Welcome to Ponychan's /rp/ board!
If you have any questions about this stick or board, feel free to post them here, if you have any questions about rules, please get into contact with a moderator.
If you have any questions for a specific roleplay, please ask in their /ooc/ thread. RULESThe sitewide rules apply to /rp/, and in addition:
● Posts and threads should be centered around roleplay, planning for roleplay or discussion of roleplay
● Posts should contribute to the thread's topic and abide by the general theme started
● Post and play within the boundaries set out in the OP or the canon being played in
● Play with the enjoyment of all members of the thread in mind - not just your own! Features
You may make use of the "spoiler" function for OOC (out-of-character) text to ask questions, raise concerns or issues, or chat outside the game. The spoiler function used with [ ?][ /?] tags (or ctrl+s), and text inside will appear like this
. You may also make use of the "hide" function for longer sections of OOC text. It is used with the [ h][ /h] tags (or ctrl+h), and will appear like this:
Text inside is hidden.
You may also edit your posts to correct mistakes or if change something based on a post you didn't see before you posted, for example. Simply check the checkbox for the post of yours you wish to edit, and in the lower right hand corner of the page you will see an "Edit" button. Click it, and you will be able to edit your post.
Dice can be rolled by using a dice roll tag, like this: [ 2d6]. The first number is the number of dice, and the second number is the number of sides per die. [ 2d6] will result in something like Roll 2d6 = 7
Please bring up any issues or concerns you have with the thread OP prior to jumping in to a game.
If you need to get in touch with an OP but they are unavailable, feel free to contact a moderator for help. The Tag System
We advise you to make use of the tag system in your OP posts for setting out quickly identifiable RP types for viewers to see.
You can tag by entering [ #whatever tag you desire] in the top of the OP. This will also allow people to search on a page for types of RP they are interested in.
A list of the recommended tags:Administrative:#Open
- open to anyone to join at any time#Closed
- not accepting new players, a private RP#Ask/Invite
- ask a current player or be invited before playing#Canon: (canon name)
- an existing story arc that should be followed#Non-canon
- not following any particular canon or story-arc or the show's canon#Crossover
- a crossover between different canons or story arcsGenre:#Slice of Life
- in the style of the show - everyday life and events#Adventure
- action and story based#Chill
- relaxed and playful, lighthearted#Dark
- focused on serious, dark themes#Violence
- fighting and battle will be involved#Shipping
- focused on, or welcoming of shipping and relationships#No-shipping
- no shipping or focus on relationship allowed) Content:#Pony
- show-relevant characters, topics and stories only in these RPs#General
- any type of characters, topics and story, ponies or not#Non-pony
- non-pony characters, topics and stories only in these RPsStyle and Limits#Free-form
- casual roleplaying with no set mechanics.#Pen and Paper
- set mechanics. characterized by rulebooks, statsheets and 3d6s#Power Level
- a set limit on players ability, at their discretion#Serious
- serious RP only#Normal
- open for both silly and serious moments#Silly
- crazy, silly play allowed and encouragedNon-RP Threads#Planning
- a planning or discussion thread for a future RP story#Sign-up
- for presenting a canon or story for players to sign up for#Characters
- for discussion or creation of characters for an RP
You may also use/create whatever tag you wish, if the above doesn't quite cover what you need. You can also mix and match the tags based on the RP you are starting, with the above tags and any descriptive ones you want that would suit the RP. A descriptive set of tags will help players find RPs that will interest them.