canta and aki are streaming the beta like good boyes so that's still fine
From what my elven eyes can tell:
1) lingering hitboxes and shitty hitboxes on some if not most attacks.
2) RATHALOS WAS MADE WORSE.
3) the invading diablos is very, very tanky.
4) The healing is very similar to estus. You can walk a few steps as you heal, no more flex animation, but you still can't roll out of it if you made a mistake, so it's completely fair.
5) The world design is very good on a first glance. Not a lot of shortcut opportunities because monsters don't seem to flee farther than one area at a time, but they -do- flee frequently.
6) Monsters are way more fluent and alert, so they don't let you whale on them until stagger while they're busy eating anymore, they get right back to combat instantly.
7) But the AI is still straightforward, and exploitable. You can bait tail slams if you stand near their tails consistently.
8) motion values for GS and CB seem to be much less than in previous gens, even if you exploit mechanics like baiting, monsters turning around etc. LS and DS were able to cheese monsters that were usually considered GS and CB cheese, and even faster than that.
9) Damage numbers pop up now - this is a very good thing, in my opinion, because it means damage calcs will be possible very soon upon release.
The old method involved throwing stones (1 HP damage per throw) at a peaceful mob monster until it dies to figure out the HP, then bomb + throw to figure out the HP damage of the bomb, then use the bomb as a "large stone"
Then every attack of every weapon can be triangulated by attacking the mob, stoning it to death, and counting the stones.
Anywho i need to run, to be continued