Guidelines For Using /Art/
- Be respectful of others and others' works.
- Don’t be unnecessarily rude about someone or their work.
- At the same time, don’t hate on people who critique your work.
- Be sure to report threads that don't follow these guidelines or the rules of the site
. If you feel someone is being unnecessarily rude to you or others, keep your cool and report them.
- /art/ isn't just for artists! Everypony's input is welcome.Artists' Threads
- Artists are encouraged to make one
gallery thread for personal use. This includes showing your work, taking requests and/or commissions, announcing livestreams, asking for critique, etc.
- Artists of any skill level are welcome and encouraged to make their own threads, take requests, and comment on others work. Don't be shy!
- Artists who create a thread should have it added to the directory. Post a link to your thread here, and mention what sections of the directory it should go in.
- Artists can link to off-site galleries, such as Tumblr or deviantART.
- Get as much information in your original post as possible. Tags are great for this.Requests
- Don't make a new thread for requests. Use the directory to find an artist who takes them, and ask in their thread instead.
- Check the artists' queues. If someone is backed up on requests, asking a different artist whose queue is shorter will get you a better response.
- Be clear and descriptive with your request. Letting the artist "Have their own vision" isn't really the point of a request.
- Please be patient, and don't spam all the artists' threads with a single request.
- Please wait until your request is declined or ignored before reposting it to another artist.
- There are plenty of guides and templates for you to use. If you want something simple for an OC, try to make something yourself first. /art/ will be happy to help you out.CommissionsIf you are taking commissions, your thread should include the following:
- A complete list of categories you will do works in;
- A full price sheet, and payment methods that you accept;
- Up-to-date examples of your work, either in your thread or a linked gallery;
- Contact information; and
- A sma