. Had another pretty busy day and I have an appointment early tomorrow so i'll have to head out earlier than usual. I'll have more time again starting tomorrow though. Sorry.

>The police station itself seemed to be fairly average its structure. Though it was a little older than what would commonly be seen elsewhere. The front door say ajar allowing the cool breeze from outside to flow in. Even from the outside he could see the white hooves hanging off a leaned back chair. A soft humming of a tune coming from inside

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522426

File: 1502689802364.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41522421
While Crit did enjoy the tune he was hearing, he still had business and money to make here. So he went on up to the door, gave it a light knock, and slowly opened the door and stepped inside. He then looks to the pony sitting in the chair, "Ah you must Livingstone I presume?"

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522428

>>41522417

Of course. Let's get right to it then.

>Haybees leads the two down the street. A handful of other ponies going about their business. As they travel down the street, a large purple stallion steps out of the local saloon and can't help but stop and stare at the tall white Pegasus. At the end of the street they might spy a yellow pony poke it's its head between the curtains at the hotel to gawk at the unusual newcomers.


Dont mind them. They do that for everyone.

>She motions for them to follow her past the fountain and through the open doors of Town Hall.


Just through here if you please and we will get you set up with housing in no time.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522430

>>41522426

>Sitting leaned back in the chair is a white Pegasus with a blue mane and tail. His manecut casual and his nose in a mystery novel. The source of the humming being himself. He looks up from his book at the new comer.


Livingstone? No, I'm Skip Tracer.

>The sarcasm seemingly flying over his head.


Can I help you stranger?

>Though sincerely friendly, he seems a little annoyed that his book reading was interrupted.


When I have access to my computer tomorrow, I'll post a pic of what he looks like.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522431

File: 1502690692089.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, Crit portrait new.png)

>>41522430
Crit was confused, he thought he heard that the sheriff here is a mare not a stallion. So either Crit is still hard at hearing... or listening or it was just simply that this stallion was not the sheriff.

"Yeah, I was looking for the sheriff. Don't worry I'll leave you to your romance novel once I conduct business with her."

Crit knew that it was just a mystery novel but still, just to get under the stallion skin.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522435

>>41522431

Oh, yeah shes- Hey!

>Skip let's out a huff and taps on the cover of the book.


This here is a collection of some of the greatest mystery stories the world has ever known! The phsycological analysis of the criminals, the incredible detail described, the unexpected twists and turns. It might as well be an instruction guide on how to be a good investigator! Not that id expected some random stranger to understand that.

>He takes in a deep breath and sighs.


Sorry about that.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522438

File: 1502691502790.png (197.15 KB, 1920x1080, Explainen.png)

>>41522435
Crit laughs, "You're gonna try to learn from that book? Please, you'd be best off on learning on your own. In order to be a good police officer you must think abstractly and some story book will not teach you how to do that because these stories already have a defined ending at the very first sentence. My advice is to study actual medical reports of actual criminals and on the side challenge your brain in feats of problem solving like playing chess or strategy."

He shook his head, now physically getting out of his tangent.

"Er, still though I do need to find the sheriff. If you could point me to where she is..." He's gesturing at Skip to give him the locale.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522443

>>41522438

>Skip grumbles something indiscernable under his breath.


I don't have to take this.

>He shoved his snout back I to his book.


She went out. Had to take care of a troublemaker over by the ruins. She'll get back any second now.

>He peers over his book suspiciously.


What's it to ya anyways? Nobody ever comes to see the sheriff.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522447

>>41522443
"Oh I was just looking for work but it looks I'll be going to the ruins early today."

He starts to step out and got a little concerned.

"I hope she hasn't been out for too long. These kinds of places can prove fatal if you don't have the right mindset for them."

Critical headed on out to where the ruin site was, getting up on a nearby hill to spy over the area and see if he could spot anything to note or any points of interest.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522449

>>41522447
Gonna have to call it a night here. Night!

>As Crit exits the station, Skip calls out to him.


Sheriff can take care of herself juuuuust fine.

>The view from the nearby hill doesn't provide much the the way of a view, but it will do for now. From the top of the hill, he can see most of the town. Out a little past the residential area is a large dig site. Surrounded by a heavy duty fence. Just crossing exiting the ruins is a earth pony mate with a dark red mane and equally dark blue coat. With her is a seafoam green pony tied up. The red and blue pony turns and locks up the gate into the ruins.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522450

File: 1502694145665.png (1.03 MB, 727x897, Criticalicon.png)

>>41522449
That's okay
Critical approaches the two, his gear clicking and clacking with each hoofstep.

"You look like you have your hooves full there sheriff, what did this pony do?"

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522496

File: 1502757394856.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41522450

>The uniformed earth pony gazes at Crit from behind her sunglasses. Her voice is raspy, stern, and mostly monotone.


No more than usual.

>As she finished locking up the gate she turns to fully face him. Without taking her eyes off him, she motions towards the seafoam green pony tied up on the ground.


She was trying to destroy public property.

>After a brief moment of silence she turns to look at the tied up pony.


Nothing to say Shinning Sea? I normally can't get you to stop.

>She looks back to Crit.


Can i help you with something civilian?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522521

File: 1502766395462.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41522496
He answers, "Well I heard from the mayor that you have some dangerous work that had to be done and I figure that work is in the ruins. I was gonna head on in myself but if there was anything you need done in there, then I can help you out with that. Of course if it doesn't involve the ruins itself then I can still take the job and see what I can do about it in a reasonable time frame."

He hoped that she would be able to give him the job so he could earn some extra cash on this side after he sold whatever relics he would find in there. Though since she was busy with this seafoam pony, they would negotiate business back at the station.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522538

File: 1502775487018.png (140.09 KB, 819x976, silver wing recolor 13.png)

>>41522428
>Silver completely ignored the few ponies that stared at the two of them walking down the street. As a gryphon living in Equestria, she had already been used to the stares even before she met the younger mare beside her.

>Esis, however, revelled in the attention, small as it was. That had always been her problem, knowing her looks and the way they affected people, be they pony, gryphon, or something else. To the purple stallion out of the saloon, she saluted with her wing, bringing it up to her forehead and pushing it out, smiling the entire time. To the yellow pony between the curtains, she waved with her wing, but rather than just move her wing alone, she also twiddled her primary feathers at her. This was enough to show off just how dextrous her wings were, the feathers almost acting like individual fingers, defying all predetermined rules of nature.


>As used to this as she was, Silver also did her best to ignore Esis, despite her urges to tell her to stop. Esis had problems, yes, but Silver was trained somewhat in the science of Psychology, thanks to her friend Horus, and she knew that sometimes you just had to let them be them.


It's no worry, we're used to it.

>Silver said in reply. She also noted that the mare had refrained from using the suffix -pony when referring to the towns folks' curiosity.


>When they arrived at the Town Hall, Silver nodded at Haybees and went through the door, stopping for a second to pull Esis along after her, as the mare was still not paying attention.


Thank you.

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522539

File: 1502775510650.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41522521

A job huh?

>She gives him another look over and ponders what he might be useful for.


You look like a pony that can handle himself and i do have a case that involves the ruins, but i don't know if i can trust you yet. Not many around here i trust at all.

>She turns and lifts the seafoam green pony onto her back with very little effort.


Actually, you might be exactly what I need. You're a stranger to here. An outsider.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522540

File: 1502775953148.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41522539
"Yeah," Crit agreeing with her, "Think of me as your sort of ace up your sleeve. They'll never know what hit them when you place me in your deck."

Crit joins her, ignoring Shinning Sea... but he feels compelled to talk to her. Of course she wasn't handing out work and he assumed that the sheriff wouldn't like him and her getting all buddy buddy in her presence.

"So sheriff, Cross Roads sole lawbringer" He doubted the other pony was of use, "How about you tell me your name? After that, why not give me the details on the job you have on mind. If it's interacting with the local populace, I can ensure you I can make a nice first impression."

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522543

File: 1502776360404.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41522538

>When the two enter Town Hall, they would find the walls lined with hundreds of antique photos of the town through the ages. What separated all the photos were pictures of what seemed to be the past Mayors of the town. Most of which were posed with an assistant. The most recent photo being that of Haybees and Mayor Coolgrass. The photo before being an elderly mare with a bushel of white grapes as her cutie mark. Unlike most of the mayor photos present, she was without a companion in the picture. Haybees guides them to a desk, herself moving behind it and pulling out a file.


Lets see what we have to work with here.

>She shuffles through the papers and quietly mumbles to herself, though the two might be able to make out a little of what she is saying.


Qualifies for the Gryphon displacement bill... Party of two... pegasus air space act...equal opportunity act...

>She quietly shuffles the papers back into the folder and looks up at the two.


We have a few homes available for rent or purchase that would be perfect for you two. That is of course, assuming you will be staying together in the same home and that you have the means with which to pay.

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522546

File: 1502777388219.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41522540

Hmm.

>She motions for him to follow. Shinning Sea gently bobbing on her back. Still just as tight lipped as before.


Lets keep it at Sheriff for now. Can't get personal just yet.

>She takes in a breath and lets out a very slow sigh as she thinks over exactly how to word the task.


I'll start you off on something small. I assume in your efforts to find me, you met with my less than enthusiastic deputy. Skip Tracer. He wasn't always like that you know. His cutie mark is for tracking. He rolled in a few years back when i was still fresh as a sheriff. Best deputy i could have asked for. Helped me solve just about every case that came our way. He was all set to join the Royal Guard with a glowing recommendation by me. Then, a few months ago, the fire went out. He was putting less effort into his work, getting sloppy and lazy. At first i figured he had just become complacent. Until i found a rejection letter from the Royal Guard Academy.

>Her tone shifts to one of distaste.


I discovered it was a fake. Tried to tell him, but he wouldn't listen.

>She lowers her head as her anger begins to show.


I want to find out who did this and bring them to justice. If I can find the culprit behind this, then maybe I can reignite his passion for his talent again.

>She lets out a heavy and returns to her usual tone.


Tampering with the mail is a serious crime, but since Skip has been slacking, I've got my hooves full with more urgent problems. Not to mention if he knew i was looking into this, Skip might think i made it all up and wouldn't believe me even if i showed proof to him. He's stubborn like that.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522547

File: 1502777467498.jpg (68.04 KB, 600x600, Silver Wing edit.jpg)

>>41522543
>Silver and Esis follow Haybees to the desk, Esis finally deciding to start paying attention to what was going on right next to her. They both sat on the other side of the desk, waiting patiently as Haybees looks through the papers.

>Silver blinks and turns her head slightly to the side, hearing some of the things Haybees was mumbling, but she said nothing otherwise. Esis sat and stared at the other mare, saying nothing and barely blinking until she looked back up at them.


We're going to buy! Silver's a noble, she's fluuuushed with caaaaash!

>Esis was the first to reply, speaking before Silver had a chance to even open her beak. The way the bright white mare said the last phrase was to prolong the middle syllables, 'flu-us-ushed with ca-ash!'


>Silver's head fell into one of her claws, her head shaking slightly. Esis noticed and smiled sheepishly, quieting down. Silver then looked up at Haybees again.


Esis is correct, yes, money will not be an issue. And yes, we will be living together. Esis isn't allowed to live on her own, and has some other specifications that might be important to mention at some point. Once we get unpacked, though, I do have papers for her, regarding her... condition.

>Esis visibly blushed as Silver talked, shrinking in on herself slightly, a quick and somewhat unexpected turn from her previous exuberance.


>Noticing this, Silver reaches out and puts a claw on the mare's back.


So, yes, we will be purchasing a home and we will be together.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522549

>>41522546
"I'll admit that you seem to be in a tight spot at the moment, to me though it doesn't make sense that somepony will go out of their way to stop Skip from joining the Royal Guard."

He tries to think of the kind of pony who would do this. Right now it would definitely have to be someone that can write very well, well enough to forge a document from the royal guard. So that means that they were looking for someone in the literary arts or somepony who has an intimate association to the Royal Guard.

"Do you know if Skip has made any enemies before or during his time in your service? We're probably looking for somepony that Skip has wronged, at least in the perp's perspective."

He also makes a mental note to talk to Skip about his affiliations with the populace here, especially the negative relationships. Of course there's also the chance that it may be some crazy romance trying to do anything to not lose their Skip.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522555

File: 1502778752362.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41522547

>She adjusts her glasses at the mention of Silver being a noble. This was the first time she had even heard of one claiming to be such, considering their last king reined many years ago. Though it made sense that she would be wealthy, she was unsure just what to make of bearing such a title.


Excuse me for not addressing you as such Miss Silver. Though it seems that is a detail about yourself that you prefer to keep, how do the kids say it, on the down low.

>She then pulls out another folder of papers and pulls out several pictures and layouts of the available homes.


We have a few available for purchase. All two bedroom two bath, living room, kitchen, dining room, lounge, and backyard. they all do not vary much unfortunately, but once you have made your purchase, feel free to make any modifications you wish. We have a skilled contractor in town who would be more than happy to work with you on it.

>She looks up from her the presented papers and glances at Esis for a moment before looking back to Silver.


I will also be happy to help you with accommodations for, whatever conditions.

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522557

File: 1502779238961.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41522549

Hmm... Not off the top of my head. Most of the townfolk were weary of him when he first showed up, but he was quick to adjust and blended in not long after he got here.

>She thinks it over further as their pace back to the station slowed.


We've had to bust some of the townsfolk for some petty things in the past, but nothing so serious that would warrant ruining the kids life. Someone with aspirations like his shouldn't have to be trapped in a small town like this.

>For the first time, Shinning Sea speaks up. Her voice gruff and annoyed. Her tone like that of a ship captain giving orders.


Oh come on, give him SOMETHING to work with Miranda! You're gonna end up sendin the kid on a wild goose chase.

>Even though she referred to Crit as a "kid" she appeared to be no older than he was.


Oh so now you speak up. If i were to give you a place to start, other than Skip himself, I'd say try asking Amber at Stomping Grounds Saloon and Busy Bee at Hotel Crossroads. They pick up on most of the gossip in town. Might find something there.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522559

>>41522557
Crit was surprised that Shining Sea helped him out there, he just figured that these two had done this song and dance many times before in the past. "Thanks Shining Sea, I'll be sure to pay you back for that."

He then focuses back to the Sheriff, "I think I'll tag along with you for a while and talk with Skip first, I don't think he'll have much to go off of... or want to say anything. Still though, I need to start somewhere." I figure he won't know anything but I kinda want to go from the least to greatest in the context of this side quest. Other than that, if I go off from what you had planned, just let me know and I'll adjust.

Critical stays with the two up until they get onto the station itself but rather than going in with them, he stays outside to make it look like he wasn't talking with the Sheriff about Skip. His best alibi would be that the Sheriff just wanted info on something, or perhaps just to get her a doughnut. After about a few minutes he would again enter the police station and looked for Skip Tracer.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522561

File: 1502779956650.jpg (103.78 KB, 712x1024, silver wing recolor 4.jpg)

>>41522555
>Silver waves her other claw nonchalantly.

It's really nothing. Gryphon nobility is... well, let's just say it doesn't mean what it used to. It's not anything like Equestrian nobility either. All it really means, at least in the context of our stay in Crossroads, is that neither Esis nor I will be left wanting for income. Hopefully we do not, well... put the town economy down the drain, either, as I've seen happen in the past with the errant gryphon noble finding their way into an Equestrian town and flushing the surrounding area with a large sum of outside gold...

>Silver trails off, realizing she had begun to get off topic.


Thank you, those sound perfect. If they don't vary much, I suppose all the matters is location. Esis requires something somewhat away from the main parts of town, but at the same time I need to be close to them for my own needs. Particularly the hospital-

>As she says this, she moves her wing, the one in the metal casting. It glints in the light and clanks slightly.


- and wherever a location for a shop would be. I deal in Antiques.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522563

File: 1502780439506.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522559

>From outside, Crit would be able to hear a brief conversation between Skip and the Sheriff as she locks up Shinning Sea in a cell.


Oh, you're back. Some fuzzychinned unicorn was looking for you earlier.

Yeah, i ran into him on my way back. He was just looking for some work. Sent him to look into that missing cider shipment.

Hey! That's MY case!

It was your case. I gave it to you a month ago and you've made NO progress on it.

>Skip just grumbles. When Crit makes his move to come into the station, the Sheriff spies him through the window. Already picking up on what he was possibly planning to do.


I have to go check on the Grapes storehouse. Watch the station while I'm out.

>As Crit approaches, the Sheriff exits out the back door. Inside he would spy Shinning Sea, fast asleep in the cot in her cell. Skip still sitting in the same position he was in earlier, except with a new book in his face. His ear twitches from a floorboard creak when Crit enter. Skip looks up from his book.


Can i help you with- oh. It's you again.

>He shoves his nose back into his mystery novel.


What do you want now?

Don't worry about going off the beaten path. Improvising is what i live for, so feel free to explore whatever avenues you want!:>
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522564

File: 1502780916392.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41522563
He looked down at Skip and put on a smile, trying to be nice to him. Maybe he just needs somepony to be nice to him Because this is still MLP and MLP needs that friendship shit.

"Hey Skip, are you bored here? You look it. Hey how about you and me head on out and get a drink or two? You're the only pony I know here and I figure you can tell me what's going on around the town over some Cheerilee Cherry Reserve."

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522566

File: 1502781561710.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41522561

I don't think you will have to worry about destroying out economy. Most of the land is controlled by either Mayor Coolgrass, Trader Jack, or the Grape Family. All of which are shrewd business ponies.

>She frowns at the mention of a hospital. Realizing that being near a medical facility was likely necessary for someone in her condition.


Unfortunately, being as small of a town as we are now, we only have a medical clinic provided by the HEA, the Healthier Equestria Association. Though I'm sure our temp resident, Nurse Redheart will be perfectly capable of caring for your needs.

>Haybees pulls back all but one of the layouts. Sliding another town map next to it and pointing out where it is located.


I believe this residence should suit your needs. Fairly close to the clinic and just a short walk away from mane street.

>She glances at Silvers metal wing for a moment before speaking again.


If you are looking to buy and sell, then i would recommend Trader Jack. He is looking to compress his inventory to more current needs, so if you are looking to open up an antique shop of your own, he likely would be willing to work out a deal.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522569

File: 1502781854557.png (1.66 MB, 5500x8078, Skip Tracer.png)

>>41522564

>He slowly peers out at Crit over his book.


... What are you getting at?

>He closes the book and sets it down on the desk behind him, showing his face for the first time. He hops off the chair and stands just a little taller than Crit. Besides the obvious color similarities, it would be easy to see why the Sheriff though he could qualify to be a Royal Guard. He was physically strong, tall, and in control of his every movement.


You were rude to me earlier, why are you being all friendly now?

Come on Skip, let the magic of friendship flow through you!
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522575

File: 1502782300032.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, Coffee.png)

>>41522569
I like to imagine the friendship that would happen in this RP thread will be over several lines of crack

He dismissed Skip's accurate claim "Aw c'mon Skips, I was just playing with you was all. Besides you look like you could have some alcohol and make this day and job a little more bearable."

He then pulls out what little money he had left in his bag that Jack gave him "Will knowing that drinks will be on me make you more apt into coming with me?"

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522585

File: 1502783104406.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522575

>Skip sighs. Unsure of how much of what Crit was saying was believable. He was right about one thing. A couple drinks would help make the day a little more bearable. Not to mention he offered to pay for the said drink. He walks over and taps on Shinning Sea's cell bars.


Hey! Shinning Sea, watch the place. I'm gonna go out for a bit.

>Shinning Sea is shaken up by the sound and sits up in her cot, still half asleep.


AYE AYE CAP-tain...

>She salutes as she speaks, but falls back over onto her cot and right back to sleep. Skip turns back to Crit.


I'll give ya another chance.

>He holds up a hoof.


Just one though. I'm a two strikes kind of pony.

You'd hardly be able to tell what Skip had gotten into with that white coat of his. As funny as that would be, I'd like to avoid anything harder than alcohol in this thread. Just a side note. Wouldn't want to get too dark.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522586

File: 1502783123864.png (614.6 KB, 762x639, silver wing recolor 21.png)

>>41522566
Well, that's good. I certainly wasn't planning on spending that much, anyways.

>Silver said with a soft chuckle and a shrug.


I'm sure the clinic will be enough. I don't require much, just upkeep and checkups and the like.

>Silver reaches out and picks up the layout Haybees put foreward, looking it over. Then she shows it to Esis, who barely glances at it before nodding. Silver then puts it back on the desk and then leans forward to see it's location on the map.


Hmm... yes, that should be perfect.

>For a moment she considers Haybees words about Trader Jack, and then she nods.


It may perhaps be easier to simply sell through him... but I'll talk to him later, work something out. If he is as a shrewd a business stallion as you say, I'm sure we can come to something.

Now, onto the subject of payment for the house. How much, what are the payment options, and where do we pay it?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522595

File: 1502784122102.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41522585
Crit nodded at Skip and had him lead them to the Stomp Ground Saloon to get drinks. Nice, he could even get some info from the owner if he could play his cards right here.

They sit on down at the bar and wait for service, "So Skips, how long you been in this town? You don't seem that native to me, something just doesn't tell me you were born here and all."

Sorry for late post, didn't hear the ding

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522596

File: 1502784259943.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41522586

>Miss Haybees smiles


You pay right here. This particular home is currently in the possession of the Mayor himself. Since he is out currently, i take care of all his affairs until he returns.

>She rests a leg on the desk and sits more casually.


We like to try and keep things simple here so your payment options are to either pay for the home outright, or a monthly payment plan. Now, when purchasing, you can either purchase the home and the land, or you can purchase the home and rent the land, which is much cheaper than renting both...

Mind if we just skip past their discussion on specifics of the pricing and just say it was a hard but fair sell in the end? I don't actually know a lot about real estate. At least not enough to roleplay it out in anyway that would be entertaining :P

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522598

File: 1502784714731.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522595

>When the two enter, they would find the place a little more occupied than it was earlier in the day. One dark coated pegasus at the end of the bar reading over a newspaper as his drink sat on the counter, Haywire and the unamed pegasus she was talking to earlier chatting it up at another table, and a couple of caravan workers playing at the pool table. Skip makes a b-line for a specific seat at the bar.


Yeah, you could say I'm from out of town. I only been here a few years, but it already feels like home. At least, more than Las Pegasus ever was.

>At the other end of the bar appears a smaller brown pegasus, cleaning mugs. Skip waves her down and she motions that she will be just another minute.


No worries.
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522600

File: 1502785033146.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, Coffee.png)

>>41522598
"Las Pegasus eh? I was always hoping to get down over there and play the games they got. Still though I haven't been able to make it to that side of Equestria yet. Anyways I've been hearing stuff about the town being divided up by ponies who want to expand and ponies who want to retain what Crossroads has got. Perhaps you can tell me more about this small town feud?"

Critical was now fiddling around with the silverware at the table, lightly turning the fork on the table as they talked it over.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522602

File: 1502785998456.png (69.98 KB, 500x424, silver wing recolor 2.png)

>>41522596
yeah, that's good, except for like one thing
>Silver nods.

Very good. I'd rather own the house, but not the land, at least not at this point. Maybe in the future, should things go well here.

>Silver sits back for a moment, considering.


It all seems good. But, one last thing. If you require the bits here and now, there will be a slight complication. I don't carry that much when traveling, and it would take some time before I could send a notice to the bank in Canterlot to send the needed amount. If that is the case, I have enough for an up-front down-payment. I can also write a check and you can take that through the proper channels.

I hope you don't mind me bringing this up, I've just been to towns that have done it both ways and I'm unsure how Crossroads prefers it.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522605

>>41522600
>>41522602
I guess we're calling it in tonight guys, see you tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQiH3YO0VB0

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522606

File: 1502787644275.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41522600

>Skip raises an eyebrow at his quick transition.


Ah, so you did have an ulterior motive. Don't know how much i could tell ya. Some ponies like change, others don't. Seems pretty cut and dry.

>Enter the pegasus. Sporting a simple vest and shirt, she approaches the two, using one of her wings to wipe down a mug with a rag.


Oh come on Deputy. You know better than anyone, nothing is that clear cut.

>The pegasus sets the mug down off to the side and leans on the bar and nods her head at Crit.


Hi, I'm Amber Nectar. I own the place.

Not yet you don't.

I will soon enough! I've just about enough to pay off Jack. Then the place is all mine.

Sorry for that crazy slow response. Had a problem at home that i needed to take care of. See you tomorrow!
This post was edited by its author on .

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522609

File: 1502788721773.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41522602

>Haybees adjusts her glasses.


Oh, you won't need to worry too much about that. You can do the up-front down-payment now, and i can take a check for the rest. While we do not have a branch of Canterlot Bank in town, we do have a Bank of Equestria here. They can take care of the logistics of it all.

>She slides the page of terms on what they discussed towards Silver.


Once you've done that, all you have left to do is sign here. Of course we will need a day or so to clean the place before you move in, and have the Mayor give his stamp of approval. In the meantime, might i suggest the Hotel Crossroads? While your home is prepared it should suit your needs.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522678

File: 1502848004313.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41522606
Crit looked up at Amber with a warm smile, he always like the bartenders... mostly though because they had the drinks.

"Amber Nectar my name is Critical Hit, wandering wizard pony. I was hoping that you would bring me and my acquaintance here a drink. For me I would enjoy a bottle of Barley's Wheat Scotch."

He then turns back to Trip, "And don't worry about my inquiries, I was only just trying to do some small talk with ya."

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522680

File: 1502849277233.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522678

Bottle a Wheat Scotch and I'm guessing the usual Deputy?

Yeah, white cider with a pinch of frost grape.

>She lightly punches Skip on the shoulder.


And lighten up will ya? I'll be back with your drinks shortly.

>Amber walks off to get their drink prepared. Skip rolls his eyes and sighs.


Yeah, sorry about that. Guess I've been reading too many mystery novels lately. Suspicious of just about everything for awhile.

>He rolls his shoulder to better relax.


The town wasn't always this divided. Not that we have any real trouble the way it is now, but you know. When the Crystal Empire showed back up, everypony was excited. New place to see and visit and explore. New visitors since we are right smack dab in the middle between them and the next largest city. Problem is, a few of the folks here saw this as an opportunity for growth. Not that i have a problem with growing the town, personally i feel like it deserves a little more recognition, being next to a natural wonder. Just when it only benefits a few and makes it harder on the rest, that's when it bugs me. And i get the feeling I'm not alone in that.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522681

File: 1502849827667.png (172.99 KB, 1920x1080, Relaxed.png)

>>41522680
Critical sits back in his seat, "Bah the town doesn't need to grow. Cities have no personalities or culture focused on it, that's why everypony down in Manehattan are always dicks. What Crossroads should do is rather instead focus on their identity like what Ponyville, Canterlot, Cloudsdale, and Hollow Shades did. They're all much smaller than Manehattan or Baltimare and they all have an identity that separates them from the rest. With Baltimare or Manehattan, they're so boringly identical that you wouldn't be able to tell them apart."

He then remembers that he still has a mission to do.

"And when your town has an identity, a culture, that allows the local populace to create their own ambitions and dreams. For me I wanted to follow in the footsteps of my family and have my studies and theories be logged into the Canterlot Archives alongside ponies like Starswirl the Bearded."

"How about you Trip? Surely you must have a dream or two when you came here." He hoped that he would bring up Trip's interest in the Royal Guard and hopefully telling him about Crit's dream will make Trip open up a little more.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522683

File: 1502851209696.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522681

Yeah I guess it's pretty important to keep our identity. Whole reason i came here is because it's different from the big ones.

>He nods as he listens to Crits short tale.


Dreams huh? Yeah i guess i- wait, did you just call me Trip?

Here you are boys!

>Amber returns with their orders. Crit's bottle accompanied by and empty mug. Skips drink served in a frosty mug that seemed to free over once the liquid inside settled.


Thanks Amber

Don't you two go getting into trouble now.

>She walks off to take care of some other customers.


Just between you and me, i had two dreams. Meet my very special small town somepony and get into the Royal Guard.

>He takes a swig of his drink and gulps it down.


Now i don't believe in following dreams anymore.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522684

File: 1502851477844.gif (515.77 KB, 400x400, Natural-Habitat.gif)

>>41522683
Critical kept a calm poker like face after realizing he messed up Skips name.

"You don't believe in following dreams anymore? That's kinda a bit sad don't you think, like you've given up."

He takes a swig of his drink without pouring it into his mug.

"What happened with finding romance and the Royal Guard? I know a lot of good ponies serve in that regiment and I've even met a few a while back."

That's it, just keep leading him. Let Skip give him the information without even demanding it, like boiling a frog in water.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522685

File: 1502851860139.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522684

Yeah, i know it sounds sad, but that's just how things go sometimes.

>He takes another swig.


Royal Guard are a good bunch. Would trust them with my life, but i just wouldn't fit in.

>He lets out a depressed sigh.


You know, I'd rather not be talking about my dead dreams right now.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522686

>>41522685
Maybe this isn't the right route, he wouldn't know anything about a potential forgery and asking about it may cause him to be rightfully suspicious to Crit's questioning.

"Well then... why not tell me about some of your exploits as a cop around here. I always like trading stories of danger and what not and you know what I'm in the mood for? One of those stories that are like those mystery books, like bank heists, gem thefts..." Please Celestia let this work, "Forgeries..."

Critical hoped that this would point him where he needed to be. He only manipulated a few ponies in his life and what he only knows about this skill was from what his father had told him and his fathers excellent displays as a court mage.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522687

File: 1502852816149.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522686

Hmm...

>Skip stares into his mug, mulling it over.


I got a few stories. Probably nothing as crazy as what you'd see in a bigger city, but still pretty exciting.

>He takes another swing and clears his throat.


There was this one time, we had this guy come into town, claiming he was a historian. Wanted to record the exploits of the outlaw Brass Buckle that came through here a hundred years ago. Townfolk were exciting to somebody taking an interest in it. Helped us get a few of the pictures hanging in Town Hall. Turns out, he was actually looking for old Brass Buckles hidden cache a loot.

>He scratches the side of his head trying to remember more details.


Can't really remember if he ever found it or just had a good idea of where it was, but he tried to prove that he was a direct descendant of the towns founder. Wanted to lay claim on a specific piece of land without having to pay for it. Things got pretty heated for awhile there since he seemed like a pretty honest pony at the time.

>He holds up his mug ready to take another swig.


Turns out the documents he had were fake. Not sure how he got ones that looked so real and had that much detail on them. You'd have to be somepony from the time or a local historian to do something like that. We would have looked into it further but he got picked up in Vanhoover trying to rob a mansion or something.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522689

File: 1502853559954.png (471.07 KB, 3507x2550, Critpipbucksketch.png)

>>41522687
Critical's heart just skipped, not at the new possible lead but the fact that this pony was already, or had been, jailed in a town far away from here. If this historian was the one who forged Skip's denial letters, then it would be near impossible to get a hold of the historian.

Deep down though, Critical doubted that this was the perp, didn't really make sense for the historian to take out his rage on Skip from miles away. First off, how would the historian know Skips was interested in the RG? Secondly how would he intercept the letter and replace with a forgery all the way in Vanhoover when the RG is based all the way in Canterlot. The answer was simply that he didn't so perhaps the case would be that the historian got help from the inside, perhaps a pony who made a deal with the historian to split the profit of the cache.

But the new question would be why would the forger take out his anger on Skips? Crit assumed that Skips was the one who ran out the historian, unwittingly foiling the deal with the forger in the process. If the forger was a separate entity and forged his denial letters, that would mean that the forger is a local and has intimate knowledge of Skips much like the Sheriff does. So for now, Crit dismissed the Historian as the suspect but kept this character in mind.

"Ah c'mon now Skip, that story is like 4/10. You gotta have something better than that? Don't you have any stories when you stopped crime all by yourself?"

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522692

File: 1502855708376.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522689

Well, there was this one time, when the Sheriff was out of town. Couple of the caravaners were causing some trouble right here in this saloon. Normally it's nothing more than taking them in and letting them sleep it off for the night. This time though, it was planned. While i was down here taking care of business, one of the other guys was trying to break into Crossroads Manor. You probably know it as a hotel now, but back then the Mayor was still thinking it over.

>He takes a sip


Trying to case the place before the renovation started. Was lucky Jack got involved and helped be wrangle the two in here. Otherwise i would have never run into Busy Bee. She was the one who told me about the others who had broken into the manor.

>He softly laughs to himself.


Took forever to find them in that huge place. It was like playing hide and seek with a bunch of adults. Things ended up getting pretty rough. Most of em were willing to go quietly, except for the ring leader.

>He laughs a little harder.


Ended up tackling him so hard when i cornered him, we broke down a wall. In a way, half the lobby was done thanks to me. And on top a that i got to meet Bee.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522695

File: 1502856570335.png (1.28 MB, 1122x860, Crit's solution.png)

>>41522692
Critical laughed with him, "Ha ha, now that's more like it. Sounds like that was one hell of a police report you had to make when that was all over. Hell I bet the town revered you as a hero after all that was said and done."

Nothing like a little congratulations to help boost Skip's work ethic again.

"So tell me about this pony Busy Bee? I can't help being the hopeless romantic and I need to hear about this."

While Crit always did enjoy the romance story every once in a while, he still felt like he needed to hear this for business purposes after all.

An old pic from an RP of mine.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522699

File: 1502857686051.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522695

"Bang her" seems legit. Looks good too, did you draw that?

>Skip swirls his drink in his mug.


Ah Bee. She was one a the most beautiful mares I've ever met. After that case, i had the biggest crush on her. Anytime something came up involving the hotel, I'd volunteer to take care of it. Just for a chance to see and talk to her.

>His smile turns down and he takes another swig.


She's as dense as a brick though. She had no idea i was interested in her.

>He lets out a sad sigh.


Too bad she wasn't interested.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522704

File: 1502858109404.png (1.03 MB, 727x897, Criticalicon.png)

>>41522699
Yeah I draw all my stuff. That one pic in particular was made in 2015

"Sorry to hear, I know how it feels" He wipes his nose, "Anyways who was that pony who you tackled? Did you ever catch his name and where he ended up?"

Well he could possibly rule out Busy Bee as a suspect if she really was as dense. Then again she could have been the forger and was just giving him the cold shoulder.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522708

File: 1502858558685.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522704

Cool! Wasn't sure at first if you just got some commissions or something, but i noticed they were all in the same style. It looks good!

>He taps his chin.


Mmm, not sure where he is now. Hammer something or whatever. He wasn't jailed for very long. Company he works for ended up paying his and the others bail. Last i heard they were back to working for the caravan. Turned out to be a pretty good guy. Called himself a part time "Urban Explorer" or something.

>He is about to take another drink when he pauses and sets the mug back down.


Come to think of it, i think he even knew the Mayor. Probably why he didn't get any real jail time. Mayor goes easy on a lot of folk. He's a good guy.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522712

File: 1502859122593.png (854.93 KB, 4000x4000, 1470938310155.png)

>>41522708
Nah I always like to draw my stuff but I do have some things people drew for me. Will post them now

Also where do you get all of your OC's?


"Wow, that's a weak mayor to let criminals walk free. I know that bending the law is acceptable but when you hurt others, you need to be punished."

He thought what to ask next but nothing came up, perhaps it was time to consolidate this conversation and leave now. Crit didn't feel like he would learn anything else new from him so now he thought it would be best to check out the hotel. Talking to Amber Nectar about Skips in front of him probably wouldn't look good.

Crit looked out the window with a tired and buzzed gaze after finishing his bottle, "Well it was fun chatting with ya but I need to get a move on soon. I'll prolly see you around Skip."

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522718

File: 1502859817341.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41522712

>Skip lazily nods.


Yeah, he's not so bad though. I like him at least. Even if he's knew to the whole leadership thing.

>He gives an equally lazy wave.


Alright, see you around Crit. You're not half bad, lets hang out again sometime.

I make them all myself. Most of them are just recolors of obscure background ponies or of the mane 6 is one off outfits. Except for Skip. He is an original creation of mine.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522725

File: 1502860245186.jpg (120.33 KB, 720x960, 142716352794.jpg)

>>41522718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzhyCm_S-Pw

Critical gets on up, leaving the rest of his meager bits on the table for Skips to make the payment on the drinks. He then heads out of the bar with a slight lag to his walk, looking left and right to find the hotel. He hiccups, and moves towards the fancy hotel and enters.

I don't know how you guys are able to do that vector pony stuff. But I think I've seen this sort of pose before, was this originally a base pony?

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522730

File: 1502860734205.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522725

Yes it is. Or well, it was a vector of another pony. I remove the mane and tail, recolored the coat and eyes. Then i ripped the mane from a different pony, vectored it, recolored it, and removed the tail from a royal guard vector, and attached it to this one. The Trader Jack one is a recolor of a vector i did of Burnt Oak

>The street is a little less occupied was more of the residents and visitors are slowing down for the day. As he approaches the hotel, he might spy a yellow pony peering out from the curtains at the hotel window. When he gets closer she vanishes and he would see her darting about the lobby, dusting and cleaning like there was no tomorrow. There are a few couches set about a coffee table and some pictures hanging on the wall. A board depicting the contents of the free breakfast for customers as well as slots holding various pamphlets. There is no one behind the front desk. So far as he can tell is base value, it's just her and Busy Bee at the moment. Busy Bee herself humming a familiar tune.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522737

File: 1502861290954.png (101.83 KB, 400x400, Crit Seathing.png)

>>41522730
When Crit heard that tune, he could tell that was the same tune that Skip Tracer was humming. Crit could always recognize small details, even though he is now drunken.

"Hey..." he says with a slight drawl, "I was wondering if you could answer some questions. I'm kinda new so I need some help here."

He thought to himself Come on Crit, focus you had more alcohol in you before and you were able to cast that one fireball in time.

Jesus I don't think I would be able to make a vector from scratch. I'm kinda shit at lines though here is my most recent creation I made for another RP I am running.

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522742

File: 1502862382648.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522737

Hmm?

>The maid looks up from her dusting.


But of course! What can i do for you, sir?

>Though she has turned her attention towards him, she was still dusting away and moving about the room, at a slower pace in order to pay better attention to him.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522744

File: 1502862757315.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41522742
"Yes er..." Shit he didn't think of anything to say! "Uh yes I was wondering about where I should go to get something printed out. My writing style is terrible and I need somepony who does well in calligraphy."

It wasn't the smoothest and didn't make too much sense but it was the best he could come up with.

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522748

File: 1502863305606.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522737

forgot to say, it looks really good! I like the style. I have no drawing skills, so the only say i can bring my OC's to life is through the magic of Photoshop. Learned how to vector by making tons of Trixie Vectors.

>>41522744

Calligraphy?

>She slides to a halt mid step, duster in hoof. She raises an eyebrow at the odd question, but takes a moment to think it over.


I don't know anypony who does it for a job, but i do know a few ponies who have really nice writting!

>She waves her duster left and right as she lists off the names.


There's Mayor Coolgrass, Judge Gavel, Miss Haybees, Lickity Split, Deputy Tracer, and Page Turner. Ah, AH, AH! CHOO!

>With her waving her duster about it built up around her in a cloud. Her sneeze nearly knocking her over.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522750

File: 1502863604522.png (220.87 KB, 1132x924, Dom what did you do this time.…)

>A large brown and black earth pony kicks all but sprints out of a train, having only a backpack on his back. The backpack seemed jammed packed with random items, and it also seemed to have a sleeping bag attached to the top of it, and a pan at the side. The colt himself, besides being extremely large, looked fairly normal and young! About 19 if you really had to guess. Though he looked in a panic, looked left and right and bouncing on his hooves as he looked.

Ohhhhh. I hope this was a right choice.

>The stallion took a deep breath and stopped his movements, lifting his head up before starting to walk along towards the exit of the train station. Still. One might beable to see the small beeds of sweat on his forehead
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522755

File: 1502863904763.png (61.46 KB, 460x562, whatimworkingonnow.png)

>>41522748
TBH it's not too hard, I just sort of go at it and see what I can usually do. However drawing on a computer is a lot more difficult than on paper and I took a long time to learn what I know now. Here's what I'm working on right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQSr2Qq30mM

Shocked that she fell over, Critical went on over and helped her up.

"Uh are you alright? Looks like you took the wrong profession"

Crit's head hurt, that was way too many ponies to account for in a short time. For now though he knew that it will have to be a pony who works with legal documents so the Mayor and the judge were now on the shit list. I knoew Haybees works with documents too but my character wouldn't know that and I don't want to metagame.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522756

File: 1502863912671.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41522750

>Just outside the station, Mayor Coolgrass and his intern Lickity Split were having a brief conversation.


Hmm, that's not nearly as many as we were expecting. Perhaps we should give it awhile longer before we prepare the grand reopening ceremony.

Look alive Mayor.

>The unicorn points at the particularly stressed looking stallion that stepped out of the station.


Yeesh, he doesn't look too good. Back to work!

>The Mayor darts off and approaches the nervous looking stallion.


Greetings newcomer! You seem stressed, is there anything I can do for you?

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522757

File: 1502864370121.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522755
I like it! You're pretty good at it. The style is nice and appealing too.

Thanks!

>She cheerful accepts the help and giggles at his comment.


Oh no, this is exactly where i want to be! With how quickly the town is growing, there's always something to do to keep me busy as a, bee. Hehe. I just get carried away sometimes and go a little overboard like Haywire. She's always getting carried away in her work making stuff that's way beyond her skills right now. Then again, so do the Grapes! sometimes they grow more grapes than we can eat or drink! That's when we host the annual grape festival! Mayor loves it like no tomorrow and takes part in every event!

>Now that she has stopped moving for a moment, her mind was jumping about from topic to topic at the same rate she was darting about the room dusting away.
This post was edited by its author on .

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522759

File: 1502864550484.png (520.42 KB, 2357x2880, All my want.png)

>>41522756
Ohhh!

>Dom quickly lifted his head up straighter, doing the equivalent of standing up straight suddenly as a pony. He turned his head to the Mayor and taped his hoof slightly on the floor.


I'm fiiiiine....


>He stayed still for a bit, bringing a hoof to his mouth to cough into it as he looked at the Mayor and Lickity Split


Actuaaaaally, the two of you live here right? Neither of you would happen to know where are the best places to look for work?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522761

File: 1502864689930.png (214.56 KB, 784x744, The redraw.png)

>>41522757
Well as good as time as any.

"Yeah that sounds good. Hey I was asking around who to go to if I ever get caught in a spot of trouble and they recommended me this one cop named Skip Tracer. Said about stopping some robbers that attacked this hotel but I didn't believe them No single pony can stop that many robbers right?"

He thought that maybe he could get her to say something about Skip.

Thanks, I just gotta do the hair and add in some lighting. Then move onto BG and I'll be done.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522764

File: 1502865105412.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41522759

The two of us?

>He turns to see that his intern had followed him.


What are you doing here? Get back to work!

>She darts off at incredible speed. the Mayor clears his throat.


So, work is it? Well, you've come to the right place AND the right pony. I, am Mayor Coolgrass, leader of this fine town. Now i know what you're thinking, a colt as a [/i]mayor[/i]? Hahaha! Have no fear, i am perfectly capable of doing the job.

>He clears his throat again.


Anyways, finding work is easy, but it might be easier if you tell me what your skill set is, or perhaps what you desire to do for work?

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522768

File: 1502865451967.png (239.57 KB, 768x1024, Supp.png)

>>41522764
>Wow rude! Dom didn't seem to mind, relaxing just a bit when it became jsut the two of them. But when he mentions Mayor, he'd tense up every so slightly. He didn't really know what Mayors did exactly, but he worried they could like, kick him out of the Town for whatever reason!

Hey, shouldn't matter who does the job as long as they do it right, Right?

>He gives a small chuckle, remarking on the fact he mentioned he was a male and being a Mayor. Not something he really looked to far into. Politics. Pff.


Woooork.. Well I'm big! I'm strong, I could do anything! Lift things up, punch people if I need to, sweep even.

...

I don't punch people at all! Please don't think I get into fights a lot.

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522771

File: 1502865764502.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522761

Who, Deputy Tracer? Yeah he did! Back before the place was remodeled and turned into a hotel there was this big kerfuffle that went down here. Some of the caravaners tried to rob the mansion before we started remodeling. I was just minding my own business pony watching when i saw a couple lights flickering in the second story windows and i remember thinking, that's weird, it should be all locked up. I wonder who would be inside. That was when i ran into the Deputy outside. He and Jack were trying to break the win streak of some of the caravaners and he stepped out for some fresh air to clear is head. I told him all about the weird lights and how they reminded me of shooting stars and light shows. He kept looking at me all funny for awhile before he went to check out what was going on.

>Bee takes in a deep breath and continues.


When he got inside he ran into one of the ponies trying to steal stuff and convinced him to rat out his friends, so he let that guy go. He had to search all over the place to find the rest of them. They were all hiding in different rooms when they heard him catch one of them. Then, there was this really big one, I'm not even sure if he was all pony he was so big! He was hiding in the storeroom where they used to store emergency preparedness stuff. When Skip- er- i mean the Deputy, finally found him, i couldn't see what happened, but it sounded like they were fighting back there. Next thing i know, they're tumbling through the wall and took out a table with it! The big guy looked kind of upset, but i guess that's pretty normal for a guy who's getting arrested.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522773

File: 1502866113389.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41522768

>The Mayor gives the newcomer a friendly pat on the back.


Haha! No need to be so tense. Why, a pony your size has probably gotten into quite a few fights in your day. Now, a big strong colt like you might find themselves the most useful either working for Trader Jack or the Grapes. With all the caravans that come through here, Jack normally has to lift all the deliveries himself, so I'm sure he would love some help with the heavy lifting. He's starting to get up in years after all.

>As he speaks about Trader Jack, the Mayor points out his store marked fittingly as "Trader Jacks".


Then there's the Grapes. They have a farm just up the road aways. You take Mane Street down to the end where Town Hall sits, then you make a left and follow that road straight to their farm. Not the friendliest bunch, but they are looking for some strong backed down to earth ponies to help them with their harvest.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522774

File: 1502866132445.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41522771
Not gonna lie, my mind is pretty blasted right now and I can't think

"Right right, you know I even heard a rumor that you two had a thing or something of the romantic notion."Yolo

Maybe that will illicit something. If this doesn't work then that means Crit will have to do some home invasion to look for evidence. Hopefully if caught then the Sheriff will let him off for being in agreement of this quest.

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522781

File: 1502867174266.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522774

Me and the Deputy? I've heard that rumor a lot.

>She covers her mouth a giggles at the thought.


He's really cute and all, but i don't think he'd be interested in a simple earth pony like me. He's going to be a big shot Royal Guard someday and that would mean moving away to Canterlot for training and work. He'll probably end up with some pretty noble pegasus out there, where they can live out their lives in a more sustainable setting.

>She sighs.


I mean, i wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but there's no way he would go for me. If anything he's probably more interested in Daisy Chain or Clove Hitch. He's always hanging out with them on his days off. Except for when he's at the hotel here hanging out in the lobby reading the old magazines and pamphlets. He seems to like reading them a lot, so i started putting newer ones out for him to read, but he hasn't been coming by as often anymore.

>She leans in and whispers.


I think it's because something bad happened back home or something. Ever since he got those letters.

Yeah, me too. I think I'm actually gonna call it a night here.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522784

File: 1502867341292.png (308.98 KB, 1500x1500, What is in my mouth.png)

>>41522773
Great!

To both of thsoe!

>Dom would nod his head rapidly! Trader Jacks seems like a cool place. But then the player would be roleplaying a character working at a grocery store just like he is doing in real life. But maybe the Farm would be better. Or atleast a first try. That was two possible options but that wasn't enough incase somethign went south.


Annnny where else you think?

I really don't mind doing any kind of work. If you know what I mean....

...

That doesn't sound weird the way I said it, right?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522785

File: 1502867488820.png (172.56 KB, 500x500, Critchaotic.png)

>>41522781
Alright that sounds good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQSr2Qq30mM

"Really? I heard he was declined by the RG so he's fair game if you want to hit that up."

Her knowing about him getting the letters was a bit unsettling for Crit and how she is acting all quiet. Still though he didn't jump to conclusions, too many a time his paranoia led to bad results that way.

"Well I guess I got nothing much else to say at this point. I'm gonna go ahead and head out, I'm sure I'll be fine on my own after all now."

Done. I put in a BG because people said I need to do that and I did a pretty bad job. At least the pony looks okay.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522925

File: 1502924099417.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41522784

Not at all my good sir!

>He pauses to think further.


The Grapes and Jack are your best bet, though i suppose i could use help with the continual renovation being done on our beautiful Hotel Crossroad! Still quite a few rooms in that place left to be investigated and cleaned out so they might be used as proper rooms.

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522928

File: 1502924408683.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41522785

Nah, the background looks fine. Maybe just keep it as a grassy lawn and blue sky though. Too much stuff in a background can distract from the focus of the piece.

>Bee's jaw drops and her eyes go wide at the news.


HE WHAT! That's terrible! I had no idea he was rejected. Now i feel terrible for not knowing. And i try my best to know everything that goes on in town. He must have been trying really hard to keep it a secret. I'll have to make him a gift basket with his favorite things.

>She starts mumbling to herself, supposedly listing off the things she plans to place in the said gift basket. She perks back up when she realizes he is leaving.


Leaving so soon? Well, okay then. You have a great day Mister Crit!
This post was edited by its author on .

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522944

File: 1502930202758.png (520.42 KB, 2357x2880, All my want.png)

>>41522925
Great!

That's three!

I think one of them would be happy to have me!

>Dom was about ready to take off running, before stopping himself and turning back to the Mayhor with a sheepish look.


Doooo you mind if I go and do that really fast? I don't mean to leave you hanging, but burning daylight, gotta do this ASAP...and I bet you gotta do a bunch of Mayor stuff....like...sign...babies...papers?

>Truth be told, he didn't know what a Mayor did

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522962

File: 1502935824323.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41522944

Hahaha

>The Mayor lets out a hearty laugh.


Haven't signed any baby papers around here in years, but no, i don't mind at all. The Mayoral duties i have on this fine day is greeting the equally as fine new comers to our fair city. such as yourself.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522977

File: 1502938533785.png (110.73 KB, 763x1047, For the lack of a better filen…)

>>41522962
Rad!

Hopefully I get to stick around this town!

<Please don't let him see me bumming around, please don't see me bumming around, pelase don't let him-!


>Before really anything more could be said! The large colt would be running off as fast as his hooves could take him! Leaving just a dust trail in his wake. He was heading along before skitting to a stop. Witch should he actually try stopping out...he had thought the farm would be a better first try, but Jacks would be a lot closer. Might be easier to do that. So! The large brown colt would continue running, this timne with an actual destination, Trader Jacks!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522996

File: 1502942463950.png (85.65 KB, 900x700, Crit's sleeping.png)

>>41522928
I just realized this, I'm solving a mystery for a pony who likes to read mysteries. Perhaps I can recruit Skip Tracer to help me out. Other than that I'll grab a hold of Dom and maybe he can help out.

Crit headed on out, now equipped with an extensive suspect list. Now all he would have to do is find out who of the ponies in town who can write well and has something against Skip Tracer. For Crit, whoever it would be would have to be able to get a hold of the mail so perhaps somepony who works in the post office and or the town hall.

He heads on over to the center of the town and and looked for town hall. If he found it then he would examine it first from a distance.

>>41522977
Hey wanna meet up in RP and help out with the mystery, Double Dubs?

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522998

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522999

>>41522998
Just to make our character meet up and help out with an "Under the table" investigation I'm conducting right now.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523000

>>41522999
Oh yeah sure! Why not!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523002

File: 1502947431266.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41522977

>The Mayor waves the stallion off.


What an odd fellow. Hope he learns to relax more during his time here!

>He Mayor marches off towards the station to continue his greeting frenzy.


>>41522996

>When Crit exits the hotel onto Mane Street, he would spy a large brown stallion in something of a hurry towards Jacks, pack filled with misc items. Other than him, the street was mostly empty. Other than what looked like a Fire Station on a cloud making it's way across the sky above. At the end of Mane Street stands Town Hall. Tall and proud as ever, the weathered statue of their founder standing just in front of it.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523003

File: 1502948166310.png (213.74 KB, 1280x800, silver wing recolor 24.png)

>>41522609
Bank of Equestria? Alright. Perhaps I should open an account with them as well.

>Silver reaches out and picks up the page of terms and reads it quickly over once more. With a nod she set it back down on the desk and took a pen, putting her signature on the required line.


Give me one moment.

>She says, standing up and moving to the carriage she had pulled, taking one of the smaller bags labelled with her name and opening it, taking out a quite large, heavy looking bag that clanked when it moved, and a small booklet.


>She walks back over and places the bag on the desk and then the booklet down next to it. She opens to booklet, revealing it to be a checkbook, and begins writing in it.


>After a moment, she signs it and tears off the page, sliding it and the bag of gold bits over to Haybees.


There you are. And Hotel Crossroads should be fine, thank you.

>During this time, Esis had began to seem to get a bit agitated, fidgeting constantly as she sat and waited. It was actually surprising that she had been as patient thus far, being indoors for too long with nothing to distract her often ended badly for everyone. Thankfully it seemed things were wrapping up.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523005

File: 1502948260066.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41523002
Well even though Crit wanted to look at all of the scenery, he still had his job in mind. He enters on in but tries to be a little discreet about it, knwing that it looked like it was now time to break some laws here. Just a little breaking and entering if he found the pony who does the documents around here.

If he could also find the letter room to find a manifest of all the mail coming in would be nice too.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523007

File: 1502949760276.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41523003

>Haybees watches curiously as Silver prepares the payment. When the bag of cash and signed check are handed over to her, she takes the page first and signs on her end before taking the payment.


Wonderful. Welcome to Crossroads, as it's newest additions. If you would like i could have the intern take your things over to the hotel for you while the two of you go about your day. That is of course, assuming that you wish to look around a bit more before retiring to your room.

>>41523005

>When Crit enters, he would see that the walls were lined with antique photographs. The further along the wall they went, the more recent they became. Ending with a photo of the Mayor and his Assistant standing side by side. At the desk sat a grey up tight looking earth pony. Across from her sat Esis and Silver. From what he can see, there is an exchange of funds going on. Fortunately for him, Haybees does not notice him at the moment.


>At just the other end of the room there are three doors marked, Mayors Office, Mail Room, Meeting Room.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523008

File: 1502950113279.png (66.68 KB, 900x586, silver wing recolor 17.png)

>>41523007
>Silver glances at Esis, who at this moment is visibly bristling, and then looks back at Haybees.

That would probably be a good idea. I'll be wanting to talk to Trader Jack as soon as possible anyways.

>Silver then smiles and holds out her claw to shake Haybees' hoof.


Thank you for taking the time to do this on such short notice, it's very much appreciated. It has been nice meeting you, as well.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523009

>>41523007
>Tight That's hot

He just heads on his way, curious about the Esis and Silver but still focused on his task. He gets on up to the door, looks to make sure no one is watching, and slips on inside hopefully unnoticed.

He knew what he was doing was risky, getting caught would mean trouble for the Sheriff and he'll never get that job into the ruins. There was also the side consequence that the forger would catch wise of what he was doing and make it near impossible to catch him in the future.

Crit put these worries to the side however and looked around the room for anything of interest. Mainly the manifest or perhaps Skip's PO box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38OrYAAYISk

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523011

File: 1502951128500.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41523008

>Haybees shakes Silvers claw.


Wonderful. I'll send for her immediately. You have a good day Miss Silver.

>She nods to Esis too. From the looks of it, it was perfect timing. Poor girl looked like she was eager to leave already. Made her wonder what the "condition" was.


You as well miss Esis.

>She leads the way to the door and pokes her head out and shouts.


MISS SPLIT!

>Quickly, the intern rushes towards Town Hall all the way from the train station. When she arrives she is left panting and and just a little sweaty.


Please take our newest citizens things to the hotel will you? Miss Bee will be able to take it from there. She knows what to do.

>The intern nods and enters Town Hall and examines the cart, attempting to figure out a way she might use it.


>>41523009
>Out of the corner of her eye, the intern notices the the door to the mail room in slightly ajar. Of course she thinks nothing of this and returns to preparing to move Silver and Esis cart.

>Inside the Mail Room, Crit would find that it was empty of employees and quite small. The wall on the left lined with PO Boxes. About a fourth of them looked incredibly old while the rest looked like they had been newly installed. Possibly in preparation for the new comers such as himself. At the counter sits an unfinished package, a tape roller sitting off to the side next to it. Behind the counter sits shelves, buckets, and trays with scattered mail. A series of filing cabinets in the back right corner behind the counter.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523013

File: 1502951591753.png (377.21 KB, 1920x1080, Crit's Leather Armor.png)

>>41523011
He goes on up to the PO boxes and tries to find Skip's PO box, he is also examining on how the PO boxes are locked...

If the PO boxes are closed by a key then that would probably mean that Skip's key had been copied by someone and that was how his letter was stolen and forged. If this was the case, Crit could steal Skip's key and take it to the local blacksmith and inquire about if there had been a customer that had it copied recently.

If it was done by a dial code, then that would likely mean that this pony would have some access to the mail room records. If this was the case then that would greatly reduce his suspect pool to just a few ponies. All he would do is have to is find the employee roster and figure out every pony that would work in the PO room.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523014

File: 1502952058296.png (132.79 KB, 900x900, silver wing recolor 5.png)

>>41523011
>Once again, Haybees' yell for her assistant makes Esis jump. Instead of making whatever seemed wrong with her worse, though, this jolt seems to bring her back to her old self. After a second of breathing in and out slowly, she stands up.

>Silver smiles at Esis, and then notices Haybees' assistant trying to figure out how to use the cart.


Oh, here, give me a second.

>She says to her, going over to the hitch and detaching a few parts off of it and tossing them in the back with the rest.


Now you should be able to use it like you normally would.

>As Silver does this, Esis moves to her side and begins eyeing Miss Split a bit obviously, her expression an almost unreadable mix of curiosity and mistrust. It was obvious she wasn't too keen on letting a stranger near her things, but she neither said anything or made any other indication that she didn't like it. Silver, noticing this as she finishes removing the parts of the hitch, comes over and gently places herself in the way of the pegasus' eyeline, causing Esis to lose interest and turn away.

Lickity Split!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523016

File: 1502952442819.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41523013

>It wouldn't take Crit long to find Skip's box. His being among the newer boxes though right on the edge next to the older ones. All the PO Boxes are locked with a key.


>>41523014

...Thank you.

>Being the observant pony that she was, Esis eyeing her would not go unnoticed. Looking up at Esis in her eyes just before Silver steps in the way. Split gives a sheepish smile before hooking herself up to the cart.


I'll make sure your stuff arrives at the hotel safely.

>Miss Haybees speaks up.


See that you do Miss Split.

>The intern nods and rushes out of the building. Struggling a bit with the load, but still capable of carrying it.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523017

File: 1502952947921.png (292.29 KB, 3468x2524, CriticalGambling.png)

>>41523016
Critical forgot to take into account that the town hall probably keeps a copy of the key so they can put mail in. Nevertheless all he has to do is still find the employee roster to get a more reduced level of suspect.

He looks on over to the unfinished package, lazy ponies this is why everything ordered by mail is so late. Anyways since the tape isn't sealed, he opens the box to see what was the contents, perhaps something he could take and later used.

???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523019

>>41523017

>Crit opens the box to find that it is filled with various types of advertisement media all for Crossroads. Posters, post cards, stamps, pamphlets, magazine inserts, and even junk mail. Nothing of particular use in the box other than a fancy looking letter opener that seemed to have accidentally found it's way inside. Whoever was taping up this box must have dropped it.


>On the wall behind the counter from where he now stands, he will see a work schedule. Listing off the names of the Mail Rooms employees and their scheduled times to work. It seems to be on a rotation of every two days. At the start of the week with Lickity Split, Page Turner, Shinning Sea, Clove Hitch. Clove Hitch being the lucky one that only has to work Saturdays. The one supposed to work the mail room today seems to be Lickity Split. Whoever that is.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523020

File: 1502955153022.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41523019
Critical looks at the box with a dastardly smile, he takes it up and spreads the contents of the box across the floor. Fuck you bureaucrats!, he thought.

So by examining the chart rotations, that would mean the workers follow this flow.

Lickity Split Sunday/Monday
Page Turner Tuesday/Wedsnesday
Shinning Sea Thursday/Friday
Clove Hitch Saturday

Great he got all the info he would need to put himself closer to the culprit. All he would need to do now is find out when Skips got his denial letter and work from there. Obviously if he found the pony working the day the letter was received still wouldn't be enough. There will still need to be the definition of the perp's motive and a series of hard evidence. Perhaps after he got a hold of the most likely of suspects, he should show it off to the Sheriff and see what she thinks.

In fact she probably knows what day of the week when Skip's got his denial letter. Crit went out of the office carefully and headed out to the exit.

I'm getting closer

???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523021

>>41523020

>In his act of rebellion, the papers scatter about on the hard floor. The letter opener also falling to the floor creating a loud clang as it bounces against the ground. Hopefully nopony heard that right? Actually, yes. The grey up tight looking mare seemed to still be preoccupied dealing with the gryphon and the tall pegasus. Unfortunately for him, they were blocking his only exit out of Town Hall. He would need to find another way out of the building.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523022

File: 1502955829897.png (101.83 KB, 400x400, Crit Seathing.png)

>>41523021
Shit fuck, he looks around the room for a window, picking up the stapler just in case he had to make a distraction.

If no window could be found then he knew what he had to do. Send it flying out the mail room, hope nopony sees the stapler, and make it smack into something and create an even louder noise. A long time ago he did this when a summon went pretty bad and stalked him in some woods.

First things first though, find a window

???!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523023

>>41523022

>You are able to locate quite a few windows in no time. The ones located in the Mail room are sealed and not made to open. The windows in the lobby of Town Hall however are. Sitting behind a couch to his left is a window that is big enough that he could squeeze through. If he is careful enough, he might just make it to the window without being noticed.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523024

File: 1502956423413.png (234.74 KB, 877x638, Crit lost it.png)

>>41523023
What am I gonna feel good about at the end of tonight? Try to sneak out the safe way or...

Crit wasn't gonna head down that route but instead takes the stapler and hurls it straight through the window, causing it to shatter into pieces, completely negating their seals. After that he rushed up and out of the window and onto the street below, surely getting scratched and cut up on his sides.

When it comes to Crit, there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom. His intelligence is superb and allows him an understanding of magic. His wisdom though... is lacking. Allowing little self restraint and poor decisions like this.

If this is a bit too much, I can delete this post and sneak out the window

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523025

File: 1502957201809.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41523024
>>41523014
>>41523016

Nah, it's all good. I love it when things get shaken up like that. Mayor is gonna be so pissed he finds out one of his windows has been broken.

>Miss Haybees is stunned for a moment then quickly turns her head towards the loud sound of shattered glass.


What in the world?!

>Though not the least bit subtle, he escapes without being seen. At least not all of him. The only thing Miss Haybees caught a glimpse of was his tail as he hurtles through the window. More in shock at the situation than anything, she does not yet approach the window to investigate, nor does she look through to see who it was that just broke the window.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523027

>>41523025
Critical does not give a shit right now, adrenaline has taken out what little reason he had and booked it. Once he cleared away from the Town Hall, he ducked away into a nearby alleyway as to not draw any attention to his now self inflicted wounds.

"By Celestia Crit, why the hell would you do all that?", he looks at the crimson forming up on one particular side and covered it up with his hoof. Crit's been hurt bad before but he never did actually handle it all well, more or less he would enter this drifty panicky state as he would try to fix it.

"Okay... okay I just need to...", He pokes his head out of the alley way, makes sure it was clear and then move on to the next, moving his way across town like this to make it to the local hospital or doctor's place.

Well this will at least warrant a funny consequence later down the line. The mayor will have to be upset about the window and will hopefully never find out who did it.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523028

File: 1502957798856.png (49.62 KB, 500x474, silver wing recolor 22.png)

>>41523016
>>41523024
>Both Silver and Esis are startled by the sound of the glass breaking.

>Silver turns quickly to the source of the sound, at the same time pushing Esis down to the floor, taking a protective stance over her. She sees Crit's tail as it dissapears through the window. With a quick glance down at Esis to make sure she was okay, she immediately shot off towards the window, looking out to see if she could spot whoever it was.


>Esis, herself, cowered against the desk where Silver had pushed her down, breathing heavily, her fur and feathers ruffled up. She peeks her head up towards the window as Silver runs off towards it.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523031

File: 1502958582932.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41523028

>Once Silver moves, Haybees snaps out of her moment of shock and follows Silver to the window, albeit a little too late to see anything. For Silver however, it would be an entirely different story. Not only was she able to get a good look at the pony, but she would have been able to see exactly what color his coat and mane were, and even a vague idea of what his cutie mark looked like. He would soon after vanish from view as he turns a corner. Haybees coming up next to her.


Who in the world would have done this?

>She adjusts her glasses and turns to Silver.


I sincerely apologize for this. For as long as i have worked here, we have never had an incident like this before.

>She is incredibly distraught that not only did this happen, but while she was taking care of some newcomers. New residents at that! This was not a very good first impression.


>>41523027
>Crit turns the corner and is fortunate to find himself alone. From where he stood, he would be able to see the local clinic just past the hotel. A glowing red cross above the small building to indicate it as such. The Fire Station on a cloud is nowhere to be seen in the sky, there is however one pony on the street, but they are pretty far down. It was only a matter of time before nearby townsfolk pour out of the closest buildings to investigate the noise for themselves.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523032

File: 1502958982352.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, Coffee.png)

>>41523031
He makes his way towards the clinic in a quick fashion, trying to avoid the imminent crowd soon to form. Once inside he goes up to the closest nurse and asks for help to patch him up, already starting to get dizzier and dizzier by the second.

He also figured that he was gonna get one heck of a talking to by the doctor by incurring such wounds, the doctor will assume he did something stupid... which would be correct.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523033

File: 1502959113678.jpg (103.78 KB, 712x1024, silver wing recolor 4.jpg)

>>41523031
>Silver growls as she watches the pony run off, but she restrains herself from diving out the window after him as Haybees arrives next to her.

I don't know who, but I know what they look like.

>She says, her voice growling as she watches out the window with narrows eyes. As she turns to Haybees, though, her visage returns to calm. She sighs.


It's fine. The sort of thing that comes with progress. When you start to build up a town into something bigger, you always end up attracting some bad apples.

>Silver shakes her head and turns back the way she came, walking back towards Esis.

Nurse Redheart!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523034

File: 1502959884713.png (394.66 KB, 4000x3330, 747797.png)

>>41523032

>As he runs past the hotel, a familiar looking yellow pony peers out from the curtains. No time to worry about that now, you're bleeding out! Upon entering the clinic he would find the place to be incredibly understaffed, with only a sole pony present to help him. She sits behind the desk and turns to greet him when he enter.


How can i h- oh my goodness!

>The Nurse rushes out from behind the desk and rushes to his side, quickly examining the injury.


This looks bad. Come with me.

>With a leg over his back, she practically lifts him and carries him into the nearest room. Assisting him onto the examination table.


Lay down, put pressure on the wound. I know it'll hurt, but you have to do it.

>She turns around and pulls out the needed supplies from the cabinet. Quickly turning back around, she begins the work of disinfecting, and cleaning the wound.


How did you manage to hurt yourself so badly?

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523035

File: 1502960020459.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41523033

I... I suppose you're right.

>She follows Silver back to Esis.


I apologize again for this incident.

>She facehoofs.


By Celestia, why did this have to happen when there were visitors. Undoubtedly the Sheriff will be here soon enough to investigate. I am sorry again this happened.

Trixie Clone Number 8!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523036

>>41523032
>>41523033

Gonna have to call it a night here. So, goodnight!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523037

File: 1502960388570.png (234.74 KB, 877x638, Crit lost it.png)

>>41523034
Critical grinds his teeth shut, trying not to scream out loud as the disinfectant touches the cuts.

"RRRRrrrrggggghhhhh... I fell and scraped myself on the pavement."

Eventually the horrid stinging feeling subsides and he lets loose on the table and relaxes as the nurse continues her work

"Well... heh... looks like I got myself back into the same situation before."

He looks around the room and looks to see what there was to see, looking for a possible escape if a search party tracks him here. He also tries to remember where he saw that yellow coated pony he saw earlier. Was that pony following him and if so, why?

Good night
Also I don't remember seeing this yellow pony.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523157

>>41523037
Okay I'm here now but I don't know what to do next. Anywho I am here now.

Nurse Redheart!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523160

File: 1503029544414.png (161.71 KB, 900x1144, 140808526939.png)

>>41523037
>>41523157

Sorry for the late response. Been busy today with my sisters birthday.

>The nurse raises an eyebrow in suspicion.


Scraped yourself on the pavement huh?

>She eyes the wound.


Never seen pavement made of glass before, but who knows.

>As Crit thinks back, he would remember that the yellow pony who peered out the hotel window, was none other than Busy Bee. The energetic pony he had talked with earlier in the day.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523171

File: 1503032008771.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41523160
Oh I hope she had a happy birthday then.

He didn't say anything to her about the glass but instead just let her do her work as she picked what bits were inside him and stitched him up. He was curious though as to why Busy Bee was out and about, he thought that she would be too busy in the hotel to be strolling around. Then again it may have just been the end of her shift and she might have just been heading home.

He looks up to the nurse, "When you're all done with me, you wouldn't happen to have a cloak I could use to cover up the bandages, my pride is damaged enough as it is."

Nurse Redheart!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523180

File: 1503033703445.png (98 KB, 532x381, large14.png)

>>41523171

A cloak? Hmm, let me check.

>She leaves the room briefly. The room itself in unremarkable and contains no windows. She soon returns with a black cloak.


This was in the lost and found. It should do the trick for now, but please, do return it when your pride has recovered.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523184

>>41523180
He smiles as he gets up and puts it on, covering his body that was cut and bandaged up, "Heh, it's a stallion sort of thing that's unique to us." He was just being an asshole and not serious.

"Anyways thanks doc for the quick work, if you ever need my help on anything just give me a holler and I'll do what you want for free as payback."

Nurse Redheart!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523188

File: 1503034830365.jpg (14 KB, 244x366, 140808348673.jpg)

>>41523184

>The nurse rolls her eyes.


I've noticed.

>She walks with him out of the room.


Best thing you can do for me is try and get some rest. It's going to be a couple days before that fully heals on it's own.

>She grabs a clipboard from the desk and holds it towards him.


Before you go I'm gonna need you to sign in. Just your name and where you live should be enough and i can fill out the rest.

>On the clipboard he would see a short list of names of various citizens of the town and one from out of town.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523192

>>41523188
Rest? Nah that wasn't going to happen for a while when Critical is still hot on the forger's trail. Still though looking around for names wasn't going to be so strenuous, when sneaking around though may prove differently though.

"Yeah.. yeah I'll sign your registry."

He takes a look at the out of towner name on the board, perhaps it was that one pony Skips tackled.

Still though he writes his name down then it came down to where he lived. Crit for a long time now had no home to stay in so instead he wrote down the words Nowhere. He almost laughs, it was fitting for Critical consider what he does for a living however he did wonder what he would do when he decided to settle down.

"Aaaand there that's that for paper work. Now that that's done I need to head on out and talk to somepony, I'm sure they're worried about me." He doubted the sheriff was worried but he needed an excuse to keep moving.

Nurse Redheart!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523217

File: 1503037551279.png (140.22 KB, 861x1024, 7.png)

>>41523192

>The name written on the clip board reads as a Justin Case from Manehatten. She takes the clipboard back and looks it over and looking back up at him.


Thank you Mr. Hit. You can go ahead and head out now. Try not to...

>She hesitates.


Scrape yourself on the pavement, anytime soon.

>She says knowingly as she leads him out the front doors. Even from just outside the Clinic, Crit would be able to see a small gathering of ponies around the side of Town Hall where the window broke. The scene was being kept under control by Skip.

Silver Wing and Esis!Jade/FMNEMCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523232

File: 1503038685487.png (36.19 KB, 286x217, silver wing recolor 16.png)

>>41523035
>As Silver arrives back at the desk where Esis remains cowering, she comes around and offers her claw to the mare.

>Esis takes her claw and, with her help, picks herself up from the ground. Silver then proceeds to run her claws through Esis' mane and coat, smoothing the frazzled fur.


>As Haybees returns shortly after, Silver looks at her.


Again, it's fine. I did get a good look at the culprit as he ran off, I'd be happy to provide the information to the Sheriff if they wish for it.

>Silver then turns back to Esis and brushes her claws through her mane once more.


But until that's required, I think we should get some fresh air.

>Esis, for her part, seemed to have calmed considerably from the scare, aided by Silver's attention. She did still seem antsy to get out of the building, though.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523239

File: 1503039166348.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41523232

>Miss Haybees nods.


Yes, that would probably be for the best. I'll have the Sheriff stop by your hotel sometime later today to get an official statement from you.

>She leads the two to the front door once again. At this point a few ponies have gathered around the side of the building where the broken window was. Gawking at the site. A strong and authoritative looking white pegasus begins the work of shooing away the citizens to set up a perimeter.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523502

File: 1503109531385.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41523217
Critical decides to play it cool and stay away from the crime scene right now, he's heard a few times too many that the criminal often returns to the scene of the crime. Still though he couldn't deny the fact that he had this instinctual desire to see how ponies were reacting to his handiwork.

Resisting the lure of going over there, he heads on down to the police station, enters it, and calls for the sheriff. "Hey sheriff, are you here? I need to talk with you on things I found."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523534

File: 1503114978828.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523502

>Crit enters the station to find it empty. Other than Shinning Sea in her cell leaning up against the bars. She looks up at Crit.


Well, look who's back. The Sheriffs chosen knight to help save the town. Pah. That used to be me, you know. I was the one that was supposed to be the hero. Now look at me. Locked up in a cell near every week for trying to stir the pot and get something exciting going in the town.

>Though there was no smell of alcohol on her, her voice wavered as though she were drunk. Shortly after she finishes speaking, The Sheriff enters in through the back door.


Good, you're back. Did you find anything out yet?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523535

File: 1503115248679.png (197.15 KB, 1920x1080, Explainen.png)

>>41523534
Critical doesn't say much to Shining Sea but remembers that her name is on that Employee roster so he will be talking to her soon if he can get each other private... away from the listening ears of the sheriff.

"Yeah you could say I found some stuff here, nothing concrete yet but I do at least have a comprehensive list of suspects."

He then shows her the list, letting her see all the names on it and their times. He then gets a curious idea.

"Hey... how about you lend me Shining Sea over there for some help on this. I'm sure she would rather do that than to be locked up in that cell. Besides you owe me for that list."

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523538

File: 1503115739460.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41523535

>The Sheriff takes the list and looks it over carefully.


Post Office schedule? Hmm. Never thought of checking any of them out. Smart move.

>At Crits request however, the Sheriff lowers her sunglasses and stares at him with a raised eyebrow.


Why-

Why in the hay would you need me to help?

>Shinning Sea interrupts the Sheriff. Seeming just as confused at the request as the Sheriff herself.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523540

File: 1503116082329.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41523538
He looks over at Shining Sea with a gambler's smile, "I dunno. You did say that you used to be the hero in these parts so I assume that you're bored in there, not only that but you run around in the ruins on the daily basis from what I assume. Also I'm getting a pretty nice vibe from you and my gut instincts are never wrong. Of course if you prefer that cold dank cell, I'll then leave you to your full sentence."

He then looks back to the sheriff, "Aside from that, all we just need to do is find out which one is pretty literate and then do some... investigating to pin him or her with some hard evidence. I yield back and the law can take over after its self placed shackles are released."

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523552

File: 1503117832323.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41523540

>The Sheriff looks to Shinning Sea, who looks back at her in return.


I suppose you won't do me much good in there.

I'm up for it. Let me out of this playpen so i can go adventurin' with the soul patch pony.

>The Sheriff walks up to the pen and unlock it with a heavy clung. The door creaks open and Shining Sea takes a step out, stretching her legs one by one.


Ahhh, that feels much better

>The Sheriff puts away her keys and points to the two of them.


She's your responsibility got it? Anything she does, will be on you. Technically she still has the rest of the day to serve her sentence, but I'll let her off with a warning this time.

>She shuts the gate.


Don't get into too much trouble now. I won't even ask why you're wearing that cloak.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523555

File: 1503118243404.png (492.23 KB, 1920x1080, potrait.png)

>>41523552
"Don't worry sheriff, we'll be on our best behavior," Our behavior of utter chaos, "So anyways with the town being all riled up to that break in at the town hall, which I had nothing to do with, I believe that our next move should be considerably on the down low or else ponies will draw conclusions..."

He thinks for a moment, it's been a while since he was dealing with the judicial system so he was a bit rusty here with police investigation.

"I think... we should try to trace back and share knowledge that we know. Ms. Sheriff, do you know what day of the week that Skips got his denial letter or if you just have a copy of it, I can look at it for you and see the date. Maybe even cast a detect magic spell on it to see if it was altered in that way."

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523570

File: 1503119444795.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41523555

... I am going to ignore that for now.

>She walks over to her desk and searches through her drawers before coming up with a crumple letter and envelope.


There was something spilled on it when it was in the trash, so i can't make out the date clearly. My assessment is that it was delivered about 3 months ago on... either a Monday or Tuesday. It's difficult to tell.

>She hands it over to Crit to examine further.


You can go ahead and hang onto that for now. Might be of more use with you than it would sitting in my desk.

>Shinning Sea peers at the paper examining it for herself as it's handed over.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523572

File: 1503119966278.png (72.06 KB, 1080x785, Critical Hit Redone.png)

>>41523570
"That's fine, I was gonna factor in a day's + and - day to count in a day if it being thefted and altered and replanted. So that would make a possible span of Sunday to Wednesday, that would mean that our top two suspects are Lickity Split and Page Turner. For now I'm gonna see what I can pick up on Lickity Split since she's earlier in the week than Page Turner. Let's go ahead and see if Skips knows any of these ponies, perhaps he had a relation with them at some point and time.v One of them are bound to be the forger and we need to find a motive before we can actually prosecute."

He then motions to Shining Sea to exit the building with him, wanting to talk to her alone without the Sheriff.

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523574

File: 1503120302032.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41523572

Sounds like a plan. In the meantime, i should be getting to Town Hall. Seems i have more work to do.

>She exits with Crit and Shinning Sea and parts ways immediately after, heading towards town hall. Once she is out of earshot Shinning Sea turns towards Crit.


Thanks for getting me outa there. I've started getting a little too used to being locked up.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523580

File: 1503120546624.gif (157.15 KB, 1920x1080, Laser-Shot.gif)

>>41523574
"Right..."

He then turns and gives her a serious look, "Now before we do anything together, I need to know one thing. Were you the one who made the forgery?"

Critical doubted that Shining Sea would be anywhere capable of this feat but his paranoia still demanded him that he checks to make sure.

"You best tell me now and not let me find out. If you tell me now, I can make it look like the forger was gone and you'll get off scott free. If I find out then there may already be too much dirt on you to get locked up a whole lot longer than a day and there would be nothing I could do. Hell your name is already on that list of suspects and to be frank, I'm surprised the Sheriff let me take you on."
This post was edited by its author on .

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523584

File: 1503120920076.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523580

>She waves a dismissive hoof.


Pshaw. I wouldn't do a thing like that. Me and Miranda go waaaay back. Besides, i never show up for work. Honestly i don't know why they keep me on there. I only show up on my days when i need some extra bits. Otherwise I'm out and about doing my thing.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523589

File: 1503121285246.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41523584
Interesting, Critical takes note of Shinning's usual absence at the Office. Perhaps this was when the perp was able to plant the letter.

"...Alright alright I trust you now, I just needed to clear the air first or else I won't get any sleep over it. Come on, lets go find Skips and talk to him a bit more. Perhaps with some reasoning he'll open up and be more cooperative if we tell him about our investigation."

Critical then starts to make his way on down to the Town Hall where he last saw Skips. Along the way he also tried some small talk with Shining Sea.

"So... you said you used to do some adventuring stuff? Heh, I wonder what kind of town would raise you, I've only seen ponies talk like that on the docks of Baltimare."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523595

File: 1503121784608.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523589

Fair nuff.

>Sinning Sea walks along side him.


Well, you're probably right. Truth is, i have no idea where I'm from. Alls i know is that i hit my head a long while back while adventurin and i lost my memory. Went adventurin with a purpose after that, but couldn't find anypony out in Baltimare who recognized me. Figure i musta come from somewhere else.

>She motions towards the buildings around them.


S'how i ended up here.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523609

File: 1503122741450.png (117.09 KB, 1920x1080, quick face.png)

>>41523595
"So you're just looking for a new life when you one day woke up without one. Well I hope you find whatever it is that you're looking for, just be sure you're okay with the end result alright?"

He looks around to find Skips, making sure that his cloak covered his new wounds, hopefully he wouldn't be recognized but with Shinning Sea and his outfit, he was ready with an alibi in case any suspicion is raised.

"For your case Shinning, you were probably a seafarer and might not even be native to Equestria. I'm pretty shit when it comes to geography but if you aren't from Baltimare then you're probably from another coastal town like Horseshoe Bay or maybe just from another continent."

This one I never finished

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523610

File: 1503123141380.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523609

Probably. To be honest, i gave up on searching for my past identity. I kind of like what I've built for myself now. Might just be the explorers spirit in me, but where I'm goin matters more to me than where I've been.

>As they approach Town Hall, they would find most of the crowd dispersed, with the Sheriff dispersing the few who were left. A tired looking unicorn working to sweep up the bits of shattered glass. Just barely exiting out of view is Skip, heading back up Mane Street towards the saloon.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523612

>>41523609

Looks good so far! Seems like a big canvas to be working with, what else are you planning to put on it?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523616

>>41523610
Crit smiles as he imitates her, "Fair nuff."

He then sees Skips and how he is making his way to the saloon. A bit disappointed, Critical thought Skips would be a bit more active and not just let the Sheriff take care a of this incident. Then again it was the Sheriff cleaning up the mess so maybe his words with Skip was not in vain.

"There he is, remember we need to find out if he knows any of the workers here at the office. We'll just make up a story on how I'm looking into a job at the office and you wanting me to replace you. Then I'll ask Skip what's it like to work there since he hangs out there sometimes I think, and see if he knows any of the employees well in any other sense than Friend."

Critical moves on about towards the saloon, hot on Skip's trail.

>>41523612
Er to be honest I dropped that one and will not work on it in the future. I just needed a new pic and I saw that I had this one.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523618

File: 1503124352472.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523616

>The corner of her mouth turns up at his response.


Sounds good to me.

>She follows closely behind Crit. With Skips head start, he had already entered into the Saloon. Upon coming closer the two of them would be able to hear that the saloon was much more packed than it was before. Skip is sitting at the bar alone, Amber is preoccupied with serving drinks to a group of caravaners, and couple of formal looking colts sitting at a booth talking to each other.


Better not let him know you were anywhere near town hall earlier. Might ruin his trust with you and with Miranda.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523621

File: 1503124616309.png (292.29 KB, 3468x2524, CriticalGambling.png)

>>41523618
Critical gives a nod, not saying anything as he was mentally preparing himself for this. In the back of his mind though, his conscious was lingering... How many times are you gonna lie like this? One day you're gonna end up with nopony trusting you. He then sits down in the booth with Skips on the opposite side of the table.

"Skips old pal, I saw how things went down near that town hall place. Heard it was some hooligan that threw a rock through a damned window. You know anything about that?"

He then flags down Amber Nectar for drinks.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523630

File: 1503125702942.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41523621

>Shinning Sea, not wanting to interfere, sits in the booth next to theirs and examines the menu on the table. Though her ears were focused on the conversation going on.


Huh?

>Skip looks up from his half empty mug.


Back already? Yeah, i was one of the first ones on the scene. Heard the glass break from here in the Saloon so i rushed over, being my job to check on these sorts of things and all. Definitely wasn't a rock though. Whoever is was used a stapler and with the trajectory of the glass it came from inside, not outside. I was on the brink of finding some hard evidence when the Sheriff showed up. Shoo'd me away while she took it over.

>He takes a sip of his drink and squints suspiciously out the window.


She's usually all over me doing something productive so i wonder what was so special about this case...

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523634

>>41523630
Oh shit oh shit."Huh, well that is weird. Anyways I was interested in joining the Town Hall as a coworker. I figure that since I know little about the system, I could make a life there. The thing is though I kinda want to know who is working there and what they are like."

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523640

File: 1503126467615.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41523634

>Skip turns his suspicion towards Crit as he takes another sip.


I thought you were an adventuring type. Why the hay would somepony like you be interested in working a white collar job like that?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523642

File: 1503126819646.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, Crit portrait new.png)

>>41523640
Critical replies smoothly with his lie, "A lot of times I take on temporary jobs but for long term. What I more or less meant by was that I could work there for quite a while and earn enough money for my next expedition to make it to another town. Long story short, I have expenses and I need a steady income."

He then leans on the table

"So go on, fill me in about the coworkers there... are there any pretty mares there?"

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523656

File: 1503127863189.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41523642

>Stares for a moment. Seemed believable enough he supposed.


At Town Hall?

>He takes a long drink as he ponders the question.


Clove Hitch and Lickity Split are pretty cute mares for sure, but not my type really. Why you asking? Trying to pick up a local girl?

>Shinning Sea from the next booth over turns around and speaks in at a raised volume, though not quite yelling.


Oh, what, am i not "cute" enough for you?!

>Startled by this, Skip turns his head to see who was so upset by his comment.


Sh-shinning Sea?! Aren't you supposed to be locked up for the night?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523659

File: 1503128406601.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41523656
It's pretty late for me so I'm gonna end it here for tonight.

"Er uh..." He was trying to think. "I guess the Sheriff let her off easy I guess. In fact I think I was supposed to be taking over for her."

He leans back into his chair, "Anyways I was just playing. Still though I can't help but want to know what they are like. You say they aren't your type, did one go for you and you reject them or something?"

Poor Shinning Sea, I bet that what Skip said sure did hurt.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523662

File: 1503129529909.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41523659

Goodnight!

Let her off easy?

>He stares at Crit in disbelief as Shinning Sea huffs and stomps off to another part of the bar. He shakes his head trying to get passed what just happened.


Nah, they just aren't my type. Lickity Split is way to busy to have a day off let alone be in a relationship and Clove Hitch is a little too wild for me. Not to mention, i don't think she's into the masculine types if you know what i mean.

>He takes another sip


I do remembering hearing a rumor that Lickity had a crush on me awhile back. That died out pretty quick though. That girl is nothing but work, work, work.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523781

File: 1503199017883.png (471.07 KB, 3507x2550, Critpipbucksketch.png)

>>41523662
Well, Crit thought, I guess I'll be checking out on Lickity Split. Just on what I need to look for is the real question. He knew that he shouldn't pull any other fancy stunts right now since the town will still be in uproar about Townhall.

"So a rumor... do you know who you heard the rumor from?"

Perhaps a third person perspective will point him in the right direction. Other than that, Crit would have to think about this longer, maybe even consult Shining Sea about this matter.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523785

File: 1503203287633.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41523781

Can't say that i could pin point it to anyone in particular, but i can tell you where most of them start from.

>He takes another sip and motions with his head towards Amber who had he hooves fill dealing with the group of caravaners.


Most rumors around here start from either Amber, or Bee. Both of them manage to see and know just about everything that goes on in this town. Only difference between them is that Bee is good and spreading it, while Amber actually knows most of the facts. How she does it, I'll never know.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523786

File: 1503203497012.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41523785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hQyqKRZCk

"Well I could go for a drink right now and I do always like a good rumor here and there. Perhaps she can point me to somewhere interesting, when you travel like I do you gotta look at all the sites and things like such."

He gets on up and tries to navigate through the bar and find Amber Nectar, hopefully Shining Sea will be okay on her on... and not cause unnecessary trouble.

"Yo Amber, where are you?" He calls out to catch her attention.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523787

File: 1503203797775.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41523786

>Amber pokes her head out from among the caravaners. Upon seeing him she waves.


I'll be with you in a sec!

>She turns back to the group.


Go ahead on without me, i have work to do.

>The group aww's a she leaves. Briefly exposing what looks like a card game set up at the table.


What can i do you for Crit?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523789

>>41523787
"Hey, I was hoping that you could give some info on something related to I've been working on."

He didn't want to give any info on what he was working on because it might risk exposing on what he was searching for.

"I was hoping you could fill me on about a few of the citizens here" He then whispers "I would like to know about the Sheriff, Skips, Lickity Split, Page Turner, Haywire, and I think that's it."

He was sure to sprinkle in a few dead enders in there to throw off anyone who might have been catching on to him. Hopefully that would work.

Really all you would need to do is type a short bio for each or just skip over the irrelevant ones.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523791

File: 1503205187365.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41523789

>Amber raises an eyebrow of curiosity.


Fill you in huh? That's a lot of ground to cover too.

>She leads him to sit at the bar with her.


Sheriff is a native. Lived here her whole life, but she left town for a few years in her younger days to go adventuring and lived in Canterlot for a year or so before moving back and becoming the new Sheriff. Skips is from Las Pegasus and moved here a few years after Miranda, er, i mean the Sheriff became, the Sheriff. Had his head in the clouds about becoming a Royal Guard, but he's got more potential than that. Could easily make it into their special forces with his scores.

>She pauses as she thinks over the other three names.


Lickity Split is the Mayors intern. Poor girl is always working and running about doing whatever the Mayor or his Assistant ask of her. In truth it's because she's hoping to become the next Mayor after Coolgrass is out of office. Page Turner is the local historian. He does most of the book keeping for everyone in town and helps organize their paperwork, even in town hall. Shyest pony you'll ever meet though, other than Fluttershy herself of course. Haywire's a native too. Does most of the construction and handywork needed in the whole town. Poor girl is almost as hard worked as Lickity Split though. Heard her sister out in Canterlot has been having problems lately, so her niece might be coming to live with her soon. Can't imagine how much extra work that's gonna be on her.

>She rests and elbow on the counter and leans towards him.


So, which one of these did you actually want to know about?

>She says knowingly.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523792

File: 1503205841585.gif (515.77 KB, 400x400, Natural-Habitat.gif)

>>41523791
"Why... I wanted to know about all of them." To be honest, each step with this investigation was a lot more difficult than he thought it would be. With little success or breakthrough, even his paranoia was withering away and his more sensible side was suggesting that perhaps that Skips was truly denied and the Sheriff was overreacting. Irregardless of what Critical was feeling right now, he still had to complete this job, the sheriff was expecting results and he did not want to get on her bad side and start out with a negative reputation here. Anyways back to the topic at hand, he had to see how in depth the relations there were between the Town Hall and Skips. Time for a more daring move.

"Hey, you know I once heard a rumor that Kips and Page Turner had a falling out, do you know anything about that?"

It was a long shot but maybe it could work if there was anything there.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523793

File: 1503206005961.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41523792

>She stares him down unblinking.


You're looking into Skips rejection letter aren't you?
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523794

File: 1503206407083.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41523793
He rubs his eyes, went too far. Unfortunately for Crit, he wasn't as socially fluent as his father and he still had much to learn about the conversation and interrogation.

"... I'm starting to get at my rope's end here. I just need something here or else I have nothing to show for it. If you know something that could help then please tell me, also don't tell anyone at all what I am doing or else the forger will escape."

He was putting a lot of faith and risk into this one bartender, something that he is too often familiar with when it came to success or failure. He just hopes that this doesn't slip up for him in the end. Already Shining and Amber knows what he is doing and that is two ponies too many already.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523795

File: 1503207310350.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41523794

>She gives a mischievous smile.


I don't make my money just from selling drinks in a small town. I sell information and since you just gave me some, I'll give this one to you as a freebie.

>She leans in and whispers.


The key to solving this mystery is fixing Skips broken relationship with Bee. If you can fix that, you will find a hard lead.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523796

File: 1503207662487.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41523795
>Be me
>Looking back and remembering seeing Honey Bee after I broke out of Town Hall
>Now realize that I'm retarded and should have talked to her. Fucking Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eZI7SI5HE&t=47s

Critical gives a nod to her, "I hope you won't spoil anything to anypony else and I'll try to work from behind the scenes so it won't be our names permanently muddied as a result."

After giving her his confidentiality promise, he motions to Shining Sea to follow him outside to talk about the next move.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523798

File: 1503208280853.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523796

>She chuckles


Not unless it's a fair trade.

>Shinning Sea sees Crit motion for her to follow and she rises from her seat, tossing a couple gold bits into the tip jar as she rushes to his side.


You come back anytime!

>Amber moves on to serve Skips as he finishes off his mug and waves to Crit as he leaves. Shinning comes up beside him.


Looks to me like you learned about Ambers "secret" side business with that confident strut in your step.

>She motions her hooves to emphasize the air quotes.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523804

File: 1503208624963.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41523798
He smiles at her, a great weight was lifted off of him, "Yeah I did. Now that I know where we need to go from here, you and I are gonna need to play matchmaker."

As ludicrous as that sounded, Critical's happy face was unmoved at how crazy that sounded.

"She said to get the next big lead, we need to get both Honey Bee and Skips together in a relationship that is romantic. Somehow the end result will point us in the right direction and we'll get what we need. After that I imagine we get paid and I go out and get crazy drunk after ordering a room at the inn tonight. Also if for some reason you don't get paid, I'll be sure to split the reward with you since you helped me out some."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523805

File: 1503209726504.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523804

>She tilts her head curiously.


And playin matchmaker will get us in the right direction? Shoot, i've heard of crazier things that worked, lets do it.

And don't worry bout me gettin paid. I've always been in it for the adventure. Course i won't turn down a couple a free drinks and a place to stay that isn't a cell.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523806

File: 1503210022227.png (278.67 KB, 960x540, Crit HiDef.png)

>>41523805
"I'll see what I can do, after all I think the Sheriff will be more than happy to see Skips in Royal Guard Armor and the mare of his dreams in his hooves."

They start to head on down their way to the Hotel and once again Critical makes some small talk along the way.

"Sooo... what are you gonna do after all this is over Shining? Got anything planned as of yet or are you just going with the flow like I am?"

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523808

File: 1503212161905.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523806

Just gonna go with the flow like i always do. I don't really plan anything ahead of time. Like to think on my hooves more often than just waiting for a plan to fail.

>As they approach the Hotel, the lights in the front windows would be on, indicating that at least somepony was present there.


They really cleaned that place up good.

Sorry for the slow response. It's been a long day.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523810

>>41523808
No prob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTuB3lGLm8

>>41523808
"Yeah that sounds like a good life to go with, sometimes you just gotta take things slow and sit back and watch the sisters play around with the sun and moon." Would say watch the world spin but uh... this is Equestria after all. Geocentrism is supreme!

He then looks around, not noticing it earlier but after Shining Sea pointed that out, the building was pretty nice after all. I guess that pony that wanted this to be a mansion really knew what he was going for. Critical wondered how it came to be a hotel though, perhaps Page Turn the historian could fill him in on that.

"I heard how it was all smashed up and yeah it does look pretty nice. You don't get to see this kind of stuff too often when on the move so it makes you appreciate it more if you take the time to look at it. Anyways we should head on inside and see if Honey Bee is still in there, I'm guessing that if her reputation as a hard worker then she will be in the main lobby sweeping at something or vacuuming the carpets.

They head on inside and look to find Honey Bee.
This post was edited by its author on .

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523811

File: 1503213306753.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523810

>Shinning Sea nods in agreement.


It's true.

>When they enter, they find a pony fast asleep at the front desk. Most of their body covered up in a blanket, making it difficult to make out exactly what they look like. Busy Bee was hard at work, ensuring the paintings were lined up properly and everything was dusted. Shinning Sea leans in towards Crit.


By the way, her names Busy Bee. Just thought i'd tell ya before you made a fool of yourself.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523812

File: 1503213669785.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41523811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgDukbXpFmA

"Oh... right... I was uh, just testing you to see how you remember things." First Skip Tracer and now Busy Bee, he should probably get some wake up pills to clear up his absent mindedness.

He then brushes off his poor memory and heads on over to Busy Bee, hoping that Shining will stay close, and tried to talk to the hotel maid, "Er Busy Bee, can I speak with you for a few minutes." He was whispering to her so not to wake up the pony at the front desk.

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523813

File: 1503214163958.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41523812

>Busy Bee turns to face Crit, nearly tossing her duster as she does so.


Sure thing! Oops.

>She talks a little more quietly.


I mean, sure thing Crit.

>She shakes a hoof happily at his companion.


Hiiiiiii Shinning. You're not getting this nice new face into trouble are you?

No course not. He's gettin me into the trouble this time.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523814

File: 1503214724421.png (1.28 MB, 1122x860, Crit's solution.png)

>>41523813
He smiles, danger is just in his nature, "Eh, I've always had trouble at my back since I was born, comes with my own special talent. Of course that's not what I am here for after all."

Critical takes in a deep breath and exhales, getting ready to say what is needed, "Busy Bee, I think that you and Skips should seek out some sort of relationship. It isn't fair for both of you to look at each other but to not experience anything together other than just simple acquaintances. If you don't believe me, then hear out my reasoning."

"Busy Bee, you work way too much in this little Hotel thing and you need some time to go out and have some fun.You need to enjoy life for what it has to offer, follow your own heart, and try to spend more time on things other than working."

"As for Skips, he needs motivation and something or someone to keep him going. After his denial letter came about, he has gone on a downward spiral and much like you, he needs to escape his tunnel vision and get his muzzle out of those damnable mystery books."

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523815

File: 1503215944806.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41523814

Way to lay it on thick.

>Busy Bee is frozen in place. A little shocked at how forward he was being about all this.


...

>She takes in a deep breath.


Okay, first of all, who are you to be getting into other peoples business let alone relationships like that mister, i just rolled into town and broke into town hall. That's right. I saw you running away afterwards, but i didn't say anything because you seemed like a nice enough of a pony that you probably had a good reason, but now i see that all you want to do is stick your nose in other peoples business. This is why a lot of us are nervous about having new comers like you just show up in our peaceful little town.

>She takes in another breath.


and second, even if i like him, there is no chance that he will even like me back. I asked my best friend and i even asked the mayor about it and they both told me that he would have no interest in a simple earth pony like me and that when he gets his acceptance letter to be a Royal Guard, he will leave town and never think of me again.

>She takes in another breath, her voice wavering a little with emotion.


and I'll have you know that i was the one who got him most of those mystery books because it seemed to be the only thing he ever came in here to read and i wanted to do something nice for him because he looked like he was feeling down.

>She takes in another heavy breath and slowly exhales to help relax herself again.


Woah

I'm sorry. I've had a rough day.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523816

File: 1503216767790.png (249.63 KB, 2221x2381, Criticalneutral.png)

>>41523815
Critical takes a moment to process her arguments with a cold gaze and prepared to refute them.

"So first of all you claim that this is none of my business which is arguably true but the reason I do know of this situation you two are in is because that you two both told me snippits of it. That tells me that you are both interested in each other but are too scared to make any moves so you then in a minor way confess your feelings to utter strangers. If that's not a call for help then I don't know what is."

"Your second point is the fact that you are afraid that he won't be interested in you because your an earth pony. That in itself is pretty irrational and that is coming from a pony who has a long history of magical unicorns yet his father married a pegasus." Whelp that at least explains Critical's shorter and thinner stature. "Also if your friends told you that he would leave you because of who you are and some job opportunnity then you may need to get new friends. Hell how about just consult how you feel rather than what they think. There is also the chance that he would pick you over the job but if you don't act now then he may go else where and you'll be stuck here as some lonely maid for the rest of your life."

"And thirdly I don't care where the mystery books come from but from what I can see is that you care about him for giving them to him. No stranger would do that, it is obvious that you love him and he enjoys the books so he must share some of that affection back to you."

Busy Bee!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523817

File: 1503218508365.png (244.39 KB, 1600x2338, Busy Bee.png)

>>41523816

>Bee blushes and pouts in frustration.


Yeah, s-so! I like him and he won't like me back because that's just how it's going to be! I trust Lickity Split with all my heart and she would never be wrong about something like this, she's the smartest pony i know. Maybe i go to her too much for my problems and maybe i do love him, but that's none of your business.

>She pokes him repeatedly.


and i don't appreciate some stranger saying i don't know how to pick good friends. Hmff!

>Bee huffs and turns her back to the two.


I don't have to take this. I have cleaning to do.

>She storms off up the stairs towards the room. Despite all the commotion the pony at the desk is still fast asleep. Shinning Sea speaks up.


Ya know, logic and psychoanalyzin don't usually mix to well with emotion in my experience. Ya got all the facts right, but she's just a bundle a raging emotions sometimes.

>Shinning Sea rubs the back of her neck.


I mean, you at least got her to actually confess her feelings. That's genuinely the first time i ever seen her get so worked up about something so you definitely hit the nail right on the head with that one.

>She holds up a hoof.


And I think, we got a lead.

Gonna have to call it a night here. Goodnight!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523818

>>41523817
"To be honest Shining, I was wrong to approach her first like I did. If Skip Tracer and Busy Bee \' truly love each other then they must confess that affection together without some mediator some mediator in between and since Bee is in some bundle of emotion right now, it'll have to be Skip to be the first one to make the move. Besides I'm not going to be around to help out there relations in the long term so their little affair needs to be able to stand on its own hooves if its going to work. However I'll tackle the issue with Skips later after I get what I want from Lickity Split."

He then heads on outside, knowing social confrontation will get him nowhere with Lickity Split. Instead perhaps some more in the shadow work will be needed here.

"Here on out will get more risky with success and failure teetering on a thinly strung balance. I say we break into her house and try to recover some equipment, legal seals, and any thing they can use to make a forgery. When forgers try to make a false document, they often get a real one and extract certain pieces from it, like signatures, icons, and whatever else. It is likely that she'll have some other royal guard official documents that had already their assets extracted. If we get those and bring them to the Sheriff with our case against Lickity Split, then the Sheriff will be able to do her job... hopefully in my way."

Even though Critical was working for law enforcement, he still didn't like to see ponies get locked up. Deep down he hoped that all Lickity Split will get is a slap on the hoof. Then again there is also the chance she might do this again. In the end, he wondered if he will choose his gut instincts or his logic.

Alrighty, goodnight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7sNSriHVxo

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523898

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523915

>>41523818
>>41523898
I'm really busy tonight so I will make a post tomorrow. Sorry!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523916

>>41523915
That's fine, I'm just gonna chill out tonight then. Also have a nice Solar Eclipse day.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523943

File: 1503346206573.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523818

Probably a good idea to wait till she calms down a bit more.

>She exits the hotel walking alongside Crit. Side glancing him with a raised eyebrow. She holds this as he proposes the idea.


Break in huh? Sounds exciting! No actual breakin anythin this time though alright? If we wanna be inconspicuous, we can't have anymore broken windows. Lucky you, i worked as a locksmith once, so i like to think i'm pretty dang good at lockpicking.

>She taps on her beanie.


Never leave home without my kit. Just in case.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523963

>>41523943
"Good you got your set with you, I lost mine a while back when I was traveling. Anyways once we get in we need to just take with us just one seal, we can't take all of the evidence. Once done we just take it over to the sheriff, present it to her, and then she goes to the judge with an Anonymous Tip and gets her search warrant. If that is done, any evidence the sheriff can find will be lawful evidence that can be used in court, if this is taken to court. After all that, it will be checkmate." Assuming Equestrian Law is like American Law

The two gets on up to Lickity Split's house as per Shining know how of the local area. Critical examines the area, looking for a good entry point as well as making sure that nopony was around to see them. As he does the, he makes small talk with Shining as to not look suspicious in case they were being watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_vfm_seEs

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523972

File: 1503362108328.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523963

>Fortunately for them there are not many ponies out and about in this part of town at the moment. Most of them preoccupied going about their business on Mane Street. With only one tall and slim colt sitting on his front porch reading a book. He glances up at the two curiously, recognizing Shinning Sea, but not saying anything.


So... do you have any siblings? I've got one that lives north east of here that enjoys reading.

>She says as she inconspicuously points in the general direction of the observer with her head. She then whispers.


That's Page Turner, he's a scardy cat. Probably won't say anything, but if he thinks I'm gonna cause a ruckus he usually runs and hides in his house.

>Lickity Splits home is a fairly simple two story cottage. Windows showing into the kitchen and front room.


Wasn't expecting you to be on at this time of day. Sorry for the slow response. Never got the ping.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523973

File: 1503362705492.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41523972
That's okay but I may need to pick up- my bro at work soon so there may be a sudden absence on my part. Don't worry though I'll be right back.

"I've got the two way back home, off from Baltimare."

He doesn't look at Page Turner, trying not to catch anymore attention to them.

Should I take care of him? Nothing dangerous, just try to send him off to go do something but if you don't think he'll be trouble then we'll just go as planned. Right now I think what we should do is try to enter into the front room and look for a staircase into a bedroom or office. Perhaps that's where we can find something."

"So your sibling enjoys reading? Is their profession in the literary business?"
This post was edited by its author on .

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523976

File: 1503364468944.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523973

Oh yeah, they're, uh, l-librarians.

Might be a good idea to try and scare him off. Never seen him report any shenanigans I've gotten myself into, but he might report you since you're new in town.

I love Baltimare. Nice and cold. The hayfries out there are to die for.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523977

File: 1503364787106.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41523976
"Ha ha, you should know how many times my mother would take us to the Hayburger. Anyways I'm outta here."

He gives her a fake wave and slowly walks up to Page Turner in a casual function.

"Hey there mate, could you perhaps do me a quick favor?" He pulls out a slip of paper and scrawls something down on it, folds is, and hands it to Page Turner. "I need to you give this to Amber Nectar real quick. It's a note about my bar tab there and I rather not do it in person if you know what I mean. I also gotta meet up with an old friend in town and I'm running a bit late."

Alright time for me to go right now. Will be back later tonight.
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523985

Page Turner!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523990

File: 1503371173526.png (420.03 KB, 3800x5137, Page Turner.png)

>>41523977

>Shinning returns the fake wave and while Crit talks with Page Turner, she quickly turns around and gets to work picking the lock. Page Turners focus locks on Crit as he approaches. His suspicious stare turning into one of anxiety at actually having to interact with another pony.


A f-favor?

>He sets his book down as he takes the note. Looking between the note and Crit, not even reading it.


Uh, s-sure. I guess i can do that. I, uh, n-need to go to Town Hall anyways.

>He sets his book down and gives an awkward smile before casually strolling off.


>>41523985
Just got back myself too. Stuff hits me at the most unexpected times sometimes.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41523996

File: 1503371797199.png (61.46 KB, 460x562, whatimworkingonnow.png)

>>41523990
Before he can leave, Critical puts his hoof around Page Turner's in a friendly fashion, "Hey... a quick lesson from me to you is to not worry so much. Just try to be calm when interacting with other and not think about what you say too much" And with a pat on the back, he sends him off to the Saloon. Just so you know, the note only says Sorry.

He then heads on back to Shining Sea after giving Page Turner some sage advice. He then looks over her shoulder and tries to see her lock-picking technique.

"I took care of our fly on the wall, you almost got that lock open?"

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524009

File: 1503374820231.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41523996

>Shinning Sea continues to fiddle with her lockpick


Almost got it... Ahah!

*Click*

Got it.

>She returns her kit to it's hiding place and pushes open the door for Crit to enter. The inside is dark, all the lights being off while Lickity Split is out of her home. From what they can see the place is minimally decorated. A single couch, a single side table, a single flower in a vase, a coffee table with some scattered papers on it. It lacks a feeling of a real home and feels more like a model home for displaying what the rest of the neighborhood would generally look like to prospective buyers. There is a set of stairs leading up and a doorway leading to a kitchen in the back. Shinning Sea takes her first steps inside.


I'll check down here to see if i can find anything. You try and check upstairs.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524010

File: 1503375113508.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41524009
"Right, lock the door behind you. I don't want there to be any evidence of a forced entry and remember, no theft. Also just in case somepony comes to enter this home then forget trying to alert or get me, just get the hell out as best you can and make a run for it."

He wasn't sure how clear he would have to be with her. Crit knew Shining got into trouble but he wasn't entirely sure what kind of trouble, still better safe than sorry.

He then heads upstairs, slowly creeping up the steps as he makes his way. Once he nears the top, he pokes his head up so that most of his body could not be seen. That way he can look around the upstairs hallway without that much risk of being caught.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524011

File: 1503375484726.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524010

>Shinning Sea waves him off and she closes the front door.


Don't worry about it, this ain't my first rodeo.

>When Crit reaches the top of the stairs he would see an open door at the end of the hall leading to a bed room, a door in the middle for the bathroom, and a door at the other end of the hall for an office.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524013

File: 1503375997082.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, Critical the Waster.png)

>>41524011
While he was incredibly tempted to explore another pony's room, he had to resist and make his way to her office. As he did this, he thought about his times in other towns where he went through phase of going into pony's rooms and snoop around for stuff. It was addicting to see the secret lives of others but he had to eventually give it up for his own safety.

But isn't that what you are doing right now?, he thought. Crit stops midway and realizes that what he was doing was feeding that phase.

Anywho, he ignores this fact and heads on to the office door. Slightly opens it and peers into the room to see if anypony was inside.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524015

>>41524013

>Crit would find the room dark and empty. There are several scattered unopened envelopes, letters, and papers on the desk. Along with a half empty cup of water. Or half full. There is also a small wall safe, but it is at this time locked.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524018

File: 1503376700543.png (471.07 KB, 3507x2550, Critpipbucksketch.png)

>>41524015
Seeing the wall safe and it being locked, he slightly cursed at himself. Dammit Critical, why did you have to go lose all you gear way back? ... It wasn't my fault, it was just a bad judgement at the time. Eugh, I should have known that thing would give way when I saw it. He then looks at the safe, curious if he could just mess with the pins himself with his magic. Critical did at one point study how locks were made, knowing that there would be a number of spring pins inside a chamber that would hold the tumblers in place. If he could get a feel for it, he could get the pins moved in the right position to move the tumbler.

You'd risk trying to skew the lock and break it? Let's just see if the key is anywhere near, if not then just go get Shining Sea., he then looks around the room to see if a key to the safe could be found.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524034

>>41524018

>As he searches the desk he finds more opened mail and letters from various ponies in the town. As he searches through, shoving papers to the side, he would find a small locked box. The lock on this was much simpler compared to the safe and from the weight and sound when moved, contained more than just papers inside. A tumbling of wood and metal.


Gonna have to call it a night here. College classes start tomorrow bright and early. Sorry for the sporadic posting. Today has been, weird.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524040

File: 1503380019464.png (1016 B, 80x80, Crit Token.png)

>>41524034
"Fuck, he looks at the small lock box and wondered what was inside. Perhaps something he could use to get the wall safe open but then again who would lock up a key inside a box that needed a key to open said box? Not wanting to pull Shining from her work, he decides to test out his lockpicking magic theory on the box to see if that would work.

To be honest he has never done this before so he was going to do this extremely careful and try to listen to the mechanisms inside by putting his ear as close as he could.

Hm, I need to sign up for college soon. I wanna to work in the computer science field. Maybe do programming or just do graphic design. Anyways good night.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524177

>>41524040

>As Crit fiddles about with the lock, he would find that it did not take much effort or skill to unlock the box. Upon the mechanism inside clicking open, he would find several stamps inside, two keys, and an unsent letter written by Lickity Split herself.


Back from school for the day

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524194

File: 1503477299467.png (130.36 KB, 427x627, Dom and Luna3.png)

>Finally! When the bear like pony made it to Trader Jacks, the pony would go into stealth mode. Doing his best to survey the area around the store, how busy it was, and who seemed to be an employee. Couldn't just rush in and ask for a job asap. Gotta get a feel for the vibe....

>Even if he wanted to be nonchalant about it his sneakiness. He was still crawling around on all fours trying to stay out of sight from everyone. Staying low, dodging behind cover, diving behind bushes when someone came around. Even getting a newspaper and holding it up to his face to try and be hidden! Doing so while he was making his way to to enter the actual store.

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524199

File: 1503494353969.png (2.24 MB, 5000x5000, Nic Nac (Wickedsilly).png)

>>41524194
>Nic Nac trots nonchalantly past the sneaking bear like pony and right towardsTrader Jacks, a scroll in his mouth.
>He's clearly determined to talk to Trader Jack
>He doesn't notice the bear like pony popping in and out of frame in various spots and positions.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524205

File: 1503519388079.png (520.42 KB, 2357x2880, All my want.png)

>>41524199
>When Dom noticed the pony trot along like nothing, he'd stop his dodging and attempts to be hidden. Well not fully, he was still hidden behind some bushes as he eyed Nic Nac trotting along. It wouldn't belong before the pony hopped out of his cover and rushed along to where Nic Nac was and tapping him on the shoulder

Excuuuuse me. Do you come to this place often sir?

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524206

File: 1503519962935.png (451.27 KB, 794x1124, 1 Happy by anarchypuppet.png)

>>41524205
>Nic Nac turns around, giving a friendly smile through the scroll in his muzzle
Naght at all whudzoever.
In fakd, Iv nevr beem befor.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524214

File: 1503529844516.png (276.64 KB, 900x1243, Plushies!.png)

>>41524206
Oh!

Cool...

...not really. needed to see what kind of stuff went on here. NOt saying that It's not cool or something. just new in town and trying to get a job.

>He'd make a small motion to Trader Jacks. Apperently trying to show that he was going to go and apply there himself. Only to stop to talk to Nic Nac


Sorry bout that, needed to make a store run

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524317

File: 1503631666343.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41524177
Sorry I've been away, been busy with reflooring the room.

Critical pockets the two keys, keeping in mind to return and lock them back up. He then tries to read the letter.

Afterwords he tries both keys on the wallsafe, for the sake of simplicity, we'll call each key Key A and Key B. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVL8xAy8pI

He's also been trying to keep an ear out for any danger. Hopefully Lickity Split holds up to her reputation as being a hardworking pony and will take her time at the Town Hall.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524321

>>41524317

No worries man.

>The letter seems to be from Lickity Split to Page Turner and reads as follows.

>"Thank you Page Turner for your assistence with my research on the Mayors behalf regarding the Royal Guard and their involvement with our fair town. You absolutely proved me wrong with that imitation letter, i will be sure not to underestimate you in the future. I hope you enjoy the history books i provided you. - Lickity Split
P.S. I will return your stamp collection to you as soon as i can."

>Neither key A or B fit the lock on the safe. Upon further inspection of the keys, Crit would find them marked as the key to the Post Office and the key to Town Hall. At this moment, the sound of a plate shattering echoes from downstairs.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524322

File: 1503637222671.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, Critical the Waster.png)

>>41524321
Critical shuffles about at the room, putting the keys back into the box and locking it but he did keep the letter in his saddle bags. To him this would be enough, and he'll just make his alibi to be that this was found in the post office. It was Lickity Split's fault for accidentally sending the wrong letter after all.

Once done he moves down the stairs as quiet and quickly as he could, if a plate was broken then hopefully it was only Shining Sea in this case. Still though, he had to be careful in this regard.

"Shining was that you? I got what we need let's go."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524323

File: 1503637668897.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524322

Mff?

>Shinning Sea pops up from around the corner with a mouth full of dried bananas, with a dustpan and brush in her hooves. She quickly gulps down the mouthful of food and nods.


I'll be just a second

>She speedily rushes back into the kitchen, causes another clatter when dumping the broken plate into the trashcan and rushes back out.


Okay, lets go.
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524325

File: 1503637974418.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41524323
He just shakes his head and smiles at her, it was kind of comical seeing what she had done. Still though they needed to make a move or else be risk to getting caught.

"Here we'll make our way through the back door and move through the alley ways to keep out of sight. The front door should already be locked and everything should still be in place."

Since time was of the essence here, Crit grabbed a hold of Shining's hoof and lead her down to the back of the house to find the back door. Hopefully Crossroads kept fire safety in their minds when designing the houses here and included such an escape in case of emergencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eZI7SI5HE&t=638s

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524327

File: 1503639053834.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524325

>Sure enough, out through the kitchen was a backdoor that lead to the alley out back. They successfully exit the house and Shinning makes sure the lock the door on their way out. Once they are far enough away, Shinning asks.


So what did you find? Hoofprints? A copy of the rejection letter? The seal? A written confession? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524328

>>41524327
He pulls out a letter to show her, letting her see what it had to say.

"Looks like we were looking for two authors and not the one. With this both of them are sunk in the legal system but..."

He wanted to think over on what to do here. On one hoof, they could show the sheriff the letter and let both Lickity Split and Page Turner face justice. That way they could never do this again to another person in town.

Then again, they could spare them, let them get away with it and nobody will have to go to jail. Town Hall wouldn't lose about half their staff and be crippled for however long a sentence you get for forgery of legal documents pertaining to the high order of the Royal Guard.

He then stops and thinks about what is best, would even Skip Trace want to go to the Royal Guard? He is a bit apathetic at the notion but that is because he thought that he was rejected. There is also the idea that he may be able to hook up with Busy Bee and live out a more peaceful life out in Crossroads.

"What if... what if we just tell Skip Tracer what we found. We tell him that we have a letter that is about him being rejected by the Royal Guard and this letter would change that. We wouldn't show him the letter but give him the choice of either staying here or going to Canterlot. He wouldn't be able to stay and see those two ponies who forged his letter everyday but if he doesn't find out... I don't know what will happen. This just feels like it's not my decision to make." But if I have to decide then I will.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524331

File: 1503642107107.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524328

>Shinning Sea thinks over the predicament.


Well, guess this kind of comes down to your personal morals. We could just follow through with what the sheriff asked and give her the letter, but Skip would likely find out about it and would have a bad taste in his mouth about the two involved. Which could further splinter this community that is beginning to divide. convince him the rejection letter was fake, but then he might never end up with Bee. Keep it s secret but then he might never live out his dream.

>She rubs the side of her head.


I tell ya, this is a hard one for sure. If it were up to me, I'd say we should talk it out with the sheriff. Under he tough exterior she's a real softy sometimes. This situations personal though so i don't really know how she'd react.

Almost like this is anything but "simple"

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524335

File: 1503642671671.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41524331
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIDqt2aUek
Not related but a good song

"Yeah... well I'll take your advice here since you know the mayor more than I do."

Critical always had pegged law enforcement to follow their protocol and ethics to the T but there is the fact that the Sheriff has put up with Shining Sea for the longest time without kicking her out of town, which reminded Crit to go easy on the crime stuff since she probably has enough to deal with right now.

"You know the more I think about it, the more I believe that the sheriff will know what is best for Skip. I still don't like the idea of us deciding for him but maybe we can get in Skip's opinion in this matter."

They head on off to go to the sheriff's place, Crit was wondering how he would feel if he was in Skip's place and was faced with such knowledge. To make a decision without any knowledge, to choose between love and a career. It was unsettling at best though for now he had to focus on the task up ahead.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524337

File: 1503644056347.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41524335

I like it. that's going right into my music playlist for sure.

>Shinning Sea nods


Alrighty. Then to the sheriff we go then.

>She stops and holds up a hoof to stop Crit as well.


No wait, if anythin, sheriff is likely to still be by Town Hall takin care a your mess. Skip's probably the one at the station since she took over the broken window thing. He'll have nothin to do. Here, i know a short cut.

>Shinning Sea leads him through a series of alleyways that exit to right by Town Hall. Sure enough, the sheriff is just wrapping up things by the broken window. The glass all cleaned up and the window temporarily covered up. She looks up at the two as they approach.


...you had better have something for me.

>Her voice is stern and annoyed. Likely from having to deal with the "break in" at Town Hall.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524338

File: 1503644437696.png (61.46 KB, 460x562, whatimworkingonnow.png)

>>41524337
Even though he was troubled with what to do, he still put on a sarcastic smile on his face, "C'mon sheriff, with that cold attitude you'll make me think that I'm back up into the frozen north again."

With a deep breath, he takes out the letter and made sure it was folded over so that the sheriff could not immediately read it. Then Critical explained how reading that letter may prevent Skip from finding love and let the forger get away, on the other hand if it is read then the perpetrator could be arrested without fault and Skip will likely go to the Royal Guard, leaving behind Busy Bee.

"So there, I can read that and not care enough to be concerned what the forger did but you might. If you read it then I suspect that there will be no going back for you." It was a grim notion but true nonetheless

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524341

File: 1503645391699.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41524338

>The sheriff listens carefully to Crits explanation. She stares off to the side and ponders on what to do. After a minute or so, she speaks up.


It is my duty to collect evidence and bring the perpetrators to court that they might receive a more full sentence properly. Unfortunately, even without showing me the names, knowing that there is hard evidence regarding this issue, i cannot ignore it.

>She holds out her hoof.


I'm going to have to ask you to hand over the letter Crit.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524343

File: 1503645840627.png (234.74 KB, 877x638, Crit lost it.png)

>>41524341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jHXu86O01w

Critical didn't like this, probably should have went to Skips first but then again he would be lying if he said he didn't expect the sheriff to play that card.

"You're not gonna hold off by any chance at least? I mean some things are little more important here after all, I mean this is Skips we're talking about."

He reluctantly gives her the letter, "Just think about this for the moment. Perhaps we give Skip the option to find out the truth. If he wants it then fine, he can take it and become a Royal Guard. If he doesn't then he can make a shot at life here and I promise we can still get back at the forger, it'll just have to be under the table and everything."

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524344

File: 1503646859200.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41524343

I know whats at stake here, but i have a duty to fulfill. This letter will finally expose the lie that was fed to him and he can live out his dream. You were not there all these years. Every week he would talk about how excited he was to qualify someday.

>She raises a hoof and rubs her foreheads.


He also talked a lot about finding somepony special too...

>She places her hoof back on the ground and looks back up to Crit and Shinning Sea.


Alright listen up. I can't do anything under the table, but the general rule for this province of Equestria has always been that if the offending party makes amends with the victims before law enforcement arrives, then the punishment is nothing more than a slap on the hoof and a small fine. At least for crimes of this degree. Setting aside the impersonation of the royal guard and tampering with the mail.

>She holds up the letter.


Either i tell him, or they tell him, but i cannot in right mind keep this information from him.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524345

File: 1503647467305.gif (157.15 KB, 1920x1080, Laser-Shot.gif)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyosPwwTl7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QUijD6PzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c

>>41524344
He nodded at her, knowing that she was willing to meet him halfway was a lot more than what he was expecting.

"Thanks sheriff, I'll see what I can do from here. Hopefully nobody will get burned at the day."

He steps off to the side to consolidate with Shining Sea.

"So this is it then, we gotta make both Page Turner and Lickity Split pay amends to Skip Tracer which I imagine is much easier said than done. Page Turner doesn't look like much of a fight so I don't think that he'll be too much trouble but Lickity Split is quite the unknown entity to me right now. Still though I think if we use the Sheriff's knowledge, Page Turner's consent, and Skip Tracer as leverage then Lickity Split will fall in line as such. Now since we already informed the sheriff then all we gotta do is talk to Page Turner and Skip Tracer and then we should be golden."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524346

File: 1503648996050.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524345

>The sheriff wanders off towards the saloon, mumbling to herself about needing a drink. Shinning Sea nods in approval.


Can't say i know all that much about Lickity Split myself other than she's always workin. Oh! But i know somepony who does know her really well. The Mayor! If workin through Page Turner and Skip isn't enough to get her to fess up, then maybe the Mayor will have somethin for us to make a breakthrough.

Got caught up listening to the music you linked. :P
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524347

File: 1503649356462.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41524346
Tis alright, I'll find more.

"Right, let's go ahead and see if we can't go find Page Turner first."

They head on off to go find Page Turner, while doing so Crit thought about what kind of pony Page Turner was. Quiet and timid, having no place in doing crime like this. He was afraid that if Page Turner didn't get the message that he needed to back off on this sort of thing, then he'll end up 6 feet under. Getting a slap on the hoof would probably won't do much but still let's see how this goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOUGnVVEDAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4

Page Turner!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524348

File: 1503649729023.png (420.03 KB, 3800x5137, Page Turner.png)

>>41524347

>After a quick search, they find Page Turner walking along the road back to the residential part of the town. Likely returning after having delivered Crits message. Took him long enough, wonder why he's only returning home now. At the moment, he doesn't notice the two. Shinning Sea waits to follow Crits lead.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524349

File: 1503650239744.png (492.23 KB, 1920x1080, potrait.png)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSGnGL8JU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktdQiODWt84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mUfOs-CTCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3oOQ8XnQWU

Critical walks in a fast pace to catch up with Page Turner and once he does he puts his hoof over his shoulder in a way to keep him from running.

"Hey mate, I need to talk with you for a second. You see I got word from a bird on the wind that you may or may not have done something that would have prevented a law enforcer in town to going into the Royal Guard."

He stops Page Turner before he could say anything, then Crit pulls out his short sword and holds it so that they can see their reflection on the blade.

"Now I know that life in a town can be comfortable but by all means when you've traveled around like I have you learn right quick to take no guff from anypony. Hell if you aren't careful now and the right person finds out, things can get quite messy right quick but I like you Page Turner so here's how we're gonna play this. You are gonna help me get Lickity Split and yourself to settle this matter with Skip Tracer or else I'm gonna personally drag you to the police station by you hind legs, letting your face get real intimate with the dirt path."

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524350

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsRrswyAEs0

>>41524348
Hmm, my thing didn't reply properly.

Page Turner!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524351

File: 1503650860665.png (420.03 KB, 3800x5137, Page Turner.png)

>>41524349
>>41524350

>Shinning Sea is almost speachless at how Crit decided to approach the situation. Page Turner on the other hoof, is petrified. He looks between the blade and Crit, with a look of fear and insult.


W-what?! I-i would n-never d-do a thing like that! I am a law abiding citizen and have never done an illegal thing in my life.

>He leans back away from the blade.


P-please don't hurt me stranger. I swear i d-don't know what you're talking about.

>Shinning Sea takes this opportunity to ensure that nopony was watching.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524352

File: 1503651274180.png (278.67 KB, 960x540, Crit HiDef.png)

>>41524351
"No... I'm not gonna hurt you," He drops the sword, letting it sit upright in the ground, "I wouldn't sleep well at night if I ever harmed somepony like you but hear me well now. We already know that Lickity Split hired you to make a false document for her that would make it look like that Skip Tracer was denied membership to the Royal Guard, even the sheriff knows it and she is more than eager to put you behind bars till you become an age to where you are described to be ancient. To avert that ending, you need to cut the bullshit with me and help me out with Lickity Split after you explain yourself to Skip. If you don't right now then I'm taking you in because fuck you both."

It seemed that Crit's sword bluff didn't work but this ultimatum was sure fire now and Critical was not afraid to use force if he wasn't going to cooperate.

Page Turner!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524353

File: 1503651814660.png (420.03 KB, 3800x5137, Page Turner.png)

>>41524352

>Page Turner gulps heavily.


Look, i-i would never do something like-

>He pauses halfway through his sentence. Coming to a realization.


W-wait a minute stranger. I made a duplicate letter for her, b-but i didn't have it addressed to anypony. It was just supposed to be a sample for what i can accomplish. J-just trying to show off how well i understand our h-history is all. I didn't even know the Deputy applied for the Royal Guard yet, much less he was denied.

>He holds up a hoof as though her were giving a vow.


I-i will b-be more than willing to tell the Deputy about my part in all th-this. The last thing i want is to develop a b-bad reputation with the local law enforcement of all p-ponies.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524354

File: 1503652110953.png (1016 B, 80x80, Crit Token.png)

>>41524353
"Right... either you take me for a fool and expect me to believe your poor excuse for making the duplicate or you are so Celestia-damned stupid that you went ahead and knowingly broke the law to show your dick off to impress some mare. Either way you cut it, I see you as a complete idiot but since you're now coming along with me, we won't have any further trouble."

He picks up his short sword and sheathes it back and motions for Shining Sea to head on out with them. Critical guides Page Turner to the police station where Skip Tracer will most likely be at.

Page Turner!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524355

>>41524354

B-but, i-i, uhm... O-okay.

>Shinning Sea quickly follows along. They arrive at the station to find Skip alone and, as per the usual, reading a book. Upon entering the station he looks up from his book, very confused at the sight.


Uh. What's going on here?

This will be my last post for tonight. G'Night!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524356

File: 1503652971540.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, Critical the Waster.png)

>>41524355
He looks down at Skips, "Boy do I got something for you, my only regret though is that this guy ain't wearing a bowtie on top of his head."

He then moves Page Turner up to Skip's desk, "Go on then you little bastard. You go on and tell em what you did and tell him how sorry you are and you'll never even dream of doing it again."

Okadoke, I'll see you some other time.
This post was edited by its author on .

!Beemo/ZZYYCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524357

File: 1503676205274.png (123.25 KB, 680x840, nic nac happy and waving by ri…)

>>41524214
Oh! Mee doo! Thorda. Im headdim ober do zee aboud workim wiff Drader Jack.

I gahd thiz sthing, zee?
>He points to the scroll in his mouth
Anb th mayr thaid do meed up wif Drader Jack.

Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524399

File: 1503703467254.png (144.68 KB, 1024x1052, Jessie, I'm disapointed.png)

>>41524357
....I have no idea about half of what you said.

>Dom coughed and stood up straight, straightening his imaginary tie around his neck.


Well! I did understand that you were looking for a job! Same to me. Was gonna try this place first then the grape farm. ...

...

What's the scroll for agian?

<"Please don't let it be a job application...or worse! A resume!"

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524409

Page Turner!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524410

File: 1503723997657.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41524356
>>41524409

>Skip looks on, quite confused at exactly what was going on. He would be a little more on edge if he did not already know Page Turner to be timid and harmless. Page Turner clears his throat.


I-it has been brought to my attention that i have committed a crime and would like to make amends.

>He takes on a breath.


I created a forged copy of an official Royal Guard letter as part of an experiment to see if i was capable of doing such in order to help in creating copies for museums and private collectors. As it turns out, i had provided a copy of one such letter, a rejection from entering the Royal Guard, to one Lickity Split. Who, from what I've gathered, used said letter to cause you to believe you had been rejected from the Royal Guard.

>He apologetically bows his head to Skip.


I am sorry for what was done. Had i actually taken a moment to think through what might happen, I never would have participated in deceiving you. Please accept my most sincerest apologies.

>Skips eyebrows furrow as he listens to the nervous colt speak. His eyes widening as he confesses and asks for forgiveness.


I... i don't know what to say. I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen. I guess it would only be right that i forgive you, so, i forgive you. You've got a really thick skull to get yourself wrapped up in this kind of thing. Don't go trying to show off anymore got it? Unless it's to a museum or another official source.

>He shoos Page Turner unceromoniously out the door and closes it behind him. All the while Page Turner keeps repeating


Thank you! Thank you! I will think more in the future!

>He quickly turns to Crit and Shinning.


Sheriff put you up to this didn't she?
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524412

>>41524410
Critical sits down in front of Skip's desk where the witnesses usually go, "Maybe she and if so it is only because she cares about your future and well being and that is what Shining and I are here for right now."

He leans forwards, letting his hooves hold up his head above the desk.

"Now that we discovered you had actually been accepted, the question is now do you want to go. One one side you can live out your dreams as an elite officer in the Royal Guard, on the other you can stay here and settle down... perhaps get together with Busy Bee. You two do like each other but if you move up to Canterlot then you two won't be able to be romantically involved."

He leans back, trying to think of a solution but hasn't quite formed his entire opinion yet.

"For now though we can try to get a hold of Lickity Split. She's still out there and needs to atone for what she had done or else the Sheriff will do that for her. I was hoping that giving you this information then you would be a little more willing to believe the sheriffs notions on the forgery and help us out."

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524413

File: 1503725039736.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41524412

This is... a lot to take in right now.

>He slumps back into his seat at the desk, placing a hoof on his head. Shinning Sea meanwhile wanders back over to her cell and reaches her hoof under the bed, searching for something.


I was just getting to the point where i was just gonna accept that i didn't get in, and now... Oh boy.

>He slowly turns his head to look to Crit.


Things have just gotten a little more complicated.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524416

File: 1503725504088.png (72.06 KB, 1080x785, Critical Hit Redone.png)

>>41524413
Critical can see what Shining Sea is doing but says nothing about it. Probably some sort of cheap party fix she smuggled into jail to pass the time.

"For now though lets at least focus on Lickity Split and what to do with her. You can't get caught up on any dark or sad thoughts nor can you be stuck on any sort of self doubt. Just push those sort of things to the back of your mind and face the present for what it is."

He then looks at Skip's quizzically, wondering why Lickity Split would do this to him. He knew that Skips may have turned her down but was that enough to make her do such a thing.

"So lets try to sort out some things first

1: Do you have any idea why Lickity Split would forge a fake document to make you stay in town?

2: What do you want to do with her, confront her about this or let the sheriff handle this.

In my opinion we should go ahead and confront her about this so the both of you can at least have some closure after all. This is a small town and the last thing you want is to cause a schism between yourself and another pony."

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524418

File: 1503726205804.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41524416

Right, right.

>He shakes his head to clear his thoughts.


Now that i know who was in on this, i can try and piece everything together.

>He stands up from his seat and begins to pace next to his desk.


I guess first thing to focus on is what the results would have been. First, i would have ended up staying here in Crossroads instead of moving to Canterlot. Second, my confidence in myself would have been lessened which in turn made me worse at my job putting more of a load on the sheriff. Third, had you not been asked by the sheriff to look into this, nobody would have known that i applied to the Royal Guard other than the sheriff... maybe Amber.

>He pauses and taps his chin.


I think i know how this all came about, but the motivation is the hard part. There are still too many unknown to deduce a why, until i confront her.

>Shinning Sea pops up from under the cell bed with a small box.


AHA!

>The noise startles Skip as he looks over to see Shinning opening up the small box and putting something inside. Ignoring the oddity of the situation, he returns his attention to his task at hand.


Lickity is a nice mare. I'd hate for the sheriff to get to her first.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524421

File: 1503727086710.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41524418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyN6aslxHzQ
Something completely unrelated.

"Indeed, heh you don't hear that word too much, we should probably get a move on before it gets any later than it already is..." He wonders where he'll bunk up tonight, perhaps the Sheriff will get the saloon to give him a room or at least let him bunk down in one of the cells... just as a visit.

He then looks over at Shining who has been quite out of there, oblivious to their mission but in a nice comic relief way, "What do you have over there Shining? Some sort of treasure you got there, you know you gotta share that with your team mate right?" He was being sarcastic to joke around.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524422

File: 1503727507084.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41524421

What? Oh, no this isn't any kind of real treasure. It's more like a souvenir chest. Always keep somethin from every adventure i go on. Just somethin to help me remember them all in case i loose my memory again.

>Skip motions for Crit to follow.


Here, you come with me. I think i know exactly where we can find Lickity at this time of day.

>He points at Shinning.


Watch the place while I'm out alright. And don't eat the Sheriffs oats again.

>Shinning salutes lazily and waves to Crit.


Let me know how it turns out!

>Skip opens the door and leads the way.


Before we confront Lickity Split, I'm gonna need you to fill me in on how exactly you found out about all this. I'm really curious.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524423

File: 1503727982648.png (197.15 KB, 1920x1080, Explainen.png)

>>41524422
He says his goodbye to Shining Sea and heads on out with Skip Tracer, a little disappointed that Shining will not be with them but he suspects that she won't be going too far. Critical then takes a moment to think of an answer to give to Skips, best to fake it so it doesn't net him or Shining any trouble.

"It was a... massive stroke of luck. We stopped on by at the Town Hall to talk with the Sheriff and Shining got me into the Mail Room to see what all had happened in there. While inside I took the liberty, and Shining's keys, to open and search all of the suspects mail boxes. It seemed that she was going to mail a thank you letter to Page Turner but this letter is now with the Sheriff."

A good enough alibi with real world evidence to make it seem like the truth no less. Hopefully Skips will buy it, regardless Critical attempts to change the subject.

"You know I don't think you told me how exactly your social interactions with Lickity Split went. Did you guys date or something for a time?"

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524425

File: 1503729211636.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41524423

The Mail Room huh?

>Skip seems to stare into the abyss as the gears in his detective mind begin to turn, trying to put pieces together. Fortunately, the change of subject breaks his train of thought as he is reminded of the task at hand.


Nah.

>He shakes his head.


We're more acquaintances than anything. I only know here because of Bee and working with her to help calm down disputes at Town Hall. Other than that we didn't really talk much. Least, no more than i talk with anybody else in town. Which is probably more than it would have been in a city. Nice enough. Cares for Bee more than anypony else. Probably even more than her parents. The two of them are like sisters.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524426

>>41524425
"Well that's strange because when I talked to Busy Bee, she said that you wouldn't be interest in her and that you would be leaving for the Royal Guard. Bee even said that she didn't know that you were rejected..."

Some things just didn't add but Crit expected to have all these loose ends tied up and ready to be concluded. Following Skip's direction, he looks around to hopefully find Lickity Split or at least the place she hangs out at.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524427

File: 1503730617643.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41524426

Wait what? Who would even put that kind of an idea in her head?

>Just as he said that, the two would spy a unicorn enter into the hotel. Skip points her out.


There she is! She's heading into the hotel. Probably to talk with Bee. Come on. Lets hurry and catch her before she gets stuck talking with Bee. I'd hate to have to confront Lickity in front of her.

>He quickly rushes to the hotel and busts through the front doors. The old pony at that was at the desk earlier is now gone. Not even Busy Bee cleaning in the lobby. Lickity had one hoof on the stairs when Skip and Crit enter in. She turns her head to look at them.


What timing. I really needed to talk to you Skip.

>She pauses and looks to Crit.


Who are you?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524429

File: 1503730994617.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41524427
He smiles, getting ready for a bullshit answer... with a little truth, "I am much like the number zero. I am currently nothing, oblivion, but I represent the possibility for something to emerge from the number zero. I am the magic of the unexpected, the power of probability, and the master of random repeating numbers."

...

"Oh wait you wanted my name, well that would be Critical Hit, you can call me Crit for short. I hail from a local town from Baltimare and I am also a traveling mage."

He gives her a shallow polite nod even though he knows that the shit is about to hit the fan.

"Anyways what do you need to talk about to Skip?"

Lickity Split!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524430

File: 1503731812008.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41524429

>The two both stare at Crit as he gives his self promoting answer. Answering in unison at the pause.


What?
What?

>Lickity shakes her head .


Right, yes, Skip. Old Blue caught me just a little bit ago. He told me that Bee has been locked up in her room for awhile now and won't come out. She's really upset about something and i don't know if she will even talk to me. I was going to head over to the station to get you after i tried talking to her, but since you're here right now, could you go up and talk to her?

What? Do you know what's going on? No, of course you don't, you just said you didn't. But why do you want me to talk to her, i thought you were like a sister to Bee?

Yeah, but she is always willing to listen to you. You'll have a better chance of getting her to open the door if she knows it's you.

>Skip nods. Completely distracted from the task at hoof, he rushes up the stairs, not even acknowledging Crit. Lickity watches as he ascends and speaks to Crit.


Why did the two of you bust in here like you did anyways?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524431

File: 1503732202348.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41524430
"Well..." He tries to think up something, "Just running some business here on the sheriff's behalf is all. I'm running along with since I have some law experience in the saddle bags and she figured that I could help out with the missing cider shipments."

He didn't want to make the big reveal quite yet, not when Busy Bee was so upset. To be honest Critical was a bit baffled as to why she was all locked up in her room. He didn't like to think what he said earlier would cause her to behave like this, I mean it wasn't much what he said compared to what others have said to her.

Finally the trio moves up to Busy Bee's room, a bit weird that she lives here in the hotel she works in but at the same time it also makes sense.

Lickity Split!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524432

File: 1503733129778.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41524431

>When the three arrive at Busy Bee's they would be able to hear the sound of a vacuum through the door. From the sound of it, he was on a cleaning spree. Skip walks up and knocks on the door.


Who is it?! No, wait, doesn't matter. I'm busy. Don't bother me!

It's me Bee. It's Skip Tracer

>No answer.


She probably can't hear me through the noise she's making.

>He knocks on the door again.


UGH!

>The vacuuming stops and the door is cracked open and Bee peers out at the three. Her gaze first lays upon Crit and Lickity and quickly turns into a glare.


What do you two want. No, you know what, i don't want to talk to either of you.

Wait, Bee.

>She was about to shut the door until she hears Skips voice.


S-skip?

Can i come in to talk?

Y-yeah okay.

>She glares at the other two.


Only you though.

>She opens the door just enough to let Skip in and quickly shuts it behind him. From the brief view of her room it would seem she was in the middle or reorganizing and cleaning her room. The slam of the door in Lickity's face causes her to flinch.


I wonder why she's upset at me this time.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524433

File: 1503733405435.png (249.63 KB, 2221x2381, Criticalneutral.png)

>>41524432
"I dunno, is there a reason that she may be upset with you?" He looks over at her, expecting an answer but then returns his gaze back at the door.

"I wonder if our-colt can make smooth things out here, if not then... well then what else matters anymore?"

He wasn't sure on how to approach, not knowing who she is except for what she had done.

"How about you and me talk and why Skips and I are actually here for. We know that you forged a fake denial letter to Skips from the Royal Guard, with the help of Page Turner after all."

Lickity Split!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524434

File: 1503734002137.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41524433

>She stares blankly at Crit for a moment before throwing her hooves up in the air.


Finally! I can't believe it took him three months to figure it all out. I was expecting him to figure it all out a long time ago, but i guess now is as good of a time as any.

>She looks to the door.


Still got the same result.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524436

File: 1503734337947.png (101.83 KB, 400x400, Crit Seathing.png)

>>41524434
"Wait... wait you planned all of this? Why in all of the Equestria would you go to all of these lengths to get these two to fuck?"

To Crit's understanding so far, it looked to be that Lickity Split had purposefully falsify the denial letter to get Busy Bee and Skips to become romantically involved.

Lickity Split!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524438

File: 1503735600346.png (353.82 KB, 2399x3000, Lickity Split.png)

>>41524436

>Lickity blushes and holds up a hoof to his face.


Language! Geez, are all out of towners this foul mothed?

>She places her hoof back on the ground.


Yes, i planned all of this. Or, at least the end result. I had Page Turner help me make a forged rejection letter and made sure it was delivered to him. I was expecting that he would smell foul play with the letter since he is an absolute shoo-in for the Royal Guard.

>She lets out a sharp sigh.


I had a friend in Canterlot that would send him on a mystery hunt around town that would get him to be around Bee more and actually talk to her more. But i guess none of that is going to happen now since apparently you got involved and changed everything up. At least he's with Bee now. Not how it was planned to end up, but this works too.

>She looks to Crit with a slight glimmer in her eyes.


Do you know how he figured it out? I really want to know.

Heading to bed. And thanks for the sweet music too btw. I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to music sometimes. Goodnight.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524439

File: 1503736275644.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41524438
"You know there are much simpler and easier ways to get a stallion's attention after all. Anyways the way he found out was because of me and Shining Sea poking and prodding around town like a couple of blind cows in a porcelain shop."

He rubs his eyes, fatigued with the mental and physical anguish to all he had so far endured for this one job.

"Okay... okay. Just try to make things right with Skip Tracer and let the Sheriff know what all had happened or else she'll come down on you with the hammer of the law... if she isn't in on this too. As for me I'm gonna go see the sheriff now and see if I can't get a reward for all of this trouble. Hmm... gonna get Shining Sea to the saloon and get piss drunk, least I can do after dragging her around with me."

Good night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LXTui5vl6Y

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524526

>>41524439
I'm here now, ready to get under way once more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlCd8i7_20

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524532

File: 1503815075653.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41524439

>She tilts her head as she watches him leave. Observing that he was not in the best condition, even without knowing everything he had gone through.


Sorry if you went through a lot of trouble for all this. I'll talk to the Sheriff after this. Oh! As thanks for helping Skip finally get to this point, tell Amber i sent you and she'll give you drinks on the house. She owes me a favor.

>She waves goodbye to Crit as he exits. Once he opens the doors however, he is greeted by none other than the Mayor himself, standing in his way.


Oh! Greetings Crik! I'd love to stay and chat, but i have things to do. Have a good day! And perhaps you should get a more fashionable cloak.

>He steps to the side and enters the hotel and up the stairs.


Whew, today was busy. Peaceful village music really helps to relax.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524533

File: 1503815613220.png (168.43 KB, 800x1000, Staring Up.png)

>>41524532
Critical gives a nod to the mayor but doesn't say anything due to the fact the mayor called him Crik and insulted the cloak he was wearing... which he was starting to get attached to. All that aside though, his paranoia kicks in and makes him curious as to why the mayor was there. So he waited for the mayor to pass by a corner in the corridor and then Crit would press his body against the wall and peer out to see what Coolgrass was doing.

At you usual antics again? Yes but I need to see what he is doing here. Why do you need to find out the reason Coolgrass is here? I dunno, he seems to be off to me.

He clears his head and tries to listen in on the mayor incase Coolgrass was mumbling to himself as well.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524534

File: 1503818337385.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41524533

>The Mayor rounds the corner and immediately approaches Lickity Split who was still waiting outside Busy Bee's door. Crit, for the meantime, remains unnoticed.


Ah, Miss Split. I've been looking everywhere for you for the past twenty minutes. Have you been here this whole time?

No sir. Only most of it.

Hahaha, right, so anyways, i have need for you to go over the paperwork for Silver Wing and Esis.

That's the Griffin and the really tall Pegasus right?

Correct! I need you to get the papers properly certified and double check to premises to ensure it is in proper condition. Should anything be amiss, have Haywire look into it.

>She nods


Yes sir, i will get right to that... after i take care of something here.

Mmm yes, and, what exactly is going on here outside of Miss Bee's room?

The Deputy and Bee are in there talking.

They're what?

>The Mayor seems baffled at the notion.


I helped set them up to have some alone time to really get to talk to each other. I think they would be amazing together.

But Miss Split I-

I know Mayor, i know what you said, but i had to at least help give them a chance.

>The Mayor sighs and straightens out his shoulders.


Right, well, we'll see how this works out then. Hop to it Miss Split. We still have much to do.

>He turns and heads back towards the stairs to exit the hotel.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524535

File: 1503818820825.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41524534
Critical just shrugs and leaves the hotel before the mayor could see him a second time. With it being dark and he himself tired, he lazily trotted off to the saloon alone. On his way he thought to himself and what he so far had done since he came to Crossroads. Still needed to find a book on golem craft but with him helping out the police with this investigation, he figured that he must be slightly liked by the local populace... even though some of them know about the window incident.

He gets on up to the door of the saloon and pushes it open, making his way to an empty booth and sitting down with a sigh of relief. While waiting for Amber Nectar to notice him, he shifts his cloak to examine his bandages to make sure everything is still okay. If he can get a room he can take them off and see how bad it really is, to that of which he suspected that these cuts were more likely superficial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEu4kAWhQQ

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524592

File: 1503885072313.jpg (242.43 KB, 700x506, fallout_by_hangemhigh13.jpg)

>>41524535
Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep... Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524602

File: 1503946369674.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524535
>>41524592


>The Saloon is quiet. The group of caravaners are gone. All that remains are Amber Nectar herself and one of the formally dressed colts sitting in the back corner, reviewing a briefcase full of papers. Amber stands behind the counter, cleaning mugs and humming a tune to herself. She glances up at Crit as he enters and watches him take a seat. Setting the mug down, she calmly approaches him.


I wouldn't worry about that too much. Redheart is the best we've had in this town in a long time.

>She speaks with a friendly smile and a calm demeanor. Now that the day is winding down, and she is a little more familiar with Crit, she is more relaxed.


almost two days late, but it's finally here!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524616

File: 1503974595476.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41524602
He looks up to her and smiles, at least he wouldn't have to worry about the injury too much but still he was curious as to how it was going. He then noted that he would have to be a lot more careful in the future, him as an individual is extremely vulnerable to serious damage and if he isn't cautious about it then he could be laid up for months on end if not dead.

"Yeah, I think she did a good job and I won't have to worry about anything thankfully. I have to admit though the alcohol was a bit painful to get poured on.."

Then his one track mind took over.

"Speaking of alcohol, Lickity Split said that you'd let me have a drink or two for a favor. Also if you could spare a room for the night then that would be really nice."

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524619

File: 1503975251570.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524616

So that's what she wants to use it on huh? Tell you what, hows about i give you a couple drink son the house for helping get the lost lovebirds together and you put that favor towards having a room for the night. I owe her that much.

>She walks up to the wall of drinks and runs her hoof along the labels.


Care for a local flavor?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524621

File: 1503975523833.png (61.46 KB, 460x562, whatimworkingonnow.png)

>>41524619
He smiles now knowing he's gonna get what he wants, "Scotch will do for me any day though I don't know any of the local brands here being new myself. I do know the brand Barley Rye's scotch."

He sits on up in his booth, getting ready for his drink almost like a child waiting for his mother to give him a cookie from a jar.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524622

File: 1503976347597.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524621

One Barley Rye's Scotch coming up.

>She pours him a mug of his preferred drink.


The only real local brand we have around here is Auntie Grapes. It's kind of like a wine. Comes in all of the usual wine flavors, but their specialty if Frost Wine.

>She walks the drink over tot he tables and sets it down in front of him.


This is the only place in Equestria that has them. Other than a few bottles given out as an award.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524624

File: 1503976839473.png (292.29 KB, 3468x2524, CriticalGambling.png)

>>41524622
"Oh well shoot if you guys have a local special then I'll just take a bottle of the Auntie Grapes then!"

He always did like expanding his variety of drink with local flavors and since these bottles are given out as rewards, it only felt appropriate to have such a drink tonight.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524626

File: 1503977277992.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524624

I'll pour us a few glasses of it then.

>With a flap of her wings, she hovers over to the top shelf and carefully removes a frosty wine bottle. Carefully she floats back to the ground, cradling the bottle like a baby. Despite it looking like the bottle had been sitting on the shelf for quite some time, it was still letting off a cold mist. She pops it open and pours two glasses.


It's got a "unique" kick to it.

>She carefully reseals the bottle and sets it back on the shelf before bringing the glasses to the table. The glasses have already frosted over.


Hope you're not sensitive to cold.

>She says with a smirk.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524627

File: 1503977582347.png (278.67 KB, 960x540, Crit HiDef.png)

>>41524626
He smiles back with a sarcastic look, "With a heart as cold and dead as mine, cold has no meaning anymore."

He laughs as he takes a sip, the cold nearly freezing his tongue. Swallowing he tries not to recoil and show any weakness, to be honest he wasn't ready for that.

"Mm... well that was surely something. The drink tastes like its only for ponies who are depressed or are trying to show off during a dare of some sort."

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524629

File: 1503980671341.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524627

>Amber downs her glass with little issue. Letting out a satisfied ah.


Hehe, i guess it's more of an acquired taste. There's a good reason why this is only sold around here and not anywhere else in equestria.

>She swirls the last of her drink in the glass.


It's better when you add it to other drinks. Mostly the fruity ones.

>She looks up at Crit.


So, how'd your little adventure go?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524630

File: 1503981013492.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41524629
"It was a bit tough and obviously you could see that it could have gone physically better. Still though everything went pretty smooth here and there. Hopefully I can collect some money from the Sheriff and get a new job from here down in the ruins, I made a promise to someone that I would check it out for them and I want to get some side work that can be done at the same time."

He then thinks about Shining Sea and remembers that he should offer her a drink for her work.

"Hey you wouldn't happen to know where I could find Shining Sea at this hour? I gotta let her in on the reward before this bottle empties up." he then chuckles, "Especially how fast you're clearing through your drink."
This post was edited by its author on .

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524637

File: 1503981613954.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524630

>Amber has already finished a second glass. She shivers as it sends a chill down her spine and little bits of frost form on the tips of her mane.


Whew! I never get a chance to drink this stuff without one of the Grapes breathing down my neck.

>She taps her hoof on the table as she thinks.


Usually she's either here at the saloon or locked up for the night. She never did buy or rent a place around here, so she usually sleeps at the station or i let her lay out on a booth here.

>She looks to the door.


Come to think of it, she should have shown up a little before you got here. At least, that's when she normally gets here.

>She shrugs and looks back to Crit.


Best bet would be she's at the police station.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524640

File: 1503982028269.png (85.65 KB, 900x700, Crit's sleeping.png)

>>41524637
Hearing that she should have been here already was a bit concerning but he shrugged off his worry for the probability that she's just hanging out at the police station for tonight.

"Well then I best not keep her waiting there and I'm sure the Sheriff would appreciate the drink too for all the stress this caused on her."

He lifts the bottle up and pours Amber Nectar one last drink before he corks it and puts it into his saddle bags for later. After that he says goodbye to Amber and heads on out to the police station to see if Shining was there or not. Hopefully he could find her before he turns in for the night and all that and just in case he keeps an eye out for her along the way.

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524642

File: 1503982822916.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41524640

See you back here soon!

>Amber waves as he exit and begins working on her next glass. The street is quiet. At this time of night most of the shops have closed down, other than the saloon and hotel. Town Hall continues to be lit up, but it's uncertain if it's lights are always on, or perhaps someone is getting some late night work done. When Crit approaches the station, he would find the sheriff looking over some papers at her desk by the window. She lifts up her head and looks at Crit through the window, her acute hearing picking up on his hoofsteps.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524646

File: 1503983430912.png (197.15 KB, 1920x1080, Explainen.png)

>>41524642
"Hey sheriff..." He sees that Shining is not here or at least in this room. Sitting on down, he looks at the sheriff with a tired and accomplished smile. "You probably already heard that Shining and I went and solved that case you sent me on. Come to find out it was just all an elaborate plot by Lickity Split to get Skip and Bee together, Lickity will be in the station, probably tomorrow, and explain herself what happened that is if she hasn't done so already."

He looks around trying to see if there was anything to note but to be honest he was trying to see if there were anypony in the cells.

"So now that I showed you I can be useful as well as trustful, perhaps you can tell me your name."

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524654

File: 1503984223947.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41524646

>Crit would find the station completely empty. Everything just as it was the last time he was there, other than the papers on the sheriffs desk. She lets out a slow sigh and nods.


Yeah. You did good. Split was here not long ago and told me all about it.

>She lifts her hooves and rubs the sides of her head.


Ugh, i can't believe i went through all this stress all for some elaborate plan to get them together. It's a little infuriating. Especially now that when he had nothing, he has everything. Can't tell you how it's going to turn out or what he'll end up choosing in the end. Just hope it's what he really wants.

>She looks up at Crit and raises an eyebrow.


Only a select few get to call me by my first name. Most just call me sheriff, ones that i respect, can call me Sheriff Rights.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524656

File: 1503984540886.png (1.03 MB, 727x897, Criticalicon.png)

>>41524654
He leans back and smiles evilly, "C'mon Sheriff I thought you would tell me after all of this was over. I would ask for payment right now but I'm a bit too tired at the moment for that so my money will be talked over tomorrow."

He gives up on learning her name for now, perhaps later in the future he can get her trust. Critical then wonders if she would know where to find Shining.

"Hey I got this wine from Amber just a little while ago, why don't you tell me where Shining Sea is so I can go fetch her and we can all celebrate a job well done."

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524661

File: 1503984948188.png (1.17 MB, 5654x9000, Miranda Rights.png)

>>41524656

>Her head tilts in confusion.


I thought she was with you? When i got back to the station she wasn't here.

>The Sheriff rises from her seat and looks around the room.


Around this time she's either at the Saloon or here.

>She taps her chin.


You're sure she wasn't at the saloon?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524664

File: 1503985262683.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, Coffee.png)

>>41524661
Okay that's not okay, why is the Sheriff getting up all like that?, his heart skipped a beat but logic told him that perhaps she just took a midnight stroll.

"She wasn't there when I was over and I didn't see her along the way. Here let me go look for her to make sure everything is okay. Besides you sound like you had enough for one night." He gets on up and heads on back outside, lighting up his magic so he could see better in the dark with a glow effect.

He would then spend his time wandering the streets and searching around the now sleeping town. Crit wondered if she was trying to do something illegal again and figured that it would be best that he caught her in the act rather than have the Sheriff do so.

Miranda Rights!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524671

>>41524664

>She sighs.


Yeah, I'm too tired to deal with this right now.

>She slides ope the window and calls out to Crit.


Try checking the entrance to the ruins! Just follow the path to the east!

>As Crit wanders about in the dark, he would not spy a soul moving about the town. The only movement he would see was the fire station of a cloud, orbiting the town from above. He soon picks up on hooftracks leading down the path the Sheriff had mentioned. Seems that Shinning was on her way to the Saloon and changed her mind halfway there.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524673

File: 1503986235837.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, Critical the Waster.png)

>>41524671
"Oh no..." Going into the ruins would be incredibly dangerous while in the dark but then again he was planning just in case to bunk up in the ruins if he was caught out there in the dark.

He heads on down the path trying to keep an eye out for Shining Sea. Making his way to the Ruin's entrance, he would be careful as to not make any noise and if he spots her along the way then he would try to hide and not be noticed so he can see what she was doing.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524674

File: 1503986608366.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524673

>He would soon spy Shinning Sea at the gate to the ruins. She was crouched down and attempting to pick the lock on the gate. Two other locks on the ground next to her.


C'mon, C'mon. I gotta get inside...

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524675

File: 1503986947877.png (249.63 KB, 2221x2381, Criticalneutral.png)

>>41524674
He walks on up to her, getting just a few feet behind her. Crit wondered why she was so intent on getting inside of there, perhaps she just wanted loot or she wanted that sense of adventure that you can't get while being up in a town like this. Whatever was her intent, he may as well inquire about and maybe even help her with this if he could do so.

"Damn you're pretty hellbent on getting into that ruin now aren't you?

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524677

File: 1503987130861.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524675

AH!

>Crit catches her completely off guard and her hooves twitch.


*Snap!*

>Shinning pauses and slowly looks down at her hooves. She had snapped her lockpick in half.


Ugh... Well, I was gonna try and get in tonight, what with how tired Miranda looked.

>She sighs and stowes her now broken lockpick along with her other tools back under her beanie.


But i guess I'm turnin in for the night now. How'd you find me?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524678

File: 1503987644743.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41524677
"Well it was actually her that told me to check down here."

He looks at the ruins, back to his bags that were carrying his wine, and up at Shinning, "Yeah I went and got us some wine for us to celebrate with." He pulls out the partially empty bottle, "Or... I could help you get inside the ruins if you want. All I have to do is push you up the gate, you pull me up, and then we drop down to the other side." I'm imagining that this gate is chainlinked, if not then that is okay.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524862

File: 1504055268090.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524678

>She looks up at the top of the chainlink fence and contemplates the idea.


Mmm, nah. It was probably a bad idea for me to try an get inside at night anyhow. Got all worked up to go on another adventure right away, i got carried away.

>She turns back to face Crit.


Now, what's that you said about some wine to celebrate?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524883

File: 1504061822548.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41524862
Critical listened to what she said but felt that there was much more to it than just the urge of adventure since he had already seen her try to break in before. He decides not to press her any further about it though as to not cause any schisms and the fact that now was the time to have some fun and relax.

Pulling out the bottle, he states, "It's called... er Auntie's Grape Wine I think, it's the cold freezing kind to be specific. Amber said it was often given to ponies who completed some great feat for the town so I felt it was justified to get us a bottle to share. And of course I got enough for the both of us, even though Amber kept on sampling it, as a way of saying thanks for helping me out and all."

Even though Shining had her shortcomings, like when she ate out of Lickity's fridge, he did enjoy her presence and insights on his situations which for Critical is often a rare thing to have an ally to his side.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524900

File: 1504067499928.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524883

>Shinning Ooo's in excitement.


Amber thought you were good enough for a bottle of Frost Wine? That's a pretty big deal round here. She must really see some potential in you for the future. Call it an "investment" or whatever.

>She walks right up to his saddlebags and slowly reaches forward with her hoof to lift the flap, as though waiting for permission to do so.


You have it here or is it still waitin at Stomping Grounds?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524902

File: 1504067883158.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41524900
She was getting a bit close and thus he stammered a little bit, "Er uh yeah I have it right here for you..."

He pulls it out and gives it to her before rubbing his hoof on himself to warm it back up. Critical then thinks about what she said about the wine, ponders about it, and then smiles. Looks like he was making a good impression after all around here, perhaps he won't be hated eventually.

"She thinks I got some potential? ...Heh I hope so, I do want my name down in the archives in Canterlot after all as some magic theorist. To be recognized as an expert on the arcane craft alongside Starswirl the Bearded, that would be something. And hey I already started on my beard too!" He comically points to his little goatee that seems to be a common trait within male magic users.
This post was edited by its author on .

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524912

File: 1504071144147.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41524902

>Shinning quickly grabs the bottle and carefully looks it over.


Well i'll be. This is a genuine bottle of Frost Wine. Lucky lucky you.

>At mention of the beard, Shinning smirks and points at it.


Maybe you should figure out a hair growing spell, because that's barely a patch you've got going on there.

>She places the bottle back into his bags.


We should drink that back at Stomping Grounds. Have it in some proper glasses to "properly" celebrate!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524914

File: 1504071389675.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, Crit portrait new.png)

>>41524912
He rubs the sides of his face and nods at her proposal though will probably won't act on it... even though it is just a joke.

"That's Amber's place right? Okay lets head on down over there now, I already was able to get a free room for the night so I should probably stay close to over there anyways."

They head on over to the Stomping grounds for likely a whole night of alcohol abuse, Crit can already tell that the hangover tomorrow will be intense. Nonetheless when they enter the Stomping Grounds, he sits down with Shining and awaits for the glasses to be delivered to the table.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524917

File: 1504072974287.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524914

>The moment the two enter they would find the formally dressed pony from earlier, passed out in his seat. Face laying in his piles of papers. Amber already at the table with some fresh glasses set out.


Heyo Amber.

Oh good, he found you.

Don't tell me you were worried about me.

I wouldn't want to loose my best customer now would i?

Oh you.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524918

File: 1504073333614.png (61.46 KB, 460x562, whatimworkingonnow.png)

>>41524917
He looks at Amber and Shining with a quirky smile, "Eh after tonight you'll now have two regulars drowning in your booze.. that is if we don't empty your casks by the end of the season that is." He laughs a little at his jest but figures that if anyone would empty Amber's stores of alcohol then it would be Amber herself.

"Jokes aside, how about a few mugs or glasses so we can dive right into this frightfully cold bottle."

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524919

File: 1504074667043.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524918

You heard the colt.

>Amber quickly hovers over and grabs three mugs and another bottle of wine, Red Wine this time, but still in the Auntie Grapes brand. She slides it all on the table, each cup stopping just in front of the each of them. Amber pops open the Red Wine and pours herself a glass.


We should do a toast!

What for?

Just because.

Sure Shinning, i don't see why not, but why don't we let our newest adventurer decide?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524921

File: 1504075255721.png (292.29 KB, 3468x2524, CriticalGambling.png)

>>41524919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQel47JNqo

Critical was eyeing his drink and when Amber suggested he make the toast, he looks on up to both of them. "Hmm... yeah I can think of something."

He wondered what to toast about though, he hasn't been in town long enough and he doesn't know anything about it to really say anything inspiring. Giving it some thought though, he noticed that the more and more he interacted with the townsfolk here the more he hears about their lives, hopes, and dreams. Something that he has his own and is in part as to why he came here. Skips wanted a future with a guard and as well as a lady as his own. The Sheriff was an out of townee that came on in and quickly became the lead of the law here. Trader Jack wanting to become largely successful and become CEO of a mega-corporation. Shining Sea, an amnesiac adventurer looking for the next thrill and wants a fulfilled life.

"I think we all have something that brought us to this town, to give us a new hope for a life. I don't know any of you all too well and I don't know what everypony here is running from but I can tell you that our futures here are bright and are ready to blossom with the strength of our individual willpower.", he holds up his red drink, "So I say to our future, Crossroads, and our new lives!"
This post was edited by its author on .

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525239

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525356

File: 1504224007872.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41524921

To Crossroads!
To Crossroads!

>Both Amber and Shinning cry in unison at the toast, banging their cups against his.


That was inspirin' Crit.

It was pretty good.

>The two lifts their cups and gulp down their drinks. Amber is the first to finish and smacks her mug back down onto the table.


That hits the spot! Hey, barkeep, I'm going to need another round over here!

>She giggles as she begins to pour herself another. Shinning only now finishing her drink. She shivers.


Ooo, with a teaspoon of Frost Wine. Just how i like it.

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Been busy.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525366

File: 1504235436458.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41525356
Critical downs another glass and basically lays his upper body onto the bar counter to let the alcohol take over. A lazy smile forms on his face and any future movements that he will make will be sort of lagged and dizzy like.

"Hmm... I haven't gotten like this in a long time. For some reason or another... you can't get a good drink out on the roads or the wilds."

It was unclear if Critical was being sarcastic and making a joke or if he was so drunk that he thought that the uncivilized parts of Equestria were doing a poor job at serving him drinks. Irregardless he drinks another glass and once he sets it down, he looks at it slightly annoyed.

"Y-You know, I used to have this crystal chalice thingy I got a while back up in the northern regions... A damn river took it from me."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525368

File: 1504239412008.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41525366

>Shinning gently bops him on the shoulder.


You just don't know where to look. Joints like this are few and far between in Equestria so far as i know. You'd be better off checking out Saddle Arabia or the Griffon lands or whatever.

>She takes another drink and raises an eyebrow of curiosity.


a crystal chalice huh? Did it have any magic powers or somethin?

>Amber, who has now already downed another mug, shakes her head. Bits of ice flying off from the tips of her mane from drinking straight Front Wine.


Sounds more like treasure than a magic item to me.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525371

File: 1504239993644.png (249.63 KB, 2221x2381, Criticalneutral.png)

>>41525368
"No no, It wasn't magical or anything at all. Instead it was a gift given to me alongside a crystal bow as well for helping out a friend realizing something about herself."

His eyes stare at his own reflection, lost in memories and his past actions to who and wherever he got these items. Both ponies in the bar with him can tell that this happened quite a while back.

"I was out walking one day, trying to make may way down through some forests when I found a large crack in the earth before me. A river flowed below and the only way I could cross was a tree that had fallen over to what I could only guess was years ago. So I went ahead and got on and prayed that I wouldn't slip off but halfway I could hear a large cracking noise and before I could move back to safety, the tree broke into two and I plunged into the water. After that things get fuzzy so I think I hit my head on some of the rocks and my body just sort of drifted in the speedy currents."

He gets on up and pours himself another drink, holding it up loosely as he continued.

"When I woke up... my saddle bags, my bow, and the chalice were gone. I spent all night looking for it with a serious migraine but I never did find them again."

He then finishes off his drink with a single throwback of his head.

"Oh well, that's just how some of these things work."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525374

File: 1504246440131.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41525371

>The two listen intently as Crit tells his sad tale.


Well that would explain why you have nothin useful on ya for bein an adventurer.

Shinning!

You was thinkin it too.

>Amber shakes her head and looks back at Crit.


I'm really sorry that happened to you. It's rough losing your things in an accident. Let alone something so personal. Hopefully you'll find it all again someday right?

I got a story like that.

>Shinning quickly chugs the rest of her drink and wipes her mouth.


Alright listen up, i think i was somewhere around Ghastly Gorge off by Ponyville. Was looking into a rumor i heard that there were some rare rocks and gems to be found there. Figured they could go for quite a bit in town. I was dumb and headed on down there by myself and ended up fallin down the face of a cliff.

>She quints her eyes and looks to the ceiling trying to remember.


Lost my journal. Thing got torn up into pieces on the way down somehow. Was the only thing that might have helped me remember who i was.

>She shrugs and pours herself another.


But, like you said, that's just how some of these things work.

What were you doing out there anyways Crit? Looking for treasure?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525375

File: 1504247037994.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

I thought these were cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0b2s_ot9_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRoIU6lADn8

"No, this was about a week or so after I left that town up in the Frozen North. What I was doing was trying to get down to Ponyville by passing through the Neighagra Falls. Once I got there and spent some time resting up, I heard about Cross Roads and headed west to where we are now."

He thinks about what Shining had said, grimaced at how she repeated one of his lines. Learning how she had lost her memory or at least this is how I think is how that happened kinda makes him want to help out but he wasn't sure he could pull a 180 right now.

"As for you Shining," perhaps not now, "Hell's Bells, how about you and I get on into that ruin you always wanted to get in. I don't think the sheriff is gonna give me any work down there and I already promised one pony to check it out for them and try to recover something. Of course I could try to talk to the sheriff and see if she'll just let us in now knowing how capable we can be together." Perhaps that will incite the conversation to a more happy note.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525376

File: 1504252655337.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41525375

>Shinning perks up at the idea.


Yeah! The Sheriff owes you a favor now so we could probably get in there legitimately if you call it in. Woo! Now I'm all excited for tomorrow. Can't wait to-

You don't want to do that.

>Amber says plainly. Shinning quickly turns to face Amber curiously.


What?

>She doesn't respond and simply takes another sip of her drink. Slowing down considerably compared to earlier. Staring at her mug.


Why not?

Trust me. You don't want to. You think you do, but you don't

An who are you to tell me what i do and do not want?

>She looks up from her mug at the two with a stern expression. One that seemed out of place with how she is normally. Shinning growing slightly agitated.


Do not go into the ruins.

Well, those videos are gonna make for some interesting dreams tonight.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525407

File: 1504321265261.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41525376
Critical felt a little off put by Amber's comment and recommendation to not go into the local ruins. What could be in there that could be so dangerous yet they still build a town near it... then again Ponyville was built near the Sister's Castle so he couldn't say it was too out there.

"Look..." he recoiled for a split second, remembering that he sometimes suffered for not listening to advice like that. "I've delved into dark and dangerous places before. I know what I'm doing so there won't be any trouble we would get into."

He gives her an impromptu salute with a confident smile... even though it was forced.

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525410

File: 1504322532137.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41525407

>Amber silently stares at Crit for a moment, takes another sip and speaks again.


I don't doubt that, but these aren't your normal everyday ruins. There's something else going on.

Stop with all the mystery and tell us what in the hay you're so worried about?

...Fine then, but both of your will owe me a favor

Uhh...

>As Shinning contemplates the offer Amber leans over to get a look at the passed out pony at the other end of the saloon. She then quickly hops up and locks the front door and closes the blinds on the window.


Look, i know you don't like owing favors Shinning, but i won't tell you otherwise.

Ugh, fine. What about you Crit?

>Amber walks over to the passed out pony to ensure that he is fast asleep.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525411

File: 1504322876252.gif (157.15 KB, 1920x1080, Laser-Shot.gif)

>>41525410
His smile quickly erodes and is now getting a sense of seriousness and a hint of danger in his eyes. Something was just plain off with her moving around and making sure the place was all sealed up, he got the feeling like somepony has been watching Amber for some time now.

"... Sure I'll keep you in mind when you come calling to me, just note I don't do anything violent to anypony unless you got a really good reason."

Secrecy and local plots? I thought you left that last town because of all of this. "Anyways Amber, you got one favor if you explain what is going on in the ruins."

I guess this song sorta works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3R4PE8SMTY

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525414

File: 1504329922313.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41525411

>Amber sighs.


Alright.

>She floats over to the two, giving the two a stern and serious stare.


This stays between the three of us and absolutely nopony else. Got it? Even if they act like they know what you're talking about, they don't.

>Shinning sideglances Crit with a shimmer in her eyes. Though it was certain that there was something dangerous going on in the ruins, she was about as excited as she could get while still containing herself.


A few years back, a few months after the Crystal Empire showed back up. Daisy Chain discovered the ruins while looking for a new hiking trail. Mayor Coolgrass, who had only been mayor for a month or two at the time, was ecstatic that the town would have a new selling point. He tried to convince some of the more adventurous townfolk to explore the ruins, but all of them got this weird vibe from the place that kept us all away.

>She leans over to double check on the sleeping pony in the back, then returns to telling her tale.


When the caravans started coming through and the town started making more money, Mayor had a secret meeting with Jack and the Grapes. They decided to hire a professional to help advertise the town. Ice Breaker, i think his name was. He did his thing and surveyed the town and what not, with the ruins being his last stop. He went in to take pictures and survey the place to attract tourists, but he never came back out. Now, most of the town thinks he left right after searching the ruins to go out for another job. The Mayor kept it lowkey so's not to cause a panic. Him and Jack went our of their way to hire an expert explorer to go an save him. Bobal Grape went with him. Two experienced and strong ponies went in, and neither a them came back out.

>She stares down at her mug and shakes her head.


Still hard to believe they've all managed to keep this all a secret from everypony. Cept me. After the last two disappeared, Mayor had the Sheriff close off the ruins to everyone, saying something about they were a health hazard and that it wasn't safe. Couple a caravan ponies didn't listen and broke in anyways. Never did hear back from them.

>Amber takes a long drink from her mug, gulping down every last drop.


I don't know what's down there, but it seems that only the locals can feel how off the place is.

>Amber breaths a sigh of relief. She had been holding in that secret for who knows how long. It was, in a way, nice to finally share it with someone else. Even if it was to act as a warning to keep them out.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525415

File: 1504330616629.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41525414
He scratches his chin scruff on what she had just detailed to him, strange ruins that appeared with the empire and ponies who go in and don't come back out. For the ponies who went in, Critical was already guessing that they were probably dead but he had a previous experience with this sort of thing and was even able to extract the pony from a much worse situation.

"Well I don't know about you two but I'm gonna go in there and see what is up. As a magic consultant, its pretty much my job to survey the area and pinpoint on what is causing such strange disturbances. I doubt I will find the missing ponies alive but there was a time where I traversed a pocket dimension and rescued some mare from. Basically I can't promise any rescues but I will surely try while finding out what makes these ruins tick."

He also thought about how Shining was so intent on breaking into the ruins and with that being coupled with Amber's comment on how only locals can feel some odd disturbances from the ruins worried him. Instead of mentioning this though, Crit decides to keep this to himself as to not upset Shining or to make it more difficult to bring her along since the presence of a greater risk may make Amber deter Shining's notion to explore the ruins even more.

"So then tomorrow morning, we'll enter the ruins and explore the surrounding area. Our top priority will be to examine the ruins for strange and unnatural phenomenon. Second we will also try to search for the missing ponies for rescue or find their remains for closure. Lastly I got to find one small book or record that I promised somepony else. Sorry guys but I gotta keep the last one to myself but don't worry it's not too important."

Amber Nectar!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525416

File: 1504337862975.png (839.44 KB, 5250x4900, Amber Nectar.png)

>>41525415

>Amber's jaw drops, while Shinning gleams with excitement.


What?! Didn't you just hear what i said? They sent in two pros and you still want to go in there?

Heck yeah we do! Nothin gonna stop a couple a true blooded adventurers like us from checkin it out!

...You two are crazy. Crazy i tell you. If any more ponies go missing in those ruins, who knows what will happen. It could ruin the town if it were to spread to more of the citizens. They might just up and leave if they think it's too dangerous to live around here.

Psshh, you've all managed to keep it a secret so far. Not like you're gonna be telling anypony else anytime soon right?

>Amber rubs her hoof on her face.


There's no way either of you are gonna make it in there with the supplies you've got now. No way I'm going to just let you two walk into there without more help.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525559

File: 1504407376845.png (492.23 KB, 1920x1080, potrait.png)

>>41525416
"Heh," he smiles a bit, "I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon... I think. Anyways you won't have to worry about out safety whatsoever as I will take the utmost caution during our incursion into the ruins."

He gets on up and starts to make it to the stairs to the inn rooms, turning back to them for a few last notes before heading in for the night.

"I'm gonna go ahead and rest up now for tomorrow, Shining be bright eyed and bushy tailed as you normally are and meet me at the ruin's entrance. Now is there anything else we should take care of before I lay down for the night?"

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525560

>>41525559

Nope! I'll stop by Jacks and grab some extra supplies before i meet up with you at the ruins.

>Amber facehoofs.


Don't worry so much. We'll be fine!

...I need another drink.

>Shinning waves to Crit as he heads to bed.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525561

File: 1504410442563.png (85.65 KB, 900x700, Crit's sleeping.png)

>>41525560
"Hey that sounds like an idea to me."

He heads on up and finds an empty room, looking around the warmly lit area. The bed looked nice and the room had a nice rustic feel to it which he was pretty thankful he would be here and not outside in the ruins like the original plan he had when he first got to Cross Roads.

Undoing his cloak and dropping it carelessly to the floor, he looked at himself in the mirror to better examine his bandages. "...Well I've been better off than I had been before." Crit decides to not undo them and instead just gets into bed and lay his head down on the soft pillow. Soon enough his eyes become too difficult to keep open as he was hit with how strenuous the day had been, coupled with the fact that he was drunk as well. The warmth of the blankets smothered him and...

...

He was asleep.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41525627

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41526356

>>41525627
Er maybe I should start out the new day?

After a restless sleep, Critical awoken to find himself free of the bed sheet and now in a position perpendicular to the way he laid down last night. He was never good at sleeping in a new location, somehow the unfamiliarity affects him while unconscious and makes him move about in bed. Getting up was much worse than normal as well, it was well before the time where Celestia would raise the sun and he was incredibly tired but unfortunately for him it would be impossible now for him to go back to sleep so instead he drags his body upright and heads over to the mirror after lighting the nearby lamp on the desk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEfuAH2LUxg

The bandages were still fastened well to his body but he decides that it's been plenty of time to heal up and takes them off. The scratches were still very visible so he goes ahead and slips on the the black cloak that Red Heart gave him. To much of his surprise, the fabric grazed his body gently, its silken fabric was like a relaxing cool breeze that he did not feel previously. Even though it looks much like drab, it was at least very comfortable to wear.

Critical then goes downstairs and gets on outside without bothering Amber since it was so early in the morning, his guess was that she was prolly recovering from a hangover which he too slightly had. He goes around back and tosses his bandages carefully into a dumpster and makes his way to the ruins entrance as he promised to do so. When he gets there, he sits down to have his back against the gate to wait for Shining Sea. While he waited, he tried to play with his deck of cards until he accidentally dozed off for a second and dropped his cards into his lap. A lot of the stallions in his family tended to "rest their eyes" like this and Crit was no exception.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530126

File: 1507707767743.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41526356

>The saloon was quite. Nothing but the faint sound of snoring coming from Ambers room. Outside it was nice and cool. A gentle breeze caresses his coat and cloak. The street is mostly empty, but there is some movement about the town. Primarily Trader Jack, already up and about, setting up and organizing his store front to advertise his newest products. A few caravan workers carrying crates into his warehouse in the back.


>As Crit approached the ruins, he would find the location just as it was left the night before. He not left to sleep for long however as the sound of flapping wings approaches from above and soon after the stomping of four hooves on the dirt path.


Hey!

>Calls the familiar voice and he draws near.


What're you doing out here this early in the morning? Shouldn't you be working through a hangover at Stomping Grounds?

>He asks curiously. Seeing Crit lying down by the fence blocking the ruins covered in playing cards was not exactly what he expected to see at this time of day.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530227

File: 1507738923452.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41530126
Admittedly he wasn't feeling much of a hangover from last night since he didn't drink so much. Still he needed an excuse so Skip would catch wise.

"Oh Skip... is that you?" He gets on up after collecting his cards, "Well I don't really know how I ended up on here but my guess is that I wandered over here in a drunken state and collapsed. Sorry about that."

Now that his alibi was established, time to move the topic to another subject.

"So how did your talk with Busy Bee go? You know I'm rooting for you guys right?"

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530243

File: 1507756679132.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41530227

>Skip raises a suspicious eyebrow, but having to near reason to not believe him, shrugs it off any doubt. He raises a hoof and rubs the back of his head.


Heh, well, we ended up talking all night. About all sorts of things. I kept thinking that nothing would ever come out of my little crush that i had on her.

>A huge grin stretches across his face.


She's one amazing pony, that's for sure and we are absolutely going to see more of each other.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530257

File: 1507772897810.png (317.41 KB, 1600x1950, 9717eafbb5d4a631fea18f70e524ce…)

>Roseluck placed her Journal back in her saddlebags as the train began to creak and churn to a stop, she shifted in her seat a little bit as the Train stopped. She breathed a sigh of relief as riding on the contraption always made her feel a little sick.

>She opened her mouth to say something as her first words in a new place but instead she just yawned as she stepped off the train, checking out her surroundings as she stood at the boarding platform.

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530259

File: 1507773597046.png (706.01 KB, 3000x3000, VanillaBean.png)

>>41530257
>Following the brightly colored pony off the train is another mare with a wavy unkempt mane. She looks about the platform with interest, her hooves ringing a tinny 'clip clop' on the hard planks. It had been a long train ride to Crossroads, which now would constitute as her new home far from Mexicolt with the rest of her family. It was exciting that her father had managed to get a parcel of land to develop their own family farm on, even if the family itself hadn't had much experience on farming just yet.

>But Beans were, if nothing else, resourceful! She was sure her father would be able to pull it off, and if not, her mother's incoming coffee shop could float their family economically until their farm could make a turnaround!


Oooooh!

>As the moving carriage didn't have enough room for everypony, Vanilla decided a scenic train ride touring Equestria would be a good use of her time until everything was settled at home. Her father, brother, and the moving ponies would have everything handled and, admittedly, she wasn't the strongest Earth pony around.


>Which was an understatement. Her uncle often would joke she was a magic-less unicorn with her poor constitution. Normally this would be somewhat embarrassing but Vanilla did her best to hide just how flimsy her strength really was.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530260

File: 1507773985667.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>Mayor Coolgrass yawned as he strolled over to the train station. While he normally did not arrive at the station at this time of day, this was a special occasion as he learned of new visitors. Wanting to give a good first impression, he woke up bright and early to greet them personally.

>He stretches out is legs as he watches the usual passengers climb on and off the train. Mostly caravan company ponies. There was always plenty of them coming and going as their work asked of them. He carefully skims the crowd for the supposed new visitor.


>>41530257
>>41530259

>As Roseluck and Vanilla Bean takes in the view, she would find various ponies out and about on the platform. Most of them looked like rough and tumble earth ponies loading and unloading cargo. The station itself was fairly new. It's first coat of paint still bright and welcoming. Upon seeing the new faces, Mayor Coolgrass knew just what to do. Reaching into his saddlebags and pulled out a banner and held it high above his head for all to see.


<"WELCOME NEWCOMERS"

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530261

File: 1507774161277.png (154.52 KB, 863x925, roseluck_by_tardifice-dabgoon.…)

>>41530259
Oh excuse me!

>Roseluck felt a little embarrassed for getting in the way of this Mare, she nodded her head with a smile. Though she remarked her unkempt mane with a little bit of a smirk, granted Rose never really kept a standard mane style herself.


>>41530260
>Rose sighted the bright banner with relative ease over the crowd of ponies, she covered her mouth and muzzle with a hoof and snickered to herself, figuring it would be best to greet the Mayor she cantered on over towards him, waving a hoof before she did.

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530262

File: 1507775599188.png (237.93 KB, 1528x1464, VanillaBean_HugeGrin.png)

>>41530261

It's okay! No rush!

>Vanilla shakes a hoof and rolls her shoulders in a shrug, letting the mare go on further ahead. She too had been dawdling and appreciating the sight of the station and new town and she hated the thought of keeping anyone from anything. She preferred to be noticed less anyway.


>>41530260

>The usual worker ponies walking about catch little notice from Vanilla though the ostentatious banner and the official looking stallion looked much more welcoming. She smiles widely; how nice!


>Vanilla finds herself unintentionally following the rose pony again at a slower trot, her small overnight bag bouncing up and down on her back along the way.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530264

File: 1507775866271.png (831.37 KB, 4290x5000, vector__499___roseluck_by_dash…)

>>41530262
>Roseluck stopped a moment to adjust her Saddlebag, pulling at it with her teeth when she turned her head back to do so, she spotted Vanilla again and chuckled a little bit.

Hey again, whats your name?

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530265

File: 1507776363737.png (603.5 KB, 3000x3000, VanillaBean_Happy.png)

>>41530264

>The mare comes to a stop and blinks once, but immediately brightens with a flick of her yellow ears.


Hola! Sorry if it seems like I'm following you, I'm new in Crossroads too!

>Vanilla giggles slightly and places a hoof over her chest, offering a bright but lopsided smile. There's a strange exotic accent to her voice, and while she's articulate there's no mistaking it isn't a traditional common accent of Equestria or the Crystal Empire.


My name's Vanilla Bean! What's yours?

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530266

File: 1507776670167.png (189.43 KB, 1024x1014, oh_hai_there__by_flutterguy317…)

>>41530265
>She recognized the greeting from Mexicolt, while Rose was not a well traveled pony she was well read. She was kind of humbled to meet somepony, that, by her standards. Was something exotic.

My name is Roseluck, its nice to meet you Vanilla. So I guess we both decided to get a new start in Crossroads huh?

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530267

File: 1507777242711.png (706.01 KB, 3000x3000, VanillaBean.png)

>>41530266
Si! It seems like! My family all had come to Crossroads to make a new home for ourselves! My family came earlier than I had, so I decided to take the train here and catch up with them!

>She looks around but finds no familiar sight of her father, mother, or brother. That was...unfortunate. Perhaps they were still busy settling in on their new farm? It was possible, she supposed, and she had the address on a letter her papa sent...


>She internally shrugs and looks back at Roseluck, her grey eyes shifting away from the train platform back to her.


Are you here by yourself Roseluck or are you staying with familia too?

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530268

File: 1507777453883.png (162.95 KB, 1024x1026, roseluck___funny_face_by_bobsi…)

>>41530267
Where did you all come from? I mean, I know if you took the train it had to be a long ways away.

>She sensed a little worry in Vanilla as she watched the pony look around, looking for her family. Gathering that she hadn't spotted them just yet, though she assumed Vanilla might have just wanted to be elsewhere, either way Rose continued.


Im alll by myself, my family lives in Manehattan, I've come from Ponyville as a matter of fact.

I guess you are looking for your family?

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530269

File: 1507777720681.png (258.77 KB, 1688x1480, VanillaBean_Stare.png)

>>41530268

Oh, we come from Mexicolt! My papa and uncle both have lived there their whole lives but papa has always had a dream to have his own land to farm, not to work in my uncle's restaurant all his life. So! We read about Crossroads and decided to make a new life here!

>Her smile lessens as she looks around again, but seeing no sign of a pony familiar, she looks back again to Roseluck.


Si...but it is no problem. My papa sent directions to the farm in case nopony could meet me at the station. Is is fine!

>She pauses, then brightens up. Ponyville did sound familiar to her. Was it...?


You said you came from Ponyville, yes? Isn't that the home of the Elements of Harmony and Princess Twilight? That must have been so exciting living there!

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530270

File: 1507778564158.png (184.9 KB, 1024x1124, 935939208_preview_roseluck___s…)

>>41530269
Well you came prepared, comparatively Im kind of out here blind. All I did in Ponyville was run a flower stand!

>She reached back and nervously rubbed and smoothed the Mane running down the back of her neck and said.


I did, and it was nice to be so near the Elements but it was a little bit..too exciting sometimes. I decided to move out here, and maybe I can turn my stand into something else?

>She looked a little nervous, she kinda just spilled her whole dream, honestly she moved because she was afraid of getting hurt in Ponyville but she did have a dream, maybe she jinxed it. Either way she was glad to meet some new and exotic.

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530271

File: 1507779071650.png (706.01 KB, 3000x3000, VanillaBean.png)

>>41530270
>Vanilla nods and briefly clops her hooves together in a clap.

If there is a place to try new things without anything too crazy happening then Crossroads would be the place! I hope your new stand will do well! The business that is springing up is supposedly very good right now! My mama is hoping to take advantage of this and open a coffee shop herself.

>She pauses then hums, tapping a hoof to the bottom of her chin.


Since my papa and brother will be busy with the farm I think I will help mama and her shop. She is very good with coffee! I am not too bad either, but I do tend to make sweeter drinks than the kind hard work-ponies like.

>Truthfully she did like things a little sweet. Coffee was just so bitter by itself!


When your new stand opens I will be sure to visit! We all must help each other in finding new footing in this new town after all, si?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530272

File: 1507779116419.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41530243
"Congrats gentlecolt. Just keep up on talking with her and take her out on dates and junk and you'll both do fine."

He looks around, shielding his eyes from the now risen sun that was now a bit brighter than usual due to the alcohol from last night. Scanning the horizon, poking his gaze at the houses and the streets in between them to try to see if Shining Sea was near the area he was at.

Now that he thought about it, it may seem weird that if Skip saw Crit and Shining meeting up at the Ruin's Gates since both of them are known to get into trouble.

"Hey... you know since you're out here. How about you go on to market and get Busy Bee a small gift to show her your affection? Flowers or a box of chocolates are cliched, if you don't want to go in that route then something that would appeal to her would work too."

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530274

File: 1507779514641.png (189.43 KB, 1024x1014, oh_hai_there__by_flutterguy317…)

>>41530271
>For a second she started to think, after listening to Vanilla spill her beans. Maybe it would be a good idea to work with Bean in this shop..or at the very least open her stand nearby this shop. In hopes of a cooperative business of some sort. Or maybe for ponies who wanted some coffee also wanted a nice sandwich or flower to go with it..or something.

A coffee shop huh, Im going to keep an eye out for it. I wonder what it would be like to work in one..that and I could even be your first customer!

>She punctuated her sentence with a point at her with a hoof, she giggled a little.


Thank you for wishing me luck too, I would wish you luck buy your whole family has a really solid plan. So good luck in that plan.

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530278

File: 1507781040460.png (443.13 KB, 2944x2636, VanillaBean_Giggle.png)

>>41530274

Thank you!

>Vanilla muffles a new giggle and slowly pulls her hoof away from her mouth, returning it back down to the ground. She smiles widely at Roseluck. Already not even five minutes off the train and it already felt like she was making a new friend!


>>41530260

>New things did need a start somewhere however. It seemed like the official looking pony had been waiting patiently while they had a little chat between themselves like a pair of old mares. She waves at the welcoming party with a sheepish smile.


Hola! So sorry, we are coming!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530279

File: 1507782311513.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41530278
>>41530274

>The Mayor lets out a relieved sigh as the two finished their conversation and lowered the banner. He was getting a little tired from holding it up for so long. Normally he had the intern take care of these sort of physically strenuous things. He lazily folds up the banner and tosses it over his back and cheerfully approaches the two mares.


Welcome! Welcome, to Crossroads ladies!

>He quickly bows before them.


I am Coolgrass, Mayor of this lovely town! It is my pleasure to greet the two of you personally and provide you any assistance you may require to become better acquainted with our beautiful home.

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530280

File: 1507782742911.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41530272

Hmm

>Skip taps on his chin.


You know, i was just thinking about that. Get her something like a little pick me up to give her that extra energy boost she needs. She's not a morning pony. Makes me wish we had a coffee or flower shop in town, but that's just wishful thinking.

>Off in the distance, Crit would be able to spy Shinning Sea marching down the pathway with saddlebags full of supplies for their expedition. She is about to call out to him, but seeing the Deputy with him causes her to freeze up for a moment before darting behind a nearby tree. She carefully peeks out from around the corner.


I'll probably go and grab her something after i finish my early morning rounds. Sheriff wanted me to double check the area around the ruins before taking my breakfast break.

>His ear twitches at the sound of clanging metal from nearby as Shinning Sea adjusts to stay properly hidden. He turns towards the noise, curious.


Did you hear that?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530281

File: 1507783048558.png (488.66 KB, 3000x3000, 1507768497677.png)

>>41530280
"Hear what? That noise? Prolly just some mare getting ready to cook breakfast for her family. Now that I think about it, how about you go get Busy Bee some breakfast before she goes in for work. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it will surely give her the pickup she needs for work."

Her then puts his arm around Skip's shoulder and points in a direction away from Shining Sea.

"Here I have no idea on what all the shops are here in this town but go on ahead in this direction and see what pops up. Let fate take you on a ride and see what the Mare of Luck has in store!"

Skip Tracer!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530283

File: 1507784450917.png (234.04 KB, 1000x1469, Skip Tracer small.png)

>>41530281

>With a half lidded expression, Skip looks over at Crit.


It's painfully obvious you're trying to get rid of me, but because i have no idea what exactly you are planning or any evidence that points towards anything malicious or dangerous, i'll leave you be.

>He flaps his wings and hovers above the ground.


That and, getting her breakfast sounds like a great idea. Try to not get into any more trouble and uh

>He points at Crit's cloak.


Make sure that heals up properly. Bye!

>Skip flies off towards town. As soon as he is out of view, Shinning Sea quickly rushes down the path towards Crit, panting heavily the closer she gets and comes to a stop.


He wasn't on to us right? Please don't tell me he knows exactly why you were out here.

>She quickly glances around to double check their surroundings.


What are you doin out here already anyways? I was tryin to find you all over town an here i find you, talkin to Skip.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530285

>>41530283
After Skip's comment, he readjusts his cloak better.

"I don't think he was on to us and quite frankly I don't care if he was." He looks up to her with a smile, "Cause today the ruins here shall be spelunked today. Also sorry for being here so early, I never sleep well in any new areas I lay down for the first time. Something about a natural instinct or something..."

He turns around and looks at the gates curiously and thinks of a way to get over them.

"Hmm... we;re gonna have to get past this thing. Perhaps there's a nearby tree we can climb and we can jump from one of the limbs."

I figure I could just teleport but that wouldn't be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyUz6Ijl_wM

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530286

File: 1507787752859.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530285

>Shinning Sea gives a mischievous grin.


Oh, i think i know the perfect spot.

>She motions for Crit to follow her along the fence until they reach a large bush leaning up against the fence.


This is the perfect spot.

>She reaches into her overstuffed saddlebags and pulls out a pair of wire cutters, spilling various other tools on the ground.


The bush will work great to hide our entrance into the ruins. Planned this out last night before passing out. I also maybe might have, well, stolen these from Haywire.

>She scurries behind the bush and begins to work away at cutting open a hole in the fence.


Remind me to give these back to her later. Wouldn't want her to get upset at us for borrowing them.

>She adjusts into a more comfortable position and continues cutting.


What do you think we'll find inside?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530287

File: 1507788191392.png (72.06 KB, 1080x785, Critical Hit Redone.png)

>>41530286
"What I'm hoping for is some form of ancient magics and arcane tomes on long forgotten incantations. If I find something new and grand, then I can finally cement myself within the magic community alongside with other much like Starswirl the Bearded. If I do so, my family line will finally have some traceable history that my descendants can look to with pride because for some reason there isn't much to look at going up from me."

He then looks to his right and left to make sure they were clear.

"And I may as well tell you my more immediate goal here. I need to go find a tome on Golem Craft for Haywire. Apparently she's making a golem to protect the town under the rug. Not sure why she is exactly but hey I get the job done and I get money. There's also the fact that there are missing ponies in there so to be honest, I kinda am keeping finding them a priority."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530289

File: 1507788899381.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530287

Hmm that's quite the list. With how old these ruins look, i don't doubt that there will be at least a few ancient tombs or whatever inside. 'specially with all the locals feeling some kinda "aura" pushing them away from it. That's gotta be some powerful magic.

>She clips away and starts to pull on the cut out portion of the fence, trying to create a little noise as possible.


There we go.

>She shoves the cut fence chunk into the bush and begins to pack up all her spilled supplies.


Not sure why Haywire would be working on a Golem though. Crossroads is a pretty quiet place other than the occasional rowdy caravanner. Hardly any break ins.

>As she finishes packing up she looks to Crit.


You don't think she knows about the missing ponies do you? I'd hate for that kind of information to become widespread.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530290

File: 1507789301030.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41530289
"The missing ponies info is probably widespread considering that we first heard it from Amber Nectar. That mare will tell all your dark secrets if somepony asked for it."

And I'm sure Amber felt that now eh?

He gets on down to the ground and drags himself through the new opening easily. Once on the other side, he helped Shining get on through and started their way on down into the ruins themselves.

"I know it's a lot on my plate but I'm sure I got it all under control, just need to keep a clear head and remember it all. You know, I don't think you've told me why you want to go down here. Are you in it for finding some new souvenir?"

He was curious as to what she had to say but he had to keep half of his attention on what laid ahead for possible dangers and to sight the ruins when they got close enough.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530291

File: 1507790970108.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530290

Nah, i don't think so. I've never known her to give out anything for free. Even when she says it's for free, it really isn't. She always gets something out of it. Though, i think the info on the missing ponies might have been a special case.

>As the two walk down the hill to the excavation site, there are scattered tools and supplies all about the ruins. Even a few lunchboxes with moldy food in them. From the look of things, the work of excavating the ruins themselves came to a sudden stop as everything looks like it was suddenly abandoned.


Yeah, you're right, i didn't tell you why i want to check this place out, and to be honest, i don't really know why either. Just feels like, something is drawing me here. Can't really explain it.

>As the two come closer to the ruins, they might notice a gradual temperature drop. The ruins themselves barely chest high walls formed into a circular pattern similar to that of a fort or tower of sorts. The ruined walls set up in a sort of maze pattern leading towards the center. Though because of the sheer size of it, it must have been an important building back in it's time. Shinning Sea casually checks an abandoned lunchbox.


That's really weird. I didn't expect to find stuff like this around. Didn't even know they had people here working the ruins.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530292

File: 1507791565877.png (321.75 KB, 1920x1080, List and Crit.png)

>>41530291
"They prolly had some survey team and construction crew working around this place before or during the time the town was being built. What's strange though is the fact that it's all just left laying here, abandoned. Earth Pony's take pride in their craft and they wouldn't treat their work environment and instruments like crap."

He then gets on up one of the short walls and pointed at the ruins.

"Look here, see how it's all circular looking? This may have been a rotunda of sorts back in its hayday. If so then this was probably some sort of governing building since Ancient Earth ponies adopted the rotunda design from the pegasi for their more official business."

He gets on down and starts to walk around what's left of the building.

"Try to look for some door that leads into a cellar or something. A lot of times these kinds of buildings will have some secret records hidden underneath and if that's the case then that's where our missing ponies will be."

At least this isn't as bad as the time where you went into that one pocket dimension. Though the danger here has yet to be seen.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530293

File: 1507793519096.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530292

huh, that's interesting.

>Shinning Sea climbs up on a wall as well to see what Crit was talking about.


Alright, lets see if we can't find that secret door.

>While Crit hopped off the wall, Shinning Sea walked along the top of it, all around the ruins to better survey the area. Her various tools gently clinging and clanging against each other. Just barely able to break up the eerie silence of the ruins and it's unusual lack of any sort of wild life. As Crit explores the ruins, he would eventually stumble upon a single step leading down. The ground in front of it seemingly filled with dirt and rocks more recently than everything else present. The ground is particularly cold to the touch, almost freezing. Upon inspection it also seems to be the source of the dying plant-life around the ruins.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530294

File: 1507794193241.png (172.99 KB, 1920x1080, Relaxed.png)

>>41530293
"What the fuck?..."

He looks at the sealed stairway and how unnatural feeling it was. Looking at it was just made him feel disturbed and on edge, just getting a sense of anxiety which was probably a tenth of the pony who actually filled up the stairs.

"This staircase, just how it's filled up reminds me of how Diamond Dogs will seal up their tunnels to prevent intrusion. I don't know if any are in the immediate area but that is... eh... our 2nd or 3rd candidate really."

Looking up at Shining, he tries to make it look like he was calm about this.

"It might take a really long time to dig this out if you got a spade or two but I don't want this to be uneventful for your so we can keep looking around up here for stuff. Other than that we better start to digging this out, perhaps it's just a thin layer of dirt instead of the whole sub-level being buried."

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530295

>>41530294
Hey I'm gonna head on in for the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX2NxSN49Tg

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530297

File: 1507819210695.png (44.93 KB, 250x250, thumb.png)

>>41530278
Don't mention it.

>Roseluck said with a confident smirk, almost a little impressed that she had made a friend that quickly too, look at that Rose. With just a little effort, everything you touch can turn to gold!


>>41530279
What a formal greeting!

>Roseluck felt a little humbled by it after all, she put a hoof on her chest and continued in her best respectful and cheerful tone.


You'll have to excuse me for making you wait there awkwardly and all, I'd never met a pony from Mexicolt before, or even left Ponyville in all my life!

And as for help, where is the nearby hotel? I think It'd help to have a bed to stay in before finally starting to look at homes.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530306

File: 1507839183219.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530294

Hmm?

>Shinning Sea hops down from the wall and marches over to Crit, examining the spot.


Mmm i don't think they would have taken the time to fill a whole sublevel. If we're lucky, it's just the stairs.

>She pulls out a foldable shovel and stares at it for a moment before glancing back at the other tools lying about the ruins and sighs.


If i knew there was going to be tools lying around here, i probably wouldn't have bought this thing.

>She tosses it to the side and grabs a couple shovels and picks from nearby, bringing them to Crit.


I think digging this out might be our best bet since it looks like the ground level stuff has already been combed through.

>She presses her hoof against the dirt to her a feel for haw far down it goes, but immediately retracts it.


Woah what?! W-why was that so cold? Not that i'm complaining, but i was not expecting that.

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530315

File: 1507848962713.png (706.01 KB, 3000x3000, VanillaBean.png)

>>41530279
>Wait a moment, the actual mayor of Crossroads was the welcoming party? Vanilla stares in shock at Coolgrass, momentarily stunned by this revelation. She was lucky to see any elected official of Mexicolt, all of whom seemed conspicuously absent aside regional holidays. Here she had barely taken a few hoofsteps into the town and already had met someone so important!

>>41530297
>Vanilla mentally shakes herself and again smiles sheepishly at Roseluck's mention. Once she finishes asking her question, she pips in with her own.

And if it is not much trouble, Senor, I just need to know where this place is? My familia sent me the address but I have never been here before!

>Vanilla turns her head and digs into her bright orange pack. She digs out a letter with her mouth and pulls it out, turning around for the mayor to inspect the print. The address remains emblazoned on the bottom of the page, though it isn't anyplace that sounded terribly familiar to her.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530317

File: 1507851381463.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41530297
>>41530315

No worries my dear, feel free to take all the time you need to get to know everypony. We try to stay rather relaxed around here. Now lets see.

>The Mayor pulls out a map of the town and looks it over before handing it to Roseluck. Pointing to two different spots on the map.


If you are looking for a beautiful and thematic hotel, there is always the Hotel Crossroads at the end of Mane Street. A refurbished mansion with room service. However, if you are looking for something a little smaller, cheaper, but more rustic, look no further than Stomping Grounds Tavern. Unlike the Hotel Crossroads, the Stomping Grounds has a restaurant and bar on the first floor to satisfy all your needs. Either would be an amazing choice and I'm sure you will find the accommodations to your liking.

>>41530315

Let's take a look see then.

>Coolgrass looks over the address and squints.


Hmm, i feel like i know this address from somewhere...

>He briefly taps his chin in thought.


Oh! Yes i remember, that used to be the old Sprouts farm.

>He takes out another map and hands it to her, pointing out directions.


You'll want to go straight down Mane Street until you hit the fountain, make a left and keep going until you hit the old well right by the Grape Family vineyards. Make another left on the dirt road and it should be right down the dirt path out that way.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530333

File: 1507861300408.png (831.37 KB, 4290x5000, vector__499___roseluck_by_dash…)

Terribly sorry for my inconveniencing you both! Long work day and all!

>>41530315
>>41530317
Ah! Thank you, I will head straight to the Stomping Grounds, but I might just check out Hotel Crossroads. If I were a little more wealthy Id always travel in style.

>She chuckled nervously at her own self deprecation before taking the map and inspecting it to see what other spots of interest there might be in the town.

Vanilla Bean!.ZzGrellBsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530335

File: 1507862590863.png (237.93 KB, 1528x1464, VanillaBean_HugeGrin.png)

>>41530317
>Vanilla's eyes light up and she muffles out a noise. She pauses when she realizes there's no way that the stallion could possibly understand her and quickly tucks her letter back into her pack.

>With her mouth free she's quick to pipe in a cheery:


Gracias~!

>That cut a lot of her worries in half! Now she wouldn't have to worry about wandering aimlessly around the town just to find her parent's new home. And, even better, it sounded like they had neighboring farmers!


>>41530333
Welcome back!

>Unlike Roseluck, Vanilla Bean wasn't as interested in inspecting the map. She was much more interested in seeing her new home as quickly as possible.

>She regards the mare and waves a hoof, offering a bright and cheery smile.

I'm going to head to my new home now and see my familia! If you feel like visiting then come by for dinner at the farm! My mother always makes more food than what the family eats!

>Vanilla turns and quickly gallops off and away from the two. She calls out in a singsong as she races away, her mane and tail bouncing along in the plume of dust:


Adios!

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530336

File: 1507862706260.png (194.48 KB, 779x1026, a9a.png)

>>41530335
>Her stomach growled at the mention of food, Rose smirked a little and said.

I may take you up on that offer, be safe! Take care!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530339

File: 1507863476300.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41530333

No worries!

I know what you mean, i was quite the traveler myself before becoming mayor.

>>41530335

>He raises a hoof and waves as she leaves.


Goodbye! Safe travels!

>He pauses.


Oh my.

>>41530336

>He turns to face roseluck.


I don't believe i got either of your names.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530341

File: 1507863954070.png (317.41 KB, 1600x1950, 9717eafbb5d4a631fea18f70e524ce…)

>>41530339
Im not much of a Traveler at all actually, I was born and raised in Ponyville and only recently decided it was time to leave.

Ah, well my name is Roseluck, and that mare you saw from Mexicolt was named Vanilla Bean!

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530346

File: 1507864999436.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41530341

>The mayor commits the names to memory, briefly mumbling the names under his breath.


Right, perfect. Ponyville you say? I remember passing through there while on my way back home to here. Peaceful little town. If not for all the danger having the wielders of the elements of harmony living there. Or perhaps the added safety? Anyways, what brought you to Crossroads my dear?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530347

File: 1507865452362.gif (157.15 KB, 1920x1080, Laser-Shot.gif)

>>41530306
"Strange about how cold it is right? All of the plants are dying around it too so what I am thinking it is it's necromancy. Some neutral up to evil magical art where you mess around with the forces of life in a negative way. Of course this spell isn't just a bunch of skeletons roaming around..."

He gets his shovel and starts digging, the feeling was eerie to that of a horror novel where the protagonist is digging up a grave of some sort.

"No this is probably some form of a negative energy spell or some variation of a ghoul touch spell. Don't ask why I know these spells.. Oh well just stay close with me and if there anything of the undead sort, then I'll get us through it hopefully."

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530348

File: 1507865513940.png (184.9 KB, 1024x1124, 935939208_preview_roseluck___s…)

>>41530346
Its a little bit of a self fulfilling problem I think, or what is it?-

>She tapped her hoof on the ground for a moment as she thought.


Self Correcting problem, oh no a big Bug Bear, the Elements will get it, just stay inside today..eheh..

I just wanted a little less excitement, that and I wanted to see if my flower/food stand would do a little better out here, in a new town.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530350

>>41530348

Hmm, I do see your point. Though they are there to protect, you still have to deal with the accompanying danger

Well, rest assured that we have not seen much excitement around here for 50 years. You can learn all about that at town hall should you ever want to brush up on your crossroads history.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530351

File: 1507867646761.jpg (44.26 KB, 736x854, e7b5aa6527b3c5a5f14811cf2f6ac5…)

>>41530350
Town Hall is open to the public huh?

>She brushed a hoof against the edge of her face as she had a thought.


Interesting, I think I may make a stop there before going off to the hotel. Is there anything else I should know before I go?

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530352

>>41530351

Im glad you asked! Wr will actually be having a festival soon to help all the locals and new comers become better aquainted with one another! Oh and since you plan to open a shop of your own, i would get aquainted with miss haybees at Town Hall. She will assist you in finding the right place to set up shop. Other than that, just the basics. Be a law abiding citizen, be friendly, be helpful, oh, and course, Have fun!

>He says with a wide smile.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530353

File: 1507869540912.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530347

...

>Shinning Sea pauses and stares at Crit.


You know, i used to think i got around, but from the sound of it, you've encountered some even crazier things than i have.

>She joins Crit in digging. The tips of their shovels beginning to build up a thin layer of frost.


Well at least one things for sure. We're definitely going to find something magical. Heh, maybe with how cold this is the missing ponies are just frozen in ice, waitin for somepony to thaw them out.

>She says with nervous sarcasm. Though she was still determined to explore the ruins, the idea of something nefarious lying deep within left her anxious.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530354

File: 1507870064314.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41530353
"If they're frozen? ... Yeah they could be fine, dealt with worse."

Better change the subject to something more on the bright side.

"I still wonder what things we'll find down there. We can still learn a lot about our history long forgotten and I think what lays beneath this earth will benefit the town of Crossroads."

He keeps digging and maintaining rhythm with Shining Sea, stabbing into the ground as she lobs dirt over her shoulder. Thoughts lingered in Crit's mind about what he was doing here and what he would have to do in the near future. Stay on guard, keep an eye, the usual stuff that he well acquainted with.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530356

File: 1507870786265.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530354

I wonder what kind of treasure is waiting down there. Y'know, i don't think anybody ever did find out how old they think these ruins are. They never did get around to having an expert take a look at them.

>She works to remove a large stone from the ground with minimal effort and tosses it off to the side with a thud.


Must have been because of everything going on.

>She continues to dig.


Y'know, I've been wondering. Ever since Amber told us about the missing ponies, how come nopony ever came to check it out? From what i hear, the uh, elements of harmony ponies always seem to show up to take care of problems like these. Even when nopony told them about it.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530357

File: 1507871221826.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41530356
"From the stories of what I heard, their table... map thing tells them to go to a certain place to fix a Friendship problem. How it does this, I have no clue since magic energies are not sentient as far as I know and that knowledge goes quite the distance..."

He sends a small fireball down above where they were digging, but not where it would get in the way, and focused it to stay there. Doing so he would hope to keep the shovels from freezing over and make the dirt a bit softer.

"Though if the table only deals in friend stuff then it is safe to assume that what we are dealing with does not involve friends. After all there are plenty of magical mysteries and occurrences in Equestria that even Twilight and her band can't keep up with. Besides the ponies of this land can learn to become more independent when solving their problems rather than rely on a group of heroes."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530358

File: 1507872014488.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530357

>At the sight of the fireball, she nods to Crit in thanks.


Ah, that should make this a little bit easier.

>She digs away, listening to Crits explanation.


Yeah, i guess that would make sense. Don't really know a whole lot about them myself. Or their magic table.

>Just as she said that, there is a hard clank of metal against stone.


Ooo! I think we've finally hit something.

>She scrapes away at the dirt to reveal the top of a stone doorway.


Hmm

>She bangs on it with her shovel. Chips of ice fly off.


I think this door opens out. Must be why it was filled in like this. Well, at least now we know it's not a whole floor that's filled in right?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530359

File: 1507872342454.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, Aww.png)

>>41530358
He smiles and nods at her to assure that everything is going alright.

"Yep that means the hard part is now over. Now we just got to get this door on open to get inside the ruin itself."

He lets the fireball warm up the door a bit before letting it fitter out, after that he gets on down to it and pulls on the door. After a bit of struggle Crit gets Shining to help him

"A real bitch this stone work. Don't worry if it's too heavy then I got an idea. Damn these Earth Ponies and their rocks."

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530361

File: 1507874087470.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530359

>Shinning quickly digs away at more of the dirt to help in opening the door, but it was sealed shut. At least the fireball helped to melt away most of the ice covering it.


This thing just won't budge. Let me try something.

>She gently pushes Crit to the side and faces away from the door.


Hopefully nobody hears this.

>She raises her hind hooves and bucks the door with all her strength, to which the door simply creaks.


Ugh! Stupid stubborn door!

>She kicks again, and again, and again, to no avail. She pants heavily from the strained effort. Holding up a hoof.


One more time, one more time.

>Taking in a long breath, she slams on the door with the strongest buck she can manage, and


CRACK!

>Her hooves break open a hole just big enough for them to walk through. The opening sucking in the air outside outside briefly before leveling out.


Whew. How about that! I got it open.

>She pulls a glowstick from her bag and cracks it on before tossing it in through the hole. Poking her head through to take a quick look.


Wow, you really gotta see this Crit.

>The underground room is massive, comparable to the size of Town Hall itself. Large decorative tapestries decorate the walls, though worn to the point that the symbols are unrecognizable. Several doors lining the walls accompanied by rusted lanterns hanging on the walls. With the dim light it is difficult to perceive anything else hidden in the shadows.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530363

>>41530361
"Damn I didn't figure you to be the strong type but hey if it gets us in then I sure ain't complaining!"

As the get on down there, he takes note of the arcane symbols lining the walls. While Crit was familiar with magics and is able to theorize about history, he can't make sense of any foreign languages outside of Common so it would be impossible for him to translate the runes.

"This place is... spacious. I wonder what all this is for, why is it here? Hopefully the answers lie in wait but for now lets press on to see if we can't find the missing ponies."

He goes up to one of the lanterns on the walls and takes it, casting a small magic flicker to ignite it and illuminate the area surrounding him. After that he looks back to Shining to make sure everything is alright. If nothing is hiding in the dark then he would move on to the closest door to his right and open it.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530369

File: 1507878129302.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530363

>Shinning is just barely able to crawl through the opening in the stone door, falling flat on her face as she enters the room. The sound of her supplies crashing on the stone floor echoes throughout the room.


Ow.

>As Crit lights up the lantern, he would notice that each of the doors have different symbols carved into them. Their meanings lost to modern language. The first door to his right is easily pushed open, but just as cold to the touch as the one before. Even with the dim lighting, it was easy to tell what the next room held. Lining the walls were tall bookshelves, almost completely filled wall to wall with ancient texts. A few tables and benches sat at the center with a much larger desk sitting at the back with it's own smaller bookshelf. Oddly enough, there were several books already removed from the shelves and scattered about the tables, open. Shinning Sea looks up from her mess.


Do you see anything interesting in there?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530371

File: 1507878530340.png (525.98 KB, 1920x1080, List and Crit.png)

>>41530369
He leaves the door open and heads on back to help Shining get her stuff back together. Anyone who does this kind of thing should know enough to never leave behind any allies while exploring dungeons.

"Looks like a bunch of books, probably their old library. If that is the case then that will be the most likely place to find a book on golem craft. I'll also have to make sure to grab some more books than that and do some research on them."

The more and more Critical puts stuff into Shining's bags, the more comical it seemed to him. Honestly he had never seen a pony bring so much gear before.

"By Celestia Shining, heh did you pour your life savings into this one trip?"

Gonna head on in for the night. See ya tomorrow.
This post was edited by its author on .

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530384

File: 1507913900329.png (189.43 KB, 1024x1014, oh_hai_there__by_flutterguy317…)

>>41530352
Law Biding? Well I better confess that I am actually a master thief..

>She tried her best to keep a straight face but failed spectacularly and giggled, even with a snort or two. Once she was composed she smiled and said.


Thank you for all your help Mayor, I had better go off to town hall then and see what I can learn and speak to Haybees. You have a wonderful day!

>With that she cantered off occasionally stopping to check the map to see which direction Town Hall was in.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530501

File: 1507930308261.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530371

Pff what? No, no of, of course not. Why would i do that?

...

I took out a loan.

>She says with a straight face as the last of her things are packed up. She clears her throat.


*Ahem.

So, library you say? That sounds interestin.

>She casually strolls into the room, cracking another glowstick to take a look around.


Oh wow, you weren't kidding.

>She walks up to one of the tables and sets down her bags. Sticking the glowstick into her cap, she wanders the room looking through all the open books on the tables, tilting her head as she reads them.


These all look like history books, but like, about specific things?

>She closes one of the books and reads the title out loud.


Uhm,bruhm. What in the hay is an Umbrum?

>Looking through the shelves, Crit would find that all the books were about various ancient creatures. Some thought to be extinct, others a rare sight to see. Although these were ancient texts, they were written in an old form of the common pony language. Difficult to read through, but not impossible to understand.

Mayor Coolgrass!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530504

File: 1507931080450.png (462.13 KB, 2000x2773, Mayor Coolgrass.png)

>>41530384

>Mayor Coolgrass can't help but join her in laughter.


And a wonderful sense of humor as well i see! Well, farewell Roseluck! Have a splendid day!

>The map Roseluck looks over shows that Town Hall stood proud at the center of town just a little ways down the road from the train station. Both sides of "Mane Street" were lined with small businesses, most of them newly built, but very much so empty. On her left were three open businesses: Crossroads Bank, Stomping Grounds Tavern, and Trader Jacks Trade Depo. To her left stood Haywires Contruction and Repairs, Galloping Gorge Tours, and of course the beautiful Hotel Crossroads. Ahead of her stood a water fountain with an ancient statue of a pony on it. Unfortunately because of how worn down it looks, it is difficult to tell any kind of discernible features other than that they were an earth pony. Just behind the fountain stood Town Hall. Compared to the statue it looked newer, but much older than most of the building on mane street, other than Hotel Crossroads. Up in the sky hovered a fire station on a cloud, gently orbiting the entirety of the town.


>As she walks down the street, various ponies are out and about their day, walking in and out of the various stores and chatting on the street.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530524

File: 1507932262898.png (61.11 KB, 255x350, rose_by_comeha-dbcg26g.png)

>>41530504
>Roseluck was slightly relieved that her humor was on the same page as the Mayors. She bowed her head once more out of respect and waved him off.

Hmm.

>She inspected the map, stopping at the statue, she sat down on her rear legs as she inspected the statue, a part of her felt a little humbled that it was an Earth Pony, but shortly after she spotted the cloud and she looked back at her..wingless back! She felt a little lesser for a moment. She did her best to avoid bumping into anypony, nodding and smiling whenever another pony made eye contact. She wished for a second that she could draw as the town had a charm all on its own that would have fit nicely on an easel, but once she had taken in the sights she went right up to the Town Hall, knocking on the door? If that wasnt the custom she simply entered.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530540

File: 1507938875245.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530524

>The doors to Town Hall stood wide open for all visitors to enter at will. Inside, the walls were covered in hundreds of photographs depicting the long history of the town. Each section separated by an image of the Mayor and Assistant Mayor. As well as display cases with various historical oddities. At the moment, there was only one pony in the room. An uptight looking earth pony sitting at a desk, sorting through papers. She looks up from her work, over the top of her glasses at Roseluck.


Can i help you miss?

>Her tone was very business formal. Nothing like the Mayors happy, relaxed, and friendly attitude.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530541

File: 1507939071523.png (162.95 KB, 1024x1026, roseluck___funny_face_by_bobsi…)

>>41530540
>Clopus

>Roseluck was always a little bit to interested in History, a certain trait she was always not quite sure she had. The thought of finding history excited her more, but never the less eh perused the historical oddities with piqued interest, stopping to see the towns past leaders as well as any plaques and the like, of course she halted when the formal Mare addressed her.


Oh, excuse me, I was told by the Mayor that this was the best place to -erm talk about having a place to setup a flower and food stand.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530542

File: 1507939517827.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530541

Yes, of course. You've come to the right place.

>She walks up to her and shakes her hoof.


I am the assistant mayor, you may call me Miss Haybees. I am the one you want to talk too about setting up shop. I'm sure you saw the many lots we have open on Mane Street. An ideal place to set up, but before we get into the tedious logistics, tell me little about yourself. I always make it a point to know all the business owners.

>Though her voice continues in a formal manner, there is a sense of friendliness behind her voice.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530543

File: 1507939898751.jpg (44.26 KB, 736x854, e7b5aa6527b3c5a5f14811cf2f6ac5…)

>>41530542
>Roseluck shook the mares hoof with a firmness of respect, after all she was, at least by this ponys standards a countrymare. She cleared her throat and sat back on her back legs to seem a little more casual.

Well, where to start - heh, hmm. I was born in Manehattan, but my parents ended up moving to Ponyville when I was very young my father owned his own flower shop in the city and it came with us to Ponyville.

So when it was my turn, I figured I could handle it. I even decided to go ahead and make it a little food stop as well. My mother always did say I was one to take steps towards the future.

>She took a breath before continuing.


I've been in Ponyville for just about all that usual craziness you hear about from there, and I figured it is a self correcting problem with the Elements so close by but I always started to worry about what happened if my shop got destroyed.

So, I decided I'll start a stand here and see where it takes me!

>Her tone when she spoke about moving here to Crossroads sounded like one an adventurer would have, one could infer she was moving for more than just personal safety and a place to start new.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530544

File: 1507951256746.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41530501
He looks over her shoulder at the text, trying to read it as well.

"An umbrum? I don't think I've heard about that creature before... but this book looks like a bestiary. Think like an encyclopedia but now on monsters and junk."

He places the lantern on one of the desks and quickly searches the bookshelves for something on Golem Craft.

"With ponies missing around here, I don't want to stay too long in this room until we either save them or know what happened to them. Once we do so we can just head on back to this room and I can collect what tomes I want but we won't go yet until I can find a golem book for Haywire. Then again if I can't find that then we'll make ourselves scarce here and go searching through the rest of the complex."

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530545

File: 1507953107661.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530543

>The mare giver her a small smile at her tale. Nodding as she listened.


How lovely, well, as I've heard many say before, Crossroads is where you go for a fresh start. We could really use an eatery around here. There hasn't been a real food stop in town since we began expanding. I think you will find yourself in the rare situation of setting up a business with little to no competition. You should consider yourself lucky for arriving at a time like this.

>She mare motions for Roseluck to follow her over to her desk and she pulls out some paperwork and lays them out on the desk.


Since it sounds like you have previous experience, most of this will be familiar to you. All you have to do is fill out these forms and pick out which building on Mane Street you'd like to use for your flower shop and you will be all set to go.

>She slides a pen over to her.


You'll also want to visit Haywire. She does a majority of the construction work around here and can help you with the heavy lifting of building the inside just as you want.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530546

File: 1507953876760.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530544

>The old style of writting is difficult to read, but from what Crit can discern, an Umbrum is some sort of creature of the shadows. One that can take on the appearance of a pony as a sort of protective shell for a time before become it's true self. As Crit continued to skim the wall, he would find a few books on Golems, but nothing in particular about how to create one. Shinning Sea nods in agreement to Crit.


Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I don't know about you, but i am freezing. Haven't been this cold since i tried to find a path to Yakyakistan. Woah!

>Shinning sea suddenly trips and falls over as she skimmed over the wall of books.


What in the hay?

>She stands up and lifts an old worn saddlebag.


This isn't mine.

>Although the bag was worn, it looked much newer than everything else in the library. The patch on the side was a pair of ice cubes. Likely the cutie mark of whoever this belonged too. Regardless of it's age and wear, the bags were tightly bound shut. From what could be seen through the openings on the side, the saddlebags were filled with notebooks, quills, and ink.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530547

File: 1507954246391.png (471.07 KB, 3507x2550, Critpipbucksketch.png)

>>41530546
"Hm, I've never been outside of Equestria so in terms of experience, you got me there."

Inspecting the saddle bags, Crit understood that it was probably one of the missing pony's belongings. Most likely this ice cube pony wanted to get some info like he did but must have had to leave in a hurry if they would leave their main objective behind.

"Here I'll take that for now, besides I should have a pair of saddle bags of my own and I can work on opening it later. There's also the idea that the books and scrolls inside are valuable and that's what I'll have to suffice with until after we check out the rest of the ruins."

He slings it over his shoulders and straps the bags to his body. After that he picks up the lantern and heads into the main area, approaching the door across the room on the left and opens it when he got close enough.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530548

File: 1507954287014.png (510.63 KB, 692x720, 47567.png)

>>41530545
>Roseluck was a little taken a back at first, a whole building, all to herself? Granted she had a building in Ponyville but it was kind of 'bequeathed' to her from her family, she stumbled on over still a little surprised that it was happening so quickly, she took the pen with her teeth and looked over the form, signing all the necessary documents. She put her hoof on the map and told Ms Haybees that she wanted a shop on the right side of the street, to keep the sun out of her eyes during the evening. Once she was finished signing the paper work she then said.

Im a little...surprised, I think I have a lot of work to do, now that Im going to have a building and all..Im going to have to start small with a menu, then build up. I might have to get loans or..something!

>She seemed a little overwhelmed!

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530549

>>41530548
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hucC98P1I

Here's some town music
This post was edited by its author on .

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530550

File: 1507956734495.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530547

>When Crit opens the door, the room he finds is a large rectangular room stretching down along the length of the main hall. What looks like stone beds lay across the room accompanied by chests and drawers. Two tables with chairs at each end of the room. A few of the chests and drawers have already been opened, but most of them are still locked shut. Various bits of cloth are scattered about the room. Most look like the remains of bedding and clothing. A few spears and swords lay next to the beds. The spearheads themselves are made of a super hardened crystal material. The swords however are rusted. At the other end of the room sitting on the tables are something of a more modern nature. Some empty bottles of grape cider. Though it is difficult to tell from this distance, there is something else off about that part of the room.


Hey wait up!

>Shinning Sea follows closely behind Crit, taking in the sight of the room.


Is it just me, or does this look like barracks.

>She says as she kicks a fallen candlestick.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530551

File: 1507957134816.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530548

>Miss Haybees carefully stacks the papers into a filing cabinet behind her.


You will likely have no trouble paying off a loan. The most consistent business we have here is the caravaners than come through. they tend to grab something to eat at the Stomping Grounds Tavern, but if there were a more official place to eat..

>She turns back around to face Roseluck.


If you are really in need of funds, there is always work to be had around town. Or, you could always ask our more, prominent, citizens. Trader Jack is quite generous with his loans from what i hear. He is the reason half of the businesses on Mane Street exist. I would go to him.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530552

File: 1507957176148.png (72.06 KB, 1080x785, Critical Hit Redone.png)

>>41530550
He looks at on of the spears and levitates it up to eyelevel, then he squinted at the center and caused the shaft of the spear to snap in half. After that he puts the half with the spear head strapped to his back for later use, just in case.

"My first thought was just some living quarters but yeah that does seem like the most probable answer for this room. Here go ahead and see if you can open up any of those chests to see if there is anything useful in them, just be sure to check them for traps. I don't want you getting hurt okay."

As she does that, Crit decides to go on over to the tables to investigate it and see if there is anything to note. Those bottles sorta reminded him of that frostbite wine they had last night so maybe this is where the missing ponies camped out for their over night excursions.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530553

File: 1507957336720.png (831.37 KB, 4290x5000, vector__499___roseluck_by_dash…)

>>41530551
Im sure what with all the travelers needing food and what not, or a bite for the road before leaving I'll do just fine..it's just the financing the building is all.

I mean, I have enough money to make moving out here easy but not that easy!

>She chuckled nervously and rubbed her chin with her hoof as she mentioned Trader Jack, that might be a good place to start.


I'll have to see this Jack, thank you Ms Haybee's you've been a very big help.

>She offered her hoof to shake again.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530554

File: 1507958507533.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530552

On it!

>Shinning excitedly rushes over to the chests and begins her work on lock picking them open. Followed by a snap and a groan. Seemed she was a little too excited and broke her first pick already.


Darn. Good thing i bought a whole case a these.

>As the light from Crits lantern illuminated the other end of the room, he would find a few empty bottles of grape cider. All except one that sat half empty, lying on the floor next to one of the chairs. Upon closer inspection of the area, he would see a shattered sword and several cuts into the stone floor and wall leading towards the other door back to the main hall.


*CLICK*

Hah! Got it.

>Shinning Sea gleefully flings open the chest and dives right in. Listing off what she found out loud.


some petrified food, some really old bandage wraps, some ancient robes, i think a journal?, a dish set for one

*crash!*

... a broken dish set for one.

>She says sheepishly.


Ooo here we go. A bag of... of gold pieces! A neat looking crystal helmet, and a couple scrolls.

>She shoves the crystal helmet on her head and opens up one of the scrolls.


...Scroll of, anti-magic?

>She opens up the others.


Protection spell, heavy mist spell, scroll of blindness? Wonder what they needed these kinds of spells for...

>He voice trailing off into one of concern as she speaks.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530555

File: 1507958650940.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530553

>Miss Haybees happily shakes her hoof.


Happy to be of service Miss Roseluck. Hope you have a wonderful day. Be sure to come back anytime should you have an questions.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530556

File: 1507958814172.png (44.93 KB, 250x250, thumb.png)

>>41530555
Oh thank you for reminding me, I actually wanted to read a little about the towns history..is there a..library or archive or, something of that manner here or elsewhere?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530557

>>41530554
"You'd be surprised how effective a spell can be if used in the right place at the right time, even a very low level spell. Although to answer your question, this spells most likely belonged to a young battlemage just learning about their practice and these scrolls likely served as study material late into the night."

He does take the old robe of all things just in case something happens.

"Not sure if having one of these will be useful. Did hear about one fantasy where an adventurer used some ancient robes to infiltrate a temple so maybe this can work the same." He realizes this is probably a long shot. "Eh probably not but hey what can you do?"

"Go on ahead and keep the gold and helmet for yourself, I'll hold onto the spells incase we need to use them. After we get out of here I'm sure we can put these items to market and make quite the bit of bits with it."

After that he enters the mainhall again and opens on the door of top right corner of the room.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530558

File: 1507960589753.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530556

Well, i can give you a brief overview of the town history, but if you are looking for something more in depth you would want to find Page Turner. He is the town historian and honestly, a much better story teller than i am. He helped to organize and gather together a majority of the pictures and artifacts you see in this building actually. You can usually find him either at his home, though he doesn't like visitors. If you're lucky you might run into him at Trader Jacks or Galloping Gorge Tours. He is something of an elusive pony at times.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530559

File: 1507960851694.jpg (44.26 KB, 736x854, e7b5aa6527b3c5a5f14811cf2f6ac5…)

>>41530558
Ahh, bad luck on my part. I'll take the brief overview then and see if I can't find this Page Turner another time..I think Im going to have my hands busy for a long time anyhow.

So! Brief, if you have time Id hate to intrude!

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530560

File: 1507961648987.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530557

Great! These gold coins alone should cover my costs. Might just keep the helmet for myself.

>She says as she hands everything else over to Crit. Once Crit returns to room, he would notice that the cuts in the stone seem to continue to out into the main hall. Another shattered sword lays on the ground nearby. With better lighting Crit would be able to clearly see the number of doors in the hall: two on the western wall that lead tot he barracks, the exit on the southern wall, four doors on the eastern wall (the southern most one leading into the library), and three doors on the northern wall. The center most one more decorated than the rest. Also because i forgot to say how many doors and where they are earlier :P


>Once Crit opens the door, he finds a room full of tables and chairs. The back wall leading to another room with an opening leading along the wall like a counter. Unlike the other rooms they have investigated, this one is in terrible condition. Most of the tables and chairs int he room have been knocked over and in several cases, have been broken. Ancient battle scars mark the walls, floor, and ceiling leading out to just outside the room into the main hall. shattered ceramic plates and mugs scattered across the room.


>Shinning Sea herself does not seem to notice Crits exit as she is already working on another of the locked chests. Eager to retrieve what treasures may lie in store.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530561

File: 1507962046764.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530559

The day is still young, i have enough time to at least give you that.

>She clears her throat and adjusts her glasses in preparation.


Crossroads was founded hundreds of years ago by an earth pony whom we have since lost the name of, though their statue still stands at the center of town in front of Town Hall. For a time we were a rival to Vanhoover, but we quickly lost, as a city established along the coast tends to thrive much easier. Had it not been for our proximity to Galloping Gorge and the Grape Farm, Crossroads might have faded from history. A few hundred years ago there was a band of thieves led by "Shadow Hoof" who attempted to make our town their headquarters for a time. Eventually being discovered and their hideout raided with the majority being arrested. Then about a hundred years ago we had a bit of a commotion here when a known outlaw, Brass Buckle, came through here with his gang and took the town hostage. Before the Crystal Empire we primarily thrived on visitors seeking to explore Galloping Gorge and the Grapes selling their products.

>She speaks in a recited tone, as though she had given this short speech many times before.


Since the Crystal Empire however, we have become a boom town with all the trading that passes through here.

>She adjusts her glasses again.


That loosely covers some of the more interesting points of our history. Think of it as a sort of introduction to Crossroads history if you will.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530562

File: 1507962093371.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, Too much coffee, not enough wi…)

>>41530560
Critical, seeing the state of the room, decides to not explore it since it seemed that there would be nothing of value. When he turns around and notices that Shining was not there, he went on to the center of the main room and called out to her.

"Hey come on out of there! It's dangerous to split up and I need you with me in case I see anything locked up or trapped dangerously."

He then goes on over the third door on the eastern wall. If there's nothing in this room, then go on and check the door that looks all fancy.. Critical also kept an ear out for Shining, while opening the door, to try to hear her if she enters the main hall.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530563

File: 1507964099281.png (201.37 KB, 1024x1199, a clue.png)

>>41530562

>She shouts back


Alright alright! I'll only be a minute!

>With a click the second chest is opened. A wide grin spreads across her face at the sight of her newfound treasure. Stuffing away what she wanted to keep for herself, she hurries out into the Main Hall wearing a pair of armored boots on her hooves. Every step she makes echoing in the vast chamber.


It's just some abandoned ruins. Not like there's anything down here. We haven't seen a single living thing since we got here and I've been making all sorts of noise. I think we'll be fine Crit.

>The door Crit reaches for is reinforced with metal bars lining the front and a massive lock beneath the handle. Or at least there used to be. The lock itself was torn apart, a hole where most of it once was. The door creaks open and reveals a room, almost as battle scarred as the last. A few tables and chairs broken down, but the walls are lined with full body armor for earth, pegasus, and unicorn. The counters beneath them holding a wide variety of weapons ranging from shortswords to crossbows. Unfortunately most of it is rusted and broken lying on the floor, but there are still quite a few salvageable weapons and pieces of armor. Upon further inspection, he would find a large carving into the stone of the back wall. Just beneath it, an outline of what looked to be an armored earth pony in a battle stance. The outline made from scorch marks. A majority of the struggle in this room seems to originate from that spot beneath the carving. Whomever this pony was, they put up an intense fight.


Woah.

>Shinning Sea peers over Crit into the room.


What do you think happened here?

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530564

File: 1507964893437.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, Crit portrait+1.png)

>>41530563
"Okay... okay I'll ease on up then. Sorry for being so tense, I just want to make sure we go home in peace."

He seems a bit set back but quickly shrugs this off in favor for looking at the room. Going inside, so Shining can enter too, and examines the room and what details he could look at.

"Let's see... this place looks to have been some military for back then, maybe it was used during the time when Discord ruled over Equestria. As for the battle scars from the room, it would either be from the way back times or more recently and this was one of the missing ponies. Either way it looks like the outline here got on the business end of a unicorn's flame gout. You can tell from the perfect outline printed on the floor here, a fireball explodes on contact and the body would be scattered around as pieces. Still gotta give this pony some credit though, they gave one hell of a fight before their end. Perhaps they were the commander of this fort."

Critical sifts through the weapons and tries to find a salvageable crossbow to add to his arsenal. He didn't expect to find a working one but Haywire would fix it for him after he finds that golem book for her. As he does this, he decides to make some small talk since things looked safe from what Shining had said earlier.

"You know, I was thinking of getting a house here in Crossroads. I know I say I travel a lot and I plan to do so in the future but I kinda need a home to go to and this place seems pretty nice. Of course I'll be busy doing a bunch of research on what materials we find here and the town should have a magic expert at their disposal since these ruins are so nearby. What do you think?"

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530581

File: 1507994085101.gif (76.35 KB, 770x770, rTLaLLyT8.gif)

>>41530561
>Rose listened intently, mostly to be respectful, and almost entirely because she interested genuinely in the history of the town she was moving into. She started to get a little out of it when she began to imagine and picture the two criminals who once tried to utilize the town, her imagination running like a fillys as she heard the history, when she finished she smiled and said.

I can't thank you enough Ms Haybees!

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530653

File: 1508009636790.png (290.96 KB, 3703x3040, Shining Sea.png)

>>41530564

Hardcore.

>She remarks at his theory. Sifting through the rooms salvage, her face lights up at Crits idea.


Really? You're thinking about moving here? I think that's a great idea! Crossroads could be your home base. Not to mention we're probably the first ones to really get to explore these ruins. With our newfound expertise on the place, we'll be rolling in respect and coin.

>She turns around quickly to face Crit, holding an excited hoof in the air.


This is gonna be great!

>As Crit searches through the weapons, he does manage to find one still functioning crossbow! However, it sticks out among the rest as it is not of the same design as everything. Rather than being made of some carefully crafted hardened crystal like everything, this one was made of enchanted wood. A horseshoe emanating a dark aura, carved into it. It's a little rusty, but it should be easy enough to replace the parts needed.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530655

File: 1508009823724.png (553.58 KB, 2000x2898, Haybees Clopus.png)

>>41530581

You are most welcome Miss Roseluck. I can see you have a sincere love of history. Usually when others ask to hear the summary from me, it is more than enough for them, but since you seemed so enthralled, I'll see if i can't get a hold of Page Turner for you. Then perhaps he can give you a personal historical tour.

>She leans in and whispers


He has a thing about teaching people who don't really have a love for history.

<Roseluck>Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530656

File: 1508010009593.png (76.85 KB, 600x600, medium.png)

>>41530655
That'd be very kind of you, so far I've had a lot done for me in this town. I'll have to repay the favor some how to everyone, I don't want to intrude on Page Turner's Hospitality but if he wanted to teach.

I'd be happy to learn!

>She leaned in to listen and then covered her mouth with her hoof to let out a quiet little giggle.

Critical Hit(Element of RNG)!Hit/fwz5XsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41530796

File: 1508035642297.png (189.32 KB, 900x1000, Crit's Coat+1.png)

>>41530653
"I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting tired now of not really having a home. I mean I have fun going to all these places but I want there to be a place I have a connection too, a place to lay down roots."

He pockets the crossbow, making a note to either visit Haywire for repairs or go to Trader Jacks to get the parts to fix it himself. Might just do the latter.

"Okay, I think that will be it for this room so lets head on back to the main hall and go through the main door on the northern wall."

He heads on out and approaches the door he mentioned and places his hooves on it. With a deep breath, he pushes it open slowly to reveal the area behind it, leaving behind what was known to him to venture forth into the obscurity of the ruins.

Haybees Clopus!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41531039

>>41530656

Having a place to eat in town is one of the best things you could do for us. The Stomping Grounds good is fine and all, but their specialty is drinks.

>At that moment, a young unicorn mare walked in through a door marked "mail room".


Excuse me, Miss Haybees? We have an issue with the mailroom that requires your attention.

One moment.

>Miss Haybees nods to Roseluck.


If you'll excuse me I have other duties to attend to. Have a wonderful day Roseluck.

>She takes a few steps towards the mail room, but stop and turns to face Roseluck again.


Oh, and welcome to Crossroads.

Shinning Sea!lWMBg88H1sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41531046

>>41530796

Upward and onward.

>Shinning Sea follows closely behind as Crit opens the fancy doors. Behind the doors is... what looks to be a completely empty room. The only thing to note would be the unusual markings on the walls and ceiling. They kind of looked like runes, but with an innumerable number of battles scars over them. Everything from elemental magic, to claw marks, to dissolved portions stone. Oddly enough, the floor itself is mostly unharmed. A solitary chest sits at the back of the room. Beating its fair share of battle scars. Even so, the chest was of an unusual design, and made of the same hardened crystal as the spearheads seen earlier. Shinning Sea nearly pushes Crit to the side when she noticed the chest and pokes her head into the room.


Would you look at that chest! That's got to hold some amazing stuff inside it for sure!

<Roseluck>