[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

The place for, well, roleplaying. Feel free to jump in.
Name?

This field is optional. You can choose any name you want, or you can post anonymously by leaving this field empty.

Tripcodes are a way to identify yourself between posts without having to register with the site. To use a tripcode, enter your name as ‹name›#‹key›.You can choose anything you want as the key—it is private and will never be shown to other posters or stored on the server. For example:

Rarity#bestpony → Rarity!.4PK7yxdII

If you want a tripcode containing specific words, you can download a program designed to search for tripcodes, such as Tripcode Explorer.

Email?

Entering an e-mail is optional.

There are also code words you can enter here which perform certain actions when you submit your post.

  • sage — lets you post without bumping a thread.
  • nonoko — uses the original post behavior to redirect to the board index.

These can be used at the same time as an e-mail address by typing ‹email›#‹action›.

You can also use Skype names in place of an e-mail. The notation is the same as a link to a username on skype itself, which is skype:‹username›

Subject
Comment?
Giving emphasis
[b] Bold [/b] Ctrl + B
[i] Italic [/i] Ctrl + I
[u] Underlined [/u] Ctrl + U
[s] Strikethrough [/s] Ctrl + R
Hiding text
[?] Spoiler text [/?] Ctrl + S
[h] Hide block of text [/h] Ctrl + H
Special
[rcv] Royal Canterlot voice [/rcv] Ctrl + K
[shy] Fluttershy voice [/shy]
[cs] Comic Sans [/cs]
[tt] Monospaced [/tt]
[d20], [4d6] — Dice rolls
URLs and linking
Link to a post on the current board
>>1234
Link to another board
>>>/pony/
Link to a post on another board
>>>/pony/1234
Hypertext links
[url=https://www.ponychan.net/] Ponychan [/url]
File
Options
Password?

This field is for editing and deletions.


File: 1499218500147.jpg (19.25 KB, 620x388, download.jpg)

Lost Light Tales Volume 2 Who?!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41515262[Last 50 Posts]

#IC #Canon: TLL #Ask/Invite #Spotlights/Backstory

Oi! Either come th' fuck in or fuck th' fuck off!

Yeah, tha's righ', I'm talkin' t' yew! I'm busy, yew better 'ave a gewd reeson fer botherin' me!

What? Yer feed went down? Oh, like Ah'm suppos'd t' fix tha' for yew? I'm not even suppos'd t' be 'ere!

Alright, alright, fine, hold yer bitchin', Ah'll fix it! Fuck's sake...

Righ', if yew came in late, 'ere's what yew missed. Th' Captain of th' Lost Light met 'er co-pilot an' potential love interest. Though if yew've been lookin' at th' more recen' stories she torpedo'd tha' in a hurry.

Then there was a story abou' some scavengers tryin' ta find their family an' runnin' smack intew some Empire fucks. They sorted tha' out an' moved on. Not shoor where tha's goin'.

An' then it jus' became all abou' tha' poof in pink spandex gettin' laid left righ' an' centuh. Seriously, how does a lil' twink like tha' get so much pussy? 'E's practically jus' out of th' womb by my standards an' 'e's up to 'is eyeballs in it! I haven' been laid tha' much an' I've been around a long fuckin' time!

Anyway, yer all caught up, enjoy yer soaps! Fuckity-bye!

------------------------------

Lost Light Tales is for exploring side-stories and backstories that aren't going on in the present time in the canon.

>Links

Current IC: https://www.ponychan.net/rp/res/41515247.html
Wiki: the-lost-light-rebellion-rp.wikia.com/wiki/

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521181

File: 1502060496706.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>it wasn't always that Bolone was out on his "mission"
>often, but not always
>no, sometimes he wanted a chance to relax and do something more normal with someone he knew
>which was what he had elected to do right now

>the planet Nijirin was another one that was technically under Empire control, but it was a peaceful arrangement, so they wouldn't have to worry about getting swarmed by Empire footsoldiers

>all the same, Bolone waited outside the boundaries of the village he had stopped near, wearing more casual attire than his usual flashy outfit, in the hopes of blending in a bit more

>why was he on this planet, then, if not for his "mission"?

>because a special event was going to happen this upcoming morning that few would get a chance to see
>the white dwarf star within Nijirin's solar system was going to make its brief cycle past the planet, its trajectory passing by the outskirts of this village
>said outskirts contained a particular arrangement of crystals that the citizens of the planet used for constructing their living spaces, and once the light of the star hit those crystals, the entire area would be covered in a barrage of colours, in an event referred to as the Fantasy of Light by the locals

>so naturally Bolone wanted a chance to see it

>and why not bring along a pretty face to enjoy this rare experience with?
>though as he stood outside of the ship that he'd arrived on, rather anxiously staring at it, he hoped that she'd hurry
>he wasn't sure how long they'd have before it started...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521182

File: 1502061438846.png (244.66 KB, 253x530, nice to meet you.png)

>>41521181
>it took a while
>a bit too long, perhaps
>strangely too long

>exactly why the bounty hunter had taken so long to get properly dressed was anyone's guess

>it's not like she had an extensive wardrobe inside the odd snail-like ship she piloted
>one of the many mysteries of life...

>but eventually, Bolone's company for the evening finally made herself known, hopping out of the ship in a more formal attire than her usual clothes

>it wasn't often she'd bust out the fancy black suit, as the right occasion never quite seemed to rear its head for it
>and despite deciding on it, she clearly wasn't entirely certain this was the right occasion either
>especially when seeing how casual Bolone looked, and the humble village they found themselves on
...

Too much? It's too much, isn't it?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521185

File: 1502062615400.jpg (50.03 KB, 339x426, download (16).jpg)

>>41521182
>Bolone straightened up once the door to the ship opened, thankful to finally see how his date looked
>and once he did, he couldn't help but stare for a moment

.....

>though he did so with an impressed and pleased smile on his face, so clearly it made a good impression

>at her question, he gave a light chuckle as he approached her

Ehhh, just a bit.

But you are most certainly worth it.

>as he stopped in front of her, he briefly lit up in a flash of pink light

>and once the light faded, his outfit - previously a simple polo shirt and shorts - was now a more formal suit and bow tie to match her outfit

There we go!

Better?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521186

File: 1502063162867.png (229.88 KB, 250x513, thats the plan.png)

>>41521185
>Wendy managed a small smirk once Bolone changed into his own suit
>she placed a hand on her hip, looking at him with a critical eye
Well, if ya' gonna look like a fish outta water, might as well do it with someone else.
>she grins at him
Nice penguin suit, B.

Really brings out the high-roller in ya!
>she reached forward to adjust his bow tie slightly
>then paused, staring at the suit with a raised eyebrow
...

Shouldn't it be pink?
>she asked
Ain't it kinda weird your pink energy can make black clothes? Ya'd think it'd always be pink...
>she then looks at Bolone, continuing with a more jokey tone
Maybe for the best... A pink suit is more style than you can handle right now.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521187

File: 1502063733864.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41521186
>Bolone couldn't help but blush a little as Wendy adjusted his tie, his pleased grin only widening in turn
>though her question did give him a moment's pause, not quite sure how to answer
>since he wasn't totally sure himself of how it worked

.....

>so he opted to joke about it, his grin returning with a more coy look to it


Well, you see...

The trick is that something needs to be pink, but it can be whatever I want.

So just because you can't see it, doesn't mean I'm not wearing pink~

>leaving that implication hanging, he offered his arm to her


Anyway, shall we?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521188

File: 1502064041130.png (153.26 KB, 226x381, dont mind me.png)

>>41521187
>Wendy took Bolone's arm, not showing much of a reaction to his sly comment
>no laughter or blush, Wendy just keeping quiet with a somewhat pensive look on her face
...

...

...

...

It's a dick ring, isn't it?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521189

File: 1502064361010.jpg (44.48 KB, 269x270, tumblr_inline_nhd947yLSw1raysw…)

>>41521188
>Bolone let out a brief snicker at Wendy's remark, before looking at her with a mock incredulous expression

I meant underwear.

>he then adopted a somewhat disappointed look, slowly shaking his head


I swear, you can be so perverted...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521190

File: 1502065373947.png (229.88 KB, 250x513, thats the plan.png)

>>41521189
>Wendy raised an eyebrow, grinning slightly at Bolone
Now he complains!
>she jabbed her elbow at his side a bit forcefully
You were pretty much a complete stranger, and I still brought ya into my humble ship for one hell of a ride... Three, even!

Ya can't expect some dainty, bashful flower from anyone who does that, y'know!
>she chuckles a bit
I'm sure I've got several stories under my own belt that could get your head turnin' a few times!

You ain't the only piece of candy with cherry on their lips, dolly~!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521197

File: 1502070668012.png (219.87 KB, 900x593, download (3).png)

>>41521190
>Bolone had to laugh a bit, especially at Wendy's playful poking, even as he tried to start leading them to their destination
>he really didn't know what she just said, but he got the meaning behind it at least
>and her remark about "stories" earned a slightly disbelieving eyebrow quirked as he regarded her again

Is this a competition now?

Because I don't think you want it to be~

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521198

File: 1502071247617.png (244.66 KB, 253x530, nice to meet you.png)

>>41521197
Oh~?
>Wendy questioned, grinning slyly at Bolone
>by this point, Wendy seemed quite willing to just forget their destination, and subconsciously slowing down their pace to turn right back to her ship
Well, aren't we all haughty today!

As much as you can play "Spacenova", you seem to forget: I work in the underbelliest of seedy underbellies in space!
>Bolone would feel a slight push, almost as if she was already leading him into whatever closest covert area she could find
Ya meet aaaaaall sorts 'a weirdos from all over the place, ya know?

I bet I know things not a one of your sixteen hundred girls have ever even thought of~!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521200

File: 1502072545631.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41521198
>Bolone got the signal that Wendy was sending, and it was at this point that he had to weigh his options
>on the one hand, there was that special event he asked her out on to begin with that they could very well miss
>on the other hand...
>well, it'd happen again at some point in the future, right?

Oh really now?

>still wearing a dubious look on his face, he started letting Wendy lead him to wherever it was she had in mind


I'll have you know I've met a few unusual cases myself!

My experiences from Echidna alone would make most people turn their heads!

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521203

File: 1502074373104.png (277.94 KB, 394x423, see you later.png)

>>41521200
>Wendy hummed, still gently pushing Bolone over to some isolated alley she managed to spot
Is thaaaaaat so~?

Way I see it, ye're a lotta talkin', B.

I think, underneath all that suave-pretty-boy-heartthrob charm, ye're the type to eat a plain biscuit without even dipping it~
>she lets out a playfully hum, but stops for a moment
>suddenly remembering they had come here to actually watch something, she figures a little patience wouldn't hurt

>well...

>it wouldn't hurt her
>it'd definitely hurt him
>and that only made it funnier
But... We can test that theory some other time~
>she tugs at his arm to get him to take the lead once more
We don't wanna be late to the show, right!

What's it called again? "Flan's Taste of Right"? Isn't that some kind of superhero movie?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521211

File: 1502078607485.jpg (17.35 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41521203
>Bolone almost stumbled when Wendy suddenly changed direction, forcing back a groan when she resumed leading them towards the outside of the village

"Fantasy of Light".

>he was still pouting a bit as they began walking along the path towards their destination, the blue grass along the dirt road tickling at their ankles in the cool twilight wind


It's one of those rare natural events that only happens every so often.

Like a solar eclipse or the stars aligning, that sort of thing.

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521381

File: 1502120494698.png (126.69 KB, 238x278, I hear you.png)

>>41521211
Ooooh yeah!
>Wendy chuckled a bit, clearly very amused by his pouting face
Then I guess we should feel pretty lucky we get to be here, huh?
>she pauses and hums
They could probably turn this thing into one of the coolest rave parties in the galaxy, if it's that good.

One'a those real "must-see" events, with lots'a bands playing all night in the lead up to the climatic light show! They could make a ton of money with that!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521403

File: 1502158712964.jpg (39.1 KB, 440x650, Mahou-sensei-negima-336022.jpg)

>>41521381

Well...they probably could, but...

>as the two continued down the path, they would pass by some of the locals heading along the same way

>the figures were incredibly tall and slender, though most of that was obscured by the dark blue robes that they wore, with what looked like silver stars embroidered on it in various patterns
>from what could be seen underneath their hoods, the locals in question had very pale skin, almost completely white, save for the beady black eyes that peered out from their hollow faces
>they didn't seem to be paying much attention to either Wendy or Bolone, just staring ahead at their eventual destination

I dunno, I get the feeling they view this with a bit more reverence than a potential moneymaker.

>Bolone turned back to Wendy and gave a small shrug


Then again...I dunno, maybe no one's ever asked?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521408

File: 1502159859930.png (176.65 KB, 250x344, I dont like it.png)

>>41521403
>Wendy let out a small hum, her thoughts a bit scattered
I guess so...
>there was certainly a bit of a strange look on her face as she considered what Bolone had said
>almost as if she was having a hard time comprehending the natives' reverence of such an event
...
>after a few seconds however, she quickly pushed whatever was on her mind aside
>she smiled slightly as she looked all around them
They could at least put some food stands around, right?

I haven't had a bite to eat since I left port!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521411

File: 1502160881561.jpg (32.29 KB, 356x604, Mahou-sensei-negima-336416.jpg)

>>41521408
>Bolone let out a brief groan as if he just realized something

I should've brought something along before I asked you out here...

>interestingly enough, as they drew closer, the both of them would see other beings from off-planet dotted along the landscape nearby

>many of them seemed to hang back, sitting in the blue grass, with a number of them having food prepared for the event in question
>Bolone looked to Wendy apologetically

I'll buy you something once we're done here, OK?

>by this point, Wendy would get a better look at where they were going

>it looked like a large cave at first, but the lack of any sort of mountain or rock formation around it made it a bit unusual
>more so was that it was hollow, but the inside was covered with prismatic crystals over every square inch, only glistening slightly thanks to the light of the village behind them providing some minute illumination

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521414

File: 1502162025071.png (296.72 KB, 322x536, this isnt mine.png)

>>41521411
>Wendy gave Bolone a pleased smile, showing that she wasn't mad they didn't bring any food
>but that she was very happy he was offering to pay for a meal later
No complaints here!
>she held his arm a bit more tightly
>as they approached the large cave she let out another hum
Looks kinda ominous...
>something about the crystalline nature of the cave's innards put her slightly unease
>especially considering the crowd around them of tall, nearly emotionless and almost faceless robed beings
...
>she glanced back at the other off-worlders that remained on the grass, before turning to Bolone
Is it really OK to go inside...?

What if it's all holy and stuff, and off limits to outsiders? Isn't that how these things tend to work...?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521419

File: 1502164299677.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41521414
>once they had gotten a few steps away from the end of the path, Bolone came to a stop and looked around them
>the robed figures continued their march unabated, but any and all of the off-worlders that had arrived for the ceremony weren't going any further than where Bolone stood

...yeah, we should probably stay back here.

>Bolone then led Wendy off of the path, hoping to find a free patch of grass to sit and enjoy the show


We should still be close enough that we'll see the lights when they come...

>by this point the large cave was stretching far over their heads, and the crystals, while relatively small, were numerous enough that there wasn't any of the inner rock visible

>the robed figures were indeed approaching the inside of the cave themselves, some of them having already gone in

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521423

File: 1502164825102.png (524.5 KB, 515x711, that doesnt sound right.png)

>>41521419
>Wendy simply followed Bolone as he led her someplace that wouldn't get their heads chopped off by heresy, or something to that effect
>she kept looking back over her shoulder, as if expecting the robed figures to be staring judgmentally at them for even coming this close
How is that place supposed to light up, anyway?

I can't see any holes in the ceiling or anything...
>she turns to Bolone with a curious look
Does it come from underground?
>she then starts looking around her at all the other off-worlders
>it seemed clear that, even with this being a fairly public event, she still seemed to feel rather awkward being there for some reason
<"I hope these lights show up soon..."

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521463

File: 1502176175629.jpg (9.59 KB, 200x305, download (15).jpg)

>>41521423
>the variety of off-worlders gathered around the rock formation only briefly paid Wendy and Bolone any mind, glancing at them as they shifted past them to find a spot to sit

I think there's a hole in the back of the cave?

>Bolone eventually came to a stop a fair few paces away from the road, meaning that they would be watching the event from an angle

>he quickly checked the empty spot for anything amiss, brushing at the grass before slowly leading Wendy down to sit

From what I heard...

The light's supposed to come across the horizon, then hit the crystals, and bathe the entire area in light.

>he looked past Wendy briefly as more of the natives of the planet moved towards the cave, a long line of them now visible from where they were sitting


I don't remember hearing anything about this part, though...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521520

File: 1502224930359.png (176.65 KB, 250x344, I dont like it.png)

>>41521463
>Wendy lets out a small hum, taking a seat down on the cold grass
>she wonders how good these lights actually were if they gathered this much attention, but she figured she'd find out soon enough
>she stared at the line of robed figures, a small frown on her face
What do you think they do in there anyway?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521524

File: 1502228404703.jpg (70.25 KB, 712x794, Mahou-sensei-negima-336853.jpg)

>>41521520
>Bolone sort of shrugs as he watches more of the residents make their pilgrimage to the rock formation

I dunno, honestly.

Pray?

>he seemed a bit more curious about it than Wendy was, watching the pale figures gracefully walk along the path


I just heard this was something you couldn't see anywhere else.

Seemed like something...special, you know?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521636

File: 1502269696337.png (153.26 KB, 226x381, dont mind me.png)

>>41521524
>Wendy just hums again, but only so she made some noise
>not that she got much of it, as part of her wondered if Bolone would enjoy this more than she did
>she understood pretty lights and all, but there seemed to be an extra layer to this that escaped her entirely
>but she could just be overthinking things in regards to how Bolone saw this
...
>she frowned slightly as she looked down at the grass, feeling a bit angry at herself
>Bolone clearly went out of his way to find something they could enjoy, yet she kept feeling uncomfortable about all of it
>trying her best to ignore this, she wrapped her arm around Bolone's again, scooting closer and leaning onto him, resting her head on his shoulder
I'm sure it'll be great.
>she manages a small smile
Ten thousand aliens can't be wrong, right?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521655

File: 1502305927533.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41521636
>Bolone turned his attention away from the pilgrimage of locals to focus on Wendy again, smiling back at her as she cuddled up to him
>though he seemed to stare at her for a few seconds too long, as if he was contemplating something
>afterwards, he placed his free hand on her's and wore a more concerned look

Are you alright with this?

If you'd rather we go do something else, I'm fine with that...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521661

File: 1502308576858.png (277.94 KB, 394x423, see you later.png)

>>41521655
...?
>Wendy blinked, bit confused as to what spurred that on
>did her attempt to calm down only make her look more suspicious?
...
>she manages a somewhat shaky smile up at him, quickly shaking her head
No, no! This is totally fine!

It's nice and quiet, and somewhat romantic if you don't mind having a crowd around you with a little sacrilege on the side!
>her smile relaxes slightly
'Sides, we already made it all the way out here, right? Might as well see what all the hubbub is about.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521664

File: 1502311179619.jpg (17.35 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41521661
>Bolone still seemed a little uncertain despite Wendy's reassurances, though he didn't really press the issue
>truthfully, his uncertainty came about less from the event they were participating in, and more from them even being on a "date" at all
>what exactly were they in terms of a relationship?
>Wendy seemed to make it clear she didn't want to be another one of his girlfriends, but obviously they were intimate anyway
>was doing something like this sending a mixed message?
>or was he just over-analyzing it?

>still, he gave her an apologetic smile in the end, getting the feeling that something was up anyway


Yeah, you're right...

You could always pick where we go next time, right?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521759

File: 1502384744566.png (126.69 KB, 238x278, I hear you.png)

>>41521664
>Wendy hummed quietly at the suggestion
>then smiled at him again
Sounds like a plan! I know a couple of places we can check out.
>he hums again to think
I've heard of this amusement park that could be fun. Moron Mountain, I think...
>she shrugs, focusing back onto the cave so she wouldn't miss the light as she rests her head on his shoulder again

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521762

File: 1502389394390.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41521759
>Bolone had to wonder what kind of fun could be had at a place called "Moron Mountain", but he didn't delve into that for now, instead opting to do the same as Wendy and wait for the show to begin

>as time passed and the remainder of the natives gathered within the confines of the rock formation, tiny rays of light would begin to creep over the horizon, indicating that the white star was slowly rising

>it took a few minutes longer, but soon, the star would be visible past the formation, and with the angle the two were on, both Wendy and Bolone would clearly see it
>and then, just as promised, the light would begin to hit the crystals

>the process was slow at first, only some of the crystals at the back beginning to reflect the same light

>but soon, the light seemed to bounce off of each crystal to hit another, the entire formation lighting up in short order
>but then, the light began to expand outwards in multiple colours, soon bathing the entire area before them in a rainbow-coloured wave of light

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41521988

File: 1502476207015.png (134.3 KB, 327x254, impressive.png)

>>41521762
-!
>Wendy jolted slightly once the light began shining outwards from the cave
>she had to shift her head slightly to not look directly at the light coming from the cave
>but the blanket of colors that now covered the landscape, she couldn't deny, was quite beautiful
Woah...

This is a trip, man... It's like we're standin' in a fairy tale book!
>she looked all around her, and even down at herself to try and grasp the full extent of all the colors dancing around her

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522001

File: 1502478791288.jpg (42.98 KB, 225x350, download (20).jpg)

>>41521988
>the coloured light washed over everyone close by, actually making the various beings nearby look different as Wendy looked at them
>they were each just as awed as she was, with more than few of them rather amused at how their own dates looked under the technicolour rays

>Bolone, in turn, was equally amazed by the light show before them, staring wide-eyed as the light shone out from the rock formation

>though not directly into it, given it was a bit blinding
>he instead turned to look at Wendy, and as the light covered her, he couldn't help but grin and snicker a bit at her

Your hair's a bit more pink than usual, Wendy...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522013

File: 1502481539055.png (153.26 KB, 226x381, dont mind me.png)

>>41522001
...?
>Wendy turned to Bolone with a blink
>she moved her eyes up and down to get a look at him, as the pink light danced around him
...

You look about the same, actually.
>she grinned a bit, then focused back onto the pretty lights
I wonder how those guys can stand being in there...
>she wondered if the natives had higher tolerance to bright lights than other races

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522047

File: 1502486460999.jpg (25.53 KB, 600x338, tumblr_n6emm2Uhz91rki51so1_128…)

>>41522013
>oddly enough, after Wendy asked this question, she'd get something resembling an answer
>just as the white star rose off the horizon and hit the back of the formation completely, the denizens within the crystals suddenly shed their robes almost in unison
>their long and slender bodies were now fully on display as they leaned back and spread their arms wide, seemingly bathing in the light of the crystals

>Bolone turned back just in time to see this display, staring in surprise


.....

>then he looked back to Wendy with a cheeky grin


I think they're just fine...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522049

File: 1502486798239.png (469.98 KB, 414x601, this isnt good.png)

>>41522047
...

...

...

...

...

...

...

>Wendy slowly opened her mouth, but paused

...

...
>she turned to Bolone
...does this technically make this an eclipse event?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41522057

File: 1502488201092.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41522049
>before Bolone could give any sort of response to that, the light suddenly grew even stronger
>the reason for this being that now the pale denizens started shining brightly themselves, the light they were bathing in reflecting off of their bodies and causing the intensity of the light to grow
>and while this happened, they began to sing a strange tune
>it was a powerful, operatic song, and even though it wouldn't be understood by anyone there, the sheer emotion behind it was clear
>this was an important, holy event for them, an event that signified a vital change, a means of growth and a time for celebration
>the intensity and excitement of this was clear in their voices, in the strange radiant notes that they expressed as they were awash in the constantly-changing light

>so in a sense, Wendy got her rave party

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524417

File: 1503725520590.jpg (149.63 KB, 1920x1080, J9HIaPD.jpg)

I AM.

>The base shuddered under the impact of the pulse, and he frowned, watching the screens with dispassionate intent, even as his colleagues panicked in front of him.


>He'd never been the sort to panic. It never did any good, especially in times like this. The others thought it was hopeless.


>He knew better.


I AM.

>Another pulse hit, the walls buckling. This was bad, the rate was only increasing, as-


I AM.

>Half the people in the room seemed to vanish, exploding into a deep orange liquid that stank of blood. He adjusted his glasses, nodding to himself. Time for what he'd wanted to avoid doing ever since he arrived.


>Time to talk to God.

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524419

File: 1503726663729.png (157.95 KB, 827x1050, Adam_Artwork.png)

>>41524417
>Nobody stopped him as he made his way outside, what few security staff hadn't been liquified by the rapidly occurring pulses were in no mental state to do their job.

I AM.

>It was warm as he stepped into the night air, the ice planet's water melting at an unprecedented rate.


<Yui would have come up with a thousand theories by-


>No. Wrong time for that. What mattered now was preserving this, preserving the task, preserving his chance to hear those theories himself.


I AM.

>His travel was swift along the melting ice and bare stone, rivers of the orange liquid mingling with the water down from the excavation sites along the mountain's side. A pity. Good workers, all of them.


>And above it all, It stood like a titan, screaming it's cry into the sky, each shout a declaration of something greater, yet... something about it was hollow, like a tinny recording of something long absent.


>As he reached the shattered peak, he stared at the beast, standing in the crater it had made tearing free of it's resting place.


I AM.

>The pulse struck him, tearing at his mind with new ferocity, bringing him to his knees. There was a clank as his hand scraped the rock, metal of his prosthetic scraping through his glove.


NO.

>This declaration was different, as if in a different soundless voice. There was less power to it, but this one was full in ways that defied description, like a soothing blanket compared to the harsh wind of the world.


YOU ARE NOT.

>The giant shuddered, screaming it's declaration.


I AM.

>There was a sound like shattering glass, and the titan buckled, some wall pressing down on it unseen. A crack appeared in the air, glowing and blood red, before repairing itself.
This post was edited by its author on .

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524424

File: 1503728834703.jpg (106.12 KB, 1600x921, sachiel_by_viking_heart-d5w8u2…)

>>41524419
I AM-

>The shout is silenced, the invisible wall bearing down on the giant of light slowly and inexorably as the second figure makes itself known, pushing down with all it's might. The Giant is stronger, but mindless, and Sachiel easily blocks the predictable, savage blows.


YOU ARE NAUGHT BUT AN EMPTY SHELL.

>The giant of light struggles, forced down to it's knees at this point.


i am

>The shout is pitiful, like a trapped animal whimpering for it's mother desperately. Sachiel pauses, something in it's body language showing a deep remorse. Unnoticed by either, the weak pulse it emits knocks Gendo to his knees again.


<Fire crackled around him, his foot burning continuously in the lake of molten stone as he laid across the jagged stone. None of the physical pain really mattered to him, not anymore. Why had Father cast him out? Why, father? Why?


REST. THE TIME WILL COME WHEN YOU ARE NEEDED AGAIN.

>The invisible barrier becomes visible, a bright orange flash filling the air, leaving Gendo blinded by it.


>As his vision returned, so did his focus. The blinding light was gone, the Giant turned dull and grey, laid out across the crater.


>Abruptly, Sachiel turned, the gaze from it's bone-white mask turned upon him.


AND NOW YOU.

CameronCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524428

File: 1503730665842.jpg (Spoiler Image, 1.9 MB, 2090x2909, 835d6f6a0c01edd37d8e54326b2f6b…)

>>41524424
WHY DO YOU SEEK THIS?

>It does not question what or how, it knows exactly why anyone would tamper with it's kin's body. For power. He does not answer, but it knows nonetheless. Here and now, it's will is law.


THIS BODY IS EMPTY AND FLAWED. IT HOLDS NO MAP TO PERFECTION, AND YOU WILL BRING NOTHING BUT SORROW.

>He cannot bring himself to speak for a long moment, the alien emotion still choking his throat, someone else's pain and abandonment.


I FEEL IT WITHIN YOU, MY BROTHER'S MEMORY. GOOD. LET THIS GUIDE YOUR WAY. THE DEAD ARE LOST TO YOU, BUT THERE IS STILL A WAY TO ATTAIN PERFECTION.

"Let me use it."

>His voice rises, shaking at first, but gaining it's usual confidence instantly. His glasses are cracked, his gloves torn, and his clothes and hair are caked with the bloodred liquid, but none of this does a whit to damage his once again impeccable front, even as Sachiel's gaze is almost incredulous.


"SEELE are fools. The Protectorate is waiting for the precise moment to tear them down, and I intend to help them."

WAS IT EVER REALLY YOUR INTENT TO ACCOMPLISH IT?

"Until now, yes. People never gave me enough credit, always thought Yui was the brains. I might not have been the scientist, but..."

>Gendo Ikari pauses, adjusting his glasses once again, the faintest hint of a smug look on his face.


"The scenario has changed, but everything is proceeding just as planned."
This post was edited by its author on .

???!dracSnyjqECountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41524596

File: 1503937347051.png (473.31 KB, 540x693, tumblr_oe2a9fJFyJ1u476dho1_540…)

>>41524419
>>41524424
>>41524428

>"I AM"

>An Echo of a time long ago, but never once forgotten, The Lightbringer's fall.

>They didn't regret it, they doubted they ever would

>Finding out everything was too much for her to stand by and let continue
>The fact their closest brother, Michael, so blindly followed the orders of The Scribe.

>But even years later, even with a merger with another entity, it concerned her. Just what had happened to her original body when they descended even further?


>But she couldn't focus on that now

>She was in the middle of a business meeting, so to speak

>A high school gymnasium, she rolled her eyes a bit, really, who draws summoning circles here of all places? She thought kids were smarter than that by now


>The kid sputtered and stuttered a little in front of the purple haired femenine entity in a black dress


I... I want to be ccuter and be able to be a lot more popular with guys..

Wooooah now, I don't think you appreciate how this whole summoning thing works. Dad's sake, everyone and their cousin thinks they get a wish just because they managed to make my day a little harder by teleporting me to them.

>She lets out a short huff and puts a hand on her hip


I'm not a genie you know! But...

>She grins softly and drafts up a contract forming it in her hand


I think we can make a deal.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533099

File: 1509509478767.jpg (38.47 KB, 225x350, download (17).jpg)

>THE CONTINUED MISADVENTURES OF THE VIOLET LANTERN!

-------------------

>Bolone was no stranger to the heat

>having grown up in a dry desert location for almost his whole life up to this point, he was used to enduring blistering heat, with the sun hanging high in the sky and roasting everything underneath it
>however, that was dry heat
>humid, muggy heat was an entirely different sort of torture

>even when the sun had gone down and the stars were out - in a dark green sky, no less - the heat still hung in the air

>like a layer of fog into itself, it clung to his body, sinking into his skin and draining him of energy
>and the rising heat coming from the murky water nearby only made things worse, like he had stepped into a sauna inside of an oven
>he slowly made his way through the twisted and decrepit trees of the swamp around him, trying to ignore that the water nearby was bubbling and spewing gas every minute or so, or that it was even greener than the sky above him
>he wasn't sure why he was brought to this location exactly, or why he wound up dropped so far from civilization
>but not being diligent with ring-charging will do that to someone

>thankfully, as he emerged from behind another tree, he finally saw the first sign of civilization

>it was a small village, the buildings being made of wood as old as the trees around them, and only a handful of them in plain sight, but it was enough for Bolone

Thank God...

>and so he wandered forward, his lantern in his arms, as he entered the town itself

>and right away he began looking for some sort of hotel or bar to stop off in, if only to get some much-needed hydration

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533101

>>41533099
>the Lantern's entrance into the small village had not gone unnoticed by its inhabitants
>their reactions were far from uncommon, watching the newcomer with some suspicion

>the inhabitants of the swamp village were all around as tall as Bolone himself was, although slightly hunched over

>they wore long robes of red and brown colors, which covered up very pale and fat bodies
>there was a hint of fish-like traits on the swamp people, although they maintained a very human appearance
>the children of the village, however, kept their faces hidden with ornate and colorful masks, bearing wide wooden teeth and often grotesque caricatures of animal faces

>the village itself was remarkably nondescript, but curiously, there were lanterns littered around the place

>each lantern was lit with different colored fires, giving the village a very colorful and festive look
>although none of the villagers seemed to be in a festive mood, and simply toiled away at whatever work they might be doing at that time
>only the children seemed to be having any fun, showing off their masks to one another, or engaging in swordplay with sticks and roots
>all in all, a very strange atmosphere surrounding the village

>and what's worse, there didn't seem to be any sort of hotel or bar to speak of for weary travelers

>instead, there was one very small booth located near the center of the village
>a single chubby man dressed in a dirty red robe sat behind the booth, selling a sweet-smelling red liquid
>while his eyes narrowed at Bolone when he first saw the traveler, he seemed like one of the villagers who were least perturbed by his presence
WANDEREEEEEEEEEER!
>as indicated by his sudden yell towards Bolone
Ye seem tired and yer sweat could fill an empty riverbed! Ye look like someone that could use a drink!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533102

File: 1509511724066.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41533101
>though Bolone was tired from his journey, he still took a moment or two to get a proper idea of the people around him
>he didn't find them all that unusual, of course, long since used to what would be considered truly odd in the universe
>and they seemed pretty much harmless to boot, even if they were giving him odd looks as he wandered through
>he considered asking them for directions, but given those looks he was receiving it probably wouldn't go well

>he did wonder just what sort of festival was going on as he watched the children run by him, adorned in creepy masks

>the differently-coloured lanterns gave the village a strange ambiance, but not necessarily a threatening or scary one
>it felt more like a game of some sort, a huge play put on for the younger folk taking part in the festivities

>thankfully what Bolone was really looking for would soon be visible, and once the man behind the booth called to him, he wasted little time in approaching him


Yes sir, I most certainly am...

>he spoke with a relieved voice, feeling very much like someone who'd wandered for days only to find an oasis at the last possible moment

>he came to a stop before the booth, lantern still clutched in his arms as he spoke

Please, I really just need some water...

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533104

>>41533102
>the man wasted little time in picking up a jug of the red liquid, along with a glass
Naw, naw... Ye don't want the water 'round here, wanderer.

It'll give ya the runs so quickly, ye risk losing yer stomach if ye ain't got enough food inside.
>he pours the red liquid inside the cup, and hands it over to Bolone
>the liquid itself looked perfectly normal, not much different than water besides its coloration and sweet scent
Here. Some shroom juice, on the house.

Only thing guaranteed to be safe to drink in the swamp. Got a bit of a kick at first, but ye seem healthy enough to take it.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533105

File: 1509512897874.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41533104
>Bolone had to naturally be a bit hesitant at the term "shroom juice"
>something like that could only be a safe substance to drink and have no ill effects in it whatsoever!
>but he was hardly in a position to be picky, so he took the cup with a grateful nod and began drinking
>thankfully, it only tasted like cheap wine, and if there was alcohol in it it wasn't very noticeable
>so he quickly downed the red substance, letting out an exhale after he finished and putting the cup back down

I really needed that...

>he smiled gratefully at the man, ignoring for the moment the possibility that he'd been drugged and was seconds away from one hell of a trip


Thank you sir, you're a lifesaver!

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533107

>>41533105
Just doing me job, wanderer.

Not often we get yer kind 'round these parts, and ma' always said to be kind to strangers.
>he paused for just a second, before quickly adding
Although, ye're only a stranger once, so next cup's gonna cost ye.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533113

File: 1509514312422.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41533107
>Bolone let out a slight chuckle at that, taking the man's obvious sales pitch in stride

Hey, a man needs to make a living...

>he fished into his beaten-up short pockets and pulled out a few shanix, soon placing them on the bar of the booth before looking back the way he came, watching the children running about


So what exactly is going on here, if you don't mind my asking?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533116

>>41533113
>the strange man was quick to pour a second glass
Don't mind at all, although it's far from a gleeful story I'm afraid.
>he places the glass down for Bolone before continuing
Ye came 'round during-
>he pauses, and cautiously glances around himself
...
>then leans in slightly, speaking in a more hushed tone
Ye came during the Night of Feast, wanderer.
>he then straightened up again to resume speaking normally
Not the best of nights to come sightseeing, on account of all the creatures that rise on this day.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533118

File: 1509516033640.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41533116
>Bolone had already started drinking the second glass when the man began his explanation, pausing when he did
>he was left staring somewhat confusedly as he went on, the "Night of Feast" name lingering in his mind for a moment
>he swallowed the mouthful of drink he had, not sure if the salesman was putting him on or was serious
>but he proceeded with an amused doubtful tone, still smiling slightly when he answered him

You don't say...?

>he looked around the immediate area again, then back to him, trying to appeared relaxed and confident


Well, I walked through a swampy area to get here, and I didn't see anything "rising"...

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533119

>>41533118
Well of course not!
>the man quickly answered
Ye should be safe, what with yer colorful head of hair and that pink lantern in yer arms.
>he pointed at the battery, then motioned around them at their own lanterns
The demons, you see, they don't like colors! The more colorful something is, the more it pains them!

That's why we give the young ones their masks, to frighten away the beasts from taking them when we're not looking.
>he points at Bolone
If ye were wearing all black? Ye'd be dead not ten minutes into the night.

And now, as the moon rises in the sky, so does their strength! Soon the Night Empress will rise from her grave, and prowl the swamp for food!
>he points at the Battery again
Even yer lantern won't be of much use against her, should you plan on heading out again.

Ye need at least two!
>and he quickly reached down under his booth, pulling out a pair of lanterns for sale, one red and the other yellow

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533120

File: 1509517318058.jpg (32.29 KB, 356x604, Mahou-sensei-negima-336416.jpg)

>>41533119

<"Ahhhhh, so that's the angle."


>maybe there was some truth to what the man was saying, but clearly he was trying to sell him more stuff

>which he didn't really have the shanix for, or so he assumed
>plus neither of the options were at all appealing to him, though for reasons the man wouldn't understand

Ahh, well, I don't think I need to worry about that.

>he held up the pink lantern for the man to properly see, patting the top of it as he did


I'm sure this one will protect me on its own.

It's a pretty special lantern, you know...

>if the man was paying close enough attention, he'd see a ring hovering within the lantern itself, while the flames glowed softly

>but Bolone would soon lower the lantern, regarding the man with a more curious look

But now I'm wondering about this "Night Empress".

What does she look like? Why is she out hunting for food?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533122

>>41533120
>the man didn't look too disappointed at Bolone's disinterest in his lanterns, only shrugging his shoulders and storing them back where they were
>he leaned in slightly to get a good look at the Battery, but wrote off the ring inside as some fancy art piece
>at the question, he didn't have a problem answering
Ye'd best be asking me what death itself looked like, wanderer! Few are those who have seen the Night Empress and lived to tell of her gruesome appearance!

She wears the night itself as her gown, and her long hair is made entirely out of shadows! No light or sound can escape her presence, making her a pure black hole moving across the swamp!

And on the Night of-
>he pauses again, looking around himself
And on the Night of Feast...
>he quietly added, before resuming to speak normally
She hunts for prey to feed her dark brood! Unlike the Empress, they haunt these swamps all year round, but they're still young and frail, and rely on the Empress to bring them their food.

Until the day they are just as big and strong as their terrifying mother, and take over the night themselves!
>he shakes his head slightly
For generations, our village has been tormented by these ghouls of the shadows, with no one able to free us from these nightmares.

It's always "there is no proof of this or that", or they tell you they killed them until you find out you've been tricked, and they've ran off with all yer money!
>he scoffs, then spits on the ground
I spit on their shoes!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533130

File: 1509550588346.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41533122
>the story itself sounded like a typical spooky story, meant to creep out travelers and children
>but when the man brought up actually asking outsiders for help, Bolone began to take it a bit more seriously, his bemused smile turning into a slight frown
>if this man was telling the entire truth, then the situation was far more serious than he thought
>the fact that he wasn't still trying to sell him a lantern helped the idea that he was being more honest than he first seemed

...well...

If it's help you need, I could give it a try?

Where does this Empress usually appear?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533132

>>41533130
>the man blinked, left staring at Bolone for a few seconds
No offense, wanderer, but ye don't like ye could ward off a cold, let alone the Night Empress!
>he scratches his chin in thought
Maybe on some other night of the year, but certainly not on the Night of Feast where-

THE NIGHT OF FEEEEAAAAAAST!
>suddenly a second figure emerged from behind the booth from a hole, shoving the cloaked man aside
>the new figure was an old woman in a red cloak, skinnier and paler than the man, with her own colorful mask being worn around her neck

>the chubby man, having be squished against the walls of his booth by her sudden appearance, just lets out a groan

Doggone it, Ma'...

>the old woman ignored him, focusing solely on Bolone

Heeeeed! HEEEEEEEEED THIS WARNING FROM THE DAMNED, CHILD!

The swamp is alive with the sound of screams, as its ancient denizens stalk the land! Trust not yer eyes for nothing's what it seems, when the midnight hour is close at hand!

Ghouls and demons inhabit every shadow, slobbering with hunger as they search for their next meal! Take with you this-

>she suddenly places on the counter a colorful statues of a bird
The watchful gaze of a sparrow! It will protect you so your life they don't steal!

But if it's the Empress you seek, then no object will suffice! The Devil itself cowers before such a heinous beast!

>she held up three fingers
To ward off the Empress, utter this sentence thrice: "The night is banished once the Sun rises from the east!"

But even this you mustn't rely on forever, for the Empress is clever! Once she realizes your deception, she'll gorge on your body like carrion!

>she then quickly places a golden fork on the counter
You must pierce her eyes with gold, as was foretold in the tales of old! Only then will her power diminish, and her life ripe for you to finish!

But beware, child, beware! The Empress, ancient beyond belief, is not unaware! Far older than you or I, her tricks are as endless as the sky is high!

>she then pointed out where a large tree could be made out from the village
>it wasn't her to spot, seeing how it rose higher than anything else in the swamp
Beneath the great tree lies the animal you seek! Steel your nerves and slay this wretched beast! But beware, lest your soul she take to keep...

On this cursed night... THE NIGHT OF FEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAST! Feeeeeeaaaaaast! Feeeeeeaaaast... Feeeeeeeaaaaaaaast...

>she finished her speech, slowly descending behind the counter again, and back down the hole she rose from

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533134

File: 1509556014602.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41533132

-?!

>Bolone moved back after the woman suddenly burst up from the floor, obviously unprepared for her appearance

>he was left to watch and listen with a stunned look on his face, not wanting to interrupt her when she was on a roll, and not sure how he could even if he wanted to
>still, he made sure to pay attention to what she was saying, looking at each object as she places it on the counter
>then, as she slowly moved back down under the booth, he leaned forward to watch her go, until she disappeared into the darkness

.....

>he then looked up at the man in question, again managing an awkward smile


So...

How many other people have tried this?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533135

>>41533134
>the man just glared down the hole, not too happy with his mother butting into the conversation like that
>but he turns to Bolone, quickly answering his question
Ye'd be the seventh if ye tried.

Which I wouldn't recommend, but I won't stop ye either.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533136

File: 1509557742816.jpg (20.58 KB, 171x552, Mahou-sensei-negima-337063.jpg)

>>41533135
>after a moment's consideration, Bolone seemed to become more confident

Well, seven is a lucky number...

>he then turned his attention to his lantern, turning it so he could look at it


Besides, there might be more to this Night Empress than you might think...

>he then stuck his hand into it, only to fish out his ring and slip it back on his finger


I mean, if not that many have even seen her, maybe there's something that people don't know about her.

Maybe she can even be reasoned with?

>unaware of how odd the action looked, Bolone looked back to the counter, picking up his half-finished drink


Yeah, maybe I can just talk to her and see what her deal is.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533137

>>41533136
>the man just gave Bolone a very confused look
>both for him fishing out the ring from inside the lantern, and for his assumptions over the Night Empress
...

...

>but shrugged his shoulders

Ye can give her a new summer home for all I care, as long as she leaves the swamp!

It's yer choice, but Ma' always says "while ye might be able to reason with somebody, ye can definitely stab them in the head and be done with it". And she used to be a judge, so she knows what she's talking about!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533138

File: 1509558988096.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533137
>Bolone had to fear for any poor soul that was convicted in this town

Well, I've found I can be very persuasive~

>he finished his drink and placed the glass down, then picked up the sparrow statue and golden fork that the woman had left behind


Might not even need these, but just in case...

>and now fully prepared, he turned and began walking towards the tree in the distance

>though he did look over his shoulder and call back

I'll return as soon as possible with the good news!

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533140

>>41533138
Best of luck in not dying in horrible agony, wanderer!
>the man shouted back at Bolone
>true to his word, he had no intention of actually stopping him from heading back out into the swamp

>the journey, as Bolone may have expected, was entirely uneventful

>even as the night grew thicker and the shadows stronger, there wasn't an inkling of any demonic beings or gruesome creatures
>maybe the townspeople were right, and they were simply frightened by Bolone's burning hair and the Violet Battery
>or maybe it was nothing more than superstitions, and the swamp was home to nothing more than ordinary animals

>however, once Bolone had reached a wide clearing in the swamp, there seemed to be some truth to the tales at least

>the trees opened up to reveal a very large circular lake, a small island sitting in the middle where the great tree sprouted from
>and on that island was a house

>bulbous, the large construct somewhat resembled a chestnut

>but besides that, the two-story house was relatively normal looking
>there was a small garden next to the house, with an enclosure where chickens waddled around and prepared to enter their coop for the night
>there was a faint light coming from inside the house, possibly indicating someone inside
>the only way in and out of the island was a long wooden bridge that went over the lake, and lead directly to the front gate

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533143

File: 1509562085858.gif (857.51 KB, 475x232, tumblr_m2p97w3OIE1qj427wo1_500…)

>>41533140
>as Bolone made his way further into the dark night, he felt he should've gone for another drink, as he was starting to feel the heat drain him all over again
>he probably should've spent the extra money on something to take with him, at the very least
>now here he was, wandering through more sticky and humid swampland, he was starting to regret his decision to find this "Night Empress" or whoever it was

>the fact that nothing was really happening didn't help much as he moved on

>sure, it meant he wasn't exerting more energy than he needed to
>but it just left him wondering more and more what was really going on around here, and just what he needed to be ready for

>when he soon found the house in the clearing, he wasn't too worried about whether or not the Empress lived there

>he just wanted some relief from this oppressive, clinging heat
>so with little regard for his surroundings, he started heading across the bridge, hoping whoever was inside could at least help refresh him all over again

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533144

>>41533143
>as Bolone crossed the bridge... nothing happened either
>once he reached the island the front gate would already have been left slightly ajar, so it too proved no obstacle for him
>the house up close seemed very carefully maintained, having been repainted very recently by the looks of it
>there was a string next to the door marked by a red ribbon, working as the doorbell for the rustic swamp house
>with Bolone's approach, some of the chicken that were still outside seemed curious towards the stranger, approaching their fence to cluck at him

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533146

File: 1509564715868.jpg (25.53 KB, 600x338, tumblr_n6emm2Uhz91rki51so1_128…)

>>41533144
>paying little to no attention to the chickens outside the house, Bolone simply made his way to the front door, almost dragging himself along like a zombie
>he was a bit surprised when he got a better look at it, expecting it to be broken down or old in some way, but it looked pretty well-kept
>seemed more and more like the story had been exaggerated just a bit, either intentionally or not
>but at that moment, all Bolone really wanted was to get inside
>so, seeing the red ribbon, he reached up and lightly tugged on it, hoping the answer would be swift

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533148

File: 1509566298834.png (Spoiler Image, 254.47 KB, 690x493, Im here.png)

>>41533146
>a small bell rung inside the house, somewhat audible from the outside
>if anyone was inside, surely they'd hear it

>and it wasn't long before Bolone heard some light shuffling approach the door

>there were some noises of hatches being unlocked, the door clearly kept tightly shut
>until, finally, the door is opened by a slender figure clad in very dark clothes, staring down at Bolone
>her eyes were just as black as the clothes she wore, the effect amplified by what was either makeup, or just incredibly heavy bag over them due to a lack of sleep
What?
>she coldly asks to the traveler on her doorstep

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533150

File: 1509567779134.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533148

.....

>hardly the monstrous being he'd been led to believe lived there

>Bolone gave the woman a friendly smile, even as he was trying to keep himself from leaning on the doorway from how listless he was

Good evening!

I was traveling through the swamp and I'm absolutely parched, and I really just need a place to sit down for a bit...

May I please come in?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533156

File: 1509568469214.png (96.8 KB, 320x240, go away.png)

>>41533150
>the darkly clad young woman stared at Bolone for a few seconds with an impossible to read expression
...

...

No.
>and the door is slammed right on the Lantern's face
>the chickens cluck in surprise, quickly scattering around their enclosure

>while Bolone was left in silence out in the dark, he'd hear some noise coming from inside the house

>it seemed as if two voices were having a slight argument, possibly over what had just transpired

>eventually, the shuffling returned to the door

>the cloaked woman opened the door again, a frown on her face as she didn't seem very happy
Get in.
>she cold invited him, quickly turning without really waiting for Bolone as she moved the hood of her cape over her head
>inside, the environment was remarkably homely and normal, the house being simply... normal in almost every way
>the front door leads into a large open lounge room, with a few comfy chairs and couches and hundreds of books lining the shelves along the walls
>there were a few lamps dotted about the room, their light slightly dimmer than your average light bulb, which gave the main room the effect of being lit by fireplace without actually having a fire
>there was a small coffee table in the center with a book rested on top of it, and various paintings of the swamp on whatever empty space they could fit on the walls
>in the back, there was an archway that led into the kitchen, and strangely there seemed to be no stairs that led into the second story of the house

>the young woman that had answered the door simply returned to the book on the coffee table

>she picked up and sat on the floor, seemingly ignoring her house guest as soon as she invited him

>continued...

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533159

File: 1509568988654.png (786.04 KB, 415x972, so tiny and pathetic.png)

>>41533156
>>41533150
>but it seemed like the young woman didn't live alone in the house
>a second woman in black appeared from the kitchen, letting out a slight huff as she noticed her daughter simply ignore their guest
>much taller than her, her clothes somehow even darker as well, the woman in black also made much more of an effort to be inviting for the weary traveler
>she put on a pleasant smile, taking a few steps into the lounge
Good evening! Do come in!

I do apologize for my daughter, she can be a bit shy towards strangers~
>this elicited a slight groan from the cloaked girl
>the woman in black bowed slightly towards her guest
You look absolutely exhausted, child! But on such a dreadful night, who wouldn't. It's an oven out there!
>curiously, the house itself was remarkably cooler compared to the outside
Come, come~! We can spare something to eat and drink! I as the city-folk say... "our house is your house"!
>she seemed rather please to finally be able to say that

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533167

File: 1509571741380.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41533156

.....

>he probably should've expected that

>most people wouldn't just let random strangers into their homes, especially if they lived out in the middle of nowhere in a swamp
>who knew what sort of unsavory characters could make their way there?

>he heard the noises coming from inside, wondering who she could be talking to, before the door opened again and he was allowed in

>Bolone was a bit surprised at the sudden change of heart, but he wasn't going to question it, wandering in as soon as he was able to

>Bolone was even more confused when he saw the inside of the house, given it was so...normal

>he had figured it would at least more closely resemble the swampy area around them, or feel more rustic and old than it did
>not that he had any problems with that, feeling a lot more relaxed once he was safely inside

>>41533159
>and he certainly felt more welcome when he saw the other woman in the house, his grateful smile widening
>her daughter was certainly lovely too, but this woman was a lot friendlier, which helped
>he returned the bow with one of his own, speaking in a thankful tone afterwards

Thank you very much, ma'am. I am in your debt.

I'm Bolone. What might I call you, ma'am?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533168

File: 1509572476059.png (1.79 MB, 640x1583, just dropping by.png)

>>41533167
>the woman chuckled a little, bowing slightly
Please, there are no debts needed here! I am merely offering my help!
>at Bolone's question, the woman seemed to pause in thought
>there was a very noticeable moment of silence as she almost seemed to be trying to remember her name
I am... Bareeh! I pleasure to meet you, Sir Bolone!
>she then motioned for him to follow while she headed to the kitchen
Come, come! You showed up just as we finished our supper, and there are plenty of leftovers!
>whether Bolone noticed it or not, the door behind him would have already closed...

>inside, the kitchen was, once again, a perfectly normal kitchen one would expect to find in a country home

>it lacked any modern amenities, of course: the stove was still lit with wood and kindle for instance, and they needed to store water in a separate container due to a lack of plumbing

>the dinner table was still partially set, clearly in the middle of being cleaned

>there were three seats set up, and in the middle stood the remaining pieces of a delicious looking turkey or very large chicken
>there was also yet another container for drinking water, presumably

>Bareeh had quickly gone to fetch another plate and set of utensils, placing them down on the table

>but she wasn't alone in the kitchen
>continued...

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533175

File: 1509579817123.png (154.19 KB, 400x300, but why.png)

>>41533168
>>41533167
>washing the dishes was another young woman, this one wearing just as much black as the other two

>Bareeh quickly introduced the two

Sir Bolone, this is my youngest daughter, Sphynx. You have already met Kuza in the other room, of course.

>the girl turned to Bolone, but quickly turned away to focus on washing the dishes

>although the very noticeable red flush that appeared on her cheeks just before she turned showed this wasn't out of rudeness like her sister

>Bareeh simply kept her jovial and welcoming nature, setting down Bolone's plate

Have a seat and eat all you want~! There's no use leaving all of this go to waste!
>she picks up the container, and starts pouring a green-tinted liquid onto Bolone's cup

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533178

File: 1509581755098.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41533168
>Bolone did notice the oddly lengthy pause before Bareeh gave her name, not really sure what to make of that
>but given she didn't seem to be threatening at all, he didn't let that stay with him much
>unaware that the door closed behind him, Bolone followed Bareeh into the kitchen, somehow able to not focus on the fact that she was wearing skintight black clothing
>likely due to how worn out he was

>once inside the kitchen, his eyes were naturally drawn to the platter of meat before him


>>41533175
>at least until Bareeh introduced her second daughter, focusing on her instead
>he couldn't help but ask himself what the reason was for the tight black outfits, if only to not think about what was underneath them for a moment

>Bareeh inviting him to sit was an offer he immediately took, making himself comfortable in short order


Thank you very much, Miss Bareeh!

>and he soon began carefully loading up his plate with food, his mission temporarily forgotten

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533181

File: 1509583715694.png (679.33 KB, 269x1217, pleased by this.png)

>>41533178
>pleased to see her guest dig in to the food, Bareeh's smile grew
>she slid over a chair for herself, taking a seat on the opposite end of the table to Bolone
I must say, this was quite the surprise! It's not often we get travelers in this swamp, let alone those who manage to come across our humble abode.
>she lets out a small sigh
It does get quite lonesome sometimes, as you can imagine.

But!
>she slaps her hands together, turning cheerful once more
That only makes the few visits we do get all the more special~!

So please, if I'm not prying in on your affairs, what journeys bring you out here to the middle of nowhere, Sir Bolone?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533199

File: 1509590394204.jpg (70.25 KB, 712x794, Mahou-sensei-negima-336853.jpg)

>>41533181
>Bolone had already begun eating some of the chicken/turkey/turken by the time Bareeh sat down, taking his time and taking tiny bites of each piece
>he wasn't surprised to find out that Bareeh and her daughters were all alone in the swamp, given both the reputation of this place and the isolation
>a part of his brain wondered just how lonely Bareeh was, but he ignored that part to remain polite
>though he didn't see any sign of a Mr. Bareeh anywhere...

>at her question, Bolone finished chewing and cleared his throat, speaking in a jovial and relaxed tone


Oh, well, funny story...

I had wandered into the local village when they were having this celebration called "Night of Feast". One of the folks there told me this story about the "Night Empress", who was creating monsters who prey on the townsfolk if they wandered out into the swamp.

I thought it was just a story, but apparently people have gone looking for this Empress, and I thought I should give it a try too.

And I found your place while I was out looking for her!

>of course Bolone knew that this was the place the old woman had pointed out, but he didn't want to go and accuse Bareeh of anything

>not without knowing the whole story yet

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533208

File: 1509591671655.png (278.61 KB, 441x394, what are you looking at.png)

>>41533199
>the cooked foul tasted remarkably delicious, clearly being prepared with plenty of care
>its taste did little to identify just what type of bird it was, however, as it didn't taste as either a chicken or a turkey
>the green water, meanwhile, tasted more like apple juice rather than the cheap wine that the red one in the village did

>as Bolone recounted the events that led him to the house, Bareeh didn't seem to react to it

>she just seemed far too happy Bolone was enjoying the food
>Sphynx, however, had a slight pause while she scrubbed the dishes, glancing over her shoulder at her mother

>Bareeh, however, only kept talking with the same jovial tone

My, was that tonight? Such a shame I missed it!

I do love the lights that come from those lanterns. They turn the swamp into such a dazzling, dream-like scenery...
>she giggles a bit, before filling her own cup with some of the apple-tasting water
Ah yes... The Night Empress... There's a story I haven't heard in a long, long time...

I'm a little surprised they still tell it...
>she took a sip of water, but quickly keeps going
Well, I'm afraid to disappoint someone like you, Sir Bolone, but there is no Night Empress around these parts.

>from the lounge, the cloaked Kuza grumbled quietly:

Not anymore...

>but Bareeh simply continued

I'm sure the villagers all believe they're in danger, but the only man-eating creatures roaming this swamp nowadays are your common gorillagators. Terrifying for sure, but hardly demonic or supernatural.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533211

File: 1509593660577.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41533208
>Bolone didn't really notice either Sphynx's nor Kuza's responses, even though he did hear the latter say something from the other room
>he kept his attention on Bareeh, and after her explanation of the truth behind the legend, he let out an airy sigh

See, I thought something was up...

>he took a short drink of the green liquid, noting the fruity taste to it, then continued on


I mean, with all the kids running around in masks, and the lanterns all lit, it fit the right mood for a spooky story, you know?

The whole time I was being told the story I was sure it was just some old legend that got embellished over time, like they always do.

>he started cutting some of the fowl on his plate, still speaking in a completely casual tone


Granted, the guy I was talking to said people had been hired to go find this Empress, so I thought there was some validity to it...

>he then looked back up at Bareeh with the same light smile


But he said half of them just conned them out of money, and the other half disappeared.

So I guess they just left without saying anything?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533215

File: 1509594561558.png (186.57 KB, 400x300, dont be mad.png)

>>41533211
>Barreh simply slowly nods her head as Bolone speaks, her smile never leaving her face
It is entirely possible.

There are always those willing to profit off the fears of others, after all.
>she shrugs her shoulders slightly
I do agree that the Night of Feast should be a happier occasion. The children always look so excited with their little masks on!
>she giggled slightly, looking over to Sphynx who kept silently washing the dishes
Reminds me of my own back when they were little babies... I suppose now they're my big babies~!

>Sphynx flinched slightly at the comment

>turning her head with a slight blush, she clearly a little embarrassed at being called that in front of a stranger
M-Mom...!
>was all she said in protest

>Bareeh just giggled a bit more, but quickly apologized

I'm sorry, honey! I can't help it sometimes~!
>she turned back to Bolone, leaning on the table
But who knows? Perhaps someday the children of that village will build new traditions and memories beyond the initial meaning of this night! Ideas always change after all!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533216

File: 1509596222798.jpg (10.92 KB, 225x272, download (10).jpg)

>>41533215
>Bolone couldn't help but let out a chuckle of his own at poor Sphynx's embarrassment, though he tried to quash it quickly so as to not prolong her feeling on the matter
>he nodded at Bareeh's suggestion, now fully confident that everything was fine

I'm sure that you're right!

And once I go back and tell them that there isn't an Empress, that'll probably help that change along!

>Bolone paused to sample some more of his meal, content with the knowledge that this was all a big misunderstanding, before opting to change the subject


So what do you guys do out here, anyway?

Do you ever go down to the village to socialize or anything?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533221

File: 1509597620298.png (343.79 KB, 347x643, whats that.png)

>>41533216
>the question brought out a light sigh from Bareeh
Not much, I'm afraid.
>she hesitated for a second, as if unsure if she should unload her problems onto him
>but ultimately seemed to decide to just go ahead with it
My health doesn't allow me to stray very far from our home, you see. My finest years have long since passed, and age is only kind to a select few.

The swamp offers the silence to rest my woes. Even though it gets too silent most of the times, it is a necessary torment...
>she brought back her smile, motioning to Sphynx
Thankfully, I have two wonderful daughters who help take care of me. As much as it pains me to eat away at their own lives like this...

>Sphynx let out a small sigh of her own

M-Mom, stop that...! We're here because we want to help, you know that...

>Bareeh quickly lifted her hands apologetically

I'm sorry, honey! I know that, and I adore the both of you for being so wonderful!
>she sighs
Your mother just has her dramatic moments now and again! It's the old habits kicking back up, I'm sorry~

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533222

File: 1509598371462.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41533221
>Bolone was more than a bit confused after hearing that, Bareeh's explanation not entirely lining up
>while he could understand her being in poor health, the mention of her "finest years" having passed didn't quite make sense
>if he had been asked he would've said she was still in her thirties - mid-thirties at the latest
>yet she sounded like she was twice that

>still, bringing that up might be rude, so he opted to leave it, instead focusing on the other part


I'm sorry to hear that, Miss Bareeh...

>he was genuinely concerned about that, especially since he couldn't immediately see just what the problem was


If you don't mind my asking, what is the issue exactly?

I could find a doctor back at the village and get them to help, if you like?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533226

File: 1509599183741.png (37.52 KB, 126x162, books are friends.png)

>>41533222
>Kuza quickly interjected from the living room
>despite keeping a very cold tone, she seemed slightly more blunt than usual, as might be expected from approaching such a heavy topic
You can't cure dying.

>Bareeh sighed, giving Bolone an apologetic look for Kuza's bluntness

I'm thankful for your concern, Sir Bolone, I don't think there's anyone capable of helping me.
>she shrugs her shoulders
It's just the way it is. I've had plenty of good years behind me, raised two beautiful daughters, and now my horizon approaches.
>she spins the glass in her hands, before letting out a short giggle at the look on his face
I'm sure my dramatic spiel might sound confusing for you... Let's just say, we age quite gracefully~!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533228

File: 1509600024060.jpg (21.36 KB, 161x147, tumblr_inline_nhd93mMwhU1raysw…)

>>41533226
>Bolone jolted at Kuza's response, looking over in her direction with a shocked expression before looking back to Bareeh herself
>it was one thing for her to be older than she appeared, but for her to be dying?
>how could that be possible, she seemed perfectly healthy!

>he was still mostly in shock after hearing that, but he sounded much more regretful when he spoke again


I'm...I'm very sorry to hear that, ma'am...

>there wasn't really much left that he could say to that

>he was still trying to process how it was even possible that this woman was dying to begin with, much less come to terms with it

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533231

File: 1509600850214.png (786.04 KB, 415x972, so tiny and pathetic.png)

>>41533228
>Bareeh blinks, but smiles brightly towards Bolone
It's quite alright, Sir Bolone! I'm the one who should be sorry for bringing such gloomy things up!
>she sat up straight, placing a hand over her chest as she took on a more confident tone
My health is still far from fully gone, and I have many more years ahead of me~!

When the time comes it shall come, but until then, I have no need for tears!
>she then pauses, letting out a slight sigh as she looks away towards the ceiling
Although it would be nice to finally get a grandchild or two...

>a comment which immediately elicited loud groaning and sighing from Kuza and Sphynx

M-Mother...

Wow, Mom, why don't you try hitting even lower with that guilt.

>Bareeh playfully chortled, quickly raising her hands apologetically

Sorry, sorry~! Your mother couldn't help herself!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533233

File: 1509603004962.png (162.09 KB, 500x367, tumblr_lwu15t3c7u1qk9c78o1_500…)

>>41533231
>Bolone couldn't help but wince sympathetically a bit at Sphynx's and Kuza's collective embarrassment at that last remark
>and it put him in a bit of an awkward position as he really wasn't sure what to say to that
>that one nagging part of his brain told him to make a joke about him helping with that problem, but that would kill the mood even more, and he had to retain some good taste here
>so as he sipped the green fruity juice and Bareeh teased her daughters, he desperately tried to think of another subject to change to
>just about anything other than this would be good

So...um...

>he focused primarily on Bareeh, hoping that'd provide her daughters with some relief


What about your, ah...husband?

Where is he?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533242

File: 1509645967082.png (679.33 KB, 269x1217, pleased by this.png)

>>41533233
Husband?
>Bareeh quickly giggled at this, waving her hand dismissively
Never had one, never needed one!

Sure, men came and went over the decades, but none ever lasted long.
>she lets out another giggle
My golden days were... quite the wild ride, if I may say so~!

>despite the conversation, Sphynx and Kuza didn't make much noise in response

>Sphynx finished up the dishes, leaving them to dry before starting to clean up the counter

>Bareeh simply continued

But once my daughters were born, I decided to leave the active lifestyle. It was... growing too tiring, and I just wanted some peace and quiet to take care of my babies.

I left behind a lot of friends, and a lot of friends left me behind because of this choice, but I don't regret it. The wild nights out on the prowl were fun, of course, but seeing my daughters grow as strong and healthy as they have is much more fulfilling.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533243

File: 1509650047826.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41533242
>Bolone was naturally far more curious about Bareeh's "golden days", given the implications there
>he would certainly ask for details, but with her daughters there it seemed very impolite
>though oddly enough, they didn't seem too perturbed by the subject matter - stranger still since they were embarrassed by the other things she was saying
>apparently that sort of thing was just normal for their family?

>his face was slightly pink as he dwelt a bit on this in his head, before composing himself and responding in a slightly concerned tone


But don't any of them come to visit you?

Your friends, or any of these men that you met? Just to keep you company or catch up?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533247

File: 1509651839772.png (278.61 KB, 441x394, what are you looking at.png)

>>41533243
>Bareeh shook her head
Not anymore, no.

My family, friends... their time has come for them already. I am one of the last of my generation, and the others... we never quite got along.

As for all the men I met along the way, I hardly remember them. I wouldn't even be able to tell you who the father was. Or fathers.
>she thought for a moment, but then just shrugged her shoulders
Most of them went away, other I drove away, and others...
>she paused, clearing her throat somewhat awkwardly
>but she quickly smiled, brushing her train of thought aside
I get some company besides my daughter now and again. We're hardly the only inhabitants of the swamp, of course!

There's the kind Ferryman who passes by once a month, and tells us such wonderful stories he's heard from afar! Misses Helpsworn, the veterinarian as well...
>her smile grew a bit more as she looked at Bolone
And of course, hikers, explorers and adventurers such as yourself! The tree in our backyard is very easy to locate, so it tends to attract a few wanderers of the swamp.

And it's always so nice to meet those strangers~!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533248

File: 1509653487270.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41533247
>Bolone had this nagging feeling that there was something he should be paying attention to
>some detail that he was overlooking that was relevant to why he came here
>but he'd already determined that the Night Empress wasn't a thing, so he didn't see any reason to really be worried
>so he was probably just overanalyzing a bit

>still, even with the handful of visitors they got, Bareeh sounded a bit lonely

>if nothing else, he could help her on that front

It's very nice to have met you too, Miss Bareeh~

I hope I can be an entertaining guest for as long as you'll have me here~

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533249

File: 1509654471880.png (390.23 KB, 541x517, the little bastard.png)

>>41533248
>Bareeh giggled lightly
Well, you've already proven yourself a very patient listener~!

I do apologize for hogging the conversation this long!
>she glanced outside the window, noticing the sky had grown completely dark
>she hummed quietly, then quickly turned to Bolone with a smile
How about you stay with us for the night, Sir Bolone? The swamp can be treacherous at this hour, especially with the gorillagators roaming the rivers' shores.

We have plenty of spare blankets and pillows for you to sleep on the couch. Or...
>Roll 1d2 = 1

>evens, she continues with a teasing tone

I'm sure my charitable daughters would have no problem arranging some space in their room for you~?
>Sphynx quickly responded with a squeak, her face turning red which she quickly tried to hide by turning to the wall
>Kuza only grunted slightly behind her book, choosing to ignore the comment

---

>odds, she simply continues with a normal tone

I have plenty of space in my room for two, if the couch is no good. it's quite old, so it might not be very comfortable for a good night's sleep.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533250

File: 1509655769832.jpg (11.87 KB, 197x196, tumblr_mtzop3aXyz1s423woo1_250…)

>>41533249
>as Bareeh was making her suggestion, Bolone had started to take another sip of his drink
>and when she mentioned her room, he paused mid-sip
>his reaction wasn't an overblown one, as he seemed to be processing the implications of what was suggested
>it's entirely likely she meant what he thought she meant, and given her past it was very probable
>he lowered his glass and glanced behind Bareeh at Sphynx, seeing if she had any reaction to that, before smiling at Bareeh

W-Well...if you are offering, I would be very pleased to join you...

>the fact that his cheeks with a brighter shade of pink made it clear what he thought she meant, even if he didn't say as much

>her making such an offer in front of her daughter did make him wonder if there was more to this, but again he didn't dwell on it for too long

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533252

File: 1509658303540.png (786.04 KB, 415x972, so tiny and pathetic.png)

>>41533250
>neither Sphynx nor Kuza seemed to have been taken aback by Bareeh's offer, nor by Bolone's acceptance of it
>either they hadn't picked up on the same implications as Bolone had, or this was a very common occurrence

>Bareeh just kept her smile as Bolone accepted her offer

Then it's settled~! It's always best to sleep in a bedroom after all, isn't it?
>she stood up from her seat, clapping her hands together as she turned to her youngest daughter
Sphynx, dear? Would you go close the coop for the night? I saw a family of fungfoxes roaming on the other side of the lake, and I'd rather be safe than wake up with our chickens all gone.

>Sphynx nods her head, quickly making her way out of the kitchen to tend to the animals


>Bareeh smiled, and turned back to Bolone

Now, for you, Sir Bolone...
>she motioned at the living room, and a door that lead into another room
I will run you a bath so you can relax after such a dreadfully hot day!
>she already began to walk, heading towards the bathing room
Enjoy the rest of your meal, and should you need anything don't hesitate to ask Kuza~!
>she gave a small wave, before slipping into the bathroom, leaving Bolone alone in the kitchen with only Kuza in earshot

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533254

File: 1509660904006.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41533252
>well now he felt like he was just being spoiled
>Bolone was clearly surprised at the offer for a bath, but didn't offer any refusal or complaints when Bareeh began making her way out
>it was only after a second of stunned disbelief that he managed to blurt out a hurried bit of gratitude

Thank you, Miss Bareeh!

>and within a few seconds, he was mostly alone in the kitchen

>he knew he should finish his meal quickly, not wanting to leave anything to waste, and so he began doing so

>though after a few bites he stole a glance at Kuza, who had been mostly quiet this whole time

>it had been pretty hard to get a bead on her, apart from how she slammed the door in his face earlier
>blunt, cold, and standoffish
>clearly someone who would take some time to get to know

So...

>he figured just leaving them in silence would be impolite, so he opted to try and start a conversation


What do you do for fun out here?

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533256

File: 1509661336700.png (37.52 KB, 126x162, books are friends.png)

>>41533254
>the girl slowly glanced aside to stare at Bolone after his question
>she remained silent, simply holding her book in front of her while she looked at him
...

...

...

I read.
>she stated as an obvious piece of information, clearly not impressed by his attempt at a conversation starter
>turning her sight back to her book, it seemed like she wasn't interested to continue the talk
...

What's with the pink lantern?
>until she eventually spoke up again
Did you really fall for the oldest trick in the book, and bought it to keep the "demons" away?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533257

File: 1509662045424.jpg (17.35 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41533256

<"Ask a stupid question..."


>Bolone probably should've figured that's what Kuza did, whether she had guests over or not

>given the veritable library in the other room and all

>her own question came as a bit of a surprise to him, and he stopped eating to pick up his lantern to show to her


Oh, this?

No, I had it with me when I got here.

It's a lot more...special than the ones at the village.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533258

File: 1509662283079.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41533257
>Kuza was silent for a moment, glancing aside at Bolone once again
...

...

...

>then turning back to her book

Looks like an old, worn down pink lantern to me.
>she stated, not too impressed by the Battery
What makes it so special?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533259

File: 1509662674214.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41533258
>obviously this was going to take some proper storytelling to sound good

Well, apart from it being a piece of ancient technology, made by a being that's existed for eons...

Its flames give power to this ring on my finger.

>Bolone held up his hand, showing off the bright pink ring on it to Kuza


Which lets me create almost anything that I want.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533260

File: 1509663096798.png (96.8 KB, 320x240, go away.png)

>>41533259
>Bolone received quite a bit of silence by Kuza after his story
...

...

...

...

...

...

>lifting her head off her book, she turned it to look properly at Bolone

>she noticed the ring, but still seemed more focused on the Battery itself
...

So an eons-old ancient alien creates a highly advanced engine whose energy can create anything its owner wants...
>she paused only to look directly at Bolone this time
...

And they made it into a lantern.
>not a question by any means, the sarcasm dripping off of her words wasn't being given any attempt at being hidden

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533261

File: 1509663460059.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41533260
>clearly Kuza was a hard woman to impress
>Bolone could only offer a shrug at her remark, smiling somewhat awkwardly at it

I'm sure there was some artistic reason for it.

I might work for an eons-old being, but that doesn't mean I completely understand her.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533262

File: 1509663792748.png (77.69 KB, 240x200, shut up for one second.png)

>>41533261
>at this, an eyebrow raised beneath her cloak
"Work?"
>she asked right away
If a being that ancient and intelligent can create anything it wants, why would it need your help?
>there was some amount of curiosity in her questions, but plenty more skepticism along with it
>still, at least he had managed to establish some communication!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533263

File: 1509664416282.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41533262
>now he got her attention, much to his delight

Well, the fact that she was engaged in a battle between some other unknowable evil force that left her weakened might have something to do with that.

So it's up to people like me to travel the universe and gather energy for her so she can be restored to her former self.

>Bolone then grinned at Kuza, pausing briefly for effect before continuing


And I'll tell you what sort of energy I need to gather.

But you have to promise not to act like I'm crazy.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533264

File: 1509665365094.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41533263
>Kuza remained cautiously curious
>"But you have to promise not to act like I'm crazy."
...

A little late for that.
>she stated, but hadn't moved her head away or anything
>while she wasn't showing it, it certainly seemed like he had at her curious enough to keep listening
So? What energy is it?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533265

File: 1509665680825.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533264
>he tried
>that was about all he could hope for

>still wearing a cheeky grin, Bolone answered in a slightly amused tone


Love.

>there were two ways this could go

>either Kuza would do exactly what he said she would and think he was crazier than before
>or she'd express interest and ask to elaborate
>which, depending on if that bath was ready or not, he'd either answer or leave her hanging

<"Hopefully wanting more."

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533266

File: 1509666452643.png (786.04 KB, 415x972, so tiny and pathetic.png)

>>41533265
>the silence that followed was deafening, as the cloaked girl made no indication whatsoever towards how she had taken the answer
>she didn't look surprised, confused, curious, disgusted... her expression remained exactly the same as it had been
>just an emotionally stare beneath the heavy shadows of her cloak

>but before she could say anything, the bathroom's door finally opened

Sir Bolone~?
>Bareeh called as she stepped outside
If you are finished, your bath is ready!
>she slipped back into the living room, and stopped at the archway that led into the kitchen
>apparently unaware of the conversation, she simply smiled at him
I left you a robe to wear once you are done, but I'm afraid we have nothing else that could fit you, as I'm sure you'll understand.

But on nights like these I suppose the less one wears, the better, no?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533267

File: 1509667426304.jpg (73.84 KB, 1280x720, tumblr_ox8tva3Hr51ssg673o1_128…)

>>41533266

.....

>well that didn't help make things any clearer

>did she take to it or not?

>but by this point Bareeh reappeared, meaning it was time to go relax

>so he'd have to wait and see what Kuza made of all this later

Oh, thank you very much!

>Bolone rose from his seat while leaving his lantern in the chair, confident that nothing would happen to it while he was in the bath

>and with a friendly wave to Kuza and Bareeh, he made his way to the bathroom, slowly nudging the door open to see the inside

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533268

>>41533267
>the bathroom was an oddly pretty sight to behold
>the entire room, rather than being painted in ordinary colors, was covered in aqua green tiles, with a strange moss-like pattern
>even the lamp had been adorned with a special cover, bathing the room with a soft green light to increase the "underwatery" mood

>the bath was in no way complex, as it was merely a rather large bowl constructed in the middle of the room

>in it, the green-tinted water had been heated to a pleasant temperature, and his host had even added plenty of foam for the bath
>next to the bath was a coat hanger where the red robe hung from, a bit large for Bolone, but it should do for the night

>besides that, there was a mirror on the wall, and almost nothing else in the room

>perhaps not surprising, considering the lack of plumbing

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533272

File: 1509674433990.jpg (20.67 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s0bS4CE1qmidq…)

>>41533268
>Bolone had to wonder if bathing in the odd green water was actually safe
>he did drink it and suffered no ill-effects - at least not yet - so it should be fine
>apart from him coming out of it smelling like apple juice

>so he closed the door behind him and quickly disrobed, and within a few seconds he had sank down into the warm water with a sigh

>as he laid in the tub and closed his eyes, he reflected on the journey that let him there
>while he was certain that the villagers had blown up the story of this "Night Empress" out of proportion, there was still the question of what to do for the people living here
>beyond going back down and dispelling the rumours surrounding the people who lived here, there must be something he could do in the moment to make them happier
>sure, he'd probably be keeping Bareeh company for the night, but what of her daughters?
>Kuza was as closed-off as one could be, and Sphynx seemed way too nervous to really warm up to someone
>it would take some time to get them to open up a bit, and probably more for them to try that with other people after that
>but was it even really his business to meddle in their affairs like that?

>Bolone cupped some of the water and splashed it over his hair, humming as he thought this over

>maybe he'd hang around for a few days, just to make sure everything was fine...

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533273

File: 1509675355916.png (302.38 KB, 508x479, lets roll.png)

>>41533272
>the water certainly felt perfectly fine, being quite warm somehow
>the smell of apples was certainly noticeable, but that was hardly going to kill all of his social ties
>the bathroom itself was very quiet, the walls doing a good job in keeping the noise from the rest of the house from piercing inside
>but he could still hear the chicken clucking outside, a very small window being located at the top of the wall so no peering eyes could look inside
>Bolone had nothing to do now but relax and enjoy a nice private bath...

How do you turn love into energy? That doesn't make any sense.
>until a voice called out from above him
>looking in the direction of the familiar voice would be a bit difficult at first
>there was now suddenly a hole in the ceiling, yet not one that led into the house surrounding the bathroom
>there was only pitch black darkness, as if there was a chunk of the universe missing in that one spot in the bathroom
>the only thing that broke the complete darkness on that hole was a very pale complexion, and two slightly glowing eyes that stared down on Bolone
>Kuza still spoke in a very monotone voice, but it seemed like curiosity was getting the best of her, if her hurry in asking that question was any indication

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533275

File: 1509677666940.jpg (14.67 KB, 165x225, download (18).jpg)

>>41533273

-?

>Bolone looked up when he heard the voice, and wound up staring as he processed what was happening

>Kuza sticking her head through the ceiling was one thing
>the fact that it was being done through some strange mystical portal was another thing altogether
>and the fact that it wasn't the woman he was expecting to show up was yet another thing

...well, she's made of it.

>yet he took this in stride, responding to Kuza like he was just lazing on the couch instead of naked in a bathtub


I mean, there's some process of converting the emotion into energy involving some crystals on her home planet...

All I really know is that a smaller one was put into both my lantern and my ring so that it can send it to my boss.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533276

File: 1509678005668.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41533275
>Kuza face refused to show any emotion, still staring down at Bolone with the same look she's held since she greeted him at the door
>there was a pause, Kuza taking the time to think about what had been told to her
Emotion conducting crystals... obviously... but turning them into energy...?
>she muttered to herself, before exiting the black hole
>it shrank as she left it, seemingly turning or fusing into her cloak
>she descended, floating just a few inches above the water while keeping her glowing eyes on Bolone
Show me.
>she demanded in her cold tone

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533277

File: 1509678383460.jpg (11.87 KB, 197x196, tumblr_mtzop3aXyz1s423woo1_250…)

>>41533276

.....

>Bolone stared back at Kuza for a few seconds, feeling just a little intimidated by the way she said that


Uhhh...

Show you...what, exactly?

>that statement could mean just about anything, really

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533278

File: 1509678710296.png (284.5 KB, 640x447, stop.png)

>>41533277
>her eyes narrowed, not feeling particularly amused by his sudden coyness
You said your ring could create almost anything you wanted, and talked about it belonging to some ancient being made entirely out of love.

But you haven't shown it yet.
>her eyes narrowed further, her suspicion growing
So, if you're not lying... show me. Make something right now.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533279

File: 1509679177008.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533278

Ohhhhh.

>Bolone seemed to relax and smiled up at Kuza


Yeah, that's not a problem at all.

>he lifted his hand out of the water, his ring glowing softly for a second as he seemed to think of what to do

>a beam of pink light then moved out from the ring, stopping beside Kuza's head, as something began to form from the light
>after a few seconds, a bouquet of flowers was hovering beside her, while Bolone gave her a cheesy smile

So, what do you think~?

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533281

File: 1509679874429.png (173.85 KB, 361x480, its nice.png)

>>41533279
-!!
>Kuza jolted in midair as the violet light suddenly emerged from the ring
>she seemed to shrink into her own cloak at first, but when she saw the light stop in midair and take shape, she seemed to realize it was harmless
>she blinks once, her eyes widening as she stares at the flowery constructs standing right in front of her
>she was clearly having trouble processing it, and slowly raised her hands towards the bouquet
>she touched the flowers, and quickly pulled back her hand as if expecting it to burn or something
>but once it was clear the light was completely safe, she took the bouquet into her hands, looking completely awestruck by the construct
Incredible...
>as she held the bouquet closer, it would only reveal more reason to be amazed
>the construct was so thorough, she could even smell the flowers, which she quickly did by taking in a big whiff of their sweet scent
>in fact, she seemed to have a hard time letting go of the flower, nearly burying her face as she held the bouquet tightly in her arms
>she held to almost like someone snuggling up to a puppy, and for the first time in the entire night, Bolone would see a wide goofy smile stamped onto her face as she basked in the construct's glow

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533284

File: 1509680930341.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41533281
>well that had quite the effect on her, to say the least
>Bolone just laid back and watched Kuza interact with the flowers, his own smile softening into a more natural one as she seemed to grow happier and happier just holding them
>who knew the simplest methods of making someone happy still worked so well?

>after a few seconds of watching her smell the flowers, he finally spoke up with a pleased tone


So, I take it you like them~?

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533289

File: 1509681642339.png (335.5 KB, 640x427, its nothing.png)

>>41533284
>Kuza took a few seconds before Bolone's words actually reached her, seemingly having forgotten he was even there
Oh... Oh!
>she quickly straightened up, having nearly curled up into a ball around the bouquet, like a cat with a yarn ball
>a light pink tone appeared over her pale cheeks, and she awkwardly coughed
Th-They're... very pretty, yes...

Very...
>but despite that, she still held the flowers tightly in her arms
...

... very petty... alive... and warm... and lovely...
>she quickly shook her head, having to pry herself away from her daze once more
>clearing her throat, she "sat" cross-legged in the air, and quickly held out the flowers to Bolone
W-Well, you were telling the truth. And it's... quite fascinating, b-but you can take them back now.

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533290

File: 1509682291908.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41533289
>Bolone let out a small chuckle once Kuza let go of the flowers, keeping them hovering in the air in front of her

Are you sure?

I can keep them here for a while longer, I don't mind.

>he wiggled his ring slightly, causing the bouquet to separate, each flower spinning around individually like a ballerina


Or I could make something else, if you like?

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533292

File: 1509683007927.png (59.62 KB, 240x179, thats no good.png)

>>41533290
-!!
<"THEY SPIN!"
>Kuza's eyes instantly widened as the flowers began dancing in the air
>and just like that, she seemed entranced by the pink light all over again
>she'd slowly reach out towards the flowers again, only hesitating because she didn't want to interrupt their fragile ballet
>but it was taking an incredibly amount of willpower to prevent herself from launching straight towards the construct...

>Roll 1d2 = 2


>evens, she shakes her head, and quickly turns her back on the pink flowers

N-No! Th-That's fine, I-I've seen enough, thank you! Th-...Thank you...
>her cold voice gained an honestly thankful tone in that instance
I-It's... Um... I-If it's alright with you, I-I would-... I-I have several more questions a-about the... nature of your ring... Would it be fine if... we could talk more tomorrow...?

---

>odds, the beauty was simply too much and too overwhelming

>Kuza suddenly dove straight towards the flowers, opening her arms widely to try and grab as many of them as she possibly could
>but in her haste, and given how close she already was to the bath...
>SPLASH!
>she ends up falling right on top of Bolone, and making quite a watery mess all over the bathroom floor

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533293

File: 1509683943119.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533292
>Bolone's smile only widened at Kuza's reactions to the flowers, thoroughly enjoying how cute she was being
>oh he was definitely going to stick around for a while if he could keep doing this

Oh absolutely!

>as he said this, the flowers suddenly vanished, though what looked like a rain of flower petals drifted down towards him, the petals landing on the surface of the water

>all while he kept smiling widely

I'd be happy to talk to you whenever you like~

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533294

File: 1509684508010.png (55.64 KB, 300x231, hello.png)

>>41533293
>Kuza glanced behind her just in time to see the rain of petals falling down on the water
>and the restraint needed to prevent herself from diving for them was clearly visible on her face
>so she quickly stood up straighter in the air, still keeping her back turned to Bolone as she tried to keep the petals out of her line of sight
Th-Thank you!
>her voice peaked slightly, which only made her blush harder
>thankfully she had her back turned, but she still quickly ascended back to the ceiling
I-I-I look forward to it...!
>her cloak began "melting" into the pitch black hole once more, creating the puddle of darkness she had entered the bathroom with
>she went through, but before it closed behind her, her face still peeked out from the portal to get one last look at the petals in the water
...

...

...

...

>her eyes then shifted slightly to Bolone's face, her cheeks growing a bit pinker before she dove into her portal, vanishing from the bathroom entirely

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533295

File: 1509686231779.jpg (16.73 KB, 141x463, Mahou-sensei-negima-336552-2.j…)

>>41533294
>Bolone was grinning like the cat that ate the canary by the time Kuza had left

<"Yeah, I am definitely sticking around for a while."


>if he could keep making them smile like that he'd be very pleased


>sometime later, Bolone was sufficiently clean and had left the bath, and soon had the red robe wrapped around him while he was humming a pleasant tune

>he went to open the door, but paused briefly to look at the tub of water behind him
>not wanting to be inconsiderate, he opened the door and poked his head out, just to see if anyone was nearby

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533296

File: 1509686942386.png (1.45 MB, 900x1384, comfy bed.png)

>>41533295
>when Bolone looks out the door, he'd notice the living room was now much darker than it had been earlier
>many of the lamps had been turned off, leaving only two of the weak lights near the fireplace to illuminate the room
>neither Kuza nor Sphynx were anywhere to be seen, but Bareeh had chosen to stay downstairs for the moment
>she lounged back on the couch, browsing through a book in silence with a small smile on her face
>whether she had been waiting, or this was simply something she did at this hour would be a mystery

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533297

File: 1509687698569.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41533296
>Bolone wasn't entirely sure how to approach this
>on the one hand, he knew what he wanted to do
>on the other, he still had to be a polite and courteous guest
>so, instead of leaving the bathroom, he cleared his throat to get Bareeh's attention

Miss Bareeh?

I'm finished with the bath. What should I do with the water?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533298

File: 1509688245560.png (679.33 KB, 269x1217, pleased by this.png)

>>41533297
...?
>Bareeh blinked, turning away from her book to look over at Bolone
>she smiled, simply waving her hand dismissively
Oh, don't bother with that now! We can toss it out and replace it tomorrow!
>she shook her head, turning back to her book
It's far too late for such a hassle, so you can come out if you wish.
>closing her book, she placed it on the table
>turning to Bolone again, her smile grew a bit amused
Now, is it getting too late, Sir Bolone? Or do you have more of a creature of the night in you than it initially seems?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533299

File: 1509689108534.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41533298
>now that was a question that required careful answering
>with a slight smirk, Bolone emerged from the bathroom entirely, chuckling as he walked towards Bareeh

Well, I like to think of myself as flexible, in that and many other regards...

>he made his way over to the couch, walking around to the other side, but not sitting down beside her just yet

>he then adopted a more curious and semi-innocent look, as if he didn't know where this was likely going

Why do you ask?

Did you have something in mind for us?

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533300

File: 1509689851803.png (786.04 KB, 415x972, so tiny and pathetic.png)

>>41533299
Not at all!
>she answered quite happily
I'd simply be a bad host if I went to sleep and left my guest unattended for the night, wouldn't I?
>she giggled a bit
I'm afraid my sleepy little cabin has very little for entertainment, besides Kuza's literature.
>she paused and hummed quietly
We haven't quite talked about you, now have we? How rude of me!

So please, tell me, what does an adventurer such as yourself do to pass the time on long warm nights such as this, Sir Bolone?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533301

File: 1509690616996.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41533300
>now he wasn't sure if she was sincere or just teasing him
>well, the night was still young, so maybe that would change?

>Bolone hummed as he made himself comfortable beside Bareeh, trying to think of the right answer


Well, that depends on where I am, for the most part...

But generally, if I can help it...

I like to spend nights like these keeping a lovely companion company~

>he punctuated this statement with another award-winning smile, hoping she'd appreciate the remark

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533302

File: 1509691678956.png (304.12 KB, 331x560, its shiny and would look great…)

>>41533301
>at Bolone's comment, Bareeh let out an amused giggle
>but if that weren't enough of an indicator, she'd move from her location on the couch closer to Bolone
Well then, I certainly hope I can help fulfill your preferred pastime~!

As beautiful as the night may be to enjoy in solitude, there is always a certain magic that can only be achieved with some company, wouldn't you agree~?

And it has been some time since I last felt such a thing... but who knows? It is the Night of Feast, isn't it? Who's to say something magical can't happen after all~?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533303

File: 1509692402332.png (1.23 MB, 776x1194, tumblr_m2i06dy2h61qm3v42o1_r1_…)

>>41533302
>Bolone followed suit and inched closer to Bareeh, until he was right beside her

Oh I certainly hope so~

And I think I can perform a bit of magic myself...~

>then, seeing an opportunity, he leaned up and kissed Bareeh, not at all concerned about the height difference between them

Bareeh!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533304

File: 1509692800434.png (337.29 KB, 522x291, have some love.png)

>>41533303
>Bareeh wouldn't flinch at all from Bolone's sudden forwardness, clearly expecting a move sooner or later
>the woman would feel strangely cold to the touch, certainly colder than most, but not cold enough to be too uncomfortable
>especially as she leaned right into the kiss to provide him some respite from having to lean upwards

>and so, as the night stretched on, everything faded into deeper and deeper black...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533319

File: 1509722783293.jpg (10.92 KB, 225x272, download (10).jpg)

>>41533304
>the hours went by, and eventually, morning came
>Bolone's eyes slowly opened as the rays of the sun crept in, his consciousness returning to him bit by bit
>he soon sat up and let out a yawn, before stretching his arms up over his head, giving a small groan while he did
>he slowly rubbed the sleep from his eyes, while turning his head to get a look at his surroundings, and see if he was alone or not

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533320

>>41533319
>as Bolone wakes up on a very large bed, he'd find himself alone in Bareeh's room
>the room itself was nothing special in the slightest, having only a few more paintings of swampy scenery
>a small bookcase sat on one wall and there was a comfortable chair by the window, but the room was quite spartan in nature
>exactly how Bolone had gotten to the upper story of the house would be quite the question, seeing as how there were no stairs to speak of that led to it

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533321

File: 1509726940136.jpg (29.54 KB, 280x590, Mahou-sensei-negima-337675.jpg)

>>41533320
>Bolone yawned again, rubbing his eyes once more as he made note of where he was
>he then looked beside him at an empty spot on the bed, then let out a sigh

<"I wish more of them would cuddle."


>sure, some of them did, but not enough for his liking


>so with a new day ahead of him, Bolone rose from the bed and stretched once more, then turned his ring on himself

>with a flash, he was adorned in new clothing, not much different than the set he had last night
>and then, for good measure, he used his ring to straighten out the blankets and sheets on the bed, so that the bed looked perfectly neat
>with that accomplished, he began to look around the room, only now noticing there wasn't an exit to downstairs

<"That's...a little worrying."

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533322

>>41533321
>while there were no stairs or even a door, there was at least a big enough window to climb out of
>the chickens were already clucking loudly, as the rooster crowed at the morning sun

>but another noise would creep its way into Bolone's head

>it was a very faint but familiar sensation; not quite a voice, but more of a feeling
>his Battery, left downstairs in the kitchen, was calling for him

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533323

File: 1509727633217.jpg (11.87 KB, 197x196, tumblr_mtzop3aXyz1s423woo1_250…)

>>41533322
>Bolone scratched his head as he tried to get a feel for the room, finding no way to actually leave it normally
>there was the large window there - was that how Bareeh got in and out of the room?
>come to think of it, how did he get up here?

-!

>but as he tried to make sense of things, he felt that tingling feeling in the back of his head

>a sign that he was needed for something important

<"Oh shit."


>so with little recourse, he made his way to the window and opened it, then flew outside to the yard

>he then turned back around to try and see where he was in relation to the house

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533324

>>41533323
>Bareeh's room's window led right to the front of the house, conveniently enough
>the room itself was located to the left of the house, but the window was facing towards the bridge
>neither Bareeh nor her daughters seemed to be outside however, although the chickens had been left out of their coop already, meaning at least one of them had been out there already

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533325

File: 1509729573710.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41533324
>well at least that made things easier, as far as getting back to the main floor
>Bolone floated back down to ground level and made his way for the front door, nudging it to head inside
>at least he hoped he could do that, and make his way back into the house with little to no fuss or questioning from those inside

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533326

File: 1509730248560.png (Spoiler Image, 652.29 KB, 902x908, deadly by kvlen.png)

>>41533325
>surprisingly, there was nobody inside the house either
>it seemed as most of them were either still asleep, or had gone out for the day

>whatever the case, the noise inside Bolone's head was only getting louder the further he approached the kitchen

>the violet lantern-like Battery glowed softly, pulsating in tandem with the "voice" inside Bolone's mind
>that voice was always calm, soothing and loving
>even it times of peril, it was there to relax Bolone, accompanying the warmth that emanated from the ring's own power
WHAT TOOK YA'S SO LONG!?
>but when he got close to the Battery itself, and the voice became clearer however...
Not only do ya's leave me completely unprotected down 'ere, ya did'n even 'ear me call fer ya's fer hours!
>the small figure tapped a nubby foot impatiently atop the dinner table, her nerves clearly at an end
I's should zap ya's right this instance fer that, I's should'a!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533327

File: 1509730681364.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41533326
>Bolone made his way into the house with ease, somewhat curious as to why he didn't see any of the others in the house
>but for now that didn't concern him so much, as he quickly made his way to the kitchen, needing to attend to the spirit that was connected to him, that guided his every move

-!

>and in situations like this, was a pain in the ass


>he raised an eyebrow as he approached the lantern, staring down at the diminutive figure with a befuddled expression


I didn't hear you calling me because I was probably sleeping.

After I spent a good part of the night with a lovely lady.

You know, the sort of thing you want me to do?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533328

File: 1509731797075.png (139.13 KB, 500x604, hungry by riri mon.png)

>>41533327
NO EXCUSES!
>the spirit quickly shouted back
I's always yer top priority! If I's call ya, ya come no matter what!
>she gave him a large frown
>crossing her arms, she started tapping her foot faster
And I's wants ya to give me energy, right? Ya's was'n even doin' that right!
>she aimed a finger at him
I's got nothing last night! I's got less than nothing! I's actually lost energy over night! How bumbling do ya's have to be to even accomplish that!?
>she threw her hands up, walking over to the jug of water and peering inside
>then looked back over to Bolone
Did ya's get drunk from this and just completely blew it or somethin'!? Or did ya's chicken out!?
>she then aimed another accusatory finger at him
Don't tell me ya's were doin' anythin' last night, when ya somehow manage to lose some'a my precious power!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533368

File: 1509754774717.jpg (44.48 KB, 269x270, tumblr_inline_nhd947yLSw1raysw…)

>>41533328
>at first Bolone simply sighed and waited for her to finish ranting
>this was far from a new occurrence for him
>it seemed as though just about every week or so she'd pop up and complain about him having not gotten together with enough people or not moving fast enough or what have you
>and he'd have to just weather the complaints and get back to it

>although this time, he did notice her remark about somehow having received nothing over the course of the night

>which left him understandably confused

Wait wait, hang on, what?

How did you get nothing last night?

>he jerked a thumb up to indicate the room upstairs


Trust me, I felt the love last night. There was plenty of that.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533370

File: 1509755295543.png (204.2 KB, 810x658, rock by nuqelear.png)

>>41533368
YOU'S LIE!
>she quickly shouted, jumping up near his face, now floating in the air
How's it ya's could've gathered any love if I's didn't get any of it! Huh!? HUH!?
>she shoved her face closer to his, crossing her arms and legs while in the air
I's just felt my precious energy get drained from me! I's did'n give ya's the ring to be wastin' my energy!
>with a loud huff, the apparition began floating angrily in circles around Bolone
You's know what this means, right? Ya's gonna recollect all the energy ya's lost now! Whatever got ya's to suddenly get stage fright, ya's gonna forget it! No excuses! Otherwise ya's gettin' zapped, and zapped big time!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533371

File: 1509755987578.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41533370
>Bolone jumped back as the little sprite got in his face, only growing more alarmed and confused as she kept yelling at him

Boss, I'm telling you, it happened!

I don't know how you didn't get anything from it, but it happened!

>he stepped out of the kitchen partway, to gesture to the couch in the living room


We started here, it was late, I had just got out of the bath...

We started making out, I was basically dis-robed in a couple of seconds, and then she got on top of me...

Do I need to go on or do you get my point?

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533373

File: 1509756720533.png (139.13 KB, 500x604, hungry by riri mon.png)

>>41533371
STOP LYIN'!
>the sprite shouted again
Ya's can keep moanin', or ya's can get out there and do ya's job!

Ya's ain't leavin' this place until ya's get back all the energy ya's wasted, and more! Got it!?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533374

File: 1509757322198.jpg (24.83 KB, 190x188, tumblr_inline_nhd92tyChf1raysw…)

>>41533373
>now Bolone was getting just a bit vexed with her shouting
>he closed his eyes and let out a slow exhale before speaking in an annoyed tone

Alright, fine.

How about this?

>he walked back to the kitchen and picked up the lantern on the table

>he then walked back into the living room and placed the lantern on the coffee table near the couch

I'll try again with one of them, and you watch and see what happens.

...I can't believe I'm actually inviting you to watch me, but at this point it seems like the only option.

???!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533375

File: 1509757757222.png (652.29 KB, 902x908, deadly by kvlen.png)

>>41533374
>the sprite simply floated behind Bolone with a sour frown on her face
Fine, whatever! As long as ya's get it done!
>she floated down near the lantern
Just remember! Waste any more energy, and you's get the zap! You's don't want the zap, got it! Get it? Good!
>the apparition then turned pink for a brief moment, before simply vanishing in a flash
>the pink light then slithered into the Battery once more, becoming mercifully silent

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533382

File: 1509758577432.jpg (20.67 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s0bS4CE1qmidq…)

>>41533375
>Bolone sighed again and rubbed his eyes, thankful the conversation was over, but now faced with a dilemma
>he had to get with either Bareeh again, or one of the other girls, and somehow make sure his boss could see it so she knew he was doing his job right
>because he didn't want to get zapped
>zapped was bad

>Bareeh seemed like the easier choice, given they were already on good terms

>Kuza wanted to talk after last night, and if he played his cards right, that could go somewhere
>and Sphynx...well, Sphynx was clearly very shy, so that would be difficult, but not impossible

>of course none of that mattered if none of them were actually there


<"Where did they go, anyway?"

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533385

File: 1509759058061.png (140.06 KB, 400x300, what is this.png)

>>41533382
>the minutes ticked by, but finally someone would make their appearance
>a black hole, very much like the one Kuza had used the night before, appears on the ceiling of the living room
>but from the black hole descended Sphynx instead, the hole itself melting into her clothes much like they had with Kuza's
>she carefully floated down, trying not to make too much noise
>straightening out her black dress, she then did a few stretches to prepare for another day ahead of her

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533400

File: 1509761592111.jpg (31.07 KB, 225x350, download (7).jpg)

>>41533385
>well, that made his job a little easier, at least
>Bolone watched as Sphynx descended from the ceiling, already trying to think of how best to approach this
>he didn't want to be too forward, but also needed to speed this up a bit
>and it would take some time given Sphynx seemed so shy before
>he should probably be more curious about how exactly she could do that, but he had priorities!

Good morning~!

>he greeted her with a chipper tone, hoping to make a proper good impression with her


How're you today?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533402

File: 1509762099722.png (186.57 KB, 400x300, dont be mad.png)

>>41533400
>Sphynx quickly jolted with a squeak, being unaware of Bolone's presence until he spoke up
>she quickly turned to him, cheeks blushing slightly already from embarrassment
G-G-Good morning...
>she quietly answered
>fidgeting in place, she kept glancing towards the front door
Um...

I-I am well... Just... need to tend to the chickens...

...

...

...

>Roll 1d2 = 2


>evens

...would you... like to join me...?

---

>odds, she simply keeps glancing at the door

...
>and then starts to walk towards it
P-Please, make yourself at... home... I'll bring some eggs in for breakfast soon...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533404

File: 1509763453386.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41533402
>Bolone maintained his friendly smile while Sphynx spoke to him, and accepted her offer with aplomb

Certainly!

>he then floated over to the front door, opening it for her like a proper gentleman would

>though once he did, he paused and seemed to adopt a more bashful expression

Though I...don't quite know what goes into that.

So could you walk me through it, please?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533437

File: 1509794445581.png (141.46 KB, 400x300, worry.png)

>>41533404
>Sphynx blinked, clearly surprised as she saw Bolone float to the door, unaware he had such powers until now
>but she accepted the open door, bowing her head slightly as a thank you
>she made her way to the door, pausing only slightly at the question
O-...Of course...

It's very easy...actually... The chickens mostly tend to themselves...
>her voice never quite raised above the level of a whisper, and her voice was undoubtedly morose no matter what she said
>if Bareeh always sounded cheerful and Kuza cold and distant, Sphynx seemed to embody all of the melancholy in the family
>she headed outside, needing to shield her eyes from the sunlight at first, but quickly acclimated to the warm morning
>the sky was a healthy shade of green with nary a cloud in the sky, but it felt decisively cooler than yesterday
>she turned to the right as soon as she walked out the door, crossing the front yard to head for the chicken enclosure
...
>stopping as she reached the fence, she peered past it with a small frown
They got loose again...?
>the chickens were all wandering their space, the door to their coop wide open despite having been closed the night before
>the area itself was large, giving the chickens a lot of room to move around freely despite there being quite a lot of them
>there were two containers for food, and one large container for water near the coop, which itself was very large to accommodate the animals

>the chickens themselves were... not quite chickens as their name would imply

>they had no beaks, for one, only a long snout with very tiny and sharp teeth lined within
>their wings also kept vestigial traces of fingers, slight nubs being noticeable on the curvature of the wing
>their combs and wattles where green in color, and their tails stretched out like a lizard's, but still covered in white feathers
>these "chickens" resembled small, fat, clucking dinosaurs more than anything else

>Sphynx's frown deepened as she seemed to count the chickens, but was having some trouble with their constant waddling about

>in lieu of a door, Sphynx merely phased through the fence, her clothes creating the same black hole effect to allow her through the solid object
>she looked around for a few seconds, then remember that Bolone was with her, turning to him
Uhh... You can come inside, if...you'd like... They don't bite...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533448

File: 1509815062621.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41533437
>Bolone hovered outside behind Sphynx, his cheery smile lessening a bit as he fielded her responses
>this seemed to go beyond just being shy and into being rather gloomy
>and it was hard to discern what exactly the reason was
>sure, it could be the subject matter discussed yesterday, but she seemed to be acting this way before that
>either way, it would take some doing to get her to warm up a bit

>once Sphynx entered the chicken coop, Bolone simply levitated over the fence to stay beside her, taking a moment to get a proper look at the "chickens" in there

>which were...certainly a unique breed of them, would be one way to say it
>though if that was what he ate last night, they still tasted like chicken

>not wanting to dwell on that unpleasant thought for too long, Bolone looked back up at Sphynx with a curious look


What's the matter?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533449

File: 1509816871200.png (141.46 KB, 400x300, worry.png)

>>41533448
>true to her word, the chickens didn't seem to grow any more stressed by Bolone's presence
>most of them simply ignored them, with the more curious of the animals approaching him in hopes of him carrying some food
>they sniffed the ground around Bolone's feet, while nibbling at his shoes once or twice, but quickly giving up after realizing they weren't food

>Sphynx still seemed focused on the feathered creatures, getting as bit distracted and forgetting Bolone for a few seconds

>she blinks once Bolone's question finally reaches her, turning her head to him
They've been escaping...their pen...a lot lately...
>she made her ways through the enclosure, stopping in front of the chicken coop
>she crouched down slightly, moving the door to check on it
>the chicken coop itself was clearly showing its age, with the wood being heavily worn and a few places starting to fall apart
>the door especially, as it leaned slightly off its own hinges
>Sphynx closed the door, which made the problem apparent: since the door was leaning, it left a big enough gap that the chickens could stick their snouts through and shove the latch up to unlock the coop
...
>Sphynx let out a sigh at this, letting go of the door and letting it simply flop open by itself
>she stood back up, then tried to focus on the chickens again
Sixteen chickens...
>she muttered to herself, before turning to Bolone
There should be sixteen chickens and one rooster...
>her frown grew slightly as she looked around the enclosure
I think...there's sixteen chickens...but I can't find Poncy...the rooster...
>clearly growing worried, she began looking around the coop
I thought I heard him...singing...but he's not here... Could the foxes have gotten him...?
>she mumbles to herself, clearly growing more worried by the second
>there weren't many places for a rooster to hide in the enclosure, and it definitely didn't seem it was anywhere inside the fenced area

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533454

File: 1509824277260.jpg (32.29 KB, 356x604, Mahou-sensei-negima-336416.jpg)

>>41533449
>Bolone waited while the chickens were sniffing around him, still not entirely sure what to make of them
>he waited until Sphynx came back and spoke to him, giving a concerned frown as the situation slowly became clear to him
>he thought he heard something earlier too, and assumed it was the rooster crowing, so it must not have gone very far

>after a moment of thinking, Bolone again offered Sphynx a smile as he floated over to her


It's alright, he can't have wandered off very far.

We'll find him!

>he looked around briefly for any signs of life in the area around the house, his ring already starting to glow as he thought


Does he get out very often?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533456

File: 1509824808816.png (185.55 KB, 400x300, Im not sure.png)

>>41533454
>Sphynx blinked as Bolone took flight once more, the soft pink light emanating from his and his ring capturing her attention
>but the missing rooster was far more important right now to her, so she wasted little time
N-No...this is the first time...
>she called out, although her voice didn't change much beyond her usual whispering tone, making her a bit difficult to hear
He's...new...a-and young, so he could've found a way out...
>she tried to think positive, looking over at the coop
>the coop was actually fairly close to the fence, so if a chicken somehow managed to climb on top of it, it wouldn't be too difficult to jump over the fence and onto the outside
>looking back up at Bolone, she uneasiness grew as she waited in the hopes he'd be able to spot the rooster from the sky

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533457

File: 1509827051000.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41533456
>Bolone couldn't really see any signs of the rooster hanging around, giving a slightly perplexed hum while he looked
>figuring he just needed more height, he soon levitated higher into the air, until he reached near the same height as the tree behind their house
>then a beam of light came out of his ring, and he began sweeping it around the area like a flashlight, while calling out louder than Sphynx did

Poncy!

Where are you?

Come out come out wherever you are!

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533458

>>41533457
>flying higher up would seem to wield no results at first
>but the island where the large tree stood was quite barren of places to hide, so it was only a matter time before something stood out even from as high as Bolone was
>behind the house, something was moving aimlessly as it explored its newfound freedom
>Poncy the rooster stood out quite easily among the grass, its majestic plumage being a striking combination of black, blue and some purple, the rooster resembling more of a peacock
>it was taller than the rest of the chicken and much leaner, not yet fattened by the domestic life, likely allowing it the power to flutter off its enclosure
>luckily, Poncy wasn't a very adventurous sort, remaining near the house as it pecked at some bushes

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533459

File: 1509829342492.jpg (42.98 KB, 225x350, download (20).jpg)

>>41533458
>Bolone swept his gaze all around for a few short seconds, not even really sure what he was looking for
>it was only when he saw the unusual combination of colours nestled in the grass that he figured he found his quarry

I think I see him!

>he then flew down towards the peacock-chicken-creature, not really thinking as far as whether he'd startle him or not

>he came to a stop in front of him, holding out his hands to pick him up

OK Poncy, back to the coop you go!

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533460

>>41533459
SKRAWWWK!
>the foul quickly squawked in response to Bolone approaching him
>the vibrantly colored feathers surrounding Poncy stood on end as he puffed up his chest
>Poncy spread his wings, flapping them menacingly as he stepped away from Bolone, clearly not happy with the Lantern's proximity

B-Be careful!
>Sphynx called out, trying to peek around the house from the fence
H-He...can be a bit scary when he...gets like that...
>unlike the docile chickens, Poncy wasn't happy with Bolone invading his personal space
>and while he seemed content with just backing away from Bolone, it wasn't difficult to imagine he could use those sharp claws and teeth on the Lantern if he wasn't careful

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533472

File: 1509849295299.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41533460

-!

>Bolone jolted and held his hands up away from Poncy, inching back just a bit

>evidentially he hadn't put enough thought into how to actually move a wild bird with sharp teeth and claws, at least without getting torn to ribbons
>so he made a somewhat awkward chuckle and motioned for Poncy to walk towards Sphynx

Um...ni-nice chicken?

Just...go on back to the coop...that's a good boy...

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533513

File: 1509863026284.png (186.57 KB, 400x300, dont be mad.png)

>>41533472
>Poncy kept his chest puffed out, still making himself out to look as big as he could
>he didn't look in much of a hurry to do as Bolone was urging him to, the rooster simply wandering around a small area indecisively
>sometimes he'd start wandering back to the enclosure, only to then suddenly turn around and try to run back to the bush he had been examining earlier
>combined with the strange strutting Poncy was doing, it could almost seem like it was deliberately mocking the Violet Lantern

>Sphynx, meanwhile, had moved away from the fence, running over to the chicken coop

>underneath it was a box that she quickly took out, opening it to reveal a few tools
>she quickly took out a pair of very thick gloves that covered the entire forearm, and ran back to the fence
S-Sir Bolone!
>she held up the gloves for him over the fence
H-Here! Use these...t-to keep safe... I-I'm really sorry, Poncy isn't...usually like this...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533525

File: 1509864211729.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41533513
>Bolone watched as Poncy seemed to take his request as more of a suggestion, strutting about and only barely acknowledging his existence
>at least directly
>the way he fluffed his feathers as he walked around made Bolone wonder if he was actually taunting him
>which he didn't appreciate
>not one little bit

>he got up and walked over to the fence when Sphynx offered him the gloves, giving her a reassuring smile as he took them


It's alright, don't worry about it.

I'll get him this time.

>slipping the gloves on, he turned around and began slowly sneaking up on the peacock-chicken-dinosaur


Alright you little shit, no more games...

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533532

>>41533525
>Poncy simply kept his casual strut going, occasionally biting at the floor near the bush
>his feathers had lowered once Bolone walked away to fetch the gloves, Poncy taking this battle as won
>but the war was still going, and Bolone attempted a sneaky approach on the foul...

>Roll 1d10 = 1

>evens, Poncy remains oblivious
>hubris had blinded him to the possibility of a counterattack, leaving him carelessly out in the open

>odds, Poncy lets out a squawk and launches into a sprint when Bolone gets too close!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533537

File: 1509865975486.jpg (42.16 KB, 704x396, __negi_springfield_mahou_sense…)

>>41533532

-!

<"Dammit!"


>and the chase was on!


>like a boxer in training trying unconventional methods, Bolone sprinted after the arrogant fowl, hands out and ready to snag him

>of course, given the bird was likely unusually agile, it probably wouldn't take much for it to get away

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533541

File: 1509866492572.png (117.88 KB, 400x300, laughter.png)

>>41533537
>Poncy let out a loud squawk as it nimbly zigged and zagged around the backyard
>when Bolone approached, the animal's ancient instincts take over, allowing it to swiftly jump aside and prevent capture
>Poncy jumped a few time, flapping its wings to take some limited flight, but never getting too far away from Bolone

>as the Lantern and the rooster ran in circle in the backyard, Sphynx simply watched the cat and mouse game

>she blinked, her previous worry slowly washing away as she witnessed Bolone's frantic chase
...
>and began getting replaced by a very soft giggle
>she tried to hold it in at first, but her amusement at seeing Bolone chasing after the rooster was a bit much to hold in
>meaning Sphynx was actually smiling for once since Bolone had met her

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533556

File: 1509900405618.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41533541
>each time Bolone got closer to Poncy, the annoying bugger zipped just out of his reach
>and every time that happened, Bolone would let out a huff and ran after it again
>and so it went for a good while, like something out of a cartoon, with each twist and turn leading into it happening all over again

>eventually, Bolone had to come to a stop to catch his breath, hunched over and dripping with sweat

>he took a few seconds to wheeze and huff, before lifting his head and looking at Sphynx

.....

>and he soon was able to smile widely in turn


<"Well, there's one benefit to this, anyway..."

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533558

File: 1509904320725.png (105.37 KB, 400x300, thats not good.png)

>>41533556
>Bolone's smile didn't escape Sphynx after too long
>she blinked, a bright blush appearing over her cheeks as she realized he'd noticed her laughing
>she quickly turned her head, shrinking slightly and trying to keep a hand in front of her face to hide
>she'd glance past her hand at Bolone again, looking more embarrassed than ever, but then pauses and blinks
S-Sir Bolone!
>she quickly got closer to the fence, trying to whisper urgently to him
>she'd point a finger next to him, not wanting to startle his prey

>Sphynx pointed at Poncy, who had calmed down once more when Bolone stopped chasing him

>but in the time Bolone had spent smiling towards Sphynx, Poncy has begun wandering around the backyard
>and perhaps feeling a bit cocky, he was now a mere two feet away from Bolone, clucking absentmindedly as he payed little attention to his adversary

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533559

File: 1509905979057.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41533558

-?

>Bolone turned his head to where Sphynx was pointing, noticing that Poncy was back to his strutting and mocking ways

>he was starting to wish he had actually made some sort of plan for this, rather than stupidly rushing into it

>well, might as well keep rushing into things

>so, with no other recourse, and with Poncy's back turned...
>Bolone simply leaped for him, trying to grab him in one swift motion

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533560

>>41533559
[rsv]B-KAWK!![/rcv]
>Poncy let out a loud squawk, taken by surprise by the crafty Lantern
>he flapped his wings furiously, but Poncy was simply no match strength-wise against Bolone
>he would make the Lantern seem like a fool no longer, for the gallant Poncy had fallen due to his own hubris
>surprisingly, Poncy didn't struggle quite as much as expected when he was finally in Bolone's hands
>maybe he was already tired from all the running, so after a few seconds of struggling he had simply given up

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533561

File: 1509907087727.jpg (50.03 KB, 339x426, download (16).jpg)

>>41533560
>victory was his at long last!
>Bolone had to resist the urge to hoist the chicken-beast up above his head like a trophy, given that'd just give him cause to run away again
>instead, he struggled back up to his feet while keeping Poncy tucked under his arm, making his way back to the fenced area
>he then levitated off of the ground, hovering over to the chicken coop, and landed safely before putting Poncy down

Now.

>he then wagged a finger in Poncy's face as he admonished him


You stay put in here, got it?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533562

File: 1509907548950.png (160.28 KB, 400x300, thats great.png)

>>41533561
>Sphynx's smile brightened as she saw Bolone grab the runaway rooster
>she quickly moved over to him and Poncy once they landed back in the enclosure, very relieved to see everything ended as well as it did

>Poncy stared at the finger being wagged in front of him

>...chomp!
>and quickly bit down on it before waddling away again
>the glove was too thick for his teeth to penetrate, of course, but one could say the rooster still walked away with the last laugh

>something that Sphynx couldn't help but laugh at as well

>although she tried just as hard to hide it as last time, quickly covering her mouth
Th-...Thank you, Sir Bolone...
>she took in a deep breath to calm down, and manage to keep talking
>but she hadn't lost the trace of a smile this time
I don't know how I can ever repay you for...finding Poncy...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533564

File: 1509908116307.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41533562

>CHOMP!


GAH!

>of course he'd go and do that!


>Bolone wagged his finger some more as Poncy retreated, this time out of pain more than anything else

>he cursed his lack of forethought, and would've vowed revenge on the little hellbeast one day
>but turning around to see Sphynx made him forget about that
>so, as he removed his glove, he offered Sphynx a smile of his own and was quick to reply

Don't worry, Miss Sphynx.

Your smile is all the reward I could ask for~

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533565

File: 1509908777553.png (103.95 KB, 400x300, so dreamy.png)

>>41533564
...

>processing...

...

...

......

...

...-!
>Sphynx's face instantly grew redder as the flusteredness quickly set in
>she turned away from Bolone, but not completely this time, so her smiling face was being rather poorly hidden only by her hair
Th-That's... That's... that's not a good...reward, o-or...anything...

I-It's...just a...smile...nothing special...
>she tried to think past her flustered mind and focus on something else
>but it was clear she wasn't complimented quite like this very often, and had a hard time dealing with it

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533568

File: 1509910723672.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533565
>Bolone let out a light chuckle at Sphynx's reaction, soon approaching her while still wearing that smile on his face

I beg to differ, Miss Sphynx...

>he handed her the gloves she gave him, all while speaking in the same coaxing and almost alluring tone


I think your smile is very special~

>with that said, he went back to his original chipper and cheery voice before continuing


So, what do we do now?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533569

File: 1509911363750.png (105.37 KB, 400x300, thats not good.png)

>>41533568
-!!
>with a small squeak, Sphynx shakily grabbed the gloves
>clearly growing more flustered with each of Bolone's words, she quickly tried to focus her mind on something else
>she placed the gloves back in their box and closed, trying hard to think of something to answer him
W-W-W-...W-Well...
>she took in a deep breath, trying to calm down a little before continuing
I-If... If Poncy could get out...l-like he did... um...
>she pointed at the coop
I-I...w-we... I-I should try and move th-the henhouse f-further away from the...the fence...
>easier said than done, seeing as how the henhouse was very large in order to accommodate all of the chickens

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533570

File: 1509913374857.png (148.11 KB, 240x366, Negi 1.png)

>>41533569
>Bolone's grin only grew wider at Sphynx's reactions, the Lantern having way too much fun with this
>he waited patiently for her to gather her thoughts, and then at her request, he turned to the henhouse and folded his arms, humming in thought

...shouldn't be too difficult...

>he rubbed his hands together, almost like he was going to pick up the house himself, and then looked back to her


Did you have a certain spot you wanted to put it?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533573

File: 1509920649856.png (136.55 KB, 400x300, what.png)

>>41533570
>Sphynx blinked at Bolone's gung-ho attitude towards moving the house
>and considering he was even shorter than she was, she couldn't help but look a little confused
Um...
>she blinked, then started to look around the area
>she moved a few steps towards the center, before motioning in front of her
I-I think...here should do...? Even if he gets back on top of it, I...think this should be far enough that he can't simply...jump out...the fence...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533579

File: 1509926797427.jpg (39.97 KB, 350x512, __negi_springfield_kamen_rider…)

>>41533573
>Bolone made a note of where Sphynx was pointing, slowly nodding once in understanding

Alright...stand back...

>he then held his ring hand out, as two beams of light emerged from his ring

>the beams then changed shape, forming two large hands that wrapped around the henhouse

OK, easy does it...

>the hands then slowly lifted the house off of the ground, careful to not disturb any of the chickens either hiding inside or around the coop

>he then just as slowly moved the house towards the spot where Sphynx indicated, not lifting it up high at all, only keeping it an inch or so off the ground
>he shifted around so that the house would remain facing forwards, then carefully settled it down in the spot Sphynx picked, treating it as though it were a delicate piece of art that needed to be handled with the utmost care

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533580

File: 1509929462118.png (126.18 KB, 400x300, left the oven on.png)

>>41533579
>the chickens were undisturbed, not reacting at all to the glowing hands lifting their house off the ground
>it was only it was set back down on the ground that they took notice, quickly gathering around the henhouse to inspect its new location
>the few chickens that were inside didn't seem too preoccupied either, Bolone's gentle care in lifting the henhouse not having perturbed them in the slightest

>the only person that seemed at all surprised was Sphynx

>her eyes had widened with a shimmer in them that had yet to make itself known at the sight of the glowing pink hands
>much like her sister the night before, the glowing constructs had left her in a similar state of utter fascination
>her mouth slowly opened, but she was unable to make any noise, still entranced by the glowing constructs

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533581

File: 1509930184841.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533580
>Bolone let out a soft exhale when the house was safely moved, the two hands moving off of the structure shortly afterwards
>he dismissed the constructs quickly, both hands shrinking back into the ring, before he looked back up at Sphynx
>upon seeing her reaction, he looked back to the ring, then up at her, before smiling somewhat bashfully

Amazing what can be done nowadays, isn't it?

>he walked over to her again, stopping front of her, then placing a finger under her chin while grinning widely


Impressed~?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533582

File: 1509930573597.png (160.84 KB, 400x300, thats not true.png)

>>41533581
>when the pink hands vanished, Sphynx quickly blinked as she got snapped out of her stupor
>but she was mostly just left more confused, and took a while before she answered Bolone
Um...y-yes, v-...very amaz-!!
>only to freeze up instantly as soon as he touched her
>much like Bareeh, Sphynx felt noticeably colder to the touch than normal for people
Uh-uh-um-uuum-uh-uh...mh-uh...um...
>her face quickly grew brighter and brighter, Sphynx suddenly being caught in a loop of noises that never quite managed to form into words

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533583

File: 1509931366115.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41533582
>Bolone let out another chuckle at Sphynx, moving his hand away from her after she was left a stuttering mess
>he did wonder just why she and Bareeh felt so cold, but it seemed rude to pry about that
>especially when poor Sphynx was already going through enough

>so, trying not to sound too pleased with himself, Bolone asked in a mildly concerned tone:


Are you alright?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533624

File: 1509998441961.png (141.46 KB, 400x300, worry.png)

>>41533583
>Sphynx still took a while before her brain could start working again
>even without Bolone touching her, the redness failed to subside
>and her speech still wasn't making much sense
Uh-Uh-I-I-... Um...um...um...
>until finally, she managed to blurt a very quiet:
I-I'm f-fine, I-I'm...I'm alright!
>she quickly turn, still fidgeting with her hands in an attempt to cover her face
>she really should try to change the topic but her brain had all but given up, locking her from saying anything else

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533625

File: 1509999741205.jpg (20.51 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77slxulDw1qmidq…)

>>41533624
>geez, it was almost too easy to get Sphynx flustered like this
>Bolone wasn't sure if he should keep poking her or back off a bit to give her room to breathe
>he soon opted to do the latter, inching away from her just a little, before speaking again

So, what do we do now?

>it still sounded fairly amused by this, thoroughly enjoying how she was acting

>it was just too damn cute

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533626

File: 1510000226703.png (185.55 KB, 400x300, Im not sure.png)

>>41533625
>Sphynx kept up her flustered ways, having trouble answering Bolone
>she lifted a shaky hand, pointing at a section of the enclosure that had been fenced off
>inside seemed to be a few bags of chicken food, which is what Sphynx was clearly trying to point at
>the feeder had almost no more food for the chickens, so filling it up would definitely be a priority

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533627

File: 1510002607400.png (139.59 KB, 322x383, Negi.png)

>>41533626
>Bolone looked over to the bags of chicken feed, making the obvious connection
>he started to head over to the spot in question, but paused and looked back at Sphynx for a moment
>he was actually starting to feel bad for having teased her so much, even if he was just being friendly
>he didn't want to completely overwhelm her, and it was clear that just about anything he did could do that
>so he needed to give her some room
>so he resumed walking towards the spot in question, stopping only to hover over the fence and grab one of the bags
>he'd wait for her to say something this time, instead of controlling the conversation

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533628

File: 1510003333431.png (103.95 KB, 400x300, so dreamy.png)

>>41533627
>Sphynx remained rooted in place with embarrassment, desperately trying to think of anything else to lessen the redness on her face
>she tried to think of anything other than the feeling of Bolone's warm skin against her
>she tried to forget the brilliant smile he'd shined on her several times
>she tried to ignore his deep red eyes staring right at her as he so brazenly complimented her smile
>she tried to not think about the noises that came from her mother's room last night, and what had brought them on-
Eek...!
>with a tiny squeak, poor Sphynx's mind had been overloaded
>as her face reached the limit that a face could turn red, she simply fell over like a plank of wood
>a goofy smile stamped on her face, she trembled slightly on the ground surrounded by the chickens, mumbling and giggling in a daze

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533629

File: 1510003967773.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41533628

-?

>Bolone heard something fall over behind him, turning back to look


-!

>in a panic, he dropped the bag of feed and flew back over to where Sphynx was, dropping down beside her


Sphynx?!

Sphynx, are you OK?!

>she looked like she had just fallen over, but there was the possibility she hit her head or something

>given the way she was shaking, who could be sure?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533690

File: 1510091376220.png (126.18 KB, 400x300, left the oven on.png)

>>41533629
>Sphynx only let out a few mumbles as a response
>she still had a goofy smile stamped on her face, occasionally giggling at whatever thoughts were running through her mind at that time
...~!

...-!
>until she blinked, quickly sitting up once she realized what had just happened
I-I-I-I'M FINE!
>she managed to squeak out as a response
>her little episode did nothing to reduce the amount of red on her face, and only served to embarrass her further
>she fidgeted in place, kneeling on the ground and trying to hide her burning face from Bolone as those thoughts just kept coming back!
I-I-I'm s-s-sorry I-I... I'm s-sorry f-for worrying you...! I-I'm fine, I-I just...j-just...t-tripped! I-I just tripped, that's all!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533691

File: 1510092800329.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41533690
>Bolone jolted as Sphynx sat straight up like an undead creature, not at all convinced she was OK despite her hurried assurances otherwise

Are you sure...?

>he shifted around so that he was behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders while staring at the back of her head


You didn't hit your head or anything?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533692

File: 1510093424581.png (152.04 KB, 400x300, dont look.png)

>>41533691
<"He'stouchingmeagainhe'stouchingmeagainhe'stouchingmeagain-!"
>what followed was a quick succession of various squeaks and squeals as Sphynx jolted, almost as if she had just been tickled
>quickly bringing her hands up to her mouth to prevent any further embarrassing noises from getting out, she fidgeted slightly in place as she shook her head to answer him
>but that only served for her to feel Bolone's hands rubbing on her shoulders, which really didn't help her current predicament

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533693

File: 1510094823934.jpg (17.35 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41533692
>Bolone couldn't see any bruises or bumps on Sphynx's head, so at least there was that concern alleviated
>still, Sphynx was acting very odd, and he couldn't really figure out why

...just to be safe, you shouldn't move right away...

>he moved over to her side, keeping a hand on her shoulder while giving her a concerned look


You just take it easy, and I'll feed them, OK?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533694

File: 1510095173492.png (105.37 KB, 400x300, thats not good.png)

>>41533693
>Sphynx quickly shook her head in agreement as her response
>she still had a hard time looking at Bolone directly, wanting to prevent looking any more embarrassed then she already was
>but with all the touching and close proximity, it was incredibly hard to get rid of the bright red all over her face
>at least while he took care of the chickens, she could work on thinking of anything else she could to get her mind off of him
...
<"He smells really nice..."
<"DAMMIT!"

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533695

File: 1510097095857.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41533694
>Bolone stared at her for a moment, trying to get a read on her face, mostly just noticing how red she looked
>but he soon pulled away from her and went to do as he said, glancing back briefly to check on her before going to pick up the chicken feed
>as he walked over to start filling the feeder, he again looked over at her with a curious expression, starting to wonder just what the problem was
>she'd been acting very shy and withdrawn since he saw her, but this was going way overboard with that
>and it seemed like the closer he got to her, the worse she got

<"...wait, is that why...?"

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533696

File: 1510097571008.png (141.46 KB, 400x300, worry.png)

>>41533695
>once Bolone approached the feeder, he'd quickly be surrounded by chickens eagerly awaiting their food
>their clucking grew louder as their patience began wearing thin

>Sphynx, meanwhile, simply remained where she was

>using some breathing exercises, she felt her mind clear out of its haze, and becoming easier to focus on things better
>the red on her face still wasn't going away entirely, but it had died down slightly
>she managed to glance aside at Bolone, seeing the group of chickens already gathered all around him
>but when she notices he was still looking right at her, she quickly turned her head away to hide her blush once more

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533697

File: 1510098693548.jpg (14.67 KB, 165x225, download (18).jpg)

>>41533696
>Bolone watched her for a second or two longer before turning to the feeder, filling it up with the seeds so the chickens could get at it
>all while wondering how he was going to approach this
>Sphynx was probably interested in him, but how could he really instigate anything?
>he just touched her and she looked ready to pass out all over again
>that would make things very tricky, to say the least
>he wanted her to feel relaxed and comfortable, not wound up and anxious

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533730

File: 1510159341656.png (150.29 KB, 400x300, blushing.png)

>>41533697
>the feeder would soon be filled up, and surrounded by a large group of feathered fiends
>clucking happily, they scooped up large mouthfuls of seeds into their mouths to fill their bellies

>Sphynx took a few more seconds before she could finally stand up

>she takes in a deep breath, then lets out a long exhale to hopefully get to relax
>after two or three more of these inhales and exhales, she finally managed to work up the courage to turn to Bolone again
>and seeing him surrounded by the chickens as they feasted, she couldn't help but smile happily
>there was still a noticeable blush on her face, but at least she could face him without turning into a tomato
Th-Thank you so much for...your help, Sir Bolone... I'm very sorry you had to go through...a-all this trouble...
>pausing, she tried to add with a joking tone:
I-If my mom found out about me having...a guest work...she'd be furious!

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533737

File: 1510161285932.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41533730
>once the feeder was all full and the chickens were satisfied, Bolone walked back to where the feed had been kept and placed the bag down, just so the hens couldn't get into it
>he then looked back to Sphynx just as she started talking to him, glad that she had composed herself a bit more
>...yet he couldn't help but he tempted to make her all flustered again, despite his previous uncertainty
>so he soon approached her, smiling generously as he took her hand in his

Oh it was no trouble at all, Sphynx. If anything, I'd say it was quite the pleasure to help you out~

Just ask anything of me, and I'd be more than happy to do it~

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533754

File: 1510162527100.png (186.57 KB, 400x300, dont be mad.png)

>>41533737
<"He'stouchingmeagainhe'stouchingmeagainhe'stouchingTOUCHTOUCHTOUCHTOUCHTOUCHTOUCHTOUCH-!"
>squeak!
>all of that work to diminish the red on her face was flushed straight down the drain, as she went back to looking like a glowing tomato once more
>her mind spun around violently, once again rendering her unable to actually say anything beyond some sputtering and squeaks
>it took a lot of willpower to prevent herself from fainting again, and while she could easily slip her hand away from his... he was so warm!
Um...uh...uh-um...um...um...
>"Just ask anything of me..."
...
>her shaky, sweaty hand squeezed down slightly on Bolone's as internal battle went on inside Sphynx's head
>she couldn't possibly ask anything else from him, especially not what she had in mind at that moment
>"Just ask anything of me..."
...a-anything...?
>she couldn't
>she simply couldn't!
...

...

C-...C-...C-Could...could you...um...p-lease...um...c-could...

Could...you...t-...t-touch m-...m-my face, p-p-please...?

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533759

File: 1510165582717.png (148.11 KB, 240x366, Negi 1.png)

>>41533754
>Bolone was just floored by how easy it was to get her all flustered, as well as how oddly cold her skin was
>Bareeh was much the same, now that he thought about it
>was this just something with her family?

>there was a nagging feeling at the back of Bolone's mind again, as if there was something he was missing

>but that thought was put aside when he heard Sphynx whispering
>he had to lean forward slightly to properly hear her, but when he did, he found himself chuckling a little
>it was such an innocent request, but one that he couldn't deny her

>so, while still holding her hand, he lifted his other hand up and gently placed it on her cheek

>his smile softened to a more relaxed one, and while ignoring how cold she felt, asked:

Like this...?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533760

File: 1510166265881.png (103.95 KB, 400x300, so dreamy.png)

>>41533759
-!!
>Sphynx's hand gripped down tighter around Bolone's hand when it happened
>the sheer warmth that engulfed her cheek struck her like an electric shock, her entire body quivering from the experience
>despite being right in front of Bolone she hardly seemed to be even looking at him, her eyes glazed over with elation
>a wide smile appeared on her face, Sphynx completely stupefied by the simple action
>she swayed and then simply fell forward onto Bolone, her body actually feeling slightly warmer to the touch now

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533762

File: 1510168242424.jpg (14.67 KB, 393x108, tumblr_mq4ge4IAuO1s423woo2_400…)

>>41533760

-!

>Bolone had to steady himself as Sphynx fell against him, managing to keep her from pushing them both onto the ground, moving his hands around to hold her close

>if that was what happened when he just touched her cheek, God knows what'd happen if he touched her elsewhere...

Um...

>of course he couldn't keep holding her like this forever, since she seemed to be ready to pass out


Did you...maybe want to go back inside...?

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533763

File: 1510168702119.png (150.29 KB, 400x300, blushing.png)

>>41533762
>Sphynx didn't answer at all at first, content being a bag of dead weight in Bolone's arms
>her breathing only got heavier, and her arms very slowly tried to wrap around Bolone
>her face was buried on his shoulder, lost in the warmth that emanated from the Lantern
...

...

...

>her arms squeezed around him slightly
Room...yes...

Bolone!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41533764

File: 1510170732824.jpg (223.35 KB, 796x607, tumblr_lm4xccWAp01qeoygio1_128…)

>>41533763
>with permission given, Bolone slowly scooped Sphynx up in his arms, the light from his ring slowly engulfing them both
>he then turned and flew back to the house, though he slowed down for a moment as he realized that Bareeh's room had no entrances or exits, meaning he couldn't go anywhere from there
>it took some quick searching to find the window to Sphynx's room, but once he did, the window was safely closed, the curtains were drawn, and soon Bolone would find himself wrapped in darkness again...
This post was edited by its author on .

Narrator!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41534915

File: 1511761401904.jpg (38.74 KB, 417x237, phantom_eagle-savage_land-park…)

>>41534904
>>41534905
>>41534906

>Earth, The Antarctic Circle, 1717

>So few reports and recordings of this event exist, but the very few that do are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac

>Of a massive purple vortex opening in the sky

>Of a land mass descending and falling on the land, a landmass with weather different and remaining different from the cold all around it.

>Of people, both purely human and of human and odd creature, monster, mix, aiding in the descent and safe lowering of the land


>A land transported from its home to another, and then transplanted once more...


>Surely, even in this harsh environment, Mo'Galile would eventually thrive again.
This post was edited by its author on .

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537908

File: 1515792284435.png (150.29 KB, 400x300, blushing.png)

>>41533764
>as the day grows longer, the shadows within the sleepy swamp house remained stalwart in their adherence to the darkness
>Sphynx's room was as mysterious as its owner, revealing very little about herself
>there was a bed, a desk, a closet, one bookshelf, an old and large grandfather clock, and most noticeable of all, dozens upon dozens of pillows everywhere
>pillows on the floor, pillows on the bed, pillows on the desk, pillows in and on the closet, pillows of every shape and size, and all of them extremely soft and comfortable

>although for the moment, Sphynx was using something other than a pillow to rest her head

>she clung closely to her companion, head on his chest, arm around his torso, and a leg coiled around one of his own, making sure to have as much of her skin receive the warmth of his as possible
>she said nothing as she kept her eyes closed, but she wasn't asleep, simply basking in the heat of the redhead's body

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537911

File: 1515793933856.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41537908
>this was probably one of the softest places Bolone found himself resting in, if only because of all the pillows everywhere
>probably in his top ten, for sure
>that, combined with the lovely form resting against him, made this for a very gratifying experience

>moments like this, where he was just nestled comfortably with someone he spent a day with, were what made it all worth it

>even if Sphynx felt rather cold to the touch still, but that's what blankets were for
>and he could endure it, if it meant she kept the pleasant smile on her face

>he rested one of his hands in her hair, while the other was on her lower back, gently rubbing his finger in little circles there

>aside that, he just watched her lay there, content to enjoy her company this way for the time being

Sphynx!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537912

File: 1515795804481.png (59.62 KB, 240x179, thats no good.png)

>>41537911
>Sphynx's body twitched every now and then in rhythm with the circles being trailed upon it
>she was a bit ticklish in some areas, but was far too comfortable to really try and fight it
>a soft bubbly giggle left her mouth, her smile growing wider but she remained silent
>with Sphynx seemingly having no intention of letting go, it seemed like Bolone was going to spend quite a bit more time there...

>but then, something shook on the corner of his eye

>the shadows in the room seemed to grow in size, and the darkness growing much more pronounced and thicker
>and then, a pair of very pale arms reached out, grabbing on to Bolone's own arm
>and simply yanking him into the black hole that had opened up on the wall next to him

>for a very long second, Bolone was shrouded in freezing silent darkness, almost all senses being deprived from him

>until suddenly, he reemerged into another dimly lit room
>this one had its entire walls covered in bookshelves, resembling more a library than anything else
>there was no bed, only a large rug on the floor and a very large beanbag couch that could very well serve as the bed by itself

>Bolone wasn't alone in this new room, however

>Kuza knelt beside him, a stern look on her face
>but it's quickly replaced with a softer and more concerned look
>and then a quick blush as she turns her face away, covering her head with her cloak
S-...Sorry... I thought you'd have been dressed by now...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537913

File: 1515797846056.jpg (44.48 KB, 269x270, tumblr_inline_nhd947yLSw1raysw…)

>>41537912
>for a little bit, Bolone didn't notice the shadows growing around him, keeping his attention focused on Sphynx and her resting form
>but soon enough it was clear the shadows creeping up couldn't be ignored, but before Bolone could do anything he suddenly found himself yanked out of bed and into the inky blackness apropos of nothing
>as he fell downwards into the shadows, he felt the coldness seep into his very bones - which wasn't helped by him being completely buck naked
>his ring began to glow as he looked around, prepared to do something bust out of this

-!

>but then he found himself laying on a large rug, blinking confusedly and trying to make sense of what just happened

>then when Kuza looked down at him, he seemed to relax, even grinning a bit when she turned away

Well, you did kinda catch me unprepared...

>while his ring was glowing, he waved his hand over himself, particles of pink energy falling down onto his body

>the particles soon materialized into his typical skintight suit, and he sat up to properly address her

You could've just said something before you did that.

I'd hate to think of how disappointed your sister is now...

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537915

File: 1515799053072.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41537913
>Kuza glanced at Bolone from underneath her cloak before the pink energy formed his suit
>she then looked up at his face, turning to face him fully without looking too concerned
She'll be fine. She knows the house rules.
>she then turned, floating over to the bookshelves without actually explaining what she meant
>she moved her finger over a few books' spines, before pulling a dark brown one off and opening it
I spent last night doing some research, trying to find anything on that lantern of yours...
>she flipped through the pages as she floated back nearer the Violet Lantern
I don't claim to have the definitive source of information located entirely in my bedroom, so I'm only able to work with what I do have...
>she crossed her legs, taking a "seat" in midair near Bolone
I think I found a few things that matched what you told me. Like, here...
>she turned the book to face Bolone, the pages showing a strange image
>a strange creature was drawn onto the pages, with the torso of a woman, the head of a goat, and tentacles of an octopus
>she also had a beaver tail, eight breasts, wings with ears on her head above eight eyes, and what were unquestionably eight vaginas
Is this your boss?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537918

File: 1515802230240.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41537915
>Bolone watched Kuza float away, wondering what she could've meant by "house rules" in regards to Sphynx
>not that he had long to really dwell on it, as Kuza had something else to talk to him about
>so he did as she did, floating in the air across from her, a faint aura of pink energy around him
>which he knew would pique her interest, if not more than that
>though seeing the picture she presented to him was more interesting for him, if only because of how strange it was

.....

>he let out a short snicker at the question if that was his "boss", placing a hand over his mouth and looking away for a moment


If that is how she looked, it wasn't the case when I found her...

>he then looked back to her, a thoroughly amused expression on his face

>he held his hands up, one above the other, not very far apart

For one, she's usually a lot smaller.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537919

File: 1515803216540.png (96.8 KB, 320x240, go away.png)

>>41537918
>Kuza's eyes widened at the pink energy that surrounded Bolone, shrinking further into her cloak to try and hide from the glow
>she tried her best to ignore it for now, attempting to focus on the matter at hand
S-Smaller....?
>she thought to herself before closing the book, and quickly floating over tot he bookshelves
>she stored the book back in its place before moving to another wall, and quickly picking out a dark purple book
>floating over to Bolone, she flipped over a few pages before showing him another image
>this one was smaller and a bit more normal, showing a short pudgy and pink fairy with very long ear, carrying a burning flower in her arms
How about this? Does this look more like her?
>she then pauses, raising an eyebrow as she realized:
Does your boss even have a name...?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537920

File: 1515804266437.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41537919
>Bolone leaned closed slightly to look at the image presented, humming and tilting his head while staring at the fairy

That's definitely closer. I don't remember her ever carrying that flower, but aside that it's pretty close.

>he then straightened up and placed his hands together, the pink energy building up between them

>he then slowly separated them, showing a construct of the little gremlin that acted as his boss earlier that day

This is what she looks like, at least to me.

Most of the time, anyway.

>the construct then began yammering rapidly, though all that came out was a strange yipping noise, like a tiny dog

>despite this oddness, Bolone continued to answer her question

As for her name...oddly enough, she calls herself The Predator with me.

Not sure if she's ever had any other names, but I think that's what she's mostly known as.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537922

File: 1515804846424.png (335.5 KB, 640x427, its nothing.png)

>>41537920
>normally, Kuza would have been utterly enamored by the pink energy constructs created by the Violet Lantern
>but all she could really do was stare confused at the tiny... thing yapping between Bolone's hands
>she'd laugh at the image, if it wasn't so baffling
...
>prying her eyes away from the... thing, she looked up at Bolone with a raised eyebrow
"Predator"...? I thought you said this thing was made out of love.
>she looked down at the book with a frown, then took a moment to think
Predator... Predator...
>she closed the book and flew back towards the shelves to store it
We're talking about an eons-old emotional entity who's waged war against some universal abomination, weakening it to the point it needed the help of regular mortals to regain its power...
>she turned to Bolone, eying his ring specifically
...using rings and a lantern...

...

...

...

Can I see her?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537924

File: 1515805929961.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41537922
>Bolone pressed his hands back together, the construct disappearing with a 'pop'
>then, rather nonchalantly, he looked back to Kuza with an apologetic expression

I don't know about that, honestly...I don't think she likes to be seen.

>he looks around the room for a moment, as if expecting to see something wandering around there


Sometimes I'll see her around when I'm traveling, but even when I do no one else can see her.

>he then looked back to Kuza, giving a light shrug


Not sure if that's her choice or not...

But maybe I can try to talk her into it?

>he looked around the room again, trying to find a door out of there

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537931

File: 1515810942559.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41537924
>much like Bareeh and Sphynx's room, there were no doors leading downstairs, only the window on the wall

>Kuza frowned lightly, not sure how to approach this

>if the Predator didn't want to be seen, there wasn't a lot she could say to convince it
>and if the Predator couldn't be seen, then she was completely out of luck
...
>she lets out a short sigh, turning to Bolone
It's probably not worth it.

I wouldn't even know what to say to something like that anyway...
>she floated back to Bolone, keeping her expression neutral
...

How do you manage it? Speaking with it, I mean. Isn't it... daunting for you being so close to something that ancient...?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537935

File: 1515812292190.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41537931
>Bolone looked to the window, and considered heading out and getting the Lantern from the living room
>but Kuza had changed her mind, so it was probably best to leave it at that
>he looked back at her when she asked her question, giving a weak laugh and rubbing the back of his neck

Not...exactly. At least, not in the way you think.

I call her my "boss" because that's basically how she acts. Like a boss yelling at me to get more done so she can get her strength back.

>he sighed, then held his hands out again, more pink energy moving between them


I mean, I get why she's frustrated. It can't be fun being weaker than she once was...

>what looked like a miniature dragon appeared in his hands, stretching its wings out and letting out a tiny snarl


But I don't want to just take love from people and move on, you know? That doesn't ever seem right to me.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537936

File: 1515812812562.png (54.27 KB, 240x180, whats your point.png)

>>41537935
>Kuza flinched with a small squeak once the dragon appeared, quickly turning her head away
>trying very hard to fight off the same impulsion as the night before, she floated a bit further away from him
So, what... You just fly from planet to planet to visit everyone you got together with before?

That sounds like a stupid amount of work just out of some sense of loyalty towards others. Why did you even accept this "job" if you had such differences with the Predator?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537939

File: 1515815134700.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41537936
>Bolone let the miniature dragon take flight from his hands, the creature starting to circle overhead
>he watched it fly around, even as he answered Kuza with a calm and confident tone

Because I believe in going the extra mile to keep love alive in people's hearts for as long as I can.

Love is like any other emotion. It's fleeting, it's temporary. And if it isn't worked on or maintained, it might never come back for some people.

But as corny as it might sound, I do think love can be what brings about peace in this galaxy, as long as people keep it going on and on.

>the dragon soon disappeared into a snowy cloud of pink particles, which fell down onto Bolone's body and merged with the aura around him


So it might annoy her if I take all this extra time to do that, but in the long run I think it'd be better for not just her, but everyone.

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537949

File: 1515824050521.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41537939
...

...

That does sound corny.
>Kuza had no problem in saying
But logically speaking, it makes sense. Most people don't go out of their way to hurt those they love.
>she paused
Most don't.

So I guess if you could somehow make love the default emotional state in the galaxy, then yeah, I could see how it would harder for there to be something like the Jupiter Empire or whatever they're called.

>another pause, Kuza now turning back to him

But I really don't think you can visit every single person on every planet of the galaxy to do this by yourself. You'd need some kind of... Lantern Corp for that.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537962

File: 1515863852227.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41537949
>Bolone let out a small chuckle at Kuza's blunt response, not ashamed of his corniness at all
>at her latter remark regarding a Lantern Corp, he again gave a more awkward chuckle

Well, we did use to have that, long before I came along...

But then...something happened that dismantled the Corps. Most of them didn't survive, and those that did were scattered all over the universe.

And that's why Predator is weakened now.

>he frowned and rubbed the back of his neck again, trying to think of something


I think there might be a couple of others out there? I haven't run into any of them myself, so I'm not sure...

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537971

File: 1515884224480.png (96.8 KB, 320x240, go away.png)

>>41537962
>Kuza raised an eyebrow, taking a seat in the air next to Bolone again
The Predator hasn't told you? Isn't that a bit weird?

You'd think it would want an organized force of rings gathering as much love as they could, so I can't see the benefits in keeping it a secret from you.
>she pauses to think, wondering if it was even possible to comprehend something like the Predator and its plans
...

Doesn't it get lonely?
>she asked
I mean, I know your job is to not be lonely, but you can't be with someone all the time.

Traveling from planet to planet, away from your own home, with no real guarantee you'll even find someone... And even when you do, you can't be certain they'll still be there when you get back.

How do you cope with that?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537978

File: 1515888059168.jpg (17.35 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41537971
>Bolone hummed at Kuza's first question, trying to think of an answer for that

Well...I mean, when she first found me I was...a bit of a mess, to be honest. And since then we only ever talk about the work I'm not getting done...

So maybe she did mention more and I just missed it?

>he gave a small shrug, unable to add much more than that


.....

>at her second question, he fell silent for a moment or two, his smile fading a bit as he contemplated this


...it does, yeah...a lot, to be honest...

I guess what keeps me going is just the thought that, eventually, I'll find someone to be with...whether it's someone I already know or a new companion just waiting to be met...

>he smiled again at this, then leaned a little closer to Kuza as he went on


You sort of have to be an optimist for this sort of job~

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537979

File: 1515888534473.png (60.54 KB, 250x188, its fine.png)

>>41537978
>Kuza blinked, remaining quiet for a moment
>if nothing else, she had to admire his positive attitude
>she couldn't imagine putting this much work into something with such a minute percentage of actually seeing positive change
>it all sounded like a pointless struggle, almost Sisyphean in nature, whose only rewards were short-term bursts of togetherness with another person
...

...

>but electing to keep those thoughts to herself, Bolone had said something that spiked her interest once more:

A "mess?"

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537981

File: 1515890069011.jpg (20.67 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s0bS4CE1qmidq…)

>>41537979
>Bolone's smile faded again at Kuza's follow-up question, and he settled back into his sitting position to explain

...the day Predator found me, I had lost everything.

My friends were caught up in an explosion in town, sent by the dictator ruling our planet. None of them made it.

Our group fell apart, and my brother and I...we had a falling out, to say it nicely...

>he let out a sad sigh, then straightened up as he began to reminisce the exact moment he'd been found


I remember sitting under the night sky, all by myself, feeling at my absolute lowest, with no idea what I was going to do with myself...

And I saw a shooting star fly over my head. And...well, as corny as it was, I had nothing else, so I made a wish.

I wished that I could find a way to make everyone happy. To make everyone feel loved and appreciated. So that no one would be hateful enough to do things like what happened that day. And I wouldn't have to feel so alone anymore...

>he paused, letting out another sigh, then held up his hand to show the ring to her


The star changed direction, and flew right at me.

Turns out it was this! Then I heard a voice saying that it'd detected a "great amount of love" within me, so I was chosen as the Violet Lantern of Sector...something-or-other.

Then it slipped onto my finger and whisked me away to some other planet to meet my new boss. And I was so confused and emotionally all over the place that I only kind of remember what even happened...

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537984

File: 1515891331120.png (254.12 KB, 640x438, I am amused.png)

>>41537981
>Kuza showed very little in terms of emotion as Bolone recounted his story
>she kept her eyes on him, clearly listening attentively, but not reacting to it
Sounds rough.
>was all she really offered at first
>she looked away from him for a moment
...

I can certainly understand that wish...

And who knows, maybe someday you'll still be alive to see it come true, right?
>she turned to him with a subtle but clearly visible smile
You managed to bring something into this place, at the very least... It probably needed it too...

So... sorry for slamming the door in your face.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537987

File: 1515893565654.png (219.87 KB, 900x593, download (3).png)

>>41537984
>Bolone chuckled a bit at that, able to smile brightly after that

It's alright. I'm not about to hold that against you.

And I'll do everything I can to make that happen, for as long as I can.

So with that in mind...

>Bolone then hovered a little closer to Kuza, his grin settled into a sly smile


What would make you happy, Kuza~?

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537991

File: 1515894368009.png (37.52 KB, 126x162, books are friends.png)

>>41537987
>Kuza was clearly harder to embarrass then her sister, not reacting to Bolone's proximity
>she stared at him for a moment, thinking about her answer
...

...

>and without further provocation, she leaned forward to plant a cold kiss right on Bolone's lips

>her hands reached forward to grab his shoulders, gently pushing him closer as the two floated in the air

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537992

File: 1515895312455.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41537991
>Bolone was a bit surprised by the gesture, but certainly not unappreciative of it
>even with her cold skin touching his, he eagerly returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in
>he held her for a few seconds, keeping the kiss going and surprisingly not letting his hands wander too far south
>instead, after a moment or two, he gently broke the kiss, then reached up and began to lower her hood, though he was carefully slow in case she wanted him to stop

Kuza!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41537993

File: 1515895996863.png (206.95 KB, 467x343, happy.png)

>>41537992
>Kuza made no attempt to stop him as he removed her hood, even moving her head slightly to speed up the process with a pleased smile on her face
>she then quickly moved in to meet Bolone's lips once more, growing more eager by the second
>and while Bolone's hands had managed to hold back on moving southwards, Kuza's hands were already moving behind his back
>her legs stretched from their crossed position, already start to coil around Bolone's as her cloak seemed to be slowly enveloping him in cold darkness as she pulled herself closer to him...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538919

File: 1517869383705.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>in the not-too-distant-past
>somewhere in time and space

-------------------

>life on the road, so to speak, wasn't anything new for Bolone

>after all, his job as a Violet Lantern required a lot of travel from planet to planet, so he was used to waking up in unfamiliar locations and having to find a way to the next one on the fly
>but literally being on the road was a bit different

>being part of a wrestling league meant driving from city to city, long hours on the road with little to nothing to do

>which was torture enough on his own, at least when Bolone wasn't driving himself
>even more so with two gorgeous partners and an uncertainty about the ethical nature of getting "frisky" with them...

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538920

File: 1517870492895.png (846.28 KB, 700x990, bloom by tashiromotoi.png)

>>41538919
>the two wrestlers had little trouble keeping themselves busy during the long trips from venue to venue
>especially on the rare occasions they got the bus all to themselves!
>it was one of those fancy buses where the driver was completely separated from the rest of the vehicle, kept inside a protective enclosure, and out of sight from the passengers
>highly debatable security measures aside, this did give people ample privacy during the trip

>Zagan and Sitri found themselves on the row next to where Bolone was sitting

>Sitri on all fours over the chairs, and Angel leaning over her, the two keeping their faces glued to the window
>the deserted wasteland landscape outside provided little in terms of view, only endless stretches of sand and rock
>yet the intense focus on their eyes refused to falter, the two only blinking the bare minimum necessary to keep their eyes moist
CACTUS!
>Zagan suddenly shouted, before delivering a stiff punch down on Sitri's shoulder
>her stepsister yelped, quickly reaching up to rub her shoulder with a groan
That's seven-naught! You really have to step it up, Sitri!

Aw, geez... I didn't even see the cactus that time... How do you do it?

>Zagan chuckled a bit smugly

You gotta learn to see past what you can actually see, Sitri! If ya put yer brain to it, ye're able to look beyond the horizon, and predict what lies there!

>Sitri let out an impresses "Wow!" at her sister's skills

That's amazing, Zagan! Is that why you keep running into walls? Because you're so focused on what lies on the other side?

>Zagan jolted slightly, scratching her cheek as she glanced aside

Y-Yeah! That's totally why! It's just hard to keep both planes of distance in mind when walking, that's all!

AH! CACTUS!
>Sitri then swings an elbow straight up at Zagan gut
>Zagan lets out a gasp, nearly toppling over from her precarious position on top of Sitri from the strength of blow
I-It... it's also hard to focus when talkin'...!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538921

File: 1517873674190.jpg (118.74 KB, 1024x566, tumblr_o1tcxsFGAy1tq4kmqo1_128…)

>>41538920
>Bolone was trying very hard to not look at his two tag-team partners beside him, but the temptation was so strong
>they had no idea what was going through his head on a regular basis, and he still wasn't entirely sure if he should tell them
>in some ways, it might be better if they didn't know
>but on the other hand, they should know, and better from him than someone who would want to take advantage of them
>but on the other other hand, wasn't that what he was considering doing?
>but on the other other other hand...

.....

>he snuck a peek at them as they were leaning over and staring out the window, and just as quickly went back to staring at the opposite wall

>they were right there, so close he could just reach over and touch them
>and he was oh so tempted to do so
>but was it really right to do that?

<"I'm gonna be debating this forever, aren't I?"

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538922

File: 1517874258726.png (463.4 KB, 651x1082, but thats wrong by st germain …)

>>41538921
>Zagan let out another breath, still rubbing her stomach as she let herself slip down onto a chair
>she groaned, glancing aside, and blinked as she noticed Bolone staring out the window as well
>in a quick movement, she got on all fours and simply jumped over onto the seats next to Bolone, her knees on the chair and her hands holding on to the armrest
Hey, Bolone! Ya've been really quiet all trip, man!
>she leaned up to try and look out the window, wondering if he was staring at something interesting
>but quickly looked back at Bolone with a grin
Don'cha wanna join us in a game of "Spot the Cactus"?

>Sitri looked over from her own seat, smiling gently

Maybe you could even beat Zagan's record! And nobody's ever done that!

>Zagan chuckled a bit at this

C'mon sis, don't get his hopes up THAT high!
>she then slid off of her knees to sit in a more comfortable position, looking over at Bolone
Or... somethin' on your mind there, champ? Or is the road just gettin' to ya?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538923

File: 1517877005925.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41538922

-!

>Bolone jolted when Zagan leapt over to where he was sitting, rustling him out of his stupor for only a moment

>which was replaced by him trying to keep focus on her face as he thought of an answer
>her cute, spacey, kissable face...

<"Dammit!"


A-Ah, no, just...don't really know what to do, that's all...

Probably should've brought a book with me...

>he hoped they didn't try to rope him into "Spot the Cactus"

>that'd probably result in a bruised and beaten Bolone in brief fashion
>though, eager to direct their focus elsewhere, he just asked

Why do you guys do that, anyway?

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538924

File: 1517883111169.png (422.96 KB, 763x621, relaxing.png)

>>41538923
>Zagan blinked, a bit confused
Do what? "Spot the Cactus"?
>she tilted her head, but still smiled at him
'Cause it's fun! And there ain't a whole lot to do on the road!

Sometimes we bring board games or cards, but...
>Sitri gained an embarrassed look
We kinda... forget them sometimes.

Or we just lose 'em along with our luggage.
>Zagan rather casually added, shrugging her shoulders slightly
So when ya don't got anything to entertain yerself, ya just gotta find other ways to do it!
>she grinned brightly
I'm sure we can think of something for the three of us to do! It's still gonna be a while 'til we reach the next show anyway.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538926

File: 1517885628259.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41538924
>oh there were plenty of things he could think of to do to entertain all of them
>which he had to stop thinking about right now!
>even with Zagan being so close to him...

U-Uh, s-sure...

>Bolone tried to keep up a more relaxed smile when answering Zagan, though he probably wasn't doing a very good job of it

>he just had to keep the focus off of him and on the other two so they wouldn't catch on

What exactly did you have in mind?

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538927

File: 1517886059871.png (196.41 KB, 436x532, dont ask me.png)

>>41538926
>Zagan tapped her chin, humming in thought
How about, maybe... rock, paper, scissors?

That starts getting a little boring after a few games, doesn't it?

>Zagan crossed her arms, frowning slightly in further contemplation

That's true...
>she thought a few seconds longer before continuing with her suggestions
Then how about something like... spin the bottle!

With only three people?

>Zagan frowned again, grunting

Right... That would be kinda boring...

>Sitri rubbed her chin, now joining in on the thinking

...oh!
>she snapped her fingers
What if we use Bolone's ring! It can store a ton of stuff inside it, right? It should have lots of games!

Oooh! Good idea, sis!
>Zagan turned to Bolone with another grin
Well~? Does your ring have any cool games we can play?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538941

File: 1517919619820.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41538927
>Bolone did perk up a bit at the mention of spin the bottle, and he briefly wondered just how often they played that sort of game themselves
>but when it was turned back to him to decide, he gave another sheepish smile and held up his ring

Actually, it doesn't really store things. It makes things.

Like...

>he thought about it for a moment, then the ring began to glow as something was formed

>said something was what looked like a snake made out of pure pink light
>which slithered out of the ring and through the air, moving around as normally as if it were a real creature

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538945

File: 1517928964509.png (750.15 KB, 655x789, what are you doing.png)

>>41538941
>Zagan and Sitri's eyes lit up as the ring began glowing in that warm pink light, the two mesmerized by it
>but when the snake emerged and slithered through the air, they were quick to jolt in surprise
SNAKE!
>Zagan quickly shouted, reached forward with her hand to grip down tightly on the snake
>showing surprising knowledge in how to handle snakes, she made sure one of her hands was holding it right underneath the base of the head to prevent it from biting

B-Be careful, Zagan!

>Zagan quickly yanked the snake backwards and away from Bolone

D-Don't worry! I got it! I learned how to handle snakes from Man-Dingo!
>she struggled a bit with the snake in her hands, carefully standing up from her seat to begin walking towards the back of the bus
>Sitri quickly backed away closer to the wall of the bus, not wanting to risk having the pink snake attack her

Wh-What are you gonna do with it?

Uhh...
>Zagan quickly looked around them, trying to think of something
>the windows couldn't be open, and the bus needed to follow a strict schedule so it couldn't stop
Oh! I know! The bathroom! I'll flush it right out!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538952

File: 1517952450375.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41538945
>Bolone stared with a slightly surprised expression as Zagan and Sitri reacted the way they did with the snake
>though he probably shouldn't have been all that shocked, given he didn't really do anything to make it appear fake
>despite it being made of pink light

>so as Zagan started to head for the bathroom with the snake in tow, Bolone waved his hand to try and get their attention


Guys?

>the snake then disappeared from Zagan's hands with a quick "poof", as the glow from Bolone's ring faded


It's alright!

It wasn't real.

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538954

File: 1517952857230.png (530.37 KB, 441x615, that offends me.png)

>>41538952
>Zagan jolted once more with a slight jump as the snake vanished from her hands
>she began panicking, wondering what kind of ghostly snake they were dealing with while trapped on this bus
>she had just about had it with these-
Eh?
>but Bolone quickly interrupted her thoughts
>she frowned slightly, not looking too certain about what he was saying
I dunno about that... It felt really real to me!

It looked real too!
>Sitri quickly interjected, having quickly gotten on all fours on the chairs so her feet weren't on the floor, and a good choice for snake food

>Zagan still looked around her for a few seconds, looking for the glowing pink snake

>but eventually she decided to trust Bolone's word, and began moving back to her seat
Man, that was kinda scary... You shouldn't be letting out live snakes on buses, Bolone! That's really dangerous!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538957

File: 1517955660975.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41538954
>Bolone opened his mouth to say something and explain that the two of them were perfectly safe
>but instead elected to just let the matter drop and move on

Right, sorry...

Anyway, point is, I can make whatever I want, or whatever you guys want.

>to demonstrate again, his ring glowed briefly, and a flower made of pink light appeared in his hand as naturally as if he just plucked it himself


So, whatever you guys have in mind, I can probably pull off.

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538972

File: 1518007987138.png (655.58 KB, 558x789, by mr dotd.png)

>>41538957
>Zagan and Sitri blinked, staring as Bolone made another glowing construct
>they hummed, Zagancrossing her arms in thought as she considered his question
I know!
>she quickly smiled
What if you make a video game console?

Oh!
>the Sitri quickly spoke up
What if you make your own original game?

OH!
>Zagan quickly exclaimed next
What if you make it VR!?

OH!
>Sitri then jumped
What about making it a holographic console!?

OH-OH!
>Zagan hopped
I got it! Holographic wrestling ring where we fight giant monsters!

That sounds amazing, Zagan!
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538976

File: 1518037476371.jpg (19.76 KB, 173x160, tumblr_inline_nhd92jNwzS1raysw…)

>>41538972
>Bolone watched with a slightly surprised look on his face as the both of them got more and more excited over this concept that was brewing between them
>he had to wonder just how much of this he could pull off, but when it was actually finalized, he hummed and tilted his head

Well, I could try that...

>he looked around their immediate surroundings


I don't think I can pull that off inside here, though.

It's a bit too cramped, we'd have to stop and get out first...

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538977

File: 1518039980622.png (199.83 KB, 360x480, this is worrying.png)

>>41538976
>and immediately, the excitement that had built up in the two flew away
>Zagan slumped back down onto a chair with a groan
We can't do thaaaaaaaat!

Yeah... The boss would get really mad if we were late for the show...
>she hummed slightly
Apparently it's really important...

>Zagan let out a small huff

If it was that important, you'd think we'd get payed more! We're former tag team champs, right? Why does it feel like we're still only getting peanuts...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538978

File: 1518040480239.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41538977
>Bolone wasn't too surprised that they hadn't considered that, quietly opting to follow through on the idea once they had time to rest
>what did surprise him was the mention of their paychecks, which earned a more curious look from him

...yeah, that shouldn't be the case...

Just how much did you guys make while you were tag champions?

>he hated to think they were getting money taken away from them, but it never hurt to be sure...

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538979

File: 1518041210976.png (30.55 KB, 300x400, I can by isu.png)

>>41538978
>Zagan blinked, scratching her chin as she tried to remember
>Sitri however had always seemed to be better with numbers than Zagan, so she was quick to respond
Well, being a champion usually comes with a bonus. Lowest are around the two hundred marks. The midweight tag championships were an eight hundred marks bonus that we split among ourselves.
>she paused with a human, crunching the numbers
So... on good months... we were making around a thousand marks a week combined. Now we're down to around three or four hundred ever since we lost the titles...

Thanks to cheatin'...
>Zagan grumbled under her breath

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538980

File: 1518043546775.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41538979
>Bolone folded his arms and hummed at this answer, clearly thinking it over

That still seems like a bit too high of a drop...

Maybe I could talk to him about this, but if we don't know what the others are making it'd be difficult...

>he tapped his cheek as he thought, then his eyes slowly widened as an idea came to him


Ooooor...

I could see about arranging a rematch for the tag titles!

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538982

File: 1518045422482.png (463.4 KB, 651x1082, but thats wrong by st germain …)

>>41538980
>Zagan quickly perked up, grinning widely at the idea
Oh! I like the sound of that!
>she swung her fist, punching the palm of her hand
What I wouldn't give to get my hands on those Trashbags Siblings again!
>she frowned with a huff
Dirty cheaters... Why do they even need that bonus anyway! Don't they make enough money by being garbage guys already!? That's just greedy!

>Sitri hummed, scratching her cheek

At this rate, we might need to think about getting second jobs as well...

>Zagan flinched slightly

Are we really that bad in the hole again...?

>Sitri turned to her with a nervous smile

Well... ever since the company started growing, we've been staying at fancier hotels... and those cost a lot more than the old ones...

>Zagan grunted, leaning back on her chair

Right....

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538983

File: 15180471671000.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41538982
>Bolone frowned again as the mood dipped back down, soon walking over to where both the girls were sitting
>he stood in front of them and put on a more encouraging smile, trying to get their spirits back up

Don't worry, we'll pull through this!

I'll talk to him when we get there, I'm sure I can get some more money out of him!

And...

>his smile wavered a bit, but he still tried to keep it up


Well, if all else fails, we can just tighten our belts a bit, can't we?

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538984

File: 1518047601452.png (364.9 KB, 424x1000, by eu03.png)

>>41538983
>Zagan and Sitri both smiled at Bolone's encouragement
>although his last comment drew some confusion from them
Tighten our...?
>Zagan glanced down at herself
>and brought her hands to try and pull the zipper up on her jacket, which was having some trouble getting fully over her curvature
Well, we could TRY, but I think we'd need bigger clothes for that...
>she jabs a thumb aside her at Sitri
There's a reason Sitri doesn't wear pants. Not a lot of shops have pairs that fit her size.

>Sitri blinked, gaining a more pensive look

Maybe Bolone's saying... we should spend less money on clothes...?

>to which Zagan blinked, looking down at herself again

I suppose so...
>but then gained a slightly more worried look as she turned to Bolone again
W-Wait, does this mean I can't buy chaps anymore!? I can't do that! Chaps are my whole identity, man!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538986

File: 1518051209432.jpg (43.73 KB, 338x616, Mahou-sensei-negima-336035.jpg)

>>41538984
>Bolone blinked once at their responses, then let out a sigh as it sank in

It's-...it's a figure of speech, guys, don't worry.

It means to be more careful with money, that's all.

>he smiled again after this, though this time more directly at Zagan


So you can keep buying chaps, don't worry!

But if this doesn't work we'll have to try and find cheaper hotels to stay at.

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538995

File: 1518082059140.png (724.15 KB, 899x1264, floor by st germain sal.png)

>>41538986
>Zagan let out a long sigh of relief, reaching down to rub her chaps
You nearly gave me a heart attack there, Bolone! Geez...

>Sitri smiled and nodded at Bolone's suggestion

Well... we certainly try... It's just that even if we try and find cheaper hotels, they end up being so far away from the venue that the taxi fare and everything else end up burning away at our money anyway...

>Zagan huffed, crossing her arms and one leg over the other

Maybe... we could just sprint to the shows? Get some workout done and warm up right before the fight!

That's a good idea, Zagan!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538998

File: 1518094529824.jpg (11.87 KB, 197x196, tumblr_mtzop3aXyz1s423woo1_250…)

>>41538995
>Bolone had to wonder how exactly they could even attempt to pull off what they suggested
>if the hotels were as far away from the venues as they suggested, they'd have to run pretty far to get there
>meaning they'd both wind up at the show exhausted and gasping for breath, and then have to go fight on top of that
>Bolone wound up trying to imagine that, the three of them running through the streets to reach the arena in time
>with Zagan and Sitri ahead of him, running with all of their might, as sweat ran down their bodies, glistening in the city lights...

.....

>he snapped himself out of it and shook his head, trying to remain focused


N-No, no, we don't want to do that.

If we do, we'll just be tired out before we even get to fight anyone, and we'd just lose more often.

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41538999

File: 1518095086366.png (1.12 MB, 1280x960, rose by purochen.png)

>>41538998
>Zagan blinked, a confident smirk growing over her face
That sounds like a challenge to me!

>but Sitri quickly reached over to pat her shoulder

Bolone's right, sis! We shouldn't risk blowing up before a match like that...

>Zagan pouted, crossing her arms again

Alright, alright... It's just that we're runnin' out of options here...
>she huffs slightly
It's either getting a pay raise, or... I dunno what!

>Sitri managed a reassuring smile

I'm sure Bolone will think of something! He's been a fantastic manager so far, so I'm certain he'll be able to find a solution!
>she smirked a bit, patting her shoulder again
Besides, we've been in much worse situation before, right? We'll pull through again no matter what!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539027

File: 1518126785730.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41538999
>Bolone was still just a bit distracted with the thoughts still racing through his mind, so he didn't pick up on Zagan and Sitri's initial banter
>it was only when it turned to him getting things sorted for them that he was able to focus again, understanding the weight of the task ahead of them
>now he had to get them more money, come hell or high water
>but even as nervous as he was at that prospect, he still gave them an encouraging smile of his own

Don't worry!

I can be very persuasive when I want to~

>that said, Sitri's remark about them "being in worse" did make him a bit curious

>considering he didn't know all that much about them before now

Have you guys had to deal with this sort of thing before?

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539056

File: 1518190153367.png (624.9 KB, 565x800, gentle by hide.png)

>>41539027
>Zagan and Sitri blinked, looking between each other at Bolone's question
>but Zagan quickly gave a soft smile at the two
You could say that...

>Sitri nodded, continuing:

We grew up with pretty much nothing. Our parents died when we were young, so we mostly jumped from orphanage to orphanage for a few years...

Eventually, we just had enough of that nonsense and busted out!
>Zagan interjected with some pride, but it settled down when she continued
Mostly because the last orphanage we were at was... not the best, to put it mildly. So I just grabbed Sitri and got us both the heck outta there.

>Sitri smiled a bit more before continuing

We were homeless for a while after that... It wasn't easy, having to rely on abandoned buildings and ducking from the guards... And since very few places were looking for two little girls for their work, money was hard to come by...
>she smiled a bit wider
But then, something incredible happened!

WE GOT HUGE!
>Zagan quickly exclaimed with a wide grin
We got way tall real quickly, so it got easier to fool people into hiring us!

>Sitri nodded

We started out at constructions sites...

>and Zagan grinned again, taking the opportunity to flex her arm just to drive the point home

Which helped out in makin' us even bigger~!

And basically just survived on our own like that... We didn't make much money, but enough to at least have our own little apartment...

>Zagan snickered a bit as memories came back

We called it "the Mouse Hole". It was a dump, and we both had to sleep on the same tiny mattress on the floor!
>she lets out a sigh
Still... it was home back then...

>Sitri nodded, a softer look appearing on her face as she held her hands together

And then... a miracle happened...

>Zagan nodded her head slowly

Yeah... Mister Sillow just happened to walk past the construction site one day.

>Sitri giggled a bit

He always tells the story of how it was by pure chance! His usual route was flooded with water because of a busted pipe, so he took a different road... and that's when he saw us.

Right then and there, Mister Sillow burst into the site, actually climbin' over the fence! Our old boss was furious, but you just couldn't stop Mister Sillow!
>she stood up straighter, lowering her voice as she pointed forwards to copy Sillow
"Those two! Those girls on the rafters! What in Samhein's name are they doing here and not in front of an audience!? Sir, I could very well sue your pants clean off for keeping these girls hidden from stardom! It's practically kidnapping, is what it is!"

>Sitri giggled at Zagan's impersonation, but quickly continued

He hired us for his new wrestling promotion, and was even personally involved throughout our training... He gave us a life better than anything we could've imagined, and we'll always be thankful for him...

Even if he can be a bit of a cheapskate at times.
>Zagan added, but without any malice in her tone

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539063

File: 1518221072204.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41539056
>Bolone listened patiently as Zagan and Sitri went into their shared background, and found himself growing a bit misty-eyed as they described how things were for them
>not the least of which because it sounded very familiar to him
>leaving an orphanage after the death of their parents, having to survive on their own, their lives changing because of a twist of fate...
>it was pretty darn close to his own life before leaving his home planet
>which only made him all the sadder the more he thought about it

.....

>he wiped a tear from his eye and tried not to look too saddened by this, managing a weak smile as he answered them


Well...I'm glad you two got where you did...you definitely deserve it...

>he wiped away another tear, and this time put on a more relieved look


And I'm glad your boss isn't the malicious type...I was worried he was taking advantage of you somehow...

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539066

File: 1518277002343.png (463.4 KB, 651x1082, but thats wrong by st germain …)

>>41539063
>Zagan blinked, giving Bolone a confused look
Whaaaaaaat?
>she scoffed at the notion with a light chuckle
Nah! Mister Sillow is a great guy! He treats everybody right, not just us!

We wouldn't be where we are today without him, that's for sure! Of course, since he has more businesses, he can't always be around to help the organization...

Yeah, he's a real big shot, but he never ignores us either!
>she turns to Bolone with a grin
I'm sure you'll like him once you meet him! And he'll certainly be open to hearing you out!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539068

File: 1518297648041.png (55.75 KB, 180x214, tumblr_inline_mtmcllWQnD1qhr64…)

>>41539066

That's a relief...

>Bolone had dealt with a fair few skeevy business-types in his time, so he was already preparing himself for that

>but if Sillow was as nice as they said, maybe this would be easier than he thought

...do you guys ever visit your old home, though?

I mean, if you ever get the chance?

>the question only came to him when he thought of how he had handled his departure from home, and wondered just how close the two were to him in that regard

Zagan & Sitri!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539069

File: 1518298291159.png (139.37 KB, 256x256, everybody in the club getting …)

>>41539068
>Zagan and Sitri exchanged a look
Well... we tried once...

>Sitri smiled a bit awkwardly

But the building was demolished. Something about flesh-eating cockroaches living on the walls...

Which would explain the mystery of all those missing leftovers...
>Zagan added with a slight frown
>but she simply shrugged
We didn't really let that get us down anyway. Not a lot of point in dwelling on what you've lost, when ya still have so much to gain!

>Sitri smiled wider, clapping her hands together

That's right! We have a new home now, and everyone on the crew and roster are practically a new family...!

>Zagan grinned, suddenly reaching over to wrap her arm around Bolone and pull him closer to her

And we found some awesome new friends too~!

We've been blessed with everything we could ever want!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41539070

File: 1518300655283.jpg (49.99 KB, 250x174, tumblr_muourrbYRx1snk2f6o2_250…)

>>41539069
>Bolone couldn't help but wince at the mention of "flesh-eating cockroaches", the mental image not being a very pleasant one
>though that was replaced by a much more pleasant visual as Zagan suddenly yanked him closer, his face naturally falling right into her chest

Mmmf-!

>so of course whatever clever response he had was muffled to the point of being unintelligible

>this was hardly the first time this had happened since he met them, and he knew he should just treat it as a submission hold and tap out
>but he just couldn't bring himself to do so...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540330

File: 1520872752385.png (524.5 KB, 515x711, that doesnt sound right.png)

>cities in the clouds always freaked her out
>it wasn't like she had a fear of heights or anything; far from it
>and she wasn't going to deny that they look wicked cool or anything
>but the idea of building entire cities suspended in the air just seemed like begging for trouble
>but she supposed that living on a gas giant meant the inhabitants had to think of something
>even if that only begged the question of how life even advanced on this planet enough that they could build these cities in the first place
>...come to think of it, where did they even get the materials for all of this!?
>she'd heard the cities were already here even before the Empire came trucking along as they're wont to do
>this entire place raised far too many questions, not the least of all:
"Gr-... Grrrngh-krkk-gwoo-hah...?"

How the hell do you pronounce that?
>Wendy stared confusedly at the informational map of the city located on a brightly lit stand
>Grngkrkgu'Hah wasn't a very big city, but that's what made it so appealing to tourists
>it was rife with open spaces, wide streets and pleasant parks all around
>the city planning could get a bit confusing the deeper one got into the city, but never to the point where it was too easy to get lost
>especially since the city was divided into multiple sections, all connected by bridges or elevators, and all very visibly marked to make sure navigating wasn't quite as daunting of a task as it might seem at first

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540332

File: 1520873694174.jpg (14.67 KB, 165x225, download (18).jpg)

>>41540330
>Bolone leaned over Wendy's shoulder to look at the sign in question, mostly just as an excuse to be intimately close to her
>he hummed as he read over the name, wrapping his arms loosely around Wendy's waist while he did, before citing his opinion

I think it's "Gurn-guck-ruck-goo-hah"?

It's at least a little easier to say.

>he then turned his head slightly to get a better look at their surroundings, his eyes in particular drawn to one of the bridges stretching out along the horizon


Either way, it's not really what you'd expect when you look at this place, huh?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540334

File: 1520874447645.png (176.65 KB, 250x344, I dont like it.png)

>>41540332
>Wendy glanced over her shoulder at Bolone
You're really gonna call that "easy"...?
>she said a bit jokingly, but clearly still puzzling over the name
From what I heard, this city used to have a much easier name to pronounce until it was changed to some big shot Empire general's name... or somethin'.
>she shrugged her free shoulder
Well, whatever. Let's just call it "Gurny" for now.

Hopefully all the business names won't be that hard to remember. So, let's see...
>she went back to studying the map, trying to get a good sense of where they were compared to everything else
So, if we take the bridge to the east, we can find a whole bunch of restaurants... The elevator to the north goes to the sporting venues... Ooh, they have pools to the south too; that's kind of cool... Guess even while floating high above in the sky, people still want that beach-side experience, even if they gotta make their own beaches.
>she leaned back slightly, trying to shift the burden of weight back onto Bolone as she leaned on him
Let's see... shops... casinos... Man, this place has a lot of stuff. Guess they saw an opportunity and really rolled with it, huh?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540338

File: 1520877236652.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41540334
>Bolone naturally looked a little displeased at the reminder that this was an Empire-controlled city
>as much as he tried to avoid having anything to do with the Empire, sometimes there was just no avoiding it
>and it made him feel just the slightest bit uncomfortable to think that he was basically contributing a little bit to the Empire by being there

>but he tried not to dwell on that sort of thing

>instead he lightly rubbed his cheek on Wendy's while focusing more on her and the map in front of them

Well, with the way things are now, anything that looks better than a rust-covered techno-wasteland is gonna attract plenty of people.

Only makes sense to make a profit off of it if you can.

>not that he was totally fond of the idea, but there he went dwelling on the thought a bit too long

>he shifted his head to kiss Wendy's cheek, then looked back to the map, trying to be more positive

Anything strike your fancy?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540340

File: 1520878480950.png (127.42 KB, 320x296, whats all that.png)

>>41540338
>Wendy only leaned further backwards on Bolone after the kiss, stretching her arms to the air
>and then bringing them back to down cross her hands behind her and Bolone's head, pulling him just a little bit closer to lessen even the smallest gap between them
I don't know, to be honest... I don't think I'm so hungry I could hit up a fancy restaurant... I'm on this date so I don't have to do any big running and jumping, so sports are off the table...
>she kept her focus on the map
Gambling and me really don't mix all that well either... Maybe if they had some horse tracks or something, but I don't see anything like that around...

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda curious about what it feels like to swim in a pool some ten million feet in the air... but I don't exactly have a swimsuit to put on, so unless they have a nudey zone, that's out too.

So, how about...
>she reached forward, pointing towards one of the areas on the map
...here?
>it seemed to display a lot of entertainment venues, such as theaters, nightclubs and more
Maybe a good movie we can watch, or something. Might even get lucky and find some old arcade hidden somewhere... Seems like the most attractive place to be right now either way.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540342

File: 1520879672088.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41540340
>Bolone hummed and lightly poked at Wendy's side once she gave her opinion, a teasing grin growing on his face, and a similar tone appearing in his voice when he spoke

Well, I guess if you want to be a big nerd...

>he then let go of her and walked up beside her, holding his arm out for her to take


I can join you for that~

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540344

File: 1520879986627.png (151.23 KB, 220x382, is that so.png)

>>41540342
>Wendy blinked, raising an eyebrow at Bolone
>she took his arm, adding with a small smirk:
Hey, there's no rule that says nerds can't be smoking hot, right? I'd say I'm eligible for the title.
>she then reached out with her free hand, prodding Bolone's cheek
Besides, better to be a big nerd than a big dork! So careful where you throw those stones, because you're also standing under the glass, B!
>she grinned slightly as they began making their way towards Gurny's entertainment district

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540348

File: 1520881526839.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41540344
>Bolone gave a light scoff at Wendy's quip, traveling along beside her with the same amused smile on his face

Hey, dorks can be charming! And if anyone qualifies for "charming dork", it's definitely me~

>as if to illustrate his point, Bolone leaned in and planted a quick peck on Wendy's lips, before pulling back to grin at her again


But I think you already knew that, riiiiight~?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540350

File: 1520882097358.png (298.07 KB, 340x580, no idea.png)

>>41540348
>Wendy wasn't very surprised by the quick kiss, but still felt the need to keep prodding him
Geez... We've been going out for how many times now?

You still act like this our first date or something. That's way too much energy you got there, B.
>she leaned on him, but letting much of her weight fall entirely on him as if she practically wasn't walking at all
You can't always go all out on a girl like that, you know? By the fifth or fifteenth date, sometimes we just want to relax!

But you keep putting in so much effort, ya can't help but feel like ya gotta play catch up!
>she drops herself fully onto Bolone's arms, quickly wrapping her own around his neck
Now I gotta kiss ya back, see? And that's just sooooooooo much wooooooooooork...~
>she quickly leaned in, her lips touching his in a much deeper and longer kiss than his had been

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540353

File: 1520883507007.jpg (20.51 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77slxulDw1qmidq…)

>>41540350
>Bolone certainly didn't mind Wendy leaning on him like she was, happily wrapping his arms around her as she moved in closer
>and he returned the kiss with aplomb, leaning into it and holding it for a good length of time
>surprisingly, his hands didn't wander as much as he normally would let them, instead just shifting up her back a little bit
>then he gently broke the kiss, but kept his face close to hers, his nose touching hers as he spoke with a sheepish smile

Sorry, I can't help it, honestly...

I just want to show my affection for you as much as I can and as often as possible...

>he rubbed his nose on hers a little before continuing


I know, I'm a sap like that.

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540380

File: 1520949953425.png (134.3 KB, 327x254, impressive.png)

>>41540353
>Wendy let out a sigh, still putting on her cool and aloof hat as Bolone showered her with lovey-dovey mush
>but she did absolutely nothing to stop him, naturally
Alright, alright... If I don't pull you off now, we won't get anywhere before sundown.
>she lightly patted him on his cheek, pulling back from his embrace just enough to get back on her feet
>she wrapped an arm around his waist, already taking the lead to head to their destination
Geez, every time we're out like this, I keep wondering how long it'll take ya to drop all of your clothes and just want to start doin' it in public...

...

...

...

Ya've never done that before, right?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540381

File: 1520951374200.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41540380
>Bolone didn't put up any resistance when Wendy pulled back, letting her take the lead again and walking alongside her
>with an arm wrapped around her waist, he staunchly resisted the urge to lean on her and smother her with more affection

>at her question, Bolone's expression turned decidedly more nervous


.....

.....

.....

>there was a prolonged period where he wouldn't look her in the eye, instead staring straight ahead


.....

.....

.....

>until he turned to look at her, a shaky smile on his face as he answered


...did you know in some cultures that's actually encouraged?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540382

File: 1520953090486.png (153.26 KB, 226x381, dont mind me.png)

>>41540381
>Wendy kept her pace, staring at Bolone with a difficult to decipher face
>it wasn't surprise, it wasn't shock, just a very leveled and unassuming look
...

I did not.
>she simply states
...

...

...

...

Guess you'll just have to show me someday.
>she shrugged her shoulders, picking up the pace slightly
>otherwise they'd never get there

>so they eventually get there!

>the entertainment district was about as lively as one would expect, but they could tell the early afternoon hours weren't its busiest times
>there was plenty of neon signs and bright billboards and signs strewn around, which would undoubtedly create quite a spectacle during the night, but for now they were kept turned off
Alright, where should we go first?
>despite her question, she was already trying to peer above the crowd and into any alleyways
>she really wished she was lucky enough to find an arcade around there

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540383

File: 1520955430073.jpg (16.54 KB, 120x148, tumblr_inline_nhd94gBsQc1raysw…)

>>41540382
>it really did take a surprising amount of restraint to keep moving along, Bolone focusing on just getting to their destination ASAP
>but once they did, an idea or two entered his head about what to do next, which he was starting to follow along with despite his better judgement
>so rather than look for an arcade (there was always later in the day for that) he instead offered an alternative

We could go see a movie.

Probably wouldn't be too crowded at this hour.

>he tried not to outright state how that meant they'd have plenty of privacy

>again, it was difficult

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540384

File: 1520956016835.png (524.5 KB, 515x711, that doesnt sound right.png)

>>41540383
>without much reason to object, Wendy quickly followed Bolone over to the nearby movie theater
>the place was remarkably low-key compared to everything else surrounding it, having a very simple geometric design without any flashy adornments besides their sign and the posters on the walls
I've honestly never thought about what kind of movies were made in a gas giant...
>Wendy wondered allowed to herself, looking over the posters
>the native species of the planet were mostly humanoid, although they had no outward noses, only their nostrils, and their eyes had a secondary eyelid hidden underneath the primary one
>they were far from the strangest species in the universe, but it could still be a little jarring to look at one if you were so conditioned to expect a nose
>somewhat surprising, it seemed like the theater imported movies from other planets as well, since some posters showed aliens that clearly didn't belong to the native population
>but considering how Gurny had become such a popular tourist site, perhaps it wasn't too surprising they'd set aside some rooms to show off movies from different planets
Anythin' looks interesting to you?
>she asked Bolone

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540385

File: 1520958298888.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41540384
>Bolone looked up when they approached the theater, humming and leaning his head on Wendy's while he looked at the posters
>it was a bit more difficult to tell what each movie was supposed to be when you weren't the native species of the planet
>and while there were one or two kinds of posters where Bolone could tell what was going on, not only were they not particularly appealing options, that was a bit boring as a choice
>one was seemingly meant to be a horror movie, with the poster only showing a cradle against a black background, and the title roughly translating to "It Lives"
>while the other looked more like an arthouse film, showing a blue-skinned scaly alien with tentacles for hands sitting in a windowsill, staring out at a grey dreary sky, and bearing the title "Suspension"
>the arthouse title held no interest to Bolone whatsoever, and while horror movies were supposed to be good opportunities for cuddles, make-outs, and more, that didn't mean he did horror in general very well

>aside those two, there were three other movie posters that were a little harder to describe

>one had two of the native humanoid aliens staring at each other while an explosion went off in the background, which could mean an action movie, but their blank expressions cast that into question
>another had what was a giant squid-like creature taking up the majority of the poster, its single black eye staring right at the viewers, likely putting it into monster movie, but again it wasn't totally clear
>and the third was just a series of floating heads - quite literally, as the heads of numerous different species were disembodied and floating through empty space, staring off in different directions, which could mean just about anything from drama to suspense to horror to comedy to romance

>Bolone studied the posters for a moment or two, then lifted his head and looked over at Wendy with a befuddled expression


Could always just pick at random and see what we get?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540386

File: 1520959170208.png (176.65 KB, 250x344, I dont like it.png)

>>41540385
>Wendy's expression changed a few times as she browsed the the rest of the posters on display

>one poster seemed to be leaning more towards the action-comedy side of things, showing a musclebound man and woman in the midst of a battlefield, each one holding a baby and assorted baby accessories

>another had a remarkably stunning painting of an ocean as a ship sailed the starry skies above it, the title actually being translated into several languages as simply "Horizon"
>the third one had all the makings of a buddy cop movie, showing two men standing with their backs turned to each other, one very well dressed, while the other wore a tracksuit, with various local police cars driving behind them in various directions, along with the faces of (she assumed) the villains of the movie

>besides those, there was a black and white poster showing an old man sitting alone at the table as he stared out the window, the title reading "Across The Street"

>and finally, there was a strange poster with a man in a white tank top, blue jeans and a tie being grabbed by a blond woman in black clothes, while panda driving go-karts, chicken heads a man with a military helmet and all sorts of other strange things floated around them
>the title was difficult to describe, with the only word that really stuck out to Wendy being "Ties"

>Wendy tilted her head to the side before turning to Bolone

I guess?
>she looked over at the posters on his side, suddenly hitting her that despite the theater's modest looks, it had at least ten different showrooms
>with that aside, she was actually fairly quick in picking out a poster
I'm kinda curious about that squid.
>she said, pointing at black-eyed squid in the poster
I'm always up for a good monster flick!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540387

File: 1520959972201.png (219.87 KB, 900x593, download (3).png)

>>41540386
>Bolone was only slightly more willing to go see a monster movie as opposed to a horror movie
>at least with a monster movie there was a higher chance of it being goofy cheese as opposed to genuinely horrifying

>that said, even as he nodded and began to lead Wendy towards the receptionist to buy the tickets, he couldn't help but smirk and quip:


You always curious about squids, or will this be a new experience for you~?

>he felt fairly confident that she'd take it in stride

>he knew her enough that making comments like that seemed fairly normal
>...at least, that's what he hoped

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540388

File: 1520960423395.png (153.26 KB, 226x381, dont mind me.png)

>>41540387
>true to his suspicions, Wendy didn't seem to react much to the comment
>she simply remained neutral, letting out a thoughtful hum
Hmmm... Well, I may or may not have starred in a couple'a "specialty" flicks way back when as a starving college student...
>she tapped her chin, playing this off as entirely normal and uninteresting
>while inwardly knowing that'd gnaw at Bolone even further if she kept things deliberately vague like that
>so she simply shrugged her shoulders, quickly heading over to the receptionist
Well whatever, let's get going or we'll miss the movie~!
>and quickly began the process of acquiring their movie tickets and jumbo-sized popcorn and drinks

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540389

File: 1520961822577.jpg (20.67 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s0bS4CE1qmidq…)

>>41540388
>Wendy was right, the implications of that remark were going to gnaw at him through the whole movie
>and they did

>the movie in question was a bit more serious than either of them would expect

>the tentacled monstrosity was the central figure of the film, but was worshiped as a godly being by the people around it
>and when it inevitably began attacking them, it was seen as them being punished for their sins
>it was clearly meant to be some allegory for organized religion, but it didn't seem to really know whether it was for or against the concept, making its self-important message a bit muddled
>more importantly, it totally killed the mood

>once they left the theater, Bolone couldn't help but express his disappointment


Why?

Why that?

Why did it have to do that?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540390

File: 1520962318228.png (127.42 KB, 320x296, whats all that.png)

>>41540389
>strangely enough, Wendy didn't seem quite as disappointed as Bolone was
>still in the process of finishing her popcorn, she seemed to have been watching the movie with more attention than it deserved
>at Bolone's question she turned, blinking
Why did it attack? I thought it was obvious?

All those people trying to worship what was pretty obviously just a giant animal, and trying to get it to do what they wanted... It was bound to get a little ticked off eventually, right?
>she let out a small hum as she seemed to be rather interested in the movie
Y'know, while you said at some point you thought this was all "religious" and whatnot, I think towards the end there it had a bit more of an "anti-circus" message than anything else.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540391

File: 1520963470729.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41540390
>Bolone looked over at her with a raised eyebrow at her theory on the film's meaning

...that's kind of a big deal to make about the circus, isn't it?

>he didn't seem to discount her theory entirely, but was clearly confused by it nonetheless


I mean, unless the circus is a big deal on Dorhah.

>he frowned, tilting his head as if trying to remember something


I...don't remember ever being there, so I can't say personally...

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540392

File: 1520963841354.png (120.85 KB, 160x404, youre not mad are you.png)

>>41540391
>Wendy shrugged her shoulders
Hey, some people really don't like animals in circuses. Can't say I blame 'em, considering some of the characters I've had to deal with in the past...
>she twisted her nose, clearly digging up some bad memories
>she quickly shook those thoughts away, looking down at the popcorn bin as she shock the remaining popcorn into a small mound
Anyway, that's just my take on it. But my planet doesn't really have anythin' like religion and stuff on it, so...
>she looked back at Bolone with a more upbeat expression
Maybe's it's just one of those cases where people can read things differently depending on their own views?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540393

File: 1520965346163.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41540392
>Bolone's own expression changed to a more concerned look, noticing Wendy's change in mood at the subject matter
>so when she gave an opportunity to drop the subject, he took it and nodded briefly

Probably. I guess I'm assuming a bit too much, is all.

>Bolone never really had much experience with religion on his homeworld anyway

>but he did work for a glowing pink dragon that was sort of a god-like entity, and was sort of a priest or a monk that was all about spreading its mindset where he could
>...and now he really needed to stop thinking about this

>so he held out his hand for Wendy, offering a more curious smile


You wanna head somewhere else, or maybe stay for a second movie?

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540394

File: 1520965973546.png (305.97 KB, 500x500, this looks interesting.png)

>>41540393
>Wendy thought about it for a second
>while it was still pretty early in the day, she wondered if watching two movies back to back was such a good idea
Still holdin' out hopes for that arcade, not gonna lie.
>she turned to Bolone with a smile of her own
But geez, you keep askin' what I wanna do; what about you? You have a voice in this weirdo relationship too, y'know!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540395

File: 1520966551538.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41540394
>Bolone gave a dramatic sigh at Wendy's response, opting to instead wrap his arms around her waist again to look into her eyes

Well, I know what I wanna do.

And I'm pretty sure you know what I wanna do.

>he leaned closer, as if going in for a kiss

>but instead just lightly brushed his nose against hers, as if he were trying to tease her, before sighing dramatically again and pulling back a little

But you said you wanted to relax, so I'm trying to think of something else...

I'm just not doing a very good job of it.

Wendy Deary!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540396

File: 1520967542250.png (153.26 KB, 226x381, dont mind me.png)

>>41540395
>Wendy blinked, staring Bolone straight in the eyes
>despite his overly dramatic play, it really wouldn't surprise her if there was some grain of truth to it
>a part of her sometimes wondered if maybe there was some kind of addiction going on around here, and that maybe she should start worrying
>or maybe he just genuinely liked it and she was really overthinking things
...

...

...
<"Fuck it, my consciousness is clean!"
>she quickly grabbed Bolone by his wrist and began dragging him at a hurried pace
>glancing around them, she made sure to find the bathroom with the least occupancy
>considering people were just now getting into the next sessions, that gave them about thirty or so minutes before the first intermission

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540398

File: 1520968706813.jpg (223.35 KB, 796x607, tumblr_lm4xccWAp01qeoygio1_128…)

>>41540396

-?

>Bolone went along as Wendy dragged him towards the bathroom, slightly surprised that she switched gears so abruptly

>he figured she'd have made some glib remark and then let him stew on it for a bit longer, much like she did earlier
>not that he was complaining in the least

>granted, a bathroom wouldn't be his first choice for something like this

>he had actually hoped the movie would be distracting and loud enough that he could suggest some hanky-panky in the theater
>but again, he wasn't about to complain
>he just hoped wherever they ended up would be relatively clean...

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540582

File: 1521424790675.jpg (37.56 KB, 560x315, 66efe9d1gy1fi5s3n1ezqj20zk0k07…)

>Over 200 years ago...

>The Taryn University of Science and History on Terra'su

>a short, 4'9 fox girl sat in a closed off room next to aq busty green haired snake woman while a tall dog-man stood in front of them ,tapping his chin as she looked over something glowing faintly in a sealed box in front of him

So you're telling me you two found this item in an ancient set of ruins with some ancient signs of Space Bridge and Star Gate technology nearby?

>The blonde fox, a bit of a cocky smirk on her face as she looked up at the brown haired dog man grinned bang to bang



Eeeeyup, my current running theory is it's from some sort of civilization prior to Izanagi and Izanami's tampering to our systems

>The green haired snake girl rose a finger and nodded briefly, tail flicking


Yes, yes, What Jo says seems to be rather well supported by the Carbon dating, the cube inside being older than the oldest sculpture on the planet.

>The dog nods tapping his chin

I had gathered that that's part of the reason you felt the need to lock the thing away when you initially found it, why the sudden interest in actually researching it?

I think I can do something with it, there's CLEARLY a massive energy inside, maybe there's some way to harness it?

Hmm...I'll go over it with the rest of the school board before making any final decisions

Understandable-

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540635

File: 1521482172243.jpg (10.2 KB, 185x300, s-l300.jpg)

>>41540582

>After a few weeks the pair had been cleared to continue to study and experiment with the cube they'd found in those ruins, and to experiment with a sort of gas they'd found and harvested in the ruins.


>Jo and Claire spent many long nights up late studying and experimenting with the box, Jo having found that the gas from the ruins reacted in a way to the box, but they needed some sort of way to...contain it well and maintain the energy it had


>Jo had decided to make that her focus, there were many sleepless nights where the snake woman worried and pondered about the fox girl's health


>Until one night, she ran out to Claire excitedly, holding some sort of tiny container


Claire! Claire I've got it! Everything has an essence of some sort, these things should be able to hold them! Like just, any energy associated with a thing- Therefore it should be able to contain the gas!

>More than a little excited, the pair would rush off that night back to the ruins, diving down and collecting the gas into the containers-

>Once they got home with the containers filled with the gas, the Pandora box suddenly glowed a bright red hue, seeming to shift and change

>Suddenly there were SLOTS on it, as if it'd reacted to the way the gas was stored and had reformated to match


>But when the pair had tried to slot the gas filled bottles in, the box simply didn't react

>They were at a loss for what to do

>Going to the university's director's, the young impressionable scientific pair asked for assistance, maybe something to expand their little team, after all, their team consisted of Jo, Clarice Lita aka her girlfriend, and three others

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540636

File: 1521482184648.jpg (200.73 KB, 1280x1920, 9459cf49b361c40c48f8f5418f5b7c…)

>>41540635

>The Fox girl's pleads to the Professors at the university were heard in a big way, they recruited one of Terra'su's top minds when it came to morphological technology and robotics, and one of Jo's idols, not necessarily for his personality but his achievements


>The man responsible for extending human life spans, for giving them the ability to shift their bodies relatively easily on the world and the man to make the Guardians, the current robotic police force of Terra'su


>The fox girl's ears perked up as she walked up to their new team mate, offering her hand to shake

>It wasn't everyday you got to meet the illustrious-

Doctor Dauros! Welcome to the team! It's an honor to be working with you

>Jo stated a wide grin on her face as the Doctor shook her hand briefly and just nodded putting a finger to his chin in thought


Yes yes, but I assure you Ms. Inarison, the honor is all mine, I've been looking over your notes, the things you've discovered about that gas is absolutely phenomenal, and its connection to the box

Well yeah but ...we have kind of hit a roadblock-

Yes, and that's why I'm here, I suppose. I was informed of the location you found the box and I did some searching, I believe I've found something- or rather, someone, who may be able to aid in this, apologies for the dramaticism, come on in now, Sora

>A 23 something year old young human with dark hair and blue eyes stepped in, a golden bangle of some sort hanging around his wrist as he gently rubbed his arm


...hey there..

Now Sora, why don't you tell the other scientists about what happened when I had you focus on the sample the school sent me

>Nervous the boy backed up a bit...before breathing in deeply and breathing out, reaching into his pocket to pull something out

!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540638

>>41540636

>The young man revealed one of the bottles from before with a sort of skull motif to it


...Doctor Dauros seems to think I purified
the essence.


>Jo paused and her eyes went wide upon seeing this


Oh my gods that's...that's...! Who knows what we can do with this sort of thing!

>She grabs the man's hands and smiles widely


How'd you do it?! Please, if we can figure out the mysteries of this box we might have a sort of limitless energy source, no need to fight or war among the system ever again!

>She's just super giddy and excited, but the fox girl's excitement is quick to fade when he explains how he did it


I... don't know, I just kind of focused and hoped for it to be a thing, to make it usable somehow and my bracelet glowed and then I fell asleep..

....oh.

>Surely there had to be some better way to go about that right?

>Dauros then spoke up again

Fell asleep is a bit of an understatement, Sora, you went into a coma for approximately a week...

We-Well if it can help people as much as you said it might, Doctor, I'm willing to put up with that

...Good, I was hoping you'd thi-

>Jo interjects raising a finger and shaking her head, putting a finger to her chin


No...no, I don't think that'll do very well at all, I think with some studying I should be able to mitigate those effects, but I refuse to let this poor guy force himself into coma's non-stop

Well what exactly should we do then?

...we'll figure it out, right Claire?

>Jo said looking to the snake girl next to her who just vigorously shook her head yes, before taking out a tiny sign labeled "We can do it!"


geeze you could at least use your voice modulator I built you...

I don't like sounding like a robot though!
>The snake stated in response using said modulator and coming off as having a very robotic tone to it...

>Jo just sighs and shakes her head a bit before grabbing Claire's hand and pulling her over with her to the "Sora"boy


Alright, so, Sora was it? I'm Jo, and this is Claire

>Claire waves to the young boy


We're going to be working with you to make sure we can all help people and make a good shining future!

>Sora looks a bit reluctant as the snake and fox offered their hands forward...before he bites his lip and nods, taking both of their hands


Right! Let's do this.

Tsubaki Tsuki!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41540980

Video Log 01- Transformative effects of the Gas

>Looking into the camera, Jo grinned widely and stretched


So upon further experimentation, with rats and a few other non-sapient life forms, I've found the Nebula Gas to have a sort of mutagenic effect, with two results that I've seen thus far.

There's the Augmented Being state, where the organism maintains its original form but gains an affinity to using the powers contained within

>She pulls out a blue tank full bottle


These bottles, such as Todd

>She pulls out a cage with a small rat inside


When exposed to the Tank Bottle here, he gains enhanced durability and strength. In theory when applied to a sapient life form, the Augmented state could be used in further applications and uses of the bottle, maybe even in conjunction with a transformation system!

>She pauses though and puts a finger to her chin


...However, this isn't without its caveats, transformation into the augmented state is actually simply the most favorable outcome, at times the Nebula Gas can run amok and cause rapid cellular division in conjunction with those cells being effected by the gas forcing them to transform into what I call...a SMASH, thankfully, once incapacitated, a SMASH can be healed by removing the essence used to create it into a full bottle.

Now, a little bit of information before we get into the meat of this documentation!

SMASH is an acronym, standing for Shifted Mutant Aggregate in Stressed Haze

>A synthesized voice is heard from behind the camera giggling very slightly


you just wanted to really spell out the word SMASH

...! MAybe! Maybe I did, but Claire, you can't deny it being a fitting enough acronym for that State!

>Jo states with a short huff before walking over towards a strong plexi-glass-ish case with tubes moving into it


...Anyway... Since I don't feel safe performing this test on anyone else, onto the meat of the presentation!

>Jo climbs up into the case and stretches a little bit


If my calculations are correct, how much someone can safely use the nebula gas is what determines whether or not they'll turn into a smash, Rats Level 0-1.9 all experienced Smash transformation, I'll call this their "Hazard Level". Rats level 0 and bellow didn't survive having the Smash Essence removed...

But if my hypothesis is correct here, most sapient life should have Hazard levels of at least 1.0, unless the effected person was sick prior due to a weakened immune system.

alright, alright already, Sora and I STILL don't like that you're risking yourself like this but you might as well get on with it instead of just rambling about the Hazard Levels

But they're important! How else are future researchers supposed to know what's going on in this footage?

Fine fiiine, I've got the switch stand by to incapacitate you if you turn into a SMASH

Thanks Claire~

>The Container Jo had climbed into slowly filled with a grin gas and she shook and shuddered as she inhaled it, her eyes widening, her body shaking, and her mind fogging up a little bit...


>Before it all seemed to fade away, the gas emptying out, leaving an exhausted Jo standing there, dusting herself off


...Ooph, that was...

>She stumbled forward out of the glass container after Sora, the messy dark haired boy, walked up and opened it...falling forward and unconscious not too long after

>The green haired snake behind the Camera heaved out a shocked breath before rushing over, the camera shutting down as the two went to inspect the unconscious fox girl

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541171

File: 1522447169512.jpg (894.06 KB, 1920x739, space_station_by_kaioshen-d93q…)

>Space, the final frontier. A vast and open void dotted with brilliant stars, planets of all kinds, and the brave voyagers who explore its depth and worlds. But every adventurer needed their downtime, a place to rest, restock, and possible hear rumors that would lead to their next grand quest.

>Station X-23 was one of these stopping points, and a popular one at that. Not only was it along the main trade route through the known galaxy, for here was the last stop before a short jump to Ultimanium; the planet that hosted the widely popular Ultimate Muscle Wresting Federation.


>People from far and wide gathered, jumping from shuttle to shuttle, on a pilgrimage to the grand events and games of that world. Others simply come to trade what goods they could before moving on, and some were here because of the planet that the station orbited.


>The desert planet Gaupra has been the subject of a number of expeditions, each one returning with evidence of an ancient civilisation.


>It all made for a very busy station. The port was always active and the habitation section filled with people. One person could easily meet countless others from all walks of life on x-23...
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541172

File: 1522448735712.jpg (27.66 KB, 456x552, Mahou-sensei-negima-335635.jpg)

>>41541171
>Bolone liked port stations and port towns, when he could get to them
>sometimes it was fun to just watch the wide and colourful array of people that passed through, from all worlds and all walks of life
>just leaning against a wall of the habitation section, Bolone could see so many beings that he'd never encountered before, and would never see otherwise
>plus it gave him ideas on who to "pursue" next

>though truthfully, he wasn't intending to stay for too long

>Ultimanium was his actual destination, and he was just taking a bit of time to re-charge before he went
>Zagan and Sitri hadn't made it to the UMWF yet - they were still in the smaller circuits, and they were well-respected there
>but he wanted to bring them up to the highest of the high, if he could
>so there was no harm in just going there and seeing what it was like first-hand, and to assess the situation and what it'd take for them to get there

>but for right now, he was content to sit and watch for a little longer

>just to see who was there and what would happen

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541177

File: 1522451836895.jpg (172.57 KB, 1060x1500, tumblr_on0riqqdGf1r3yew1o1_128…)

>>41541172
>Bolone's people watching paid off as an interesting event would unfold before his eyes.

Stop! Thief!!

>A commotion erupts nearby followed by the distinct crackling of standard issue electric stun rounds. Though the crowd was to dense to make out what was happening at first, people quickly moving aside to avoid being hit cleared a line of vision for Bolone to see.


>A woman with dark grey skin and a very sheer backless outfit dashed away from where the shots were originally fired. In one hand she carried a set of intricate throwing knives between her knuckles, and in another, a small suitcase with ivory and gold trim etched into it's silver casing. As she bolted past Bolone, she throws the blades in her hands with great accuracy and they embed themselves in the rifles of the pursuing security guards.


Halt!

>She clearly wasn't listening to their words, and continued to flee with whatever stolen goods she pilfered.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541180

File: 1522453510465.jpg (45.67 KB, 800x601, Mahou-sensei-negima-335408.jpg)

>>41541177

-?

>and indeed, something was happening right before him

>Bolone watched as the mysterious thief dashed past him, followed by the guards that pursued her, and for a moment considered his choice of action
>of course the woman was in the wrong for committing a crime, and it wouldn't be right to interfere in this
>but on the other hand, they surely must work for the Empire, right?

.....

>Bolone reached up and passed a hand over his face, as his ring glowed pink

>in turn, a helmet appeared over it, disguising his face from view
>and so he took flight and began following the group running along, just to see when a good time to swoop in would be

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541185

File: 1522457867553.jpg (48.08 KB, 845x1250, __assassin_fate_grand_order_fa…)

>>41541180
>From his vantage point Bolone can see the thief easily evade the on coming fire without even looking behind her. Flips, leaps, cartwheels, twirls, and other professional gymnastic maneuvers that looked like they were perfectly choreographed for this chase.

>It was almost as if Bolone had a bird's eye view of an action movie in the making. The girl manages to pull further and further away from the security team that was after her, and ultimately ditches them as she comes to the edge of a huge cylindrical hole that gives a great view of the floors below.


>Instead of doing the rational thing and surrendering she jumps off into the open end and plummets downwards towards the bottom floor.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541190

File: 1522460301016.jpg (39.1 KB, 440x650, Mahou-sensei-negima-336022.jpg)

>>41541185
>Bolone flew overhead and observed the chase below, getting the feeling that the thief really didn't need his help after all
>at least until she jumped down a long shaft to a bottom floor below
>now it would be natural to assume she did this for a reason, and that she would be perfectly fine and not die
>but he wasn't one to think about things like that in the heat of the moment

>pomf!


>which was why the thief landed in what looked like a large pink pillow, floating about half-way down the shaft

>and should she turn her head, she'd see Bolone floating nearby, waving at her before speaking in a friendly voice

Hi!

Going my way~?

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541222

File: 1522473249710.jpg (148.93 KB, 850x1273, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41541190
>The girl was about to stick her landing with grace before finding her back press against a soft pillow and floating down.

!!!

>Looking around to find the source, she looks at Bolone in surprise.


You...

>She then looks up to the floors above, to the security team that was gazing at them from above before moving away from the edge to find a way down.


You shouldn't have gotten involved, they'll think you're with me. You're in terrible danger now.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541226

File: 1522473925202.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41541222
>Bolone gave a light shrug as the two descended down the shaft to ground level

Oh, it wouldn't be the first time I threw myself into danger for a pretty face~

And I'm sure you have a good reason for being labeled a thief and running away from them.

>he paused, the two stopping just before they reached the bottom

>then he hovered a bit closer to her, and while his face was masked by the helmet, the girl would hear the tension in his voice

You do have a good reason, right?

Because me helping out an actual thief would be just a little embarrassing...
This post was edited by its author on .

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541229

File: 1522475033549.jpg (170.35 KB, 561x983, __assassin_fate_prototype_fate…)

>>41541226
>The girl responds in a grim tone as she grips the suitcase tightly in her hand.

I assure you, what in this container has the potential to irretrievably destroy every being on this station and that's the very intent of those who want it.

I have no desire to steal but is the only choice I am left with.

>As the reach the bottom floor, the girl slides off the giant pink pillow and lands on the floor with the grace of a feline. While scanning the area to ensure that security wasn't already on them, she continues to talk to the young man.


I do not wish to involve you further, this task is mine alone to deal with...

>However it was probably already too late for that.


Come, we must hide ourselves.

>The girl strides forward towards the a hall way that would lead to the bathroom facilities. All while onlookers murmur in intrigue of the two.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541249

File: 1522506367205.jpg (62.86 KB, 307x344, tumblr_inline_nhd92494cF1raysw…)

>>41541229
>Bolone was a bit surprised when the girl just dashed away from him, but he wasted no time in following along with her, the giant pillow disappearing as he left
>he caught up with her in short order, and despite the severity of the subject matter, he still had an air of relaxation about him, trying to keep the mood light

Just to check, do you have a ship out of here?

I mean, I suppose we could just steal that too, but it never hurts to be prepared.

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541266

File: 1522538925625.jpg (65.47 KB, 429x810, tumblr_obnju2heYI1twrse4o1_540…)

>>41541249
>He seemed to... relaxed. Was he use to this kind of thing? Or did he not feel fear? Either way she didn't have time to be wary of him.

I have obtained a craft yes. Though I'm still getting us to how... primitive it is. Piloting something without a Pulse Driver or Quantum Gyroscopic Guidance System is new to me.

Thankfully I didn't need to go far with it to arrive in this outpost...

>As they arrive at the bathroom facilities the automatic doors slide open as they pass by and she jolts in response.


!

>She ready to attack whatever was going to emerge out of the hole in the wall. But seeing as it was some kindly old lady walking out she tilts her head in curiosity.


...?

>She turns to Bolone and points at the door.


What device is this?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541267

File: 1522540120664.jpg (25.62 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77rz4N4gx1qmidq…)

>>41541266

...?

>Bolone came to a stop after the woman did, not quite sure what the problem was

>that, and he had been slightly distracted while staring at her
>so her rattling off ship parts sort of went past him, but her stopping at the bathroom doors certainly confused him

...uh...

>he looked to her and jerked a thumb at the opening


You mean the bathroom?

...I, uh...I'm not sure now's the best time to explain what that is...

>he looked back the way they came, then pointed behind them


Maybe we can discuss that when we're not being pursued?

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541268

File: 1522541330875.jpg (43.21 KB, 1024x491, 3680677530be9e23cd295c64480658…)

>>41541267
>Well if it wasn't going to be dangerous then...

True, we'll discuss the mysteries of this moving wall contraption later.

>The girl grabs Bolone be the hand and drags him into the woman's bathroom without hesitation.

>It was... very clean for a public bathroom. Hopefully no one else was in her to yell at him.
>Letting go of his hand, the girl walks to the opposite end of the small room, right up to the wall. Running her hand along the smooth surface she nods to herself.

This will do...

>With a flick of her wrist a dagger appears in her hand and she uses the blade to etch odd shapes into the wall.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541270

File: 1522542754410.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41541268
>Bolone showed no real reaction to them entering the women's bathroom
>aside the helmet masking his face, of course, desperate times necessitated ignoring social niceties like that
>(plus it was hardly the first time he'd been in one)

>though when the girl started etching markings into the wall opposite the entrance to the room, he had to wonder just what was going on

>it hardly seemed like the time to make bathroom graffiti
>but he soon assumed that she knew what she was doing
>so, again rather casually, Bolone simply asks:

So is there anything I can do to help...whatever it is you're doing?

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541271

File: 1522543586427.png (186.79 KB, 750x1000, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41541270
>She pauses for a moment before looking to her left at the wall. Or rather she seems to be looking past it some how.

Block the door, another group is coming.

>Just as she said that, the lights in the room go out and Bolone can hear people gathering around the door outside.


Station Security! We know you're in there! Get on your knees and put your hands on your head!

Don't comply with their command, they're only pretending to security.

We're authorised to use deadly force! We have you trapped in there, there's no way out!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541273

File: 1522545100574.jpg (39.82 KB, 296x860, Mahou-sensei-negima-338400.jpg)

>>41541271
>Bolone still didn't fully understand what was going on, but he was in too deep to really back out now
>so, figuring it would all make sense soon enough, he walked over to the twin doors and lifted a hand
>his pink ring glowed and a wall soon appeared between him and the twin doors, which he then leaned on while watching the girl
>and, probably against his better judgment, he responded to those outside with a light tone

The room is occupied, you know!

If you want in you'll have to wait your turn!

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541274

File: 1522546092418.jpg (131.35 KB, 473x810, tumblr_ospfif4GYN1w97c5wo1_540…)

>>41541273
>Not long after Bolone had called out to the 'security' on the other side, the door opens up and and a hail of gunfire is unleashed... on the pink wall rather then the two occupants inside.

What the fuck? A.. wall?

Don't just stand there, break it down!!

>They attempt a number of methods, from more shoot, kicking wall, glaring at the man who made it, even throwing a grenade at it.


Noisy bunch...

>She finishes cutting marks into the wall and steps back as wall glows a dark purple and ripples as if it were made of water.


All done, we're ready to leave.

>She turns around to face Bolone with her arms spread out wide.


Embrace me and we shall depart.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541275

File: 1522547045757.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41541274
>Bolone remained relatively calm despite the gunfire hitting the wall, fairly confident it would hold
>he did jump a bit when the grenade exploded against it, causing the wall to waver a bit, a sign they should probably hurry

>thankfully, the girl finished what she was doing, leaving a strange portal active behind her

>when prompted, Bolone wasted little time running up to her, even while keeping the wall up behind him
>with a light chuckle, he did as she asked, wrapping his arms around her waist

If it wasn't for the time and this helmet, I'd do more than that~

Ready when you are~!

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541278

File: 1522553370899.jpg (443.92 KB, 752x1062, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41541275
>With Bolone's confirmation the girl leans back and falls into the portal with him in her grasp. Moving through the wall felt like moving through a pool of paint but once that feeling past, the Lantern found himself in a totally different realm.

>He and girl floated in deep sea of shadows, passing through it as smoothly as a fish. From what he could see in the abyss looked like it was painted in nearly black shades of purple oil paint and wispy waves of dark silk.

>The only real source of light that wouldn't come from the ring Bolone was the girl's eyes which glowed with a warm purple hue as she stared right at him.

I never did get your name stranger.

>Her words echo in the void of deep colour seemingly carrying on forever and ever.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541280

File: 1522554888588.jpg (10.92 KB, 225x272, download (10).jpg)

>>41541278
>Bolone tried to look around them once they passed through the portal, but naturally had a difficult time of doing so, given there was so little lighting it was like they were floating in empty space
>and there was something better to look at in his arms anyway, so he directed his attention back to her
>at her question, the helmet around his head disappeared in a soft flash of pink light, allowing the girl to see Bolone smiling at her

Bolone Pageddi is what they call me.

Others call me the Violet Lantern.

>he then leaned just a little closer, not quite going for a kiss, but almost looking like he was going to

>instead he stared into her inviting purple eyes, exhibiting just enough control to keep his hands in a comfortable spot on her lower back

And what might I call you, miss~?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541283

File: 1522557135916.jpg (70.24 KB, 540x766, tumblr_oxf1625bvu1vmd8g0o1_540…)

>>41541280
>Finally seeing the young man's face for the first time and having him so close, the girl blinks a few times and the faintest hints of a blush appear on her face.

My name is Carnwennan, it is good to meet you Bolone.

>Violet Lantern... why did that sound familiar? No she'll think on that later, there was something more important to look into first

>Carnwennan moves a bit in his grasp until the suitcase she stole was between them, she very clearly wanted to open it but...

...?

>There was a strange device on it that seemed to prevent her from simply opening the case at will.


Some sort of barrier or seal? How... surprisingly advanced.

>Bolone would know it better as an electronic key pad.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541285

File: 1522559474516.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41541283
>Bolone was slightly disappointed when they had to focus on what started all of this again, but didn't voice his complaints
>instead he looked down at the briefcase that she was fiddling with, and once she expressed confusion with the lock, he adopted a slightly awkward look

Well...it's a lock, of sorts...

>he moved a hand up and pointed at the keypad, tilting his head in slight confusion


You have to know the right number combination to open it up.

Though depending on how many numbers you need, there's thousands of different combinations to use...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541503

File: 1522709141357.jpg (94.56 KB, 723x1063, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41541285
>Letting this knowledge sink in, Carnwennan nods to herself.

Very well, I'll have to take this back home and have it opened there. The contents are too fragile to try to break it open...

>And so she just let's it float between then as they're carried through.


It won't be much longer now, we'll be out of the Shadow Realm soon enough and on our way to the planet this station is orbiting...

>She must have been talking about Gaupra. But there was no civilisation on that planet. It was just a ball of black sand... wasn't it?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541506

File: 1522714036289.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41541503

...?

>Bolone was already a bit surprised at the mention of being in the "Shadow Realm", which sounded like something he should know about

>but Carnwennan saying they were heading to the planet that the port station was orbiting around only made him confused, and a bit worried as well

Uh...not to act like I know more than you in this situation...

But why do we want to go to an uninhabited planet?

>maybe it was for the sake of secrecy, but it still didn't make a ton of sense to him

>he just hoped he didn't walk right into a trap of some sort...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541516

File: 1522726142515.jpg (280.35 KB, 600x800, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41541506
It's where I live. Out of sight and far below, where the light can not reach.

>She responds, as if it's the most obvious thing ever.


Many people have come looking for proof of a lost civilisation... most leave with harmless items.

>Once again, Bolone feels the sensation of moving through a wall of paint and now he finds himself in the back end of a small shuttle. Looking towards the cockpit window, he could see the station's port clearly.


Thus I let them leave with their findings. But sometimes, with increasing frequency, a group comes that are seeking more harmful secrets.

>She steps away from Bolone, breaking the embrace and setting the suitcase aside in the shuttle's storage.


It's then I must act...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541518

File: 1522727229143.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41541516
>Bolone blinked once they arrived, needing to repeat the action a couple of times to adjust to the change in lighting
>he did hear what Carnwennan had to say about those coming after her belongings, seeking lost relics, but that did make him wonder just who those guys were that were after her
>they didn't seem like random treasure hunters, but more like an organized group, almost related to the Empire
>he watched her place the case in the shuttle's storage, though he quickly started to follow her after that, wanting to keep close and figure out what was going on

But why are these guys after your things in the first place?

Are they just treasure hunters, or someone else?

The Empire?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541525

>>41541518
I do not think so. They knew where to look, dug too deep to just be curious. Someone told them if what horrors lay beneath the surface of that dead world.

>The girl walks to the cockpit and sits in the pilot's seat.


I do not know why there are after things better left along or who they are. The events of the outside world are lost to me, This is as far as I have been from my home.

>As she begins the start up sequence, she looks back towards Bolone.


Tell me, what is this 'Empire.' What are their goals?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541551

File: 1522773602760.jpg (14.67 KB, 165x225, download (18).jpg)

>>41541525
>Bolone followed Carnwennan up to the cockpit, starting to understand things a little better
>whoever this girl was, she seemed to be part of some underground society that was cut off from the greater universe
>which might explain why the Empire was now after her resources, if it was them

>so at her question regarding the Empire, Bolone took in in stride and started explaining


The Jupiter Empire.

They're a powerful organization led by two Decepticons, Jhiaxus and Straxus.

They want to conquer the galaxy, and...well, they've already got control of most of it...

>Bolone started floating beside Carnwennan's seat, basically sitting in mid-air himself, a faint pink glow around him as he did


I'd say you're lucky to not be involved, but...

Whether they think your planet is dead or not, they'll come for you anyway...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541562

File: 1522790730244.png (1.45 MB, 800x1040, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41541551
Ah the Decepitcons are the masterminds of this Empire, that explains much. Cybertronians are a race as old as they come, perhaps all these years gave them the time they needed to discover some of our secrets.

>She sighs as the engines groan to life.


If they will remain persistent in obtaining what they believe will grant them more power, I left with few options.

I must destroy the source of their desire, one way or another.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541564

File: 1522794542904.jpg (39.1 KB, 440x650, Mahou-sensei-negima-336022.jpg)

>>41541562
>once the ship came alive, Bolone opted to sit down in the seat beside Carnwennan's, strapping in and preparing for lift-off
>though at Carnwennan's suggestion of what to do with her possessions, he was quick to try and persuade her otherwise

Now hang on, let's not get ahead of ourselves or anything!

I'm sure we can keep what they're looking for out of their grasp!

>he paused, then folded his arms and gave a perplexed hum


We just need to think of a new place to hide it...

Jo Inarison!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541601

File: 1522870523017.jpg (210.46 KB, 1200x1200, Transteam_Gun.jpg)

>>41540980

Video Log 02- After effects

So after going under the modification and exposure to the gas, I can safely say that yes.. I'm now capable of using the bottles. Claire has undergone the same process, as well as Dr. Dauros.

Sora, oddly, seems to already have those sorts of qualities, maybe it has something to do with what the bangle he's wearing has already exposed him to?

Regardless, today I'm here to test a new device.

>She hoists up an odd, rather goofy looking gun.


With help from Dr. Dauros, I created this Transsteam system device, it should be able to transform a person via condensing the the gas into more of a steam and condensing into an armor.

...While the Doctor initially suggested using the Bugster virus as a sort of stabilizing agent for the device, I deemed it too dangerous, I'm certain that if the Doctor goes on and develops his version of the device, he'll later make a log of his own that we'll add to the data cache.

Anyway! The device works like this!

>She takes out a bottle and shakes it a little bit in her hand before flicking her wrist


Joukets

>She shoves the bottle into the gun before it announces "KABUTO, MISTMATCH. KABU KABU KABUTO"

>and she then fires the weapon, steam over taking her...

Jo Inarison!ScratchNrcCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541602

File: 1522870535844.png (105.03 KB, 287x216, latest.png)

>>41541601

>Black and gold armor with several engine like tubings seemed to form around the fox woman from the steam, with a clear stag beetle motif


>Once the armor was formed the steam faded and she flicked her wrist, the armor announcing "BEET BEET BEET"


This is the Transsteam transformation, Beetle Gold, with it my strength is increased exponentially, but unlike some SMASH, and some of my current blue prints, it can't really raise a person's existing hazard level. But that's not to discount this forms strength!

>Claire, the Green haired snake woman, wheels a punching bag in, that Jo punches


>...her fist easily tearing through to the otherside of the bag


Additionally, I've installed a sort of voice modulator for mutes, like Claire's, use so she can talk with it on if she were to wear it.


Keep in mind this is but one result, you might get a different form and power using a different bottle, for example, one may get a cobra themed state if they were to use this bottle-
>Jo produced a bottle with a cobra on the front of it
that I got from exposing Claire's DNA to the nebula gas.

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541628

File: 1522886663748.jpg (88.05 KB, 850x638, __berserker_and_hassan_of_sere…)

>>41541564
I appreciate the thought Bolone, however I think you'll understand the situation once you see the scope of problem...

>Just as Carnwennan's hands grip the controls, two security personnel in small motorcycle-like flying craft lowered themselves into view before them. High grade plasma weapons pointed at the two from beyond the window.


TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF THE CONTROLS AND SHUT DOWN YOUR SHUTTLE, BY ORDERS OF SECURITY DETAIL YOU ARE TO REMAIN INSIDE AND AWAIT AUTHORITIES TO ENTER!!

>Carnwennan looked absolutely unamused by this development.


Ah, they found us. That was fast.

>Along the two, many many many other flying not-motorcycle riding cops were starting to come into view and surrounded the shuttle.

>Odds were these were actual proper security members of this station who were being tricked into thinking they were thieves and not people posing as such, the number was simply too high to be the latter.

Tell me Bolone, do you know how to operate non-lethal weapons systems? Or perhaps have piloted a ship like this in the past?

YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO COMPLY!!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541637

File: 1522891681519.jpg (39.97 KB, 350x512, __negi_springfield_kamen_rider…)

>>41541628
>Bolone opened his mouth to say something, but before he could it quickly became apparent that they were surrounded by armed forces, necessitating quick thinking
>though at Carnwennan's question, Bolone thought of an alternative, and flashed a crafty grin at her

Weeeeeeell...I'm not much of a flier, really.

I can do this, though.

>he then placed his hands together, seemingly trying to focus, as his ring glowed pink once again

>he then spread his hands out, as the energy moved out from his body
>outside, the pink energy would wrap around the ship, forming a protective bubble to prevent the outsiders from damaging it

>though once it was done, Bolone blinked, and then looked to Carnwennan with a more embarrassed expression


This...won't really stop them from following us though, will it?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541781

File: 1523240456193.png (186.85 KB, 512x724, tumblr_oavnl9mTiX1vxil6uo3_540…)

>>41541637
>The moment the pink bubble enshrouds the shuttle, laser fire rains down on them harmlessly.

Impressive. So this is what a Violet Lantern can do...

>Carnwennan pushes forward on the controls and the shuttle flies forward.


I'll deal with them following, when I give the signal, remove your shield around the shuttle!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541785

File: 1523243784562.jpg (29.05 KB, 736x414, download (14).jpg)

>>41541781
>Bolone felt the barrage of lasers hitting the bubble from multiple directions, wincing a bit at the sudden impacts
>though he'd get used to it quickly enough, even while he began to strain to hold it up
>even so, he gave Carnwennan a confident smile, nodding at her command

Don't worry, I've got it!

>for how long, he couldn't really say

>but no sense in being negative now of all times

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541851

File: 1523410468618.jpg (43.21 KB, 1024x491, 3680677530be9e23cd295c64480658…)

>>41541785
>Carnwennan's piloting skills made it easier on Bolone as a lot of the oncoming fire was avoided. Had said not she was unfamiliar with flying a shuttle like this, the lantern might have mistaken her for an ace pilot as she flawlessly preformed complex maneuvers at high speeds.

>At the very end of the port there was a large ship, Carnwennan makes a bee line for it and quickly makes the shuttle dive down under the larger vessel.


NOW!!

>As she give the signal, her dagger appears in her hand and grips the handle tightly. Inky blackness drips from the blade and from Carnwennan's exposed skin. From her arms, her exposed back, and face, a fine oily black substance continues to pour out into the shuttle. But instead of pooling into the floor, it seeps into it and Bolone can see that now a film of blackness was coating the window outside and presumable the rest of the ship.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541857

File: 1523412486164.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41541851
>Bolone maintained the shield as Carnwennan weaved and dipped around the other ships, thankfully the stray shots that did hit not really disrupting his concentration that much
>his eyes widened as they came across the larger ship in front of him, noticing that Carnwennan was heading right for it

Uhh...m-maybe we should-whoa!

>and then they dipped straight down, flying underneath the large ship

>and just as that happened, he heard Carnwennan give the call to lower the shield, which he quickly did
>he turned to look at her after this, wondering what her plan was, only to see the black oily substance pour out of her from multiple points
>much to his amazement and surprise, though he had to wonder just what this was supposed to do

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541866

File: 1523418048918.jpg (103 KB, 1280x1024, blackvoid.jpg)

>>41541857
>Once the shield vanishes, Carnwennan stopped the shuttle and remained perfectly still, oozing blackness from her body as she simply watched outside.

>Though it made it difficult to make out though the inky material, Bolone would see the shapes of the security zoom past them, one after another until nearly the whole swarm moved right past them.


>Slowly Carnennan brought the shuttle into motion again, slowly pushing it forward as the the last few security members lingered looking for them.

>As the shuttle moved right a pair, Bolone could hear their distorted voices as if hearing them while under water.

Where the hell did they go??

They couldn't have vanished... Maybe they're using stealth?

Not getting anything, radar, inferred, electronic detection, nothing's picking them up. They're not here.

Damn it, the chief and that nasty broad are both gonna be pissed for not getting them.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541936

File: 1523464130794.jpg (44.48 KB, 269x270, tumblr_inline_nhd947yLSw1raysw…)

>>41541866
>Bolone was still confused as the inky substance seemed to cover their entire view-screen, making it impossible to tell where they were going
>and yet, bizarrely enough, he could still see the other ships just fine, albeit distorted and murky
>he listened to their total confusion about where they went, and couldn't help but be a little unnerved by it all
>but for the most part, he was just highly curious about it, so he looked at Carnwennan again and expressed as much

...just how are you doing that?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541952

File: 1523477992107.jpg (79.14 KB, 962x1136, tumblr_ozb01t8uxq1vhum40o1_128…)

>>41541936
>Carnwennan guides the ship out of port and away from the station.

It is what I was built for, keep things hidden away from the eyes of mortals.

>Once they were far enough out of sight, the out-pour of blackness turns into a slow trickle before stopping completely.


I am Carnwennan, the Dagger of Shadows. Just as you use Love to create light, I use my heart to bring forth darkness.

>She lets out a sigh. She felt slightly haggard after concealing a whole shuttle.


I am not use to hiding such a large object though... I hope I won't have to do so again.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541957

File: 1523480691543.jpg (14.67 KB, 165x225, download (18).jpg)

>>41541952
>a lot of what Carnwennan said flew right past Bolone, in all honesty
>being "the Dagger of Shadows" meant very little to him, and how her powers worked didn't really make much sense
>he could tell they left her tired after they made their escape, but that was about it
>though as they carefully flew down to the planet beneath them, he couldn't help but ask

...wait, "built"?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541987

File: 1523496188505.jpg (38.33 KB, 451x810, tumblr_ospgpeE1V21w97c5wo1_540…)

>>41541957
>putting the shuttle onto auto pilot, Carnwennan pulls herself out her seat and walks to the back.

I was forged by a race that was wiped out roughly ten thousand years ago. Since their extinction, I have been watching over what they've left behind. Protecting the races that follow in their footsteps from uncovering things that are better left well alone.

>She pulls a small table out from the wall and takes a seat in front of it.


As I said before, I allow some to leave with harmless items. It's that curiosity that my creators admired in humanity, even to emulate them in nearly ever aspect...

>She reaches small burlap pouch on a counter and takes out two tiny deep blue cubes. Placing them on the table, she put one in front of her and another in front of the empty seat before her.


Though perhaps that was an error in my judgement.

>She looks over to Bolone and motions for him to take the empty seat.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41541991

File: 1523498177007.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41541987
>Bolone watched as Carnwennan moved to the back of the ship, still a bit lost even as she explained a bit more of what was going on
>it sounded like she was some sort of artificial being made by this ancient race, which he wouldn't have guessed from looking at her or holding her
>though that might've explained her somewhat distant attitude

>when he was beckoned to the back, he soon got up and followed her there

>though he was still hopelessly confused

So, these items you're protecting...

Just how dangerous are they?

>he sat down across from her as she instructed, mostly just waiting to see where this went


I know you said they'll become more powerful, but in what way?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542001

File: 1523501496834.jpg (44.9 KB, 705x397, classic-roast-beef.jpg)

>>41541991
>The woman takes the cube in her hand and begins to unfold it. Though the cube was only the size of a golf ball, it somehow fit a whole, fresh-out-of-the-oven roast beef inside of it, complete with utensils and a gravy boat.

They contain a corruptive influence that latches into organic and inorganic material that's soaked in it and twists it into something not natural in this universe.

>She then unfolds the cube in front of Bolone and it contains the same meal for him as well.

>All that was missing was candle light and a lighter topic of discussion.

My creators kept many samples of this influence to study and learned that it's actively insidious, like an illness, working towards spreading to others around it.

What was in contained in that case would have been enough to infect the whole station, everyone would be twisted beyond salvation.

>Carnwennan, cuts into her hunk of perfectly cooked meat places a chunk into her mouth. After swallowing, she continues.


But it does not discriminate or care of loyalties, this Empire would be in as much danger using that influence as those they plan to unleash it on. If that is there plan for it...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542012

File: 1523504858626.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41542001
>Bolone watched as Carnwennan just opened up the cube and a full roast beef dinner popped out of it
>which wasn't the most unusual thing he'd ever seen, but it didn't help to lessen his confusion
>which only grew further when another one appeared in front of him, with the implication that he was supposed to eat a full roast beef all by himself
>his frame could not handle that much meat, that was for sure

>still, he would at least be a polite guest

>so he started to do the same as her, cutting off a smaller piece of the beef and chewing on it
>though once he swallowed it, he was quick to respond to the subject presented

I have to ask now...just who were these people?

Was it any race that the populace of the galaxy would actually know?

Did they make this stuff or just find it?

<"And how did they make an artificial being who can eat just like anyone else?"

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542049

File: 1523517758707.jpg (70.24 KB, 540x766, tumblr_oxf1625bvu1vmd8g0o1_540…)

>>41542012
>Though the girl in front of him was lithe, Carnwennan steadily put away the roast before her one chunk of meat at a time.

Human beings called them Angels, the single remaining record of Cybertronian interaction claims they call my creators "Loons." The latter is the more common.

>She pours more gravy into her roast and has another bite.


I can't imagine there are many who remember anymore. As far as the galaxy and myself know, my creators are a long dead race. Only leaving their creations and work behind.

>munch...

>Half way done.

There could be others still living, or perhaps decedents. I do not know.

>As for the final question Carnwennan face became sorrowful as if reliving an old nightmare of the past.


In their quest to study and amass knowledge, the angels made contact with something even beyond their full understanding. Something malevolent.

It brought about a Calamity of fire and rot that only ended when the Angels gave everything they had to push it back.

The vile influence left behind are the embers of that great inferno. Looking for spark a new blaze.

>Carwenn polishes off the rest of her roast and even drinks the gravy out of it's container.


I have kept these samples for so long, wait, hoping they're return, to continue their work. It was my mission, my last order.

I have been alone ever since.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542063

File: 1523545925470.png (1.05 MB, 1024x576, tumblr_n962krrlht1tvqnm6o1_128…)

>>41542049
>Bolone had barely gotten through a slice of the roast as he watched Carnwennan polish off hers in no time at all, absolutely baffled that she could do that
>so much so that he almost missed out on what she was saying, needing to take a second to process it when she finished
>and the name that she used to describe the beings that created her were what really drew his interest

...the Angels?

>he stared at her in surprise, unable to find the connection as mere coincidence


Are these the same Angels that created life on Echidna?

>he did register that she felt alone, and did want to help with that

>but he'd have to satiate his curiosity while he could

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542137

File: 1523589683150.png (391.71 KB, 650x1200, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41542063
>Carnwennan folds her cube back into it's original shape, taking everything that was left over back into it's tiny space.

The Echidna project survived?

>Hearing this news seemed to lift her spirits.


Yes, they're the very same. Echidna was one of several planets created to house large scale biological experiments.

>She leans foward a bit, eager to hear more.


Please, tell me more. Are they thriving?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542156

File: 1523594081691.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41542137
>now Bolone was really surprised by this revelation
>he knew that the Angels had created most of the lifeforms on Echidna, as he had spent quite a bit of time there back when he first became a Violet Lantern
>but he had no idea the Angels created more life elsewhere, which he figured would be quite the shock should he reveal it to anyone on Echidna

Oh! Yeah, they're doing very well, at least that's how it looked to me.

>he resumed sampling the beef he'd been given, not wanting to let it go to waste, while still talking to Carnwennan


You wouldn't even be able to tell that they'd been assigned there. I didn't know until they told me.

>he paused, trying to think of how best to explain the landscape to her


It's very...divided. Each section where the different subspecies live are wildly different from one another.

Was it always like that?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542283

File: 1523821463754.png (192.9 KB, 600x700, tumblr_p2u53u7Rj71w169g0o1_128…)

>>41542156
>She nods excitedly.

Indeed it was! The division was to better examine their adaption to different environments and viability of created subspecies!

>Her interest in the subject was like an eager researcher talking about her latest passionate project.

>Before she could continue however, the shuttle lets out a beeping noise indicating they're about to land on Gaupra.

Oh, that was faster then I thought it was going to be... We better get ready to leave. Are you finished?

>She asked pointing at the left over beef.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542287

File: 1523827399427.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41542283
>Bolone looked down at the barely-touched roast beef, hating the idea of letting it go to waste, but knowing there was no chance in Hell he could polish it off
>so with them at their destination, he had to give Carnwennan an apologetic smile as he stood up

Y-Yeah, sorry...

Don't have much of an appetite right now.

<"Not for food, anyway...~"


>he wasn't sure at this point of something could happen between him and Carnwennan

>but that didn't mean he wasn't going to keep the thought in mind until proven otherwise

So what's the plan, exactly?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542370

File: 1524018986064.jpg (76.81 KB, 850x850, __fujimaru_ritsuka_and_hassan_…)

>>41542287
It's fine, the contents of the cube will simply revert to a time frame where it was fresh and untouched so it will not be wasted.

>she folds up the cube and puts the two away. Then she moves to the storage and takes the cause out as the shuttle gets ready to land.


We'll have to take these main containment chamber and begin the purging process that should destroy all the samples kept within the planet.

It's regretful but it's better that then to let it fall into the wrong hands.

>The side door of the shuttle opens wide as the ship sets down on the planet of black sand and twin suns. Bolone could feel the heat hit him like a wall.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542376

File: 1524020904304.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41542370
>Bolone followed Carnwennan to the shuttle door, growing a bit worried as he did
>he didn't like the sound of what she was saying regarding "destroying the samples", but as he was about to say that, he stepped out into the blistering heat and let out a choking noise
>the aura went back up around his body, but it did only a little to help fend it off
>regardless, he followed Carnwennan out, hovering above the blackened sand as he did

Is that...really the only option?

I mean, I know it's dangerous...but this is still something left behind by your creators...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542435

File: 1524176815182.jpg (153.22 KB, 540x763, tumblr_osexrdNhFM1wp4iwko1_540…)

>>41542376
>Carnwennan walked across the blistering hot sand without hesitation. The heat on her feet or from the suns didn't bother her one bit.

It is. Though it is my duty to protect those samples and await for the return of my creators, it absolutely cannot be unleashed upon the world once again.

>Though that meant once they are gone... Carnwennan's reason for existing will be destroyed as well.


Though once the deed is done, I'll be at a loss as what to do afterwards...

>She walks forwards with purpose however, towards a gathering of smooth blue stone pillars poking out of the sand dunes.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542438

File: 1524178645330.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41542435
>Bolone floated behind Carnwennan as they began their long trek towards their destination, mulling over the problem she just presented
>while he certainly did accept that it had to be done for the sake of everyone else, depriving her of a purpose was simply unfair
>and sadly, he didn't really know what to suggest as an alternative

Well...don't you have any desires of your own?

Any interests? Hobbies? Curiosities?

Anything like that?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542445

File: 1524187164401.jpg (86.94 KB, 850x1196, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41542438
>Hobbies or interests...? She had to think hard about that. Nothing came to mind however. Curiosities on the other hand.

I've been on this planet for roughly 10,000 years. So much has probably changed and evolved around me. I've love to be able to see everything that has developed and occurred in that time.

Perhaps then I'll find a purpose for myself.
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542449

File: 1524188774624.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41542445
>Bolone's expression perked back up at Carnwennan's idea, floating up beside her to continue the conversation

That's a good place to start!

I could take you somewhere you wanted to go, if you like~

>of course he had something else in mind, which he was thinking he should try and hint towards in the hopes she might pick it up


Or I could teach you a few of the things you might not have learned before now~

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542468

File: 1524262940036.jpg (115.3 KB, 850x1462, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41542449
>She looks back at him as she continues to walk.

Oh? What sorts of things? I'd be happy to try anything...

>Her statement was innocent enough. Though she slowly started to process what he was inferring with that line.

>Was there a hint of pink on her dark skinned face, or was that a trick of the sunlight?

W-well we'll see! First we'll take care of this!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542472

File: 1524264317601.jpg (43.02 KB, 256x280, tumblr_inline_nhd95nbOuP1raysw…)

>>41542468
>Bolone couldn't help but grin mischievously at Carnwennan's reaction
>clearly she knew enough to understand what he was hinting at, so that was a plus
>she also didn't say no, so things were looking up

Of course, of course~

>opting to think of another subject, Bolone floated down to stare at the black sand beneath them


So how exactly is the sand on this planet this colour?

>he reached down to pick some of it up, only to hiss and pull his hand away when it was way too hot


Yikes!

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542593

File: 1524450712049.jpg (153 KB, 850x941, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41542472
>Ah yes, she was wondering when he'd ask.

It's what was left over. This planet use to be full of live and beauty. The two suns provided the energy needed for beautiful blue flowers and grasses to grow all over the surface. They'd all glow at night and it was mesmerising to see...

The fire that spawns this muck came here, to this planet, spread over the whole land. Even the sea and skies weren't safe. Rot and embers reduced everything to this sand... And what samples left were collected and stored here for further research.

>She frowns again looking at the ground under her feet.


I was build to combat this muck, and the things that spawned from it. But I couldn't stop the tide no matter how hard I tried... So the least I can do now is stop another planet from suffering the same fate.

>The girl stops at the grouping of blue pillars and awaits for something to happen. Then the ground before her opens up and a staircase leading down into the earth is revealed.


It'll be cooler once we get inside.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542626

File: 1524494245149.jpg (25.88 KB, 238x141, tumblr_inline_nhd959zwfP1raysw…)

>>41542593
>Bolone listened carefully as Carnwennan explained the history of this planet, though he had a bit of a hard time picturing this planet as having once been lively and populated
>it was one thing for a planet like that to become a barren desert over time, but to be covered in black sand just made it all the harder to imagine

>but as the ground opened up at Carnwennan's feet, and she started to descend down into the earth itself, something else she said clicked with him

>and as he followed her down, he couldn't help but somewhat nervously ask:

...I'm sorry, wait.

What was that about "things" spawning from this...?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542674

File: 1524619524761.jpg (74.25 KB, 1024x516, tesla-tree-1024x516.jpg)

>>41542626
Yes. Everything that muck touches, organic matter, inorganic, lifeforms of all kinds, even plant life can be warped and mutated into something foreign to this universe. Something evil and with purpose, bent on sweeping across the stars like a plague, until everything is rotten sludge and embers.

>As she walked down, the rough grey stone walls tune deep blue and smooth. A material that was similar to stone but... different.


The angels built me and others like me to combat such creatures and infection but we could only fight against the tides so well, many planets like this couldn't be saved ended up barren and void of life like this.

>When it felt they were deep underground, the stairs finally end and the two of them stand in a large empty room with four pillars supporting a tall ceiling. The ceiling had a massive carving on it that depicted two colossal fires that seemed to cover the entire 'sky' and beyond. In the center, where the twin wing-like flames converged, was a comparatively tiny being with a humanoid form. Looking down on the both of them with a wide sinister grin on their face.


That is why I cannot let anyone remove the reaming samples and use them regardless of their intentions with them. All life in the universe would be in danger...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542686

File: 1524634669995.jpg (15.72 KB, 500x375, tumblr_inline_n77s9ubCP11qmidq…)

>>41542674
>Bolone kept floating along behind Carnwennan as they descended deeper into the barren earth
>her explanation for what this substance could do only served to draw rather disturbing images in his mind, as he imagined just what the corrupted versions of life on this planet could be
>the fact that it could be anything that's infected only emphasized just how seriously deadly this was, and now Bolone finally understood that Carnwennan wasn't exaggerating at all

>once they reached the bottom of the staircase, Bolone looked up to the ceiling as he saw the pillars holding something up, and saw the carving above them

>he couldn't help but grimace a little in response to the sinister sneer he was being given

Alright, you've certainly made your point...

But how are you going to get rid of this stuff?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542717

File: 1524709846412.png (186.79 KB, 750x1000, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41542686
>Standing in front of the large double doors a hard light display appears in front of Carnwennan. She begins to type rapidly and the blank screen rapidly fills with symbols and words Bolone's never seen before.

Though the twisted creatures that are born from this rot are subject to the same laws and susceptibilities to damage as we are, the muck itself... The laws of physics and matter are more guidelines. Though attempting to exterminate it with conventional means is near impossible.

Holy Weapons like myself would either need to gather in mass to purge it completely... or a cosmic event would need to be triggered. Forcing it into a blackhole, placing it in a gap in time, bending the fabric of space to fold in on itself and smother it.

>After the large and tall screen is completely filled out, the display beeps, vanishes, and the doors swing open.


This facility's purging method is to rip open a gap between time and store the samples inside where no one can access it ever again.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542721

File: 1524717640480.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41542717
>now that was some downright madness that Bolone just heard

You what?

You just rip open a hole in time itself to store this stuff away?

>Bolone was just wracked with disbelief at this, their method of disposing of this planet-wide corrupting substance sounding completely baffling to him


...how?

How can you just...do that?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542725

File: 1524720569891.jpg (97.41 KB, 540x729, tumblr_ospgt75q1O1w97c5wo1_540…)

>>41542721
>With the doors fully opened, Carnwennan turns back to look to Bolone with surprise.

So... no one has created time manipulation technology yet? I had thought after ten thousand years someone would have figured out the formula once again and developed the appropriate tech.

Well then, I'll explain.

>She walks through the door way into the next room. The massive room was quite different from the rest of the ruin. It was about the side of a football field and filled with plants, trees, and even wildlife. Animals with glowing patches on their hides flashed in many different colours as they grazed on the shimmering white grass and luminescent blue flowers. The dim lighting inside, almost felt like late evening, made the light show even more spectacular.


The universe is three dimensional and we are able to move through these three axis of our own will. With the right calculations and proper application of energy, the same is possible with the fourth dimension, which is time.

>She stops before a small pond filled with colourful fish that sparkle with multi coloured light. From a bowl sitting on a pedestal, she grabs a hand full of fish food and tosses it into the pond.


Though as one can jump, run, walk, or crawl through a space, there are different methods to moving though time. The angelic method was to 'sail' through it so to speak.

We used devices called Pulse Drivers to case a wave in time, a harmless ripple really, that crafts or even the Angels themselves can ride upon to move to any point in time they wished. Think of it as like tossing a stone into a pound and watching a leaf ride the wave.

>She picks a strange looking fruit from a tree and hand feeds a six legged deer like creature with green glowing spots on it's hide.


But you can also disrupt that wave or create conflicting ones with more then one Pulse Driver in use. The resulting disruption causes a small gap where time doesn't exist. That gap can be used to safely dispose of the samples.

It's really fascinating, isn't it?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542727

File: 1524725667652.jpg (32.29 KB, 356x604, Mahou-sensei-negima-336416.jpg)

>>41542725
>Bolone kept moving along behind Carnwennan, taking the time to look around them as they traveled deeper into the underground cavern
>he tried to follow along with the points that she was making about how their ability to affect time worked, but it just completely blew by him
>so he seemed more interested in watching the glowing fish in the pond nearby
>or the glowing deer creature that came up to Carnwennan when she plucked a fruit from the tree
>or staring at Carnwennan's exposed back, moving his eyes up and down with a grin on his face

...~

>at her question, he jolted and looked up at her, grinning sheepishly and scrambling for an answer


Y-Yeah! Absolutely!

...b-but I'm kinda confused how the Angels could even do...well...

>he gestured at the landscape around them


All of this, and that time...stuff to begin with.

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542768

File: 1524811057991.jpg (316.73 KB, 700x1000, 67637277_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41542727
Through willpower and know how.

>She answers simply as she continues to walk through this garden of lights.


The angels literally manipulate the world around them with sheer will power. There was little they could not accomplish with their will and near limitless knowledge, this bio dome is one of those accomplishments.

Countless domes like this exist across the galaxy, a capsule that contains all the necessary ecological data and samples revitalise a planet after an extinction event...

>They finally reach the other end of the dome and another set of doors.


I had wished to return this planet to it's natural state for some time, but I can't do so as long as the Influence samples still remain here.

...Perhaps I was looking for an excuse to get rid of them this whole time.

>She mutters to herself as she undoes the lock.


If one wills it, then it shall be so...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542773

File: 1524845325629.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41542768

...hhhuh...

>Bolone was taking that answer more in stride than one might expect

>the knowledge that the Angels were so powerful that they could do the seeming impossible through sheer willpower was something that most people would find baffling or shocking
>but in his case, it sounded a lot like what each Lantern Corps could do, just on a much larger scale
>though their powers only made temporary creations, but he still wondered if there was some sort of connection between them...

...just how much did the Angels actually create?

I mean, it sounds like they've been around for ages, so they must've shaped a lot of the universe themselves...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542859

File: 1525052103804.png (366.07 KB, 541x1033, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41542773
Aside from several planets to provide a habitat for ecological experiments and species preservation, the Angels were content on letting the universe shape itself.

They only wished to observe and document it's creation, catalogue species, and learn about the abundance of cultures that were blooming at the time.

Humanity in particular was always fascinating to them...

>The lock on the door deactivates and the large double doors swing open, and a vile smell washes over Bolone, a horrid stench of fresh rot and decay with the offensive odor of burning flesh. The room inside was completely dark inside except for a few dancing embers that could be seen in the blackness.


>Carnwennan was well aware of how bad it smelled but she herself had been around it for so long she'd been use to it.


I'll warn you know... it's only going to get worse once we enter the room.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542863

File: 1525054058978.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41542859
>Carnwennan's answer only raised more questions for Bolone, mainly about what the Angels were to be able to do that
>sure, the name certainly drew a particular picture about them, but that didn't necessarily mean they were the same as the ones he was semi-familiar with

-!

>of course Bolone's train of thought came to a screeching halt when Carnwennan opened the door and the overpowering stench burst out from within

>he held both of his hands over his nose and mouth, letting out a few gagging noises at the sheer disgust he was experiencing
>there was a brief flash of pink light, and he removed his hands to show a sort of gas-mask-like construct over his mouth and nose

Uuuuugh...

How can you stand this?

>his voice was muffled a bit by the mask, but not so much that Carnwennan couldn't understand him

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542895

File: 1525137215639.jpg (87.21 KB, 850x1222, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41542863
I can smell it, I was built not to repulsed by it... Makes it easier to fight when you're not gagging.

>Walking into the room, the lights slowly illuminate the room and the source of the smell is an Olympic-sized pool of viscous liquid that had flickering embers dancing across it's surface and even beneath it. Looking at the pool left an uncanny feeling of unease and nausea. The pool also occasionally churned and sloshed around in it's confines as if something was swimming around inside of it.


We just need to open this case now and place the samples in with the pool, then we can purge all of this... muck from our universe...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542899

File: 1525140532385.jpg (30.72 KB, 500x281, tumblr_lknipbotuK1qee6of.jpg)

>>41542895
>even with the mask disguising the smell, Bolone felt like gagging all over again when he saw the actual source of the smell, thoroughly disgusted by the pool of sludge before them
>he wasn't sure if he even wanted to know what the substance was, or what might be lurking within it
>...hang on, was something down there?

>Bolone tried to ignore the sinking feeling in his stomach, just floating along side Carnwennan while not looking at the pool directly


R-Right, yeah...

So...is there anything you want me to do?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542988

File: 1525230301392.jpg (131.35 KB, 473x810, tumblr_ospfif4GYN1w97c5wo1_540…)

>>41542899
I have a device that should be able to crack this open... but I am most certainly going to need your help with restarting the pulse drivers. They've been in a state of inactivity for too long and will need to be started manually--

>Carnwennan freezes suddenly as the blue walls of the containment room turn red and an alarm blares out loudly. She turns back to the doors they walked in from and with a mildly shocked look.


A security alarm...? But the defences haven't come online? ...No.

>Something dawns on her as she looks at the case in her hand. With a sudden urgency, and frighteningly little effort, Carnwennan grips the top of the metal suitcase in her hands and peels it apart. Metal alloys bends, tough ceramics snap, the electric lock sparks and hisses at it's sudden rending, and the black foam inside spins free of it's mangled shell. Wrapped inside was small square device that was beeping and clicking quietly, transmitting a signal for whoever had replaced the samples with it.


...How could I have not realised this until now?

>She had let the Empire in. Perhaps that was there goal all along... to use her to lead them here. Carnwennan quickly slams the doors to the containment area shut and locked them before looking back to the Lantern.


Bolone. I fear I may have put you in greater danger then I had realised. I have a selfish request to make; If I tell you to flee... you must safe yourself first.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41542993

File: 1525236585534.jpg (46.36 KB, 313x286, tumblr_inline_nhd91tXQUS1raysw…)

>>41542988

-?!

>Bolone tensed up when the alarm suddenly went off, not knowing what could've gone and caused it

>he didn't even know there was an alarm to begin with, so he really didn't know what to do
>but when Carnwennan just tore the case open, given she seemed to not know how to open it earlier, it definitely raised some warning signs
>whatever was happening it was clear any sense of caution was out the window

>when Carnwennan explained that it was the Empire on their doorstep and that he had to prepare to escape, he was quick to refute this


Like hell I'm just leaving you here!

And can't we both travel through that shadowy space you used before?!

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543040

File: 1525317442837.jpg (321.18 KB, 1280x1823, tumblr_odqlfxe9SU1uzwbyjo1_128…)

>>41542993
>She responds quietly as she looks back over at the pool of evil behind her.

I can't leave Bolone... They're after the Influence. I have to do everything I can to ensure they don't obtain it. If I leave... there's no telling how many people will suffer if I abandon my duty.

>She sadly smiles as she places a hand on his shoulder. The first person she's interacted with in an eternity, she didn't want to be responsible for his demise.


But you have a life ahead of you, I don't want it to end here because of my responsibility. I'll... buy you time if I can.

>The sounds of muffled gunfire can be heard from the other side of the giant doors, as well as the panic of the animals being shot at.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543047

File: 1525322597050.jpg (64.45 KB, 378x303, tumblr_inline_nhd91hkyQP1raysw…)

>>41543040
>despite Carnwennan's reassurances, Bolone was far from willing to give in that easily
>if anything, the sounds of gunfire from the other room only served to steel his nerve

I'm not leaving if you're not coming with me!

>Bolone then raised a hand to his face, and the gas mask he'd been wearing over his mouth shifted and morphed to cover his whole face

>and soon he was wearing the insect-like helmet he'd worn earlier, before stepping past Carnwennan to head for the door

You worry about destroying that stuff!

I'll hold them off!

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543223

File: 1525563148853.jpg (65.47 KB, 429x810, tumblr_obnju2heYI1twrse4o1_540…)

>>41543047
Bolone...

>Carnwennan was amazed that the young man was willing to do this for her. But she wasn't going to say no to him if this was his choice.


Very well, I'll join you once I'm finished!

>She opens the door enough for Bolone to pass through and it would shut the moment he was safely though.


Please... stay safe until then.
>Continued...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543228

File: 1525564168517.png (39.36 KB, 152x348, FFXIII_enemy_PSICOM_Warden.png)

>>41543223
>>41543047
>The biodome was in chaos as Bolone reenters it. Trees were on fire, animals lay dead in the grass filled with bullet holes and laser burns.

>In the middle of the dome was a group of a dozen soldiers. The gear they had on didn't look like that of standard Empire equipment but they certainly used some of the same tactics...


>The turmoil around them at least gave Bolone the chance to act first.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543284

File: 1525622570996.jpg (55.37 KB, 404x291, tumblr_inline_nhd93yJV3A1raysw…)

>>41543223
>>41543228
>once Bolone was outside and facing the group of mercenaries, a clear surge of anger went through him, bearing witness to the needless destruction they brought about to the entirely unique and irreplaceable landscape and wildlife around them
>though he had as few dealings with the Empire as he could help, watching this happen before him reminded him just what they were capable of, and how much of a threat they posed to the entire universe
>it made him wonder if he should do more to stop them...

>he pushed all thoughts of anger out of his mind, however

>that wasn't the reason he was here
>he was here to protect someone, not destroy others
>he placed his hands together and slowly exhaled, as his ring began to glow again

>the pink aura around him grew larger and larger in size, as he floated in the air above the soldiers

>soon, it took the shape of a giant humanoid, reaching up to the ceiling of the cave they were in, with Bolone's body hovering in the center of it
>this would be alarming enough, if not for the fact that this humanoid shape now had ten arms, coming out of the back or sides of the shape

>once the construct was complete, Bolone's voice rang through it, as if he were speaking through a megaphone


ALL OF YOU!

TURN AROUND AND LEAVE NOW! NEVER RETURN HERE! FORGET YOU EVER SAW THIS PLACE!

THIS IS THE ONLY WARNING I WILL GIVE YOU!

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543315

File: 1525655907707.jpg (94.09 KB, 550x1150, FFXIII-JihlConcept.jpg)

>>41543284
>The massive construct had the effect of stopping everyone in their tracks. Leaving however didn't seem to be something they were tempted to do much less forget what they saw here.

I'm afraid we're not going anywhere! Not until we get what we came for.

>Among the men stood a woman who did not show the same apprehension towards the large purple 'creature' towering over them.

>She was not outfitted with the same combat uniforms or weapons as the soldiers that accompanied her, instead she looked more like a secretary albeit one with golden accessories and silver trimming on her dress. Regardless she seemed to be the one in charge of the operation...

Whoever you are unless you're going to hand over the so-called 'Holy Weapon' and whatever remaining samples of the biohazard remain contained here, I suggest you stand aside and do not interfere with our operation.

>Her tone dripped with annoyance, clearly seeing this obstetrical before her more as a minor nuisance then a credible threat.


And that is the only warning I'll give you.

>A waving motion of her hand is all she needed to get her men back into order. They aimed their weapons at Bolone and were ready to fire at a moments notice.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543319

File: 1525657083340.jpg (42.16 KB, 704x396, __negi_springfield_mahou_sense…)

>>41543315
>Bolone let out a tsk from behind his helmet, the woman's arrival and subsequent diffusing of the tension only annoying him
>he didn't hold high hopes that he could've simply scared them off in the first place, but he still had some hope in that regard
>so now it seemed as though he'd have to get rough

>in response, the ten-armed giant raised its arms back

>only to swing them forward and clap all five pairs of hands at once in an ear-shattering WHAM

>in doing so, a powerful shockwave moved out from the joined hands, washing over the battlefield before Bolone with enough force to push everyone back

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543454

File: 1525999285336.jpg (69.51 KB, 800x450, Jihl_XIII-2_Face.jpg)

>>41543319
>The force of the wave bends trees, the sound reverberates through the dome over and again, the force pushed the gunmen off their feet and back several yards. The noise created by the clap disorientated the troopers and many of them were too busy dealing with the ringing in their head to respond with any form of attack...

My goodness... I wonder how you're doing that.

>The woman remained in place, protected by a dome-like barrier comprised of transparent hexagons that even kept the thunderous sound from reaching her ears. She adjusts her glasses as she looks up at Bolone with mild curiosity.


This is turning into a rather profitable job, I'm sure the Empire would pay extra for another subject to experiment on.

Get up already you louts! I don't keep you employed to roll about uselessly! Work for you shanix you maggots!

>While she barks at them from the safety of her one person barrier, the men slowly get back up and once again train their guns on Bolone. This time they don't hesitate to open fire on him. Bullets and laser bolts aimed at center mass of the giant construct all fly towards the Lantern.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543487

File: 1526065859930.jpg (39.97 KB, 350x512, __negi_springfield_kamen_rider…)

>>41543454
>the combined firepower from the Empire forces wouldn't do much to harm Bolone, the blasts bouncing off of the construct's body with little impact shown
>Bolone himself was a tad agitated that the ringleader in this was hiding behind a shield while still ordering her men around like drones, and clearly this wasn't going to end until he got to her
>so he'd have to take them out more carefully before reaching her

>the construct began to shrink before everyone's eyes, making their target that much harder to hit

>until Bolone was back to his normal size, albeit with the pink shell still around him to protect him, and the eight arms still present
>he then began to dash towards the collected group, still moving at a decent speed despite the assumed weight of his protective shell

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543602

File: 1526438612518.png (267.18 KB, 754x651, Jihl_Nabaat_XIII-2_Battle_Rend…)

>>41543487
>It was clear small arms arms fire was not going to work on the shell, the heavier weaponry came out. A pair of grunts set up a laser cannon in haste, a fancy thing that looked almost as if it were made of gold and ivory.

>Quickly connecting a crystal fuel rod to the weapon, the crystal glows brightly as it sends power to the cannon, without much time to aim before Bolone was upon them they blindly let loose a powerful beam of red light.


>The woman hiding in her shield rolls her eyes as she watches her men uselessly flounder about.


If you want something done right...

>Some hexagons peel back as she draws a collapsible baton from a holster. Flicking it to extend it to it's full length, she points the tip at Bolone and concentrates. Almost immediately afterwards a large fire ball hurtles towards the young man.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543635

File: 1526518912326.jpg (42.16 KB, 704x396, __negi_springfield_mahou_sense…)

>>41543602
>the energy cannon shooting at Bolone did give him pause, having to hold his multiple hands out as the blast came for him
>the impact only served to push him back, moving him across the distance he'd just crossed, until he skidded to a halt
>all while the protective shell around him remained as sturdy as ever

>when Bolone saw the fireball come for him, he seemed to grow a bit annoyed, letting out a short "tsk" noise

>two of the hand constructs then grew to a larger size, just as the fireball was getting uncomfortably close
>and then-

>CLAP!


>both hands slapped together over the fireball, snuffing the fire out between them

>in return, the other four sets of arms suddenly stretched out from Bolone's body, rocketing back out at the collection of soldiers before him, each hand smacking into the face of the closest eight to knock them down again

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543710

File: 1526757414657.png (2.56 MB, 1920x1080, FFXIII-2_Jihl_DLC_2(1).png)

>>41543635
>As the battled carried on, the biodome began to rumble and the loud sound of humming grew from the far side of the dome. Whatever Carnwennan had planed to do had begun.

>The woman growled in annoyance as Bolone continued to thwart her attempts to subdue him. Even as her battered minions struggled to get back up, she berated them for not moving fast enough.


Get up you worms! I won't allow one brat to get in the way of this job!

>The woman turns her attention back to Bolone and wildly swings around her baton. One, two, three, four. With each swing another fire ball is launched towards the Lantern.


JUST... DROP... DEAD... ALREADY!!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543711

File: 1526758742835.png (84.52 KB, 250x232, download (4).png)

>>41543710
>with a good number of the minions down for the count, Bolone once again had to contend with the madwoman throwing more fire at him
>even as he held out the oversized hands to block the blasts, the heat was starting to get to him just a bit, and he was starting to worry that his construct wouldn't hold up if this continued
>so again, with the hands held out in front of him like a battering ram, he charged forward towards the woman
>and with a shout, he crashed into her, trying to just barrel her over and engage her directly

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543714

>>41543711
>She only had moments to react as Bolone charged right at her. She quickly put up the same barrier as before, now a flat wall in front of her instead of a small dome that surrounded her. It also clearly wasn't as strong. It acted more like a net, dampening the impact as it broke and he continued on path directly into the woman.

>She let out a shout of pain as she was struck and slid back. Hunched over and holding her torso for a moment, she raises her head to glare at Bolone with enough scorn to burn a hole through him.


How dare you...

>The hit clearly did a number on her, but she had enough will, or perhaps fury, to press on and she quickly strides towards Bolone. Two more flicks of her baton and another two fire balls hurl themselves at the Lantern. Once she get close enough she raised her weapon overhead, now crackling with an electric charge, to bring it down on him with a surprising amount of force for an object that appeared to thin and lightweight.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543717

File: 1526762986525.jpg (150.06 KB, 546x693, Rsz_14.jpg)

>>41543714
>once Bolone had crossed the distance and had at least knocked the woman over, the oversized hands shrank back to a normal size
>which proved to be a poor decision, as even at close range she kept throwing fireballs at him, adding to the heat slowly overcoming him
>which was replaced by a sharp shock to his back when the baton hit him, sending him down on the ground with a yelp

>though after a moment, the reason for constructing multiple arms would become clear

>two hands shot out to grab onto her ankles, holding her in place
>then two hands pushed Bolone off of the floor, while another two reached out and grabbed her wrists
>both wrists were then twisted painfully, attempting to get the woman to drop her weapon

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543721

>>41543717
!!

>She wasn't expecting to be restrained like this and too her credit she struggled to break free even as her wrists were twisted. She grits her teeth and glares at him in defiance. Her hands trembling in pain but she held firm. Maybe just a little more pressure...


Unhand me.... this instant!

>By now a few of her lackies had gotten back up and had trained their weapons back on Bolone. However with the woman in the way they hesitate to unload on him.


Captain...!

D-don't worry about me you idiots! Shoot him before he breaks my writs!!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543726

File: 1526766785508.jpg (151.72 KB, 749x401, Rsz_507.jpg)

>>41543721
>with Bolone's grip tightening on the woman's limbs, the extra arms helped him to get to his feet
>though at her order for them to fire on them anyway, he moved as quickly as he could
>the hands grasping onto her suddenly lifted her with incredibly surprising strength, only to flip her over so she was hanging upside down
>the numerous hands then moved around to grasp her joints and limbs, twisting them and trapping them under his arms to keep her from moving
>her legs were tucked under one set, her arms were bent back and her wrists were being twisted again, and another set of hands were pulling her neck back, just to add a bit more pain to her body
>and with the complicated hold complete, Bolone finally spoke

You're not shooting anyone!

You're leaving! Now!

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543728

>>41543726
>Now feeling like a pretzel being man handled by an angry cook the women couldn't endure the pain any longer. She was about to give in to his demands, for now at least, until one of her minions came up with a salutation to their predicament.

>Bolone catches a glimpse of one of them holding onto a familiar-looking case and punching in the code to undo the lock. The case quickly opens up and they grab a clear glass cylinder with metal caps on the end. One of the caps looked like some sort of injection device.

>Inside the glass tube was a black fluid that Bolone had become familiar with now...

Let her go! Or I'll... I'll throw this at you!!

>The woman had to crane her neck to see what he was holding out the corner of her eyes and she screams at him when she sees what has in his hands


Don't you dare, you'll kill is all!!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543730

File: 1526771699063.jpg (46.36 KB, 313x286, tumblr_inline_nhd91tXQUS1raysw…)

>>41543728
>Bolone kept up the tight hold to ensure they met his demands, but when one of the soldiers held out an all-too familiar fluid, he did flinch in surprise
>he turned to face the soldier in question, but didn't let go of the woman, unintentionally using her as a shield

You wouldn't throw it!

You couldn't possibly be stupid or crazy enough to try it!

>he hoped he was right, but in truth he was panicking just a bit

>if he actually tried something that nuts, he'd have to act fast before they wound up dead

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543855

>>41543730
>Regardless of what he intended to do with the sample, they were at a sort of stalemate. Bolone wouldn't bend and let them do as they pleased. But the woman and her crew had a job to do and the Empire wasn't one to tolerate failure. Especially for something like this.

>The woman sighs, discretion was the better part of valour. It's not as if the weapon was going anywhere anyway.


...Damn it, fine we'll--

Remote activation code received, searching for viable test subject... test subject detected. Administering dosage.

>A robotic voice comes from the cylinder itself. Before the man could react to what it was saying, the metal caps of each end of the cylinder extend tiny metallic limbs that push itself out of his hand and latch onto his arm.


>The man shouts on panic as the device jabs the needle into his flesh, a moment later the shout twisted into a shrill scream of agony as the fluid was pumped into his body. He rolled about on the floor hitting the device with his free arm, doing anything it could to get it off of him, but all of it was futile.


>The woman struggled to get out of Bolone's grasp once again. She didn't know what could be happening but she didn't want to be around when it happened.


Let go of me you fool!!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543856

File: 1526952704850.jpg (42.16 KB, 704x396, __negi_springfield_mahou_sense…)

>>41543855
>when the device suddenly activated of its own will, Bolone didn't need to be told to let the woman go
>he did just that, though he wasn't all that gentle about it, pretty much tossing her aside so she wasn't in harm's way
>though he did shout at her as he approached the man currently in agonizing pain

Go already! If any of you still value your lives then go!

>he had no clue what was happening but he knew enough about this stuff that it couldn't be good

>so the ten-armed construct around him shifted and changed, and from him came one large hand instead of many
>the hand reached out and enclosed around the device, soon covering it entirely in pink energy
>and once that was done, Bolone tried to pull it off the man's arm just as he was, not certain it would work but still needing to try

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543917

File: 1527219036690.jpg (69.51 KB, 800x450, Jihl_XIII-2_Face.jpg)

>>41543856
>The moment she was let go and tossed aside, the women didn't waste a moment dashing for the entrance to the Biodome. Her men were slow to follow her, looking on in shock of what just had happened to their comrade.

>That would prove to be a big mistake on their part. By the time they realised they needed to leave, the woman was already in the process of shutting the door on all of them.


CAPTAIN... WAIT!!

>Her response to their pleas to was cold as ice as the doors slid shut before.


Sorry, can't risk letting that thing out. You all understand, don't you?

>Her tone was almost coy, callously disregarding what would probably happen to them inside that dome.

>The door slams on her men, many of them banging on the colossal structure in a futile effort to get it open, the few others turned back to the still screaming man they'd try to flee from.

>Despite the agonised flailing Bolone is able to get a grip on the device. It stuck fast however, using it's tiny metal limbs to cling desperately to his arm. By the time Bolone had pulled the thing off, the fluid had been drained and the man had stopped moving... on his own at least.


>The corpse twitched for a second before the chest starts to expand outwards, as if something was trying to escape the confines of the rib cage and suit he had worn. Eventually the suit could no longer take the strain and tears open to reveal a sideways maw in had once been the man's torso and rib cage.


>The ribs had morphed into long, sharp, slender fangs that looked like they'd been in a fire only moments ago. From the wicked mouth, a long black tendril shot out and whipped about in the air wildly. Though covered in foul smelling black sludge, Bolone could make out that the disgusting limb had once been the intestinal track, stomach, and the esophagus. A sharp bony crooked spike that was finally the sternum tipped the tendril.


>While the body still twisted, bloated, and wriggled grossly, the newly formed 'tongue' darted at Bolone intending to impale him with the spike.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543922

File: 1527255545365.png (84.52 KB, 250x232, download (4).png)

>>41543917
>Bolone reeled back with a shout once the device came free, only to see that its contents had already been drained, and he looked back to the soldier in horror
>he threw the device aside as the man mutated and contorted into what could only be described as a monster, watching as the man essentially died and his corpse became something else entirely
>once the remains had become their own being, Bolone had only so much time to react
>raising up a more explicit shield, the sharpened tongue struck it, and Bolone then morphed the energy shield into more of a whip to wrap around the appendage and keep the tongue from moving further
>as he extended the construct to try and wrap around the creature as a whole, it was only now that he looked to see if the soldiers had escaped, and saw that the doors were shut and they were trapped
>clearly past the point of panicking, Bolone just shouted at them

Use some explosives or something!

Blow the doors!

???!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543949

>>41543922
>The cowering men didn't need to be told twice. Whatever they had on them was being used against the door. Bullets, explosives, even the laser canon was fired at the door. But it didn't leave so much as a scratch, and with Carnwennan still taking care of the samples in the other room...

>All of them were locked in here with this thing. And it wasn't just a dumb animal either, it was aware Bolone has bound it in light construct and instead of wildly trying to break itself free, the still intact limbs of the corpse bloated three times their size and each of them popped off the torso as if they hadn't been attached a by bones or muscle.


>The limbs slither like bloated snakes and scatter in different directions. Three of them flee into the foliage of the biodome and a arm glides across the floor towards the desperate men, getting larger and larger with every passing moment. It looked as if it was ready to explode...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41543951

File: 1527373284972.jpg (46.36 KB, 313x286, tumblr_inline_nhd91tXQUS1raysw…)

>>41543949
>Bolone tried his best to hold onto the squirming creature, waiting for the others to hurry and get out
>though, somehow, nothing they were doing was working
>how did they even get in here in the first place?

>he then stared in shock as the creature's limp limbs just dropped off of it and moved away, especially as one wriggled towards the gathered soldiers


SHIT!

>the construct holding the creature broke, and Bolone flew for the expanding limb

>and just before it blew, he created a large dome construct and slammed it over the limb, holding it down before it could explode on them

!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41544063

>>41543951
>The moment the dome slams over the bulging arm, it goes off with a muffled sound akin to balloon popping after being filled with ground meat and syrup. Black sludge and small bits of flesh line the dome, but thanks to his quick actions that's all that happened.

>Unfortunately the torso the Lantern had originally bound was free, and it took that opportunity to flee in that moment. The spin bursts out of the torso, now a long black tendril that the mutilated lump of flesh uses to slither after the three other limbs it had dislodged from itself.


>Bolone could hear three more loud pops coming from the tall glowing grass and cluster of dark blue trees behind him. This was followed by those trees going up in flames with the sounds of animals screaming to accompany the din of the fire. What ever had happened to the initial infected man was probably happening to everything caught in those blasts.


>The men had turned around to see the fire and listen to the horrid sounds. They watched as the trees twisted into gnarled shapes and uproot themselves, all seemingly gathering into one mass in them middle of the inferno.


Oh god... we're... we're all going to be eaten by that thing...!

>Though in this bleak situation there was one ray of hope. The dome rumbles and air ripples and distorts in the same manner as throwing a stone in the pound. As the ripple pasted Bolone he felt an odd sensation of being a part of that ripple himself but otherwise was okay.


Bolone? I've purged the Influence in here. Are you okay? What's the situation out there?

>Carnwennan's voice was coming from above and all around him, even with no intercoms visible, she was able communicate with him from where she was.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41544066

File: 1527656573442.jpg (64.45 KB, 378x303, tumblr_inline_nhd91hkyQP1raysw…)

>>41544063
>though Bolone managed to save the soldiers in front of him, it was clear that the situation was worsening all around them
>he looked back to see the creature he had abandoned spitting out more body parts, the infection only spreading around the immediate area and infecting the other creatures there
>even the entirely unique trees were changing and moving, becoming horrific monsters that were only mutating further and spreading yet more plague

>but even as the men he was protecting were panicking and preparing for their doom, somehow, Bolone wasn't doing the same

>all he could do was try and think of some other way to contain this, at least long enough for them to make an escape
>they would escape, and there would be no more death
>not if he had anything to say about it

>though when he heard the familiar voice, he looked around confusedly, not making the connection to the voice and the dome of blackness he was currently holding


Carnwennan?!

It's gone really bad out here! Some of this stuff infected a soldier, and now it's spreading all over the place!

We can't get out and we're running out of time! Help!

Carnwennan'!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41544274

File: 1527998724526.jpg (65.47 KB, 429x810, tumblr_obnju2heYI1twrse4o1_540…)

>>41544066
>The moment the word "Help" leaves Bolone's lips Carnwennan's already there, bursting from the ground in a splash of inky blackness. With her appearance, the woman quickly brakes down the situation in her mind.

>Her biodome was being turned into a... Class 5, she had a handful of people to get out of here before they become part of its biomass, and the door that leads out of the dome was in a lock-down state with a higher administrative level then she had? How in the world...


>She glares at the soldiers and picks one out of the crowd to explain themselves while they still have time.


You! Explain how your group got in here!

T-the captain had some sort of recording device with her! A guy from the Empire who gave us this job said we'd need it to open the door.

>A recording device... Interesting. That will be something to ponder later, right now she needed to figure out what they can do to get everyone out of her. That's when her eyes fall on the crystal fuel rod and the laser cannon attached to it.


Can you jury-rig that cannon and fuel rod into a sonic emitter?

With a bit of work we can but how's that go--

The material making up this whole dome is harmonically sensitive. By finding the correct resonant frequency, the door's atomic structure will destabilize and it'll become a soft enough for you to breach. The particular frequency you're looking for one of lowest notes, start from the bottom and work your way up.

>She then quickly turns to Bolone with a grim look on her face as the soldiers quickly got to work dismantling their weapon.


We're going to need to buy them time, I can't ensure their safety by myself or I'd have you assist them.

>The women then looks beyond them towards the growing fire and colossal lump of blackness swelling up within the flame.


I want you to think about defending your self first before anything else. Your ring can clearly protect you from it's touch, but you're by no means immune. I will take point.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41544276

File: 1528001035415.png (79.8 KB, 198x232, download (5).png)

>>41544274
>Bolone was relieved when Carnwennan appeared in short order, though only so much, given they were still in deep trouble
>he kept his eyes on the growing and spreading black mass before them, and as Carnwennan formulated a plan, he elected to act to keep guard
>so he hefted up the dome of blackness he was holding onto, turning it into an orb that he kept contained with the power of his ring
>he then reared back and hurled it at the blackness before them, figuring it was better to let it merge with the rest than risk it infecting someone nearby
>with that done, he brought up a larger shield to protect them, just as Carnwennan turned her attention to him

>he looked back at the soldiers behind them, appearing worried all over again

>they were far from good people, but he wasn't going to let them die, not if he could help it
>and Carnwennan seemed to be more resistant to...whatever this stuff was, so she should be fine
>hopefully
>so he turned back to her and gave an anxious nod

Alright.

Just tell me what to do.

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41544623

File: 1528596830642.png (417.8 KB, 1280x720, tumblr_o9wf1bQW281skdbiao5_128…)

>>41544276
>With Bolone throwing the last bit of sludge at the growing mass, it began to take shape.

Because of its large size now, it'll need a core to stabilize its body... It's going to be hidden somewhere inside its form.

>A long body is formed from the trees, roots, and branches tied together to make a blackened segmented body akin to train cars making it at least 40 meters long. Countless slender legs made from the absorbed animal life sprout from each segment, writhing about in grotesque ways. One end of the creature ends in a long feathery tail that appeared similar to a peacock's, though instead of green the plumage with blue eyes, it had the colors of swirling flames. The other is simply a gaping hole filled with sharpened bones, an abyss of blackness and teeth.


I'll search for it, and you can yank it out. You'll know what it is when you see it. While we're doing that we need to make sure to keep it in one spot, otherwise it'll continue to grow. Keep it focused on trying to kill us instead of that.

>After issuing that tall order, Carnwennan darts forward with her dagger in hand becoming a dark blur against a black background. She plunges her short blade into the giant body and drags it along as she continues to move. The centipede-like creature lets out an ear-splitting screech as foul smelling burning fluid pours out of the long wound, it responds be trying to slam a part of its long body down on her, but she leaps into the air and lands on its body before continuing her sprint along its form.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41544626

File: 1528598634211.jpg (42.16 KB, 704x396, __negi_springfield_mahou_sense…)

>>41544623
>Bolone cringed when the gigantic creature took its full shape, shaking when it opened its maw and revealed the tunnel of teeth within
>Bolone abhorred violence and death, but he wasn't going to feel too sorry when this thing died, that was for certain
>Carnwennan's explanation of how to handle this was simple enough, and his role was even simpler
>he just had to keep the creature distracted by annoying the hell out of it?
>he could do that in his sleep

>so once Carnwennan dashed at the creature, Bolone flew at the creature's "head", forming a larger pink bubble around himself to appear more noticeable to it


Hey! Hey ugly, over here!

>he flew around in front of the creature a couple of times, hoping to get its attention


Just follow me! Follow the big pink firefly!

>and to further emphasize his annoyingness, a short burst of pink energy shot out of the bubble, attempting to zap the creature right in the giant maw that was its face

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545052

>>41544626
>If Bolone wanted the attention of the creature, he had certainly gotten it. The maw turns around to face him after the shot struck it and a massive gout of fire erupts out of the giant mouth with all the intensity of an out of control blast furnace.
>The beast advanced forward quickly to follow up it's fiery barrage, it's mouth snapping at Bolone with a deafening slam.

>While the Lantern was taking most of the 'heat', Carnwennan was attacked by the plumage of the creature's tail that lashed out at her like smouldering tentacles. The weapon dodged and cut her way through the flaming feathery forest as she made her way to the tail's base.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545059

File: 1529362567207.png (84.52 KB, 250x232, download (4).png)

>>41545052

YAGH!

>Bolone had to hightail it once the fire started heading his way, as even with the shield he felt the heat getting to him in a hurry

>he kept getting further away from the creature, hoping he was keeping enough of its attention to keep Carnwennan safe
>and when he got far enough away, he turned back and aimed his ring again

Cool off already!

>the pink energy from the ring produced a large...fire extinguisher

>which promptly sprayed a fine pink gas right into the creature's mouth
>it probably wouldn't have as much of an effect as the real thing, but it couldn't hurt as far as slowing it down

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545172

File: 1529465888197.png (838.67 KB, 705x1130, tumblr_oysjpij7jl1wbblrmo1_128…)

>>41545059
>The pink gas wards off most of the fire though some managed to pass through and still lick at Bolone's shield. But realising it's fire wasn't as effective as it could have been, the flames die and a large black tongue flies from the toothy abyss to try and capture him. Then another, followed by another.

>Dozens of black tendrils lashed out at the bubble Bolone was inside, trying to ensnare it and pull him into it's awaiting mouth.


>Carnwennan makes it to the base of the tail and plunges her dagger into the body once again. Even as more burning fluid comes pouring out at a high pressure. Even as the substance sears her skin and sticks to her body like tar, she continues to cut a hole into the form of the creature. Then, hacking her way deeper as she went, she climbs into the wound she just created.


>Meanwhile a dull tone rings out in the dome. The team of soldiers was hard at work bombarding the wall with a sonic frequency. The formally solid wall melts into a viscous goop, falling away to create a gab where the men could crawl out one by one. At least they'd get to safety... hopefully.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545179

File: 1529468899585.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41545172
>the fire extinguisher disappeared once the tendrils lashed out and latched onto Bolone's shield
>he could feel the creature's strength fighting against the ring's, and it was clear the creature would win out if he didn't act fast
>he turned and put all of his energy into pulling against the creature's tongues, gritting his teeth and putting all his weight and mental force at one point of the bubble, straining against the opposing force
>a trio of what looked like jet ports appeared at the back of the bubble, soon blasting out pink jet propulsion flames, further pulling against the creature
>Bolone obviously hadn't considered just slipping out of the bubble, likely due to his growing panic over this

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545223

>>41545179
>The tug of war lasts for many long moments, the jets only slowed down the pull and make it last only that much longer. Each passing second the limbs pull him closer and closer to the awaiting tunnel of dagger-like teeth. He was nearly close enough to for the mouth to close around him... but it suddenly stopped.

>The creature froze in place as if time has stopped before it twitched and trembled as a mass of blackness was started to bubble out of it's throat.


>In the very center of that mass, Carnwennan's hand poked out and tried to grasp for something to hold onto. Something to pull her out.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545228

File: 1529555127147.jpg (46.36 KB, 313x286, tumblr_inline_nhd91tXQUS1raysw…)

>>41545223
>Bolone kept pulling against the tendrils, but even with the jet engines it felt like a losing battle
>he tried to come up with some idea of how to further even the odds, but the stress of the situation was actually causing his construct to falter just a bit
>the bubble around him began to flicker and sputter, like the screen on a computer or television starting to die out
>it still held its form, but if this went on for much longer, it'd disappear, and then he'd be totally helpless

<"Come on...think! Think of something! You can't die here!"


>just as his panicking grew and he was starting to wonder if this really was the end, the pulling stopped, and he almost hurtled himself forward by accident


-?!

>he looked back at the creature, realizing that the tendrils went slack

>and then saw what could only be Carnwennan's hand sticking out, waving around as if asking for help
>he spun around and focused his ring again, managing to solidify the bubble once more, as two energy hands shot out from it and grabbed onto Carnwennan's outstretched arm
>he then pulled back, trying to get her out, while also trying to fly to safety once again

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545265

File: 1529645649361.jpg (81.59 KB, 850x1200, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41545228
>There was a small bit of resistance before Carnwennan was pulled. Her emergence was followed by what can only be assumed as the creature's innards blasting out of it's mouth like a water from a fire hose.

>The monster, once a beast of raging fire and horrid rotten nightmares, collapses in on itself and is reduced to a pile of ashes and black stains on the ground. Whatever the girl had done had killed the creature it seemed.


>But it was clear it wasn't an easy feat. Carnwennan had horrible burns and wounds all over her body. Her left arm was a stump at the elbow, left leg missing from the thigh down, her right eye was a lump of blood in her socket. Even with such grievous injuries she was very much still alive, her body was slowly healing the deep gashes and burns...


Threat... Eliminated...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545283

File: 1529682110750.jpg (64.45 KB, 378x303, tumblr_inline_nhd91hkyQP1raysw…)

>>41545265
>Bolone had pulled away without actually stopping to look at how Carnwennan was, just trying to get away from the monster in time
>so once the noise behind them had stopped, he spared a look back then floated back down to ground level
>the energy bubble around him dispersed, but it was only then that he really saw the damage that Carnwennan had endured while fighting that creature

-! Oh Jesus!

>he wasted basically no time scooping Carnwennan up in his arms, not at all noticing that she was already starting to heal up

>and quickly rocketed out of the room, flying over the heads of the escaping soldiers, trying to get out of the cave as soon as possible to try and find someone who could help

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545307

File: 1529727350760.png (548.27 KB, 698x939, 60414026_p0.png)

>>41545283
>Of course, on a deserted dust ball of a planet that Gaupra was, it finding someone would be near impossible. Worse still Carnwennan was a relic of lost technology. Finding someone who knew how to repair a holy weapon would be beyond difficult.

>While she was being carried through the air, Carnwennan starts to speak in a robotic monotone as she became more limp in his grasp.


Diagnostic assessment:
Damages: Superficial wounds, two limbs missing, eye damaged, major internal damage.
Automated repair functions in process...


>If Bolone took the chance to look down now, he'd see her skin was as pristine as the moment he meet her and her eye had recovered from the sad state it once was. However...


...Superficial wounds: healed.
Eye damage: healed.
Limb damage: Still present.
Internal damage: Still present.
Alert: Over-taxation of power core due to prolonged activation period prevents full recovery.
Processing...
Odds of destruction of unit: 95%
Requesting alternative power sources to continue recovery protocols.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545308

File: 1529728030402.jpg (44.48 KB, 269x270, tumblr_inline_nhd947yLSw1raysw…)

>>41545307
>by the time Carnwennan's minor wounds had healed up, Bolone was back out into the disgusting desert heat, though the temperature was far from on his mind
>he heard her speaking in a robotic voice, so he spared a look at her at this, only to see that some of the damage had just healed on its own
>sure, it wasn't the first time Bolone had seen something like that, but it still surprised him a little
>not that it mattered, as she still wasn't totally fine, and from the sounds of things she was getting worse

Alternative power source...?

Like what? What do you need to heal?!

>he was starting to panic again, and was just flying at top speed toward their ship

>whatever she needed, it was more likely to be there than back in the crypt
>or so he figured, anyway

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545310

>>41545308
>Instead of responding directly, she continues to go through her 'programming'.
Scanning...
Four alternative power sources viable; Solar Radiation, primitive space craft power source, unidentified power source in extremely close proximity, Life force.


>With two suns overhead, the ship they used to get her, implications of Bolone's life being viable, and... something else close by.


Searching data banks...
Unidentified power source matched to existing data: Maltusians engineered power ring.
Warning: Energy extraction untested.
Probability of compatibility: Unknown.
Calculating...
Three methods minus power ring: 50% power required for healing.
Power Ring: 100% power required for healing.
Warning: Power Ring method will require interfacing with ring's host.
Risk to host: High.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545313

File: 1529731336740.png (84.52 KB, 250x232, download (4).png)

>>41545310
>once they arrived on the ship, Bolone made a beeline for the area at the back where she could rest, placing her down shortly thereafter
>when he heard her scan the energy sources nearby, and mention his ring as not only an option, but probably the best one
>of course there was a high risk of something going wrong, but that wasn't really on his mind
>right now he was just thankful he remembered to bring his lantern along!

>he dashed away from her and grabbed his lantern off of his seat, having placed it there before they left

>he then moved back to where Carnwennan was, thinking he should top up his ring before doing this
>at best, it'd probably drain it dry
>so he held his lantern up, then placed his ring against it as it glowed a pink light, and he let out a calming exhale as he recited his oath

For those souls lost and full of fright...

For those alone on Blackest Night...

Take our hands and join our fight...

Love conquers all! With violet light!

>with that done, Bolone removed his hand from the lantern, then placed the glowing ring over Carnwennan's body, waiting for it to take the energy from it and get her back to normal again

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545316

File: 1529735152390.jpg (211.57 KB, 850x656, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_prot…)

>>41545313
>While he expected it to one way, Carnwennan's body had different ideas. Her remaining hand sprang up and gripped tightly onto Bolone's arm. Her empty eyes look directly into his as inky blankness bleeds from the skin in her hand and flows onto his arm

Beginning interface with ring host...

>And then Bolone entered Hell.

===============================
>A room made of deep blue walls and white floors, screen filled with unknown symbols and images of fantastic animals.
>Joy, curiosity, fulfilment, peace, life.

>Sirens wail, blue turns to red, white to black. Falling through the floor, sinking into darkness as embers dance across the abyss.

>Drowning, burning, despair, suffering, death.

<I felt myself floating in water, softly colliding with the bloated corpses that filled this rotten sea. I could not move as the black waters grasped me tightly, I belonged to the sea now. It never lets go of the dead. Above me the sky burns, from end to end, the horizon and far beyond. The heavens themselves incinerated as the winged people fall from the sky and join me in the sea.


<Unfathomably colourless creatures of colossal size arise from the depths and ascend into the dancing oranges and reds of the sky. To them I was a grain of sand before a mountain. I struggle to breath, the pungent smell of the rotten sea choking the breath out of me, black water entering my mouth and filling my lungs.


<I scream but am silent, I burn but am drowning. Deeper down where not even the brilliant fire's light can reach me, where there is only black and a child's laughter... Then I raise, I fly, I destroy, I hate.


>Red becomes blue, black to white once again. A room made of deep blue walls and white floors, screen filled with unknown symbols and images of horrid abominations.

>Melancholy, nostalgia, resolve, duty, life.

>Blue turns to red, white to black. Facing an endless black rancid sea full of the dead, an infinite burning sky, a gleeful sneer, a childish laugh.

===============================
>Bolone returns to the world. The burning still lingered on his untouched skin, the rotten water leaving only an odor in his nose, and the laugh echoing in his ears...

Disengagement of Interface:
Limb damage: Healed.
Internal damage: Healed.
Unit has made a full recovery...


>Carnwennan, now 100% there, shoots up from her resting spot and grabs into the lantern's shoulders.


Bolone!? Are you okay?!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545319

File: 1529769029153.jpg (20.57 KB, 320x241, download (21).jpg)

>>41545316
>Bolone felt like he was drowning
>he wasn't able to speak, not even able to utter a sound, as his senses were overloaded by the visions that came to him
>he just felt himself falling further and further into blackness, yet still able to feel the intense heat of the sun above him, and see the horrific creatures that populated the depths rising over his head
>the smell infected his nostrils, but he couldn't even feel disgust
>he couldn't feel the fear of seeing those creatures, nor the fear of drowning in the black ink
>nor the curiosity or confusion of hearing that voice
>he just felt nothing

-!

>he snapped out of the vision at Carnwennan's voice, letting out a sudden gasp for air as he tried to reconcile what he just experienced with reality


W-W-W-Wha-

>he let out a few more gasps as he slumped over, trying to get some air in his lungs, only barely able to stand after the shock

>he managed to lift his head after that, only able to stutter out

W-W-What the hell was that?!

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545323

File: 1529773765209.jpg (70.24 KB, 540x766, tumblr_oxf1625bvu1vmd8g0o1_540…)

>>41545319
>Once Bolone responded, the weapon breaths a sigh of relieve.

Ah good, you can still form coherent sentences, you should be fine then... What happened was a result of my interfacing with you. We were connected to each other in mind, body, and soul. What you experienced was what memories I have left as a Virtum... My last moments an Angel and becoming something else entirely.

>Thankfully, aside from the truly horrible experience, Bolone didn't look worse for wear.


Interfacing isn't meant for humans, it's so Angels can wield my kind in battle to use our full potential. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to put you at great risk. When I'm in such a state like my actions are restricted to prioritise my preservation...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545325

File: 1529775110355.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41545323
>Bolone was now leaning against the bed that Carnwennan was resting on, not really knowing what she was talking about
>he was still recovering from what he had to endure, naturally, so most of this exposition went right over his head
>though he did wave her off when she apologized

Hey, i-it's...f-fine...

E-Even if I kn-knew what I was getting into...I probably would've d-done it anyway...

>he reached up and rubbed at his eyes, before lifting his head and looking at her again


More importantly...how're you feeling?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545340

File: 1529805737565.png (173.46 KB, 499x875, 65745231_p0.png)

>>41545325
>While she'd have loved to say she was perfectly fine now, she knew that there was one thing left to take care of...
<Alert: Over-taxation of power core due to prolonged activation period.
<Immediate recharging required.


Physically I'm perfectly fine... but I've been too active for far too long a period of time. My body is wearing itself out... I need to enter a stasis pod and let me core return to normal.

>She smiles to herself a little though.


Now that the samples of Influence are gone... I can finally feel comfortable going to rest.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545341

File: 1529807550388.jpg (23.67 KB, 210x240, download (6).jpg)

>>41545340
>Bolone was still a bit shaken from what he saw, but nonetheless offered a weary smile when Carnwennan seemed to be none the worse for the wear

That's a relief...

>though this did raise an important question that Bolone felt the need to voice


Wait, where would one of those be?

Do we need to go back down there...?

>not a thought that really appealed to him, in all honesty

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545392

File: 1529881015127.jpg (109.71 KB, 356x600, 59868072_p0_master1200.jpg)

>>41545341
We do yes. Though do not feat, I will not need to sleep long. A year or so at most will be sufficient.

>Well to her it wasn't long, but that'd be a long time for him.


Once that is done... well, I suppose I can go where I please?

>That did excite her honestly. To finally leave this planet and see what the rest of the galaxy had to offer... how much it's changed.

>The weapon gets up from her spot and offers a hand to Bolone with a brighter, hopeful smile on her face.

Come on, we don't have to rush there, but I still must go all the same.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545400

File: 1529892948548.jpg (85.3 KB, 819x461, tumblr_ny1alqdC5x1u2rvj8o6_128…)

>>41545392
>Bolone seemed a little less happy about that idea of leaving Carnwennan alone for a year
>not to mention, given how much juice he used up to bring her back, it was more likely he'd have to walk back into that little slice of Hell to let her rest
>this was not how he hoped this escapade would end

>still, he gave her a tired smile, taking her hand and starting to lead her back out of the ship


Well, once that time comes, I'll be happy to take you wherever you please!

<"I should really invest in some kind of digital calendar for stuff like this..."

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545403

File: 1529896282849.png (638.5 KB, 540x758, tumblr_odmyvzUKJZ1qbmptuo1_540…)

>>41545400
>Once again they were out in the rays of the hot twin suns. The same ball of black sand she'd seen for far too long. But she was free of her duty now, it was finally time for a change in scenery.

Biodome-B92... begin operation: Green-thumb.

>At first, nothing seemed to happen... but then the intense and bright light above them started to darken. In the sky were billions of deep blue spherical machines that blocked much of the suns rays.


>As a majority of the drones started to decide to the sandy earth below, millions stayed in the air and moved into a grid like formation. They pumped out a purple mist that hung high in the atmosphere blocking the heat and light from the twin suns until it was refreshingly cool and dim... like the night illuminated by two full moons hanging in the sky.


>The majority of the drones however got to work on the ground. Shining green light onto the black sand and making planet life spout out and bloom almost instantly. Fields of shining white grass, glowing blue flowers, blue trees with bright purple leaves.


>Others spawned fauna into the world. Deer like creatures with green glowing spots on their hides, translucent butterflies that shine with a pale blue colour. The world was being terrafomed before Bolone's eyes. The planet was being wrapped in a mist that blocked the harsh light out, creating a world where all these plants an animals create their own small light. All working with the 'moons' to create a brilliant glow that would, together, banishes the darkest nights.


>Carnwennan smiles as Gaupra was reshaped around her in a matter of moments, a tear going down her eye as she looked at the beauty around her that she didn't dare to think she'd see again.


Reborn again, just as it all was so long ago...
This post was edited by its author on .

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545416

File: 1529930591308.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41545403
>Bolone let out a slight groan as they first walked out into the blazing heat, not looking forward to enduring this all the way back to the crypt
>but he needed to preserve some ring energy to leave this planet, so for now he'd just have to deal with it

...?

>at least until the drones came to life, the sky starting to darken, leading Bolone to wonder briefly if they had left something unfinished down below

>but as he looked up and saw the odd mist coming down, then looked to Carnwennan and saw her not looking worried in the least, he figured something else had to be going on here
>so he quietly watched as the atmosphere around them changed, as things became more manageable to live in, and as life actually started to grow right before his eyes
>he couldn't fathom how this was even happening, as plantlife just appeared right in front of him
>creatures just growing out of nothing on top of that, much to his amazement and awe

>in the end, all he could do was look to Carnwennan, at a loss for words for a moment


.....

>until he could just manage to ask:


How did you do that...?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545465

File: 1529967494640.png (283.46 KB, 512x724, tumblr_oavnl9mTiX1vxil6uo4_540…)

>>41545416
Oh I didn't do this, I just established a connection with the Biodome and executed one of it's functions. I did say before that the dome I lived in kept samples of all life on this planet.

>She spreads her arms wide as a light rain starts to fall.


This was what it was meant for, to rebuild the planet and make it what it use to be.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545471

File: 1529978264635.jpg (10.92 KB, 225x272, download (10).jpg)

>>41545465
>Bolone looked up as the rain started to fall down, wondering briefly if it was acidic, before dismissing the thought
>he found himself looking at the landscape around them again, amazed all over again that it had grown into place so quickly

Amazing...

I can't imagine what this place will be like a year from now...

>he slowly turned his attention to Carnwennan again, and couldn't help but smile at her joyous expression

>and, in turn, say the first thing that came to his mind

...God, you just look amazing standing in all of this.

>sometimes his smoothness wasn't up to snuff, really

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545515

File: 1530069483331.png (321.52 KB, 540x750, tumblr_oj89t8JEYA1ripxywo1_540…)

>>41545471
>Being told she looked amazing, Carnwennan snaps out of her basking to look at Bolone with a noticeable blush on her face.

Ah I... Well.. Uh...

>the latest in oral processing tech and she was being tongue twisted now?!


You look... very handsome... out here... in the rain. Uuuuuh.... We should get going!

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545521

File: 1530121161067.png (148.11 KB, 240x366, Negi 1.png)

>>41545515
>Bolone had to hold back a chuckle at Carwennan's reaction, assuming she wasn't used to being complimented like that
>so even his weak attempt at one seemed effective enough

>still, he shouldn't just overwhelm her as soon as possible, as tempted as he was to do it

>he might have to wait a year for something to happen between them, but fair enough
>though how long were years on this planet anyway?

Well, if you insist...

>he took her by the hand and started leading her towards the crypt again, as much as he really didn't want to

>even if things were improving up here, that didn't mean things were any better down there...

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545761

File: 1530501828011.jpg (147.72 KB, 850x1404, __hassan_of_serenity_fate_gran…)

>>41545521
>And so back into the biodome they went. Back underground with what remains of the small patch of forest and grasslands, it's purpose as a model for the planet as a whole now evident in it's lay out.

>Off to the side was what Carnwennan was looking for, a casket shaped deep blue pod. As she walks over, the lid on this pseudo-sarcophagus slides open on it's own.


Here we are...

>She climbs inside and sits down on the white cushion lining of the pod.


I can set everything from here. Once you leave... this facility is going to locked down again until I wake up.

>At least to her, it will seem like an instant... but for Bolone, a cycle is a long time.


But before you go... can I ask you to come here for a moment?

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545776

File: 1530539603736.jpg (48.78 KB, 720x480, download (2).jpg)

>>41545761
>Bolone found himself looking at the remains of the biodome around them and feeling very guilty over what happened
>try as he might to minimize the damage done, the devastation wasn't something he could prevent, and there was no telling how much was lost in the process
>the only real consolation was at least those Empire soldiers got out alive, for the most part

>having to say goodbye to Carnwennan like this wasn't ideal either, but at least he knew she would be alright

>even though it'd be a year before they met again

-?

>though when she asked him to come closer to the pod, he wasn't sure what this was about

>so he approached it, even leaning in to get a proper look at her

What is it?

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545858

File: 1530670202990.png (602.67 KB, 720x1000, __fujimaru_ritsuka_and_hassan_…)

>>41545776
>Once Bolone leaned over the pod, gently takes a hold of his head and closes the distance between them. She presses her lips against his in a lingering but light kiss, keeping them both in this position as the seconds tick by...

>Eventually though, the kiss is broken and she pulls back to smile up at him.


Something to remember me by... aside from the just fiery sludge monster you pulled me out of.

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545859

File: 1530672101378.png (189.2 KB, 620x629, download (19).jpg)

>>41545858
>Bolone was a bit surprised but by no means unappreciative of the kiss, leaning into it as Carnwennan held it
>once she broke the kiss and made her remark, Bolone smiled slightly, then leaned in and kissed her again
>though it was shorter than the first one, and he pulled back again to grin at her

That's more something to remember me by.

>then, because he just couldn't help himself, he leaned in and kissed her again, holding it for a little longer this time

>before pulling back and chuckling lightly

OK, I should stop now and let you sleep.

...but I'll be looking forward to hearing about any dreams you might've had~

Carnwennan!aLEJudith.Country code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545921

File: 1530851552564.jpg (122.1 KB, 480x537, tumblr_olt1qda5Ac1tgkg4yo4_500…)

>>41545859
>The second and third kisses succeed and making her red in the face. She giggles a bit at how they're both acting. As for dreams... well she'll tell him the good ones at least.

So do I Bolone... stay safe okay?

>It wasn't a goodbye, they promised to see each other again after all. So Carnwennan laid down in her pod and closed her eyes as the translucent lid closed above her. Bolone could see a her slowly breathing as she feel into a deep sleep. As a light blue bubble of energy appeared around her, her breathing slowed all the way down until it looked like she was completely still. She was now in stasis, finally sleeping after an eternity of standing vigil over this planet...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41545924

File: 1530887412096.jpg (38.47 KB, 225x350, download (17).jpg)

>>41545921
>Bolone stepped back as the lid to the pod closed, watching as Carnwennan fell into her restful sleep
>and once the bubble of energy appeared around her, and she went still, Bolone let out a heavy sigh
>it was a tiring ordeal to get this far, risking death and infection from some impossible-to-understand thing, and in the end people still lost their lives
>not to mention the Empire got away with what they were trying to do
>and sure, it was nice to meet Carnwennan and all, but having to wait a year before seeing her again just felt like a slap in the face
>but it was what it was, and stewing about it wasn't going to help

>so after a moment, Bolone turned and began the long trek back to the ship, where he'd recharge before making his way out into the stars again

>now he had two items on his to-do list
>get a calendar so he knew to come back in a year
>and find someone to help him gather some love
>because he knew his boss was not gonna be happy with all the extra energy that he used on this

Doci!E2Vbn7o74sCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41547858

File: 1535834723491.png (38.27 KB, 123x478, I didnt mean to blow it up.png)

>the year was unimportant
>at least, to her it was
>her species was remarkably long-lasting, so time wasn't something she made a habit to keep track of all the time
>her trip there might have taken her days, months, or even years
>after spending days/months/years trying to locate this place to begin with
>whatever; she was there now, and that's what was important to her

>for days/months/years she had been studying strange energy emanations coming from this planet

>the energy readings themselves weren't strange; most planets she'd encountered had some form of energy signature, no matter how large or small

>the strange thing about this planet was the energy itself

>she had come across many different types of energy throughout her studies and travels: the divinely magical energy of the kitsune; spark energy of the Cybertronians; ki energy; bio-energy; morphin' energy; the list was very vast, and she enjoyed studying and cataloguing as many as she could find

>but there was something very different about this one, and not the least of all because it was coming from an otherwise completely dead planet

>it hadn't always been dead, she could tell that much; in fact, whatever had turned this once lush and vibrant planet into a barren wasteland of dark grey sand and black ash had happened only relatively recently, only a few mere centuries ago
>and yet there was still this strange energy, faintly clinging on and refusing to vanish despite its wild swings in intensity
>even more curiously, if her theory was correct, this energy wasn't coming from the planet itself, but rather from something above ground

>could it be this planet was home to some strange naturally-occurring energy source?

>had she perhaps stumbled across some Jupiterian experiment, and was risking her own life by coming there?
>or, as she knelt down to brush aside some grey sand, unveiling the fresh blossoming of vibrant reddish grass
>perhaps this planet wasn't quite as dead as she originally thought?

>whatever the case, Doci carried on with her mission

>traversing the harsh terrain of the mountains, her focus was entirely on her trusty modified scouter to lead her to the source of the energy she had came for
>although a part of her worried if perhaps her scouter was becoming not-so trustworthy, as every now and then it indicated two energy sources on the planet...

Bolone Pageddi!pinkie78OsCountry code: ponychan.png, country type: customflag, valid: 41547859

File: 1535838111052.jpg (14.67 KB, 165x225, download (18).jpg)

>>41547858
>it wouldn't be long before the newcomer to this planet would find at least one of the energy sources that she'd been seeking
>though it probably wouldn't be what she expected, given how it was moving, and in her direction no less
>it seemed to be coming out from a dip in the mountain slope, leading into a hidden area not immediately visible to the naked eye
>and it wasn't long before that source turned and ended up on the same path as her, heading right for her
>but once that energy source came within actual visibility, she'd find that the owner of it was...

...?

>a rather ordinary young man

>who looked terribly lost, even regarding her with clear confusion

Oh, I didn't know someone else was around here...

>he was wearing a rather tight pink and black bodysuit, with a large star-like insignia on his chest, the center of which exposed his bare skin

>not that he seemed to really care about that, far more focused on her, even if he wasn't saying much of anything