[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]

/oat/ - General

For most everything pony and non-pony.
Name?

This field is optional. You can choose any name you want, or you can post anonymously by leaving this field empty.

Tripcodes are a way to identify yourself between posts without having to register with the site. To use a tripcode, enter your name as ‹name›#‹key›.You can choose anything you want as the key—it is private and will never be shown to other posters or stored on the server. For example:

Rarity#bestpony → Rarity!.4PK7yxdII

If you want a tripcode containing specific words, you can download a program designed to search for tripcodes, such as Tripcode Explorer.

Email?

Entering an e-mail is optional.

There are also code words you can enter here which perform certain actions when you submit your post.

  • sage — lets you post without bumping a thread.
  • nonoko — uses the original post behavior to redirect to the board index.

These can be used at the same time as an e-mail address by typing ‹email›#‹action›.

You can also use Skype names in place of an e-mail. The notation is the same as a link to a username on skype itself, which is skype:‹username›

Subject
Comment?
Giving emphasis
[b] Bold [/b] Ctrl + B
[i] Italic [/i] Ctrl + I
[u] Underlined [/u] Ctrl + U
[s] Strikethrough [/s] Ctrl + R
Hiding text
[?] Spoiler text [/?] Ctrl + S
[h] Hide block of text [/h] Ctrl + H
Special
[rcv] Royal Canterlot voice [/rcv] Ctrl + K
[shy] Fluttershy voice [/shy]
[cs] Comic Sans [/cs]
[tt] Monospaced [/tt]
[d20], [4d6] — Dice rolls
URLs and linking
Link to a post on the current board
>>1234
Link to another board
>>>/pony/
Link to a post on another board
>>>/pony/1234
Hypertext links
[url=https://www.ponychan.net/] Ponychan [/url]
File
Flag
Options
Password?

This field is for editing and deletions.


File: 1595127720136.jpg (54.44 KB, 500x512, press-any-button_c_2248355.jpg)

ChainPhoneCountry code: ponies-derpy.png, country type: ponyflag, valid:   42145487

A magic genie brings you to a room with three brightly colored doors. He asks you to pick a door, and tells you that you can keep whatever is found behind the door. After you pick a door, the genie then opens one of the other two doors, revealing a goat. The genie then asks you whether you want to reconsider your decision and pick a different door.

To aid you in your decision, the genie opens the two unopened doors. Behind one of these doors is $50,000 worth of gold and a magic plant that grows muffins. You can also tap the plant to get maple syrup. Behind the other door is $100,000 worth of gold.

Which door do you pick?

AnonymousCountry code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145489

File: 1595127996977.png (22.67 KB, 300x400, Post your discord tag and Ill …)

The 50K gold one. Gold can only go up!
And the magic plant is a literal fucking anomaly. I could get RICH by using it.
Like, you would be dumb NOT taking the plant. An anomaly IRL is far too valuable to EVER pass up.

Also what kind of scenario is this one.

Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145495

File: 1595129101469.jpg (16.28 KB, 250x250, weas_helltaker_justice_by_dodo…)

This started with The Monty Hall problem and then went completely off the rails for some reason.

The Monty Hall Problem

ChainPhoneCountry code: ponies-derpy.png, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1  42145496

>>42145495
It did! But which would you pick, the door with $100k of gold or the door with $50k of gold + magic plant?

Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145502

File: 1595133874164.jpg (215.31 KB, 681x850, 9f1.jpg)

>>42145496
$100k of gold because I'm horrible at taking care of things and if I took the plant I'd probably forget to water it and it'd die.

Also you didn't specify what kind of muffins.
This post was edited by its author on .

ChainPhoneCountry code: ponies-derpy.png, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1  42145504

>>42145502
Do you think it would be difficult to sell the magic plant for more than $50,000?

>Also you didn't specify what kind of muffins.

Let's say that it grows your favorite kinds of muffins. What are your favorite kinds of muffins?

Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145505

File: 1595134718004.jpg (95.67 KB, 640x640, tumblr_6c2dc45b4a4c70b263429a1…)

>>42145504
Blueberry or poppyseed.

As for the plant, I mean maybe.

ChainPhoneCountry code: ponies-derpy.png, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1  42145506

>>42145505
>poppyseed
Poppy seeds on a plain muffin? Or lemon-poppy muffins? I have never seen poppy seeds on muffins except for a flavor like lemon poppy. I like lemon-poppy muffins.

RetroCountry code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145507

>>42145487
ill take the plant money leads to greed and i can always sell the muffins and syrup if need be

Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145510

File: 1595139240579.jpg (298.74 KB, 1200x1200, Helltaker+justice+comp_5e8a6b_…)

>>42145506
>Poppy seeds on a plain muffin?

Well, baked INTO the muffin, but otherwise yeah. I don't like lemon.

Cyrus!7psBEARDiECountry code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145554

GIVE. ME. PLANT.

Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145567

File: 1595184865377.png (122.84 KB, 427x343, 139525386015.png)

I'd take the goat.

Mk17Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145643

File: 1595201072865.png (639.15 KB, 785x974, Screenshot_2018-08-06-19-12-34…)

Whats the point of the doors, if he is just going to reveal everything and let you choose anyway?
I call genie tricks, so ill take the goat.

Heavy MoleCountry code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145656

File: 1595222456888.jpg (73.75 KB, 652x600, lucy149.jpg)

>>42145643
If the genie had presented you with all three choices at the beginning, you might have made your decision based on a cost-benefit analysis. But the dilemma of having to choose an unknown from behind a door changed the psychology of your predicament, even if the facts were the same as in the first scenario. Thus, you chose a goat over a clean $100,000 in gold (which could buy many goats!).

ThaumaturtleCountry code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145659

So I don't get it. I choose one of the three doors, then genie opens a door, leaving two doors unopened.
Then he opens two unopened doors, leaving... no doors unopened?

Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145676

File: 1595242588618.png (1.09 MB, 1912x1080, add2.png)

>>42145659
That's why I said that it went completely off the rails.

Mk17Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145684

File: 1595247073154.png (61.57 KB, 705x600, trixie_up_her_sleeve_by_dm29-d…)

>>42145659
Its genie mind tricks man, dont trust it.
Nothing is for free, there is no gain without loss, get out while you can.
Leave the goat!
This post was edited by its author on .

ThaumaturtleCountry code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145685

>>42145684
I take the genie.

Mk17Country code: blank.gif, country type: ponyflag, valid: 1 42145686

File: 1595247828438.png (1.08 MB, 1043x1330, 1532585301569.png)

>>42145685
Whoa... whoa...
You cant just take the genie, can you?


Delete Post [ ]
Edit Post
Posts on this board may be edited for 2 hours after being made.
[ home ] [ site / arch ] [ pony / oat / ef ] [ rp / fan ]