Questions and suggestions relating to the site

Search /meta/ threads

Name  
Email  
Subject  
Message  
File     
Embed    
Password  (for post and file deletion)

Jan 30It's happening. [Thread]

File 140735792583.jpg - (34.24KB , 640x360 , 126992 - advice Friendship_is_Witchcraft Sweetie_Belle Sweetie_Bot.jpg )
159881 No. 159881 ID: cfb8a4 Stickied [View] [Last 50 posts]
I probably should have made this earlier, but this is the thread for requesting bug fixes and things that you would like to see implemented. As they are requested, I will add them to the list in the OP, and a rough percentage showing how complete that bugfix or feature is completed.

For starters, I fixed the Youtube embed thumbnails being stretched strangely, and it only took one letter to fix it!

Bug fixes
Youtube thumbnail stretching - 100%
Youtube thumbnail title - 100%>
Fix links in spoilers still showing when not hovering - 100% - you may have to do a hard-refresh (Shift-F5 or Shift-Refresh button click) for it to apply
Fix Return/Entire thread/Last 50 posts links overlapping with the quick reply and toggle post form links - 0%

Features
Add a seperate interface for mobile browsers - 0%
205 posts omitted. (View thread)
>> No. 165765 ID: d6fe50
>>165745
Posts are stored as HTML, so it's actually an HTML to BBcode "disassembler" that I wrote. I guess that's a case where it doesn't quite work properly.

I wouldn't expect it to be fixed, though - I can't fix it, and I think Tinyboard stores the original BBcode.


File 142681431966.jpg - (6.94KB , 160x160 , 1472795_408687352567512_1738656328_n.jpg )
165635 No. 165635 ID: 156564 [View] [Last 50 posts]
They all deserve another chance and they can be banned on the spot if they mess up anyway. Also

#Manleydidnothingwrong
99 posts omitted. (View thread)
>> No. 165764 ID: 2fef4e
>>165761
Normally I'd agree but time and time again, Manley discussions only turn into disasters, just like how sexual discussions on /oat/ always edinto disasters.
>> No. 165782 ID: 52a731
File 142771175007.jpg - (157.72KB , 650x400 , Billy-Mays1.jpg )
165782
>>165730
>I'm gonna talk down to you and think I'm right despite the many, many people disagreeing with me

By all means, stay friends with him.

The majority of people just don't want him back and actively have a nicer place to hang out because he's gone.

If you think he's cool and a good friend, good on you.

We just don't want him here.
>> No. 165783 ID: e7b99c
File 142775861835.png - (19.26KB , 300x300 , 4.png )
165783
i happen to think that
Hitler is doing a fine job as Führer

he just needs to merge with neopets finally


File 142685524152.png - (56.69KB , 195x266 , sad shy 3.png )
165643 No. 165643 ID: 552f25 [View]
Two days ago, a thread was made on /oat/ asking me to post as Gilda for a week. to play along, i posted as her for an evening, but resumed regular posting the next day; i didn't feel comfortable with it, and felt pressured into it.

In response, Fenolio said, more or less, that he felt disappointed, and that he would change the theme in /oat/ to Gilda the next day. i figured this was a joke, but it appears not to be.

i do not know whether this is a joke or not, but if it is, i politely ask that it not be at my expense. if it's okay, maybe we could not do the theme anymore? Thank you for your understanding.
20 posts omitted. (View thread)
>> No. 165762 ID: 3bb89e
File 142736459467.png - (261.21KB , 446x430 , what ya holdin.png )
165762
>>165683
>>165685
In the aftermath of the debate, I'll add one thing and I hope admins/mods should look after this.

I think it was pretty fun to discover Gilda day and the theme and I don't think such "events" should never happen.

But if you work on the idea of changing the theme back after a little while, please make sure that not everyone is away at the moment it should have been changed back. Only make changes for jokes and plan to undo them if ypou're sure this can happen in a timely fashion.
If not really possible, try to get someone else to do this for you. Because the current way seems sloppy and actually makes a point why these events are not really a good idea.
>> No. 165780 ID: 644bd4
File 142766995092.png - (148.57KB , 900x873 , 133385464020.png )
165780
How did I miss this juicy drama?
>> No. 165781 ID: ce6132
File 142767080505.png - (1.00MB , 1280x720 , Rarity_cute_face_idea_S1E20.png )
165781
>>165780
Im going to guess that it was because you weren't around when it happened.


File 142744387184.jpg - (682.49KB , 1794x2198 , image.jpg )
165766 No. 165766 ID: cd3b43 [View]
Was wondering if a mod could tell me when my last ban was. I think I should be coming up on a year some time in April or early May. Thanks.
1 post omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165768 ID: cd3b43
File 142747625562.png - (10.73KB , 378x294 , 132649592851.png )
165768
>>165766
That sounds about right for what the ban was for. I was being a bit of a dick. I thought it was in the Spring, though. Thanks, Lem :)
>> No. 165769 ID: cb6e05
>>165768
Not a problem at all
>> No. 165770 ID: bd7252
File 142751555273.png - (569.63KB , 1280x720 , Lurk.png )
165770
>lemming is still around
Neat.


File 142676586482.jpg - (63.16KB , 449x593 , 142018353590.jpg )
165628 No. 165628 ID: 443ae5 [View]
you can check my ip im retro but id like to know why do you guys hate manley so much?
4 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165633 ID: 52bb3b
>>165628
Whenever someone disagrees with manley he calls them a racist.
>> No. 165634 ID: e2b6eb
I, too, am not Manley. You can tell because my IP is Retro's!
>> No. 165728 ID: 47803e
File 142716625719.png - (23.54KB , 120x120 , Unidentified Rodian with Jacket.png )
165728
Guys you're eroding the site


File 142686955390.png - (27.05KB , 171x147 , Screenshot_23.png )
165667 No. 165667 ID: e4d201 [View]
hi mods/admins/devs/whoever the fuck is changin g the theme

please un-gilda the site bc the theme is shit

thanks
>> No. 165687 ID: 0d9cb8
Try changing to a different theme, it should not be switching back to gilda.


File 142665896117.png - (412.37KB , 1600x2222 , rainbow_dash_concerned_by_myardius-d5ll7ld.png )
165618 No. 165618 ID: 2b9f76 [View]
January sure was an interesting month! Lots of wild stuff happened.

It is mid-March, though. Not that I don't love the beautiful Shining fanart, but do those announcements still need to be stickied? I think that at this point, anyone who hasn't voiced an opinion about the merger and complains that they weren't notified can be smacked soundly in the face.

Last edited at Tue, Mar 17th, 2015 23:10

6 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165625 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142669698871.gif - (245.70KB , 360x240 , REACTOR-MELTDOWN-IN-PROGRESS.gif )
165625
Yeah sure, stickies can be unstuck.

>>165621
>Why bother banning anyone when they're just going to be unbanned in a week?
You just had to point that out.

>>165624
YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF.
>> No. 165626 ID: ce6132
Youtube embed play button
  ^^merging and unbanning
<<MLPonychan the first week or so after the merger
>> No. 165627 ID: 0dede1
>>165624
>>165625
Sweet, time to get up a bot to spam cartoon horse porn!

Last edited at Wed, Mar 18th, 2015 20:13



File 142587445056.png - (597.81KB , 916x957 , 1422062008809.png )
165517 No. 165517 ID: e0fd56 [View]
will manley be unpermad? i mean this kind of thing has happened at least 20 times.

also mods = hitlar.
13 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165614 ID: f59082
I am best mod
>> No. 165615 ID: 9c04e5
>>165614
wait
you're not mein
>> No. 165617 ID: e0fd56
>mein6mod2015


No. 165574 ID: 2fef4e [View]
Hello, when I saw the proposal for the ponychan/mlpchan merger, one of the proposed boards was /chat/, or what is the current /gala/, rather. However, it seems that that serials are rather controversial. I believe that because serials exist, the /oat/ community is rather "shitposty", for lack of a better term. However, it seems that the people in the serials like the environment there; even though they claim they're just there because of the topic, serials are similar to the /oat/ community.

Does the existence of /gala/ (or what will become /chat/) cause a fracture in the /oat/ community? I'd love to hear from people who are part of serials and people who don't like serials as well.
11 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165612 ID: b4a3bf
>>165610
yes.

Ban them all and all the people who have ever posted in one

Because OP wants to so you must
>> No. 165613 ID: 2fef4e
>>165609
>You really want people to leave this site, don't you?

>It's cool that people that are not connected with /gala/ or serial threads have the most things to say and want to get rid of the serials.

Except no? If anything, I want serials to stay, it was a private discussion I had, which is why I brought it up here.

>>165612
>Ban them all and all the people who have ever posted in one

>Because OP wants to so you must
1. Stop being a sarcastic twit.
>> No. 165616 ID: ef443b
>>165613
well yeah, I know you didn't, and was just being silly, but you're right, I shouldn't have contributed to the perception that you did.


File 142257642429.png - (22.42KB , 429x499 , OhGodWat.png )
165156 No. 165156 ID: 40a1fc [View] [Last 50 posts]
I've been trying to think of something witty and failing so here it is in boring fashion.

Officially decided to do it, all that's left is for macil to set things up which could take a few weeks.

You may now panic at your leisure.

Previous thread.>>163943

MLPchan /site/ Thread
194 posts omitted. (View thread)
>> No. 165599 ID: b11956
File 142638848957.jpg - (551.26KB , 800x1000 , tamamo29.jpg )
165599
>>165587
>I just wanted to add that somehow I feel this is a result of the admin change (When and how the hell did Admiral Yang become admin?
Yang isn't that gung ho about this. Him being an admin has nothing to do with this.

>I find it very sad that ponychan will allow clop before /mlp/ does.
>hidden away on a board where it has to be tagged and will be autohidden until you say you want to see it
It will still be way easier to find clop on /mlp/ than it will be to find it here.
I'd also like to point out it isn't clop specific. If no one else does I will totally make a normal people thread with no bestiality allowed.
>> No. 165604 ID: 2fef4e
Hey fen, I have a request if you guys ever do merge: Can you guys not use a shitty background theme like that pinkie pie one? kthx
>> No. 165611 ID: 930635
>>165587
>>165599
Figured it sounds like a !!Shining Armor thing.


No. 164897 ID: 35acf9 [View]
A couple weeks ago, I posted the following message for the staff:
>I've been planning to do this for a week or two now. I wish I'd had a chance to talk with Orange before posting this, but he's on vacation and I feel it's necessary that I get it over with now.
>In my time as admin / owner / whatever of Ponychan, I've fixed some bugs, resolved some disputes, picked some fights, and made some mistakes. My contribution hasn't been very big, apart from paying for the site. I freely admit it hasn't been the most stellar tenure.
>2014 was probably the hardest year of my life. I love the people on Ponychan, and my memories of the early days of the site, but I haven't made it a secret that over the past year it represented just one more source of anxiety when I was just struggling to hold on. Now that 2015 is here, I've decided to participate in a therapy program over the next couple months to help get my life back on track; this will consume almost all of my free time, and it is necessary to get my obligations to Ponychan out of the way first.
>Astra told me there are talks about a Ponychan merger. I know I placed myself in the position of decision-maker, but I have no basis on which to form an opinion about this. I don't currently use the site and I hardly interact with anybody who does. This decision should be left to people who know what they're talking about.
>Orange, Admiral, and Fen are in charge. Orange has all of the site passwords. I hope the three of you can figure out how to share power.
>Some of you donated money to the site's PayPal account to help with this year's site expenses. I never withdrew the money; I'll leave it there so it can go towards next year's expenses.
>It really has been a pleasure working with all of you - and I'm not just saying that. I love this staff. I'm sorry if this comes as a disappointment.

I don't want to be overly dramatic
21 posts omitted. (View thread)
>> No. 165310 ID: 9d48cb
goodnight sweet prince. and may the force be with you. i too am sad that i couldnt have a convo with you. maybe i will get your skype or something.
>> No. 165426 ID: 929ab6
Alas good mod, farewell to thee. May greener pastures be at your fingertips. Good luck, Ponychan compatriot! I may have not known you well, sir, but alas I thank you for the donation of your heart here.


Also, can you lend me a $1.50 for a Soda?
>> No. 165605 ID: 2fef4e
Good idea, inkwell. This website deserves to burn itself down.


File 142634362515.jpg - (65.87KB , 600x600 , 1440-(n1300980238467).jpg )
165590 No. 165590 ID: ce6132 [View]
It's pi day.

Requesting pi-themed /oat/ to celebrate!
3 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165594 ID: 428138
File 142637013574.png - (90.99KB , 239x323 , dodger_frightened.png )
165594
It looks bad
>> No. 165595 ID: ce6132
File 142637018330.png - (116.06KB , 640x498 , pinkie08-(n1303540017575).png )
165595
Thank you based overlords!

>>165593
It's working again.

>>165594
In a good way, right?
>> No. 165596 ID: ce6132
File 142637464013.gif - (1.48MB , 360x360 , 2ustxe8-(n1304475313436).gif )
165596
It's no longer pi-day! Could you please stop [buzzword] my [buzzword] and remove all Pinkie Pie related things and stop being [buzzword] [buzzword]!


No. 165588 ID: 61c81a [View]
I think the mods need to unban Manley
He keeps changing his IP
>tfw this is the 100th thread about Manley
>> No. 165589 ID: ce6132
I don't get this?
They need to unban him because he changes his IP?
Wut?


No. 165563 ID: 2fef4e [View]
In every forum that has upvotes and downvotes, it is very successful. Why? Because it allows us users to gauge how contributive each person is to any sort of discussion. With good use of the upvote/downvote system, we can be able to correctly moderate ourselves while we represent what we want to be as a community together. It would help bring together opinions from everyone and include everyone in discussions.
4 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165582 ID: 82f2ba
long ago i used a chan that had upvotes and the funny people got upvoted and the annoying people got downvoted
>> No. 165583 ID: 6741de
File 142626097801.png - (133.13KB , 900x900 , 1_ Dulset smile.png )
165583
>>165567
Upvote

Though I have seen some sites with only upvotes, which changes the dynamic a lot, possibly for the better. If you can't attack something down, then it becomes less important to support just what you agree with on the chance it gets voted down. I wouldn't ask for that though.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 13th, 2015 08:38

>> No. 165584 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142626528051.png - (751.45KB , 1136x662 , Oh you, I see what you did there.png )
165584
>>165581
Something like post counts or receiving a number of upvotes yourself?
That sort of thing only promotes an inclusive community, where you are more likely to be disregarded due to your lack of posts.
And if the post count / vote counts are exceedingly high like say, 500 to a thousand or something, then it only promotes virtual dick sucking of those people that have special privileges over everyone else.

It happens everywhere that includes people of a higher position mixing with those of a lower.

Just to be clear, i'm only talking in terms of the site here.

User > Mod > Admin

There's a thread on /oat/ right now about the clarkson kurfuffle with the BBC.


File 142600909674.png - (3.53KB , 467x30 , press x to json.png )
165544 No. 165544 ID: b655d9 [View]
I keep getting this error whenever I post. I also can't seem to get "image zoom on hover" to work. I assume something I did with the settings got messed up? If there's any way to fix either issue, I'd like to hear it.

I'm using Google Chrome and Ponychan X is on. The image zoom on hover functionality doesn't work regardless of whether Ponychan X is on or not.
2 posts omitted. (Expand)
>> No. 165547 ID: ce6132
>>165546
That was all I had. I know I've had the same issue.
But I can't for the life of me remember what else I might have done to fix it.
>> No. 165562 ID: d6aa61
Deleting cookies and other site data should work though if you don't set the start date early enough it might not delete it. You can manually delete the offending item by inspect element>resources>local storage>Pchan and right click on the item and delete it. You probably won't be able to delete any threads made before doing this, so make sure you hide any evidence first.

Last edited at Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 20:35

>> No. 165565 ID: b655d9
>>165562
Manually deleting every cookie fixed the issue somehow, despite having deleted them before.

Well, problem solved.


Delete post []
Password    
Report post
Reason  

Previous [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]